本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿,各位《Circle Round》的粉丝们。
Hey, Circle Round fans.
我们为2025至2026年的《Circle Round》现场巡演新增了站点,诚邀您参加。
We've added stops to our twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six Circle Round live tour, and you're invited.
欢迎于1月18日来洛杉矶、2月7日来波士顿、3月14日来克利夫兰,观看我们的现场节目录制。
Join us for live episode recordings in Los Angeles on January 18, Boston on February 7, and Cleveland on March 14.
我们迫不及待想与您现场相聚。
We can't wait to circle around with you live.
请前往wbur.org/circlearound购买门票。
Get your tickets at wbur.org/circlearound.
WBUR的支持来自MathWorks,该公司是MATLAB和Simulink技术计算与基于模型设计软件的开发者。
Support for WBUR comes from MathWorks, creator of MATLAB and Simulink software for technical computing and model based design.
MathWorks,加速工程与科学领域的发现进程。
MathWorks, accelerating the pace of discovery in engineering and science.
了解更多,请访问mathworks.com。
Learn more at mathworks.com.
嗨。
Hi.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔,祝你新年快乐、健康。
Rebecca Scheer here, wishing you a happy, healthy new year.
在《Circle Round》,我们本周将休息一下,为一系列精彩的现场录制做准备。
Here at Circle Round, we're taking time off this week to gear up for a bunch of exciting live recordings.
欢迎于1月18日来洛杉矶、2月7日来波士顿、3月14日来克利夫兰,参加《Circle Round》现场演出。
Join us for Circle Round Live in Los Angeles on January 18, Boston on February 7, and Cleveland on March 14.
请在 wbur.org/circleround 购票。
Get your tickets at wbur.org/circleround.
现在,我们很高兴为您呈现《Circle Round》的重播特别版——一集来自档案、深受听众喜爱的节目。
And now we're pleased to present an encore edition of Circle Round, an episode from the archives that's become a big listener favorite.
我们将在下周二回归,带来全新一集。
We'll be back with a new episode next Tuesday.
你有没有调皮捣蛋过?
Have you ever made mischief?
一点无害的恶作剧可能会很有趣。
A little harmless mischief can be fun.
我儿子最近在我餐桌上的椅子上放了一个放屁垫,结果我们都笑得很开心。
My son recently put a whoopee cushion on my chair at the dinner table, and, well, we all had a good laugh about that.
但在今天的故事里,恶作剧并不是来自一个调皮的小男孩。
But in today's story, the mischief doesn't come from a playful young boy.
而是来自一些顽皮的仙子。
It comes from some impish fairies.
而且它们做的不只是恶作剧。
And they don't just make mischief.
它们制造了巨大的混乱。
They wreak havoc.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔,欢迎收听《Circle Round》,这里随时都有故事上演。
I'm Rebecca Scheer, and welcome to Circle Round, where storytime happens all the time.
今天的故事叫《渡口堡垒》。
Today, our story is called the ferry fort.
这个故事的版本源自爱尔兰,一个位于北欧的国家。
Versions of this tale come from Ireland, a country in Northern Europe.
许多杰出的人士共同合作,为我们带来了这个民间故事的改编版,其中包括泰勒·理查德森和艾莉森·赖特。
Some really great people came together to bring you our adaptation of this folktale, including Taylor Richardson and Alison Wright.
泰勒·理查德森在HBO Max的《镀金时代》中主演。
Taylor Richardson stars in The Gilded Age on HBO Max.
艾美奖提名女演员艾莉森·赖特在TNT的《雪国列车》以及FX的《美国人》和《宿敌:贝蒂与琼》中主演。
Emmy nominated actress Alison Wright stars in Snowpiercer on TNT, as well as The Americans and Feud, Betty and Joan on FX.
请大家围成一圈,聆听《仙灵堡垒》的故事。
Circle around everyone for The Fairy Fort.
穆里尔和她年幼的弟弟德克兰与母亲一起住在乡下的一座淡黄色农舍里。
Muriel and her younger brother Declan lived with their mother in a pale yellow farmhouse in the countryside.
夏天,当穆里尔和德克兰放暑假时,每一天都以相同的方式开始。
In the summer, when Muriel and Declan were off from school, every day began the same way.
在享用了一顿丰盛的早餐——煎蛋、土豆和母亲招牌的苏打面包之后,就该做早上的杂务了。
After a hearty breakfast of fried eggs, potatoes, and mother's famous soda bread, it was time for morning chores.
穆里尔去谷仓挤牛奶。
Muriel went to the barn to milk the cows.
内莉、艾尔莎,该挤奶了。
Nelly, Elsa, time for your milking.
德克兰去猪圈喂猪。
Declan went to the pig pen to feed the pigs.
早上好,小猪们。
Good morning, you porkers.
准备好享用美味的剩饭了吧。
Ready for some yummy scraps.
妈妈则去鸡舍捡新鲜的鸡蛋。
And mother went to the hen house to collect fresh eggs.
各位女士,早上好。
Good day, ladies.
看来你们昨晚挺忙的。
It looks like you had a busy night.
做完家务后,妈妈去缝纫了,而Declan和Muriel则在午餐前享受了一些自由时光。
After chores, mother went off to do her sewing, while Declan and Muriel enjoyed some free time before lunch.
当Declan出去玩的时候,Muriel通常坐在厨房的桌子旁练习竖琴。
While Declan went outside to play, Muriel usually sat at the kitchen table and practiced her harp.
Muriel的竖琴由闪亮的玫瑰木制成,琴身上有数十根琴弦上下延伸。
Muriel's harp was made from gleaming rosewood with dozens of strings stretching up and down its curvy frame.
但它并不是像交响乐团里那种高大的竖琴。
But it wasn't a big tall harp like the ones you see in an orchestra.
它小得多,正好适合放在膝盖上弹奏。
It was much smaller, just the right size for holding in your lap as you plucked its strings.
一个夏日的早晨,早餐和晨间家务后,Muriel正坐在厨房桌旁练习一首活泼的吉格舞曲,这时Declan跑了进来。
One summer day, after breakfast and morning chores, Muriel was at the kitchen table practicing a lively jig when Declan came running in.
Muriel,Muriel。
Muriel, Muriel.
怎么了,小弟弟?
Yes, little brother?
我在想,今天早上别练竖琴了,不如休息一下,和我一起去外面玩吧?
I was wondering, instead of practicing your harp this morning, how about you take a break and come outside with me?
现在正是野花盛开的季节。
It's high season for wildflowers.
我们可以去草地采些蓝铃花给妈妈。
We can go to the meadow and pick bluebells for mother.
你知道那是她最喜欢的花。
You know they're her favorite flower.
蓝铃花是妈妈最喜欢的花,对吧?
Bluebells are mother's favorite, aren't they?
但我得婉拒了。
But I'll have to pass.
我正在学这首吉格舞曲,得继续练习。
I'm trying to learn this jig and I need to keep practicing.
你去外面玩吧,好好享受。
You go out and enjoy yourself.
但等等,
But wait,
德克兰在门口停了下来。
Declan paused by the door.
怎么了?
What is it?
你能答应我一件事吗?
Can you promise me one thing?
你能答应我,不要从仙人堡摘任何风铃草吗?
Can you promise me that you won't pick any bluebells from the Fairy Fort?
仙人堡?
The Fairy Fort?
德克兰翻了个白眼。
Declan rolled his eyes.
你是指那个被一圈树木环绕的圆形土丘吗?据说那些所谓的仙子就住在那里。
Are you talking about the circular mound of earth surrounded by a ring of trees where the so called fairies supposedly make their home?
所谓的精灵 supposedly 在那里安家?
So called fairies supposedly make their home?
德克兰,你听过妈妈讲的故事。
Declan, you've heard mother stories.
精灵是真实存在的,他们的堡垒也是。
Fairies are real and so was their fort.
如果你以任何方式打扰它,精灵们就会用他们的魔法和恶作剧来报复你。
And if you mess with it in any way, the fairies will use their magic and mischief to get revenge on you.
德克兰又翻了个白眼。
Declan rolled his eyes again.
听着,穆里尔,就算我是小弟弟,也不代表你要把我当小孩对待。
Look, Muriel, just because I'm the little brother doesn't mean you have to treat me like a baby.
我知道精灵不存在。
I know fairies aren't real.
它们只是编出来的东西。
They're just a made up idea.
它们根本不存在。
They don't actually exist.
现在,穆里尔翻了个白眼。
Now Muriel rolled her eyes.
虽然我是姐姐,但我相信仙子是真的。
Well, I may be the big sister, but I do believe in fairies.
我告诉你,迪兰,离仙子堡垒远点。
And I'm telling you, Declan, stay away from the fairy fort.
听到了吗?
You hear?
但迪兰没有回答。
But Declan didn't answer.
他已经冲出门外,奔向那片广阔的起伏草地,阳光洒在盛放着野花的田野上。
He had already dashed out the door and headed for the wide rolling meadow where the sun splashed fields were exploding with wildflowers.
天哪。
Oh my.
看看这些花朵。
Look at all these blossoms.
金色的毛茛、红色的三叶草、紫色的耧斗菜。
Golden buttercups, red clover, purple columbine.
这是什么?这是什么?
What's what's this?
德克兰发现自己凝视着一圈树木。
Declan found himself staring at a ring of trees.
当他透过树枝望去,注意到这些树围绕着一座长满青草的小山,山顶上生长着成千上万的蓝铃花。
As he peered through the branches, he noticed the trees stood around a grassy hill with thousands of bluebells growing at the top.
天哪。
Goodness me.
我从未见过这么多蓝铃花长在一起。
I've never seen so many bluebells growing in one place.
这是为妈妈采蓝铃花的绝佳地点。
This is the perfect spot to pick bluebells for mother.
当然,我知道如果莫里埃尔看到这个地方会说什么。
Of course, I know what Muriel would say if she saw this place.
圆形的土丘,一圈树木, blah blah blah。
Circular mound of earth, ring of trees, blah blah blah.
但别闹了。
But come on.
即使 fairy fort 真的存在——其实它根本不存在——这里有这么多花,我摘一两把,仙子们也发现不了。
Even if the fairy fort were real, which it isn't, there are so many flowers here, the fairies will never notice if I pick a handful or two.
于是,Declan穿过树林,爬上小山,把篮子装满了蓝铃花。
So Declan made his way through the trees and up the hill, where he filled his basket with bluebells.
他摘了一束漂亮的花后,回到了那座淡黄色的农舍,莫里埃尔还在那里练习竖琴。
Once he had gathered a nice bouquet, he returned to the pale yellow farmhouse where Muriel was still practicing her harp.
姐姐,你看。
Big sister, look.
莫里埃尔把竖琴收进背包,凝视着Declan的花束。
Muriel tucked her harp in her satchel and gazed at Declan's bouquet.
天哪,小弟弟。
My goodness, little brother.
多漂亮的蓝铃花啊。
What lovely bluebells.
我本可以摘更多几十朵的。
I could have picked dozens more.
这周围环绕着一圈树木的奇怪圆丘上,一定长着成千上万朵。
There must have been thousands of them growing on this funny round hill surrounded by a circle of trees.
我迫不及待想把它们拿给你。
I can't wait to show them
给你。
to you.
等一下。
Hold on a second.
Muriel举起了手。
Muriel held up her hand.
你刚才说是一座被一圈树环绕的有趣圆丘吗?
Did you say a funny round hill surrounded by a circle of trees?
风铃草是长在一座被一圈树环绕的有趣圆丘上的吗?
The bluebells were growing on a funny round hill surrounded by a circle of trees?
嗯,是的。
Well, yes.
德克兰,我刚才跟你说什么了?
Declan, what did
我告诉过你吗?
I tell you?
那就是仙人堡。
That was the Fairy Fort.
你从仙人堡摘了花。
You picked flowers from the Fairy Fort.
我告诉过你不能
I told you that you mustn't
姐姐,我知道你告诉过我,但我更清楚自己相信什么,或者说不相信什么。
ever Sister, I know what you told me, but I also know what I believe or what I don't believe rather.
我不相信有仙子,也不相信什么仙子堡。
And I don't believe in fairies or their fairy fort.
嗯,我有种预感,你很快就会相信这两样东西了。
Well, something tells me you'll be believing in both those things before long.
根据妈妈的故事,仙子白天都会睡觉。
According to mother stories, the fairies sleep during the day.
到了日落时分,她们就会醒来,整夜唱歌跳舞,开派对。
Then at sundown, they wake up and party all night long with music and dancing.
但今晚仙子们醒来,发现她们的一些蓝色腰带不见了,我猜她们就不会开派对了。
But when the fairies wake up tonight and discover some of their blue belts are missing, I suspect they won't be throwing a party.
我猜她们会大发雷霆,要找你报仇。
I suspect they'll be throwing a fit, and they'll want revenge on you.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
仙子们会施展魔法和恶作剧向德克兰复仇吗?
Will the fairies work their magic and mischief to get revenge on Declan?
还是德克兰说得对,仙子只不过是个童话故事?
Or is Declan right, and the fairies are nothing more than a fairy tale?
我们将在短暂的广告后揭晓答案。
We'll find out after a quick break.
欢迎回到《圆圈剧场》。
Welcome back to Circle Round.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔。
I'm Rebecca Scheer.
今天,我们的故事叫《仙子堡》。
Today, our story is called The Fairy Fort.
广告前,穆里尔担心她的小弟弟德克兰从仙子堡摘了蓝铃花,仙子堡是一个被一圈
Before the break, Muriel worried that her little brother Declan had picked bluebells from the Fairy Fort, a circular mound of earth surrounded by a
环状
ring of
树。
trees.
穆里尔担心,当仙女们在日落时醒来举行他们惯常的通宵派对时,会发现花朵失踪并进行报复。
Muriel feared that when the fairies awoke at sundown to throw their usual all night party, they would discover the missing flowers and get revenge.
与此同时,德克兰根本不相信仙女的存在。
Declan, meanwhile, didn't even believe in fairies.
他不知道的是,就在几个小时后,他会改变主意。
Little did he know that in a few short hours, he'd be singing a different tune.
那天晚上睡觉前,德克兰刷了牙,洗了脸,然后去了自己的房间。
That night at bedtime, Declan brushed his teeth, washed his face, then headed to his room.
但当他一躺到床上
But the moment he lay down on his bed
哎哟。
Ouch.
他立刻跳了起来。
He jumped right off.
听到声音后
At the sound of
德克兰的吵闹声引起了穆里尔的注意,她赶了过来
Declan's carrying on, Muriel came
冲进了房间。
bolting into the room.
小弟弟,怎么了?
Little brother, what's wrong?
德克兰颤抖着手指向他的床。
Declan pointed a quivering finger at his bed.
姐姐,我不知道发生了什么。
I don't know what happened, sister.
我只知道我一上床,就觉得床里全是刺,好像有一丛黑莓灌木突然从床垫里长了出来。
All I know is I climbed into bed and felt like it was full of thorns, like a blackberry bramble had somehow sprung right out from the mattress.
穆里尔凑近查看
Muriel peered
看着德克兰的床垫。
at Declan's mattress.
她当然没看到任何黑莓灌木。
She certainly didn't see any blackberry brambles.
她小心翼翼地用手拂过法兰绒床单。
Carefully, she swept her hand across the flannel sheets.
我不知道,德克兰。
I don't know, Declan.
我觉得你的床挺正常的。
Your bed seems fine to me.
但感觉一点都不正常。
But it doesn't feel fine.
有什么东西在刺我,我发誓。
Something was stinging me, I swear.
好吧。
Alright.
别担心。
Don't worry.
今晚你可以睡在我的房间。
You can sleep in my room tonight.
于是,德克兰和莫里尔一起进了她的房间。
So Declan joined Muriel in her room.
但当他一躺到她的床上时
But the moment he laid down on her bed
哎哟。
Ouch.
他立刻跳了起来。
He leaped right off.
那些荆棘,姐姐,这里也有。
The thorns, sister, they're here too.
我能感觉到它们在刺我。
I can feel them stinging me.
穆里尔坐在了床垫上。
Muriel sat down on the mattress.
她什么感觉都没有。
She didn't feel a thing.
我不明白发生了什么,德克兰。
I don't understand what's going on, Declan.
你根本没在努力
You're not trying
你不是在跟我开玩笑吧?
to play a trick on me, are you?
当然不是。
Of course not.
那么,我认为有人在跟你开玩笑,而且是个相当恶劣的玩笑。
Well then, I think someone is playing a trick on you and a rather nasty trick at that.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
莫里尔的眼睛睁大了。
Muriel's eyes went wide.
德克兰的眼睛也睁大了,因为他知道妹妹在想什么。
Declan's did too because he knew just what his sister was thinking.
莫里尔,你不会相信是精灵们在捉弄我吧?
Muriel, you don't believe the fairies are doing this to me, do you?
为了报复我摘了他们的蓝铃花?
As revenge for picking their bluebells?
我想不出其他解释了。
I can't think of any other explanation.
德克兰艰难地咽了口唾沫。
Declan swallowed hard.
突然间,相信精灵的存在似乎也不再那么孩子气了。
Suddenly, believing in fairies didn't seem like such a babyish thing after all.
那我们该怎么办?
So what do we do?
我不知道,但我
I don't know, but I
认识一个可能知道的人。
know someone who might.
兄妹俩手拉着手冲向厨房,母亲正啜饮着她的晚间茶。
The siblings joined hands and raced to the kitchen, where mother was sipping her evening cup of tea.
穆里尔,迪克兰,怎么了,孩子们?
Muriel, Declan, what is it, dears?
你们看起来像见了鬼一样。
You look as though you've seen a ghost.
于是兄妹俩把关于蓝铃花、环绕圆形小山的树圈,以及迪克兰每晚躺下时感受到的荆棘全都告诉了母亲。
So the siblings told mother all about the bluebells, the ring of trees around the circular hill, and the thorns Declan felt every time he lay down in bed.
说完后,这位睿智的女士长叹了一口气。
When they were finished, the wise woman let out a sigh.
唉,孩子们,我早就提醒过你们了。
Well, children, I tried to warn you.
我不是告诉过你们不要摘仙丘上的花吗?
What did I tell you about picking flowers from the fairy fort?
但你们还是这么做了。
But you've gone and done it.
现在那些顽皮的小精灵非常不高兴。
And now those impish sprites are most displeased.
他们气得给我们的迪兰施了咒语。
So displeased, they've cast a spell on our Declan here.
妈妈,我们该怎么做才能解除这个咒语呢?
What can we do to break the spell, mother?
解除仙灵咒语的唯一方法就是与他们和解。
The only way to break a fairy spell is to make peace with them.
你们必须做些让他们高兴的事。
You must do something that will please them.
我知道。
I know.
我可以把摘的蓝铃花送回去。
I could return the blue bells I picked.
这可能会让他们高兴。
That might please them.
哦,恐怕这远远不够。
Oh, it'll take far more than that, I'm afraid.
好吧。
Alright.
那么,不如我们
So how about a
送他们一件礼物?
gift then?
如果我们给他们带点他们喜欢的东西呢?
What if we bring them something they find pleasing?
有可能。
Possible.
非常可能。
Very possible.
问题是,什么?
The question is what?
德克兰挠了挠头。
Declan scratched his head.
财富?
Riches?
也许是一些银币?
Silver coins, perhaps?
哦,精灵们用不着钱。
Oh, fairies have no use for money.
精致的食物?
Fancy food?
我们可以把它带到他们的派对上。
We could bring it to their party.
精灵不吃人类的食物,亲爱的。
Fairies don't eat human food, love.
但他们喜欢聚会、跳舞和演奏音乐。
But they do like to party and dance and play music.
一提到音乐,
At the mention of music,
穆里尔倒吸一口冷气,因为她突然明白了如何取悦精灵,或者至少知道该如何尝试。
Muriel let out a gasp because suddenly she knew how to please the fairies or at least how to try.
听好了,你们两个。
Listen, you two.
我有件事必须去做。
There's something I need to do.
你们俩都留在房子里。
You both stay here in the house.
还有,德克兰,别试图睡在任何床上。
And Declan, don't try sleeping in any beds.
就陪着妈妈,等我回来。
Just sit with mother and wait for me to return.
莫里尔穿上靴子,抓起背包,冲出了门。
Muriel pulled on her boots, grabbed her satchel, and sprinted out the door.
月光和星光为她照亮了道路,她匆匆赶往草地。
The moon and stars lit her way as she hurried into the meadow.
当她来到那圈树木时,透过枝叶看到了精灵堡垒,那里灯火闪烁,音乐喧腾。
When she came to the ring of trees, she could see the fairy fort through the branches, and it was twinkling with lights and bursting with music.
哦,
Oh,
我的天。
my.
妈妈说得对。
Mother was right.
精灵们确实懂得如何开派对,而且他们演奏的舞曲真是太棒了。
The fairies do know how to party, and what wonderful dance music they play.
难怪他们
It's no wonder they
你们在干什么
What are
你这个人类,来这里做什么?
you doing here, human person?
穆里尔僵在原地。
Muriel froze.
一群小仙子从山丘中蜂拥而出,他们的小眼睛闪闪发亮,小脸上满是怒容。
A swarm of fairies came streaming from the mount, their tiny eyes blazing and their tiny faces scowling.
你就是那个偷了我们蓝铃花的兄弟的人。
You're the one whose brother stole our bluebells.
他来这儿打扰我们的放屁,现在你又来打扰我们的派对。
He came here to disturb our fart, and now you've come to disturb our party.
快离开这里,人类,否则我们会惩罚你,就像惩罚你哥哥一样。
Get out of here, human person, before we punish you, just like we did your brother.
小仙子们向穆里尔投去一记冷眼,然后飞回了堡垒。
The fairies shot Muriel a withering glance before flitting back into the fort.
接着,音乐再次响起,小仙子们重新跳起了舞。
Then the music struck up again and the fairies resumed their dancing.
穆里尔感到心跳加速,身体颤抖。
Muriel felt her heart pound and her body shake.
有一瞬间,她想干脆就此罢手,回家算了。
For a moment, she thought she should just leave well enough alone and go home.
但接着,她想起了她的哥哥。
But then she thought of her brother.
当她听到仙子们的音乐出现了一段停顿,仿佛这些矮小的乐手们正在休息时,她看到了机会,决定抓住它。
And when she heard a pause in the fairy's music, as if the pint sized musicians were taking a break, she saw her opportunity and decided to seize it.
豁出去了。
Here goes nothing.
她颤抖着双手,从背包里拿出她的竖琴。
With trembling hands, she reached into her satchel and pulled out her harp.
她跪下来,将它抱在膝上,开始演奏。
She knelt down, cradled it in her lap, and began to play.
随着一个个音符飘荡在空气中,仙子们再次从堡垒中飘了出来。
As note after note drifted through the air, the fairies began gliding out from the fort again.
但这次,他们的眼神不再凶狠,脸上也不再怒气冲冲。
Only this time, their eyes weren't blazing and their faces weren't scowling.
相反,他们的眼睛明亮,脸上洋溢着笑容。
Instead, their eyes were bright and their faces were beaming.
如此美妙的
Such beautiful
你演奏的音乐,人类。
music you play, human person.
这正是我们派对最完美的音乐。
It's the perfect music for our party.
我们必须跳舞。
We must dance.
于是他们跳起了舞。
And so they danced.
他们旋转、翻腾、疾转,跳跃、摇摆、蹦跳。
They spun and twirled and whirled, pranced and swayed and jigged.
当穆里尔的音乐结束时,这些小精灵们爆发出一阵热烈的
And when Muriel's music came to an end, the little sprites broke into a big round
掌声。
of applause.
演奏得真好,人类朋友。
Well played, human person.
你让我们的派对更加欢乐了。
You've made our party all the merrier.
请问,我们该如何报答你呢?
How, pray tell, can we reward you?
穆里尔摇了摇头,微笑着。
Muriel shook her head and smiled.
哦,我不需要任何奖励。
Oh, I don't need any reward.
我只请求你们帮帮我弟弟,解除你们的咒语。
All I ask is that you please help my little brother and reverse your spell.
仙子们聚在一起,低声交谈了几句。
The fairies went into a huddle and exchanged some hushed words.
然后她们又回头看向穆里尔。
Then they looked back at Muriel.
我们将满足你的愿望,凡人,解除你弟弟的咒语。
We shall grant your wish, human person, and reverse your brother's spell.
但前提是你要答应回来为我们祈祷。
But only if you promise to come back and pray for us.
没有你,我们的派对就不会再一样了。
Our parties won't be the same without
穆里尔感到一阵如释重负和感激之情。
Muriel felt a rush of relief and gratitude.
我一定会回来为你们演奏。
I absolutely will come back and play for you.
我向你们保证。
I promise I will.
谢谢你们,仙子们。
Thank you, fairies.
谢谢你们。
Thank you.
当穆里尔回来时,那座淡黄色的农舍一片寂静。
The pale yellow farmhouse was quiet when Muriel got back.
她轻手轻脚地走上楼,高兴地发现德克兰正蜷缩在
Tiptoeing upstairs, she was pleased to find Declan all snuggled up
床上,睡得正香。
in his bed, fast asleep.
所以仙子们信守了诺言。
So the fairies made good on their promise.
在那个命运般的一天一夜之后,穆里尔也履行了自己的承诺。
And after that fateful day and night, Muriel made good on her promise too.
她回到仙灵堡,为那些热爱魔法、恶作剧和音乐的小生物——仙子们——演奏她的竖琴。
She returned to the fairy fort to play her harp for the fairies, those tiny creatures with an enormous love for magic, mischief, and music.
现在轮到你了。
Now it's your turn.
你可以通过制作属于自己的仙灵铃铛来感知仙子的存在。
You can know when there are fairies around by creating your own fairy bells.
制作仙灵铃铛,先找一根大小适中的小木棍。
To make your fairy bells, start with a smallish sized stick.
找一些绳子或毛线,串上叮当作响的小铃铛和珠子。
Find some string or yarn and thread it with jingly bells and beads.
接着,从一端到另一端,将绳子缠绕在木棍上。
Next, wrap your string around your stick from end to end.
然后用更多的绳子将木棍悬挂在窗户外面的某个地方。
Then use more string to hang your stick somewhere outside your window.
下次你的 fairy bells 响起时,你就知道可能有调皮的仙子在附近了。
And next time your fairy bells tickle, you'll know a mischievous fairy might be close.
本周的故事《仙子堡》由我,丽贝卡·谢尔,改编。
This week's story, The Fairy Fort, was adapted by me, Rebecca Scheer.
本故事由诺拉·萨克斯编辑。
It was edited by Nora Sachs.
我们的原创音乐和音效由埃里克·西梅洛尼斯制作。
Our original music and sound design is by Eric Schimelonis.
我们的艺术家是萨比娜·哈恩。
Our artist is Sabina Hahn.
萨比娜为《Circle Round》的两百多个故事都绘制了黑白涂色页,你可以给它们上色。
Sabina has drawn a black and white coloring page for all 200 plus Circle Round stories, and you can color them in.
大人们,请访问我们的网站 wbur.org/circleround,点击涂色页面。
Grown ups, visit our website, wbur.org/circleround, and click on coloring pages.
同时,在 wbur.org/circleround 上,你还可以成为《Circle Round》俱乐部的会员。
And while you're at wbur.org/circleround, you can become a member of the Circle Round Club.
您可以获得无广告的剧集、简短的睡前故事、优先参与Circle Round活动的资格、幕后视频,甚至还有个性化的生日祝福。
You can get ad free episodes, bite sized bedtime stories, early access to circle round events, behind the scenes videos, even a personalized birthday message.
请访问wbur.org/circleround并点击Circle Round Club。
Visit wbur.org/circleroundandclickcircleroundclub.
特别感谢本周的演员:埃文·凯西、阿莫里·西弗特森、克里斯·斯廷森、泰勒·理查森和艾莉森·赖特。
Special thanks to this week's actors, Evan Casey, Amory Sievertsen, Chris Stinson, Taylor Richardson, and Alison Wright.
家长请注意,泰勒·理查森将在HBO Max的《镀金时代》中出演。
Grown ups, watch for Taylor Richardson in The Gilded Age on HBO Max.
第二季即将上线。
Season two comes out soon.
请关注艾莉森·赖特在TNT剧集《雪国列车》中的表现。
Check out Alison Wright in Snowpiercer on TNT.
接下来,您还可以在瑞安·墨菲系列剧《卡波特的女性》第二季中看到她。
And coming up, can see her in the second installment of the Ryan Murphy series, Capote's Women.
本周的特色乐器是爱尔兰竖琴。
Our featured instrument this week was the Irish harp.
您可以在我们的网站上了解更多关于这种中世纪爱尔兰和苏格兰的传统竖琴,并查看埃里克·西莫洛尼斯演奏竖琴的照片。
You can learn more about this traditional harp of medieval Ireland and Scotland and see a photo of Eric Shimolonis playing one on our website.
再次提醒,网址是 wbur.org/circleround。
Again, that's wbur.org/circleround.
成年人,如果您喜欢《Circle Round》的内容,请在您最喜欢的播客应用上为我们写一个五星评价。
Grown ups, if you enjoy what you hear on Circle Round, please write us a five star review on your favorite podcast app.
只需一分钟,这将帮助我们继续与您相伴多年。
It only takes a minute, and it'll help us keep circling around with you for years to come.
《Circle Round》是WBUR的制作节目,WBUR是波士顿的NPR新闻电台。
Circle Round is a production of WBUR, Boston's NPR news station.
我是丽贝卡·谢尔。
I'm Rebecca Scheer.
感谢您与我们一同收听。
Thanks for circling around with us.
既然您已经听完了这一期《Circle Round》节目,我们想知道,您最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事是哪一个?
Now that you've made it to the end of this circle round episode, we want to know, what's your favorite circle round story?
成千上万像你这样的粉丝一直在告诉我们他们最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事。
Thousands of fans just like you have been telling us about the circle round stories they like best.
听听看。
Take a listen.
也许他们的最爱也是你的最爱。
Maybe one of their favorites is one of yours too.
我叫伊莎贝尔。
My name is Isabelle.
我住在加拿大的多伦多,我最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事是《我要一些金币》。我最喜欢的部分是那个男人说‘我要一些金币’的时候。
I live in Toronto, Canada, and my favorite circle round is to My favorite part is when the man said, I want some gold coins.
我叫卢卡。
My name is Luca.
我住在华盛顿州的雷德蒙德,我最喜欢的《Circle Round》故事是《狮子的胡须》。
I live in Redmond, Washington, and my favorite circle around is the lion's whisker.
我喜欢狮子把胡须送给兄妹俩的那段。
And I like the part when the lion gives the whisker to the brother and sister.
我叫奥利维亚。
My name is Olivia.
我住在华盛顿特区,我最喜欢的故事是《牛和农夫》。
I live in Washington DC and my favorite story is the Cow and the Farmer.
我最喜欢的部分是:呜!
My favorite part is Whoo!
我叫亨利。
My name is Henry.
我住在弗吉尼亚州,我最喜欢的故事是《非常忙碌的仙子》。
I live in Virginia and my favorite circle around Storys is Very Busy Fairies.
我最喜欢的部分是仙子们开着吸尘器到处飞。我叫基兰,住在田纳西州纳什维尔。
And my favorite part is when the fairies ride the vacuum around the My name is Kieran and I live in Nashville, Tennessee.
我最喜欢的民间故事是三腿部分。
My favorite folklore story is the three legged part.
我喜欢当它说‘该跳啊跳了’的时候。
I like the part when it says, It's time to skip and skip.
展开剩余字幕(还有 14 条)
Wee!
Wee!
嗨,我叫玛雅。
Hi, my name is Maya.
我住在加利福尼亚州的雷斯林斯。
I live in Reslins, California.
我最喜欢的循环故事是三个聪明的兄弟。
My favorite circle around story is the three clever brothers.
我喜欢他们解释他们如何知道商人骆驼样子的部分。
I like the part when they explain how they knew what the merchant's camel looked like.
我是玛雅。
I'm Maya.
我住在波士顿。
I live in Boston.
我最喜欢的循环故事是金笛,因为我喜欢
My favorite circle around story is the golden flute because I like
当泰开始吹笛子时。
when Ty starts blowing in the flute.
他不是
He's not a
一个好笛手,所以他只是说,
good flute player, so he just goes,
有人提到你错过的那个故事了吗?
Did someone mention a story you've missed?
别担心。
Not to worry.
大人们,您可以在我们的网站 wbur.org/slash-circle-around 上找到我们所有的 Circle Around 故事,以及 Circle Around 俱乐部、图画书、涂色页等更多内容。
Grown ups, you can find all of our circle around stories, plus links to the circle around club, picture books, coloring pages, and oh so much more on our website, w b u r dot org slash circle around.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。