本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我们来看看这条推文,我觉得它既神秘又非常有趣,关于你可能从事的工作或职业。
Let's look at this next tweet, which I thought was cryptic and also super interesting about the kind of job or career that you might have.
你说互联网极大地扩展了职业的可能范围。
You said the Internet has massively broadened the possible space of careers.
大多数人还没有意识到这一点。
Most people haven't figured this out yet.
互联网最根本的特性,超越任何其他单一因素,就是它将地球上每一个人彼此连接起来。
The fundamental property of the Internet, more than any other single thing, is it connects every human to each other human on the planet.
你现在可以接触到每一个人,无论是通过私人邮件联系他们,通过Twitter向他们广播,通过Facebook发布他们能找到的内容,还是通过建立一个他们访问的网站。
You can now reach everyone, whether it's by emailing them personally, whether it's by broadcasting to them on Twitter, whether it's by posting something on Facebook that they find, whether it's by putting up a website they come and access.
它将每个人与每个人连接起来。
It connects everyone to everyone.
因此,互联网是一种互联网络工具。
So the Internet is an internetworking tool.
它连接了所有人。
It connects everybody.
这就是它的超能力。
That is its superpower.
所以你要利用这一点。
So you want to use that.
这帮助你明白,无论你的观众身在多远,互联网都能让你找到他们,无论是你的产品、才华还是技能。
What that helps you figure out is that the Internet means that you can find your audience for your product or your talent and skill no matter how far away they are.
例如,插画师内纳德,如果在互联网出现之前,他想通过视频传播作品,他会怎么做呢?
For example, Nenad, who's illustrators, if he was gonna use videos pre Internet, how would he get the message out there?
他能做什么呢?
It would just be what would he do?
他只能在自己住的社区里四处奔波,用电脑或屏幕向人们展示,或者试图在当地电影院播放。
He would run around where he lives in his neighborhood, showing it to people on a computer or a screen, or he would try to get it played at his local movie theater.
这根本不可能。
It was impossible.
只有因为他能把作品放到互联网上,这才成为可能。
It only works because he can put it on the Internet.
那么,世界上真正对它感兴趣、甚至对我们在讨论的内容感兴趣并能吸收它的人有多少呢?
And then how many people in the world are really interested in it or even interested in what we're talking about are really gonna absorb it?
对吧?
Right?
这只会是人类中非常小的一部分。
It's gonna be a very small subset of humanity.
关键在于能够接触到他们。
The key is being able to reach them.
所以互联网的作用是让任何小众的痴迷成为可能,哪怕是最奇怪的东西。
So what the Internet does is allows any niche obsession, which could be just the weirdest thing.
比如,收集蛇的人、喜欢乘坐热气球的人、喜欢独自驾船环游世界的人,或者痴迷于微型烹饪的人。
It could be, like, people who collect snakes to, like, people who like to ride hot air balloons to people who like to sail around the world by themselves, just one person on a craft or someone who's obsessed with miniature cooking.
比如,日本有一种微型烹饪现象,或者有一档节目讲述一位女性走访他人家庭帮他们整理收纳。
Like, there's this whole Japanese miniature cooking phenomenon, or there's a show about a woman who goes in people's houses and tidies it up.
对吧?
Right?
所以,无论你有什么小众爱好,互联网都能让你将其扩大。
So whatever niche obsession you have, the Internet allows you to scale.
这并不是说你所打造的东西会成为下一个Facebook或吸引数十亿用户。
Now that's not to say that what you build will be the next Facebook or reach billions of users.
但如果你只是想接触到五万名像你一样热情的人,那么外面确实有你的受众。
But if you just wanna reach 50,000 passionate people like you, there's an audience out there for you.
所以,这种模式的美妙之处在于,我们这个星球上有七十亿人类。
So the beauty of this is that we have 7,000,000,000 human beings in this planet.
人类DNA的组合可能性是惊人的。
The combinatorics of human DNA are incredible.
每个人都是完全不同的。
Everyone is completely different.
你永远不可能遇到两个哪怕稍微相似到可以互相替代的人。
You'll never meet any two people who are even vaguely similar to each other that can substitute for each other.
这不像你说:‘好了,Nivi离开了我的生活,所以我可以让另一个人进来,他和Nivi一模一样,给我同样的感受、回应和想法。'
It's not like you can say, well, Nivi just left my life, so I can have this other person come in, and he's just like Nivi, and I get the same feelings, the same responses, and the same ideas.
不。
No.
人是无法替代的。
There are no substitutes for people.
每个人都是完全独特的。
People are completely unique.
因此,由于每个人拥有不同的技能、兴趣和痴迷,正是这种多样性成为了一种创造性的超级力量。
So given that each person has different skill sets, different interests, different obsessions, and it's that diversity that becomes a creative superpower.
因此,每个人都可以在自己独特的事情上表现出卓越的创造力。
So each person can be creatively superb at their own unique thing.
但以前,这并不重要。
But before, that didn't matter.
因为如果你生活在意大利的一个小渔村,你的渔村未必需要你完全独特的技能,你必须适应仅有的几种可用工作。
Because if you were living a little fishing village in Italy, like, your fishing village didn't necessarily need your completely unique skill, and you had to conform to just the few jobs that were available.
但如今,你可以完全做自己。
But now, today, you can be completely unique.
你可以上网找到你的受众,建立业务、创造产品、积累财富,仅通过互联网独特地表达自己就能让人快乐。
You can go out on the Internet and you can find your audience, and you can build a business and create a product and build wealth and make people happy just uniquely expressing yourself through the Internet.
职业空间已经被极大地拓宽了。
Space of careers has been so broadened.
电子竞技选手,你知道的,有人靠玩《堡垒之夜》赚了数百万美元。
Esports players, you know, people making millions of dollars playing Fortnite.
人们制作视频并上传,成为YouTube主播、博主、播客。
People creating videos and upload them and YouTube broadcasters, bloggers, you know, podcasters.
乔·罗根,是真是假?
Joe Rogan, read true or false?
我不知道。
I don't know.
但我读到说,他的播客每年收入约一亿美元,播放量已达二十亿次。
But I read that he's gonna make about a $100,000,000 a year on his podcast, and he's had 2,000,000,000 downloads.
就连PewDiePie,这是我前几天转发的一条搞笑推文。
Even PewDiePie this is a hilarious tweet that I retweeted the other day.
PewDiePie 是最受信任的新闻品牌。
PewDiePie is the number one trusted name in news.
这是一个我认为来自瑞典的孩子,他的新闻频道的传播量是顶级有线新闻网络的三倍,这还只是他的新闻频道,不是他的娱乐频道。
This is a kid, I think, in Sweden, and he's got three times the distribution of the top cable news networks Just on his news channel, it's not even on his entertainment channel.
互联网让任何小众兴趣只要做到最好,就能获得广泛传播。
The Internet enables any niche interest as long as you're the best at it to scale out.
好消息是,因为每个人都是独特的,每个人都在某方面最出色,做真实的自己。
And the great news is because every human is different, everyone is the best at something, you being themselves.
我还有另一条推文,值得融入进来,但之前没在这一波推文中提到,那是一条非常简单的推文。
Another tweet I have that is worth kind of weaving in but didn't go into this tweet storm was a very simple one.
我喜欢把事情简化,因为这样更容易记住,也更容易引起共鸣。
I like things when I can compress them down because they're easy to remember and easy to hook on to.
但那条推文说的是:通过真实性避开竞争。
But that one was escape competition through authenticity.
基本上,当你与他人竞争时,是因为你在模仿他们。
So, basically, when you're competing with people, it's because you're copying them.
因为你试图做同样的事情。
It's because you're trying to do the same thing.
但每个人都是不同的。
But every human is different.
别去模仿。
Don't copy.
我知道我们是模仿型生物,勒内·吉拉尔还有一整套模仿理论,但其实没那么复杂。
I know we're mimetic creatures, and Rene Girard has a whole mimesis theory, but it's much easier than that.
别去模仿。
Don't imitate.
别去抄袭。
Don't copy.
做你自己的事就好。
Just do your own thing.
没人能跟你比谁更像你自己。
No one can compete with you on being you.
就是这么简单。
It's that simple.
因此,你越真实地做自己、做你热爱的事情,你面临的竞争就越少。
And so the more authentic you are to who you are and what you love to do, the less competition you're gonna have.
所以,当你意识到没有人能比你更像你时,你就能通过真实性摆脱竞争。
So you can escape competition through authenticity when you realize that no one can compete with you on being you.
通常情况下,在互联网出现之前,这会是毫无用处的建议。
And, normally, that would have been useless advice pre Internet.
但在互联网时代,你可以把这变成一份事业。
Post Internet, you can turn that into a career.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。