本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
面向所有人。
For everyone.
78亿人口对应1亿家公司,为地球上所有拥有财富或领取薪水的人服务。
7,800,000,000 people for a 100,000,000 companies, for everyone with money on earth, or everyone that earns a salary on earth.
这就是本播客的核心思想。
This is the big idea of the podcast.
你得...是啊。
You have to Yeah.
大家好,最近怎么样?
What's up, everybody?
今天我们请到了特别嘉宾——迈克尔·塞勒。
We got a special guest in the house, Michael Saylor.
那个...你在YouTube上听过他们给你起的绰号吗?
The, have you heard the nickname they give you on YouTube?
就是那个'终极猛男'?
The Gigachad?
你见过这个称呼吗?
Have you seen this one?
我可能听过一两次
I might have heard it once or
两次吧。
twice.
所以
So
迈克尔,你先请,肖恩。
Michael, go ahead, Sean.
我本来想问你呢,山姆。
I was gonna ask you, Sam.
你听说过他们给迈克尔·塞勒起的那个绰号吗?
Have you heard this nickname that they gave that they gave Michael Saylor?
加密货币是
The crypto is
一个不
a No.
但加密货币社区,你知道的,总是给个绰号又收回去。
But the crypto community, you know, sort of give it and take it away.
他们既极度热情忠诚,但在网上又特别疯狂。
You know, they are extremely passionate and devoted, but they are also, you know, just nuts online.
比如我的推特通知现在根本没法看了。
Like, my Twitter mentions are unusable now.
我敢说迈克尔的也一样,就因为那群人,不过他们也挺有趣的。
I'm sure Michael's are the same just because of that group, but they are funny also.
所以他们给他起了个'究极猛男'的绰号,因为他可能是通过微策略公司大规模采用比特币的最具公信力的资深人士,真正推动了机构对比特币的接纳。
So they nicknamed him the Gigachad because he is sort of like, you know, probably the most credible, established person and company with MicroStrategy to adopt Bitcoin in a major, major way and really is driving the kind of institutional pickup of it.
如果你从没听说过迈克尔·塞勒,那么听下去的理由是:他是个很有意思的人,职业生涯非常精彩,但如今最出名的是用他的微策略公司购买了价值约20亿美元的比特币,或者说他们持有价值20亿美元的比特币,具体投入了多少来着?
So if you're listening to this, you never heard of Michael Saylor, the reason to listen to this is pretty interesting guy, had a really interesting career, but most notably most known now for basically using his company MicroStrategy and buying about 2,000,000,000 worth of Bitcoin, or they own $2,000,000,000 worth of Bitcoin, bought about, I don't know, how much you guys put in?
五亿还是十亿?
Half a billion or a billion?
不是。
No.
我们购买了价值22亿美元的比特币。
We we bought 2,200,000,000.0 worth of Bitcoin.
我们持有略超50亿美元价值的比特币,具体取决于当天的行情。
We own about five a bit more than 5,000,000,000 depending upon the day.
哇。
Wow.
超过50亿的比特币。
More than 5,000,000,000 in Bitcoin.
好的。
Okay.
明白了。
Alright.
你你你背后有艘船,不是每个人都能看到这个。
You you you have a not everyone's gonna be able to see this, but you have a ship behind you.
没错。
Right.
像是巨大的...那是什么?
Like like a huge what what is that?
这是一件古董手工模型,十九世纪制作的十七世纪大帆船模型。
It's an antique handmade model, a a nineteenth century model of a seventeenth century galleon.
我想应该是阿姆斯特丹号,一艘十七世纪从阿姆斯特丹启航的大帆船。
Like, I think a model to Amsterdam, a galleon that sailed out of Amsterdam in the seventeenth century.
它是十九世纪制作的。
And it was, it was made in the nineteenth century.
所以这是件非常有趣的藏品。
So it's a very interesting piece.
你是...你是汽车爱好者吗?
Are you, are you a car guy?
我有不少车,但不是。
I have a bunch of cars, but no.
我不是汽车爱好者。
I'm not a car guy.
你拥有的最酷的一辆是什么?
What's the coolest one you have?
我 我 我偏爱SUV。
I I I lean toward SUVs.
我有好几辆SUV。
I have a bunch of SUVs.
我 我 我曾经有一辆雷克萨斯敞篷车,我过去很爱它,经常开它,但 我 我现在真的不怎么开车了。
I had a had a a Lexus convertible that I used to love, that I drove a lot, but I I don't really drive a lot.
所以你可以给 你可以给Sam打个分。
So you can give you can give Sam a grade.
Sam刚卖掉公司,赚了一大笔钱,他买了什么?
Sam just sold his company, came into a bunch of money, and he bought what?
你买了什么,Sam?
What did you buy, Sam?
好吧。
Okay.
我这个周末一直在开它,结果一直被嘲笑。
So I was driving it all this weekend, and I've been getting made fun of.
真不敢相信人们都在嘲笑我。
I can't believe people are making fun of me.
你知道AMG旅行车是什么吗?
Do you know what an AMG station wagon is?
就是奔驰AMG那种?
Like a Mercedes AMG?
我能想象。
I can imagine.
好吧。
Okay.
所以基本上,奔驰这个品牌大家都知道。
So, basically, there's Mercedes, which is everyone knows Mercedes.
然后是AMG,它就像个子公司,他们基本上就是把赛车引擎装进普通轿车里。
And then there's AMG, which is like a subsidiary, and they basically put race car engines into cars.
我就买了这车。
And I bought this.
但跑车和酷车的通病就是它们大多超级不实用。
But the problem about fast cars and cool cars is that they're, like, super unpractical mostly.
我想要的是那种开起来带劲又好玩的车,但同时还得实用些。
And but I wanted something that was, like, kind of fast and fun to drive, but I wanted it be more practical.
有种车型叫AMG E63旅行版。
And there's this thing called an AMG e 63 wagon.
是辆旅行车。
It's a station wagon.
看着像妈妈车,但后备箱能塞下你的狗,有五座,零百加速只要三秒。
It looks like a mom car, except you can put your dog in the back, and it has five seats, and it but it still goes zero to 60 in three seconds.
所以我买了辆高性能旅行车。
So I bought a souped up station wagon.
可以说是路上最快的车之一,但偏偏是旅行车的造型。
Like, the one of the fastest cars on the road, but it's a station wagon.
这就是我现在开的车。
That's my that's currently what I'm driving right now.
适合你就好。
Works for you.
我本来想找个懂行的聊聊,但看来我猜错了——不知为啥我以为你是车迷。
Well, I was looking for someone to geek out on it, but I guess that you're you're I would've I for some reason, I pegged you as a car guy, but I guess I'm wrong.
比起汽车,我更喜欢船和飞机。
I'm more into boats and planes than cars.
你说喜欢飞机是什么意思?具体指什么?
What do you what what what does that mean if you're into planes?
嗯,我喜欢飞机是因为如果一架飞机能达到8.9马赫或8.5马赫,你就可以合法地以那种速度飞行。
Well, I like I like aircraft because if an aircraft can go Mach eight nine or Mach eight five, you're allowed to legally fly it that fast.
哪里
Where
什么是八马赫?
What is Mach eight?
相当于每小时2000英里?
Like 2,000 miles an hour?
不是。
No.
8.5马赫大约是500节,或者类似的速度。
Mach eight five, like 500 knots, like or something like that.
关键是飞机可以在空中全速飞行,游艇或船只也能在水面上全速航行。
So the point is, like, airplanes can fly at their full speed and and yachts or boats can go at their full speed over the water.
但一辆能跑160英里每小时的汽车,你很少能合法地开到那种速度。
But, an automobile that could go a 160 miles an hour, you don't very often get to do that legally.
所以我喜欢那些能让你合法且安全地在其设计极限内操作的交通工具。
So so I like vehicles that you can operate at their design point legally and safely.
那你有哪些飞机?
Well, what planes do you have?
作为工程师的感受。
Feeling as an engineer.
我有一架环球快车XRS。
I have a Global Express XRS.
太他妈棒了。
Fucking a.
在我们深入比特币话题之前——因为肖恩这一年来经常提起你,他一直在关注微策略公司那些事。
Before we get into Bitcoin stuff and because Sean's been talking about you for, like, a year now because he was following a micro strategy and and all that.
但你拥有大量域名。
But you own a a ton of domain names.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我买了很多。
I bought a bunch.
比如,你现在拥有多少个?
Like, how many do you own now?
或者说有多少
Or how many
你不会去数所有的,我是说,我有成百上千个,但那些顶级主要域名大约有16个,就像英语中人人都懂的单词。
have I you won't count all I mean, I own hundreds and hundreds, but the ones that are are top level primary domain names, about 16, like words in the English language that everybody understands.
比如我拥有Emma、Frank。
Like I own Emma, Frank.
我拥有自己的名字。
I own my own name.
我拥有michael.com。
I own michael.com.
我还拥有我的昵称,mike.com。
I also own my nickname, mike.com.
所以我的个人网站就放在michael.com上。
So like my personal website, I've got it on michael.com.
你只需输入michael.com。
You just type michael.com.
就能看到关于我的一切信息。
You see all the stuff about me.
希望?
Hope?
是的,山姆。
Yes, Sam.
访问hope.com。
Go to hope.com.
看看会带你去哪里。
See where that takes you.
访问hope.com。
Go to hope.com.
是啊。
Yeah.
其实,比特币就是希望。
Well, actually, Bitcoin is hope.
所以如果你输入hope.com,就能了解关于比特币的一切。
So if you type hope.com, you'll get everything there is to know about Bitcoin.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
因为我实际上把hope重定向到了我们所有的比特币资源和材料上。
Because I actually repath hope to all of our Bitcoin resources and materials.
各位,我曾拥有voice.com,几年前以3000万美元的价格卖掉了它。
Speaker, I owned voice.com and I sold it for $30,000,000 a couple of years ago.
这是域名史上最大的一笔裸域名交易。
That's the largest naked domain sale in the history of domains.
故事的简短版本。
The short version of that story.
这个故事有点疯狂。
The story is kind of crazy.
我之前听过一次,但我猜Sam和大多数人应该没听过sellingvoice.com的故事。
I've heard it once before, but I would assume Sam and most people have not heard the story of sellingvoice.com.
你在互联网早期就买下了这些域名。
You bought all these early on in the web.
你当时就意识到,哦,拥有这些名字可能会很有价值。
You kind of recognized, oh, these are probably going to be valuable to own these names.
要知道,每个这样的域名都只有一个所有者。
There's only one, you know, there's only one owner of each of these names.
你持有它们很长时间,超过十年之久。
You own it and you hold it for a really long time, like over a decade.
后来某天你决定,好吧,也许该看看有没有人想买其中一些。
And at some point you decide, okay, maybe we should see if somebody wants to buy some of these.
所以简单讲讲sellingvoice.com的故事吧。
So tell the story of sellingvoice.com real quick.
是这样,我买这些域名是因为我觉得拥有英语语言的一部分不是很棒吗?
Well, you know, I bought all these domains because I thought wouldn't it be great to own a part of the English language?
比如拥有'希望'或'声音'这样的词。
I mean, owning hope or owning voice.
我想着最终会出现Google Voice或者某家电信公司想推出服务,而像voice.com这样的域名会是绝佳的发布平台。
I mean, eventually there'll be a Google voice or there'll be, you know, some some telco company that'll wanna launch some service and what a great domain on to launch on the on a word like voice.com.
所以我们持有了很长时间。
So we held them a long time.
我记得后来我们在寻找合资机会。
And I think at some point we were looking for joint ventures.
我们想把这些域名商业化。
We were looking to commercialize them.
而且确实成功商业化了一批。
And we did commercialize a bunch.
例如,我创建了一家名为alarm.com的公司。
For example, I created a company called alarm.com.
现在alarm.com已在纳斯达克公开上市。
And alarm.com is now publicly traded on NASDAQ.
它的市值大约在40到50亿美元之间。
It's like 4 or $5,000,000,000 market cap company.
你可以猜猜它是做什么的。
And and you can guess what it does.
它实际上是将家庭报警系统接入互联网。
It actually integrates your home alarm into the Internet.
明白吗?
You know?
我还创建了另一家公司叫angel.com,后来我们以略高于1亿美元的价格出售了它。
And I created another company called angel.com, and we saw that for a bit more than a $100,000,000.
那其实是一个语音交互响应系统,类似于Siri或Alexa出现前的技术。
And that was actually a speech interactive voice response like Suri or Alexa before Suri and Alexa came on.
当时我们已经掌握了语音技术,正在寻找合适的商业化途径,突然有个域名经纪人主动联系我们。
And, so I had voice and I was holding it and we're looking for some kind of good commercialization and someone out of the blue, they contacted us, one of the domain brokers.
他们问,你们考虑出售吗?
And they said, well, you want to sell it?
我们可以出价15万美元。
We'll give you 150,000.
当时的情况是,有人突然来报价15万美元。
Was like, someone came to me and said, offer 150,000.
我说,不卖。
I said, no.
我根本没当回事,因为我看不出这有什么意义。
So I thought nothing of it because I just, I couldn't see the point.
一周后他们过来,说他们把价格翻倍到了30万。
A week later they come by and said, well, they doubled it to 300,000.
我说,告诉他们不行。
I said, tell them no.
几天后他们又说,经纪人非常坚持。
So a couple days later they go, well, the broker's really insistent.
于是他们把价格提到了60万。
And so they went to 600,000.
我说,不行。
I said, no.
他们问,那你觉得该怎么说?
So they said, well, what should you say?
我说,什么都别说。
I said, don't tell anything.
就告诉他们,我们不感兴趣。
Tell them, you know, like, we're not interested.
必须得是认真的出价才行。
It's gotta be something serious.
于是他们把价格提到了120万。
So they they went to 1,200,000.0.
我说,告诉他们,不行。
I said, tell them, no.
我说,他们想知道你的心理价位。
I said, well, they want to know what you want for it.
我说,给他们发个便条之类的说明白。
I said, well, send them a note or something and just tell them.
说这是英语语言中的'声音'这个词,对吧?
Said, it's it's the word voice in the English language, right?
所以这个数字得超过...我也不确定具体多少。
So it's gonna have to be something north of, I don't know.
我不记得是否说了七八位数,但我确实说了是一大笔钱。
I don't think I said seven or eight figures, but I just said a lot of money.
就这样继续着,他们又把价格翻倍到了250万。
And so it went on and they doubled again to 2 and a half million.
然后涨到500万,再到大约1000万。
And then, 5,000,000 and then around 10,000,000.
接着他们说我的办公室里有18个人。
Then they said I had like 18 people in my office.
他们说的是——不是8个,是有8个人盯着我看,好像在问'你不打算接受这笔钱吗?'
They're like, not eight, but eight people that are looking at me like, aren't you, are you going to take the money?
现在这已经是很大一笔钱了。
It's like a lot of money now.
我说:'不,让他们回去。'
I said, no, send them back.
这时候应该给他们回个信,说明这个词就像英语里的'voice',对合适的公司来说值十亿。
At this point, send them back a note pointing out that this is like the word voice in the English language and it's worth a billion dollars to the right company.
然后他们问:'那你们准备给他们答复吗?'
And, they said, well, are gonna give them a response?
我说:'好吧。'
I said, okay.
汤姆,3000万。
Tom, 30,000,000.
汤姆,我愿意以3000万成交。
Tom, I'll take 30,000,000 for it.
因为我当时想,如果我不给个具体数字,他们可能在五次拒绝后就停止谈判了。
Because I thought, like, if I didn't give them some number, they would stop negotiating after, you know, five nos.
所以我说,汤姆,30人。
So I said, Tom, 30 man.
我不想以3000万的价格卖掉它。
I don't want to sell it for 30,000,000.
我想以1亿或更高的价格出售,但我想我会说3000万。
I want to sell it for a 100,000,000 or more, but I guess I'll say 30,000,000.
那时他们说,嗯,你知道,他们给你报价,我想他们把报价提高到了1200万左右。
So at that point they said, well, you know, they offered you, I think they upped their offer to like 12,000,000.
我说,告诉他们,不行,但如果你愿意,我可以和他们开个会。
I said, Tell them, No, but if you want, I'll take a meeting with them.
所以当报价到1200万时,我说我可以花半小时通个电话。
So when it got to 12,000,000, I said I'd get on the phone for half an hour.
然后我们通了电话,一开始有人说,嗯,2200万怎么样?
So then we got on the phone and the call started with someone saying, Well, how about 22,000,000?
我说,让我解释一下。
And I said, Let me explain.
这就像我的女儿一样。
This is like my daughter.
就像我愿意,我愿意把她嫁出去,但只嫁给一个比我更重视她的人。
Like I'm willing to, I'm willing to like marry her off, but only to a man that values her more than I value her.
所以我给这个域名的估值是3000万。
So I value this domain, you know, at 30,000,000.
所以如果你不想给我3000万,你知道,我卖掉后肯定会后悔。
And so if you don't want to give me the 30, you know, I'm going to regret after I sell it anyway.
我会感到卖家懊悔,但为了开拓市场我会这么做。
I'll have sellers remorse, but I would I would do it just to make the market.
但如果你不想以3000万估值,那我就留着它。
But if you don't wanna value it at 30, I'll just keep it.
我当时就想,好吧。
And I'm like, okay.
我们会给你30。
We'll give you 30.
我说,好吧。
I said, okay.
所以你从100公里中拿到了30。
So 30 you went you got a 30 from a 100 k.
他们这样重复了七八次,最后我记得是从150公里开始的。
So they did, like, double seven or eight times, and I eventually they started a 150 k, I think.
我们结束时我说30,最终以30结束。
And we ended it and I said 30, we ended it 30.
但关键在于,我其实并不需要那笔钱。
But but the point was, I didn't really need the money.
问题是,当时我银行里大概有6亿现金,而微策略公司是一家价值数十亿的企业。
It was a matter like, if I had at the point, maybe 600,000,000 in cash in the bank and the company the micro strategy was is a multibillion dollar company.
所以对我来说,一百万根本不算什么。
So I was like, a million is not gonna move the needle for me.
十万对我来说无关紧要。
A 100,000 is not gonna move the needle for me.
五千万也不会对我产生任何影响。
5 10,000,000 is not gonna move the needle one way or the other.
所以除非是实质性的事情,否则做这个毫无意义。
So there's no point in doing it unless it was something material.
你办公室里那八个人,他们是你的同事吗?
Were you like, you know, the eight people in your office, were were they like your coworkers?
我是说,那个
I mean, the
业务发展部,那些想从交易中抽成的人。
Business development, the people that wanted the commission on the deal.
懂吗?
You know?
就是,怎么说呢,大多数情况下,就像,这
So, like, any any most Like, it's
是笔大生意。
big deal.
对吧?
Right?
他们想做这笔交易,而你要拿到3000万的唯一方式,就是拒绝2200万。
They wanna, like, do the deal, and the only way you get 30,000,000 is to, like, say no to 22,000,000.
对吧?
Right?
而且这
And that's
其实吧,大多数理性的人——你能有今天的地位正是因为很多人可能觉得你不理性。
Well, like, any reasonable most reasonable people, which the reason you are where you are is you're many would probably consider you not reasonable.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,你是那种极端人格类型,所以才能这么成功。
I mean, you have you're you're you're an extreme personality type, that's why you you're very successful.
但任何理性的人都会说,你是不是傻?
But any reasonable person would say, what are you, an idiot?
这玩意儿你根本没花钱。
Like, you paid nothing for this.
拿着吧。
Take it.
你以前一直都是那样吗,就像
Were you but were you always that, like
我的观点是,英语对人类来说在未来一千年里都将是重要的。
My my view on it is that the English language is gonna be important to the human race for a thousand years.
从现在起一千年后,语音可能仍然具有价值。
And in a thousand years from now, voice will probably still have value.
就像很多...这是个永远有价值的词。
Just like a lot of, like, It's a valuable word forever.
我是说,除非你把所有说英语的人都杀掉。
I mean, until you murder everyone that speaks the English language.
如果你考虑它的价值,我真正的观点是,我觉得人们花数亿美元在广告活动上推销一个拼写错误的品牌名简直是疯了。
If you think about how valuable it is, my real view is, is I think people are crazy for spending hundreds of millions of dollars on ad campaigns to market a brand that's a misspelling of a normal word.
就像,我得说服你如何推销把'Ingencian'拼写成带两个Y和一个Z的品牌,懂吗?
It's like, I gotta convince you how to sell Ingencian with like two Ys and a Z, you know?
我就想,为什么要这么做?
I'm like, why would you do that?
因为在拼写检查普及的现代,当你试图输入这些拼写错误的烂品牌名时,你的iPhone会自动纠正拼写。
Because in the modern era of spell checkers, when you try to type these crappy brands that are misspelled, know, your iPhone unspells it for you or properly spells it.
所以试试访问一个名字拼写错误的网站。
So try going to a website that's a misspelling of a name.
大多数品牌和品牌顾问,我完全不同意他们的做法。
Most brands and most brand consultants, I just disagree with them all.
他们收你一大笔钱,想出一个常见词的错误拼法,然后你再花五亿美元推广这个品牌。
They, you know, they charge you a lot of money to come up with a misspelling of a common word, and then you spend half a billion dollars marketing the brand.
更好的做法是买下'希望'、'天使'、'警报'、'提醒'或'语音'这样的词。
A much better idea would be by the word hope or angel or alarm or alert or voice.
即使你要支付1亿、2亿甚至5亿美元,因为如果我看到你的广告,你告诉我你的品牌是alert.com,我瞬间就能记住。
Even if you gotta pay a 100,000,000 or 200,000,000 or $500,000,000 because if I see your ad and you tell me that, you know, your brand is alert.com, I can remember it in one second.
我一秒钟就能拼出来。
I can spell it in one second.
你立刻跃居谷歌搜索引擎榜首。
You leap immediately to the top of the Google search engine.
所以我一直认为域名被低估了,而人们却花费数亿美元在糟糕的营销上,把用户送到一个他们拼不出也记不住的地方。
So I just, I always view domains as being undervalued and then mark people spend hundreds of millions of dollars on crappy marketing to send someone to a place they can't spell that they can't remember.
我认为世界会逐渐接受这个观点,但现在还没到那一步。
I think the world will gradually come around to that point of view, but they're not there yet.
这就是我的看法。
So that was my view.
说实话,我本来不想卖它。
Like, I didn't wanna sell it to tell you the truth.
就像如果你拥有'天使'、'闹钟'、'希望'或'声音'这些词。说实话,谷歌本应该为'声音'这个词支付十亿美元。
Like if you owned the word angel or the word alarm or the word hope or voice, Like, truth is Google should have paid a billion dollars for the word voice.
我的意思是,如果他们打算推出语音服务,这对他们来说是值得的。
I mean, if they're gonna try to launch a voice service, it's worth it to them.
最终你会看到苹果、亚马逊、脸书和谷歌只会赚越来越多的钱。
And eventually, you know, what you're gonna see is Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google are just gonna keep generating more money.
但'声音'、'希望'这类简单易拼的英语短词,都是打造品牌的绝佳选择。
But the word voice or the word hope or, you know, fill in the blank, any kind of positive, positive, easy to spell short word in the English language is gonna be an awesome place to build a brand.
所以现在看起来你拥有或曾经拥有...
And so right now, it looks like you own or you owned or or you
我现在拥有什么?
I own currently own I own what?
Strategy.com, wisdom.com, alarm.com, angel.com, aaalert.com, courage.com, mike.com, voice.com, usher.com, hope.com, speaker.com, michael.com, mike.com, sailor.org。
Strategy, wisdom.com, alarm.com, angel.com, aaalert,courage,mike.com, voice.com, usher.com, hope,speaker.com, michael,mike,sailor.org.
所以你拥有一大堆域名。
So you own a bunch of them.
是的。
Yeah.
我的观点就像是,假设我手上有20幅毕加索的画,我希望全球市场都能认可毕加索的价值。
And so and so my view is like, like trying to sell the I I got 20 Picassos and I wanted the world of market to value Picassos.
所以我以3000万美元卖出第一幅,但下一幅我想要1亿美元,或者我真心希望能有人和我一起以此打造一个价值十亿美元的事业。
So I sell the first one for 30,000,000, but the next one I want a 100,000,000 for, or I really want someone to create billion dollar business with me on that.
这才是正确的思考方式。
That's the right way to think of it.
我的意思是,换个角度想想。
And I mean, look at it this way.
地球上已经有多少人学会了说英语?
How many people have learned that have learned to speak English on Earth?
这个数字是多少?
What is that number?
20亿?
2,000,000,000?
也许吧?
Maybe?
对。
Yep.
你一生中要花多少年时间学习?
How many how many years of your life do you learn?
你花多少时间学英语?
Do you spend learning English?
普通人大概要花十年学英语,从幼儿园到十二年级,可能十二年。
I mean, typical person spends takes English ten years, like from kindergarten through twelve, maybe twelve years.
但假设我们把这个时间缩短。
But let's say that we shorten it.
20亿人每人花费四年时间,总计80亿年光阴,就为了弄明白如何拼写和输入你的品牌名称。
2,000,000,000 people spend four years of their life, and that's eight billion years of time spent figuring out how to spell and type your brand.
如果按每小时20美元计算这80亿年的价值,那就是花费1600亿美元来教会人们希望是美好的。
What's the if you value the eight billion years at $20 an hour, that's a $160,000,000,000 worth of money spent teaching people that hope is a good thing.
对吧?
Right?
这值多少钱?
What's it worth?
我是说,这到底值多少钱?
Like, what's it worth?
拥有一个全球通用、易于拼写且深植数十亿人脑海的品牌。
Like, to have a brand which is universally understood and easy to spell that's burned into the head of billions of people.
要知道,你不可能...你总不能靠打广告说服人们H-O-O-P-E是个好东西,'胡皮',这真的行不通吧。
You know, you couldn't have You're going to go and buy advertising to convince them that H O O P E is a good thing, hoopy, or is that like, not really.
所以我认为它们就是优质投资。
So I think that they're just good investments.
它们是网络空间中稀缺的房地产,永远保值。
They're scarce real estate in cyberspace and they'll always be good.
而世界低估了它们的价值。
And the world undervalues them.
但假以时日,比如当我提到alarm.com时,你能记住'alarm'这个词。
But in time, like when I tell you alarm.com, you can remember alarm.
你可以直接输入'alarm'。
You can go type alarm.
听完这期播客后,任何想了解alarm.com的人都不必在19.7万条谷歌搜索结果中翻找Sailor提到的到底是哪个。
When you get off this podcast, anybody that wants to go check out what alarm.com does, they don't have to go and like look it up and sort through 197,000 Google search pages to figure out which one is the one that Sailor was talking about.
没错。
Yep.
我朋友创办了calm.com这个冥想应用
My friend started.com, the meditation app.
他做的第一件事基本上就是先拿下这个域名
And the first thing he did was just get the domain basically.
他很早就决定要围绕平静感打造一个品牌
And he decided early on, all right, I'm going to build a brand around the feeling of being calm.
虽然最终以冥想应用的形式呈现,但他预先决定了方向并拿下那个域名,还费了不少功夫谈判才得到
And it took the form of a meditation app, but he sort of decided upfront what it was going to be and got that domain and really like had to negotiate to get it.
你知道这些域名谈判往往拖得很久,这绝对是另一个...算是这条路上的成功案例吧
And it was, you know, these domain negotiations go prolonged, definitely another, I don't know, success story of that path.
顺便说,我也会记住你刚才说的这个点子
And I'll remember it too, by the way, like what you just said, you just pitched me on an idea.
等下了播客,要是四周后有人问我那个冥想项目叫什么
I'll get off if off this podcast and if four weeks from now someone asks you, so what was that meditation business thing?
我会说calm.com
I'll be like, calm.com.
希望他们能拼写正确对吧?
Hopefully they got the right spelling of it, right?
是啊
Yeah.
不,其实有三个L
No, there's three L's.
不,我
No, I'm
开玩笑的
just joking.
就是正确的拼写
It's the right one.
好的,我们来谈谈它的运作。
All right, so let's talk about It works.
我们换个话题吧。
Let's talk about something else.
看来你在这个行业已经有一段时间了。
So you've been in the game for a while.
我想问问你担任MicroStrategy的CEO多久了?
I think you might be How long have been the CEO of MicroStrategy for what?
快三十年了吧?
Thirty years almost?
自1989年起。
Since 1989.
所以是三十一年。
So thirty one years.
我从1998年开始担任上市公司CEO。
I've been the public company CEO since 1998.
想想Sam出生于1980年,上市公司,
Think Sam was born in 1980 Publicly public company,
是啊。
Yeah.
你作为上市公司CEO的时间比我活的时间还长。
Not You've a publicly traded company or a public CEO longer than I've been a lot.
你这一路走来也经历了不少起伏。
And so and you've kind of had some ups and downs.
我看到你在查理·罗斯节目上的采访。
So I saw an interview of you on Charlie Rose.
你知道吗,你当时看起来像汤姆·克鲁斯。
You know, you were looking like Tom Cruise.
你登上查理·罗斯的节目时,正是春风得意之时。
You go on Charlie Rose and they're you're flying high.
你是个34岁的年轻人,成功带领公司上市。
You're a 34 year old guy who took the company public.
我记得当时MicroStrategy的市值高达110亿美元左右。
I think MicroStrategy was worth $11,000,000,000 or something at that point.
最棒的是,你拥有公司约半数甚至过半的股份。
And best of all, I think you own half of it or maybe a little bit more than half of the company.
所以34岁的你已是亿万富翁。
And so you're a 34 old billionaire.
但几年后,股价就经历了断崖式下跌。
And I think, you know, a few years later, the stock price crashed pretty dramatically.
不过我认为有两点特别值得关注。
But you I think there's two kind of remarkable things.
第一,我想知道身处那个位置又遭遇暴跌是什么感受。
A, I wanna hear what was it like to be in that position and then face that crash.
第二,你究竟怎么保住CEO职位的?
And then B, how the hell did you keep your job?
是因为你掌握着公司控股权吗?
Was it because you owned the controlling stake of the company?
毕竟多数CEO在股价从300多美元跌到不足50美分时都会下台。
Because most CEOs cannot survive a stock price crash from 300 something dollars a share to under 50¢ a share.
这到底是怎么回事?
How did that happen?
我认为从商够久就难免遭遇挫折,但不能让挫折击垮你的斗志,更不能因此停止思考、创新和发展。
I think if you're in business long enough, you're going to have setbacks and you can't let the setbacks crush your spirit or cause you to stop thinking and stop innovating and stop growing.
这些经历确实让人学会谦逊。
So, I mean, they're humbling.
我们多少都知道那是正确答案。
We all kind of know that's the right answer.
就像我们都知道那是正确答案的时候。
Like when we all kind of know that's the right answer.
就像,嘿,挫折难免会发生。
Like, hey, setbacks happen.
你必须振作起来。
You got to pick yourself up.
这是事实。
And that's true.
大家也都基本认同。
And everybody sort of agrees.
但当它真的发生时,你还记得那种感觉吗?
But when it does happen, what like, do you remember what that felt like?
经历这种崩溃的那天是什么样子?
What the day was when you're experiencing this crash?
当事情发生时你在想什么?
What were you thinking as it was happening?
这并不愉快。
It's not pleasant.
这并不愉快,但你知道,你必须继续前进。
It's not pleasant, but, you know, you have to move on.
对吧?
Right?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
你必须集中注意力。
You you have to focus.
你有责任在身。
You have responsibilities.
好的。
Okay.
你之前提到过一点,就是,好吧。
And you were you were talking about at one point, you're like, alright.
我在出售这个域名的时候,你是什么时候卖掉那个域名的?
When I was selling this domain when did you sell that domain name?
多少年前的事了?
How many years ago?
大概两年前吧。
Two years ago, maybe.
好的。
Okay.
所以其实也没过多久。
So not that long ago, actually.
但你当时说,嗯,我们有我有6亿美元的现金。
But you were saying, like, well, we had I had $600,000,000 in cash.
公司运营得非常好。
We the company was doing great.
为什么还要继续担任CEO呢?比特币看起来像是你仅次于MicroStrategy的第二大关注点。
Why continue staying as the CEO when it seems like you're incredibly I mean, Bitcoin seems like you're one of your main top two focuses next to MicroStrategy.
为什么不完全专注于比特币,而是继续经营这家公司呢?
Why not just focus entirely on that as opposed to continuing continuing to run this business?
首先,公司有两大战略。
Well, first of all, the the business has two strategies.
第一项战略是向客户销售商业智能软件。
And the first strategy is we sell business intelligence software to our customers.
第二项战略是收购并持有比特币。
And the second strategy is we acquire and hold Bitcoin.
这就是业务的核心。
That is the business.
明白了。
Got it.
而且如果
And if
你看看我们的成就,作为一家上市公司,我们已购入了价值2.5亿美元的比特币。
you look at what we've done, bought $250,000,000 worth of Bitcoin that we had generated as a publicly traded company.
因此若没有主营业务,我们最初就无法购入那2.5亿美元的比特币。
So without the business, we couldn't have bought the first $250,000,000 of Bitcoin.
这需要完成一系列复杂的尽职调查和披露程序。
That required an intricate set of due diligence and disclosures.
随后我们进行了荷兰式招标。
Then we did a Dutch tender offer.
本质上,这是一种股权融资方式。
Basically, it's an equity offering of sorts.
你可以这样理解。
You could think of it that way.
我们实施了反向荷兰式拍卖。
We did a reverse Dutch auction.
最终阶段,我们又购入了价值1.75亿美元的比特币。
And at the end of that point, we bought another 175,000,000 worth of Bitcoin.
这是只有上市公司才能完成的另一项操作。
And so that's another thing you have to be a public company to do.
之后我们将上市公司的现金流全部转换为比特币。
Then we swept our cash flows as a public company into Bitcoin.
我们又增购了5000万美元的比特币。
We bought 50,000,000 more Bitcoin.
而且,没有公司的话,我们根本做不到这一点。
And, without the company couldn't have done it.
接着我们进行了6.5亿美元的可转换债券发行,利率为75个基点。
Then we did a convertible debt offering for $650,000,000 of debt at 75 basis points.
如果不是上市公司,我们在购买比特币时也无法完成那次操作。
And without being a public company, we couldn't have done that one either when we bought Bitcoin.
之后价格再次上涨,我们用现金流增持了一些,又进行了10亿美元的债券发行。
And then it went up again and then we did, we bought some more with cash flow and then we did a billion dollar debt offering.
我们以0%利率完成了那笔10亿美元的可转换债券发行。
And we did that billion dollar convert offering at 0% interest.
如果不是上市公司,你根本做不到这一点。
You couldn't have done that without being a public company.
所以上市公司确实有其优势。
So there are benefits to being a public company.
上市公司具有公信力。
Public companies are credible.
它们确实是交易对手方的黄金标准,对吧?
They're really the gold standard as a counterparty, right?
我是说,全球有1亿家公司。
I mean, there's a 100,000,000 companies in the world.
在美国上市交易所挂牌的上市公司只有约4000家。
There's only about 4,000 publicly traded companies on US listed exchanges.
所以这是非常非常罕见的事情。
So it's a very, very rare thing.
你需要通过大量的合规审查。
You have to go through a huge amount of compliance.
你知道,我们要提交10-Q报表、10-K报表。
You know, we're we're filing 10 q's, 10 k's.
我们拥有大量合规架构和安全架构。
We've got a lot of, lot of, compliance architecture, security architecture.
我每个季度都要签署萨班斯法案的声明文件,明白吗?
I'm signing Sarbanes Oxley, statements, you know, every quarter, right?
我们负责《反海外腐败法》这类事务,诸如此类的责任。
We're responsible for FCPA, you know, etcetera responsibility.
这让投资者对上市公司感到放心。
So that gives investors comfort with a publicly traded company.
因此这期播客最重要的结论可能是:比特币是一个爆发性增长的资产类别。
So probably the most important thing to take away from the podcast is Bitcoin is an exploding asset class.
它是我们这代人最伟大的财政储备资产。
It's the greatest treasury reserve asset of our lifetimes.
也是解决所有企业资金管理难题的答案。
And it's the solution to every company's treasury problem.
如果你的企业拥有资本或现金流,只需调整资金管理策略,就能立即让公司价值翻倍或显著提升。
So if you have a corporation that has capital or generates cash flow, you can immediately double or improve the value of the company or dramatically enhance the value of the company simply by changing your treasury policy.
假设有一家公司
If you take a company
将现金投资比特币,你就把负债转化成了资产。
with cash and you invest in Bitcoin, you have converted a liability to an asset.
所以我通过实施比特币策略来提升公司价值。
And so I was enhancing the value of the company by pursuing the Bitcoin strategy.
它们是相辅相成、协同增效的。
They go together, they're synergistic.
为了让不了解事件全貌的听众理解,我们先梳理下背景。
So let's lay out the kind of the context for people who don't know exactly how it all played out.
因为我们的听众群体——这个月大概会有30到40万人收听。
Because I would say our audience, right, we're going get about 300, 400,000 listeners this month.
在观众中,可能有5%的人和我一样对比特币狂热,已将大部分净资产投入比特币。
And in that audience, probably 5% are as crazy about Bitcoin as me and have put like a huge chunk of their net worth into Bitcoin.
然后50%的人感到好奇,50%是新手,这么说吧,大致这样划分。
And then 50% are curious and 50% are novices, let's say, just roughly rounding things out.
为了让大家有个概念,MicroStrategy是一家市值数十亿美元的上市公司。
And so just to put it into context, MicroStrategy is this couple billion dollar public company.
它成立已久,业绩良好,主营业务是企业软件销售。
It's been around for a while, has a good track record, has a business selling enterprise software.
你们能产生大量现金。
You generate a ton of cash.
你们的业务源源不断产生现金流。
Your business spits off cash.
你们手头约有5061亿美元。
You have about $506,100,000,000.
我只是用个大概数字。
I'm just using fuzzy numbers.
具体数字不重要。
Specifics don't matter.
你们动用约5061亿美元现金。
You use about $506,100,000,000 dollars of cash.
这是你们公司的资金储备,你们在考虑如何处置它。
That's your treasury for your company, and you're looking for something to do with it.
某天你突然意识到这个资金管理难题。
And at some point, you realize you have this treasury problem.
你并不孤单。
You're not alone.
实际上,所有公司都面临这个资金管理问题,无论他们是否意识到。
Actually, all companies have this treasury problem, whether they are aware of it or not.
那么你能描述一下你遇到的资金管理问题吗?
So can you describe the treasury problem that you experienced?
你是在5亿美元的规模上遇到这个问题,但任何人,包括银行里有50万或10万美元的个人,都面临着同样的根本性问题。
You experienced it at a $500,000,000 level, but anybody, including an individual with $500,000 or $100,000 in the bank, has the same fundamental problem.
所以请解释一下你几年前或一年前看到的资金管理问题。
So explain the treasury problem as you saw it a few years ago or yeah, a year ago.
资金管理问题在于,2020年3月之后,资本成本从8%飙升至25%。
The treasury problem is that subsequent to March 2020, the cost of capital exploded from 8% to 25%.
这一点你可以从标普500指数的表现看出来,它从过去十年每年约8%的增长率跃升至次年超过25%的增长率。
And, you can see that in the performance of the S and P 500 index, which went from about 8% a year for a decade to more than 25% in that next year.
这意味着任何代表有限合伙人或其他投资者进行投资的人,都必须产生这样的资本成本,以避免财富缩水。
That means that anybody investing money on behalf of a, of a limited partner or any other investor has to generate that cost of capital in order to avoid destroying wealth.
如果你作为理财顾问在2010至2020这十年间的收益率低于8%,实际上你导致了财富缩水,因为当时最简单的选择就是买入标普指数基金。
If you generated less than a 8% yield for the decade from 2010 to 2020 as a financial advisor, you destroyed wealth because the alternative was just to buy the SPY index.
如果你在2020年3月后的收益率低于25%,同样造成了财富缩水,因为当时通过指数投资本可以获得25%甚至略高的收益——具体取决于你选择的测算时点。
If you generated less than 25% from March 2020 onward, you destroyed wealth because you could have made 25% actually a bit more depending on what day of the week you measure it or what day of the year you measure it.
你本可以通过持有指数就获得这样的收益。
You could have generated that much just by owning the index.
现在的问题是:当资本成本为零时——顺便说一句,资本成本是由货币供应量扩张驱动的。
Now, the treasury problem is that when the cost of capital is zero, by the way, the cost of capital is being driven by the expansion of the money supply.
美联储当时正以每年约5%到6%的速度扩张M2货币供应量,持续了整整十年。
The federal reserve is expanding the m two money supply by about five to 6% a year for that decade.
再加上风险溢价后,就得到了标普指数8%的回报率。
And when you tack on the risk premium, you get to your 8% s and p return.
而当美联储将M2货币供应量扩张20%到25%时,就导致了资本成本的爆炸式增长。
When the when the Federal Reserve expands the m two money supply by 20 to 25%, that's where you get that explosion in the cost of capital.
这种通胀并未体现在消费品价格上。
The inflation doesn't show up in consumer goods.
通货膨胀会立即体现在资产价格上。
The inflation immediately shows up in assets.
我们正面临资产通胀。
We have asset inflation.
央行决定刺激经济的几分钟内,所有资产价格就会暴涨。
Within minutes of when, the central bank, decides to stimulate the economy, the price of all the assets explodes.
因此全球每一家公司——无论是1亿家私营企业还是上市公司——面临的问题是:国库资金必须产生资本成本收益。
And so the problem for every company, all 100,000,000 companies in the world, every private company, every public company, the problem is you have capital in your treasury and that capital has to yield the cost of capital.
如果做不到,就是在损害股东价值。
And if it doesn't, you're destroying shareholder value.
换句话说,如果你把现金存入零利率银行账户,而你想买的东西每年涨价10%,七年后你的购买力就会减半。
Another way to say it is, if you generate cash and you put it into the bank account to pay zero interest, and if the cost of everything you want to buy goes up by 10% a year, in seven years, you'll only be able to buy half as much.
你的储蓄价值已经缩水一半。
You've lost half of the value of your savings.
当折现率或资本成本翻倍时,三年半内你的资金就会损失一半。
When that discount rate or that cost of capital doubles, well then in three and a half years, you've lost half your money.
在25%的资本成本下,三年内你的财富就会减半。
At a 25% cost of capital, in three years, you've lost half your wealth.
所以国库面临的难题是资本成本暴涨。
So the treasury problem is the cost of capital has exploded.
随着资本成本飙升,每家公司都陷入两难境地。
And the cost of capital, as it goes through the roof, puts every company in a quandary.
他们要么必须去资本化,将所有资产返还股东,因为如果山姆经营美元投资公司,而你经营标普500指数投资公司——
They either have to decapitalize and give all of their assets back to their shareholders because they can't If Sam is controlling an investment company that invests in dollars and you are running an investment company that invests in the S and P five index.
我给每人100万,山姆自豪地说没让我亏钱,而你告诉我获得了25%收益——
And I gave each of you a million, and Sam proudly tells me how he didn't lose my money, and you tell me you made 25% return.
我会把所有资金从山姆的基金撤出,全部投入你的基金。
I'm pulling all my money out of Sam's fund and I'm putting it into your fund.
所以问题的核心在于公司持有资本却无法覆盖资本成本时,就必须将资金返还股东,至少会面临来自股东的极大政治压力。
So ultimately the problem is the company sitting on capital, if it can't meet the cost of capital, it has to give the money back to the shareholders, or at least it's under extreme political pressure from the share.
作为CEO,所有人都在质问:你拿着这么多现金到底要干什么?
Everybody's beating you up as CEO saying, what are you doing with all that cash?
你应该直接派发股息或者回购股票。
You should just pay a dividend or you should buy the stock back.
其次,如果你经营的公司现金流年增长率为8%,而资本成本高达25%,意味着我以高于你增长率的比率对你进行折现。
And, and the second pressure you have is if you run a company and your cash flows are growing at 8% a year, but the cost of capital is 25% a year, That means that I'm discounting you at a rate that's higher than your growth rate.
本质上,你的股票价值将被预测归零。
In essence, the value of your stock is gonna be forecast to go to zero.
当公司年增长率5%而资本成本25%时,你根本无法保值。
You can't hold value when a company growing at 5% a year when the cost of capital is 25% a year.
这就是为什么你只能投资高增长的科技股。
That's why the only thing that you can buy is gonna be a high-tech stock that's growing.
你需要收购年增长率能达到20%或25%的科技垄断企业。
You need to buy a tech monopoly that can grow 20 or 25% a year.
如果你向我推荐一个能产生大量现金但年增长率仅2%或1%的企业方案,在高资本成本环境下我毫无兴趣。
And if you come to me with a business idea for a company which makes a lot of cash or makes a lot of money, but it's growing 2% a year or 1% a year, I'm just not interested in a high cost of capital environment.
因此我们在三月面临的问题是:该怎么办?
So the problem we faced in March is what do we do?
把所有钱都返还股东吗?
Give all the money back to the shareholders?
还是能找到投资回报率超过25%的项目?
Or can we find something to invest in that's going to actually generate more than 25% return?
这就引出了一个问题。
And that puts us to a question.
所以我们最终采取的做法是折中方案。
So what we did in essence was split the difference.
要知道,在理想情况下,我会直接买进价值5亿美元的比特币,发布新闻稿并执行。
You know, if if I was in a situation in the ideal situation, you would just buy 500,000,000 worth of Bitcoin and put out a press release and do it.
但如果你这么做,外部股东会受到巨大冲击,他们可能会担心有人会起诉我们或抛售股票,因为你过于激进,他们会指控你承担了未披露的风险。
But if you did that, that would be such a shock to the outside shareholders that the fear would be, well, is someone gonna sue us or dump the stock because you were so aggressive because they'll claim that you took a risk that you didn't disclose.
所以我们的对策是:让我们向所有人披露。
So our response is let's disclose everybody.
我们即将承担一项风险。
We're about to take a risk.
之后,我们就放手一搏。
And after that, let's go ahead and take a risk.
但同时,我们要给所有人一份保险单。
But at the same time, let's give everybody an insurance policy.
所以我们提议在这次荷兰式拍卖中回购价值2.5亿美元的股票。
So we we offered to buy back $250,000,000 worth of the stock in this Dutch auction.
这样,如果你不同意购买比特币的决策,你可以通过出售股票获利退出。
So if you disagree with the decision to buy Bitcoin, you can sell the stock back at a at a profit.
我们股价是1.2美元。
Our stock was $1.20.
我们提出以最高1.4美元的价格回购股票。
We offered to buy the stock back at up to 140.
因此我们通过提供股权退出策略,缓冲了投资策略带来的冲击。
And so we cushioned the blow of the investment strategy by giving people an exit strategy from the equity.
这实现了股东基础的轮换,随后我们开始将比特币作为主要国库储备资产来推行,面对不同的股东群体。
That rotates the shareholder base, and then we began to pursue the Bitcoin strategy as a primary treasury reserve asset with different shareholder base.
那我问你个问题。
So let me ask you a question.
我喜欢这个比喻或者说这种意识——嘿,我们面前有碗正在融化的大冰淇淋。
Now I like the analogy or the kind of the awareness that, hey, we have this giant bowl of ice cream that's melting.
那是你的现金堆在融化。
That's your cash pile that's melting.
而热量本质上就是印钞机,它正在导致资产通胀。
And the heat is basically the money printer that is causing asset inflation.
正在融化的冰块。
Ice cube that's melting.
我们大约有5亿美元的冰块,每年融化20%。
We have about $500,000,000 ice cube and it's melting 20% a year.
五年内就会消失殆尽。
It'll be gone in five years.
所以你需要对此采取行动。
So you needed to do something with that.
你不想让它全部融化掉。
You didn't want it to all melt away.
于是你决定这么做。
So you decided to do this.
现在,有几个快速问题。
Now, a couple of quick questions.
首先是这种快问快答形式。
One is this is sort of rapid fire.
我有几个快问快答的问题要
I've got a couple of rapid fire questions for
问你。
you.
从现在起的二十年后,你认为什么会为MicroStrategy公司创造更多价值或收入?
In twenty years from now, what do you think has generated more value or more income to the company, to MicroStrategy?
是MicroStrategy的运营收入,还是其所持比特币的投资收益?
Is it the operating income of MicroStrategy or the investment income of the Bitcoin it holds?
投资收益是肯定的。
The investment income for sure.
好的。
Okay.
然后现在要
And then Now to
明确地说,2020年3月发生的情况是,当资本成本上升到25%时,意味着每个投资者和所有投资收益,每个投资者什么都不做就能多赚25%。
be to be very clear, what happened in March 2020 is when the cost of capital goes to 25%, that means that every investor and all investment income, every investor generated 25% more doing nothing.
对。
Right.
而每家实体企业即使多努力25%也一无所获。
And every main street company that worked 25% harder got nothing.
没错。
Right.
对。
Right.
这实际上是在倾斜竞争环境——如果你不持有资产,而持有资产的人正经历三十年来最好的一年。
You literally tilt the playing field so that if you don't own, if you own assets, you're having the best year of a thirty years.
如果你不持有资产,就不可能有好年景。
And if you don't own assets, it's impossible to have a good year.
确实。
Right.
那么第二个问题是,随着你们收购越来越多的比特币,MicroStrategy现在的定位是否就像一只比特币ETF?
And so the second question is, as you acquire more and more Bitcoin, is MicroStrategy bet Like, do you just position the company at this point like it's a Bitcoin ETF?
就像是买入这个
It's like buy this
比特币不,购买它相当于持有一只ETF。
Bitcoin No, buying it's at a holding ETF.
你这些话太马虎了。
You're sloppy with those words.
ETF是一家投资证券的公司,它试图使其管理的资产与其售出的ETF份额相等。
An ETF is a company that invests in securities and it tries to keep its assets under management equal to the amount of shares of ETF that it sold.
这是一家金融公司。
It's a financial company.
ETP是类似类型的公司,但它投资的是大宗商品。
An ETP is a similar type of company that invests in commodities.
如果你创建的这个比特币实体能使管理资产与你售出的份额相等,那你就创建了一个比特币ETP。
If you create this Bitcoin entity that equalizes assets under management equal to the shares you sell, you created a Bitcoin ETP.
我们两者都不是。
We're neither of those things.
我们不是金融公司。
We're not a finance company.
我们不是ETF。
We're not an ETF.
我们不是ETP。
We're not an ETP.
我们不会通过买卖比特币来平衡管理资产。
We're not equal we're not buying or selling Bitcoin to equalize assets under management.
我们是一家拥有资产的运营公司。
We're, an operating company that owns property.
比特币是资产。
Bitcoin is property.
从这个角度说,你应该把它看作一家公司——就像我在德克萨斯州买下百万英亩土地,或是买下百万加仑的...(填空),百万蒲式耳的大豆。
And in that way, you should think of it as a company that like I bought a million acres of land in Texas, or I bought a million gallons of fill in the blank, a million bushels of soybean.
你可以购买任何类型的资产,并作为公司将其保留在资产负债表上,对吧?
You can buy any kind of property, And you're holding it on your balance sheet as a company, right?
这就是我们的本质。
That's what we are.
现在你有什么问题?
Now what's your question?
你指的是资本成本为25%的情况,对吧?
You are talking about like, let's say the cost of capital being 25%, right?
因为自三月份以来,标普500指数就是这样的表现。
Because since March, that's what the S and P 500 has done.
但股市确实会涨跌,有些年份市场会下跌然后回升。
But the stock market goes it does go up and down in years where the market dips and goes up.
长期来看,几何平均数大概是7%或8%左右。
Average over time, the geometric mean is whatever, 7% or 8%, something like that.
所以有些人会认为,好吧,今年资产确实膨胀了这么多。
So some would argue, okay, yes, this year assets inflated by that much.
但这不意味着明年还会保持25%的年增长率。
That doesn't mean next year it's going to remain at 25% a year.
因此你必须做些预测,对吧?
And so you have to make some prediction, right?
那么你基本上是预测25%、15%、10%还是8%?
And so are you basically forecasting it at 25%, 15%, 10%, 8%?
这个数字达到某个临界点时,决策会改变吗?
And does the decision change at a certain number there?
首先,2010到2020这十年间,资本成本普遍在8%左右。
First of all, for the decade from 2010 to 2020, it was generally about 8%.
这个数据相当稳定。
Like it was pretty consistent.
而资本成本最大的单一驱动因素是广义货币供应的扩张速度。
And the single biggest driver of cost of capital is the rate at which the broad money supply expands.
如果你去谷歌搜索'M2货币供应量美联储',会看到一张图表,顺便说一句,这张图表走势非常稳定。
And if you look at, if you go Google m two money supply fed, you'll get a chart and you'll see the chart by the way, the chart's not all over the place.
这张图表呈现出高度一致性,十年间保持着7%的斜率增长。
The chart is very consistent, 7% slope for a decade.
它没有剧烈波动。
It's not jerking around.
所以货币供应并不算不稳定。
So it's not that volatile.
过去十年执行的货币政策具有高度连贯性。
It was very consistent monetary policy for a decade.
然后这张图表突然直线上升了24%。
Then that chart goes like this straight up 24%.
因此作为投资者做决策时——这适用于全球所有价值400万亿的投资者和每家企业——
So if you, if you if you're going to make a decision as an investor, and this is any investor, what This applies to all 400,000,000,000,000 worth of investors and applies to every company on earth.
他们都需要计算同一个关键指标:必须预估未来八年每年的货币供应扩张速率。
They all have the same exact thing they have to calculate, which is you have to estimate the rate at which the money supply will expand each year for the next eight years.
这就是如果你想把握全球最重要的信号——对每个人至关重要的核心要素。
And so that's the if you wanna figure out the signal or or the single most important thing in the world for everyone, but for everyone.
对78亿人口、1亿家企业、地球上所有拥有资产或领取薪水的人而言。
7,800,000,000 people for a 100,000,000 companies, for everyone with money on earth or everyone that earns a salary on earth.
这是本期播客的核心观点。
This is the big idea of the podcast.
你必须预估货币的扩张速度。
You have to estimate the rate at which the currency is going to expand.
如果你认为未来八年货币会以每年15%的速度扩张,就会得出某种结论。
And if you believe the currency is going to continue to expand at 15% a year for the next eight years, you come to one conclusion.
如果输入10%的增长率,则会得到不同结论。
If you plug in 10%, it's a different conclusion.
如果是25%,那结论就不同了。
If it's 25%, it's a different conclusion.
那么,我是怎么想的?
So, what do I think?
我认为未来八年保持15%的通胀率是合理的。
I think that 15% is 15% for the next eight years is reasonable.
如果你是悲观主义者,可能会说20%。
If you're a pessimist, you could say 20.
如果你是乐观主义者,可能会说10%。
If you're an optimist, you could say 10.
但货币供应量正在扩张,因为美联储和欧洲央行每年各自购买价值万亿的债券。
But the money supply is expanding because the Federal Reserve and the EU Central Bank are buying a trillion dollars worth of bonds every year each.
货币扩张还因为欧盟政府和美国正在运行数万亿美元的财政赤字。
And it's also expanding because the the government of the EU and The US are running a multi trillion dollar deficit.
此外,超过万亿美元的刺激计划也在推动货币扩张。
And it is also expanding because of trillion dollar plus stimulus.
而且没有理由认为这种情况在未来四年会改变。
And there's no reason to think that's gonna change in the next four years.
我认为在未来八年内也不会改变——想想民主党掌控参众两院时的情况,如果当时是分裂政府,你本可以预测到12%的通胀率。
And I don't think in the next eight years, think that at the point that the Democrats took control of the Senate and the House, you saw that you have You could have forecasted 12% inflation, if it was a split government.
但在非分裂政府下,似乎存在显著共识:我们应该维持赤字,继续维持低利率,并持续刺激经济。
But I think that in a non split government, there seems to be remarkable consensus that we should run deficits, continue to keep interest rates low, and continue to stimulate the economy.
这意味着什么?
So what does that mean?
如果代入15%这个数字,意味着无风险利率或无风险回报率是15%。
If you plug in a number 15%, it means that the risk free interest rate or the risk free return is 15%.
这意味着你未来四年每年必须获得超过15%的超额收益,才能跑赢资产通胀率。
It means you have to generate an excess of 15% on your money every year for the next four years in order to stay ahead of the rate of asset inflation.
理性的人会说资产将以那个速率膨胀。
A reasonable person would say the assets are going to inflate at that rate.
这基本上就是它们的运作方式。
That's that's pretty much what they do.
这意味着如果你的公司现金流增长率不足20%,那么其股票就无法保值。
That means that if your company is not growing its cash flows, you know, at a 20% rate, then it's not gonna hold value as a stock.
这说明如果你的债券利率低于15%,你就是在让债券贬值。
It means that if your bond is paying you an interest rate of less than 15%, you're destroying value in the bond.
如果租金收益率低于15%,你的商业地产就在贬值。
If your rent yield is less than 15%, your commercial real estate's destroying value.
而如果你持有现金,每年就会损失15%的价值。
And if you're holding cash, you're losing 15% of it a year.
这就是负实际收益率。
That's the negative real yield.
所以当你真正接受资产通胀的概念时,就会明白资产通胀等于资本成本,等于货币供应扩张速率。
So once you actually, embrace the idea of asset inflation, and asset inflation equals cost of capital equals the rate of the money supply expansion.
一旦你掌握了这个速率,就会发现除了比特币之外,几乎所有资产都存在双重负实际收益率。
Once you have that rate, then you realize that there's a negative real real yield on everything except for Bitcoin for the most part.
黄金的负实际收益率是3%。
The negative real yield on gold is 3%.
这是我们开采或抵押黄金的速率。
That's the rate at which we mine it or hypothecate it.
主权债务的负实际收益率约为12%到13%。
The negative real yield on sovereign debt is about 12%, 13.
公司债的负实际收益率是10%。
The negative real yield on corporate debt is 10%.
任何增长率低于15%的公司都存在负实际收益率。
Every company that's got a growth rate of less than 15% has got a negative real yield on it.
所以,一旦你这样做,你就会意识到,除非找到解决资金问题的方法,否则公司根本无法制定商业策略。
So, you know, once you do that, then you can then what you realize is you can't really have a business strategy as a company unless you find a way to solve the treasury problem.
这里的核心理念是:要修复任何公司,将所有现金流导入比特币,将资金储备转为比特币,以未来美元现金流为抵押借款并转为比特币,用美元融资所有固定资产并转为比特币,尽可能以当前最高估值发行美元股票并投资比特币。
So the big idea here is you wanna fix any company, sweep all the cash flows into Bitcoin, convert the treasury into Bitcoin, borrow against your future cash flows in dollars, convert that into Bitcoin, finance all your fixed assets in dollars, convert that into Bitcoin, and issue equity as much as you can now at the highest valuation you can now in dollars and invest in Bitcoin.
对吧?
Right?
你可能会问,为什么是比特币?
And and you might say, why Bitcoin?
因为比特币是顶级资产。
Well, because Bitcoin is the apex property.
它是宇宙中最稀缺的货币资产。
It's the most scarce monetary asset in the universe.
你无法再创造更多。
You can't make any more of it.
这是加密货币。
It's encrypted money.
这意味着它最不容易受到财产税、执行问题、货币超发、稀释、对手方风险和腐败的损害。
And and what that means is it's least likely to be impaired by a property tax and execution issue, money printing, dilution, counterparty risk and corruption.
所以我们设计了一种优质资产,一种热力学稳定、技术领先的资产。
So we have engineered a superior asset, a thermodynamically sound technically superior asset.
它部署在全球数字监控网络上,这是一个开放的协议。
It's placed on a global digital monitoring network, which is open, an open protocol.
顶级资产与开放货币体系的结合,使其成为世界上最具颠覆性的技术。
And the combination of the APEX asset on the open monetary system makes it the the most disruptive technology in the world.
当你最初创立微策略时,你深陷细节之中。
When you were first starting MicroStrategy, you were you were in the weeds.
你当时想的是,我必须开发能解决问题的产品,并且要靠它赚钱。
You were thinking, I have to make a product that solves a problem, and I I have to make money off of it.
对吧?
Right?
现在你已经上升到了更高的层次
Now you've gone way up the hierarchy of
现在我们可以为所欲为了
Now we can do whatever we want.
现在你可以为所欲为了
Now you can do whatever you want.
你是在什么时候注意到这种转变的?
At what point did you notice a shift?
就像是,天啊
Like, oh my gosh.
就像是,这个业务很稳定
Like, this business is stable.
它运作得相当不错
It's working it's working pretty well.
是的
Yep.
这相当可预测
It's quite predictable.
这种转变是在什么时候发生的?
At what point did that shift happen?
因为你现在谈论的内容我认为与
Because what you're talking about now is quite foreign I think to what
我们看
we look.
当我们真正接受比特币时就解决了问题
We solved our problem when we actually embraced Bitcoin.
我 我 我可以对你说,哦,是的。
I I I could say to you, oh, yeah.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
当我在银行里有5亿现金时,我确实可以。
When I had 500,000,000 in cash in the bank, I could.
然后我们就专注于此。
And then we were focused.
但问题是,如果你有一大笔现金却不产生任何利息,资本成本上升到25%时,所有上市公司投资者都会抛弃这家公司。
But the problem with that is that if you have a bunch of cash generating zero interest, the cost of capital goes 25%, then all the public company investors forsake the company.
如果股票市场抛弃了公司,主流媒体也会随之抛弃它。
And if the stock if the if the stock market forsakes the company, then mainstream media forstakes the company.
对吧?
Right?
员工们会因此沮丧,因为最终Facebook、亚马逊、苹果或谷歌会挖走你所有的员工。
Then the employees become dejected because eventually you're gonna have Facebook, Amazon, Apple, or Google steal every one of your employees.
如果你无法推高股价,对吧?
If you can't drive the stock up, right?
没人愿意投资一家每年仅以5%速度增长却赚很多钱的公司。
Nobody wants to invest in a company that makes a lot of money growing at 5% a year.
这么说可能显得很残酷。
I mean, seems brutal to say that.
顺便说一句,如果资本成本为零,情况就不一样了。
By the way, it wouldn't be true if the cost capital was zero.
如果我们国家实行稳健的货币政策,你就能昂首挺胸地说:我经营着这家很棒的餐厅,去年我们赚了很多钱。
If we had a sound money policy in this country, then you could hold your head up high and say, I run this great restaurant and we made a lot of money last year.
今年我们还会赚很多钱。
We're gonna make a lot of money this year.
我们的计划是继续保持我们一直在做的事情。
And our plan is to keep doing what we've been doing.
我已经表扬过你,说这很好,这很值得尊敬。
And I already pat you on the back and say, that's good, that's honorable.
但如果我告诉你,我每年要让现金贬值25%或20%,到某个时候,你就会被逼入这样的循环:要么进行大规模收购来维持收入增长。
But if I tell you I'm gonna devalue the cash by 25% a year or 20 a year, at some point, you're driven into this cycle where I have to either do a big acquisition to keep my revenues growing.
要么承担极大风险进行稀释性收购,要么借入数十亿美元回购股票以提高每股现金流。
I have to take extreme risk and do dilutive acquisitions, or I have to go borrow billions of dollars to buy the stock back to leverage up the cash flow per share.
如果这两件事都不做,投资者就会抛售股票,大量抛售。
And if I don't do either of those things, the investors dump the stock and they dump the stock.
员工们会开始觉得,为什么不去那些更酷更热门的地方工作呢?你的工程师都会被Facebook或亚马逊这样的公司挖走。
The employees start feeling like, you know, why don't they go work someplace cool and hot and you're gonna get all your engineers stripped away by Facebook or Amazon or something.
所以事实是,当我们真正修复资产负债表时,我们就修复了股价,也修复了公司。目前公司拥有超过50亿美元的资产。
So the truth is, when we actually fix the balance sheet, we fix the stock and we fix the At this point, the company has $5,000,000,000 more than $5,000,000,000 in assets.
如果资本成本保持在,比如说上升20%,如果我们明年多印20%的钱,我可以合理预期产生10亿美元的投资收益,这相当于比特币增长20%,对吧?
If the cost of capital remains at, let's say it goes up 20%, if we print 20% more money next year, I can reasonably expect to generate a billion dollars in investment income, which would be a 20% increase in Bitcoin, right?
但事实是,我可以合理预期比这更好的结果。
But the truth is, I can reasonably expect better than that.
如果资本成本是10,我可以合理预期5亿美元的投资收益。
If, the cost of capital is 10, I can reasonably expect 500,000,000 investment income.
2000人全年完美完成10万件事,与资金雄厚的微软竞争,他们一年能产生7500万美元。
Well, all 2,000 people doing a 100,000 things right perfectly for the entire year competing against Microsoft that has more money than God, they can generate 75,000,000 a year.
好的。
Okay.
所以事实是,当我们把资产负债表转换为比特币后,公司的未来就变得安全了,因为现在我们不必再挣扎。
So so the truth is the company, its future became secure when we actually converted the balance sheet to Bitcoin because now we don't have to struggle.
让我换种方式来说。
Let me say it a different way.
我认为在2021年,任何公司没有财务策略都不可能成功。
I don't think any company could be successful without a financial strategy in the year 2021.
就像我在三四年前不会这么说一样。
Like I wouldn't have said it three, four years ago.
如果你拥有一个货币供应量每年增长2%到3%的稳健货币宏观经济环境,你就可以去生产、创造、营销、销售和服务产品,并从中产生现金流。
If you have a sound money, macroeconomic environment where the money supply is expanding at two or 3% a year, you can go out and make things and create things and market things and sell things and service things and generate cash with that.
这样,这一切就说得通了。
And then, and that makes sense.
但如果货币供应量每年增长20%,你就需要持有资产,因为没有人会投资回报率低于20%这个门槛利率的项目。
But if the money supply is expanding at 20% a year, you need to own assets because, because what's happening is no one's going to invest in any project that doesn't generate more than the 20% hurdle rate.
那么谁能持续获得无风险的20%回报呢?
And so who can generate consistently risk free 20% returns?
你必须成为垄断者。
You have to be a monopoly.
是的。
Yeah.
你必须拥有数字垄断或某种形式的垄断。
You have to have a digital monopoly or some kind of monopoly.
因此增长变得指数级困难。
So it becomes exponentially harder to grow.
接下来会发生什么?
What and so what happens next?
所有这些其他公司都可能被挤出生态系统,对吧?
All these other companies could get squeezed out of the ecosystem, right?
会因为货币政策而资本枯竭并陷入破产。
Get decapitalized and rendered insolvent by the monetary policy.
所以我想说,如果我的股票能涨到每股120美元,现在是多少呢?
So I would say that, if I can get my stock was a $120 a share, what is it right now?
比如,我还没去市场上查过,但是
Like, I haven't checked in the market, but
7.68美元。
$7.68.
好的。
Okay.
所以
So
如果我能让股价上涨,那我就能让股东们满意。
if I if I get my stock up, then I can actually make my shareholders happy.
我可以改变舆论风向。
I can change the narrative.
我能招到人才。
I can recruit.
我能留住人才。
I can retain talent.
我能获得,你知道,我能提振客户的信心。
I can get that, you know, I can inspire the confidence of my customers.
我能推动发展势头吗?
I can I can drive momentum?
然后我们就能做想做的事了。
And then we can do what we wanna do.
我想这类似于,如果你是一所大学,要么没有捐赠基金,要么有十亿美元捐赠基金,要么有千亿美元捐赠基金。
I guess it's it's similar to if you're a university and you had no endowment, or university that has a billion dollar endowment, or university that has a $100,000,000,000 endowment.
如果你是教授,你想去哪所大学工作?
If you're a professor, which university you wanna work for?
如果你是学生,你想去哪里上学?
If you're a student, where do you wanna go?
你们是不是要建一座闪闪发光的新大楼?
You have a shiny building coming or not, right?
说到底,对吧?
At the end of the day, right?
金钱是衡量能量的标准。
Money is a measure of energy.
所以如果你拥有货币资产,你就拥有能量。
And so if you have monetary assets, you have energy.
如果你能量充沛,就能正直地追求自己的愿景。
And if you have high energy, you can pursue your vision, you know, with integrity.
你现在花多少时间在投资收入上,相比日常的微观策略和常规业务——也就是制作商业智能产品与投资收入?
And what percentage of your time now are you spending on this on investing the income versus on the day to day of micro strategy of just the the business as usual, the products that making business intelligence products versus investing the the income?
我是CEO,但我们有一位总裁。
I'm the CEO, but we have a president.
公司的总裁是李方。
And the president of the company is Fong Lee.
实际上他现在负责日常运营,包括销售、营销甚至技术开发。
He actually has day to day operational responsibility for sales, marketing, and even technology development at this point.
所以我是董事长兼CEO。
So I'm the chairman and the CEO.
我负责公司战略和财务战略。
I oversee the company strategy and I oversee financial strategies.
我把握长期方向和技术战略,但不参与日常业务运营的琐事。
I oversee long term direction and I oversee technology strategy, but I'm not in the weeds in the day to day running the business.
这些都交给运营执行团队负责。
That's really left for the operating executive team.
大约一年前,我发推文说已将25%的净资产转入比特币,现在这个比例已经涨到差不多超过50%了。
So about a year ago, I tweeted out that I had moved 25% of my net worth into Bitcoin, which has now become like, I don't know, 50 plus percent almost.
一位朋友打电话给我,就是经常上我们播客的那位安德鲁·威尔金森。
And a friend called me, our friend who comes on this podcast, his name is Andrew Wilkinson.
他是个非常成功的商人。
Very successful business guy.
现在他在加拿大有一家上市公司。
He's got a public company in Canada now.
他名下企业的总市值大约超过十亿美元。
Sort of has he owns businesses that are worth about over a billion dollars.
他打电话给我时这样说:'嘿,我只是想确认你知道自己在做什么。'
And he called me and he was just like, Hey, I just want to make sure you know what you're doing here.
就像一位关心你的朋友那样。
And, you know, like a concerned friend.
他算是沃伦·巴菲特的信徒,奉行巴菲特的投资理念。
And he comes from like kind of the Warren Buffett you know, he's a Warren Buffett disciple.
众所周知,巴菲特和芒格——查理·芒格称比特币是老鼠药,后来巴菲特更是说这是老鼠药的平方。
And famously, Buffett and Munger you know, Charlie Munger called Bitcoin rat poison, and then Buffett called it rat poison squared.
所以当这些成就斐然、备受尊敬的智者谈论比特币时...
And so you get really intelligent people who are well respected for what they've done talking about Bitcoin.
那么首先,你对巴菲特关于比特币的观点有何看法?
So first, what's your reaction to the Buffett opinion on Bitcoin?
我认为每个人都受限于自己的认知框架。
I think everybody's captured by their frame of reference.
沃伦·巴菲特——你同意沃伦·巴菲特主要靠股票投资赚钱这个说法吗?
Warren Buffett would you agree that Warren Buffett for the most part made money investing in stocks?
是的。
Yeah.
而且主要是非科技类股票。
In non technology stocks primarily.
也许还要监管运营公司。
And maybe overseeing operating companies.
如果他在尼日利亚、津巴布韦或阿根廷过去十五年里这样做,或者在委内瑞拉,他能有多成功?
How successful would he have been if he did that in Nigeria or let's say Zimbabwe or Argentina for the past fifteen years or Venezuela?
不会很好。
Not very well.
那种策略不会奏效。
That strategy wouldn't have worked.
例如,如果你在津巴布韦做生意时货币崩溃,没有任何策略能奏效。
For example, there is no strategy that would work, if you were a business person in Zimbabwe, when the currency collapsed.
如果你看看阿根廷的蓝元,阿根廷比索曾经确实与美元等值。
And if you look at the Argentine blue dollar, the Argentine peso actually used to be worth a dollar.
后来变成了3比索兑1美元。
And then it was 3 pesos to the dollar.
如今它在黑市上交易。
Today it's on the black market.
他们称之为蓝市。
They call it the blue market.
现在大约是150比索兑1美元。
It's worth about 150 pesos to the dollar.
要知道,如果你生活在一个可以假设货币坚挺且不存在问题、股票会正常运作的世界里。
There's, you know, if you live in a world where you just, let's just start by assuming the currency is strong and we have no problem with that and that stocks are going to work.
然后我们再来讨论投资策略。
And then let's talk about our investment strategy.
好吧,如果你生活在那个世界并能做出这些假设,那很好。
Well, if you live in that world and you can make those assumptions, great.
但如果未来十年货币每年贬值15%呢?
But what if the currency weakens at 15% a year for the next decade?
那么你的策略行不通。
Then your strategy doesn't work.
所以我认为,世界上大部分都是成功人士,但有两样东西是缺失的。
So I think that for the most part, the world's full of successful people, but there's two things that are missing.
第一,他们乐观地假设,在美国和西欧,无论我们面临何种货币挑战,无论货币多么疲软,都能迅速得到纠正。
One, they're assuming optimistically that, that in The United States and Western Europe, whatever currency challenges we have, whatever weakness of the currency we have will be rapidly rectified.
他们要么是在否认现实。
They're either in denial.
以下是你会知道的方式。
Here's how you'll know.
作为一个投资者,问问别人他们去年的表现如何。
Ask someone as an investor how they did last year.
如果他们诚实,他们会说,美元暴跌,而我所有的股票都上涨了20%到50%,因为美元走弱了。
If they're honest, they'll say, the dollar crashed and all my stocks are up 20 to 50% because the dollar's weaker.
如果他们告诉你,哦,我去年表现很好。
And if they tell you, Oh, I had a great year.
我的投资组合上涨了37%或50%,因为我是个选股天才。
My portfolio is up 37% or 50% because I'm a genius stock picker.
对吧?
Right?
这就是你解读世界的方式。
That's how you interpret the world.
是美元在走弱,还是市场在好转,对吧?
Is the dollar weakening or is the market getting better, right?
因此,有很多人在他们的参考框架内取得了成功。
And so there's a lot of people that have been successful in their frame of reference.
所以他们就把成功归功于自己选股有道或经营策略得当这些美德行为。
And so they just attribute the virtuous activity of, you know, their virtuous stock picking or their virtuous business strategy for their success.
对吧?
Right?
然后他们还奇怪为什么别人不能像他们一样。
And then they wonder why everybody else can't be like them.
没错。
Right.
对吧?
Right?
然后我认为第二部分是比特币代表范式转变。
And then I think the second part of this is Bitcoin is paradigm shift.
这是人类历史上首次成功将第一层货币置于数字网络上。
It's the first time in the history of the human race that we managed to put first layer money on a digital network.
我是说,这根本无从研究。
I mean, there is nothing to study.
有人告诉你他们研究过这个。
Someone is telling you they've studied this.
你怎么可能研究过它?
How could you have studied it?
就像我们发明了火或电一样。
It's like we invented fire or we invented electricity.
这是个如此新的发明,如果你朋友说,我花了47小时研究比特币,对吧?
It's such a new invention that, if your friend said, I spent forty seven hours studying Bitcoin, right?
我对它如何发展成为主导性数字资产网络有以下具体担忧。
And I have the following detail concerns about how it's going to evolve as a dominant digital asset network.
这些就是我所担心的问题。
And these are the things I'm worried about.
或许这会是个建设性的对话。
Maybe it would be constructive conversation.
但我觉得大多数人还不明白,他们甚至还没意识到这是一个数字货币网络。
But, I think that most people don't, they don't even understand yet that it's a digital monetary network.
他们甚至不知道这类事物的存在。
They don't even know there's a class of such a thing.
这是人类历史上的首次创举。
It's the first such thing in the history of human race.
我创造了通过强加密在数字空间实现财产确权的能力。
I've created the ability to manifest property in cyberspace using strong encryption.
并且我将这个网络去中心化,使得没有任何公司、CEO或国家能成为单点故障。
And I have decentralized that network such that no company or no CEO or no country can be a point of failure.
这是人类史上的第一次。
This is a first in the human race.
这是数字空间中燃烧着万亿美元能量的烈火。
This is a fire in cyberspace that's burning with a trillion dollars of energy.
这是全球历史上增长最快的数字网络,仅用十二年就达到万亿美元规模。
It's the fastest growth to a trillion dollars of any digital network in the history of the world, twelve years.
所以如果你接受这点并说:好吧,我面临两个问题。
And so if you embrace that and you say, okay, I've got two things going on here.
从宏观角度看,这是三十年来首次美国和欧洲的广义货币供应量全部联动,并以超过20%的速度同步崩溃。
I have a macro, this is the first time in thirty years that the money supply, the broad money supply in The US and Europe is all linked and all collapsing at a rate north of 20%.
我们从未经历过这种情况,你们这代人没有,我这辈子也没有。
We didn't have this, not in your lifetime, not in my lifetime.
上次出现类似情况是1980年,再往前是七十年代末。
The last time we got something similar, this was 1980, and before '9 in the seventies.
但在七十年代,各国央行各行其是——德国央行、法国央行、美联储。
But in the seventies, you had a bunch of different central banks, the German bank, the French bank, The US Bank.
当时美元还不是世界流通货币。
The US was not the world current.
这大约占1980年代外汇交易的30%比例。
It was like 30% of the currency trades in the 1980s.
并不是90%。
It wasn't 90%.
随后欧盟成立了。
So we had the formation of the EU.
欧盟将所有欧洲货币与美元挂钩。
The EU tied all of European currency to the dollar.
这占据了全球90%的货币量,其他央行也都与美元挂钩。
That became 90% of all the currency, every other central bank tied in the dollar.
因此过去十二个月里,美联储的操作和M2货币供应量的扩张实质上同时削弱了全球所有货币。
So we arrive in a period in the last twelve months where, where the behavior of the US fed and the expansion of the m two money supply is in essence weakening every currency on earth at the same time.
目前主要存在三类货币体系。
You've only got three sets of currencies.
强势货币正以与美元相同的速率贬值。
You've got the strong currencies weakening at the same rate as the dollar.
这涉及约20个富裕国家。
You've and that's like 20 rich countries.
大多数货币对美元汇率额外贬值20%至40%。
Then you've got most currencies weakening 20 to 40% more against the dollar.
最后一篮子货币对美元贬值幅度达80%甚至更高。
And then you've got the last basket of currencies weakening 80% or more against the dollar.
这些货币正在彻底崩溃。
They're utterly collapsing.
我们正面临人类历史上从未出现过的宏观经济形势。
And so you have a macroeconomic circumstance we've never seen in our lifetime.
同时我们还拥有这项技术——它比谷歌、脸书更具颠覆性,比YouTube、Zoom更具破坏力,甚至超越了iPhone的影响力。
And then you have a technology, the most disruptive technology of our life, more disruptive than Google, Facebook, more disruptive than YouTube, more disruptive than Zoom, more disruptive than the iPhone.
谷歌用了22年时间达到万亿美元市值。
It took Google twenty two years to get to a trillion.
亚马逊用了24年时间达到万亿美元市值。
It took Amazon twenty four years to get to a trillion.
苹果公司用了42年时间达到万亿美元市值。
It took Apple forty two years to get to a trillion.
微软用了44年时间达到万亿美元市值。
It took Microsoft forty four years to get to a trillion.
比特币只用了12年。
It took Bitcoin 12.
这是一场货币之火。
It's a monetary fire.
它正在网络空间熊熊燃烧。
It's burning in cyberspace.
顺便说一句,这两件事结合起来——你该如何助长货币之火?
And these two things together, by the way, how do you feed a monetary fire?
用更多的钱。
With money.
比以往任何时候都多的钱。
More money than ever.
金钱正在助长这场大火,对吧?
The money is feeding the fire, right?
任何生活在舒适环境中、沿用去年有效商业策略的人,对吧?
And anybody living in a comfortable environment with a business strategy that worked last year, right?
他们将会后知后觉,因为他们尚未意识到这是根本性的变革。
They're going to be late to understand this because they haven't had this jarring realization that there's something fundamentally different.
但如果你生活在阿根廷或黎巴嫩——以黎巴嫩为例,当地货币一夜之间贬值80%。
But if you lived in Argentina or you lived in Lebanon and your currency, like let's take Lebanon, it collapses overnight by 80%.
如果有人递给你一部iPhone说,你可以把比特币存在这里,明天就不会破产挨饿。
And if someone handed you an iPhone and said, you can put Bitcoin on this and you won't be broke and starving tomorrow.
你就会有动力去学习这项新技术,因为你的整个世界都在你眼前崩塌了。
You would have an incentive to learn about this new technology because your entire world crashed around your head.
但如果你生活在一个自以为投资组合刚获得30%回报的世界里,你对问题的认识就不那么深刻了。
But if you're living in a world where you think you just made 30% return on your portfolio, you don't quite have the same appreciation of the problem.
是啊。
Yeah.
请继续,萨姆。
Go ahead, Sam.
所以这几乎像是...做这些决定的根源绝对是股东利益、股东价值,但很大程度上也源于——嗯,我就是想吸引顶尖人才。
So you you it it almost is it's almost like rooted in the decision to do all of this is definitely shareholder stuff, shareholder value, but a lot of it was like rooted like, well, I just wanna attract great talent.
或者说这绝对是一个考量因素。
Or that was definitely a a factor.
现在那里有多少员工?
How how many people work there now?
2000人?
2,000?
大概两千...
About two How
这对你们的招聘和留任能力产生了什么影响?
how has this impacted your ability to recruit and retain people?
对留任非常有利,对招聘也很有帮助。
It's great for retention and it's been great for recruiting.
首先我们能...我们能吸引人才,公司的品牌效应已经放大了上千倍。
We can get we we get people first of all, the company's brand has been amped up by a factor of a thousand.
我的意思是,现在知道我们的人多多了。
I mean, a lot more people know us now.
现在的文化氛围是怎样的?
Like, what's the culture like now?
有什么不同吗?
Is it different?
只是更加快乐了。
Just more just happy.
比特币就是希望。
Bitcoin is hope.
好的。
Okay.
让我换个方式来说。
So let me say it a different way.
假设你家有10万美元,今天突然发现存在黎巴嫩银行里只剩2万了,既不能花还会继续贬值。
If your family has a $100,000 and you showed up, you know, today, and I told you it was in a bank in Lebanon and now it's 20,000, but you can't spend it and it's going to zero.
你家人的士气会怎样?
What's your family's morale?
对吧?
Right?
这个嘛,我是说,我看到过
Well, It's I like mean, you've I seen
有人因此丧命。
people death.
但如果同年你家持有价值10万的比特币,我告诉你比特币涨了1000%现在值100万,而且还会继续涨永远不用担心
And if your family had a 100,000 in Bitcoin in the same year, and I told you, oh, by the way, Bitcoin's up by a thousand percent and now you have a million dollars and it's probably gonna keep going up forever, and you don't have to worry
非黑即白那么简单。
about black and white like that.
事情不是非黑
It's not black and
像是黑色的
like is black
和白色的。
and white.
并不是。
It's not.
我正在看你们的玻璃门评价。
I'm looking at your glass door reviews.
我正在看玻璃门评价。
I'm looking at the glass door reviews.
不是所有人都同意。
Not everyone agrees.
比如说,肯定有缺点吧。
Like, surely there's downside to this.
我是说,不是所有人都同意。
I mean, not everyone agrees.
我我我正在看,我看到很多差评,每个伟大的公司都有很多差评,但并不是非黑即白所有人都同意。
I I I'm looking at I see a lot of bad reviews, and every great company has a lot of bad reviews, but it's not black and white that everyone agrees.
我是说,你们在Glassdoor上只有43%的好评率。
I mean, you have a 43% review on Glassdoor.
我知道Glassdoor不能反映全貌,但显然不是所有人都同意你的观点。
I know that Glassdoor isn't the full picture, but it's clear that not everyone agrees with your opinion.
而且
And
我想知道,这个统计数据只包含过去六个月的吗?
I wanna know Is is that is that only stats for the past six months?
因为我
Because I
想都别想
think No.
你不行
You no.
那里有上千条评价,而且一直挂在那里
There's a there's a thousand reviews, and it's been up there.
不是过去十年吗?
Isn't for the past decade?
但我可以按日期排序
But I can sort by date.
所以我可以告诉你任何数字,你可以设置任何筛选条件
So I can tell you a number by any you could just I could set it by any constraint.
现在总共是1000条评价,而且评分很低
Right now it's all, so 1,000 reviews, and it's a low review.
我...所以看起来不像
And I and it so it doesn't seem
所有人都同意你的观点
that everyone agrees with you.
你在看过去十年的数据吗?
Are you looking at the past ten years?
如果你回顾过去十年,公司曾有过收缩期,我们还裁过员
And if if you go back over the past ten years, we had a we had one point where the company was contracting, and we laid off employees.
所以不行
And so so No.
我看的都是2020年的评价
I'm looking at reviews all from 2020.
说实话,我觉得没人在乎Glassdoor上的评价
There's I think truth truth be told, no nobody gives a shit about Glassdoor reviews.
对吧?
Right?
比如,要么就是
Like, either that's
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。