本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
工艺体现在细微之处,比如咖啡的冲泡方式,也体现在不那么细微的地方,比如你的资金如何被呵护。
Craft matters in small ways, like how a coffee is brewed, and in not so small ways, like how your money is cared for.
因此,一百六十年来,瑞银将银行业提升为一门工艺。
Which is why for one hundred and sixty years, UBS has elevated banking to a craft.
量身定制融合人类专业知识与最新技术的独特策略。
Tailoring unique strategies that combine human expertise with the latest technologies.
这一切在全球24个时区和12个主要金融中心同步进行。
All happening across 24 time zones and 12 key financial hubs.
而你,始终是这一切的核心。
With you at the heart of it all.
瑞银。
UBS.
银行业是我们的工艺。
Banking is our craft.
你正在收听《TED每日演讲》,我们每天为你带来新思想,激发你的好奇心。
You're listening to TED Talks Daily, where we bring you new ideas to spark your curiosity every day.
我是主持人伊莉丝·胡。
I'm your host, Elise Hu.
无论你的信仰如何,我们都可以说,为了为我们自己、我们的社区和这个星球创造一个更美好的未来,我们需要在各个层面进行系统性变革。
Regardless of your faith, it feels safe to say we need systemic change at all levels to work towards a better future for ourselves, our communities, and this planet.
在这场精彩的演讲中,生态未来学家塔里克·阿勒·奥莱米分享了他如何通过回归精神智慧,帮助人们成就最好的自己。
In this beautiful talk, ecological futurist Tariq al Olaymi shares how he helps people rise to their best selves by turning to spiritual wisdom.
他探讨了那些在气候运动中常被忽视的信仰社群,如何提供强大的工具,帮助人们以道德勇气、韧性和精神指南针应对环境崩溃。
He explores how faith communities often overlooked in the climate movement offer powerful tools for navigating environmental collapse with moral courage, resilience, and a spiritual compass.
当地球要求一个物种成熟时,它会发出一种声音。
There is a sound the planet makes when it asks a species to grow up.
你能听到它在你内心响起吗?
Can you hear it inside of you?
许多信仰传统认为,在关键时刻,会出现两条道路:一条是收缩之路,另一条是进化之路。
Many faith traditions teach that at thresholds, two paths appear, one of contraction and one of evolution.
今天,我们八十亿人正站在人类迄今为止最重要的转折点上。
Today, 8,000,000,000 of us stand at humanity's most consequential threshold yet.
这些时刻以多种不同的形式出现。
And these moments arrive in many different forms.
是家庭被迫因海平面上升而放弃沿海家园。
It's the families forced to abandon coastal homes because of sea level rise.
是社区眼睁睁看着数十年的回忆化为灰烬。
It's communities watching decades of memories reduce to ash.
是老年人因账单上涨而不得不在制冷和吃饭之间做出选择。
It's elderly couples choosing between cooling or eating because of rising bills.
这些都是我在过去一年中亲眼目睹的真实经历。
These are real experiences I've witnessed in the past year.
当政治领袖做出气候决策,随意将数十亿人的生命视为可抛弃的,也许你也曾在心中感到一阵窒息, wondering:未来还会需要我吗?
And as political leaders make climate decisions that arbitrarily mark billions of lives as disposable, perhaps you've also felt that catch in your chest when wondering, will the future still want me?
这就是门槛所带来的感受。
This is what thresholds can feel like.
一边是损失的回响,另一边则是闪耀的可能性。
Loss resonating on one side, yet luminous possibility on the other.
这些气候临界点确实反映了我们个人的临界点。
And these climate thresholds do mirror our personal ones.
是那突如其来的诊断结果。
It's the unexpected diagnosis.
是挚爱之人的离世。
It's the loss of a loved one.
是那条突然被截断的道路。
It's the path that suddenly closes.
每一次,它们都在问我们:当一切我们所熟知的事物崩塌时,我们会成为怎样的人?
Each and every single time, they ask us, who will we become when everything we know unravels?
而今天,我想和你们探讨的,不仅是一个环境挑战,更是一种邀请。
And this is what I want to explore with you today, not just an environmental challenge, but an invitation.
即使在崩溃诱惑我们走向自我保全时,我们是否仍能挺身而出,成为最好的自己?
Can we all still rise to our best selves, even when collapse tempts us towards self preservation?
多年来,我一直认为气候危机主要关乎技术和系统性的解决方案。
Now, for years, I believed the climate emergency was primarily about technical and systemic solutions.
但在受灾社区中,我发现那些展现出最深层韧性的人,依靠的是更根本的东西。
But in devastated communities, I found that those demonstrating the deepest resilience drew on something more fundamental.
那是代代相传的精神智慧。
It was spiritual wisdom cultivated across generations.
在每一个灾难现场,我都发现了一个图表未曾捕捉到的模式。
In each disaster zone, I found a pattern the charts had missed.
那就是我们周围无处不在的精神基础设施。
It was the spiritual infrastructure all around us.
教堂的地下室、清真寺的庭院、锡克教寺庙烹制成吨的免费扁豆,维系着社区,直到正式援助到来。
Church basements, mosque courtyards, sikuduaries cooking tons of free dal that kept communities together until formal aid arrived.
是的,水泵至关重要,但必须有人相信陌生人也值得拥有这些水。
Yes, water pumps are vital, but someone must believe that strangers deserve that water.
正如我逐渐了解和领悟的那样,信仰实际上关乎心灵的后勤。
Faith, as I've come to learn and realize, is actually about the logistics of the heart.
这些传统并非遗迹,而是韧性活生生的实验室。
These traditions aren't relics, but living laboratories of resilience.
他们的仪式并非迷信,而是在正常系统失效时传递勇气的社会电路。
Their rituals aren't superstition, but social circuitry routing courage when normal circuits fail.
科学可以给我们数字,政策可以给我们法律,但你知道,数字无法安慰风暴中挣扎的孩子,法律也不是我们在葬礼上默念的祷词。
Science can give us the numbers, policy can give us the laws, but you know that the numbers don't comfort fighting children in a storm, and laws aren't the prayers that we speak at funerals.
在过去十年里,我非常幸运地与全球信仰团体合作,共同应对气候变化,从陆地到海洋恢复生态系统。
For the past decade, I've been very fortunate enough to work with global coalitions of faith communities confronting climate change and restoring ecosystems from land to ocean.
今天,我想与大家分享一些我从这些传统中学到的洞见,关于我们如何才能成为最好的自己。
And today, I'd like to share just a few of these insights of what I learned from these traditions about how we might rise to our best selves.
实际上,我已经向你们分享了第一个洞见。
And I've actually already shared the first one with you.
那就是,信仰就像一个崩溃的导航系统。
It's that faith functions as a collapsed navigation system.
这些有时被贬为过时的传统,实际上蕴含着文明延续的关键。
These traditions that are sometimes dismissed as archaic actually hold the key to civilization's continuity.
想一想。
Think about it.
这些传统历经多次瘟疫、帝国兴衰、无尽战争,甚至许多‘斯凯西斯’,充当了这些不确定时代的文明黑匣子。
These traditions survived multiple plagues, empires, endless wars and even many Scythesias serving as civilizational black boxes for these uncertain times.
像这样的时代,我们对这一刻的意义以及它呼唤我们成为怎样的人,有着不同的解读。
Times like these when we face different interpretations about what this moment means and who it calls us to become.
宗教传统可以为我们在这段不确定时期提供一些指引。
And faith traditions can offer us some guidance through this uncertainty.
因此,我邀请你思考那些你实践着的、比市场和国家更古老的时刻,那些在国界和货币定义我们的交换之前,早已铭刻在人类肌肉记忆中的日常实践。
So I invite you to think about those moments when you practice in something that is actually older than markets and older than nations, those daily practices etched into human muscle memory long before borders and currencies defined our exchanges.
这些传统不仅仅是遗物,它们是你经过一次次崩溃考验过的导航技术。
These traditions aren't just relics, they are your navigation technologies, tested through collapse after collapse.
所以问问自己:我身上携带着怎样的古老生存算法?
So ask yourself, what ancient algorithm of survival am I carrying?
因为我们现在所需的智慧,不仅等待着我们去发明新事物,也编码在这些日常实践中——它们在历史最艰难的篇章中一直维系着人类的尊严。
Because the wisdom we now need is not just waiting for us in new inventions, but it's also encoded in these daily practices that have sustained human dignity across history's hardest passages.
然而,我们也知道,即使是最精密的导航技术,也无法准确告诉我们自己真正所处的位置。
Yet, we also know that even the most sophisticated navigation technologies carry accurate data about where we truly stand.
这让我想到了下一个洞见。
And this brings me to the next insight.
那就是彻底的诚实。
It's radical honesty.
关于气候行动,一个总是令人惊讶的真相是,它始于一个悖论。
A truth that is always surprising about climate action is that it begins with a paradox.
我们必须先向内审视,然后才能有效地向外行动。
We must look inwards before we can effectively act outwards.
我喜欢苏菲传统中哈兹拉特与亚坦的传统教导:我们的真正使命在于调和不可调和之事,而气候行动也需要同样的和解。
I love how the tradition of Hazrat and Yatan in the Sufi tradition teaches that our true work involves reconciling the irreconcilable, and climate action needs that same reconciliation.
现在,让我们现实一点。
Now, let's be real.
我们都已成为识别外部障碍的专家。
We've all become experts at identifying external obstacles.
政治僵局、企业利益、殖民遗产,这些都是真实存在的。
Political gridlock, corporate interests, colonial legacies, all very real.
但信仰传统邀请我们关注一个更微妙的障碍——我们自身的矛盾。
But faith traditions invite us to look at a more subtle barrier, our own contradictions.
虚伪不仅仅是一种罪过。
Hypocrisy isn't just a sin.
它更像一个GPS定位点,能指引我们走向更深层的转变。
It's a GPS pin that can point us to deeper transformation.
伊斯兰教称其为Mahasabha。
Islam calls this Mahasabha.
印度教称之为Swadhaya。
Hinduism, Swadhaya.
无论用何种语言表达,这种实践的核心始终如一。
Whatever the language, the practice is constant.
举起一面镜子,指出我们所梦想的世界与实际行动所创造的世界之间的差距。
Hold up a mirror and name the gap between the world we dream about and the ones our actions create.
无论是总是乘飞机参加气候峰会的活动家,还是口口声声倡导环保却将资金投入化石燃料扩张的教众,这些未必是资格的缺失,而是通向更深层真实性的门户。
Whether it's the climate activists always flying to summit or the congregation piquing stewardship while their endowment funds fossil fuel expansion, these aren't necessarily disqualifications, but they're doorways to deeper authenticity.
而彻底的诚实也应适用于对我们最珍视的价值体系进行持续的审视。
And radical honesty should also apply to the continuous examination of the value systems that we hold most sacred.
我知道,那些催生了解放运动的信仰传统,也曾为殖民征服提供正当性,而如今,尽管气候流亡运动充满道德清晰性,仍可能变得僵化、教条,并忽视自身的矛盾。
I know that faith traditions that also birthed liberation movements sanctified colonial conquest, and also today's climate exodism, with all of its moral clarity, can still become rigid, dogmatic and blind to its own contradictions.
因此,今晚让我们自问:我们的行为在哪些地方,映照出与我们最珍视的价值相悖的阴影?
So tonight, let us ask ourselves, where do our actions cast shadows on the very values that we hold most sacred?
你能想到自己生活中的一个例子吗?
Can you think of an example from your own life?
这个问题的目的不是让我们感到羞愧,而是为了让我们获得自由,因为正是当我们直面这些充满矛盾的脆弱时刻时,道德勇气才得以诞生。
Now, this question isn't meant to shame us, but to free us, for it's precisely when we stand in these tender spaces of contradiction that moral courage can emerge.
当我们对经济体系也运用同样的彻底诚实时,我们就得出了下一个洞见。
And when we apply the same radical honesty to economic systems, we arrive at our next insight.
这正是我所说的‘系统性神圣’。
It's what I like to call the systemic sacred.
当我们最深层的价值观与经济选择交汇时,便形成了这种状态。
It's when our deepest values and our economic choices converge.
如果你回顾历史,就会发现信仰与商业共同塑造了文明。
Now, if you look back throughout history, you'll see that both faith and commerce together have shaped civilizations.
当它们背离时,文化可能分裂;但当它们和谐一致时,文化便能繁荣。
When they diverge, cultures can tear, but when they harmonize, cultures can bloom.
犹太教的休耕周期将生态休养与债务免除融入经济节奏与生活中。
Judaism's shmita cycle embeds ecological rest and debt forgiveness into economic rhythms and life.
佛教经济学强调适度,而非无止境的增长。
Buddhist economics emphasizes sufficiency over endless growth.
天主教整体经济学将森林与河流视为亲属,而非商品。
Catholic integral economics recognizes forests and rivers as kin rather than commodities.
这些传统孕育了一种根本不同的经济方式,支持三大修复工程。
Out of these traditions emerges a fundamentally different approach to economics, one that supports the three great restorations.
生态系统修复,疗愈地球受伤的系统;经济修复,重新构想如何在不掠夺的前提下交换价值;以及内在修复,在绝望试图狭隘我们对可能性的视野时,重焕我们的道德想象力。
Ecosystem restoration, healing our planet's wounded systems economic restoration, reimagining how we exchange value without extraction and inner restoration, renewing our moral imagination when despair threatens to narrow our vision of what is actually possible.
在我的工作中,我为银行和非政府组织提供可持续伊斯兰金融的咨询,实际上见证了这种模式如何规模化,这令人惊叹。
Now, in my own work advising banks and NGOs on sustainable Islamic finance, I've actually seen how this can scale, and it's pretty incredible.
如果到2030年,8万亿美元的伊斯兰金融市场规模中仅有5%投资于气候韧性建设,那就意味着有4000亿美元可用于再生型基础设施。
If just 5% of the projected $8,000,000,000,000 Islamic finance market by 2030 is invested in climate resilience, that represents $400,000,000,000 for regenerative infrastructure.
这并非慈善,而是恢复了互惠关系。
Now that is not charity, that's reciprocity restored.
因此,如果你正在塑造我们的经济未来——尤其是那些身处董事会和机构中的人——请尝试这样做。
So if you shape our economic future, especially those of us in boardrooms and institutions, try this.
对你下一个重大决策进行一次精神审计。
Subject your next big decision to a spiritual audit.
不仅要问:这能带来可持续的回报吗?还要问:它是否促进了三大恢复?
Ask not just, will this generate sustainable returns, but does this contribute to the three great restorations?
因为市场,就像我们的灵魂一样,也在等待着配得上我们所面临这一关键时刻的指引。
Because markets, like our souls, are also waiting for instructions worthy of the threshold moment that we face.
虽然经济学关乎我们的物质交换,但我希望分享的最后一点洞见,揭示了一件更为微妙的事情。
And while economics relates to our material exchanges, the final insight I'd like to share illuminates something a little bit more subtle.
那就是美在确定性失效时,依然能指引我们的力量。
It's the power of beauty to guide us when certainty fails.
如果我们倒着阅读人类今天的故事,它或许实际上始于我们对美的摧毁。
If we read today's story of humanity backwards, it might actually just begin with us dismantling beauty.
我们把森林变成木材,把动物变成生产单元,从孩子的眼中榨取惊奇,并破坏了我们与自然世界的关系。
We turn forests into lumber, animals into production units, we extract wonder from children's eyes and break our relationship with the natural world.
但我不禁想,如果我们重新发现美是生存所必需的,她的后代会不会将这一刻视为这个故事的起点,那该有多美妙啊。
But I wonder, wouldn't it be amazing if her descendants identified a different starting point for this story when we rediscovered beauty as essential for survival.
巴哈伊教义教导我们,美是显现出来的神圣属性。
Baha'i teachings teach that beauty are divine attributes made visible.
禅宗的侘寂美学在不完美中看见美。
Zen Buddhism's Wabi Sabi sees beauty in imperfection.
神道崇拜万物中的灵性,从高山到路边的石头皆是如此。
Shinto honors the spirit in everything, from mountains to roadside stones.
所有这些传统都认识到一个共同的教训:我们很少保护自己未曾学会欣赏及其真正美丽的事物。
And all recognize a common lesson that we rarely protect what we haven't first learned to appreciate and its true beauty.
但美与保护之间的这种关系还要更深一层。
But this relationship between beauty and protection goes even deeper.
许多信仰传统教导我们,在气候危机时刻,神圣的援助并非来自高天,而是存在于人类心灵中的希望与美。
Many faith traditions teach that divine assistance in times of climate crisis arrives not from above, but as the presence of hope and beauty within the human heart.
先知们不仅预言了更美好的世界,他们更用言语和行动将希望变为现实。
Prophets didn't just predict better worlds, they spoke and acted their hope into being.
他们的想象力是务实的,能够构想出理性思维无法看见的道路。
Their imagination was practical, imagining paths invisible to rational thought alone.
因此,当你下次遇到一个美的瞬间,那或许正是神圣援助以最纯粹的形式降临。
So the next time you encounter a moment of beauty, it might just be divine assistance arriving in its purest form.
八世纪来自伊拉克的神秘主义者巴希尔·拉比深刻理解这一点,她对上帝说:‘你在我心中的希望,是最珍贵的宝藏。’
The eighth century mystic Rabbi al Basri from Iraq really understood this when she said to God, your hope in my heart is the rarest treasure.
所以,请反思一下:如果这个美的瞬间正试图向我展示一个更有希望的未来,而它迫切需要我的声音与话语来使其成真,那会怎样?
So reflect on, what if this moment of beauty is trying to show me a more hopeful future but desperately needs my voice and words to bring it into being.
现在,请听我说,这一切绝非对气候现实的逃避,而是在不确定时代中一种激进的信任行为。
Now, none of this, let me tell you, is a distraction from our climate reality, but it's a radical act of trust in uncertain times.
因为我深信,我们的气候危机正是对灵魂的一次考验。
Because I truly believe our climate emergency is an examination of the soul.
导致每一场生态破坏的同一股力量,也源自那颗同样容纳着慈悲、正义与修复的内心。
The same forces behind each ecological destruction arise from the same human heart that also houses mercy, justice and repair.
这并非抽象的精神信仰。
This isn't abstract spirituality.
这是关于我们在认知边界边缘会成为怎样的人。
It's about who we become at the edge of everything we know.
也许你们中有些人也在想:我必须信仰宗教,这一切才有意义吗?
And some of you might also be wondering, must I be religious for any of this to matter?
不需要。
No.
当绝望正在污染天空时,从任何智慧传统中汲取勇气不仅被允许,而且是必要的。
When despair is polluting the skies, borrowing courage from any wisdom tradition is not only permitted, but necessary.
信仰传统只是非常古老的实验室,它们让灯火长明,足以记录下哪些方法有效。
Faith traditions are simply very old laboratories that kept the lights on long enough to record what worked.
我曾见过寺庙社群修复着同样淹没自己家园的神圣河流,也见过母亲们在轰炸下种植橄榄树,只为让孩子们知道和平是什么滋味。
I've seen temple communities restoring the same sacred rivers that contributed to the flooding of their own homes and mothers planting olive trees under bombardment so that their children may know what peace tastes like.
因此,我们此刻正站在最关键的门槛上。
So here we stand at our most consequential threshold.
借用《创世记》中的一个教训,我们人类挑战的核心在于信守对地球的承诺,而非毁灭世界。
To borrow a lesson from the book of Genesis, the heart of our human challenge is to honor our promise to the earth, not to destroy the world.
这个关键时刻邀请我们所有人去践行这一承诺。
And this threshold moment invites all of us to rise to that promise.
如今,毁灭之门很容易找到。
The door of destruction right now is very easy to find.
重生之门则更为静默。
The door of renewal is quieter.
当我们跨越这个门槛时,我们将共同成为怎样的人?
So who will we become together as we cross this threshold?
感谢您的聆听。
Thank you for listening.
这是塔雷克·阿勒奥莱米在2025年于肯尼亚内罗毕举行的TED减缓峰会的演讲。
That was Tarek Al Olaymi at the TED Countdown Summit in Nairobi, Kenya in 2025.
如果你对TED的选题标准感兴趣,可以访问ted.com/curationguidelines了解更多信息。
If you're curious about TED's curation, find out more at ted.com/curationguidelines.
今天的内容就到这里。
And that's it for today.
《TED每日演讲》是TED音频合集的一部分。
TED Talks Daily is part of the TED audio collective.
本演讲由TED研究团队进行事实核查,并由我们的团队——玛莎·埃斯特瓦诺斯、奥利弗·弗里德曼、布莱恩·格林、露西·利特尔和坦西卡·苏恩贡·尼沃恩——制作和编辑。
This talk was fact checked by the TED research team and produced and edited by our team, Martha Estevanos, Oliver Friedman, Brian Greene, Lucy Little, and Tansika Sungmar Nivong.
本集由克里斯托弗·法齐·博甘混音。
This episode was mixed by Christopher Faizy Bogan.
特别感谢艾玛·陶布纳和达尼埃拉·巴雷罗的支持。
Additional support from Emma Taubner and Daniella Balarezo.
我是伊莉斯·胡。
I'm Elise Hu.
明天我会带着一个全新的想法回到你的信息流中。
I'll be back tomorrow with a fresh idea for your feed.
感谢收听。
Thanks for listening.
贝拉·迪保洛很高兴你婚姻幸福,但她单身也完全快乐。
Bella DiPaolo is glad if you're happily married but she is perfectly happy being single.
我希望能有个人帮我照顾车,或者饭后帮我洗碗,但随后我又希望他们离开。
I would love to have someone who took care of my car or someone who cleaned up the dishes after dinner but then I'd want them to leave.
从你自己到你的狗,再到你的配偶,都是重要他人。
From yourself to your dog to your spouse are significant others.
下次请收听来自NPR的TED播客脱口秀。
That's next time on the TED Radio Hour from NPR.
请在您收听播客的平台订阅或收听TED播客脱口秀。
Subscribe or listen to the TED Radio Hour wherever you get your podcasts.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。