本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
走路。
Walking.
是的。
Yes.
这些天我们很少这样做了。
We don't do much of that these days.
似乎随着优步和其他出行方式的普及,以及我们在办公室生活和工作带来的久坐行为,走路已经过时了。
It seems to have gone out of fashion with all the Ubers and the other ways to to get around and all the sedentary behavior that we do living and working in offices.
关于走路,我们应该了解些什么?它有多重要?
What should we know about walking and how important it is?
因为说实话,我走路不多。
Because I'll be honest, I don't walk that much.
是的。
Yes.
我总是说,走路是最被低估、最被忽视、最容易获得的活动,而我们大多数人却都没有做。
I always say it's the most underrated, underutilized, easily accessible activity that most of us are not doing.
如果看看全球大多数人平均每日步数的研究,大约是4500到4900步,这意味着我们中有许多人步数更少。
If about, if you look at the research on average step count that most people globally are taking, It's about 4,500 to 4,900, which means that there's a lot of us that are taking less than that.
因此,当我与我的患者合作时,我们总是先查看他们的基础步数。
So when I'm working with my patients, we always look at baseline numbers.
你的基础步数是多少?
What's your baseline?
比如,如果一个人每天走2500步。
So for example, if you had a person who was walking 2,500 steps a day.
我的意思是,有些人可能会觉得,哇,这并不多。
I mean, some of us would be like, Wow, that's not a lot.
但对很多人来说,这已经不少了。
But for a lot of us, it is.
如果你每天多走500步,而你的基础步数是2500步,那么你患心血管疾病死亡的风险就能降低7%。
If you were to walk an additional 500 steps in a day, your baseline's 2,500, you can reduce your risk of cardiovascular mortality by seven percent.
哇。
Wow.
这更让人惊讶了。
Here's a bigger wow.
如果你每天增加1000步,就能将所有原因导致的死亡风险降低15%。
If you have a 1,000 step increase, you can reduce your risk of all cause mortality by fifteen percent.
死于任何原因?
Dying of anything?
所有原因导致的死亡。
All cause mortality.
15%。
Fifteen percent.
仅仅增加1000步就达到这个数字,真是惊人。
That's a big number for one thousand steps.
我给你讲个故事。
So, I have a story for you.
这是我的一位病人,每次谈到他,我都感到无比温暖。
This is a patient of mine, and it just warms my heart to talk about him.
因为当我见到他时,他已经被诊断出足跟疼痛两年了,当时才27岁。
Because when I saw him, he was two years into a diagnosis of heel pain, 27 years old.
所以他已经看过很多医生了。
So he had gone to see a bunch of people.
而他最后看的那位医生告诉他,每天步数要限制在2500步以内。
And the last doctor that he had seen told him to limit his step count to 2,500 steps a day.
为什么?
Why?
为了休息。
To rest.
为了让脚部休息。
To rest the foot.
现在这是慢性疼痛了。
Now, this is chronic pain now.
我们说的不是急性足跟痛。
We're not talking acute heel pain.
我们已经在这场拉锯战中耗了两年。
We are two years into this song and dance.
他在27岁的时候,却被要求每天只走2500步。
And he's being told at 27 years old to take 2,500 steps a day.
于是他来到我的诊所。
So he comes into my office.
我们谈到了所有这些情况。
We're talking about all of this.
而且他还是个四胞胎。
And he's also a quadruplet.
所以这可能是我治疗过的首批四胞胎之一。
So it was one of the first quadruplets I think I've ever treated.
因此,这就是为什么我认为疼痛如此难以处理。
So he has, you know, which is why I think pain is so difficult.
它太复杂了。
It's so complicated.
因为现在你面对的是一个27岁的年轻人,看着他的兄弟姐妹们同样27岁,享受生活,做着各种事情。
Because now you have this 27 year old who's seeing his siblings who are at 27 enjoy their life and doing all these things.
而他却被告知每天只能走2500步。
And he's being told he can take 2,500 steps a day.
所以他现在住在父亲的地下室里。
So he's now living in his father's basement.
而且他不敢超过每天2500步的限制。
And he's afraid to go above 2,500 steps.
他曾经告诉我,他说:我经常哭。
And he used to tell me, he's like, I cry a lot.
我很抑郁。
I'm depressed.
难道你不会吗?在经历了两年之后,我并没有什么神奇的运动方案可以给他。
And wouldn't you be if So there wasn't any magic exercise that I was going to give him two years into this.
也没有什么神奇的矫形器或神奇的鞋子。
There wasn't any magic orthotic or magic shoe.
他已经做了所有那些事。
He had done all of that.
如果我也这么做,那我真是羞愧。
Shame on me if I would have done the same thing.
所以我们进行了一次谈话。
So we had a conversation.
我知道我需要让他走出去,让他开始走路。
And I knew I needed to get him outside and I needed to get him walking.
这就是我的目标。
That was my goal.
别管脚跟疼了。
Forget about the heel pain.
我们根本没去关注。
We didn't even focus.
我们甚至没提起脚跟疼的事。
We didn't even talk about the heel pain.
我知道我需要带他出去,并开始让他的脚负重。
I knew I needed to get him outside and start loading his foot.
顺便说一下,这只脚两年来,走路时承受着自身体重的四到六倍。
Two years this foot, by the way, when you're walking, four to six times your body weight.
走路时,它能承受自身体重的四到六倍。
It can handle four to six times your body weight when you're walking.
但如果你没有适当负重,肌肉就会萎缩。
But you don't load it appropriately, and muscles atrophy.
所以我告诉他。
So, I told him.
我们进行了一次非常长的谈话。
We had a long, long conversation.
我说,我们要慢慢开始增加步数。
And I said, We're going to slowly start to introduce steps.
如果你想想,如果我们说每天增加1000步,对一些人来说可能听起来并不多。
And if you think about this, if we were to say, add 1,000 steps a day, to some people that might not sound like a lot.
但对于每天只走2500步的人来说,这几乎是他们日常步数的50%。
But to someone who's taking 2,500 steps, that's almost 50% of what they're doing.
所以我们引入了‘微步行’的概念,也就是五分钟的步行。
So we introduced the concept of a microwalk, which is a five minute walk.
五分钟的步行大约是500步。
So a five minute walk is about 500 steps.
好的。
Okay.
十分钟的步行大约是1000步。
A ten minute walk is about 1,000 steps.
好的。
Okay.
对吧?
Right?
这样听起来就更容易接受了,对吧?
So, that makes it a little more digestible, right?
所以,你跟他说话时,就会说:听我说,我只需要五分钟。
So, you're talking to him, you're like, Listen, all I need is five minutes.
于是我们开始了五分钟的散步。
And so we started five minute walks.
在最初的几周里,有好日子,也有坏日子,现在依然如此。
And for the first couple of weeks, there were good days, there were bad days, and there still are.
但我们开始增强他对活动的信心。
But we were starting to build his confidence in movement.
我们开始让他重新适应用脚走路。
We were starting to get him comfortable on his foot again.
这是一个我特别享受与他合作并见证变化的案例,因为如果你看步数,我知道自己目标是多少。
And it was one of those cases where I just, like, I really enjoyed working with him and watching what had happened because if you look at step counts, I knew what number I was trying to get to.
因为比如抑郁症,每天走5000步可以降低出现抑郁症状的风险。
Because if you look at depression, for example, 5,000 steps a day can reduce the risk of having symptoms of depression.
如果每天达到7500步,可以降低抑郁症的患病率。
If you get to 7,500 steps per day, it can reduce the prevalence of the diagnosis, of depression.
所以这件事一直在我心里。
So that was in the back of my head.
我觉得我们只需要继续朝着这些目标努力。
I'm like, We just got to keep working towards these numbers.
因此,在此期间,我们加强了他脚部的力量。
So while we were doing that, we were strengthening his foot.
我让他穿不同的鞋子。
I had him in different footwear.
每周结束时,我们还会聊聊三件好事。
And at the end of each week, we were also talking about three good things.
告诉我这周你遇到的三件好事。
Tell me three good things that happened to you this week.
在治疗初期,这对他来说很困难,史蒂文。
And in the beginning of treatment, it a struggle, Steven.
他很难想到生活中发生的好事。
It was a struggle for him to think about good things happening in his life.
我大概一个月前和他谈过。
And I spoke with him probably about a month ago.
他的邮件就是我的动力。
And his email is like my why.
他说,平均每天走5006步。
He was like, On average, he's walking between 5,006 steps a day.
他仍然有好日子,也有坏日子,但好日子比坏日子多。
He still has good days, or still has bad days, more good days than bad days.
但他对我说,他已经不记得上一次哭是什么时候了。
But he said to me, he's like, I can't tell you the last time I cried.
他去教堂了。
He's going to church.
他花时间陪父亲。
He's spending time with his dad.
但这并不是步数的问题。
And it's not the step count.
真正重要的是步数背后的人。
It's the person behind the step count.
这就是为什么我认为这些东西如此强大。
And that's why I think this stuff is so powerful.
我亲眼看到它改变了我的生活。
I saw it change my life.
我看到了它对我的病人产生的影响。
I saw what it does to my patients.
我的意思是,它有能力改善的不仅是你的身体健康,还有你与世界互动的方式。
I mean, has the capacity to improve not just your physical health, but how you interact with the world.
当你真正理解它对一个人生活可能带来的现实人性后果时,它的意义就完全不同了,无论是好是坏。
It has a completely different meaning when you understand the real sort of human consequences it can have on someone's life, for better or for worse.
除非我们遭遇某种伤害或问题,否则通常不会意识到我们的脚和脚踝一直都在那里。
And it's not often until we have some kind of injury or issue that we realize that our feet and ankles were there.
这在我自己的生活中确实如此。
And that's certainly been the case in my life.
直到我得了足底筋膜炎,我才意识到:天哪,我早该早点采取措施了。
It wasn't until I got plantar fasciitis that I was like, Oh my God, should have been doing something about this sooner.
就像我在录音前跟你说过的,我现在脚踝严重扭伤了。
And then as I told you before we started recording, I've currently got a high ankle sprain.
为了参加一场叫‘足球慈善赛’的活动,我在训练时拉伤了脚踝上方的一些韧带。
So I've pulled some ligaments in my the top of my ankle training for this game called Soccer Aid.
所以我现在又得重新经历一遍整个过程:反思我哪里做错了,以及本该做些什么预防措施来增强脚部力量。
So I'm now going through the whole process once again of, like, figuring out what I did wrong and what I should have been doing as a preventative measure to try and strengthen my feet.
我认为我们大多数人犯的一个错误就是选错了鞋子。
One of the things I think most of us get wrong is our footwear choices.
是的。
Yes.
你觉得这双鞋怎么样?
What do think of these shoes?
这些是女士高跟鞋,但听好了,任何人都可以穿。
These are women's heels, but listen, anyone can wear them.
现在是2025年了。
It's 2025.
你觉得这双鞋怎么样?
What do you think of these shoes?
嗯,这看起来不像脚。
Well, it doesn't look like a foot.
你的脚处于这种姿势时,并不是它应有的正常位置。
Your foot in that position is not the position it is supposed to be in.
话虽如此,但这种鞋子也有其适用的场合。
Now, with that being said, there is a time and a place.
我不认为我能说服你每天24小时、每周7天都必须穿功能性鞋子。
I don't think I'm going to win the battle of you need to wear functional footwear twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
穿这种鞋的时间应该有限制。
Time in those shoes should be limited.
就像其他事情一样,关键在于适度。
Just like with other things, it's moderation.
你有没有看到很多女性因为穿高跟鞋时间太长而受伤?
Do you see a lot of women getting injuries because they spend too long wearing heels?
我不确定急性损伤是否属于组织弱化?
I don't know if acute injury a weakening of tissue?
是的。
Yes.
因为我现在住在科罗拉多,那里没多少女性穿高跟鞋。
Because I live in Colorado now, so don't have that there's not too many women in Colorado that are wearing heels.
但当我去纽约市时,情况就完全不同了,环境也不一样。
However, when I go to New York City, it's a different conversation, different environment.
所以我说,你不想让脚长期保持这种姿势。
So I have to say, I have to use the, That is not the position that you want to keep your foot in.
它改变了你组织的结构,改变了脚部的压力。
It's changing the structure of your tissues, changing the pressures in the foot.
更不用说,不管别人怎么说,穿这种鞋走路根本不可能舒服。
Not to mention, those aren't I don't care what anybody says, that's not comfortable to walk around in.
人们会说:‘我穿高跟鞋其实很舒服。’
People will be like, Oh, I'm really comfortable in heels.
我会问:‘你真的觉得舒服吗?’
I'm like, Are you really, though?
为了好看,我们愿意付出多大代价啊,对吧?
The lengths we go to to look good, though, right?
没错。
That's right.
好吧,那我们来聊聊一些好的鞋子。
Okay, so let's talk about some good shoes then.
好的。
Okay.
我这里有两双鞋。
I've got two pairs of shoes here.
好的。
Okay.
其中一双是Vivo Barefoot,自从我开始谈论脚部问题以来,他们就一直是我的赞助商。
One of them is Vivo Barefoot, who are actually a sponsor of mine ever since I sort of started talking about feet.
然后我不认识这个品牌。
And then I don't know this brand.
这是什么品牌?
What is this brand?
这是超跑品牌。
That is ultra running.
那我们来谈谈选择一双功能性鞋子时需要注意的要点。
So let's talk about the things you want to look for in a functional shoe.
我不可妥协的一点是宽鞋头。
My non negotiable is the wide toe box.
脚趾必须能够自然展开。
The toes have to be able to splay.
当我们回顾所有之前讨论过的足部问题——拇外翻、神经瘤、锤状趾,当足前部能够展开时,脚的机能会更好。
When you think of all the diagnoses that we talked about, bunions, neuromas, hammertoes, when the forefoot can splay, the foot's going to function better.
所以这是第一点。
So that's number one.
第二点是鞋跟和脚趾处于同一平面。
Number two is having the heel and the toe in the same plane.
第三点是鞋子要薄且柔韧。
And number three is having a shoe that is thin and flexible.
当你穿着这种鞋时,我称之为耐用品鞋,因为你的所有组织承受的负荷都会增加:包括骨骼、韧带、肌腱和肌肉。
When you wear this type of footwear, I call this a workhorse shoe because there is more loads going through all of your tissues: through your bones, through your ligaments, through your tendons, through your muscles.
因此,当你穿着这种鞋时,脚会变得更强大。
So your foot gets stronger when you wear this type of footwear.
这方面的研究是存在的。
There's research on that.
但你需要赢得这个资格。
Now, you have to earn your right.
这涉及到足底筋膜病变的讨论。
This is the plantar fasciopathy conversation.
你不能从穿着一双高缓冲、强支撑的鞋子
You can't go from wearing an aggressive, high cushion shoe
就像这双吗?
Like this one here?
是的,比如还带着鞋垫,然后说:哦,这听起来有道理。
Yes, with an insert, for example, and say, Oh, this stuff makes sense.
我要把鞋垫拿掉,从此全天候穿这种鞋。
I'm going to go take that off, I'm going to go wear this twenty four hours a day.
你会受不了我的。
You won't like me.
为什么?
Why?
因为你会说:嘿,我的脚跟疼。
Because you'll say, Hey, my heel's hurting.
因为你还没做好准备。
Because you haven't done the work.
嘿,让我们来做这些足部锻炼。
It's, Hey, let's do these foot exercises.
每天穿这个十分钟。
Let's wear this for ten minutes a day.
然后人们会说,哇,确实感觉好多了。
And then people are like, Wow, that does feel better.
然后逐渐过渡到更频繁地穿这个。
And then it's a transition into wearing this more often.
现在,对于那些脚部非常虚弱、或因不同诊断导致脚部虚弱的患者来说,这种鞋很难长时间行走。
Now, when you have patients that have had a very weak foot or clients that have had a very weak foot with different diagnoses, this is a hard shoe to walk around in for extended periods of time.
因此,我们会讨论那些仍然保持脚部宽位、宽鞋头的鞋具。
So that's when we'll talk about footwear that still puts the foot in a wide position, wide toe box.
我非常喜欢这双鞋。
I love this shoe.
我也喜欢这种网面鞋面,因为脚趾可以在里面舒展。
And I also like the mesh upper because the toes can expand in here.
我仍然保持零落差,也就是脚跟和脚趾处于同一平面。
I still have zero drop, right, where the heel and the toe sit in the same plane.
但你会注意到这两双鞋的区别在于堆叠高度或缓冲量。
But you'll notice the difference between the two shoes is the amount of stack height or the amount of cushion.
这里有更多的材料。
There's more stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
所以这双鞋看起来确实像你所说的平面。
So on this shoe, it does look like the you call it a plane.
看起来是水平的。
Looks level.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
而且它的脚趾部分很宽敞。
And it's got a good toe box.
是的。
Yes.
从侧面可以看出,脚趾部分很宽,脚趾可以自然展开。
You can see from this side that the toe box is wide so you can splay.
但它是抬高的。
But it is elevated.
它是离地抬高的吗?
It's elevated off the ground?
是的。
Yeah.
但脚跟和脚趾处于同一平面。
But the heel and toe are in the same plane.
好的。
Okay.
很好。
Fine.
但它仍然有抬高的设计。
But it can't it's it's still elevated, though.
还是说,
Still, like,
相当厚。
quite a thick.
是的。
Yes.
这并不是太大的问题,因为
That's not too much of a problem because
这仍然取决于你的目标。
it's still It depends on what your goals are.
我在跑步。
I'm running.
我认为这双鞋非常适合跑步。
That is that is, I think, a great shoe to run on, to run with.
对吧?
Right?
如果你在混凝土或沥青路面上跑步,脚底下需要有一点缓冲。
If you're running on concrete, if you're running on asphalt, you want a little something underneath the foot.
那耐克的Alpha Flies呢,这是我的
What about the Nike Alpha Flies, which is my
它们让我开始出汗。
They make me start sweating.
真的吗?
Really?
呃。
Ugh.
这个
This
这是我目前的跑鞋,我买它是因为它看起来很棒。
is my current running shoe, and I bought it because it looks great.
是的。
Yes.
我的意思是,你知道,它它它
I mean, you know, it it it's
我脚踝的韧带撕裂了,但我看起来很帅。
I have torn the ligaments in my ankle, but I look good.
这是超级跑鞋。
Here's the super shoe.
对吧?
Right?
所以这是这双鞋。
So here's this shoe.
对吧?
Right?
这是你的超级跑鞋在这里。
And here's your super shoe over here.
嗯。
Yeah.
明白吗?
Okay?
当你看这双鞋时,它有一些特征是这双鞋绝对没有的,其中之一就是前掌上翘。
When you look at that shoe, there's certain characteristics to that shoe that you definitely do not see in this shoe, one of them being the toe spring.
你看鞋前端是不是有点翘起来?
So see how it kind of lips on the front of the shoe?
嗯。
Yeah.
明白吗?
Okay?
这里这部分,对。
This part here, yeah.
是的。
Yes.
所以如果我把这双鞋放在桌子上,然后这样向前推,它真的会像摇摆一样运动。
So if I had that shoe on this table and I went like this to the front of the shoe, it would literally rocker for me.
因此,它有助于脚部的摇摆动作。
So it facilitates the rocker of the foot.
听起来很棒。
Sounds great.
你穿上它,就会觉得:天啊,这太棒了。
You put that on, you're like, Man, this is great.
我能飞了。
I can fly.
如果你不用它,你就会失去它。
If you don't use it, you're going to lose it.
因此,有研究表明,当你把脚置于带有趾部上翘的姿势时,脚部的内在肌肉会变得虚弱。
So there is research that shows when you put your foot in a position with toe spring, you will weaken the intrinsic muscles of the foot.
所以我不是说不要在比赛日穿那双鞋。
So I'm not saying don't have race day and wear that shoe.
研究会告诉你,跑步经济性提升2%到4%。
The research will tell you 2% to 4% running economy.
人们跑得更快,是因为这双鞋具备促进步态的技术。
People run faster because the shoe has the technology to facilitate gait.
但如果你一直穿着它训练,从不让脚部肌肉变强,那只是时间问题。
But if you train in that all the time and you never let your foot get stronger, it's just a matter of time.
你会说:我的腿筋、我的脚、我的这个、我的那个。
You're going to say, My hamstring, my foot, my this, my that.
所以必须进行这样的对话:这双鞋才是让你变强的鞋。
And that's why the conversation has to happen is this is the shoe that you're going get stronger in.
在训练鞋里多花点时间。
Spend time in your training shoe.
然后那才是你的速度训练日。
And then that's your speed day.
那就是你的比赛日。
That's your race day.
所以你要拥有鞋款的光谱,并知道何时在光谱中灵活切换。
So it's having the shoe spectrum, knowing when to dance along the spectrum.
我觉得我穿上这个能弹起来。
I feel like I can bounce in these.
我的意思是,你很可能真的能。
I mean, you probably can.
我一穿上它,就真的觉得:哇,我真的能弹起来。
I literally when I put it on, I was like, wow, I can bounce.
没错。
That's right.
我觉得中间有一片金属贯穿其中,是的。
I think it has a piece of metal going through the middle of Yeah.
里面含有碳纤维。
There's carbon in there.
你知道另一个有趣的事实吗?
You know what another fun fact is, though?
某些弹跳训练,弹跳训练是锻炼身体的弹性,比如跳跃。
Certain plyometrics So plyometric is training the spring of the body, so think jumping.
有研究表明,弹跳训练能将跑步能力提升2%到4%。
There's research that will show you that plyometrics also increase capacity in running by 2% to 4%.
所以我和我的患者讨论的是:如果我们叠加多种疗法呢?
So my conversation I have with my patients is, listen, what if we stacked therapies?
如果你每周做一次或两次弹跳训练,
What if you did plyometric work
指的是什么?
Which is?
每周跳一两次,同时加强力量训练,大部分时间都穿这双鞋,
Jumping once or twice a week, And we worked on your strength, and I had you in these shoes the majority of the time.
到了比赛日,你就想穿上这双鞋吗?
And then on race day, you want to throw that shoe on?
你就像一个跑步精灵。
It's like you're a running fairy.
你在跑步时,一切看起来都很美好,这是因为你拥有强壮的身体,再加上这双鞋。
You're running, and things look beautiful, and everything is because you have a strong body on top of the shoe.
但如果你把一个虚弱的身体和脚塞进这双鞋里,那你得先争取这个资格。
But if you put a weak body and a weak foot in that shoe, you've got to earn your right.
我们是不是应该多站一会儿?
Should we be standing more often?
因为现在我们大多数人工作和生活都在办公室里,坐在桌前,我也坐着做这个播客。
Because most of us work and live in offices now, and we sit at desks and I do this podcast, sat down.
你有没有经常考虑站立式办公桌,或者我们应该多久保持一次直立行走?我想你之前提到过这个词?
Do you think much about standing desks or how often we should spend bipedal, I think that's what you referred to as?
我觉得更重要的是多动。
I think that it's more about movement.
好的。
Okay.
我不确定原地站立比原地坐着更好,除非站立时你真的能走动起来,让站立变得更活跃。
I don't know if standing in one place is any better than sitting in one place, other than when you're standing, you can actually move around and make it more active standing.
但关键是要经常活动一下。
But it is a matter of taking movement breaks.
我管这叫活动小零食。
I call them movement snacks.
我们大多数人整天不是坐着就是站在办公桌前。
All of us spend a lot of time either sitting all day long or standing at our desks.
如果我们能每天做几次五分钟的短途散步,身体就能保持活动状态。
If we were to take micro walks, a five minute walk a couple times a day, the system stays moving.
你就能保持活跃。
You're staying active.
而且你会慢慢增加步数,而我们知道,步数对身心健康都至关重要。
And you're slowly inching up that step count that we know is so important for not only physical health, but emotional and mental health.
这正是我喜欢的地方。
That's what I like about it.
我认为你提到过运动、散步与痴呆症有关,科学对阿尔茨海默病有何说法?
I think you mentioned there was an association with movement, walking, and dementia, What Alzheimer's does the science say there?
如果你把步数作为基准,每天走9800步可以降低患痴呆症的风险。
When you look at step counts, if that was going to be our baseline, 9,800 steps per day can reduce the risks of dementia.
但我觉得更有趣的是,3800步就够了。
But what I think is the cool part with that is 3,800 steps.
你已经获得了最大效益的50%。
You get 50% of the maximal benefit.
假设你目标是4000步,只要达到4000步,就能获得50%的益处。
You were to, let's just call it 4,000, shoot for 4,000 steps, you're going to get a benefit, A 50% benefit.
我最喜爱的关于步行的研究之一是社交性步行。
And some of my favorite research on looking at that population with walking is relationship walking.
有一些非常有趣的研究表明,老年人结伴散步能建立社交联系,改善情绪健康,并对抗孤独感和孤立感。
There's really cool studies looking at walking in groups for the elderly population and how that has a social connection, and it improves their emotional health, and it combats loneliness and feelings of isolation.
这正是散步的美妙之处。
And that is the beauty of a walk.
目前跑步俱乐部变得非常流行,对吧?你是否看到越来越多的人因为这个来找你?
Run clubs are getting incredibly popular at the moment, aren't Are they, all around the you seeing more and more people come to you as a result
是的。
of Yes.
我认为这也很有趣。
I think also, it was interesting.
我当时在德克萨斯州奥斯汀的一个跑步活动中工作。
I was working at the running event in Austin, Texas.
我在那里授课,因此很多鞋店也都在那里。
And I was teaching there, and so a lot of the shoe stores were there.
其中一家大型鞋店表示,他们现在的大多数客户其实是步行者,而不是跑步者。
And one of the bigger shoe stores had said that the majority of their clients now are actually walkers and not runners.
我觉得这相当有趣。
And I thought that was pretty interesting.
我在想,为什么会这样呢?
And I'm thinking to myself, I wonder why that is.
更多人转向步行,是因为跑步时受伤了吗?
Are more people reverting to walking because they're getting injured when they're running?
我脑子里正在做出各种推论。
I'm making all these conclusions in my head.
我在想,这会不会是因为我们的鞋履方向搞错了?
I'm like, Well, is it because we're going in the wrong direction with footwear?
因为我们制造的鞋子几乎替我们完成了所有工作,感觉太舒服了,人们不再愿意付出努力了吗?
Because we're creating this shoe that is basically doing the work for us, it feels so good, and people aren't putting the work in anymore?
我不知道。
I don't know.
但我一定会尽最大努力去改变这一点。
But I'm certainly going to do my best to change that.
你刚才听到的是之前一集中最常被回放的片段。
What you just listened to was a most replayed moment from a previous episode.
如果你想收听完整的那一集,我在下面提供了链接。
If you want to listen to that full episode, I've linked it down below.
查看描述。
Check the description.
谢谢。
Thank you.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。