本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
倒计时,通往女王街最后一家漫画店。
Countdown to the last comic shop at the Queen.
五、四、三、二、一。
Five, four, three, two, one.
如果你今天去森林里,一定会遇到大惊喜。
If you go down in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise.
如果你今天去森林里,最好乔装打扮一下。
If you go down in the woods today, you better go in disguise.
在没人看见的树下,它们会随心所欲地跳舞。
Beneath the trees where nobody sees, they'll dance away as long as they please.
那就是小熊们举行野餐的日子。
That's the day the teddy bears had their picnic.
你在说什么鬼东西?
What the hell are you talking about?
那
That
这里是亨利·霍尔和他的乐队,正在《最后的漫画店》。
is Henry Hall and his orchestra here on The Last Comic Shop.
是的。
Yes.
1932年,我们创作了《泰迪熊野餐》,这是一首非常非常奇怪的歌。
1932, we wrote Teddy Bear Picnic, which is a really, really weird song.
这首歌讲的是泰迪熊活过来,在树林里玩耍,但他的唱法听起来特别诡异。
It's about, like, teddy bears that come to life and they play around in the woods, but, like, the way he sings it, it kinda sounds super creepy.
所以我当时尽力模仿亨利·霍尔的风格。
And so I was trying to do my best Henry Hall impersonation there.
我是最棒的主持人,艾米·拉森。
I'm the host with the most, Amy Larson.
欢迎回到《最后的漫画店》。
And welcome back to The Last Comic Shop.
我和往常一样,与杰伊·斯科特和查德·史密斯同在。
I'm joined as always by Jay Scott and Chad Smith.
但我之所以提到这首愚蠢的歌,是因为当我第一次看到这周这本书的标题《 beneath the trees》时。
But the reason why I was talking about this stupid song is because the first moment that I saw the title of this week's book, beneath the trees.
然后我看到了一只熊,我第一个想到的就是这个。
And then I saw a bear, first thing I thought of.
我当时就想,天啊,真是巧了。
And I was just like, boy, oh, boy.
如果他们没听过那首歌就写了这本书,我就把帽子吃掉。
If they didn't listen to that song and then write this book, I will eat my hat.
没错。
That's right.
就在树下啊。
That's just beneath the trees.
树下是没人看得见的地方。
It's beneath the trees where nobody sees.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Is.
它讲的是一些奇怪的拟人化动物,和真正的动物一起在世界上游荡。
It's about weird anthropomorphic animals that go around in the world with real animals.
这让我感到震惊。
That's what sent me.
有熊,也有会说话的熊,还有猪去购买猪肉。
There's bears and then there's talking bears, and there's pigs shopping for pork.
我吓坏了。
I was freaked out.
我不确定。
That that I don't know.
是的。
Yes.
你说得对。
You're right.
这就像是,当你看老迪士尼动画时,突然觉得不对劲。
It's kinda like that like, whenever you watch an old Disney cartoon and you're like, wait a second.
goofy 和 Pluto 都是狗,但 goofy 却能穿裤子?
Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, but Goofy gets to wear pants?
就是搞不懂这个。
Like, don't understand this.
这到底是怎么运作的?
Like, how does this how does this work?
Goofy 怎么会有头牛当女朋友?
And how does Goofy, like, have a cow as a girlfriend?
这在很多方面都显得很不自然。
Like, that that just seems unnatural in a lot of different ways.
不管怎样,我们在读《树下》,还有 Eisner 提名的海。
Any case, yes, we're reading Beneath the Trees, and Eisner nominated seas.
那就是它的名字。
It that's the name of it.
不只是《树下》。
It's not just Beneath the Trees.
是的。
Yeah.
它在《恩迪西亚》里。
It's in the Endicia.
而且今年它被提名了艾斯纳奖最佳新系列。
And it is up for an Eisner award this year for a best new series.
艾斯纳奖将在本周晚些时候于圣地亚哥动漫展上公布。
And, the Eisner awards are going to be released later this week at the San Diego Comic Con.
因此,为迎接这一时刻,现在是谈奖的时候了。
So in preparation for that, it is award talk time.
是的。
Yes.
在
At the
上一家漫画店,我们不会一一讨论所有类别。
last comic shop, we're not gonna go through all of the categories.
如果你想了解,可以上网查看。
You can go online and look at that if you want to.
但我们会挑选一些我们最喜欢的作品,并尝试预测一些获胜者,至少是我们希望获奖的那些。
But we are gonna cherry pick some of our favorites and, maybe predict some winners, at least the ones that we want to win.
那么,不废话了,我想我们先从最热门的类别开始,这个问题交给杰伊·斯科特。
So without further ado, I think we're gonna start off with the most heated of all the categories, and I'm gonna go to Jay Scott for this one.
杰伊,谁是《树下无人见》的最佳新系列提名者?
Jay, who's up with beneath the trees where nobody sees for best new series?
我们节目上其实已经讨论过几部,比如凯莉·汤普森和梅雷迪思·麦克拉伦的《黑袍》。
A couple that we've actually covered on the show, black cloak by Kelly Thompson and Meredith McLaren.
这部也可能竞争最佳限定系列。
Could also be best limited series.
我不确定。
I don't know.
他们说等有空的时候会推出第二卷合集的内容。
They said they were gonna put out a second trade worth of stuff when they got around to it.
《本地人》,由蒂姆·西利和托尼·弗利克斯创作。
Local Man by Tim Seeley and Tony Fleeks.
《幽灵之路》,由杰夫·莱莫里和加布里埃尔·埃尔南德斯·沃尔塔创作。
Phantom Road by Jeff Lemire and Gabriel Hernandez Walta.
《索米娜:一个睡前故事》,由贝基·克洛南和图拉·洛特创作。
And Somina, a bedtime story by Becky Clonan and Tula Lotte.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yeah.
这是一个竞争激烈的类别,有很多我们之前在《上一家漫画店》节目中讨论过的名字,比如《空袭者》和图拉·洛特,他们去年凭借《空袭者》(与斯科特·辛德勒合作)获奖;还有托尼·弗利克斯,我们之前在节目中采访过他;凯莉·汤普森和梅雷迪思·麦克拉伦,我们也在这档节目中采访过;加布里埃尔·埃尔南德斯·沃尔塔,我们曾就他与汤姆·金合作的《幻视》系列讨论过他;甚至还有杰夫·莱莫里。
A real stack category with a lot of names that we've covered on the last comic shop, whether it was, you know, talking about Barnstormers and Tula Lotte, who think won last year for Barnstormers with Scott Snyder, but also Tony Fleeks, who we've interviewed on the show before, Kelly Thompson and Meredith McLaren that we've interviewed on this show before, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, who we've talked about with the Vision series that he did with Tom King, and even Jeff Lemire.
所以我把话题交给查德。
So I'm gonna throw it to Chad.
在这些书中,你希望哪一本赢得最佳新系列奖?
Of all of these books, which one would you like to see win best new series?
老实说,我还没看过《Summa》或《Phantom Road》这本书。
Well, to being a thousand percent honest, I have not yet checked out the Summa or the Phantom Room book.
所以这是一场三强争霸,而其中两部在我看来是限定系列。
So it's a three horse race, and two of those horses are limited series in my mind.
所以今天我们来聊聊《Beneath the Trees》。
So Beneath the Trees, we're gonna talk about today.
一共六期。
Ran six issues.
这个故事已经完结了。
That story's done.
这要暂时告一段落了。
This is going on break.
也许吧。
Maybe.
我不知道。
I don't know.
第七期有预告吗?
Is there an issue seven solicited?
我不这么认为,但这并不意味着他可能不会。
I don't think so, but that does not mean that he might yeah.
我不明白。
I don't get that.
我不知道他们为什么管这个叫新系列。
I don't know how why they call that new series.
也许他们只是用完了有限系列的名额。
Maybe they just ran out of limited series.
也许吧。
Maybe.
黑袍侠也是一样。
And the same with Black Cloak.
我非常喜欢《黑袍》。
I enjoyed the the heck out of Black Cloak.
我觉得它真的做得非常好。
I thought that, you know, it's really well done.
它包含了所有那些熟悉的奇幻元素,但被重新组合,呈现出一种独特而新颖的视角。
It had all those familiar fantasy elements, but shaken up and just a a a unique enough perspective.
但对我来说,作为一位九十年代迷,《Local Man》由蒂姆·西利和托尼·弗利克斯创作,它在多个方面都满足了我的情怀——不仅还原了九十年代风格的冒险故事,还展现了这些角色三十年后的生活更新,以及更现实的叙事方式。
But for me, being the resident nineties nut, Local Man by Tim Seeley and Tony Fleeks, it really scratches an itch that I have in a couple of different ways because it not only gives you the nineties style adventures, it also then gives you the modern update of what had happened to those characters, you know, thirty years later and, you know, the the more realistic take on things.
这确实是蒂姆·西利和托尼·弗利克斯的一部杰作,他们轮流负责不同部分的绘画,每一期都引人入胜。
And it is really just a fantastic work from Tim Seeley and Tony Fleekes where they they one does the art duty on one section, one does the other on the you know, that every issue is engaging.
我知道这部作品最初出了九期和两期特别刊,然后上个月又重新启动了。
I know there was nine and two specials, and then they just jump started it again last month.
所以每次这本书出刊,我都迫不及待想读。
And so every time that book comes out, I'm excited to read it.
所以我会投它一票。
So that would get my vote.
好吧。
Alright.
JA,你的投票投给谁?
JA, your vote goes to?
我的意思是,我真的很喜欢《Blackcloak》,但我也部分同意查德的观点,到目前为止,我知道他们说还会出更多期,但这是一个限定系列。
I mean, I really liked Blackcloak, but I also kind of agree with Chad that it to me, up until this point, I know they said they're gonna do some more issues, but it's a limited series.
他们出了六期。
They did six issues.
《树下》也是如此,它感觉完全像是一个限定系列,因为熊要冬眠了。
Same with Beneath the Trees, which really felt like a limited series because the bear is going into hibernation.
我的意思是,熊当然可能冬眠结束后出来,然后
I mean, I guess the bear could come out of hibernation and
事情。
stuff.
对。
Right.
有春天了。
There is There is spring.
春天要来了?
Spring is coming?
我以为冬天要来了。
I thought winter was coming.
我想现在春天要来了。
I guess spring is coming now.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我会选《Blackcloak》,因为我喜欢它的奇幻元素。
I'll just say black cloak because I like the fantasy aspects of it.
我觉得它的世界观构建非常有趣,而《树下》中无人看见的场景让我毛骨悚然。
I thought the world building was really interesting, and beneath the trees where nobody sees freaked me out.
所以
So
你看,我认为这是今年最好的获奖作品,因为它是今年的独立游戏宠儿。
See, I I am of the opinion that that it this this is the best win because It's the indie darling this year.
是的。
I Yeah.
过去一年里,树下的那个pub表现得非常出色。
The the the pub around beneath the trees over the past year has been so tremendous.
它真的与其他任何作品都截然不同。
And it is unlike anything else that's out there really.
所以,我觉得它是领跑者。
And so like, I feel like it's the front runner.
不过我同意查德的观点,我确实非常享受《本地人》这部作品。
I agree though with Chad that I really have enjoyed the heck out of Local Man.
我真的很高兴查德在之前的节目中推荐了这部作品,并引起了我们的注意,因为它确实是一部很棒的系列。
I I am really, really happy that Chad recommended that on a previous show and brought that to our attention because it is really a great series.
接下来,我认为查德想谈谈他希望获奖的一个特定作品。
Moving on, I think Chad wanted to talk about one particular issue that he wanted to win.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Yeah.
在最佳单期漫画或独立短篇类别中,有《钟表匠》、《星际迷航》、《血色之日》,其中《血色之日》由我非常喜欢的瑞安·诺斯和《松鼠女孩》的德里克·查姆合作创作。
So in the best single issue one shots category, it's got horologists, star trek, the day of blood by one of my favorite Ryan North was working on that Derek Charm from squirrel girl.
我真的需要去看看这个。
I really need to check that out.
我对《星际迷航》不感兴趣。
I don't care about Star Trek.
《超人2023年刊》,我们读过了,我要坦率地说。
The Superman 2023 annual, which we read, and I'll be a thousand percent honest.
我确实看得很开心,但觉得它没什么特别的。
I I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was anything special.
还有《甜辣椒》。
And sweet paprika.
但在这个类别中让我印象最深的是《夜翼》第105期。
But the the issue that stood out for me in this category was Nightwing one zero five.
这个故事名为《你就是夜翼》,采用第一人称视角,让你扮演迪克·格雷森。
The story itself is called You Are Nightwing, and it is told in the first person perspective where you are Dick Grayson.
你醒来后,越过枕头看到芭芭拉·戈登,然后被狗狠狠地舔了一脸。
You wake up and look across the the pillow and see Barbara Gordon there, and then you get the big slurpy kisses from the dog.
你展开一场冒险,全程以迪克·格雷森的视角体验一切。
You go on an adventure, and you see everything through the eyes of Dick Grayson.
我特别容易被好点子打动,而这次的执行简直完美。
And, I am a sucker for a good gimmick, and this was just the perfect execution.
甚至还有《办公室》剧组的客串,夜翼从他们大楼前荡过。
There's even a cameo from the cast of The Office when Nightwing swings through their building.
这正是那种偶尔有人会把漫画重新解构、赋予形式创新的例子。
And it's just one of those things where every now and again, someone will take comics and twist it around or do something special with the form.
我认为它值得被关注。
And I think it deserves the attention.
我认为它值得称赞,不仅因为采用了第一人称视角这一创意,更因为执行得如此出色。
I think it it deserves the praise for not just having the gimmick of being the first person perspective, but doing it so well.
而汤姆·泰勒、布鲁诺、罗东多整个团队一直以来都在夜翼系列中表现出色。
And that whole team of, Tom Taylor, Bruno, Rodondo, they have just been rocking around Nightwing.
看到这个团队在下一季结束后就此解散,真是令人难过。
It's very sad to see that team call it quits here after this next series.
但这一期,特别是第105期,如果你还没看过,而且能在本地漫画店找到,那绝对值得花时间阅读。
But this issue in particular, one zero five, if you haven't checked it out and you can find it at your local shop, it's definitely worth your time.
我一拿起这期漫画,就知道它与众不同,与其他一些期数截然不同。
It was something as soon as I picked it up, I knew it was something special as opposed to some of those other issues.
好的。
Alright.
好了,查德,我马上让你坐上热凳。
Well, I'm gonna put you on the hot seat real quickly, Chad.
那么,什么才是更好的创意?
So what's a better gimmick?
这一期是第一人称视角,还是那个连续的单幅画面?
The first person in this particular issue or the one continuous panel?
是的。
The yeah.
他在这方面也做得非常好。
He did a great job with that as well.
那是同一个
Was that same the same
同一个团队。
Same team.
他们还为《夜翼》系列创作了各种表情包封面。
And they were also doing the meme covers throughout the course on Nightwing.
我选择第一人称视角的原因是,我从未见过其他作品能把这一点做得这么好。
The reason I would go with the first person perspective is because I've never seen this executed as well as this.
而那个连续单幅画面的做法,我之前已经见过几次了。
Whereas the one continuous panel thing, I've seen that a couple of times.
我在想《银影侠》第11期和丹·斯洛特的那期,就是莫比乌斯环和故事的那部分。
I'm thinking of the Silver Surfer 11 and the Dan Slot Run where it's the the Mobius strip and the story.
在单个连续面板中进出。
Leaves in and out in one continuous panel.
而且,那真的非常令人印象深刻。
And, like, that was super impressive.
所以对我来说,第一人称视角赢了。
So I think that takes the cake for me there, first person.
你觉得他们能这么做,是因为主角是夜翼,你根本不可能在蝙蝠侠或超人这类漫画里这么做吧?我的意思是,他们确实是在一定程度上突破了漫画媒介的界限。
Do you think that they they're able to get away with it because it's Nightwing, and you could never do that on a, say, a Batman or a Superman book, all these sort of I mean, they're really sort of pushing the envelope of of the medium of comic books a bit.
哦,绝对可以。
Oh, heck yeah.
而这正是夜翼这个角色的美妙之处。
And that's that's the beauty of having a Nightwing.
我总是说,漫威的《夜魔侠》有个优势,就是没人太在意夜魔侠。
I always talked about Daredevil as a Marvel book that had the advantage of that nobody cared about Daredevil.
你不可能在《夜魔侠》上做那些在《蜘蛛侠》上能做的事,因为人们真的在关注蜘蛛侠。
Like, you couldn't do the stuff on Daredevil that you can do on Spider Man because people are actually paying attention to Spider Man.
既然这是本《夜翼》漫画,他们自然有自由和灵活性去尝试各种创新。
So with this being a Nightwing book, you know, they have the freedom and flexibility to try and experiment on things.
而且,没错,这真的做得非常好。
And, yeah, it's just it's just really well done.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我同意这一点。
I I I can agree with that.
我认为,只要有机会做好第一人称叙事,就真的会颠覆你对接下来剧情的预期。
I I think anytime there's a there's an opportunity to do first person well, it really does jar your expectations of what's to come.
让我一直想起一部老电影,我强烈推荐大家去看看。
Keep on thinking back to an old movie, which I highly recommend everybody check out.
这部电影叫《黑暗中的正义》,由亨弗莱·鲍嘉主演,讲的是他逃出监狱后最终换了张脸之类的故事。
It's called dark passage with Humphrey Bogart, and it's all about Humphrey Bogart eventually getting a new face and whatever like that because he escapes from prison.
但这部电影的前十五分钟左右,全程都是第一人称视角,展现他逃出监狱的过程。
But for, like, the first, I don't know, like, fifteen minutes of that, it's all done in first person as he's escaping from jail.
这可是1947年的电影,那时候根本没人这么拍。
And this was, like, 1947, and, like, that really wasn't a thing.
我记得看这部电影时,心里就想:天啊,这简直和现在电子游戏里的手法一模一样。
And I remember watching that movie and just being like, boy, this reminds me so much of, like, what they do with video games nowadays.
就是那种全第一人称、强制播放的过场动画,比如你滚着一个管子下山。
That whole first person forced cut scene where you're rolling a tube down a hill.
我想说的是,这真是精彩的内容。
Good stuff is what I'm trying to say.
没错。
Yeah.
我喜欢这种花招。
I love a gimmick.
给我一个好点的噱头吧,随便哪天都行。
Give me a good gimmick any day.
有一件事,JA每年都会觉得是噱头,那就是艾斯纳奖中某个特定的类别。
Well, one thing that JA thinks is a gimmick every single year is one particular category they throw out at the Eisner's.
它叫最佳图形重印奖。
It's called best graphic reprint.
我提这个,不只是想逗逗JA,也是想指出,今年这个类别里有不少真正出色的作品。
And, I just wanted to bring this up first not not only to get his goat a little bit, but to kind of point out that there are quite a number of, like, really awesome books that are up for this category this year.
JA,你能不能简单列一下这些作品?
JA, do you just wanna list them real quick?
好的。
Yes.
最佳图形专辑重印奖。
Best graphic album reprint.
所以你获奖是因为销量太好,不得不重印漫画,你知道这是什么意思吗?
So you're getting an award because it's sold so well that you're reprinting the comic book because it's you know what it is?
这是因为第一次他们没给你颁奖。
It's because they didn't give you an award the first time.
他们觉得抱歉,所以决定给你一个重印版的奖,尽管我觉得其中很多书第一次就拿过奖了。
They feel bad, so they're gonna give you an award for reprinting it even though I think they a lot of these got the award the first time.
是的。
Yes.
《奇异博士》、《保罗·日出》珍藏版、《好亚裔》、《嘻哈家族树》、《橙色》完整系列盒装,以及《神奇女侠历史》,这本again并不是一个神奇女侠的故事。
Doctor Strange, Paul Sunrise Treasury Edition, The Good Asian, Hip Hop Family Tree, Orange Complete series box set, and Wonder Woman Historia, which again is not a Wonder Woman story.
她只是出现在封面上。
She's just on the cover.
我不确定《嘻哈家族树》是否最初赢得过艾斯纳奖。
I'm not a thousand percent sure whether or not hip hop family tree originally won an Eisner.
但我知道名单上至少有两本书,《好亚裔》——我们在上一期漫画店节目中提到过——那年确实赢得了一个艾斯纳奖。
But I do know that at least two on that list, Good Asian, which we called covered on the last comic shop, that won one of the Eisners that year.
而且我们刚刚聊过去年的《神奇女侠历史》,它也赢得了一个艾斯纳奖。
And and we just talked about last year, Wonder Woman Historia, which also won an Eisner.
那为什么不在他们重印时给他们颁奖呢?
So why not give them they're reprinting it.
你还能怎么称呼这个呢?
What do you what else would you call that?
那还有什么更好的奖项来表彰最佳重印作品呢?
Like, what what would be a better award for best reprint thing?
我讨厌重印这个类别,但我并不反对最佳出版设计奖,因为获奖的确实是设计师。
I hate that reprint category, but I don't mind best publication design because the person who's winning that is actually the designer.
但你说得对,关于最佳出版设计奖。
But you are right about the best publication design.
对吧?
Right?
既然你提到了,谁入围了这个奖项呢?
Who's up for that award since you you brought it up?
《德古拉》、《弗兰肯斯坦》盒装版、《无端忍者》、《福尔摩斯的内心世界》、《铁娘子:和平之心》和《厕所-bound 花子君:第一隔间》盒装版。
So Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein box set, gratuitous ninja, inside the mind of Sherlock Holmes, iron maiden peace of mind, and toilet Bound Hanako Kun First Stall box set.
顺便说一下,正如我所说,你并不是把奖颁给那些写或画的人。
And by the way, I gotta as I said, you're not giving the award to the people who wrote it or drew it.
你把奖颁给了设计出版物、盒子或书籍装帧方式的设计师。
You're giving the award to the designer who designed the publication, the the box, or how the the book was put together.
所以当它摆在你的书架上,看起来很酷的时候,真正获得奖项的是那个人。
So when it sits on your shelf and it looks all cool when you're looking at it, that's the person who's getting
我知道。
I the knew.
我怎么知道的?
How did I know?
这总是回到封面设计,或者它如何摆放在我的书架上。
It would come back to all about the design of the dusk jacket or how it sits on my my shelf.
当然,JA,整个情况就像,哦,他们改了合集的书脊,现在全都让人恼火,或者哦,这些企鹅经典版上总会有指纹。
Of course, JA with the whole, like, oh, they changed the omnibus with the spines, and now that all pisses or or, oh, the fingerprints that you can get on these Penguin Classics.
当然,Jamie。
Like, of course, Jamie.
恶役设计奖颁给……是的。
Villainous design category goes to yes.
在我们进入广告时段并讨论《树下》之前, guys,最后再提一个。
Well, before we get to commercial break and talking about, Beneath the Trees, guys, one last throw out.
从这份名单里挑一本书,你觉得哪一本值得被特别提及,查德。
One one book from this list you feel like deserves a shout out for being great, Chad.
太多了。
There's so many.
丹尼·沃伦·约翰逊的《变形金刚》。
Danny Warren Johnson on transformers.
我正在读一本变形金刚的书。
I am reading a transformers book.
我本不该读变形金刚的书,但这本书真的特别有趣。
I should never be reading a Transformers book, but that book was so much fun.
即使他不再负责绘画,只担任编剧,这本书依然很好看。
And even after he stopped doing the art duties and it's still just serving as the writer, it's fun.
这很暴力。
It's violent.
这很激进。
It's aggressive.
有时它又很感人,而且,天啊,这可是变形金刚。
It's heartfelt at times, and, like, it's trans freaking formers.
这本书太棒了。
That book is wonderful.
但我们还有很多没提到的人。
But there's so many other people that we didn't talk about.
我们没提到马克·韦德。
We didn't talk about Mark Wade.
克里斯·索姆尼终于获得了或被提名了《火力全开》。
Chris Somney finally got or got nominated for firepower.
这本书太出色了。
That book was so great.
我甚至不会让安迪在节目中报道这个。
I wouldn't even let Andy cover it on the show.
我们就没什么可聊的了。
We'd have nothing to talk about.
哦,还记得那本书有多棒吗?
Oh, remember that time that book was awesome?
是的。
Yeah.
有了这些奖项,你知道,你是在庆祝最顶尖中的最顶尖。
With these awards, you know, you're celebrating the best of the best.
获得提名的人都是当之无愧的。
And the the people that got nominated are are are deserving.
不过,今年漫威作品缺席让我很震惊。
Although, I was shocked by the lack of Marvel this year.
我想我们没聊过这个。
I don't think we talked about it.
他们说,为什么瑞安·诺斯的名字只出现在短篇故事类别里?
They're like, where's Ryan North's name more than just the short story category?
你知道,这个绝佳的……
You know, where is this fantastic for
哦。
Oh.
好吧。
Alright.
别再讲你的高论了。
Off your soapbox.
JA,你有什么想特别提到的吗?
JA, what's one that you wanna give a shout out to?
嗯,我是说《猛禽小队》。
Well, I mean, birds of prey.
我们在节目里评论过它。
We reviewed it on the show.
凯莉·汤普森撰稿,莱昂纳多·巴尔托·罗梅罗绘画。
Kelly Thompson writing, with Leonardo Basto Romero.
然后我觉得,今年独立出版社的作品似乎很多。
And then what I like is there's a lot of indie press, it seems, this year.
所以我期待着在一堆稻草中找到一些针,在粗粝中发现钻石,也许未来某期节目可以介绍一些。
So I'm looking forward to finding some some needles in haystacks and, diamonds in the rough and and maybe cover something on a on a future show here.
正如他们所说,重要的不是谁赢,而是获得提名本身就是一种荣誉。
So as they say, it's not who wins, it's an honor to be nominated.
因为你永远无法预料。
Because you never know.
你明年可能还会获得提名。
You could always get nominated the next year
只要你重印你那愚蠢的刊期。
if you reprint your stupid issue.
好吧。
Alright.
好吧。
Alright.
好吧。
Alright.
另外,你的桃木子子因《恶魔战争:猩红之罪》入围了漫威最佳封面艺术家奖。
Also, your Peach Momoko is up for best cover artist for demon wars scarlet sin at Marvel.
我不知道
I don't know what
她明年凭借《X战警》系列肯定会横扫所有奖项。
She's gonna win all the awards next year for her x men run.
它正在横扫所有奖项。
It's winning all the awards.
在我们进入广告时段前,顺便提一下。
Before we go to commercial break, just throwing it out here.
最佳国际作品美国版。
Best US edition of international material.
我们甚至都没提到它。
We didn't even talk about it.
《Black Sadd》的另一卷也入围了奖项。
Another volume of Black Sadd up for an award.
我知道我们在这个播客里读过《Black Sadd》。
I know that we read Black Sadd on this particular podcast.
我喜欢《Black Sadd》。
Love Black Sadd.
它入围了第七卷。
It's up for volume seven.
《他们全都倒下》第二部分。
They all fall down part two.
所以,也许《Black Sadd》又能再添一座伟大的艾斯纳奖,装点它的书架。
So, again, maybe Black Sadd will get another great Eisner to add to its bookshelf.
你书架上还应该添上一本《树下》。
And one thing that you should add to your bookshelf is beneath the trees.
这些商业广告结束后,我们将讨论这部潜在的艾斯纳奖热门作品。
We're gonna be talking about this potential Eisner darling right after these commercial breaks.
bcwsupplies.com 拥有漫画收藏家所需的一切物品。
Bcwsupplies.com has everything a comic collector could need.
包括衬板、保护袋、长盒,以及为不断增长的收藏提供的其他众多用品。
Boards, bags, long boxes, and so much else for our ever so increasing collections.
结账时使用促销码 LCS POD,即可享受订单总额 10% 的折扣。
And you can save 10% on your total order by using promo code LCS POD at checkout.
这不仅能让您在 BCW Supply 已经低廉的价格基础上再省 10%,还能支持我最爱的播客《最后的漫画店》。
Not only does this take 10% off BCW Supply's already low prices, but it supports my favorite podcast, The Last Comic Shop.
所以,请到 bcwsupplies.com 购买您所有收藏用品,并在结账时使用促销码 LCS POD 享受 10% 折扣。
So get all your collecting here at b c w supplies dot com and save 10% on your order with promo code LCS POD at checkout.
结账时使用 LCS POD。
That's LCS POD at checkout.
祝您淘得开心。
Happy hunting.
有没有
Have
你有没有在翻阅一摞漫画时,想过也许该去看看《阿卡姆疯人院》这款游戏到底有什么特别?
you ever been reading through a stack of comics and thought, maybe I should see what the Arkham Asylum game is all about?
或者在玩《漫威VS卡普空》时,觉得自己处于明显劣势,因为你连一半的角色都不认识?
Or have been playing Marvel versus Capcom and felt like you were at a real disadvantage since you didn't know who half the characters were?
那么,《Play Comics》这个节目就是为你准备的。
Well, Play Comics is the show for you.
我是克里斯。
I'm Chris.
在每一集中,我们都会探讨基于漫画改编的电子游戏,以及它们在多大程度上忠实于原作。
And each episode, we take a look at video games based on comic properties and how well they stick to that source material.
所以,无论你是了解漫画但想了解这些游戏是如何运作的,还是熟悉游戏但想知道这些疯狂情节的来源,都去查看《Play Comics》吧,网址是 playcomics.com,或者在你收听最爱播客的平台找到它。
So whether you know the comics and wanna know how all these games work or you know the games and wanna find out where all this craziness came from, go check out Play Comics at playcomics.com or wherever you find your favorite podcasts.
我们回来了,不再谈论艾斯纳奖,转而介绍一部获得艾斯纳奖提名的漫画作品——《在无人看见的树下》。
And we are back moving off of some Eisner talk onto an Eisner nominated book in Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees.
而且
And
没错。
That's right.
这是一部六期的迷你系列,或者最佳持续系列之一,
This six issue miniseries or best continuing series, one of those series,
是吧?
isn't it?
这个新系列。
This new series.
是新的吗?
It's new?
新系列。
New series.
它是新的。
It is new.
始于2023年。
Started in 2023.
这部作品由帕特里克·霍瓦特绘制并撰写,字幕由哈桑·奥特曼·埃尔·霍韦负责,由IDW出版社出版。
It's illustrated and written by Patrick Horvath with letters by Hassan Otsmane El Howe, and it's coming out of IDW Publishing.
是的。
Yes.
那么,在无人目睹的树下,究竟发生了什么?
And, what happens beneath the trees where nobody sees?
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
嗯,这个
Well, the
十美分的简介很简单。
10¢ synopsis is simply put.
就像那部关于连环杀手的剧集《嗜血法医》一样,你知道的,主角虽然残忍地杀害了很多人,却 somehow 保持了无辜的样子。
It's like that show Dexter, you know, about the serial killer that somehow maintains his innocence or whatever, even though, like, he's gruesomely murdering a lot of folks.
但没错,你把这和你小时候读的理查德·斯卡瑞的书融合在一起。
But, yeah, you mash that up with the Richard Scarry books that you read when you were kids.
于是所有动物都画得色彩柔和,像在小镇里走来走去,当消防员、经营五金店的人、警察,或者那个送邮件的本地浣熊之类的。
So it's all, like, wonderfully pastel y animals, like, walking around in towns being, you know, firefighters or folks that run the hardware store or police officers or the local raccoon that delivers the mail or whatever like that.
萨姆是一只熊,她在五金店工作,是我们故事里的主角。
Sam, who's a bear, she works in the hardware store, is our heavy.
她是一名连环杀手,经常去城里绑架陌生人,把他们带到树林里肢解,然后装进油漆桶里。
She is a serial killer that's been going to the city and basically kidnapping random folks and taking them out to the woods and cutting them up and putting them in paint cans.
非常棒。
Very nice.
我们已经做了很久,但当突然出现一个新连环杀手,在她自己的小镇上开始猎杀人们时,事情就变得复杂了。
We've been doing this for a really long time, but things become complicated when all of a sudden a new serial killer jumps onto the scene and starts hunting folks in her own little town.
她会不会被当成那些新谋杀案的凶手,而不是她自己犯下的那些罪行?
And will she be blamed for those murders instead of the murders that she did?
这是一部
It's a
猫鼠游戏。
cat and mouse game.
没那么紧张。
Less intense
和老鼠。
and mouse.
字面意义上的猫和老鼠。
Literally cats and mice involved.
这完全是《疯狂动物城》遇上《嗜血法医》。
It totally is Zootopia meets Dexter.
但这个世界里也有非拟人化的动物。
But there's also non anthropomorphic animals in this world.
这让我很意外。
That's what threw me.
有会说话、走路、穿衣服的熊萨姆,也有看起来就是普通灰熊、不穿衣服、吼叫、在树林里排便的灰熊,我想。
There's Sam the bear who talks and walks around and wears clothing, and then there's big grizzly bears that look like grizzly bears and don't wear clothing and roar and poop in the woods, I guess.
比如,拉屎。
Like, poop.
对。
Right.
我猜萨姆是用马桶的。
I assume Sam uses a a toilet.
但我想象中,那里有那种可爱的金佰利熊。
But that's I imagine it has those snuggle Charmin bears.
纸巾。
Paper towel.
听好了。
Listen.
这和你以前在华纳兄弟或迪士尼的老动画里看到的没什么不同。
It's no different than anything that you may see in those old Warner Brothers or Walt Disney cartoons.
正如我之前提到的,你有穿着裤子到处跑的米老鼠,而他家里还有其他不是拟人化的老鼠。
As I mentioned earlier, you have things like Mickey Mouse running around in pants, and then he would be in a house with other mice which weren't like anthropomorphic.
它们就是普通的老鼠。
They were just mice.
而且它们出现在同一个画面里。
And and it was in the same panel.
我没觉得这有什么问题,各位。
It's I I didn't see a problem with it, guys.
不知为什么,我特别迷这个系列,就顺其自然地接受了。
I for some bizarre reason, I was so into this particular series that I just went with it.
它们甚至根本不需要是动物。
They didn't even need to be animals.
我明白,那是吸引人的卖点。
I get it that that was the hook
它们根本不是动物。
in They're not animals.
这比故事本身更有趣吗?
Is it as interesting as the stories?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
它没那么前卫。
It as it's not as edgy.
对吧?
Right?
因为你一看它,
Because you look at it,
它看起来像
it looks
一本儿童读物,只是她是个疯狂的杀人狂,像帕特里克·贝特曼那样四处游荡。
like a kid's book, except that she's freaking homicidal maniac, psycho Patrick Bateman walking around.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
但等一下。
But hold on.
等等。
Hold on.
至少他身处商业世界,有一张制作精美的名片,上面有我们后来在互联网上指出的错误。
There, at least he's in the world of business, and he has this fancyly made business card, which has the error on it that we pointed out all over the Internet later on.
但在这里,你把这种设定移植到了一个小镇的Wii上。
But here, you you're transposed that with small town on Wii.
而且这正是
And that's
关键所在。
the thing.
她的整个理念就是,她并不介意别人去杀人。
Like, she her whole thing is she doesn't mind that someone else is doing killings.
只是别在我的镇上杀人。
It's just that don't do the killings in my town.
去大城市吧。
Go to the big city.
你会搞砸的。
You're gonna mess up.
你正在做
You're doing
她现在。
her now.
没人会想念你。
Nobody will will will miss you.
来吧。
Come on.
这全都是关于把乳液涂在皮肤上。
It's all about, like, putting the lotion on your skin.
杀手必须保持控制。
Gotta make it it's serial killers have to maintain control.
就像,这正是重点所在。
Like, that's the whole point.
就像,她无法感受到,你知道的,像其他人那样。
Like, she's she can't feel, you know, like other people does.
她没有那种同理心,或者说是正常人所拥有的那种东西。
She doesn't have that that empathy or whatever that normal people does.
她真的是一个精神病患者,要么是反社会人格,要么是心理变态。
She is truly a psych either a psychopath or a sociopath.
我不确定到底是哪一种,但不管怎样,她就是其中之一。
I'm not sure which one is which, but regardless, she's one of them.
而且
And
一个穿着囚服,另一个穿着三件套西装。
One wears the prison gear and the other wears the three piece suit.
没错。
That's true.
所以她穿的是三件套,但并没有被画成
So she wears But the three piece not drawn as
一只杜鹃。
a cuckoo.
她是一只熊。
She's a bear.
所以她是
So she's
不是杜鹃,因为杜鹃是
not a cuckoo since a cuckoo is
但这就是它有效的原因。
But that's why it works.
因为,再次强调,杰,我认为,如果这只是普通人,你讲的是一个普通的故事,那就没有任何张力。
Because, again, I think to your point, Jay, if this would be just normal people and you were telling a normal story, there would be no edge to it.
也就没有理由去关注。
There would be no reason to care.
这是一个我们听过上千遍的故事。
It's a story that we've heard a thousand times before.
虽然说得很有道理。
And although well pointed.
没错。
Yeah.
如果你愿意的话,老兄,你最近在读什么类型的故事?
If you want, what kind of stories are you reading, man?
我妻子是个《嗜血法医》的铁粉。
There is an entire I my wife is a huge Dexter fan.
《嗜血法医》有一整季讲的是德克斯特与约翰·利思戈饰演的连环杀手对决。
There's an entire season of Dexter where Dexter goes up against John Lithgow, who's also a serial killer.
而且,again,他们玩的是猫鼠游戏。
And, again, they play this cat and mouse game.
这里的情况完全一样。
It's the exact same thing here.
因为,again,我特别喜欢这种对比。
Because, again, I love it when you have that contrast.
我喜欢那种反差感,比如,这本该是有趣、可爱、活泼的,看看这些柔和色调的动物,多可爱啊。
I love it when you have that dichotomy of, like, this should be fun and cutesy and bubbly and and and, oh, look at all the pastel animals, and they're so cute.
它们是动物。
They're animals.
它们会吃掉你的脸。
They will eat your face.
熊很可怕,不管它们是不是穿着L的格子衣服。
Bears are terrifying whether or not they're wearing plaid from L.
L。
L.
Bean。
Bean.
从技术上讲,我宁愿跑得更快,避开穿母牛裤的熊。
Technically, I I I would run away from a bear in mom jeans faster.
但你不应该逃跑,因为熊会追你。
But you're not supposed to run away from bears.
对吧?
Right?
因为它们跑得比你快,能追上你。
Because they can go faster than you and catch you.
没错。
That's true.
你的选择是装死。
I your option is playing dead.
是谁想出这个主意的,熊吗?
Who's the bear who came up with that idea?
是啊。
Yeah.
如果它们认真的话,就告诉它们装死。
Just tell them to play dead if they're serious.
这是最好的处理方式。
That's the best way to go about it.
我超爱这个系列。
I I love this series.
我不会多说,因为我想听听你们的想法,我觉得你们还比较犹豫。
I'm not gonna say much more, because I wanna hear what you guys think because I think you guys are a little bit more on the fence.
我们先从查德开始。
We're gonna start off with Chad.
查德传统上不喜欢那种恐怖血腥的书籍。
Chad traditionally doesn't like poor y slasher kind of books.
那个动物的情节真的很有表现力。
Did the animal thing did That much shows.
在我脑子里。
In my head.
没有。
No.
我不喜欢这个。
I did not like this.
不,先生。
No, sir.
一点都喜欢不起来。
Not not one bit.
不。
No.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我要给它一个专利评价。
It's it's I'm gonna give it the patented.
这制作得不错,但我只是觉得不适合我。
This was well done, but I just don't think it's for me.
是的。
Yeah.
所以
So
我最大的问题是,它做得好吗?
the my big problem is, is it well done?
是的。
Yes.
我们之前提到过黑草皮。
And we had brought up black sod earlier.
在那里,我不明白为什么是拟人化的动物。
In there, I didn't understand why it was anthropomorphic animals.
在这里,至少我稍微明白了一点。
Here, at least I get it a little bit more.
它的风格似乎更倾向于这种对比,你有一种一切都很安全、一切都很舒适的氛围。
The style of it seems to lend itself more towards that juxtaposition, and you have, you know, this glaze of everything is is safe and everything is comfortable.
然后你将这种氛围与角色本身狂野的本性形成对比。
And then you juxtapose that with, you know, the wild natures of of the characters themselves.
还有,你知道吗,在第六期封面里,你看到萨姆,是两张萨姆的图像叠在一起。
And, you know, there's that one covered issue six where you see Sam, and it's the two images of Sam on top of each other.
一张是她戴着护目镜,面无表情,另一张是熊在咆哮,展现出原始的狂怒。
One is the she's got her goggles on and, you know, a straight face, and the other one is the bear screaming in a, you know, a primal rage.
这就能理解为什么动物元素存在了,它们帮助你在两个层面上都理解故事。
That makes sense why the animal things are there to help you understand, you know, on on both levels.
它们就像儿童读物一样,给你带来安全感、舒适感和那种幻觉。
The you know, they're they're like the children's book to give you that safety and that comfort and that illusion there.
而且它们是动物,因为它们就是该死的动物。
And they're animals because they're freaking animals.
它们会互相撕开喉咙,在中间流血。
They're gonna tear each other's throats out and bleed them out in the middle.
这些动物有时候还算仁慈,会把彼此剁成碎片,放进油漆桶里,埋在树林里,但它们终究还是动物。
Now this these animals sometimes are nice enough to chop each other up into pieces and put them in paint cans and bury them in the woods, but still animals.
动物的本性,所有这些东西,我都明白了。
Animal nature, like, all that stuff, I get it.
我最大的问题是,我不希望支持一个连环杀手,但德克斯特不也是个连环杀手吗?他杀的人可都是坏人啊。
My big issue is just I don't want to root for a serial killer who's not like wasn't Dexter a serial killer, like, killing people for good?
是的。
Yeah.
他是。
He was.
他是。
He was.
我明白。
And I and I get it.
当萨姆真的用钉子钉进后脑勺杀人时,很难让她成为我们支持的主角。
It's hard to root for Sam as a protagonist when she is genuinely killing people with, like, nails to the back of the head.
那样杀人才更好。
Like, that was a better way
比起把人胸腔撕开,挂在游行花车的桅杆上,这样杀人更好。
to kill people than like ripping open their chests and hanging them up on a mast of a float in a parade.
我是真的懂。
Like, I get it.
没那么吵。
It's less noisy.
我懂。
I get it.
你真的很难去关心她或者希望她成功。
You're it's really hard for you to to care or want her to succeed.
你也希望她失败。
You want you want her to fail too.
对吧?
Right?
她是个坏人。
She's a bad guy.
没错。
Right.
你想要正义。
You want justice.
我明白坏人去追另一个坏人的部分。
I I get the bad guys going after the other bad guy.
而且,那部分确实挺有意思的。
And, like, that part is, you know, could be fun.
但归根结底,我就放下了。
But just for me at the end of the day, like, I put this down.
我感觉很不舒服。
I felt icky.
我不喜欢这样。
I don't like it.
别让。
Don't let no.
不,别这样。
Like, no.
不。
No.
谢谢
Thank
你。
you.
不。
No.
作为你多年的朋友,你知道吗?
As a longtime friend of yours, you know what?
因为当我们一起读杰夫·帕克的那本神秘难解的作品时,你也有同样的反应,那些博士·苏斯的角色竟然变成了邪恶、诡异的生物。
Because you had the same reaction when we read together, what, that mysterious and unfathomable by Jeff Parker and, like, the doctor Seuss characters out to be, like, real evil, creepy creatures.
你当时就说:不。
You were like, no.
我不喜欢把博士·苏斯的角色变成这样。
I don't like that with my doctor Seuss.
我的苏斯博士作品是很好的东西。
My doctor Seuss is nice stuff.
不。
No.
就是不行。
Just no.
不。
No.
好吧。
Okay.
所以,是的,我喜欢这个,而查德则持相反观点。
So, yeah, me that likes it, Chad, that's on the other side of the fence.
贾,你对这本书怎么看?
JA, where did you fall on this book?
嗯。
Yeah.
谁会花四个小时甚至更久去读一本关于一只杀害他人的熊的书?
I who wants to spend four hours or whatever reading about a bear that murders other people?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我就是完全看不进去《嗜血法医》。
I it's I could never get into Dexter.
所以也许这部作品也不适合我。
So maybe it's just not for me either.
所以我猜我更像查德。
So I guess I'm more like Chad.
插画非常漂亮。
The art was beautiful.
但说实话,故事有点套路化。
The story was a little bit paint by numbers, to be honest.
如果我们真的要坦诚地说,如果不是熊、猫、老鼠,以及《疯狂动物城》里各种各样的动物——你看过《疯狂动物城》吧,然后说:天啊。
If we're gonna be really honest about it, if it's not bears and cats and mice and all manner of animals from the Zootopia where it's like you the guy watched Zootopia and then said, oh, man.
让《疯狂动物城》更好的方式是把它变成《嗜血法医》和《疯狂动物城》的结合。
What would make Zootopia better was if it was Dexter and Zootopia.
小心帕特里克·科瓦斯。
Watch out for Patrick Corvath.
他正在处理一些事情。
He's working through some stuff.
画得非常精美。
Beautifully drawn.
很美。
Was beautiful.
画得非常精美。
Beautifully drawn.
得了吧。
Come on.
我不确定它是否很美。
I don't know if it was beautiful.
我不会说它美丽,因为有一些非常令人震惊的恐怖画面,比如那只鸭子被砍碎,还有幽灵们带着半边头缺失、能看见他们大脑的画面。
I wouldn't say beautiful because there are some pretty shockingly horrific panels like that duck getting chopped up and then the where the ghosts walk around with half their head missing so you can see all their brains.
是的。
Yeah.
她正对着镜头。
She's holding to camera.
她对着角色说,哦,那些是你排出的肠子。
Talking to the character and she's like, oh, those are your bowels releasing.
别担心。
Don't worry.
这就是会发生的事。
That's the thing that happens.
是的。
Yeah.
那里面有很多《汉尼拔》式的场景。
It was very there's a very Hannibal Lecter moments.
要写出这种东西需要一种特别的人,而我不是这样的人。
I it takes a special kind of person to write that kind of stuff, and that person is not me.
嗯,我为帕特里克鼓掌,我不知道为什么。
Well, I I applaud Patrick for I don't know.
这只是这种作品的原创性。
I it's just the originality of this.
我只是觉得这很聪明。
I just thought it was clever.
我第一次看到这个标题后,立刻听了那首泰迪熊野餐的歌,我觉得这是一首很诡异的歌。
I I I listened to that teddy bear picnic song the moment after I I saw this title for the first time, and I'm like, that is a creepy song.
是的。
Yeah.
我肯定他就是从这里获得灵感的。
I'm I'm sure that's where he's channeling that.
在我们生活中那些看似舒适温馨的世界表象之下,其实潜藏着这些东西。
That they're like underneath the the facade or the the sheen of some of, like, what we think is just such a comfy and cozy world that we live in.
就在表面之下,存在着某种真正的可怕,它就明目张胆地存在着,就像在儿童读物里一样。
There is just some true awfulness that lives right underneath, and it lives in plain sight like it would in a children's book.
哦,看看这些角色。
Like, oh, look at those characters.
我不禁想知道,他们晚上回家后会做些什么。
I wonder what they do when they go home at night.
是的。
Yeah.
有时候,你并不想得知真相。
Sometimes you don't wanna know.
你真的不想知道。
You you really don't.
说实话,我觉得这非常有趣。
And, I I I thought that was fascinating, to be very honest.
我能理解你们为什么不喜欢它。
I can get why you guys didn't like it.
而且,我真的不太喜欢《嗜血法医》这类东西。
And and and I'm I'm not a huge fan of things like Dexter.
尽管我喜欢《沉默的羔羊》这类其他作品。
Although I liked other things like, Silence of the Lambs and stuff like that.
我不会说我自己特别喜欢,嗯。
I I'm not gonna say I'm, like, particularly yeah.
我不喜欢恐怖片或者砍杀片之类的,但我确实赞赏这里的创意。
Like, I love the horror or the through the slashers or anything like that, but I I do applaud the creativity here.
我觉得画面画得非常美。
I think it was beautifully drawn.
我觉得制作得非常出色。
I think it was beautifully executed.
我觉得节奏把握得很好。
I think the pacing was great.
还有那一集,她四处奔逃,幽灵缠身,最终她在树林里看到了熊,意识到自己才是捕食者,不该再像猎物一样行事。
And that issue where she runs around and the ghosts are haunting her and she eventually sees the bear in the woods and she realizes she's a predator and she should stop acting like prey.
嗯。
Yeah.
说实话,我觉得这是一部很有趣的人物研究。
And I just thought it was an interesting character study, to be very honest.
所以我想知道结局会怎样。
So I wanted to see how it ended.
我想继续看下去吗?
Do I wanna read more of this?
大概不会。
Probably not.
如果他们推出第二季,我不确定。
Like, if they come up with a second series, I don't know.
但作为一个单本作品,我觉得挺棒的。
But for a one book, I thought it was cool.
你什么意思,不想看第二季?
What do you mean you don't wanna read a second series?
坏人在空中赢了。
The bad guy wins in the air.
他们都是坏人,但坏人赢了。
They're all bad guys, but the bad guy wins.
然后剩下的
And then the rest of
整个小镇的人都说,是啊。
the town's like, yeah.
现在很酷。
It's cool now.
很有趣。
It's fun.
我明白了。
I see.
所以你想看
So you wanna see
所以我们甚至还没提到她丈夫有个毛绒玩具猫,天哪,
so We didn't we haven't even mentioned about the the cat that her her husband has a stuffed, like Dude,
它就
it was
坐在沙发上。
just sitting on the couch.
对,没错。
Just yes.
她
Her
丈夫去世了。
husband died.
她就是这样应对悲痛的。
She that's how she was dealing with the grief.
得了吧。
Oh, come on.
已经到了那种地步,你不知道树下没人看见的地方藏着什么。
It's to the point that you don't know what it's beneath the trees where nobody sees.
它藏在表面之下。
It's underneath the surface.
它是藏在表面之下的东西。
It's what lives underneath the surface.
它是每个人壁橱里藏着的秘密。
It's what's in everybody's closets.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
这本书里有屠夫。
They have butchers in this book.
你觉得他们有标本制作师吗?
Do you think they have taxidermists?
比如,这是种常见的情况吗?
Like, is that a common thing?
这可能是文化差异吧。
Is it you know, maybe it's just a cultural thing.
我们只是
We just
不知道。
don't know.
我不确定我到底是谁,谁知道呢?
I don't know if it I actually who knows?
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
但我知道一件事,我们必须提升收视率。
But one thing I do know is we gotta get to our our ratings.
广告结束后,我们将继续为您带来《最后的漫画店》的更多内容,包括对《树下》的评分和推荐。
So we'll be right back with more of The Last Comic Shop right after these commercial breaks, with our rating of Beneath the Trees as well as recommendations.
敬请期待。
So stay tuned for that.
LastComicShopPodcast.com 是了解所有店铺相关资讯的终极目的地。
Lastcomicshoppodcast.com is the destination for all things shop.
通过即将到来的节目表、最新书籍、推荐内容和团队聊天来规划你的每周安排。
Plan your week with upcoming show schedules, the latest books, recommendations, and chatter from the crew.
在所有主要的播客平台上,从一个便捷的地点订阅本节目。
Subscribe to the show on all major podcasting platforms from one convenient location.
支持我们并浏览周边商品商店。
Show your support and browse the merch store.
为家人提供T恤、背心、连帽衫、咖啡杯、磁铁、手提袋等商品。
T shirts, tanks, hoodies for the fam, coffee mugs, magnets, totes, and more.
通过节目的YouTube频道查看独家内容,并在Instagram、Blue Sky、Threads等平台关注本播客。
Check out exclusive content through the show's YouTube channel, and follow the pod on Instagram, Blue Sky, threads, and others.
所有这些以及更多内容,请访问 www.lastcomicshoppodcast.com。
All this and so much more at www.lastcomicshoppodcast.com.
www.lastcomicshoppodcast.com。
Www.lastcomicshoppodcast.com.
你知道我想说什么吗?
You know what I think?
我们现在所处的这个世界才是童话。
This world we're in right now is the fairy tale.
真正真实的东西在另一边。
And what's really real is on the other side.
拉姆西,白天是机械师,晚上是立志成为漫画创作者的人,走进了树林并摔倒了。
Ramsey, mechanic by day, aspiring comic book creator by night, went into the woods and tripped.
他被一系列奇异而神秘的符号包围,于是把这些符号画在了素描本上,也画在了他的灵感缪斯雷吉娜身上。
He was bombarded by bizarre and mysterious glyphs that he drew into his sketch pad and onto the body of his muse, Regina.
哦,太酷了。
Oh, Groovy.
你的艺术作品到处都是我身上。
Your art is crawling all over me.
该死。
Shit.
你这是怎么了?
What is going on with you?
你这是怎么了?
What's going on with you?
突然间,你变得完全像个呆子了,宝贝。
All of a sudden, you're a complete drip, baby.
也许你需要再长个脑袋。
Maybe you need another limb to the head.
绽放。
Bloom.
绽放。
Bloom.
由泰德·塞科拉编剧和创作。
Written and created by Ted Secora.
艺术由巴奇·马帕绘制。
With art by Butch Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
马帕。
Mappa.
你那里到底怎么样啊,安特兰德先生?
How are you there, really, Antland man?
你从未经历过如此令人震惊的故事。
You've never experienced a story so astonishing Astonishing.
离常规路径如此遥远。
So far out and away from the beaten path.
我在里面吗?
In the am I?
与蓝色一起发射,先知的起源。
Blast off with Blue, the origin of a prophet.
先知。
Prophet.
请在herotomorrow.com订购。
Order yours at herotomorrow.com.
好的。
Alright.
我们继续带来最后一间漫画店的内容,现在到了评分环节,我们不会像野兽一样互相攻击。
We're back with more of the last comic shop, and it is now time for ratings where we're not gonna turn on each other like animals.
我们会试着文明地进行。
We're gonna try to do this civilized.
没错。
That's right.
我们使用四分制评分。
We get a one out of four scale.
每个人都有自己的看法,现在由JA Sky为我们提供这个四分制评分。
Everybody gets their own take, And JA Sky's gonna provide us with that one out of four scale right now.
那么,JA,关于‘树下无人可见’这个地方,我们的四分制评分是多少?
So, JA, what is our one out of four scale for beneath the trees where nobody sees?
嗯,这是一些装满人体部位的非常文明的蛋糕罐。
Well, it's a very civilized cake cans filled with body parts.
美味。
Tasty.
我觉得这太棒了。
I thought that was awesome.
就是那个场景,他只是说:‘嗯。’
That just that one scene where he's like, yeah.
他们会找到所有油漆罐。
They're gonna find all the paint cans.
我只是顺其自然。
I just let it go.
天哪。
Jeez.
我确实必须质疑一下整个事件中的警察工作,或者说糟糕的警察工作。
I I do have to question do have to question the the police work or rather shoddy police work in this whole thing.
一名警犬副手。
A deputy dog.
是的。
Yes.
他根本没嗅出什么线索。
He's he's not sniffing much out.
我认为这就是他们画出这个的原因,因为我们都能想到那个可爱的老派警长,那只寻血猎犬。
And I think that's why they drew that, like because we can all oh, that lovable old time sheriff, that bloodhound.
哦,该死。
Oh, darn it.
卡恩斯,该死。
Carnes, darn it.
我以为他是嗯。
I thought he was yeah.
我的意思是,他们是在模仿麦格里夫这只破案犬。
I mean, they were channeling, McGriff the crime dog.
那么,你用你的一到四分制,到底在模仿什么,JA?
Well, what are you channeling with your one out of four scale, JA?
你觉得这个案子能给多少个油漆桶?
How many paint cans you'd give in this?
大概2.75个油漆桶吧。
It's like 2.75 paint cans.
比平均水平好一点,但也不算好。
It's better than average, but it's not great.
这并不仅仅是因为故事对我的吸引力不够。
And that's not just because the story didn't appeal to me so much.
他们用‘如果不是萨姆,那凶手是谁?’来吸引你,然后你最终知道了真相。
It was like they hook you with that who's the killer if it's not Sam, and then you find out who it is.
然后你就大概能猜到接下来会发生什么了。
And then you kinda know what's gonna happen.
所以虽然我觉得这很巧妙,但有时又觉得它聪明过头了。
So while I thought it was clever, I thought it was sort of maybe too clever for itself at times.
好吧。
Okay.
就是把这个前提拿去,然后像注射了类固醇一样疯狂展开。
Sort of taking that premise and just running with it on steroids.
我想你必须要么完全接受,要么完全不接受这种‘动物城遇上美国派对’的设定。
And I guess you have to either buy in or not buy into the whole Zootopia meets American Psycho.
如果你喜欢这种风格,那你就会全盘接受。
And if you like that, then you're all in.
如果你不喜欢这一点,那你就会想,我为什么要读这个?
And if you don't like that, then you're sort of, why am I reading this?
而且,again,你还会遇到一些奇怪的情节,比如那只熊、那只真正的熊、妈妈牛仔裤,还有那家肉铺,橱窗里摆着猪头,而其中一个镇民是一只猪,正在买食物时盯着那些猪头看。
And, again, you got these weird things like the the bear and the bear, the the real bear and the and the bear and mom jeans, or the fact that there's a butcher shop with pig heads in the window, and one of the townsfolk is a pig looking at the pig heads while she's shopping food.
她嫁给了一个猫头鹰。
Who's married to an owl.
是的。
Yeah.
我想,这怎么可能发生呢?
I I think how does that happen?
我不知道。
I don't know.
之前有一只猪想娶一只青蛙。
Well, there was a pig that wanted to marry a frog.
所以,我的意思是,这也不是完全不可能的事。
So, I mean, it's not it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.
如果你喜欢那种类型的叙事风格,那种阴暗诡异的氛围,比如《沉默的羔羊》、《红龙》或者任何涉及连环杀手的作品,说实话,像《嗜血法医》这样的,你应该会喜欢。
If you're into sort of that that sort of genre of storytelling, that macabre weirdness, if you like things like silence of the lambs or the red dragon or anything with serial killers, really, I guess, Dexter, this would be for you.
但我通常不太喜欢这类东西。
But I don't tend to like those things.
所以这并不太适合我。
So this wasn't really for me.
不过,我确实喜欢《美国派对》。
Though, I did like American Psycho.
所以我不知道自己到底怎么看待这个。
So I don't know where I'm coming down with that.
我觉得我更喜欢它,可能是因为第四季。
That, I think I liked it more because of four.
这只是一个休伊·刘易斯的粉丝。
That's just a Huey Lewis fan.
我就知道。
I knew it.
我以为你更喜欢保罗·柯林斯的那张专辑。
I thought you were more of a fan of that Paul Collins album he had.
不管怎样,查德,你给个评分吧?
Any case, Chad, why don't you give your rating?
好的。
Okay.
我已经说过我不喜欢这部作品了。
So I I've already gone on record with the whole not for me thing.
我对杰斯的观点略有不同,他认为这部作品要么适合你,要么不适合。
I disagree slightly with the Jays take that this is either for you or not.
因为你要么接受,要么不接受,而我的观点是我就是不喜欢。
Like, you either buy in or you don't because I guess my whole thing is I don't like this.
我一点都不喜欢。
I didn't like it one bit.
我们之前私下聊过,我往往会被我们读到的故事深深影响。
We were talking a little bit off air about how I tend to be really affected by the stories we read.
当人们拿走我童年的东西并加以操控时,我会特别反感
And when people take things from my childhood and manipulate them, gets extra nos
对我来说。
for me.
对于
With
话虽如此,我能理解并尊重这部作品的精妙之处。
that said, I can see and I can respect how artfully done this was.
我认为,就故事本身的过程而言,我可以给它多一点肯定。
And I think I I might give it a little bit more credit in terms of the the process of the story itself.
我认为,这个故事中一些心理层面的东西,他们处理得非常好,比如探讨了我们真实的样子、我们在邻居面前展现的样子、我们在关门之后的真实自我,以及其中的挣扎。
And I think just some of the psychological things going on in this story, they did a good job, you know, playing with those the different elements of who we really are, who do we show our neighbors, and who we are behind closed doors, and, you know, the struggle that's there.
我不知道。
And I don't know.
我只是觉得这部作品层次丰富,我确实非常欣赏。
I I just thought there were levels on levels in this that I I definitely appreciated.
还有视觉画面,有时非常震撼。
And the the visual imagery, it was visceral at times.
我还是要说,它确实制作得很有艺术性。
It it I I go back to to just saying that it was artfully done.
对吧?
Right?
所以虽然这个故事对我来说并不太出色,但我认为它做得很好。
And so whereas the story gets a very big not for me, I do think it was well done.
我觉得值得花时间去看一看。
I do think it's worth your time to check out.
如果这部作品获奖了,我能理解,但我以后还是会毫不犹豫地跳过它。
If this does win the awards, I can see it, but I would happily pass it up moving forward.
所以我对这部作品的看法有些矛盾。
So I I I'm kind of in in two places with this.
因此,我的评分是3.25。
So for my rating, I'm gonna go with a 3.25.
我觉得这是一部高质量的作品。
I think it's high quality work.
我觉得值得你花时间看看。
I think it's worth your time.
我只是不喜欢看关于坏人的故事,因为我不知道为什么。
I just don't like reading stories about the bad guys because I I don't know.
我生活的态度让我变得如此天真、信任他人,以至于我不愿相信这世上真有这样的人,但我知道他们无处不在。
The way I live my life, I'm such a a naive, trusting person that I don't wanna believe that there are people like that that's out there, and I know that they're everywhere.
这只是一个提醒,但它是用熊、鸭子、鹅这些东西来呈现的,这让它显得更加诡异。
And this is just a reminder, but it's a reminder with bears and ducks and gooses and all that other stuff, and that just makes it even creepier.
3.25。
3.25.
好的。
K.
信不信由你,查德,虽然你对这部剧持反对意见,而我持支持意见,但我们还是会给出相同的评分。
Well, believe it or not, Chad, despite you being on one side of the fence in this show and me being on the other side of the fence, we're gonna give it both the same grades.
对我来说,这也是3.25分。
This is a 3.25 for me as well.
这并不是我今年读过的最好的书。
This isn't the best book I've read all year.
我认为它之所以获得艾斯纳奖,是因为其中蕴含的创意。
I think that it's Eisner award winning for the creativity involved here.
我特别喜欢艺术家们利用这种二元对立的手法:把安全的东西与极其危险的东西融合在一起。
And I am a sucker for any time again when artists pull on that dichotomy of taking something that's safe and then mixing it with something that's extremely dangerous.
我不只是喜欢这个系列,我还记得去年左右,我推荐过一部Image Comics出版的优秀系列《Survival Street》,它有点像是《芝麻街》的恶搞版,只不过里面的角色是暴力的猩猩。
I was a fan of not only like this series, but I remember last year or something like that, I recommended a great series that Image Comics put out called Survival Street, which was kinda like a parody of Sesame Street except they were like violent gorilla.
不是那种猴子般的猩猩,而是猩猩恐怖分子,对抗邪恶的 corporations。
Not not like monkey gorilla, but like gorilla terrorists, fighting against evil corporations.
我觉得这部作品做得非常好。
And, I thought that was really well done.
同样,这种反差在于,它把我在童年时期熟悉的东西,与明显属于成人世界的内容结合在了一起。
And again, it was the dichotomy between like something that I knew from my childhood and it mixed together with something that was definitely something that was more adult.
我觉得这和通常他们把《宇宙巨人希曼》、《变形金刚》、《雷霆猫》之类的东西成人化的方式不一样。
I think this is different than you know oftentimes when you know they'll take like Masters of the Universe or Transformers or Thundercats or something and they'll adult it up.
你知道,他们会加入大量血腥暴力和性内容之类的东西。
You know, they'll add a lot of graphic violence and sex and stuff like that.
有时候这样做并不奏效。
Sometimes that doesn't work.
但当你像理查德·斯卡瑞那样,用那些可爱的动物角色作为原创灵感,再把它们真实地表现为动物时,我觉得这就很成功。
But when you take an original idea like again, like the Richard Scarry nice, you know, animal characters and then you show them as being animals, that works for me.
所以我非常赞赏帕特里克,不仅因为《树下无人看见》中的视觉叙事,还因为其中一些机智的对话,以及六期故事整体节奏的把控。
And so I give a lot of kudos to Patrick for not only the the visual storytelling that occurred during Beneath the Trees with Nobody Sees, but I think some of the snappy dialogue and the way, again, the pacing was handled throughout all six issues.
大部分时间我都紧张得坐立不安。
I was on the edge of my seat for the most of it.
尽管我大概猜到了故事会如何发展,但我仍然非常期待看到它真正展开。
Even though I kinda sorta knew how this was all gonna play out, I I was very excited to see it actually play out.
所以给3.25分。
So 3.25.
这还不是我读过的最好的书。
It's still not the best book I've read.
但如果它赢得了艾斯纳奖,我会说:当然。
But, if it won an Eisner, I'd be like, yeah.
你们应该去看看。
You guys should check it out.
至少可以说很有趣。
It's interesting to say the least.
此外,我们希望你们也会对我们的推荐感兴趣。
And, other things that we hope that you find interesting are our recommendations.
没错。
That's right.
除了《树下无人看见》之外,你可以在当地的漫画店找到它。
In addition to Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees, which you can find at your local comic book shop.
不过,天哪,我现在看到第一期的评分版在保护套里已经卖到250到300美元了。
Although, gosh, I've now seen like graded copies of issue one in slabs going for like 250, $300 at this point.
现在最热门的书。
Hot book right now.
这些是我们希望你在当地漫画店觉得热门的其他书籍。
These are other books that we hope that you think are hot at your local comic book shop.
接下来,我们先从查德·史密斯开始。
And we're gonna go ahead and start off with Chad Smith.
那么,查德,这周你给我们推荐什么?
So, Chad, what do you got for us this week?
我推荐一部四期的迷你系列,到节目播出时应该已经出合订本了。
So I'm gonna go with, a four issue mini that, should be out in trade by the time this show airs.
《Zoro:亡者之男》,由肖恩·墨菲创作,由Massive Publishing出版。
Zoro, man of the dead by Sean Murphy, published through Massive Publishing.
肖恩·戈登·墨菲,你可能熟悉他之前的作品,比如,那个叫什么来着?
Sean Gordon Murphy, you're probably familiar with his work with, oh, what's what's this?
《蝙蝠侠:白骑士》?
Batman White Knight?
是的。
Yeah.
我们在上一期漫画中已经讲过了。
We covered that on the last comic
这里的商店。
shop here.
他有自己独特的卡通风格。
And so he has his style cartooning.
线条非常潦草,但同时又极具动感。
It's very sketchy, but also at the same time, very, very dynamic.
这是一个对佐罗神话的现代补充:佐罗血脉的继承人在拉维加镇被贩毒集团杀害,当时他的孩子们就在眼前。
And, anyway, so this is a modern addition to the Zoro mythos where the heirs of Zoro's lineage, the heir is cut down in front of his children by a drug cartel take that takes over the town of La Vega.
而镇上的人们对佐罗的信仰从未动摇。
And then, the town's faith in Zoro never wavers.
因此,二十年后,当太阳被召唤继承佐罗的衣钵时,他和他的妹妹必须联手——他的妹妹已经加入了这个贩毒集团,成为一名肌肉车司机。
And so twenty years later, when the sun is called to take over the mantle of Zoro, it's up to him and his sister who has since joined that cartel as a muscle car driver.
她伤害了他们的逃亡同伙。
She's hurt their getaway gal.
但最终还得靠他们来帮助城市重获自由。
But it's up to them to, to help bring back freedom to the city.
新的佐罗相信自己是19世纪佐罗的转世。
The new Zor believes he's the reincarnation of Zor from the eighteen hundreds.
正如我所说,他妹妹开着那辆埃尔卡米诺。
Like I said, his sister's got that El Camino.
你有穆菲的艺术风格。
You've got that Murphy art.
故事风格有趣、快速、奇幻,同时又粗粝暴力,充满了谋杀情节。
The storytelling is fun, frenetic, whimsical, and also gritty and violent, and there's a lot of murder.
但归根结底,这部作品与《树下无人看见》这样的书不同,它是一次鼓舞人心的冒险。
But at the end of the day, the thing that separates this from a book like Beneath the Trees where nobody sees is it was an uplifting romp.
这一切都关乎自由,以及佐罗身上那些让人想为英雄喝彩的特质。
It's all about freedom and those elements of Zoro that make you wanna root for the hero.
因此,这也让我想回去重新翻阅我收藏的所有漫画版佐罗作品。
And so it also made me wanna go back and revisit all the different versions of Zoro that I have in comic book form.
我有几套很棒的合集,比如Image出版社推出的亚历克斯·托斯早年创作的佐罗作品,还有Dynamite出版社的马特·瓦格纳系列。
I've got a a great couple of collections, an image put out of Alex Toth's Zoro work from back in the day, the Matt Wagner series from Dynamite Press.
那真是太棒了。
That was wonderful.
甚至还有安托万·班达拉斯的作品。
Even Antoine Bandaras.
好吧,你可以怎么说都行。
Like, say what you will.
但我真的很喜欢那些电影。
I love those movies.
但市面上还有很多优秀的佐罗作品,而这部作品无疑是其中的杰出补充。
But, there's lots of great Zoro out there, and this is a fine, fine addition to that.
这是《佐罗:亡者之主》。
It is Zoro Man of the Dead.
好吧。
Alright.
我得去看看。
I'll have to check that out.
我是Zoro的超级粉丝。
I'm a huge fan of the Zoro.
我喜欢九十年代那部关于Zoro的系列剧。
I love that series in the nineties with the Zoros.
我觉得我和JA以前常看这部剧。
I think j JA and I used to watch that series.
不管怎样,JA,你这周有什么推荐?
Any case, JA, what's, what's your recommendation this week?
我推荐乔治·奥威尔的《动物农场》漫画版,由Odyr(o d y r)改编和绘图。
I am recommending George Orwell's Animal Farm, the graphic novel, as adapted and illustrated by Odyr, o d y r.
所以我猜应该读作'odier',但如果我读错了,敬请原谅。
So I assume it's pronounced odier, but if I pronounce that wrong, I apologize.
这是霍顿·米夫林·哈考特出版社2019年出版的《动物农场》故事。
This is out of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Press 2019, and it is the story of animal farm.
一群拟人化的动物接管了农场,结果管理得和之前的人类一样糟糕——如果你还没在六年级或七年级读过《动物农场》的话。
Anthropomorphized animals that take over a farm and end up running it the exact same as bad as the human that was running it before if you haven't read animal farm in, I don't know, sixth grade, seventh grade.
你什么时候必须读《动物农场》?
When do you have to read animal farm?
八年级或九年级甚至更晚。
Eighth or ninth even.
双倍优秀。
Double plus good.
本质上,这是乔治·奥威尔用动物来重述俄国革命和斯大林时代的故事。
It's all about, essentially, you know, George Orwell retelling the Russian revolution and Stalinist era, but with animals.
就像在无人看见的树下,动物们颠覆了你对邪恶的认知。
So like beneath the trees where nobody sees, animals subverting your idea of what evil is.
因为别忘了,所有动物都是平等的,但有些动物比其他动物更平等。
Because remember, all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
这本书的艺术风格太美了。
The art is so beautiful in this.
我的意思是,
I mean,
它真的是
it's it's
真的令人惊叹。
really incredible.
就像水彩画一样。
It's like pastel painting.
就是
It's just
是的。
Yes.
当人们把这些文学经典改编成漫画时,总是很酷。
I I mean, it's always cool when when folks do those, comic book adaptations of these literary classics.
我记得我们以前在这档节目中讨论过《1984》,也是乔治·威尔·阿威尔的作品。
I I recall when we talked about, 1984 on this show, also by George Will Arwell.
但据我回忆,你们可能不太喜欢那部作品的艺术风格。
But, although I don't I don't think you guys like the art as much in that one, if I recall properly.
你们可能得回头去听一下那一集。
You might have to go back and listen to that episode.
但在那之前,我本周的推荐是关于流行文化中我最喜爱的拟人化动物之一——暗翼鸭。
But before you do that, my recommendation this week deals with one of my favorite anthropomorphic animals in pop culture, and that is dark winged duck.
没错。
That's right.
那个在黑夜中拍翅而来的恐怖存在,拥有一支堪称顶级的反派阵容,在我看来,甚至可以与蝙蝠侠和蜘蛛侠相媲美。
The terror that flaps in the night has a fantastic crew of Rogue's gallery members rivaling, in my mind, folks like Batman and Spider Man.
当你提到液态人、鸭仔杰克、超级闪电、布什鲁特、威利·普特、钢喙,还有暗翼鸭反派阵容中那么多其他角色时。
When you talk about the Liquidator and Quacker Jack and Mega Bolt and Bushroot, Willy Putt, Steelbeak, and so many more that are part of Darkwing Ducks rogues gallery.
但在这些反派中,没有谁比暗黑鸭的地位更高。
But no one stands higher, among those rogues than Nega Duck.
我现在谈的是由Dynamite公司目前正在推出的续集系列,名为《反派鸭》,由我最喜爱的漫画作家之一杰夫·帕克执笔。
And I'm talking about the, continuing series that's being put out by Dynamite right now called Nega Duck written by one of my favorite comic book authors, which is Jeff Parker.
我之前在今天的节目中提到过他的作品《神秘莫测的不可测者》,但他这次与艺术家西里尔·卡加扎隆合作。
Talked about his, Mysterious The Unfathomable earlier in today's show, but, he's teamed with artist Cyril Cagazalone.
我可能把这个名字念错了,但这个名字确实音节很多。
I might have just butchered that, but it's got a lot of syllables.
无论如何,这个故事讲述的是反派鸭重返圣鸭镇,他并不想再当一个纯粹的坏蛋,而是想成为一名寻宝者,用他那些阴险的手段来发财。
Any case, and it all it deals with, Nega Duck coming back to Saint Canard and wanting to kind of not be so much a bad guy but kind of like a treasure hunter in some ways, like use his nefarious ways just to get rich.
他决定首次尝试时,偷走坏蛋塔勒斯·布尔巴的飞艇,去寻找能将任何东西变成黄金的迈达斯之手。
He decides as his first attempt to do this he's going to steal bad guy Taurus Bulba's airship and go and find the Midas Gauntlet which will turn anything into gold.
既然能直接把飞盘或鸡变成黄金,为什么还要去偷黄金呢?
Why steal gold when you can just transform frisbees or chickens into gold?
无论如何,他最终与他从前在“恐怖五人组”中的队友们联手了。
Regardless, he ends up teaming up with his former, teammates in the fearsome five.
他们经历了许多精彩的陷阱和类似《夺宝奇兵》式的迷宫,最终找到了这只手套,而塔勒斯·布尔巴也追上了反派鸭,两人展开了一场对决。
They go through a lot of awesome, traps and, like, Indiana Jones esque, labyrinths to find this gauntlet and, eventually Taurus Bulba catches up with Nega Duck and, they have a showdown.
坏人对坏人。
Bad guy to bad guy.
这真的很棒,与《树下无人可见》不同,这是一个让你能为之加油的反派。
It's really great and unlike Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees, this is a bad guy that you can kind of root for.
即使在他那些狡猾的行为中,Nega Duck 依然很有魅力。
Nega Duck is charming even in his kind of devious ways.
所以,一定要去看看《Nega Duck》。
So yeah, definitely check out Nega Duck.
它充满了我多年来一直喜爱的杰夫·帕克式的幽默。
It's full of that Jeff Parker humor that I've loved over the years so much.
总之,我们每周在最后一期沙发环节中加入的幽默,都是我们希望你喜欢的。
So any case, some humor that we hope that you like is all the humor that we interject into the last couch up every single week.
我们努力让漫画变得有趣。
We try to make comic books fun.
没错。
That's right.
所以我们希望你们能评分、评论并订阅,以免错过今年夏天或今年余下时间的任何一期节目。
So we're hoping that you rate, review, and subscribe so you don't miss any episodes coming up over the rest of the summer or the rest of the year.
我们将在十月迎来第200期节目,这已经定下来了,朋友们。
We're coming up to our two hundredth episode here in October, and it's already on the books, folks.
我们将要讨论《守望者》。
We're gonna be covering Watchmen.
我知道现在大家都在热议这部新的动画版《守望者》剧集之类的东西。
I know that it's all buzz about this new animated Watchmen show and stuff like that.
所以我们将把《守望者》作为十月的第200期节目进行讨论。
So we'll be covering that as our two hundredth episode come October.
所以希望你们能评分、评论并订阅,别错过这一期。
So hopefully, you rate, review, and subscribe so you don't miss that.
就是这样。
There you go.
你还要关注我们的社交媒体账号以及各种社交平台,你的前男友、你的蓝天、你的随便什么。
You'll also wanna check out our social media accounts and all those various social places, your exes, your blue skies, your whatevers.
我认为就是这两个。
I think those are the two.
朋友。
Friends.
我们还在做这个。
We still do this.
朋友。
Friends.
嗯。
Yeah.
Threads。
Threads.
Threads。
Threads.
衣服、裤子和那些穿搭。
The shirts and the pants and the threadsness.
我不
I don't
我觉得人们不再把线程当回事了?
think people is threads a thing anymore?
我觉得它再也不是什么大事了。
I don't think it's a thing anymore.
我知道。
I know.
曾经是吗?不管怎样,在社交媒体和Atlas漫画店,你能找到我们。
Was it ever oh, anyway, social media, atlas comic shops, you can find us there.
你会找到黄金时代的封面,伴你入眠。
You'll find golden age covers to put you to bed at night.
你会看到投票。
You'll find polls.
你会看到我们只是出于乐趣而翻阅的漫画收藏。
You'll find collections of comics that we're flipping through just for funsies.
所有这些都等着你去发现。
All that more waits for you there.
你还可以找到我们商品店的链接。
You can also, find links to our merch store.
杰先生,这周我们主打什么?
Mister j a, what, what are we featuring this week?
嗯,和往常一样,在商品店里,你可以买到T恤、咖啡杯和手提袋。
Well, we've got, as always, at the merch store, you can get T shirts, coffee mugs, tote bags.
我们还有最后一期漫画店播客的夏季版T恤。
We've got the summer edition of the last comic shop podcast t shirt.
而且本周独家推出,非常漂亮的科顿泰尔格子衬衫,纽扣款式。
And this week only, very nice, suitable cottontail plaid shirts buttoned down.
非常适合你想要走进森林去干掉某人的时候。
Perfect for that time you wanna go out into the forest and kill somebody.
把他们剁碎,放进油漆桶里。
Chop them up and put them in the paint can.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。