本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这里是IELTS能量播客第1465期。
This is an IELTS energy podcast episode fourteen sixty five.
用Instagram获取环境类话题的九分答案模板。
Use Instagram for band nine part three environment answers.
欢迎收听由All Ears English制作的IELTS能量播客。
To the IELTS energy podcast from All Ears English.
节目下载量突破2200万次,由前雅思考官Jessica Beck和雅思高手Aubrey Carter主持。
Downloaded more than 22,000,000 times with former IELTS examiner Jessica Beck and Aubrey Carter, the IELTS whiz.
如果你正困于低分,我们的内部方法将助你获得解锁梦想所需的分数。
If you are stuck with a low score, our insider method will help you get the score you need to unlock your dreams.
现在通过两分钟测试获取你的预估分数段。
Get your estimated band score now with our two minute quiz.
请访问allearsenglish.com/myscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com forward slash myscore.
在本期环境专题的第二部分,我们将分享两个九分标准答案范例。
In this part two of our series on the environment, we share two band nine sample answers.
今天请认真听讲,为这些极其常见的雅思问题做好准备。
Listen in today so you are ready for these extremely common IELTS questions.
奥布里,你能提醒我们雅思口语第三部分会发生什么吗?
Aubrey, can you remind us what happens on IELTS speaking part three?
这些问题通常与你第二部分的内容相关,我是说总是如此。
Often these questions are related to your part two, I mean always.
所以无论你在第二部分两分钟里谈论什么,都会很自然地过渡到第三部分,对吧?
So whatever you talk about for two minutes in part two, it's going to transition really smoothly in part three, right?
考官会说:我们一直在讨论你第二部分的话题。
The examiner's gonna say, we've been talking about whatever your part two is about.
现在我要问你几个相关问题。
Now I'm going to ask you a few related questions.
首先,第三部分在你看到第二部分题目时就给了你一些提示。
So first of all, part three, you get a little bit of a heads up as soon as you see that part two question.
哦,我的第三部分第一个问题将会是关于这个的。
Oh, my first part three questions will be about this.
然后这里有三组问题。
And then you have three sets of questions here.
考官必须提问特定数量的问题。
The examiner has to ask a specific number of questions.
我们之前提到过这一点。
So we've mentioned this before.
你可能会被打断,因为时间有限,他们必须提问一定数量的问题。
You might be interrupted because there's a limited amount of time and they have to ask a certain number of questions.
是的。
Yes.
所以考官有三组可选,但根据你的水平,他们只会问你其中两组问题,对吗?
So the examiner has three sets to choose from, but they're only gonna ask you about two of those groups of questions depending on your level, right?
因为问题难度会逐步增加。
Because they can get progressively more difficult.
考官需要确认你究竟是7分还是8分的水平。
Examiners have to prove to themselves if you are actually a seven or actually an eight.
所以在那些情况下,他们会问你更难的问题。
So in those cases, they're going to ask you harder questions.
但问题是这样的。
But here's the thing.
在第二部分,考生会拿到题目。
In part two, the candidates get the topic.
他们可以阅读题目,对吧?
They can read the topic, right?
在第三部分,他们能看到问题吗?
In part three, can they see the questions?
不能,对吧?
No, right?
这非常不同。
This is very different.
第二部分,你有一分钟时间做笔记并思考你的回答。
Part two, you have a minute to take notes and think about your answer.
幸好如此,因为你得连续说满两分钟。
Good thing, because you have to talk for a full two minutes.
但第三部分的回答通常只有一分钟左右,而且你没有准备时间。
But part three answers are usually about a minute long and you have no time to prepare.
没有时间考虑你的答案。
No time to think about your answer.
就像杰西卡说的,这些问题可能非常难,在现实生活中你可能会说‘让我想想’。
And like Jessica said, these can be very difficult questions that in real life you would probably be like, let me think about this.
我不... 嗯,
I don't Yeah,
是啊。
yeah.
这些通常不是你日常生活中会谈论的话题。
These usually aren't things that you actually talk about like on the daily.
所以我们上次学了环境问题相关的词汇。
So we did environmental issue vocabulary last time.
这是否意味着我们今天要练习第三部分的环境问题?
Does that mean we're gonna do part three environment questions today?
确实如此。
It does.
这是一个非常有趣的系列的第二部分。
This is part two of a very fun series.
如果你错过了第一部分,可以回听之前的节目。
If you missed part one, scroll back, listen to it.
我们分享了很多关于你可能近期没思考过的话题的优秀词汇。
We shared a lot of great vocabulary you can use about topics you might have not have thought about recently.
环境问题,对吧?
The environment, right?
情况正在发生变化。
Things are changing.
过去不算严重的问题现在变得突出了。
Issues that weren't as big of a problem in the past are now.
所以你不想使用过时的资源、过时的参考答案。
So you don't want to be using outdated resources, outdated sample answers.
要保持内容新鲜。
Wanna keep it fresh.
没错,没错。
Exactly, exactly.
所以大家一定要收听1464期。
So definitely guys listen to fourteen sixty four.
那是我们上一期的节目。
That was our last episode.
你可以在听完本期后收听,但千万别错过那一期。
You can listen after this episode, but do not sleep on that one.
今天我们要稍微改变一下方式。
So today, guys, we're gonna do things a little bit differently.
通常当奥布里和我策划节目时,我们会一起选择问题,你知道的,我们会在录制时参考这份文档。
Usually, when Aubrey and I plan the episodes, we like choose the questions together, you know, and we like look at this document while we're recording.
但今天各位,我们要挑战一下自己。
But today guys, we are challenging ourselves.
我会像你们考试时那样应对这部分。
I'm going to approach this just like you guys have to on the exam.
我还没看过今天的第三部分问题。
I have not seen today's part three questions.
没错。
Yes.
所以她没时间思考或准备,就像你们考试当天的情况一样。
So she has no time to think about it or prepare just like this is exactly how it will be for you on test day.
你们必须即兴作答。
You have to answer on the fly.
可能需要用些过渡短语来争取思考回答方式的时间。
You might need to use a filler phrase to give you just a second to decide how you wanna answer.
今天我们将看到杰西卡运用这些策略。
So we're going to see Jessica implement those strategies today.
如果你看YouTube视频,我在假装咬指甲,好吧。
If you look on YouTube, I am pretending to bite my nails in Okay.
她甚至都没看过这些。
She hasn't even seen these.
这对我们来说很罕见。
This is rare for us.
通常至少会先读一遍,对吧?
Usually at least read them first, right?
好的,我们开始吧。
Okay, let's do it.
没问题。
All right.
这是你的第一个问题。
Here's your first question.
请谈谈当前影响各国的一些环境问题。
Tell me about some of the environmental problems that are affecting countries these days.
正在影响各国。
That are affecting countries.
哇。
Wow.
这是个很好的问题。
That's a great question.
我认为全球变暖当然正在影响每个人。
I would say global warming, course, is affecting everybody.
不过它表现出来的方式,每个国家正在经历的后果,我认为略有不同。
The way that it comes out though, the consequences that each country is experiencing, I think are slightly different.
例如在俄勒冈州这里,由于全球变暖,气温比以往高得多。
So for example, here in Oregon, right, the with, global warming, the temperatures here are a lot warmer than they have been.
我们的夏天酷热难耐,这给居民带来了一系列问题,因为我们没有空调。
Our summers are roasting, which causes a whole bunch of problems for the residents because we don't have air conditioning.
每年夏天仅因高温导致的死亡人数就比以往任何时候都多。
It it literally causes more deaths every summer just from the heat than than ever before.
但如果你去世界上另一个地区的国家,我不是环境科学家,所以并不真正理解其中的关联或运作机制。
But if you go to another country in a different part of the world, now I'm not an environmental scientist, so I don't actually understand the link for this or how this works.
不过话说回来,同样的全球变暖让我们这里更热的同时,却让其他国家变得更冷。
But anyhoo, if you go to another country, the same global warming that is making us hotter is making other countries colder.
你会看到冰暴、暴风雪和前所未有的严冬,这些地方从未经历过如此恶劣的气候条件,也完全没有准备。
And you will have ice storms and blizzards and these monumental winters, that have never been seen before in places that, and they're not ready for this kind of harsh condition.
可悲的是,这同样会导致人类死亡。
It will also nonetheless, sadly have the same effect of causing human deaths.
太棒了。
Excellent.
好的。
Okay.
我要给这个答案一些反馈。
I'm gonna give some feedback to this answer.
精彩的词汇运用。
Fantastic vocabulary.
如你所见,杰西卡聚焦于全球变暖,这对这类问题很明智,因为你需要分享它如何影响不同国家,对吧?
So as you can see, Jessica focused on global warming, which is wise for a question like this, because you have to share how it's affecting different countries, right?
她首先分享了自己所知、所居住地区的情况,对吧?
And she first shared about what she knows, where she lives, right?
说明后果因居住地而异。
To say the consequences are different depending on where you live.
而在波特兰这里,夏天热得烤人。
And then here in Portland, summers are roasting.
我很喜欢这段表述——'一大堆问题'。
And I loved this chunk, a whole bunch of problems.
我想特别强调这点,因为这是表达'许多问题'的一种非正式说法,但在第三部分用非正式表达是可以的。
I wanted to highlight it because it is sort of an informal way to say a lot of problems, but you can be informal on part three.
这样表达依然合理。
It makes sense still.
你不想反复说'很多'这个词。
You don't wanna say a lot of over and over.
你需要多种方式来表达这一点,'一大堆问题'就是个不错的说法。
You need lots of ways to say this, and this is a good one, a whole bunch of problems.
然后她承认自己并非专家,但她听说过其他地区的情况,对吧?
And then she admitted that she's not an expert, but that she has heard that in other areas, right?
她说那些地区正在受到影响,遭遇冰暴和极寒冬季。
She's saying they're being affected, they're having ice storms and monumental winters.
所以她通过对比来展现世界其他地区的可能情况,但并未具体说明某个国家,因为她不了解,对吧?
So she's contrasting how this might look elsewhere in the world without giving details about a specific country because she doesn't know, right?
不必掌握所有具体细节。
Don't have to have all of those specifics.
考官知道你不可能会,他们也不指望这个。
The examiner knows you won't, they don't expect it.
你仍然可以分享大量关于全球各地这种现象的细节。
You can still share a lot of details about what this looks like around the world.
像杰西卡那样使用'严酷环境'这类词汇。
Use vocab like harsh conditions, like Jessica shared.
我特别喜欢这个连接词‘nonetheless’。
And then I loved this linking phrase, nonetheless.
我们经常听到‘however’,甚至‘nevertheless’。
We often hear however, even nevertheless.
但‘nonetheless’听得比较少。
I don't hear nonetheless as often.
这样考官就会眼前一亮,觉得:哇,这个连接词用得很高级。
So that the examiner is like perking up like, Oh, impressive linking word.
说实话,我们这里的冬天也更严酷了,但我不想只谈论我住的地方。
And to be honest, I mean, our winters here are harsher as well, but I didn't wanna only talk about where I live.
而且我确切知道,我看新闻时了解到,其他地方有人因为可怕的寒冬而丧生。
And I know for a fact, I read the news, like I know that people are dying because of horrible winters elsewhere.
我当时一时想不起具体是哪里,但我确实提供了更宏观的背景。
I couldn't remember where on the spot, but I did provide which like a larger context.
这是个很好的提醒:如果记不住具体国家或细节也不用紧张,你仍然在用有趣的词汇。
Is just a good note, I think that don't stress yourself out if you can't remember the exact country, these exact details, you're still using interesting vocabulary.
你在分享你所知道的内容,考官不会因为没说清楚严冬发生在哪个具体国家就扣分,评分机制不是这样的。
You're sharing what you do know and the examiner isn't like, Oh, wait, if they didn't say the country where these harsh wishenders are lowering your score, it doesn't work that way.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道在你居住的地方参加雅思考试要花多少钱吗?
Do you know how much an IELTS exam costs where you live?
如今全球大多数雅思考试费用在200到300美元左右。
Most IELTS exams around the world cost around $200 to $300 these days.
这可是一大笔钱。
That is a lot of money.
我们制作这个播客就是为了帮助像你这样的全球考生正确备考雅思。
We made this podcast so we could help students like you from all over the world prepare correctly for the IELTS exam.
这样你就不必反复支付这笔昂贵的考试费用。
So you don't have to pay to take this expensive test over and over.
我们也知道你在参加考试前必须对自己的分数有十足把握。
We also know that you absolutely must be sure of your score before you go in for your exam.
这样你就能确保获得所需的分数。
So you're sure to get the score you need.
这就是我们推出免费雅思分数测试的原因。
That's why we made our free IELTS band score quiz.
免费测试一下,如果今天参加考试你能得多少分。
Find out what you'd get if you took the exam today for free.
请访问 allearsenglish.com/myscore。
Go to allearsenglish.com/myscore.
网址是 allearsenglish.com/myscore,今天就行动起来吧。
That's allearsenglish.com/myscore and go today.
好了,杰西卡。
Alright, Jessica.
准备好回答下一个问题了吗?
Are you ready for your next question?
这个嘛,我们拭目以待。
You know, we'll see.
我们拭目以待。
We shall see.
你还不知道是什么。
You don't know what it is yet.
我不知道。
I don't know.
好的。
Okay.
你认为世界各国政府在解决这些问题上做得足够吗?
Do you think that governments around the world are doing enough to tackle the problems?
当然不够。
Definitely not.
无论你问我的是环境问题、性别角色还是同工同酬。
It doesn't matter if you're asking me about the environment or gender roles or, equal pay.
我认为任何地方的政府都……好吧。
I don't think governments anywhere in okay.
在大多数地方,应对我们现代问题的努力还远远不够。
In most places are doing enough to tackle our modern problems.
但让我们回到当前的话题,也就是环境问题。
But let's get back to the topic at hand, which is the environment.
绝对不够。
Definitely not.
你知道吗,有件事很有意思。
You know, here's what's interesting.
昨天我在Instagram上,关注了很多发布作品的艺术类账号。
Yesterday, I was on Instagram and I follow a lot of like art artists that post things.
然后我看到了这个装置艺术。
And I saw this installation.
完全不知道它在哪里。
I have no idea where it was.
我觉得是在伦敦,但不知道是哪个博物馆。
I think it was in London, but I don't know what museum.
但这个装置是一个极其逼真的雕像,一位站在房间角落的白人老者,手里握着一支沾满红色颜料的画笔。
But the installation was a very real life statue of, an older white man who was in the corner of a room and he was holding a red paintbrush, a paintbrush covered in red paint.
他周围全是红色颜料。
And he was surrounded by red paint.
所以这是个'作茧自缚'的隐喻,暗指当今由白人老男人主导的政府,已经完全脱离现代问题的实际。
So it, was a metaphor for painting oneself into a corner, which is to say that the governments of today, which are, populated by older white men, they are out of touch with modern problems.
我们都知道这正是环境监管的问题所在——我们的政府完全不了解当今需求,立法进程严重滞后,以至于我们把自己逼入绝境,不得不自我变革。谢谢。
And we know this is exactly the problem with environmental regulation, is that our governments are so out of touch with what we need today, and we're so far behind the legislation that we need to change ourselves, that we have painted ourselves into a corner, that we Thank you.
哇。
Wow.
我简直不敢相信,多么精彩的回答啊!能提到这个艺术装置,并分享它如何隐喻政府的行为,满分十分,完美至极。
I can't What an amazing answer To be able to bring up this art installation share how it's a metaphor for what governments are doing, 10 out of 10, chef kiss.
太棒了。
Amazing.
当我当场想起这个时,简直兴奋极了。
Was so excited when I remembered that, like, on the spot.
我太喜欢了。
I love that.
各位想想,你们参观博物馆越多、听播客越多、接触文化越多,就能积累这样酷炫的例子。
And guys, think about how the more you are visiting museums, listening to podcasts, exposing yourself to culture and going then you will have cool examples like that.
对吧?
Right?
而且这些例子会在你需要时自动浮现,无论被问到什么,多棒啊。
And they'll be able to just come to mind for whatever you're asked amazing.
就在Instagram上看的。
Just on Instagram.
就这样
That's all
你只需要刷刷Instagram。
you Just gotta being on Instagram.
你们可能都在用Instagram,甚至不用, 8. 都不必专程去伦敦的博物馆。
You guys are probably on Instagram, even you don't have to go to London to the museum.
没错。
Right.
在Instagram上看到的。
Saw it on Instagram.
很喜欢。
Love it.
好的,这里有些很棒的词汇。
Okay, great vocab here.
首先,我想强调一下你是如何用‘绝对不是’开头的。
First, I wanna just highlight how you started it to say, definitely not.
我很喜欢这一点。
I love that.
如果你要给出一个坚决的否定回答,就这样开头,对吧?
If ever you can give a resounding no, start it this way, right?
一些有趣的发音方式:‘绝对不行’或‘绝对不是’。
Some interesting pronunciation, absolutely not, or definitely not.
太棒了。
So good.
然后我很喜欢你能够列举出许多你认为政府处理得不够好的事情,对吧?
And then I loved that you were able to list a lot of the things that you feel like governments don't handle well enough, right?
无论是环境问题、性别角色还是同工同酬,但随后用这个很酷的过渡句说:让我们回到正题。
The environment, whether it's the environment, gender roles or equal pay, but then use this really cool transition to say, let's get back to the topic at hand.
这样你就有机会分享其他相关的有趣细节,但最后仍能确保回答原问题。
And so this gives you a chance to share other interesting details that are related, but then come back to make sure you answer the question.
然后是词汇部分,'一个艺术装置'。
And then the vocab, an art installation.
你知道,这不仅仅是一幅画。
This is, you know, it's not just a painting.
可能是某种雕塑或类似引发思考的作品。
There's maybe some type of sculpture or something that's like a think piece.
它可能出现在博物馆里,也可能在某个街边展示。
Something that is somewhere it might be in a museum, it might be on a sidewalk somewhere.
所以这是用来描述你在某处看到的艺术的令人印象深刻的词汇。
So this is impressive vocabulary to talk about art that you saw somewhere.
是的。
Yeah.
通常来说,它会是一个三维多媒体作品。
It's usually about like a it'll be like a three d multimedia piece.
作品。
Piece.
它不会只是单一类型的艺术,比如一幅画或一件雕塑。
It won't just be one kind of art, a painting, a sculpture.
更像是不同媒介的混合体。
It'll be like a mixture of different mediums.
没错。
Yes.
另外我还想分享的是,我很喜欢你描述在Instagram上看到的内容时的样子,你当时说'我觉得是在伦敦'。
And then I also wanted to share, I loved that you were, when you described what you had seen on Instagram, you were like, I think it was London.
我不确定是哪家博物馆。
I'm not sure which museum.
如果你能说出任何你知道的细节,那就太好了,对吧?
This is great if you can throw that out, any details you do know, right?
任何时候你能分享城市名称、博物馆名称之类的信息,都不需要非常精确。
Anytime you're able to share names of cities, museums, whatever it is, doesn't have to be exact.
这听起来非常地道自然。
And this is very native and natural.
我们在讲故事时都会这样做。
We do this as we're telling stories.
我想是在巴黎。
I think it was Paris.
我记不太清楚了。
I don't remember exactly.
你通过叙述你认为可能的地点来展现你的语言流利度。
And you're showing fluency by sort of narrating where you thought it might be.
然后一个绝妙的过渡短语出现在你说的时候,也就是当你描述这个装置艺术并分享它的含义时,对吧?
And then a great transition phrase when you said, which is to say, when you're describing this installation and then sharing what it means, right?
最后,'脱离实际'这个词。
And lastly, out of touch.
用'脱离实际'来形容政府或人真是绝妙的词汇选择,意味着他们并不真正了解现状。
What great vocabulary to say governments are out of touch or people are out of touch means they don't really have a full understanding of the current situation.
这某种程度上概括了我们当今许多决策者的现状。
And that kind of summarizes a lot of our rule makers today.
是的。
Yes.
嗯,你知道的,祈祷你所在地区的听众不会遇到这种情况。
Well, you know, fingers crossed, it does not listeners where you live.
我知道每个地方情况都不同。
I know everywhere is different.
我不想冒犯任何人。
I don't want to offend anyone.
确实,世界上也有一些优秀的政治家。
There there are some great politicians out there for sure.
总之,如果想分享你对今天某个问题的回答,就给我们发邮件吧。
Anyway, guys, go ahead and send us an email if you want to share, your answer to one of today's questions.
给我们发邮件,我们会在未来的节目中大声读出来。
Send us an email, and we will try to, shout it out on a future episode.
所以写信给我们
So write to us
supportallearsenglish dot com。
supportallearsenglish dot com.
太棒了。
Awesome.
这些回答做得很好,杰西卡。
Great job on these answers, Jessica.
很棒,词汇用得好,发音也很棒。
Great Thank vocab, great pronunciation.
我们很期待大家能运用第一部分的词汇,练习回答关于环境的问题,因为这非常常见。
And we're excited for you guys to use the vocabulary from part one and practice answering questions about the environment because it's extremely common.
在考试当天,你很可能会在口语或写作部分遇到相关问题。
You are likely to get questions either on speaking or writing on test day.
如果你还没关注我们,请务必点击关注,或在YouTube上订阅,因为接下来几期节目中,我们将推出另一个两集系列,
And definitely hit follow if you're not following us already or subscribe on YouTube because coming up very soon in the next couple episodes, we're gonna have another two part series,
内容与环境相关。
linked to the environment.
这次我们将分享听力多选题策略,并进行一次关于环境的听力练习。
This time, we're gonna share listening multiple choice strategies, and we're gonna do a listening, practice about the environment.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
你肯定不想错过,所以记得点击关注。
You don't wanna miss that, so be sure to hit follow.
太棒了。
Awesome.
好的。
Alright.
太棒了。
Awesome.
奥布里,谢谢今天的谈话。
Aubrey, thanks for talking today.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
下次见,杰斯。
See you next time, Jess.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听《IELTS Energy》节目。
Thanks for listening to IELTS Energy.
立即点击订阅,别忘了在allearsenglish.com/myscore上估算你的雅思分数。
Hit subscribe now, and don't forget to find your estimated band score at allearsenglish.com/myscore.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。