本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
ABC,听好了。
ABC, listen.
你好。
Hello.
我叫Nidge。
My name is Nidge.
今天在《想象一下》节目中,天气热得不得了。
And today on Imagine This, it's an absolute scorcher.
哦,天气真热。
Oh, it's very hot.
我的冰淇淋都快化了。
It's melting my ice cream.
你可以在外面煎牛排了。
You could cook a neck outside.
像今天这么热的日子,我觉得我们应该去海滩。
On a hot day like today, I reckon we should head to the beach.
但在我们外出之前,我们需要什么?
But first, what do we need before we can head outside?
你需要做好防晒措施。
You will need to be sun smart.
穿上防晒衣,涂上防晒霜。
At sunny shirt sunscreen.
哦,这款防晒霜闻起来像假期。
Oh, that sunscreen smells like holidays.
它闻起来像椰子。
It smells like coconut.
它闻起来像夏天。
It smells like summertime.
我们收到了一些关于防晒霜的问题。
We've had a couple of questions about sunscreen.
你好。
Hi.
我叫维奥莱特。
My name is called Violet.
我五岁了,我想知道防晒霜是怎么保护我们不被太阳晒伤的。
I'm five years old, and I want to know how sunscreen protects you from the sun.
你好。
Hi.
我是奥吉,七岁了。
I'm Augie, and I'm seven years old.
我想知道为什么我们需要新的防晒霜。
I like to know why do we need a new sunscreen.
我在赛跑。
I'm racing.
我三岁了。
I'm three years old.
我想知道防晒霜是怎么起作用的。
I wanna know how does sunscreen work.
这东西挺有意思的。
It's pretty interesting stuff.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
它通过使用乳霜和特殊化学物质,在你周围形成一层保护层。
It makes, like, a protective layer around you by using cream and special chemicals.
它就像一层覆盖你全身的盾牌,挡住所有阳光,防止你被晒伤。
It's like a shield that covers your whole body and keeps all of the sun to stop you from getting sunburned.
我们应该去问问帕布罗·费尔南德斯·佩尼亚教授。
We should talk to professor Pablo Fernandez Pena.
他是一名皮肤科医生。
He's a dermatologist.
这意味着他非常了解皮肤以及如何保持皮肤健康。
That means he knows all about skin and how to keep it healthy.
像今天这样的日子,我猜他很可能在海滩上。
On a day like today, my best guess is that he's at the beach.
谁不会呢?
Who wouldn't be?
来吧。
Come on.
我们去找他吧。
Let's go find him.
巴勃罗教授。
Professor Pablo.
教授。
Professor.
你在哪里?
Where are you?
他不在沙滩上。
He's not on the sand.
他也不在水里。
He's not in the water.
我在这儿。
I'm over here.
他在那儿。
There he is.
哦,在一棵阴凉的树下。
Oh, under a nice shady tree.
嗯,沙子很烫。
Well, sand's hot.
嗨,帕布罗。
Hi, Pablo.
嗨,教授。
Hi, professor.
大家好。
Hi, everyone.
今天天气真好,不是吗?
Lovely day, isn't it?
确实如此。
It sure is.
你为什么躲在树下?
How come you're under the tree?
你为什么不晒太阳?
Why aren't you in the sun?
因为太阳很强大,也很危险。
It's because the sun is awesome and powerful and dangerous.
危险?
Dangerous?
但防晒霜不是能帮你待在阳光下吗?
But can't sunscreen help you stay in it?
是啊。
Yeah.
如果涂了防晒霜,你不是可以在阳光下做任何事吗?
If you've got sunscreen on, can't you do anything in the sun?
不完全是。
Not quite.
我们可能需要发挥想象力,才能理解一切是如何运作的。
We might need to use our imaginations to see how everything works.
别担心。
No worries.
我们先去哪儿?
Where to first?
在平流层顶部,云层之上。
Above the clouds at the top of the stratosphere.
平流层?
Stratosphere?
那是在天空中很高的地方,但在进入太空之前。
That's high up in the sky, but just before we get into space.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
我们走吧。
Let's go.
好高啊。
So high.
我像气球一样漂浮着。
I'm floating like a balloon.
哦,看。
Oh, look.
太阳。
The sun.
太阳。
The sun.
它可能会像香肠一样把你撑起来。
It could settle you up like a sausage.
是的。
Yes.
那个美丽的东西实际上是一个在太空中燃烧的炽热气体球,如果没有它,我们就不会生活在地球上。
That gorgeous thing is actually a fiery hot ball of gas burning in space, and we wouldn't be here on earth without it.
它让天气变暖。
It makes it be warm.
它让去海滩变得有趣,同时也支持生命。
It makes it fun to go to the beach and it also supports life.
它为我们提供光线,让植物生长。
It gives us light and it makes plants grow.
是的。
Yeah.
我们有很多事情要感谢太阳。
We have lots to thank the sun for.
绝对如此。
Absolutely.
太阳辐射出热量和可见光,但它也辐射出一种叫做紫外线的东西。
The sun radiates heat and the light we can see, but it also radiates something called UV rays.
紫外线是什么?
What are UV rays?
我看不到任何光线。
I can't see any rays.
UV代表紫外线。
UV stands for ultraviolet.
它是彩虹中位于紫色之后的颜色,但我们人眼看不到它。
It's the color that comes after violet in the rainbow, but our human eyes can't see it.
彩虹里还有隐藏的颜色?
Secret colors, but on the rainbow?
彩虹只是我们能看到的光谱中的一小部分。
The rainbow is only a small section of light that we can see.
还有很多其他类型的光是我们看不见的。
There are lots of other kinds of light that are invisible to us.
让我们切换到太阳视觉,这样我们就能看到它们了。
Let's switch over to solar vision so we can see them.
太阳视觉?
Solar vision?
直视太阳对眼睛非常有害。
Looking at the sun is really bad for your eyes.
你绝不能直视太阳。
You should never look at the sun.
太阳视觉会保护我们,帮助我们哇哦。
Solar vision will protect us and help us Woah.
看到另一面的
To see the other side of the
她的一些眼睛是蓝紫色的。
Some of her eyes are bluey purply.
那个真的在晃动。
That one's really wiggly.
一个超级晃动的无法穿过。
A super wiggly one can't get through.
嗯。
Yeah.
它不会比平流层更接近地球。
It's not going any closer to Earth than the stratosphere.
就好像它被什么东西弹开了。
It's like it's bouncing off something.
这是因为我们的星球有一个奇妙的保护层。
That's because our planet has an amazing shield.
地球有保护层?
Earth has a shield?
像超级英雄一样。
Like a superhero.
是的。
Yes.
这叫做臭氧层。
This is called the ozone layer.
臭氧?
Ozone?
我听说过这个。
I've heard of that.
它是一种存在于大气中的特殊气体,能保护我们免受阳光伤害。
It's a special gas in the atmosphere that protects us from the sun.
它就像一层包裹地球的屏障,防止阳光太强烈。
It's like a layer around the earth for sun not to come too much.
臭氧层能保护我们免受部分太阳紫外线的伤害。
The ocean layer protects us from some of the sun's ultraviolet rays.
紫外线有三种类型。
There are three kinds of UV rays.
A、B和C。
A, B, and C.
如果这三种紫外线全部穿透地球,我们会被 literally 烤熟。
If all three of them go through the earth, we'll be toasted literally.
海洋层阻挡了所有的UVC射线。
The ocean layer blocks all the UVC rays.
大部分UVB射线,但UVA射线则不多。
Most of the UVB rays, but not a lot of the UVA.
臭氧在偏转紫外线。
The ozone is deflecting the UV rays.
是的。
Yeah.
我能看见一些其他射线偷偷漏进来。
And I can see some other rays sneaking through.
是的。
Yeah.
它偏转了大量紫外线。
It's deflecting heaps.
但当一些UVA和UVB射线到达地面时,会发生什么?
But what happens when some of the UVA and UVB rays reach us down on the ground?
好问题。
Great question.
我们坐上去看看会发生什么吗?
Should we take a ride on one and find out?
好的。
Yeah.
我们走吧。
Let's do it.
好吧。
Okay.
我们先从UVA开始。
Let's start with UVA.
我来坐这个。
I'll ride this one.
我觉得我们可能需要缩小一点,才能搭上这条看不见的射线。
We might need to shrink down a bit to fit on an invisible ray, I reckon.
是的。
Yes.
我们要去的地方,得变得非常、非常小。
Where we are going, we need to be really, really small.
大家都上马吧。
Saddle up, everyone.
我们得骑上一些射线。
We've got some rays to ride.
我们要搭上一些紫外线的便车。
We're gonna hitch a ride with some UVA light.
耶哈。
Yeehaw.
耶哈。
Yeehaw.
哇哦。
Woo hoo.
我们正前往海滩。
We're heading down to the beach.
我们远离了那个人。
We're land from that person.
我们要进入皮肤了。
We're going into the skin.
UVA射线会深入皮肤。
UVA rays go deep into the skin.
哇哦。
Woah.
我们正挤过去。
We're squeezing through.
射线在皮肤细胞之间移动。
Rays are moving between the skin cells.
幸好我们缩小到这么小了。
Lucky we've shrunk down to be tiny.
我们下去了。
Down we go.
是的。
Yes.
这一部分叫做真皮。
This part is called the dermis.
它是皮肤的中间层。
It's the middle layer of skin.
巴勃罗,这是晒伤吗?
Pablo, is this sunburn?
在这里不是。
Not down here.
在真皮层中,UVA会导致皮肤的长期损伤。
In the dermis, UVA is responsible for long term damage to your skin.
这需要多年时间,但UVA损伤会使你的皮肤变得皱纹丛生。
It takes years, but UVA damage makes your skin wrinkly.
哦不,我不想像这样长皱纹。
Oh no, I don't want to get wrinkly.
一个简单的记忆方法是:UVA会导致皮肤老化。
An easy way to remember is that UVA leads to aging.
随着时间推移,没有得到保护的皮肤会出现更多皱纹和晒斑。
Over time, the skin that hasn't been protected will have more wrinkles and sunspots.
我奶奶就有皱纹。
My grandma has wrinkles.
皱纹是衰老的正常现象,但UVA会加速皮肤老化,并可能引发皮肤癌和黑色素瘤。
Wrinkles are a normal part of getting older, but UBA makes the skin age faster and it can contribute to skin cancer and melanoma.
所有这些癌症都是由阳光损伤引起的。
All these cancers are caused by sun damage.
这听起来不太妙。
That doesn't sound good.
所以防晒霜都在哪儿啊,帕布罗?
So where's all the sunscreen, Pablo?
防晒霜会进入我们的身体吗?
Does sunscreen go inside our bodies?
不会。
No.
不会。
No.
不会。
No.
不会。
No.
为了阻止UVA深入到这里并伤害我们,我们需要在皮肤表面进行防护。
To stop UPA getting down here and damaging ourselves, we need to protect our skin on the surface.
我们应该叫个电梯到皮肤的最上层吗?
Should we call an elevator to get up to the top layer of the skin?
我想按按钮。
I want to press the button.
往上走。
Going up.
这是
It's a
美好的一天。
nice day.
天气很不错。
It's pretty good weather.
欢迎来到表皮,皮肤的最外层。
Welcome to the epidermis, the top layer of the skin.
我们又回到外面了。
We are back outside.
那些是建筑物吗?
Are those buildings?
不是。
No.
不。
No.
它们不可能是。
They can't be.
我们仍然非常小。
We're still really small.
它们是毛发。
They're hairs.
哇哦。
Woah.
嗯,它们和摩天大楼一样高。
Well, they're as tall as skyscrapers.
那是什么?
What's that?
UBB支撑,收到。
UBB bracing, come in.
不。
No.
不。
No.
隐蔽!
Take cover.
要
Be
小心。
careful.
在表皮层,UBB会直接使你的皮肤细胞爆炸。
In the epidermis, UBB literally explodes your skin cells.
快,躲到这根头发下面。
Quick, hide under this hair.
看那边。
Look over there.
皮肤正在变粉红。
The skin is turning pink.
地面变热了吗?
Is the ground getting hot?
他们被晒伤了。
They're getting sunburned.
哦,我在这里都能感觉到。
Oh, I can feel that from here.
是的。
Yes.
皮肤表面是UVB赛车燃烧的地方。
The surface of the skin is where the UVB race cars burns.
啊,B代表灼伤。
Ah, b for burns.
对。
Yeah.
真的好热。
Really hot.
我去海滩时忘了在胳膊上涂防晒霜。
I went to the beach and forgot to put sunscreen on my arms.
好疼。
It hurts.
又痒又让皮肤变得鲜红。
It itches, and it makes your skin bright pink.
睡觉的时候会特别疼。
When you go to sleep, it would really hurt.
哇哦。
Woah.
看。
Look.
现在正在发生。
It's happening now.
皮肤变粉红了。
The skin's turning pink.
这并不是紫外线造成的。
That's not from the ultraviolet rays.
这种发红是因为身体正在试图修复。
That redness is because the body is trying to help.
是的。
Yes.
UVB正在破坏我们的表皮细胞。
The UVB is exploding our epidermal cells.
你看到的晒伤红肿,是身体正在向受损部位输送红细胞以促进愈合。
The redness that you see from the sunburn is your body sending red blood cells to heal the burn.
这就是我们所说的免疫反应。
It's what we call an immune response.
我们可以在皮肤的最表层看到这一现象。
And we can see it up here on the top layer of the skin.
我觉得他们应该涂点防晒霜。
I think they should put on some sunscreen.
我觉得他们现在正伸手去拿防晒霜瓶。
I think they're reaching to the sunscreen bottle now.
这是个好消息。
That's good news.
他们本来应该在出门前就涂好的,但迟做总比不做好。
They really should have done it before they came outside, but better late than never.
它无法修复已经造成的损伤,但能阻止情况进一步恶化。
It won't fix the damage that has already been done, but it will stop it getting worse.
来了。
Here it comes.
用了这么多啊。
That's so much of it.
防晒霜场景。
Sunscreen scenario.
快点。
Quick.
让手臂上的汗毛竖起来。
Blow up the arm hair.
不过闻起来挺香的。
It smells good though.
它正在渗透。
It's going
它正在被皮肤吸收。
It's soaking into the skin.
我们跳下去看看会发生什么。
Let's hop down and see what happens.
皮肤上有点闪亮的东西。
There's something a bit sparkly on the skin.
你能看到吗?
Can you see that?
这是一种矿物防晒霜。
This is a mineral sunscreen.
这意味着其中的特殊成分像微小的镜子一样覆盖在皮肤上。
It means that the special ingredients are like microscopic mirrors that cover the skin.
所有的紫外线都被反射出去了。
All the rays are being reflected away.
UVA和UVB。
UVA and UVB.
这就是它的原理。
This is how it works.
很酷。
Cool.
另一种防晒霜被称为有机防晒霜。
The other kind of sunscreen is called organic sunscreens.
它也非常有效,但不是将紫外线反射出去,而是分子像保护性海绵一样吸收它们,防止它们进入你的皮肤。
That is very effective too, but instead of reflecting the UV away, the molecules absorb them like a protective sponge, so they don't go into your skin.
哦,这太棒了。
Oh, that's amazing.
任何能防止晒伤的方法都好。
Anything to stop the sunburn.
巴勃罗,哪种防晒霜最好?
Pablo, which sunscreen is best?
最好的防晒霜是你喜欢并愿意使用的那一种。
The best sunscreen is the one that you like and want to wear.
我喜欢用含有各种颜色的氧化锌防晒霜。
I like to use zinc with all the colors.
我喜欢山羊奶防晒霜,因为它对我的湿疹有帮助。
I like the Goat milk sunscreen because it helps me with my eczema.
我喜欢用滚珠防晒霜。
I like to use the roll on sunscreen.
滚珠、喷雾或挤压式防晒霜。
Roly, spray, or squeezy sunscreen.
任何防晒霜。
Any sunscreen.
帕布罗,有没有哪种防晒霜能让我永远不被晒伤,永远不长皱纹?
Pablo, is there any sunscreen I can wear that will stop me from getting burnt like ever and stop me from ever getting any wrinkles?
很遗憾,我们还没有这么好的产品。
Unfortunately, we don't have anything that good.
抱歉,我们需要
Sorry, we need
就这样了。
that's it.
我再也不想出门了。
I'm never going outside ever again.
我相信我可以在卧室里快乐地生活,只看书,你们可以从窗户给我递零食。
I'm sure I can live a happy life in my bedroom just reading, and you guys can pass me snacks through the window.
这样可以吗?
Is that okay?
不行。
No.
你
You
你可以一直待在室内,尼茨。
can stay inside all the time, Nits.
户外活动对人类非常重要。
Spending time outdoors is really important for humans.
阳光能让我们合成维生素D。
The sun gives us vitamin d.
它还能让你感到快乐。
And it makes you feel happy.
所以你可以呼吸新鲜空气。
So you can get fresh air.
所以我们不会整天看电视。
So we don't watch TV all day.
你可以和朋友一起玩。
You can play with your friends.
为了开心。
To have fun.
是的。
Yes.
阳光为你提供维生素D。
Sunshine provides you with vitamin d.
它有助于我们的身体保持强壮和健康。
It helps our bodies stay strong and healthy.
此外,户外活动也能让我们感觉更快乐。
Plus, spending time outdoors make us feel happier too.
但如果我晒伤了怎么办?
But what if I get sunburned?
当你有遮阳措施时,就不会晒伤。
When you have bats and you don't get sunburned.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得当你的皮肤比较深色时,也不会被晒伤。
I think that too when you have dark skin, you don't get brushed.
巴勃罗,是这样吗?
Pablo, is that right?
嗯,这并不完全正确。
Well, that's not quite true.
过来一下。
Come over here.
让我们更仔细地看看这个细胞。
Let's look a little bit closer at this cell.
这个皮肤细胞看起来像戴着头盔。
It looks like that skin cell is wearing a helmet.
这个头盔叫做黑色素。
That helmet is called melanin.
黑色素。
Melanin.
黑色素。
Melanin.
黑色素赋予皮肤颜色。
Melanin gives skin its color.
我们都有黑色素,只是含量不同。
We all have melanin, just in different amounts.
皮肤较深的人比皮肤较浅的人拥有更多的黑色素。
People with darker skin have more melanin than people with lighter skin.
黑色素会吸收部分紫外线。
Melanin absorbs some of the UV rays.
哇,它们对抵御紫外线真有帮助。
Wow, they're really handy against the UV rays.
但没有人拥有足够的黑色素来完全保护自己。
But no one has enough to keep them safe.
我们所有人都需要使用防晒霜,无论肤色如何。
We all need sunscreen, no matter our skin color.
但肤色较深的人可能不需要那么多。
But people with darker skin might not need as much.
哦,明白了。
Oh, okay.
所以我不会一辈子待在卧室里了。
So I won't live in my bedroom forever.
很高兴听到这个。
Glad to hear it.
哦。
Oh.
所以你必须一直涂防晒霜吗?
So you always have to wear sunscreen?
每天都是吗?
Every single day?
是的。
Yes.
记住,即使天气寒冷,你也会被晒伤。
Just remember that you can get sunburn even when it's cold.
紫外线并不会让你感到热。
The UV rays don't make you feel hot.
事实上,你能感受到它们。
In fact, you can feel them.
真的吗?
Really?
没错。
Yep.
我们能感受到的,只是身体对晒伤的反应。
It's just our body's reaction to the sunburn that we can feel.
得了吧。
Come on.
让我们想象自己回到正常状态。
Let's imagine ourselves back to normal.
但我真的很想去游泳。
I'd really would like to go for a swim though.
太热了。
It's so hot.
我也是。
Me too.
我们应该去。
We should.
那太阳和紫外线怎么办?
What about the sun and the rays?
中午时分紫外线最强。
The UV is highest in the middle of the day.
这时候应该待在阴凉处,并用衣物遮盖身体。
That's the time to stay in the shade and cover up with clothing.
中午时分,防晒霜也格外重要。
Sunscreen is extra important in the middle of the day too.
但现在是傍晚了,紫外线没那么强。
But it's later in the day now, so the UV is not as strong.
我们还需要防晒霜吗?
Do we still need sunscreen?
除非你准备睡觉了,否则仍然需要防晒霜。
Unless you're getting ready for bed, you still need sunscreen.
快涂点防晒霜吧,小家伙。
Slap on some sunscreen, ninch.
我就不客气了。
Don't mind if I do.
我得擦到耳朵后面。
I have to get behind the ears.
没错。
Yep.
展开剩余字幕(还有 45 条)
还有后脖子。
And the back of the neck.
请再给我多一点。
More for me, please.
不想漏掉任何地方。
Don't wanna miss any spots.
我的头也需要再多涂一点,因为你知道,我没头发。
And I need a little bit more for my head because, you know, I don't have any hair.
嗯,我觉得我们都涂好了。
Well, I think we're all set.
我想知道,用太阳视觉来看会是什么样子。
I wonder what this would look like with that solar vision.
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
你们看起来像一群迪斯科球。
You all look like a bunch of disco balls.
哦,这个
Oh, the
光在你们身上反射。
light's bouncing right off you.
完美。
Perfect.
这意味着你们可以出去玩了。
That means that you're ready to go out and play.
谢谢,帕布洛医生。
Thanks, doctor Pablo.
想来快速游一下吗?
Wanna come for a quick dip?
在旗子之间。
Between the flags.
真扫兴。
Bummer.
准备好。
Brace you.
所以维奥莱特、罗辛和奥吉,我们需要涂抹防晒霜,因为太阳会发出紫外线或UV。
So Violet, Roshine, and Augie, we need to wear sunscreen because the sun makes ultraviolet light or UV.
它在彩虹中位于紫色之后。
It comes after violet in the rainbow.
UVC会被臭氧层阻挡。
UVC gets stopped by the ozone layer.
但UVA和UVB可以到达地球表面。
But UVA and UVB can make their way down to the Earth's surface.
耶哈。
Yeehaw.
当紫外线照射到皮肤细胞时,可能会造成晒伤。
When UV light hits skin cells, it can cause sun damage.
UVA导致老化
UVA for aging
长皱纹。
Getting wrinkles.
UVB导致晒伤。
And UVB for burns.
皮肤变红了。
It's turning red.
你感觉不到紫外线。
You can't feel UV.
你可能觉得冷,但仍然会被晒伤。
You can be cold, but you can be getting sunburn.
因此在澳大利亚,当紫外线强度高时,涂抹防晒霜很重要。
So it's important in Australia to wear sunscreen when the UV is high.
防晒霜通过反射紫外线来保护皮肤。
Sunscreen protects the skin from UV rays by reflecting them away
像一面镜子。
Like a mirror.
像一个迪斯科球。
Like a disco ball.
或者吸收它们
Or absorbing them
像一块海绵。
Like a sponge.
这样射线就不会进入细胞并造成伤害。
So the rays don't get inside the cells and cause damage.
晒伤会刺痛。
Sunburn stings.
沐浴在阳光下是人类生活的一部分。
Being in sunshine is part of being human.
它让我们快乐健康,并为我们提供所需的重要的维生素。
It keeps us happy and healthy and gives us important vitamins we need.
涂抹防晒霜让我们在阳光下更安全。
Wearing sunscreen means we can be safer in the sun.
谢谢,防晒霜。
Thanks, sunscreen.
谢谢,防晒霜。
Thanks, sunscreen.
谢谢,防晒霜。
Thanks, sunscreen.
谢谢你让我的皮肤如此闪亮。
Thank you for making my skin so shiny.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。