本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
在我们开始之前,先做一个警告。
Before we get started, a warning.
本期节目包含对女性和儿童实施暴力和强奸的详细描述。
Today's episode contains graphic descriptions of violence and rape against women and children.
汤姆·弗莱彻将达尔富尔描述为当今世界苦难的中心。
Tom Fletcher describes Darfur as the epicenter of suffering in the world right now.
这简直是一场噩梦。
It's a horror show.
他是联合国最高的人道主义和紧急救援官员。
He's the UN's top humanitarian and emergency relief official.
他上个月接受了美国国家公共电台的采访。
He spoke to NPR last month.
苏丹内战已进入第三年。
Sudan's civil war has entered its third year.
而在十月,准军事快速支援部队从苏丹军队手中夺取了达尔富尔地区的控制权。
And in October, the paramilitary rapid support forces seized control of the Darfur region from the Sudanese army.
弗莱彻刚在那里待了一周。
Fletcher just spent a week there.
你会经过一个又一个由儿童兵把守的检查站。
You're going through checkpoint after checkpoint manned by child soldiers.
你遇到的人们正在挨饿,他们多次被驱离,遭受性暴力,遭受可怕的酷刑和暴行。
You're meeting people who are starving, who've been displaced many times, victims of sexual violence, victims of horrible torture, brutality.
在其中一天,他遇到了一位女士,她从北达尔富尔的首府埃尔塔舍尔逃了出来,那里一个准军事组织一直在围攻这座城市。
During one of those days, he met someone, a lady who had escaped from El Thasher, the capital of North Darfur, where a paramilitary group had been laying siege to the city.
她亲眼目睹自己的孩子在面前被杀,丈夫也在面前被杀。
She'd seen her own child killed in front of her, her husband killed in front of her.
她去邻居家,发现所有邻居都在她面前被杀,于是她抱起了唯一的幸存者——一个两个月大、营养不良的孩子。
She'd gone next door to her neighbors who were all killed in front of her, and she'd scooped up the one survivor, a two month old malnourished kid.
这位女士走了数英里,只为逃命。
This lady, she walked miles and miles just to escape.
途中,她遭到了轮奸。
And on the way, she'd been gang raped.
她的腿断了,但她不知怎么还是找到了我们,我们一直在照顾她。
She'd had her leg broken, but somehow she'd got to us, and we were looking after her.
我们正在拯救那个孩子的生命,努力帮助他们渡过难关,但这只是成千上万个故事中的一个。
We were saving that child's life, and we were trying to help them turn the corner, but that's just one story among thousands.
想想看,达尔富尔的局势十分严峻,数千人丧生,数百万人因战乱流离失所。
Consider this, the situation in Darfur is dire with thousands killed and millions displaced by the fighting.
接下来,我们将听另一位援助工作者讲述他在那里一个国内流离失所者营地所见证的勇气。
Coming up, we hear from another aid worker about the bravery he witnessed at a camp for internally displaced people there.
来自NPR,我是胡安娜·萨默斯。
From NPR, I'm Juana Summers.
本周《早间新闻》,特朗普政府与委内瑞拉。
This week on Up First, the Trump administration and Venezuela.
美国真能像总统所说的那样操控一个外国政府吗?
Can The US run a foreign government as the president says?
他们可能根本不会采纳特朗普希望看到的政策。
They simply may not adopt the policies that Trump would like to see.
这是一个复杂且快速变化的故事。
It's a complex, fast moving story.
和往常一样,我们彻夜工作,每晚如此,你每天早上都能知道哪些事情最重要。
As always, we're working overnight and every night, you can start each morning knowing what matters.
请在NPR应用或你收听播客的任何平台收听Up First。
Listen up first on the NPR app or wherever you get podcasts.
在NPR的《Wildcard》播客中,重量级主持人乔纳森·戈德斯坦讲述了他作为作家的早期岁月。
On NPR's wildcard podcast, heavyweight host Jonathan Goldstein talks about his early years as a writer.
我一直在写作,但没人买我的账。
I was writing, and no one was buying what I was selling.
我就是无法取得任何进展。
I just couldn't get anywhere.
但我还是坚持做下去,因为我感到必须这么做,就像蜘蛛织网一样。
And I just kept doing it because I felt compelled to do it like a spider spinning a web.
请在NPR应用或你收听播客的任何平台收听这场《Wildcard》对话。
Listen to that wildcard conversation on the NPR app or wherever you get your podcasts.
这是来自NPR的‘考虑一下’节目。
It's consider this from NPR.
鲍勃·基钦为国际救援委员会领导紧急人道主义项目,他刚从达尔富尔回来。
Bob Kitchin leads emergency humanitarian programs for the International Rescue Committee, and he's just returned from Darfur.
我抵达了塔维拉,那里有五十万人为逃命而奔逃,如今住在由稻草和薄材料搭建的棚屋中,这是我见过的最大难民营之一。
I've made it through to Taweela where half a million people have run for their lives and now live in straw and flimsy material shelters in one of the largest camps I've ever seen.
达尔富尔再次陷入一场血腥而残酷的内战。
Darfur is once again engulfed in a bloody and brutal civil war.
塔维拉是数十万苏丹人躲避暴力的避难所。
Taweelah is a camp where hundreds of thousands of Sudanese people have taken refuge from the violence.
它坐落在一个盆地中,四周被群山环绕,一眼望不到边。
It sits in a duffs bowl surrounded by mountains and stretches as far as the eye can see.
今天早上我开车穿越了整个营地,一小时后,我们还没走到尽头。
I drove across it this morning, and after an hour, we still hadn't made it to the end.
鲍勃·基钦通过一系列音频日记向NPR分享了他所见到的情景。
Bob Kitchen described what he saw in a series of audio diaries that he shared with NPR.
我是在所谓的寒冷季节来访的。
I'm visiting during the supposedly cold season.
今天早上十一点时,气温已经达到了90华氏度。
It got to 90 degrees Fahrenheit this morning by eleven.
再过几个月,每天的气温都会达到110华氏度。
In a few months' time, that number will be a 110 every single day.
这里真的非常热。
It's really hot.
我注意到的另一件事是,几乎看不到男人。
The other thing I've noticed is there's hardly any men.
我也知道,妇女和儿童正身处这场危机的中心,遭受了严重的暴力。
I also know that women and children have been caught right in the center of this crisis and have faced significant violence.
我明天再分享更多这方面的内容。
I'll share more on that tomorrow.
今天,我有机会参观了这里其中一个营地的妇女和女童健康中心。
Today, I got the chance to visit a women and girls health center in one of the camps here.
我们为女性在分娩前后提供支持,确保她们的安全,并能够安全分娩。
We work with women before and after they give birth to make sure that they are safe and that they're able to give birth safely.
想到要在狭小的庇护所里,面对50万挣扎求生的人群,躺在沙地上分娩,这简直令人不寒而栗,所以我们在这里帮助她们。
The thought of having to give birth on a sandy floor in a tiny shelter surrounded by 500,000 people trying to survive is just a daunting thought, so we're here to help them.
随后,我听取了我们刚刚完成的一项评估报告。
I was then briefed on an assessment that we've just completed.
我们知道,九个月前,位于我们北部的扎姆扎姆营地被攻占时,许多妇女和女孩遭到了强奸。
We knew that when Zam Zam, a camp just to the north of us, was overrun nine months ago, many women and girls were raped.
但上个月,州首府阿尔法西亚陷落,显然,所有逃离城市的妇女和女孩都遭到了强奸。
But in the last month, the Al Fascia, the state capital, fell, it seems clear that essentially every woman and girl was raped as they escaped the city.
现在鲍勃·基奇纳和我们在一起。
And Bob Kitchen is with us now.
谢谢你们邀请我。
Thanks for having me.
鲍勃,你能先谈谈你在最近前往达尔富尔之旅中遇到的、至今仍让你念念不忘的一个人吗?
Bob, start if you can by telling me about someone that you met on your recent trip to Darfur who's still on your mind today?
我遇到了一位年轻的母亲。
I met this young mother.
她亲眼目睹丈夫被杀害,于是抱起她三个年幼的孩子。
She'd seen her husband being killed, so she grabbed her three tiny children.
她自己才23岁,却抱着孩子向南逃亡。
She was only 23 herself, but she grabbed her children and she fled south.
她怀里抱着一个年幼的女儿。
She had a tiny little daughter on her her lap.
她刚刚领到一笔现金。
She just received an amount of cash.
我们正在开展现金发放项目。
We were distributing cash as a program.
她说她打算用这笔钱买食物,给家人买药。
And she said she was gonna spend it on food, she was gonna spend it on drugs for her family.
在这次充满绝望需求的旅程中,唯一明亮的时刻是,她告诉我她的女儿名叫‘希望’。
And at one bright moment in the whole trip of otherwise just desperate need was that she told me that her daughter was called Hope.
我的意思是,你所描述的难民营状况令人震惊且心碎。
I mean, the conditions that you've described from the refugee camp, they're harrowing and heartbreaking.
当前最迫切的需求是什么?
What are the most immediate needs on the ground?
这个难民营离任何地方都太远了。
Well, this camp is just so far away from anywhere.
我们花了三天时间,但最后一段路程是穿越山区,乘坐现代SUV就花了十个小时。
It took us three days, but the last leg of the trip was through the mountains to get there, and that took ten hours in a modern SUV.
我这么说是因为向这个难民营运送援助物资的补给线太长了。
I'm saying that because it's a long supply line to get aid into this camp.
由于这个原因,加上全球人道主义资金的削减,整个人道主义团体仅能满足50%的食物需求、50%的用水需求和50%的厕所数量。
And as a result of that and as a result of the global cuts to humanitarian funding, collectively, the humanitarian communities are only reaching 50% of food needs, 50% of water needs, 50% of the number of toilets in there.
因此,五十万人正挣扎着维持温饱、保持健康,仅仅为了生存。
So half a million people are literally struggling to stay fed, to stay healthy, to stay everything, just to survive.
我听到你在我们播放的音频中提到,那里没有多少男人。
I heard you mention in the audio that we play that there are not many men there.
男人们去哪儿了?
Where did the men go?
他们发生了什么事?
What has happened to them?
因此,妇女和儿童,尤其是非战斗年龄的儿童,有时被允许离开阿尔法西亚。
So women and children, non fighting age children, sometimes were allowed to leave Al Fascia.
这是位于北方约60公里处的主要城市,但男性从未被允许离开。
This is the this is the major city about 60 kilometers to the north, but men were never allowed to leave.
耶鲁大学上周发布了一份报告,称有6万人在阿尔法西亚遇害,仍有15万人下落不明。
Yale University released a report last week suggesting that 60,000 people were killed in Al Fascia, and there's still a 150,000 people missing unaccounted for.
我可以证实这一点。
And I can attest to that.
我的同事,苏德尼在国际救援委员会的同事,每天不停地拨打十几次电话,试图联系他们的亲人,只为了抓住一丝希望,相信他们还活着。
My colleagues, Sudhnee's colleagues who work for the IRC, so many of them are still calling 10 times a day trying to get through to their loved ones with just clinging on to the hope that they're still alive out there.
你还提到,听到了大量关于营地妇女遭受性暴力的报告。
You also discussed hearing extensive reports of sexual violence from the women in the camp.
你能详细谈谈你对苏尔地区性暴力规模和严重性的理解吗?
Can you talk more about how you understand the scale and severity of the sexual violence in the swar to be?
这是最严重的广泛性暴力案件之一,暴力的残忍程度是我见过的最恶劣的之一。
It's one of the worst cases of widespread sexual violence, and the brutality of the violence is, again, amongst the worst I've ever seen.
我曾在塞拉利昂、利比里亚和刚果工作过,二十年前还在苏丹工作过。
I worked in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Congo, and then twenty years ago in Sudan.
有报道称,六个月大的女童在家人面前被强奸,甚至72岁的老年妇女也被强奸——在苏丹,这已是高龄,她们同样在家人面前遭受侵犯。
And this is up there reports of six month old children, girls being raped in front of their family, up to elderly women at the age of 72, which is it's an old age in Sudan, again, being raped in front of their family.
这太可怕了。
It's terrible.
我知道你对达尔富尔有长期的了解。
I know that you have a long history with Darfur.
我了解到,早在2004年,你就帮助设立了国际救援委员会在这一战争中的应对行动,这场战争导致超过二十五万人死亡。
I understand that back in 2004, you helped set up the IRC's response in this war that killed over a quarter of a million people.
这一次有什么不同之处吗?
Is there anything about this time that feels different?
我想,这可能是我这次旅行中最令人心碎的部分。
I suppose that's the saddest part of my trip.
不。
No.
不太算。
Not really.
暴力行为是由同样的武装团体实施的,受害者也是同样的社区。
The violence is being meted out by the same armed groups, and it's the same communities.
那些在第一次流离失所后刚刚返回家园的家庭,如今再次被驱离。
It's the same families that are being displaced after they were displaced the first time.
因此,暴力的循环再次袭来,打击着同样的家庭,而那些在难民营中出生的新一代,如今也不得不为生存而逃亡。
So the the cycle of violence is coming around hitting the same families, but new generations of families who've been born into displacement camps are now having to run for their lives.
你提到,那里发生的暴力行为来自你过去曾见过的同一群人。
You've mentioned that the violence that's happening there, it's coming from the same groups that you've seen historically.
跟我们说说这些人吧。
Tell us about those people.
谁在实施这场暴力?
Who is committing this violence?
这次,交战双方的界限非常明确。
Well, this time, the battle lines are are clear.
暴力发生在苏丹政府和一支分裂出来的军事力量——快速支援部队之间。
The violence is between the government of Sudan and then a breakaway military element called the Rapid Support Forces.
在过去二十年里,他们得到了资助和训练,并在不同国家作战。
Over the last twenty years, they've been funded and trained, and they fought in different countries.
他们现在已经成长为一支装备精良、经验丰富的战斗力量。
They've And now become a highly equipped, highly experienced fighting force.
他们目前占据了苏丹近一半的领土,而政府则控制着另一半。
They now occupy nearly half of Sudan, while the government occupy the other half.
因此,交战的界限和战斗的复杂性虽然发生了变化,但仍然是同一群人在交战。
So the battle lines, the sophistication of the fighting has changed, but it's the same groups that are still fighting.
回想你最近的旅行,有没有哪些时刻特别让你震撼?
Thinking back on your recent trip, were there moments that struck you particularly hard?
或者有没有哪个时刻让你感到充满希望,愿意与我们分享?
Or was there one you'd like to share with us that gave you hope?
我的意思是,最让我震撼的时刻,就是这个营地的规模之大。
I mean, the moments that struck me that were the hardest was just the scale of this camp.
我们有机会参观了其中一个入口,那里是新抵达者进入的地方。
We had the opportunity to visit one of the it's called one of the entries, and it's where new arrivals are arriving.
当我在那里时,不断有驴子和推车带着人们到来,他们设法沿着这条路逃离了持续近一年的战斗和围困。
As I was there, there's donkeys and carts coming in all the time with people who have managed to get down this road away from the fighting and the siege that has been there for the last almost a year.
因此,局势正在不断恶化的感觉,让我难以承受。
So the sense that it's just getting worse was a lot for me to handle.
而谈到希望,苏丹人民能够承受如此程度的暴力与流离失所,实在令人钦佩,他们勇敢地努力维持家庭的完整。
And then in terms of hope, the Sudanese population being able to endure this level of violence and displacement is quite something and they're brave and they're fighting to keep their families together.
当我们进行评估时,人们始终首先提到的需求是食物,但第二重要的需求是教育。
When we do assessments, the first need that people always identify is food, but the second one is education.
他们非常关心自己的孩子。
They care deeply about their children.
他们希望下一代能过上比他们更好、更和平的生活。
They want the next generation to live a better, more peaceful life than theirs.
鲍勃·基奇恩是国际救援委员会紧急事务与人道主义行动的副总裁。
Bob Kitchen, he's the vice president of emergencies and humanitarian action at the International Rescue Committee.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
本集由迈克尔·莱维特和凯伦·扎莫拉制作,音频工程由杰·西兹负责。
This episode was produced by Michael Levitt and Karen Zamora with audio engineering by Jay Siz.
由莎拉·汉德尔剪辑。
It was edited by Sarah Handel.
我们的执行制片人是萨米·叶尼根。
Our executive producer is Sammy Yenigan.
这是来自NPR的《Consider This》。
It's consider this from NPR.
我是胡安娜·萨默斯。
I'm Juana Summers.
天主教会在叙事美学方面,把所有人都比下去了。
The Catholic church in terms of storytelling aesthetics, they got everyone beat.
我是杰西·索恩。
I'm Jesse Thorne.
在《Bullseye》节目中,《利刃出鞘》系列电影的导演瑞安·约翰逊谈到了为什么最新一部设定在天主教大教堂,而不是南加州的大型教堂。
On Bullseye, Ryan Johnson, director of the Knives Out films, talks about why the latest one is set in a Catholic cathedral, not a SoCal mega church.
我成长过程中去的那些教堂,你知道,大多数看起来都像陶艺店。
The churches I grew up in, you know, most of them look like pottery barns.
这就是《Bullseye》。
That's Bullseye.
你可以在NPR应用、maximumfund.org,或你收听播客的任何平台找到我们。
Find us in the NPR app, maximumfund.org, or wherever you get your podcasts.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。