本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
感谢收听《从新闻中学英语》。
Thanks for listening to Learning English from the News.
在BBC,我们的同事调查来自世界各地的重要新闻。
At the BBC, our colleagues investigate important stories from around the world.
在这个新系列《英语中的世界》中,我们将为您呈现BBC最优秀的纪录片,使用您能理解的语言。
In this new series, Our World in English, we're bringing you the best documentaries from the BBC in language you can understand.
本集名为《哈尔科夫:战区中的爱》。
This episode is called Kharkiv, love in a war zone.
我正在波兰和乌克兰的边境。
I'm at the Polish Ukrainian border.
现在是中午。
It's midday.
外面很热,33摄氏度。
It's hot outside, 33 degrees.
我在这里等待。
I'm waiting here.
我已经在这里排队等了四个多小时。
I've been waiting here for more than four hours in a queue.
这里的进展实在太慢了。
They've broke really slowly here.
这是我前往乌克兰途中等待时间最长的一次。
This is the the longest time I've been ever waiting waiting on my way to Ukraine.
但无论如何,我迫不及待想见到科斯佳。
But, anyway, I can't wait to be with Kostya.
这是捷克作家兼记者阿黛拉·克诺埃波娃。
This is Adela Knoepova, a Czech writer and journalist.
她被困在排队等候进入乌克兰的队伍中。
She's stuck in a queue to cross the border into Ukraine.
看起来轮到我向前再移动两米了,我现在就过去。
It looks like it's my turn to go to move another two meters, so I'm gonna do it now.
我实在迫不及待想见到霍斯佳了,老实说,我都累了。
I just can't wait to be with Khostya, and I'm tired, to be honest.
我们都累了。
We are all tired.
这里每个人都累了。
Everyone here is tired.
阿黛拉正在前往乌克兰东部的哈尔科夫,那里靠近俄罗斯边境。
Adela is traveling to Kharkiv in Eastern Ukraine, close to the border with Russia.
哈尔科夫是乌克兰遭到轰炸最严重的城市之一。
Kharkiv is one of the most bombed cities in Ukraine.
阿黛拉大约一年前搬到哈尔科夫,当时她遇到了一位名叫康斯坦丁·佐尔金的艺术家,她称他为科斯佳。
Adela moved to Kharkiv around a year ago after she met an artist called Konstantin Zorkin, who she calls Kostya.
阿黛拉坠入了爱河。
Adela fell in love.
她离开了在布拉格的生活,搬到哈尔科夫与科斯佳在一起。
She left her life in Prague and moved to Kharkiv to be with Kostya.
如果一年前有人告诉我,我会住在哈尔科夫,会坠入爱河,会在哈尔科夫感到幸福,并为哈尔科夫放弃我在布拉格的一切生活。
If someone told me even one year ago that I will live in Kharkiv, that I will fall in love and that I will be happy in Kharkiv and that I will live all my Prague life for Kharkiv.
我会认为那个人是个疯子。
I would consider that person a crazy man or woman.
我只会说,这不可能,绝对不可能。
Just I would say it's no way, No way.
为了爱情,你能走多远?
How far would you go for love?
在过去的一年里,BBC国际台一直在与哈尔科夫的人们交谈。
Over the past year, BBCI has been speaking to people in Kharkiv.
在本节目中,我们将讲述阿黛拉和康斯坦丁的故事。
In this program, we're going to tell one story about Adela and Constantin.
以及在乌克兰战争持续期间,他们在哈尔科夫的生活是什么样子。
And what their life in Kharkiv is like as the war in Ukraine continues.
阿黛拉在布拉格的朋友希望她回家。
Adela's friends in Prague want her to come home.
但阿黛拉想和科斯佳在一起,而科斯佳觉得他必须留在哈尔科夫。
But Adela wants to be with Kostya, and Kostya feels he needs to stay in Kharkiv.
这是他的家。
It's his home.
当我身在布拉格时,他们总是问我,为什么你不把科斯佳带过来?
When I'm in Prague, they always ask me, why don't you bring Ostiantum with you?
我们可以帮你。
We can help you.
他可以住在这里。
He can live here.
但我说,他不想住在这里。
But I say, he doesn't want to live here.
这是他的城市。
It's his city.
这是他们的国家。
It's their country.
他们不能逃走。
They can't run away.
他们不想逃跑。
They don't want to run away.
哈尔科夫是个危险的居住地。
Kharkiv is a dangerous place to live.
当然,如果俄罗斯人进入哈尔科夫,我们就无处可去了。
Of course, if Russians enter Kharkiv, there is no place for us.
我们会死,我们两个都会。
We will be killed, both of us.
我们知道,不只是我们这样。
And we know it, it's not only us.
战争的现实就是如此。
The reality of the war is like this.
但只要哈尔科夫仍在遭受俄罗斯轰炸,战争仍在继续,那里就是我的地方,我的家,因为那是科斯佳的家。
But as long as Kharkiv is under Russian bombing and the war is going on, that's my place, that's my home, because it's Kostya's home.
到2025年5月,独立监测机构称,哈尔科夫地区已有1684名平民在战争中丧生,并发生了超过23,079次袭击。
By the May 2025, independent monitors say sixteen eighty four civilians had been killed in the Kharkiv region during the war, and there had been over 23,079 attacks.
这是科斯蒂亚在地下室的艺术工作室。
This is Konstantin's art studio in a basement.
阿黛拉和科斯蒂亚就是在这里第一次相遇的。
This is where Adela and Kostya first met.
科斯蒂亚坐在桌边,讲述他与阿黛拉相遇的故事。
Sitting at the table, Kostya talks about meeting Adela.
我们当时坐在这张桌子旁,聊着哈尔科夫和这座城市的感觉,而阿黛拉就坐在我现在坐的这把椅子上。
We were sitting at this table talking about Kharkiv, about the feeling in the city, and Adela sat on the chair that I'm sitting on now.
除了我,我不允许任何人坐这把椅子。
And I don't let anyone sit on this chair except for me.
当时这里有两位记者,我感到非常紧张。
And there were two journalists here, and I felt very tense.
于是我开始和她说话。
And I just started talking to her.
我看着她,她也看着我。
I looked at her, and she looked at me.
我记得这就像一个神奇的故事,因为我几乎从未离开过这个地下室。
And I remember it as this magical story, because I hardly ever left this basement.
周围到处都是死亡。
There was so much death around.
我一直在工作,而爱与温暖却找到了我。
I worked all the time and love, warmth found me.
那次在科斯佳工作室会面一个月后,阿黛拉搬到了哈尔科夫。
A month after that meeting in Kostya's studio, Adela moved to Kharkiv.
从那以后,他们就一直在一起。
They've been together ever since.
我最亲密的朋友说,哈尔科夫改变了我。
My closest friends say that Kharkiv has changed me.
他们说,我的眼神不同了,笑容也不同了。
I have different eyes, they say, a different smile.
我不知道,自己并没有察觉到。
I don't know, not aware of it.
我处于一个独特的位置,半在内,半在外。
I have a unique position, half inside, half outside.
我随时都可以逃到安全的地方。
I can run to safety at any time.
有时候,我甚至为此感到内疚。
Sometimes I even feel guilty for that.
但只要科斯佳还在哈尔科夫,我就别无选择,只能和他一起住在这里。
But as long as Kostya is here in Kharkiv, I have no choice but to live here with him.
他从未要求我跟他一起住在这里。
He never asked me to live here with him.
他总是重复说,他知道我所承担的风险。
He always repeats that he is aware of the risks I'm taking.
但我不会撒谎。
But I won't lie.
在这一切生活、爱情、幸福、希望和感激的深处,某种悲伤依然存在。
Somewhere deep beneath all this life, love, happiness, hope and gratitude, well, there is a sadness.
我想我还没有对任何人说过这一点。
I think I haven't admitted it aloud to anyone yet.
无尽的悲伤。
The endless sadness.
两周后,在6月7日凌晨,哈尔科夫遭受了战争以来最猛烈的无人机和导弹袭击之一。
Two weeks later, in the early hours of the June 7, Kharkiv is hit by one of the most powerful drone and missile attacks of the war.
这次袭击发生在乌克兰袭击俄罗斯空军基地五天后。
It comes five days after a Ukrainian attack on a Russian air base.
你听到的是沙赫德无人机和乌克兰军队试图将其击落。
What you hear is the shahed and the Ukrainian army trying to shoot them down.
这一夜这里发生了四十多次爆炸。
It's more than 40 explosions during the night here.
火箭、弹道导弹和数十架沙赫德无人机。
Rockets, ballistic missiles, and dozens of shaheds.
这是我们今晚经历的战争以来俄罗斯对哈尔科夫最大规模的袭击。
It's the biggest Russian attack on Kharkiv during the war, what we're experiencing this night.
现在还不到凌晨四点。
It's not even four in the morning.
这是一个可怕的夜晚,阿黛拉不知道是否该留在哈尔科夫。
It's a scary night, and Adela doesn't know whether to stay in Kharkiv.
当最后的爆炸声响起时,科斯佳告诉我他会帮我收拾东西,我应该活下去,但我无法活下去。
When the last explosions, Kostya told me that he will help me pack my stuff and I should live, but I can't live.
我想和他待在一起,但同时,我又觉得需要冷静下来,深呼吸。
I wanna stay with him, but at the same time, I feel like I need to calm down, to breathe.
后来,在他们的厨房里,阿黛拉和科斯佳正在做午餐。
Later in their kitchen, Adela and Kostya are cooking lunch.
科斯佳告诉我们,正是这样微小的日常琐事,帮助人们生存下去。
It's small everyday routines like this, Kostya tells us, that help you survive.
在这片混乱中,你唯一觉得能做的事,就是在还能的时候好好生活。
In this chaos, the only thing that you feel you can do is to live your life while you can.
好好生活,去爱,去工作,为正在发生的一切做出某种贡献。
Live your life, love, work, and make some kind of contribution to what's happening.
六月,阿黛拉离开哈尔科夫,前往她位于海边的希腊房屋度过一个月。
In June, Adela leaves Kharkiv to spend a month in Greece in a house she owns by the sea.
与此同时,对哈尔科夫的袭击仍在继续。
Meanwhile, the attacks on Kharkiv continue.
当阿黛拉返回哈尔科夫时,美国总统唐纳德·特朗普宣布将与俄罗斯总统弗拉基米尔·普京会面,试图为结束战争找到出路。
When Adela returns to Kharkiv, US President Donald Trump announces he will meet Russian President Vladimir Putin to try to find an end to the war.
唐纳德·特朗普和弗拉基米尔·普京抵达了安克雷奇。
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin arrived in Anchorage
两天后,乌克兰总统弗拉基米尔·泽连斯基与欧洲领导人飞往华盛顿,就和平问题进行更多会谈。
Two days later, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and European leaders fly to Washington for more talks about peace.
唐纳德·特朗普已确认,美国将作为结束俄乌战争协议的一部分,参与对乌克兰的安全保障。
Donald Trump has confirmed The US would be involved in security guarantees for Ukraine as part of a deal to end the war with Russia.
那个周末,阿黛拉和科斯蒂亚举办了一场小型派对,庆祝他们的生日。
That weekend, Adela and Kostya are hosting a small party to celebrate their birthdays.
阿黛拉一直在关注特朗普总统、普京总统、泽连斯基总统与欧洲领导人之间谈判的新闻。
Adela has been watching the news about the negotiations between President Trump, President Putin, President Zelenskyy, and European leaders.
但住在哈尔科夫,她很难相信这场战争会很快结束。
But living in Kharkiv, she finds it difficult to believe that the war will end soon.
现在,我觉得有两种现实。
Right now, I feel like there are two realities.
乌克兰以外的现实。
The reality outside Ukraine.
当普京、特朗普、泽连斯基和欧洲领导人交谈时,他们假装和平即将到来,但其实只是空谈,因为在这里乌克兰,一切都没有改变。
When Putin and Trump and Zelensky and the European leaders are talking and they're pretending the peace is coming but it's just blah blah blah because here in Ukraine nothing has changed.
和平并没有更近。
The peace is not closer.
所以,目前我留在哈尔科夫的原因,和我当初搬来这里与科斯佳在一起的原因一样。
So for now the reason I stay here in Kharkiv is the same as why I moved here to be with Kostya.
我只是觉得,我正身处我本该在的地方,和我生命中的挚爱在一起。
I simply feel I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and with a man who is the love of my life.
你知道,死亡是不可避免的。
You know, the death is inevitable.
我们唯一的自由就是选择如何生活。
Our only freedom is to choose to live our own way.
而我做出了选择。
And I chose.
感谢收听这期由BBC I制作的纪录片《哈尔科夫战区之爱》改编的《我们的世界》英语节目。
Thanks for listening to this episode of Our World in English based on the documentary, Kharkiv Love in a War Zone by BBC I.
本节目最初于2025年9月播出。
This program was originally broadcast in September 2025.
自那以来,哈尔科夫的轰炸持续不断,这座城市已遭到破坏。
Since then, bombings in Kharkiv have continued and war of the city has been destroyed.
结束战斗的谈判也一直在进行,但目前战争仍在继续。
Talks to end the fighting have also carried on, but for now, the war continues.
您可以通过下方节目说明中的链接了解有关BBC I的更多信息。
You can find more information about BBCI by following the link in the notes below this program.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。