本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
那么答案是什么?
So what's the answer?
答案是让自由变得有利可图。
The answer is to make freedom profitable.
这正是推动这场运动的关键。
That's what scales this movement.
比特币使之成为可能。
Bitcoin is what makes it possible.
比特币作为开放协议,我们的生活已日益数字化。
The open protocol that is Bitcoin, our lives have become increasingly digital.
我们几乎把整个生活都搬到了互联网上。
We basically moved our entire lives onto the Internet.
解决方案就是开源软件和开放协议。
The solution is open source software and open protocols.
开源之美在于其天然的病毒式传播特性。
The beauty of open source is that it's inherently viral in nature.
现在有请马特·奥德尔上台。
Joining us on stage is Matt Odell.
谢谢大家。
Thank you, guys.
前面的演讲很难超越,但我会尽力让各位不虚此行。
Tough act to follow, but I'll try and make it worth your while.
让我们看看效果如何。
We'll see how this goes.
做幻灯片难免会出现UI错误,但现在是2025年了。
It's impossible to make a slide deck without at least one UI error, but the year is 2025.
我们将要讨论如何让自由变得有利可图。
We're gonna be talking about making freedom profitable.
因此我诊断出我们社会的核心问题是——虽然问题很多,但我觉得真正能改变和改进的是:我们的生活已变得越来越数字化。
So the core problem that I've diagnosed in our society is and we have a lot of problems, but the one that I think we can actually change and improve is that our lives have become increasingly digital.
我们基本上把整个生活都搬到了互联网上。
We basically moved our entire lives onto the Internet.
我们依赖它。
We rely on it.
我们在上面花费了太多时间。
We spend way too much time on it.
而我们构建它的方式,大型科技范式,是通过围墙花园——大型科技公司的封闭生态圈来实现的。
And the way we built it out, the big tech paradigm, the way we built it out was through walled gardens, through big tech walled gardens.
结果导致我们现在面临的问题是:在数字时代失去了自由。
And as a result, the issue we're seeing now is we do not have freedom in the digital age.
我们正处在一个奇怪的时代:人类文明蓬勃发展,生产力持续增长,一切看似很好。
We're in a weird time where humanity is flourishing and productivity is growing, and we're doing quite well.
但与此同时,我们却比前人拥有更少的自由。
But at the same time, we have less freedom than the generations before us.
我认为人们内心其实一直在与之抗争。
And I think people inherently struggle with this.
他们无时无刻不在思考这个问题,却没意识到存在更好的出路。
They think about it all the time, but they don't realize there's a better path.
那么这个问题究竟从何而来?
And and where did this problem come from?
这个问题源于商业模式。
This problem came from the business models.
大型科技公司的商业模式本质上是数据监控,主要由广告模式驱动。
The the the business model of big tech is data surveillance, primarily driven by ad models.
我们实际上已成为数字牲畜,他们不断榨取我们的数据。
We've effectively become digital cattle, and they milk us for our data.
我们才是产品,他们榨取我们的全部价值。
We are the product, And and they milk us for all it's worth.
他们将数据出售给其他科技公司,通过我们的注意力获利。
They sell that out to other tech companies, and then they monetize our attention.
因此他们的动机就是让我们上瘾。
So their incentive is to addict us.
他们的动机就是让我们离不开手机,离不开所使用的平台。
Their incentive is to make us tied to our phones and tied to the platforms we use.
那么更好的出路是什么?
So what is the better path?
解决方案在哪里?
What is the solution here?
答案就是开源软件和开放协议。
And the solution is open source software and open protocols.
通过这条道路,我们能赋予个人对生活的自主权和自由选择权。
By going down that path, we can give individuals agency and freedom over their lives, and and they're able to choose the path they want to take.
开源的魅力在于其天然的病毒式传播特性。
The beauty of open source is that it's inherently viral in nature.
它不受个人控制。
It's not controlled by a human.
不受企业控制。
It's not controlled by corporations.
不受政府控制。
It's not controlled by government.
它能够代代相传。
It can it can go through generations.
一代代人无需许可就能改进它、使用它、传播它。
Generations of people improving it, using it, shipping it without permission.
那么我们该如何扩展开放协议?
So how do we scale open protocols?
我们该如何扩展开源?
How do we scale open source?
就像生活中的许多事情一样,金钱主宰着我们周围的一切。
Well, like many things in our life, money rules everything around us.
我认为我们很幸运,拥有一个非常有机且强大的全球开源社区。
And I think we're fortunate that we have a very organic and strong global open source community.
但人生短暂,时间宝贵,我认为我们需要加快速度。
But life is short, and time is of the essence, and I think we need to speed it up.
因此我们加速的方式是为全球众多利用个人时间贡献的开源开发者提供资金和其他支持。
So the way we speed it up is by providing financial and other support to the many open source contributors around the world that are doing this with their own time.
他们是在奉献自己的时间。
They're donating their own time.
他们通常从中无法获得收入。
They're oftentimes not making money from it.
所以我们创建了OpenSats,这是一个501(c)(3)非营利组织。
And so we created OpenSats, which is a five o c five zero one c three organization.
100%直达捐赠对象。
100% pass through.
如果你向OpenSats捐款,我们不会从中抽取任何分成,整个项目都运行在比特币上。
If you donate to OpenSats, we do not take a cut of your donations, and we run the whole thing on Bitcoin.
正是比特币让这一切成为可能。
Bitcoin is what makes it possible.
比特币作为无需许可即可存储和使用的开放协议货币,正是这一切的基石。
The open protocol that is Bitcoin, the money that you can save and spend without permission is what makes it possible.
我们得以以极精简的运营模式运作。
We're able to run an incredibly lean operation.
我们能够向40多个国家的受助者发放月度补助金。
We're able to send out monthly grants to recipients in 40 plus countries.
无需电汇。
No wires.
世界仍然以美元运行,所以我们接受美元,但会立即将其转换为比特币。
The world still runs on dollars, so we accept dollars, but we immediately convert it into Bitcoin.
由于比特币是世界上最好的货币,我们国库中的资金比组织有史以来筹集的还要多,这相当不可思议。
And because Bitcoin's the best money in the world, we have more money in our treasury than we've ever raised in a lifetime in the organization, which is pretty, pretty crazy.
但我想暂时回到另外两个我们数字社会赖以扩展的开放协议:互联网和电子邮件。
But I wanna bring it back for a second to another two sets of open protocols that we've scaled our digital society on, which is the Internet and which is email.
显然,互联网已经让社会变得更美好。
Now the Internet has obviously changed society for the better.
我们取得了巨大的进步。
We've improved tremendously.
我们的生产力提高了。
We've been more productive.
人类文明得以繁荣发展。
Humanity has flourished.
但除此之外,一些掠夺性商业模式也借此进一步扩张,导致我们在数字时代失去了自由。
But on top of that, there's been these predatory business models that have scaled it out further, and that's where we end up in this situation where we do not have freedom in the digital age.
在这张图表上,你可能会看到许多大型科技公司,但也能看到作为开放协议的电子邮件,其规模远超其他所有事物。
So on this graphic, you might see, you know, a lot of the big tech companies here, but then you also see the open protocol that is email, and it's absolutely massive in comparison to everything else.
这张图表没有显示的是,约半数发送的邮件来自Gmail——这家私营企业以极具掠夺性的方式垄断了电子邮件服务。
What you don't see on this chart is about half those emails sent are Gmail, which is another private corporation that has scaled that email, but in a very predatory way.
他们会阅读你所有的邮件。
They read all of your emails.
并将这些数据出售给广告商。
They sell that data to advertisers.
随着AI进入视野,他们又找到了一种通过你的数据获利的新模式。
And now that we're seeing AI come into the picture, there's another model where they can also profit off of your data.
不仅卖给广告商,还用来构建大语言模型、建立用户画像,我们将看到这种情况加速恶化。
Not only selling it to advertisers, but building out LLMs, building out profiles on people, and we're about to see it really accelerate and get even worse.
综上所述,我们看到的是开源协议的存在。
So with all that said, what we're seeing is you have open source protocols.
它们的复合效应非常显著。
They compound really well.
扩展性相当不错。
They scale pretty well.
能促进人类繁荣发展。
They promote human flourishing.
但最能推动其规模扩张的是营利性公司。
But what scales them the best is for profit companies.
但历史上这些公司采用的往往是掠夺性商业模式。
But historically, they've had predatory business models.
那么解决方案是什么?
So what's the answer?
答案就是让自由变得有利可图。
The answer is to make freedom profitable.
这才是推动这场运动规模化的关键。
That's what scales this movement.
这才是加速变革的途径。
That's what makes it happen quicker.
这就是10/31项目的意义所在。
And that's where 10/31 comes into the picture.
因为在10/31,我们专注于构建可持续的盈利企业,这些企业在道德上与个人和用户的利益保持一致。
Because at ten thirty one, we are focused on building profitable businesses that are sustainable and ethically aligned with the individual and with the user.
用户不是产品,而是客户,我们的利益与他们一致。
Rather than the user being the product, the user is the customer, and our interests are aligned with them.
这些都是宏观层面,有点抽象的概念。
So all that is really big picture, a little bit abstract.
所以我想深入细节,举几个当前生态系统中正在发生的实例。
So I just wanted to dive in to the nitty gritty, give you some examples of what is happening right now in this ecosystem.
我们支持的企业之一是StartNine。
So one of the companies we're supporting is StartNine.
StartNine是完全开源的。
StartNine's fully open source.
你可以使用StartNine开发的所有功能而无需支付一分钱。
You can use everything StartNine built and never pay them a penny.
你可以完全自主搭建StartNine服务器,永远不用向他们付费。
You can just build out your own StartNine server on your own, never pay them anything.
他们实现的功能是:将我们依赖的云端服务迁移到家中或办公室,轻松自主运行并完全掌控。
And what they enable is the ability to take everything we rely on in the cloud and bring it into your house, bring it into your office, and easily run it yourself and have agency over it.
这时你可能会问,这听起来像个慈善项目。
And so then you ask, well, that sounds like a charity.
并非如此。
No.
他们拥有非常稳健的商业模式。
They have a very strong business model.
通过高级服务和技术支持,他们很快就能实现盈利。
They should be profitable very soon, which is premium services and support.
他们也销售硬件,但你并不必须购买他们的硬件。
They also sell hardware, but you don't need to buy their hardware from them.
就像你可以选择自制iPhone,也可以购买苹果公司精工打造的iPhone。
You can imagine a situation where you could build your own iPhone or you could buy the nice polished iPhone from Apple.
这某种程度上是Start Nine的发展方向。
It's kind of where Start Nine's going.
然后我们还有Maple。
Then we have Maple.
接下来你们会听到一位联合创始人的发言。
You're gonna hear from one of the cofounders right after me.
Maple是一款极其安全的AI,你可以直接与AI聊天,进行完全私密的对话,无需担心它们会建立你的个人档案。
Maple is a incredibly secure AI where you can just chat with the AI, have completely private conversations, not worry about them building a profile on you.
最酷的是他们还提供了开放的API接口。
And what's really cool there too is they have an open API.
他们在云端实现安全防护的方式,让其他人也能在此基础上开发应用。
So the way they do security in the cloud, other people can build apps on top of it as well.
我们可以看到围绕安全、隐私和自主权这些核心理念,正在形成一个更庞大的应用生态系统。
And we can see a greater app ecosystem emerge around these core principles of security and privacy and agency.
接下来是Primal。
Then we have Primal.
Primal正试图在Nostr协议和比特币协议之上,为世界构建一个开放的社交层。
Primal's trying to build an open social layer for the world on top of the Nostril protocol and on top of the Bitcoin protocol.
你完全拥有自己的身份。
You own your identity.
你在互联网上创造的一切都属于你,无论是视频流媒体。
You own everything you build on the Internet, whether it's video streaming.
现在这个内容就是通过Nostr协议流式传输,可以在Primal上观看。
This right now is streaming through Nostr, viewable on Primal.
对于普通用户来说,你只需要在应用商店下载即可。
For the average user, you're just downloading in the App Store.
但最酷的部分是整个技术栈都是完全开源的。
But the coolest part is the entire stack is fully open source.
任何人都可以修改它。
Anyone can modify it.
任何人都可以分发它。
Anyone can distribute it.
任何人甚至可以将整个技术栈出售,如果他们愿意的话。
Anyone can even sell the entire stack if they wanted to.
Primal如何盈利?
How does Primal make money?
Primal通过与用户需求匹配的增值服务盈利,确保同时最大化满足平台和用户的利益。
Primal makes money through premium services aligned with the user, making sure that them and the user are both served to the fullest.
接下来我们说说Strike。
And then we have Strike.
Strike是一家原生比特币企业,它让比特币的使用变得极其简单。
Strike is a native Bitcoin business that just makes it incredibly easy to use Bitcoin.
你可以把它视为Cash App或Robinhood更开放的竞争对手,其基础建立在两大开放协议上——比特币和全球美元稳定币Tether。
You can think of it as a more open competitor to a Cash App or a Robinhood, and it's built on basically two main open protocols, which is Bitcoin and then globally with dollars, Tether.
关键在于,从Strike切换到Robinhood这类平台的迁移成本要低得多。
And the key here is the switching cost from something like a Strike versus something like a Robinhood is significantly lower.
如果Strike辜负用户,只需点击几下,你就能转出比特币,迁移到其他服务。
If Strike fails its users, in a couple clicks, you can remove your Bitcoin, move to a different service.
你可以在Cash App上向他人付款。
You can pay someone on Cash App.
你可以在Robinhood上向他人付款。
You can pay someone on Robinhood.
你也可以通过自主托管的开源钱包付款,而Stripe无法控制这些交易。
You can pay someone on a self custody open source wallet, and Stripe doesn't have control of that.
今天我想留给各位的核心观点是:我们必须让自由变得有利可图。
So what I wanna leave you with here today is our goal needs to make freedom profitable.
我们的目标是建立可持续、盈利且合乎道德的企业,因为任何参与过慈善开源筹款的人都知道这是一场永无止境的苦战。而我们实现规模化、保持可持续性的唯一途径,就是让基于此建立的商业实体能够盈利。
Our goal needs to make sustainable, profitable, ethical businesses because anyone who's ever been involved in fundraising for charitable open source knows it's a forever grind, And the only way we scale, the only way we make this thing sustainable is if we have profitable businesses that are built on top of it.
谢谢大家。
Thank you all.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。