本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
很快,我就明白,我的网球是我家人生活的唯一途径。
Very soon, I understood that my tennis is the only way for my family to live.
罗杰确实是第一个总是能赢的人。
Roger was really the first one that would win always.
红土、草地、室内。
Clay, grass, indoors.
因此,他真正将这一代人提升到了一个高度,无论在任何场地、任何时间,都很难与他抗衡。
So he was the one that really lifted that generation to the level where it was difficult to play against him always anytime at at any surface.
欢迎来到网球内参俱乐部。
Welcome to Tennis Insider Club.
我是博尔哈·杜兰,与我的搭档卡罗琳·加西亚一起,这里汇聚了网球故事与人生对话。
I am Borja Duran, and together with my partner, Caroline Garcia, here is where tennis stories and life conversations intersect.
加入我们,揭开球场偶像们鲜为人知的个人旅程。
Join us as we uncover the untold personal journeys of the icons of the court.
从欢笑到人生启示,一切尽在这里。
From laughter to life lessons, it's all here.
你支持气候变化吗?
Do you support climate change?
我们知道你不支持,但你的钱可能支持。
We know you don't, but your money probably does.
成为解决方案的一部分。
Be part of the solution.
了解如何用你的钱做善事。
Find out how you can use your money for good.
你好,伊万。
Hello, Ivan.
非常感谢你今天来到这里。
Thank you very much for being here with us today.
谢谢你的邀请。
Thank you for inviting me.
很高兴。
It's a pleasure.
所以我们想知道,您是如何与网球结缘的?
So we would like to know how did your relation with tennis started?
这说起来有点奇怪,是偶然发生的。
It started with strange in a way of occasional.
那是1988年学年末,我父亲来找我和我哥哥,说:‘该开始做些运动了。’
It was end of school year '88 when my father came to me and my brother and asked, okay, it's the time to do some sports.
那你们想做什么运动呢?
So what do you wanna do?
我哥哥比我大。
So my brother is older than me.
他说:‘我想踢足球,很普通的选择。’
He said, I want to play football, usual.
对吧?
Right?
当时电视上正在播放温布尔登网球赛。
And there was the Wimbledon on TV.
当时温布尔登有贝克尔和埃德伯格,我就想,我也要打这个。
There was a Becker Edberg in Wimbledon and and I was like, want to do that.
对吧?
Right?
所以一切就这样开始了。
So that was how everything started.
我父亲很震惊,因为他不知道在我出生的巴纳卢卡以及巴纳卢卡外的村庄里有没有网球俱乐部,每天送我过去真的非常麻烦。
My father was shocked because he didn't know if there were any tennis clubs where I was born in Banaluca and actually in the village outside of Banaluca, which was quite complicated to, you know, to bring me every day.
我小时候得坐公交车,现在回头看其实并不容易,但当时那就是唯一的方式。
And I was taking the bus as a kid to really was not I mean now looking back was not easy, but now at the time was the way to do it.
所以我开始得比较晚,差不多九岁了。
So that's how I started quite late, know, was nine almost.
我花了相当长的时间才赶上同龄人,尤其是因为几年后我从双手握拍改成了单手握拍。
So it took me quite a bit of time to catch up my generation, especially because after a couple of years I switched from two handed to one handed.
这又让我白白浪费了六个月,一场都没赢过。
So that I lost another six months of zero matches won.
所以我起步很慢,但很快就赶上了同龄人。
And so I started slow, but I picked up quite quite fast with with my generation.
所以你是在波斯尼亚开始打网球的吗?
And so this you started in Bosnia?
在波斯尼亚。
In Bosnia.
是的。
Yes.
巴纳卢卡位于波斯尼亚的西北部。
So Banaluca is is is North West part of Bosnia.
如果你看1991年之前的前南斯拉夫国家,对吧?
It was it's like if you look former country before 1991, Yugoslavia, right?
巴纳卢卡正好在中间位置。
Banaluca, it's right in the middle.
我就在那里长大。
And so that's where I grew up.
但后来战争爆发,加上我们所经历的一切,对我的家人来说非常不舒服。
But then with the war and everything that we had, it was very uncomfortable for my family.
我父亲是天主教克罗地亚人,我母亲是穆斯林,所以我们来自一个混合家庭,而当时我根本不知道这一点。
My father, it's Catholic Croatian, my mother, it's Muslim, so we are coming from the mixed family, which at the time I had no idea.
对吧?
Right?
但当紧张局势开始时,我明白了我们有问题。
But, you know, when when the tension started, I I understood that we have a problem.
我明白了。
Well, I understood.
我的父母也明白了。
My parents did.
我总是说,是父母做所有决定,而我们根本不可能正常生活。
I always say, yeah, but it's the parents who take all the decisions, and and it was not possible to really live normally.
所以我们先和母亲以及弟弟一起撤离,而父亲不得不留下,他无法和我们一起来。
So we had to evacuate first with my mother and my brother, and my father had to stay behind, so he he couldn't come with us.
所以我们于1992年5月成为了难民。
So we we became refugees in ninety two May.
我们来到克罗地亚的难民营,在那里待了七个月。
We came to Croatia in the refugee camp, and we spent seven months there.
后来我们被赶出了克罗地亚的难民营,因为那里没有足够的空间安置克罗地亚难民。
Then we were kicked out of the refugee camp in Croatia because there was not enough room for Croatian refugees.
那是每个人生活中最低谷的时刻。
So that was the really low point of everybody's life.
而就在那时——不是与此同时,而是恰恰在那个时候——我父亲也通过慈善组织成功逃了出来。
And then by in the meantime, not in the meantime, but actually exactly then, my father also was able to get out with charity organizations to get out.
于是我们在十一月团聚了。
And so we reunited as a family, November.
但那时,我们真的只有两个塑料袋,我的意思是,这不是玩笑,手里就这两样东西,世界却属于我们。
And but it was, you know, literally with two I mean, it's not a joke with two plastic bags in your hands and the world is yours.
那就是一切的开始。
So that was the start.
在那段时间里,我仍然设法打了一些网球。
I managed to play some tennis in that period still.
我的意思是,不是什么正式的比赛。
I mean, nothing serious.
我去了一家当地的俱乐部。
I was I went to the local club.
我说,嘿,我在这儿,如果你们想打双打的话,就这样,那个夏天我基本上都是这么过的。
I said, you know, I'm here if you want some doubles with you know, and that's how I did basically that summer.
但后来,好运在1993年初降临了,一个名为Le Pleiedi的意大利俱乐部,位于都灵附近。
But then the luck came in the beginning of '93 Italian club called Le Pleiedi next to Turin.
他们发出邀请,帮助波斯尼亚的孩子们,并邀请了我们十个人前往,所有开销都由他们承担。
So the invitation to help Bosnian kids and invited 10 of us to come and really pay everything for us.
这简直太不可思议了。
And that was incredible.
我获得了这个机会。
I was offered this opportunity.
我父母说,好吧,我的意思是,当然可以
My parents said, okay, I mean, of course it's
这些孩子是随机挑选的,还是你们已经
It was like a random selection of kids or you were already
那里有。
There was.
在克罗地亚的乌马格,那里有ATP赛事,那里成了波斯尼亚孩子和网球运动员的据点。
So in Croatia, in Umag, where there is ATP tournament, it was it was a place where Bosnian kids, tennis players, they were based.
所以大家都已经逃出来了。
So everybody kind of already escaped.
那里就像是网球运动员的难民营,那里有一些球员。
So it was a kind of refugee camp for the tennis players, and they had some players there.
所以正是他们写了这份邀请请求。
So they were the ones who who wrote this well, request for invitations.
所以当意大利俱乐部决定邀请10个孩子时,人数还不够。
So when Italian club decided to invite 10 kids, they were not enough.
所以他们才联系了我。
So that's why they called me.
我不属于那个群体,但他们有我的联系方式,于是联系了我们。
I was not part of that group, but they had my contact and they contacted us.
所以,没错,这简直不可思议。
So, yeah, it was it was incredible.
我的意思是
I mean
你当时多大?
How old were you at the time?
14岁。
14.
所以是93年。
So 93.
我当时14岁。
I was 14.
所以我1993年4月离开了,那是我人生中最艰难的时期,因为没有家人陪伴,完全独自一人,还不会说当地语言。
So I left April '93 and it was it was probably hardest period of my life to go without family, without completely by myself, not speaking the language.
是的,前三个月我过得非常艰难。
Yeah, three months I was struggling.
我记得我每天都哭。
I remember I was crying every day.
这并不容易,但我明白这是我唯一的机会。
It was not easy, but I understood that it's my only chance.
这是一个机会,很快我就意识到,我的网球是我家人生活的唯一出路。
It's an opportunity very quickly and very soon I understood that my tennis is the only way for my family to live.
所以你当时已经把它看作是成为……的机会了吗?
So you already saw it as an opportunity to become a?
嗯,很明显,我明白那就是那样,没错。
Well, it was it was made clear that I understand that that's that's that's yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yes.
你能帮我们。
You can help us.
所以你去做吧。
So you do it.
所以,是的,那就是我所承受的压力,我想。
And so, yeah, that was, I mean, the pressure that I lived with, I guess.
但你知道,当你还是个孩子的时候,你不会去想压力。
But you know, when you're a kid, you don't think about the pressure.
你只是日复一日地过日子,抓住机会。
You just go day by day and you use opportunity.
我有幸进入了欧洲最好的俱乐部,这真是不可思议。
It was incredible luck that I ended up in the best club in Europe.
这个俱乐部,拉普拉迪,在当年可是屡获殊荣。
This club, La Plaidi, was winning back in the days.
现在这种比赛已经没有了,但欧洲各俱乐部之间仍存在俱乐部间的竞争,而拉普拉迪俱乐部当时正处于巅峰。
There's not anymore this competition, but there is a club competition between the clubs in Europe and La Plaidi was winning.
你知道,那时候有伦佐·富尔兰、克里斯蒂亚诺·卡拉蒂、奥马尔·坎博雷塞。
You know, there's Renzo Furlan, Cristiano Carati, Omar Camporese.
我的意思是,当时最好的意大利球员都在这个俱乐部。
I mean, the best Italian players were in that club.
真是运气绝佳。
Incredible luck.
于是我抓住了这个机会,真正地成长起来,同时也提升了我的网球水平。
And so I used this opportunity to really grow up and also improve my tennis.
因为在我14岁的时候,如果拿我和1979年那一代的克罗地亚球员相比,我属于那个年龄段,当时排名第六、第七左右?
Because at that age when I was 14, if I compare myself with the Croatian players of 79, I'm born at that generation, I was number six, seven, right?
所以甚至算不上顶尖中的顶尖。
So it was not even, know, top top.
但两三年后,我就成了世界上最好的青少年球员之一。
But then after two, three years I was one of the best juniors in the world.
那里的设施和工作质量都非常棒。
So the facilities and the quality of work there was amazing.
你觉得,如果没有去意大利的机会,你还能成功吗?绝对不可能。
You think without the chance of going to Italy you would have still made it to No chance.
不可能。
No chance.
零机会。
Zero chance.
绝对零机会。
Absolutely zero chance.
如果我们没有战争,这么说吧。
If we had no war, let's put it this way.
嗯。
Yeah.
如果我们没有战争,我会有一个正常的成长环境。
If we had no war, I would have normal upbringing.
我可能会过上一种还算正常快乐的生活,不管怎样,但我不会坐在这里和你还有罗兰·加洛斯交谈。
I would have probably somewhat normal happy life, whatever, but I would not be here talking to you and Roland Garros and yeah.
那根本不会发生。
That would not happen.
绝对如此。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yeah.
你当时经常和那些职业球员一起训练吗?因为你提到那里有一些职业球员在
Were you practicing a lot with because you mentioned there were some pro player at
那时候。
this time.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
但当时我太小了。
But I was too small at the time.
对吧?
Right?
但后来里卡多·皮亚佐是我的教练。
But Ricardo Piatio was my coach later.
他当时在指导那些球员。
He was coaching these guys.
所以那是他第一次看到我的时候。
So that was the moment where he saw me first.
我的意思是,当时我们并没有联系,但就是从那时起他知道了我是谁。
I mean, we did not have we were not in touch at the time, but that's where he knew who I was.
他在那里,然后我觉得他在1995年离开了俱乐部,我想是两年后。
He was there, he left, I think the club in 'ninety five, I believe, after two years.
所以当1996年我离开俱乐部时,他邀请我过去和他一起训练。
So when he then in 'ninety six, when I left the club, he then invited me to come to work with him.
也就是说,他认识我,所以这并不是凭空而来的,没错。
Mean he knew who I was so it was not out of the blue and yeah.
所以到了1996年,我已经是最顶尖的青少年选手了。
So that was already, 'ninety six I was already top junior.
没错。
Yeah.
这看起来也是突然发生的。
It came out of nowhere also.
我的青少年生涯其实相当成功,对吧?
Mean even the junior career was Was quite successful, right?
简单说,1996年的时候,我开始参加一些级别比赛,那时候分三级、二级之类的,我赢了两场比赛,心想:哇,我居然能和这些选手抗衡。
Short, like in 'ninety six I started to play some category, know back in the days it was like category three, two, know, and then I played like, I won two matches, I was like, wow, I can play with these guys, know.
但那是在佛罗伦萨。
But that was Fiernze.
知道吗?
Know?
那是三月。
That was March.
然后我就接连赢了,赢了,赢了。
And then I was like, pop, pop, pop.
接着我赢得了普拉托的冠军,并在圣克罗切打入半决赛。
Then I won Prato, played the semis in Santa Croce.
博尼菲奥那场我没打好,但法网是我第一次参加大满贯。
Bonfidio, I I didn't play well, but then Roland Garros was my first slam.
第一轮我击败了尼古拉斯·马苏,第二轮赢了帕隆·斯里乔潘,然后输给了比约恩·雷恩奎斯特。
I beat Nicolas Massoux first round, Paradon Srichopan second round, and then I lost to Bjorn Rehnquist.
也许吧,我的意思是,你可能不认识他。
Maybe, I mean, you don't know him.
他后来打进了决赛。
He played the final later.
他是个身材矮小的瑞典选手,非常稳健。
He was a small Swedish player, very solid.
再次比赛非常困难。
It was very difficult to play again.
但在温布尔登,我打进了决赛。
But then in Wimbledon, I won I played the final in Wimbledon.
所以一切都发生得非常、非常快。
So it was like everything happened very, very fast.
太出人意料了,伙计们。
Very unexpected, guys.
非常出人意料。
Very unexpected.
实际上,在温布尔登,第一批经纪人和赞助商开始问:这人是谁?
And in fact, in Wimbledon was the first agents, sponsors, know, who is this guy?
我留着长发,看起来很不一样,但没错,我的意思是
I had long hair, know, I look different but yeah, I mean
给我看看一些照片。
Give me some pictures.
是的。
Yes.
我可以发一些照片给你。
Well, can send you some photos.
你去谷歌搜一封信。
You Google a letter.
我不确定你在谷歌上能不能找到,但我有一个私人相册。
Well, I'm not sure if you're gonna find it in Google, but I have a private album.
但我很快就秃了。
But yeah, I became bald very quickly.
所以网球圈的人不认识我留头发的样子。
So tennis people don't know me with hair.
在2001年2月,我已经秃了。
In 02/2001 I was bald already.
那么,从一个非常优秀的青少年选手过渡到成年选手,对你来说有多容易?
So And how easy was for you this transition from a very good junior
不容易。
to Not easy.
因为在1996或1997年,我作为青少年选手只参加了澳大利亚公开赛,在罗兰·加洛斯没有参赛。
Because 'ninety six or 'ninety seven I played only Australian Open as a junior in Roland Garros.
我在这里打进了四分之一决赛,但因生病不得不退赛。
Quarters I played here and I had to retire, I was sick.
但后来我开始了职业生涯。
But then I started my pro career.
所以97年,什么都没有。
So '97, nothing.
98年、99年,什么都没有。
'99 '98, nothing.
99年我突破了,但那是一段漫长的两年。
'99 I broke through, but it's a long two years.
所以你经历了好几年,每周都在第一轮出局。
So it took you like a couple of years of losing every week, first round.
但你知道,我当时的ATP排名一直在三百到五百之间,我知道我有最好的教练,但我请不起其他教练。
Well, but, you know, I was between three hundred and five hundred ATP throughout, you know, and I knew I had the best coach, you know, and I could not afford any other coach.
但我要说,确实有一段时间我开始怀疑,不是想放弃,而是不确定是否真的会有转机。
But I I know, there was the time I have to say that I was starting to doubt, you know, not quitting, but if it's ever gonna happen.
我的意思是,放弃从来都不是选项。
I mean, quitting was never an option.
所以,我只能打网球,别无选择。
So It was tennis or tennis.
不。
No.
没错。
Exactly.
只是你能走多远而已。
It's just that how high you're gonna go.
当然,有了如此成功的青少年生涯,有一段时间我心想我会成为
So there was, of course, with the super successful junior career, there was a time is I'm gonna be
是的。
in Yes.
当你开始一连串失利时,自然就会开始怀疑。
Then when you start losing, losing, losing, then you start doubting of course.
但我的教练太棒了。
But my coach was amazing.
他总是告诉我:听着,你很努力。
He was always telling me, listen, you're working hard.
你做得很好。
You're doing a good job.
事情一定会发生的。
It's going to happen.
迟早你得有耐心。
Sooner or later you have to be patient.
而事情果然就是这样发生的。
And that's exactly what happened.
1999年,我在激烈的未来赛中先输了前两轮。
In '99, I started with losing first two rounds in fierce futures.
所以
So
但是
but
然后我赢得了贝桑松挑战赛,从资格赛出线。
then win, win, challenger wins in Besancon from Qualys.
卡萨布兰卡,250分资格赛。
Casablanca, two fifty Qualys.
我输给了胡安·卡洛斯·费雷罗。
I lost to Juan Carlos Ferrero.
但后来我以替补身份进入了蒙特卡洛资格赛。
But then Monte Carlo got in Qualys as alternate.
我没通过资格赛,但击败了梅德韦杰夫和卡费尼科,然后一切就发生了。
Won't pass through Qualys, beat Medvedev Cafenico, and then everything happened.
就像青少年时期一样,一切都在六个月里发生了,我基本上在夏天就突破了前100名。
Like junior career, everything happened in six months, and I broke through top 100 basically already in the summer.
嗯。
Mhmm.
在你适应并挣扎于低级别赛事的那段时期,你觉得是什么地方不对劲?
And when in that time where you were adapting and struggling a bit in the lower tournament, what did you think was the thing not walking?
那是什么?
And what was it?
嗯,其实我觉得很简单,因为作为青少年时,我的偶像一直是施特efan Edberg。
Well, it was, I think, quite simple actually because as a junior, I was my idol was Stefan Edberg.
所以作为青少年,我总是打七分发球上网,发球和二发都上网。
So as a junior, I was playing seven volley, first, second serve.
我每球都切削上网。
I was chip and charging every ball.
所以我当时非常依赖削球,频繁改变节奏。
So I was very, you know, slicing, changing rhythm.
我确保打乱对手的节奏。
I was making sure I break the rhythm of the opponent.
当我开始和里卡多一起训练时,里卡多说:‘回去。’
When I started to walk with Ricardo, Ricardo said, okay, go back.
后退三米。
Go back three meters.
我们来打200个球,不能失误。
Let's go 200 balls without missing.
你知道吗?
You know?
他真的很讲究白的、黑的、黑的、白的。
So he really like white, black, black, white.
我的意思是,他彻底改变了我的风格,你知道吗?
I mean, he changed my identity completely, You know?
所以这就是为什么我花了这么长时间才真正找到自己的平衡点,因为这就是问题所在。
So that was the main reason why it took me, you know, time to to really find my my my balance because that's what it is.
最后,作为一名职业选手,我能够做到两者兼顾。
And then in the end, as a pro player, I was able to do both.
对吧?
Right?
但这花了我很多时间。
But it took took a lot of time.
不。
No.
当你开始赢球时,感觉怎么样?
And how is it as you start winning?
我想,压力根本不会开始。
I guess no pressure begins.
你是不是想要越来越多?
You wanna like want more and more?
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我的意思是压力,我从未感到有压力。
I mean pressure, I never felt I had pressure.
当我进入前100名时,我觉得自己成功了。
I felt like when I broke to top 100, I felt I made it.
我从未想过自己能进入前100名。
It was never I never thought that I could be top 100.
所以后来发生的一切对我来说都是额外的惊喜。
So everything that happened later for me was a bonus.
我就这样生活着。
So I lived it that way.
我以积极的心态生活着:天啊,我现在排第70,哦,我排第50,哦,我排第30,你知道的。
I lived it in a positive, oh my God I'm now 70, oh I'm 50, oh I'm 30, you know.
所以一切都让我难以置信,这真的发生了。
So everything was like I can't believe this is happening.
那就是我的感受。
That was my feeling.
当我到了30岁,从2001年到2004年,也就是2001到2005年,我陷入了停滞。
So when I get to 30, I got stuck from 2001 to 2004, from 'twenty one to 'twenty five.
我觉得,好吧,现在我准备好迎接更多了。
And I felt like, okay now I'm ready for more.
我想要更多,我想要更多。
I want more, I want more.
但这一切并没有发生。
And it was not happening.
于是,我不得不做出几个艰难的决定,首先是聘请一位健身教练。
So that was when I had to make a couple tough decisions to first to hire a fitness coach.
那是过去的事了,我的意思是,现在这已经很平常了。
It was back, I mean, now it's normal.
那时候这并不正常。
Back in the time it was not normal.
而且还要彻底改变我的正手。
And also to change my forehand completely.
从原本的握拍方式 literally 改成大陆式握拍。
Like to literally have grip like this to have continental.
这是你的决定吗?
It was your decision or what?
是我的决定。
Was my decision.
好吧。
Okay.
你的教练同意吗?
Your coach was agreeing with it
或者他别无选择,但无论如何,他同意了。
or He it had no choice, but anyway, he agreed.
我的正手打得我疼。
I mean, I couldn't hurt with my forehand.
所以我决定,受够了。
So I said, I'm tired of this.
我想冒险,彻底改变握拍方式。
I want to risk and I want to change the grip completely.
这是个巨大的改变。
It's a big change.
这是一个巨大的改变。
It's a huge change.
你花了多久才真正掌握它?
How long it took you to like really perfect that?
其实我没花多久。
Well actually it didn't took me long.
我的意思是,我记得第一周的时候,完全是这样,你知道的,你得重新开始,想象一下。
I mean I remember first week it was literally you know like this, know, you read to, you start, I mean imagine.
是啊,就像你说的,我从来没改过握拍方式,但我能理解。
Yeah, can't like you said, I never changed my grip, but I can relate.
想象一下,你现在想改变击球的后半部分,或者,
Imagine now you want to change the back end or,
你想在发球上做一些改变。
You you want to change something in your serve.
是的。
Yeah.
这就像是,我保证我在做,但你的教练却说:不,你根本没在做。
It's like, I promise I'm doing it and your coach is like, no, you're not doing it.
我有在做。
Yes, I am.
那是2004年的事。
So that that was 2004.
那是个巨大的改变。
That was a big change.
抱歉,是2003年,嗯,2003到2004年。
Sorry 2003, well this 2003, 2004.
但我真的很幸运,因为在多哈的第一周我就打进了决赛。
But I was so lucky because first week in Doha I played the final.
你知道,这对我重返赛场帮助很大,因为当时人们都知道我的回发球很差,所以总往那边打,但突然间我就能随便回过去。
You know and what it helped me in my return, because at the time people knew that my 400 return is bad, so they would go there and all of a sudden I could just, you know, could just flap it.
我输给了尼科·埃斯库德,输掉了多哈的决赛,但我很高兴,因为我赢了亨曼,可能还赢了塞巴斯蒂安·格鲁让,我击败了一些以前从没赢过的球员。
And I lost to Nico Escudea, I lost the final in Doha, but I was happy because I beat Henman, I beat maybe I beat even Seb Grujand, but I beat some players that I didn't beat before.
是的。
Yes.
所以它
So it
已经
was already
在技术改变后表现这么好,给了我很棒的信心提升。
a good confidence boost to do so good with the change technically.
巨大。
Huge.
巨大。
Huge.
2004年是重要的一年,因为那年我赢得了奥运奖牌。
And that 2004 was a big year because then I won Olympic medal.
对你来说感觉如何?
How was that for you?
我表现得不可思议。
I was incredible.
那是一个改变职业生涯的时刻,因为正如我所说。
That was a career changing moment because as I yeah.
我当时已经25岁了。
I was 25 already.
所以,正如我告诉你的,我开始怀疑:这是否就是我的极限?
So as I as I told you, was starting to doubt, okay, is this my max?
你知道,25岁、30岁、35岁的时候,排名不错,但不是我想要的。
You know, was 25, thirty, thirty five, good ranking, but not what I wanted.
所以这枚奖牌是我职业生涯中第一个真正意义上的重大成就。
So the medal was a first moment where first of all, first thing, first big thing that I won.
当时,我职业生涯中只有一个头衔。
At the time I had only one title in my career.
我感觉,好吧,我已经准备好迎接更大的成就了,我的世界就此打开。
And I felt like, okay, I mean, I'm ready for big things and my world opened up.
我真的开始
I really started to
相信自己,变得更加雄心勃勃,也开始追求更多,是的。
believe became and more ambitious go for as well, yeah.
而且我的打法也变得更具攻击性,我真的开始全力出击。
And also my game became more aggressive, more, I really started to go for it.
我真的开始变得更具攻击性。
I really started to be aggressive.
我想去赢得一些东西,而不是等着别人把它们送给我。
I wanted to to win things instead of waiting for people to give it to me.
这也让你更有信心了,而且让你有机会和任何人一较高下,对吧?
It gave you more confidence as well and my chance to be you can be be be with anyone?
当然。
Absolutely.
当然,那一年年底的关键时刻,我结婚了。
And of course, I mean, the crucial moment in the end of that year, got married.
我知道这听起来像笑话,但其实不是,因为我早就和我的妻子——现在是我的妻子——在一起很久了。
I mean, I know it sounds like a joke, but it's not because I was together with my wife, now wife, I mean, already long time.
我觉得这是正确的决定。
And I felt it was the right thing to do.
我觉得自己真正成了一个男人。
And I felt like I became a man.
你知道,那是2004年,然后是2005年
You know, that was 2004 and then 2005
对你来说,那是一年挺不错的,对吧?
It was a pretty good year for you, right?
那简直太棒了。
That was incredible.
我那时完全
I was completely
你觉得结婚或者认真起来、正式在一起?
And you think marrying or like becoming serious or official?
当然。
Absolutely.
当然。
Absolutely.
没错。
Exactly.
我感觉像
I felt like,
你知道,你生命中的一部分已经
you know, part of your life is like already
好吧,现在我是个真正的男人了,你知道,我的人生圆满了,当然,有了孩子之后变化巨大,比结婚还要大得多,但在那个时刻,结婚对我来说意味着我有了家庭,一切都稳定了。
Okay now I'm a proper man, know, my life is completed you know, and that's when of course then the kids it's huge change, much bigger than getting married, but getting married in that moment for me was, right, I have my family, everything is solid now.
不过,那也是一种平衡。
It was kind of a balance though.
是的,是的。
Yes, Yes.
那是一个巨大、巨大、巨大的变化。
It was a big, big, big change.
然后2005年就这样开始了。
And then 2005 just started to roll.
我开始不断参赛,每周都打决赛,砰,砰,砰,砰。
I started to roll, played final every week, bump, bump, bump, bump.
然后戴维斯杯,那年年底我们赢得了戴维斯杯。
And then the Davis Cup, we won Davis Cup in the end of that year.
我打破了连续赢得11场决胜盘的纪录。
I broke this record of 11 live rubbers winning.
我的意思是,事情一件接一件地发生。
I mean, things were just happening one after another.
当然,我仍然有表现不佳的时候。
Of course I still had bad moments.
通常夏天我的状态都不太好。
Usually summer I don't play well.
二月的时候我又不行了。
Again February I cannot On
美国的热硬地?
hot court in US?
不管什么场地都没用。
Doesn't matter what court.
我试过红土,试过硬地,就是怎么都打不好。
I tried clay, I tried hard, I tried I just couldn't play.
我青年时期的最佳成绩是第三轮。
And my youth open best result is third round.
我
I
只是,你认为是因为疲劳吗?
just What's couldn't some tiredness do you think from
不,不,我不知道。
No, no, don't know.
我的意思是,老实说,即使今天,二十年过去了,我也无法解释。
I mean honestly even today, twenty years later I cannot explain.
我不知道为什么。
I don't know why.
我完全不明白。
I have no idea.
你认为会不会是因为整个赛季都太累了?
Do you think it's possible you get tired like throughout the season?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
不,是因为我试过了,我的意思是,在打了几场之后,我尝试休息、练习,我什么都试过了。
No, was because I tried, I mean I tried after a couple of them to take a break, practice to play it, I tried everything.
我就是打不好。
I just couldn't play.
我的意思是,我相信我在多伦多打进了四分之一决赛。
I mean I played I believe quarters in Toronto.
我的意思是,什么都没发挥出来,你知道的,为了
I mean nothing I mean, you know, for
作为一名顶尖五号选手。
being a top five player.
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Absolutely.
我输了。
I lost.
我记得在辛辛那提,但还有一件事我真的很不适应炎热天气。
I remember in in Cincinnati, but also there is one thing I really struggled in the heat.
所以这大概能解释一点原因。
So that probably explains it a little bit.
我记得我输掉了比赛
So I remember I lose
不过,这总是个错误的运动。
That's always the wrong sport, though.
是啊。
Yeah.
不是。
No.
现在一看到太阳,我就躲开。
Now when I see sun, I escape.
比如我会戴上帽子,尽力避开阳光。
Like, I put the hat and I try really to avoid sun.
如果我在阳光下,一年中大部分时间我都这样。
I really percent of the year if I'm under the sun.
所以这就是为什么我在室内打得特别好。
So that's why I played really well indoors.
我在室内几乎赢下了所有能赢的比赛,我特别喜欢室内比赛。
I won basically everything indoors that there's there's to win, so I loved indoors.
我的打法是这样,但也是因为条件太完美了。
I mean, my game as well, but also that perfect conditions.
不。
No.
但在2005年美网,我五盘输给了理查德·斯凯。
But then in US Open two thousand and five I lost to Richard, SK in five.
我记得那年开局特别好,当时我在想:我能打进大师赛吗?
And I remember because I had a great start of the year, I was like, can I make the masters or not?
知道吗?
Know?
这是你第一次晋级,对吧?
It was the first time you make it no?
嗯,是的,但看完之后,我就想,算了,我进不去了。
Well yeah, but then after you saw it, I was like, okay, I cannot make it.
那时候我已经排在第20名了,差距太大了,对吧?
Was already back then I was like 20 in the race, it's too far, right?
所以我有点放松了,但后来我去了马德里。
So I kind of relaxed, but then I went to Mets.
我赢了马德里。
I won Mets.
我去了维也纳。
I went to Vienna.
我赢了维也纳。
I won Vienna.
我赢了马德里。
I won to Madrid.
我去了马德里,那是大师赛1000级别。
I went to Madrid, which was Masters one thousand.
我在决赛中输给了拉法。
I lost the final to Rafa.
比赛。
Match.
太棒了。
Amazing.
我的意思是,他到现在还经常提起这件事。
I mean, he still talks about it.
然后我去里昂,输给了肖恩,接着去了巴黎室内赛决赛。
And then I went to Lyon, lost for Sean, then I went to Bercy final.
所以实际上,我没有获得资格。
And so that's actually, I didn't qualify.
那是但第一次
It was But the first
然后马拉特·萨芬受伤退赛了。
then Marat Safin was injured and he pulled out.
我记得当时在贝西的房间里,电话响了——那时候还没有手机,通常是接固定电话,ATP的人打来告诉我,马拉特正式退赛,我得以晋级。
So I remember I was in my room in Bercy and well the phone calls it's usually you know I back in the days there was not a mobile was pick up and the people from ATP Marat officially pulled out you qualify for it.
我简直哭了出来,能晋级第三届大师赛,情绪激动得难以形容。
Mean I cried like incredible, incredible emotions to qualify for the third masters.
年初的时候,这是你的目标吗?
At the beginning of the year, it was your goal?
或者不。
Or No.
不。
No.
完全不是。
Not at all.
当时我25岁。
Was 25.
我的意思是,我当时
I mean, I was
现在也是罗杰闪耀的时刻,当时有个叫拉斐尔的年轻人
It's also the moment now where Roger is shining, where there's a young guy called Rafael, so called
我的意思是,那几个席位,你的四五个位置一直都是锁定的。
Well, I mean, the doors were I mean, you your four, five spots were always locked.
对吧?
Right?
在那些年份,要 qualify 进大师赛,只有两个名额。
It was really to qualify for the Masters, have two spots, you know, in those years.
所以,那并不是什么正常的事,到了2000年底,我们还在布拉迪斯拉发赢得了戴维斯杯,那在我们回到克罗地亚时是个巨大的事件。
So it was not, you know, something normal that that and then two thousands then then in the end of that year so we won the Davis Cup as well in Bratislava, which was a huge event back when we came back to Croatia.
我相信有八万人在等着我们。
There was I believe 80,000 people waiting for us.
那是个盛大的场面。
It was a huge event.
然后我太累了,休息了两周,那时已经是12月15号、20号左右。
And then I was so tired I took off two weeks, and that was already like fifteen December, twenty December.
所以我说,好吧,我直接去澳大利亚。
So I said, okay, I'm going to Australia direct.
我肯定不会参加任何之前的赛事,一点机会都没有。
No chance that I'm gonna, you know, no tournaments before nothing.
于是我在圣诞节前几天开始训练,突然接到 Chennai 赛事的电话,拉法退赛了,你愿意上吗?
So I started to practice couple days before Christmas and I got a phone call from Chennai tournament, the Rafa pulled out, would you want to play?
当然,这是个不错的邀请,但我当时连一天都没练过,零训练,对吧?
And of course you know good offer and I was like but I have zero days of practice, zero, right?
我教练问我:你觉得去打怎么样?结果我赢了比赛,但脚上全是水泡。
And my coach said well how do you I don't know, feel like going and I won the tournament but blisters everywhere.
我的意思是,后来我在澳大利亚打进四强,那是我唯一有机会赢得的大满贯。
I mean anyway, so that was then quarters in Australia, the only slam that I had the chance maybe to win.
我回到克罗地亚,赢了萨格勒布的ATP赛事。
I came back to Croatia, won the ATP in Zagreb.
我的职业生涯就这样开始顺起来了。
I mean it started rolling.
那是我职业生涯中黄金时刻,2019年2月。
That was the golden moment 02/1926 of my career.
我想我最终在迈阿密对阵罗杰打了三个抢七。
And I think I played also finally in Miami to Roger three tie breaks.
这确实是我职业生涯中最美好的时刻。
I mean, was the best moment of my career.
但你最大的时刻还是几年后的2010年,对吧?或者你那时是?
But still your biggest moment came a few years later in 2010, right, or when you were?
印第安维尔斯。
Indian Wells.
是的。
Yes.
那非常出人意料。
That was very unexpected.
我的意思是,在印第安维尔斯,我总是打出最好的网球。
I mean, in Indian Wells, always played my best tennis.
我喜欢那里的条件。
I love the conditions.
那有点像室内场地,球在空中飞得很快,但场地表面却很慢。
It's a little bit like indoors where the ball goes really fast through the air, but the surface is slow.
所以对某些人来说,虽然不是出于某种特定原因,但这种条件对我来说非常理想,因为发球时我能够施加很大的压力。
So for some, well not for some reason, but that really for my game was ideal because with the serve, I was hurting a lot.
球飞得很快,而在接发球时,我有更多的时间。
The balls are flying fast And on the return, I had a little bit more time.
而且,我常用的上旋、下旋和切削,在这种场地和条件下能将对手逼入非常不舒服的位置,效果最好。
And also the kick and the spin and the slice that there are the spins that I used to really put my opponents in uncomfortable position on those surfaces, in those conditions are the best.
所以2010年我来到印第安维尔斯,打得还不错。
So 2010 I came to Inyah Wells, I played alright.
你当时的排名是多少?
What ranking were you?
不,是2020年。
No, 2020.
我当时,你知道的,那些年我回到了自己的排名。
I was, you know, I kind of in those years I went back to my ranking.
大概在二十到二十五名左右。
There was like twenty, twenty five.
我记得布赖恩·拉布,虽然现在不记得那场比赛的具体情况了,但第四轮我对阵了诺瓦克。
And I remember Brian Rabbub I don't remember now what the match is, but the fourth round I played Novak.
那是他发球状态不佳的时刻,所以我全力攻击他的发球,努力不让他顺利发挥。
It was the moment where he was struggling with his serve, so I was really attacking his serve, tried to not to that he doesn't play.
那就是我唯一的目标。
That was the only goal.
好的。
Okay.
他没法打球。
He cannot play.
所以我只是上网击球,你知道的,根本没有多拍对攻。
So just I was coming to the net, hitting, you know, just no no rallies.
所以我赢了他,在胡安·蒙纳哥的四分之一决赛中。
So I won against him, quarters at Juan Monaco.
我记得我当时想,哦,这是个绝佳的机会。
There was I lost I remember I was like, oh, it's a great opportunity.
四分之一决赛对阵蒙纳哥。
It's quarters against Monaco.
你知道,他是个不错的球员,但你知道,这是我的机会。
You know, he's a good player, but you know, You have you have my my chance.
所以我输掉了第一盘,但之后我以6-1、6-2赢下了第二和第三盘。
So I lost the first time, but then I won six one six to the third and fourth second and the third.
然后半决赛对阵拉法,中午时分,风大,条件艰苦。
And then Rafa in semis, middle of the day, windy, tough conditions.
他赢下了第一盘。
He won the first.
我真的感觉,好吧。
I really did felt like, okay.
我的意思是,这很难。
I I mean, it's tough.
他的上旋正手特别适应这种条件,总是能打到我头顶上。
I mean, he loved those conditions well because his spinny forehand, he was always going over my head.
但我以7比6赢下了第三盘,然后在决赛中对阵安迪·拉迪克。
But I I won seven six in the third and then Andy Radek in the final.
所以,又是7比6,7比6,我们打了那么多紧咬的抢七局。
So, again, seven six, seven six, we played so many tight breaks.
我和安迪,我的意思是,这……
Andy and I, I mean, it's
对你来说感觉怎么样?
How was it for you?
五年来一直稳居前十并保持竞争力,感觉如何?
Like after five years now of making it to the top 10 and being competitive?
我简直不敢相信。
I couldn't believe it.
当你那时候
When you were
已经三十多岁了吧?
already in your thirties, no?
三十岁或者
30 or
三十一岁。
31.
我当时三十一岁,在一千赛中打进了三场决赛,所以我感觉,你知道,就这样了,我赢不了了。
I was 31 and I played three finals in the one thousand's so I felt like, you know, that's it, know, I'm not going to win it.
但我感觉,好吧,这才是对的。
So, but I felt like, okay, it's the right thing.
我觉得这是对的,我觉得我配得上。
I felt like it was the right, I felt like I deserved.
我打了很多大师赛,表现不错,比如在马德里对阵拉法,第五盘7-6;对阵托马什·伯蒂奇,第五盘6-4。
I played, you know, well in many, many masters that I've, you know, Rafa 7.6 in the fifth in Madrid, Thomas Berdich 6.4 in the fifth.
你知道吗,当我在迈阿密对阵罗杰时,比分是7-6、6-7、6,我觉得自己真的配得上一个冠军头衔。
You know, I felt like I when Roger in Miami 7.67, six seven, six, I felt I really deserved one title.
但最终,冠军在我最意想不到的时候来了。
And in the end it came when I least expected.
而且你也处于几代球员之间的过渡阶段,我想你……
And you were also a bit between couple of generation with I guess you
是的。
Yes.
我打过比赛。
I played.
我想你,在罗杰、拉法、德约科维奇之后,罗利克,你觉得新一代球员有什么不同?
I guess you And after Roger, Rafa, Djokovic, Rolyk, how did you feel some changes like the new gen like what did you feel difference between?
我觉得最大的不同是,罗杰率先带来了稳定性,就是每周都参赛并争取胜利。
The biggest difference I felt like is that Roger was the one who brought it in was consistency, like playing every week to win.
因为在阿加西、桑普拉斯那个年代,这些人打红土时,
Because the generation before Agassi, Sampras, these guys, you know, they would come on clay.
他们并不会每周都参赛,有时候状态全开,
They would not really play every week, you know, and some weeks they would be fully on.
但其他时候,他们只是露个面而已。
Other ones, they would just show up.
并不是像现在这样一直保持高强度。
It was not really like all the time papa.
罗杰是第一个总是能赢的人。
Roger was really the first one that would win always.
无论是红土、草地,还是室内场地。
Clay, grass, indoors.
他真正将这一代球员提升到了一个水平,让任何人、在任何场地都难以击败他。
He was the one that really lifted that generation to the level where it was difficult to play against him always anytime at any surface.
我认为这是最大的改变,当然后来还有体能的提升,但他的移动方式、在球场上的覆盖能力,像莱顿·库伊特、胡安·卡洛斯·费雷罗、纳尔班迪安这些人,都极其稳固,技术上毫无弱点。
And that was I think the biggest and of course the physicality that came later, but the way he was moving, the way he was covering the court with Leighton Cueitt, Juan Carlos Ferreira, Nalbandi and these guys, they were super solid, no weaknesses in the game.
那可能是另一个重要的因素。
That was probably another big thing.
他们没有任何弱点。
There were no weaknesses.
他们确实没有任何弱点。
They didn't have any weakness.
对于阿加西,你知道,如果你击球,他知道如何覆盖,如果你发球靠近边线,那就是ACE球。
With Agassi, you knew that if you kick, you know, that he was covering if you if you serve close to the lines, it's ace.
桑普拉斯的后场当然是弱点。
Sampras, of course, back end is a weakness.
如果你打高球,像以前的这一代人,马克·克罗西,你知道,在他之前,这个大后场并不行。
If you go high you know, like with this older generation, Mark Croce, you knew that before him, this big back end is not.
所以这更明显了。
So It's more obvious.
这在技术上是显而易见的。
It was obvious technical.
每个人的技术上都有漏洞,但这一代球员出现后,就没有任何漏洞了。
There was technical hole in in in each, but then this generation came, there was no holes.
所以你必须找到对付他们的方法。
So you had to find the way to play them.
对我来说,这并不容易。
And for me, was not easy.
你认为谁是最难对付的对手?
And did you add one worst opponent?
是的。
Yes.
对我来说,大卫·费雷尔非常难缠。
Well, David Ferrer for me was painful.
这很
It was
对很多球员来说都很痛苦。
painful to a lot of players.
我第一次和他打的时候赢了,但因为他当时还是个孩子,之后我输了六七次,三盘比赛之类的,但我从没觉得自己有机会。
I managed to beat him first time we played, but because he was a kid and then I lost, I believe six or seven times, but like, yeah, three sets, whatever, but I never felt I had a chance.
他的接发球很好。
He was returning well.
他总是调动我跑动。
He was always moving me around.
他的反手总是平击,而且很低。
His backhand was always like flat, so low.
所以我根本没法进攻。
So I couldn't really attack.
我什么都做不了。
I couldn't do anything.
他是这一代最糟糕的对手。
So he was the worst opponent of this generation.
上一代最糟糕的是吉里·诺瓦克。
The one before was Jiri Novak.
也许你不知道,当我年轻刚出道时,我跟他打了三四次。
Maybe you don't so when I was young upcoming I played I think, I believe I played him three or four times.
我从未在任何一盘中赢过四局。
I never got to four in any set.
这根本不可能。
It was impossible.
他不像那种炫目的球员,比如吉里·诺瓦克。
And he was not like flashy you know, it's like Jiri Novak.
我相信他曾经是世界第四。
He was number four in the world I believe.
这实在是太复杂了。
It was just complicated.
他是一名伟大的球员。
He was a great player.
他就是知道该做什么、何时做,而你突然间就什么都做不了。
He just knew what to do, when to do, and and you all of a sudden, you just can't do anything.
那对我来说很艰难。
It was it was rough for me.
但幸运的是,他很快就退役了,所以我没必要和他打很多次。
But luckily, he retired very quickly, so I didn't have to play him a lot.
然后到了2012年,你宣布退役了。
And then 2012, it came your retirement.
你是怎么做出这个决定的?
How did you take that decision?
嗯,我曾经有过犹豫。
Well, I had doubts.
我从2011年开始考虑这件事。
I started to think about it in '11.
2011年迈阿密站我输得很惨,于是开始想,但你知道,当你回顾2010年印第安维尔斯的颁奖仪式时,安迪·罗迪克提到更衣室里有人说我要退役,可我根本不记得有这回事。
I had a bad loss in Miami in 2011, and I started to but, you know, just quickly, when you look at the trophy ceremony in 2010 in Indian Wells, Andy Rodik talks about locker room talk that I'm gonna retire, which I don't remember.
但一定有什么原因让它如此
But there is something that it must have so
是的,当时确实有一些讨论。
Yeah there was some discussion.
确实有一些,但我已经不记得了。
There was some, so I don't remember that.
我记得在2011年的时候,我其实挺坦然的,因为你知道,迈阿密正是红土赛季即将开始的时候。
I remember in '11 that I really, I was okay because you know also Miami it's a moment where Clay Court is coming.
是因为你觉得再也无法保持最高水平的发挥了吗?
Is it because you think you cannot perform at the highest level anymore or
是的,只是开始同时处理很多事情。
you're Yes, just well starting multiple, multiple things.
我女儿是在那一年年底出生的,但早在迈阿密比赛时,我们就知道我妻子怀孕了,带着两个孩子旅行,我不想把家人抛在身后。
My daughter was born in the end of that 11, but already so we knew that my wife was pregnant in Miami into eleven, so traveling with two kids, I didn't want to leave my family behind.
我当时25到30岁,而奖金远没有今天这么高。
I was 25, 30 and the prize money's were not the prize money's of today.
所以基本上,我那时赚不到什么钱。
So basically I was not making any money.
所以那时我意识到自己赢不了大型赛事,我心里清楚。
So it was like I couldn't win big tournaments, I knew that.
那时候,我的巅峰时期已经过去了。
That was the time, my time, the best time is over.
我的脚踝出了问题。
I had problems with my ankles.
所以你知道,这是多种因素的综合结果。
So you know it's a combination of things.
2011年迈阿密惨败之后,我产生了这些疑虑。
After the tough loss in Miami in 2011 I had these doubts.
我跟妻子谈了,她偷偷给罗杰打了电话,说:罗杰,我需要你。
I spoke to my wife and she secretly she called Roger and said, Roger, I need you.
你得来跟伊万谈谈,他正在想一些奇怪的事情。
Like you need to come and speak to Ivan because he's having weird thoughts.
罗杰真的来了,他到我的酒店找我,我根本没想到他会来。
And Roger did, he came to my hotel, so I didn't expect.
他说道:‘来吧,我们去喝杯咖啡。’
He like, Ah, let's go have a coffee.
我当时想:‘你在这儿干什么?’
I was like, What are you doing here?
于是我们开始交谈,他劝我说,现在还不是时候。
So we started to talk and he talked me into like, it's not the moment.
如果你真的想退役,那当然可以。
If you really want to retire, absolutely.
但他告诉我,我觉得现在不是时候,不过这毕竟是你的决定。
But he said, I don't think it's the moment, but it's your you know.
所以他给了我再打一年的机会,对吧?
So he bought me another year, Right?
于是我参加了接下来的第一项赛事,在蒙特卡洛表现不错。
So which I played well the first tournament I remember in Monte Carlo.
我打进了四分之一决赛。
I played quarters.
他一直在看我的比赛,这感觉很好,你知道的。
He was watching my matches and it was nice, know.
然后我在2011年打出了一个还不错的赛季。
And then I had a solid I had okay twenty eleven year.
如果现在就退役,我可能会觉得太早了。
It was I a would probably feel now too soon.
老实说,提前一年退役确实太早了。
It would have been a year too soon, honestly.
然后在2011年,我女儿出生了,于是……
And then 11 my daughter was born and then
我认为最好给自己一整年的时间,好好想想:好吧,这是我的最后一年,我要好好享受。
I think it's good to give yourself also like a whole year to like know okay this is going be my last year, I want to enjoy.
我没有那种感觉。
I didn't feel that.
当我决定继续打球时,我就想:好吧,我继续打,我没有设定截止日期。
When I decided to continue I said okay I continue, I didn't have a deadline.
好的,所以2012年并不是你退役的那一年?
Okay, so it was not that 2012 is going be your last year?
不,不,不,不是的。
No, no, no, no it wasn't.
但在2011年,我妻子怀孕八个月了,当时有一个时刻,她即将分娩,而我正在巴塞尔参加贝西之前的赛事。
But in the '11 my wife was eight months pregnant and it was like there was a moment where she was about to give birth and I was in Basel, the tournament before Bercy.
所以我基本上没参赛,赶紧赶回去陪她。
So I didn't play basically, I ran fast back to be there.
我首先想在场见证我儿子的出生,同时也想陪在我女儿身边。
I was there for my son first, so I wanted to be there also for my daughter.
但预产期推迟了,晚了四周,她成功撑过了这四周。
But then the delivery date was later, it was four weeks later and she managed to kind of got those four weeks.
在这四周里,我们就在那里等待。
So those four weeks we were just there waiting.
我没训练,你知道,我陪着我儿子,但我们在一直等,等,等。
I didn't practice, know you I was playing with my son, but you know we were waiting, waiting, waiting.
女儿出生后,有了两个孩子,我得照顾其中一个,所以又过了两三个星期我没训练。
So when my daughter was born, then with two kids you know I had to take care of one of them, so another two, three weeks I didn't practice.
所以加起来大约有七到八周,我什么都没做。
So it was like seven weeks, eight weeks where I just I did nothing.
然后我练了几个星期,去了澳大利亚,但那时我状态完全不行。
And then I practiced a couple weeks and I went to Australia and I was completely out of shape.
那时你就知道了?
That's when you knew?
嗯,我当时就是这么感觉的,而现在,距离那时已经过去一年了,我的水平离及格线都差得很远。
Well that's what I felt like and now I was far, a year before now I'm very far from like acceptable level.
于是我打了几站比赛,后来在迪拜,我带着家人去了那里,第一轮就输了。
So I played a couple more tournaments and then in Dubai I came with the family to Dubai and I lost first round.
当时计划是我在迪拜再练一周,然后飞去尼奥斯拉,家人不跟我一起去,因为太复杂了,他们会直接回家。
And so the plan was that I would practice there for another week and then I would fly to Nyawelsa, my family will not come with me because it's just too complicated, they will fly back home.
于是我多待了五天,就在我要起飞的前一天,我凌晨四点醒来,心想:结束了。
So I stayed there for five more days and the day before I was supposed to fly, I woke up at four in the morning and I was like, it's over.
就这样了。
That's it.
我
I
不想再继续了。
don't want to do it anymore.
就这样了。
That's it.
我叫醒了我妻子,她总是在这边。
And I woke up my wife, she's on this side always.
我说,结束了。
I said, it's over.
她明白了,没有再试图劝我改变主意。
And she understood, she didn't try to again, try to talk me into her.
于是我们起床,喝了一杯咖啡,接下来该怎么办?
And so we got up, we got a coffee and so how do we do it?
因为一旦做出决定,事情就结束了,但我们要怎么做呢?
Because then okay, one decision it's over, but how do we do it?
对吧?
Right?
所以是真的结束了吗?
So is it over over?
你还要参加另一个比赛吗?
Do you play another tournament?
我们怎么宣布这件事?
How do we announce it?
所以你知道,那天一整天,但最后我们决定和我的教练以及团队谈谈。
So you know that whole day, but then we decided to talk to my coach and my team in the end of the day.
所以你知道,晚餐时我们会告诉他们。
So we you know at the dinner you know we're going to tell them.
那天我进行了两次训练,还有体能训练,那是我人生中最糟糕的一天。
And that day I had two practices, fitness, like that was the worst day of my life.
没人料到会发生这种情况。
Nobody was seeing it coming.
我的意思是,
I mean,
所以我记得第一次训练糟糕得可想而知。
so I remember the first practice was bad as you can imagine.
当时我心里已经放弃了,后来我的教练告诉我,午餐时他和我的体能教练谈过,说我们必须做点什么,即使他状态空虚,也要激励他,因为情况很糟,我们需要和他谈谈。
So in my mind I was gone and my coach later he told me that at the lunchtime he spoke with my fitness coach, said we have to do something even if he's empty, need to motivate him, need to, know, it's something's bad, you know, we need to talk to him.
然后第二次训练,晚上我告诉了他,他说:哦,好吧,现在我明白你为什么完全不在状态了。于是我们决定参加蒙特卡洛站比赛,因为那是我生活过的地方,也是我取得第一个重要成绩的地方,你知道,某种程度上,现在回头看,我不确定自己会不会再这么做,但当时的主意很好,可以跟大家打个招呼,说声再见。
And then second practice And then in the evening, obviously I told him and he said, oh, okay, now I know why you completely out of So yeah, and then the decision was to play Monte Carlo because Monte Carlo is place where I lived, my first big result and you know, to kind of, I don't know honestly now looking back if I would have done it again to play that because the idea is great to kind of say hi, bye to everybody.
我很喜欢更衣室。
And I loved the locker room.
我在更衣室里得到了起立鼓掌。
I had a standing ovation in the locker room.
球员们非常感激我为这项运动所做的一切,包括政治层面。
The players really appreciated what I did for the game also politically.
我的意思是,我们没时间谈这个,但我在场上的时光并不愉快。
I mean, we don't have time to talk about that, but my time on court was not enjoyable.
我根本一点都不享受。
I really didn't enjoy it at all.
我以六比零输掉了一盘,我当时想,天哪。
I lost six love for a set, so I was like, oh my God.
所以我得拼命赢下这一局,你知道的,不能太丢脸。
So like I have to fight for the game now, you know, not to be embarrassed.
想象一下,最后一场比赛以零比零输掉。
Imagine losing love and love for, you know, last match.
我真不太能想象那种情况。
I don't I don't imagine it that much.
于是我开始感到沮丧,你知道的,很生气。
So so and started to be upset, know, pissed.
不,不行。
Like, no.
我当时就想,这根本不是我希望的告别赛方式,所以我不得不回去,开始打防守,只为了赢下几局。
I like, this is not the way I wanted to be my last match so I had to go back and start to play defensive just to win couple games.
为什么?
Why that?
是这个吗?
Was this?
伊万·多迪格,我的同胞,表现得最差。
Ivan Dodig, my countrymen, worse than all.
我的意思是,你知道,但对我来说最糟糕的是,更衣室里的每个人都清楚,我出去是跟大家告别的。
I mean you know and but for me the worst part is that everybody in the locker room knew that I'm going out there to say bye to everybody.
我不是想赢,你知道,所以我完全不明白,我们从未真正谈过这件事,但我知道他为什么那么拼命地想让我出丑,毕竟那只是……算了。
I'm not trying to win, I'm you know, so I have no idea why, we never actually talked about it, but I know I have no idea why he tried so hard to embarrass me out there because it was you know, but anyway.
根本没必要。
There was no need.
没错。
No.
不。
No.
当然。
Absolutely.
但我不知道我是否会再这么做。
But I don't know if I would have done it again.
是的。
Yeah.
但不管怎样,都已经过去了。
But, anyway, it's done.
我很高兴能收到球员们对我的认可。
I was happy to, you know, to to to do appreciation from the players that I got.
是的。
Yeah.
向球员们告别。
And say goodbye to the players.
很美好。
It was nice.
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Absolutely.
对你来说这很可怕吗?
Was it scary for you?
不。
No.
离开网球?
To leave tennis?
一点也不。
Not at all.
一点也不,因为我已经做好了准备。
Not at all because I prepared it.
好的。
Okay.
怎么做?
How?
在过去三年,也就是我职业生涯的最后三年,我与一家瑞士公司合作,他们帮助运动员为退役做准备。
I worked with a Swiss company that that prepares athletes for the retirement last three years, last three years of my career.
那位先生的名字叫丹尼尔·迈尔。
Daniel Mayer is the name of the gentleman.
我的意思是,我不知道他会不会听到这段话,但他做得非常出色。
I mean, I don't know if he's gonna listen to this, but he did amazing job.
他真的帮我很多,让我真正理解了自己——在商业世界中,我究竟是什么样的人?我是领导者还是追随者?我是更擅长为别人工作,还是更擅长当老板?
He really helped me a lot to understand who I am actually, what kind of in the business world, what kind of how to say am I a leader, am I a follower, am I you know do I function better working for somebody or am I function better as a boss?
这些方面,他真的给了我很大帮助。
And these things he really helped me a lot.
所以,我并没有——当然,你总会担心,因为我一直说,当你结束职业生涯时,就像是跳窗而出。
And so I was not I mean of course you are concerned because I always said when you stop your career it's jumping out of the window.
所以没有上升的路,只有下滑。
So there's no way up, it's down.
如果你幸运的话,只降一层楼;如果不幸运,可能就是五层、六层、七层的下滑,这在经济上肯定是下降,而且你也不知道未来会怎样。
If you're lucky it's one floor, if you're not lucky it's five, six, seven floors but it's downfall, it's downgrade in terms of definitely financially because but also you don't know what's coming right.
当然,你可以重新建立自己,甚至可能达到比以前更高的层次。
So of course you can build yourself up maybe even to the maybe higher levels of where you were.
这需要一些时间。
It's gonna take some time.
但你肯定要从不是最底层、但比你巅峰时期低得多的位置开始——毕竟运动员曾经站在世界之巅。
But you're definitely gonna start from maybe not from the bottom bottom, but from the lower floors that you, I mean, players are top of the world.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,你曾经达到过最高水平,大满贯赛事,但你必须接受这样一个事实:无论你做什么,你都不再具备从顶端开始的资格。
You know, highest possible level grand slams, these that and then you have to accept the fact that you you are not qualified, whatever you do.
我认为这非常重要:无论你退役后做什么,你都没有资格从最高处重新开始。
And this is I think very important, whatever you're going to do after a career you're not qualified to start from the top.
是啊,你没达到自己原本预期的水平。
Yeah you're not as good as you were intending.
没错。
Exactly.
而这是很多球员所不具备的。
And this is something that a lot of players don't have.
我认为这也是一个提升自我作为人的绝佳机会,它会教会你谦逊和勤奋。
I think it's also a good opportunity to improve as a human, It will teach you humility, hard working.
它给了你陪伴家人的时间,当然也给了你空闲时间。
Gives you family time, gives you time obviously.
你知道吗,当我从蒙特卡洛球场走下来的那一刻,我就被Sky Italia找去合作了。
You know, was incredible that the moment I walked off the court in Monte Carlo, I was approached by Sky Italia to do something for them.
所以我 literally 只有三秒钟的时间还不知道接下来要做什么。
So I had literally three seconds of not knowing what I'm gonna do you know.
但在真正发生之前,你已经有明确的想法了,对吧?
But before the actual moment you had like a clear idea of what you wanted to do?
不,完全没有。
No, zero.
当然,你想要给自己一些时间。
Absolutely You wanted to give, take some time.
所以作为一家人,我们决定留在摩纳哥。
So what we had as a family, we decided we're going stay in Monaco.
那是我们必须做的决定,因为当时孩子还小,一个三岁,另一个才三个月左右。
That was the decision we had to make because at the time, know, kids more small, three and one or three and few months.
所以没有上学,也没有工作,你真的可以自由做任何想做的事,去任何想去的地方。
So no school, no job, like you're literally free to do whatever you want and go whatever you want.
因此,我们一家人决定在摩纳哥待三年,这就是我们的承诺。
So we decided as a family to going to stay in Monaco for three years, that was the commitment.
然后我们看看事情会如何发展,会走向何方。
And then we see how things will evolve, how it's going to go.
而这就是我们的决定。
And then that was the decision.
然后我不知道会发生什么。
And then I didn't know what was going to happen.
接着,显然整个世界都打开了,因为发生了很多事情。
And then obviously then the whole world opened up because a lot happened.
这个过渡非常快,
The transition was quite fast,
进展很快,几个月里内容丰富,令人难以置信。
a Was fast, few months was rich, was incredible.
当然,电视一直都在,当我需要时它还在,我对此心怀感激,也非常珍惜我在Sky Italia的经历。
TV of course was was there and still there when I want, and I'm I'm thankful and I love my experience with Sky Italia.
但你知道,曾经有一段时间我在教练罗杰。
But, you know, there was the moment where I was coaching Roger.
我没有这么做,因为我觉得这不兼容。
I didn't do it because I think it's not compatible.
即使现在我为FFT工作,我也只做一两周。
Even now that I work with FFT, I do low one or two weeks.
我的意思是,实际上,有些工作是可以兼容的,有些则不行。
I mean, literally, it's it's not, you know, it's with some jobs, it's compatible with others.
不是的,没错。
It's not Yeah.
而且没有必要制造利益冲突。
And there's no need to put conflict of interest.
但甚至都不是冲突的问题。
But it's not even the conflict.
我的意思是,你评论网球比赛,这和你所做的工作并不冲突,只是我的时间不够。
I mean, you comment tennis matches, it's not a conflict with the work that you do, but it's just my time.
这太耗费时间了。
It's it's time consuming.
我觉得现在,我想尽可能多地把时间投入到法国网球中。
And I feel like now, I mean, I want to try to give my time to French tennis as much as I can.
这基本上就是我们今天的情况。
That's basically where we are today.
但无论如何,后来我开始做管理,然后又做教练,试了很多不同的事情。
But anyway, so then I had management, then I had coaching, had like, I tried a lot of things.
你当时在管理伯蒂奇,对吧?
You were managing Berdich no?
我确实管理过他,2013年伯蒂奇是我第一个客户,我开始为他做管理,但突然有一天他打电话给我,说我的耐克合同快到期了,你能帮我一下吗?
I was, Berdich was my first client in 2013, started managing him but also out of nowhere he called me up and said like, you know my Nike contract is expiring, can you help me out?
我之前的经理也说,也许你能帮我,我觉得这最初只是偶然发生的。
And my former manager said like maybe you can help me, I think you know it started really occasionally.
我知道托马斯·约翰松在摩纳哥,他当时在和H&M合作,所以我只是把事情联系了起来,你知道的。
I knew that Thomas Johansson who's in Monaco, he was working with H and M So he was looking, so I just connected the dots, you know.
所以事情进展得非常顺利。
So it worked out really well.
于是我开始和他合作,后来这份管理工作逐渐发展成帮助年轻球员,但我大约一年半前就停止了,是的,一年半前,因为这变得压力太大了。
So I started to work with him and that management business then developed later into also trying to help out the youngsters and which I then stopped year and a half ago, I believe, yes, a year and a half ago because it became very stressful.
当时,这个想法很好。
At the time, idea is good.
我认为管理领域仍然有空间,好的管理公司仍有市场。
I think still there is a room for management, good management companies.
虽然竞争很激烈,但我认为只要你做得好,就会得到认可。
There is a lot of competition out there, but still I think if you do the good job, you're going to be appreciated.
但我一年半前就停止了这项工作,然后,当然,教练工作也接踵而至,那是
But I stopped this year and a half ago and then, you know, the coaching of course came along as well, which was
你从劳尼奇开始的。
You started with Raunich.
劳尼奇。
Raunich.
你是怎么开始的,也就是说,
How did you start the fact of okay.
嗯,他之前的经纪人是我的前经纪人。
Well, he well, my former agent was his agent.
所以当他当年和加洛·布兰科结束合作后,他们打电话给我,让我去罗马见米洛斯。
So when he was he when he stopped with Gallo Blanco back in the days, they called me up to come to Rome to speak to Milos.
然后我飞到罗马,和他谈了谈,向他概述了我对他的比赛以及对一些事情的看法,他问了我的时间安排。
And then I so I flew down to Rome and I spoke to him and I just told him general idea what I see his game and how I see things and he asked me my availability.
我说,全年五十二周。
I said fifty two weeks.
我的意思是,如果我要当教练,就必须证明自己能胜任,对吧?
I mean I felt like if I'm going to coach, have to prove that I can do it, right?
我不喜欢这样,我给所有前球员的建议是:别一上来就说,我只能做十五周,我只能做二十周。
And I don't like, I give this advice to all the former players, don't come in with, I can do fifteen weeks, I can do twenty weeks.
我的意思是,一旦你证明了自己和你的球员都能胜任这份工作,之后你再慢慢安排自己的时间。
I mean once you prove yourself and your player and everybody you can do the job, then later you're gonna start organize yourself.
但你不能一开始就谈能做多少周,事情不是这样运作的。
But you cannot start this with you know how many weeks and it doesn't work like that.
至少我是这么看的。
At least that's how I saw it.
所以我们从法网开始,那是我们的第一个赛事。
So we started in Roland Garros, was the first tournament.
刚开始很艰难。
It was tough beginning.
接着是草地赛季,本以为他会所向披靡,结果在哈雷公开赛首轮输给了加尔菲,又在伊斯特本公开赛首轮输给了多迪格。
Then grass where you would think he was gonna kill everybody lost like first round in Halle to Gael, first round in Eastbourne to I believe Dodig again.
然后在温布尔登第二轮就出局了。
And then second round Wimbledon.
对吧?
Right?
所以我想,好吧,这个考验期没成功。
So I thought, okay, I mean, this testing period didn't work out.
就这样结束了。
That's it.
温布尔登之后,我们坐下来谈了谈,说:好吧。
So after Wimbledon, sat down and we spoke and we said, okay.
所以我告诉他,我不知道你怎么想,但对我来说,如果要继续下去,我愿意投入全部时间和精力,但我需要一个全职的体能教练,因为他当时有个很棒的西班牙体能教练,现在也一样出色,但他无法全程随行。
So I told him, I don't know what you're thinking, but for me in order to continue, I'm ready to put my time and my everything in, but I want I need the fitness coach who is full time with you because he had the Spanish fitness coach who was great and still is, but he was not available to travel with him full time.
所以我跟他说,我们需要全职的体能教练,还需要其他一些东西。
So I said we need fitness full time, we need you know a couple other things.
如果你觉得你能胜任,而且你愿意这么做,那他真是太棒了。
If you think that I can do the job and if you are ready to do this and he was amazing.
他说,没问题。
He was like, no problem.
他拿起电话,噼里啪啦地一通联系,咱们走吧。
He'd pick up the phone, pop, pop, pop, let's go.
我的天,简直疯狂。
I mean, was crazy.
我很欣赏米罗什心里非常清楚自己想要什么、不想要什么。
And I love that like Miroshi was very, very clear in his mind what he wants and what he doesn't want.
而你从一名优秀球员转型成为教练,刚开始时感觉如何?
And for you to start as a coach after being a great player, how was it to be like on the other
另一边?
side?
很奇怪。
Was It was weird.
你如何努力提升?
How did you try to improve?
你从PIAT那里吸取了经验吗?
Did you take experience from PIAT?
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Of course.
我的意思是,我大量借鉴了这些经验,德卡图尔是培养球员最顶尖、最有名的教练之一,你知道的。
I mean, of course, I used a lot of that, and Decatur is one of the biggest and the best coaches that forms the players, you know.
所以,里卡多,我当然从他身上学到了很多,结合我自己的球员经验,这很棒,但你仍需让自己处于一个愿意学习的位置。
So Ricardo, obviously I learned a lot from him combination with my playing experience, think is great, but you have to put yourself in a position still to learn.
我和保罗·阿纳孔聊了很多。
I spoke a lot to Paul Anacon.
我经常去和一些优秀的教练交流,只是为了倾听和学习,因为这是份不同的工作。
I spoke, to like great coaches just to listen, to learn because it's a different job.
你不再处于
You're not in a
聚光灯下了。
spotlight anymore.
这不再关乎你。
It's not about you.
这真的完全不关乎你。
It's so not about you.
这关乎球员,对吧?
It's about the player, right?
所以,当人们说,‘你发球很强,所以你能帮助发球强的球员’时,我和你一样讨厌这种说法。
So if you and I hate too when the people say, yeah you had a big serve so you can help big servers.
我当时就想,是的,但事情并不是那样的。
I was like, yeah but it doesn't work like that.
或者你红土打得很好,所以你能帮助红土球员。
Or you played well on clay so you can help players on clay.
不,我的意思是,网球就是网球。
No, mean tennis is tennis.
你理解还是不理解。
What you understand or you don't understand.
这并不是
It's not
如果真是这样,过一段时间我早就成为职业选手了。
you know if that was the case I would be already a pro after a while.
确实不是这样。
It doesn't, yes.
看到卡洛打球的时候,但不幸的是,我不是职业选手。
By the time seeing Carlo play, but unfortunately you know I'm not a pro.
存在很多误解
There is a lot of misunderstanding
在这种
in this
方式上,你知道你对网球了解多少。
way like you know what do you know about tennis.
我打过所有场地,我知道,我今天仍然开放学习,也很高兴能了解更多。
I played, on every surface, I you know, I'm open still today to learn and I'm happy to get to, you know, to know more.
而且,正如我所说,我一直认为,作为一名曾经排名前三、赢得重要赛事的前球员,这种组合非常好,我很享受它。
And in combination, as I said, I always said, as a former player who was top three and winning important things, I think this combo is is great and I enjoy it.
对吧?
Right?
所以我真的很享受与米洛斯合作的两年半时间。
So I really did enjoy it with Milos two and a half years.
然后当然,与罗杰合作了大约六年半。
And then of course with Roger, about six and a half.
实际上,时间更短一些,因为他在最后阶段受伤了。
Well, actually it was less because he was injured in the last period.
但说到学习,我从中学到了很多。
But then, I mean, talking about learning things, I learned a lot from that.
对我来说,那是一段难以置信的经历。
I mean that was incredible experience for me.
我也很高兴能稍微回馈他一点,因为显然他比我对网球更了解,刚开始时他就说:我知道的网球比你多。
I was happy to be able also to give a little bit to him because obviously I mean he knows tennis more than me and we spoke about it when at the beginning he said, I know, I know tennis more than you.
但我仍然觉得,如果他足够谦逊,真正选择教练时,我就听你的,你是老大。
I still I still you know, I'm if he was humble enough to really when he chooses the coach, I'm in for you, you know, you are the boss.
那真是一段了不起的经历。
And that was that was that was amazing experience.
你刚开始和他合作时容易吗?
Was it easy for you to start working with him?
因为你们年龄差不多,你说过,你们一直一起打球,他总是更强,是的。
Because at the end you're more or less same age as you say, no, you were always playing with him and he was always better, Yes.
很简单。
Quite simple.
我的意思是,这有点奇怪,因为他可是罗杰·费德勒,而且他的世界规模如此庞大。
I mean, was weird in a way that he was Roger Federer and also the magnitude of his world.
他的世界太大了,我不得不去适应,这并不容易。
It was so big that I had to adapt, and it's it was not easy.
但具体是哪方面呢?
But In which way?
你指的是哪方面?
What do you mean?
他有多忙,每天有多少事情要处理,以及他做事的速度。
The he's how busy he is and the amount of things he has to do every day and he does and and the speed that he functions.
你就是得去适应。
And and and it's just it's just you you need to adapt.
真的太多了。
It's really a lot.
但网球本身其实很简单,因为我们经常聊网球。
But tennis as such was very easy because we spoke about tennis a lot.
我们以前就是朋友。
We we were friends before.
在我们合作之前,他有时会给我打电话,向我征求意见。
He would have he sometimes he would have he also called me before we worked together, asked me advice.
所以他了解我是怎么看网球的。
So he knew how I see tennis.
所以根本不需要磨合期。
So there was no testing period.
就这样,我们开始合作了,对吧?
It was okay, we work together, right?
所以在网球方面,事情非常简单,一点也不复杂。
So in in tennis sense was quite simple, was not complicated at all.
我对他认为自己该做什么有清晰的想法,这很有帮助。
I had a clear idea what I think he should do, so that helped.
当然,后来事情并没有如愿发展。
And obviously then, I mean, didn't work out right.
但人们认为,好吧,立刻就不行了。
But people think, okay, it's immediately no.
生活中没有魔法。
There's no magic in life.
生活中没有魔法。
There's no magic in life.
16岁时他伤了膝盖。
16 he hurt his knee.
他做了第一次手术,直到红土赛季才复出。
He got first surgery, didn't play until clay.
红土赛季表现不佳。
Clay was bad.
他伤了背部,然后去了温布尔登。
He hurt his back, went to Wimbledon.
膝盖肿胀了。
The knee swells was swallow swelling.
输给了米洛斯·拉奥尼奇,而我当时正在执教他,总是这样。
Lost to Milos Raunin, who I was coaching is always like this.
总是这样。
Always.
总是在半决赛。
In in semis.
就在你面前。
In your face.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
我和罗杰的第一个赛事是布里斯班。
Well, the first tournament with Roger was Brisbane.
他在决赛中输给了米洛斯。
He lost the final to Milos.
不。
No.
但这一切
But it's all
就是这样,这是经典。
the way It's a classic.
对吧?
Right?
经典。
Classic.
温布尔登之后,我的意思是,他决定休息六个月。
And then after Wimbledon, we I mean, he decided, okay, six months off.
我们需要修复这个膝盖。
We need to fix this knee.
他并没有受伤,但膝盖功能不好。
He was not injured, but it was not functioning well.
所以,这是我认为他职业生涯中最重要、最关键的决定,因为它为我们争取了六个月的训练时间。
So that was the biggest and the most important decision that was made I think in his career because it gave us six months of practice.
当然,他休假了,我的意思是,你有时间。
And he took off, of course, I mean, you have time.
他和家人去度假了,但从八月开始,就是训练、训练、训练、训练。
He went out for the vacation with his family, but then August fitness, fitness, fitness, fitness.
然后我们在九月重新开始打网球。
And then we started with tennis September.
所以我们有时间去打造一切,后来你在2017年和2018年看到的那些成就,都是由此而来。
So we had time to build everything that then you saw that happened in '17 and '18.
然后奇迹发生了,但在此之前是艰苦的努力。
And then magic happened, but hard work came before that.
你觉得在这六个月的经历之后,最初当然是为了疗伤。
Do you think so after this experience of the six months, obviously it was at first to start to heal injury.
但在网球运动中,你觉得比赛太激烈了,根本没时间真正休息一下吗?
But do you think in tennis, I mean, it's too intense and you don't have time to walk on anything really.
就像这样,当你有时间时,你会看到巨大的变化发生。
And like this, you saw like big changes happen after when you have time.
我认为,当然如此。
I think, well, absolutely.
我认为,现在我在法国网球联合会工作,正努力分享我关于训练的经验和知识。
I think, I mean now with my work at the French Federation, I'm trying to share my experience and knowledge about practice.
休息几周和训练的重要性是巨大的。
I sting importance of weeks off and practice is huge.
老实说,在法国,我感觉不到这种‘积累-比赛-积累-比赛’的文化,你知道的,就是不停地打、打、打、打,休息一下,再打、打、打、打,休息一下,再打、打。
I honestly here in France don't feel that there is this culture of build up, play, build up, play, you know it's play, play, play, play, wake off, play, play, play, play, wake off, play, play.
但你并没有给自己时间去提升,对吧?
And okay, but you don't give yourself time to improve, right?
我指的是体能、技术、战术层面,你根本没有时间。
And I'm talking about physical, I'm talking about technical, I'm talking about strategical, you just don't have time.
我当球员时也是这样,因为里卡多是非常传统的人,赛季结束后的六周,不管怎样,前两周只练体能。
And I was like that as a player because Ricardo was very old school, end of the season, six weeks, no matter what, first two weeks fitness only.
然后呢,你知道,当时情况非常如此,我想你现在的问题是:如今的情况是否符合你期望的样子?
And then we, you know, it was very and I think now your question was, is it today like it is the way you want it to be?
对吧?
Right?
因为你有选择的余地。
Because you can choose.
当然,你必须付出代价,也许你需要在其他地方放弃一些收入,但我坚信,如果没有适当的训练和积累,就不可能有进步。
Of course you have to pay the price and you know, maybe you're to give up some money somewhere else, but I do believe strongly that without proper practice and build up there's no progress.
你的成绩可能会因为经验与信心的提升而上升,但如果进步跟不上,成绩就会下滑,然后又回升,始终无法形成持续的积累。
This is, your results can go up because you gain experience, confidence, but if your progress doesn't follow, then it's going to go down and then it's going to go up and there is no consistent buildup.
而正是在这一点上,如果你看看顶尖选手的赛程安排,比如三大巨头。
And this is where these top players, if you look at scheduling of the big three.
他们对自己的赛程安排非常明智。
They're being wise with their schedule.
我的意思是
I mean
所以,我觉得让我很惊讶的一点是,当球员状态不好时,他们不是停下来练习并尝试改进,反而参加更多比赛,结果在更多的一轮、二轮就出局了,这根本帮不上忙。
So like, I think one of the things that surprised me a lot is like when people are players are not playing well, instead of stopping to practice and try to change, they start playing more tournaments and they start losing even in more first round, second rounds, which is not helping
完全没用。
at all.
对我来说,要解决这个问题,可以这样想:现在世界上最好的球员,比如辛纳,或者女生中的扎巴伦卡,随便谁,只要她一年没打比赛。
Well, for me, the way to kind of attack this subject imagine now Sinner or whatever who is the best in the world and girls, mean, Zabalenka, you name it, Suciontech, it doesn't matter, doesn't play for a year.
排名归零,但她身体状态良好,这一年一直在训练,这有问题吗?
Ranking zero, but she's fit and healthy, she practiced for a year, is it a problem?
她的排名很快就能回升,因为她的水平还在。
It's going to take no time to bring the ranking up because the level is there.
所以,关键在于水平。
So it's all about the level.
当然,排名30和排名80是不一样的,但如果你排在80位,那肯定有原因。
Of course that you know if you are ranked 30 or 80 it's different because it is, but if you are 80 there is a reason why you're 80.
肯定哪里出问题了,我的意思是,如果你曾经是前十,现在却排在80位,那一定有问题。
There's something well wrong, I mean if you have been in top 10 and you're 80 there's something wrong.
我认为,当你犹豫不决、不知道该做什么时,应该休息一段时间,好好训练,变得更好、更强,让头脑更清晰。
And I believe that if you're in doubt, when you don't know what to do, take time off, practice, Get better, get stronger, get your mind clear.
在排名末尾,你完全可以很快恢复过来。
At the end of ranking you can recover it quite
排名快速回升没什么用,排名只是你水平的结果。
Ranking fast is nothing, ranking is a result of your level.
没错,正是如此。
Yeah exactly.
如果你专注于提升水平,成绩自然会来,积分也会随之而来。
And if you work on your level results will come and the points will come.
但问题是,如果你总是追逐某些东西,就永远不会去真正打磨水平。
But the problem is that if you kind of chase always something, you never work on that.
我特别讨厌球员说:‘我要去打个比赛,顺便在那儿练练。’
And I hate when the players say, yeah I'm going to go play the tournament and I'll practice there.
你根本不可能在比赛中训练。
You don't practice at the tournaments.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。