本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
2016年,我身无分文,睡在健身房的地板上。
In 2016, I had $1,000 to my name sleeping on a gym floor.
九年之后,我打破了吉尼斯世界纪录,成为最快售出的非虚构类书籍作者,并在周末创造了超过1.06亿美元的销售额。
Nine years later, I broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling non fiction book and generated over $106,000,000 in sales in a weekend.
我会向你们展示,如果从头再来,我会如何打造一家企业。
I'm gonna show you how I'd build a business if I started all over.
所以,首先要么向少数人销售极其昂贵的东西,要么向所有人销售非常便宜的东西。
So first, either sell extremely expensive stuff to a select few or sell something super cheap to everyone.
中间地带是人们死亡的地方。
The middle is where people die.
从根本上说,所有企业都涉及获取客户的成本,以及从这些客户身上获得的收益,这才是构成企业核心的经济套利。
So fundamentally, all businesses have the cost of getting customers and what you make from those customers is the core economic arbitrage that makes a business a business.
你拥有更高效的方式,将资源转化为产出,从而在另一端实现更高的效率。
You have a more efficient way of taking resources and allocating them to get superior throughput on the other side.
这正是企业真正的本质。
That's literally what a business is.
为什么我一开始就说要卖非常贵的东西,或者卖非常便宜的东西?
Why did I start with sell really expensive stuff or sell really cheap stuff?
让我们深入探讨一下。
Let's dive in.
因为我现在已与成千上万家企业合作过,我可以告诉你,刚开始时,向少数人销售极其昂贵的产品要容易得多。
So having worked with thousands of businesses now, I can tell you that it is significantly easier when you're starting to sell extremely expensive to a select few.
原因在于,你必须赚到足够的钱,才能有能力服务大众。
And the reason for that is that you have to make enough money to be able to serve the masses.
所以如果你以特斯拉作为这个案例的绝佳范例,特斯拉最初推出的是25万美元的Roadster,明显是面向少数精英群体,就像一款测试车。
So if you look at Tesla as a great case study for this, Tesla started with a $250,000 Roadster clearly selling to a select few and it was like a beta test car.
它肯定不是完全适合日常道路使用的所有功能都齐全。
Like it definitely wasn't like completely Street ready all this stuff.
但他们从少数客户那里赚到了足够的资金或验证了概念,最终得以推出Model S,对吧?
But from the few that they were able to make, they're able to get enough money or enough proof of concept to then eventually get to making the s, right?
在推出Model S几年后,他们才逐步向下延伸,推出了Model 3。
And then after making the s for a few years, then they were able to work their way down and make the model three.
所以核心理念是,你要从高价开始,然后逐步向下延伸。
And so the idea is that you start high then you can work your way down.
因此,尽管大多数人持相反观点,但创造高价产品最简单的方法之一,就是一对一地出售你的时间,即使这种方式无法规模化。
And so despite what most people believe, one of the simplest ways to create an expensive offer is to sell your time one on one, even if it's unscalable.
现在,我先讲一个我的亲身经历,然后再向你说明为什么我认为这实际上很有用。
Now, I'll give you a personal story, then I'm going sell you on why I think this is actually useful.
当我刚开始做个人训练业务时——那是位于亨廷顿海滩的一家健身房——我有一位客户想要私人训练。
When I started my personal training business, which is a gym on Huntington Beach, I had a client who wanted personal training.
当时我的健身房主要提供团体训练和半私教训练,根本没有单独的一对一训练服务。
Now, my gym wasn't a personal training to those large group training and semi private training to add it all group.
但这位男士是通过推荐找到我的,因为他有一些特定的活动能力需求,而且他喜欢我。
There wasn't any one on one, but this one guy got referred to me because he had some like specific Mobility things and like, whatever he liked me.
于是他最终选择了和我进行一对一的私人训练。
And so he ended up doing personal training with me.
这位客户每周进行五次、每次九十分钟的训练课程,这对一名私人教练来说是相当大的负担。
Now, this guy would do five days a week of ninety minute training sessions, which is huge for a personal trainer.
对吧?
Right?
所以我在想,我当时大概是每小时收125美元左右。
So I'm making, think I was, I think it was charging 125 an hour or something.
所以那段时间我每天几乎能赚180美元。
So I was getting almost like 180 a day for that whole period.
我记得我当时每个月从他那里拿到大约四五千美元的现金。
So I just remember that I got something they wrote of like 4 or $5,000 a month in cash.
她用现金付我。
She paid me in cash.
太棒了。
Was amazing.
我每个月就从这一个客户那里拿到这么多钱。
That I would get per month from this one client.
关键是,我跟他的一对一服务给了我所需的现金流,我不用动用公司资金,就能把公司的钱全部再投资回去,更快地扩大业务。
And the thing is is that me having that one on one time gave me the cash flow that I needed nothing from the business so I could just keep reinvesting the business's money to growing it faster.
所以很多人对‘这不可扩展’感到害怕。
And so a lot of people have this fear around like, oh, it's not scalable.
其实它并不需要可扩展。
It's like it doesn't have to be scalable.
当我跟企业家交谈时,发现他们对收取高额费用或出售自己的时间有很多限制性信念。
Like when I speak to business owners, have a lot of limiting beliefs around charging a lot of money or selling their time.
因此,我想强调这一点,并给你很多理由,说明为什么在起步阶段,即使这种方式不可扩展,出售你的一对一时间也更优越。
And so I want to drive this point home and give you a lot of reasons to show why it is superior, especially when you're starting out to sell your time one on one, even if it is unscalable.
让我来为你好好介绍一下这个观点。
So let me kind of sell you on this.
第一,你会从更少的高价值客户身上学到更多。
So number one is that you will learn more from fewer high value clients.
好吧。
All right.
如果你接触的是高价值客户,你会与更好的人合作,这会改变你对市场上真正人群的认知,对吧?
And if you're around those higher value clients, you will work with better people and it will shift your belief set about who really is in the market, right?
如果你曾经为销售一份50美元的会员资格而挣扎过,那简直太疯狂了。
Like if you've ever struggled to sell a $50 membership as someone who has it's insane.
突然间有人对你说:‘这是15美元。’
When all of a sudden someone's like, here's 15.
你会想:刚才发生了什么?
You're like, what just happened?
15美元。
$15.
我得卖出3050份才能赚到15美元。
That's $3,050 sales that I'd have to make in order to get $15.
这有多荒谬,你明白了吧。
That's how absurd that is.
但当这种情况一再发生时,它会改变你对金钱的看法,以及你对创造哪些服务的思考。
But when it happens again and again, it shifts how you see money and what services you think about creating.
下一个让人纠结的是:我不想出售我的时间,因为出售时间是穷人的做法。
The next one that people get hung up on is like, well, I don't want to sell my time because selling your time is what poor people do.
让我教你一些东西。
Let me learn you some stuff.
对,地球上每一个人都是按小时赚钱的。
Right, which is every single person on planet Earth, earns money per hour.
他们只是不一定明确标出每小时的收入。
They just don't necessarily denote it per hour.
但你只需要拿你去年赚的钱,除以2000,猜猜会怎样?
But all you have to do is take what you made last year, divide it by 2,000, and guess what?
瞧,这就是你的时薪,意味着你每周工作四十小时,假设你真的工作四十小时的话。
Voila, you have your hourly rate, which means you worked forty hours a week, assuming you work forty.
所以即使你是按项目收费的,你花了一定的时间在项目上并获得了报酬——一个挺高大上的词。
And so even if you work project wise, you spent a certain amount of time on that project and you were remunerated, little fancy word.
你的报酬是基于这项工作支付的。
You got paid based on that work.
因此,即使是像投资这样的事情,人们可能会说:你知道的,投资者并不是用时间换取金钱。
And so even something like an investment where people like, well, you know, investors don't trade their time for money.
当然了,因为他们会想,哦,沃伦·巴菲特买了这家公司。
Of course they do because you think, oh, Warren Buffett bought this company.
他只是开了一张支票,然后就完了。
He just wrote a check and then that was it.
他这就 done 了。
He was done.
但我们没有考虑到的是,他对宏观市场所做的大量分析,他定期进行的研究,以及他做过尽职调查却最终放弃的成千上万笔其他交易,才最终决定做这一笔。
But we're not taking into consideration is the amount of analysis that he does on macro markets, the amount of research that he's doing on a regular basis, the thousand other deals that he did all the due diligence on, then to say no to only decide to do this one deal.
所以当你把所有这些工作加总起来,毫无疑问,他确实在工作。
So when you take all of that work in aggregate, for sure he's working.
现在,当他完成投资后,假设他不再投入任何精力——但这并不总是真的。
Now after he makes the investment, assuming he has no effort inside of it, which isn't always true.
但假设他完全不投入,那么此时,他的回报会越来越大,但仍然是基于他投入的固定时间。
But assuming he had none then at that point, he would get increasingly larger returns, but still on a fixed amount of time that he put in.
所以关键在于,你生活在时间中,靠时间赚钱,这意味着每个人都有一个时薪。
So the proof point is you live in time and you earn money in time, which means everyone has an hourly rate.
因此,这里的理念是,只要你出售的每小时服务的报酬高于你目前的收入,你就能赚得更多。
And so the idea here is that as long as the thing that you sell your hourly rate for is more than you currently own, you will make more.
接下来一点,当你进行一对一服务时,尤其是在初期,你在交付方式上有更大的灵活性。
Next point, when you are doing one on one, especially in the beginning, you have significantly more flexibility in delivery.
这意味着因为是一对一,你可以随时调整内容。
That means because it's one on one, can change things on the fly.
而且,当你客户较少时,你可以快速进行这些迭代。
And also, when you have fewer clients, you can make these kind of quick iterations.
所以这与第一点相关,即当你能进行这些微小的调整时,学习速度会快得多。
So this kind of relates back to the first point of like, learn a lot faster when you can just have these tiny little pivots.
你不需要改变整个系统。
You don't have to change the systems.
你不需要重新培训员工。
You have to retrain staff.
你不需要去关注。
You don't have to look.
你不需要重新编码。
You don't have to recode.
你不需要把可扩展的解决方案完美固定下来。
You don't have to have the scalable solution fixed perfectly.
这是一种绝佳的创意测试方式。
It's a great way to beta test ideas.
接下来一点是,因为你仍然可以控制与客户相处的时间,所以你依然能确保为自己需要做的其他事情分配足够的时间。
The next one is that because you can still cap the time that you choose to spend with clients, you can still make sure that you're allocating as much time as you need to to do everything else.
我在如何赚更多钱方面学到的一个重要教训是:当需求存在时,就要减少供给。
And one of the big lessons that I've learned in terms of making more money is that when you have demand, cut supply.
那么,当你减少供给时,会发生什么?
And so when you cut supply, what does that do?
为什么收购.com的标志包含两个概念?
Why is why is the acquisition.com logo two two concepts?
杠杆,也就是支点,以及供需曲线。
Leverage, which is a fulcrum, and then a supply demand curve.
因为在我看来,这是商业中两个最强大的概念。
Because those are, in my opinion, the two most powerful concepts in business.
所以当供需关系发挥作用时——而我们确实如此——101如此强大的原因在于供给被极度压缩、固定且非常有限。
And so when you have supply and demand at work, which we do, the reason 101 is so powerful is because the supply is so contracted, so fixed, it's so small.
因此,只要你没有限制性的信念(这正是我为你制作这个内容的原因),它就会迫使你提高价格。
And so it forces, as long as you don't have limiting beliefs, which is why I'm trying to make this for you, it forces you to raise your price.
接下来这一点颇具争议:钱是你自己赚的。
And so the next one, and this is controversial, you make the money.
别人赚不到。
Nobody else does.
如果你用时间换取金钱,你的利润率就是100%。
If you trade your time for the money, you have a 100% margin.
这太棒了。
It's fantastic.
现在有些人会说:嘿,我的时薪其实没那么高。
Now, some people are like, well, hey, well, my hourly rate, it's not though.
你醒着。
You're awake.
你的时薪是你赖以生存的食物。
Your hourly rate is the food that kept you alive.
那就是你的时薪。
That is your hourly rate.
除此之外,其余的都进了你的口袋。
Beyond that, the rest of it goes in your pocket.
所以我认为人们忽视的是,每个企业都可以拥有五个101客户。
And so what I think people lack a consideration of is like every business can have five one hundred one clients.
当你想,我怎么在草坪护理业务中做到这一点呢?
Now, when you're like, how would I do this in lawn care business?
那么,谁会成为你的客户代表呢?
Well, it's just who's going to be your account rep?
你可以让一些人联系你的手机,另一些人联系客户代表的电话。
You can say some people get your cell phone and some people get the account rep's phone.
谁来负责设计整个花园呢?
Who's gonna lead the know, like, who's gonna actually design the whole garden?
是我手下的一个人,还是我自己来?
Is it just one of my guys or is it gonna be me?
无论你做什么,总有机会把自己打造成顶级版本。
There's always an opportunity to make yourself the super premium version of whatever it is that you have.
来,说个有趣的。
Now, here's a fun one.
我想打破这个循环,因为我知道接下来会出现的念头:这还是不值得我花时间。
I want to break this loop because I know the next one that comes up, which is, it's still just not worth my time.
兄弟,如果我给你一万亿,这就有价值了。
Bro, it is worth your time if I give you a trillion dollars.
所以重点不是:这值得我花时间吗?
So the idea here is not, is it worth my time?
而是你要调整价格,让它变得值得你花时间。
It's you have to fix the price so that it is worth your time.
你不会勉强去做,也不会心想:没人会买这个,没人会花这么多钱,我觉得有人会疯了。
Not you would begrudgingly do it or think to yourself, well, no one would ever buy that or no one ever spend that money or I think someone would be crazy.
好吧。
Fine.
就让他们疯吧。
Let them be crazy.
让人们稍微放纵一下。
Let people live a little bit.
让他们狂野一点。
Let them be wild.
让他们有点刺激。
Let them be a little spicy.
如果他们愿意多付钱,你就应该给他们这个机会。
If they wanna pay you more money, you should give them the opportunity to do so.
这才是重点。
That's the point here.
那么,当你提供一种超高价位、不可扩展的高端一对一体验时,还会发生什么?
Now, what else happens when you have a super high ticket, unscalable premium, one on one experience?
你会提升你的整个品牌。
You lift your entire brand.
因为如果你每小时收费1万美元——这听起来很荒谬,但这并不重要——而你提供的其他产品只卖100美元,你就可以自然地讲述这样一个故事:很多人无法负担与我一对一的服务。
Because if you charge $10,000 an hour, something absurd, doesn't matter, And the thing that you have is a $100, you can then have a very natural narrative of, listen, a lot of people can't afford to work with me one on one.
这完全没问题。
That's totally cool.
我把我在这里学到的经验,整理成一种人人都能负担的可扩展形式。
I've taken the lessons I have here and I put them in a scalable format for everyone.
这不仅通过锚定效应提升了感知价值,还因为由此产生的叙事、关联和品牌效应而增强了价值。
It literally increases the perceived value, not just from the anchor effect, but from the narrative, the association, the branding that occurs as a result.
因为即使你标价高昂却无人购买,人们依然会因为这个叙事和你展示给他们的信息,认为这个高价所代表的价值,多少也会转移到你那些可扩展的低价产品上。
Because even if you charge that and no one ever buys it, they still assume because that is the narrative and that's what you put in front of them that that big price tag, the value associated with it still gets transferred to a degree to the lesser thing that you had that might be scalable.
每个企业都可以这样做。
Every business can do this.
在我们进入如何让产品显得更有价值的具体策略之前,这一步是必须做的。
Like, this is the action step before we get into, like, tactics on, like, how we can make something be perceived as more valuable.
这一步就是:无论你在哪里销售,都要把价格列出来。
The action step is this, just have the price listed wherever you sell.
如果你 anywhere 都没有列出价格,那么在提供服务时就要主动说出价格。
And if you don't list it anywhere, say the price when you offer.
但人们在这点上经常犯错。
And here's the thing that people mess up about this.
你必须直面这个高价。
Must confront the high price.
你必须正视它。
You have to confront it.
如果你只是轻描淡写地说,哦,是的,我们一对一服务。
If you just say like, oh, yeah, we work with them 101
和我一起。
with me.
差不多一万美元。
It's like $10,000.
但不管怎样,大多数人想了解的是,为了让锚定效应起作用。
But anyway, what most people want to do is know in order for an anchor to work.
必须让潜在客户充分考虑这个决定,这意味着你得说:嘿,你愿意以每小时10美元的价格和我合作吗?
Have to allow the prospect to make a full consideration of the decision, which means you have to say, hey, would you like to work with me 101 is $10 an hour, right?
我认为这是我能帮你实现目标的最有可能的方式。
And that's I think the highest likely thing that I can do to help you get to where you want to go.
问题是,在那一刻。
Now, the thing is, is at that point.
我们该怎么做?
What do we do?
闭嘴。
Shut up.
让他们说。
Let them talk.
为什么?
Why?
因为说话可能会让他们说好。
Because talking might result in them saying yes.
如果他们答应了,你就赚钱了。
And if they say yes, you get money.
太棒了。
That's amazing.
对吧?
Right?
所以我们现在到了这一步,如果他们接着说,别担心。
And so we're at this point right now, if they then bulk you say, don't worry.
我会从中抽出几个组成部分,给你一个包含第一个方案90%要素的版本,但这个版本的可扩展性要强得多。
I'm going to pull out a couple of the components of this and give you this thing that has 90% of the elements of this first thing, but it's significantly more scalable.
你觉得怎么样?
How's that work for you?
天啊。
Oh my god.
非常感谢。
Thanks so much.
这听起来太棒了。
This sounds amazing.
这正是我需要的,而且他们真的会购买。
This is exactly what I need and they buy.
问题是,即使如此,让我为你算一笔账,因为这很重要。
The thing is is even if and let me do the math for you because this is important.
假设你有一个100美元的产品,还有一个1000美元的产品。
Let's say you have a $100 thing, you have a thousand dollar thing.
假设100个人中,有10个人购买了这个昂贵的产品。
And let's say of the 100 people, 10 of the 100 are buying the really expensive thing.
所以90%的人购买了100美元的产品。
So 90% of people buy the $100 thing.
这对你的业务有什么影响?
What does that do to your business?
猜猜会怎样?
Guess what it does?
它能让你的业务收入翻倍。
It doubles the revenue of your business.
不仅如此,所有这些额外收入——来自那10个高端客户的部分——都是100%的利润。
And not only that, all of that incremental revenue, the stuff that came from those top 10 people is 100% margin.
假设你在100美元的产品上能获得40%的利润率。
So let's say that on your 100, you make 40% margins.
那么对于这90个人,你实际上每笔赚了40美元。
You're actually making $40 on those 90 people.
因此,你从100个买家中的90个人那里赚了3600美元的利润。
So you're making $3,600 in profit off of 90 of your 100 buyers.
而另外10个人,你每笔赚1000美元的10倍。
Now the other 10, you make 10 times a thousand.
所以你赚了1万美元。
So you make $10,000.
因此,你在高价产品上的利润是低价产品的三倍,而在低价产品上的利润是一倍。
So you actually make three times the profit on your expensive thing and one times the profit on your cheaper thing.
所以你赚的钱中有四分之三来自这个产品。
So three quarters of what you make comes from this thing.
人们之所以错过这一点,是因为他们没理解背后的数学原理。
That's why people miss it is they don't get the math behind it.
你之所以要有高价产品,是因为即使销量极低,大量的零仍然能累积起来。
You have the expensive thing because even in tiny, tiny volumes, lots of zeros still add up.
所以如果你刚开始,我强烈建议,即使你有可扩展的产品,即使你还在上学,拥有一个社群,每月收费100美元,无论是什么,都要有一款每月1000美元的产品。
And so if you're getting started, I would strongly recommend if even if you have a scalable thing, even if you're on school, you have a community, you charge a $100 a month, whatever it is, have something that's a thousand dollars a month.
要有一款一次性收费1万美元的产品。
Have something that's $10,000 one time.
把它放在那里。
Have it up there.
只需让它可用。
Just make it available.
所以我将给你三个不同的框架来思考这个问题。
And so I'm gonna give you three different frames to working through this.
第一个框架是:如果我们把价格提高到现在的10倍或100倍,会怎么样?
The frame number one is what if we charged 10 x or a 100 x more than your current day?
你会包含哪些内容?
What would you include?
尽情发挥想象力吧。
Just go crazy with it.
想象一下,如果有人给你10万美元,而不是1000美元,你会怎么做?
Just think if instead of a thousand dollars, if someone gave me a $100,000, what would I do?
把所有你会做的事情都写下来。
Just write down everything you would do.
然后看看做这些事情的成本。
And then look at the cost of doing all those things.
你会惊讶地发现,你脑海中很多想法实际上并不需要太多成本。
You'd be amazed by is many of the things that you have these ideas for don't actually cost that much.
所以划掉那些有硬性成本的项目,然后看看剩下的,接着想:我觉得我可以做到这些。
And so cross out the ones that have hard costs and then look at what's left and then say, well, I think I could do that.
然后我们提出一个问题:你愿意为一千美元或一万美元做这些吗?
Then we ask the question, would you be okay doing that for a thousand or $10,000?
你可能会说:我们只要十美元。
You might say like, we have a $10.
你会愿意做这些吗?把它提供出来。
Would do that Make it available.
思考这个问题的第二种方式是:如果我必须打造一项服务或产品,仅依靠口碑传播,而你面前只有一个客户,你获得新客户的唯一途径就是让这个客户向他们的朋友推荐你的产品。
The second way to think about this is if I had to make a service or a product that was only grown off of word-of-mouth alone, and all you have is this one customer in front of you, and the only way that you will be able to get more customers is if you get that customer to tell their friends about your stuff.
这个客户会有什么样的体验?
What would that customer's experience?
如果这是唯一的要求,这项服务或产品组合会是什么样子?
What would the service, what would the components of the offer look like if that was the requirement?
把所有这些东西都写下来。
Write down all of that stuff.
如果你愿意为更高的价格做这些,那就提出来。
And if you're willing to do that for a higher price, present it.
只要价格高于零,就会有人同意。
An amount greater than zero will say yes.
这会给你第三个视角。
It'll give you a third frame.
这与另外两种不同,但我认为当你思考如何制作或提供某物时,这仍然非常有价值。
This is different than the other two, but I think that's still very valuable when you're thinking through how to make something, well, provide.
如果我们必须去掉所有无法扩展的部分,但必须让它值十倍,那我们该怎么做?
If we had to take everything out of it that is unscalable, but we have to make it worth 10 times as much, now how do we do it?
因此,这为你提供了三种不同的思维切入点,来思考如何为你的昂贵、一对一、无法扩展的产品创造价值,这往往在初期能比你便宜的产品赚更多钱。
So this gives you three different intellectual attack vectors to think through the value creation for making your more expensive one on one unscalable thing that in many times will make you more money, in the beginning than your less expensive thing.
另一方面,这也能成为绝佳的营销素材,因为你可以说:我的一位客户,我的一位私人客户,我的一位个人客户。
And the other part of this is that it makes for great marketing one because you could say this one of my clients, one of my private clients, one of my individual clients.
而这会让人们觉得,这家伙肯定有点……更有权威性。
What And that does is people are like, oh, this guy must be a little bit you know, has more authority.
对吧?
Right?
此外,当你分享这些所谓私密客户的经验时,你就有了可以实际用来宣传的营销素材。
On top of that, when you share the learnings from those quote private clients, it gives you marketing material to actually talk about.
对吧?
Right?
你觉得你最好的案例研究会来自哪里?
And where do think your best case studies are gonna come from?
就在这里。
There.
因此,你会得到出色的案例研究。
And so you're gonna get amazing case studies.
你会拥有绝佳的营销素材,涵盖你从中获得的经验和教训。
You're going to have amazing marketing materials in terms of the learnings and lessons that you're going to have.
而我个人更喜欢的一点是,这些人要酷得多。
And then one of things that I personally prefer is that these people are way cooler.
他们会是你最终真正成为朋友、并且喜欢的人。
And they will be people that you actually end up being friends with that you like.
正是这些人会真正改变你的世界观,因为你实际上会花更多时间与这些人相处,而不是与那些人。
And they're the ones who actually shift your worldview because you actually will spend more time with these people than all of these people.
而这会把你引向正确的方向。
And that will shift you in the correct direction.
现在,让我们从战术层面解构价值,以便我们可以利用我刚才提到的三个框架,做得更多。
Now, let's deconstruct value in a tactical way so that we can take that the three frames that I just gave and do even more with it.
以下是两个步骤。
Here are the two steps.
很简单。
Straightforward.
选择正确的目标用户画像。
Pick the right avatar.
不要先打造你那无法规模化且昂贵的产品,然后想着那些现在花100美元买你产品的人,再琢磨:这个花100美元的人愿意花1000美元买什么?
Do not try to make your unscalable expensive thing and then think about person who's currently buying your thing for a $100 and think, what would this $100 person be willing to spend a thousand dollars for?
不要这么想。
Do not think that.
很可能,愿意花1000美元的是完全不同的另一类人。
Likely, the person that's gonna spend the thousand dollars is a different person.
所以你必须思考的是这类人,而不是下面那类人。
So you have to think about that person, not the person underneath.
接下来,一旦你确定了这个目标用户画像,他们有钱、有痛点、也容易接触到,对吧?
Next, once you have this avatar, they have the money, they feel the pain, they're easy to reach, right?
然后我们需要思考:如何比他们自己更能准确地描述他们的痛点?
Then we have to think, how can we describe their pain more accurately than they can describe it themselves?
所以这个关键技巧——也是结合当前一些AI工具的新方法——就是去研究你所在领域里人们购买的书籍,提取书评,然后找出那些具体反映他们痛点的引述。
And so the big hack, and this is also new with some of the AI stuff that's out there, is go into the books that people are buying in your niche and then extract the reviews and then get the quotes that are specific to their pain.
关于文案的一个非常有趣之处在于:如果你能比他们自己更精准地表达出他们的困境,他们就会自然而然地相信你能够解决它。
And so one of the really interesting things about copy is that if you can articulate someone's problem better than they can, they will inherently believe that you can solve it.
这就是我们所说的理想结果。
So this is what we're talking about the dream outcome.
我们要确保讨论的是正确的目标人群,以及他们真正想要的东西,而且要以能与他们产生共鸣的具体方式表达,因为痛苦和说服只存在于具体情境中,而非模糊不清的抽象概念。
It's like, make sure we're talking about the right avatar about what they really want in the way that resonates with them specifically because pain and persuasion only exist in the specific, never the vague.
如果你成功做到了这一点,他们所感受到的痛苦以及你对这种痛苦的描述,会比任何宏大的承诺更能激发他们的动机和行动。
And if you do this successfully, their pain and your description of their pain can be a better motivator of persuasion and action than a greater promise.
那么,我们该如何逆向推导出一个人真正想要的是什么?
So how do we then reverse engineer what someone actually wants?
他们真正想要的并不是你的时间。
They don't really want your time.
他们想要购买的是一个结果。
They want to buy an outcome.
那么,为什么101是一个有价值的载体?
Now, why is 101 a valuable vehicle?
因为当你以一种不可扩展的方式完成一个101项目时,人们对其达成可能性的感知会大幅提升。
Because the perceived likelihood of achievement when you do something 101 in an unscalable way actually goes through the roof.
所以,如果我给你一个作为PDF的饮食计划,或者说我每天和你一对一沟通,最终目标仍然是我想减重。
So if I had a meal plan that I gave you as a PDF, or I said, will talk to you one on one every day, the outcome is still I wanna lose weight.
但他们实现这一目标的可能性会显著提高。
But the likelihood that they're going to get there is gonna be significantly higher.
可能性、便捷性,以及他们实现的难易程度都会提升。
The likelihood, the ease, how easy it is for them is gonna go up.
所有这些因素都是相互关联的。
And all of these components play with one another.
所以,这是关于目标的一面。
So that's the outcome side.
在那之下,是我们所说的感知可能性,我在一对一沟通这个载体中简要提到过。
Underneath of that, we have perceived likelihood, which I touched on briefly within the vehicle of one on one.
但在这种情况下,你长期以来的声誉几乎相当于一种隐含的保证。
But within this case, your reputation over time acts as almost an implied guarantee.
而交付方式的性质也暗示着他们将获得你的全部价值。
And the nature of the delivery also has some level of implication that they're going to get the completeness of you.
只要他们相信你有能力,而且有强烈的帮助意愿,他们就会非常相信,给你钱能帮助他们实现目标。
And so as long as they believe you are competent, number one, and two, have strong intention to help, the likelihood that they believe that giving you money will help them get what they want goes really high.
这就是我喜欢一对一的原因。
And so that's why I like one zero one.
这就是我喜欢不可扩展模式的原因。
That's why I like unscalable.
但要明确的是,就设定一个上限吧。
And to be clear, just cap it.
这并不意味着你
It doesn't mean you
要一直这么做
have do it all the
因为那样会让你长期不堪重负。
time because that will give you way long term.
但在短期内,它能让你靠这个生存下来,然后用现金流推动所有增长。
But in the short term, it can it can allow you to live on this and then cash flow all the growth.
所以,这就是我给你提供的关于如何从小规模起步打造大企业的策略:愿意拿出10%的时间,收费提高10倍,靠这部分收入获得足够现金流,然后把其余的钱全部投入进攻性扩张。
And so this is me giving you kinda like the bootstrap strategies to growing a big business is like be willing to take 10% of your time, charge 10 times more, and make enough income from that that you can take all the other money and go aggressive going the offense with it.
第三个关键是速度。
So third one is speed.
如果非要我选一项能最大化说服力的策略,那就是速度,或者说降低延迟。
Now, if I had to pick one thing that I could do to maximize persuasion, it is speed or the inverse latency.
我该如何降低延迟?
How do I decrease latency?
我该如何提升速度,以确保结果能尽可能快地实现?因为延迟比规模更重要,一周七天,每周两次周日都是如此。
How do I increase speed so I can make sure the outcome happens as fast as possible because latency beats magnitude seven days a week and twice on Sunday.
这之所以重要,是因为它比其他任何因素更能激发人们的购买行动。
The reason that this is important is that it will motivate someone's action to buy more than just about anything else.
你不会向富人推销你能帮他们省多少钱。
So you're not going to sell someone who's wealthy on how much money you're going to save them.
你会向富人推销你能帮他们节省多少时间,因为金钱本身具有隐含价值。
You'll sell someone who's wealthy based on how much time you're going to save them even more because money has an implicit value.
他们的宝贵时间,长远来看,其价值将远超金钱。
Their time is the one that over time will become significantly more value than money.
任何人想要销售昂贵产品,都可以将当前的交付时间减半,甚至减少三分之二。
One of the things that anyone can do to sell that expensive thing is just take whatever the delivery time you currently have is and cut it in half, cut it in two thirds.
如果你提供一对一服务或高级服务,可以加一个零或更多,只需说:您将始终享有优先权。
And if you have a one on one service or a higher tier service that should add a zero or more, you can just say you will always have priority.
您将始终排在第一位。
You will always be first in line.
当我推出新产品时,您将是第一个看到的人。
When I have a new thing, you'll be the first one to see it.
一旦出现紧急情况,您将获得最先响应。
Whenever there's an emergency, you'll be the first to respond.
我会从其他工作抽身,亲自上门为您服务。
I'll pull someone off a job to come to your house.
所有这些都关乎速度。
All of these things are about speed.
这些事情要考虑价值的维度。
Those things like think about the vectors of value.
数字越高,为你完成的事情就越多,人们就越期望它是即插即用的。
The higher the number, the more done for you, the more turnkey someone expects something to be.
这就是你如何反向设计便捷性。
So this is how you reverse engineer ease.
你需走过客户的整个体验,并在每次需要你动手时做记录。
You go through the customer experience and you take a note every time you have to do something.
现在你可能会发现,为了让用户获得你想要的结果,他们可能需要完成上万次操作。
Now you might find out that in order for someone to get the outcome that you want, they might have to take 10,000 actions.
因此,我们会系统性地回溯,逐个消除摩擦点,减少他们需要执行的操作。
And so then what we do is we systematically go and reverse and delete friction point by friction point, actions that they need to take.
这就是打造卓越产品的过程。
And so this is the process of making an exceptional product.
现在,制作这样的产品可能会花费你更多的钱,因此你也要为此收取更高的费用。
Now, it might cost you more money to make this product, which is why you charge more money for it.
当然,有一些技术可以自动化其中部分工作,但对于现实中许多服务而言——至少在美国,70%到80%的人从事的是服务型业务——你就得花更多的钱。
So if you have of course, there's technology that can automate some of this, but for many services that exist in the real world, which 70% of people or 80% of people in The US at least are service based businesses, then you're going to spend some more money.
但这里的关键在于它的魔力。
Now, here's the magic of this.
我的一些业务依赖于其他供应商或合作伙伴。
Well, some of my business relies on other vendors or other parties.
猜猜当你把价格提高十倍时会发生什么?
Guess what happens when you charge 10 times as much?
你可以支付他们更多费用,让他们优先服务你的客户。
You can pay them more to prioritize your customers.
因此,这让你能够在现有基础上建立自己的优先级体系,让你能持续超越竞争对手,因为你支付给供应商和合作伙伴的费用比任何人都高,而这正是你的服务层级带来的优势。
And so this allows you to make your own priority ring on top of that that allows you to consistently outcompete competition because you pay your vendors, you pay your partners better than anyone else does because you have this service tier.
所以简而言之,从宏观角度看,无论你有多少客户,只要你提供一个价格高出十倍的方案,就一定存在一个大于零的概率,会有人愿意购买。
And so the TLDR, big picture, is that no matter what, no matter how many customers you have, if you simply make a 10 times more expensive offer, you will have a percentage likelihood that is greater than zero that someone will buy.
一旦发生这种情况,你就会得到正向反馈,我相信你会真正体会到,把价格提高一个零,有时甚至两个零,究竟有多强大。
And when that happens, you will be reinforced for doing so, and I think you will actually see how powerful adding one, sometimes two zeros to your price tag really is.
感谢大家来听我的TED演讲。
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
多收费。
Charge more money.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。