本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好,老爸帮的成员们。
Hello, daddy gang.
欢迎回到又一个温馨的周日老爸时间。
Welcome back to another cozy, cozy Sunday session with your father.
希望你们都在享受一个美好的周日,放松身心,或许还处理了些事情。
I hope you guys are all having a lovely Sunday, relaxing, maybe getting ahead on some stuff.
如果没有,也别担心。
If not, no worries.
你们只是和我一起消磨时间。
You're just hanging out with me.
好了,我直接进入正题,因为事情是这样的。
And yeah, I'm just going to jump right into it because here's the thing.
我们正进入一年中本应充满魔力的时节。
We are heading into the time of year where everything is supposed to be magical.
天啊,假期就要来了,你们肯定超级兴奋吧。
Oh my God, the holidays, you guys literally so excited.
等不及了对吗?
Can't wait, right?
天哪天哪,一定会超级棒的。
Oh my God, oh my God, it's going be amazing.
感恩节就要到了,紧接着是光明节、圣诞节和新年。
We have Thanksgiving coming up and then right around the corner is Hanukkah and then Christmas and then New Year's.
这本该是一年中最美好的时光。
It is supposed to be the best time of the year.
重点在于'本该是',所以我每年假期季都会做一期公益提醒节目。
Emphasis on the supposed to be, which is why I kind of like to do a yearly PSA episode around the holiday season.
如果你关注我多年,会发现我常做这类内容,因为我觉得这不仅对你们非常非常有帮助,对我自己也一样。
If you have been with me for many years, I kind of do this often because I think it can be very, very not only helpful for you, but also for me.
这完全可以成为一集完整的内容,我只是在为自己做这些,与自己和家人对话。
This could also just be like a full episode where I'm just really doing this for myself and talking to myself and my family members.
但希望这能引起你的共鸣。
But hopefully this is relatable to you.
我认为在每年的这个时候做一点现实检查很重要,因为我们距离那些既美好又混乱的日子只有几周了。
I think it's important to do a little reality check around this time of year because we are kind of weeks out from all of the amazing, sometimes chaos beginning.
我觉得我们已经可以想象出假期会是什么样子。
And I feel like we can picture what our holiday is going to look like.
我们很容易就会满怀期待。
And we can easily get our hopes up.
我们以为会像贺曼电影那样,全家穿着配套睡衣——虽然对某些人来说可能是噩梦,但有些人就喜欢这样——丰盛大餐、礼物、家庭时光、壁炉边的欢笑、热可可、唱诗班。
We think it's going to be like the Hallmark movies, we're going to have matching pajamas with our family, although that may be a nightmare to some people, some people would like that, you know, big meals, presents, family time, laughter around the fireplace, hot cocoa, carolers.
你会觉得,这就是我一年到头都在等待的时刻。
Like it's, you're like, okay, this is the time of year that I've been literally waiting for.
这就是我的Pinterest愿景板。
Like, this is my Pinterest board.
就是现在了,Alex,我简直兴奋到极点。
Like, this is it, Alex, like I couldn't be more excited.
然后当我们真正迎来那个在脑海中反复构想的时刻时,却会想:等等,为什么我隐隐感到失望和失落?
And then we get to the moment that we've built up in our head and we're like, wait, why do I feel like low key kind of disappointed and like a little let down?
这完全不是我当初想象的样子。
Like, this is literally not what I was envisioning.
因为事实上,这段时间可能让人非常迷茫,也可能令人失望。
It's because the truth is, is that this time of year can be so disorienting and it can be a letdown.
理论上,这应该是最欢乐的节日季。
On paper, it's supposed to be the most joyful holiday season.
但对很多人来说,这却是一年中最艰难的时期之一。
But for a lot of us, it can be one of the hardest times of the year.
我向你保证,有这种感受的不止你一个人。
And I promise you're not alone in feeling that way.
我还想确保大家都知道,我说的并非什么革命性言论,但我要让那些在每年这个时候感到有点他妈悲伤和抑郁的大多数人明白——你并不孤单。
I also wanna make sure everyone knows, I don't think that I'm saying anything revolutionary, but I'm making sure that for the majority of people who are a little bit fucking sad and depressed during this time of year, you're not alone.
如果你来自一个完美家庭,并且心想'你到底在说什么鬼话',
If you are someone who has a perfect family and you're like, what are you literally talking about?
我在节假日期间确实拥有像画册般完美的生活。
I do have the picture perfect life around the holidays.
那这段话可能不适合你。
This may not be for you.
现在我牙缝里卡了颗该死的籽儿,房间里还没人帮我看看。
I have a fucking seed stuck in my tooth and no one's in the room with me.
所以如果我牙缝里真有玉米粒——不其实没有,你们就当没看见吧。
So like, if there's a kernel in my tooth, no, it's not and just pretend that you never saw that.
我们就假装无事发生。
Let's just pretend.
想象我录完整期节目后,才发现牙缝里塞满了黑色残渣。
Imagine I get through the whole fucking episode and I have a bunch of black shit in my teeth.
好吧,总之你可能不属于这种情况,那完全没关系。
Okay, but yeah, you may be someone that this doesn't apply to and that's completely fine.
无论如何,对于我们这些在节日期间时常挣扎的人来说,请记住——就像个温馨提醒——所有广告、每首圣诞歌、每部暖心电影,都在刻意营造节日就该纯粹亢奋、一切都会神奇完美的假象。
Anyways, for the other side of us that have struggled sometimes during the holidays, I want you to keep in mind, and this is just like a cozy reminder, every single advertisement, every Christmas song, every cozy movie, it is all designed to make you feel like the holidays are a time of just pure excitement and that everything is going to be magical and perfect.
但相信我,大多数人的节日根本不是那样。
But trust me, most people's holidays do not look like that.
如果你此刻正坐着想'为什么我家不能像别人家那样',
If you're the person sitting here being like, why can't my family be like the rest?
宝贝,其实你才是大多数。
Babe, you're actually the norm.
好吧,其实在这种情况中你并非异类。
Okay, you're actually not the outlier in this situation.
你百分之百属于大多数,因为节假日会带来巨大的经济压力。
You are 100% the majority because the holidays can bring a lot of financial stress.
它会带来孤独感。
It can bring loneliness.
它会引发悲伤或放大悲伤,对吧?
It can bring grief or highlight grief, right?
无论你是思念某人,还是感到被冷落,亦或是更普遍的情况——比如工作已经让你精疲力竭,你还在努力坚持,结果又赶上节假日,简直就像'天啊,我感觉自己要窒息了'。
Whether you're missing someone, maybe you're feeling left out, or also just the more common one, like you are so stretched thin with work and you're trying to keep up and then it's the holidays and it's like, oh my God, I feel like I am underwater.
你可能要应付家庭关系、旅行计划、工作截止日期,诸如此类的事情,对吧?
You could be dealing with family dynamics, travel plans, work deadlines, the list goes on, right?
而奇怪的是,经历了所有这些混乱后,我们居然还被期待感到放松和快乐。
And somehow we are still expected to feel rested and joyful after all of the chaos.
我只是想提醒大家,没有人拥有完美的家庭,无论他们表现得多么美好。
I just want to remind everyone, no one has a perfect family, no matter how good they may make it look.
家家都有本难念的经。
Everyone has something.
也许你的家庭是那种喧闹混乱的,也许是冷漠疏离的,又或许你的家庭正面临成瘾问题。
Maybe your family is the loud and chaotic family, maybe they are cold and disconnected, maybe there is addiction going on in your household.
就像你家里发生的所有事情,在节日期间都会被无限放大。
Like everything going on in your family just gets extremely elevated during the holiday season.
从满心期待能休几天假放松一下,到发现现实完全相反,这种落差可能让人非常非常难受。
And it can be so, so hard to go from building this up in your head of how excited you are to have a few days off of work and you think you're going to get to relax.
结果晚餐还没他妈开始,你叔叔就说了些冒犯人的话。
And then your uncle says something offensive before dinner even fucking starts.
你只能想:'哦,好吧,好吧。'
You're like, oh, cool, cool.
好吧,这对我可太棒了。
Okay, love that for me.
真他妈该死。
God fucking damn it.
你连一秒钟喘息的机会都没有。
Like you haven't even been able to catch a break for a second.
然后所有破事就一股脑砸过来了。
And then it just all starts getting fucking thrown at you.
你就会想,哦,我都忘了节假日本来就是这样的。
And you're like, oh, I forgot this is what the holidays is actually like.
说到家人,我的建议是——不知道是不是我太悲观,但实话实说,我见过太多这种事了。
Like, when it comes to family, I think my advice and I don't know if this is me being pessimistic, but it's the honest truth is like, I've seen it enough.
我做这档节目已经够久了。
I've done this show for long enough.
收到过无数听众来信,都是诉说失望之情。
And I have so many people that always write in just being like, I was so let down.
我觉得对待家人时,稍微——注意是稍微不是完全——降低期待值可能更健康,对吧?
I think when it comes to family, it can be healthy to slightly, I'm just saying slightly, not completely, but slightly lower your expectations, right?
因为如果你抱着'这次聚会肯定很糟'的心态去,结果发现'天啊奶奶居然没说种族歧视的话',
Because like how amazing if you go and be like, this is about to be shit and then it's like, oh my god, my grandma didn't make a racist comment.
爸爸没喝得烂醉,
My dad didn't get hammered.
妈妈没有表现得很自恋,
My mom wasn't a narcissist.
我那个混蛋堂兄也没敲我脑袋,
My fucking cousin didn't like smack me in the head.
就会发现当下其实有很多美好正在发生。
Like there's so much beauty happening right now.
与其期待全世界却只换来一坨屎,还不如一开始就别抱期望。
It's almost better to go in like that than rather expect the world and literally just get fucking shit on.
但我和心理医生探讨时也意识到,节日总是被编码成怀旧核心,对吧?
But I think also something as I've reflected with my therapist is like, something about the holidays, obviously, is just so nostalgia core coded, right?
很多时候我们想起节日,总觉得它们应该像童年时那样美好。
And I think a lot of times when we think about the holidays, we feel like they should feel like they did when we were kids.
但显然这不可能实现。
And obviously, that's not going to happen.
所以节日反而会凸显现状与童年的巨大差异,不是吗?
So I think it can end up highlighting how different things are now than they were in your childhood, right?
环境会变,人会离世,关系会结束,家庭会破裂,父母会离婚,家族关系随时间流转。
Circumstances change, people pass away, relationships end, families break up, parents get divorced, family dynamics shift throughout time.
为了度过这个阶段,我想强调的是——平常日子里你不需要同时面对所有问题。
And to help us get through this, I just want to highlight like on normal days, as an adult, you are not having to confront all of it at once, right?
不必和所有这些人、所有触发点共处一室。
You are not in a room with all of these people and all of these triggers.
这些是分散在全年慢慢消化的。
It's piecemeal throughout the year.
可当节日来临,就像一记耳光甩在脸上:该死的,我的生活怎么还是这么糟。
But then the holidays come and it kind of just slaps us in the face and it's like, goddamn, my shit's so fucked like, no.
我认为这正是悲伤趁虚而入的时刻。
And I think that is really when the sadness can creep in.
你期待事物要么保持原貌,要么变得更好。
You expect things to either look like they used to or you expect things to be different than they were.
比如:为什么我们家族毫无成长?
Like, how have we not grown as a family?
为什么我们还在为五岁时争吵的同样事情打架?
How are we still fighting over the same thing that we did when we were five years old?
这到底是怎么发生的?
Like how is this happening?
核心主题就是假期,大多数时候都达不到我们脑海中构建的期望值,对吧?
The overarching theme is the holidays, most of the time do not live up to the expectations that we built up in our head, right?
就像我说的,我认为度过假期并真正享受它们的第一步,就是停止追求完美。
Like I said, I think the first step in surviving the holidays and actually having a chance to enjoy them is to stop trying to make them perfect.
我们无法控制一切会怎样发展,但我们可以控制自己的反应。
We cannot control what it's all going to be like, but we can control how we react.
你早就清楚和家人或共度假期的人相处时的雷区是什么,对吧?
You already know what your triggers are with your family or the people you're going be spending it with, right?
比如,可能是家人喝完第三轮酒后气氛突变,大家开始争吵;也可能是你添第二份食物时,那位总爱对你身材评头论足的阿姨——你知道她肯定会开口;又或是在酒吧遇见老家朋友时感到被冷落,瞬间把你拉回高中或初中的糟糕回忆。
Like, maybe it's the way the energy shifts after your family has had that third round of drinks and everyone's always fighting or maybe your aunt who is always making comment when you help yourself to seconds about your body, like you know it's gonna come or maybe it's running into your hometown friends at the bar and like feeling left out and it's triggering you back to high school or middle school or whatever it be.
我的建议是:随着这些情况临近,试着预判你的触发点,认清那些年复一年让你难受的事,争取提前应对。
My advice is as we get closer to all of this coming to a head, try to anticipate what that trigger is for you and recognize those things that year after year keep making you feel upset and just try to get ahead of it.
就是字面意义的提前准备——好吧,我知道这事会发生。
Like literally just try to get ahead of it like, okay, I know this is gonna happen.
那么第一,今年我要如何应对?
So one, how will I respond this year?
第二,我要怎样应对才能让自己更快乐、更享受?
And how will I respond in a way that will make my time happier and more enjoyable?
对吧?
Right?
或许需要设定些界限。
And so maybe it's setting some boundaries.
或许要打破某些模式。
Maybe it's breaking patterns.
或许要颠覆某些传统。
Maybe it's breaking traditions.
就像你必须自己做决定一样。
Like you have to decide for yourself.
每个家庭都不同。
Every family is different.
我可以在这里坐几个小时,不断设想各种场景。
I could sit here for hours and just go through scenarios.
但你们,现在正在收听的每一个人,请闭上眼睛。
But you, every single person listening right now, close your eyes.
如果你在开车就别这么做,但请闭上眼睛。
Don't do it if you're driving, but close your eyes.
即使你在工作,老板正从旁边经过,等等,罗恩你等一下。
Even if you're at work, your boss is walking by, hold on, hold on Ron.
我需要集中精神。
I need to lock in.
亚历克斯让我快速定位家庭创伤。
Alex is telling me to locate the family trauma really quick.
等一下,等一下。
Hold on, hold on.
我马上把销售报告给你。
I'll get you the sales report in one minute.
好了,大家都闭上眼睛。
Okay, everyone close your eyes.
你知道节日期间会触发你情绪的是什么?
What is the thing that you know is gonna trigger you for the holidays?
当你想到这个时,宝贝,我该怎么选?
It came to you're like, babe, how do I pick one?
亚历克斯,我该选哪个?
Alex, which one should I pick?
好吧,我们都心知肚明。
Okay, we all have it in our head.
接下来的几小时、几分钟或几天里,开始为自己筑起防护罩,想办法别让那些破事毁了你这该死的节日。
Now for the next few hours, minutes or days, start to just plan the shield around yourself of how you're gonna try to not let that fucking ruin your holiday this fucking year.
我知道这很难做到,因为总有些情况是你无法控制的。
And I know it's really difficult to do because there's gonna be circumstances that you cannot control.
但我觉得只要找到适合你的方式就行,对吧?
But I think just finding what works for you, right?
节日不完美没关系,家人不像Instagram上那样完美也没关系——但真相是,那些在Ins上晒全家福假装节日多幸福的人,往往过得最惨。
It is okay to not have a perfect holiday and a perfect family that see on Instagram, but news flash, most of the people probably posting how happy their family is on fucking holidays on Instagram are the most miserable.
要是真那么幸福,你还会抱着破手机不放吗?
Because if you're really that happy, are you on your fucking phone?
不,我知道和家人度过的最美好节日,
No, I know some of the best holidays I've had with my family.
就像这样:伙计们,我们没发动态,没拍照,什么都没做。
I'm like, you guys, we didn't post, we didn't take a picture, we did nothing.
因为我们当时在玩桌游打牌什么的。
Because we were playing board games and cards and whatever.
能在节日期间真正活在当下本身就是一种奢侈。
And it's like that's being present is a privilege during the holidays.
能够专注当下、真心不想刷手机是种特权——毕竟有太多糟心事、创伤、包袱和过往,让人很难真正享受当下。
Being able to be present and actually not wanting to be on your phone is a privilege because there's so much going on and so much trauma and so much baggage and history that it's really, really hard to just enjoy yourself.
所以提醒一下:就算那些在Ins上晒幸福的人真很快乐,也别私信我。
So just a little reminder, you know, and even if the people that are posting on fucking Instagram are actually happy, don't DM me.
我只是想让其他人好受点。
I'm trying to make everyone else feel good.
懂了吗?
Okay?
试着享受当下,这就是我想灌输给自己和你们的理念,别让对这个季节的过度美化影响了你的心情。
Try to just enjoy yourself, I think is what I'm going to try to just instill within myself and for you guys and try not to let the romanticizing of this time of year let you down.
我让你们写下关于如何应对假期的具体问题,因为这真的会占据我们生活的全部。
I had you guys write in specific questions about how to navigate the holidays, because that's literally what's about to consume our fucking lives.
所以如果你们准备好了——反正我是准备好了——让我们来回答这该死的每周提问吧。
So if you're ready, because I'm ready, let's answer some questions of the motherfucking week.
好的,让我看看问题。
Okay, let me me get the questions.
稍等。
Hold on.
好的,第一个问题。
Okay, question one.
嗨,库珀神父,我男朋友邀请我去他家过感恩节,这是我第一次见他全家。
Hi, Father Cooper, my boyfriend invited me to spend Thanksgiving at his house, and I'm meeting his entire family for the first time.
我紧张得要命,想确保能留下好印象。
I'm freaking out and wanna be sure that I make a good impression.
我该怎么做?
What should I do?
我该穿什么?
What should I wear?
救救我。
Please help me.
天啊。
Oh my God.
好吧。
Okay.
我是说,在深入讨论之前,我觉得有必要承认:和伴侣共度假期是件大事,也是关系中的重要一步。
I mean, before we get into it, I think it's just like important to acknowledge that spending the holidays with a partner is a big deal and a big step in the relationship.
通常来说,我会认为这意味着你们的关系变得更认真了,你能看到彼此有真正的未来,这非常令人兴奋。
Typically, I would assume that means you guys are getting more serious and you can see a legitimate future together, which is very exciting.
我为你感到高兴。
I'm happy for you.
我的建议是,把这当作一次很好的试运行,看看你能否融入他的家庭,是否能想象成为彼此生活的一部分,对吧?
My advice is just to also go into this like, this is a good trial run to see how you would fit in with his family, and whether or not you could picture being a part of each other's lives, right?
你可以近距离体验他们的传统,真正了解他们的家庭动态。
Like, you get to experience their traditions up close, and you can really learn a lot about their family dynamic.
但需要记住的是,就像我刚才说的,节假日是压力大、紧张的时刻,对吧?
And so something to keep in mind though, is like I just talked about, the holidays are a high stress, high tension time, right?
我不是说他们应该是最疯狂的家庭,要为此体谅他们。
So I'm not saying that they should be like the most insane family and like give them a break for it.
但要记住,他们的行为可能不代表他们日常的真实样子,对吧?
But like their behavior, just keep in mind may not represent what they actually are like around the day to day, right?
尤其在节假日,不是每次互动都会完美无缺。
Especially at the holidays, not every single interaction is going to be perfect.
可能会有些尴尬或艰难的时刻,甚至可能发生家庭争执。
There will probably be some awkward or tough moments, there could be a family fight.
所以记得给自己和他的家人都留些宽容的空间。
And so just remember to give both yourself and their family a little bit of grace.
好的,现在我们来谈谈如何留下良好第一印象的基本步骤。
Okay, so now let's talk about the very basic steps of like how to make a good first impression.
我们还可以讨论你在那里时应该进行的实际对话和互动。
And we can also get into actual conversations and interactions that you should be having while you're there.
我的第一条建议非常简单基础,但绝对必要:你需要带礼物,明白吗?
My first piece of advice, very simple, very basic, but like absolutely necessary, you need to bring a gift, okay?
这不需要精心准备或昂贵,但在我看来,受邀参加别人的感恩节晚餐或去别人家时,永远永远不要空手而去。
This does not have to be an elaborate, expensive situation, but you should never ever ever show up to someone's Thanksgiving dinner or someone's home, in my opinion, empty handed when they are hosting you.
一些安全又不会出错的礼物,比如可爱的香薰蜡烛、水果篮、一瓶葡萄酒(如果这家人喝酒的话),或者既然是感恩节,你可以问问男朋友:'嘿,需要我准备什么菜吗?'
Some safe and foolproof gifts are things like a cute scented candle, a fruit basket, a bottle of wine if the family drinks, or since it is Thanksgiving, you could ask your boyfriend like, hey, do they need me to cook anything?
亲爱的,如果你会做饭的话。如果不会,就别趁机第一次尝试做南瓜派了。
If you're a cook, sweetie, if you don't cook, I wouldn't use this as an opportunity to try to make a pumpkin pie for the first time.
也许还是算了吧。
Maybe lay off.
这时候该有点自知之明,比如别逞能去做填料火鸡。
Maybe this is where self awareness kicks in and it's like, maybe don't try to make the stuffing.
就他妈带个蜡烛去吧。
Just bring a fucking candle.
但如果你非要带食物,可以烤个派。
But if you do, maybe bake a pie.
也许这是你的拿手绝活,正好可以露一手对吧?
Maybe that's something you're really good at and you could show off, right?
比如带个甜点,多带点东西,说真的,你随手带的任何东西都是心意,对吧?
Like bring a dessert, bring something extra, literally anything that you walk in with is thoughtful, right?
就像我说的,能被邀请参加别人的节日聚会是件大事。
Like I said, it's a big deal to be included in someone's holiday.
所以我觉得要时刻保持感恩之心。
So I think just making sure you're constantly being like thankful.
我知道这听起来像是'我不用巴结这些人'。
I know that sounds literally like you're like, I don't need to suck up to these people.
多说几次谢谢能让你赢得尊重,亲爱的。
Saying thank you a good amount of times gets you some high regard, sweetie.
但也别做得太夸张,搞得人家觉得'天啊,我们知道了'。
Now don't be a fucking over the top bitch where they're like, Jesus Christ, we get it.
你他妈的很感激。
You're fucking thankful.
嗯,这就是这个节日的意义所在。
Well, that is what this holiday is about.
所以请记住这一点。
So keep that in mind.
今天能和马蒂的家人在一起,我真的很感恩。
I'm just so thankful to be with Marty's family today.
然后他们说,闭嘴,克里斯汀。
And they're like, shut up, Christine.
而你说,不,该死。
And you're like, no, fuck.
别惹人烦。
Don't be annoying.
就像硬要表现得很努力那样。
Like chew try hard.
你得找到那个平衡点,亲爱的,这就是自我认知的美妙之处。
You gotta you gotta that's the beauty of self awareness is like find that middle ground, sweetie.
而且这并不容易找到。
And it ain't easy to find.
所以你得用心感受。
So you gotta feel it.
这个感恩节,你必须真正全身心地和伴侣在一起。
You gotta really be in your body this Thanksgiving with your partner.
我们能聊聊穿搭吗?
Can we talk about outfits?
感恩节的着装可能有点棘手。
Dressing for Thanksgiving can be a little bit tricky.
我个人知道,我喜欢大吃特吃。
I know personally, I love to stuff my face.
感恩节晚餐我要吃第二轮、第三轮,甚至更多轮。
I'm going in for seconds, thirds and many more rounds for Thanksgiving dinner.
所以我个人想穿条有弹力的裤子,对吧?
So I personally would like to wear a pant that is elastic, right?
不要有纽扣,就算有纽扣,我也会在餐桌上把它们全解开。
There's no buttons or if there's buttons, I'm unbuttoning them out the fucking table.
但我觉得很多家庭在感恩节都不会穿得太随意。
But I feel like a lot of families aren't casual for Thanksgiving.
其实盛装打扮也挺有意思的,虽然我总想穿运动裤,但全家人都说:'亚历克斯,穿条裙子吧'。
It is kind of fun to dress up anyways, although I'm like, let's just do sweats and my whole family's always like, no, Alex, like put on a skirt.
不过我觉得穿条裤子配乐福鞋,搭件可爱毛衣或者毛衣配裙子永远不会出错。
I'm like, oh, but I do think you can kind of never go wrong with like a pant, a loafer and a little cute sweater or like a skirt sweater combo.
总之最重要的是别让自己不舒服。
But overall, you do not want to feel uncomfortable.
很多家庭对这种着装要求都有传统习俗。
And a lot of families have a lot of traditions around this type of dress code situation.
所以建议你问问男朋友:'能告诉我你妈妈或姐妹平时都穿什么吗?'
So if I were you, ask your boyfriend, like, can you tell me what your mom or your sister or any of like the women like usually wear?
其实这可以成为很好的破冰话题,取决于你们关系有多亲近。
Or how about, actually, this could be a great conversation starter depending on how close you are.
你认识他妹妹吗?
Do you know his sister?
他有姐妹吗?
Does he have a sister?
这或许是个发短信的好时机:'嗨,想问问你准备穿什么?'
That would be maybe a good time to text her and be like, hey, just wondering what you're wearing.
但千万别穿露脐装。
But do not wear a crop top.
大概别把胸部露出来,对吧?
Do not probably don't have your tits out, right?
就是说,要穿得让你男友的奶奶也能看的衣服。
Like it's just the things that you want his grandma to see.
人各有志,如果你想穿夜店风,那是你的自由。
And to each his own, if you wanna go clubbing outfit, do your thing.
只是我个人不会推荐这么做。
I just wouldn't personally recommend it.
这可是家庭聚会,明白吗?
This is a family gathering, okay?
收敛一点,珍妮丝。
Keep it together, Janice.
关于你和你男友,我建议你们提前做足功课,在进门前先跟他了解清楚要见的每个人,懂吗?
You and your boyfriend, I also would say, to set yourself up for success, talk to him about all the people that you're going to be meeting before you walk into this house, right?
我们家怪人可不少。
We got a lot of weird people.
每个家族都有奇葩,我们爱这些怪咖——但你必须先认清他们。
We got a lot of freaks in families and we love the freaks but you got to know the freaks.
你得先摸清状况。
You gotta get your bearings.
我觉得你男友应该体贴些,不该让你初次见面就毫无准备地单打独斗,对吧?
And I would think it's nice of your boyfriend to not let you get your initial bearings while you're just out there raw dogging it alone, right?
你男友该像《贱女孩》里那样给你科普:这桌人是什么路数,那群人又是什么来头。
Your boyfriend should kind of be giving you that like the mean girls moment where it's like, these people at this table are like this and this group is like this.
约翰,快给我讲讲这里的人际版图。
Like, give me the lay of the land, John.
我得知道自己将要面对什么场面。
Like, I wanna know what I'm getting myself into.
比如,哦,今年贝蒂阿姨没被邀请。
Like, oh, Aunt Betty isn't invited this year.
还有,哦对了,那个该死的杰瑞叔叔,他可能会对你的胸部发表不当评论,你要坚强点,懂吗?
And oh, yeah, uncle fucking Jerry, he's probably gonna make an inappropriate comment about your boobs and just stay strong, you know?
哦对了,我爸肯定会喝得烂醉,但你就当没看见继续该干嘛干嘛。
And oh, yeah, my dad will absolutely be tanked, but like, keep it moving.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
顺便说下,我姑妈格特鲁德绝对会他妈勾引你。
And by the way, my aunt Gertrude, she's definitely gonna fucking hit on you.
然后你会说,等等,你姑妈格特鲁德?他就会说,哦对,桌子底下可能会伸过来一只手。
And you're like, wait, your aunt Gertrude, he's like, oh yeah, a finger under the table may come.
你得设好界限,把腿交叉起来,你可以...你可以说点什么。
You gotta just boundary that shit up, cross the legs, and you can you can say something.
你可以说格特鲁德,格特鲁德,对,管好你的手。
You can say Gertrude, Gertrude, yep, keep the fingers to yourself.
因为他从第一天起就和这些怪胎混在一起,所以他会告诉你这些。
Like he's gonna tell you because he's been there since day one with these freaks.
他可是身经百战。
He's been there.
他们有人酒驾被抓时他就在现场。
He's been there when one of them got the fucking DUI.
当救护车来的时候他也在,因为该死的弗兰妮觉得从屋顶跳到雪地里会很有趣,结果摔断了骨头。
He's been there when the medics came because fucking Franny thought it would be fun to jump off the fucking roof into the snow and then broke her bones.
这是你最糟的情况。
This is your worst case.
想象一下如果他这么说,哦对了,我妈可能只是有点话痨。
And imagine if he's like, oh yeah, like my mom can just be a little talkative.
哦,嫁给他吧。
Oh, marry him.
好的。
Okay.
但大多数时候都会有个贝蒂阿姨。
But most of the time there is an Aunt Betty.
还有个杰瑞叔叔。
There is an Uncle Jerry.
我不知道有没有格特鲁德阿姨,但你懂我他妈在说什么。
I don't know if there's an Aunt Gertrude, but you get what I'm fucking saying.
所以真的要让男友在你深入接触前透露些内幕,这才是妙处。
Okay, so really try to get your boyfriend to give you the down low before you're in and around because that's the beauty.
这样你就能留意所有这些动态,同时保持警惕。
Then you can be like watching for all these dynamics, but you can be on guard.
你可以他妈的高度戒备,还能适时表现,因为你会想'哦,这家伙的雷点是这个'。
You can be on motherfucking guard and you can kind of show up because you're like, oh, this one's trigger is this.
我一定能和这个女人处好关系。
I'm gonna absolutely be good with this woman.
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I'm saying?
就像,提前准备好你的应对套路。
Like, have a little bit of your repertoire stacked ready to go.
但确实,我觉得这样也会给人留下超差的印象。
But yeah, I feel like it also is just like makes such a bad impression.
如果你话太少,我理解你可能害羞,但你不能因为怕搞砸就几乎不和他家人互动。
If you are not talking a lot, I get you can be shy, but you don't want to go in there and like barely engage with his family because you're trying not to fuck up.
然后他们就会觉得'搞什么,你带来的姑娘整晚他妈跟哑巴似的'。
And then they're gonna be like, okay, like you literally brought a girl that's just like being fucking mute all night.
就像你想让他们在一定程度上了解你。
Like you want to let them get to know you to a certain degree.
所以是的,分享一些关于你自己的事情。
So yes, share some things about yourself.
但别过度分享,否则他们会觉得,天啊,她太自我陶醉了。
Don't overshare because then they're like, Jesus Christ, she's obsessed with herself.
这根本没有赢家。
There is no winning.
但我要告诉你的是。
But this is what I will tell you.
说话,对吧?
Talk, right?
说话,分享一些关于你自己的事情。
Talk, share a couple of things about yourself.
但这是银弹,这才是关键,这才是真正的甜蜜点。
But this is the silver, This is that little, this is the actual sweet spot.
当你去参加别人的感恩节聚会时,要想成为赢家,你只需要询问别人关于他们自己的事情。
When you go to someone's Thanksgiving, all you have to do to be a winner is ask people about themselves.
跟我说说你自己吧。
Tell me about you.
等等,好吧,所以你和凯尔显然是表亲,对吧?
Wait, okay, so how okay, we you and Kyle are obviously cousins, right?
好的,是的。
Okay, yeah.
那我们...你们是一起长大的吗?
So we and we so you guys grew up together?
等等,告诉我。
Wait, tell me.
天啊,我想他提到过那个。
Oh my god, he I think he mentioned that.
等等,所以你们去了同一个——哦,你们去了不同的学校。
Wait, and so you guys went to the same Oh, you went to different schools.
等等,那你们会一起过夜吗?
Wait, so would you have sleepover?
停。
Stop.
你们以前做过这个吗?
Did you guys like do this?
你们是不是一直都在一起?
Have you guys been together for everything?
天哪,你们最美好的回忆是什么?
Oh my gosh, what's your favorite memory?
不可能。
No way.
等等,所以凯尔显然决定不上大学了,而你去了——哦,你正在上大学。
Wait, and so Kyle obviously decided not to go to college or you and go, Oh, you're in college.
好的,酷。
Okay, cool.
比如,他会来看你吗?
Like, does he ever visit you?
你你只是...你只是问别人关于他们自己的事,而每个人都很自恋,他们会说'我太喜欢你女朋友了,凯尔'。
You you just You ask just, people about themselves and the narcissist everyone is, oh, they're gonna be like, I am so obsessed with your girlfriend, Kyle.
她是个开心果。
She is a delight.
现在凯尔会说'告诉我一件关于她的事'。
Now Kyle was like, tell me one thing about her.
他们会说,哦,现在回想起来,我其实想不了太多,因为...然后就开始滔滔不绝地谈论自己,而你只是在那里帮他们处理所有这些弗洛伊德式的东西。
They'd be like, oh, now in hindsight, I can't really think about much because well, and then it's like, oh, talk about themselves the whole time and you were just there to help them go through all of this Freudian stuff.
他们开始对你倾倒心理创伤。
They start trauma dumping on you.
哦,靠近点克里斯汀,克里斯汀,当那家人开始倾倒创伤时,别添油加醋也别传闲话,就多跟我说说。
Oh, lean in Christine, Christine, when that family starts trauma dumping, now don't add to it and don't gossip, but just tell me more.
天啊,那一定很艰难吧。
Oh God, that must have been hard.
你感觉怎么样?
How are you feeling?
巴拉巴拉。
Blah, blah.
就这样。
That's it.
就这样。
That's it.
明白了吗?
Okay?
还有如果你想表现得像是'哦,最后你会得到一枚戒指'的话,主动提出帮忙做清洁工作。
And then also if you want to really be like, Oh, you're getting a ring at the end of this, offer to help out in cleanup crew.
清洁组,10号通道,搞定。
Cleanup crew, Aisle 10, boom.
你开始为这家人刷盘子。
You start scrubbing a dish for this family.
说真的,你现在可以选择要不要嫁给凯尔了,因为他全家人都会觉得克里斯汀彻头彻尾是顶级极品,干得漂亮凯尔,因为你从来不会选对人。
You're literally, you have now the choice if you want to marry Kyle or not because his whole family is gonna be like, Christine, through and through top tier, top notch, grade A bitch, way to go, Kyle, because you never pick them right.
所以我的意思是,这段挺长的。
So I mean, that was a long one.
但你知道我的意思是,你会没事的,你只需要坚持住,你能行的,你会好起来的。
But you know what I'm saying is like, you are going to be fine and you just have to stick to you got this, you're gonna be fine.
好的,下一个问题。
Okay, next question.
嗨,爸爸,我需要你的帮助。
Hi, daddy, I need your help.
我和我丈夫总是圣诞节和我家人一起过,感恩节则和他家人一起。
My husband and I always spend Christmas with my family and Thanksgiving with his.
圣诞节对我父母来说极其重要,我们有很多一起遵循的传统。
Christmas is extremely important to my parents and we have tons of traditions we do together.
但今年,我婆婆突然决定要我们和他们一起过圣诞,这引发了一大堆矛盾。
But this year, my mother-in-law has decided she wants us to spend Christmas with them instead and it's causing a ton of drama.
我家这边不高兴,他家那边也不高兴,我完全被夹在中间左右为难。
My side of the family is upset, his side of the family is upset, and I feel totally stuck in the middle.
我该怎么办?
What should I do?
哦,天啊。
Oh, wow.
好吧,这确实很棘手,因为我觉得家庭中最容易引发矛盾的正是决定由谁主办、去谁家过节这类大事。
Okay, this is really difficult because I feel like this is one of the biggest things in families that can obviously cause conflict is deciding who's hosting, who's going.
而且我认为随着我们年龄增长,每个家庭都会衍生出许多分支关系。
And I think as we get older, there's so many sides to each family.
比如先是直系亲属,然后一个人结婚,接着另一个也结婚,就会出现各种姻亲关系和延伸家庭。
Like it's like first, it's your immediate and then one person gets married and then another and there's all these different in laws and all these extended families.
情况会变得非常复杂。
And it gets really confusing.
我想反问你的问题是,是什么原因让他家突然想开始主办圣诞节了呢?
I guess my question back to you would be like, what has changed that his family now randomly wants to start hosting Christmas?
显然,看起来一直没什么矛盾,感恩节和他们过,圣诞节和你家人过,这种安排堪称完美平衡。
Clearly, it seems like there's been no drama and it's kind of been like this perfect balance of Thanksgiving with them, Christmas with yours.
我想问问,是不是发生了什么让他们突然想过圣诞节?
And I guess I would just ask like, did something happen that made them want Christmas?
我还想说别太刻薄,因为我觉得这要求挺合理的。
I also would say not to be a dick because I think this is fair.
你看,如果他们过圣诞节,那感恩节就该归你们了对吧?
Like, okay, well then if they get Christmas, then you should get Thanksgiving, right?
总不能两个重要节日都被他家人独占吧?
Because it's like, now you're not going to take both huge holidays and his family just own them, right?
这事需要有个取舍。
Like there needs to be a trade off.
不过我的核心建议是:这类事情上你必须和丈夫达成共识。
My biggest suggestion though, when it comes to this kind of stuff is you need to just get on the same page with your husband.
你可以这样和他沟通:'我知道我们每年都和我家人过圣诞'
And I think what you can do is open it up to him of like, hey, I know that we've done thank Christmas with my family every single year.
'也清楚你父母在极力促成这件事'
And I know your mom is pushing for this, your dad is pushing for this.
'但你自己真实想法是什么?'
But like, what you feel about it?
说不定他会坦白:'其实我很矛盾,毕竟我们已深深融入你家的节日传统'
Because maybe he'll come to you been like, honestly, like I've been really struggling because I know how much we are already ingrained in this part of the family with your family and like this tradition.
'但我希望能有次圣诞节陪我的家人',这要求非常合理。
But I would like to like have one of the Christmases with my family, which I think is so fair.
关键是要坦诚沟通。
You just have to talk about it.
当然,这里也需要有相应的妥协。
But then there also needs to be again, a give and take.
所以如果他来找你说,现在回想起来,我确实想和妈妈或爸爸,还有兄弟姐妹们一起过圣诞节之类的。
So if he came to you and was like, this is something that like now in hindsight, like I do want to spend a Christmas with my mom or my dad or all those things and my siblings, whatever.
这不仅合理,而且非常正常,对吧?
Not only is that fair, that is so normal, right?
因为很明显你们并没有要融合成一个大家庭。
Because it clearly you guys aren't merging.
所以我认为接下来应该讨论:我们该如何安排和我家人一起过圣诞节。
So I do then think that it's like, okay, then this is a conversation to be had about how can we then do something with my family for Christmas.
我知道这听起来很复杂,但随着家庭扩展,人们结婚后会有各种姻亲关系,有时确实需要准备双份安排。
I know that this sounds like a lot you guys, but as you continue to grow your family outside of just your immediate and people are getting married and there's all these different in laws, there needs to be sometimes two of things, right?
比如可能在平安夜庆祝,然后圣诞节当天去他家人那边。
Like maybe you're doing Christmas Eve and you're celebrating Christmas and then on Christmas you're going to his family.
这有点像离婚后的探亲安排,明白吗?
Like it almost is kind of like how divorce works a little bit, right?
就像各回各家那种模式。
It's like my family, your family.
当然如果大家能聚在一起会很美好。
And it's lovely, obviously, if people can all come together.
但现实是,如果你有多个兄弟姐妹,像我弟弟现在也有姻亲了。
But realistically, if you have more than one sibling or in all these dynamics, everyone then like my brother has in laws now, right?
比如马特的兄弟姐妹们都有各自的姻亲。
Like Matt has siblings who have in laws.
突然间就多了这么多不同的家庭。
That all of a sudden there's all these different families.
展开剩余字幕(还有 304 条)
直系亲属全员团聚的情况已经不太常见了。
The immediate families coming together is not really a thing as much anymore.
至少以我家的情况,人实在太多了,你和伴侣必须像做选择题一样决定去哪边,因为所有兄弟姐妹们也都要应付他们姻亲那边的安排。
At least like I know in my dynamic, have so many fucking people that you kind of have to pick and choose like where you're going per just you and your couple because all your siblings and everyone are doing a bunch of different things with also their in laws.
你得看看,我们能否协调好?
And you kind of have to see, can we coordinate?
如果不行,那也没关系。
And if not, great.
抱歉,这话题越说越琐碎了。
Sorry, this is getting so into the weeds.
我知道这真的很困难。
I know this is really difficult.
但我的建议是,你需要做出权衡。
But yeah, my advice would be, you need to have a trade off.
你现在不能把他妈的每个节日都给他家人。
You can't now just give his family every fucking holiday.
这不公平。
That's not fair.
所以我理解你家人为何会不满。
So I get why your family would be upset.
但我认为你现在没必要让自己家人孤立无援。
But I do think you don't now need to just leave your family high and dry.
如果这件事对你丈夫家人是公平的,那你们要怎么补偿你这边家人?
If this is something that would be fair to give your husband's family, then how are you guys going to make it up on your side of the family?
重申一下,无论是另选日子和你家人团聚,还是最终和你家人共度感恩节。
Again, whether you do something with your family on a different day, or whether you end up doing Thanksgiving with your family.
这确实很困难。
It's really difficult.
我认为这会是个持续演变的过程,因为接下来还要考虑哪个家庭成员先有孩子。
And I think it's gonna be an ever evolving process because then it's like, which family member has kids first?
然后还有孙辈的问题,这简直没完没了。
And then there's like the grandchildren and it's like, it is never ending.
所以,这就是为什么嫁给一个犹太男人挺好的,因为我能过所有天主教节日,而Matt家则过所有犹太节日,简直完美。
So yeah, that is why it is kind of nice to be married to a man who is Jewish because I have all of the Catholic holidays and then Matt's family gets all of the Jewish holidays and it's like, boom.
还有感恩节,现在每年轮流过,特别有意思。
And then there's Thanksgiving, which is always then now rotating, which is very fun.
好,下一个。
Okay, next.
在我的粉丝家庭里我是最年长的,但感觉我的人生进度最落后。
I am the oldest in my fan family, and I feel like I'm the least ahead in life.
我离梦想的工作还差得远。
I don't have anything close to my dream job.
我现在还和室友合住。
I still live with my roommates.
尽管我的兄弟姐妹都处于长期稳定关系中,我还是单身。
And even though all of my siblings are in long term relationships, I'm still single.
我真的很害怕过感恩节,因为知道大家会问我无数问题,让我觉得自己很失败。
I'm really dreading Thanksgiving because I know everyone is going to ask me a million questions and make me feel like I'm a failure.
我也很焦虑,因为要看着大家其乐融融,而自己形单影只。
I also am stressed because I'm going to be watching everyone in these dynamics and I'm just going to be alone.
我该怎么办?
What should I do?
太难了。
It's so hard.
确实很难,就像你刚才说的——我完全能感同身受——你其实是在说,和兄弟姐妹们的生活相比,自己处在完全不同的阶段。
It's so hard because again, like what you're saying in this, which I have such empathy for is like you're basically saying, I am aware that in comparison to my siblings and their lives, I'm at a very different point.
我甚至不觉得你落后,好吗?
I wouldn't even say you're behind, okay?
别说自己落后。
Don't say you're behind.
你只是处于一个非常不同的阶段,对吧?
You're just at a very different point, right?
所以你大概从周一到周五,甚至周六周日都没想过这件事。
And so you're probably not thinking about this Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday even.
你可能不常想这些,但很多时候,就像我在节目开头说的,当你以全方位的方式体验假期时(大多数人都是这样),你会不由自主地陷入各种思绪:天啊,这位正在恋爱,他们在一起很久了,现在要讨论婚纱了,我可不想在场。
You may not think about this a lot, but a lot of times, obviously, like I said at the beginning of this episode, when you are experiencing the holidays in a way that is all encompassing, which is most of us, you can't help but go down every rabbit hole of, oh my God, okay, so this one is in a relationship and they've been together and now they're going to be talking about wedding dresses and I don't want to be there.
于是你不仅面临着比较,还和你从出生就认识的兄弟姐妹在一起。
And so like you're being faced with the comparison and you're also with your siblings who you've literally known since birth.
所以你会想:天啊,还有额外的因素——你明明是最大的孩子,却感觉自己落后了。由于家庭关系的特殊性,有这么多事情触发你的情绪完全可以理解。
So you're like, oh my God, then there's also the added element of like you being the oldest but feeling like you're behind like, there are so many things that are triggering you understandably because of the dynamic of it being family.
我认为在这种环境下和兄弟姐妹相处时,真的很难不退化到我们小时候的相处模式。
I think that it's really, really hard not to regress to how we grew up with our siblings when you're with your siblings in these type of environments.
比如你们一起度过了很多个圣诞节。
Like you have been together for Christmases.
我和我的兄弟姐妹一起度过了31个圣诞节,明白吗?
I've been with my siblings for Christmases for thirty one years, okay?
现在我依然会发现自己和姐姐、弟弟、父母在一起时,我们想憋笑都憋不住。
And I still will find myself with my sister and with my brother and with my parents and we can try not to laugh about it.
但不可避免地,和家人相处时总有些瞬间让我突然意识到:天啊,我现在就像12岁的Alex,还在为这件事生我弟弟的气。
But inevitably there are moments with my family where I catch myself and I'm like, oh my God, I'm acting like Alex, the 12 year old who was annoyed at my brother for this.
我们会退化,因为有时候在兄弟姐妹眼中,彼此永远都是小时候的样子。
And we are regressing because that is like how we see each other sometimes with our siblings is still as children.
就像你日常生活中——再说一次我可能说错了——但看起来你因为比较而压力很大。
Like you in your day to day, and again, I could be wrong, but it seems like you're so stressed because of the comparison.
但在日常生活中,你其实对自己很满意,对吧?
But probably in your day to day, you feel really good about yourself, right?
就像你现在单身是有原因的。
Like there's a reason you're not with someone right now.
凡事皆有缘由,无论是你专注于事业、爱好还是朋友。
There's a reason, right, where you're focusing whether it's on your career or your hobbies or your friends.
你正过着属于自己的生活。
You are living your own individual life.
而当你与兄弟姐妹比较时,这种不安全感最为强烈。
And the time that you're feeling the most insecure about it is when you're comparing it to your siblings.
这再正常不过了。
That is so normal.
就像要确认你的感受,你会感到胃里翻腾,我懂那种感觉。
Like validating you, you're gonna have a pit in your stomach, I get that.
但如果你能尝试重新训练大脑,告诉自己这种情绪最强烈是因为对方不是朋友,而是你的手足。
But if you can try to retrain your brain going into this being like, this is the most heightened because it's not friends, these are your siblings.
你们彼此说过世界上最伤人的话。
You guys have said the worst things to each other in the world.
你们可能经历过最激烈的争吵。
You've gotten probably in the worst fights ever.
但同时你也比任何人都爱他们。
And you also love them more than anything.
手足关系真是复杂得要命。
Sibling dynamics are so fucking complicated.
很多时候当你长大成人,我知道我和我的兄弟姐妹就是这样,我们也讨论过这个问题。
And so a lot of times when you grow up, and I know I was like this with my siblings and we've talked about it.
你会和兄弟姐妹产生竞争,不是那种希望他们失败的方式,而是因为你整个成长过程都与这些人生活在一起。
You can get competitive with your siblings, not in a way that you even want them to fail, but like your whole life, you're living with these people.
你见证他们的成就,共进晚餐,听他们讲述在学校做了什么或怎么做的。
You're watching their accolades, you're having dinners, you're like listening to what they did at school or how they did it, whatever.
所以整个童年时期你们都在互相衡量比较。
And so you're all gauging for your whole childhood.
哦,这个做得对,那个有麻烦了,这个被禁足了。
Oh, this one's doing this right and this one's in trouble or this one's grounded.
你们都处于这个紧密交织的生态系统中。
You're all in this ecosystem that's so on top of each other.
然后你走出去面对世界,过自己的生活。
And then you go out into the world and you live your own life.
当你重新回到那个环境时,你会立即融入那个生态系统,退行,感觉自己又变成了孩子。
And when you're put back into that, you go right back into that ecosystem and you regress and you feel like a child again.
还有,虽然我不了解你的家庭,但我想给你一个建议:是的,你可以尝试不要和兄弟姐妹比较。
And I also think, again, I don't know your family, but something that I would give you as advice to leave you with this is, yes, you can try all the things of don't compare yourself to your siblings.
说起来容易做起来难。
Easier said than done.
但不要让这一周或任何时间打乱你为自己个人所做的努力。
But don't allow this one week or whatever it be to derail what you've been working for for yourself individually.
不过,你也可以对兄弟姐妹们说同样的话。
However, you could also say that to your siblings.
伙计们,有时候你们得用点幽默。
Guys, I know, like sometimes you have to use humor.
嘿,大家,我们开始度假了。
Hey, everyone, we're starting the holidays off.
我想先声明,我知道你们都在恋爱关系中。
I just wanna acknowledge that I know all of you are in relationships.
我知道你们的状态,无论是已婚、有孩子还是其他情况。
I know all of you are like, whether you're married or your kids or your whatever.
而我是唯一单身的人。
And I'm the only single one.
我要说出来,而且只有我会说出来。
I'm gonna say it and I'm gonna be the only one to say it.
我们就别提这事了,我承受不来。
And we're gonna not bring it up because I can't handle it.
这个假期我受不了这个,对吧?
I can't handle it this holiday, right?
所以,别聊我的感情生活,也别问我相关的事。
So like, let's not talk about my dating life and don't ask me about it.
说实话,你的兄弟姐妹可能会说'好吧弗朗西斯,随便,不在乎',因为根本没人真在乎。
Honestly, then your siblings may be like, okay, Francis, like, cool, don't care because no one really gives a fuck.
没人在乎。
No one cares.
真的没他妈人在乎。
No one really fucking cares.
没人在乎。
No one cares.
但当你身处这种场合,突然就会有人问'嘿弗朗西斯,约会市场行情如何?'
But when you're in these environments, all of a sudden you're like, yeah, Francis, how's the dating pool going?
因为人们只是想找话题聊天。
Like, because people are just trying to have conversation.
你其实可以干脆说'我没兴趣谈这个'。
And if you kind of, you could almost do that and just be like, I'm not interested.
要是我姐或我哥这么对我,我会说'行吧'。
If my sister or my brother did that to me, I'd be like, okay.
然后我就不提这事了,这样也挺好。
And then I wouldn't bring it up because it's kinda like cool.
不过我还是很抱歉。
So I'm sorry though.
我懂,兄弟姐妹那些破事真他妈烦人。
I know that's dude, sibling shit is so fucking annoying.
这并不容易。
It's not easy.
好的,下一个。
Okay, next.
每次过节或过生日,我男朋友送的礼物都糟糕透顶。
Every holiday and birthday, my boyfriend gets me the worst gift ever.
说实话这真的很让人沮丧,不是因为物质,而是感觉他完全不了解我和我的个性。
It's honestly really upsetting, not because I'm being materialistic, but because it feels like he doesn't know me or my personality at all.
我该怎么和他谈这件事?
How do I talk to him about this?
我是这么想的。
Here's what I think.
有时候伴侣送礼物这件事,基本上只有两种极端情况,没有中间选项。
Sometimes with gifts with partners, it's a really there's kind of two paths and there's no in between.
要么礼物很棒,要么...
Either Well, yes, then there's the people that get you fucking great gifts.
但如果有人总是送不出好礼物,他们要么是真的很努力了,对吧?
But if someone is getting you not good gifts, they're either like really, really trying, right?
然后你会说'天啊宝贝'。
And you're like, oh, my God, babe.
他会说'看这是我为你做的'。
And he's like, look what I made you.
比如你们三周年纪念去了巴黎,结果他做了个丑得要死的埃菲尔铁塔模型。
And it's like you guys had gone to Paris for like your three year and he ends up like making this like God awful hideous Eiffel Tower thing.
他手工做了这些小玩意,是你们俩在铁塔下接吻的样子,但看起来就像乐高拼的。
And he like made these little handcrafted things and it's like the two of you in the Eiffel Tower kissing and you're literally like Legos.
但他真的特别努力,还说'我花了将近一周时间做这个,觉得你可以放在办公桌上'之类的话。
But it's like he tried so hard and he's like, I spent like almost like an entire week building this thing for you that I thought you could put at your desk in your office or whatever.
你简直就像在说,天啊,史蒂夫。
And you're literally like, oh my god, Steve.
这简直美翻了。
That is beyond gorge.
你会说,天啊,史蒂夫,史蒂夫,史蒂夫。
You're like, oh my god, Steve, Steve, Steve.
我的天啊。
Oh my god.
我太爱你了,史蒂夫。
I love you so much, Steve.
谢谢你,史蒂夫。
Thank you, Steve.
谢谢你送的这该死的乐高套装。
Thank you for the fucking LEGO set.
然后他说,哦,等等,你不喜欢吗?
And then he's like, oh, wait, do you not like it?
你会想,当然不喜欢这该死的乐高套装啊,史蒂夫。
You're like, and you wanna be like, of course, I don't like the fucking LEGO set, Steve.
但当你看到他那天使般纯真的脸庞时,你会想,天啊,这可怜的家伙真以为我会喜欢这个。
But then you like see on his like pure baby angel face and you're like, oh my god, this poor man actually thought I was gonna like this.
但这完全是个误会,你会觉得,唉,这可怜的家伙。
But he and it's a whole misunderstanding and you're kinda like, oh, this poor man.
他总是试图做些很贴心的事,结果却搞砸了。
And he constantly tries to do these really thoughtful things that just fucking flop.
这是一方面。
That's one side.
另一方面让我担心的是,当男人送你很糟糕的礼物时,我忍不住觉得他们根本没在听你说话。
The other side that I see that I worry about is like, when guys are getting you really bad gifts, I can't help but think like, they're not listening to you.
他了解你喜欢做什么吗?
Does he understand what you like to do?
你常去哪里购物、穿什么衣服、最喜欢和闺蜜们一起做什么?
Where you shop, what you wear, what your favorite things are to do with your girlfriends?
他是否足够投入你的生活、足够在场、足够专注去了解你的喜好?因为给女人选礼物真的不难。
Like is he engaged enough in your life and present enough and actually focused enough to understand what you like because a gift for a woman is not that hard.
真的、真的、真的、真的、真的不难。
It's really, really, really, really, really not that hard.
我甚至可以说,这可能是男人能为女人做的最简单的事情之一——送个好礼物。
And I would go as far to say it's probably actually one of the easiest things men can do for a woman is just get them a good gift.
衣服、珠宝、一瓶红酒加张浪漫卡片、鲜花、小手链和封情书卡片。
Clothes, jewelry, you know, a bottle of wine and a fucking romantic card, flowers, and a little bracelet and a card that is a love letter.
情书,你完全可以给她爱。
Love letters, you could literally give her love.
哦等等,这要求他得会读写才行。
Oh wait, that would require him to know how to read and write.
不不,选择无穷无尽——给她买张丝芙兰礼品卡都行。
No, no, there's like endless get her a gift card to Sephora.
送她...可选的东西太多了。
Get her like, there's so much.
而男人呢?难道你想要根该死的钓鱼竿吗,你这loser?
And then men it's like, do you wanna you want a fucking fishing rod, you loser?
比如'哦,我已经给你买了根钓鱼竿'
Like, oh, I already got you a fishing rod.
'我给你买了套新高尔夫球杆'
I got you a new golf set.
'我给你买了件新高尔夫Polo衫,每次你穿它我都看得出来'
I got you a new golf polo that I get the every time you wear it.
我给你买了一条高尔夫腰带。
I got you a golf belt.
我给你带了些百威淡啤,还买了新卡其裤。
I got you some Bud Lights and I got you new khakis.
你这该死的废物,男人还需要什么呢?
You fucking looser like, then it's like what else could a man need?
对吧?
Right?
比如手表,我想是给你十周年纪念的。
Like a watch, I guess for your tenth anniversary.
我们真的在挑战男人的极限。
Like we're really pushing it with men.
能送的东西不多,因为他们本身就没多少需求。
There's not much to give because there's not much to them.
女人啊,多么复杂。
Women, oh, the complexity.
我们包罗万象。
We are range to range.
我们真的无所不包。
We have literal range.
你可以有无数种选择,这并不难,对吧?
You could go so many different directions and it ain't that hard, right?
所以如果你男朋友在送礼方面总是踩雷,我想问你,他知道你的中间名吗?
So if your boyfriend is like really missing the mark when it comes to gifts, I guess I would ask you, does he know your middle name?
他了解真实的你吗?
Like does he know you?
他真的懂你吗?
Is he really in tune?
比如约会之夜时,你会不会发现自己滔滔不绝,而他眼神呆滞心不在焉?
Like when you go to date nights, do you find yourself talking a lot at him and him kind of like glazed over?
还是他会说‘等等亲爱的,我记得你三个月前说过不喜欢Veronica’?
Or is he like, wait, but babe, I remember you said three months ago that you didn't like Veronica.
然后你说‘不,那是Vicky’
Like and you're like, no, that was Vicky.
他就说‘哦,我的错’
And you're like, oh, my bad.
好吧
Okay.
不过确实
But yeah.
所以是Vicky
So it was Vicky.
你们还为这事吵过架
You got in the fight about this.
他知道吗?
Does he know?
再说一次,有时候匹配对象就是会完全走神
And again, listen, there's sometimes matches glazes right over.
当我谈论真人秀或八卦时,他们肯定会屏蔽部分内容
When I'm talking about all the reality shows or the drama, for sure, they can tune some of it out.
但这个男人到底屏蔽了你多少?
But to what extent is this man tuning you out?
因为我觉得在礼物这件事上,有时就像‘天啊,听着,我要夸夸我兄弟,我超爱你’
Because I think when it comes to gifts sometimes it's like, oh my God, I know Listen, shout out to my brother, I love you so much.
他这方面真的很差劲,而我给了他很多帮助
He's really bad at this and I've been really helpful to him.
我就想,她是什么样的人?
I'm like, what is she like?
然后他说,哦对了,她总是戴首饰。
And he's like, oh, yeah, she always wears.
我就问,那她戴什么颜色的首饰?
Do I'm like, well, what color jewelry does she wear?
他说,金色的。
And he's like, gold.
我说,这不就得了。
I'm like, there you go.
现在咱们去珠宝店给她买条该死的金项链吧。
Now let's go to the jewelry store and get her a gold fucking necklace.
所以这其实挺简单的。
So it's like pretty basic.
非常简单。
It's pretty basic.
真的非常简单。
Pretty, pretty basic.
我觉得你可以这样做——如果你发现自己在想'不不不,他其实很懂我'的话。
I guess you could do this is if you're finding yourself being like, no, no, no, he really knows me.
他只是依然不擅长选礼物。
He just still sucks at getting gifts.
你们可以建个共享笔记应用。
You're gonna make a shared notes app.
这就是你们要做的。
That's what you're gonna do.
你们建个共享笔记应用然后说:亲爱的,我爱你,但我不希望你花钱买些我用不上的东西。
You're gonna make a shared notes app and you're gonna say, hey babe, hey babe, hey baby, I love you, but I'm finding that I don't want you spending money on things that like I'm not gonna use.
我很感激你每年都努力给我挑选好礼物。
And I love that you try each year to get me good gifts.
但这一年里我也意识到,有些东西我自己绝不会买,却很适合当礼物。
But there are also things throughout the year I realized that like I never really would get myself, but I would like as a gift.
所以我打算整年都用备忘录记录,不只是在圣诞节、生日或节日前夕,而是全年持续。
And so I'm gonna just start a notes app throughout the year, not just leading up to Christmas or birthdays or holidays, whatever, throughout the year.
每次看到喜欢的东西,就直接记在备忘录里。
And every time you see something that you like, just throw it in the notes app.
这样他在那些重要节日购物时,就能有大量选择不会让你失望。
And so then he can have a plethora of things that wouldn't let you down as he is going shopping on these glorious Canon events.
对,这就是我的小小建议。
Yeah, that's that's kind of my that's my 2¢.
告诉我你们是否同意这个做法。
Let me know if you guys agree or disagree.
好的,下一个问题。
Okay, next question.
这段感情让我不快乐已经好几个月了,我知道是时候结束了。
I have been unhappy in my relationship for a few months now and I know it's time to end things.
但在节日期间提分手感觉太残忍了。
But it feels so mean to break up with someone right around the holidays.
我该撑到新年再说,还是快刀斩乱麻?
Should I hang on until New Year's or get it over with?
救救我。
Help.
哦,亲爱的。
Oh, sweetie.
这简直是顶级Alex Cooper式难题。
This is like grade A Alex Cooper shit.
我在节日期间结束了太多段感情。
I have ended so many relationships around the holidays.
我帮助了我的兄弟姐妹和节日期间的人际关系,朋友们也帮助了我,还有节日期间的人际关系。
I have helped my siblings and relationships around the holidays and friends and friends have helped me and relationships around the holidays.
问题是,你脑子里想着,哦,熬过节日再说吧。
Here's the thing, you think in your brain, oh, just wait through the holidays.
比如在圣诞节前分手对他们来说会更受打击。
Like it will just be more traumatizing to them to break up with them right before Christmas.
而且我们已经计划好新年活动了,所以我打算之后再说。
And we already actually made plans for New Year's and so I'll just do it after.
不,不,不,不,不。
No, no, no, no, no.
因为我不太相信什么新年决心,也不信什么一月一日要重组生活那套鬼话。
If there's anything because I don't really believe in resolutions or the fucking, you know, Jan one, let's reorg our life.
我真正相信的是,新年决心意味着你不该带着负能量进入新的一年,也不该和明知不想在一起的人跨年。
What I actually do believe in with the Jan one resolutions is you are not going into this next year with bad energy and you are not going into that next year with someone that you know for a damn fact you don't want to be with.
而且我也不会让你带着一段你心知肚明已经结束、对方却毫不知情的关系进入新年。
And I'm also not letting you bring them in to the new year with a relationship that you're aware is over, but they're not aware.
因为你知道什么最不公平吗?
Because guess what's not fair?
你知道节日期间他们会说什么吗?
You know, you know that around the holidays, they're going to be like, what?
天啊,新年我们应该去这里。
Oh my God, for the new year, we should go here.
夏天我们该做什么呢?
What are we gonna do in the summertime?
他们正在规划未来。
They're planning.
你开始规划。
You start planning.
你开始规划新的一年。
You start planning for what's the next year.
2026年将会是重要的一年。
2026 is gonna be big.
对我们来说会是重要的一年,宝贝。
It's gonna be big for us babe.
这是重要的一年,突然间你就这样了,我打算在1月1日和你分手,而你却毫不知情。
This is a big year and all a sudden you're literally like, I'm literally breaking up with you on January 1 and you don't even know.
你甚至没告诉克里斯托夫你要结束这段关系。
You didn't even tell Kristoff that you're gonna end it.
而你他妈的就坐在那里,克里斯托夫还在幻想着和你的未来。
And you're fucking sitting there and Kristoff is dreaming about the world with you.
而你心里想的却是:再过两天就能甩掉这个人了。
And you're literally like, only two more days till I can fucking get rid of this person.
这不公平。
Like, not fair.
奇怪的是,我觉得假期是分手的绝佳时机,因为假期本来就够压抑了。
Weirdly, I think the holidays are fabulous time to break up with someone because the holidays are depressing anyways.
我们有各种贺卡、浪漫喜剧和华丽电影,你看遍了所有影片。
We have all the hallmark and the oh and the rom coms and the gorgeous and you watch all the movies.
但事后想想,假期期间的事情其实很阴暗。
But in hindsight, shit's dark around the holidays.
所以让他们深陷黑暗,经历分手,然后和家人在一起吧。
So let them just dig deep into the darkness and get broken up with and then be with their family.
然后他们的家人会说:去她的,她什么都不是。
And then their family is gonna be like, f her, she's not shit.
比如,你比她强多了。
Like, you were better than her.
让克里斯托弗沉浸在他家人的温暖怀抱中悲伤吧,而不是在你这个叛徒的怀里——你明明已经翻篇了,却还要假惺惺地说'圣诞快乐,宝贝'。
And let Christophe marinate in his sadness in the warm embrace in the arms of his family, not in the arms of you, the traitor who knows you're over it, but you're still like, Merry Christmas, babe.
我们看《圣诞精灵》吧。
Let's watch Elf.
基思会说,这让我想起《我们》那部电影。
And Keith's like, that reminds me of Us.
而你实际上在想,在节日期间分手其实是最无私的行为。
And you're literally like, you know breaking up with someone during the holidays is actually the most selfless thing you can do.
我知道有些人可能不赞同这个观点。
And I know some people may disagree with me on that.
当唱诗班经过时还要假装牵手。
To hold hands as the carolers come by.
我们祝你圣诞快乐。
We wish you a Merry Christmas.
克里斯托弗眼含泪光看着你,仿佛在说'那是我的宝贝'。
And Christophe is looking at you with crystals in his eyes like, that's my baby.
那是我的宝贝。
That's my baby.
等不及要和她一起跨年了。
Can't wait to ring in the new year with her.
等不及今晚在槲寄生下献上最浪漫的吻。
Can't wait to have the most romantic mistletoe kiss later tonight.
等不及要做所有...等不及为她...哦,这样如何?
Can't wait to do all can't wait for her Oh, how about this?
等不及要送她礼物了。
Can't wait to give her her gift.
我给她买了条蒂芙尼项链。
I got her a Tiffany necklace.
我给她买了束随便什么花组成的漂亮花束。
I got her a I got her a gorgeous bouquet of whatever.
节日期间这个可怜的男人或女人啊,恋爱时本该是情侣最浪漫的时光。
This poor man during the holidays or this poor woman, when you're in a relationship, this is the most it can be the most romantic time for couples.
所以当你知道自己不想继续这段关系时,姑娘你必须放手。
So when you're privy to the information that you don't want to be in said couple anymore, girl you got to let him go.
你得让他回到父母朋友兄弟姐妹身边,让他们拥抱他陪他看电影,让他能哭着喝蛋奶酒,喝到睡着或吃到睡着——无论他用什么方式疗伤。
You got to let him go so his mother or his father or his friends or his siblings or whoever it be can hold him and can watch movies with him and he can cry and drink eggnog and you know, drink himself to sleep or eat himself to sleep or whatever he does to cope.
等到一月一日,对于在节日期间分手的人而言,这是个清爽的新起点,可以对自己说:好了,新年第一天我要振作起来走出这段感情。
And then come Jan one, for someone who was broken up with during the holidays, I think it's really nice and a refreshed moment to be like, okay, come Jan one, I'm getting myself up and I'm gonna move on from that relationship.
没错,你正在这么做。
So yeah, you're doing it.
所有在看节目的姐妹们,你们必须和那个不想继续交往的人分手,别他妈硬拖着人家过完感恩节圣诞节,还互相送礼物。
And anyone that's watching daddy gang, you will be breaking up with that person that you know you don't want to be with and you will not be fucking dragging them through Thanksgiving and Christmas and making them give you gifts and you getting them a gift.
不然对方肯定会说:喂,你明明早就想分手了,却还是特意去商店给我买礼物?
Because then they're gonna be like, yo, you literally bought me that and you knew that you wanted to break up with me but you still went to the store and bought me the gift.
长痛不如短痛。
It's always better.
如果你借口说节日期间不能分手是因为早有安排,连票都买好了——
And if you are excused to why you can't break up with someone during the holidays is because you already have plans and you already bought the tickets and everything.
不不不,少来这套。
No, no, no, nope.
我拒绝接受。
I refuse.
我绝不同意。
I refuse.
不,你不能仅仅因为你预订了去阿布扎比的机票,要和团队一起旅行,就勉强和某人在一起。
No, you're not staying with someone just because you booked the tickets to Abu Dhabi and you've got this big trip with the group.
不,你应该留在家里承受损失,或者如果是你的朋友,分手后他们可以自己待着。
No, you're staying home and you're losing money or they can stay home once you break up with them if it was your friends.
这确实有点糟糕。
That kind of sucks.
但不,这样更好,因为什么?
But no, it's better because what?
然后你到了阿布扎比,兴奋得手舞足蹈,大喊'嘿,阿布扎比!'
Then you get to Abu Dhabi and your fucking tits are bouncing around and you're like, hey, Abu Dhabi.
而他坐在那里和你一起'阿布扎比',也跟着手舞足蹈。
And then he's sitting there Abu Dhabi ing with you and fucking bouncing his shit around too.
结果你突然翻脸说:'顺便告诉你,我们一落地就分手'。
And then you're gonna cut him off by the knees and be like, oh, by the way, I'm breaking up with you right when you land.
这样他会留下信任创伤的,亲爱的。
Then he's gonna have trust issues, honey.
这种情况简直可以单独做期节目——因为这段时间你一直活在谎言里,还对人家笑脸相迎。
And this is where, I mean, we could do a whole episode on this because then you were living a lie and smiling in this person's face during this time.
对方会崩溃地想:我们唱圣诞歌时/看电影时/一起烘焙时...这个狠人明明早就想分手却装没事人!
And then they're going to sit there and be like, Oh my God, while we were caroling, while we were watching the movie, while we were baking, this mother ever knew and still was a crazy bitch and went through with it and didn't just tell me.
知道为什么吗?
Because guess what?
如果对方早知道你变心了,根本不会愿意和你一起腌酱料、调蘸酱、准备开胃菜。
They probably wouldn't want to be with you marinating the sauces and making the dips and the appetizers with you if they knew you didn't want to be with them.
所以给人一点该死的真相,让他们有机会说:'撒由那拉,我才不想和冷血碧池共度圣诞'。
So give them a little bit of fucking truth and give them the chance to be like, Sayonara, I don't want to spend my Christmas with you cold hearted bitch.
总之,我觉得节假日期间拖着不分手挺自私的。
So yeah, I think it's a little selfish to stay with someone during the holidays.
好的,就到这里吧。
And yeah, end it.
砰,砰,砰,砰。
Boom, boom, boom, boom.
好的。
All right.
我想今天就到这里吧。
I think that's it for today.
我觉得我们完成了很多事情。
I think we accomplished a lot.
我感觉这次很不错。
I felt like this was good.
就像我开头说的真心话,我这么说也是为了提醒自己:不要对节日抱有过分浪漫的幻想。
And I felt like the honest truth that I said at the beginning, and I am saying this because I'm also saying it for myself is like, do not let yourself over romanticize the holidays.
那样只会让你失望。
That is only going to let you down.
当我说这些时,我希望你们知道——如果你没有紧张的家庭关系、缺乏界限的亲人、成瘾问题或失去亲人的痛苦,我真心为你们感到高兴,这是多么幸运啊。
And I hope when I say that, I want you all to know that I am so happy for you if you are someone who doesn't have strained dynamics or difficult dynamics or families with lack of boundaries or, you know, addiction or loss or whatever it be like, what a blessing.
希望你能尽情享受应得的节日时光。
And I hope you enjoy your holidays as you should and you deserve.
但对我说话的大多数人来说,接下来会起起落落,对吧?
But to the majority when I'm speaking, this is about to be up and down, right?
我并不是说这个假期会毫无快乐。
I'm not saying that this holiday season, there's not going to be any happiness.
只是伴随着压力和重担。
It's just with the pressure and the weight.
这就像除夕夜一样。
It's similar to New Year's Eve.
这和生日很相似。
It's similar to birthdays.
当你经历这些重要时刻时,总会有理想化的浪漫版本与现实之间的差距。
When you have these big hallmark moments, there is the idealized romanticized version and then there is reality.
我认为我们越是提前为这些情况做好准备,就越能减轻痛苦,避免陷入‘为什么我没有能实现X功能的家庭’这类空洞感。
And I think the more that we go into these situations just prepping ourselves, it will allow us to alleviate the pain and alleviate ourselves from feeling such a hole of like, why don't I have that type of family that can do X?
最后一点,我不知道会有多少听众将经历这种情况。
Last note, and I don't know how many obviously people listening are going to experience this.
但如果你是一个要独自过节的人——可能是自愿选择,也可能并非自愿。
But if you're someone who's going to spend the holidays alone and maybe it's by choice, maybe it's not by choice.
我能想象这真的很困难,当然也可能并非如此。
I can imagine that's really difficult because or maybe it's not.
重申一下,可能有些人会说:不,我就是主动选择的。
Again, there may be some people be like, no, I'm literally choosing it.
我要给自己倒上一杯又一杯红酒,点最爱的外卖,享受美好时光。
I'm going to pour myself multiple, multiple glasses of wine and I'm going to order my favorite food and have a great time.
为你感到高兴。
Love that for you.
但也有些人今年不得不独自面对,请记住——希望这些话能有所帮助。
But there are some people that are gonna go through it this year and just know, just know and I hope this can help.
这种孤独感会让人窒息。
It feels so all encompassing.
我给你的首要建议是:远离社交媒体。
And my biggest advice to you, number one, stay off social media.
因为尽管平时社交媒体或许能作为分散注意力的消遣,让你暂时脱离现实生活,但节日期间你会看到大量虚假内容——那些精心修饰的照片、完美家庭等等。
Because although on normal days social media can maybe come as like this distraction to you and kind of like take you out of your real life, you're going to be watching such fakeness on social media of just like perfectly curated pictures and families and all of it.
这可能会让你感到更加孤独。
It's gonna potentially make you feel more alone.
我的建议是投入去做那些你一整年都想做但始终没机会做的事。
So what I would do is lean into things that you've wanted to do throughout the year but you never got to do.
比如你一直想参加品酒绘画课,或者想独自去看场电影。
Like maybe you've wanted to go to one of those like wine and paint classes or maybe you've wanted to go see a movie and go to the movie theater alone.
也许你早就想给自己买套可爱的睡衣或其他东西,却一直没行动。
Maybe you've wanted to buy yourself these really cute pajamas or things and you never did it.
给自己买新衣服,安排个独处约会,读本书,你懂我意思吧?
Buy yourself the outfit, take yourself on a date, read a book, you know what I mean?
做些自我关爱的事——那些节日期间与家人共度时光的人反而很难获得真正的放松。
Like do things that are self care almost that most people that are gonna spend a lot of time with family during the holidays are not going to feel rejuvenated.
感觉人们总说:我需要从假期中再休个假。
I feel like everyone always says, I need a vacation from the vacation.
这段时间很容易让人过度兴奋。
This is a very overstimulating time.
所以如果你要独自过节,不妨把这变成优势,尽情投资时间和爱在自己身上。
So if you are someone that is going to be alone, use it to your advantage and pour so much time and love into yourself and invest in yourself.
等到1月2日大家回来上班抱怨'天啊我好累'的时候——
And then when everyone on January 2 comes back to work and is like, oh, my God, like, I'm so tired, blah blah blah.
你虽然不必说出口,但心里明白:过去几周我简直把自己宠上了天。
You're like, in your you don't need to be the person saying it out loud, but in your heart, you know, like, I literally pampered myself for the past few weeks.
我从没感觉这么好过。
I've never felt better.
我真的很自豪,既能享受独处时光又找到内心快乐,不用刷手机看别人然后自卑地带着心痛入睡——不,专注自己就够了。
And I'm really proud of myself that like, I was able to spend that amount of alone time and find joy within myself and didn't have to like, you know, scroll and watch people and then feel worse about myself and then go to bed with an ache in my like, no, just focus on yourself and that's that.
希望这番话能让你好受些。
I hope this made you feel better.
虽然我知道,这终究不会是个完美的节日季。
And I hope I know it was a lot about like how it's not going to be the best holiday season.
可以再来一次,对吧?
It can be again, right?
关键在于你如何应对,并对自己保持现实。
It's in your control of how you approach it and being realistic with yourself.
我希望这能让你在一切美好而疯狂的混乱开始前,有机会进行一些自我反思。
And I hope that allowed you to maybe do some self reflecting before all of the fun and beautiful, but also crazy chaos begins.
我爱你们,老爸帮。
I love you, daddy gang.
你并不孤单。
You are not alone.
要知道你们的父亲爱着你们。
And just know that your father loves you.
好吧,周三见,伙计们。
Okay, I will see you fuckers on Wednesday.
再见。
Goodbye.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。