本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本BBC播客在英国境外由广告支持。
This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.
你好。
Hello.
我是雷·温斯顿。
It's Ray Winstone.
我来向大家介绍我在BBC广播四台的播客《史上最强悍的英雄》。
I'm here to tell you about my podcast on BBC Radio four, history's toughest heroes.
我将讲述那些定义坚韧的开拓者、叛逆者和局外人的故事。
I've got stories about the pioneers, the rebels, the outcasts who define tough.
那是第一次有人开着没轮胎的车跑那么快。
And that was the first time that anybody ever ran a car up that fast with no tires on.
感觉就像眼珠子都要从脑袋里蹦出来。
It almost feels like your eyeballs are gonna come out of your head.
够硬核吗?
Tough enough for you?
订阅《史上最强悍的英雄》,各大播客平台均可收听。
Subscribe to history's toughest heroes wherever you get your podcast.
你看过我们的新简易视频系列《伦敦字母挑战》了吗?
Have you watched our new easy video series, the London Letter Challenge.
学习大量实用的新单词和短语,包括谈论过去的表达、描述感受的形容词等等。
Learn lots of useful new words and phrases, language to talk about the past, adjectives to describe feelings, and lots more.
语言内容会重复出现以助学习。
Language is repeated to help you learn.
立即在我们的网站上观看伦敦字母挑战赛。
Watch the London Letter Challenge on our website now.
Bbclearningenglish.com。
Bbclearningenglish.com.
你好。
Hello.
欢迎收听新一期的《真正简单英语》,我们的播客节目通过简单英语的真实对话来帮助你学习。
Welcome to another episode of Real Easy English, our podcast where we have real conversations in easy English to help you learn.
我是尼尔。
I'm Neil.
我是乔治。
And I'm Georgie.
你可以在我们的网站上观看带字幕的视频,那里还有练习题可以测试你学到的内容。
You can watch this video with subtitles on our website where you'll also find a worksheet to test what you've learned.
访问bbclearningenglish.com。
Visit bbclearningenglish.com.
嗨,乔治。
Hi, Georgie.
你好吗?
How are you?
我很好。
I'm good.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你好吗?
How are you?
我今天有点累。
I'm kinda tired today.
所以你累了。
So you're tired.
嗯,今天我们讨论的是午睡。
Well, today we are talking about naps.
也许你待会儿可以在办公室小睡一下。
Maybe you can have a little nap in the office later.
午睡就是白天短暂地睡一会儿。
And a nap is when you have a short sleep in the daytime.
那么尼尔,你平时会午睡吗?
So Neil, do you usually nap?
不。
No.
我不午睡。
I don't.
我不太擅长午睡。
I'm not very good at having naps.
我发现白天很难入睡。
I find it difficult to get to sleep in the day.
而且如果我午睡后,感觉会很糟糕。
And if I do have a nap afterwards, I feel really bad.
是啊。
Yeah.
我也是。
Me too.
我唯一会小睡的情况就是起得特别特别早的时候。
The only time I will ever have a nap is if I've got up really, really early.
比如为了赶早班飞机凌晨4点起床,下午就可能会补个觉。
For example, if I've got up early for a flight, like 4AM, then I might have a nap in the afternoon.
但我真的尽量避免午睡,因为和你一样,醒来后感觉更糟。
But I really avoid naps because like you, when I wake up, I feel worse.
我小睡后从没感觉更好过。
I never feel better after a nap.
所以我不理解那些经常午睡的人。
So I don't understand people that nap all the time.
我妻子是个午睡高手。
My wife is an expert at napping.
哦,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
她能像开关灯一样随时睡着和醒来。
She can switch herself off and on like a light.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我觉得这是项了不起的技能。
I think it's an amazing skill.
我非常嫉妒。
I'm very jealous.
是啊。
Yeah.
她经常这样吗?
Does she do it often?
是啊。
Yeah.
她工作得很早又很晚,有时候还要轮班。
She works very early and late, sometimes shifts.
所以我觉得如果你有那种工作,午睡真的很重要。
So I think if you have that kind of job, napping is really important.
我不午睡,因为对我没什么帮助。
I don't nap because it doesn't help me.
但我真的很享受午睡的过程。
But I really enjoy I enjoy the actual process of napping.
睡个觉很舒服,不是吗?
It's nice to go to sleep, isn't it?
你会感到放松。
You feel relaxed.
确实。
You do.
是啊。
Yeah.
我睡眠不足,思维也不清晰。
I don't sleep enough, I don't think.
不。
No.
而且睡得好让我感觉很好。
And it makes me feel good when I sleep well.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但通常我太享受夜晚了,以至于不想早睡。
But usually, I enjoy the evening so much that I don't want to go to bed early.
所以你睡得既不多也不好。
So you don't sleep very much or very well.
这会让你白天感到疲倦吗?
Does that make you tired during the day?
经常。
Often.
是的。
Yes.
我觉得累。
I feel tired.
但不像以前那么糟,因为我的孩子们现在都大了。
But it's not as bad as it used to be because my kids are older now.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你呢?
How about you?
是的。
Yes.
我早上经常感觉精力充沛。
I often feel quite energetic in the morning.
但到了下午精力就会急剧下降,所以我通常早上喝一杯咖啡,下午再喝一杯来提神。
And then I my energy crashes in the afternoon, which is why I often drink coffee once in the morning and once in the afternoon to boost my energy.
你还有什么其他方法让自己感觉更好、不那么疲惫吗?
Is there anything else you do to feel better, feel less tired?
目前没有,但我知道运动能让我更有活力,这很奇怪,因为你觉得运动应该会更累,但它往往能给人能量。
Not at the moment, but I know that when I exercise, that helps me feel more energetic, which is strange because you think that would make you more tired, but it often gives people energy.
你呢?
What about you?
有什么减少疲劳的建议吗?
Any tips for feeling less tired?
有。
Yeah.
我完全同意。
I absolutely agree.
如果你感到疲倦,有时候做点运动或出去呼吸新鲜空气、散散步是很好的选择。
If you're feeling tired, sometimes a good thing to do is do some exercise or go and get some fresh air, go for a walk.
它不会让你更累,反而会让你清醒一些。
And instead of making you feel more tired, it makes you wake up a bit.
我经常早上精力充沛,但一到下午就无精打采。
So I often feel very energetic in the morning, but then my energy crashes in the afternoon.
你也是这样吗,尼尔?
Do you have the same, Neil?
你有没有觉得下午精力不济或状态下滑?
Do you find your energy crashing or going down in the afternoon?
是的。
Yes.
有时候会。
Sometimes.
有时候下午我会打很多哈欠。
Sometimes in the afternoon, I yawn a lot.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
打哈欠就是张大嘴深呼吸。
A yawn a yawn is when you open your open your mouth and breathe deeply.
我给大家示范一下。
I'll show people.
然后你会这样
And you go
对。
Yes.
我在办公室见过你这样。
I've seen you do that in the office.
你经常打哈欠。
You yawn a lot.
是啊。
Yeah.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我确实看到过有人在办公室打盹。
I've seen people actually in our office snoozing.
打个盹,就像小睡一会儿。
Having a snooze, like having a little nap.
我也见过。
I've seen it too.
没错。
Yeah.
并不是因为他们懒,而是因为有时候大家需要工作到深夜或凌晨,所以很疲惫。
And not because they're lazy, because sometimes people here have to work very late at night or very early in the morning, so they're tired.
是啊。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
让我们回顾一下本期节目中的词汇,从小睡开始。
Let's recap the vocabulary we've heard in this programme, starting with nap.
小睡(nap)是指白天短暂的睡眠,这是个名词,但也可以作为动词使用。
A nap is a short sleep during the daytime, and that's a noun, but it's also a verb to nap.
我们还听到了snooze(小睡),这与nap(午睡)类似。
We also heard snooze, which is similar to nap.
如果你snooze(小睡),就是短时间内浅睡一会儿。
If you snooze, you sleep lightly for a short time.
我们还听到了yawn(哈欠)。
And we heard yawn.
yawn(打哈欠)就是当你疲惫时像这样深深吸气。
A yawn is when you breathe in deeply when you're tired like this.
而且我经常打哈欠。
And I do it a lot.
我们还听到了crash(崩溃)。
We also heard crash.
如果你的energy crashes(精力崩溃),就是指精力下降或减退。
If your energy crashes, it falls or goes down.
比如,我的精力经常在下午崩溃。
For example, my energy often crashes in the afternoon.
以上就是本期《轻松英语》的全部内容,下周我们将带来另一期《轻松英语真实对话》。
That's it for this episode of Real Easy English, but we'll be back next week with another Real Conversation in Easy English.
试试我们网站上的练习题,检验你学到的知识。
Try the worksheet on our website to test what you've learned.
访问bbclearningenglish.com。
Visit bbclearningenglish.com.
何不试试我们新的轻松视频系列《伦敦信件挑战》呢?
And why not try our new easy video series, the London Letter Challenge.
您也可以在我们的网站上找到它。
You can also find it on our website.
暂时先这样,再见。
Goodbye for now.
再见。
Goodbye.
你好。
Hello.
我是雷·温斯顿。
It's Ray Winstone.
我来是为了告诉你我在BBC广播四台的播客《史上最强悍的英雄》。
I'm here to tell you about my podcast on BBC Radio four, history's toughest heroes.
我有关于先驱者、反叛者和那些定义强悍的局外人的故事。
I've got stories about the pioneers, the rebels, the outcasts who define tough.
那是第一次有人开着没有轮胎的车跑得那么快。
And that was the first time that anybody ever ran a car up that fast with no tires on.
感觉就像你的眼球要从脑袋里蹦出来一样。
It almost feels like your eyeballs are gonna come out of your head.
够强悍吗?
Tough enough for you?
无论你在哪里收听播客,都可以订阅《史上最强悍的英雄》。
Subscribe to history's toughest heroes wherever you get your podcast.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。