本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿,怪胎们。
Hey, weirdos.
我是艾什。
I'm Ash.
我是埃琳娜。
And I'm Elena.
这很病态。
And this is morbid.
这很病态。
It's morbid.
在夜晚。
At night.
在夜晚。
At night.
阿丽娜不会懂这个梗的,但在夜晚,海绵宝宝。
Alina won't get that reference, but at night, Spongebob.
天啊。
Oh my god.
总是海绵宝宝。
It's always Spongebob.
我正想说,你不应该
I was gonna say, you shouldn't
到现在还觉得惊讶。
be surprised at this point.
我差点就说出来了。
I almost said it.
我差点就要问,那是海绵宝宝吗?
I was almost like, is that Spongebob?
如果我说这是个你不懂的梗,十有八九可能就是海绵宝宝。
If I say that it's a reference you're not gonna get, feel like eight out of 10 times is probably Spongebob.
是啊。
Yeah.
我能理解。
I could see that.
是啊。
Yeah.
这很合理。
That makes sense.
确实如此。
That checks.
或者是一首嘻哈歌曲。
Or a hip rap song.
我可能也听不懂。
Which I probably won't get.
我就是这个意思。
That's what saying.
我尽力吧。
I try.
所以今天,我们要讲一个有点恐怖的传说。
So today, we're doing kind of like a spooky legend.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
这一集。
Episode.
我们要讲一个混合体,一个恐怖的传说集。
We're doing kind of like mishmosh, a spooky legends.
混合体。
Mishmosh.
混合体。
Mishmosh.
混合体。
Mishmosh.
大杂烩。
Mishmosh.
是啊,我们觉得万圣节和传说简直是天作之合,万圣节、万圣节和传说总是形影不离。
Yeah, we figured like Halloween, legends, Halloween, Halloween, And legends, they just go hand in hand.
确实如此。
They do.
而且感觉特别合适。
And it just felt right.
因为我们确实没做过任何与万圣节相关的内容。
Because we haven't really done anything like Halloween related No.
在播客里。
On the pod.
我是说,我们做过一些恐怖题材。
I mean, we've been doing some spooky things.
但主要都是些真实犯罪案件。
But we've been doing just a lot of like true crime cases.
所以我们想,不如就把它带到万圣节的氛围里吧。
So we're like, you know what, let's bring it to a place of Halloween.
一种诡异感。
A of spookiness.
是啊。
Yeah.
一个古怪的地方。
A place of weird.
一个埃琳娜和达什的地方。
A place of Elena and Dash.
顺便说一句,提到诡异、古怪和棒极了,我们前几天去了塞勒姆夜集市。
Which by the way, speaking of spooky and weird and awesome, we went to the Salem Night Fair the other night.
老兄,那真是太有趣了。
Dude, it was so much fun.
瑞恩和马特负责黑面纱活动,他们是主办方。
Ryan and Matt do from the Black Veil, they're the ones who put it on.
他们的工作做得太棒了。
They do such an amazing job.
简直疯狂。
It's insane.
真的,要为他们点赞。
Like, shout out to them.
还有所有摊主和那些促成这一切的人。
And all the vendors and like everybody who makes it happen.
埃琳娜走进去时直接就说,我想住在这里。
It's just like, it's one of the Elena literally walked in there and she was like, I want to live here.
是啊。
Yeah.
我给约翰发了消息,因为他在家带孩子,孩子们都睡了,这周我们人手有点紧张,必须有个人留在家里。
I texted John and because he was home with the kids and I was like, because they were sleeping and one of us had to stay home because we're kind of like short handed with help this week.
但我还是给他发了消息,因为他问‘那里怎么样?’
But, I texted him because he was like, how is it?
我就说,我没跟你开玩笑。
And I was like, I'm not kidding you.
感觉这里就像是我脑海中的景象。
I feel like this is the inside of my mind.
哦,绝对就是。
Oh, it absolutely is.
而且确实有这种感觉。
And it felt like it was.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我还
I have
得拆开包装看看那些蜡烛。
to still unpack the candles that I got there.
没错。
Yes.
等我整理的时候,我一定要特别感谢那位制作蜡烛的女士,她向我们详细介绍了制作过程,还讲述了如何赋予蜡烛意义等等。那些蜡烛实在太美了,香气也棒极了,我都等不及要点燃一支了。
And when I do, I need to I need to shout out the the woman who makes those candles because she was telling us like how she does it and everything and she sets intentions and all this stuff and they're so beautiful and they smell so I can't wait to light one.
简直就像诡异的Etsy商店活过来了一样。
It's just like it's like spooky Etsy come to life.
是啊。
Yeah.
都是些超棒的摊主。
It's just these amazing vendors.
有那么多酷炫的东西,比如美食和塔罗牌占卜。
Like so many cool things, like good food and tarot card readings.
简直就是集所有你想要的快乐元素于一体。
It's just it's everything just delightful that you can want.
而且活动地点在塞勒姆先锋村,让整个氛围既诡异又精彩。
And it's at the Salem Pioneer Village, which makes it just spooky and awesome.
简直太酷了。
It was so rad.
这也是我度过一个超棒周末的开始。
It was also the start to like a really awesome weekend for me.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像刚过去的这个周末,是我多年来最棒的周末之一。
Like this past weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in years.
看看你。
Look at you.
因为我能和你还有一群搞怪有趣的朋友们一起度过。
Because I got to do that with you and like a bunch of our spooky fun friends.
没错。
Yeah.
然后第二天,我们还去参加了Drew表妹的单身派对,她真是最可爱的人,她的姐妹们也都超酷。
And then the next day, we got to go to Drew's cousin's bachelorette and she's just like the sweetest human and all her sisters are so cool.
我太喜欢了。
I love that.
而且它
And it
和他们一起玩真是太开心了。
was like so fun hanging out with them.
然后昨天,还能和你以及我们的家人一起玩。
And then yesterday, got to hang out with you and our family.
没错。
Exactly.
那感觉真是太棒了。
It was like so wonderful.
我们终于去了鬼屋。
And we got to go to a haunted house finally.
我们还带了Sheena和Trid一起去。
And we got to bring Sheena and Trid.
是的。
Yes.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
我差点就暴露了Trid的身份。
The way that I almost just outed Trid's identity.
这就是为什么我说'对'。
Just that's why I went Yep.
你说
You said
闭嘴。
shut up.
你说踩刹车。
You said pump the brakes.
我说Trid。
I said Trid.
哦,天啊。
Oh, man.
真是千钧一发。
That was a close call.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你们还没关注希娜、梅尔瓦尼和特里德,那位真正的印度老爸,对。
If you guys aren't following Sheena, Melwani and Trid, the real Indian dad Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
你们必须关注他们。
You gotta do it.
快去关注他们的TikTok账号。
Go follow their TikTok.
去看看吧。
Go check them out.
他们超级搞笑。
They're hilarious.
而且,他们在现实生活中恰好是最可爱、最棒的人。
And also, they happen to be like the sweetest, most amazing people in real life.
哦,他们最近成了我们新交到的最好的朋友,这真的
Oh, they've become recently like, some of our new best friends and it's really
令人兴奋。
exciting.
而且这是Sheena第一次去鬼屋。
And it was Sheena's first haunted house ever.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以带她来玩真的
So it was really fun to bring
很开心。
her to that.
我觉得带她来第一次体验鬼屋让我感觉特别重要。
I I felt so I felt like so important bringing her to her first haunted house.
我知道。
I know.
而且真的超级有趣。
And also it was so much fun.
确实。
It was.
很需要这样的活动。
Was needed.
我们今年还没去过鬼屋呢。
We haven't hit one this year.
没有。
No.
就是一直没成行,你知道的,大家总在生病,孩子们也老生病。
It just it hasn't worked out, you know, people have been sick, kids have been sick.
这事就一直没能实现。
It just hasn't been a thing that we could do.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们最近太忙了,实在抽不出时间。
And we've just been so busy that it just isn't working out.
最后还是没成。
And finally No.
我知道。
I know.
那是在所有孩子都睡着后,我当时就想,你知道吗?
It was after all the kids went to sleep and I was like, you know what?
我们走吧。
Let's go.
我们可以去的。
We can go.
太棒了。
Hell yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
我和艾琳娜以前每年十月的每个周末都会去鬼屋玩。
And we Elena and I used to go to a haunted house literally every weekend in October.
这是我们俩的固定活动,而且我们还会邀请其他人一起。
Like, it was our thing that we did together and we'd like invite whoever.
但是
But
我们无论如何都会去。
we always went no matter what.
最近几年因为疫情、孩子、忙碌和各种混乱,就没能继续。
In the past couple of years, it's been COVID and kids and busy and craziness.
所以我在想,明年我们一定要重拾这个传统。
So it's like, next year, we gotta get back on our grind.
我们得重新开始,对吧?
We gotta get back on it, you know?
但我们在夜市也遇到了很多你们这样的朋友。
But we met a ton of you guys at the Night Fair too.
是的。
Yes.
我只想说你们真的太棒了。
And I just wanted to say you guys were awesome.
能认识你们真的很酷。
And it was really cool to meet you.
还有你们
And you
某种程度上点亮了我们的夜晚。
kind of made our nights.
谢谢你们这么酷。
So thanks for being rad.
是啊。
Yeah.
就是
It was just
感觉对了。
It just felt right.
周末愉快。
Good weekend.
感觉对了。
It felt right.
每次有人过来打招呼说'天啊,嘿'的时候,
Every time somebody came up and was like, oh my god, hey.
就像是,我们会在这里相遇。
It was like, we would meet here.
哦,天,你懂我意思吗?
Oh, hell Like, you know what mean?
就像,我当时就说,是啊。
Like, I was like, yeah.
感觉我们在这里见面很合适。
Like, this feels right that we're meeting here.
这是我们美好的相遇。
That's our our good meet
你知道的,和人们相处很愉快。
cute with people, you know.
谢谢你们这么棒还和我们打招呼,那真的很酷。
So thanks for being awesome and saying hi to us because that was really cool.
太有趣了。
It was so fun.
希望你们在夜市也玩得开心。
And I hope you guys had fun at the night fair too.
希望大家无论做了什么,都能度过一个愉快的周末。
And I hope everybody had a good weekend no matter what they did.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
现在是万圣节惊悚随机传说时间。
It's Halloween spooky random legend time.
我想这期节目大概会在周三播出。
Think this episode goes out on like a Wednesday.
人们可能会说,这真的是工作日中间啊。
People are gonna be like, it's literally the middle of the week.
确实是。
It is.
对吧?
You know?
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
但你知道接下来是什么吗?
But you know what's coming?
随便吧。
Whatever.
是啊。
Yeah.
万圣节要来了。
Halloween's coming.
哦,我没注意到你这么困惑。
Oh, I didn't you were so confused.
对啊。
Yeah.
现在几点了?
It's what time is it?
已经很晚了。
It's late.
我都不知道。
Don't even know.
是啊。
Yeah.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
大概是晚上8:30。
It's like 08:30PM.
所以我虽然年纪大了,但这已经远远超过我的...
So I'm geriatric But and it's way past my
你想开始还是我来?
do you want to start or should I?
不。
No.
哇哦。
Woah.
我从不主动开始
I never start
这些。
these.
好的。
Okay.
好吧。
Alright.
哦,天啊。
Oh, my.
哇。
Wow.
各位,你们真该看看她现在的表情。
If you could see her face right now, everybody.
不。
No.
哇哦。
Woah.
好的。
Okay.
嗯,我要稍微装饰一下,就一小撮、一小把的仙女灯。
Well, I'm going to be covering a little bit like just a little little handful, little scoop of fairy lights.
哦,关于仙女灯的传说。
Oh, the legends of fairy lights.
你弄吧。
You do that.
我有个笑话要讲给你听。
I have a joke for you.
好的。
Okay.
我可不像迈克尔·斯科特。
I'm not like Michael Scott.
我很迷信的。
I'm superstitious.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以这就是你必须开始的原因。
So that's why you have to start.
哦,我明白了。
Oh, I see.
好的。
Okay.
我反应了一下才明白。
That took me a second.
我也是想了一会儿才编出这个笑话,所以不得不在不合适的时机打断你来讲这个笑话。
It also took me a second to form the joke and that's why I had to interrupt you tell the joke at a bad spot.
很不错。
Very nice.
但我不得不这么做
But I had to do what
因为我一开始脑子里想的是原句,比如'我不迷信,但我有点妹信'。
because I had to I was at first, my brain was going to the actual quote, like, I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little sisterstitious.
所以我有点懵。
So I got confused.
不过我喜欢这个梗。
But I like it.
好吧。
Okay.
现在我后知后觉地笑出声了。
And retroactively, I'm laughing right now.
好嘞。
Alrighty.
你这家伙真行啊。
Like you son of a bitch.
跟我说说你的精灵故事吧,顺便提醒我别在太晚的时候讲笑话。
Tell me about your fairies and remind me not to tell a joke when it's too late.
我们让艾什在这儿来个紧凑的十分钟表演。
We get Ash doing a tight 10 up in here.
所以没错,我要聊聊一些仙女灯。
So yeah, I'm gonna talk about some fairy lights.
特别是,我打算从路易斯安那州的那些开始讲起。
Particularly, I'm going to start with ones from Louisiana.
哦,你喜欢那个地方吗?
Oh, do you like that place or something?
是的,我喜欢。
I do.
我觉得路易斯安那很棒。
I think Louisiana is great.
Tinyurl.com/thebutcherinthren
Tinyurl.com/thebutcherinthren.
谢谢。
Thank you.
不客气。
You're welcome.
但这些叫做拉福福乐。
But these are called La Fou Foules.
哦。
Oh.
有点像贝奈特饼,但不一样。
Kinda like a beignet but different.
完全不像贝奈特饼,不过我现在倒想吃一个。
Not at all like a beignet, but I would like a beignet now.
我从没吃过贝奈特饼。
I've never had a beignet.
贝奈特饼。
A beignet.
贝奈饼。
Bignet.
贝涅饼。
Bignet.
不。
No.
这些被称为拉福福尔,这些存在也被称为卡津精灵或沼泽精灵。
These are called La Foufoules, and these entities are also known as the Cajun fairies or the swamp fairies.
听起来可能很美,但它们出现在毫无戒心的受害者面前时,怀有极其险恶的动机。
And it may sound beautiful, but it has a truly sinister motive for appearing to unsuspecting victims.
所以赶紧他妈的后退。
So back the fuck up.
对。
Yeah.
听起来很棒,但其实不然。
These it sounds great, but no.
所以这个词显然是法语。
So this word is obviously French.
我不知道你是否能看出来。
I don't know if you could tell.
不,这很奇怪。
No, it's weird.
我还以为是德语。
I thought it was German.
Le foufouleil。
Le foufouleil.
这明显是法语,而且有几个不同的翻译版本。
It's obviously French and it has a few different translations.
我见过'沼泽之火'的译法,但也见过'疯狂之火'的翻译,我觉得'疯狂之火'可能更贴切些。
I've seen Marsh Fire, but I've also seen Crazy Crazy Fire, which I think Crazy Fire kind of like fits better.
我喜欢这个翻译。
I like that.
如今许多有卡津血统的人,特别是在路易斯安那地区,可能都从父母、祖父母那里听说过关于这些存在的传说。
Now a lot of people with Cajun heritage today, especially in the Louisiana area, have probably heard tales of these entities from their parents, grandparents, you know, the like.
这类故事都带着深刻的教训——不要跟随任何东西进入沼泽或树林。
They're the kind of tales that come with a strong lesson of not following things into the swamp or the woods.
教训很重要。
Lessons are important.
确实如此。
They are.
要知道,远离沼泽,别当个疯狂的小游荡者,
You know, stay out of the swamps and just don't be a crazy little wanderer,
你懂的。
you know.
这简直就是在形容我本人。
That's actually like exactly who I am.
没错,别当个疯狂的小游荡者。
Yeah, don't be a crazy little wanderer.
太迟了。
Too late.
在这片区域可不行。
Not in these parts.
这些小东西是光球,通常非常小,但有时也会稍大一些。
Now these little things are balls of light, usually very small, but sometimes they can be a little bigger.
有些大概有25美分硬币那么大。
Like they some of them are the size of like a quarter.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
还有些能长到哈密瓜大小。
And then some of them can be like a cantaloupe size.
哈密瓜大小,你说?
A cantaloupe, you say?
没错。
Yeah.
它们看起来像摇曳的火焰。
And they'll look like a flickering flame.
哈密瓜个头挺大的。
Cantaloupes are pretty big.
想象一下一个闪烁的哈密瓜火焰?
Imagine A flickering cantaloupe flame?
是啊。
Yeah.
但它们离得很远。
But they're far away.
它们最初出现在远处。
They start up far away.
所以你会看到它们,大小不一。
So you'll see them and they just kind of vary in size.
现在它们出现在路易斯安那沼泽的黑暗中,沿着树线舞动。
Now they appear in the darkness of the Louisiana Bayou and they just kind of like dance along the tree line.
最初,这些光被视为吉兆
And initially, these lights were seen as a good omen at first
因为人们会说,哦,是光啊。
because people were like, oh, lights.
那太好了。
That's great.
有光总是好的。
Lights are always good.
听起来不错。
Sounds good.
而且故事有时会因讲述者的不同而有所变化。
And the story can sometimes vary depending on who is telling it.
但在这些光从何而来这个关键点上,各个版本的故事都高度一致。
But there is a strong consistent with the important parts of the stories when it comes to where these came from.
有些人相信这些火焰是未受洗就夭折的婴儿灵魂,或是还在哺乳期就死去的婴灵。
Some people believe that these fires are the spirits of babies that died unbaptized, died while or they were died while they were still nursing.
哦。
Oh.
是的。
Yeah.
这些不是那些小时候没受洗的成年人。
And these aren't like grown people who weren't baptized as babies.
这些是未受洗就夭折的婴儿。
These are babies who were not baptized and died as babies.
哦。
Oh.
对。
Yeah.
这就是它们的来历。
That's what these are.
你说,让我...克莱尔,搞糊涂了。
You said, let me me Claire, confused.
我当时确实很困惑。
And I was.
所以谢谢你。
So thank you.
好的。
Okay.
哇。
Wow.
这些是还在哺乳期就夭折的婴儿。
These are babies who died while they were still nursing.
哦,那太可怕了。
Oh, that's terrible.
然后他们现在不得不徘徊在某种炼狱状态中。
And then they now have to, like, wander around in some kind of purgatory state.
我讨厌这样。
I hate that.
现在很多关于他们的传说都带有恐怖色彩,给人一种非常绝望的感觉。
Now a lot of these tales, kind of tales regarding them are scary and have like a really hopeless feeling to them.
如果不是婴儿,那么有些人认为这些只是逝者的灵魂。
If they're not babies, then some people believe that these are just like spirits of those who died.
他们生前过着悲惨的生活,做过邪恶的事情。
They lived terrible lives, like did wicked things in their lives.
他们进入炼狱后又被吐回人间,因为他们的生活充满罪恶,现在被迫接受这种惩罚性的来世。
And they entered purgatory and then were spit back into the earthly realm because their lives were so filled with sin that they're now forced into this like punishment afterlife.
天啊,你坏到连炼狱都待不下去。
Damn, you're so bad you can't even hang out in purgatory.
我们把你们从炼狱里吐出来。
We spit you out of purgatory.
两边都不收留你。
Like neither one of them are taking you.
这些是已故亲人的灵魂。
Like these are the spirits of loved ones who have died.
这是他们回家传递信息或安慰那些因失去他们而痛苦的人的方式。
And this was their way of returning home to pass on a message or to comfort those who are struggling with their loss.
好吧。
Alright.
所以目前我们提到了死婴,
So so far we've got dead babies,
这简直太可怕了。
which is absolutely terrible.
我们还有
We've got
那些邪恶到连炼狱都不收的人类。
So wicked human terrible that they can't even hang out in purgatory.
现在我有个挚爱之人。
And now I have a loved one.
嗯,事情就是这样。
Well, this is what it is.
问题就出在这里。
This is where the issue lies.
这是个陷阱。
This is a trap.
它们全都是陷阱。
They are all traps.
这些光芒迫使你追随它们。
You are compelled by these lights to follow them.
但你永远无法真正触及它们。
But you will never quite reach them.
它们根本就不...根本就不怀好意。
And they're just not they're not good.
它们会伪装成你希望看到的样子。
They appear to be seen as as what you want them to be.
假装成安抚你的亲人,带来彼岸的消息,它们试图把自己塑造成你需要的样子。
Loved ones to comfort you and bring you news from beyond like they are that they try to make themselves into what you need them to be.
但它们并非你真正的亲人。
But they are not your loved ones.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
它们绝非善类。
They are not anything good.
它们伪装成那样,实际上是为了引诱你进入沼泽,让你他妈的送命。
They are masking as such and are in fact there to lure you into the swamps to your fucking death.
嗯,这就是为什么他们不该被赶出炼狱。
Well, that's why they shouldn't have gotten kicked out of purgatory.
把他们留在那里,这样他们就不能来烦我了。
Leave them there so they can't fuck with me
以及我的人。
and mine.
所以,尽管那些相信这些是他们亲人的人被这些实体欺骗了,但它们的本质确实是邪恶的东西。
So even though the people who would believe these were their their loved ones were being tricked by these entities, what they are is they really are like evil things.
因此,我不认为整个关于炼狱中婴儿的说法,觉得那完全是另一系列问题。
So I don't think in the whole like babies in purgatory thing, think it's just like a whole other series of issues.
不过,确实。
But Yeah.
在我看来,最符合的是这些,因为它们本质邪恶。
I think it's it seems to me like the one that fits right is these because these are evil.
它们并不善良。
Like, they're not good.
就像《猛鬼追魂》里的弗兰克。
Like Frank from Hellraiser.
对。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
他绝对称得上是恐怖界的王者之一。
Like he would definitely be I'm one of a horror queen.
哇。
Wow.
是的。
Yeah.
是我,阿什。
It's me, Ash.
我现在看恐怖电影了。
I watch horror movies now.
我大概上周才给阿什介绍了《猛鬼追魂》?
I introduced Ash to Hellraiser like, what, last week?
不对。
No.
应该是两周前。
Like, two weeks ago.
两周前她第一次看就爱上了这部电影。
Two weeks ago for the first time she had seen it and she loved it.
我真的很喜欢它。
I really liked it a lot.
我特别自豪。
I was so proud.
妈妈。
Momma.
我真的很骄傲。
I was real proud.
我当时就想,这才是我的女儿。
I was like, that's my girl.
那是我的
That's my
这才是我的女儿。
That's my girl.
下次看《惊声尖叫》吧,就当快速转换下心情。
Next time Scream, just like quick diversion.
如果你们没看过《惊声尖叫》,真该看看
If you guys don't listen to Scream, you should
看看《惊声尖叫》吧。
listen to Scream.
非常有趣。
It's a lot of fun.
是啊。
Yeah.
这是一个由
It's a podcast that run with
我们的朋友Caleb和我们一起
our friend Caleb and we
讨论恐怖电影的播客。
do horror movies.
但我们要讨论《黑色星期天》,我对此非常期待。
But we're gonna do Black Sunday and I'm really excited for it.
这是我的选择。
It's my pick.
所以,我真的要变成一个真正的恐怖片爱好者了。
So like, I really am becoming a true horror head.
各位,
And guys,
现在正是去收听《惊声尖叫》的好时机,如果你还没开始听的话。
now's the time to go listen to listen to Scream if you're not listening already.
是啊。
Yeah.
来吧。
Come on.
快去听吧。
Go ahead.
很有趣的。
It's fun.
言归正传。
So back to this.
他们不是你的亲人。
They're not your loved ones.
他们会把你引向沼泽中的死亡陷阱。
They're gonna lead you to your fucking death in the swamp.
他们的全部目的就是分散你的注意力。
Their entire thing is to distract you.
就像他们那样,哦,漂亮的光。
Like they they're like, oh, pretty lights.
然后你就跟着他们走了。
And then you follow them.
漂亮的光和你爱我。
Pretty lights and you love me.
让我们
Let's
走吧。
go.
没错。
Exactly.
一旦他们抓住你,就不会放你走。
And once they have you, they keep you.
哦。
Oh.
哦。
Oh.
他们不会放你走的。
They're not letting you go.
我不喜欢
I did not like the
你刚才做的那个小眼神。
little eye thing that you just did.
他们会困住你。
They keep you.
他们会困住你。
They keep you.
我当时就想,别用那种‘他们困住你’的眼神看着我。
I was like, don't look at me like They keep you.
然后他们会引你越陷越深,确保你迷失方向。
And they lead you further and further into the swamps, making sure that you lose your way.
让你只关注他们,却忽略了脚下的路。
That you're paying attention to them, you're not paying attention to where you're going.
当你意识到自己偏离多远时,往往为时已晚。
And when you realize how far you have wandered, it's always too late.
哦,真要命。
Oh, my damn.
你不是彻底迷失,就是会陷进沼泽溺亡。
You're either lost or you will fall into the swamp and drown.
这两种结局...有些传说甚至提到,我查到的资料显示他们会引诱你进入沼泽和荆棘丛,让你被撕成碎片。
Those are the two And some legends even say I found a few things that say they'll try to lure you into the swamps and into briars or sharp prickly bushes to get you torn to pieces.
天啊。
Jesus Christ.
是啊。
Yeah.
又来了,就像《养鬼吃人》那样。
Again, like Hellraiser.
没错。
Exactly.
哇哦。
Woah.
这些只是百夫长吗?
Are these just centibites?
也许吧。
Maybe.
这些可能只是钉头鬼和那边的黄油球。
These could be just Pinhead and like Butterball over there.
老兄。
My man.
我的老兄。
My man.
不过,它们也与宝藏有所关联。
Now, they have also been associated though with treasure.
那些寻宝的人。
Treasure seeking people.
好吧。
Okay.
有故事说,高级海盗在埋藏宝藏前通常会杀死一名船员。
So there are stories that say it was common for high ranking pirates to kill a crew member before they would bury their treasure.
然后他们会将这名船员的尸体与宝藏一起扔进坑里。
They would then throw the body of this crew member into the hole with the treasure.
这一行为会将死者的灵魂永远与宝藏相连。
And this purse this act would connect this dead man's soul to the treasure forever.
他们现在被迫承担起守护宝藏的职责,直到海盗回来认领。
And they are now forced into the job of guarding the treasure until the pirates come back to claim it.
我怎么会有点喜欢这个?
Why do I kind of love that?
是不是很疯狂?
Isn't that gnarly?
部分。
Part.
这难道不疯狂吗?
Isn't that so gnarly?
就像,他们杀害了自己的船员,把他扔进坑里,现在他就被束缚在这批财宝上。
Like, they murder one of their crewmates, throw him in the hole, and he's now bound to this treasure.
这简直是《加勒比海盗》级别的操作。
That's some Pirates of the Caribbean shit.
对吧?
Right?
这就是海盗的作风。
That's some pirate shit.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们应该报道一些海盗故事。
We should cover, like, some pirate stories.
我们得报道些海盗故事。
We gotta cover some pirate stories.
外面流传着一些疯狂的故事
There's some crazy ones lingering out there in
哟吼吼。
Yo Ho Ho.
哟吼吼,来瓶朗姆酒。
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum.
啊吼。
Ahoy.
也许吧。
Maybe.
就是这样。
There you go.
啊!
Argh.
我们刚刚变成海盗了吗?
Did we just become pirates?
是的。
We did.
确实如此。
We did.
还记得以前大家都会为'海盗语言日'兴奋不已吗?
Remember when everybody would get excited about Speak Like a Pirate Day?
或者在Facebook上,大家会兴奋地把语言设置改成海盗语?
Or everybody would get excited about on Facebook, they would let you change your language to pirate?
我隐约记得,不像...你知道发状态时通常会显示'你在想什么?'
I do briefly remember instead of like, what what do you because you know how like when you would put up a status update, it would say like, what's on your What's on your mind?
它会变成类似'你在掠夺什么?'这样的文字
It would change to like, what ye be plundering?
或者类似的
Or something.
那一定是Facebook刚兴起时的事
That must have been when Facebook like first happened.
我想我是在那之后不久才加入的
And I think I was like a little bit after that.
当时所有人都特别热衷这个
And everyone was like real into it.
他们都说'我是个海盗'
They're like, I'm a pirate.
上面显示着'你正在掠夺什么'
It says what ye be plundering right now.
我还挺喜欢这个的
I kinda love that.
那很有趣。
It was funny.
我们那时更单纯
We were like we were a simpler
的人们。
people back then.
那时候你们还会在Facebook上玩戳一戳大战?
When you would just get into like poke fights on Facebook?
那是个更简单的时代。
It was simpler time.
那是个美好的时代。
It was a beautiful time.
是啊。
Yeah.
在我们那个年代,戳一戳还是一种调情方式。
Poking used to be a way of like flirtation back in my day.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
那确实是个简单得多的时代。
It was it was a much simpler time.
不过这个话题就到此为止吧。
But enough of that.
据说这些与宝藏相连的幽灵会变成'Le Fou Fou Lae',尤其是当最初埋藏宝藏的海盗最终认领宝藏时,因为它们仍会守护着宝藏所在之地。
So these spirits that are now connected to this treasure are said to become Le Fou Fou Lae, especially when the treasure was finally claimed by the pirate that initially buried it, because they would still stay and guard the place that the that the treasure was.
然后它们会引诱其他人前往藏宝地,结果却是将他们引向死亡,活活埋葬。
Then they would lure other people toward the the treasure place only to lead them to certain death and bury them alive.
好吧。
Alrighty.
所以人们以为自己被带向了埋藏的宝藏。
So people think they're being led to buried treasure.
有个故事讲的是,我在几个不同资料里读到过,有两个一起修铁路的家伙。
There's a tale of like, these two guys, I read it in a few different sources, these two guys were working on a railroad together.
他们是朋友。
They were friends.
他们看到了乐福福勒幽灵,心想'哦,我们得跟着它们,说不定会带我们找到宝藏'。
They saw the Le Fou Foulehs and they were like, oh, we have to follow them because maybe they're going to lead us to treasure.
于是他们就跟了上去。
And they followed.
乐福福勒幽灵钻进了土里,就像...把他们引入了歧途。
And the Le Fou Fou Lae went into the dirt, like into the like led them astray.
幽灵钻进土里后,他们觉得'宝藏肯定在那儿'。
Went into the dirt and they were like, that must be where the treasure is.
他们开始挖掘,因为当时正在修铁路,所以手头有铲子。
So they started digging and they were working on the railroad so they had shovels.
整日
All the
不休。
live long day.
结果他被Le Fou Fouleh吃掉了。
They ended up And he got eaten by the Le Fou Fouleh.
被吃掉了?
Eaten?
你说
You said
我说的是Le Fou Fouleh,但其实就是Le Fou Fouleh,因为它是无牙的。
I said the Le Fou Fouleh, but it's just Le Fou Fouleh because that's toothless.
哇哦。
Woah.
所以别跟着Le Fou Fouleh走。
But so don't follow the Le Fou Fouleh.
如果你和朋友一起跟着Le Fou Fouleh,别他妈太贪心。
And if you follow the Le Fou Fouleh with a friend, don't get fucking greedy.
你们中有一个会死。
One of you is gonna die.
哇。
Wow.
这是个警示
This is a cautionary
故事。
tale.
是啊。
Yeah.
你现在可能正在心里想。
And you might be thinking to yourself right now.
好吧,该死。
Well, shit.
是啊。
Yeah.
就这样了吗?
Is this it?
我常常在心里想,好吧,如果
Usually thinking to myself, well, If
他们出现了,我有选择吗?
they appear, do I have a choice?
还是说追随他们就是我的宿命?
Or is it just my fate to follow them?
比如,他们会强迫我追随他们吗?
Like, are they gonna force me to follow them?
是啊。
Yeah.
我有什么选择
What are my options
呢?
here?
我该
What do I
在这里做什么?
do here?
我是说,好吧,
I'm saying Well,
一些当地人相信,你确实可以对抗他们的超自然力量,避免成为沼泽仙灵的受害者。
some locals believe that you can you actually can fight against their otherworldly power and keep yourself from becoming a victim of the Swamp Fairies.
用一记左右勾拳?
With a little one two punch?
不。
No.
不是什么左右勾拳。
Not a one two punch.
他们根本不吃这套。
They don't give a shit about that.
他们会说:带着你的小拳头滚远点。
They're like, get the fuck out of here with your little hands.
这有什么好笑的?
Why was that so funny?
他们根本不在乎这个。
They don't give a shit about that.
他们确实不在乎。
They don't.
他们不关心这个。
They don't care about that.
你的组合拳就是个笑话,贾塞尔。
Foo foo on your one two punch, Jassel.
我是无敌的福福福莱。
I'm Foo Foo Foo Lay.
我才不在乎你那小破手。
I don't care about your little, like, boo boop hands.
小破手。
Boo boop hands.
显然,这些小实体并不在乎你挥拳相向,但它们确实在意铁器。
So apparently, these little entities, though, they don't care about you throwing hands, but they do care about iron.
它们无法跨越任何铁制物品。
They cannot cross anything iron.
哦。
Oh.
不确定为什么。
Not sure why.
所以如果你看到它们并感受到它们力量的牵引,你必须在你们之间放置铁制物品。
So if you're seeing one and you're feeling the pull of their power, you have to put something iron between you.
通常建议将铁制物品插入地面,比如刀刃,我读到很多人使用铁针。
Usually, it's recommended that you drive something into the ground that's iron, like a blade, I read a lot of people use iron needles.
这很有趣,因为其运作原理是Foo Fili会被迫尝试穿过针眼。
And this is interesting because it works the way that it works is the Foo Fili are compelled to try to fit through the eye of the needle.
它们会试图穿过去。
They try to fit through it.
为什么
Why does
这听起来这么耳熟?
that sound familiar to me?
嗯,我会告诉你的,因为你可能从其他几件事中记得这个。
Well, I'll get I'll tell you because you probably remember it from a couple of other things.
所以它们会试图穿过针眼。
So they'll try to get through the eye of the needle.
然后它们会花大量时间和精力尝试这么做。
And then they will spend a lot of time and effort trying to do this.
它们会暂时忘记最初来这里是为了把你诱入沼泽,看着你缓慢痛苦地死去。
And they'll momentarily lose sight of the fact that they came here initially to lure you into the swamp to watch you die a horrific slow death.
这有点像你引诱它们穿过针眼
It's kinda like you lure them into the eye of the needle
然后看着它们
and watch them have
一种可怕而缓慢的死亡。
a horrific slow death.
你以其人之道还治其人之身。
You pay you play their own game.
所以当他们分心时,你可以拼命跑得越远越好,永远不要回头。
So when they're distracted, you can run as far away as humanly possible and never look back.
这很像那些传说中在门口放很多东西让鬼魂数数的做法。
This works a lot like the legends that include leaving a lot of things outside your door for spirits to count.
你可能正在想这个。
That might be what you're thinking about.
我们之前讨论过这些内容。
We've covered things before.
比如这些关键点——我们讲过一些这类远离鬼魂的方法。
Like these key we've covered some of these, like, keep away methods for spirits.
是啊。
Yeah.
比如萨温节。
Like Samhain.
是的。
Yeah.
实际上我发现其中一个,因为我开始研究其他的,我当时也是这么想的。
Now one of these I found actually, because I started looking into other ones because I was I thought the same thing.
我当时就觉得,这听起来太熟悉了。
I was like, that sounds so familiar.
对。
Yeah.
我想我当时想到的是所有这些不同的文化和传说,它们会说,它们会数你门外的这么多东西,然后忘记它们要来找你。
I think I was thinking of all these different, like, like cultures and legends that would be like, they will count this many things outside your door and forget that they're coming in to you.
现在我发现的其中一个既恐怖又迷人的是Haint。
Now one of these that I found terrifying and fascinating is the Haint.
哦。
Oh.
这是来自美国南部佛罗里达、南北卡罗来纳地区古拉吉奇文化中的一种恶灵。
Which is an evil ghost from Gullah Geechee culture found in the South near like Florida, North And South Carolina area.
这些汉特鬼魂有特定行为模式,它们属于邪恶幽灵。
These Haints have a method and these Haints are like evil ghosts.
它们杀害受害者的方式是通过不断追逐直到对方力竭而亡。
And they have a method of killing their victims by chasing them until they die of exhaustion.
这简直是他妈的最恐怖噩梦。
That's my their worst fucking nightmare.
这就是它们的目的。
That's their goal.
它们就是要让你精疲力尽而死。
They just exhaust you to death.
要我说,现实生活已经在这样折磨我了。
I mean, life is already doing that to me.
所以你能别这样吗?
So can you not?
所以你能不能别这样。
So can you not.
但你可以通过几种方法让它们远离。
But you can keep these away, it said by a few methods.
首先,你显然可以用报纸当墙纸。
First, you can apparently use newspaper as wallpaper.
或者
Or
这不是我的风格。
That's not my vibe.
你可以把书页当墙纸,听起来还挺酷的。
You can read you can put pages of books as wallpaper, which sounds kind of cool.
这也不是我的风格。
Also not my vibe.
因为鬼魂必须读完每一个字。
Because the Haint just has to read every single word.
他们会停下来,必须读完这些纸张上的每一个字。
They will stop and have to read every single word in these papers.
所以纸张越多越好。
So the more papers, the better.
好的。
Okay.
他们将永远无法抓到你,总数会累积起来,他们就会被驱逐。
They will never be able to get you, the sum will come up and they'll be banished.
太棒了,再见。
Awesome, bye.
你也可以在屋外撒些沙子、大米或放把扫帚,因为鬼魂会不得不数清每一粒沙子或大米,还得数扫帚上的每一根鬃毛。
You can also leave sand, rice, or a broom outside your home, because the haint will have to count every grain of sand or rice, and they will have to count every bristle on the broom.
他们很容易被搞糊涂,所以会不得不反复重头开始数。
And they get confused really easily, so they'll have to start over a bunch of times.
你放出来让他们数的东西越多越好。
The more things you can leave out for them to count, the better.
好的。
Alright.
你也可以把门廊的天花板或地板漆成蓝色。
You can also paint your porch ceiling or floor paint blue.
哦,因为这会让它们以为是水,而水是它们无法穿越的。
Oh, Because it makes them think that it's water and that's something they can't go past.
这不是很有趣吗?
Isn't that interesting?
确实很有趣。
That is interesting.
而且你现在还能看到这样的门廊,尤其是在南方。
And those you will still find porches, especially in the South.
是的。
Yeah.
就像在卡罗来纳州那些地方,你会发现很多门廊都涂着那种蓝色。
It's like in the Carolinas and stuff, you'll find a ton of porches have that blue.
我几年前就发现这个了。
I found that out a couple years ago.
我认识一个人,他家的门廊屋顶就是蓝色的。
I knew somebody who had like a blue roof on their porch.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
是啊。
Yeah.
现在这让我们回到铁器和Foo档案的话题上。
Now this brings us back to iron and the Foo Files.
没错。
Yes.
它们无法穿越铁器,所以有时你可以用埋在地下的铁器来迷惑它们。
They can't pass iron so you can sometimes what trick them with whatever you have to put in the ground.
它们至少会停下来思考一下,这样你就能趁机脱身。
They will at least pause to think it over and you can get out of there.
羽衣甘蓝算吗?
Will kale count?
羽衣甘蓝。
Kale.
就是这样。
There you go.
富含铁质。
Iron rich.
富含铁的羽衣甘蓝。
Iron rich kale.
是啊。
Yeah.
但显然它们也能进入你的家,这太可怕了。
So apparently, they can also enter your home though, which is terrifying.
不了,谢谢。
No, thanks.
我能给他们一些东西数吗?
Can I give them something to count?
可以的。
You can.
有种说法是,Le Fou Fouleh特别喜欢恐吓小孩,尤其是婴儿。
So there's a thought that Le Fou Fouleh really love to terrorize children, particularly infants.
是啊。
Yeah.
看吧,这就是为什么我觉得他们不是婴儿。
See, don't that's why I don't think they're babies.
没错。
Yeah.
他们真混蛋。
They're dicks.
所以如果你的宝宝醒来时脸颊红润,人们认为是Foo Foo Lay晚上潜入你家偷走了婴儿的一些气息。
So if your baby wakes up with rosy cheeks, it's thought that the Foo Foo Lay came into your home at night and stole some of your infant's breath.
这就是为什么他们的脸颊会有点红润。
And that's why their cheeks are a little rosy.
不仅仅是因为他们睡觉时体温高吗?
Not just that they're a warm sleeper?
不是。
No.
Foo Foo Lay。
Foo Foo Lay.
所以为了确保这种情况不再发生或根本不会发生,确实是的。
So in order to make sure that doesn't happen again or happen at all, really Yes.
是的。
Yes.
建议你在育婴室的地板上撒些芥菜籽。
It suggested that you scatter mustard seeds on the floor of the nursery.
因为Fouffle会停下来数它们。
Because again, the Fouffle will stop to count them all.
最终,太阳会升起,它们又会被驱逐一天。
And eventually, the sun will rise and they will be banished another day.
好的。
Okay.
当然,现在你育婴室的地板上到处都是芥菜籽。
Of course, you now have mustard seeds all over the floor of your nursery.
不过嘿,你的宝宝还有氧气。
But hey, your baby still has oxygen.
所以在我看来这是个不错的权衡。
So that is that's a good toss-up in my book.
虽然芥菜籽看起来确实有点像窒息危险物。
Although like mustard seeds do kind of seem like they would be a choking hazard.
呃,你的宝宝在婴儿床里呢。
So Well, your baby's in the crib.
是啊。
Yeah.
宝宝能
Can Baby's
爬不出婴儿床的。
not getting out of the crib.
它不是
It's not as
婴儿。
an infant.
不是婴儿。
Not as an infant.
这像是婴儿。
This is like infant.
婴儿期。
Infancy.
这不是学步儿童。
This isn't toddler.
这就像是婴儿阶段。
Like, this is infant.
所以他们被裹在襁褓里。
So they're swaddled.
就像,你在里面放了个襁褓。
Like, you got a swaddler in there.
超爱那些裹在襁褓里的小宝宝。
Love the little swaddled baby.
襁褓中的宝宝软乎乎的。
Swaddle baby mushies.
我感觉
I feel
我好像都能闻到那个味道。
like I could just, like, smell that.
我知道。
I know.
就像能闻到襁褓中小宝宝的味道。
Like, smell a little swaddled babe.
不。
No.
那些对我来说都很有趣。
Those were that was all interesting to me.
但在搜索这些信息时,我不断遇到类似的东西,真的想做一整期节目专门讲这类事物,因为它们实在太有意思了。
But then while searching for information about these things, I kept coming across, like, things like it that were like really I want to do like a whole episode, I swear, on these kind of things because they're just very interesting.
而且我发现世界各地都有类似的现象。
And I kept finding them from all over the world.
比如苏格兰的鬼火(Will O' The Wisps),我稍后会讲到。
And there are the Will O' The Wisps in Scotland, which I'm going to talk about in a second.
这些是我从小就知道的,妈妈以前常提起。
But those are the ones I knew about growing up, like Ma used to talk about them.
还有个我没听说过的来自丹麦的传说。
And then one I hadn't heard of is from Denmark.
它们真的被称为杰克灯笼。
And they are literally called the jack o lanterns.
但它们不是南瓜。
But they're not pumpkins.
好吧。
Okay.
它们也是光。
They are lights as well.
据说在丹麦。
And they're said to and this is Denmark.
它们被称为不义之人的灵魂。
They're said to be spirits of unrighteous men.
你是正义的吗?
Are you righteous?
不是。
No.
其实我就是个杰克灯笼。
I'm a jack o lantern, actually.
这些不义之人之所以回来,是因为他们被从另一个领域踢出来,遣返人间。
Now these unrighteous men come back because they were kicked out of the other realm and sent back to Earth.
他们的目标是引诱旅人偏离道路,将他们引入沼泽湿地,使其孤独溺亡。
They make it their goal to lure travelers off their paths and lead them into bogs and marshes and swamps so that they drown alone.
还有,如果你看到一个,千万别用手指它。
Also, don't you dare point at one if you see it.
如果你指了它们,无论何时它们都能看见你在指,并且会找上你。
If you point at one, they will always see you pointing at them no matter what, and they will seek you out.
可你现在就在指啊。
Well, you are pointing right now.
所以我建议你停下。
So I suggest you stop.
我正指着你呢。
I'm pointing right at you.
好吧,有三根手指正指着你呢。
Well, there's three fingers pointing right back at you.
哦,那可真好笑。
Oh, that's funny.
不。
No.
这是同样的概念,但这次变成了不义之人。
It's the same concept, but this time it's grown unrighteous men.
而阻止他们的方法不是用铁器,而是把你的帽子反着戴。
And the way to stop them is not with iron, but by turning your cap inside out.
如果我没有帽子怎么办?
What if I don't have a cap?
让我觉得好笑的是,基本上只要把帽子反戴就能赶跑这些混蛋。
Well, what's funny to me is like, so basically a rally cap will send these assholes packing.
没错。
Yeah.
你还记得吗?
Do you remember?
她在摇头。
She's shaking her head.
她当时的反应简直就像是在说‘我已经...’
She literally was like I was like, already,
我不记得了。
I don't remember.
就像打棒球或垒球时,逆转帽是你表现不佳时把帽子反戴,因为你是在试图召唤逆转局势的能量。
Playing like baseball or softball, a rally cap was like you you put your head inside out when you're not doing great because you're you're aiming for you're manifesting a rally.
你还记得我是垒球队里那个说服所有人做同款发带的女孩吗?后来我们连着两场比赛都戴着,结果垒球教练们因此特别不喜欢我?
Do you remember that I was the girl on the softball team who convinced everybody to make matching bows and then we all wore those two games and then the softball coaches really didn't like me for that?
我确实记得这事。
I do remember that.
不客气。
You're welcome.
但垒球,要玩出时尚感。
But softball, but make it fashion.
还是觉得很好笑,反戴帽子居然能祈求逆转胜。
It's still funny that like a rally cap is like a turned inside out cap to manifest a rally.
好吧。
Okay.
你需要一个。
You need one.
这样就能把南瓜灯赶走,
And that will send the Jack o Lanterns gone,
比如打包。
like packing.
还有什么我能做的吗?
Is there anything else I can do?
或者这就是我唯一能做的了。
Or that's my only That's it.
我能找到的就这些了。
That's all I could find.
所以如果你没有帽子,我想你只能自认倒霉了。
So if you don't have a cap, I guess you're shit out of luck.
好吧,真倒霉。
Well, shit.
不过那太棒了。
But that's awesome.
现在回到《精灵之火》的话题,因为我真的很喜欢那些故事。
Now back to the Will of the Wisps because those I just love those.
妈妈讲过这些吗?
Ma talks about these?
我记得爸爸给我讲过关于精灵之火的故事,因为它们来自苏格兰。
Mom and dad I remember dad telling me a story about the Will of the Wisps because they are from Scotland.
我从没听他们提起过这些。
I never heard them talk about these.
现在我感兴趣了。
Now I'm interested.
这可能是我所知道的与Le Fouffle最接近的东西了。
It's probably the closest thing I knew to Le Fouffle.
好吧。
Okay.
它们起源于苏格兰,基本上是同样的概念。
They originate in Scotland and they're kind of the same idea.
它们是会误导人们走向灭亡的精灵之光。
They're fairy lights that lead people astray to their demise.
我记得它们有时被称为Ignis Fotis。
And they are sometimes referred to as Ignis Fotis, I believe.
我可能念错了。
I'm probably saying that wrong.
但这是拉丁语。
But it's Latin.
这是拉丁语
And it's Latin
只是别说
for Just don't say
出来。
it though.
我正想说,我不会说这个词可能是件好事。
I was just gonna say it's probably good that I can't say that.
所以这真的很棒。
So that's really great.
在拉丁语中是'愚蠢之火'的意思。
It's Latin for foolish fire.
啊。
Ah.
这很合理。
And it makes sense.
确实就是这么回事。
That's exactly what it is.
所以旅行者或任何疲惫的旅人看到沼泽或湿地上有看似灯笼或蜡烛闪烁的火焰时,会不由自主地跟上去。
So travelers or just any weary victim would see what looked like a flickering flame of a lantern or a candle over the moors or bogs or marshland, they would feel compelled to follow it.
有时它还会给人一种有人需要帮助的错觉。
And sometimes it gave the impression of someone needing help.
哦。
Oh.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像是利用了人们乐于助人的心理。
So like, praise on people's like need to help others.
哦,对。
Oh, right.
或者只是你觉得必须去查看一下,像是发现了什么有趣的东西。
Or something you just needed to go and check out, like something interesting.
这些小光点非常活泼好动。
They were like and these little lights are very, like, playful.
起初它们就像仙女灯一样。
They're like fairy lights in in at first.
它们蹦蹦跳跳,真的很吸引人。
They bounce and jump and like really invite you.
它们好像在说:快来看看我。
They're like, check me out.
它们就像在说:姐妹,咱们走吧。
They're like, girl, let's go.
靠。
Damn.
我再也不会用同样的眼光看
I'm never gonna look at
萤火虫了
a firefly the same
在'不'之后
after No.
那确实。
That's truly.
现在这些'精灵之井'是不祥之兆。
Now, these, the Well of the Wisps are bad omen.
看到一只可能意味着你或你认识的人即将死去。
And seeing one can mean you or someone you know is about to die.
哦,该死。
Oh, shit.
是啊。
Yeah.
还有传说它们可能会引导人遇见精灵,这可能
And they're also said to possibly lead someone to maybe see Fae, which can be
哦。
Oh.
或者说,是的。
Or yeah.
你最好不要招惹精灵。
You don't wanna fuck with Fae.
不,绝对不要。
No, you do not.
它们还会把你引向小妖精。
They also will lead you to leprechauns.
所以这在我看来纯属胡扯。
So that seems like bullshit to me.
但那更多是爱尔兰版本的说法。
But that because that's more in like the, like the Irish version of things.
没错。
Yep.
不过这里还提到,在苏格兰你可能会发现宝藏,有点类似埋藏财宝的传说。
But there's like a little buried treasure bit here too that in Scotland, it says like you could find treasure too.
所以我能在小妖精那儿找到宝藏。
So I can find treasure up with like leprechauns.
或者你可能会死。
Or you could die.
实话。
Truth.
所以这真是个五五开的概率,是啊。
So it's a real it's a real fifty fifty Yeah.
最初真正吸引我的是'精灵之火'的起源故事。
Now, it's the origin of Will of the Wisps that really interested me at first.
这就像个有趣的故事。
It's a just like an interesting story.
传说中,有个叫威廉的人是个混蛋。
Apparently, the legend says that there was a man named Willem who was an asshole.
威廉?
Willem?
威廉。
Willem.
就是这样。
There you go.
他生前做了各种坏事。
He did all sorts of bad things while he was alive.
当他该离开人世时,去珍珠门见了圣彼得,他的人生影片在眼前播放,结果是个烂片。
And when it was time for him to shuffle off this mortal coil, he went to meet Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates and his the film of his life rolls before him, and it was a flop.
这部片子糟透了。
This film sucks.
影评人讨厌它。
Critics hated it.
烂番茄最多给了10%的评分。
Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 10% at best.
Letterbox上的评分更差。
The Letterbox score was even worse.
答案就是不行。
It was just No.
于是圣彼得说,老兄,就凭你这分数我们不能让你进来。
So Saint Peter was like, my guy, we can't let you in with those kind of numbers.
你不能进来
You can't come in
这里。
here.
好吧,真该死。
Well, shit.
我当时就说,
I was like,
你得重来一次,威廉。
you have to try this shit again, William.
然后他说,你得重新做人(Willem)。
Well, he was like, you gotta Willem.
实际上,有William和Willem两种不同来源的说法,但我选了Willem。
It's actually, it is William and Willem and different sources you see, but I'll I got Willem.
找个能两全其美的男孩。
Get you a boy who could do both.
没错。
Exactly.
于是他把Willem送回地球再试一次。
So he sent Willem back to Earth to give it another try.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
所以你最好他妈的表现好点,先生。
So you better shape the fuck up, sir.
这白痴又搞砸了。
This idiot fucked it up again.
我打赌他肯定搞砸了。
I bet he did.
事实上,他这次甚至更糟糕。
In fact, he was even worse this time around.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
圣。
St.
彼得没有
Peter didn't
说像是,滚出去当
say was like, get out when
他
he
搞砸了。
Get came fucked.
他把他赶了出去,不是送回地球,而是连那个地方也把他驱逐了。
He kicked him out, not back to Earth, but banished him from the other place too.
于是他就在炼狱里游荡,魔鬼出现了。
So he was walking around purgatory and the devil shows up.
魔鬼说,嘿。
He said, hey.
魔鬼还说,哇,你可真可怜。
And the devil was like, wow, you're pathetic.
然后给了他一块燃烧的硫磺石,说,拿着,这儿他妈的真冷。
And he gave him a burning piece of brimstone and he was like, here, it's fucking cold in here.
拿着这个。
Hold that.
魔鬼说,炼狱里很冷。
As the He devil was like, it's cold in purgatory.
给你些该死的燃烧硫磺石拿着。
Here's some fucking fiery brimstone to hold on to.
希望它能让你暖和点。
Like, hope it keeps you warm.
我喜欢这种‘就这样帮你一把’的感觉。
I love that was like, help you out like that.
嗯,他把东西给了他,然后说‘别当个混蛋’。
Well, he gave it to him and he was like, don't be a dick.
然后他就直接走了。
And then he just left.
就像‘给,一块燃烧的石头’。
Like, here's some fiery rock.
试着在炼狱里闯出点名堂吧。
Try to make something of yourself in purgatory.
我想知道魔鬼在炼狱里干什么。
I wanna know what the devil was doing in purgatory.
呃,威尔,我
Well, Will, I
觉得他可能就是偶尔去那里转转,然后问‘大家过得怎么样?’
think he's just he probably, like, toots in there a little bit and he's like, how's everybody doing?
他可能在里面就是个混蛋。
Like, he's probably just a dick in there.
你们
Do you
大家在TikTok上关注撒旦了吗?
guys follow Satan on TikTok?
天啊,因为你们真该关注。
Oh my Because you should.
在TikTok上关注撒旦。
Follow Satan on TikTok.
我知道他的真实身份,但我不会剧透,太搞笑了。
I know his true identity, but I won't spoil Hilarious.
这真是
It's so
你必须关注它。
You gotta follow it.
但他基本上说了,别当个混蛋。
But he basically said, don't be a dick.
来点劲爆的摇滚乐。
Here's some fiery rock.
比如,做点什么。
Like, do something.
去做吧
Do it
就像威尔那样。
like will with that.
但威尔把这当作向世界实施苦涩报复的机会,这可能正是魔鬼的计划。
But Will took this as an opportunity to enact his bitter revenge on the world, which might have been the devil's plan all along.
因为他知道威廉姆是个混蛋。
Because he knew that Willem was a dick.
这是设好的局。
It's set up.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。