本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好,欢迎来到雅思口语第二部分。
Hello, hello, lovely, and welcome into IELTS speaking part two.
今天有个非常有趣的话题:描述一件你家珍藏已久的重要老物件。
A very interesting topic today: describe an important old thing that your family has kept for a long time.
你需要说明它是什么、你家最初是如何得到它的、保存了多久,并解释这件物品对你家的重要性。
You should say what it is, how when your family first got this thing, how long your family has kept it and explain why this thing is important to your family.
哇。
Wow.
首先,它应该是重要的、古老的,并且是你家一直保存的物品。
So first of all, it should be something important, old and something that your family has kept.
也就是说这件东西在你家已经存放很长时间了。
So your family has had this thing at home for a long time.
罗里,给我们讲讲你的故事吧。
Rory, give us your story.
老实说,我觉得我们家里有好多传家宝。
Oh, I think we have a ton of heirlooms in the house, to be honest with you.
但最让我印象深刻的是我已故祖母的一幅肖像风格照片,这张照片我们肯定保存了几十年。
But the one that stands out the most for me is a portrait style photograph of my late grandmother, which we must have had for decades now.
至于最初是怎么得到的,说实话我完全不知道。
When it comes to when we first got the thing, honestly, I have no idea.
从我记事起它就一直存在,总是挂在厨房旁边的餐厅里。
It's been with us almost as long as I can remember, and it's always been in our dining room next to the kitchen.
至于为什么能保存这么久,嗯,显然家庭对我们来说非常重要。
In terms of why we've hung on to it for so long, well, family is pretty important, obviously.
保存家族过去与现在的成员照片,即便没有其他意义,至少对维系家族传承感很重要。
So having pictures of past and present family members is important for a sense of continuity, if nothing else.
再详细描述下这张照片——虽然我说过这是张普通照片,但它实际上拍摄得非常好,光线运用巧妙,完美展现了我祖母的面部特征。
To tell you a bit more about what it looks like, I know I said it's a photograph, but, it's also a very nicely done one with a with good use of light that highlights all the features of my grandmother's face.
你甚至可以说这张照片让她看起来光彩照人。
You might even say it shows her in a good light.
相框本身非常华丽,由某种抛光材料制成,几乎能在房间光线中自行发光。
The the frame of the thing is very ornate and made this sort of polished material that almost, glows in the light of the room itself.
这不仅仅是一张照片。
It's like it's not just a picture.
它还是整个房间装饰的基石,墙上所有布置都以它为中心展开。
It's also a cornerstone of the decorations in the room itself, and everything on the walls is structured around it.
我不确定它有多少金钱价值,但至少情感价值是显而易见的。
I'm not sure it has much monetary value, but the sentimental value should be obvious at least.
值得一提的是它的制作材质。
It's also worth mentioning the material it's made from.
我觉得这不是普通的赛璐珞或常规照片材料。
I don't think it's like the normal celluloid or whatever photos are usually made from.
近距离观察时,会发现它似乎是由不同部分拼接而成的。
It's it's like it's being pieced together from different parts when you look closely.
你能看出构成它的细小部件之间的精细接缝。
You can make out these fine lines between the the smaller segments that make it up.
本以为这样会让它看起来奇怪,但只要不把脸贴上去看,它依然是张很棒的照片——至少我是这么认为的。
You would think that would make it look odd, but as long as your face isn't pressed up against it, then it's still a great photo, at least I think so.
这是四号尺寸,所以更大些,可能因此需要些不同的处理方式。
It's a four size, so it's bigger, and maybe that necessitates something different.
但我对这类事情确实不太了解。
But I'm not really in the know about that sort of thing.
我不是摄影师。
I'm no photographer.
如果家里没有挂着这幅肖像画,我想我们会错失与过去的一种真实联系,以及一个能将房间设计与装饰凝聚起来的元素。
If we didn't have the portrait hanging in the house, I think we'd have missed out on a real connection to the past as well as something that draws the room design and decoration together.
有它在那儿真的很棒。
It's really nice to have there.
现在它就像是家的标志。
It's like a sign of home now.
如你所知,我们现在免费发布所有高级内容,有效期为一个月。
As you know, we now release all of our premium content for free, and it's available for one month.
一个月后,内容将转入我们的超级秘密档案库。
After one month, it goes into our super secret archive.
要订阅档案库,请点击下方描述中的链接。
To sign up for the archive, click the link in the description below.
回头见。
See you soon.
所以,亲爱的听众,你需要选择一件重要的旧物。
So, dear listener, you need to choose an important old thing.
如果你没有这件东西,那就想象它。
If you don't have this thing, then you imagine it.
通常是一张照片,或者像一幅画、一本书、一件珠宝、一颗钻石这样的东西。
Usually it's a photograph or it's something like a painting, a book, a piece of jewelry, a diamond.
比如,想象任何重要且古老的物品,但你应该能够描述它,因为例如描述一件珠宝是很困难的。
Like, imagine anything important and old, but you should be able to describe it because it's difficult to describe a piece of jewelry, for example.
但照片或书可能没问题。
But a photo could be okay or a book.
对吧?
Right?
别说类似'哦,游艇是我们家保存了很久的重要古董'这样的话。
Don't say that something like, oh, a yacht is an important old thing that my family has kept for a long time.
直升机。
A helicopter.
嗯,除非你是百万富翁。
Well, unless you're a millionaire.
所以你可以这样开头:我们家里有很多传家宝。
So you can start off with, we have a ton of heirlooms in the house.
传家宝。
Heirloom.
我们继承的物品。
Things we have inherited.
家族长辈传给晚辈的贵重物品。
A valuable object that has been given by older members of a family to younger members.
所以如果罗瑞的奶奶给了他这本书或戒指,这就是传家宝。
So if Rory's grandma has given him this book or a ring, this is an heirloom.
通常是珠宝之类的,对吧?
Usually kind of jewellery, right?
戒指、钻石、项链之类的,对吧?
A ring, a diamond, a necklace, right?
一些老照片或家具之类的。
Some old photographs or furniture, yeah.
还有杯子,
And also cups,
嗯,任何你继承的有价值的东西。
Well, anything you inherit that's got value.
是啊。
Yeah.
但非常非常常见,比如珠宝。
But very very common like jewelry.
是的。
Yes.
所以我家里有很多传家宝。
So I have a lot of heirlooms in the house.
但对我来说最突出的是我已故祖母的一幅肖像风格照片。
But the one that stands out the most for me is a portrait style photograph of my late grandmother.
所以最突出的东西就像我记得这个特别让我难忘的物品。
So something that stands out is like I remember this one particular object that is memorable for me.
这样你就能记住整个短语了。
So you can just remember the whole phrase.
我们家里有许多传家宝,数量相当多,但对我来说最引人注目的那个是某某某。
We have a lot of heirlooms, we have a ton of heirlooms in the house, but the one that stands out the most for me is blah blah blah.
我们肯定拥有它已有数十年了。
We must have had it for decades.
所以我们可能拥有它已经很长时间了。
So we probably have had it for a long time.
我们肯定拥有它已有数十年了。
We must have had it for decades.
我们开始拥有它,已经持有很长时间,至今仍保留着。
We started having it, we've had it for a long time and we still have it.
亲爱的听众,你对这种结构感到满意吗?
Dear listener, are you okay with this structure?
你还在听我说吗?
Are you with me?
我们肯定拥有它几十年了,好多年了,很长时间了。
We must have had it for decades, for years, for a long time.
逻辑推理。
Logical deduction.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
非常先进。
Very advanced.
每当谈到我们最初得到那东西的时间,我们就会改变话题。
We change the topic when it comes to when we first got the thing.
所以,至于我们最初得到它是什么时候,我完全不知道。
So, as for when we first got it, I have no idea.
或者我们是在二十年前得到的,或者随便想象一个时间。
Or we had we got it twenty years ago or just imagine something.
但要用现在完成时。
But use present perfect.
它已经陪伴我们很长时间了。
It has been with us for a long time.
所以它一直和我们在一起。
So it's been with us.
它一直与我们同在。
It has been with us.
用现在完成时是因为你保存它已经很久了。
Present perfect because you have kept it for a long time.
并且一直持续到现在。
And all the time until now.
你也可以说它陪伴我们的时间久到我都记不清了。
And you can also say it's been with us as long as I can remember.
所以它总是在餐厅里,或者总是在厨房里。
So it's always been in the dining room or it's always been in the kitchen.
我们再次改变话题,现在用‘就...而言’来讨论。
We change the topic again and now use in terms of.
就我们为什么拥有它这么久而言,是因为...或者你在这里用了哪个动词,罗里?
In terms of why we've had it for so long is because Or which verb did you use here, Rory?
哦,我们一直保留着它。
Oh, we hung on to it.
这是一个短语动词。
It's a phrasal verb.
你要紧紧抓住某样东西。
You hang on to something.
但动词是hang(悬挂),对吧?
But the verb is hang, right?
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
嗯,我们一直保留着它。
Well, we've we have hung on to it.
hang的过去式是hung。
Hang, hung, hung.
而且,这对我们家庭非常重要,因为过去和现在家庭成员的照片都很重要。
And, it's pretty important for our family because, like, pictures of the past and present family members are important.
一种延续感。
A sense of continuity.
这是什么意思?
What does it mean?
哦,天啊。
Oh, God.
我想,与过去相连并延续到未来,是描述它最好的方式。
Like, connection to the past and into the future, I suppose, is the best way to talk about it.
让我详细描述一下它的样子,这是一张照片,一张拍得很好的照片,它展现了我祖母面部的所有特征。
To tell you more about what it looks like, it's a photograph, it's a very nicely done photograph, and it shows, all the features of my grandmother's face.
所以,我们的面部都有特定的特征,即面部特征。
So, our faces have certain features, facial features.
这张照片把我祖母拍得很美。
The photograph shows my grandma in a good light.
就是说,她在这张照片里看起来非常漂亮。
So, like, she looks really pretty in this photo.
照片里的样子,亲爱的听众。
In the photo, dear listener.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以,你在照片里看到了我的家人。
So, you see my family in the photo.
相框。
The frame.
照片通常都会放在相框里。
Photographs usually are usually put in a frame.
而且这个相框也非常精美。
So, the frame is also very ornate.
精美是什么意思?
What does it mean ornate?
就是看起来很好看。
It just looks nice.
这是装饰品。
It's decorative.
装饰性的。
Decorative.
框架采用抛光材料制成,会发光。
The frame is made of polished materials and glows.
所以它有这种光芒。
So it has this light.
它没有任何货币价值。
It doesn't have any monetary value.
所以不贵。
So it's not expensive.
对吧?
Right?
但它有情感价值。
But it has the sentimental value.
罗瑞,我需要加冠词吗?
And Rory, do I use an article?
我该说这张照片有情感价值,还是这张照片有情感价值,或者说情感价值?
Do I say like this photo has a sentimental value or the photo has sentimental value or the sentimental value?
我会说它有情感价值,但我想你也可以说它有一种情感价值,这样也可以。
I would say it has sentimental value, but, I suppose you could say it has a sentimental value, and it would be okay.
不过我觉得不加冠词更常见。
But I think you're more likely to have it without the article.
嗯。
Mhmm.
值得一提的是,所以这一点很重要。
It's worth mentioning that so it's important to mention that.
同样值得注意的是,它是由木头、皮革或黄金制成的。
It's also worth mentioning that it's made of wood or leather or gold.
但如果你不知道材料是什么,别担心,因为我也不知道。
But if you don't know what the material is, don't worry because I didn't know either.
我猜了一下。
I guessed at it.
我当时想,我觉得这不像是赛璐珞。
I was like, I don't think it's like celluloid.
然后我说,或者照片通常是用什么做的,因为我不知道那个词是什么。
And then I said, or whatever photos are normally made from because I don't know what the word is.
我觉得是赛璐珞。
I think it's celluloid.
我说对了吗?
Am I right?
照片是用赛璐珞做的吗?
Are photos made from celluloid?
哦,我完全不知道。
Oh, I have no idea.
哦,玛丽亚。
Oh, Maria.
是啊,你还可以提到光子的大小,就像它是四号,是A4尺寸的照片。
Yeah, you can also mention the size of a photon, like it's a four, it's an A four sized photo.
所以罗里,照片挂在墙上对吧?
So, Rory, the photo is hanging on the wall, right?
是的。
Yes.
你对此有疑问吗?
Do you doubt that?
不,不。
No, no.
我只是好奇。
I'm just curious.
通常我们会把照片挂在墙上,对吧?
So usually, like, we hang a photo on the wall, right?
或者如果照片是立着的,我该怎么说,比如照片立在我的桌上,或者照片立在架子上?
Or if a photo is standing, what can I say, like, the photo stands on my desk or the photo, I don't know, stands on the shelf?
对。
Yeah.
如果是独立摆放的。
If it's freestanding.
没错。
Yeah.
所以这张照片帮助我们保持与过去的联系,对吧?
So this photo helps us to keep this connection to the past, right?
所以它某种程度上象征着与过去、与我祖母的联系。
So it kind of symbolizes the connection to the past, to my grandmother.
能有这样一张照片作为家的象征真的很美好。
It's really nice to have such a photo like a sign of home.
哦,真好。
Oh, nice.
可爱又温暖。
Cute and cuddly.
我觉得没有它的话,我的家会感觉完全不同。
I think my home would feel very different without that.
是的,亲爱的听众。
Yeah, dear listener.
所以别选什么奇怪的东西。
So don't pick any crazy objects.
比如一张照片、一本书、一件首饰。
So a photo, a book, a piece of jewelry.
但如果你选首饰,那你要能描述它。
But if you choose jewellery, then you need to be able to describe it.
对吧?
Right?
我也这么认为。
I would say so.
是的。
Yes.
但我并没有描述那个。
But I didn't describe that.
我描述的是一幅画。
I described a picture.
但我们可以用我的描述中的哪些内容来谈论其他事物呢?
But what things could we use in my description to talk about other things?
例如传家宝,通常是件老物件,然后呢,可以是我们最初得到这件东西的时候。
For example, heirlooms, usually an old thing, and then well, it could be when we first got the thing.
这可以用来谈论任何事物。
That could be used to talk about anything.
我想它应该一直就在我们家里。
It's always been in our home, I would imagine.
说到老物件,如果我们还保留着它们,可能都是为了保持一种延续感,所以这点也可以提。
Then talking about old things, I if we're hanging on to them, probably all of them are important for a sense of continuity, so we can keep that too.
我们还可以说它做工精良,材质也值得特别说明。
Then we could talk about it's also very nicely made or very well made, and it will also be worth mentioning the material it's made from.
然后你可以说,觉得它是这个材质或无论这些东西是用什么做的。
And then you could say, think it's this or whatever these things are made from.
当然还可以用条件句,如果我们家里没有这件东西,那会是个遗憾。
And, of course, with the conditional, if we didn't have this thing in our house or if we didn't have this thing, it would be a shame.
所以所有这些句式、短语和词汇都可以用来描述任何老物件,不限于画作,任何东西都适用。
So all of these structures and phrases and words could be used to describe any old thing, not just a picture, anything.
罗伊,你家里有自己的照片吗?
Roy, do you have photos of you in your house?
在我现在住的房子里。
In my house that I live in now.
是啊。
Yeah.
比如你的肖像照?
Like like portraits of you?
我有和朋友们的合照。
I I have pictures of my friends and I.
我没有单独的个人照片。
I don't have individual pictures of me.
我觉得那样有点自恋。
I think that's a bit narcissistic.
你会给物品拍照吗?
Do you have pictures of your stuff?
没有。
No.
我有我哥哥的照片,还有家人的,比如父母的。
I have got photos of my brother and, like, of my family, my parents.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
冰箱上有张我和哥哥的合影。
I have a picture of my brother and me on the fridge.
哦,那挺好的。
Oh, well, that's okay.
那就像两个人。
That's like two people.
没有多少照片。
Don't have many photos.
是的。
Yeah.
但我会谈谈,你知道,如果要谈的话,我会谈我祖母给我母亲的那枚钻戒。
But I will talk about, you know, if I were to talk about it, I would talk about a diamond ring that my grandmother gave to my mother.
所以,某种程度上说,我有个母亲。
So, kind of like, I've got a mother.
她也有母亲。
She had a mother.
所以,我母亲的母亲把戒指给了她。
So, my mother's mother gave the ring to her.
所以,这原本是我祖母的钻戒。
So, originally it was my grandmother's diamond ring.
她是从她丈夫那里得到的。
She got it from her husband.
然后我母亲拥有了它,现在它归我了。
Then my mother had it, and now I have it.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我觉得我需要一张流程图来理清这个。
I feel like I need a flowchart for this.
但你可以说这始终是家族传统。
But you could say it's always been in the family.
你可以对任何事都这么说。
You could say that about anything.
是啊。
Yeah.
这始终是家族传统。
It's always been in the family.
对。
Yeah.
这始终是家族传统。
It's always been in the family.
没错,亲爱的听众。
Right, dear listener.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
我们下期节目再会。
We'll get back to you in our next episode.
再见。
Bye.
描述一件你们家族长期保存的重要旧物。
Describe an important old thing that your family has kept for a long time.
你应该说明它是什么,你们家族最初何时获得这件物品,保存了多久,并解释这件物品对你们家族的重要性。
You should say what it is, how when your family first got this thing, how long your family has kept it, and explain why this thing is important to your family.
说实话,我觉得我们家里有好多传家宝。
Oh, I think we have a ton of heirlooms in the house, to be honest with you.
但对我来说最特别的是一幅我祖母的肖像照,这张照片我们保存了可能有几十年了。
But the one that stands out the most for me is a portrait style photograph of my late grandmother, which we must have had for decades now.
至于我们最初是怎么得到它的,老实说,我完全没印象。
When it comes to when we first got the thing, honestly, I have no idea.
从我记事起它就一直存在,总是挂在厨房旁边的餐厅里。
It's been with us almost as long as I can remember, and it's always been in our dining room next to the kitchen.
要说为什么能保存这么久,嗯,显然家庭对我们来说非常重要。
In terms of why we've hung on to it for so long, well, family is pretty important, obviously.
所以保存家族成员过去和现在的照片至少对保持传承感很重要。
So having pictures of past and present family members is important for a sense of continuity, if nothing else.
再详细描述下这幅照片,虽然我说是照片,但它实际上拍摄得非常好,光线运用巧妙,完美呈现了我祖母的面部特征。
To tell you a bit more about what it looks like, I know I said it's a photograph, but, it's also a very nicely done one with a with good use of light that highlights all the features of my grandmother's face.
你甚至可以说这张照片让她看起来光彩照人。
You might even say it shows her in a good light.
相框非常精美,用的是某种抛光材料,在房间的光线下几乎会自己发光。
The the frame of the thing is very ornate and made this sort of polished material that almost, glows in the light of the room itself.
它不仅仅是一张照片。
It's like it's not just a picture.
它还是整个房间装饰的核心,墙上所有布置都是围绕它展开的。
It's also a cornerstone of the decorations in the room itself, and everything on the walls is structured around it.
虽然我不确定它有多少金钱价值,但至少情感价值是显而易见的。
I'm not sure it has much monetary value, but the sentimental value should be obvious at least.
值得一提的是它的制作材料。
It's also worth mentioning the material it's made from.
我觉得它不像普通照片用的赛璐珞或其他常见材质。
I don't think it's like the normal celluloid or whatever photos are usually made from.
仔细看会发现它是由不同部分拼接而成的。
It's it's like it's being pieced together from different parts when you look closely.
你能看出构成它的那些细小片段之间的精细接缝。
You can make out these fine lines between the the smaller segments that make it up.
你可能会觉得这样会显得很奇怪,但只要不把脸贴上去看,这仍然是张很棒的照片,至少我是这么认为的。
You would think that would make it look odd, but as long as your face isn't pressed up against it, then it's still a great photo, at least I think so.
这是四号尺寸,所以更大些,可能需要不同的处理方式。
It's a four size, so it's bigger and maybe that necessitates something different.
不过我对这类事情其实不太了解。
But I'm not really in the know about that sort of thing.
我并不是摄影师。
I'm no photographer.
如果家里没有挂着这幅肖像,我想我们不仅会失去与过去的真实联系,也会缺少一个让房间设计和装饰形成整体的元素。
If we didn't have the portrait hanging in the house, I think we'd have missed out on a real connection to the past as well as something that draws the room design and decoration together.
能拥有它真的很棒。
It's really nice to have there.
现在它就像是家的象征。
It's like a a sign of home now.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。