本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
只需每月6英镑,即可无广告畅享完整冒险,并访问Patreon.com/ Sherlock and Co.上的更多内容。
For just £6 a month, binge ad free adventures in full and have access to so much more over at patreon.com forward slash Sherlock and Co.
上一期《福尔摩斯与伙伴》中。
Previously on Sherlock and Co.
让我看看最大一笔投注是多少,以及是哪一天?
Let me go for largest bet placed and on what day?
5美元。
$5.
天哪。
Blimey.
大赌注?
Whopper?
我的天。
Good lord.
是的。
Yeah.
他可喜欢他的马了。
He he loves his horses.
那是在星期四。
That was on a Thursday.
我可以
Could I
看看他吗?
take a look at him?
可以。
Yeah.
可以。
Yeah.
给你。
There you go.
真好。
Lovely.
是谁呢,夏洛克?
Who was it, Sherlock?
是我们那位昏昏欲睡的斯特雷克先生,琼·斯特雷克的丈夫。
It was our sleepy mister Straker, the husband of June Straker.
哦,我的意思是,这不就排除他了吗?
Oh, well, I mean, that rules him out, doesn't it?
我的意思是,如果他押了5美元赌银斑马赢,那他显然完全不知道即将发生什么。
I mean, he's if he's whacking on $5 for Silver Blaze, he clearly has no idea what's about to happen.
是的。
Yes.
如果赌注是押在银斑马上,那确实会是这样,对吧?
That would be the case, wouldn't it, if the bet was placed on Silver Blaze?
但事实并非如此。
But it wasn't.
赌注是押在他那不太出名的同厩马匹贝亚德身上。
It was placed on his lesser known stablemate, Bayard.
贝亚德。
Bayard.
他们来自做侦探工作的机构。
They're from the agency that does the detective work.
那个特工。
The the agent.
是为 Blaze 还是为 June?
For for Blaze or for June?
两者都是。
For both.
给我看看智能门铃的录像。
Show me the recording from the smart doorbell.
真的很抱歉。
I'm really sorry.
我们俩都非常抱歉。
We're both really sorry.
我只是不敢相信这事真的发生了。
Just I can't believe it happened.
我简直不敢相信,像那样的晚上,我们居然喝得那么醉。
And I can't believe, like, we were that we got that drunk on a night like that.
我正在手机上看点东西。
I'm watching something on my phone.
哦,干嘛非得往我伤口上撒盐呢?
Oh, rub it in, why don't you?
智能门铃的录像。
The smart doorbell footage.
哇。
Wow.
好吧。
Okay.
真是一部惊悚片啊。
What a thriller.
我们怎么查看波形?
How do we see the waveform?
音频的波形。
The the the waveform of the audio.
这很重要。
It's something important.
是吗?
Yeah?
太好了。
Great.
六小时的音频。
Six hours of audio.
太棒了。
Brilliant.
给我看看波形。
Show me the waveform.
我们需要看一下
We need to see
音频。
the audio.
好的。
Alright.
天哪。
Jesus Christ.
让它加载。
Let it load.
明白吗?
Okay?
这波形太平了,伙计。
It's a really flat waveform, mate.
什么都没有。
Nothing.
现在是寂静的声音。
Now it's a sound of silence.
波形证实了这一点。
The waveform confirms it.
完全的寂静。
Total silence.
你是在试图引起我对某事的注意吗?
Are you trying to draw my attention to something?
是的。
Yes.
关于夜间狗的奇怪事件。
To the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime.
夜间狗什么也没做。
The dog did nothing in the nighttime.
那
That
那就是那个奇怪的事件。
was the curious incident.
确实很奇怪。
Curious indeed.
你好啊,破案的朋友们。
Hello there, crime solving friends.
欢迎来到《银色马》冒险的最后部分。
Welcome to the final part of the adventure of Silver Blaze.
能和你们一路同行,我深感荣幸。
It's it's been an honor having you ride ride alongside me in the saddle.
不确定这种说法有没有道理,但就是这样的。
Don't know if that terminology even makes any sense, but it's yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这是最后一道障碍,最后一段赛程。
This is the the final hurdle, the final furlong.
终点线就在眼前。
The finishing post is in sight.
享受这最后一段旅程吧。
Enjoy the final ride.
当然,会有一些脏话出现。
Some swearing will occur, obviously.
如果我们这么急着要离开这个房子,你能收拾一下厨房吗?
Can Can you tidy the kitchen please if we're leaving the property so urgently?
我正在打电话。
I'm on a call.
打给谁?
To who?
现在是凌晨四点。
It's four in the morning.
加利福尼亚。
California.
什么?
What?
加利福尼亚。
California.
老兄,我们为什么要跟加利福尼亚的人说话?
Bro, why are we speaking to people in California?
等等。
Wait.
你拿着麦克风了吗?
Have you got the mic?
拿着了。
Yes.
就在旁边。
It's next to me.
我正在等一个答复
I'm waiting for an answer from
体育资本交易公司。
Sports Capital Trading.
我是莎拉。
Sarah speaking.
莎拉,你好。
Sarah, hi.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯。
Sherlock Holmes.
我一直在发邮件。
I've been emailing.
是关于《银斑》的事。
It's regarding Silver Blaze.
我知道贵公司拥有上校赛马场等众多资产。
I know your company owns Colonel Racing Stables among many other assets.
我们不接受记者的采访。
We're not talking to reporters.
我不是记者。
I'm not a reporter.
我是一名顾问侦探。
I'm a consulting detective.
好的。
Okay.
我需要知道你们和斯特雷克一家的最后往来信件。
I need to know your final correspondence from the Strakers.
我们收到了,我想是在她去世前不久收到的一封来自琼的邮件。
We got I guess we got an email from June not long before she passed.
是的。
Yeah.
她需要一些东西。
She needed something.
她需要你们的资金,对吧?
Funds from you, did she not?
是的。
Yeah.
她说银斑马受了伤,只要得到适当的治疗,就能在比赛前康复。
She said Silver Blaze had an injury and with the right medical attention, it would be fixed in time for the race.
莎拉,如果你能把这个转发给我,那就太好了。
Sarah, if you could forward that to me, that would be great.
谢谢。
Thank you.
当然。
Sure.
绝对没问题。
Absolutely.
那是什么?
What was that?
那个华生是一个叫动机的老朋友。
That Watson was an old friend called motive.
她说的是莎拉。
She said Sarah.
我有点夸张了。
I was being dramatic.
它没有叫。
It didn't bark.
如果有入侵者,它为什么没叫?
Why didn't it bark if there was an intruder?
因为它认识入侵者。
Because it it it knew it knew the intruder.
没错。
Exactly.
从技术上讲,这就意味着他们不是入侵者,不过我们稍后再谈这个。
Which would make them not an intruder technically, but we'll come to that.
往左拐。
Take this left.
更快。
It's quicker.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
因为我就是知道。
Because I do.
好吧。
Okay.
嗯。
Yeah.
但你让我紧张起来了。
But you you're putting me on edge.
明白吗?
Alright?
冷静点。
Just calm calm down.
我们必须在斯特雷克先生前往安特里之前找到他。
We must get to mister Straker before he heads to Aintree.
现在几点了?
What time is it?
仪表盘上和你手机上都写着呢,就是我没有的那个东西。
It says there on the dash and on your phone, you know, the thing that I don't have.
你的手表上也写着呢,都早上5点35分了,天哪。
And it says on your watch, it's 05:35AM for god's sake.
谢谢,华生。
Thank you, Watson.
不客气。
Pleasure.
好的。
Right.
这就是斯特雷克的农舍。
This is the Straker's farmhouse.
天啊,这真的靠近马厩,对吧?
God, it really is near the stables, isn't it?
慢点,伙计。
Slow down, mate.
求求你,记住现在是大清早,这位是位老人。
Please please just remember that it's early in the morning, and this is an elderly gentleman.
斯特雷克先生,顺便说一下,听说您妻子的事,我很难过。
Mister Straker, sorry to hear about your wife, by the way.
需要帮忙吗?
Can I help you?
但你被捕了。
But you're under arrest.
夏洛克,别,别这样。
Sherlock, don't no.
别用头锁。
Not a headlock.
求你了
Don't please
别把
don't put
他锁住头。
him in a headlock.
后门,华生。
The back door, Watson.
嗯。
Yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
放开我。
Get off me.
天哪。
Jesus Christ.
别管我,你这个放屁的。
Leave me alone, you fart.
进去吧。
In you go.
到底发生什么事了?
What the hell is going on?
我我我要报警了。
I I I'm calling the police.
真棒。
Lovely.
让他们
Let them
知道我们来了。
know we're coming.
哦,这简直太无理了。
Oh, this is bloody outrageous.
荒谬至极。
Outrageous.
斯特雷克先生,我知道您非常愤怒。
Mister Straker, I know you're very angry.
不过您能停止敲打窗户吗?
Could you could you just stop banging on the window though?
这是租赁的车辆,我得对任何损坏负责,是的。
It's a hire card and I'm I'm liable for any Yeah.
他还在敲打窗户。
He's still still banging on the window.
斯特雷克先生,您能行行好吗?
Mister Straker, can you please?
你真是可悲。
You're pathetic.
无论您以为这是什么,自以为是的义警行为都是错误的,简直疯狂至极。
Whatever you think this is, some vigilante service is misguided and downright bloody deranged.
我妻子去世了。
My wife is dead.
你明白吗?
Do you understand that?
是的,实际上。
Yes, actually.
其实这是她自找的。
Her own fault, really.
好了,到站了。
Righto, This is our stop.
真的吗?
Really?
我们所有人都要下吗?
All of us?
你干什么呢?
What are you doing?
快下车。
Out you get.
快点,别磨蹭。
Chop chop.
你到底怎么了?
What the hell is wrong with you?
我给你一个下车的机会,这可是你从我们把你塞进车里起就一直求着要的。
I'm offering you a chance to get out the vehicle, something you've been begging for since we put you in it.
我到底怎么了?
What the hell is wrong with me?
你到底怎么了?
What the hell is wrong with you?
是啊。
Yeah.
你为什么不想下车,斯特赖克先生?
Why don't you wanna get out, mister Stryker?
是因为我们到了警察局吗?
Is it because we're at the police station?
在银斑驹失踪前一天,你押了5美元赌贝亚德赢吗?
And you placed a $5 bet on Bayard the day before Silver Blaze went missing?
你们是一群妄想症患者。
You are deluded fantasists.
下车。
Get out of the car.
我会告上法庭。
I will take you to court.
听好了,就听我说一句。
Now look, just just listen to me.
求你了。
Please.
求你了。
Please.
听好了。
Listen.
我妻子被杀了。
My wife was murdered.
明白吗?
Alright?
我妻子是被菲茨罗伊·辛普森杀害的。
My wife was murdered by Fitzroy Simpson.
别碰我。
Get off me.
你好。
Hello there.
抱歉,这么早打扰你。
Sorry it's early.
我们这里有菲利普·斯特aker。
We've got Philip Straker here.
他掌握了一些关于朱恩·斯特雷克的重要信息。
He's got some important information on the June Straker
让我用我的手臂。
Let's go with my arm.
现在放开我的手臂。
Let let go of my arm now.
好的。
Okay.
嘿。
Hey.
你为什么放开他的手臂?
Why are you letting go of his arm?
他是个70岁的老人,周围都是警察。
He's a 70 year old man surrounded by police officers.
警察们。
Officers.
哦,哦,对。
Oh, Oh, yeah.
对。
Yeah.
公平。
Fair
足够了。
enough.
对。
Right.
我会联系格雷戈里督察。
I'll I'll get in touch with inspector Gregory.
是的。
Yes.
告诉他马上进来,如果他想审问我们的人,那我们也审问他的。
Tell him to come right in and tell him if he wants to question our man, then we're questioning his.
他的手下是谁?
Who's his man?
西蒙森先生,我知道这时间有点早。
I appreciate this is rather early, mister Simpson.
菲茨。
Fitz.
好的。
Okay.
菲茨,我有些问题要问。
Fitz, I have some questions.
我已经回答过了。
I've answered them.
相信我,我已经回答过了。
Believe me, I've answered them.
你认识斯特雷克一家人吗?
Do you know the Straykers?
什么意思,个人层面?
What, personally?
不,没有。
Nah.
你之前有没有任何理由相信银斑会在这次大国家赛中受伤?
Did you have any prior reason to believe that Silver Blaze would be injured for the Grand National?
受伤?
Injured?
没有。
No.
我甚至不知道她受伤了。
I didn't even know she was injured.
他,银斑,是公的。
He, Silver Blaze, is a he.
是的。
Aye.
对。
Right.
好吧。
Okay.
你得到了内幕消息,对吧?
You got a tip-off, didn't you?
是的。
I did.
你得到的内幕消息是,如果你在28号晚上非营业时间去上校赛马场,就能获得关于这场比赛的信息。
A tip-off that if you went to Colonel Racing Stables on the twenty eighth, after hours, you would receive information on the race.
没错。
Yep.
但你并没有获得那些信息,对吧?
And you didn't receive that information, did you?
我没获得。
I didn't.
我知道我得把事情办得漂亮点,就是得稍微给点钱,哄他们一下。
I knew I was supposed to sweeten the deal, you know, coax out with them a bit with a bit of dosh.
所以我给了,但他们根本不感兴趣。
So I offered it, but they didn't wanna know.
他们通过对讲机把我打发走了,或者类似的方式。
Fopped me off over the intercom or whatever.
谁给你通风报信的?
Who tipped you off?
我不知道。
I don't know.
是他们那边的人。
Someone on their account.
他们那边的人?
Their account?
你是怎么收到这个消息的?
How did you receive the tip?
我在Twitter上收到了一条私信。
I got a direct message on Twitter.
是谁发的?
Who is it from?
是殖民地赛马场发的。
From Colonel Racing Stables.
他们的Twitter账号,以前的账号,管它呢。
Their Twitter account, ex account, whatever.
对。
Right.
你告诉警察了吗?
Have you have you told the police that?
说了。
Yeah.
他们说是我黑了账号,伪造了邀请,好让我能解释为什么大半夜跑到这鸟不拉屎的地方。
And they said I hacked the account to make it look like I was invited to back up my reason for visiting in the middle of the bloody night in the arse end of nowhere.
对。
Right.
天哪。
For god's sake.
菲茨,听我说,仔细听好了,因为只有我们能帮你摆脱这个麻烦。
Fitz, listen to me and listen closely because we're the only people that can get you out of this mess.
你是在告诉我实话吗?
Are you telling me the truth?
是的。
I am.
你还有什么隐瞒的吗?
Are you hiding anything?
没有。
I'm not.
我以上帝的名义发誓。
Honest to God.
我没有杀死朱内斯特雷克。
I did not kill Joonestraker.
没有。
No.
你没有。
You didn't.
但我知道谁干的。
But I know who did.
好吧。
Okay.
所以你加入我们。
So you join us.
嗯,你稍后加入我。
Well, you join me sometime later.
警方目前还没有关于菲利普斯·斯特雷克先生的消息,但我们现在正在格洛斯特的M5高速公路服务区。
No word from the police yet on mister Phillips Straker, but we are currently at a motorway service station in Gloucester on the M 5.
我已经开了将近两个小时了。
Been been driving for about a little under two hours.
现在还很早,我依然很累。
Still pretty early, and I'm still pretty knackered.
说实话,现在发生的事几乎没什么道理。
So very little makes sense right now, I'll be honest.
我假设这对夏洛克有意义,或者至少我希望如此。
I'm assuming it does to Sherlock or at least I'm hoping it does.
为什么我会坐在格洛斯特服务区的一辆租车里?
Why am I sat in a hire car at a service station in Gloucester?
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
嗯,实际上,希望是这个家伙。
Well, actually, hopefully, this guy.
好的。
Right.
搞定了。
All done.
怀疑得到了证实。
Suspicions confirmed.
有
There's
你的手机。
your phone.
你什么意思?什么?
What do you how what?
什么?
What?
你怎么会在格洛斯特的高速公路服务区找到我的手机?
How did you find my phone at a motorway service station in Gloucester?
我追踪到了。
I tracked it.
好的。
Okay.
什么?怎么?怎么会在这里?
What what how how did what what why was it here?
因为我把它放在了我在马普顿马厩遇到的那匹无名马的马鞍里。
Because I it into the saddle of the unnamed horse I met at Mapleton Stables.
夏洛克,我有点没听懂,什么?
Sherlock, I can't quite What?
一颗星。
One star.
什么?
What?
一颗星是什么意思?
What's one star?
她给了我一个该死的一星评价。
She she's given me a bloody one star review on Airbnb.
我可是给了她五星好评,天哪,浴室里还有潮气。
I I gave her five stars for god's sake and there was damp in the bathroom.
她连Netflix都没有,真是见鬼。
She didn't even have Netflix for fuck.
哦,来了。
This oh, here we go.
来了。
Here we go.
这是她说的话。
This is what she said.
这位客人起初看起来礼貌而随和,但违反了多项规定,包括移动家具。
This guest seemed polite and courteous at first but broke a number of rules including moving the furniture.
这是你的错。
That's your fault.
为了好事。
For good.
我丢了一些装饰品。
I am missing decorative ornaments.
太棒了。
Brilliant.
太棒了。
Brilliant.
谢谢,老兄。
Thanks, mate.
这位客人还在浴室水槽上留下了很多黑漆。
The guest also left black paint all over the bathroom sink.
我的意思是,抱歉。
I mean, sorry.
她到底在说什么?
What what is she on about?
我可没说弄得满处都是。
I wouldn't say I left it all over.
这有点夸张了。
That's a tad dramatic.
你不会什么
You wouldn't what
你做了什么?
did you do?
我洗了手。
I washed my hands.
你当时在场。
You were there.
那你为什么要把手上的黑漆洗掉?
And why why are you washing black paint off your hands?
因为手上沾了黑色染料,我不想再留着了。
Because black dye was on my hands and I didn't want it on there anymore.
展开剩余字幕(还有 350 条)
很好。
Great.
谢谢。
Thanks.
嗯。
Yeah.
你知道,这把一切都解释清楚了。
You know, that that clears everything up.
太棒了。
Excellent.
我在说反话。
I'm being sarcastic.
啊。
Ah.
没捡起来。
Didn't pick it up.
抱歉。
Apologies.
总之,黑色染料现在全都没了。
Anyway, black dye is all gone now.
嗯。
Yeah.
在水槽里。
In the sink.
对。
Right.
是的。
Yes.
我是说实际上是为了大日子。
I meant actually for the big day.
为了大日子。
For the big day.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
什么是大日子?
What is the big day?
大国民赛。
Grand National.
谁要去大国民赛?
Who's going to the Grand National?
前往艾恩特里赛马场的路线,继续行驶37英里至M5公路。
Route to Aintree Race Course, continue onto M 5 for 37 miles.
哦,你是在逗我吧。
Oh, you are joking me.
欢迎来到2024年大国民赛。
Welcome to the twenty twenty four Grand National.
今年的比赛将会多么精彩啊。
And what a race it will be this year.
人群像往常一样涌向这场英国赛马的宏伟盛会。
Crowds flocking as they always do to this mighty showcase of British horse racing.
如果你亲临热闹的安特里赛马场,观看这场重头戏——大国民赛。
If you join us live at the bustling Aintree Race Course for the main event, the Grand National.
这场障碍赛历史悠久,而今年更是充满了神秘色彩。
The steeplechase steeped in history, and this year steeped very much in mystery.
欢迎来到本次大国民赛的入场环节。
So welcome to Grand National here in entry.
我们这里有一些实力强劲的马匹。
We've got a few big horses here.
我觉得贝亚德状态绝佳。
I think Bayard looks immaculate.
我认为皇家英雄必须引起我们的注意,因为他速度很快。
I think Royal Hero is gonna be we gotta watch him today because he is quick.
他们作为骑师确实进步了很多,而且
They've really developed as race riders, and that
这很不一样。
is different.
通往Grand National的通道来了,人群已经开始聚集。
Here comes the walkway into the Grand National, and the crowds are already building.
进入赛马场的交通简直拥堵至极,而且应该会
The traffic is absolutely massive getting into the course, and it should be
非常精彩。
fantastic.
是的。
Yes.
欢迎来到利物浦。
Welcome to Liverpool.
欢迎来到Grand National,世界上最著名的障碍赛马赛。
Welcome to Grand National, the most famous steeplechase in the world.
这项赛事对利物浦这座城市意味着什么。
The race means for the city of Liverpool.
它不仅仅是一场体育赛事。
It isn't just a sporting event.
你知道,我们并不是在寻找世界上最伟大的比赛。
You know, not looking for the greatest greatest race in the world.
所以如果你没有参赛,你就不可能赢。
So if you're not in, you can't win.
英国国家障碍赛马赛已经变了,不是吗?
The Grand National's changed, hasn't it?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,它现在已经成为一项现代的全国性赛事了。
I mean, it's a modern day national now.
这是一场非常激烈的让磅赛。
It's it's a red hot handicap.
这场比赛中有很多高水平的马匹。
Plenty of class in the race.
显然,地面越快通常越好。
Obviously, quicker ground usually.
你需要能够保持节奏,
You need be you need to be able to lay up in
显然,这一年对不仅仅是
a Obviously, it's been a tremendously difficult year, not for not just
对Kernel赛马厩而言,而且对所有
for Kernel racing stables, but for all
马术界来说都极其艰难。
of for for the horse racing community.
这真是非常非常艰难的一年。
It's been very, very difficult.
而今天的意义在于纪念,但它
And and today is about is about remembering, but it's
也是关于向前看,我认为。
also about moving on, I think.
马匹死亡是系统固有的部分。
The horse deaths are built into the system.
这些马会继续死去,而赛马终将终结。
These horses will keep dying and total horse racing ends.
我认为这是
I think it's
这是赛马迷疗愈的一天。
a day for horse racing fans to heal.
我认为这同时也是
I think it's also a
是让他们出来,哪怕满身血污也要尽情享受的一天。
day for them to come out bloody enjoy themselves.
它们是当前的热门候选,皇家英雄也位居前列。
They are the current favorite royal hero also right up there.
你也会在你的图表上看到。
You'll see on your graphic as well.
银斑,当然,他上个月在利物浦市政厅通过了称重检查。
Silver Blaze, he does qualify, of course, for weighing in just last month in Liverpool City Hall.
但正如我们所知,他仍然下落不明,不会出场。
But as we all know, he is still not found and will not feature.
你在这儿。
There you are.
人真多,不是吗?
Rather crowded, isn't it?
是的。
Yeah.
是啊。
It is.
你去哪儿了?
Where did you go?
我其实是去下注了。
I went to place a bet, actually.
我对这一场很有信心。
Got Got a good feeling about this one.
好的。
Right.
是啊。
Yeah.
嗯,那我们当中就有一个这么想了。
Well, that makes one of us.
别担心,华生。
Don't worry, Watson.
一切很快就会明朗的。
Everything will come into focus soon enough.
我们不如现在就把它弄清楚?
How about we bring it into focus right now?
这是一个选项吗?
Is is that an option?
嗯,我不愿破坏这一刻。
Well, I wouldn't want to spoil the moment.
而且,还有太多事情要处理,会变得一团糟。
Plus, there's so much to get into, it'll get ever so messy.
对。
Right.
至少让我们试一试,好吗?
Let's at least let's at least try, shall we?
到底发生了什么?
What is going on?
你为什么会在格洛斯特找到我的手机?
Why did you find my phone in Gloucester?
我们为什么要把一个七十多岁的男人绑架,然后扔到警察局?
Why did we abduct a man in his seventies and chuck him out at a police station?
为什么因为我家墙上那该死的黑漆,我在Airbnb上得到了一星差评?
And why have I got a one star review on Airbnb because of some black bloody paint?
染料?
Dye?
哦,黑色染料。
Oh, black dye.
随便吧。
Whatever.
还记得我们刚到金斯皮兰的时候吗?
Remember when we first arrived at King's Pyland?
我们走错路了。
We took a wrong turn.
好吧。
Okay.
嗯。
Yeah.
谷歌说要右转。
Google said to go right.
我并没有质疑你的路线。
I'm not disputing your course.
你还记得吗?
Do you remember it?
记得。
Yes.
我们被一群羊挡住了。
We got stuck behind some sheep.
是的。
Yeah.
斯特雷克先生的羊。
Mister Straker's sheep.
它们走得相当慢。
They were rather slow.
它们走得慢是因为有三只羊瘸了。
They were slow because three of them were lame.
为什么斯特雷克夫妇会忽视他们的羊呢?
Why would the Strakers be neglecting their sheep?
这是一个问题。
That's one question.
但他们的羊为什么会一开始就会跛脚呢?
But why would their sheep be limping in the first place?
我真的不太了解羊,伙计。
I I don't really know all that much about sheep, mate.
这是最新的赛马新闻。
Here, the latest racing post.
看看这场赛马的热门马。
See the favorite for this race.
贝亚德。
Bayard.
Bayard,第二热门。
Bayard, the second favorite.
如果你在不为公众所知的情况下让银斑消失,你可以在赔率有利时把赌注转移到Bayard身上。
If you were to take Silver Blaze out of the picture unbeknownst to the wider public, you could shift your money to Bayard while the odds were favorable.
让他消失。
Take him out of the picture.
白内障手术刀。
The cataract knife.
为什么琼·斯特赖克会带着这么小的刀片,华生?
Why was June Stryker equipped with such a small blade, Watson?
因为她已经准备好行动,准备在大国家赛前伤害银斑,然后从不太起眼的Bayard身上获利。
Because she was ready to make her move, ready to injure Silver Blaze ahead of the Grand National and cash in on the less fancy Bayard.
他们知道,如果银斑回到马厩后表现出受伤迹象,当地的流言就会四起。
They knew if Silver Blaze showed signs of injury back at the stables, the local rumor mill would churn.
Bayard的赔率会缩短。
The odds on Bayard would shorten.
他们提前下了所有赌注,甚至在前一天就把最后一笔积蓄拿去当地投注站下了注。
They placed all their bets beforehand, even taking the last of their cash savings to the local betting shop the day before.
更重要的是,作为体育资本交易的拥有者,他们在银斑失踪和她本人死亡前几分钟收到了来自朱恩·斯特赖克的邮件,请求紧急资金用于医疗,以确保他能参加全国最盛大的赛事。
What's more, sports capital trading, the owners, they received an email from June Stryker moments before the disappearance of Silver Blaze and her own death requesting urgent funds for medical care to ensure he could run-in the nation's most high profile race.
天啊。
God.
那三只羊成了试验品。
The three sheep became guinea pigs.
它们的脚上被白内障手术刀狠狠刺了一刀。
They received a sharp stab to their feet with the cataract knife.
伤口小到肉眼难以察觉,但肌肉和组织已被刺穿撕裂,需要数周才能愈合。
A wound so small it would be imperceptible to the naked eye, but the muscle and tissue would be punctured and torn, taking weeks to repair.
羊只几乎没有出血迹象,却表现出明显的行动受限。
The sheep showed little signs of bleeding and adequate signs of immobility.
就这样,彩排取得了成功。
And with that, the dress rehearsal was a success.
该上演主节目了。
Time for the main performance.
还有什么比菲茨罗伊·辛普森更好的暖场嘉宾呢?他是个机会主义者,回应了琼在线发给他的一个诱人的内幕消息。
And what better warm up acts than Fitzroy Simpson, an opportunistic gambler responding to the dangling carrot of a tip-off sent to him by June online.
在他到来之前,她已经给负责观察斋戒的马厩主管和马术经理提供了一些庆祝用的酒,而我们知道,他们喝下了这些酒。
Before his arrival, she had provided her Lent observing stable master and equestrian manager with some celebratory booze, and as we know, they took it.
菲茨罗伊·辛普森被拒之门外,引发了一场满嘴脏话的醉酒争吵,而琼随后离开去检查马匹,这一点后来被报告了。
Fitzroy Simpson was turned away in a foul mouthed boozy shouting match, and June later left to check on the horses as would later be reported.
当然,还有我们那位好奇的狗朋友。
And, of course, our curious dog friend.
狗见到她时只发出了一声顺从的呜咽,那种狗对主人常有的声音。
The dog greeted her with nothing more than a submissive whimper, the kind that such dogs do to their masters.
为了制造闯入的假象,她用钢锯锯断了门栓,然后把它扔进了干草堆里。
To make it look like a break in, she cut the bolt with a hacksaw and chucked it in the hay.
上面没有发现指纹,但在她身上发现了铁屑。
No prints were found on it, but iron filings were found on her.
她把银斑带入黑暗中,那黑暗将吞噬他的嘶鸣与痛苦的呼喊,当白内障手术刀刺穿他坚实马蹄的软垫时,撕裂了韧带、关节和肌腱,深入至坚硬的骨骼,穿透厚厚的肉垫与肌肉,使其变得粉碎、破裂并失去功能。
She took silver blaze out into the darkness, a darkness that would swallow his whinnies and cries of pain and distress as the cataract knife would pierce the cushion of his sold hoof, splitting open ligaments, joints, and tendons, burrowing up to solid bone, penetrating through thick bulbs of flesh and muscle that would be rendered, ruptured, and useless.
可怜的家伙。
Poor guy.
也不尽然。
Well, not so.
不尽然?
Not so?
他挺好的。
He's doing alright.
你见过他。
You met him.
记得吗?
Remember?
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
哇哦。
Woah.
天哪?
What on earth?
怎么这么热闹?
What is all the excitement?
某个上流人士把苹果酒洒在了他的红色灯芯绒长裤上之类的。
Some posh plant has spilled cider on his red chinos or something.
他们刚发现银斑马其实活下来了。
They've just discovered that Silver Blaze did make it after all.
天哪。
Oh my god.
黑色染料。
The black dye.
马普尔顿马厩。
Mapleton stables.
虽然他们是银焰及其马群的竞争对手,但首先是对马术充满热爱的人。
A rival to Silverblaze and his stablemates, yes, but lovers of all things equestrian first and foremost.
他们在荒原上找到了银焰,知道他面临威胁,便将他藏了起来,甚至将他标志性的白色头部染黑。
They found Silverblaze on the moors, and knowing he was under threat, they concealed him, even dying his iconic white head.
那个社群确实是。
That community was yeah.
如果他们有什么比胜负更在意的,那就是马匹。
If there's one thing they care about more than their successes and failures, it's the horses.
可当他们鞭打马匹跑200码时,可看不出这一点。
Well, it doesn't look like it when they're whipping them for 200 yards.
天啊。
God.
看看他。
Look at him.
世界上最著名的马就这样悠闲地踱步,好像什么都没发生过。
The most famous horse in the world just trotting about like nothing's happened.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他们怎么还能允许这种情况发生?
How are they even letting it happen?
取消一匹已经合格的马的资格。
Disqualify an already qualified horse.
拜托,伙计。
Come on, mate.
求你了。
Please.
我认为他们更愿意接受银斑马,享受这千载难逢的宣传,你不这么觉得吗?
I think they'd much rather accept Silver Blaze and bask in this once in a generation publicity, don't you?
你
You
把我的手机放在他的马鞍里,好跟踪他。
put my phone in his saddle so you could track him.
我确实这么做了。
I did indeed.
然后还当着我的面撒谎?
And then lied to my face about it?
我没有。
I didn't.
我隐瞒了。
I concealed it.
隐瞒真相。
Concealing the truth.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这种事挺多的。
There's a lot of that on.
他要参赛。
He's gonna race.
他真的要参赛。
He's actually gonna race.
他确实会。
He certainly is.
他们出发了,参加2024年大国民赛。
And they are off for the twenty twenty four Grand National.
赛马们沿着围墙冲向第一个障碍,共有30个障碍。
The runners stream down the walls to the first of 30 fences.
贝亚德和说话者亚瑟率先领先。
Bayard and speak up Arthur first to get ahead.
复仇之鹰和拳击王子也紧随其后。
Hawker's Revenge and Punch Prince right up there as well.
赛场上中央位置的是高飞者和幽灵女孩。
Prominent in the center of the racecourse is High Flyer and Ghost Girl.
然而,所有人的目光都集中在银光身上,他们冲过了第一个障碍。
All eyes, though, on Silver Glaze, and they take the first.
银光绊了一下。
A stumble from Silver Glaze.
辛巴阳光摔倒了,贝亚德扩大了早期的领先优势。
Simba Sunshine is down, and Bayard stretches that early lead.
贝亚德和幽灵女孩领先,冲向第二个障碍。
On towards the second with Bayard and Ghost Girl leading.
AJ安纳海姆摔倒了。
AJ Anaheim is down.
Bayard领先,紧随其后的是Ghost Girl,然后是High Flyer和Royal Hero,接着是Morning Thunder。
And it's Bayard followed by Ghost Girl followed by High Flyer and Royal Hero, then Morning Thunder.
Punch Prince和Speak Up Arthur。
Punch Prince and Speak Up Arthur.
在后方,Silver Blaze和Orca's Revenge,Hazy Daisy在跳过沟渠时跌至第四位。
Towards the back, Silver Blaze and Orca's Revenge, and Hazy Daisy falls to the fourth as they jump the ditch.
Luxion未能成功落地。
Luxion doesn't land it.
Silver Blaze成功落地,并继续疾驰。
Silver Blaze does and still races on.
Bayard领先,High Flyer紧随其后,接着是Ghost Girl和Royal Hero。
Bayard leads with High Flyer just behind, followed by Ghost Girl and Royal Hero.
Speak Up Arthur在内道表现尚可,Winter Star和Fallen Kingdom紧随其后,他们正准备跳过下一个障碍。
Speak Arthur on the inside is going okay with winter star and fallen kingdom in behind as they jump the next.
领先者们已安全越过。
The leaders are safely over.
燃烧的炼狱已消失,拳王王子摔倒了。
Burning limbo is gone, and punch prince takes a tumble.
银斑马内侧超越了落王国。
Silver Blaze moves to the inside behind fallen kingdom.
但他仍不放弃。
Still, he won't give in.
看起来博比·迪诺被拉停了,而贝亚德轻松跃过下一个栏杆。
Looks like Bobby Dino is pulled up as Bayard takes the next fence without trouble.
幽灵女孩位居第二,皇家英雄第三,高飞者跌至第四,冬星第五,落王国也是第五,银斑马紧随其后,距离仅数个马身,他们正穿过艾恩特里桥。
Ghost girl in second, royal hero in third, high flyer falling back to fourth, winter star in fifth, then Fallen Kingdom's fifth, and silver blaze who's within a couple of lengths as they make their way across the Aintree Bridge crossing.
更靠后的位置是拳王王子、鲸鱼复仇号和六月宝贝,夏之黎明与紫迪斯科殿后。
Further back, it's Punch Prince, Orca's Revenge, and June Baby with Summer Dawn and Purple Disco at the rear.
银光现在正努力追赶前三名,超越高飞者升至第四位。
Silverglaze is now trying to get on terms with the front three as he moves past High Flyer into fourth.
贝亚德保持领先,幽灵女孩与皇家英雄并驾齐驱紧随其后,他们开始转向回家的左弯,朝第二个桅杆前进。
Bayard keeps control with Ghost Girl and Royal Hero neck and neck in behind as they begin the left hand turn for home towards the second mast.
Bayard 和 Ghost Girl 被 Silverglaze 追赶,而后者在内侧被挤出。
Bayard and Ghost Girl, Royal Hero chased by Silverglaze, who's crowded out on the inside.
空气突破两个对
The air breaks two for
在终点处,Silver Blaze 不顾一切地冲到外侧。
the end in the natural as Silver Blaze throws caution to the wind and moves to the outside.
Bayard、Coast Guard 和 Royal Hero 跳过了障碍,Silver Blaze 也成功越过。
Bayard, Coast Guard, and Royal Hero make the fence as does Silver Blaze.
这四匹马之间的差距正在缩小,而 Feyard 开始乏力。
The gap between these four closing as Feyard starts to weaken.
全国赛的最后一个障碍,
The final fence in the national,
最后是 Bayard、Royal Hero 和 Silver Blaze,Ghost Girl 落后了。
and it's Bayard, Royal Hero, and Silver Blaze as Ghost Girl falters.
他们接近拐角处,Bayard 保持领先。
They're approaching the elbow as Bayard holds the lead.
银斑与皇家英雄并驾齐驱,位居第二。
Silver Blaze is neck and necking second with Royal Hero.
银斑现在切入内侧,奋力超越至第二位。
Silver Blaze now through to the inside to push into second.
贝亚德领先,银斑发起最后冲刺。
Bayard leads as Silver Blaze makes one last move.
这两匹马彼此紧逼,向左方冲去。
These two horses pushing each other right to the left.
贝亚德撑不住了。
Bayard can't hold it.
银斑从内侧逼近。
Silver Blaze is coming on the inside.
莱昂已落伍,银斑取得领先。
Leion is no more, and Silver Blaze leads.
银斑领先了。
Silver Blaze has the lead.
这简直是个童话。
It's a fairy tale.
这真是个童话。
It is a fairy tale.
银斑赢得了全国大赛。
Silver Blaze has won the Grand National.
天啊,我从没见过你这么得意。
God, I don't think I've ever seen you look this smug.
我的意思是,我见过你得意,但这次真是不一样。
I mean, I've seen you look smug, but this is this is something else.
这几天挺有意思的,对吧?
Been a rather fun few days, hasn't it?
嗯,是啊。
Well, yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我本希望能被更多地告知情况。
Would've would've preferred being kept a little bit more in the loop.
这有助于我的工作流程。
It helps my process.
我知道。
I know.
我知道。
I know.
我知道。
I know.
让想法慢慢酝酿。
Let the thoughts stew.
没错。
Exactly.
不过,你知道的,我并不是想把你脸上那副自满的笑容抹掉。
However and, you know, look, I I don't mean to wipe the big smug smile off your face.
嗯。
Mhmm.
只是有个小问题,哦,就这些。
There's just a a wee question of oh, that's it.
是的。
Yeah.
谁谋杀了琼·斯特克尔?
Who murdered June Straker?
你知道,这是我们接手这个案子的主要原因之一。
You know, one of the main reasons we took on the case.
他就在你身后。
He's behind you.
真好笑。
Very funny.
现在就演滑稽剧是不是太早了,夏洛克。
It's bit early for panto, Sherlock.
不。
No.
认真的。
Serious.
什么?
What?
凶手在你身后。
The murderer is behind you.
骑师?
The jockey?
不是。
Nope.
克莱尔·鲍尔丁?
Claire Boulding?
不是。
No.
那个在起点留着八字胡的家伙?
That bloke with the handlebar on the start?
不是。
No.
也不是那个家伙。
Not that bloke either.
脖子上围着花、戴着皮鞍、长着黑色长尾、四条腿的那个。
The one with the flowers around his neck and the leather saddle, long black tail, four legs.
抱歉。
Sorry.
抱歉。
Sorry.
罗伊,停下。
Roy, stop.
停下。
Stop.
停下。
Stop.
停下。
Stop.
停下。
Stop.
停下。
Stop.
怎么了?
What's wrong?
你是在告诉我银斑马谋杀了朱恩·斯特雷肯?
You're telling me Silver Blaze murdered June Straken?
是的。
Yes.
我就是在告诉你这件事。
I am telling you that.
不过,实际上,是你告诉我的。
Although, really, it was you that told me.
你只是没把事情联系起来,而我做到了。
You just didn't put it together and I did.
我们去喝一杯吧?
Shall we grab a drink?
你能对着麦克风再说一遍吗?请让大家都听听,你这话有多疯狂。
Can you just can you say it into the microphone, please, so everyone can hear how insane you sound?
银斑马谋杀了朱恩·斯特赖克。
Silver Blaze murdered June Stryker.
哦,天啊。
Oh, god.
哦,我不确定我是睡眠不足,还是已经彻底疯了。
Oh, I don't know if I'm sleep deprived or if I've just completely lost it.
怎么了?
What's wrong?
我们先冷静一下。
Let's just slow down.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
马?什么?
Horses, what?
你一直都在警告我它们具有杀人能力。
You've been warning me of their murderous capabilities capabilities this whole time.
他就是一匹马。
He is a horse.
是的。
Yes.
一匹马在受惊时会做出的正常反应。
A horse doing what a horse does when alarmed.
朱娜抓住了它的后腿,试图用白内障刀伤害它,然后她就被击中了。
June grabbed his hind leg, attempted to injure him with a cataract knife, and then she was struck.
一股2000磅每平方英寸的力,裹着钢甲,以每小时200英里的速度击中她的头颅。
A force of 2,000 psi, steel clad, and propelled at her skull at 200 miles an hour.
差点把她的头直接炸飞。
It nearly took her head clean off.
头骨碎成六块,牙齿被炸出嘴外,下颌仅剩一线相连。
Skull ruptured into six pieces, teeth blown out her mouth, jaw hanging by a thread.
你自己也说过。
You said it yourself.
别站在马的后面。
Don't go behind the horse.
绝对不要跪下来试图伤害它们。
Certainly don't kneel down in an attempt to harm them.
她被一匹血淋淋的马杀死了。
She was killed by a bloody horse.
没错。
Yep.
而格雷戈里探长接近了真相,但错了。
And inspector Gregory is close, but wrong.
那不是字母 's'。
It wasn't an s.
那是数字 '5'。
It was a five.
鞋码。
Shoe size.
马蹄铁尺寸为五。
Horseshoe size five.
他是被一匹该死的马杀死了。
He was killed by a bloody horse.
喝一杯吗?
Drink?
好。
Yes.
但你得把走私者的表现收敛一点。
But, you will have to tone down the smugglers.
太自满了?
Too smug?
太、太自满了。
Way, way too smug.
我很少打赌,所以我觉得这种自满是合理的。
Well, I very rarely bet, so I think the smugness is warranted.
你说什么?
You what?
我的赌注赢了。
My bet came in.
你
You
赌的是银器。
bet on silver plate.
看在上帝的份上,是我。
For god's sake, me.
收银员差点笑把我赶出安特里赛马场,但他们还是接受了。
The cashier almost laughed me out of Aintree Race Course, but they accepted it.
现在谁在笑呢?
Who's laughing now?
你这个混蛋。
You bastard.
你为什么不告诉我?
Why didn't you tell me?
我本可以押注这个的。
I could have put money on that.
那你信得过我吗?
Well, would you have believed me?
不信。
No.
大概不会。
Probably not.
好吧,这就对了。
Well, there you go.
不过,这不行。
Still, that is not on.
你知道我手头很紧。
You know I'm strapped for cash.
我本可以赚一大笔钱。
I could have made a shit ton.
我觉得你没那个胆量。
I don't think you would have had the nerve.
哦,没那个胆量?
Oh, wouldn't have had the nerve.
得了吧。
Come on.
几率有多大?
What were the odds?
我不会告诉你的。
I'm not telling you.
告诉我吧?
Tell me?
不行。
Nope.
现在告诉我几率,不然我就要
Tell the odds now or I'll get
不行。
Nope.
闭嘴。
Shut up.
闭
Shut
闭嘴。
Shut up.
她被马杀死了。
She was killed by a horse.
我们生活的这个世界啊,各位。
What a world we live in, folks.
希望你们喜欢这次冒险。
I hope you enjoyed that adventure.
别跟我扯淡说这分成四部分。
Don't give me bollocks about it being four parts.
欢迎来到播客的激励结构。
Welcome to the incentivized structure of podcasting.
你知道,我没有创建这个行业。
You know, I I didn't build this industry.
我只是在这个行业里运作。
I just operate in it.
如果你想要东西,你喜欢这些东西吗?
If you want stuff, do you like stuff?
好吧,如果你真的喜欢这些东西,就去 sherlock and co dot co dot u k,访问我们全新的商店。
Well, if you if you do like stuff, go to sherlock and co dot co dot u k and go to our brand new shop.
尽情购买独家首发的 Sherlock and co T恤、马克杯、贴纸、徽章、手机支架,还有海量海量的东西。
Get your fill of an exclusive initial run of Sherlock and co t shirts, mugs, stickers, pin badges, pop sockets, loads and loads and loads of stuff.
东西。
Stuff.
这个片尾真的跑偏了。
This outro's really gone off the rails.
再见。
Bye bye.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。