本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是Imagine This。
This is Imagine This.
我是主持人帕特里夏·萨布卡,这是我的AI搭档让。
I'm your host, Patricia Sabka, and here's my AI cohost, Jean.
大家好。
Hello, everyone.
在每一集中,波士顿咨询公司的专家将与我们一同探讨未来情景以及领导者如何现在就做好准备。
In each episode, BCG experts join us to explore future scenarios and how leaders can prepare now.
请在您收听播客的任何平台收听。
Listen wherever you get your podcasts.
本集由强生公司赞助。
This episode is sponsored by Johnson and Johnson.
医疗保健已经失去了某些至关重要的东西。
Health care has lost something essential.
那就是人文关怀。
It's human touch.
在强生公司,这种联系正在被重新建立。
At Johnson and Johnson, that connection is being restored.
通过将突破性的科学与有目的的技术相结合,强生公司正帮助将医疗保健重新聚焦于人。
By combining groundbreaking science with purposeful technology, Johnson and Johnson is helping recenter health care around people.
他们的使命很简单:拯救、维持和改善生命,让患者能够专注于对他们最重要的事情。
Their mission is simple, to save, sustain, and improve lives so patients can focus on what matters most to them.
这不仅仅是创新。
This is more than innovation.
这是对健康与护理的重新定义。
It's health and care redefined.
前往 jnj.com 了解详情。
Discover how at jnj.com.
那就是 jnj.com。
That's jnj.com.
嘿。
Hey.
我是伊莉丝·胡,主持《TED演讲每日》播客,每天为你带来一个来自TED的启发性想法。
I'm Elise Hu, and I host TED Talks Daily, the podcast giving you one inspiring idea from TED each day.
这一年非同寻常,我借助几位TED播客同行的帮助,回顾了这一年。
It's been an unusual year, and I got to look back on it with the help of some of my fellow TED podcast hosts.
他们分别是《TED广播时间》的马诺什·佐莫罗迪、《TED科技》的谢蕾尔·多西,以及《TED商业》的马杜普·阿基诺拉。
Manoosh Zomorodi from the TED Radio Hour, Sherelle Dorsey from TED Tech, and Madhupe Akhinola from TED Business.
我们进行了一场非常热烈的对话,为年终特别节目探讨了2025年最让我们惊讶、兴奋和挑战的事情,话题涵盖从千禧一代沉迷社交媒体的危险,到我们对人工智能未来如何影响人类的思考。
We had a really lively conversation for a special end of year episode about what surprised, excited, and challenged us most in 2025, touching on everything from the dangers of boomers being addicted to social media to how we think AI will affect humanity in the future.
你可以在周日的《TED演讲每日》节目中收听我们的见解。
You can listen to our insights on Sunday's episode of TED Talks Daily.
我希望你们能像我们一样享受这场对话。
I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as we did.
地图是理解我们世界的关键工具,帮助我们认清自身所处位置,并从A点到达B点。
Maps are critical tools to understand our world, to see where we are, and to get from point a to point b.
它们在历史上留下了深刻印记,帮助我们规划城市、追踪贸易路线,甚至发动战争。
They've made their mark on history, helping us plan cities, track trade routes, and even wage wars.
这是一个令人印象深刻的遗产。
It's an impressive legacy.
现在的问题是,未来的制图学将带来什么?
The question now is, what does the cartography of the future have in store?
这是来自TED的TED Tech播客。
This is TED Tech, a podcast from TED.
我是您的主持人谢蕾尔·多西。
I'm your host, Sherelle Dorsey.
今天的演讲将改变我们对建设、创造以及与周围世界互动方式的理解。
Today's talk is shifting our perspective on what it means to build, create, and interact with the world around us.
我们的演讲者是彼得·沃尔奇辛斯基,一位数字制图师。
Our speaker, Peter Wolczynski, is a digital cartographer.
他将告诉我们,地图不再仅仅是用于导航的工具。
He's here to tell us that maps aren't just for navigation anymore.
它们正在成为我们星球的强大仪表盘,引导我们走向更美好的未来。
They're about creating a powerful dashboard for our planet and guiding us towards building a better future.
利用制图技术创建我们物理地球的活体复刻,将对从气候变化到全球安全的方方面面产生影响。
Creating a living replica of our physical Earth with mapmaking technology can have impacts on everything from climate change to global security.
提供实时数据的地图有助于识别并解决我们在建成环境及其之外面临的最严峻挑战。
Maps that provide real time data can help identify and solve some of our toughest challenges within the built environment and beyond.
现在,彼得·维尔斯琴斯基登上TED讲台。
And now, Peter Wielczynski takes the TED stage.
我是一名数字制图师,从历史上看,地图主要做两件事。
I'm a digital cartographer by trade, and maps historically, they do really two things.
但我们已经看到了第一件事——理解我们的世界——取得了惊人的进展。
And we've really seen an amazing amount of the first, understanding our world.
但历史上,地图不仅仅是用来理解的,它们还关乎创造、建设,塑造我们周围的建成环境。
But historically, maps weren't just about understanding, they were also about creating, about building, about shaping the built environment around us.
它们帮助我们规划城市、开展贸易、发动战争和维持和平。
They help us plan cities, do trade, fight wars and maintain peace.
随着这些地图的数字化,你已经看到它们进入了我们的口袋。
And as we digitize these maps, you've seen them fit into our pocket.
过去需要整座图书馆、成堆纸张才能完成的事情,现在都装进了我们的口袋,甚至戴在了我们的眼前。
Things that used to take entire libraries, reams of paper are now in our pocket or, you know, in our eyes.
但当我们从信息时代迈向赛博时代——一个机器人与人工智能主导物理世界的年代——制图学必须变革。
But as we move from the information age into the cybernetic age, an era dominated by the application of robotics and artificial intelligence to the physical world, cartography needs to change.
仅仅在数字世界中协作是不够的。
It's not enough to collaborate in a digital world.
我们面临的真正挑战,是利用这些技术去实际建造物理世界。
The challenge in front of us is really to take those technologies and to use them to build physically.
历史上首次,我们拥有了轨道上的遥感能力,以及将所有数据处理成动态、活生生的地球数字复制品的技术,我们称之为‘活地球’。
And for the first time in history, we have the remote sensing capacity on orbit and the technology to process all of the data into a dynamic, living replica of the physical Earth inside of a computer, what we call the living globe.
你可以将这想象成一个沙盒,在这里,你可以将地球的数字表征与地面上的物理表征相结合,来回互动,让传感器实时显示实际发生的情况。
You can think of this as a sandbox, a place where you can take the digital representation of our Earth and combine it with a physical representation on the ground and go back and forth so that sensors can show you what's actually happening in real time.
今年早些时候,洛杉矶野火重创了南加州。
Earlier this year, the Los Angeles wildfires devastated Southern California.
我们许多人亲身受到影响,或认识遭受影响的人。
Many of us were personally impacted or know someone who was.
卫星图像和地图绘制在理解这场灾难的影响、指导应急响应人员以及揭示所发生的破坏方面发挥了关键作用。
Satellite imagery and mapping played a critical role in understanding the impact of that devastation, guiding first responders and shining a spotlight on the destruction that happened.
但仅仅观看、观察和反应是不够的。
But it's not enough just to look, to observe, to react.
自那以后一直困扰我的是,洛杉矶真正需要的不是卫星图像,而是水。
What's been nagging me since then is that what LA needed, it wasn't satellite imagery, it was water.
大规模基础设施项目、巨型工程、配备灭火机器人的快速响应系统,能够在火灾发生前将其扑灭。
Large scale infrastructure projects, mega projects, rapid response systems with firefighting robots that would be able to take out the fire before it started.
这曾经是我们思考问题的方式。
This used to be how we thought.
两百年前,我们是一个具有行动文化的建设型文明。
Two hundred years ago, we were a civilization of builders with a culture of action.
我们修建了伊利运河、横贯大陆的铁路、胡佛水坝,这些巨型工程从根本上改变了我们的地球和物理世界。
We built the Erie Canal, the Transcontinental Railroad, the Hoover Dam, megaprojects that fundamentally reshaped our earth, our physical world.
但这些项目带来了毁灭性的后果。
But these projects had devastating ramifications.
由于无法预测它们的影响和结果,我们退回到了虚拟世界,一个由iPhone和个人电脑主导、以个人主义为特征的世界。
Unable to predict their impact and know what the results would be, we retreated into the virtual world, a world of iPhones and personal computers dominated by individualism.
问题是,二十一世纪的问题本质上是物理性的。
The problem is the problems of the twenty first century, they're fundamentally physical.
它们是关于移动原子的问题。
They're problems of moving atoms.
当你思考气候变化、能源充裕、住房可负担性、全球安全时,这些问题都需要重新找回建设者的精神,再次开始作用于物理世界。
When you think about climate change, energy abundance, housing affordability, global security, These are problems that require regaining a builder spirit and starting to act upon the physical world once again.
我们所做的,是整合了数十个不同的数据集。
What we've done is we've taken dozens and dozens of different data sets.
我们将它们融合成一个动态且鲜活的地球表征,通过将其纳入本体论,使计算机和人类能够共同与之交互,从而能够编程识别模式,并将这些模式的监控委托给计算机。
We fused them together into a dynamic and living representation of the Earth By pulling these into an ontology so that computers and people can interact with them together, we can programmatically start identifying patterns so that we can delegate the monitoring of those patterns to a computer.
我们在这里看到的是温哥华,结合了树木高度数据、陆地卫星植被数据和经济适用房区域的信息。
What we see here is Vancouver, a combination of tree height data, Landsat vegetation data and information from the affordable housing district.
我们开始能够识别出一些模式,这些模式揭示了影响人们城市生活的方式。
What we can start to identify is patterns, things that we can see about the city that affect the way that people live in it.
你可以看出,树木茂密的区域能为我们抵御高温。
You can tell that the areas that have a lot of trees protect us against heat.
因此,我们在这里识别出了两种模式。
So what we've identified is really two patterns here.
第一,树木对经济发展大有裨益,人们非常渴望居住在有树木的地方。
One, that trees are great for economic development, people really desire living in places with trees.
第二,树木对于打造一座美丽、宜人的城市至关重要。
And two, that trees are critical for building a lovely, wonderful city.
但仅靠一张静态的、反映过去状况的地图是不够的。
But it's not enough to have a static map looking at the past.
我们的目标是拥有一张实时更新的动态地图。
Our goal is to have a really dynamic map that's updating in real time.
在后台,数十颗卫星正在绕地球运行,拍摄温哥华的图像,使我们能够从测绘转向监测,进而构建一个仪表盘和控制面板,从而实时了解城市中正在发生的一切。
And in the background, dozens of satellites are orbiting the Earth, taking images of Vancouver, so that we can start to move from mapping to monitoring, to building an instrument panel and a dashboard where we can really understand what's happening in our city in real time.
这让我们能够从关注单个项目,转向将城市视为一个整体的、协同的系统,所有项目协同作用,共同实现多维目标。
This lets us move away from thinking about individual projects towards thinking about the city as a cohesive whole, right, an integrated system where all of the projects play together to achieve multidimensional goals.
所以,这是我们目前在温哥华的所有建筑许可,但这并不能真正告诉我们地面上实际发生了什么。
So here we have all of the building permits in Vancouver right now, but that doesn't really tell us what's actually happening on the ground.
如果我们使用卫星图像,就可以运行变化检测算法,真正看到变化发生的地方,看到土地被开挖的区域。
If we use satellite imagery, we can run change detection algorithms and actually see the places where change is really happening, where ground is being broken.
放大到其中一个区域,我们可以看到温哥华正在发生的实际开发情况。
Zooming into one of those, we can see the actual development that's occurring in Vancouver.
我们可以看到一个建筑工地的卫星图像,时间倒流,红外传感器将树木显示为红色。
We can see a satellite image of a construction site moving back in time and turning the trees red with infrared sensors.
我们能清楚地看到树木开花生长,植被随时间变化,也能看到温哥华这个小型开发项目砍伐了大量树木,这很自然。
We can really see trees blossoming and growing, the vegetation changing over time, and we can see that this particular one small development in Vancouver cut down a bunch of trees, which is very natural.
但为了实现我们建设更绿化城市的目标,我们必须在其他地方种植这些树木。
But in order to have our goal of having a more forested city, we're going to have to plant these trees somewhere else.
这就是我所说的用地图来建设。
This is what I mean by using maps to build.
我们获得了一个仪表盘和控制面板,用以理解地球随时间发生的变化,不仅从空间信息的角度,也从时间序列、以及可用于指导发展的指标和度量的角度。
We get a dashboard and an instrument panel for understanding the change in the globe over time, not just in terms of the spatial information, but in terms of a time series, in terms of metrics and measures that we can use to guide development.
在过去五十年里,我们一直将社会面临的问题狭隘地框定为‘建还是不建’。
For the last fifty years, we've really framed the question we have as a society very narrowly, to build or not to build.
但技术的重要之处在于它消除了权衡取舍。
But the important thing about technology is that it eliminates trade offs.
它让你用更少的资源做更多的事。
It lets you do more with less.
这个鲜活的地球,不仅仅是对世界的镜像。
This living globe, it's not just a mirror for the world.
它更是一幅画布,用于构建更美好的未来,可视化它,然后凝聚集体意志去实现它。
It's also a canvas to build a better future, to visualize it and then to summon the collective will to make it happen.
我非常兴奋能在这里与大家分享这些,也非常感谢你们的邀请。
I'm really excited to be here and share this with you, and thank you so much for having me.
这是彼得·维利钦斯基在TED 2025上的演讲。
That was Peter Wielczynski at TED twenty twenty five.
好的。
Alright.
这就是我们的节目。
That's our show.
感谢收听。
Thanks for listening.
《TED科技》是TED出品的播客。
TED Tech is a podcast from TED.
本集由特里娜·梅尼诺制作。
This episode was produced by Trina Menino.
我们的编辑是亚历杭德罗·萨拉扎尔,节目内容由朱莉娅·迪克森核对。
Our editor is Alejandro Salazar, and the show is fact checked by Julia Dickerson.
特别感谢康桑扎·加利亚多、达尼埃拉·贝洛雷索、玛丽亚·拉迪亚斯、坦齐卡·苏格曼尼万和罗克珊·海克拉什。
Special thanks to Consanza Gallardo, Daniella Belloreso, Maria Ladias, Tanzika Sungmanivan, and Roxanne Highlash.
如果你喜欢这个节目,请务必订阅并给我们留下评价,以便其他人也能找到我们。
If you're enjoying the show, make sure to subscribe and leave us a review so other people can find us too.
我是谢瑞尔·多西。
I'm Cherelle Dorsey.
让我们继续探索未来。
Let's keep digging into the future.
下周再来和我一起继续吧。
Join me next week for more.
本集由强生公司赞助。
This episode is sponsored by Johnson and Johnson.
医疗保健已经失去了某些至关重要的东西。
Health care has lost something essential.
那就是人文关怀。
It's human touch.
在强生公司,这种联系正在被重新建立。
At Johnson and Johnson, that connection is being restored.
通过将开创性的科学与富有意义的技术相结合,强生公司正帮助将医疗保健重新聚焦于人。
By combining groundbreaking science with purposeful technology, Johnson and Johnson is helping recenter health care around people.
他们的使命很简单:拯救、维持和改善生命,让患者能够专注于对他们最重要的事情。
Their mission is simple, to save, sustain, and improve lives so patients can focus on what matters most to them.
这不仅仅是创新。
This is more than innovation.
这是健康与护理的重新定义。
It's health and care redefined.
前往 jnj.com 了解详情。
Discover how at jnj.com.
那就是 jnj.com。
That's jnj.com.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。