本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
如果你曾与抑郁症抗争,正从伤病中恢复,或经历了失去挚爱等重大人生变故,那么这个播客正是为你准备的。
If you're somebody who struggled with depression, coming back from an injury, or any sort of big life event like losing a loved one, then this podcast is gonna be for you.
我与助理教练艾琳进行了一对一辅导,对象是我们的客户韦斯。
I chat with my assistant coach, Irene, in our one on one coaching client, Wes.
首先,韦斯的个性非常有趣,而且他很擅长表达。
And first off, Wes's personality is really fun, and he's a great speaker.
所以你会很享受听他讲述的过程。
So you'll enjoy listening to him talk.
但他讲述的故事发生在短短几年间,他患上了一种非常罕见的肺部疾病。
But he tells his story about in a span of a couple of years, he got a lung disease, which is very rare.
这是个非常有趣的故事,你会喜欢听的。
It's a very interesting story you'll enjoy listening to.
接着他又受了伤,之后不幸失去了父亲。
And then he got an injury, and then he unfortunately lost his father.
尽管经历了这一切,他还是决定开始专注于自己的健康与健身之旅。
And despite all of these things, he decided to start focusing on his health and fitness journey.
通过这样的努力,他已经减掉了超过30磅。
And from him doing that, he's lost over 30 pounds.
他的腰围减少了超过10英寸。
He's lost over 10 inches on his waist.
他变得比以往任何时候都更强壮。
He's gotten stronger than he's ever been before.
请注意,他最初只是每周锻炼两到三次,每次十五分钟就取得了这些成果。
And mind you, he did all of this by starting out working out two to three times a week for fifteen minutes.
他原本对卡路里、蛋白质和宏量营养素一无所知,但他全心投入并坚持了下来,现在彻底改变了自己的人生。
He didn't know anything about calories, didn't know anything about protein and macros, but he bought in, he decided to commit, and now he's changed his life forever.
我相信这期播客能对你今天的成长之路有所帮助。
So I know this podcast is gonna be able to help you today on your journey.
我建议你记些笔记,或者保存在手机备忘录里随身携带。
I would encourage you to write down some notes or put it in the notes section of your phone that you can take with you.
在进入播客内容前,如果你有兴趣了解更多关于我们一对一在线辅导计划的信息,可以点击下方播客描述中的链接,获取如何与我和我的团队进行一对一合作的详情。
And before we get into the podcast, if you are interested in learning more about our one on one online coaching program, You can click the link in the description of this podcast below to get some more information on how to work with myself and my team one on one.
希望你喜欢,我们下期节目见。
Hope you enjoy, and I'll see you next episode.
说真的,你知道,这很有趣。
Really, you know, it's funny.
首先,恭喜你在挑战中获得第二名。
Like, first and foremost, congratulations on second place in the challenge.
这简直太棒了。
That's super sick.
你和卡莉都像野兽一样强悍,这太酷了。
It's so cool you and Carly both just like fucking savages.
我想还有一个共同点。
And I guess there's one also.
播客里还有一个共同因素,就是艾琳教练。
There's also another common denominator on the podcast here as well, which would be coach Irene.
显然我也得找艾琳教练指导,确保自己也能赢得挑战。
Apparently, I gotta get set up with coach Irene to make sure I can win a challenge too.
所以,内特,恭喜你取得这样的成绩。
So, but, yeah, Nate, congratulations on that.
谢谢。
Thank you.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
那真是场硬仗,我是个竞争心很强的人。
That was a big I'm a competitive person.
我现在还在挑战状态中。
I'm still in the challenge now.
感觉我还在继续这场挑战。
Like, I feel like I'm still doing it.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们一月份的挑战就要来了,到时候...
Well, we do have January's challenge coming up, so that'll be Yeah.
那也会是你大显身手的好机会,老兄。
That'll be something you could rock out with as well, man.
但是,不过还是算了。
But, but no.
听着,伙计。
So listen, dude.
我只是有点想,嗯,我稍微了解一点你的背景故事。
I just kinda wanna, like, I know a little bit of your backstory.
我们之前聊过,就在你加入之前那些事。
We had kinda talked, you know, right before, you know, you joined up and whatnot.
但我觉得这个播客会对大家很有帮助,因为我几乎觉得你当时有无数理由可以不报名,你现在笑是因为你知道这是事实。
But I think this podcast is gonna be really helpful for people because I almost feel like you had every reason not to sign up when you did, and I feel like you're you're laughing because you know it's true.
但是老兄,太多人只会观望。
But, dude, so many people will just look.
他们总会找各种借口拖延开始。
They will look for excuses why they can't start.
而你,即便在周遭一团糟的情况下,依然迈出了第一步。
Whereas you, even in the midst of all the shit that was going on, you still got started.
所以,我想从这里开始聊起。
So, like, that's kind of the first place I wanna start.
第一个问题,老兄,如果你不介意分享的话,在你决定报名的时候,你当时的生活状况是怎样的?
The first question I wanna ask you, man, is, like, number one, if you don't mind sharing as much as you'd like to share, like, what was going on during the time of you, like, deciding to sign up?
第二个问题是,为什么你选择在那种情况下依然决定去做这件事?
And then number two, why did you decide to do it amidst of all of that?
我差点就...或许你不了解我的...但在那个故事之前还有前情你知道的。
I almost so and and maybe you don't know my but the the story before the story you know.
嗯。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
请讲。
Please tell.
我会从头说起。
And I'll I'll take it back.
请继续。
So Please.
我想大概是2023年4月,当时我腰椎问题很严重,体重可能在230到204磅之间波动。
I think, like, April 2023, right, I was having a lot of lower back issues, and I was probably balancing anywhere between 230, 204.
不对。
No.
是220到240磅之间。
Two twenty to two four two thirty.
抱歉。
Excuse me.
那时候我整天都疼得不行。
Was just in pain all the time.
我当时就想,这到底是怎么回事?
And I was like, what am what is wrong?
对吧?
Right?
所以退伍军人事务部,你知道的,在军队服役了将近二十四年。
So the VA, you know, spent twenty three, almost twenty four years in the military.
所以我从退伍军人事务部接受了大量治疗,他们就说,哦,我们会给你打针,会让你好起来的。
And so I was getting a lot of treatment from the VA and they're like, oh, well, we'll give you the shot and it'll make you better.
你知道的,就是在我腰部打了一针类固醇。
You know, steroid shot in my in my lower back.
所以我七月份打了那针类固醇。
So I got the steroid shot in July.
在那之前,我连起床都很困难。
And before that, like, I was struggling to get out of bed.
我走到哪儿都步履维艰。
I was struggling to walk anywhere.
所以我就打了那针。
And so I got that shot.
一周后,我感觉自己重获新生。
And a week later, I was like, I got a whole new lease on life.
对吧?
Right?
就像,让我去做些大事。
Like, let me let me go do something big.
我告诉卡莉,我说我想设定一个健康目标,能真正改变我的那种。
And I told Carly, I said, I wanna do something that's, like, health goal wise that will make me change.
对吧?
Right?
因为我当时的心态是,你知道,我在为体能测试训练,必须完成两英里跑和陆军新体能测试的所有项目。
Because I had that mindset of, like, you know, I'm training for a fitness test, and I have to, you know, two mile run and the new army fitness test, like, do all those events.
这其实没什么大不了的。
Like, it wasn't a big deal.
而且你知道,我是个男人。
And it didn't take you know, I'm a guy.
对吧?
Right?
这就是为什么女人都讨厌我们,我们只要三周就能搞定,砰的一下。
And that's what women all hate us for is, like, it takes us three weeks, and we're like, bam.
好吧。
Okay.
恢复身材了。
Back in shape.
出发吧。
Let's go.
我想要一个能逼我做出改变的事情。
And I wanted something that would force me to make a change.
所以我就想,我要报名参加超级马拉松。
And so I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna sign up for an ultramarathon.
于是我报名参加了北卡罗来纳州海滩的100公里长跑。
And so I signed up for a 100 kilometer run at the beach here in North Carolina.
那是在外滩群岛上下起伏的路线。
It was up and down the Outer Banks.
我现在死活想不起它的名字了。
I can't remember the name of it.
救救我的记性吧。
Save my life right now.
黑胡子的复仇。
Black Beards revenge.
就是这个名字。
That's it.
说对了。
There you go.
好的。
Okay.
于是我就报名了,开始训练,每天跑步。
And so I signed up for that, started training, started running every day running.
我请了一位营养师参与进来。
I got a nutritionist involved.
后来我意识到,我的训练其实不是为了跑步。
And what I came to realize was, like, my training was not training to run.
我的训练是如何在跑步时进食?
My training was how do I eat while running?
如何在跑步时保持能量供给?
How do I maintain fuel while running?
就在这整个疯狂过程中,我病倒了。
Well, in in that whole craziness, I got sick.
对吧?
Right?
当时是2024年1月。
And this is January '24.
我病得非常严重。
I got really sick.
严重到我一直咳嗽,卡莉问我:你到底怎么了?
And to the point, I was, like, coughing, and Carly's like, what's wrong with you?
对吧?
Right?
我说我也不知道。
And I was like, I don't know.
对吧?
Right?
比如,我去看了急诊。
Like, I've gone to urgent care.
我按你说的做了。
I did what you told me.
我吃了所有药——她以前是药剂师,所以她说把药全吃了。
I took all the she was she she was a pharmacy tech back in the day, so she's like, take all the meds.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以我现在在吃这些药。
So I'm taking all these meds.
我去了急诊。
I I go to urgent care.
我去看医生,急诊那边说,你没检测。
I go to the doctor, and urgent care is like, you didn't test.
你的RSV、流感和新冠检测都是阴性。
You tested negative for RSV, the flu, COVID.
这些病你一个都没有。
You don't have any of it.
他们说,很好。
It's like, cool.
咳嗽却加重了。
Cough gets worse.
我就想,好吧。
Like, okay.
太好了。
Great.
对吧?
Right?
又去了同一家急诊中心。
Go back to the same urgent care.
嘿。
Hey.
问题还在。
Still a problem.
所以他们给我开了类固醇、止咳药,还有一些特氟龙小颗粒,我觉得是这些药稍微缓解了咳嗽,但效果不大。
So they give me, like, steroids, cough medicine, and the little, like, Teflon pearls, I think they are, which really kind of took the edge off of the cough, but didn't really.
然后到那周结束时,我又去了急诊中心。
And then by the end of that week, right, I go back to urgent care.
我跟卡莉说,我躺在沙发上。
Well, I told Carly, I said, I'm laying on the couch.
她是个严厉的人。
She's a drill.
然后她说,你为什么不试试不吃泰诺,看看会怎样?
And she goes she goes, why don't you not take Tylenol and see what happens?
比如,看看你的发烧情况会如何?
Like, see how your fever does?
因为每天下午4点,我都会发烧。
Because every day at 04:00 in the afternoon, I spiked a fever.
我当时就想,怎么会有人连续一周每天同一时间准时发烧?
And I was like, this is who spikes a fever at the exact same time every day for a week?
对吧?
Right?
就像钟表一样精准。
Like like clockwork.
我当时就想,又要来了。
I was like, here it comes.
然后她说,别别吃泰诺。
And she goes, don't don't take Tylenol.
让它发作。
Let it hit.
让我们看看你身体的反应。
Let let's see how your body reacts.
我当时想,哦,好吧。
Well, I was like, oh, okay.
这可不太妙。
This is not good.
所以那天下午我去了急诊,而且我换了一家不同的急诊。
So I go to urgent care that afternoon, and I go to a different urgent care.
我进去后,那时我已经烧得滚烫滚烫的,医生在我感觉等了很久之后终于来了。
And I get in there, and and at this point, I'm, like, boiling and boiling, and and the doc comes in after I waited what felt like forever.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他们给我做了胸部X光,因为我咳得太厉害了,结果医生说,他从来没见过这种情况。
And they did a chest X-ray because I was coughing so hard, and he goes, I've never seen this before.
我当时就说,老兄,你在说什么呢?
And I was like, dude, what are you talking about?
对吧?
Right?
他给我看X光片,我的肺部有个像鸡蛋大小的完美圆形阴影,里面充满了不明物质。
And he shows me my X-ray, and then my X-ray is this, like, perfect egg size circle that's full of something in my lung.
我当时就想,哇。
It's like, wow.
好吧。
Okay.
然后他说,你肺上有个洞。
And he goes, you got a hole in your lung.
我立刻说,不可能。
And I was like, no.
我呼吸很正常啊
I'm I'm breathing fine.
我是说,什么叫我的肺上有个洞?
I mean, like, what do you mean a hole in my lung?
然后他说,我也不知道
And he's like, I don't know.
关于这个我也搞不清楚了
I don't know anymore about that.
我只是个医师助理,但你需要去街对面的急诊室
I'm a PA, but I need you to go across the street to the ER.
就这样
So yeah.
所以我可以把这个故事
So I could make this story
不
No.
你得继续坚持下去。
You gotta keep going.
你得继续前进。
You gotta keep going.
是的。
Yes.
好吧,所以我住院了。
Well, so I I'm in the hospital.
对吧?
Right?
然后他们说,嘿。
And they're like, hey.
有我们在呢。
You've got us.
你现在处于,哦,你处于败血症边缘。
You're in oh, you're borderline septic.
我们需要带你上楼,给你用抗生素。
We need to get you up upstairs, get you on antibiotics.
我们不知道哪里出了问题。
We don't know what's wrong.
我正在做CAT扫描以获取更清晰的诊断。
You know, I'm doing the CAT scan to get more definition on that.
然后他们说,好的。
And they're like, okay.
嗯,今天是周六。
Well, it's Saturday.
明天,我们今晚会先稳定你的情况。
Tomorrow, we're gonna stabilize you tonight.
明天,什么都不做。
Tomorrow, nothing.
对吧?
Right?
因为这是一家社区医院。
Because it was a community hospital.
这不是什么大医院。
It wasn't a big thing.
而且他们周末没有足够的工作人员值班。
And they didn't have really a staff that could work all weekend.
所以我得等到周一,等传染病科医生来。
So Monday I have to wait for, infectious disease and.
肺科医生
The pulmonologist.
然后我在大约5点45分被叫醒
And I get woken up at, like, 05:45.
你知道,如果你在医院待久了,就会明白的
You know, if you if you spend a lot of time in the hospital, you get it right.
医院里总有各种检查,所以你其实没法好好睡觉
There's constant checks, so you don't really sleep in the hospital.
当时是凌晨5:45左右,传染病科的医生进来了,一个矮个子、秃顶的老头,他打招呼说:嗨。
And I this is, like, 05:45, the infectious disease, short dude, bald head, walks in, older guy, and he's like, hi.
我听说你有情况需要我们谈谈。
I hear you've got something we need to talk about.
我当时就懵了,我甚至不知道发生了什么。
I was like, I don't even I don't know.
你们只告诉我肺上有个洞,其他我一无所知。
You guys told me I have a hole in my lung, and that's all I know.
然后他说:是啊。
And he goes, yeah.
我们其实也不清楚具体是什么情况,但需要你往这个杯子里吐口痰。
We we don't really know what it is, but I need you to spit in this cup.
我就想:哦,好吧。
It's like, oh, okay.
于是整个星期,我都在往这个杯子里吐痰,还不停地咳嗽。
So all week long, I'm spitting in this cup, and I cough.
我往杯子里吐痰。
I spit in the cup.
他们每四小时取一次样。
They take it every four hours.
到了周末,我...要知道,我一直在用抗生素,就像持续泵入抗生素一样。
By the end of the week, I I and mind you, I've been on antibiotics, like a constant pump of antibiotics.
我一直待在一个禁止入内的房间里。
I've been in a room that was off limits.
基本上,我处于隔离状态。
Like, I was basically in quarantine.
所以他们只允许穿着全套生物防护服的护士进来,还有我妻子和家人——如果他们愿意戴个小口罩的话。
And so the only people that they would let in there were the nurses with a full, like, biological suit, my wife and family with a tiny mask if they wanted to wear it.
我当时就觉得,这说不通啊。
And I was like, this doesn't make sense.
但他们说,又不是肺结核,所以我们也不确定。
And they're like, but it's not tuberculosis, so we're not we're not sure.
他们说需要六到八周才能查出病因。
And they said it's gonna take six to eight weeks to figure out what this is.
结果他们让我在那周末出院了,因为那个囊袋里积了很多液体,已经钙化变硬了。
And it it turns out, like, they let me go home the end of that week and because the the fluid so what happened was that that sack just held a bunch of fluid, and it had, like, hardened, calcified in there.
在那些强效药物治疗下,大部分感染性液体已经排出了。
And so most of the infectious fluid had gotten out on those really harsh meds and and what have you.
六周后他们告诉我:『你检测出MAC阳性,这是一种肺部疾病——对技术宅说明下,是鸟型分枝杆菌复合体。』
So six weeks later, they're like, Hey, you tested positive for MAC, which is a lung disease, mycobacterium avium complex for the nerds out there.
我问:『那意味着什么?』
And I was like, okay, what does that mean?
他们说:『需要两次检测阳性才能确诊。』
And they're like, well, you have to test positive twice.
我说:『看看我那周的所有检测报告,以及之后的复查结果。』
And I said, look at all my tests that week, and the tests I've done since.
『已经两次阳性了。』
Was twice.
实际上不止两次。
It was more than twice.
于是他们说,好吧。
And so they're like, okay.
我们会开始给你治疗。
We'll start you on a treatment.
这些药物非常猛烈,可能会导致你失明。
They're really harsh, and you could lose your vision.
哦,提醒一下,卡莉,我住院时正处于她孕期的头三个月末尾。
Oh, mind you, Carly, when I went into the hospital, was at the end of her first trimester.
天啊。
Jeez.
军方那边的人却说,嘿。
And and on the military side, they're like, hey.
你的肺部有问题,我们只能让你退伍了。
You've got something wrong with your lung, and we're just gonna kick you out.
当时我就在想,我完全不知道这一切的起因是什么。
And I was like so in the midst of fighting all, you know, for what I had no idea what caused this.
对吧?
Right?
以我所知的一切来看,我就在想:我这么一个普通人怎么会突然患上肺病?
So in in everything that I knew, I was like, how do I random guy pick up a lung disease?
最后他们将其归因于环境暴露因素。
Well, they they wound up tying it back to, you know, environmental exposures.
原来是我的肺部存在先天缺陷。
And the, so I had a vulnerability in my lung.
我有哮喘——准确说是本来就患有哮喘——正是这个原因让普通细菌有机可乘。
I have asthma, or I have asthma, but the that's what allowed this everyday bacteria to get in.
这才导致了鸟型分枝杆菌复合体感染。
And that's what created the mycobacterium avium complex infection or disease.
时间快进到八月份的时候——
So fast forward to, I guess, August.
我一直在服用这些药物,它们可能会让我失明或引发各种问题,还给我带来了一堆胃肠道问题。
I've been on these meds that were gonna make me blind or give me all these issues, and they gave me a bunch of GI issues.
比如,如果让我服用抗生素超过三个月,我宁愿直接做手术。
Like, I will never if you've gotta give me antibiotics for more than, like, three months, just let's do the surgery.
直接切除掉吧。
Let's cut it out.
不管是什么身体部位,直接切掉一了百了。
Let's just get rid of whatever body part that is and be done.
是啊。
Yeah.
然后我们就到了八月份。
And so then we get, you know, we get to August.
对吧?
Right?
到了八月,我做了支气管镜检查。
And the August, I've got a bronchoscopy.
我们在医院里,他们却说,你们走错边了。
And we're in the hospital, and they're like, y'all are on the wrong side.
因为卡莉已经怀孕三十六周了。
And because Carly is thirty six weeks pregnant.
所以我们一路走着。
And so we're walking through.
他们就说,哦。
They're like, yeah.
产房在那边。
Labor and delivery is over here.
我们说,不,我们是来看这家伙的。
We're like, no, we're we're here for this guy.
对吧?
Right?
就是我。
It's me.
我就是那个问题。
I'm the problem.
是啊。
Yeah.
我才是那个问题。
I'm I'm the problem.
所以大家都在拿怀孕之类的事情开玩笑。
So everybody has jokes and everything about pregnancy and all this stuff.
而我在这边,呼吸都困难。
And I'm over here like, I I'm having trouble breathing.
这里面有东西,我需要把它弄出来。
There's something in here and I need it out.
所以,我回到家,因为支气管镜检查感觉糟透了。
And so, yeah, like, I get home, I feel like crap from the bronchoscopy.
第二天,卡莉就说,我觉得我要生了。
And the next day, Carly's like, I think I'm gonna have the baby.
我当时就说,不行。
And I was like, no.
我需要恢复。
I need recovery.
这太疼了。
Like, this hurts.
他们刚取出了好多... 对。
They just they just took a bunch of Yeah.
从这一路往下都切除了不少组织。
Chunks out all from, like, here down.
是啊。
And, yeah.
那个周末林克出生了,他真是个可爱的小福星,虽然之后我们什么都做不了,但还挺有意思的。
So that weekend, Link was born, and he's been an awesome little blessing, and a little it it's it's fun because then we're like, well, we can't do anything.
我的肺科医生还说:嘿。
And my pulmonologist was like, hey.
我想切除这个,但我会给你些时间。
I wanna cut this out, but I'm gonna give you time.
因为他妻子——我的肺科医生的妻子——是同一家医院的产科医生。
Because his wife, my pulmonologist wife, is a is an OB at the same hospital.
于是我们一直等到十月。
And so, we went until October.
2024年10月,他们给我做了肺三叶切除术或肺叶切除术,切除了我左肺上部的三个肺叶。
And in October '24, they cut I had a trisagmentectomy or a lobectomy, so they cut the top three lobes of my left lung out.
天啊。
Jeez.
三天后我就出院回家了。
And I went home three days later.
对吧?
Right?
天啊。
Jeez.
我在医院住了七天,试图查明病因。
I was in the hospital for seven days trying to figure out what it was.
他们把它切除了。
They cut it out.
他们说,好了。
They're like, okay.
你可以回家了。
You can go home.
好的。
Okay.
酷。
Cool.
对吧?
Right?
所以请注意,我体内充满了液体、药物等等。
So me mind you, like, packed full of fluids, meds, what have you.
我那时体重240磅,状态很差,几乎什么都做不了。
I'm, like, two hundred and forty pounds, not happy, can't do much of anything.
卡莉说,她想重返工作岗位。
Carly's like, I wanna start back to work.
知道吗,那就是她与你们结缘的开始。
You know, that's where her journey with you guys started.
对吧?
Right?
我记得就是她复工的那个星期,她开始跟着艾琳教练训练,后来的故事你们都知道了。
Was like, the the I think it was that same week where she started back to work, and she started on she started with coach Irene, and, you know, that part, the rest is history.
说实话,头两个月我只是眼红地看着她取得成功。
And so it's been a it it I'll say the first couple months were me just watching her have the success and being jealous.
然后她就说,我必须开始记录卡路里。
And then she's like, I gotta I gotta I gotta track my calories.
我必须记录这些。
I gotta track this.
我当时就说,我不...你去吧。
And I was like, I don't you you go for it.
我会吃你吃的东西,但我会吃你三四倍的量,因为我饿。
I will eat what you're eating, but I'm gonna eat, like, three or four times the amount that you're eating because I'm hungry.
对吧?
Right?
而且每天晚上她都睡得很早。
And, like, every night so she would go to bed early on.
她大概7点就上床睡觉了。
She would go to bed at, like, 07:00.
我不知道你能不能...嗯...
And I don't know if you can yeah.
你应该能看到我背后那些极客玩意儿。
You can kinda see my nerd stuff behind me.
她睡觉后,我就坐在笔记本前摆弄各种微控制器和黑客设备,就是那些道德黑客工具之类的,完全沉浸在极客世界里。
She would go to bed, and I'd sit there on my laptop and, like, play around with, like, different microcontrollers and different hacking gadgets, ethical hacking gadgets and stuff like that and, like, just nerd out.
我就坐在那儿吃椒盐卷饼,嚼着小脆条,能这样持续好几个小时。
And I would sit there and eat pretzels and just chow down on little pretzel sticks, like, for hours.
嗯,是的。
And, yeah.
所以我就觉得,这生活太棒了。
So I was like, this is a great life.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,你知道的,林克已经够让人紧张的了。
And I mean, you know, Link was Link was stressful enough.
所以这就是我减压的方式。
So this was my, like, way to de stress.
然后你知道,她赢了挑战,我就想,好吧。
And then, you know, she wins the challenge, and I'm like, okay.
现在我得集中注意力了。
Now I gotta pay attention.
对吧?
Right?
我想,你们让我用FaceTime来着,对。
And I I think, you know, you guys had me on on FaceTime Yeah.
当你告诉她她赢了的时候。
When you told her she won.
我当时就觉得,因为她冲着楼梯井大喊大叫。
And I was like, because she yells down the stairwell.
我当时想,你胡说八道。
I was like, you're full of shit.
你在说什么啊?
What are you talking about?
我几乎都没怎么...你一直在做这些锻炼。
Like, I have barely like, you've been doing these workouts.
你怎么可能赢呢?
Like, how did you win?
我是说,虽然你确实进步很大,但,你到底在说什么啊?
I mean, not that you haven't made big progress, but, like, what are you talking about?
然后她就说,我就是赢了。
And she's like, I just won.
我就说,不,你没有。
And I was like, no, you didn't.
对吧?
Right?
这也太莫名其妙了吧。
Like, what this is so random.
然后你们就说,嘿。
And then you guys were like, hey.
是啊。
Yeah.
她赢了。
She won.
我当时就说,好吧。
I was like, okay.
哇。
Wow.
对吧?
Right?
所以这很有趣,因为我后来回听了。
And so I it's funny because I I listened back.
就像,我想为和你们一起录这期播客做准备。
Like, I wanted to prepare for having this podcast with you guys.
于是我回听了她的,然后我就想,你知道,三月份以来我们经历了太多变化。
So I listened back to hers, and I was like, you know, in March, we had we've had so many changes.
就像,发生了很多事。
Like, has happened.
而且我记得艾琳在和卡莉的播客里说过,每周都有新情况。
And and I think Irene was saying on the podcast with with Carly that that, like, every week was something different.
每次都有新状况出现。
Like, every time there was something else.
所以我想说,之后我就开始和Carly一起锻炼了,就在她赢得挑战后,因为这显然有效,我也需要跟上节奏。
And so I wanna say so I started working out with Carly after that, right, after she won the challenge because, clearly, it's working and, like, I need to get on board.
但我还是有很多疼痛。
And but I still had a lot of pain.
我当时在想,这是肺部手术的后遗症吗?
And I was like, is this leftover from the lung surgery?
到底怎么回事?
What's going on?
于是我开始看骨科医生,他说,是的。
And so I started seeing an ortho, and he's like, yeah.
不。
No.
我们需要对你的颈椎进行椎间盘融合术,或者更换椎间盘,并进行一些椎体融合。
We need to we need to do some disc fusion in your neck and or replace the disc and and do some vertebrae fusion.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
所以我说,好吧。
So I was like, okay.
那让我尽量做好身体准备。
Well, let me get as physically ready as I can.
于是我开始和卡莉一起健身,就是从那会儿开始的。
So I started lifting with Carly really at at that point.
与此同时,我父亲一直有心脏问题多年,但我想,好吧,我需要多关注并参与进来。
And at the same time, my father was going through He's been going through heart issues for years, but like, was like, okay, I need to pay more attention and be involved.
而且我记得有几次艾琳在电话里听到我父亲因为我在他私人生活里插手而把我骂得狗血淋头。
And and I think Irene was on a call a few times where my dad was just lighting me up for being in his personal life.
尽管我是他的医疗授权代理人和遗产执行人,但我还是说,有些事情我需要你配合完成。
Even though I was his health care power of attorney and, you know, the executor on his estate, and I was like, I need you to like, there's certain things I need you to do.
坚持住。后来我做了手术,戴着颈托,决定开始做播客。
Stay on my And so, yeah, I have the surgery and, like, I'm in a neck brace, and I decide I'm gonna start podcasting.
所以我搞了个小播客。
So I got my little podcast.
伙计们,这太棒了。
You guys That's awesome.
我们开始吧。
Let's go.
是啊。
Yeah.
我明白了。
I see.
我有我的小播客麦克风,所以声音效果不错。
I got my little podcast mic, so I sound good.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Yeah.
然后我开始做一些天气相关的YouTube视频之类的内容。
And I I started doing, like, weather YouTube and and stuff like that.
因为我确实没法在户外做太多事,但我又开始尽可能地和卡莉一起散步了。
Because I couldn't really do much outside, but I started walking with Carly again where I could.
然后我们决定搬家,或者先找房子再搬。
And we decided to move or look for homes and move.
我们给一栋房子出了价,我想我大概已经谈过要开始行动了,或者说我很感兴趣,因为我觉得是时候了。
And we put in an offer on a house, and I think I probably had the conversation about starting, or I was interested because I was like, okay.
我正在恢复健康。
I'm I'm getting healthy.
我要再次扭转局面。
I'm gonna turn it around again.
又到了一年的七月。
It's July again of another year.
比如,开始执行健康目标吧。
Like, let's go with the health goals.
七月对我来说总是很特别。
There's something about me in July.
我又要重新开始了。
I'm a just do it again.
我要报名参加。
I'm a sign up.
顺便说一句,艾琳,记得把这个记下来。
By the way, Irene, make sure you note that down.
今年七月,他打算做点事情,所以你一定要
This July, he's gonna do something, so make sure you
记下来。
make a note.
七月会有事情发生。
Gonna be something in July.
对。
Yeah.
所以我就想,让我来谈谈吧。
And so I just was like, let me have a conversation.
对吧?
Right?
然后你立刻就联系我了。
And you you you hit me up immediately.
你说,嘿。
You're like, hey.
我告诉你,我也跟卡莉说过这话,我绝无恶意,但感觉他给我推销时像个二手车销售员。
And and I'll tell you, and I said this to Carly, and and I don't mean this poorly, but I was like, he gave me the used car salesman pitch.
等一下。
Wait a minute.
很难
Hard it was
很难
hard to
拒绝。
say no.
等一下。
Wait a minute.
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
我不是说这不好,但当时在电话里我根本没法拒绝。
Mean I that in a bad way, but, like, I there was no way for me on on that call to be like, I don't wanna do it.
因为你太有说服力了,既鼓舞人心又风度翩翩。
Because you're you're so like, you're persuasive and motivational, and you had this, like, suave about you.
我当时就觉得,虽然不太想做这件事,但事情还是发生了。
And I was like, I feel like I'm doing something that I don't necessarily wanna do, but, like, it's happening.
我...我不知道该怎么看待这件事。
And I I'm not I don't know how I feel about this.
我当时就想,好吧,我大概是要报名了。
And I was like, I I guess I'm signing up.
不过,行吧,咱们开始吧。
But, yeah, let's let's go.
对吧?
Right?
你就说,没错。
And you're like, yep.
开始吧。
Let's go.
我就说,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
然后我记得就在那周,或者下周,我父亲去世了。
And I think that so then that same week, my dad passed or, like, the next week.
我当时就想,我必须得开始了。
And I was like, I'm I gotta I gotta start.
对吧?
Right?
比如,我不能报名这个或者说我要报名
Like, I can't I can't sign up for this or say that I'm gonna sign up for it.
我知道我需要做出改变
I know that I need to make a change.
很明显,我有先天性的健康问题
Like, clearly, I have congenital health issues.
对吧?
Right?
比如,我父亲患有充血性心力衰竭。
Like, my dad had congestive heart failure.
他父亲也患有充血性心力衰竭衰竭。
His dad had congestive heart failure.
我母亲那边的祖父有心脏问题。
My grandfather on my mother's side has heart problems.
所以这就像是在叠加。
So it's like, this is compounding.
就像,我需要采取行动而且要更早行动,因为我父亲第一次心脏病发作时才48或50岁左右,大概这个年龄段。
Like, I need to do something and do something earlier than because my dad had his first heart attack when he was, like, 48 or 50, somewhere in that range.
所以,我知道我需要提前预防。
So, like, I knew that I needed to get ahead of it.
确实如此。
And yeah.
所以我就想,那就报名吧。
So I was like, let's sign up.
第一个月时...我真希望当时就能开始挑战,因为告诉你和艾琳都知道,上次测量时我的腰围已经减了10英寸。
And that first month I I wish I wish I could have started the challenge then because I'll tell you and and Irene knows this, but, like, my last measurement with you guys, I've lost 10 inches on my waist.
天啊。
Jeez.
从7月开始,大概是7月17或23日,直到上周最后一次测量。
From from starting in July, I think it was July 17 or twenty third until what was the last this past weekend.
大概减了10英寸,或者9英寸半、9又3/4英寸的样子。
It's, like, 10 inches or, like, nine and a half, nine and three quarters.
我打算四舍五入算10英寸,因为这变化实在太惊人了。
I'm gonna round up because it I like, it's huge.
是啊。
Yeah.
但我还没买新运动裤——我就喜欢宽松运动裤的穿着感。
And I gotta buy I I have I'm not buying new sweatpants because I like the way loose sweatpants feel.
不过其他衣服我都得买新的了。
But I gotta buy new clothes everywhere else.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Mhmm.
我说这个是因为——尽管经历了颈部手术的恢复期,尽管肺部出了问题,说实话我原以为自己永远都...医生说过,MAC患者中有20%...20%的患者在五年内会出现并发症。
And I say that because it it despite coming back from the neck surgery, despite the lung thing and where I thought, honestly, I would never like, they they they tell you people with with MAC have a twenty percent twenty percent of patients with MAC wind up, like, the comorbidity rate is twenty percent over five years.
所以,我得在这方面多加注意。
So, like, I've gotta watch it there.
对吧?
Right?
我不想成为那百分之二十中的一员,而且虽然它几乎无处不在,但真正感染的人并不多。
Like, I don't wanna be one of those twenty percent, and there aren't very many of us that get it even though it's, like, on every surface.
我是说,它并非真的无处不在。
I mean, it's not on every surface.
对吧?
Right?
但它确实存在于土壤中。
But it's found in dirt.
所以我必须谨慎行事。
So I have to be careful with what I do.
而且,是啊,这段时间一直受困于这个和颈部的问题。
And, yeah, it's it's been between that, the neck.
所以我明白需要放轻松,不想做太多举重训练。
So I knew I needed to take it easy, and I didn't wanna I didn't wanna do a whole lot of weightlifting.
但我想促使我来到这里并想分享自己故事的原因是,其实我本不必做那么多。
But I guess the thing that that led me to this and wanting to kinda tell my story is, like, I didn't have to do that much.
就像,我确实做了。
Like, I and I did.
对吧?
Right?
这其实是心理战。
It's it's a mental game.
要么准备餐食,要么明白什么不能吃,或者等教练艾琳说'好了,该升级了,等着'。
It's prepping meals or understanding what I can't eat or, like, having coach Irene go, yep, time to move up and wait.
比如,我看了那个视频。
Like, my I I I watched the video.
今天我散步时,忘了1:30还有个会议。
So I was walking today, and I forgot that I had a 01:30 meeting.
但我今天散步了,所以至少在这之前我走了二十分钟。
But I was walking today, so I at least got twenty minutes in before this.
我当时在看你的视频,你就像在说,对,你知道我要说什么。
And I was watching your video, and you're like, yeah, you know what I'm gonna say.
上去等着。
Go up and wait.
但问题是,我的哑铃组已经用到最大重量了。
But like, I've maxed out my dumbbell set.
就是
Like
得弄到
Gotta get
每个动作都要做到位,但你知道,当时用的是1.5磅的。
in on every exercise, but then, you know, it was the 1.5.
所以我就想,哎呀,天哪。
So I'm like, oh, man.
或者我们有,我要为此请愿。
Or we have and I I'm gonna petition this.
我认为你需要改变分段偏心训练,那些是
I think that you need to change segmented eccentric Those are
最棒的。
the best.
改为特别特别版。
To special special edition.
特别版。
Special edition.
特制版。
Special ed.
特别——我就想,哦,又来了。
Special that's I'm like, oh, here we go.
特别版。
Special edition.
是的。
Yep.
没错。
Yep.
所以这就是我们解决我现有哑铃重量不够用问题的方法。
So that's how we get around my maxing out the the dumbbells that I have.
这是个幸福的烦恼。
It's a good problem to have.
是的。
It yes.
然后,昨天的锻炼完成了。
Then, yesterday's workout, got done.
我当时想,最后一组真难。
I was like, that last set was tough.
太残酷了。
Brutal.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嘿,各位,插播一下,有个小问题想问你们。
Hey guys, quick interruption to the podcast with a quick question for you.
今年你有多少次告诉自己‘下周一我要重新开始’,结果却没能做到?
How many times this year have you told yourself I'm starting over fresh Monday and then didn't.
如果你厌倦了独自硬撑,这正是我们一对一辅导项目的意义所在。
If you're tired of white knuckling this on your own, that's exactly what our one on one coaching program is for.
我们会告诉你吃什么、如何训练,并每周为你提供支持,确保你真正坚持下去。
We'll tell you what to eat, how to train, and we'll be in your corner every week, making sure you actually follow through.
如果你想告别不断重启的循环,请点击播客节目说明中的链接,立即申请我们的一对一在线辅导项目。
If you want to stop starting over, click the link in the show notes of the podcast and apply for our one on one online coaching program today.
再次提醒,链接就在播客节目说明中。
Again, that is the link in the show notes of the podcast.
点击节目,点击描述部分。
Click on the episode, click in the description.
链接就在那里等着你。
The link will be right there for you.
现在让我们回到播客内容。
Now let's get back to the podcast.
好吧,老兄,首先,我很高兴你在这里。
Well, dude, that, I mean, so first and foremost, I'm glad you're here.
我很高兴你挺过了所有那些事。
I'm glad you got through all of that.
我很高兴,你知道,最终一切显然都顺利解决了。
I'm glad, you know, everything obviously ended up working out.
而且,我懂你说的那个二手车销售员的比喻,但我觉得...我觉得这很有趣。
And, you know, I know what you mean about, like, the I I get the used car salesman thing, but I think what what I think it's funny.
我觉得这很棒,我很喜欢。
I think it's great, and I love it.
求求你别拿那个。
Please please don't take that.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
当然。
Of course.
我...我不明白。
I I I don't I don't get it.
我不软弱。
I'm not soft.
我保证。
I promise.
一切都很好。
Everything's good.
但我重新提起这件事的原因,韦斯,是因为很多人从未开始行动。
But the the reason I bring that back up, you know, Wes, is because so many people just don't ever start.
他们知道自己应该行动。
They know they should.
他们明白自己必须行动。
They know they have to.
现在正收听这个播客的某位听众,不幸的是,他们的父亲或母亲也因心脏问题、糖尿病或其他健康问题去世了。
There's somebody listening to this podcast right now who, unfortunately, their dad or mom also passed away due to heart issues, diabetes, insert health issue here.
他们知道这是家族遗传,却他妈的就是不采取任何措施。
They know it runs in the family, but they just never fucking do anything about it.
最终他们重蹈覆辙。
And they end up having the same fate.
所以我重提这部分是因为,你选择了真正开始行动。
And so the reason I bring that part back up is because, like, you chose to actually start.
我觉得这对你来说是件了不起的事,伙计,没多少人能做到。
And I I think that's just something for you that not that many people ever do that, man.
真正付诸行动的人只占很小一部分。
There's a small percentage of people that actually do.
所以第一点,我希望你明白——听起来你似乎已经意识到了——但我真心希望你能意识到这一点,因为这就是你现在在这里的原因。
And so number one, I just hope that you know, it sounds like you're aware of that, but I really do hope you are aware of that because that's why you're here now.
是的,艾琳非常了不起。
Like, yes, Irene is amazing.
没错,她是最棒的教练。
Yes, she's the best coach.
对,所有这些美好的特质。
Yes, all these great things.
如果你当初没有迈出第一步,就永远无法体会到她作为教练有多么出色,或是其他种种好处。
And if you never would have started, you would never be able to experience how great of a coach she is or those sort of things.
所以我认为,在所有纷扰中,这是听众们应该领悟到的重要启示。
And so I think that's, I think, a big takeaway for people listening amidst all the chaos.
你还是说了,去他妈的。
You still said, fuck it.
让我们放手一搏吧。
Let's let it rip.
就像,我必须这么做。
Like, I have to do it.
就像,永远不会有完美的时机。
Like, it's it's never gonna perfect time.
我们直接开始吧。
Let's just go.
所以我觉得这很重要。
So I think that's huge.
第二点,我想从教练角度为艾琳提个请求。
Number two, I do wanna ask for Irene from a coaching standpoint.
说起来很有趣,因为你还有卡莉,就像你说的每周都有新状况。
As so it's funny because you had car you have Carly, who also, like, you said every week, there was something new.
所以现在韦斯加入了,每周都有新情况。
So, like, now Wes joins and, like, every week, there's something new.
那么你是怎么应对的呢?
So, like, how did you approach it?
特别是当你刚加入某件事时,你会想着‘我要超级坚持’。
Especially because when you first joined something, you're like, I wanna be super consistent.
我要全力以赴。
I wanna all in.
我要做到完美。
I wanna be perfect.
但生活总是充满变数,作为教练你是怎么处理的?
But, like, with life being crazy, how did you approach that as this coach?
是的。
Yeah.
我认为我有个优势,因为我非常了解他们的家庭关系。
I think that I had a advantage because I understood their family dynamic, like, really well.
我知道林肯每周都会生病。
I knew about Lincoln gets sick every week.
所以每次林肯生病时我都知道,我也知道他们什么时候搬家,比如他们哪天要办理房屋交割手续。
So I know every time Lincoln is sick, I know when the move, I know like, okay, they're closing on the house this day.
我还知道你父亲的情况。
And then I knew about your dad.
卡莉不仅是我的客户,我们还是朋友。
Carly and I, not only is she my client, but we're friends.
我们会聊天,分享所有事情。
So we talk and we share everything.
所以我完全清楚发生了什么。
So I know exactly what's going on.
我认为这帮助我一开始就能对韦斯保持现实态度。
And I think that helped me be realistic with Wes right off the bat.
我当时就说:老兄,你每周锻炼三次,每次大概十五分钟就够了。
I'm like, dude, you're gonna work out three times a week, and it's gonna be like fifteen minute sessions.
如果我没记错的话,你那时可能还戴着颈托,正处于康复初期阶段。
And you're recovering like, at the end of the beginning, if I'm not wrong, you might still have had the neck brace on.
说实话,你可能连走路都不被允许,但你还是走了。
Honestly, you were probably were not supposed to even be walking, but you were.
我在卡莉的视频背景里看到过你。
And I saw you in the background of Carly's videos.
你知道的,韦斯在这方面有点固执,但我们设定了现实的目标。
Oh, you know, Wes is a little stubborn that way, but we made it realistic.
我们让目标变得切实可行。
We made it realistic.
而且简单得离谱。
And it was like crazy simple.
我当时就说,咱们先从饮食开始调整吧。
And I'm like, let's work on your diet.
饮食是你能掌控的,无论你是否在运动。
Your diet is something that you can control, you know, whether you're moving or not.
我们当时就学到了很多。
And we learned a lot right then and there.
我们了解到他的零食习惯,发现早餐对他来说可有可无,甚至经常不吃,这才导致了吃零食的问题。
And we learned about his snacking, we learned that breakfast was, you know, very optional, if not non existent, and that led to the snacking.
后来我们发现了高蛋白饮食的重要性,从那时起,饮食就成了主要关注点。
And then we discovered high protein and that was like, so from there, diet was the main focus.
我记得整个八月,你和卡莉都没法好好锻炼,因为你们卖房子搬家的速度实在太快了。
I think there was probably the whole month of August that both you and Carly couldn't really lift because you like, you sold the house like this quick and you move like this quick also.
所以我们只能尽力而为。
So we just, we made do with what we could.
他们俩的态度都很积极——'好吧,我们尽力而为',而不是说'去他的,现在太难了'。
And there's both of them are very, alright, let's, let's do what we can, instead of like saying, fuck it, it's hard right now.
'等情况好转了再联系你'这种话他们从来不说。
I'll, I'll hit you up when things are better.
他们想的是'我们怎么才能解决这个问题?'
No, it's like, how can we make it work?
确实,他们的家庭氛围是个巨大的优势。
And yeah, I mean, their family dynamic was a huge advantage.
我觉得能这么深入了解你们真的很幸运。
And I think that, that I'm very lucky to get to know you guys so well.
是啊。
Yeah.
这很棒,因为这种‘我能做什么就尽力去做’的心态很重要。
Well, it's awesome because again, I think having having that mindset of like, what can I do?
我会全力以赴做到最好。
And I'm just gonna do that, like to the best of my ability.
哪怕只是十五分钟的锻炼。
It's gonna be a fifteen minute workout.
我知道很多人会说‘十五分钟锻炼根本没用’。
And I know there's so many people who are like, well, fifteen minute workout does nothing.
我不确定。
I don't know.
韦斯的腰围他妈的直接减了10英寸。
Wes just lost 10 inches on his fucking waist.
所以,我觉得这确实有效果。
So, like, I think it does something.
不过那真的很棒。
So, but that's awesome.
我超爱这一点。
I love that.
韦斯,我把话题抛回给你,因为我有点好奇。
Wes, I'll I'll throw it back to you because I'm kinda curious.
刚才艾琳提到了营养问题。
So Irene just mentioned nutrition.
在开始和我们合作之前,你说过看到卡莉在称量食物之类的。
Before you started working with us, I know you said like you saw Carly, like, weighing out her food, doing that stuff.
但在和我们合作前,你对营养学了解有多深?
But before you started working with us, like, how well versed were you in nutrition?
你了解这个吗?
Did you know about it?
你觉得你有良好的基础吗?
Did you did you feel like you have a good base?
并不算有。
Not really.
那么开始后营养方面有什么变化?
Like, how was that change with nutrition once you started up?
我认为是的,而且我也和一些仍在服役的战友说过这个。
I think so and I and I've said this to a few of my, like, military buddies that are still in.
我们在军队里长大,却一直没学好什么能提供功能,什么能提供能量。
We we grow up in the military doing a bad job of teaching what what brings function, what brings fuel.
对吧?
Right?
所以我知道这些,但从未真正付诸实践。
And so I knew I I knew these things, but I never decided to put it in play.
我知道,你知道的,有些人会喝蛋白粉。
I I knew, you know, there's people that drink protein shakes.
对吧?
Right?
而且,哦,我有我的摇摇杯。
And, oh, I got my shaker bottle.
好吧。
Okay.
很好。
Great.
对吧?
Right?
但是,就像,我现在甚至都不随身带摇摇杯。
But, like, I don't I don't even now, I don't carry around a shaker bottle.
我喝那种预调好的,因为很方便。
I I drink the premade ones, because they're just easy.
你知道,我出门时随手拿一瓶,就这样。
And this you know, I grab one on the way out the door, and I I yeah.
那就是我的早餐。
That's that's my breakfast.
但我当时没意识到高蛋白饮食的重要性。
But I like, I didn't realize the importance of a high protein diet.
我也没意识到纤维的重要性。
I didn't realize the importance of fiber.
对吧?
Right?
我觉得大众媒体把美达施宣传得很失败,只说它能帮助排便,却没强调纤维能让你更长时间保持饱腹感。
Like, I think mass media has done a bad job of making Metamucil into this thing that, you know, helps you poop and doesn't say, hey, fiber is good for making you feel full longer.
对吧?
Right?
可能有些听众会觉得,这不是常识吗。
Where, like and some people listen to this might be like, well, that's basic.
是啊。
Yeah.
我明白。
I get that.
但说实话,我心里隐约知道纤维的作用,高蛋白饮食是好事。
But, right, knew in the back of my mind that's what fiber was for, and high protein is a good thing.
但真正付诸行动,去落实并优先考虑蛋白质摄入,又是另一回事。
But, like, taking the steps to go, I need to implement this, and I need to prioritize the protein.
这让我把已知的理论付诸实践,突然就恍然大悟了。
It makes it makes what I knew and putting it into place, like, I'm like, oh, get it.
对吧?
Right?
特别是考虑到前一年,在肺部疾病发作前六个月,我还在为那场最终没能参加的超级马拉松训练。
And especially coming from, you know, the year before the lung disease stuff or six months before, training for that ultramarathon, which I never got to do.
那是在我住院前一个半月或出院后的事,所以根本不可能参赛了。
It was a month and a half before I went into the hospital or after I went to the hospital, so there's no way I was running that.
但是,你知道,我学会了碳水化合物的作用。
But, you know, I learned carbs.
对吧?
Right?
我必须摄入碳水化合物,体重并不重要。
I had to eat carbs and weight didn't matter.
实际上我需要增加体重才能继续坚持下去。
I needed more weight actually to be able to keep going.
老兄,我甚至去看了运动营养师,他们做了汗液测试、尿液测试,研究身体化学反应,让我能持续获得能量,找出哪些方法有效哪些无效。
And I man, I went to the point I was doing my I went to a sports nutritionist and they were doing, like, sweat tests, and urine tests, and, like, figuring out the body chemistry to be able to fuel me longer and what worked and what didn't.
但那完全是另一回事。
But that was that's totally different.
那时候是完全不同的心态。
Like, then it it's a different mindset.
就像,你学习进食是为了持续运动,而我现在需要学习进食是为了变得强壮,不知道这样说是否讲得通。
Like, you're you're learning to eat to keep going, and I needed to learn to eat to be, like, strong, if that makes sense.
我当时以为,在那之后我能直接转变方式,减掉所有多余的体重,同时还能保持健康饮食。
Like, I thought at the end of that, I'd be able to just flip the script and lose all this weight and still be able to eat healthy.
然而,并没有。
Well, no.
如果我像之前那样停止跑步,当我停止跑步时,我体重增加了大约15磅。
If I would have just stopped running as I did, and I gained, like, 15 pounds when I stopped running.
Mac让我减掉了一些体重,但因为我继续保持那种饮食方式,体重又全部反弹回来了。
Like, the Mac made me lose some weight, and then I just packed it all back on because I kept eating that same way.
因为我当时想,哦,我需要补充能量、能量、能量。
Because I was like, oh, I need to fuel, fuel, fuel.
但我没有及时调整过来。
And I didn't turn it off.
对吧?
Right?
所以营养这方面有太多我认为重要的东西,而我当时完全不了解。
And so there's so much of the nutrition side that I think matters that I had no idea.
对吧?
Right?
艾琳问我,你试过高蛋白饮食吗?
And Irene's like, have you ever had a high protein diet?
我说,没有。
And I was like, no.
她接着问,那你每天摄入多少蛋白质呢?
She goes, how how much protein do you take in a day?
我回答,我不知道。
I was like, I don't know.
我不记录这些。
I don't track.
我不是那种会计算卡路里的人。
I'm not I'm not a calorie tracker.
我也不会扫描食物成分。
I don't scan my foods.
我不用MyFitnessPal。
I don't use MyFitnessPal.
比如,我上次用MyFitnessPal还是刚开始健身的时候。
Like, the last time I used MyFitnessPal was and and this was when I first started.
对吧?
Right?
而且我记得你也有这个应用,但那时候还没那么普及。
And and I think you had the app, but it wasn't like widely widely used.
我当时就说,我有个老账号,但得有十年没用过了。
And I was like, I mean, I have an old account, but, I haven't used that in like ten years.
所以我会记录一下。
So I'll track.
对吧?
Right?
我会试试。
I'll try.
于是我开始尝试,心想好吧。
And so I started and I was like, okay.
我按自己的方式来了。
I got my way.
然后挑战开始了,其中一项挑战就是使用这个应用。
And then the the challenge started and part of the challenge was use the app.
我当时就觉得,我得彻底改变习惯才能适应,一开始确实有种文化冲击感。
And I was like, I gotta change everything to to use and and, you know, at first, I was like, there's that, like, culture shock.
对吧?
Right?
就像刚学会某种方式,突然被告知
Like, going from what you just learned how to do to, hey.
别再那样做了,
Don't do that anymore.
我要你改用这种方式。
I want you to do this.
一开始,我觉得用这个应用让我变得不那么负责了,我不喜欢这样。
And at first, I was like, I am less accountable now using the app, and I don't like it.
因为如果我要做这件事,我需要有结构。
Because I if I'm gonna do this, I need structure.
我需要核算。
I need the accounting.
我需要能在这里完成。
I need to be able to do it here.
我需要能去那边的电子表格。
I need to be able to go to the spreadsheet there.
我需要输入数据才能了解数据。
I need to input the data so that I know the data.
现在我感觉,使用你们的应用就像第二天性,因为它实在太方便了。
And now I'm like, I just it's to use your app is, like, second nature because it's it's it's so much easier.
而且我不需要整天在MyFitnessPal和表格之间来回切换了。
And I can I'm not spending all day, like, going back and forth between MyFitnessPal and a sheet.
我就这样,砰的一下。
I'm just like, bam.
就在这里。
Here it is.
或者说,你...我...对。
Or, like, you I yeah.
我看过你所有的短视频。
I've watched all of your reels.
叫我超级粉丝吧。
Call me a super fan.
但就像,你知道的,你在播客里说过类似的话,比如'嘿'。
But, like, you you know, you talk about, like or or in your podcast where you're like, hey.
你知道,我做这个已经够久了。
You know, I've done this for long enough.
我知道自己在做什么。
I know what I'm doing.
我并不是说我还差得远。
And it's not that I'm I'm nowhere near that.
但我可以走进我们的食品储藏室,那是我们根据艾琳的‘十四天挑战’重新整理过的,让我们开始吧。
But, like, I can go into our pantry, which we reorganized based on Irene's fourteen day challenge for Let's go.
距离合同到期还有七天。
Seven days until we hit the contract.
我不擅长设定目标。
I suck at goals.
我不擅长设定目标。
I suck at goals.
所以我们重新整理了所有东西,差不多把储藏室里的东西都重新整理了一遍。
And so we redid everything and, kinda redid everything, in the pantry.
我知道高蛋白食品放在哪里,我们有一个专门放高蛋白食品的箱子。
And I but I know where the high protein we have a high protein, like, bin.
对吧?
Right?
我所有的零食都在那个箱子里。
All my snacks are in that bin.
就像今天,对吧?
And I know, like today, right?
今天早上起床后,我喝了蛋白质奶昔。
This morning, I got up, I had my protein shake.
到了上午中段,我就觉得,好吧,我饿了。
And about mid morning, I was like, okay, I'm hungry.
今早该选哪种蛋白质零食呢?
Which which protein snack do I wanna have this morning?
因为这能让我知道午餐和晚餐能有多少自由空间,哪些时候可以多摄入些蛋白质,哪些时候不行。
Because that's gonna let me know how much freedom I have for lunch and in the evening and where I can where I can push a little bit more protein and where I can't.
我昨天错过了艾琳的挑战,因为到晚上六点我才想起来。
And I missed Irene's challenge yesterday because I was like, oh, I hit it, and it's, like, 06:00 at night.
但她的挑战要求是在下午一点前完成75%的蛋白质目标。
But her challenge was hit 75% of protein goal by 02:00 by 01:00.
我当时就想,我没仔细看。
And I was like, I didn't read.
我为自己草率浏览感到羞愧。
Shame on me for skimming.
靠。
Fuck.
是啊。
Yeah.
不过说真的,虽然我拿这事开玩笑,但能把知识付诸实践真的很棒。
But, yeah, I make this a joke about it, but, like, it is it's phenomenal being able to put knowledge into action.
我觉得艾琳至少帮我做到了这一点。
And I think if anything, Irene's able to do that for myself.
她也帮卡莉做到了。
She's able to do that for Carly.
我知道她也在为其他客户这么做。
I know she's doing it for other clients.
就像,她通过卡莉对我的生活有一种后门般的了解,有时候我会想,我知道你告诉她这些事了。
Like, it is and and she has kind of a backdoor window into my life through Carly that sometimes I'm like, I know you told her these.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
比如,你在那边给谁发短信呢?
Like, who are you texting over there?
对吧?
Right?
比如,我是不是有麻烦了?
Like, am I in trouble?
我会在视频里听到这件事吗?
Am I gonna hear about this in my video?
比如,对。
Like Right.
你明白吗?
This is you know?
但这很有趣。
But it's fun.
告诉你吧,我以前其实不想录视频。
And I'll tell you, I used to like, I didn't wanna record videos.
老兄,我当时就像,呃,我完全投入了这个项目。
Man, I was, like, toe I it I was in the program.
我对这个项目深信不疑。
I was sold on the program.
我对成功深信不疑。
I was sold on the success.
但其中有些步骤,比如追踪记录,对我来说是个巨大跨越。
But, like, some of the steps in it, like tracking to was a big leap for me.
给自己录像对我来说是个巨大跨越。
Recording myself was a big leap for me.
就像,现在我已经融入其中了。
Like, and now I'm in there.
因为我以前经常对卡莉说,你在车库里自言自语是在跟谁说话呢?
Because I used to I used to get on Carly about, like, who are you having conversations with in the garage by yourself?
她会说,我在录音。
She's like, I'm recording.
比如,你在录什么?
Like, what what are you recording?
她会说,健身视频。
She's like, form videos.
酷。
Cool.
嘿。
Hey.
对吧?
Right?
比如,我会突然出现,嘿。
Like, I'd pop in, hey.
是啊。
Yeah.
或者我和林克,嘿。
Or me and Link, hey.
现在林克负责
And now Link does the
在你的视频里吗?
In your videos?
对啊。
Yeah.
在我们所有的视频里。
In all of our videos.
那挺酷的。
That's cool.
你知道吗,我可以通过视频更容易和艾琳对话,就像这样,嘿,这是最近的情况。
You know, I can, it's easier to have a conversation with Irene through my video and be like, hey, this is what's going on.
这就是我的感受。
This is how I feel.
比如今天我感觉糟透了。
Like, today I feel like crap.
因为林克之前得的病现在传染给我了。
Because whatever Link had, it's hitting me.
虽然今天是休息日,但我还是得完成步数目标。
And, but I'm still like, it's a rest day, but I gotta get my steps.
我这周的步数一直不达标。
And I've had poor steps all week.
除了昨天,因为我决定上跑步机完成任务。
Except for yesterday, because I said, I'm gonna get on the treadmill and do it.
然后我做到了。
And I did.
今天也是这样。
And it's been today.
我打算去跑步机上运动,你知道吗?
I'm gonna get on the treadmill, you know?
所以,
So,
是啊。
yeah.
嗯,那挺好的。
Well, that's good.
而且我认为这也是个重要问题——大家都知道该怎么做。
And I think that's a huge thing too with everybody knows what to do.
他们知道我该吃得健康些。
They I should eat healthy.
我应该摄入蛋白质。
I should eat protein.
我应该这么做。
I should this.
但我觉得,教练尤其是艾琳教练做得特别好的地方,就是如何为你量身定制实施方案?
But it's like, I think one of the things that coaching and coach Irene specifically do so well is how do we implement it for you?
因为这对每个人来说都是不同的。
Because that also looks different from person to person.
对吧?
Right?
就像即使是你和卡莉比较,虽然住在同一屋檐下,但作息习惯和思维方式都不同。
Like for even for you versus Carly, like, yeah, you're in the same house, but it's like different routines, different mentalities.
所以关键是要弄清楚,对这个人来说具体该如何落实执行?
Like, so it's figuring out like, what is this gonna look like for this individual to actually go and implement?
光是知道还不够——我专门做过一期播客讲这个。
It's not enough just to like, I did a whole podcast on this.
除非付诸行动,否则光知道理论真他妈没什么用。
It's not enough just to know that really it's kind of fucking worthless unless you put it into action.
所以我觉得这太棒了。
So I think that's awesome.
我很高兴,这并不意外,因为艾琳在她的领域非常出色,但我很高兴你们能找到适合自己的方法并真正落实。
I and I'm glad and it's no surprise because Irene is amazing at what she does, but I'm glad you guys have been able to find that and really work that out for you.
所以我接下来要问你的问题是,艾琳,特别是关于韦斯的情况,我觉得很多人,不仅仅是我们的客户,任何人都可以开始健身、营养和锻炼。
So the next question I have for you, Irene, is with Wes in particular, I feel like, well, know a lot of people, anybody, not just our clients, but anybody can get started with fitness and nutrition and working out.
但如果进展放缓,或者他们没有看到预期的进步速度,甚至完全没有进展,他们不知道该如何调整。
But like, maybe if progress slows down or they're not seeing progress as fast as they want to, not seeing progress at all, they don't know what to adjust.
那么在过去几个月里,你对韦斯做了哪些具体的一、二、三项调整,让他能够持续前进并取得成功,加速进步,或者让他感觉更有掌控感?
So what maybe one, two, three specific adjustments have you made with Wes, particularly in these past, you know, couple of months here that have allowed him to either keep going and be successful, speed up progress, just have him feel more, like, in control?
具体来说,过去几个月你对韦斯的训练方案做了哪些主要调整?
Like, what adjust like, main adjustments have you made to Wes and in kinda his coaching in the past few months?
我是说,当然,我们已经提到了蛋白质摄入。
For I mean, for sure, mean, we already mentioned the protein.
那对他的饮食是最大的改变,因为它解决了很多阻碍他的问题,比如夜间吃零食的习惯。
That was the biggest game changer for his diet because that was it it it fixed so many things that were holding him back, like the snacking at night.
我们发现,嗯,你白天吃得不够。
We found out, well, hey, you're not eating enough during the day.
你跳过了早餐。
You're skipping breakfast.
果然,我们晚上就不再想吃零食了。
Lo and behold, we don't want to snack at night anymore.
所以这改变非常大。
So that was huge.
他对此有些犹豫。
And he was apprehensive about that.
好吧,我试试看。
Like, all right, I'll try it.
然后我们讨论了提前规划饮食。
Then we talked about pre tracking.
直到现在他都不太喜欢这么做,但他现在知道该吃什么了。
To this day, he's not a big fan, but he knows what to eat now.
你知道的,我们对此没意见。
You know, we're okay with that.
但计划这件事,不能随性而为,我们的目标不会靠对着星星许愿就能实现。
But planning, like, can't just wing it, you know, like our goals don't happen by wishing upon a star.
我们必须真正提前规划并认真考虑。
Like we have to actually plan ahead and think about it.
对这一点他也有些犹豫。
A little apprehensive about that one too.
但他还是说,好吧,我会照做的。
But he, you know, he's like, fine, I'll do it.
这就是他的特点。
And that's the thing about him.
他非常愿意接受指导。
He's very coachable.
所以当我最初要求他做某事时,他总是说,好吧,我试试看。
So when I asked him to do something at first, he's like, all right, I'll try it.
然后它就奏效了。
And then it works.
那时候,他开始缓慢但坚定地更接受这个过程。
That's when, you know, he starts slowly but surely more like buying into the process.
接着他开始看到成果。
And then he starts seeing results.
然后他就想,哦,天哪。
And then he's like, oh, crap.
好吧,这确实有效。
Okay, this works.
好吧。
Okay.
我想我实际上在准备时查看了旧邮件,就是为了刷新记忆。
I think I actually was looking at old emails, like, in preparation, just, like, refresh my memory.
我记得,你第一次测量时,前两周就增长了四英寸。
I think, like, the first time you measured in, it was four inches in the first two weeks.
而这一切都是通过持续行动实现的。
And this was through the move through everything.
然后你就会发现,我的短裤变得好松。
And you're like, my shorts are so loose.
你当时超级兴奋。
And you were like super excited.
我想就是从那时起,我开始看论坛视频,开始了解这些并频繁调整你的训练计划。
I think from there is when I started seeing like forum videos, I started all of seeing all of that and adjusting your workouts often.
最初是因为你刚做完手术需要小心,当时你在跟着卡莉的训练计划走——不过不知道你有没有看过卡莉训练,她现在基本上算是我的力量举搭档了。
At first it was because of like, you know, you had just had surgery or trying to be careful and you were following Carly's workouts, but I don't know if you've seen Carly lift like she is basically I'm trying to get her to be a power lifter with me at this point.
我当时就说,韦斯,你现在还不能那么练。
I'm like, yeah, Wes, we can't have you do that right now.
所以我们必须确保安全,毕竟他刚经历过大手术。
So, you know, we had to make sure we were safe and with the major surgeries he had.
而现在我调整他的训练计划是因为他变得超级强壮了。
And now I'm adjusting his workouts because he's getting really freaking strong.
谢天谢地他们有个地雷管,因为哑铃现在对他们俩来说根本不管用了。
And Thankfully, they have a landmine because the dumbbells are just, they're not going to work for either of them at this point.
我们有很多设备,他们还投资建了一个很棒的家庭健身房,所以我们有很大的成长空间,这很令人兴奋。
We have a lot and they've invested into a beautiful home gym, so we have a lot of room to grow and it's exciting.
所以现在主要是微调阶段,这很令人兴奋,因为我们一直在讨论新年的目标,而且韦斯和卡莉的身材都练得超级棒。
So lots of at this point, it's just like we're fine tuning and it's exciting because I we've been talking about goals with the new year coming up and, yeah, like Wes is freaking shredded and so is Carly.
所以他们俩的状态都是‘天啊,我们看起来太棒了’这种程度。
So they're both in a place like, Oh my God, like, we look great.
接下来呢?
What's next?
你知道的,我们一直在讨论这个问题,关于下一步该做什么我们谈了很多。
You know, so we've been talking about that and we have a lot of talks about what to do next.
这很有趣。
It's fun.
这很令人兴奋。
It's exciting.
他们两人都对目标超级投入。
And they were both super committed to their goals.
所以他们,你知道的,我们有些想法,但我们有的是时间。
So they're, you know, we have thoughts, but we have, I mean, nothing but time.
我认为他们现在都明白,这是一辈子的事。
I think they both know at this point, this is for life.
这很棒因为他们都全心投入其中。
And it's great because they're both in it.
他们互相支持,这就是他们的生活方式。
They have each other's support and this is their lifestyle.
他们可以去迪士尼玩还能继续减重——韦斯在迪士尼期间甚至创下了体重新低。
They can go to Disney and still lose weight like Wes saw like all time lows when they were in Disney.
要知道,这可是在挑战期间,而他的态度是'我绝不半途而废'。
Which mind you, this was during the challenge and he was like, I am not missing.
'我们在迪士尼能做些什么训练?'
What can we do while I am in Disney?
所以我给他们俩制定了一份为期三天的酒店房间锻炼计划。
So I wrote him a both of them a three day workout plan that they did in the hotel room.
我觉得韦斯对那个计划也有点犹豫。
And I think Wes was a little apprehensive about that one too.
他说,好吧。
He's like, okay.
然后那天晚上他给我发了消息。
And then he messaged me that night.
他说,天啊。
He's like, oh my god.
是啊。
Yeah.
但他还是完成了。
But he got it done.
而且他在挑战期间一直严格遵守规定。
And he stayed fully compliant with the challenge.
但我的意思是,显然这就是他能取得成果的原因。
And that but I mean, obviously, that's why he has his results.
所以总是灵活调整,随时适应,做他需要做的一切。
So always pivoting, always adjusting, whatever he's got to do.
太棒了,老兄。
That's awesome, man.
我认为这是我们发现最成功人士的最大特质之一,就是你完全投入其中。
And that's I think one of the biggest things about people we find to be the most successful is, like, you're just bought in.
我理解。
Like and I get it.
一开始可能会觉得'天啊我得录视频'之类的,但最终你会全身心投入。
Like, at first, it's, oh, I gotta fucking record videos or I gotta but it's like, you bought you you buy in.
到了某个节点,就直接放手去做。
You like, at some point, just fucking do it.
我们做的这些事确实有效。
Like, the shit we the shit we do works.
我很高兴你有Carly在身边,这很明显。
And I'm glad, like, you had Carly, obviously.
就像你看到的那样,嗯,诸如此类。
It's like you saw and, like, da da da.
但这可能是下一个问题,我确实要注意时间。
But and that's maybe the next and I I definitely wanna be mindful of time.
不过,或许下一个问题我会后悔不问,因为我觉得不问这个对大家不公平,毕竟我们指导过很多人。
But, like, maybe the next question I would be remorse, and I think it would be doing people a disservice not to ask this because I also I mean, we coach a lot of people.
我们指导过很多情侣,但总的来说也指导过很多个人。
We coach a lot of couples, but we coach a lot of people in general.
并不是每个人的伴侣都这么支持,都这么投入。
And not everybody's partner is as supportive, is as bought in.
他们没有共同踏上这段旅程。
They're not on the same journey together.
我记得你一开始提到,你说我想你用的词是'嫉妒',一开始有点嫉妒。
I know you mentioned at first, you said I think you said jealous was the word at first, like, kinda jealous.
这可能是因为,你当时可能无法做太多这类事情。
And that was because, like, you maybe couldn't do as much and that sort of stuff.
但这种情况是怎样的呢?
But what has like, what has that been like?
某种程度上是和卡莉一起进行的。
Kinda doing it alongside with Carly.
比如,你是如何在心理上投入的?在日常家庭生活中,你是如何将这件事纳入常规的?
Like, how have you gone about whether it's, like, mentally committing to it, how have you gone about, like, okay, in a routine, in a household, this is kind of, like, what I do?
因为我知道这个具体事例会帮助到很多人。
Because I know this specific thing will help a lot of people out there.
所以这对你们来说是什么样的体验?
So what has that been like for you guys?
我认为我们互相监督,艾琳可以为此作证。
I think we keep each other accountable, and Irene Irene can can vouch for this.
就像如果卡莉想要什么,她就会去做或者买下来。
Like, if Carly wants something, she's gonna do it or buy it.
对吧?
Right?
所以,我告诉她当我们搬到这栋房子时,初衷是为了离家人更近。
So, like, I told her when we made our move to this house, right, the the idea was we were moving into a new house to be closer to family.
我女儿现在住的地方离这儿一小时车程,但当时是三小时。
My daughter lives, well, now an hour away, but it was three hours away at the time.
因此我们想优先考虑全家团聚的时光,优先考虑和她相处的时间。
And so we wanted to prioritize our time together as a family, prioritize time with her.
但在搬家过程中,我们原本在旧车库墙上安装了一套力量训练架,用着很顺手。
But in the move, what so we had a a a power rack that I had mounted to the wall in the other garage, and it was great.
那是Rogue Fitness品牌的青柠绿色款,
It was one of those, like, it was a rogue fitness, lime green,
嗯哼。
like Yep.
很酷的颜色。
Cool color.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。