本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
您正在收听的是商务英语播客,专为忙碌职场人士打造的商务英语节目。
You're listening to Business English Pod, the business English podcast for professionals on the move.
大家好,欢迎回到商务英语播客,今天我们将学习如何结束会议。
Hello, and welcome back to Business English Pod for today's lesson on finishing a meeting.
我们将学习如何总结行动要点并结束会议。
We'll learn how to summarize action points and wrap up the meeting.
开始之前,温馨提示:本课程及数百节其他课程的PDF文本可在BEP网站上获取。
Before we get started, a quick reminder that a PDF transcript for this lesson, along with hundreds of others, is available on the BEP website.
高级会员还可获取每节课的额外资源。
Premium members can also access extra resources for every lesson.
要申请免费试用,请访问www.businessenglishpod.com。
To take a free trial, just head over to www.businessenglishpod.com.
组织得当的会议高效实用,而组织不善的会议会让所有人觉得时间被浪费。
A well run meeting can be productive and useful, but a poorly run meeting can leave everyone feeling like their time has been wasted.
好会议与差会议的一大区别就在于它们的结束方式。
And one of the big differences between good and bad meetings is how they end.
一场好的会议不会逐渐失去活力。
A good meeting doesn't slowly run out of energy.
相反,它会有一个明确的结尾,与会者离开时会带着强烈的目标感和清晰的行动方向。
Instead, there's a clear ending to it, and people come out of the meeting with a strong sense of purpose and a clear idea of what they need to do.
若缺乏目标感,人们可能会觉得会议只是进行了大量讨论,却毫无实质成果。
Without a sense of purpose, people might feel like the meeting generated a lot of discussion, but nothing more.
给会议一个有力的收尾其实并不难。
Giving a strong finish to a meeting isn't actually that hard to do.
首先,你需要明确表示会议即将结束。
First off, you need to be clear that the meeting is about to end.
这能让大家有机会整理思路。
That gives people a chance to collect their thoughts.
接着,你可以总结行动要点并分配任务。
Next, you can summarize the action points and assign tasks.
你可能还需要强调这些任务的重要性以提供额外动力。
You may also want to emphasize how important they are to give some extra motivation.
然后你可以用一些结束语来总结会议。
Then you can wrap up the meeting with some closing thoughts.
在今天的对话中,我们将参加一家银行的会议。
In today's dialogue, we'll join a meeting at a bank.
团队一直在讨论最近的一些问题和未来计划。
The team has been discussing some recent issues and future plans.
你将听到丽莎为与詹姆斯、布莱恩、查尔斯和塞西莉亚的会议做了强有力的收尾。
You will hear Lisa provide a strong finish to the meeting with James, Brian, Charles, and Cecilia.
当你听对话时,试着回答以下问题。
As you listen to the dialogue, try to answer the following questions.
第一,丽莎在陈述行动事项前向团队提出了什么问题?
One, what question does Lisa ask the group before stating the action items?
第二,丽莎强调了詹姆斯计划行动的哪些方面?
Two, what does Lisa emphasize about James' planned action?
第三,丽莎说了什么来正式结束会议?
Three, what does Lisa say to officially end the meeting?
好的。
Alright.
我想我们今天要讨论的内容基本都涵盖了。
I think that just about covers everything we wanted to get to today.
还有其他事项吗?
Is there any other business?
没有了。
No.
没有吗?
No?
好的。
Alright.
我们快速过一下行动要点来收尾吧。
Let's just go through the action points to finish off.
有个小问题。
Quick question.
我们下一轮会议具体是什么时候?
When exactly is our next round of meetings going to be?
让我们看看情况如何。
Let's see how things go.
我预计下月中旬我们就能准备好查看结果了。
I expect we'll be ready to look at the results by the middle of next month.
谢谢。
Thanks.
没问题。
Sure.
好的。
Okay.
布莱恩,你的团队需要对我们的新型循环信贷产品进行风险分析,并在下周五前给我发一份报告。
Brian, your team is going to conduct a risk analysis of our new revolving credit products and send me a report by next Friday.
好的。
Yep.
很好。
Great.
塞西莉亚和查尔斯,你们下周将与Telos会面讨论合作可能性。
Cecilia and Charles, you're meeting with Telos next week to discuss the possibilities for cooperation.
对。
Right.
然后你们要根据会议内容撰写一份提案。
And you'll be writing a proposal based on that meeting.
我会把文件发给你征求意见。
I'm giving it to you for your comments.
好的。
Good.
最后,詹姆斯,你的团队要调查不良短期贷款的问题。
Finally, James, your team is going to look into the issue of non performing short term loans.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
我们必须彻底查清这件事,这极其重要。
It's extremely important that we get to the bottom of this.
我明白。
I understand.
好的。
Good.
嗯,我想差不多就到这里吧。
Well, I think that just about wraps it up.
还有最后的问题吗?
Any final questions?
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
太好了。
Great.
今天就到这里。
That's all for today.
大家都去忙吧。
Everyone get busy.
我们拥有最棒的团队。
We've got the best team.
现在让我们再回顾一遍对话,看看丽莎用了哪些语言和技巧来结束会议。
Now let's go through the dialogue again and look at the language and techniques Lisa used to end the meeting.
好的。
Alright.
我想我们今天要讨论的内容基本都涵盖了。
I think that just about covers everything we wanted to get to today.
还有其他事项吗?
Is there any other business?
没有。
No.
没有吗?
No?
好的。
Alright.
我们最后再过一遍行动要点吧。
Let's just go through the action points to finish off.
丽莎正在让大家知道会议即将结束。
Lisa is letting people know that the meeting is about to end.
这给了大家在真正结束前提及其他事务或问题的机会。
This gives people a chance to mention any other business or other issues before they actually finish.
这有助于避免人们觉得会议不完整,或没机会提出他们想讨论的事情。
This will help prevent people from feeling the meeting was incomplete or they didn't get a chance to bring up things they wanted to talk about.
你会注意到,当丽莎他们已经讨论完所有想谈的内容时,就会发出结束信号。
You'll notice that Lisa signals the end when they've covered or talked about everything they wanted to.
有时会议会超时,有时议程完成后就可以结束会议。
Sometimes a meeting runs out of time, and sometimes you can end a meeting when you finish the agenda.
人们总是喜欢会议提前结束。
People always love it when a meeting finishes early.
让我们尝试更多方式来示意会议结束。
Let's try some more ways to signal the end of a meeting.
要不我们今天就到这里?
How about we hold it there for now?
结束前还有什么问题吗?
Any questions before we wrap up?
都是好建议,但我们得就此打住了。
All good points, but we'll have to end it here.
时间不多了,我们来看看行动要点吧。
We're getting short on time, so let's look at some action points.
好的。
Okay.
我想我们今天要讨论的内容就这些了。
I think that's about everything we wanted to get through today.
那么在丽莎总结行动要点之前,大家还有其他事项吗?
So does anyone have any other business before Lisa summarizes the action points?
我们听听看。
Let's listen.
快速问一下。
Quick question.
我们下一轮会议具体什么时候召开?
When exactly is our next round of meetings going to be?
我们看情况吧。
Let's see how things go.
预计下月中旬我们就能查看结果了。
I expect we'll be ready to look at the results by the middle of next month.
谢谢。
Thanks.
好的。
Sure.
明白。
Okay.
布莱恩,你的团队需要对新循环信贷产品进行风险分析,并在下周五前提交报告给我。
Brian, your team is going to conduct a risk analysis of our new revolving credit products and send me a report by next Friday.
如你所闻,詹姆斯有个简短问题,丽莎处理得清晰迅速。
As you can hear, James has one quick question, which Lisa deals with clearly and quickly.
没有冗长讨论,只是简单说明她预计何时准备好进行下一轮或系列会议。
There's no long discussion, just a simple statement about when she expects to be ready for the next round or series of meetings.
处理完问题后,丽莎可以继续讨论行动要点。
After dealing with a question, Lisa can go on to talk about action points.
行动要点基本上是会后人们必须完成的事项。
Action points are basically the things that people have to do after the meeting.
丽莎清晰直接地陈述了布莱恩的行动要点。
Lisa states Brian's action point clearly and directly.
他的工作是分析他们某款金融产品的风险并撰写报告。
His job is to analyze risks in one of their financial products and write a report.
清晰直接地陈述行动要点是帮助人们以目标感结束会议的好方法。
Stating action points clearly and directly is a great way to help people end with a sense of purpose.
让我们再来看几种实现这一点的方式。
Let's run through some more ways of doing this.
弗兰克,你将负责跟进那笔订单并向我汇报。
Frank, you're going to follow-up on that order and report back to me.
好的。
Okay.
那么,桑德拉,你下周要和财务部门讨论这件事。
So, Sandra, you're going to talk to finance about this next week.
明白。
Alright.
我们的下一步是复查文件,找出更多错误。
Our next step will be to review the document for any more errors.
那么,你先和安妮谈谈,然后再向我汇报。
So, you're going to talk to Anne first, and then get back to me.
正如我们听到的,丽莎为团队提出了更多行动要点。
As we can hear, Lisa has some more action points for the group.
我们听听看。
Let's listen.
好的。
Yep.
太好了。
Great.
塞西莉亚和查尔斯,你们下周将与Telos会面,讨论合作的可能性。
Cecilia and Charles, you're meeting with Telos next week to discuss the possibilities for cooperation.
对。
Right.
然后你们要根据那次会议写一份提案。
And you'll be writing a proposal based on that meeting.
我把这个交给你征求你的意见。
I'm giving it to you for your comments.
很好。
Good.
最后,詹姆斯,你的团队要调查不良短期贷款的问题。
Finally, James, your team is going to look into the issue of non performing short term loans.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
我们必须彻底查清这件事,这极其重要。
It's extremely important that we get to the bottom of this.
会议的危险在于人们用它来逃避工作。
The danger with meetings is that people use them to avoid doing work.
但对这个团队来说,会议显然是为了做决策和商定新的工作任务。
But it's clear for this team that meetings are about making decisions and agreeing on new work activities.
丽莎已经说明了行动要点,但她想更进一步强调这些要点的重要性。
Lisa has stated the action points, but she wants to go one step further and emphasize how important they are.
这就是为什么她说必须彻底解决贷款问题。
That's why she says it's extremely important to get to the bottom of the loans issue.
作为经理或团队领导,这种强调有助于确保责任落实。
As a manager or team leader, this kind of emphasis can help ensure accountability.
基本上,你需要确保人们说到做到。
Basically, you need to make sure people do what they'll say they'll do.
还有哪些方法可以强调行动要点以增强责任感?
What are some other ways of emphasizing action points to enhance accountability?
我们来练习更多例子。
Let's practice some more examples.
我再怎么强调这件事的重要性都不为过。
I can't stress enough how important this is.
解决这个问题至关重要。
It's critical that we solve this problem.
这些事情真的需要在下次会议前完成。
These things really need to get done before the next meeting.
我们所有人都必须跟进这件事,这至关重要。
It's of the utmost importance we all follow through on this.
好的。
Alright.
最后让我们听听丽莎如何结束会议。
Let's finish off by hearing how Lisa finally ends the meeting.
我明白了。
I understand.
很好。
Good.
嗯,我想差不多可以结束了。
Well, I think that just about wraps it up.
还有最后的问题吗?
Any final questions?
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
很好。
Great.
今天就到这里。
That's all for today.
大家都去忙吧。
Everyone get busy.
我们拥有最棒的团队。
We've got the best team.
如果某事'wraps up',就意味着它即将结束。
If something wraps up, it comes to an end.
丽莎正在通过最后一次询问是否有问题来结束会议,然后明确表示会议已经结束。
Lisa is wrapping this meeting up by asking one last time if there are any questions, then stating clearly that they're finished.
询问是否有最终问题是个好主意,因为你需要确保每个人都清楚已决定的事项和后续行动。
Asking if there are any final questions is a good idea because you want everyone to be clear about what has been decided and what they will do.
见无人提问,丽莎简单说道:今天就到这里。
Hearing no questions, Lisa says simply, that's all for today.
如果你确信每个人都清楚行动要点且没有问题,那么这样简单的陈述就足够了。
If you're confident that everyone is clear about action points and there are no questions, then a simple statement like this is enough.
让我们尝试其他方式来结束会议。
Let's try some other ways to call a meeting to a close.
各位,今天就到这里。
That's it for today, folks.
谢谢大家。
Thanks, everyone.
我想讨论的内容基本都涵盖了。
I think that about covers it.
会议到此结束。
That's a wrap.
感谢大家的参与。
Thanks for coming, everyone.
好的。
Okay.
我们今天到此结束。
We'll end it here for today.
大家开始忙起来吧。
Let's get busy.
正如我们所听到的,丽莎是一位非常熟练的协调者,这些技巧使她能够为会议做出非常有力的收尾。
As we heard, Lisa is a very skilled facilitator, and these skills allow her to make a very strong finish to the meeting.
她表达清晰直接,为评论和问题留出空间,并提醒每个人会后需要做什么。
She has been clear and direct, made space for comments and questions, and reminded everyone of what they need to do following the meeting.
现在我们来练习今天课程中学到的一些表达。
Now let's practice some of the language we learned in today's lesson.
假设你正在主持团队会议。
Imagine you are leading a team meeting.
在会议结束时,你要通过明确行动要点并宣布结束来圆满收尾。
At the end of the meeting, you want to finish strong by stating action points and calling it to a close.
你会听到其中一位团队成员的提示。
You'll hear a cue from one of the team members.
然后我会给你一个建议,告诉你该如何回应。
Then I'll give you a suggestion for what you can say in response.
我们将引导你完成练习的每个步骤,并为每个回答提供示例。
We'll guide you through each step in the practice and provide an example answer for each response.
准备好了吗?
Ready?
让我们开始吧。
Let's give it a go.
好的,关于这点我要说的就这些。
Well, that's all I wanted to say on that.
首先通过建议到此为止并查看行动要点来示意会议结束。
Start by signaling the end of the meeting by suggesting holding it there and looking at action points.
回答。
Answer.
很好。
Great.
那我们到此为止,看看行动要点吧。
So let's hold it there and look at action points.
好的。
Okay.
并记录下我将审查预算。
And noted here that I'm going to review the budget.
确认并说明凯莉下周将与市场部沟通。
Acknowledge and state that Kelly is going to talk to marketing next week.
回答。
Answer.
是的。
Yes.
凯莉下周会与市场部沟通。
And Kelly is going to talk to marketing next week.
太好了。
Super.
还有,凯莉,完成后能告诉我一声吗?
And, Kelly, can you just let me know once you've done that?
现在要强调,每个人都必须跟进此事,这很关键。
Now emphasize that it's critical that everyone follows through on this.
回答。
Answer.
好的。
Right.
我想再次强调,我们跟进此事非常关键。
And I just want to emphasize how critical it is that we follow through on this.
明白了。
Got it.
我迫切希望彻底解决这个问题。
I'm keen to get this whole issue behind us.
现在总结一下,今天的议题就到这里,感谢大家的参与。
Now wrap up by saying that covers it for today, and thank people for coming.
回答。
Answer.
好的。
Okay.
那么今天的议题就到这里。
So that covers it for today.
谢谢大家的参与。
Thanks for coming, everyone.
我们已经完成了关于如何结束会议的课程。
We've reached the end of this lesson on how to finish a meeting.
我们讨论了如何发出会议结束信号并明确行动要点。
We've looked at signaling the end of the meeting and stating action points.
我们还讲解了如何强调行动要点的重要性并宣布会议结束。
We've also covered how to emphasize the importance of actions and call the meeting to a close.
如需更多练习,高级会员可访问BEP网站获取本课程及其他课程的在线测验和PDF文本。
For more practice, premium members can access the online quizzes and PDF transcripts for this and other lessons on the BEP website.
还不是会员?
Not a member yet?
请访问www.businessenglishpod.com注册免费试用,预览会员专享的额外学习资源。
Then head over to www.businessenglishpod.com and sign up for a free trial to preview some of the extra resources available to members.
感谢收听,我们下次再见。
Thanks for listening, and see you again soon.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。