本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你可能通过他的推特账号认识纳瓦尔,我们将讨论他那篇关于如何不靠运气致富的精彩推文风暴。
You probably know Naval from his Twitter account, and we're going to be talking about his epic tweet storm on how to get rich without getting lucky.
我们将详细解读大部分推文,给纳瓦尔机会进一步阐述,并就这个话题自由展开讨论。
We're going to go through most of the tweets in detail, give Naval a chance to expand on them and just generally riff on the topic.
他可能会提出一些他之前从未公开过的想法。
He'll probably throw in some ideas that he hasn't even published before.
你通过他的推特账号认识纳瓦尔。
You know Naval from his Twitter account.
他还是AngelList和Epinions的联合创始人。
He's also the cofounder of AngelList and Epinions.
他是Twitter、Uber等众多公司的多产科技投资人。
He's a prolific tech investor in companies like Twitter, Uber, and many more.
我是纳瓦尔的AngelList联合创始人,当年还和他共同撰写了Venture Hacks博客。
And I'm the cofounder of AngelList with Naval, and I also coauthored the Venture Hacks blog with him back in the day.
是的。
Yeah.
《如何致富》的推文风暴确实引起了强烈共鸣。
The How to Get Rich Sweet Storm definitely hit a nerve.
很多人说它很有帮助,跨越了不同群体,不仅科技行业的人,各行各业的人都想知道如何解决自己的金钱问题。
A lot of people say it was helpful, reach across aisles, and people outside of tech industry, people in all walks of life, people do wanna know how to solve their money problems.
每个人都隐约知道自己想要富裕,但他们缺乏一套有效的原则来实现它。
And everyone vaguely knows that they want to be wealthy, but they don't have a good set of principles to do it by.
财富、金钱和地位之间有什么区别?
What's the difference between wealth, money, and status?
财富是你真正想要的东西。
Wealth is the thing that you really want.
财富是那些在你睡觉时仍能为你赚钱的资产。
Wealth is assets that earn while you sleep.
财富是拥有机器人、不断生产的工厂。
Wealth is the factory that with the robots that's cranking out things.
财富是夜间运行、为其他客户服务的计算机程序。
Wealth is the computer program that's running at night that's serving other customers.
财富甚至包括存在银行里并被再投资到其他资产和企业的钱。
Wealth is even money in the bank that is being reinvested into other assets and into other businesses.
即使一栋房子也可以是一种财富形式,因为你可以通过出租获得收益,尽管与开展商业活动相比,这可能是土地生产力较低的用途。
Even a house can be a form of wealth because you can rent it out, although that's probably a lower use of productivity in the land than actually doing some commercial enterprise.
因此,我对财富的定义更侧重于那些能在你睡觉时持续赚钱的企业和资产。
So my definition of wealth is much more businesses and assets that can earn while you sleep.
但你真正追求财富的原因,是因为它能为你带来自由。
But really the reason you want wealth is because it buys you freedom.
这样你就不用再戴领带,像脖子上套着枷锁一样。
So you don't have to wear a tie like a collar around your neck.
这样你就不用早上七点就起床,赶着去上班,陷在通勤堵车里。
So you don't have to wake up at 7AM and rush to work and sit in commute traffic.
这样你就不用把一生中所有 productive 的时间都浪费在一份枯燥无味、无法让你感到满足的工作上。
So you don't have to waste away your entire life grinding all the productive hours into a way to a soulless job that doesn't fulfill you.
因此,财富的真正目的就是自由。
So the purpose of wealth is freedom.
它不过就是如此。
It's nothing more than that.
它不是为了买皮草大衣、开法拉利、乘游艇或乘坐湾流飞机环游世界。
It's not to buy fur coats or drive Ferraris or sail yachts or jet around the world in your Gulf Stream.
这些东西很快就会变得极其无聊和愚蠢。
That stuff gets really boring and really stupid really fast.
它只是为了让你成为自己真正的主权个体。
It's really just so that you are your own sovereign individual.
除非你真的想要,否则你得不到它,而全世界的人都想要它。
You're not gonna get that unless you really want it, and the entire world wants it.
全世界都在为此努力奋斗。
And the entire world is working hard at it.
在某种程度上,这是一种竞争。
And to some extent, it is competitive.
这是一场正和博弈,但也有竞争成分,因为目前社会中的资源是有限的。
It's a positive sum game, but there are competitive elements to it because there's a finite amount of resources right now in society.
要获得资源去做你想做的事,你就必须脱颖而出。
And to get the resources to do what you want, you have to stand out.
金钱是我们转移财富的方式。
Money is how we transfer wealth.
金钱就是社会信用。
Money is social credits.
它意味着你能够对他人的时间进行债权和债务的记录。
It is the ability to have credits and debits on other people's time.
如果我做好了我的工作,为社会创造了价值,社会就会说:谢谢你。
If I do my job right, if I create value for society, society says, oh, thank you.
我们欠你一些回报,作为对你过去工作的补偿。
We owe you something in the future for the work that you did in the past.
这是一张小小的欠条。
Here's a little IOU.
我们称它为金钱。
Let's call that money.
而这些货币会贬值,因为人们偷走了借据。
And that money gets debased because people steal the IOUs.
政府印制了额外的借据。
The government prints extra IOUs.
人们赖掉他们的借据。
People rinnege on their IOUs.
但货币真正试图成为的,是一种可靠的社会借据,表明你因过去自己或他人所做的事情而应得回报。
But really what money is trying to be is it's trying to be a reliable IOU from society that you are owed something for something you or someone who gave you the money did in the past.
我们可以在这之间转移这些借据。
And we can transfer these IOUs around.
所以,货币本质上是我们转移财富的方式。
So really money is how we transfer wealth.
人生中人们玩的 fundamentally 有两个巨大的游戏。
There are fundamentally two huge games in life that people play.
一个是金钱游戏,因为钱虽然不能解决你所有的问题,但能解决你所有的金钱问题。
One is the money game because money is not gonna solve all your problems, but it's gonna solve all your money problems.
所以我认为人们是知道这一点的。
So I think that people know that.
他们意识到自己想要赚钱。
They realize that they wanna make money.
但与此同时,许多人内心深处却认为自己做不到。
But at the same time, many of them deep down believe that they can't make it.
他们不希望任何财富创造发生。
They don't want any wealth creation to happen.
因此,他们通过攻击整个事业来展示道德优越感,说赚钱是邪恶的。
So they sort of virtue signal by attacking the whole enterprise by saying, well, making money is evil.
你不该这么做,诸如此类的话。
You shouldn't do it, blah blah blah.
但他们真正想做的,其实是玩另一种游戏,即地位游戏。
But what they're trying to do is they're actually playing the other game, which is a status game.
他们试图通过说‘我不需要钱’来在旁观者眼中提升自己的地位。
They're trying to be high status in the eyes of other people watching by saying, well, I don't need money.
我们并不想要钱。
We don't want money.
而地位只是你在社会等级中的排名。
And then status is just your ranking in the social hierarchy.
财富并不是零和游戏。
So wealth is not a zero sum game.
世界上每个人都可以拥有一栋房子。
Everybody in the world can have a house.
你有房子并不会剥夺我拥有房子的能力。
Because you have a house doesn't take away from my ability to have a house.
事实上,房子建得越多,建造房子就越容易,我们对建房的了解就越多,能拥有房子的人也就越多。
If anything, the more houses that are built, the easier it becomes to build houses, the more we know about building houses, and just the more people that can have houses.
因此,财富是一种非常正和的游戏。
So wealth is a very positive sum game.
我们共同创造事物。
We create things together.
我们正在启动这个项目,希望创作出一件能够解释我们所做之事的艺术作品。
We're starting this endeavor to create this, hopefully, piece of art that explains what we're doing.
最终,将诞生一种全新的东西。
At the end of it, something brand new will be created.
这是一场正和游戏。
It's a positive sum game.
而地位,另一方面,是一场零和游戏。
Status, on the other hand, is a zero sum game.
这是一种非常古老的游戏。
It's a very old game.
自从猿人部落时代起,我们就一直在玩这个游戏,它讲究等级高低,谁是第一,谁是第二,谁是第三。
We've been playing it since Monkey Tribes, and it's hierarchical who's number one, who's number two, who's number three.
要让第三名升到第二名,第二名就必须让出那个位置。
And for number three to move to number two, number two has to move out of that slot.
因此,地位是一场零和游戏。
So status is zero sum game.
政治是地位游戏的一个例子。
Politics is an example of a status game.
即使是体育也是地位游戏的一个例子。
Even sports is an example of a status game.
要成为赢家,就必须有输家。
To be the winner, there must be a loser.
我从根本上并不喜欢地位游戏。
I don't fundamentally love status games.
它们在我们的社会中扮演着重要角色,帮助我们确定谁在掌权。
They play an important role in our society, so we figure out who's in charge.
但从根本上说,你玩这些游戏是因为它们是必要的恶。
But fundamentally, you play them because they're a necessary evil.
问题在于其进化基础。
The problem is an evolutionary basis.
比如,如果回到几千年前,地位比财富更能预测生存几率。
Like, if you go back thousands of years, status is a much better predictor of survival than wealth is.
在农业时代之前,没有农民的时候,你是不可能拥有财富的,因为你无法储存东西。
You couldn't have wealth before the farming age, before farmers because you couldn't store things.
狩猎采集者随身携带所有东西。
Hunter gatherers carried everything on their backs.
因此,狩猎采集者完全生活在以地位为基础的社会中。
So hunter gatherers lived entirely in status based societies.
农民开始转向以财富为基础的社会,而现代工业经济则是更彻底的以财富为基础的社会。
Farmers started going to wealth based societies, and the modern industrial economies are much more heavily wealth based societies.
但地位与财富之间始终存在着微妙的竞争。
But there's always a subtle competition going on between status and wealth.
例如,当记者攻击富人或科技行业时,他们实际上是在争夺地位。
For example, when journalists attack rich people or, like, attack the technology industry, they're really bidding for status.
他们在说:不。
They're saying, no.
人才是更重要的,而我,作为记者,代表人民,因此我更重要。
The people are more important, and I, the journalist, represents the people, and therefore, I am more important.
问题是,通过玩这些地位游戏,为了赢得地位,你必须贬低别人。
The problem is that by playing these status games, to win that status game, you have to put somebody else down.
这就是为什么你应该在生活中避免地位游戏,因为它们会让你变得愤怒且好斗。
That's why you should avoid status games in your life because they make you into an angry combative person.
你总是在努力贬低他人,抬高自己和你所喜欢的人。
You're always fighting to put other people down, to put yourself and the people that you like up.
但这类游戏永远都会存在。
And they're always gonna exist.
这是无法避免的。
There's no way around it.
但你要明白,大多数时候,当你试图创造财富时,实际上正被人攻击,而对方却想装成道德楷模。
But just realize that most of the times when you're trying to create wealth, you're actually getting attacked by someone else, and they're trying to look like a goody two shoes.
但其实他们真正做的是,以你的代价来提升自己的地位。
But really what they're doing is they're trying to up their own status at your expense.
他们只是在玩另一种游戏,而且是更糟糕的游戏。
They're just playing a different game, and it's a worst game.
这是一个零和游戏,而不是正和游戏。
It's a zero sum game instead of a positive sum game.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。