本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
自从怀孕以来,我被市场上众多富有创意的小企业深深震撼了。
Since getting pregnant, I have been blown away by all the creative small businesses out there.
从轻如空气的婴儿毯,到那些底部带有食物收集器的聪明围兜,许多女性和家庭正将他们的热情或问题转化为事业。
From light as air baby blankets to brilliant products like those bibs that have food catchers at the bottom, so many women and families are turning their passion or their problem into a business.
如果你一直想成为创业者,今年就是你的机会。
If you've been thinking about becoming an entrepreneur, this is your year.
许多销售汽车座椅套和婴儿袜子的小企业都在使用今天的赞助商Square,这背后有很好的原因。
So many of those little businesses selling car seat covers and baby socks use today's sponsor Square, and there's a great reason for that.
Square让经营生意变得简单,让你可以专注于创意。
Square makes running a business easy so you can focus on being creative.
使用Square,无论你是在店里、外出途中,还是独自经营,都可以实时追踪销售、管理库存并查看报告。
With Square, you can track sales, manage inventory, and access reports in real time, whether you're in your shop, on the go, or running things solo.
记住,目标是为你的创意获得报酬,Square也能帮你实现这一点。
Remember, the goal is to get paid for your creativity, and Square helps with that too.
Square适用于单店、快闪店、移动服务业务以及多门店连锁 franchises。
Square works for one location shops, pop ups, mobile service businesses, and multilocation franchises.
在自助终端、柜台、网站或手机上收款,所有数据实时同步。
Take payments at a kiosk, counter, website, or with your phone all synced in real time.
从在农贸市场销售,到开设第四家门店乃至更远,Square都将与你同行。
So they will be with you from selling at the farmer's market all the way to opening your fourth location and beyond.
如果你还在犹豫,今年就是你的机会。
If you're on the fence, this is your year.
走出去,把你的梦想变成一家实体店。
Go out there and turn your dream into a storefront.
使用Square,你将获得经营业务所需的所有工具,而无需任何合同或复杂流程。
With Square, you get all the tools to run your business with none of the contracts or complexity.
还等什么呢?
And why wait?
现在,你可以在 square.com/go/mnn 获得最高200美元的Square硬件折扣。
Right now, you can get up to $200 off Square hardware at square.com/go/mnn.
网址是 square.com/go/mnn。
That's square.com/go/mnn.
用 Square 更智能地经营您的业务。
Run your business smarter with Square.
立即开始吧。
Get started today.
为了庆祝假期,我和我的家人将前往佛罗里达探望我的岳父母。
For the holidays, my family and I are headed to Florida to visit my in laws.
对我来说,让我的女儿认识她的大家庭并有机会与他们共度时光非常重要。
It is super important to me that my daughter knows her extended family and has the opportunity to spend time with them.
虽然我们要从一个温暖的邮编区前往另一个温暖的邮编区,但我知道我们依然能感受到与亲人团聚的温馨假日氛围。
While we're leaving one warm ZIP code for another, I know we'll still be getting that cozy holiday feeling of being with loved ones.
不太温馨的部分是运送三个人横跨全国的费用。
The not so cozy part is the cost of flying three people across the country.
我知道这个时候很多人都有这种感受。
I know a lot of us are feeling that this time of year.
开销很快就累积起来了。
The costs add up fast.
这就是我喜欢在Airbnb上出租我家的原因。
That's why I love hosting my home on Airbnb.
在我们外出时,这是一种轻松赚取额外收入的方式,这些额外的现金可以帮助资助我们的下一次旅行。
It's an easy way to bring in some extra income while we're away, and that extra cash can help fund our next trip.
假设你计划了一次长途旅行,或者打算逃到更温暖的地方,在海滩上远程工作。
Let's say you have a big trip planned or are escaping to a warmer part of the world to work from the beach.
为什么让你的家空置黑暗,而它本可以为你赚钱呢?
Why leave your home sitting empty and dark when it could be making money for you?
今年,多亏了Airbnb的联合房东网络,出租你的家变得前所未有的简单。
This year, it's easier than ever to host your home thanks to Airbnb's cohost network.
通过联合房东网络,你可以聘请一位本地联合房东,在你外出时照看你的家和客人。
With the cohost network, you can hire a local cohost to take care of your home and your guests while you're away.
联合房东可以处理所有事情。
A co host can do it all.
创建你的房源列表、处理入住手续、提供现场支持,并让你安心,知道你的家和客人都在你外出时得到了妥善照顾。
Create your listing, handle check ins, provide on-site support, and give you peace of mind that your home and guests are being taken care of while you're away.
所以,如果你一直想做房东,但不知道从哪里开始,就在 airbnb.com/host 上找一位联合房东吧。
So if you've been thinking about hosting, but you don't know where to start, find a cohost at airbnb.com/host.
如果你今天只记住一件事,钱疗师们,那就记住这个。
If you take only one thing away from today's episode, money rehabbers, let it be this.
在我看来,Public 是投资债券、股票、ETF、期权甚至加密货币的最佳经纪平台。
In my not so humble opinion, Public is the best brokerage for investing in bonds, stocks, ETFs, options, and even crypto.
你可以亲自试一试,去 public.com/moneyrehab 了解我为何如此喜爱它。
You can try it out for yourself and see why I love it so much at public.com/moneyrehab.
Public 确实是我用来购买债券的唯一平台。
Public is legit the only platform I use to buy bonds.
在使用 Public 之前,我总是很麻烦地购买政府债券。
Before Public, I used to buy government bonds the hard way.
网站速度慢、界面混乱,设计风格完全像是上世纪2000年代初的产物。
Slow websites, confusing interfaces, website designs straight out of the early two thousands.
想象一下,乐趣在哪里死去。
Just picture where fun goes to die.
就这样了。
That was it.
然后我在五年前发现了Public,从此再也没回头。
And then I found public about five years ago, and I have not looked back.
我现在终于可以买债券了,而不会想把头发扯掉。
I can now finally buy bonds without wanting to rip my hair out.
Public让购买债券变得如此简单。
Public makes it so easy to buy bonds.
无论你是喜欢国债还是公司债券,都可以直接在手机上浏览成千上万的选择。
Whether you're into treasuries or corporate bonds, you can browse thousands of options right from your phone.
但正如我所说,Public不仅仅只关注债券。
But like I said, Public isn't just all about bonds.
你还可以找到股票和ETF,并且他们提供一个年化收益率为4.1%的高收益现金账户,高于全国平均水平。
You can also find stocks and ETFs, and they offer a high yield cash account with a 4.1% APY, which is higher than the national average.
他们甚至还有退休账户。
They even have retirement accounts.
你现在可以直接在Public上开设传统IRA或罗斯IRA,或两者都开。
You can now open a traditional or Roth IRA or both right on public.
所以你的未来自我已经得到保障。
So your future self covered.
限时优惠:你所有的IRA存款、IRA转账和401(k)转存均可获得1%的匹配奖励。
And for a limited time, you can earn a 1% match on all your IRA deposits, IRA transfers, and four zero one k rollovers.
如果你想体验一种既智能又简单的投资方式,请前往 public.com/moneyrehab。
If you want an investing experience that's both smart and simple, head to public.com/moneyrehab.
再强调一次,public.com/moneyrehab。
One more time, public.com/moneyrehab.
这是对Public Investing的付费推广。
This is a paid endorsement for public investing.
完整披露和条款请见播客描述。
Full disclosures and conditions can be found in the podcast description.
本集节目在Money News Network演播室录制,由美国银行赞助。
This episode was taped in the Money News Network studio brought to you by US Bank.
我是妮可·拉平,你是唯一不需要字典就能理解的金融专家。
I'm Nicole Lapin, the only financial expert you don't need a dictionary to understand.
是时候进行一些财务康复了。
It's time for some money rehab.
女性表示,她们在家承担了64%的家务劳动和73%的心理劳动。
Women report doing 64% of the domestic labor in their houses and 73% of the mental labor.
是的。
Yes.
这确实是个问题。
That is a thing.
我的朋友伊芙·罗德斯基是《公平游戏》一书的作者。
My friend Eve Rodsky is the author of the book Fair Play.
她不仅推动了这方面的研究,还提出了帮助平衡两性关系中分工的策略。
She has championed not only research on this, but also strategies to help level the playing field in relationships.
她的书不仅是《纽约时报》畅销书,还被瑞茜·威瑟斯彭选为读书俱乐部推荐读物,这可是件了不起的大事。
Her book was not only a New York Times bestseller, but it was also a Reese Witherspoon book club pick, which is a big freaking deal.
所以今天,我们来谈谈如何在你自己的方式下让关系更加平等,并回答一些关于关系质量最热门的问题,比如是否可以接受九比一的关系。
So today, we talk about how you can make your relationship more equal on your terms and answer some of the most viral questions out there about relationship quality, like whether or not it is okay to have a ninety ten relationship.
我觉得这场对话非常有帮助,甚至可以说很治愈,我相信你也会有同感。
I found this conversation extremely helpful and honestly pretty cathartic, and I think you will too.
艾芙·罗德斯基,欢迎来到《金钱康复》。
Eve Rodsky, welcome to Money Rehab.
欢迎回到《金钱康复》。
Welcome back to Money Rehab.
是的。
Yes.
我必须得来。
I got to be here.
我想我从未在节目中说过,你真的是我最喜爱的人之一。
I don't think I've ever said this on the show that you are legitimately one of my favorite humans.
虽然我们不见面的次数更多,但每次见面,我都特别喜欢你,也特别钦佩你所代表的一切。
And I don't see you all the time, but when I do, I just love you and I love everything you stand for.
我感觉和你有着特别深厚的联系,你在火灾期间挺身而出救了我,你就是那种最了不起的女性。
And I feel like such a great connection to you, and you came to my rescue during the fires, like the ultimate woman's woman that you are.
谢谢你。
So thank you.
哦,
Oh,
我始终支持着你。
I'm always rooting for you.
我觉得你的观点至关重要,不仅对女性,对所有人都是如此,但尤其对女性意义重大。
I think your messaging is crucial, obviously, not just for women, for everybody, but especially to women.
而且在我推出第一本书的时候,你也是对我最友善的人之一,你自己的生活已经很忙碌了。
And and you also were one of the most wonderful people to me when I was launching my first book, you have a busy life.
但你还是坐下来,给了我如此重要的建议。
And so you sat down with me and gave me such important advice.
我们其实是在一次见面时认识的,我把所有的电子表格都给了你。
We met actually I gave you all my spreadsheets.
你把你的电子表格给了我。
And you gave me your spreadsheets.
你问:‘你想要我的电子表格吗?’
Was like, do you want my spreadsheets?
你说:‘这正是我的爱的语言。’
And you're like, you are that is my love language.
嗯。
Yeah.
是的。
Yes.
你知道我有多爱电子表格,因为我的整个运动都建立在我做的那些表格之上。
And you know that I love a spreadsheet since my entire movement is based on the shit I do spreadsheets.
所以我们因为对电子表格的共同热爱而产生了共鸣。
So our we bonded over our mutual love of Spreadsheets.
电子表格。
Spreadsheets.
但我得坦白一件事。
But I have to come clean about something.
我是说,我当然喜欢这种信息,而且我看到它在女性中引起了多大的共鸣。
Like, I love the messaging, obviously, and I saw, like, what a chord it struck with women.
但那时我还是单身。
But I was single at the time.
没错。
That's right.
所以让我告诉你,自从你2022年上节目以来,我已经结婚并有了一个孩子。
And so let me tell you, since you came on the show in 2022, I've gotten married and have a baby.
天啊,你现在说的每一句话,是不是都以完全不同的方式触动了我?
And holy shit, does everything you say now resonate on a whole other level?
我懂了。
Like, I got it.
对吧。
Right.
但现在,你懂了。
But now, like You got it.
我,是的。
I Yes.
我懂了。
I got it.
就像在我的内心、在我的灵魂深处,从祖先传承下来的那样。
Like, in my core, in my soul, like, ancestrally.
是的。
Yes.
从祖先传承下来的。
Ancestrally.
我确实懂了。
I do.
是的。
Yes.
我的意思是,你所谈到的一切,我真的觉得,从你线上直播活动中女性们的回应中就能看出来,她们都在说:是的。
Like, truly, everything you've talked about, I think looking at the response that I would see at live events of yours online of women being like, yes.
是的,伊芙。
Yes, Eve.
我看到了,这太棒了。
Like, I saw it, and it was so cool.
但现在,我也成了那样的人。
But, like, now I'm one of those.
是的。
Yes.
我就是那些女士中的一员。
I'm one of those ladies.
我看到了你所有看不见的努力。
I see I see all of your invisible work.
我看到你养育了一个了不起的女儿。
I see you raising an amazing daughter.
我想起你书中讲过、在节目里也讲过的蓝莓故事。
I think about the blueberry story that you tell you you've told in your book, you told on the show.
这听起来可能有点奇怪,但有一部分对我来说有点模糊,因为妈妈脑真的存在。
And this sounds so wrong, but there's a part of it that, like, is a little bit fuzzy to me because mom brain
当然。
Of course.
妈妈脑真的太真实了。
Is so real.
你当时在车里。
So you're in the car.
关于刺伤阴道这件事,我不记得了,但我一直会想到它。
There's something about stabbing your vagina that I don't remember, but I think about this all the time.
是的。
Yes.
对于可能没听过我们之前对话的人,尼科尔,或者至少是我,这个故事是:我现在发起了一项运动,根据我们的数据,它已经影响了数百万人,并覆盖了27个国家。
So the story for those who maybe not haven't heard us before, Nicole, or me at least, is that I now I did I've launched a movement that is now reached millions of people, we can say from our data, and is in 27 countries.
恭喜恭喜。
Mazel tov.
这个运动始于塞思发给我的一条短信。
And it started with a text that Seth sent me.
这条短信是我丈夫塞思发的,我至今仍和他结婚。
The text was, yes, my husband Seth, and I'm still married to him.
看来很多人会问一个非常重要的问题:你是不是还和他在一起?
So that's apparently a very important question a lot of people ask.
但他发给我的短信是:‘我很惊讶你居然没买到蓝莓。’
But the the text he sent me was, I'm surprised you didn't get blueberries.
所以我要你想象一下这个场景,因为现在你有了可爱的女儿,可能更容易理解了:这条‘我很惊讶你居然没买到蓝莓’的短信,十二年后的今天依然让我耿耿于怀。当时我正从幼儿过渡项目接回一个学步幼儿,家里还有一个刚出生的婴儿。
And so the scene I want you to picture because now that you have your beautiful daughter, it's probably easier for you to picture that I'm surprised you didn't get blueberries text that still triggers me twelve years later happened when I had a toddler that I was picking up from a toddler transition program and a new baby at home.
我记得当时短信进来时,车里副驾驶座上放着吸奶器和尿布包。
And what I remember seeing in the car as this text was coming in was a breast pump and a diaper bag on the passenger seat of my car.
非常熟悉。
Very familiar.
为了新生儿的礼物卡不浪费,得去退货,但后座上堆满了退货物品。
Gives for a newborn baby to return because you don't wanna lose out on those gift cards, but a lot of returns in the back seat.
正如你所说,客户合同在
And as you said, a client contract in
我的腿上。
my lap.
因为你是个厉害的律师。
Because you're a badass lawyer
我当时也是。
I was also.
那时,我也被强制离开了我的公司职位。
I also had been, at that time, forced out of my corporate job.
于是我创办了自己的律师事务所。
And so I'd started my own law firm.
所以我非常渴望回去,争取自己的客户。
So I was very eager to get back and to get my own clients.
于是我一边开车赶去接扎克,一边在车里修改合同。
And so I was marking up a contract in the car as I was racing to get Zach.
那就是我记忆中的情景。
And that's what I remember.
那支笔。
The pen.
那支笔,那支笔昏昏欲睡。
The pen was The pen was drowsy.
我习惯用纸质方式批注,而笔当时夹在我双腿之间,开车时。
I'd mark things up analog, and the pen was in my between my legs as I was driving.
每当我停车遇到红灯,笔就会慢慢往我的阴道方向滑动。
And it was, like, inching into my vagina as I would hit stop, every stop sign.
这种混乱就是我当时收到短信时的情境,你知道的,就是在这一片混乱中收到的短信。
And that that chaos was what the text you know, that's how I received the text in the middle of all this chaos.
正如我们都知道的,尤其是像我这样的调解员所熟知的。
And as we all know, right, and especially as mediators know, which is what I am.
我是一名律师,也是为高净值人士服务的调解员,这本身就可以做成另一个播客了。
I'm a lawyer and a mediator for high net worth individuals, which could be a whole other podcast.
我们可以聊聊,是的。
We could talk about Yes.
特别是继承问题。
Specifically succession problems.
我可以告诉你的是,表面问题从来都不是真正的问题。
What I can tell you is that the presenting problem is never the real problem.
所以,显然,如果我当时情绪更低一些,认知更高一些,就像我的治疗师总是喜欢说的那样,这件事就不会对我造成这么大的冲击。
And so, obviously, maybe if I my emotion was lower and my cognition was higher, as my therapist always has loved to say, it wouldn't have hit me so poorly.
但那条短信让我彻底崩溃了。
But that text sent me into a breakdown.
我现在称之为‘蓝莓崩溃’,我记得自己痛哭不止。
I call it now the blueberries breakdown, and I remember sobbing.
首先,我们住在洛杉矶。
First of all, we live in LA.
我们不会轻易靠边停车,至少我不轻易这么做,因为我们知道一旦停下又要重新陷入交通拥堵。
We don't take pulling over lightly or at least I don't because we know we're gonna be back in in traffic.
所以我竟然靠边停车哭了起来,独自在车里痛哭,想着:我怎么会变成满足丈夫奶昔需求的人呢?
So the fact that I pulled over to cry, I was sobbing in my car alone thinking, how did I become the fulfiller of my husband's smoothie needs?
我以为自己是个资深律师。
I thought I was a high powered lawyer.
在法学院时,我曾告诉伊丽莎白·沃伦,我将来要当美国总统、纽约州参议员,而且毫不讽刺地还要当尼克斯城舞者——因为你可以啊,为什么不呢?
I had told Elizabeth Warren when I was in law school that I was gonna be president of The United States, a senator from New York, and unironically, a Knicks City dancer because you could do because why not?
对吧?
Right?
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,那会儿正是《律政俏佳人》的时代。
I mean, we were the legally blonde era.
是的。
Yes.
但,这很难。
But, like, it's hard.
而且在我上哈佛法学院的时候,我真的这么想过。
And president of time I did go to Harvard Law
学校。
School.
我确实去了。
I did.
所以当时我说那些话的时候,我完全就是在扮演艾尔·伍兹。
And so I was very I was embodying, I think, Elle Woods at the time when I said that.
但我真的相信自己能一个接一个地打破玻璃天花板,妮可。
But I really did feel all that I would be able to smash glass ceiling after glass ceiling after glass ceiling, Nicole.
而十年后我才意识到,当时我唯一打破的,就是给我的幼儿捣碎豌豆。
And I think in that moment, what I realized ten years later was the only thing I was smashing was, like, peas for my toddler Yeah.
同时我还在试图与新律所谈判,以及一段关系——当时我不知道,但有三分之二甚至更多的无偿家务和育儿劳动都落在了女性身上。
While trying to negotiate my new law firm and and a relationship where two thirds or more, which is the statistic I didn't know at the time, but two thirds or more of unpaid labor to run a home and raise a family fall on women.
而且我觉得,如果当时我知道这个统计数据,我会觉得好受一些,因为这并不是我的婚姻出了问题。
And I think even if I had just known that statistic at the time, I would have felt better that it wasn't my marriage.
这不是我的塞斯在这样对我。
It wasn't my Seth that was doing this to me.
这只是普遍现象。
It was just universal.
普遍现象。
Universal.
是的。
Yeah.
然后从那以后,你丈夫会给你发消息,比如:‘你怎么没买蓝莓?’
And then from that, where basically your husband texts you like, why didn't you get blueberries?
好像你负责所有东西的采购一样,而我现在完全明白了。
Like, as if you are in charge of, you know, stocking everything, which now I I fully know.
产后状态完全是另一回事。
And being post partum is a whole other bag.
对。
Correct.
那时是产后三个月。
Three months post partum at that time.
也就是说,
Which is,
我的意思是
I mean
知道。
know.
非常艰难。
Really hard.
非常艰难。
Really hard.
从那以后,你受到启发创建了一个电子表格。
From that, it inspired you to create a spreadsheet.
是的。
Yes.
这个表格最初只是为了塞斯创建的。
The spreadsheet started originally just for Seth.
你在这个表格里都写了些什么?
What did you what did you put in this spreadsheet?
我笑了,因为我不只是为塞斯创建了一个表格。
I'm laughing because it wasn't just I created a spreadsheet for Seth.
这发生在公平计划运动之前。
This is pre Fair Play Movement.
现在我们有超过一千名治疗师接受了我们的公平计划培训并获得认证。
Now we have over a a thousand plus therapists that are in our Fair Play movement trained by our credentials.
但一位治疗师告诉我,如果我感到压力太大,就应该为塞斯列一个清单。
But a therapist actually told me to create a spreadsheet for Seth that if I was so overwhelmed that I should just make a list.
而且我
And I
我不知道外面有没有人听过这个建议,但这真是个糟糕的建议。
don't know if anybody out there has heard that that advice, but it's really fucked up advice.
我不知道你是否需要对这句话进行消音,但我真的非常反感这个建议,因为它把所有责任都推给了女性,仿佛因为我们是女性,我们就更懂如何处理这些事。
I don't know if you have to bleep that out, but but I I really despise that advice because it puts all the onus on women, and it sort of assumes that because of our gender, somehow we know better.
仿佛我们天生就更有能力养育孩子,这在很多方面都是错误的。
Somehow we have the better skills to raise a child, which is, you know, false in so many different ways.
但确实,有治疗师建议我这么做。
But, yeah, therapists told me to do that.
所以我照做了。
So I did.
我这么做了,因为我热爱Excel,骨子里是个研究者。
I did because I love Excel, and I'm a researcher at heart.
于是我心想,好吧。
And so I figured, okay.
如果我压力大到需要列个清单,那我就要做出有史以来最棒的清单。
If I'm so overwhelmed that I need to make a list, then I'm gonna make the best list that's ever been made in the history of list.
在人工智能出现之前,我当然得不到任何帮助。
Before AI, of course, I couldn't get any help.
这就是我所做的。
And that's what I did.
我打开了Excel,开始在底部记录下所有花费我超过两分钟时间的事情。
I opened up Excel, and I started to write on the bottom every single thing that I did that took me more than two minutes of my time.
然后,妮可,我找到了像你这样的女性。
And then, Nicole, I found women like you.
那是2011年,那时我们甚至还没有社交媒体。
This is 2011, so we didn't have even social media then.
我通过育儿群组和早期的Facebook找到了她们。
I found them through baby groups and through early Facebook.
我会问妮可,你有哪些事情是伴侣看不到、但花费你超过两分钟的?
And I would say, Nicole, like, what do you do that's invisible to your partner that takes you more than two minutes?
两分钟成了一个任意的阈值,但我不确定自己为什么选了这个时间。
And two minutes became an arbitrary threshold, but I don't know why I picked that.
然后我开始收到全国范围的反馈。
And then I started to get national responses.
人们甚至在Excel表格还没完成时就收到了它,并回信告诉我:‘伊芙,谢谢你这份我开始称之为‘该做清单’的Excel表格,给赛斯用的。’
People were receiving this Excel sheet in not even done form and and coming back to me with things like, Eve, thank you for this Excel sheet of all what I started to call the should I do spreadsheet for Seth.
女性们回信说:‘我很喜欢你把医疗和健康生活列为孩子的其中一个标签。’
Women were coming back to me saying, I love that you have medical and healthy living as one of the tabs for kids.
我看到你列出了疫苗接种时间表。
I see you have vaccine schedules.
我看到你这里列出了配方奶和母乳的对比,但没看到防晒霜。
I see that you have formula versus breast milk on here, but I don't see sunscreen.
我没看到涂抹防晒霜这一项。
I don't see the application of sunscreen.
然后我会加上:‘好的。’
And then I would put in, okay.
这是她让我添加的,涂抹防晒霜需要两分钟。
Here's she want me to add two minutes for the application of sunscreen.
然后那位女性会回来说,不行。
And then the woman would come back and say, no.
那三十分钟的追逐呢?
What about the thirty minutes for the chase?
我当时想,哦,幼儿需要被追着才能涂上防晒霜。
And I was like, oh, toddlers need to be chased to put on their sunscreen.
好的。
Okay.
我会加上三十分钟的追逐时间。
I'll add thirty minutes for the chase.
事情就是这么细致入微。
And it was that granular.
但对我来说,当时再次意识到,我知道我们现在有更多资源了。
But to me, it was at that time again, I know we have a lot more resources now.
我们有了抖音。
We have TikTok.
我们有Instagram。
We have Instagram.
但在那时,我们靠你与女性交流。
But at that time, we have you speaking to women.
那时还没有播客。
There were no podcasts.
那时没有Instagram。
There were no there was no Instagram.
那时也没有TikTok。
There was no TikTok.
我只是觉得自己在失败。
It was just me thinking I was failing.
所以那时,那些女性的回应,尼科尔,是我的生命线。
So at that time, the responses from those women, Nicole, were my lifeline.
即使我从未创作过《公平游戏》这本书或发起这场运动,仅仅是从那些女性那里得到的反馈——让我知道我不是一个人,无论她们是否工作,是全职主妇,从事无薪劳动的父母,还是单亲妈妈,每个人都能感同身受:我们是隐形的,我们所做的工作也是隐形的。
The even if I never created the book Fair Play or the movement, just getting the the reception back from those women that I wasn't alone, that no matter whether they worked, whether they were stay at home, parents who work for who who work in unpaid labor, whether they were single mothers, everybody could relate to the fact that we are invisible and the work we do is invisible too.
但你提到一点,我想深入探讨一下,因为当女性试图把责任转移给伴侣时,常会遇到这样的反对意见:‘哦,你做得更好啊。’
But you touched on something that I wanted to double click on because one objection that women get when they try to shift responsibility to their partner is like, oh, well, you do a better job at that.
你就是更擅长这个。
You're just better at that.
那你不该做这个吗?
So shouldn't you do that?
这是一种把能力武器化的做法。
The idea that it's weaponizing competence.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
也许我们在很多方面确实更擅长。
So maybe we are better at a lot of things.
显然,制作清单、整理表格这些事我们更拿手,但关键是那种认知负担。
Clearly, spreadsheets coming up with the list, but it is that cognitive load.
这就像处理这件事所带来的心智负担。
It's like the mental load of handling it.
我们做得更好,是因为从出生起就被教导要掌握这项技能。
We're better at it because it's a skill that we've been taught since birth.
我这话是什么意思呢?
And what do I mean by that?
这并不是因为我们的大脑在照顾方面天生就不同。
It didn't happen, you know, because our brains are wired differently for care.
并不是这样的。
They're not.
没有人擅长多任务处理。
Nobody is good at multitasking.
任务切换实际上对所有人都有害。
Task switching is actually bad for everybody.
但会发生的是,妮可,当我们出生时,我们就生活在一个对男女如何使用时间有预设假设的世界里。
But what happens, Nicole, is that when we're born, we start to live in a world that has an assumption about how women and men are supposed to use our time.
这让我想到,我认为这涉及了你其他许多嘉宾和主题。
And so this gets into, I think, a lot of your other guests and themes.
今天早上我戴着耳机听你讲话。
I was listening to you this morning in my ear.
谢谢。
Thank you.
但你知道,时间是一种货币,就像你所说的那样,它可以被投资。
But, you know, time is a currency, and it can be invested just like you talk about.
我认为时间也有蓝筹型投资。
And I think there's blue chip investments for it.
也有高风险的投资。
There's risky investments.
但对于女性来说,我们从小就被教导说,照顾他人是蓝筹型投资,而且我们会因此得到奖励。
But for women, we've been taught that the blue chip investment is care, and we get rewarded for that.
哦,她真是个好女孩。
Oh, she's such a good girl.
她非常顺从。
She's so compliant.
她是个很棒的保姆。
She's a great babysitter.
因此,从出生起,我们就被教导说,女性的时间是免费赠予他人的货币。
And so since birth, we're taught that women, our time is to be given away as a currency for free.
而男性则被教导说,他们的时间应该被储蓄和投资。
Whereas men are taught that their time is to be banked and to be invested.
所以女性的时间就像沙子。
So women's time is sand.
它是无穷无尽的。
It's infinite.
它不值钱。
It's it's not valuable.
而男性的时光则是钻石。
Whereas men's time is diamonds.
我以前就跟你说过。
And I have said that to you before.
但当我们生活在这种社会中时,问题不在你的伴侣或赛斯。
But when we have when we live in a society like that, it's not your partner or Seth.
你能想象自己是那种被教导要保护自己时间的性别吗?
It's that can you imagine being a gender that's been conditioned to protect their time?
他们甚至没有意识到另一种性别被教导要无偿奉献自己的时间。
They don't even realize that the other gender has been conditioned to give away their time for free.
所以在这样的文化中,女性不仅会因为不送礼物之类的事情而受到奖励或惩罚。
So what happens in a culture like that is not only do women get rewarded and punished for not doing things like sending gifts.
我们很早就开始做这些事。
We start to do things early.
我们学会包装礼物。
We learn to wrap gifts.
当母亲在卸洗碗机或教我们做饭时,我们总是在她们身边。
We're with our by our mother's side when they're unloading the dishwasher or learning to cook.
发生的情况是,男性被教导说任何女性化的东西都是坏的。
What what happens is that men are taught that anything feminine is bad.
你真是个胆小鬼。
You're a pussy.
我对我儿子们说,如果你穿裙子去学校,会发生什么?
You know, I say to my sons, if you wore a dress to school, what would happen?
他们说,嗯,我们会挨打。
They say, well, you know, we would be beat up.
我的意思是,对男性来说,外面的世界也糟糕透了。
I mean, it's it's it's a horrible rollout out there for men too.
因此,这种父权制的假设意味着,如果男性试图从事照顾工作,就会被当成恋童癖。
And so that patriarchal assumptions mean that if you try to come into care, men are considered pedophiles.
你很少看到年轻男性当保姆。
You don't see as many young men as babysitters.
你必须称他们为教练,否则就会显得怪异。
You have to call them coaches or else it's weird.
所以整个社会都不教男人去关心他人。
So it's just a whole society not teaching men to care.
因此,在这种情况下,不仅男人没有学会这些技能,女性还开始为自身参与压迫找借口。
And so for me, what happens in that situation is not only do men not learn the skills, but women start to make excuses for being complicit in their own oppression.
这些事情让我为女性感到最难过,因为当我自己这么做的时候,我哭了。
And so those are the things that make me most sad for women because I cried when I did it myself.
我在写《公平游戏》时,曾对着镜子好好审视了自己。
I did a huge look in the mirror when I wrote Fair Play.
通常,女性用来为承担更多照顾责任找借口的最常见理由是,她们说丈夫赚的钱比她们多。
Typically, the most common excuse complicit in your expression toxic time message women use for why they do more care is because they say their husband makes more money than them.
但在一种父权文化中,女性永远都会面临薪资差距,这意味着男人永远不会承担照顾责任。
But in a culture, again, a patriarchy where women are always gonna have a pay gap, then it would mean that men would never do care.
所以我们不能用这个借口。
So we can't use that excuse.
女性说的另一个有毒的时间观念是,我们更擅长多任务处理,正如我们刚才所说,我们的大脑天生更适合照顾他人。
The other toxic time message women say is that we're better multitaskers, as we just said, that we're wired differently for care.
但这是完全错误的。
But that's completely false.
即使你去看,也没有任何证据。
Even if you look at there's no evidence.
但一项大脑研究显示,实际上男性在多任务处理上略胜一筹。
But one brain study shows actually men are a little bit better at multitasking.
所以我不会对女性这么说,因为我觉得这会颠覆她们的整个世界观。
So I don't say that to women because I think it would explode, you know, their whole worldview.
所以我只是试图说,没有人更擅长多任务处理。
So I just try to say no one's better at multitasking.
另一个让我很难应对的是:在我告诉赛斯该做什么的时间里,我还不如自己做了。
The other one that's really hard for me to handle is in the time it takes me to tell Seth what to do, I should do it myself.
是的。
Yeah.
这听起来确实太真实了。
And that should probably hate So real.
你也应该讨厌这一点,因为这就像一个现值问题。
You should probably hate that too because that's like a a present value problem.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以当你谈论所有这些经济主题时,实际上是在贬低你未来的时间。
So when you're talking about all of your economic themes, like, that's, like, devaluing your future time.
因为,当然,这样做是有道理的
Because, of course, it would make sense to
时间的价值。
Time value of time.
时间的价值。
Time value of time.
对吧?
Right?
钱的时间价值,时间的时间价值。
The time value of money, the time value of time.
你希望你的钱能复利增长。
You want your money to compound.
你总是能非常精彩地谈到这一点。
You talk about that beautifully all the time.
我让我的朋友们听你讲话。
I make my friends listen to you.
但你也希望你的时间能复利增长。
But you want your time to compound.
而让你的时间复利的唯一方式,就是不要白白浪费它。
And the only way for your time to compound is if you're not giving it away for free.
所以,当然,即使对方还不擅长,你仍然想教他们,正如我们所说。
So, of course, you wanna teach someone even if they aren't better at it, as we said.
如果他们不会擦屁股、洗碗,或者我们因为没做这些事而受过惩罚的那些事情,你就该教他们。
If they don't know how to wipe asses, do dishes, all the things that, you know, we've had to be penalized when we don't do, we teach those things.
这很烦人。
It's annoying.
当然,我们希望他们能主动去做这些事,而不必每次都问。
Of course, we want them people to be able to do things without asking.
不幸的是,男性并不总是具备我们刚才提到的那些技能。
Unfortunately, men don't always have those skills for what we just said.
但当你进入一种状态,那个人正在做这些事情时
But when you get into a place where that person is doing those things
假期里,我和我的家人要去佛罗里达看望我的岳父母。
For the holidays, my family and I are headed to Florida to visit my in laws.
对我来说,让女儿认识她的大家庭,并有机会与他们共度时光,非常重要。
It is super important to me that my daughter knows her extended family and has the opportunity to spend time with them.
虽然我们是从一个温暖的邮编区前往另一个温暖的邮编区,但我知道我们依然会感受到与亲人团聚的温馨假日氛围。
While we're leaving one warm ZIP code for another, I know we'll still be getting that cozy holiday feeling of being with loved ones.
不太温馨的部分是,运送三个人横跨全国的机票费用。
The not so cozy part is the cost of flying three people across the country.
我知道这个时候,很多人都有这种感受。
I know a lot of us are feeling that this time of year.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
费用很快就累积起来了。
The costs add up fast.
这就是我喜欢在Airbnb上出租我家的原因。
That's why I love hosting my home on Airbnb.
这是一种在我们外出时赚取额外收入的简便方式,这些额外收入可以帮助资助我们的下一次旅行。
It's an easy way to bring in some extra income while we're away, and that extra cash can help fund our next trip.
假设你计划了一次长途旅行,或者打算去气候更温暖的地方,在海滩上远程工作。
Let's say you have a big trip planned or are escaping to a warmer part of the world to work from the beach.
既然你的家空着没人住,为什么不让它为你赚钱呢?
Why leave your home sitting empty and dark when it could be making money for you?
今年,得益于Airbnb的联合房东网络,出租你的家变得前所未有的简单。
This year, it's easier than ever to host your home thanks to Airbnb's cohost network.
通过联合房东网络,你可以雇佣一位本地联合房东,在你外出时照看你的房屋和客人。
With the cohost network, you can hire a local cohost to take care of your home and your guests while you're away.
联合房东可以处理所有事务:创建你的房源列表、办理入住手续、提供现场支持,并让你安心,知道你的房屋和客人在你外出时得到了妥善照顾。
A cohost can do it all, create your listing, handle check ins, provide on-site support, and give you peace of mind that your home and guests are being taken care of while you're away.
所以,如果你一直想做房东但不知从何开始,请前往 airbnb.com/host 寻找联合房东。
So if you've been thinking about hosting but you don't know where to start, find a cohost at airbnb.com/host.
企业主们,用 US Bank Business Essentials 提升您的企业财务。
Business owners, let's level up your business finances with US Bank Business Essentials.
Business Essentials 不仅荣获 2025 年最佳新产品 Tier Sheets 大银行理论奖,这款创新产品还将支票账户与卡片支付处理相结合,让您更快地接受付款并收款。
Not only did Business Essentials win Tier Sheets Big Bank Theory award for the best new product of 2025, but this innovative product combines checking and card payment processing so that you can accept payments and get paid faster.
此外,它提供无限次数字交易,且无月度维护费。
Plus, it offers unlimited digital transactions with no monthly maintenance fees.
这是一款真正像您一样努力工作的账户。
It's an account that actually works hard as you do.
所以,立即前往 usbank.com 提升您的业务。
So let's elevate your business at usbank.com.
这就是我们的力量。
That's the power of us.
存款产品由美国银行国家协会提供,受 FDIC 保障。
Deposit products offered by US Bank National Association member FDIC.
版权所有 2025,美国银行。
Copyright 2025, US Bank.
所有权关乎公平,这样你就能重新获得所有累积的时间。
Ownership, which is about fair play, then you get all that compounded time back.
那么,那个电子表格怎么了?
So what's happened to the spreadsheet?
它已经被分享给了无数人
It's been shared with a gazillion
那我们来谈谈这个。
So let's talk about that.
于是,这个电子表格开始成为我的一个数据节点。
So the spreadsheet starts to become a point of data for me.
我戴上了研究的帽子。
I put my research hat on.
而且,此时我仍在经营一家律师事务所,这纯粹是出于兴趣,因为我喜欢,我不知道。
And, again, I'm still running a law firm at this point, and this is just for fun because I like I like to I don't know.
这是我眼中的乐趣。
I Idea of fun.
我不知道。
I don't know.
那就是我的乐趣所在。
It was my idea of fun.
我本该 literally 找个大学里的床,直接住进去,然后当个教授。
I would live I should have, like, literally found a bed in a university and just embedded myself in there, and I should have been a professor.
总会有下一步和新章节,所以也许我下次会这么做。
There's always a next step and a next chapter, so maybe I'll do that next.
但我认为社会学方面,我母亲是社会工作和社会学的教授。
But I think the sociological side of things my mother's a professor of social work and sociology.
我们家有很多同事都是搞社会学的。
We have a lot of family colleagues who are in sociology.
我主修人类学和经济学,辅修社会学。
And I majored in anthropology economics with a minor in sociology.
所以,我已经掌握了大量关于如何获取数据的信息。
So I had a lot of this information already at my hand disposal by how to gain data.
于是,我开始用那个电子表格询问夫妻们是如何分担家务的,因为有很多女性告诉我,她们感到精疲力尽,家里虽然有帮手,但却没有真正的伴侣,她们的性欲正在减退,对伴侣也不再感兴趣。
And so what I'd start to do with that spreadsheet was just ask couples how they divided up their labor because so many women were coming to me saying that they were really overwhelmed and that they had a helper in their house but not a partner and that they were losing their sex drive and that they weren't as interested in their partner anymore.
因此,听到这些共同的主题让我觉得很有意思。
So it was sort of interesting to hear all these themes.
于是,我提出了一个非常关键的问题:我该如何将自己独特的技能融入这项研究中?
And so what I did was I asked a very important question, which was, where can I put my unique skills into this research?
我知道我不是一名治疗师。
So I knew I wasn't a therapist.
我知道我不是一名专业的社会学家,但我是一名律师。
I knew that I wasn't a technical sociologist, but I am a lawyer.
我喜欢法律体系的一点是,我们是在设计行为,妮可。
And what I love about the legal system is that we are designing behaviors, Nicole.
我不确定其他律师是否也这样想,但我一直都是这么看待的。
So I'm not sure any other lawyer thinks of it this way, but this is how I've always thought of it.
我想上法学院,是因为我不想每次都问你。
I wanted to go to law school because I didn't wanna ask you every single time.
抱歉,妮可。
Excuse me, Nicole.
你能停一下停车标志吗?
Can you stop at the stop sign?
使用‘我’开头的表达。
Use I statements.
我希望能请你停一下停车标志。
I would love for you to stop at the stop sign.
我想要更大的改变。
I wanted more global change.
我知道我们会在停车标志前停下,是因为我们制定了法律强制人们停车。
And I knew that we stop at stop signs because we pass laws to force people to stop stop signs.
因此,这种行为设计的元素让我非常感兴趣。
So that behavior design element became very interesting to me.
我当时想,我能不能把这种治理和法律的设计元素用在我为客户——那些高净值客户——处理的极其复杂的财务、继承和治理问题上?
And I thought, can I use that design element of, like, governance and laws, which I use for my clients, my very high net worth clients, and they're very tricky financial situations, and they're very tricky succession situations, and they're very tricky governance situations?
它们都是组织,而这就是我谋生的方式。
They're organizations, and this is what I do for a living.
因此,我的假设是:我能否利用我的法律背景,在白板上写写画画?
And so what I premised was, could I use my legal background and write on a whiteboard?
如果家庭是一个组织呢?
What if the home was an organization?
我使用电子表格来帮助我验证这个假设是否成立。
And I use the spreadsheet to help me posit whether that's true.
家庭是一个组织吗?
Is the home an organization?
剧透一下,答案是肯定的。
The spoiler alert is yes.
家庭是一个非常重要的组织。
It's a very important organization.
这可能是我们最重要的组织。
It's probably our most important organization.
所以,如果你相信我,认为家庭是一个组织,那么组织管理学的研究就适用。
So if you believe me that the home is an organization, then organizational management scholarship works.
这就是我用电子表格所做的。
And so that's what I did with the spreadsheet.
我拿过它,心想,好吧。
I took it and said, okay.
我得不到好的数据。
I'm not getting good data.
所以,如果我问你和你的伴侣谁负责你们女儿的第一次生日,我可能会得到的回答是:我们都负责。
So if I ask you and your partner who's handling your daughter's first birthday, I would probably get back, we both are.
明白吗?
Okay?
这对我的研究没有帮助。
That's not helpful data for me.
于是我改变了问题,这打开了一整个全新的领域,也就是公平分工。
So I changed the question, and it opened up an entire world, which became fair play.
我不再问谁负责X,比如谁买杂货、谁操办生日派对,而是查看了我那个包含98个标签的电子表格中的杂货标签,问自己:我该如何换个方式提问?
Instead of asking who's handling x, who handles groceries, who handles the birthday party, I asked I looked at the groceries tab of the 98 tabs on my should I do spreadsheet, and I said, how can I ask this differently?
因此,在过去十年里,我在28个国家持续提出同一个问题:芥末是怎么进你冰箱的?
And so in 28 countries over the past ten years now, I've been asking the same question, which is how does mustard get in your refrigerator?
尼科尔,这个问题如此有力,是因为它让我能够将RACI框架——适用于任何了解组织管理框架的人——应用到这一讨论中。
Why that is such a powerful question, Nicole, is because it allowed me to map a RACI framework for any of those out there who know sort of what a or an organizational management framework into this discussion.
我发现,如果我使用一个非常简单的组织管理框架,即构思、规划和执行——这可能是你能用的最简单的框架——
And what I found was that if I used a very simple organizational management framework, which I called conception, planning, and execution, that's probably the simplest one you can use.
我意识到,女性负责的是构思阶段。
I realized that women were conceiving.
她们在27个国家都这样告诉我。
They're the ones who told me in 27 countries.
就连冰岛也是如此。
Even Iceland does it this way.
所以我觉得好多了,因为塞思并不是反派。
So that's why I feel better because it's not like Seth is a villain.
这实际上在全球各地都在发生。
This is happening literally everywhere in the entire globe on the entire globe.
女性是那些注意到芥末快用完的人。
Women are the ones who notice that they Mustard's low.
那这就是规划。
Well, that's planning.
但首先,构思阶段是女性告诉我,她们的冰箱里有黄芥末,因为儿科医生告诉她们孩子贫血,需要更多蛋白质。
So first, though, conception was women telling me they have yellow mustard in the refrigerator because the pediatrician told them their child was anemic and the child needs more protein.
她们想到了一个更好的方法来摄入蛋白质,而不是强迫孩子服用铁剂补充剂,那就是把芥末涂在三明治上。
They conceived of this idea that there would be a better way to ingest protein as opposed to, like, forcing iron down their child's throat in a supplement, and that would be to drench it exactly in mustard, make a sandwich.
但你需要黄芥末,而且孩子吃三明治时需要大量芥末。
But you need yellow mustard, and the kid needs a lot of mustard on it to take their bites of their sandwich.
这就是构思。
That's conception.
然后就是你刚才说的那样。
And then exactly what you just said.
女性也是那些为家庭采购清单所需物品争取家人支持的人。
Women were also the ones getting stakeholder buy in from their family for what they needed for the grocery list.
她们并没有说‘利益相关者认同’,但那就是我所听到的。
They didn't say stakeholder buy in, but that's what I was listening for.
就像你所说的,她们会留意芥末,当它快用完时就会监控。
And like you said, they're watching the mustard and monitoring it when it runs low.
这就是规划。
That's planning.
而男性说他们共同负责购物的原因,是因为在这些异性婚姻中确实如此。
And then the reason why men were saying that they both handle groceries was because it was true in these heterocyst gender marriages.
男性经常去超市购物,但他们买回来的是辣味第戎芥末。
Men were the ones going many times to the grocery store, but they bring home spicy Dijon.
问题不在于蓝莓,也不在于芥末。
And the problem with that is not the blueberries or not the mustard.
但当有人带回家辣味第戎芥末时,这会侵蚀我经常告诉客户的组织最需要的两样东西。
But when somebody brings home spicy Dijon, what that does is it erodes the two things that I always tell my clients are the most important thing an organization needs.
其实只有这两样东西。
It's really only two things.
这很简单。
It's pretty simple.
一个组织只需要问责制和信任。
An organization just needs accountability and trust.
那么,如果没有问责制和信任,会发生什么?
So what happens if you don't have accountability and trust?
信任的反面是控制。
The opposite of trust is control.
然后我们就开始陷入‘我承担了所有精神负担,而你或许能帮我去买些气球’的模式。
And then we start sliding to I'm handling all the mental load, and you could maybe help me go get the balloons.
但你的伴侣会失去心理安全感,因为他们带回家的是漫威主题的气球,而你的孩子却要办美人鱼主题的派对。
But then your partner loses psychological safety because they're bringing home, like, Marvel balloons, and your child has a mermaid themed party.
你就会想,这些钢铁侠气球我该怎么处理?
And you're like, what am I gonna do with these Iron Man balloons?
正是这些细微的问责和信任侵蚀,最终导致了最大的问题,而这就是Fair Play能够提供解决方案来应对这些问题的原因。
So it's these small accountability and trust erosions that were leading to the biggest problems, and that's why Fair Play was able to provide a solution to solve those.
你确实有。
You have.
不过我想回到你之前说的一件事,因为亚历克斯·库珀在《Call Her Daddy》节目中做过一期。
I wanna go back to one thing you said though, because Alex Cooper did an episode of Call Her Daddy.
我不知道你有没有看过,她说最没有吸引力的特质就是一个希望妻子成为什么样的男人。
I don't know if you saw it where she said that the least attractive trait is a man who wants his wife to be.
这一点已经被证实了。
It's been found.
那你同意吗?
So do you agree?
是的,没错。
Does it Yes.
影响,哦,
Impact Oh,
性生活,确实有影响。
sex life It does.
不仅如此,我们刚刚完成了第一项大型研究,妮可,以证明公平游戏确实有效。
And not only that, we just did our first big study, Nicole, to show that fair play yay does work.
我们与南加州大学合作,并获得了大型医疗公司的资金支持,因为他们正在研究精神负担如何影响女性的生理健康——剧透一下,确实有影响。
And we did it with USC, and we got money from a big health care company because they're looking at how the mental load affects women's physical health, which spoiler alert, it does.
但我们发现,随着公平游戏卡片的增多——剧透一下,电子表格和系统变成了发牌的隐喻。
But what we found was that the more cards so fair play just spoiler alert was that the spreadsheet and the system became a metaphor of of playing a a deck of cards.
所以,原本这个Excel表格里有100个标签,现在变成了100张卡片。
So, like, there were that 100 tabs on this Excel sheet, there's now a 100 cards.
你为完整的CPE发牌。
And you deal the cards for full CPE.
但这并不意味着你必须一直握着它们。
Doesn't mean you have to hold it forever.
但如果你拿着一张牌,我希望你能承担责任。
But if you're holding a card, I want you to own it.
所以我希望你能负责购物清单。
So I want you to own the grocery list.
我希望你回家时带上你认为对方需要的所有东西,通过提前规划,询问他们的伴侣。
I want you to come home with everything you think the person needs by getting planning, by asking their partner.
当东西买回家后,如果你买回了辣味第戎芥末酱,就要承担自己的错误。
And then when it comes home, if you're bringing home spicy Dijon, you carry through your mistake.
对吧?
Right?
这就是你在职场中承担责任的方式。
That's how you own things in the workplace.
我知道,如果我对你说,嘿,妮可,我并不是在为妮可·拉平工作。
I know I'm not working for Nicole Lappin if I say to you, hey, Nicole.
我今天该做什么?
What should I be doing today?
我就在这儿等着,等你告诉我该做什么。
I'm just gonna wait here till you tell me what to do.
我知道,我明天就会被你公司开除。
I know I would be out of your organization tomorrow.
我太了解你了。
I just know you.
那我们为什么在家里也允许这样呢?
So why do we allow that in our home?
对吧?
Right?
我知道。
I know
我清楚你的员工中没人会这么做。
that that no employees on your staff would would do that.
那我们为什么允许这样?为什么我姑妈玛农的麻将小组在家中有更明确的期望?
So why do we allow why is my aunt Marion's mahjong group why does she have more clearly defined expectations in the home?
显然,在她的小组里,如果你两次没带零食,就会被踢出去。
Apparently, in her group, if you don't bring snack twice, you're out.
但在家里,我听到系统工程师们互相转告,说他们正等着决定谁去带狗出去,而狗马上就要在地毯上撒尿了。
But the home, I have systems engineers telling systems engineers telling me that they're waiting to decide who's taking the dog out right when it's about to take a pee on the rug.
当你陷入这种混乱漩涡时,我们的研究发现,不仅公平分配有效,而且婚姻满意度会显著下降。
And and when you get into this chaos spiral, we found in our study that not only does fair play work, but that marital satisfaction decreases significantly.
而且,性欲是我们研究中女性描述婚姻满意度的一种方式。
And and and and sex drive was one of those ways that women in our study describe marital satisfaction.
和伴侣提起这件事最好的方式是什么?
What's the best way to bring it up with your partner?
因为也许他们会变得防御。
Because maybe they'll be defensive.
他们会说:不。
And they'll say like, no.
我都在买芥末了,我还做了别的,你还想让我怎样?
I am doing mustard shopping, and I'm doing What do you want from me?
完全正确。
Totally.
比我爸爸的还强。
More than my dad's best
我可以。
I can.
是的。
Yeah.
这种情况经常发生。
That happens all the time.
这绝对是让我最深刻反思公平分工的事情,因为我认为,任何从事医疗行业的人家都知道,如果能让患者多走路,他们的健康状况会更好,但就是没法让患者去走路。
It's definitely the thing that makes me the most reflective about fair play because I think for anybody who's in maybe the health profession, they know that if they have their patients walk more, that they're gonna be healthier, but they can't get their patients to walk.
有点像这种情况。
It's sort of like that.
对吧?
Right?
公平游戏最难的地方、最大的入门障碍,其实是展开对话。
The hardest thing, the biggest barrier to entry for fair play is actually having the conversation.
所以在这种情况下,如果你家里有一位非常开明的帮手,那你完全可以直接切入系统的部分来谈。
So what I say in that situation, if you are somebody who you have a wonderful open helper in your home right now, then you can absolutely launch into the system's part of the conversation.
嘿。
Hey.
我发现了一个特别棒的系统。
I found this really cool system.
它就像Asana或Trello,能让我们生活更高效。
It's like an Asana or Trello, and it's here to make our lives more efficient.
所以我说,有三种方式可以进入。
So I say there's three ways you can enter.
那就是系统。
That's systems.
不过,入门有一个秘密公式,还有另外两种方式。
There's a secret formula, though, for entry, and there's two other ways.
一是界限,二是沟通。
One is boundaries, and the other is communication.
所以我称之为,你可以做一个二十秒的自我评估。
So I call it, like, your you can take a twenty second assessment.
我们可以让听众来做这个评估。
We can ask your listeners to do that.
我是否在沟通上最困扰?
Do I struggle most with communication?
我是否在系统上最困扰?
Do I struggle most with systems?
我是否在界限上最困扰?
Do I struggle most with boundaries?
我会建议从最难的那一点开始。
And And I would say start with the thing that's hardest.
我的意思是,当轮到我思考如何向赛斯提出这个问题时,我在三个方面都感到困扰。
And what I mean by that is I struggled with all three when it was my turn to come up and think about how I was gonna bring this up to Seth.
但当我同时在边界、系统和沟通上挣扎时,我意识到对我而言,最难调整的是边界问题。
But when I was struggling with all three boundary systems in communication, I realized my boundaries for me were the hardest thing to rectify.
也就是说,我不断打破自己的边界。
Meaning, I kept breaching my boundaries.
我会说,今晚让塞思去给孩子洗澡,或者我要和朋友出去。
I would say, I'm gonna have Seth do bath tonight or I'm gonna go out with my friends.
然后我会叹气:唉。
And then I'd be like, ugh.
你又做到了。
You did it.
我的孩子需要我,我应该就去照顾他。
My child wants me, and I I should just do it.
我回家后再去。
I'll come home.
我之后再出去,结果就累了,然后就开始怨恨,你知道的,心生怨气。
I'll go out after, and then I'm tired, then I'm resentment, you know, resentful.
所以我必须认真思考,为什么我总是突破自己的界限。
And so I really had to think about why it was that I kept reaching my boundaries.
然后我才开始思考那些时间上的问题,天啊。
And then that's when I started to think about those time things that, wow.
你知道吗?
You know?
我注意到,我真正感到不满的并不是芥末。
I noticed that it's not I'm not really resentful about the mustard.
我感到不满的是,塞思在孩子们睡后还有三个小时可以看体育集锦、锻炼身体、完成PPT演示文稿,而我却一直在为家庭奔波,直到头碰到枕头,那时塞思早就睡了一个小时了。
I'm resentful about the fact that Seth has three hours after our kids go to bed to watch sports center workout and finish a PowerPoint deck where I'm doing things in service of our home till my head hits the pillow, and that's still an hour after Seth goes to bed.
所以当我终于意识到这才是问题所在,以及什么是替代方案时,妮可,你觉得呢?
And so I think when I finally realized that that was the issue and that I was and what was the alternative, Nicole?
是什么?
What is it?
告诉我。
Tell me.
替代方案?
Alternative?
提出这个问题的替代方案是什么?
What is the alternative to bringing this up?
嗯,离婚。
There well, divorce.
对。
Right.
对吧?
Right?
这就是我一直思考的原因。
That's why I kept thinking.
对吧?
Right?
这就是我成长的方式。
Which is how I grew up.
我知道你和我,我们之前聊过各自的背景。
And I know you and I, and we talked about our backgrounds.
对吧?
Right?
那并不是一个容易的选择。
It's not that's not an easy option.
所以我一直在想,我会把这写在我的日记里。
So I kept thinking what and I would write this in my journal.
对于那些不想提起这件事、不想公平相处的女性,我一直在想,那还有什么别的选择呢?
For women who are don't wanna bring this up, who don't wanna practice fair play, I kept saying, well, what's the alternative?
对我来说,那就是变成一个灰暗的自己,内心死去,还要去照顾我的伴侣。
For me, it was being a gray version of myself and dying inside and parenting my partner.
我的意思是,这听起来太糟糕了。
I mean, that sounds terrible.
离婚。
Divorce.
我不知道。
I don't know.
情感出轨。
Emotional affairs.
我的意思是,很多女性,埃丝特·佩雷尔经常谈到这一点。
I mean, lot of women Esther Perel talks about that a lot.
或者最终,干脆设立界限,说:‘塞思,你知道吗?’
Or finally, just having the boundary to say, you know what, Seth?
我注意到一个现象:你们的孩子上床后,你们有三个小时可以看体育新闻、锻炼、完成PPT。
I noticed this phenomenon that you get three hours after our kids go to bed to watch sports center, workout, finish a PowerPoint deck.
而我则一直在为家庭做事,直到头碰到枕头。
And I'm doing things in service of our home until my head hits the pillow.
是的,你赚的钱比我多,但我的工作同样充满压力,对社会同样有影响力。
And, yes, you make more money than me, but I have a stressful job that's just as impactful to the world.
这并不意味着所有事情都要五五开,但我再也不愿忍受这种时间上的不平等了。
And that's not gonna mean everything's gonna be fifty fifty, but I'm no longer willing to live with this time discrepancy.
但是,妮可,我为自己做了很多努力。
But, Nicole, I took a lot of work on myself.
这就是为什么我觉得我们正在进行的这场对话或许需要一个预警,因为我觉得我正在给你另一个系统,就像你的财务系统一样。
And that's why I think sometimes I think the conversation we're having deserves a trigger warning because I I I think I'm giving you another system, another system like your financial systems.
这应该只是融入到你其他类型的对话中。
This should just slot into your other types of conversations.
但后来我意识到,由于我们被这样塑造,因为我们生活在一个父权社会,因为关系中存在如此多的痛苦,这对很多女性来说实际上是一场非常痛苦的对话。
But then I realized that because we've been conditioned this way, because we live in a patriarchy, because there's so much pain around relationships, this is actually a very painful conversation for a lot of women.
但也许如果你把它放在电子表格或数字上,就能减轻一些情感负担。
But maybe if you put it on a spreadsheet or numbers, like, it takes some of that out of it.
所以你说,坐下来,打开电子表格,可能玩个游戏。
So you say, sit down, like, open the spreadsheet potentially, play the game.
这才是你纠正问题的方式。
That's how you Correct.
开启对话。
Open the dialogue.
我的意思是,我相信你一定看过那个火爆的布琳·布朗视频,她谈到婚姻从来不是五五开。
I mean, I'm sure you've seen the viral Brene Brown clip where she talks about no marriage is fifty fifty.
那你怎么看?
So what do you think?
有时候可能是十比九十,或者九十比十,或者其他比例。
At times, it's ten ninety or ninety ten or whatever.
但随着时间推移,最终会达到五五开。
But over time, it nets out to fifty fifty.
这个框架正确吗?
Is that the right framework?
我喜欢方程式,你又在和其他嘉宾那里用了这些方程式。
Well, I love equations, and you have them again on your on on with your other guests.
所以我要给你一个方程式,对我来说,这个方程式是:责任与沟通。
So I'm gonna give you an equation where I think, to me, the equation is ownership, communication.
回到我之前说的,如果你有界限,能坚守自己的界限,你的伴侣就会对你说:妮可,我可能不是每件事都做对了,但我明白,你的时间和我的时间一样宝贵。
So back to what I said earlier, if you have a boundaries if you have boundaries, if you can hold your boundaries, your partner says to you, Nicole, I may not be doing everything right, but I do see your time is equal to my time.
我们每天都有二十四小时,我希望你能自主决定如何使用这些时间。
We both just get twenty four hours in a day, and I want you to have time choice over how you use that.
这就是界限加上系统。
That's boundaries plus systems.
所以《公平分配》就是一个系统。
So Fair Play is a system.
我认为,即使那些没有使用《公平分配》的人,如果他们说自己有系统,最终也会看起来像《公平分配》,因为这是一种大多数组织都在使用的系统。
Most people, I would say, who aren't even using Fair Play who say they have a system, it ends up looking like Fair Play because it's a system that most organizations use.
比如,史蒂夫·乔布斯提出过一个叫DRI的制度,即直接责任人,这和《公平分配》非常相似。
Like, Steve Jobs came up with something called the DRI, the directly responsible individual, very similar to fair play.
许多公司使用RACI框架,其中有人对任务负责。
A lot of companies use these RACI frameworks where someone is responsible for the task.
这并不意味着你不能让其他人参与规划,但你必须承担起责任。
Doesn't mean you can't include other people in the planning, but you hold the responsibility.
所以这并不是什么新奇或独特的做法。
So it's not new or novel.
公平游戏并不是一个更新颖的系统。
Fairplay is not a newer novel system.
它只是把这些出色的理念带入家庭。
It's just bringing these amazing concepts into the home.
所以这些就是系统。
So that would be the systems.
然后是沟通。
And then communication.
对我来说,这就是一个公式,当我看到——
So to me, that's the formula where I see, okay.
这对伴侣会走下去。
This couple is gonna make it.
我不在乎五五开。
I don't care about fifty fifty.
我想知道的是,你的伴侣是否愿意支持你设立界限,实施某种系统,让我们提前知道该做什么,而不是等到狗快要在地毯上撒尿时才匆忙带它出去。
I wanna know that you say my partner is open to bound to me holding my boundaries, to implementing some sort of systems so we know what to do in advance, and we're not waiting to take the dog out right when it's about to take pee on the rug.
家里也有一些沟通练习。
And there is some communication practice in the home.
我想说一点事情,因为你们之前问过关于如何进入这些对话的问题。
I just wanna say something because you were asking earlier about coming into these conversations.
通常,如果有人对我说,我没法提起这件事。
Typically, if somebody says to me, I can't bring this up.
我来举个例子。
I'll give you an example.
这有点好笑。
This is sort of funny.
我本来没打算提这个,但我认为值得说出来。
So I didn't think I'd bring this up, but I think it's worth bringing up.
在疫情期间,英国有一个Facebook群组,名叫‘我在新冠期间讨厌我丈夫和孩子的理由’。
There is a Facebook group out of England during the pandemic called the reasons I hate my husband and kids during COVID.
我非常喜欢这些直白的
And I love these literal
顺便说一下,命名规范。
naming conventions, by the way.
是的。
Yes.
那就是这个群的名字。
So that was the name of the group.
我认为这个群有两万两千名成员。
I think it had 22,000 members in it.
我经常收到这些随机的东西。
And I get a lot of these random things.
人们在葬礼后给我打电话。
People call me after funerals.
他们会在你懂的,看到之后给我打电话,我收到很多数据。
They call me after you know, see, I get a lot of data.
所以有人在群里标记了我或者给我发私信说,伊芙,你应该去看看。
So someone tagged me in or DM in this group saying, Eve, you should check it check it out.
他们在我评论下标记了我,那是一位女性在群组里写的评论,她说:如果我丈夫在新冠期间去世,那是因为我,而不是因为疾病。
And they tagged me on a on a comment that a woman wrote in the group that said, if my husband dies during COVID, it's gonna be because of me and not the disease.
明白吗?
Okay?
于是我通过私信联系她,说:我很想和你聊聊。
So I reach out to her on DM and say, I would love to talk to you.
我是一名研究人员。
I'm a researcher.
我很想和你谈谈,你是如何与伴侣讨论无偿劳动和家务工作的。
I would love to talk to you about how you discuss unpaid labor and domestic work with your partner.
于是那位女性回复了我,说:非常感谢你联系我。
So the woman got back to me and said, thank you so much for your reaching out.
很高兴我的评论引起了共鸣。
I'm glad my comment resonated.
我从不讨论。
I don't discuss.
我们从不讨论家务劳动。
We don't discuss domestic labor.
我们试过。
We tried.
没用。
It doesn't work.
我只是说在Facebook上。
I just meant on Facebook.
对。
Right.
所以想想这一点。
So think about that.
对吧?
Right?
而且我和这位女性很有共鸣。
That and I and I have a lot of empathy for this woman.
对她来说,在拥有两万两千人的公共平台上公开威胁要杀害她的伴侣,比直接和伴侣谈这件事感觉更安全。
For her, publicly threatening to murder her partner in a in a public realm of 22,000 people felt safer to her than bringing it up directly with her partner.
所以,如果有人觉得这件事很难开口,我想让你知道,我们看见你了。
So that's how hard if anybody out there is saying this feels hard to bring up, I want you to know that we see you.
我们知道这有多难,有时候退一步反而更容易。
We know how hard this is, and it is easier sometimes to back off.
但正如我所说,继续这样做的替代方案是什么?
But like I said, what is the alternative to continue to do that?
所以,这是对你关于五五分问题的长篇回答。
So this is a long answer to your question about fifty fifty.
我所寻求的是界限体系和沟通,因为当我遇到有人说他们拥有这些或正在实践这些时,通常他们会感受到家庭中的公平。
What I'm looking for is boundary systems and communication Because when I get people who say they have those things or they're practicing those things, typically, I get that they perceive fairness in their home.
我其实并不关心‘公平’具体意味着什么,但我希望看到双方都感受到公平。
I don't really actually care about what actual fairness means, but I like to see that both people are perceiving fairness.
但即使只是记录下这种算账的清单,也感觉很危险。
Well, even having a scorecard of whatever that tally is feels dangerous.
是的。
Yes.
这就是为什么如果你只用这些卡片,公平游戏会变得很危险。
And that's why fair play is a dangerous game if you just use the cards.
所以这本书和这些卡片本应是一个系统。
So the book and the cards are meant to be a system.
这些卡片中包含一种游戏,是一种工具。
And the cards, there is a card game that is a tool.
但我的观点是,我的宗旨是‘不伤害’,无论是在抖音、Facebook上,还是在书里,我都这么说。
But what I say is it's a do no harm in my mind where I say on every I say on TikTok, on Facebook, in the book.
警告:在没有先读过这本书,甚至没有先听过这个播客之前,不要使用这些卡片。
Warnings, don't use the cards without having read the book first or even listening to this podcast first.
问题是,如果你只是把它们当成快速记分工具,就会变得非常愤怒和怨恨,比如你看着卡片说:我手里有这么多,而我的伴侣一张都没有。
The problem is it becomes a very quick scorekeeping tool to get very anger angry and resentful if you're just looking at them and saying, I hold all these cards, and my partner doesn't hold any.
这种视觉呈现并不是让你说:我什么都有,而你什么都没做。
The the visual is not for you to say, I hold everything and you do nothing.
这种视觉效果是要表达:我们共同对抗这些卡片,因为无偿劳动太糟糕了。
The visual is to say, it's us against the cards, that unpaid labor sucks.
这需要时间。
It takes time.
它需要没人愿意学的技能。
It requires skills that nobody wants.
我永远不想学做饭。
I don't wanna learn to cook ever.
如果没有孩子,我会一直靠DoorDash解决吃饭问题。
If I didn't have kids, it would just be DoorDash forever.
但看看我们不得不掌握的这些技能,尤其是在孩子进入家庭之后。
But look at these skills that we need to learn, especially after a child comes into the home.
不幸的是,当孩子来到家里时,我们会增加40张额外的卡片。
Unfortunately, we add 40 extra cards when a child comes into the home.
所以现在我们玩的牌组是100张,而不是60张。
So now we we're playing with a 100 in the deck as opposed to 60.
然后你看着他们,心想:这就是我们家的无偿劳动。
And then you're looking at them and saying, this is the unpaid labor of our home.
永远不可能是五五开,但谁愿意承担什么,以及我们如何做才能让人感觉公平呢?
It's never gonna be fifty fifty, but who wants to own what, and how can we do that in a way that feels that there's perceived fairness?
所以,我认识很多全职在家、不拿工资的母亲,她们说她们手里握着大约70张牌,而伴侣只拿着15张。
And so a lot of, I would say, stay at home mothers who work for for no pay say to me that they hold about 70 cards, and their partner's playing with about 15.
但那15张牌是伴侣在承担,他们却觉得公平。
But that those 15 cards, their partner is owning, and they perceive fairness.
所以,我不关心人们怎么生活,妮可。
So I don't care how people live, Nicole.
我只希望他们能用这个工具,以对自己有帮助的方式。
I just want them to use the tool in a way that's helpful to them.
我的意思是,因为这些事太模糊了。
I mean, because there's it's so amorphous.
我相信你一定看过那个热传的视频,里面男人问女人各种东西放在哪儿。
I'm sure you've seen this viral video where men ask women, like, where random things are.
比如,剪刀在哪?
Like, where are the scissors?
杜德的洞在哪?
Where's the dudder's cave?
这是我最喜欢的其中一个。
That's one of my favorite one.
真的吗?
Really?
我希望他们知道
I hope they know where the
黄油在哪。
butter is.
不。
No.
有一幅《远侧》漫画,所以我对男人有一个刻板印象,叫‘黄油在哪’。
There's a far side cartoon that my so I have a stereotype of a man that I call where's the butter.
这来自一幅《远端》漫画,我记得是张周年贺卡,封面是一个男人打开冰箱,里面每样东西都写着黄油、黄油、黄油、黄油、黄油、黄油。
And that came from a I think it was a far side cartoon where there it's an anniversary card where on the front of it, it's just a man opening the refrigerator, and literally every single thing says butter, butter, butter, butter, butter, butter.
下面的标题写着:亲爱的,黄油在哪?
And then underneath the caption is, honey, where's the butter?
我的意思是,这说明男性把大脑空间外包了
I mean, but the point of that is that men are outsourcing brain space
没错。
Correct.
用于
For
比如孩子的冬衣在哪?
things like where is the kid's winter jacket?
是的。
Yes.
你知道的?
You know?
那么,当你开始思考所有这些精神负担,或者说认知负荷——这些显然是无形的工作时,你如何衡量它呢?
And so how when you start to think of all of that mental load or, like, the cognitive load that it feel it's so obviously invisible work, how do you quantify that?
好消息是,你其实不需要去量化它,因为你一定会感受到它。
Well, the good news is you don't really have to quantify it because you will feel it.
你一定会感受到它。
You will feel it.
我要说的是,你感受到最深的其实是沟通的负担。
I will say that the thing that is you feel the most is the communication practice.
那我这话是什么意思呢?
So what do I mean by that?
在我看来,公平性最能被量化的指标并不是人们手中持有多少张硬牌,而是人们进行了多少次检查确认。
I thing that's to me quantified the most of Fairplay is not how many hard cards people hold is actually how many check ins people have.
他们会告诉我,天哪。
They'll report to me, oh my gosh.
这个月我们做了四次检查确认。
We did four check ins this month.
我让尼科尔做的事情,是像开员工会议一样定期进行沟通。
And what I'm asking people to do, Nicole, is to check-in similar to a staff meeting.
但我们实际上从组织管理中已经知道这一点。
But we actually know this from organizational management.
如果公司有定期沟通的员工,这些员工更有可能向领导传达坏消息,而这对领导者来说是非常重要却常常听不到的信息。
If companies have employees where they have regular check ins, that employee is more more likely to deliver the leader bad news, which is actually a very important thing for leaders to hear that they often don't hear.
同样的道理也适用于家庭,人们会更愿意敞开心扉,倾听坏消息。
And so the same thing sort of applies to the home where people are more willing and open to hear bad news.
也就是说,比如这周你需要我帮忙做一件糟糕的任务——像为孩子们办疯狂帽子日之类的——如果你已经有固定的沟通机制,就会更容易开口。
Meaning, like, I need your help this week with a terrible task like, you know, crazy hat day for the kids or whatever, if you have a cadence of already coming to the table.
所以,这就是我看到人们最常量化公平游戏实践的地方:他们会说,‘这个月我们每周都完成了每周的沟通,感觉非常好。’
So that's typically where I see people quantifying it, the practice of fair play the most, where they'll say, we got our, you know, weekly check-in done every week this month, and it made us feel so good.
这就是我喜欢量化的地方。
So that's where I I love quantification.
但我要说的是,你其实并不需要量化,因为你一旦开始感受到它,就不需要了。
But I will say where you don't really need it is you won't need it because you start feeling it.
而那些真正能让人敞开心扉的对话,如果你害怕提出这些问题——这非常正常,就像我们提到的那位Facebook上的女性。
And the conversations that really allow people if you're afraid to bring these things up, which is very normal, hence our Facebook woman.
我喜欢这样说:提出这些问题的最佳时机是在纪念日或生日,你可以说:‘今年我生日时,我想用这些卡片玩一玩。’
The way I like to say it is the best time to bring things up is on anniversary, on a birthday, where you just say, for my birthday this year, I really wanna play with these cards.
我所说的用‘公平游戏’卡片来玩,其实你不必非要购买它们。
And what I mean by playing with the Fair Play cards, and you don't have to order them.
我们在节目笔记中提供了一个完整的网站链接,你可以访问。
We have a whole website in the show notes we can link to.
我们是一个非营利组织。
We're a nonprofit.
我们有一个研究所,免费提供所有资源。
We have an institute where we give out all of our resources
免费。
for free.
你知道,这正是播客应该有的样子。
You know how this the podcast should be.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我们常说,无论你是使用真实的公平游戏卡牌,还是使用电子表格版本
And and what we love to say is, like, if you're playing with the cards, the actual deck, or you're using a spreadsheet version of them
我生日时最想要的东西就是这个。
I have nothing I want for my birthday more.
没错。
Right.
和我坐下来,聊聊我书中所说的最低照护标准。
Is is sit down with me, and let's start talking about what I call in the book the minimum standard of care.
通常,关于公平游戏的对话之所以失败,是因为它们会从‘我来给你安排我们女儿的第一个生日派对,你全权负责’开始。
So typically, why conversations around fair play don't work is because they will start with, I'm gonna give you our daughter's first birthday party, and you own it.
这是一场关于责任的对话,你可以讨论这个想法的由来、规划以及派对的执行细节。
So that is a ownership conversation, and you can talk through the conception of what that means, the planning, what the execution of that party could be.
只是披萨和蛋糕吗?
Is it just pizza and cake?
是因为这是你的派对,所以要大办一场吗?
Is it a blowout because it's a party for you?
因为我就有这种感觉。
Because that's how I felt.
我最初的生日派对都是盛大的场面。
My first birthday parties were blowouts.
有全套酒水供应,你知道的,一百多人,因为我正在庆祝育儿最艰难的一年——在我看来,就是第一年。
Full open bar, you know, a 100 people because I was celebrating the the hardest year of parenting, which to me is the first year.
所以这更容易,但往往效果不好,因为你还没触及公平分工的核心——坐下来讨论你们家过去是如何庆祝生日的。
So that's easier, but it often doesn't work that well because you haven't actually come to the core of fair play, which is sitting down to discuss how were birthdays celebrated in your home.
所以这就是我想说的。
So that's what I like to say.
如果你很难适应,又不是那种喜欢建立系统、乐于提高效率的人,那就从沟通练习开始吧,比如在你生日那天,或者在其他情绪低落、思维清晰的时候,随便抽出三张卡片。
If you have a hard time, if you're not those systems people who are just willing to go in and make things more efficient, start with a communication practice, maybe on your birthday, maybe when another time an emotion is low and your cognition is high, and just take three cards.
我现在就把这些分配给你。
I will assign them to you right now.
去采购杂货。
Take groceries.
让我挑几个我喜欢的、有故事的。
Let me just pick some that are good that I love stories.
去采购杂货,去安排生日派对,去挑选礼物。
Take groceries, take birthday parties, and take gifts.
就选这三个。
Pick those three.
这三个是《公平游戏》100张卡片中的三个。
Those are three of the fair play 100 cards.
问问你的伴侣,你小时候是谁负责送礼物的。
And just ask your partner who did gifts in your home growing up.
你还记得收到过礼物吗?
Do you remember getting any gifts
你爱的吗?
that you love?
然后你打算怎么做呢?
And then how do you wanna do it?
对。
Right.
但‘你打算怎么做’这个问题更难,因为我们没意识到自己多么受原生家庭方式的影响。
But but the how do you wanna do it is harder because we don't realize how much we've been affected by the way things were in
我们的家。
our home.
我想给赛斯举个例子。
I wanted Seth I'll give you an example.
赛斯决定负责倒垃圾,而我成了他的垃圾跟班。
I want Seth decided to own garbage, but I was his garbage shadow.
我就是忍不住跟着他在家里转悠。
I just couldn't stop following him around the house.
他说:听着。
And he's like, listen.
我永远不会拥有这个,也不会玩这个游戏,如果你一直跟踪我的话。
I'm never I'm not gonna own this or play this game if you're stalking me
关于垃圾。
of garbage.
这就像,我是说,替朋友问一下,把马克笔从他们手里拿走。
This is, I mean, asking for a friend, taking the marker out of their hand.
对。
Right.
我也有这个问题。
I have that problem.
对。
Right.
所以在这个情况下,他根本无法理解发生了什么,为什么我一看到他倒垃圾就会这么激动。
So especially in this case, he couldn't really understand what was happening, why I was having being so triggered over when he took the garbage out.
然后,当我意识到跳过最低护理标准实际上并无帮助时。
And then finally, when I realized that skipping the step of the minimum standard of care was actually not helpful.
所以当我最终坐下来,对你说:
So when I finally said you know, I sat sat down.
这是几年前我正在制定游戏规则时的事。
This was years ago when I was developing the rules of the game.
我意识到,哦,就像我之前说的,法律体系一样,这类似于行为设计实验。
I realized, oh, just like the legal system back to the what I said earlier, this is designed similar to behavior design experiment.
在我们的法律体系中,尼科尔,每年我们会通过所谓的侵权制度裁决高达一万亿美元的案件。
In our legal system, Nicole, we adjudicate about a trillion dollars a year in something called the tort system.
所以,你知道的。
So, I mean, you know that.
但这是为了你的听众。
But you're for your listeners.
对吧?
Right?
如果麦当劳提供的咖啡太烫,你不小心洒在腿上,导致三度烧伤,麦当劳该负责吗?
If if McDonald's serves you coffee that's too hot and you spill it on your leg and you give yourself a third degree burn, is McDonald's responsible?
那么,我们如何判断麦当劳是否该负责呢?
So how do we know if McDonald's is responsible?
我们使用一种叫做‘理性人标准’的测试。
We use something called the reasonable person test.
这与最低护理标准和公平原则类似。
That's similar to the minimum standard of care and fair play.
所以当塞思对我说,你不够理性,竟然要求垃圾每天倒四次,因为我根本不在家。
So when Seth said to me, you're not being reasonable that you want the garbage to go out four times a day because I'm not even home.
所以别把空牛奶盒放在我的床边,别再这么被动攻击了。
And so that's not gonna so don't leave, like, empty milk cartons near my bed and stop being passive aggressive.
你要明白,在我们家,你可以通过每天只倒一次垃圾来恢复对我的责任和信任。
Understand that in our house, you can restore accountability and trust in me because garbage will go out once a day.
我不会告诉你垃圾什么时候倒。
I won't tell you when it's going out.
垃圾桶里会放一个垃圾袋,每天倒一次。
There will be a liner back in the bag in the bin, and it will go out once a day.
然后就像摩西分开红海一样。
And then it was like the Moses parting the Red Sea.
我的意思是,这可能是我们婚姻中最重要的对话。
I mean, it was the most that was probably the most important conversation in our marriage.
就这件事达成一致。
Aligning on what that means.
是的。
Yes.
期望是什么?
What's the expectation?
期望是什么?
What the expectation is?
希望没人住在房子里
Wanted, like, nobody lived in the house
对。
Correct.
对。
Correct.
一直如此。
All the time.
是的。
Yes.
对他来说,然后你得说,好吧。
And for him and then you had to say, okay.
现在这就是期望。
I that's now the expectation.
一天一次,如果你做到了的话
Once a day, if you've done that
但更多,但不,不。
But more but but no.
不幸的是,这并没有那么简单。
Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy.
我不得不真正回到我的童年。
I had to actually go back to my childhood.
这就是为什么我说,如果你从未做过这件事,请做我刚刚说的练习。
This is why I said, if you've never done this before, do the exercise I just said.
拿三张卡片——我刚刚给你的那三张,还有给你的听众,当情绪低落、认知清晰时,坐下来问问你的家庭当时是怎么做的。
Take three cards, the ones I just gave you, and to your listeners, and just sit down when emotion is low, cognition is high, and ask how it was done in your home.
最终,塞思,是什么改变了?
What changed, Seth, finally?
这就是为什么这些——不幸的是,公平竞争是一种实践。
And this is why these these unfortunately, fair play is a practice.
这就像锻炼一样,伙计们。
It's like exercise, guys.
现在我们听到的是力量训练。
Now we're hearing about strength training.
我们必须练习它。
We have to practice it.
这并不是一次性的对话。
It is not a one and done conversation.
这就像锻炼一样。
It is just like exercise.
其中一个重要的练习是与对方即将拥有的卡片进行最低护理标准的对话,而这需要时间。
And one of the big practices was having these minimum standard of care conversations for the cards the other person was going to own, which takes time.
所以我会说,入职过程就像公司里的入职一样,最好的公司需要六个月来完成入职。
So I will say the onboarding, just like in a company, onboarding in a company, the best companies take six months to onboard.
他们会安排一位导师。
They have a mentor.
他们会真正地让你融入公司文化。
They really indoctrinate you in the company.
最糟糕的情况就像我的律所那样,两天内自己摸索,然后我就很痛苦。
The worst, like my law firm was, like, figure it out two days, and then I was miserable.
但在Fairplay的入职过程中,不幸的是,情况并不理想。
But in the onboarding of Fairplay, unfortunately, it wasn't okay.
这将是我们标准的做法。
This will be our standard.
那是Seth。
It was Seth.
我可能之前在屏幕外跟你说过,妮可。
I may have said this to you off screen before, Nicole.
我从小在家中七岁就开始照顾母亲。
I grew up in a home where I was taking care of my mother starting at seven.
我们家门上贴过驱逐通知。
There were eviction notices on our door.
我帮她写房租支票。
I wrote out her rent checks.
我有一个患有残疾自闭症的兄弟,他占用了我们很多注意力。
I have a disabled autistic brother who gets a lot of our attention.
没人关注的是我们的厨房。
What didn't get attention was our kitchen.
有一个外卖袋堆在橱柜把手上,垃圾正从里面往外溢出。
There was garbage pouring out from a takeout bag that sat on a knob.
我们从来没有垃圾桶,每天晚上都是这样。
We never had a garbage can, and it was the same thing every night.
如果我弟弟想要水,而我妈妈还在加班,我会帮他,给他拿水,闭上眼睛,走进我们狭小的厨房,打开灯,但依然闭着眼,因为我知道,一开灯蟑螂和臭虫就会四处乱窜。
If my brother wanted water and my mother is working late, I would help him and get him his water, close my eyes, go into our small kitchen, turn on the light, keep my eyes closed because I knew that was how the cockroaches and water bugs would scatter when the lights turned on.
我不想看到它们,然后去接水,端给弟弟。
Didn't wanna see them, then went to go get the water and bring it to my brother.
所以我觉得赛斯必须理解。
So I think Seth had to understand.
是的。
Yeah.
我妈妈,他对我妈妈很有同理心。
My mother, he he feels a lot empathy for my mother.
他对我和我弟弟充满同情。
He feels empathy for me and my brother.
所以当他开始对垃圾及其所代表的意义产生共情时,这已经超越了垃圾本身。
And so when he could start feeling empathy for the garbage and what it's connoted, it was more than the garbage.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为,当它变得歇斯底里时,它就成了历史。
And I think when it's hysterical, it's historical.
对吧?
Right?
就像你曾经经历过这些,
Like, you had this
我非常喜欢这句话。
I love that.
对它的反应。
Reaction to it.
也就是说,这想法是从哪儿来的?
Like, where was that coming from?
而你把它挖掘出来了。
And you uncovered it.
而且很多这类事情并不理性。
And a lot of this stuff is not rational.
对吧?
Right?
它源自童年。
It comes from childhood.
而且,你知道,有一种系统性的观念,认为女人应该负责。
And there's, you know, this systemic idea that, like, the woman is responsible.
我甚至注意到,我们的保姆,我们都在一个群聊里。
I even noticed that our nanny, we're all in a group thread.
比如,她会来找我,问我问题。
Like, she'll come to me and ask me the questions.
或者,比如公婆们只会问女人关于后勤的事情。
Or, you know, in laws will ask about, like, logistics, but just to the woman.
所以这既是代际的,又不是。
And so it's it's generational, but also not.
比如,比我年轻或和我同龄的女性,会本能地来找我,问关于我女儿的问题。
Like, women who are younger than me or my age, like, will instinctively come to me to ask questions about our daughter.
在学校里,你能想象他们对女性做了什么吗?
In schools, can you imagine what they do to women?
我的意思是,不管男人把名字排在前面多少次,我让那么多男人这么做,他们还是会跳过男人的名字,直接叫女人。
I mean, they no matter how many men put them their names on first, and I asked so many men to do that, They skip over their name, and they they call women.
那你对此怎么做呢?
And what do you do about that?
比如,你又把所有人都拉进一个群聊吗?
Like, do you put everybody on a group thread again?
学校打电话来我不接。
I don't pick up when the school calls.
我就是不接。
I just don't.
但你最终觉得呢?
And eventually Do you think?
比如,发生什么事了吗?
Like, what did something happen?
我会接。
I do.
或者我会接。
Or I do.
但我觉得自己在模仿男人的做法,然后想,好吧。
But I think I channel men, And I think, okay.
如果他们这么做时没有压力反应,那很可能就是安娜撞到头了,或者本因为口袋里藏葡萄被罚了留校,他上周确实因为这个被罚了。
If they do this without a stress response, you know, most likely it's, you know, Anna bumped her head or Ben got a detention, which he did last week over not eating grapes in his pocket.
他一直被禁止在学校吃东西,于是他就把葡萄藏在口袋里。
Like, he kept not allowed to eat in the school, and he was, like, keeping grapes in his pocket.
所以,通常你会祈祷事情只是这样。
So, typically, you pray that that's what it is.
敲敲木头。
Knock on wood.
但没错,我真的不得不对抗自己与生俱来的本能。
But, yeah, I I really have had to fight my instinct to do what comes naturally.
那对于那些辞职在家照顾孩子的父母呢?
And what about parents that leave their job to take care of the kids?
你觉得给这些事情赋予经济价值怎么样?
Do you do you like the idea of putting a monetary value to a lot of these
哦,当然了。
Oh, absolutely.
我也是。
I do.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。