本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎收听《每日斯多葛》播客,每天我们都会为您带来一篇受斯多葛哲学启发的冥想,帮助您在日常生活中找到力量、洞察与智慧。
Welcome to the Daily Stoic Podcast, where each day we bring you a Stoic inspired meditation designed to help you find strength and insight and wisdom into everyday life.
每一集都基于拥有两千年历史的哲学,这种哲学曾指引着历史上最伟大的男女,帮助您向他们学习,效仿他们的榜样,并以勇气、自律、正义与智慧开启新的一天。
Each one of these episodes is based on the 2,000 year old philosophy that has guided some of history's greatest men and women, help you learn from them, to follow in their example, and to start your day off with a little dose of courage and discipline and justice and wisdom.
如需更多信息,请访问 dailystoic.com。
For more, visit dailystoic.com.
一切都在变化。
Everything is changing.
你呢?
Are you?
事物分崩离析,传统瓦解,新技术、新威胁、新趋势层出不穷。
Things falling apart, traditions crumbling, new technologies, new threats, new trends.
欢迎来到古罗马。
Welcome to ancient Rome.
欢迎来到过去、现在与未来。
Welcome to the past, the present, and the future.
一直以来都是这样。
It has always been this way.
你明白吗?
You understand?
变化与流动不断重塑着世界,马可·奥勒留曾在《沉思录》中写道,这正是历史上一个无可争议的动荡时期,正如时间永不停歇的进程不断重塑着永恒。
Change and flux constantly remakes the world, Marx Releus wrote in Meditations During an Indisputably tumultuous period of history, just as the incessant progression of time remakes eternity.
事情当然混乱而艰难,但他明白,事物总是在变化,总是在危机中,总是在被打乱,总是在变成新的模样。
Things were confusing and difficult, sure, but he understood that things were always changing, always in crisis, always being disrupted, always becoming something new.
那么问题不是我们该如何阻止这一切?
The question then is not how do we stop this?
问题是,我们该如何改变并适应它?
The question is how are we going to change and adapt to it?
斯多葛学派提醒我们,不必害怕变化,因为我们自己就是变化的产物。
We don't need to be scared of change, the Stoics remind us, because we ourselves are products of change.
如果我们想在这个时代生存并繁荣,就必须持续改变与进化。
And if we want to survive and thrive in this moment we're in, we're gonna need to keep on changing and evolving.
这是唯一的出路。
It is the only way.
无论是人工智能、经济不稳定、冲突还是气候变化,无论是宏观层面的大问题,还是你个人生活中的小事——婚姻走向终结、新生儿从医院回家、一份新工作、挚爱之人的离世。
Whether it's AI or economic instability or conflict or climate change, whether it's big macro issues or stuff in your personal life, a marriage coming to an end, a baby coming home from the hospital, a new job, the loss of a loved one.
2026年会像往年一样,迅速向你袭来。
2026 is gonna come at you fast, as every year does.
它会带来挑战,并要求你做出改变。
It will bring challenges and it will demand changes.
它不会接受任何拒绝。
It will not take no for an answer.
你必须做出改变。
You are going to need to change.
你必须成长。
You are going to need to grow.
你需要调整、适应并不断进化。
You're going to need to adjust and adapt and evolve.
那你现在为什么不马上开始呢?
So why don't you get started on that right now?
我每年一开始都会设定一系列变化和有意识的挑战。
I start every single year with a bunch of changes with a bunch of deliberate challenges.
这就是《每日斯多葛》的新年新我挑战,持续21天的斯多葛式挑战,帮助我在每一年伊始变得更好,2026年也不例外。
That is the daily stoic new year, new you challenge, which is twenty one days of stoic inspired challenges that helps me become better at the start of every year, and 2026 is no different.
我们几个月来一直在努力做这件事,我对此感到非常兴奋。
We've been working hard on this thing for months, and I'm really excited about it.
我希望你能加入我,和全球成千上万的斯多葛信徒一起参与《每日斯多葛》新年新我挑战。
And I hope you will join me and thousands of other stoics all over the world doing the Daily Stoic New Year New You Challenge.
它将在1月1日开始,但你现在就可以报名, hopefully 提前为迎接新的一年做好准备。
It's gonna start on January 1, but you can sign up right now and hopefully get ready to tackle a new year before it is here.
我非常期待在活动中见到你。
I'd love to see you in there.
你现在就可以前往 dailystoic.com/challenge 报名。
You can sign up right now at dailystoic.com/challenge.
这将会很棒,但它很快就要开始了。
It's gonna be awesome, but it starts here really soon.
它将在1月1日开始,所以你得在太晚之前报名。
It's gonna start on January 1, so you gotta sign up before it's too late.
dailystoic.com/challenge。
Dailystoic.com/challenge.
我在那里等你。
I will see you in there.
人类,你的身体有一条性能高速公路。
Human, your body has a performance superhighway.
六万英里的血管,将氧气和营养物质输送到每一个细胞。
60,000 miles of blood vessels that deliver oxygen and nutrients to every cell.
这当然就是你的心血管系统。
This, of course, is your cardiovascular system.
它是支撑我们所有活动的基础系统。
It's the foundational system that powers everything we do.
无论是精英运动员还是长寿专家,都会直接投资于心血管系统,因为支持健康的血液循环对能量、恢复、思维清晰度和整体表现至关重要。
Both elite athletes and longevity experts invest directly in the cardiovascular system because supporting healthy blood flow is critical for energy, recovery, mental clarity, and overall performance.
这就是Human的用武之地。
That's where human comes in.
Human,拼写是两个n。
That's human with two n's.
他们起源于我居住地附近德克萨斯大学的研究,拥有十五年制作获奖型补充剂的经验,专注于一氧化氮生成和健康血液循环,如今已被超过160支职业和大学运动队使用。
They started out of research at the University of Texas near where I live and have fifteen years of experience making award winning supplements for nitric oxide production and healthy blood flow, now used by over a 160 pro and college sports teams.
Human心血管健康每日补充剂采用植物配方,含有经过临床研究的成分,如葡萄籽和海藻提取物。
Human Cardiovascular Health Daily is a plant based and made from clinically studied ingredients like grape seed and seed kelp extract.
它支持一氧化氮生成,促进健康血液循环和能量供应,同时有助于维持血压,并支持血管内壁的健康。
It supports nitric oxide production for healthy blood flow and energy while also supporting blood pressure and helping support the delicate interlining of your blood vessels.
每天早晨服用两粒胶囊,不仅能提升能量和促进恢复,还能长远地支持血管健康和健康衰老。
Just two capsules each morning will power energy and recovery while also playing the long game by supporting long term vascular health and healthy aging.
Human为我们的听众提供了独家优惠。
Human has an exclusive offer for our listeners.
你可以访问 human.com/stoic,首次购买额外享受15%折扣。
You can visit human.com/stoic for an extra 15% off your first purchase.
结账时输入代码 s t o I c,即 stoic。
That's enter code s t o I c, stoic at checkout.
访问 human 有两个 n 的网站 com/stoic,结账时使用代码 stoic 可额外享受15%折扣。
That's human with 2n's.com/stoic for an extra 15% off with code stoic at checkout.
我们住在一个万圣节街道上。
So we live on a Halloween street.
我们搬来时就知道这是个万圣节街道,但很快它就变成了感恩节街道,接着又成了圣诞节街道。
We knew it was a Halloween street when we moved there, and then it has quickly become a Thanksgiving and then a Christmas street.
每个人都争相比拼各自的装饰品。
Everyone's vying to outdo each other with their decorations.
我承认,随着竞争越来越激烈,节日的氛围不知不觉就悄悄逼近了。
And I'll admit it sneaks up on us, especially as the competition gets more and more.
节日来了。
The holidays are here.
如果你正在寻找节日装饰品或家中临时的翻新物品,可以通过Wayfair快速买到你需要的一切。
And if you're looking for holiday decor or last minute refreshes around the house, get what you need fast with Wayfair.
我们就是在那里买了许多圣诞装饰品和各种必需品,因为有些我妻子的家人要来家里过节,比如毯子、床单之类的物品。
That's where we got a bunch of our Christmas decorations and a bunch of essentials because we have some of my wife's family visiting us for the holidays, blankets, linens, all that kind of stuff.
你可以在Wayfair上买到所有这些东西。
You can get all of it at Wayfair.
你还可以买到沙发、餐桌、床、书桌等大件家具,而且全部免费配送。
You can also get big stuff like sofas and dining tables, beds, desks, and more all shipped for free.
他们在家具配送上没有高额的运费。
They don't have huge delivery fees for furniture.
在同一个便捷的地方,找到从家具和装饰品到家电和炊具的所有必备好物。
Find all your must haves from furniture and decor to appliances and cookware all in one convenient place.
以更低的价格,买到节日临时招待的必需品、送给亲人的礼物以及节日装饰品。
Get last minute hosting essentials, gifts for all your loved ones, and decor to celebrate the holidays for way less.
立即前往wayfair.com,选购所有家居用品。
Head to wayfair.com right now to shop all things home.
Wayfair.com。
Wayfair.com.
Wayfair,各种风格,每个家。
Wayfair, every style, every home.
确立你自己的立场。
Stake your own claim.
这是《每日斯多葛》12月22日的条目。
This is the December 22 entry in the Daily Stoic.
今天我们引用的名言来自塞内加的《道德书简》第33篇。
And our quote today comes to us from Seneca Moral Letters 33.
对于一个年迈之人,或即将步入老年的人而言,仅靠笔记中记载的知识是可耻的。
For it's disgraceful for an old person or one in sight of old age to have only the knowledge carried in their notebooks.
芝诺说过这句话,那你怎么说?
Zeno said this, but what do you say?
克雷安提斯也说过这句话,你怎么看?
Cleanthes said this, what do you say?
你还要被他人的主张束缚多久?
How long will you be compelled by the claims of another?
掌控自己的人生,确立自己的主张,让后世将它记入他们的笔记中。
Take charge and stake your own claim, something posterity will carry in its notebook.
爱默生在自己的笔记中思考不朽这一主题时,抱怨作家们总是依赖引语来回避难题。
Musing in his own notebook about the topic of immortality, Emerson complained about how writers dance around a difficult topic by relying on quotes.
我讨厌引述,他写道。
I hate quotation, he wrote.
告诉我你所知道的。
Tell me what you know.
我稍后给你讲讲这件事的背景。
I'm gonna tell you a little backstory about that in a second.
塞内加早在两千年前就抛出了同样的挑战。
Seneca was throwing down the same gauntlet some 20 centuries before.
引用他人智慧的箴言更容易,尤其是当你所仰赖的人物如此德高望重时。
It's easier to quote to rely on the wise words of others, especially when people you're deferring to are such towering figures.
独自表达自己的想法更困难,也更令人畏惧。
It's harder and more intimidating to venture out on your own to express your own thoughts.
但你有没有想过,那些伟人那些智慧而真实的引语最初是如何产生的?
But how do you think those wise and true quotes from those towering figures were created in the first place?
你的经历是有价值的。
Your own experiences have value.
你也积累了属于自己的智慧。
You have accumulated your own wisdom too.
确立你的主张。
Stake your claim.
用文字,也用行动,为后世留下一些东西。
Put something down for the ages in words and also in example.
那时我大概二十岁出头,正在为校报写稿,我写了一篇评论,发表后反响还不错。
So I was maybe like 20, 21 years old, was writing for the college newspaper, I'd written this review, and I published it and did okay.
后来,我竟然收到了被我评论的那个人的反馈。
And then actually heard from the person I was reviewing in it.
你知道吗,他们给了我一些反馈,我就说,嘿,我们能打个电话吗?
You know, they gave me some feedback, and I said, hey, could we, like, get on the phone?
我真的想成为一名更好的作家。
I would really I just wanna grow as a writer.
你能给我一些反馈吗?
Can you give me some feedback?
他们正在审阅时,指出了其中所有的引文。
And they're going through it, and he was pointing out all the quotes in it.
他第一次向我推荐了爱默生的那句话。
And he gave me that Emerson quotation for the first time.
他说,爱默生曾经说过类似的话:我讨厌引述。
He said, Emerson said something like, I hate quotation.
告诉我你所知道的。
Tell me what you know.
这一课一直伴随着我所有的写作。
And that lesson has stuck with me in all of my writings.
是的。
Yes.
我谈论斯多葛学派。
I talk about the Stoics.
我的写作受到斯多葛学派的影响,在很多方面,我试图向人们介绍斯多葛学派。
My writing is influenced and is, in many ways, an attempt to introduce the Stoics to people.
但在写完书后,我会反复修改自己的作品,先问自己:我想表达什么?
But one of the passes that I do on my own books, as I go through them, after I've written, I I write them just what do I wanna say?
我的论点支持是什么?
What's my, you know, what's my supporting arguments?
我该如何加以说明?
Like, how do I wanna illustrate it?
然后我会检查:我在哪里过度依赖引文了?
And then I go through and I go, where am I over relying on quotes here?
我可以在哪里去掉它们?
Where can I get rid of them?
我在哪里过度争论了,或者没有告诉你我自己的见解,而是告诉你别人知道的东西?
Where am I over arguing things or not telling you what I know, but telling you what someone else knows?
说到引述,我听过纳西姆·塔勒布的一个规则,他说你只应该在不同意别人观点时才引用他们。
Speaking of quotes, there's a rule I heard from Nassim Taleb where he actually said, you should only quote people when you disagree with them.
重点是要基于自己的观点独立论证。
The point is make your own arguments on your own merits.
但我认为这是斯多葛实践中的一个非常重要的部分。
But I think this is a really important part of the stoic practice.
如果你想想马可的《沉思录》是为谁写的,它并不是马可向公众论证斯多葛主义。
If you think about what meditations was for Marcus, right, it's not him arguing stoicism to the public.
而是他在对自己论证斯多葛思想。
It's him arguing the stoics to himself.
所以他偶尔也会引用一些话,但他并不太需要考虑出处问题,也完全不考虑出版或读者。
So he does use quotes from time to time, but he's not really having to think that much about attribution, and he's not really trying to think about publication or the audience at all.
他只是在思考:我需要听到什么?我知道什么是真的?什么必须说出来?我需要被提醒什么?
He's just thinking about what does he need to hear, what does he know to be true, and what needs to be said, what does he need to be reminded of.
我认为重要的是我们要明白,斯多葛主义的研究并不是单向的。
And I think it's important that we understand that stoicism, the study of stoicism, is not a one way street.
它不仅仅是从原著、我或其他人那里下载信息,还要加入你自己的见解。
It's not just downloading the information from the originals, me, from other people, but it's also putting your own spin on it.
它意味着你不同意他们。
It's disagreeing with them.
它意味着你加入自己的观点。
It's adding your own view.
斯多葛主义应当因为你学习和理解它而变得更好、更独特、更丰富。
Stoicism should be better, different, added to as a result of you having studied and learned about it.
这并不意味着你们所有人都会出版畅销书、文章或视频。
That doesn't mean you're all gonna publish best selling books or articles or videos.
它也不会被所有人熟知。
It's all gonna be well known.
但请做出你自己的贡献。
But make your own contributions.
给它加上你自己的见解。
Put your own spin on it.
大胆提出不同意见。
Feel free to disagree.
大胆争论。
Feel free to argue.
大胆反驳。
Feel free to push back.
大胆补充。
Feel free to add.
我觉得我对斯多葛主义的一个贡献,是将斯多葛主义与尼采、尤其是‘爱命运’(Amor Fati)的概念联系起来。
I feel like one of my contributions to stoicism was the connection between stoicism and Nietzsche, the idea of Amor Fati.
我是在罗伯特·格林的帮助下将这些整合在一起的。
I brought that in to also with the help of Robert Green, but I brought that together.
这是一种斯多葛主义的实践,你知道,以前并不存在,或者之前并没有完全明确的关联。
That's a practice of stoicism that, you know, did not exist before or an explicit connection that did not fully exist before.
在《斯多葛学家的生活》中,我把所有斯多葛学家的传记集中到了一处。
In lives of the stoics, I put all the stoics, their biographies in one place.
在《每日斯多葛》中,我以一种前所未有的方式将斯多葛学家们融合在一起,并提出了某些人并不认同的观点。
In the daily stoic itself, I combined the stoics in a way that they'd never been combined before, And I made arguments that some people disagree with.
我做出了一些我认为是正确的陈述,但同样,并非所有人都同意,不过这些观点此前并不存在。
I made statements that are I think are true, but not again, not everyone agrees with, but they didn't exist before.
我为它注入了自己的风格。
I put my own spin on it.
我打上了自己的烙印,而这正是你和所有听众都需要去做的——不仅限于言辞,事实上,最少需要的是言辞,最重要的是我们的行动,我们所做的事,以及我们是谁。
I put my own stamp on it, which is what you and everyone listening needs to do, not just with words, in fact, with words least of all, most of all, with our actions, with what we do, with who we are.
嘿。
Hey.
我是瑞安。
It's Ryan.
感谢您收听《每日斯多葛》播客。
Thank you for listening to The Daily Stoic Podcast.
我只是想说,我们非常感激。
I just wanted to say we so appreciate it.
我们非常享受为您服务。
We love serving you.
在我们做这个节目的短短几年里,有超过三千万人下载了这些节目,这让我们感到不可思议。
It's amazing to us that over 30,000,000 people have downloaded these episodes in the couple years we've been doing it.
这是一种荣幸。
It's an honor.
请帮忙传播一下。
Please spread the word.
告诉别人这个节目。
Tell people about it.
这并不是为了推销什么。
And this isn't to sell anything.
我只是想说声谢谢。
I just wanted to say thank you.
嘿。
Hey.
我是瑞安。
It's Ryan.
我尽量不拿我的姓氏开玩笑,因为这辈子我早就听腻了。
I try not to make too many puns on my last name because I've been hearing it my whole life.
但如果你想送一份名为‘瑞安·霍利迪’和《每日斯多葛》的节日礼物,那当然可以。
But if you want to give a holiday gift of me, Ryan Holiday, and The Daily Stoic, well, you can.
我们有一个特别优惠。
We have a special offer.
如果你想送《每日斯多葛》高级会员作为礼物,完全可以。
If you wanna give Daily Stoic premium as a gift, you can do that.
你送给的朋友、家人、同事,无论谁收到,都能享受无广告剧集、提前收听和独家附加内容。
Your friends, your family members, coworkers, whoever you give it to can get ad free episodes, early access, and exclusive bonus content.
此外,我们还会额外赠送《每日父亲》播客的高级剧集。
Plus, we'll even throw in premium episodes of the daily dad podcast.
你可以以七五折的价格同时购买这两种高级会员计划。
You can get both premium plans for together for 25% off.
这是一个限时优惠,仅限现在至假期结束前有效。
It's a limited offer available now through the end of the holidays.
也就是到12月31日为止。
That's through December 31.
你可以点击下方链接,今天就为他们购买。
You can click below to get it for them today.
节日快乐。
Happy holidays.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。