本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗨。
Hi.
我是库梅尔·南贾尼,能和柯南·奥布莱恩做朋友让我兴奋不已。
My name is Kumail Nanjiani, and I feel Twitterpated about being Conan O'Brien's friend.
这太棒了。
That's huge.
大家好,欢迎来到《柯南·奥布莱恩需要朋友》节目。
Hello, and welcome to Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend.
我现在和索诺玛·塞西安、马特·戈雷利坐在一起。
I am sitting here with Sonoma Sesian, Matt Gorely.
你好。
Hello.
嗨。
Hi.
那是什么?
What's that?
我刚才打招呼了。
I said hello.
我 是啊。
I Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
你 你提出了一个问题。
You you brought up an issue.
你涂鸦了这个看起来很酷的家伙。
You doodled as this cool looking guy.
我涂鸦了这个
I doodled this
家伙。
guy.
他穿着——我也不知道为什么涂鸦他,但他穿着农夫工作服。
He's wearing I don't know why I doodled him, but he's he's he's wearing Farmers overalls.
我不知道他有没有穿上衣。
I don't know that he has a shirt on.
他留着大胡子。
He's got a big mustache.
但就是不知道为什么我画了这个人。
Bit that's don't know why I drew this guy.
不知道这家伙是谁。
Don't know who this guy is.
你们俩都那么喜欢七十年代,我觉得那是个胡子很盛行的年代。
You guys both love the seventies so much, which I think is very, like, mustache heavy.
我很好奇为什么你们从来没留过胡子。
I'm just curious why you guys have like, you've never grown a mustache.
我以前留过胡子。
I've had a mustache before.
就只是胡子。
Just a mustache.
就留了胡子。
Just a mustache.
没留多久。
Not for long.
理论上,我真的很
In theory, I really
想这么做。
wanna do it.
我脑海里浮现的是山姆·艾略特的样子。
In my mind, Sam Elliott.
是啊。
Yeah.
但镜子里却是内德·弗兰德斯的样子。
In the mirror, Ned Flanders.
所以你最后留成了内德·弗兰德斯的胡子?
So you come out as Ned Flanders?
我想是的。
I think so.
我觉得我的胡子,首先它不太... 我一直留着络腮胡。
I think that my mustache, it doesn't well, first of all, I've had a beard Yeah.
还有配套的小胡子。
And accompanying mustache.
但单独留小胡子的话,我看起来会像《肮脏的坏蛋》里的迈克尔·凯恩。
But a mustache alone, I would look sort of like Michael Caine in dirty rotten scoundrels.
你知道吗?
You know?
就像是... 但那不是
Like, But it's that's not
个糟糕的造型。
a horrible look.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我是说,那是迈克尔·凯恩的风格。
What I'm saying is it's it's it's Michael Caine.
所以他可以随心所欲,因为他是迈克尔·凯恩。
So he can do anything because he's Michael Caine.
我只是觉得...那样会显得很单薄,而且可能会让人觉得我很邪恶。
I just it it's it's would be kind of thin, and I think I would come across as evil.
我觉得我内心真实的邪恶和猥琐会暴露出来。
Think my true evil would and pervy would come out.
我刚做了件事。
And I just did something.
我拍了组照片,他们给我贴了小胡子,我可以给你看看。
I did a shoot where they put a small mustache on me, and so I can show it to you.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
我看起来像个怪人。
I look like a creep.
好吧。
Okay.
我觉得就是变态。
I think it's just perv.
但如果你能纵容我一下——我知道你会的——让我看看我
But if you can indulge me for a second, which I know you can Let me see if I
要说我爸爸一直留着胡子,他是我认识的最酷的人。
have gonna say my dad has always had a mustache, and he's the coolest guy I know.
所以我觉得如果我是男的,我应该会留胡子。
So I just I'm if I was a guy, I feel like I'd have a mustache.
嘿。
Hey.
要是我有你爸爸那样的胡子,那倒不错。
If I had your dad's mustache, then fine.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且我试过很多次模仿你爸爸的胡子。
And I've tried to imitate your dad's mustache many times.
不。
No.
你不能——你不能拿餐巾纸贴在嘴上就假装是——那根本不是——
You don't you don't taking a dinner napkin and putting it above your mouth is not is not
我给你发过多少次照片?在飞机上拍的,或者在外面时,我把超大号白色餐巾纸放在鼻子下面说:看。
How many times have I sent you pictures I've taken of me on a plane or just me out in the world where I put a very large white dinner napkin under my nose and say, look.
这是你爸爸。
It's your dad.
说真的,次数多得离谱。
Too many times, actually.
太多了吗?
Too many?
我觉得次数还算合理,但确实有点过多了。
I think there's a decent amount of times, and then there's too many times.
但我觉得你只是太着迷了
But I think you're just obsessed
他的胡子,因为你们是
with his mustache because you guys are
哦,等等。
oh, wait.
我们都在看手机吗?
We're both we're all on our phones?
呃,我
Well, I
嗯,我正试着找点东西
Well, I'm trying to find something here.
看看我的照片。
Check my photos.
不过。
Though.
这个哦,找到了。
This Oh, here we go.
找到了。
Here we go.
这个看。
This Look.
那还不错。
That's not bad.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我觉得看起来很酷。
That looks cool to me.
你觉得那个看起来很酷吗?
That's That looks cool to you?
想和那个人做朋友。
Wanna be friends with that guy.
喂?
Hello?
不过想和你做朋友得用那种方式才行。
I wanna be friends with you have to do it that way, though.
看看这个。
Look at this.
看看
Look at
这个这个
this This
这家伙真糟糕。
guy is awful.
真是个糟糕的家伙。
What an awful guy.
我没开玩笑。
I'm not kidding.
我在照片里搜索我有胡子的样子,因为现在可以用AI搜索照片了。
I searched my photos for me with a mustache because you can do, like, AI search of your photos now.
这是谁来着?他叫什么名字?
This is what What was his name again?
吉恩·沙利特。
Gene Shalit.
就是吉恩·沙利特。
Just Gene Shalit.
没错。
That's right.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
这家伙老是被抓。
This guy is constantly being arrested.
这家伙正在...哦,不。
This guy is being Oh, no.
看看那个。
Look at that.
他正被逮捕呢。
He's being arrested.
他正在...对吧?
He's being right?
是啊。
Yeah.
那家伙太糟糕了。
That's a terrible guy.
我可不想变成那样的人。
I don't wanna be that guy.
我不知道。
I don't know.
嗯,十一月胡子月快到了。
I well, Movember's coming up.
也许你们该留胡子。
Maybe you guys should grow mustaches.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
他说得对。
He's right.
我们要不要学那个人?
Should we do like that guy?
留胡子吗?
Have a mustache?
你们说呢?
What do you say?
给我你的肯定。
Give me your Yeah.
告诉我你对这家伙的看法。
Tell me what you think of this guy.
一个坏人。
A bad man.
他看起来就不像好人。
He's a bad look.
而且他的眼神死气沉沉。
And his eyes are dead.
胡子让我的眼睛失去了神采。
The mustache takes the life out of my eyes.
但你们需要浓密、大号的Sam Elliott式胡子。
But you guys need bushy, big, Sam Elliott style mustaches.
你们难道做不到吗?
Can't you make that happen?
比如说,想办法搞定它。
Like, fig figure it out.
我不知道。
I don't know.
有没有那种,类似假发的面部假胡子?
Is there, like, a merkin for faces?
是啊。
Yeah.
那叫假胡子。
It's called a fake mustache.
没错。
Yeah.
我钱包里就装着七个。
I've got seven of those in my wallet.
你不需要知道其他原因。
You don't need to For other reasons you don't need to know.
我有一张照片
I have a picture of
我留胡子的样子
me with a mustache
哎呀,我车里多的是那种照片
Just, oh, I got plenty of those in my car.
我是一系列悬案的幕后黑手
I'm responsible for a a series of unsolved crimes.
我不知道
I don't know.
是啊
Yeah.
如果你们这么迷恋70年代和汤姆·塞立克就太酷了
It'd be cool if you guys just you're you're so into the seventies and Tom Selleck
我知道
I know.
酷家伙们。
Cool guys.
我喜欢汤姆·塞立克。
I'm into Tom Selleck.
爸爸,如果我留胡子的话,因为七十年代时他就留着胡子。
Dad if I had a mustache because in the seventies, he had a mustache.
看那个人。
At that guy.
看到了吗?
See?
是啊。
Yeah.
哦,不是,那个人是谁来着?
Oh, not who's the who's the guy?
谁啊?
Who?
他,他已经去世了。
He's he died.
那个
The
哦,就是那个去世的人。
Oh, the guy that died.
是的。
Yes.
那个去世的胡子男。
The mustache that died.
胡子是什么意思?
Mustache what do you mean?
就是那个留胡子的男人
The guy who the mustache
什么
What are
你在说什么?
you talking about?
有个胡子男。
There's a mustache guy.
就是那个留胡子的超酷家伙
So a really cool guy with the mustache
萨姆·艾略特还
Sam Elliott's still
萨姆·艾略特。
Sam Elliott.
西奥多·罗斯福留过
Theodore Roosevelt had
胡子。
a mustache.
西奥多·罗斯福留过胡子,而且他已经去世了。
Theodore Roosevelt had a mustache, and he's dead.
去世了。
Died.
他去世了。
He died.
他是个很酷的人。
He's a cool guy.
伯特·雷诺兹。
Bur Reynolds.
哦,是啊,去世了,很多年前的事了。
Oh, well, died, yeah, like, years ago.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
你说得好像胡子会杀人似的,他得了胡子癌吗?
You act like the mustache kill he had mustache cancer.
先生,我们无能为力。
Sir, there's nothing we can do.
嗯,你可以把它刮掉。
Well, you could shave it.
我不想刮掉它。
I don't wanna shave it.
哦,好吧,那你就等着死吧。
Oh, well, then you're gonna die.
唉,如果还有办法的话,我想我的时间也不多了。
Well, I guess my time is up if there was only a way.
胡子癌。
Mustache cancer.
你得了胡子癌。
You have mustache cancer.
我们...我们认为无法进行手术了。
We we don't think we can operate.
但如果我只是刮掉呢?
But what if I just shaved?
那样能救你的命,但我们不建议这么做。
Well, that would save your life, but we don't recommend it.
为什么不建议?
Why not?
因为看起来很酷。
Because it looks cool.
这话说得真奇怪。
What a weird thing to say.
天啊。
Oh my god.
好吧。
Alright.
今天我的嘉宾是一位演员、作家兼喜剧演员,他曾主演HBO热门剧集《硅谷》。
My guest my guest today is an actor, writer, and comedian who starred in the hit HBO series Silicon Valley.
他现在在Hulu平台推出了一档新的单口喜剧特别节目,名为《库梅尔·南贾尼的夜间思绪》。
He now has a new stand up special on Hulu called Kumail Nanjiani Night Thoughts.
我啊,能和这位仁兄同台真是倍感荣幸。
I am, I'm delighted with this fellow.
他留胡子会很酷
He'd be cool
的。
with a mustache.
哦,天哪。
Oh, god.
他怎样都酷,没错。
He's cool with anything Yeah.
在我看来是这样。
In my opinion.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
库梅尔·南贾尼,欢迎你。
Kumail Nanjiani, welcome.
推特什么?
Twitter what?
神魂颠倒。
Twitterpated.
你知道这个词吗?
You know that word?
不。
No.
我没有。
I don't.
意思类似于痴迷,但不是那种阴暗的痴迷。
It means like obsession, but not dark obsession.
哦。
Oh.
而且它可能会变得阴暗。
And it could turn dark.
它可能会变得非常阴暗。
It could turn very dark.
Twitterpated就像,当你约会三次后,你会觉得‘这可能有戏’。
Twitter painted as, like, when you're like, you've done three dates, you're like, I think this is something.
你
You
懂吗?
know?
我明白了。
I see.
就是这样。
This is that.
嗯,你和我的约会可不止几次了。
Well, you and I have done more than a few dates.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
我是你的粉丝很久了。
I've been a fan of yours for a very long time.
你对我太好了。
You were so kind to me.
我在华盛顿获得这个了不起的马克·吐温奖时,要在麦克风前感谢你,还有那些出色的喜剧演员都来了——能去华盛顿特区可不是小事,没人会偶然去那里。
I'm gonna thank you on mic when I got this wonderful Mark Twain award in Washington, and these amazing comedians came out, which is a big deal to get to no one goes to Washington DC by accident.
你去那里必须怀着崇高的目的。
You you have to go there with great intention.
确实如此。
That's right.
你们都到场了,你们都来了。
You guys all showed up, and you came.
而且我当时并不负责这件事。
And it was a I didn't I was not in charge.
这有点像是个惊喜派对。
It's kind of like a surprise party.
他们不会告诉你谁会来。
They don't tell you who's coming.
他们不会告诉你的。
They don't tell you.
我只知道最后我要发言,所以我考虑过这个。
All I know is I'm gonna speak at the end, so I thought about that.
但我没想过,我是说,谁会来参加这个?
But I didn't think about, I mean, who's gonna come to this?
而且我非常——我认为很正确地——想过,如果不是必须的话,我是不会去的。
And I very, I think, correctly thought, I wouldn't go to this if I didn't have to.
而你真是太搞笑了。
And you were hilarious.
你做了一个关于我的TED演讲,简直太他妈棒了。
You did a TED Talk about me, and it was fan fucking tastic.
哦,真是太感谢我了。
Oh, thank so much to me.
谢谢你能来。
Thank you for being there.
你为此投入了这么多心思,而且你真是个聪明的喜剧演员。
And you put so much thought into it, and you're such a smart comic.
我非常喜欢。
I loved it.
我非常喜欢。
I loved it.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
这对我意义重大。
It means so much to me.
我本想感谢你的邀请,不过我想应该感谢你的团队。嗯哼。
I was gonna thank you for having me, but I guess I should thank your team Mhmm.
感谢邀请我参加。
For having me there.
是啊。
Yeah.
真的感谢你能来。
Really you coming.
是啊。
Yeah.
对啊。
Yeah.
你知道吗,我在想...
Think you wanna you know what?
我有一份不想见到的人员名单。
I had a list of people I don't wanna see.
哦。
Oh.
他们拿到了那份名单却误解了意思。
They got ahold of that list and misunderstood.
他们没看备注说明。
They didn't read the com.
不想要莱特曼。
Don't want Letterman.
我不想要亚当·桑德勒。
I don't want Adam Sandler.
不要威尔·法瑞尔。
No Will Ferrell.
能受邀出席对我来说意义重大。
It really meant so much to me to be there.
是啊。
Yeah.
这真的、真的对我意义重大,因为我告诉过你,我是因为你才做喜剧的。
It really, really did, because I've told you, I do comedy because of you.
哦,我的天啊。
Oh my god.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
顺便说一句,我觉得这太搞笑了。
It's so funny to me, by the way.
我注意到这个是因为我刚工作完,最近一直在补看这个节目的几集。
I was noting this because I was working and I just got done and I've been catching up on episodes of this show.
你整个人的风格,就是那种自诩为喜剧传奇之类的。
Your whole thing, you're so, like, with them to calling yourself a comedy legend and stuff.
是啊。
Yeah.
然后当有人对你奉承时,你完全招架不住。
Then when someone pays you a con compliment, you cannot fucking handle it.
是啊。
Yeah.
你整个人都崩溃了。
That's You totally crumble.
你做不到。
You can't.
你没法快速转移话题。
You cannot change the subject quickly.
不行。
No.
他只会向下炫耀。
He can only brag downwards.
没错。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
正是如此。
Exactly.
自称贝多芬。
Called yourself Beethoven.
你自称米开朗基罗。
You called yourself Michelangelo.
然后我就说,嘿,柯南。
And then I'm like, hey, Conan.
你简直就是喜剧界的传奇。
You're, like, a true legend in comedy.
看。
Look.
他怎么脸红了?
Why is he turning red?
你就是。
You are.
我是说,这对我意义重大,因为我真的是因为你才从事喜剧的。
I mean, it truly meant so much to me because I genuinely do comedy because of you.
而且你知道,所有这些人都到场了,科尔伯特,所有到场的人,莱特曼。
And, you know, the fact that all these people were there, you know, Colbert, all the people who turned out, Letterman.
莎拉·席尔曼。
Sarah Silverman.
是啊,威尔·福特、威尔·法瑞尔,大家都在那里。
Yeah, Will Forte, Will Ferrell, everybody's there.
这证明了人们对你的看法,还有那些...我上前去打招呼,之前从未见过布莱恩·麦卡恩。
It's a testament to how people see you, and also all the like, I went up to I'd never met Brian McCann.
是啊。
Yeah.
那天晚上我也没真正认识他。
And I didn't really meet him that night.
我只是走过去对他说,《防弹腿》这首歌在我脑海里萦绕了三十年。
I just went up to him and said, I've had I've I've got Bulletproof Legs stuck in my head for thirty years.
是啊。
Yeah.
他说布莱恩·麦卡农是我们伟大的编剧之一,同时也是一名演员,创作了很多作品——他总扮演那个令人失望的联邦快递教皇,这是他的头衔。
He said Brian McCann, one of our great writers who was also a performer and did so many he was the always disappointing FedEx Pope, which was his title.
没错。
Yeah.
还有《防弹腿》,这是其中一首
And Bulletproof Legs, which is one
《我的防弹腿》太搞笑了。
Bulletproof of my Legs is so funny.
这首歌在我脑海里萦绕了三十年。
I've had it stuck in my head for thirty years.
我这么告诉他时,他回了句‘谢谢’
I said that to him, and he was like, thanks.
这真的很有帮助。
That's really helpful.
是啊。
Yeah.
但所有人都在场,那真是个神奇的夜晚。
But all those people being there, and it was such a magical night.
对我来说,那天来得真的很奇怪,当时我还有其他事情,但我还是专程飞过去参加了。
And I truly, for me, like, that day came at, like, this really weird time where I had, like, other stuff, and I flew in for that day.
第二天我就飞走了。
I flew out the next day.
我本想多待一会儿。
I wanted to hang out longer.
但我觉得必须为《圣约》到场,因为它对我太重要了。
But I was like, I have to be there for Covenant because it's so important to me.
说实话,我有点把自己搞紧张了。真的吗?
And I kind of, to be honest, psyched myself out a little bit Really?
到场参加?
Being there?
是啊。
Yeah.
我有点想太多,变得过于紧张,其实我很享受观看大家的表演。
I, like, overthought it and got like way too nervous, and I wanted to be able to like I enjoyed watching everyone.
但这件事对我意义重大,我难免会特别紧张。
But I wanted to really like it meant too much to me for me to not be like super nervous.
哦,这很有意思。
Oh, that's interesting.
完全看不出来你紧张。
It didn't show at all.
我是说,你那个关于TED演讲的想法很有趣,主题是关于一个如此伟大的
I mean, was such a funny idea you had, which was a TED talk about what a such a great
想法。
idea.
这算什么赞美啊。
What a noncompliment.
好吧,你倒是想出了个好主意。
Well, you had a great idea.
呃,并没有。
Well, no.
你知道吗?
You know what?
对我来说关键在于执行。
For me The execution.
执行力。
Execution.
我们都知道你不是个执行力强的人。
We all know you're not an execution guy.
不是的。
No.
不。
No.
但这已经是我最高的赞美了。
But that's my highest compliment.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thank you.
当你灵光一现想到'啊就是这个'的时候,那种感觉真的很棒。
It's really fun when you come up with something where you're like, oh, this is a thing.
这就是我要的。
This is something.
真不敢相信居然没人...你居然
I can't believe nobody You got
要戴那个小耳机。
to wear the little headset.
是啊。
Yeah.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我本来想戴
I wanted wanted to wear
那个小点击器。
the little clicker.
是啊。
Yeah.
你有
You had
点击器和
to clicker and
所有图形。
all graphics.
没错。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且真的很不错
And it was really nice
收到了Sona发来的非常甜蜜的消息,是啊。
to get a very sweet message from Sona Yeah.
然后紧接着就没有其他人了。
And nobody else right afterwards.
你就是这么发给我的。
That's how you sent me.
不需要发一条来自我的消息。
Not have do is a message from me.
不。
No.
你也给我发了一条非常好的短信,同样。
You you sent me a very nice text as well as well.
但能参与其中对我意义重大,你知道有趣的是什么吗?
But it meant so much to me to be there because you know what was interesting?
所以我一直在补听节目。
So I've been catching up.
我不知道这期节目是什么时候的。
I don't know how old this episode is.
如你所知,我是这个播客的忠实粉丝。
I'm as you know, I'm a big fan of this podcast.
我在听你和安迪·萨姆伯格的那期访谈,你们俩都在聊对搞笑喜剧的热爱,以及你们一直有多喜欢它。
I was listening to your interview with Andy Samberg, and you guys were both talking about your love of, like, silly comedy and how you've always loved it.
当我还是个小孩的时候,小小年纪的我就很喜欢。
When I was a kid when I was a little, little kid, I liked it.
我喜欢杰瑞·刘易斯和劳伦·哈代,但当我长到八、九、十岁时,我最不想做的就是显得愚蠢。
I liked Jerry Lewis and Lauren Hardy and Three But as I started getting, like, eight, nine, 10, the last thing I wanted to do was be stupid.
对我来说,感觉聪明非常重要。
It was very important to me to feel smart.
所以我当时不喜欢任何滑稽的东西。
And so I didn't like anything that was silly.
我真的很排斥这类喜剧。
I really rejected it.
我最喜欢的是像《土拨鼠之日》这样的作品,这是一部很棒的电影,但其中蕴含着某种智慧,你懂吗?
My favorite things were like, you know, like, something like Groundhog Day, which was it's a it's an amazing movie, but it's sort of like, there's an intellectual thing to it, you know?
这些才是我真正热爱的东西。
And those were the things I really, like, loved.
而让我重新爱上滑稽喜剧,并意识到它也可以很聪明的,正是你的节目。
And the thing that made me fall back in love with silly comedy and realize that it can be very smart was your show.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
现在我反而很推崇它,你知道,滑稽喜剧其实很难驾驭。
And now I look up to it, you know, like silly comedy is it's it's it's so hard to pull off.
但真的,是你让我重新爱上了它
But really, you made me fall in love
爱上了它。
with it.
嗯,我...呃,谢谢你。
Well, I well, thank you.
我一直认为,正如我在上一个TBS节目中所谈到的,愚蠢与聪明之间存在一个交汇点。
I think one of the things that I've always thought, and I talk about this on the last TBS show, there is this intersection between stupid and smart.
而且
And it's
就像《捉鬼敢死队》里他们交叉光束时那种奇妙的化学反应。
and it's this weird, like, Ghostbusters when they all cross their beams, Like, whatever, there's this magical thing that happens.
我确实认为极致的聪明与极致的愚蠢之间存在交集,我讨论过这个问题。
I do think there's an intersection between really smart and really stupid, and I've talked about that.
这是我毕生的执念。
It's been my obsession in my life.
有那么一个黄金平衡点,但你不可能每次都精准命中。
There's this little golden spot, and you can't hit it all the time.
很难抓住它。
It's hard to get it.
当你真的抓住它时,就像握住一缕月光。
And when you do get it, it's like holding onto a moonbeam.
它在你抓住的瞬间就消失了。
It's gone the minute you get it.
你只能满足于追逐的过程。
And you just have to content yourself with the hunt.
这就是我的信仰。
That is my religion.
我的信仰是偶尔会出现一些非常愚蠢的东西。
My religion is every now and then, there's something where there's this is very silly.
哦,这太蠢了。
Oh, it's so stupid.
等一下。
Wait a minute.
我知道这里正在发生一些聪明的事。
I know something smart's happening here.
这里闪现着些许智慧的火花,但转瞬即逝。
There's a flicker of something smart happening here, but it it doesn't last.
仅仅持续一瞬间。
It's just for a second.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且你无法解释它。
And you can't explain it.
你做不到,但他就是不明白。
You can't, but he doesn't get it.
我当时也不懂,你知道,所以那是你的喜剧,和《瘪四与大头蛋》差不多同时期。
And I didn't, you know, so it was your it was your comedy and Beavis and Butthead around the same Yeah.
我当时就想,显然非常聪明的人也能创作出极其愚蠢的东西。
I was like, well, really stupid stuff can be made by obviously very smart people.
我想聊聊你的工作,然后我
I wanna talk about your work, and then I'm
会把这部分剪掉,全改成关于我的工作内容
gonna edit this out and just make it all about my work.
就让你谈谈获得马克·吐温奖对你意味着什么
Just you talking about what it meant for you to get the Mark Twain prize.
对
Yeah.
而且我觉得你是对的
And how I think you're correct.
柯南都是自己剪辑的
And Conan does all his own editing.
嗯
Yeah.
是啊
Yeah.
确实如此。
Exactly.
他在这方面真的很擅长。
He's really good at it.
我也非常擅长剪辑。
I'm really good at editing.
不过我刚刚看了你的单口喜剧专场《夜思》,真的很喜欢。
But I just watched your stand up special, Night Thoughts, and I really loved it.
你在开场提到的一件事是,你最初是从单口喜剧起步的。
And one of the things that you talk about in the beginning was you started as a stand up.
这很有趣,因为你一开始就强调说:'各位听着',这对你来说非常重要。
And it's fascinating because it's very important to you upfront to say, look, guys.
'我知道你们以为我是个演员现在来玩票说脱口秀,但我最初就是干这行起家的'。
I know you think I'm an actor who's now dabbling in stand up, but I started as a stand up.
最让我觉得有意思的是,我了解你到足以知道——你曾经极度害怕在人前表演,完全不敢站在观众面前。
And what's fascinating to me is I know you enough to know that you were petrified of getting in front of people, Absolutely terrified of getting in front of people.
然而,我不知道是否是你用丝瓜络擦洗了灵魂还是怎样
And yet, I don't know if it was you took a loofah to your soul or something.
你决定要做最让自己害怕的事——站到众人面前
You decided I'm gonna do the thing that scares me the most and get in front of people.
是的
Yeah.
这对你来说是个巨大的障碍
That was a huge hurdle for you.
没错
Yeah.
我是说,我小时候非常非常害羞,所以认识我童年的人看到我现在做这行都很惊讶
I mean, I was a very, very shy kid, so people who know me as a kid, knew me as a kid are very surprised I do this.
实在无法用语言形容,只能说我对单口喜剧的热爱战胜了恐惧
There's really no way to describe it other than I loved stand up too much to not do it.
对我来说,比起登台表演,更可怕的是不去表演
Like, the only thing scarier than doing it was not doing it.
我还记得那种感觉记忆,去参加开放麦表演,报名然后站在一群陌生人面前表演。
And I remember, I have the sense memory of what it felt like to go to an open mic and sign up and go up in front of these people that I didn't know.
而且在芝加哥做这个,那里的喜剧氛围也让人望而生畏。
And doing it in Chicago was a very intimidating comedy scene too.
是的。
Yes.
就像,有点像是粗犷混乱的那种,你懂的。
Like, was kinda like rough and tumble, you know.
而且很多优秀的单口喜剧演员都来自,嗯,我那个时期的圈子。
And and a lot of great stand ups were from from, like, my class there.
但唯一比上台表演更痛苦的事就是不上台表演。
But the only thing that hurt more than doing it was not doing it.
所以这就是为什么——如果真有其他方式能让我说单口相声,比如不用面对观众,其实我也确实这么干过不少次。
So that's I really if there was any other way I could do stand up, like, without people in front of me, which I did do actually quite a bit.
没错。
Right.
哦,我刚想到一个关于这个的非常黑暗的故事。
Oh, I just thought of a very dark story about that.
天啊。
Oh my god.
说来听听。
Let's hear it.
你真的想听吗?
You really wanna hear it?
想听。
Yeah.
想听。
Yeah.
有点好笑,但也挺悲伤的。
It's a little funny, but it's also sad.
我们准备好听这个了吗?
Are we ready for this?
是啊。
Yeah.
你刚刚描述的就是我的生活。
You just described my life.
对啊。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
天啊。
Jesus.
我的自传。
My autobiography.
有点好笑又很悲伤。
A little bit funny and very sad.
好吧,让我试着用不那么沉重的方式来讲这个本质上很悲伤的故事。
Well, let me try and find a palatable way through this inherently very sad story.
我在芝加哥的那段时光,你知道的,当时有我、皮特·霍姆斯、汉尼拔·布里斯、凯尔·基南、马特·布劳恩,还有贝蒂·斯特林这些超级搞笑的人。
So my scene in Chicago, you know, was it was me, Pete Holmes, Hannibal Burris, Kyle Kinane, Matt Braun, like all these Bette Stelling, like all these really, really, really funny people.
而我们中最搞笑的就是这家伙,他叫帕特·普莱斯。
And the funniest one of us was this guy, his name was Pat Price.
他比我们帅,比我们酷,比我们有趣,更受女孩欢迎,还有份很棒的工作。
And he was like better looking than us, he was cooler than us, he was funnier than us, the girls liked him more, he had like a great job.
他就是个超棒的人。
He was just and he was like a great guy.
而且他天生就非常非常幽默。
And he was just like naturally very, very funny.
他讲过这么一个故事,特别好笑:他在芝加哥郊外酒吧演出时,台下只有四个人,其中两个还背对着舞台。
And he told this one story once, very funny story about, he did like this bar show outside Chicago, and there were just like four people, and two of them were facing away.
他朋友当时听他讲这个,朋友就回应说‘是啊’。
And his friend was like his friend was like he was telling his friend this, and his friend was like, yeah.
我觉得可能是
I think it could be
当你成功时,这是个很棒的故事。
a great story when you make it.
比如,我为一个四人表演,结果有两个人转身离开。
Like, I did a show for four people, and two people were turning away.
而帕特只是说,是啊。
And Pat was like, yeah.
但如果我没成功呢?
But what if I don't make it?
那这就是我二十多岁时做的事。
Then that's just what I did in my twenties.
后来帕特·普莱斯去世了。
And then Pat Price passed away.
那时他才三十出头,事发时我们都在芝加哥。
In his early thirties, we were all in Chicago when that happened.
他大概31或32岁。
He was like 31 or 32.
想想发生的事情真是奇怪。
And it's weird to think that is what happened.
我这么说是因为他会觉得这很好笑。
And I only say that because he would think that was really funny.
是的。
Yes.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
他当然会这么觉得。
Of course he would.
是啊。
Yeah.
天啊。
Jesus.
不是我告诉你的那部分。
Not the part I told you.
不是不是那部分
Not not the part where
他得到了纽约。
he gets New York.
不是他去世的那部分。
Not the part where he passes away.
他不会觉得那有趣。
He wouldn't find that fun.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
他我我我猜他讨厌那部分。
He I I I assume he hated that part.
是啊。
Yeah.
但他他是
But he was he was
我看你想逃避这个话题。
I see you trying to get out of this.
他是个非常风趣的人,我们现在还经常谈起他。
He was a really funny guy, and we talked about him still all the time.
这就是那种,你知道的,你可能
And it's just one of the you know, you probably
我不
I don't
不知道你有没有这种情况经常发生,就是那种,我相信你也懂的。
know if you have this where it happens a lot where you're like, I'm sure you know this too.
就是那种情况,明明最有才华、最风趣的人是那个谁,结果现在人家在某个学校当老师。
Where you're like, well, the funniest, the most talented person was that person, and now they're like a school teacher somewhere.
你懂我意思吗?
You know?
这种事经常发生。
That happens all the time.
他们只是
They just
不想继续了而已。
didn't wanna do it.
我是说,就我而言,并没有人比我更有趣。
I mean, my case, there wasn't someone who was funnier than me.
哦,天哪。
Oh, jeez.
我是说,我只是要把事情说清楚。
Mean, I just have to get the record straight.
好吧好吧,确实没有。
Well Well, there wasn't.
我是说,真的没有。
I mean, there really wasn't.
我是说,我觉得有趣的是
I mean, I think what's funny is
通常好吧。
usually Okay.
我会虚构一个人。
I'll invent a guy.
比尔·咕咕布。
Bill Googaboo.
你知道吗?
You know what?
咕嘎布?
Googaboo?
咕嘎布。
Googaboo.
他今天打断了我。
He interrupted me today.
他很棒,而且比我风趣多了。
He was great, and he was so much funnier than me.
这好笑吗?
Is it funny?
然后有一天,他吃了一个巨大的三明治,然后就消失了。
And then one day, he ate a big sandwich made of and he's gone.
你现在开心了吗?
Are you happy now?
我会把他带回来,我会让你重新见到他。
I'll bring him I'll bring you back.
你真是个喜剧传奇人物。
You really are a comedy legend.
这对所有我这个年纪从事喜剧的人来说都是种激励。
That is an inspiration to everyone who's who's doing comedy my age.
不。
No.
当然。
Of course.
而这就是为什么
And and that's why
你是
Are you
要搬走吗?
moving away?
不。
No.
但这就像说不
But it's like no.
但有趣的是它并非如此
But it's so funny how it's not
我是说,
I mean,
这就是全部
it's all the things.
这很有趣
It's funny.
这很悲伤
It's sad.
但当然,随着人生阅历的增长,我已经学会接受这个事实:我遇到过许多绝对出色的人,而有些人似乎永远无法向上攀升
But, of course, you come up through life, and I have learned to embrace the fact that I met so many people who are just absolutely incredible, and some don't seem to move up the ladder.
有些人已不在人世,有些人还在,但机会始终未能降临
And you can some aren't alive, and some are, and it just never quite happened.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且没有原因。
And there isn't a reason.
就是没有。
There just isn't.
对。
Yeah.
我是说,我们非常幸运
It's it is I mean, we we're very lucky that
是的。
Yes.
我们现在能在这里。
We we get to be here right now.
知道吗?
Know?
有个人——我不说名字——他简直才华横溢,每次都能惊艳全场,创意层出不穷。
There's a guy there was one guy, I I won't say his name, who was, like, truly, like, just so brilliant, would kill every time, new ideas every time.
他还是个艺术家。
He was also an artist.
他是个画家。
He was a painter.
他说:‘我好像更喜欢画画多过这个。’
And he was like, I kinda like doing that more than this.
当时我们觉得:‘这对我来说是世界上最重要的事。’
And it was we were it's like, this is the most important thing in the world to me.
而你明明有那样的天赋,却真的不想继续做。
And the fact that you can have that talent and just not really wanna do it.
我永远无法理解那种感受。
I couldn't ever relate to that.
确实。
No.
你说我们很幸运时,真是一语中的。
Well, you hit the nail on the head when you said we're we're lucky.
你之前提到过想法有分量,这点我很赞同。
And you have I was talking earlier about how ideas having a great, like, a weight.
我注意到你专场里很重要的一点是意象运用——当有人用意象真正引起我共鸣时,这对我很重要。
One of the thing I noticed in your special is you have imagery is really important to me when someone has an image that really resonates with me.
在你专场某个部分,你讲到你的猫贝果,兽医说'就给猫吃这些药片',但这是不可能的。
And in one part of your special, you're talking about your cat, Bagel, and how it's impossible a a veterinarian says, just give the cat these pills, like these these pills.
你当时在问'怎么喂?'
And you're saying, how?
因为我最近刚经历过这种事。
Because I've had this experience recently.
我们有三只猫,想让猫吃药片简直难如登天。
We have three cats, and trying to get a cat to eat a pill is impossible.
你当时有个绝妙的描述:你对兽医说'这怎么可能办到?'
And you had this great image, which is you're saying to the vet, like, how is that gonna happen?
我是说,如果你在人类面前放一大盘意大利面,上面放着四颗泰诺
I mean, if you put a big plate of spaghetti in front of a human and it has four Tylenol
摆在最上面
sitting on top
他们肯定会发现
of it, they know.
是啊
Yeah.
我当时就想
I was like,
那画面感太强了,我当场就能想象出你的样子
that is such someone and I could, in that moment, see you.
我是说,我能看到那个画面
I mean, I could see the image.
我能想象出这样的画面:一大盘意大利面放在番茄酱前,上面摆着几颗巨大的泰诺或艾乐维药片
I could see the image of a big plate of spaghetti being put in front of some marinara sauce, and they're these big Tylenol or Aleve pills.
我可能会说,这他妈什么情况?
I'd be like, what the fuck?
是啊。
Yeah.
该怎么办?
What do do?
这是什么?
What is this?
贝果就是这么干的。
That's what Bagel did.
她会绕着药片吃。
She would, like, eat around the pill.
他们当然会这样。
Of course they do.
她心想,这明显不公平。
She's like, this is obviously not fair.
它们就像我们一样。
They're like us.
它们完全就像我们一样。
They're absolutely like us.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
对啊。
Yeah.
我有个长期的赌注关于你也有只猫。
I had a long bet about my You have a cat too.
是啊。
Yeah.
这很有趣。
And that's funny.
我们只是给她喂药片,但她什么都吃。
We're just giving her pills, but she will eat anything.
所以她不会挑食。
So she will not eat around anything.
她连药片都吃。
She eats the pills.
真的吗?
Really?
是啊。
Yeah.
她是我们家的猫——从那以后就戒不掉了。
She's Our cat Well, since then, can't get away from this.
我们家猫确实去世了...哦天啊
Our cat did die Oh last my
天哪。
god.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
有几个悲伤的故事。
Couple It's of downers stories.
抱歉。
Sorry.
不。
No.
不。
No.
老实说,她确实努力想找到些什么。
She was and to be fair try and find something.
那只猫比他们两个都有天赋多了。
That cat was much more talented than either one.
她曾在只有四个观众的开放麦表演,还说'总有一天这会变得好笑'。
She did open mics in front of four people and was like, someday this will be funny.
她根本不在乎。
She just didn't care.
是啊。
Yeah.
她只想舔自己的屁股。
She wanted to lick her own ass.
那就是她
That's all she
想要的 没错。
wanted Exactly.
那是她的'舔我的'
That was her lick my
屁股。
ass.
那是她真正的热情所在。
That was her true passion.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,我曾经有
I mean, I had
一只非常、非常漂亮的猫。
a beautiful, beautiful cat.
她的肛门是我见过最丑的东西。
Her butthole was the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
而且它总是——她就只想让我们看那个。
And it was always it's all it's like all she wanted us to see.
她好像在说,你喜欢我的脸,但我的肛门呢?
She was like, you like my face, but what about my butthole?
是啊。
Yeah.
那整个部位呢?
What about like the entirety of it?
女士,请把你的尾巴放下来。
Like, put your tail down, ma'am.
我还是有点羞耻心的。
I have some respect.
它们完全没有羞耻心。
They have no they have no respect.
完全没有。
They don't.
一点都没有。
They don't.
她恨不得要拿个放大镜来
She's about prop up a magnifying glass and
突然出现
just pop
在后面
behind it.
是啊
Yeah.
就像是,没错
It's like, yeah.
她有,像是
She has, like,
不知怎的,无论我看哪里都有个潜望镜
a periscope to it somehow wherever I'm looking.
就像每次我在家里看东西时,最先看到的总是她的屁股
It's like whenever I looked in my house, her her butthole was the thing I saw first.
没错
Yeah.
这很特别。
It's special.
是啊。
Yeah.
我看你表演单口喜剧时的观察是,你兼具出色的创意和形象描述能力。
The observation I had just watching you do stand up was it's that combination of you have great ideas and images.
你的形象描述很棒。
You have great images.
你谈到...我是说我不想剧透你的整个专场,但有个具体桥段你讲到过去找大麻贩子买货时,还得陪他们社交的经历。
You talked about I mean, I wanna not gonna give away your whole special, but there was one specific thing where you're talking about in the old days when you would have a a weed dealer, and you would we're talking about the experience of, you know, when you went to buy it, you need to hang out with them.
就是这种社交环节,你说还得陪他们看会儿《黑客帝国》。
Was just this thing to hang out, and you said, like, and they'd wanna you'd have to watch a little bit of The Matrix with them.
而且,
And again,
确实如此。
that's true.
但那个画面,你选了部完美的电影。
But that image, like, picked you picked the perfect movie.
是啊。
Yeah.
我能想象你坐在一张破沙发上。
And I can see you sitting on a shitty couch Yeah.
在芝加哥看着某些
In the Chicago watching some of the
天啊。
Oh my god.
我记得去这家伙家里时,总是要么人太多,要么人太少。
And I remember going to this guy's house and it was always like, too many guys there or not enough guys there.
要么是17个戴着反戴棒球帽的家伙一起看《黑客帝国》,要么就你和这家伙两人看。
So it's like 17 guys with backwards baseball hats hanging out watching The Matrix or just you and this guy watching The Matrix.
没错。
Right.
我不知道哪种情况更糟。
I don't know which is worse.
而且还有这种情况:你假装和他们做朋友,然后他们拿出体重秤,所有关于这是友谊的伪装都消失了。
And it's also this thing where you're pretending to be friends with them, and then they bring out the weighing scale, and all pretense that this is a friendship is gone.
对吧。
Right.
现在突然就变成了一场纯粹的商业交易。
Now it's suddenly very much a business transaction.
对,对。
Right, right.
我在那里还提到过,芝加哥有个老太太以前常在周末去某些酒吧卖大麻松饼,你会去那里,希望她能出现,这总是充满神秘色彩。
The other thing I talk about there was this old lady used to sell weed muffins in Chicago at certain bars on the weekend, and you'd go, and you'd hope she would show up, and it was always a magical mystery.
你永远不知道她放了多少大麻进去。
You don't know how much weed she'd put in.
所以你根本猜不到吃完会是'毫无感觉'还是'得在床上躺五天'。
So you wouldn't know if it was gonna be like, I don't feel anything, or like, I'm gonna be in bed for five days.
我在这个专场里说这话时,想到的是过去五年我发的每一封邮件,你懂吗?
I say this in the special thinking about every email I've sent in the last five years, you know?
我不想从这个专场里做那些...现在一切都变得非常...这个
I don't wanna like do things from this special, that it's it's And now it's all, you know, very This
这就是你能感受到的确切程度
is exactly how much What you're going to feel.
是啊
Yeah.
我是说,你谈到的部分内容就是这种概念:你可以有首最爱的歌,对你来说它充满魔力
I mean, that's a little bit of what you're talking about is this concept that if you You can have a favorite song, and it's just magical to you.
但如果你开始真正剖析这首歌,听上千遍,理解其中的变化和运作方式,部分魔力就会逐渐消退和消逝
If you start to really break down what the song is and you listen to it a thousand times and you understand what the changes are and how they work, some of the magic starts to rub off and and and erode.
我认为你谈的是我们文化中的这种现象:一旦事物合法化,被贴上标签,所有细节都被彻底解释清楚——这就是你将会嗨到的确切程度
And I think you're talking about this thing in our culture where once things are legalized and then labels are put on them and everything's explained to you very thoroughly, this is exactly how high you're going to get.
而这些可能就是那些画面 正是如此
And this is these are probably the images Exactly.
你将拥有的幻想。
Fantasies you're going to have.
正是如此。
Exactly.
这一切都得到了小罗伯特·肯尼迪的签字认可。
And this has all been signed off by RFK junior.
你知道吗?
You know?
糟了。
Uh-oh.
他批准了吗?他签字时听起来怎么样?他签字时是什么反应?
He's approved it did he sign how did he sound when he signed signed it off?
嗯,我不会
Well, I wouldn't
能够摆脱它。
be able to have it off.
天啊。
Oh god.
不。
No.
他的配音是凯瑟琳·赫本。
He's he's voiced by Katharine Hepburn.
我们都知道这事。
We all know that.
今天。
Today.
你真是个老古板。
You're an old poop.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
我正跟某人说
I was telling someone
我觉得
I think
我是在告诉萝丝·拜恩这件事
I was telling Rose Byrne this.
顺便说一句萝丝·拜恩,我真是
Rose Byrne who By the way, I'm so
对那部电影超期待的
excited for that movie.
顺便说,这可是史上最棒的片名之一
One of the all time great titles, by the way.
是啊
Yeah.
谢谢你宣传我的电影,我也超期待的
Thank you for promoting my movie on I'm so excited for it.
太棒了。
It's great.
但我说的是我的电影。
But I say my movie.
这个项目真正的超级明星是编剧兼导演玛丽·布劳恩斯坦,以及现象级演员罗丝·拜恩。
It really is the the the the superstars of this project are Mary Braunstein, who's the writer, director, and Rose Byrne, who just is a phenomenon.
她无所不能。
She can do anything.
她确实无所不能,我简直爱死她了。
She can do anything, and I love her to death.
但她昨天给我发短信说,你知道的,对。
But she texted me, I think, yesterday and said, you know, yeah.
我要上《辣度挑战》节目了。
I'm I'm doing hot, you know, hot ones.
我在想,到底是什么样的文化环境让她为了宣传电影必须吞下40磅的毒辣鸡翅。
And I thought, what is it about our culture where in order to promote her movie, she needs to ingest 40 pounds of toxins.
这是一种自我折磨。
It's self flagellation.
是啊。
Yeah.
于是我回复她说,如果凯瑟琳·赫本还活着,她可能得上个网络脱口秀节目,坐在马桶上吃辣热狗。
And and so I said I I texted her back, and I said, if Katharine Hepburn were alive today, she'd have to do a web a web talk show where she sits on a toilet and eats a chili dog.
就像,你知道的,我觉得斯宾塞这场戏里该说‘闭嘴,凯瑟琳’。
Like, you know, well, I think with Spencer in this scene, shut up, Katherine.
我们待会儿再聊这个。
We'll get to that in a minute.
你还没拉屎呢。
You haven't pooped yet.
你得拉屎啊,凯瑟琳。
You gotta poop, Katherine.
好吧,行吧。
Well, alright.
我会试试。
I'll try.
我现在还没感觉。
I'm not feeling it just yet.
你不想要个盛大的首映周末吗,凯瑟琳?
Don't you want a big opening weekend, Catherine?
是啊。
Yeah.
你不会走红的。
You're not gonna go viral.
没错。
Yeah.
哦,对。
Oh, right.
我来吃辣热狗。
I'll eat the chili dog.
所以今天会发生的就是这样。
And so it's it's but that's what would happen today.
就像,马龙·白兰度,你现在在演什么?
It'd be like, well, Marlon Brando, what are you in?
嗯,我在演这个,你知道的,叫《码头风云》的东西。
Well, I'm in this, you know, thing called, you know, on the waterfront.
等等,马龙。
Hold on, Marlon.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道的,你得喝下10瓶这种利尿剂。
You know, you've gotta drink 10 bottles of this diuretic.
无论你要说什么,他都已经自己完成了。
Whatever you're about to say, he's done on his own.
总之,他已经过完了他的私生活。
Anyway, so he's done his private life.
比我们任何人都强。
Better than any of us.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道你刚才说的关于意象和片段那些话,我最爱我们这份工作的原因就是——你说得对。
You know what you were saying about how the imagery and bits and stuff, what I love about doing what we get to do is you're right.
我们身处一个神秘感所剩无几的世界。
We're in a world where there isn't that much mystery anymore.
明白吗?
You know?
如果我吃了这颗软糖,我能精确知道会嗨到什么程度。
I know exactly if I eat this gummy, I know exactly the level of high I'm gonna be.
但我觉得当你看电影、电视剧或精彩单口喜剧时,不管什么形式,里面总有些新鲜东西。
But I think when you watch movies, TVs, watch great stand up jokes, whatever it is, there is like new stuff in there.
没错。
Yes.
要在这个世界上获取新东西实在太难了,就像漫步在街头。
And it's it's so hard to get any new stuff, like walking through the world.
但本周我刚在Largo与Melanie和Nick Kroll一起做了场演出,
But then I watch, you know, I just did a show this week with Largo and at Largo with Melanie and Nick Kroll, and
是啊。
Yeah.
看他们的表演时,我就想,这很新颖。
Watching their bits, I'm like, that's new.
我从未听过这样的内容。
I've never heard that.
对。
Yeah.
不知道你是怎么想到的。
Don't know how you thought of that.
如果你解释给我听,我可能完全无法理解。
And if you explain it to me, it wouldn't make any sense.
但这就像是你能体验到的神奇新事物。
But it's like like magical new things that you get to experience.
不。
No.
这就是为什么我热爱看到年轻人才的原因。
That's what that's why I'm I love seeing younger talent.
我喜欢听他们要说的话,因为我会感到惊喜。
I love hearing what they have to say, because I get surprised.
能被惊喜真是太好了。
It's just so nice to be surprised Yeah.
在我这个年纪。
At my age.
当我还能感到惊喜时,真是让我开心极了,你懂吗?
When I can be surprised, it just tickles me pink, you know?
是的。
Yeah.
我知道这个说法是'我乐得脸都红了',但我其实没有
I know the phrase is I'm tickled pink, but I wasn't
这让你乐得脸都红了?
It tickles you pink?
这让我开心到脸都红了
It tickles me to the point where I become pink.
好吧
Okay.
老兄,你本来脸就红
Buddy, you start off pink.
是啊
Yeah.
我本来
I was
正想说,这让你乐得
gonna say, it tickles you you.
它挠痒
It tickles
你你。
you you.
挠我我。
Tickles me me.
我被逗乐了被逗乐了对我来说。
I'm tickled I'm tickled to me.
所以什么都没变。
So nothing nothing changes.
你只是被逗乐了。
You're just tickled.
被逗乐了对我来说。
Tickled to me.
我说我被逗乐了柯南当它发生时。
I say I'm tickled Conan when it happens.
不。
No.
这让我想起,每当我刚从菲律宾拍摄完我的旅行节目回来时,或者当我在加纳、古巴这些地方时,人们总会走过来关心我的健康,因为我不只是白——
This is just reminding me that whenever I just got back from from shooting an episode of my travel show in The Philippines, but whenever I've been and, you know, if I've been in when I was in Ghana, when I go to these places, Cuba, people come up to me, and they are concerned for my health because they I'm I'm not just white.
我是半透明的。
I'm translucent.
是啊。
Yeah.
他们会带着关怀问:'你还好吗?'
And there is a caring, like, are you okay?
我就说:'我们族人天生就长这样。'
I'm like, this is just what my people look for.
隔着其他组织都能看到骨头?
Be able to see the bones through of other layers?
这显得很虚弱。
It conveys a weakness.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
我明白。
I know.
他们很担心。
They're they're concerned.
对。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
我很担心。
I'm concerned.
真贴心。
Sweet.
你在担心。
You're concerned.
每次你旅行时,我真的会担心你回来后的状况,尤其是去气候炎热的地方。
I every time you travel, I'm legitimately concerned when you come back, especially if it's like a hot climate.
我很担心你。
I'm worried about you.
我觉得对你来说,就像人们从水里上来时会得减压病那样?
I feel like for you, it's always like, you know, when people get the bends when they come up out of water?
我觉得对你来说每次坐飞机都是这样,你得先
I feel like for you traveling every time on a plane is that, where you have to like
你知道他们应该怎么做吗?
You know what they should probably do?
他们应该在我每次做完旅行节目后,飞机带我回洛杉矶前,先把我送到爱尔兰的某个田野上。
They should probably anytime I do a travel show, the plane before it takes me back to Los Angeles, it should first take me to a field in Ireland.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
我,我得
I and I have to
在那儿待一周。
be there for a week.
高压舱治疗。
Deep pressure.
你就像超人一样。
You're like Superman.
你得像超人那样从'是'中获取力量。
You have to, like, get power from your Yes.
从你的故土获取力量。
From your land.
这绝对不像超人。
It's definitely not like Superman.
抱歉。
Sorry.
这是唯一的方式
That's the only way
某种程度上是相反的。
Sort of an inverse.
我想他指的是相反的情况,超人。
I think he meant an inverse, Superman.
你唯一像超人的地方就是所有东西对你来说都像氪石。
The only way you like Superman is that it's like everything is kryptonite to you.
是的。
Yes.
我得回去
I have to get back to
我的超级弱点。
my super weakness.
包括太阳——虽然能给他力量,但也会伤害
Including sun, which gives him power, but it hurts
你。
you.
对我来说是阴云和雨天。
It's clouds and rain
没错。
for me.
完全正确。
Exactly.
你知道,我必须问问你,因为你一开始就在特别节目里提到这个——你走出来说别让这些肌肉吓到你。
You know, I have to ask you because you brought it up at the very beginning of your special where you walk out and you say, don't let these muscles freak you out.
它们只是装饰品。
These are just decoration.
纯装饰用的。
They're decorative.
它们只是摆设。
They're for show.
我得说非常令人印象深刻。
I have to say very impressive.
非常令人印象深刻的肌肉。
Very impressive guns.
谢谢夸奖。
Thank you.
它们会派上用场的。
They're gonna do.
喜剧界还有人不怕练得肌肉发达。
Someone else in comedy is not afraid to get jacked.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
你这话是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
你问我这话是什么意思是什么意思?
What do mean what do I mean by that?
你是在说你自己吗?
Are you talking about you?
你是在说我。
You're talking about me.
真他妈壮啊,老兄。
Fucking jacked, man.
是啊。
Yeah.
我很壮。
I'm jacked.
没人
No one
谈论这个。
talks about it.
它
It
这很奇怪,因为现在人们对我看法不同了,他们认为我变了个人,但我知道我并没有变。
is weird because now people perceive me differently, and they think I'm a different person, and I know I'm not.
我一直都是同一个人,从未改变。
I'm exactly the same person I've always been.
是的。
Yep.
我现在只是非常喜欢健身而已。
I just really like working out a lot now.
对啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
但随之而来的还有所有这些其他事情。
And but so all this other stuff that goes with it.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。