本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这里是全神贯注学英语播客。
This is the All Ears English podcast.
那些令人尴尬却拉近距离的瞬间。
Mortifying moments that create connection.
欢迎收听下载量突破2亿次的全神贯注学英语播客。
Welcome to the All Ears English podcast downloaded more than 200,000,000 times.
你是否觉得英语学习陷入瓶颈?
Are you feeling stuck with your English?
我们将教你如何通过关注交流而非完美,变得自信流利。
We'll show you how to become fearless and fluent by focusing on connection, not perfection.
由美国主持人林赛·麦克马洪(英语冒险家)和米歇尔·卡普兰(纽约电台女孩)为您呈现,来自美国科罗拉多州和纽约市。
With your American hosts, Lindsey McMahon, the English adventurer, and Michelle Kaplan, the New York radio girl, coming to you from Colorado and New York City, USA.
想要在手机上获取实时字幕并创建个性化词汇表?快来下载全神贯注学英语iOS和安卓应用。
To get real time transcripts right on your phone and create your personalized vocabulary list, try the All Ears English app for iOS and Android.
立即开始7天免费试用,请访问allearsenglish.com/app。
Start your seven day free trial at allearsenglish.com/app.
你曾经感到尴尬过吗?
Have you ever been embarrassed?
当然有过。
Of course, you have.
这是人类共有的情感。
It's a universal human emotion.
今天林赛和米歇尔将分享她们最社死的瞬间,并教你如何通过分享自己的故事来建立深刻连接。
Today, Lindsay and Michelle shared their most cringeworthy moments, and you learn how to share your own for a great connection.
嘿,林赛。
Hey, Lindsay.
你好吗?
How are you?
非常好。
Really good.
周六快乐,米歇尔,在这个俏皮的周六。
Happy Saturday, Michelle, on a sassy Saturday.
周六。
Saturday.
俏皮周六快乐。
Happy sassy Saturday.
是啊。
Yeah.
米歇尔,最近或很久以前有没有发生过什么让你尴尬的事?
Michelle, has anything embarrassing embarrassing happened to you either recently or maybe in the distant past?
我相信肯定发生过尴尬的事
I'm sure something embarrassing has happened
在你身上。
to you.
哦,当然。
Oh, yeah.
那还用说。
Of course.
你知道,我一时想不起最近有什么特别近的事,但我最尴尬的时刻之一大概是在大学二年级。
You know, I can't think of a recent, like, very recent thing, but one of the most my most embarrassing moments was in, I guess, sophomore year of college.
好的。
Okay.
我当时想做简易版的通心粉和奶酪。
I was trying to make macaroni and cheese and the easy version.
我是说,这本来就很简单的版本,就是那种杯装速食通心粉。
I mean, it's easy anyway, but the version where it's just easy mac and they put it in the cup.
嗯,是啊。
Okay, yeah.
听起来很符合大学食物的特点。
Sounds like college food.
对。
Yeah.
没错,正是这样。
Yes, exactly.
没错。
Right.
你只要把它倒进杯子,加水然后放进微波炉加热就行。
You just put it in the cup and you put water and you put it the microwave, that's it.
我放进去后走开了一会儿,结果突然回来发现微波炉着火了。
And I put it in, I walked away for a while, and then all of a sudden I came back and the microwave was on fire.
天啊,是在宿舍里吗?
Oh no, in your dorm?
是啊。
Yeah.
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
对,在
Yeah, in
就像休息室那样。
like the lounge.
然后有烟冒出来。
Then there was smoke going through.
你知道吗?
You know?
不是你想的那样,我确实把火扑灭了,但烟雾还是四处弥漫。
It wasn't you know, it it I was able to get the fire out, but, like, the the smoke was going all around.
所以火警响了,消防部门不得不赶来。
And so the fire alarm went off, and so then the fire depart the fire department had to come.
所有人都得撤离宿舍之类的吗?
And everyone had to get out of the dorm and everything?
不知道为什么,我觉得不是所有人都需要撤离。
I don't I don't think everybody had to get out for some reason.
我想他们知道情况不严重,只是来检查一下。
I think they knew it was okay, but they were just coming to check.
我不记得了。
I don't remember.
但我记得,我不认为所有人都离开了,因为消防员经过时我就在那里
But I because I because I remember I don't think everybody left because I was there when the firemen were walking
穿过走廊
my through the halls.
天啊
Gosh.
那太糟糕了
That's so bad.
他们知道是你吗?
Did they know if it was you?
你有没有告诉他们是你?
Did you, like, tell them it was you?
还是你... 呃
Or did you Well,
我记得当时在走廊尽头的房间里,听到有人说有人不会做饭
I remember I was at the end of the hall in my room and I just heard them say, someone can't cook.
然后我记得我当时想,我会
And and I remember I was like, I can.
我会
I can.
像是... 哦不
Like Oh, no.
所以我朋友珍最后拿走了那盒简易通心粉,因为它在微波炉里已经烤焦了
And so then my friend, Jen, she ended up taking the easy mac because it was just like burnt to a crisp inside the microwave.
于是她拿走了它,还故意把它藏在不同的地方来捉弄我。
And so she took it and she would hide it in different places just to tease me.
我记得有一次,我拉开办公桌抽屉,拿起几份文件,它就那么静静地躺在下面。
I remember one time I was I pulled out my desk drawer and I picked up some papers and it was just sitting under there.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
她这是在骚扰你。
She was harassing you.
这真是
That's
是的。
so Yes.
这太糟糕了。
That's pretty bad.
我是说,消防队都来了。
I mean, the the fire department came.
这确实挺尴尬的。
That's pretty embarrassing.
是啊。
Yeah.
那确实很尴尬。
That is embarrassing.
所以今天我们要讨论的是表达'尴尬'的不同说法。
So today today we are going to talk about different ways to say something is embarrassing.
那么
So
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
是的。
Yes.
所以,伙计们,在我们开始之前先点击关注按钮,这样你就不会错过莫勒英语的任何内容了。
So, guys, hit the follow button before we get into it because you never wanna miss anything from Moller's English.
我们会做额外剧集。
We do bonus episodes.
让剧集主动找上你。
Let the episodes come to you.
不要错过我们的任何内容。
Don't miss anything from us.
我喜欢这个。
I love that.
我是说,当你感到尴尬时是什么感觉?
I mean, how does it feel when you get embarrassed?
对我来说,就像被刺了一下。
For me, it's like a sting.
有点刺痛。
It stings a little bit.
你懂吗?
You know?
对我个人而言,这种感觉确实会持续
And it does kinda linger for me personally for
一小段时间。
a little while.
我想说。
Gonna say.
是的。
Yes.
需要一段时间才能恢复过来。
It takes a while to recover from it.
没错。
Yes.
你的身体化学物质可能发生了某些变化,大概...
You it's there's probably something that come in happens with your body chemistry where Probably.
你知道,那种生理上的不适感需要时间才能消退。
You know, you just it just takes some time for that physical feeling to go away.
是啊。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
确实如此。
That's for sure.
然后你会回想起来。
And then you think back to it.
你知道的,就像,哦,我真不敢相信我做了那种事。
You know, like, oh, I can't believe I did that.
懂吗?
You know?
哦,没错。
Oh, yeah.
那是最糟糕的感觉。
That's the worst feeling.
我觉得今天的这期节目大家都能感同身受。
I think everyone's going to be able to relate to this episode today.
所以我很期待开始聊这个话题。
So I'm excited to get into this.
各位,在深入本期内容前,现在就点个关注吧。
Guys, before we get deeper into the episode, hit the follow button right now.
如果你还没关注《All Ors English》,可能会错过很多好东西,比如番外篇。
If you're not following All Ors English, it means you're probably missing good stuff like bonus episodes.
你可能还会错过周六的特别节目。
You might be missing the Saturday episodes.
所以确保你真的关注了节目,或者在YouTube收听的话要记得订阅。
So make sure you are actually following the show, or if you listen on YouTube, make sure you're subscribed.
明白了吗?
Alright?
没错。
That's right.
完美。
Perfect.
好的。
Alright.
那我们来聊聊世界上一些常见的尴尬事吧。
So let's talk about some kind of generic things that are embarrassing in the world.
琳赛,你有什么例子?
Lindsay, what's one?
穿得太正式或太随意。
Being overdressed or underdressed.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
这事以前就发生在我身上。
This has happened to me before.
太丢人了。
It was mortifying.
是的。
Yes.
我有次参加活动穿得太随便,我和我伴侣都穿得不够正式,结果我伴侣为此对我大发雷霆。
I was underdressed for an event, and my partner my partner and I were both underdressed, and and my partner got so angry at me.
真是太糟糕了。
It was so bad.
太可怕了,米歇尔。
It was horrible, Michelle.
太糟糕了。
Was horrible.
是什么活动?
What was the event?
是一场婚礼。
It was a wedding.
我太...我太尴尬了你会这么说。
I'm so I am so embarrassed you would say this.
所以我朋友Gee,我朋友Gee当时说,哦,是Race烧烤。
So my friend, Gee, my friend Gee was like, oh, is Race Barbeque.
哦,不。
Oh, No.
不会是Race烧烤吧。
Not Race Barbeque.
当时感觉,我也不知道。
It was like, I don't know.
大概五到七年前吧。
Maybe five like, seven years ago.
他当时说,哦,我们要,你知道的,我们要结婚了。
He was like, oh, we're having, you know, we're we're getting married.
我们要在后院办烧烤派对。
We're having a backyard barbecue.
非常随意的。
It's super casual.
就是,你知道的,没什么大不了的。
Like, you know, no big deal.
直接过来吧。
Just come.
我们会在后院。
We'll be in the backyard.
喝点啤酒。
Have some beers.
好的。
Okay.
一听说后院烧烤,我就觉得不错。
When I hear backyard barbecue, I think Yeah.
你知道的,很随意的那种。
You know, casual.
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
Yeah.
但是,当我们到场时,发现一半人穿着牛仔裤和我们差不多。
But, you know, so we pull up and, like, half the group is in jeans and like us.
另一半人却穿着华丽的礼服裙。
And half the group is in fancy dresses.
这
It
是哦
was Oh
天哪
my gosh.
太尴尬了
It was so embarrassing.
我是说,不是我们
I mean, we weren't the ones.
我是说,其他人
I mean, other people
肯定不止我们这样,因为我朋友描述得好像没什么大不了的
We weren't the only ones for sure because the way my friend portrayed it was like, oh, it's no big deal.
就是个后院烧烤
Just a backyard barbecue.
超级随意
Super casual.
对
Right.
我当时想,好吧
I was like, okay.
超级随意
Super casual.
但那是场婚礼
But it was a wedding.
所以我本该——我本应做出更好的判断。
So I should've I still should've had better judgment.
你知道吗?
You know?
这仍然是一场婚礼,婚礼啊。
It's still a wedding wedding.
我明白。
I understand.
是啊。
Yeah.
我——我现在——我的伴侣还在为那件事生我的气。
I'll I am I'm still in my partner's still angry at me about that.
我是说,当时我们就像,好吧。
I mean, it was we were like, okay.
我们能去商店吗?
Can we go to a store?
我们能去百货公司吗?
Can we go to a department store?
我们能去哪儿呢?
What can we go?
而且周围什么都没有。
And there was nothing around.
那简直是——简直是恐慌。
It was it was panic.
盖伊说了什么?
What did Guy say?
盖伊当时说,哦没什么大不了的,知道吧
Guy was like, Oh no big deal, know
我表达得不太清楚。
I wasn't very clear.
我说的是随便。
I said casual.
他明白发生了什么。
He understood what happened.
对对对。
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
太搞笑了。
That's so funny.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
看到了吗?
See?
就是这样。
There you go.
我们从他那儿挖出了个尴尬的故事。
We got an embarrassing story from him.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
还有一种是忘记别人的名字。
Another one is forgetting someone's name.
那会很尴尬,或者叫错别人的名字。
That can be embarrassing or calling someone the wrong name.
嗯。
Mhmm.
迟到走进坐满人的房间。
Showing up late to a room full of people.
可能所有人都在等你,也很尴尬。
Maybe everyone's been waiting for you, also embarrassing.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Yep.
对。
Yep.
或者有人把你的搞笑视频给别人看。
Or having someone show a funny video of you to people.
对吧?
Right?
说说我姐夫。
So my brother-in-law.
天啊。
God.
他总爱这样捉弄我。
So he has this thing with me to tease me.
我那次表演单口相声时,他好像还录了视频。
So when I did stand up comedy, I guess he there was I don't there was a video of it.
所以时不时地,就像开玩笑一样,当我们全家聚餐时,他会突然把视频投屏到电视上播放,我就只能喊‘别这样’。
And so every once in a while, just as a joke, we'll be, like, having dinner with the family, and all of a sudden, it'll just come on the TV because he'll share it with, you know, the TV, and he'll just and I'm like, no.
别放了。
Don't do.
他这是在折磨你啊。
He's torturing you.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且每次我都完全猝不及防,因为总是在最意想不到的时刻,一抬头就看到——哦天哪。
And it's always I I I never expecting it ever because it's just I mean, it's just the the most random moments, and then I'll look up and it's like, oh god.
不要啊。
No.
太好笑了。
It's so funny.
我超爱这桥段。
I love that.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
有时尴尬是他人造成的,有时则是自找的。
Sometimes it can be inflicted by others, and sometimes it's self inflicted embarrassment.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
或者可能是,你本该知道的事情却完全搞错了,特别是在你专业领域内,相比他人你本应知晓却犯了错。
Or it could be, you know, being completely wrong about something that you should know, maybe something in your expertise that you were wrong about and you should have known compared to other people.
还有别的吗,米歇尔?
What else, Michelle?
没错。
Right.
或者在某个年龄段,你可能会觉得父母很丢脸。
Or at a certain age, you might think your parents are embarrassing.
我不确定自己是否完全摆脱过这种感觉,尤其是青少年时期。
I don't know if I ever fully got over this feeling this way but especially as a teenager.
青春期时,父母的一切都让你觉得难堪。
Everything is embarrassing about your parents when you're a teenager.
是啊朋友们,我们偶尔都会遇到这些尴尬时刻。
Yeah guys, and we all just have these embarrassing moments sometimes.
让我们用'embarrassing'这个词造个句子。
So let's use the word embarrassing in a sentence.
实际上,这个词怎么拼写?
And actually, how do we spell this?
因为我觉得这是个常用词,'embarrassing'。
Because I I think this is a common word, embarrassing.
对。
Yeah.
有几个r?
How many r's?
有几个s?
How many s's?
我知道。
I know.
我发现自己写这个词时有时还得去谷歌查拼写。
And I find myself googling this sometimes when I'm writing the word.
所以朋友们,如果你们也拼不好这个词,并不孤单。
So, guys, if you struggle with spelling this word, you're not alone.
很多母语者也是这样。
A lot of native speakers do too.
但它有两个r,两个s。
But it has a double r, double s.
没错。
Yep.
双r,双s。
Double r, double s.
这里有几个例子。
So here's some examples.
最尴尬的是我爸打电话给老师抱怨我的成绩。
So it was so embarrassing when my dad called my teacher to complain about my grades.
我最尴尬的时刻是大学时半夜被锁在宿舍外,把所有人都吵醒了。
Or my most embarrassing moment was in college when I got locked out of my dorm in the middle of the night and woke everyone up.
太可怕了。
Horrible.
尼娜裙子撕破时我替她感到难过。
Or I felt so bad for Nina when her dress ripped.
真尴尬。
How embarrassing.
是啊,这种事情确实会让人尴尬。
Yeah, that kind of thing can be embarrassing.
或者鞋子上粘着卫生纸之类的。
Or if you have toilet paper on your shoe or something, that kind of thing.
还有牙缝里卡东西。
Or something in your teeth.
记得我们做过一整期关于这个的节目。
Think we did a whole episode about that once.
对吧?
Right?
我牙上是不是沾了东西?
About is there something in my teeth?
是啊。
Yeah.
确实。
For sure.
这是个万能词,我们经常用它来形容各种程度的尴尬。
So this is a versatile word, and we use it frequently for big or small embarrassment.
无论是严重到消防队冲进你宿舍,还是小到微不足道的事情,用'尴尬'这个词都适用。
So something as bad as the the fire department coming to your dorm, even down to like the tiniest little thing, it does work for the word embarrassing.
对吧?
Right?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
那么,我们该怎么说才能避免反复重复这个词呢?
So, but what can we say to avoid repeating this over and over?
我们会分享一些其他词汇,并讨论它们之间的细微差别。
We're gonna share some other words and we're gonna talk about any differences that we might notice.
第一个词你其实用过,就是描述你在婚礼上穿牛仔裤配礼服的情况。
The first one, you actually used it to talk about your situation with the dresses, with the jeans at the wedding.
对。
Yes.
这太丢人了。
It was mortifying.
丢人。
Mortifying.
说实话,我现在仍然感到非常羞愧。
And so I feel so still feel so ashamed, honestly.
我也为此感到羞愧。
I feel ashamed of it too.
但这样感觉更正式,就像你说的。
But this feels more formal, like you said.
如果你想强调的话可以用这个词,我想告诉你那简直尴尬至极。
It can be used if you want to add emphasis, I want to tell you it was extremely embarrassing.
所以我说'丢人'或者'我感到无地自容'。
So I say mortifying or I was mortified.
对吧?
Right?
所以
So
对我来说,公开演讲简直让人无地自容。
to me, public speaking is completely mortifying.
嗯。
Mhmm.
或者你可以说蜘蛛让人毛骨悚然。
Or you could say spiders are mortifying.
我觉得对我来说,'令人难堪'就像是'尴尬'和'可怕地尴尬'的结合体。
I I feel like I'm mortifying for me is like a combination of, like, embarrassing and and, like like, fearfully embarrassing.
确实。
True.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以可能蜘蛛就是...嗯。
So maybe spiders are just Yeah.
太吓人了。
Terrifying.
琳赛,你害怕蜘蛛吗?
Lindsay, are you afraid of spiders?
这要看是什么蜘蛛,不过确实怕。
Really depends on the kind of spider, but yeah.
我绝对不想看到一只狼蛛在我的枕头上爬来爬去。
I don't want to see a tarantula walking, crawling on my pillow or anything, for sure.
可以说对蜘蛛保持着一种健康的恐惧吧。
Have a healthy fear of spiders, let's say.
其实前几天我们在书展上——
Actually, other day, we were at this book festival and
我不知道,
I don't know,
那里也有儿童区,不知道为什么还有个昆虫展览,我完全不知道会有这个。
there were kids things there too and don't ask me why but there was a whole bug exhibit I didn't know it was going to be there.
我儿子和丹最后摸了一只狼蛛,我当时就
My son and Dan ended up touching a tarantula and I was like,
哇!
Woah!
真有胆量。
Gutsy.
是啊。
Yeah.
不是我的菜。
Not my thing.
也不是我的菜。
Not my thing either.
所以,可能
So, might
要说蜘蛛太可怕了。
say spiders are terrifying.
所以,我不确定
So, I'm not sure
如果说令人难堪但合适
if mortifying but fits
对,'mortifying'比'embarrassing'程度更重
yeah, mortifying is if you wanna go go heavier than embarrassing.
恐惧级别的尴尬
Fearfully embarrassing.
还算可以。
Fairly.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
接下来是'令人尴尬的'这个词,米歇尔。
Cringeworthy is our next one, Michelle.
这个要现代一些。
This one's a little more modern.
人们用这个词来描述某些事物。
People use this to describe something.
他们会说'尬'。
They say cringe.
'尬'。
Cringe.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Yeah.
所以,就是某种程度上的尴尬。
So, it's just embarrassing in some way.
会让你有这种感觉对吧?
It makes you feel right?
我想,这并不总是意味着尴尬。
It it doesn't all it doesn't always mean embarrassing, I guess.
它只是有点像...那种感觉。
It just means, like, kind
对。
of Right.
如果有人发表了政治不正确的言论,你可能会说'尬住了'。
If someone makes a politically incorrect comment, you might say cringe.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
你只是在观察他们说话,然后就会觉得'太尬了'。
You're just and you're just observing them speaking, and you're just like cringe.
对。
Yeah.
或者可以这样用,比如当我给你讲婚礼穿牛仔裤的糗事时,你可能会用'啊好尬'来附和我的尴尬。
Or this could be used as a way to like, if I was telling you my story about the wedding and the jeans, you might support my embarrassment by saying, oh, cringe.
啊,太尬了。
Oh, cringe.
听起来糟透了。
That sounds horrible.
你可能会这么说。
You might say something like that.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
没错。
Exactly.
那我们开始吧。
So here we go.
展开剩余字幕(还有 232 条)
我昨天见到他时,完全忘记了自己的名字。
I met him yesterday and I totally forgot my name.
真是尴尬得要命。
It was cringe worthy.
忘记了自己的名字。
Forgot your name.
哇,那可太糟糕了。
Woah, that's bad.
也许是个非常好看的人,而你在说,我是对的。
Maybe it was somebody really good looking and you're saying, I'm right.
蠢透了。
Stupidified.
我可以告诉你今年夏天我经历的几个尴尬时刻。
I've had a few cringe worthy moments I can tell you about from this summer.
好的。
Okay.
让我们看看是哪些。
Let's see what those are.
对吧?
Right?
如果说'尴尬'显得太普通,'令人脚趾抠地'就是现代流行说法。
So cringe worthy is a is a modern thing to say if we wanna use something different than embarrassing.
羞辱。
Humiliating.
也很棒。
Also great.
别忘了这个词,各位。
Don't forget about this one, guys.
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
Yeah.
是的。
Yep.
我在众目睽睽之下把食物全打翻在地上了。
I dropped my food all over the floor in front of everyone.
简直太丢人了。
It was completely humiliating.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
我相信每个当过服务员的人都有过这种经历。
And I'm sure everyone who's waited tables has had this experience.
对吧?
Right?
因为当服务员时,你得把所有盘子同时放在那个大托盘上。
Because when you wait tables, you have to put all the plates at the same time on that big tray.
我记得有次当服务员时,我托盘上放了八份牛排晚餐,全靠手指撑着——按规定不能用手掌托。
I remember once when I waited tables, I had, like, eight steak dinners on one tray just being held up by my fingers because you're not supposed to use your hand.
应该用手腕旋转的力道。
You're supposed to rotate your wrist.
米歇尔,你当过服务员吗?
Have you ever waited tables, Michelle?
呃,当过,不过我...对,我是女招待,但我们有专门的传菜...哦你们不用传菜
Mean, have, but I was not a yeah, I was a waitress, but I we had like separate bus Oh, you didn't busing
上菜。
the food.
饭菜上桌了吗?
Food to table?
没有。
No.
好吧。
Okay.
那不错。
That's nice.
是啊,那确实不错。
Yeah, that was nice.
我是说,那是个运动酒吧。
I mean, it was a sports bar.
不知道。
Don't know.
你知道吗?
You know?
好吧。
Okay.
但不知怎么的我们就有那个。
But for some reason we had that.
有意思。
Interesting.
好的。
Okay.
讲究。
Fancy.
太丢人了是个好例子。
So humiliating is a good one.
对吧?
Right?
还有什么,米歇尔?
What else, Michelle?
还有另一个我想介绍的是捂脸。
And then one other one I wanted to introduce is face palm.
琳赛,你听过这个吗?
Lindsay, do you ever hear this?
我
I
喜欢这个。
like this one.
是啊。
Yeah.
这个更多用于表情符号。
This is more for emojis.
对吧?
Right?
你可能会这么说,但它表达的就是'哦不'这种情绪,就是那种拍自己额头的动作。
You might say it, but it's just this idea of, Oh no, and it's where you smack your forehead.
天啊,我真不敢相信我做了那种事。
Like, Oh, I can't believe I did that.
伙计们,我们现在正在YouTube上演示这个。
We're demonstrating this on YouTube right now, guys.
是啊。
Yeah.
确保
Make sure
你用的其实是我最喜欢的表情符号。
you're going actually my favorite emoji.
我
I
这个很有趣。
It's fun one.
我超爱那个。
I love that one.
我甚至都没
I didn't even
知道那个。
know that one.
我得在我的...我不是个爱用表情符号的人...里找到它
I have to find it in my I'm not an emoji
我会把它发给
person I'll send it to
待会儿见。
to you later.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Yeah.
可能是你说错话、做错事或忘记什么,感到尴尬时,就会做出扶额的动作。
So maybe you said the wrong thing or you did the wrong thing or you forgot something, you're embarrassed physically, whatever it is, so you do a facepalm.
对吧?
Right?
比如,我又忘了她的号码。
Like, I forgot her number again.
扶额。
Facepalm.
所以你可以说出来。
So you could say it.
你其实可以说这句话。
You could actually say this.
你可以发短信表达。
You could text it.
没错。
Right.
总之,但为什么这对建立联系有好处呢,Lindsay?
So anyway, but why is this good for connection, Lindsay?
我是说,我认为尴尬是那些核心的、进化性的情绪之一,如果你仔细想想,它实际上是一种非常高级的情感,比如羞耻和尴尬,因为狗不会——我不认为它们会。
I mean, I think embarrassment is one of those core, like, evolutionary you know, it's actually kind of a very high level emotion if you think about it, like shame and embarrassment because dogs don't I don't think I don't think.
不过,虽然我的狗有时看起来会羞愧。
Well, although my dog looks ashamed sometimes.
它看起来羞愧。
He looks ashamed.
我不确定它看起来是否尴尬。
I'm not sure if he looks embarrassed.
这两者之间有些微妙的区别。
There's slight differences there.
但我觉得人类可能是唯一真正会感到尴尬的物种。
But I feel like humans are probably the only species that can truly be embarrassed.
有意思。
Interesting.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得
I think
你是对的。
you're right.
这是一种相当高级复杂的情感,但我们所有人在一生中都会多次感受到它。
It's kind of a high level sophisticated emotion, but we all humans feel it at some point in life multiple times.
对吧?
Right?
所以我们都会经历这种事。
So we all go through this.
所以如果我们能准确表达感受,那就是瞬间的共鸣,米歇尔。
So if we can articulate the feeling, that's instant connection, Michelle.
瞬间的共鸣。
Instant connection.
是啊。
Yeah.
是的,完全正确。
Yes, absolutely.
那我们来做角色扮演吧。
So let's do a role play.
假设我们是正在叙旧的朋友。
Here we are, friends, catching up.
好,我们开始。
Okay, here we go.
好的。
Alright.
琳赛,上周我遇到了最尴尬的事。
So Lindsay, the most embarrassing thing happened to me last week.
哎呀,米歇尔,发生什么了?
Uh-oh, Michelle, what happened?
我不小心说了我爱你
I accidentally said I love you
是对我老板说的,就在我们挂电话的时候。
to my boss when we were getting off the phone.
什么?
What?
我知道。
I know.
我以前对老师也这样干过,不过那是在小学的时候。
I used to do that to my teachers, but that was in elementary school.
这也太尴尬了。
That's so cringe worthy.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
是的。
Yes.
真是让人捂脸的瞬间。
It was a real facepalm moment.
太丢人了。
It was mortifying.
她怎么说的?
What did she say?
她笑了,但气氛超级尴尬。
She laughed, but it was super awkward.
哦,天哪。
Oh, dear.
是啊。
Yeah.
这种情况会发生,可能是因为你心不在焉,只顾着和伴侣说话。
That kind of thing can happen because maybe you're thinking you're not being present mentally and you think just talking to partner.
而面对家人时,你可能会直接说'我爱你'之类的话。
And with your family, you might be just like, oh, I love you.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Yeah.
你的家人或伴侣之类的。
Your family or your partner or something.
确实如此。
For sure.
这是有可能的。
It can happen.
我相信肯定发生过。
I'm sure it has.
是的。
Yeah.
对我们听众来说也是这样。
To our listeners.
对。
Right.
这就像你有没有把老师叫成妈妈?
It's also like did you ever call a teacher mom?
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
这是另一个相当常见的现象。
That's another thing that is pretty common.
是的。
Yep.
你就是会这样 嗯。
You just Yeah.
有意思。
Interesting.
是的。
Yeah.
我很喜欢。
I love it.
我很喜欢。
I love it.
那么,好吧。
So, alright.
我们来回顾一下这里用到的内容。
Let's go through what we used here.
你说过,林赛,上周我遇到了最尴尬的事。
So you said, so Lindsay, the most embarrassing thing happened to me last week.
你开启对话的方式很特别。
And it's unique here how you're starting the conversation.
你没有直接切入主题。
You're not just right away going into it.
你在等我问发生了什么。
You're waiting to see for me to ask what happened.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yep.
所以我喜欢那个技能。
So I like that skill.
嗯。
Mhmm.
对。
Yep.
然后我...你是在评论发生在我身上的事。
And then I you so you're commenting on what happened to me.
你说过,我以前也对老师那样做过,但那是在小学的时候。
You said, I used to do that to my teachers, but that was in elementary school.
太尴尬了。
That's so cringe worthy.
哦,那个例子很棒。
Oh, that's a great one.
那是现代版的。
That's the modern one.
然后你说了句'没错'。
And then you said, yes.
那真是让人捂脸的尴尬时刻。
It was a real face palm moment.
而在这里我们稍微不同地用它作为形容词来描述那个时刻。
And here we're using it a little bit differently as an adjective describing the moment.
对。
Right.
我也喜欢那个。
I like that too.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yep.
而你和我说过这太丢人了。
And you and I said it was mortifying.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我很喜欢。
I love it.
所以你是在再次强调那有多尴尬。
And so you're reemphasizing how embarrassing it was.
这样做没问题。
And that's okay to do that.
你再次强调了。
You you emphasize again.
是啊。
Yeah.
这简直太丢人了。
It was completely mortifying.
对吧?
Right?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
我只是想指出关于'尴尬'这个词的一些事。
And I just want to point out something about the word cringe.
所以从生理上来说'尴尬'是什么感觉?
So like what does it mean physically to cringe?
就像是,呃...
It's like, ugh.
大家一定要在YouTube上看啊。
Guys you have to be watching on YouTube.
今天是YouTube日。
Today is a YouTube day.
是的,
Yes,
扶额尴尬之类的各种反应 对 就是那种'噢 噢'的瞬间
face palms and cringes and all sorts Yeah, of it's that moment of Oh, oh.
没错。
Yeah.
我觉得因为人类有镜像神经元,当我看到有人受伤时,比如在电视上被攻击或出现伤口,我都能感同身受。
I think even when because we have the mirror neurons as human beings, I feel like when I see someone getting hurt, like getting attacked or something on TV, or like there's an injury, I feel that.
我觉得自己畏缩了。
I feel like I cringe.
你不觉得吗?
Don't you think?
就像,你的身体散发出一点疼痛的冲击。
Like, you have Your physical body radiates a little strike of pain.
我也是,而且我们人类有那些镜像神经元。
Mine does at And we have those mirror neurons as humans.
我们实际上能体验到他人的感受。
We can actually experience what someone else is experiencing.
这太疯狂了。
It's so crazy.
是啊,这很不可思议。
Yeah, that is wild.
所以这有点让人畏缩,不是吗?
So that's kind of cringing a little bit, isn't it?
用这个词形容合适吗?
That be the word for that?
对。
Yeah.
所以朋友们,如果还没订阅的话,快去关注《全神贯注学英语》。
So, guys, if you haven't already, out All Ears English.
这期节目讲的是:短语动词会让你恼火吗?
This episode is do phrasal verbs wind you up?
这一期节目非常棒。
Very good episode there.
很棒的一期。
Good one.
那又是一个精彩的星期六,快去看看吧。
That was another sassy Saturday, so go check that out.
而且,我认为这里的启示非常明显。
And, I mean, I think the takeaway here is very clear.
这是非常人性化的情感。
This is such a human emotion.
它跨越所有文化、所有语言、世界各地。
It runs across all cultures, all languages, all parts of the world.
所以如果你能投入学习如何谈论尴尬时刻、回应他人的尴尬时刻,你就能建立这种联系。
So if you can invest in learning how to talk about embarrassing moments, respond to someone else's embarrassing moments, you'll get that connection.
对吧?
Right?
完全正确。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yes.
好的。
Alright.
林赛,这很有趣。
Lindsey, this was fun.
是啊。
And Yeah.
天啊。
Oh god.
我还是对我的故事感到尴尬。
I'm still so embarrassed about my story.
我现在很尴尬,因为我在播客上分享了那个故事。
I'm embarrassed now that I shared that story on the podcast.
哦,我分享了我的通心粉和奶酪。
Oh, I shared about my mac and cheese.
那很有趣。
That's fun.
正是这些让我们成为人类。
These are it makes us human.
是的。
Yeah.
但你很好。
But you're good.
没错。
Yeah.
好吧。
Alright.
做得好,米歇尔。
Good stuff, Michelle.
我们很快会再聊。
I'll talk to you very soon.
祝你今天愉快。
You have a good day.
好的。
Alright.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《全耳英语》。
Thanks for listening to All Ears English.
你想知道自己的英语水平吗?
Would you like to know your English level?
参加我们的两分钟测试。
Take our two minute quiz.
访问 allearsenglish.com/fluencyscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash fluency score.
如果你相信连接而非完美,现在就点击订阅确保不错过任何内容。
And if you believe in connection not perfection, then hit subscribe now to make sure you don't miss anything.
下次见。
See you next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。