本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这里是《全神贯注学英语》播客。
This is an All Ears English podcast.
让你的英语水平臻于完美。
Make your English the chef's kiss.
欢迎收听下载量突破2亿次的《全神贯注学英语》播客。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast, downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否正为英语学习感到困顿?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过注重交流而非完美,变得自信流利。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection.
由美国主持人林赛·麦克马洪(英语冒险家)和米歇尔·卡普兰(纽约电台女孩)为您呈现,来自美国科罗拉多州和纽约市。
With your American hosts, Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, and Michelle Kaplan, the New York radio girl, coming to you from Colorado and New York City, USA.
每周获取邮件发送的节目文本,请访问allearsenglish.com/subscribe。
And to get your transcripts delivered by email every week, go to allearsenglish.com forward slash subscribe.
人生最美妙的时刻之一就是出色完成某件事的时候。
One of the best moments in life is when you do something well.
比如烹饪出一道惊艳的佳肴。
You cook an amazing meal.
或是创作一件艺术品。
You create a work of art.
在这些时刻,你该如何评价自己或他人的作品来建立情感共鸣?
What can you say in these moments about your own work or about someone else's to build connection?
别错过这些珍贵时刻。
Don't miss the moment.
用英语说这些短语。
Use these phrases in English.
嘿,米歇尔。
Hey there, Michelle.
你今天感觉怎么样?
How are you feeling today?
我感觉很好。
I'm feeling good.
你呢,林赛?
How are you, Lindsey?
我很兴奋。
I am excited.
今天是星期六。
It's a Saturday.
欢迎来到这个时髦的周六特辑。
Welcome to a sassy Saturday episode.
感谢你和我们在一起。
Thanks for being here with us.
我喜欢这样。
I love it.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们即将迎来感恩节了。
We're coming we're getting close to Thanksgiving now.
所以,你知道,我们很高兴能在周六的精彩节目中拥有听众们的陪伴。
So, you know, we love that we have our listeners on board for a wonderful Saturday episode.
但是,米歇尔,我确实有个问题要问你。
But, Michelle, I do have a question for you.
好的。
Yes.
什么问题?
What is a question?
那么,你觉得自己上一次真正表现出色是什么时候?
So when was the last time you think you did something really well?
就是那种完全在你擅长领域、得心应手的状态。
Just like really in your wheelhouse, in your zone.
知道吗,琳赛,最近有件事让我感觉特别好,就是我和蔬菜的关系以及烹饪方式。
Know, Lindsay, one thing that I feel very lately I'm feeling really good about my relationship with vegetables and how I cook them.
哦,那太棒了。
Oh, that's great.
所以我最近做了一顿大餐,用了很多烤得恰到好处的蔬菜,调味得当,还有一份很棒的沙拉。
So I recently made a meal with a lot of really good roasted veggies and seasoned, and then a good salad.
简直就是主厨之吻,真的。
It was just it was chef's kiss, really.
主厨之吻。
Chef's kiss.
太美了。
Beautiful.
我喜欢那样,米歇尔。
I love that, Michelle.
感觉太棒了。
That feels great.
对吧?
Right?
我其实有个例子。
I actually have an example.
昨晚我在参加网球训练。
Last night, I was at Tennis Drill.
我们进行的是比赛形式的网球训练。
I was doing tennis drills where we play games.
就是那种比赛、训练之类的。
It's like games, drills, that kind of thing.
然后我打出了一记漂亮的直线穿越球。
And I hit this awesome passing shot down the line.
哦,太完美了。
Oh, so good.
球越过网前选手,简直完美至极。
Passing the volley the person at the net, and it was chef's kiss.
简直不可思议。
It was amazing.
就像在说,太棒了。
It was like, yes.
你知道,打网球时,最妙的就是那个击球甜点。
You know, with tennis, it's the sweet spot.
你知道,就是那种击中甜点的感觉。
You know, it's that feeling of the sweet spot.
球拍精准地击中最佳位置,那种感觉棒极了。
It hits the racket exactly where it should and it feels amazing.
你懂那种感觉。
You know that feeling.
吃蔬菜时也是同样的道理。
And the same with your veggies.
对吧?
Right?
就像是
It's just like
蔬菜啊,没错。
Veggies and Yeah.
正是如此。
Exactly.
对。
Yeah.
今天我们要回答听众关于如何形容事情做得非常好或完美的提问。
So today we are going to answer a listener question about how to say something was done really well or perfectly.
这个问题来自YouTube用户Rehanne。
This question comes to us from YouTube from Rehanne.
琳赛,你愿意为我们读一下这个问题吗?
Lindsay, would you like to read the question for us?
好的。
Yes.
琳赛和米歇尔,你们好。
So Lindsay and Michelle, hello.
我是雷汉妮·普汉德。
I'm Rehanne Puhande.
我非常喜欢你们的播客。
I really enjoy your podcast.
它对我学习自然英语、日常生活和雅思备考帮助很大。
It helps me a lot with learning natural English and daily life and IELTS preparation.
哦,那太好了。
Oh, well, great.
很高兴知道这个。
I that's great to know.
太棒了。
Love that.
而我
And I
有个请求。
have a request.
能否请你们制作一期关于表示'完全正确'或'完美完成'的习语节目?比如'nail it'、'spot on'、'knock it out of the park'等更多表达,并解释应该在什么场合使用它们。
Could you please make an episode about idioms that mean exactly right or done perfectly, such as nail it, spot on, knock it out of the park, and much more, and explain where we should use them.
我认为许多学习者会发现比较美式和英式习语在这方面很有帮助。
I think many learners would find it useful to compare American and British idioms in this area.
非常感谢你出色的工作。
Thank you so much for your amazing work.
好问题。
Great question.
表达得很清楚。
Very articulate
这也是个问题,不是吗?
question too, isn't it?
表达得非常清晰。
Very articulate.
我很喜欢。
I love it.
是的。
Yeah.
我们真的要仔细研究这些词汇,并讨论其他一些词。
We're gonna really go through these words and talk about some others.
但这确实是一项重要的沟通技巧。
But this is, yeah, this is a huge connection skill.
很高兴我们讨论这个话题,因为能够称赞他人工作出色,甚至对自己这样说都非常重要。
So I'm glad we're covering it because it's so important to be able to commend someone for doing a good job or even say it about ourselves.
给自己一点鼓励,一点小小的自我表扬。
Give ourselves a little pick me up, a little pat on the back.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
这是一种善意
This is kind
当我们做好某件事时,生活所呈现的部分色彩。
of some of the color of life when we've done something well.
而且,没错,大方承认我们做得很好或者特别去赞美别人都没问题,但这其实是一种非常棒的感觉,是种普世共通的情感。
And, yeah, it's okay to say we've done it well or or to especially to compliment someone, but it's kind of a feeling that's really cool and it's a universal feeling.
就像我们都在人生的某个时刻做好过某些事情。
Like we've all done something well at some point in life.
所以如果你能在他人或自己身上认识到这一点,感觉会很棒。
And so if you can acknowledge that in someone else or in yourself, it just feels good.
这就像是活着的美好感受的一部分,你懂吗?
It's like part of what feels good about being alive, you know?
是啊,
Yeah,
确实如此。
definitely.
那么我们将深入探讨这些表达方式。
So we're going to get into these expressions.
但在开始之前,我们要提醒您点击关注按钮,无论您在哪里收听《全神贯注英语》播客。
But before we do, we want to remind you to hit the follow button wherever you are listening to the All Ears English podcast.
伙计们,别错过我们的任何内容。
Don't miss anything from us guys.
对,关注我们。
Yeah, follow.
没错。
Yeah.
我们11月和12月会发布一些特别节目,不关注就会错过哦。
We're publishing some extra episodes in November and December, and you will miss them if you're not following.
所以无论你在哪个平台收听,都记得把我们加入播放队列。
So make sure you've got us in your queue wherever you're listening.
如果你是在YouTube上收听,记得点击那边的订阅按钮。
If you happen to be consuming this on YouTube, make sure you hit hit subscribe over there.
明白了吗?
Okay?
完美。
Perfect.
好的。
Alright.
我们将从Rehanai列出的表达开始,同时也会教一些我们自己觉得有趣的表达。
Well, we are gonna start with Rehanai's expressions listed, and also teach some fun ones ourselves.
再次提醒,你知道的,这位听众问的是英式英语。
So, again, you know, our list this listener asked about British English.
但我们这里主要聚焦的是美式英语。
Mean, we are really focused here on American English.
所以,你知道,我懂一些英式英语,但在这方面我确实说不了太多。
So, you know, I know some British English, but I can't really speak as much to that.
因此,我们将在美式英语的语境下更深入地讨论这个话题。
So we're going to really talk about this more in the context of American English.
林赛,你怎么看?
What do you think, Lindsey?
是的。
Yeah.
我同意。
I agree.
我们喜欢教你们我们熟悉的内容,这样就不会教错东西。
We like to teach you what we know well, so we don't teach you wrong things.
市面上有很多专注于英式英语的优秀播客。
There are lots of great podcasts out there that are that focus on British English.
我们节目中也曾邀请过其中一些作为嘉宾。
We've had some of them on the show as guests.
我得说,我认为'spot on'这个短语更偏向英式而非美式,就是她问题中提到的那个。
I will say, I think the phrase spot on is more British than American, The one that she mentioned in her question.
不过,是的,可以去英式英语播客里找找看。
But, yeah, check that out on a British podcast.
在这里我们会专注于美式英语的内容。
We'll focus on the American English ones here.
米歇尔,我们开始吧。
And let's get into it, Michelle.
好的。
Alright.
那么我们就来讨论这位听众提出的几个问题。
So we're gonna go through the ones that this listener asked about.
所以第一点完全正确。
So the first thing is exactly right.
我个人会更倾向于用它来表达对某个想法或他人观点的认同。
So I I would use this more for an idea or if someone says something I agree with.
我不确定——我不确定会用它来形容某人的工作成果是完美的。
I'm not sure I I'm not sure I would use it to describe someone's work or an outcome as being perfect.
对吧?
Right?
这样说没错,但听起来可能有点别扭。
That's not wrong, but it may sound a little bit awkward.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
对,对。
Yeah, yeah.
没错。
Right.
比如,我昨晚打出一记漂亮的直线穿越球时,对自己说'完全正确'。
So, for example, I'm just picturing hitting that passing shot last night down the line, saying to myself exactly right.
不,这样说不合适。
Nah, it doesn't work.
不行。
Doesn't work.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
不。
No.
对于刚从烤箱拿出来的蔬菜,你不会说'完全正确'。
Or for your veggies coming out of the oven, you wouldn't really say exactly right.
我可能会说'刚好'。
That doesn't I might just, I might say just right.
刚好?
Just right?
刚好。
Just right.
对吧?
Right?
但不会说这些是完全正确的。
But Not, wouldn't say these are exactly right.
对吧?
Right?
那更像是针对某个观点、想法或答案。
That's more for some sort of point, an idea, an answer.
比如考试中的唯一答案之类的。
So the singular answer on a test or something.
举个例子,你说得完全正确。
So for example, you are exactly right.
我完全同意。
I totally agree.
顺便说,这也确实像是种认同的连接。
Which is also, by the way, really connect like it's connection affirming.
当你在对话中认同某人时,那种感觉也非常好。
When you do agree with someone in a conversation, that feels really good too.
那是个建立联系的时刻,而且很有意义。
That's a connection moment, and that's valid.
对吧?
Right?
你知道的,完全正确。
You know, exactly right.
绝对正确。
Totally right.
她完全正确或是在引用某人的观点。
She's exact or referring to someone's point of view.
她说得完全正确。
She's exactly right.
我们应该考虑转机航班以节省开支。
We should consider indirect flights in order to save money.
但这和那一刻的感觉不一样,你知道的,就是那种完美无瑕的感觉。
But it's not the same as in that moment of, you know, the chef's kiss.
天啊,我创造了这个了不起的东西。
Oh my gosh, I've created this amazing thing.
太完美了。
It's perfect.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
你并没有真正实时体验它。
You're not kind of experiencing it in real time.
那更像是你在反复思考它。
That's more just More you're thinking it through.
这不是那种'哦,这就是大师级作品'的感觉。
It's not, Oh, this is chef's kids.
它很微小
It's little
可能更概念化,更偏理性一些。
more conceptual, more cerebral maybe.
还有什么要说的吗,米歇尔?
What else, Michelle?
完成得太完美了。
So done perfectly.
我觉得那个说法稍微正式一点。
So that one I feel is a little bit more formal.
我可能会直接说'完美'或者'它很完美'。
I would probably just say perfect or it's perfect.
但你可以说你可以这样使用它。
But you could say you could use it like this.
真的,这些饼干烤得恰到好处。
Really, the cookies were done perfectly.
绝对美味。
Absolutely delicious.
嗯。
Mhmm.
对。
Right.
所以你可以说'饼干烤得完美'或者'饼干很完美'。
So you could say the cookies were done perfectly or the cookies were perfect.
如果你想简化表达的话。
If you just wanna simplify.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Mhmm.
太完美了。
It's perfect.
你完全按照我的设想执行了。
You executed my vision just how I want it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
哦,哇。
Or wow.
完美。
Perfect.
我喜欢你订购的家具。
I love the furniture you ordered.
不错。
Nice.
我喜欢这些。
I like these.
我能在这里加个奖励吗?我我
Can I add a bonus here that I I
不知道要不要加个奖励?
don't know if want Add a bonus?
我个人最喜欢的是'搞定了'。
My personal favorite is nailed it.
搞定了。
Nailed it.
搞定了。
Nailed it.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我能想象你从烤箱里拿出蔬菜时这么说的样子。
I can see you saying that as your veggies come out of the oven.
对吧?
Right?
搞定了。
Nailed it.
或者像丹说的那样,对吧?
Or like Dan saying that's Right?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你说得对。
You're right.
这位听众确实问过关于指甲的问题,我想我搞定了。
This listener did ask about nail nail in, and I think I nailed it.
是的。
Yeah.
这是个好例子。
It's good one.
搞定了。
Nailed it.
对。
Yeah.
完美完成。
Nailed it.
没错。
Yeah.
或者像打出一记漂亮的过顶球,或在关键时刻表现出色。
Or like hitting my passing shot or doing anything great in the moment.
我们可以用这句话来评价刚做的事,也可以用来赞美别人。
We can say that to refer to what we just did, or we could say that to someone else to compliment them.
而且这句话也常被用来讽刺。
And it's also a common one that you say sarcastically.
你有没有见过网上人们发布自己尝试DIY制作东西的照片?
Have you ever seen where people post pictures of like things they've tried to make online, like DIY?
然后配文'完美搞定'。
And it's like, nailed it.
但实际成品和示范图相比简直惨不忍睹。
And it's like terrible compared to the actual picture.
我们在Allergic这里就爱讽刺。
We love sarcasm here at Allergic.
这就是我每次尝试画画时的感受。
This is how I feel anytime I try to draw anything.
这就是我像避瘟疫一样避开你画我猜的原因。
This is why I avoid Pictionary like the plague.
我会直接走出房间。
I will walk out of the room.
有人说,我们来玩你画我猜吧。
Someone says, let's play Pictionary.
你就会说,天哪我根本没想画一匹马。
You're like, my my I didn't try to draw a horse.
它看起来更像头牛,或者我也不知道像什么。
It looks more like a cow or I don't know.
就是很糟糕。
It's just bad.
不。
No.
我就是这样,不仅画画如此,打保龄球也是。
That's how I am with well, with drawing, but also with bowling.
就像,我直接把球扔进了沟里,然后我可能会说,
Like, I I just right into the gutter, and I might say,
完美命中。
nailed it.
米歇尔,你需要保险杠。
Like You need the bumpers, Michelle.
需要保险杠。
Need the bumpers.
哦,当你说‘搞定它’时,这是自嘲的好方式。
Oh, it's a great way to make fun of yourself when you say nailed it.
我喜欢这样。
I love it.
我们要稍微聊聊‘一针见血’。
And we are gonna talk a little bit about spot on.
我是说,你们可以用美式英语来说。
I mean, we you can say it in American English.
我觉得英国人更常说这个。
I've I feel like I've heard British people say this more.
我不确定。
I don't know.
你同意吗?
Do you agree?
米歇尔,你在伦敦学习过。
You studied in London, Michelle.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
那是很久以前的事了,不过确实如此。
That was a while ago, but Yeah.
我想你可以这么说。
That's I think you could say it.
我是说,我并没有觉得它更英国化,但你可能说得对。
I mean, I don't I I didn't think of it as as more British, but you may you might be right.
不过,嗯,我不太确定。
But, yeah, I'm not sure.
所以,就像你说的完全正确,我会说这确实如此。
So, like but spot on, I would say it's it's exactly.
对吧?
Right?
它也很随意。
It's it's also casual.
所以我更多想到的是某人的回答,像是在表达自己。
So I I think more of someone's answer, like expressing themselves.
举个例子,你说的完全正确。
So for example, what you're saying is spot on.
我从未那样想过。
I never thought of it that way.
或者你说得完全正确。
Or you are spot on.
我们确实需要多买些布朗尼预拌粉。
We do need to buy extra brownie mix.
对吧?
Right?
但我觉得你也可以用这句话来形容回归我们的成功场景,我很想聊聊这个,你的蔬菜。
But I think you could also say it for coming back to our success scenarios, which I'd love to talk about, your veggies.
你知道的,你也可以说,哦,
You know, you could also say, oh,
这些完全正确。
these are spot on.
对吧?
Right?
这些是
These are
完全正确。
spot on.
所以这个很灵活。
So that one is dynamic.
所以我喜欢它。
So I like it.
好的。
Alright.
我喜欢接下来这个,因为,我们都很喜欢棒球谚语,不是吗?
I love this next one because, well, we love a good baseball idiom, don't we?
确实。
We do.
我们确实如此。
We do.
所以这就是哦,我们马上要迎来世界大赛了。
So this is oh, and we have the World Series coming up here.
是啊。
Yeah.
今年世界大赛都有哪些队参加?
Who's in the world series this year?
我蓝鸟队,其他的我不清楚。
I blue jays, and I don't know.
好的。
Okay.
有意思。
Interesting.
没错。
Yeah.
这总是件大事。
It's always a big deal.
好吧。
Alright.
我知道蓝鸟队参赛了。
I know the blue jays are in it.
对。
Yeah.
不过,你可以说'大获成功'。
But, yeah, you could say to knock it out of the park.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
这就像打了个全垒打。
So that's like a home run.
对吗?
Right?
你也可以说,哦,这是个全垒打。
You could also say, oh, it's a home run.
但基本上,这意味着你做得非常出色。
But basically, this means you did a really good job.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得——如果我说的不对请纠正我,米歇尔——但感觉这通常用于那些需要大量工作的大项目。
And I think I almost correct me if you disagree, Michelle, but I feel like this is usually for bigger, like, projects where it takes a lot of work.
比如,你可能在筹办某个人的结婚周年派对之类的。
Like, maybe you're hosting a, I don't know, a wedding anniversary party for someone.
这算是件大事,重要的事情
Like, it's kind of like a big deal, a big thing that
没错。
Right.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
我不会说,哦,我的蔬菜种出来了,我就大获成功了。
I wouldn't say, oh, my veggies came out and I knocked it out of the park.
这似乎也有点。
It seems a little bit too.
我是说,你可以这么说,但我觉得这表明你接手了这个大项目并且完成得很出色。
I mean, you could, but, yeah, I feel like this points to, like, you you took on this big project and you did it very well.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
嗯,比如说,我们马上要过感恩节了,这次是我们主办。
Well, for example, I mean, we have Thanksgiving coming up and we are hosting this.
是你们。
You are.
哦,这是你们第一次主办感恩节吗?
Oh, is it your first time hosting Thanksgiving?
不是。
No.
我们办过一次。好的。
We did it once Okay.
曾经有一次
Once before and
哦天哪。
Oh my gosh.
但现在我们在房子里了。
But now we're in the house.
我们有,我们确实有。
We have we have yeah.
我们有足够的空间,
We have the room for it,
但我不喜欢——我甚至不喜欢火鸡。
but I don't like to I don't even like turkey.
所以不行。
So no.
没人喜欢。
No one does.
没人喜欢——只是你必须这样,是啊。
No one likes It's it's just that you have to yeah.
这有点傻。
It's kinda silly.
所以我也不知道。
So I I don't know.
这很有趣,因为通常我去别人家时根本不会想这个。
I it's funny because normally when I go to other people's houses, I don't think about it.
但现在要由我来负责食物供应,我就想,哦,我真的必须这么做吗?
But now that I'm gonna be the one supplying the food, I'm like, oh, do I really have to do this?
所以这就是
So That's
人生中重要的一步。
a huge step in life.
感觉成为感恩节的主办人,因为你可能是负责火鸡的人,就是那个主菜,你知道的。
Feel like being the one that hosts Thanksgiving because you're probably the one in charge of the turkey, like the main, you know, the main dish.
我不知道。
I don't know.
感恩节真是件大事。
Thanksgiving's just such a huge deal.
我记得小时候早上7点就醒了。
I remember waking up as a kid at, like, 7AM.
妈妈已经把火鸡放进烤箱,一切都在按部就班地进行,每道菜都有固定的出炉时间表。
My mom's already got the turkey in the in the oven, and, like, things are rolling, and there's a schedule for when everything's going in and coming out.
展开剩余字幕(还有 301 条)
那可真是件大事。
It's, like, a huge thing.
是啊。
Yeah.
毫无压力。
No pressure.
毫无压力。
No pressure.
对。
Right.
如果按我的方式来,我想我会把整餐都做成配菜,就各种不同的配菜,因为那是我最喜欢感恩节的部分。
And it's if if if I had it my way, I think I would just do the whole meal as sides, just different sides because I that's my favorite part about Thanksgiving.
配菜和派。
Sides and pies.
完美。
Perfect.
完全同意。
Totally.
我就会那么做。
That's what I would do.
说实话,我觉得大多数人都是这么想的,但没人来你家做客时会这么说。
Honestly, I think most people feel that way, but no one's gonna say that to you when they come to your house.
他们不能那么说。
They can't say that.
但我觉得大多数人只想要配菜和派。
But most people, I think, just want the size in the pies.
问题是,我现在住的地方不知怎么的有一大群火鸡到处走。
Well, the thing is that I have these like, where I live now, for some reason, there's a whole bunch of turkeys, like, walking around.
林赛,我会发照片给你看。
Lindsey, I'll send you pictures.
所以我近距离看过它们的样子后,现在吃火鸡肉时总会想起我家后院的那些火鸡。
And so I see how they look up close, and I can't eat turkey anymore without thinking of these turkeys in my backyard.
是的。
Yes.
我是
I'm
就像,我不知道。
like, I don't know.
哦,确实如此。
Oh, it's so true.
我住在波士顿时,在剑桥经常看到这些。
I used to see those in Cambridge when I lived in Boston.
它们会有,比如说,人行横道。
They would, like, have street crossings.
对吧?
Right?
所以特别是在秋天,它们会过马路,就像,
So they're especially around the fall, they would be crossing the street and, like,
时间跑过马路?
time run across the street?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
见过它们,就像,它们真是太有趣了。
Seen them, like, they're just hilarious.
闲逛,慢慢来。
Hanging out, taking their time.
然后在交通高峰时段,车辆不得不停下来让火鸡先过。
And then traffic has to stop in the middle of rush hour and let the turkeys pass.
这太有趣了。
It's so funny.
每个人睡觉时都会想到感恩节。
And everyone thinks about Thanksgiving when they when they sleep.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以我根本没法好好吃饭。
So I can't even eat at any anyway.
天啊。
God.
总之。
Anyway.
但关键是,如果我在感恩节表现得好,有人可能会对我说,因为那更重要,你可能会说,你完全大获成功。
But so but the point is, if I do a good job on Thanksgiving, somebody might say to me, because that's a bigger deal, you might say, you totally knocked it out of the park.
是的。
Yes.
那是
That's a
个好例子。
good example.
希望他们这么说,而不是说你失败了。
Let's hope they say that and they don't say you struck out.
我相信你,米歇尔。
I believe in you, Michelle.
我相信你能做到。
I believe you do it.
这是一段重要的成长历程。
That's a huge road of passage.
了不起。
Big deal.
勇于承担,值得称赞。
Good on you for taking it on.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
但这是个好例子,因为那是个项目。
But so It's a good example because that's a project.
对吧?
Right?
这可是件大事。
It's a big deal.
必须安排好所有食物的时间等等。
Have to time all the all the food and everything.
这适用于稍微大一点的事情。
So that applies to like a slightly bigger thing.
对吧?
Right?
表现得非常出色。
Knocking it out of the park.
好吗?
Okay?
是的。
Yes.
好了,各位。
Alright, guys.
我们再教两个。
We're gonna teach two more.
我们已经提到过这个了,就是‘完美至极’。
We've already been touching on this one, which is chef's kiss.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
所以,没错,这个非常流行。
So, yeah, this is very trendy.
你有没有
Do you ever
听人们这么说过吗?
hear people say this?
这很时髦。
It's trendy.
当然。
Sure.
我最近听说过。
I've heard it recently.
你知道,尤其是当你做自己真正擅长的事情时。
You know, especially when you're doing something that's really in your wheelhouse.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Mhmm.
这是你独特擅长的领域,而且你刚刚完成了这件事。
Something that you do uniquely well, and you've just done the thing.
你刚刚完成了这个作品。
You've just produced the thing.
你可以这样评价自己,或者别人也可以这样评价你。
You might say that about yourself or someone might say it about you.
对吧?
Right?
但你做到了这件你真正擅长的事,而且你又完成了一次,这就是成果。
But you you've done this thing that you do really well and you've done it again and here it is.
这是产品。
Here's the product.
对吧?
Right?
所以,完美至极,这是什么意思呢?
So chef's kiss, like, what is what?
这到底是什么意思,你觉得这个说法是从哪来的?
Like, what does that even, where do you think that comes from?
其实我也不知道它源自何处。
I actually don't I don't know where it comes from.
真希望我们手头有这方面的资料。
I wish we we had that information here.
但你知道吗,米歇尔?
But do you know, Michelle?
我也不太确定,但我觉得可能源于人们的手势动作。
I I don't I don't know for sure, but in my mind, it comes from, like, motion that people make.
就像,就像你做的那个动作。
Like, like, you Right.
对。
Yeah.
如果你想看的话,今天我们在YouTube上有儿童节目。
You have be watching Kids We're on YouTube today if you wanna like, Yeah.
所以我觉得人们确实会这么做,尤其是厨师们,大概吧。
So but somehow so I think people did that, especially maybe chefs or Probably.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
但不知怎么地就发展成要说出来了。
But somehow it evolved into saying it.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
而不仅仅是做个动作。
And not just making the motion.
一开始我有点不自在,因为我不知道该怎么说。
And at first, it was a little bit awkward for me because I was I don't know.
我就是觉得说出来有点怪怪的。
I just felt a little funny saying it.
但我现在越来越适应了。
But I'm I'm getting more comfortable.
人们更有信心了。
People more confident.
好的。
Okay.
工作嘛,我正在努力。
Work I'm working on it.
每天都在努力。
Working on it every day.
不。
No.
所以人们现在真的在说'厨师之吻'了,对吧?
So people are actually saying chef's kiss now, right?
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
对,他们确实这么说。
Yeah, they are.
通常还会配上手势,但也不一定非要这样。
And often it's accompanied with the gesture, but it doesn't have to be.
好的。
Okay.
没错。
Right.
或者我觉得应该有个对应的表情符号。
Or you might I think there's an emoji for that.
哦,有吗?
Oh, is there?
我想有的。
I think so.
我也这么想。
Think so.
哦,我不太懂所有表情符号,但我
Oh, I'm not up on all the emojis, but I
跟你打赌我
bet you I
必须得
have to
查一下。
check it.
我得查一下。
I have to check it.
不过,是的,有时候你会说出来。
But so, yeah, sometimes you say it.
有时候你会写在短信里。
Sometimes you write it in a text.
你会用表情符号。
You use an emoji.
有时候你直接做动作。
Sometimes you just do the motion.
所以你可能会听到这样的说法。
So but you might hear it like this.
哦天哪。
Oh my gosh.
本季最后一集简直是绝了。
The last episode of the season was chef's kiss.
没错。
Yes.
或者你这身装扮,绝了。
Or your outfit, chef's kiss.
对吧?
Right?
或者你一定要尝尝这道汤。
Or you have to try this soup.
相信我。
Trust me.
简直绝了。
It's chef's kiss.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且通常用于
And it's usually for
我觉得这个说法更多局限于艺术类事物,不一定是字面意义的艺术,比如烹饪、时尚这些。
I feel like this is more limited to artsy things like not literally art, but, you know, cooking, fashion.
类似的东西。
Like something.
对。
Yeah.
绘画,设计。
Painting, design.
它有点宽泛。
It is kind of wide.
某种程度上来说,我们可以把它用于艺术相关的事情。
What we can use it for is kind of like artistic things in a way.
是的。
Yeah.
这不会像是,你给我很好的建议说我应该
It wouldn't be like, you gave me great advice that I should
提前去机场。
go to the airport early.
不。
No.
哦,那真有趣。
Oh, that's so funny.
不是。
No.
不是那样的。
Not like that.
像是某种被创造出来的东西,我会这么说。
Like something that's kind of been created, I would say.
创造。
Creation.
是的,创作。
Yeah, creations.
回归创作。
Back to creation.
对。
Yeah.
所以,很多时候我们在某种停顿后会用到这个表达,对吧?
So, and a lot of times we use this after some sort of pause, right?
这就像是你先想好描述它的词,然后用这个来额外强调。
It's almost like you're thinking of the word to describe it, then you use this for extra emphasis.
因为它非常强调语气,你不会随便用在所有事情上。
Because it's very emphatic, and you don't really use it for everything.
所以再说一次,你会说比如,你的穿搭,完美至极。
So again, you would say like, your outfit, chef's kiss.
对吧?
Right?
这有点像为这个表达特意停顿一下。
It's it's kind of this like, pause for this expression.
当然。
Sure.
是的。
Yeah.
给它一点展示的舞台。
Giving it a little bit of a platform, a stage.
停顿能赋予话语分量,因为人们正等着听你接下来要说什么。
Pausing gives something a platform because people are waiting to hear what you're gonna say.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
对吧?
Right?
好的。
Alright.
好吧,我还有时间再讲一个,然后我们就做个角色扮演,结束这次对话,因为我们这边玩得太嗨了。
Well, I have time for one more, and then we're gonna do a role play and head off the mic because we're having too much fun over here.
我们玩得
We're having a
今天特别开心。
lot of fun today.
好的。
Okay.
另一个是件艺术品。
Another one is a work of art.
没错。
Yes.
林赛,你听人们把东西形容成
Lindsay, you hear people describing things as a
艺术品啊。
work of Yeah.
确实如此。
For sure.
在某些方面很吸引人或令人惊叹。
Something appealing or amazing in some ways.
比如说,天哪,这篇文章简直就是艺术品。
So for example, oh my gosh, this essay is a work of art.
你写得真美。
You write so beautifully.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
或者你的穿搭就是艺术品。
Or your outfit is a work of art.
能带我去购物吗?
Can you take me shopping?
所以嗯。
So Mhmm.
其实不一定是艺术品。
It doesn't actually have to be art.
但是,Lindsay,我觉得这和'厨师之吻'也有点类似。
But, Lindsay, I think also it goes along kind of with the chef's kiss.
是啊。
Yeah.
我不会说你给我的关于机场的建议是
It doesn't I wouldn't say that advice you gave me about the airport is a
编号的工作
work of No.
那会很奇怪
That would be weird.
这不是脑力活动
It's not cerebral.
这不是关于说话
It's not about talking.
这是关于创造些什么
It's about producing something.
某种程度上是
Sort of.
是啊
Yeah.
你去参加婚礼,有人布置了惊艳的餐桌摆设
You show up to a wedding and someone has amazing table arrangements set up.
太美了
It's so beautiful.
所有的餐巾和椅子
All the napkins and the chairs.
简直是艺术品
It's a work of art.
艺术品。
Work of art.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以这是另一个好作品。
So that's another good one.
不过确实,这些都真的很棒。
But yeah, all of these are really good.
它们都以各自的方式显得独特。
They're all like kind of unique in their own way.
我们要不要来个角色扮演?
Should we do a role play?
好啊,我们来角色扮演吧。
Yeah, let's do a role play.
这样,我刚参加完舞蹈演出,你是我朋友来看表演。
So here, I was just in a dance show and you are my friend and you came to see it.
来吧,琳赛。
Here we go, Lindsay.
跳起来。
Get dancing.
好的。
Okay.
你太棒了,琳赛。
You are incredible, Lindsay.
说真的。
Seriously.
你的独奏简直惊艳全场。
And your solo, you knocked it out of the park.
非常感谢。
Thank you so much.
嘿。
Hey.
看看你的新发型。
Look at your new haircut.
我超喜欢。
I love it.
谢谢。
Thanks.
我自己剪的。
I did it myself.
哇。
Wow.
你剪得完美极了,颜色也正合适。
You did it perfectly, and the color is spot on.
特别衬你的脸型。
Exactly right for your face.
哦,谢谢你。
Oh, thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你的妆容简直是艺术品。
Your makeup is a work of art.
多谢。
Thanks.
是我后台的朋友帮我化的。
My friend backstage did it.
她的作品总是完美无瑕。
Her work is always chef's kiss.
好的。
Okay.
哦,没错。
Oh, yeah.
这里有很多好东西啊,米歇尔。
So good stuff here, Michelle.
我们用了很多这样的表达。
We use a lot of the expressions.
我们首先该说什么?
What do we say first?
是啊。
Yeah.
所以用,我说过你棒极了。
So use, I said you were incredible.
说真的。
Seriously.
你的独舞部分简直惊艳全场。
And your solo, you knocked it out of the park.
嗯哼。
So Mhmm.
那可是件大事。
That's a for a big thing.
你有属于自己的高光舞蹈时刻。
You had your own special dance moment.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
完全同意。
Totally.
而且,这本身也算是个项目。
And, again, that's kind of a project.
这意义重大。
That's a big deal.
对吧?
Right?
你为此排练过,所以表现好是理所当然的。
You rehearsed for it, so it makes sense.
表现得非常出色。
Knocked it out of the park.
然后你说我说,哇。
And then you said I said, wow.
你的发型做得完美无缺,颜色也和你的脸型绝配。
You did your hair perfectly, and the color is spot on exactly right for your face.
所以它很完美。
So it's perfect.
好的。
Okay.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
然后我说,谢谢你。
And then I said, thank you.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
你的妆容简直是艺术品。
Your makeup is a work of art.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
然后我说,我后台的朋友帮我化的妆,我说她的作品总是堪称完美。
And then I said, her my friend backstage did my makeup, and I said her work is always chef's kiss.
我们在那里稍微停顿了一下,就像我说的,这会让人们听我们说话,等着听我们要说什么。
We take that little pause there, which, I guess, like I said, it makes people listen to us and wait to hear what we're gonna say.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
非常有趣。
Very interesting.
好了,各位。
Alright, guys.
如果还没听的话,快去听第二十五期第十一集。
If you haven't yet, head on over to episode twenty five eleven.
那期叫《工作量爆棚时如何用英语分配任务》。
That was Got a Boatload of Work, How to Share in English.
不错。
Nice.
米歇尔,今天有什么重点收获吗?
What's a takeaway today, Michelle?
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
我一时想不起来,这应该能排进前五的共鸣时刻。
I can't think of, like, is top five connection moment, I think.
就是用不同的方式描述某件事很完美或做得很好。
Just describing, you know, something as being perfect or really well done in different ways.
而不是总说'哦,那真是太棒了'。
So instead of just always saying, Oh, that was really great.
对吧?
Right?
现在我们有了不同的情境,可以用不同的方式去赞美他人或自我赞美。
Now we have different contexts, different ways we can kind of compliment people or compliment ourselves.
别忘了还有《烘焙接龙》这个节目。
And don't forget about Nailed It!
我们也讨论过那个话题。
We talked about that one as well.
是的。
Yeah.
重要的情感连接时刻。
Huge connection moment.
没错。
Yeah.
我觉得那些让我们感受到'活着本身就是一种快乐'的瞬间,就是真正的连接时刻,你懂吗?
I think the connection moments that we find are the ones where we it's like being alive is a joy, you know?
我们完成了了不起的事。
It's we've done something great.
我们想要认可自己或他人的这种成就。
We wanna acknowledge that in ourselves or in someone else.
如果能找到合适的表达方式,这确实是建立纽带、增进友谊、加强连接的绝佳途径。
This is a really cool way to build bonds, build friendship, build connection if we have the right words for it.
对吧?
Right?
如果我们有恰当的言辞,纽带就会更加牢固。
If we have the right words, the bond becomes stronger.
如果没有,就会变成一种中立的时刻,某种意义上我们错过了那个时刻。
If we don't, it just becomes kind of a neutral moment and we miss the moment in a sense.
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
Yeah.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yeah.
说得真好。
Really well said.
好了,各位。
Alright, guys.
非常感谢,也感谢听众提出的这个问题。
Thanks so much and thanks to our listener for that question.
真是个好问题。
Really great question.
祝大家今天愉快。
And everyone have a great day.
祝你有美好的一天。
Have a good day.
再见,米歇尔。
See you, Michelle.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《全耳英语》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
参加我们的两分钟测试。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluency-score。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接而非完美,现在就点击订阅,确保你不会错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。