本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯的播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
如果你此刻正迷茫于下一步该做什么,或是感到困顿,或许有点迷失方向,甚至觉得事情永远不会改变。
If right now you're unsure about what you should do next or you feel stuck or maybe you feel a little lost or you feel like things are never gonna change.
那么,我有个好消息要告诉你。
Well, I've got good news for you.
首先,这种想法本身就是错误的。
First of all, it's just not true.
事情是可以改变的。
Things can change.
更棒的是,现在就有三个问题需要你立即自问——和你的朋友梅尔·罗伯茨一起。
And even better, there are three questions that you need to ask yourself right now today with your friend Mal Roberts.
我最爱这三点的是,它们出自斯坦福大学两位传奇教授之手。
And what I love about these three questions is that they were created by two legendary professors at Stanford University.
你会喜欢这个的,因为当你问自己这三个问题时,它们会向你展示一些简单的东西。
You're gonna love this because when you ask yourself these three questions, the questions show you something simple.
它们会向你展示如何改变思维方式。
They show you how to change your mindset.
它们帮助你看到新的可能性。
They help you see new possibilities.
我对此非常兴奋,因为等到今天我们的谈话结束或你看完这个视频时,一个全新的未来将为你展开。
I'm so excited about this because by the time you and I are done talking today or you're done watching this, a whole new future is gonna appear for you.
你将会看到现在可能因感到困顿而看不到的选择。
You're gonna see options where right now you might not see any options because you feel so stuck.
你不需要只听我说,因为这些问题是经过长期研究得出的。
And you don't have to take my word for it because these questions have been developed over time.
它们是一本《纽约时报》畅销书中的内容。
They are part of a New York Times bestselling book.
它们是一个名为'奥德赛计划'流程的组成部分,而这正是我们今天要一起做的。
They are part of a process called the odyssey plan, and that's what you and I are gonna do today.
所以如果你想要更好的生活,想要获得更多希望、更多能量、更多激情、更多可能性,这正是你要采取的方式。
So if you want a better life, if you want to call in more hope, more energy, more passion, more possibility, this is exactly how you do it.
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
非常高兴你能来。
I am so excited you're here.
能与你共度这段时光总是让我倍感荣幸。
It's always such an honor to be together and to spend this time with you.
如果你是首次收听,或是经人推荐来到这里,我想花点时间亲自欢迎你加入梅尔·罗宾斯播客大家庭。
And if you're a new listener or you're here because someone shared this with you, I just wanna take a moment and personally welcome you to the Mel Robbins Podcast family.
天啊,你今天可真是选对了要收听或观看的节目,因为今天我们将深入探讨三个你需要自问的问题,然后见证生活的改变。
And boy, oh boy, have you picked a great episode to listen to or watch today because today, you and I are gonna dig into three questions that you need to ask yourself and then watch your life change.
我是认真的。
I'm serious.
我是认真的。
I'm serious.
这就是即将发生的事。
That's what's gonna happen.
我也会和你一起问自己这三个同样的问题。
And I'm gonna be asking myself these same three questions alongside with you.
你将借助思维的力量和科学方法,帮助自己开始前进。
You're gonna be leveraging the power of your mind and leveraging science to help you start moving forward.
我想简单说明一下为什么今天要和你探讨这个话题。
And I wanna give you a little background on why it is that I wanted to talk to you about this today.
你知道,我当时正和一些相识近三十年的老友相聚,我今年56岁。
You know, I was, hanging out with some friends of ours that we've known for almost thirty years, and I'm 56.
他们和我同龄。
They're the same age.
我朋友告诉我他一直在科技行业工作。
And my buddy was telling me he's worked in tech.
他在房地产领域取得了成功。
He's had a successful run-in real estate.
在取得所有这些成就后,他意识到一件重要的事。
And after all that he's accomplished, he's realized something enormous.
他对自己还有未完成的心愿。
He has unfinished business with himself.
再听一遍这句话。
Just hear that sentence again.
他说,梅尔,我只是觉得自己还有未完成的心愿。
He said, Mel, I just feel like I have unfinished business with myself.
你看,他热爱音乐。
See, he loves music.
他一直热爱音乐。
He's always loved music.
他一直在玩音乐。
He's always played music.
如今在56岁的年纪,他想把音乐作为生活的中心。
And now at the age of 56, he wants to make music the center of his life.
这个人跟我同龄。
Now this is somebody who's my age.
这难道不会让你好奇,人是怎么产生这种顿悟的?
And doesn't it make you wonder how do you have that kind of epiphany?
你知道,就像是某个周二或周四早晨醒来,突然意识到:
You know, is it like a Tuesday morning or a Thursday morning that you wake up, you're like, you know what?
我还有未完成的自我使命。
I've got unfinished business with myself.
我需要做出些改变。
I I need to make some changes.
人有可能主动为自己制造这样的突破吗?
Is it possible to manufacture a breakthrough like that for yourself?
我是说,如果他在五十多岁时突然想到:我还有未竟之事。
I mean, if he's all of a sudden thinking in his mid fifties, well, I got unfinished business.
我的人生还有一章需要去书写。
I've got a chapter of my life that I need to live.
想象一下。
Just imagine.
想象一下,如果今天你我都能有同样的顿悟。
Imagine if you and I could have that same epiphany today.
事实上,就考虑一下这个。
In fact, just consider that.
你现在的人生中还有什么未完成的事?
What unfinished business do you have in your life right now?
我不管你是年长还是年轻。
And I I don't care how old or young you are.
你可能才二十多岁,就会想:我还有些未完成的自我追求。
You might be in your twenties, and you're like, I got some unfinished business with myself.
这一生中有些事我想去做,我真的需要清醒过来,更认真地对待它们。
There are things I wanna do in this lifetime, and I really need to like wake up and get more serious about it.
或许你已三十而立或四十不惑,事业稳步发展或全心照料孩子,却突然停下来思考:等等,我似乎还有些未完成的自我课题。
Or maybe you're in your thirties or forties and you've been cruising in your career or taking care of your kids, and now all of a sudden you're stopping to think, wait a minute, I think I have some unfinished business with myself.
有些事我想去做。
There are things I wanna do.
停下来思考这些挺酷的,不是吗?
It's kinda cool to stop and think about, isn't it?
当然酷了。
Of course it is.
就像我和我朋友一样,你大概能找出一百万个借口来解释为何还没转向,为何还没追逐这件事。
And like me and my friend, you probably have a million excuses for why you haven't made the pivot, why you haven't gone after this thing.
我是说,你完全有能力做到。
I mean, you're capable of doing it.
对吧?
Right?
阻碍你的只是你的思维模式。
It's just your mindset that's holding you back.
这就是我今天要向大家展示的内容。
That's what I'm gonna show you today.
正是你的思维模式阻碍了你获得这种改变人生的顿悟。
It's your mindset that's holding you back from having this life changing epiphany.
所以今天我们要做的就是一起深入研究斯坦福大学的这项研究。
And so what we're gonna do today is you and I are gonna dig into this research at Stanford University.
它被称为'奥德赛计划'。
It's called the Odyssey Plan.
这是一个经过验证的方法,它能颠覆你的思维,拓展你的心智模式,消除障碍,向你证明你远比想象中更有能力。
This is a proven method that shakes up your thinking, that expands your mindset, that removes obstacles, that proves to you that you are so much more capable than you think.
我之所以能如此自信地说出这番话,是因为斯坦福大学的比尔·伯内特和戴夫·埃文斯教授已经在斯坦福教授这门极受欢迎的设计人生课程长达十五年。
And I can say that with the level of confidence that I have because Stanford University professors, Bill Burnett and Dave Evans, they have taught the mega popular Designing Your Life course at Stanford University for fifteen years.
说实话,就算我们真在斯坦福,可能也选不上这门课。
I mean, even if you and I were at Stanford, we probably wouldn't be able to get into the course.
它就是这么火爆。
That's how popular it is.
当你听完这期节目,我们剖析斯坦福大学《设计你的人生》课程中的一些关键发现后,你就会明白为什么这门课程以及这个被称为'奥德赛计划'的过程如此受欢迎。
And when you're done listening to this episode, as we unpack some of the key findings from the Designing Your Life course at Stanford, you're gonna understand why this course and this process called the odyssey plan is so popular.
顺便说一下,教授们还写了一本名为《设计你的人生》的书。
And by the way, the professors have also written a book called Designing Your Life.
但我们将要探讨的这三个问题和这个奥德赛计划,会向你展示生活中真正可能实现的事情。
But these three questions and this odyssey plan that we're gonna go through, it's gonna show you what's really possible in your life.
我认为我们现在都需要这样的提醒,所以让我们开始吧。
And I think we all need that reminder right now, so let's get into it.
来自斯坦福大学奥德赛计划的第一个问题。
Question number one from the odyssey plan at Stanford University.
这个问题将让你一窥自己的未来。
This question is going to give you a glimpse into your future.
如果你继续沿着当前的道路前进,你的生活会是什么样子?
How will your life look if you stay on your current path?
我要再说一遍。
I'm gonna say it again.
如果继续沿着当前的道路走下去,你的生活会是什么样子?
How will your life look if you stay on your current path?
换句话说,如果你的生活完全没有任何改变,继续现在的工作、住在现在的房子或公寓、保持现在的专业、现在的朋友圈、现在的日常作息、维持现有的感情关系——如果一切不变,五年后你会是什么样子?
In other words, if absolutely nothing changes about your life, if you stay in your current job, you stay in your current house or apartment, you stay in your current major, your current friend group, your current routine through the day, if you stay in your current relationship as it is, if nothing changes, where does this lead you in five years?
请真正停下来思考一下。
And really stop and consider something.
你喜欢这样的未来吗?
Do you like where this is leading you?
要知道,斯坦福的这些教授们,他们确实有两把刷子。
You know, these professors at Stanford, they kinda know what they're doing.
因为如果你认真思考这个问题:如果维持现状,你的生活会是什么样子?
Because if you really consider that question, how will life look if you stay on the current path?
他们并不是让你去幻想十年后的理想生活。
They're not inviting you to visualize your dream life in ten years.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
这就是梅尔·罗宾斯所做的事。
That's what Mel Robbins does.
对吧?
Right?
我一直在鼓励大家关注积极面并进行想象,因为想象是一种强大的力量,想象更美好的未来既有趣又能赋予人力量。
I'm constantly asking us to, like, look at the positive and visualize because visualization is a powerful thing, and it's really fun and empowering to visualize a better future.
但这个问题并非要求你这么做。
But that's not what this question's asking you to do.
这个问题是让你不要幻想自己梦想中的未来。
This question is asking you not to visualize the future that you dream of.
这个问题是要求你对自己极度诚实,想象如果什么都不改变会发生什么。
The question is asking you to be brutally honest with yourself and visualize what happens if you don't change anything.
如果一切保持不变,你继续沿着当前的道路走下去,看看结果。
If everything stays the same, you stay on the current path you're on and look.
你现在的生活中可能有些方面确实很棒。
There are things about your life right now that probably are great.
对吧?
Right?
但你的生活中还有些未完成的事情。
But there are things about your life that you got unfinished business.
你有些事一直搁置着,只是等待它们发生,却依然日复一日地重复,期待会有不同的结果。
You got things that you're sitting around just waiting to have happen, but you're on the same old, same old, expecting something different to come along.
所以这个问题有点狡猾。
So there's something sneaky about this question.
它其实是在问你:你是否愿意在情况好转前先经历恶化?
It's kind of asking you, do you want things to get worse before they get better?
如果你继续走现在的路,能维持现状都算幸运。
If you stay on the current path that you're on, you're lucky if it just stays the same.
因为如果这条路不充实、感觉不对,很可能会变得更糟——你会不断被那种未完成感折磨,觉得自己有想感受、想做、想成为或想专注的事,却始终没去做。
Because if the path isn't fulfilling, if the path feels off, the likelihood is it's actually gonna get worse because you're gonna feel that grinding sense that there's unfinished business, that there's something that you wanna feel or do or become or focus on, and you're not doing it.
明白吗?
K?
假设你身上多背负着40磅的体重。
Let's say you're carrying around an extra 40 pounds.
这可不轻松。
That's not fun.
这可不轻松。
That's not fun.
这非常难熬。
That's very hard to do.
假设你继续维持现状,始终抽不出时间去散步,或者一直没空把地下室的哑铃擦擦灰跟着线上课程锻炼。
So let's say you just stay on the current path and you never carve out the time to start going for a walk, or you never carve out the time to dust off the dumbbells in your basement and stream a class.
如果你永不改变,生活会变成什么样子?
What does your life look like if you never change?
再比如你继续做着那份工作,整天提心吊胆地防备着AI的冲击,担心懂AI的人会取代你,你感到痛苦又疲惫,却始终没有行动去寻找新工作。
Or let's just say you keep working at that job and you're scared, you're bracing for the fact that AI is coming or that somebody that knows AI is gonna replace you, and and and you just feel miserable and exhausted, but you're not doing anything to look for a new job.
如果继续从事这份消耗生命力、又得不到善待的工作,两三年后的生活轨迹会是什么光景?
If you stay in a job that is draining your life force where you're not being treated well, What does this current path look like two to three years from now?
或许你现在压力大到无法入睡,牙齿磨得只剩残根,醒来时肩膀疼痛,早上要靠各种药物提神,喝15杯咖啡,陷入这种恶性循环,而你并非一直如此。
Or maybe you're so stressed out right now that you never get sleep, and you're grinding your teeth down to nubs, and you're waking up with your shoulder hurting, and then, you know, you're taking all kinds of things in the morning to try to pop yourself up and 15 cups of coffee, and it's just this endless loop, and you didn't always feel this way.
让我再问一遍这个问题。
Let me ask the question again.
如果你继续走现在的路,一年、两年或三年后你的生活会是什么样子?
How will your life look in a year or two years or three years if you stay on the path that you're on?
这在人际关系中尤为尖锐,因为如果你处在一段不再满足的关系中,却又不愿伤害任何人。
And this is very confronting in relationships because if you're in a relationship that isn't fulfilling anymore, but you don't wanna upset anybody.
我曾和一位正在约会的朋友聊天,他坦言:'我知道火花已经不在了'。
I I was talking to a friend of mine who was dating somebody, and they just kinda said, you know, I just know the spark's not there.
我并非追求一见钟情,但他确实是个很好的人。
And I'm not looking for love at first sight, but he was a really good person.
我们已经约会了几十次,我多希望这段关系能成,但我知道这并不适合我。
And we've gone on dozens of dates, and I just wish it were working, but I just know it's not the right relationship for me.
当对方是个好人时确实很难抉择,但让我们推演下去——很多人都会不知不觉陷入本不想陷入的境地。
It's so hard when the person's a good person, but let's let's just play this out because a lot of us slide into things that we don't mean to slide into.
不知不觉间,一年过去你们已经同居了,再过两年你觉得自己该订婚了,尽管这段关系并不完全合适,但现状就是如此。
And next thing you know, you look up and it's a year later and you're living together, and then it's two years later and now you feel like you gotta get engaged because even though it's not quite right, here we are.
你某种程度上是随波逐流地陷入了这种状态,因为这是你当前的生活轨迹。
You kinda slid into this because it was the current path that you were on.
我告诉你,世界上最难的事情之一就是与一个真正善良的人结束关系。
And I'll tell you, one of the hardest things in the world is ending a relationship with somebody who's a really good person.
他们只是不适合你。
They're just not your person.
这需要很大勇气去面对你会让人失望的事实,但更不该做的是继续走在一条让你自己逐渐失望的路上。
That takes a lot of courage to know that you're disappointing somebody, but what you don't wanna do is you don't wanna stay on a path that's slowly disappointing you.
在你生活的某个领域,或许你一直埋头苦干,强撑前行,假装一切安好。
There's an area of your life where maybe you've just put your head down and you're soldiering on and you're pretending everything's fine.
也许你正在读护理学院却无比厌恶,天啊,你为这个目标努力多年终于入学,还支付了第一学期学费,现在却不想告诉所有人你其实根本不想继续——请认真思考这个问题。
Maybe you're in nursing school and you hate it and you hate it, but, oh my gosh, you talked about this for years and now you're in it and and you've paid some money for the first semester and you don't wanna tell everybody that you went and now you don't wanna do it, really think about it.
这个过程可能会有些痛苦。
And it might feel a little painful.
这算是个相当沉重的开场话题。
And this is kind of an intense place to start.
非常感谢斯坦福的教授们。
Thank you very much, professors at Stanford.
天哪,他们直接把我们不愿面对的镜子摆在了面前。
Boy, they're just going right for the mirror in front of us that we don't wanna look into.
但把这个问题放在首位是有充分理由的。
But there's a great reason for why this is the first question.
我希望你们关注的是这一点。
And here's what I want you to look at.
请把这个视为中性问题,而非消极质问。
I want you to look at this as a neutral question, not a negative one.
对吧?
Right?
如果你停下来想一想,就会发现这就像公路旅行——我的行动、工作、人际关系,如果继续沿着这条路走下去,都将通往某个特定目的地。
And if you stop for just a second and say, wait a minute, it's sort of like I'm on a road trip, actions and the job that I have and the relationships that I'm in, it's all leading to a particular destination if I keep going down this road.
问问自己,我还想继续朝那个方向前进吗?
Ask myself, do I still wanna go in that direction?
我当前的生活正将我引向何方?
Where is my current life leading me?
我是否正与想交往的朋友们相处?
Am I hanging out with the friends I wanna hang out with?
这真的是我想要的职业吗?
Is this the career that I really want?
这就是我想要的感觉吗?
Is this how I want it to feel?
即便不是这样,看看。
And even if it doesn't and look.
也许你会回答是的。
Maybe you're saying yes.
也许你会说,实际上,我现在正处于我想在的地方。
Maybe you're saying, actually, I'm exactly where I wanna be right now.
我在那家银行工作,未来两年会很艰难,但我能看到方向。
I'm working at that I bank, and these next two years are gonna blow, but I see where it's going.
或者我正在读医学院,虽然讨厌医学院,但我迫不及待想成为医生。
Or I'm in medical school, and I hate medical school, but I can't wait to be a doc.
所以我明白这条路通向何方。
And so I see where this is going.
我就在正确的位置上。
I'm in the right place.
或许我只需要更好地照顾自己。
And so maybe I just need to take better care of myself.
也许我需要改变心态停止自我打击,因为我知道这只是人生道路上的坎坷。
Maybe I gotta change my mindset and stop the beatdown because I know that this is a bumpy section of the path, but where it leads is somewhere great.
这不过是路上的一个小颠簸。
And this is just a bump in the road.
继续努力是值得的。
It's worth it to keep working on it.
所以我会继续沿着当前的道路前行,因为我清楚它的终点在哪里。
So I'm gonna continue down the current path because I see where this leads.
因此,请诚实地面对自己,因为大多数人并不会每天醒来都为现状欢呼雀跃。
And so really be honest with yourself because most people aren't waking up every day, woo hoo, jumping for joy about where they are.
你知道更可能的真相是什么吗?
You know what's more likely the truth?
我们大多数人每天醒来都希望能改变某些事,或者希望能改变一大堆事情。
Most of us wake up every day and wish we could change something, or we wish we could change a bunch of things.
但念头一闪而过,我们却没有任何行动。
But the thought comes in and then we don't do anything.
为什么?
Why?
因为我们被困在日常琐碎中。
Because we are stuck in the day to day.
你困在今天,却忘了这一天正引领你走向某个地方,你正走在一条通往特定方向的路上。
You are in this day, and you forget that this day is leading you somewhere, that you're on this path that is headed in a particular direction.
我知道自己也曾犯过这种错。
And I know that I've been guilty.
也许你也犯过同样的错,只是活在希望事情会偶然发生的幻想中。
Maybe you've been guilty of this too, of living your life just hoping things are gonna happen by accident.
你知道,等着有人来敲门说'恭喜,你被录用了'。
You know, waiting for someone to knock on the door and say, congratulations, you're hired.
你就是我一直在找的人。
You're just the person I've been looking for.
而你甚至都没申请过这份工作?
When you haven't even applied for the job?
这就是这个问题的意义所在。
That's what this question is about.
它是在说你必须做出决定。
It's saying you have to decide.
你必须成为那个醒来后说'好吧,等等'的人。
You have to be the one that wakes up and says, okay, hold on.
我目前所做的一切都在引领我走向某个方向。
Everything that I'm currently doing is leading somewhere.
如果我继续做我正在做的事,让日常的压力、新闻头条和一切继续冲刷着我,那些未完成的事将永远无法完成。
And if I keep just doing what I'm doing and I let the stress of the day and the headlines and everything continue to just wash over me, that unfinished business will always be unfinished.
我想要做出的改变永远不会发生,因为改变始于意识到你目前的生活方式不再适合你。
That change that I wanna make, it's never gonna happen because change happens with the realization that how you're living right now no longer works for you.
它不再引领你走向你真正感到召唤的方向。
It's no longer leading you in a direction that you really feel called to go.
我要告诉你,你是对的。
And I'm here to tell you, you're right.
你完全正确。
You're absolutely right.
恭喜你。
Congratulations.
因为这是做出积极改变的第一步,就是对自己诚实,承认问题不在于我被困在原地。
Because that's the first step to making a positive change is just being honest with yourself and saying, it's not that I'm stuck where I'm still.
我清楚地知道,我现在的生活方式并不能引领我走向想去的地方。
I just know that how I'm doing life right now isn't leading where I want it to go.
这是第一步。
That's step one.
这就是这个问题揭示的真相。
That's what this question reveals.
如果我继续走现在的路,生活会变成什么样子?
How will life look if I stay on the current path?
如果你不喜欢这个方向,哇,你最好赶紧调转车头。
And if you don't like where this is headed, whoo, you better turn that car around.
你最好换个方向前进。
You better go in a different direction.
这就是这个问题的核心意义。
This is what this question is all about.
如果你在听的时候心想:梅尔,我不确定其他方面,但我确实很喜欢现在的生活。
And if you're listening, you're thinking, well, Mel, I don't know about every other I really like my life.
那太好了。
That's great.
太棒了。
That's fantastic.
但问题是。
But here's the thing.
自动驾驶模式对你也不适用,因为要保持正确方向前进,有趣的是,这需要持续维护。
Autopilot's not gonna work for you either because in order to keep going in the right direction, funny thing, it takes maintenance.
我来举个例子。
I'm gonna give you an example.
我一直在听梅尔·罗宾斯播客上所有专家的分享,当听到医学专家以及关于长寿和心理健康的专家时,有一点变得非常清晰——天啊,蛋白质太重要了。
So I've been listening to all the experts here on the Mel Robbins podcast, and one thing that has really become very clear when you listen to the medical experts and the experts about longevity and mental health, holy cow, protein is so important.
专家们反复强调的另一件事是抗阻训练。
The other thing all the experts have been saying, resistance training.
抗阻训练。
Resistance training.
抗阻训练。
Resistance training.
抗阻训练。
Resistance training.
西班牙所有专家都强调的另一件事是:人际关系、人际关系、人际关系。
The other thing that all the experts in Spain, relationships, relationships, relationships.
这三件事至关重要。
These are the three things.
这是三大核心支柱。
These are three core pillars.
因此今年我做出了重大改变。
And so I've made major changes this year.
但有趣的是。
But here's the interesting thing.
如果我保持现状,我的生活会变成什么样?
How will my life look if I stay on the current path?
我每天摄入100克完整蛋白质。
I'm getting a 100 grams of complete protein.
我坚持做抗阻训练,并且每天都会联系一位朋友保持联络。
I'm doing my resistance training, and every day I reach out to a friend just to check-in.
我的生活会是什么样子?
How will my life look?
会非常棒,因为我将充满活力。
It's gonna look great because I'm gonna be energized.
我将拥有健康老去的精力,真正享受生活——90岁时还能提起行李箱举过头顶,在子女和孙辈的婚礼上跳舞。
I'm gonna have the energy to age well and to really be able to enjoy my life, to lift up a suitcase and put it over the overhead, hopefully, I'm 90 to dance at my kids' and grandkids' wedding.
我将与朋友们保持紧密联系。
I'm gonna be connected to my friends.
我会感觉更好。
I'm gonna, feel better.
我将能够抵御疾病。
I'm gonna be able to fight off disease.
我正在运用科学的力量。
I'm leveraging science.
这多酷啊。
How cool this is.
好的。
Okay.
但问题是。
But here's the thing.
你选择的道路,不是一劳永逸的。
The path you're on, it's not a one and done.
你选择的道路,如果你热爱生活,就需要你持续付出努力。
The path you're on, if you love your life, it requires you to keep doing what you're doing.
让时间快进。
Roll the clock forward.
快进一年看看。
Roll it forward a year.
你的体重会是多少?
How much are you gonna weigh?
你的压力水平看起来如何?
What's your stress levels look like?
你的人际关系怎样?
What is your relationship?
这段关系给你的感觉如何?
How does the relationship feel?
你的朋友圈是怎样的?
What's your friend group like?
如果你日复一日重复同样的生活,每天醒来后都在做什么?●●●
What is it that you wake up and do every day if you just keep doing the same old, same old?
夜晚的生活是什么样子?
What does it look like at nights?
有什么改变吗?
Has anything changed?
你心里是否清楚有些未完成的事,哇,如果不重新规划,我就无法达成那些目标。
Is there unfinished business that you know in your heart that, wow, I'm not gonna get to that if I don't reorganize things here.
我无法达成那个目标。
I'm not gonna get to that.
情况在好转前会变得更糟,但多亏这个问题,我现在有机会让它变得更好。
Things are gonna get worse before they get better, and I got a shot, thanks to this question, to make it better now.
我希望你从中领悟到的是这一点。
And here's what I want you to take away from this.
只需思考你当前的道路、现在的生活感受和生活方式,然后向前推演并想象未来的自己,你就会被迫意识到事情不必维持现状。
By just thinking about the path that you're on and how your life feels right now and the way that you're living your life, and then rolling that forward and visualizing the future version of you, you're forcing yourself to realize that things don't have to be the way that they are.
仅仅因为一直如此,并不意味着不能改变。
Just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it can't be different.
是的,你有这个能力。
That, yes, you have the ability.
你有能力做出不同的选择。
You have the ability to make some different choices.
你有能力以不同的方式开始你的早晨。
You have the ability to start your morning differently.
你有能力夺回一些属于你的时间。
You have the ability to claw back some of your time.
‘随他们去’理论会帮助你做到这一点。
The let them theory is gonna help you with that.
让所有人都误解你在做什么。
Let everybody misunderstand what you're doing.
让别人失望去吧。
Let people be disappointed.
让人们为自己负责,让我真正想清楚下一步该走向何方。
Let people be responsible for themselves, and let me really figure out where do I want my path to lead next.
让我专注于一些未完成的事情。
Let me focus on some of the unfinished business.
让我提醒自己,我值得拥有美好的感受。
Let me remind myself that I deserve to feel good.
我值得从事有意义的工作。
I deserve to do work that's meaningful.
我值得在生活中发现微小而美好的时刻,即使世界似乎正偏离轨道。
I deserve to find small moments of joy in my life even if the world seems like it's spinning off its axis.
我想与你们分享一项研究,它真实展现了当你允许自己拓宽视野展望未来时会发生什么。
And I wanna share some research with you that really shows what's happening when you allow yourself to widen up your gaze to the future.
这正是第一个问题迫使你去做的事——不仅要可视化它,还要留出空间并想象其他可能性是存在的。
And that's what this first question is forcing you to do, not only visualizing it, but also holding space and imagining that something else is possible.
这项研究由慕尼黑大学的朱利安·沃格特主导,发表在《当代心理学》期刊上。
Now this is a study that was led by Julian Voigt at the University of Munich and published in Current Psychology.
他们发现,当人们对未来形成生动愿景时,这些心理图景能增强积极情绪,从而帮助你设定有价值的目标并提升承诺度,最终带来更多进展。
And they found that when people formed vivid visions of their future, those mental pictures boosted positive emotion, which helps you set worthwhile goals and increases your commitment, and that leads to more progress.
我想强调这为何重要——因为即使对未来的想象是消极的,这些心理图景也能通过激励你改变来增强积极情绪。
And I wanna say why this is important because even if the visualizations of the future are negative, those mental pictures can boost the positive emotion of motivating you to change.
以下是我想让你们记住的要点。
And here's what I want you to remember.
你的生活不会偶然改变。
Your life doesn't change by accident.
你的生活是有意改变的。
Your life changes on purpose.
我觉得有时候我们都在坐等坏事发生。
And I think sometimes we're all sitting around waiting for something terrible to happen.
我们并非在等待坏事发生,但当坏事发生时,你被迫改变。
We're not waiting for something terrible to happen, but something terrible happens and then you're forced to change.
或者情况变得非常糟糕,你被迫改变。
Or things get really bad, and you're forced to change.
关于这方面有大量研究。
And there's a lot of research around this.
我在《让他们理论》中详细写过,我们甚至不了解自己的大脑,因为大脑天生倾向于选择当下感觉轻松的事。
I mean, I wrote about this extensively in the Let Them Theory that we don't even understand our brains because our brains are wired to move toward what feels easy right now.
所以我喜欢这种视觉化方法——如果是消极画面,你的大脑现在就在经历痛苦,而对这个趋势的想象能让你现在警醒,意识到:改变虽不易,但总比经历那个结果要好得多。
And so I love this visualization because if it's negative, your brain is experiencing the pain now, and hopefully the visualization of where this is all leading wakes you up now and makes you go, okay, the change isn't gonna be easy, but it's way better than experiencing that.
我宁愿现在迎难而上,让未来的生活更轻松,而不是安于现状、日复一日地重复,最终把自己逼入困境。
I'd rather move toward what's hard now and make my life easy later rather than keeping it easy, same old, same old, and, boy, does it lead somewhere hard.
你知道,我的好朋友詹姆斯·克利尔——他写了那本开创性的《原子习惯》。
And, you know, my good friend James Clear, he's the author of the seminal Atomic Habits.
他说得精辟极了。
He puts it perfectly.
你的每个行为都是在为你想成为的那种人投下一票。
Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become.
那么,你对正在成为的自己满意吗?
So are you happy with who you are becoming?
因为你当前走的这条路,正引领你成为未来的那个自己。
Because the current path that you're on is leading you to the type of person you are gonna become.
现在的你,已经预示了未来的模样。
Who you are right now gives you a glimpse into who you will be in the future.
如果你不喜欢这条路通往的方向——恭喜你。
And if you don't like where this path is leading, congratulations.
你刚刚得到了需要的警醒,现在就要开始做出改变。
You just got the wake up call that you needed to start making changes now.
所以这是第一个问题。
So that's the first question.
这是一个需要诚实的时刻,但我们还有两个问题要回答。
It's a moment of honesty, but we got two more questions to go.
我们先稍作休息,听听我们杰出赞助商的广告。
So we're gonna take a quick break so you can hear a word from our extraordinary sponsors.
我也希望你能与生活中的人分享这些。
I also want you to share this with people in your life.
想想看,如果我们都做奥德赛计划会有多棒?
I mean, how cool if we all do the odyssey plan?
和你的家人一起做这件事该有多酷?
How cool that you do this with your family?
本周末和家人一起回答这些问题会是件很棒的事。
This is a great thing to do with your family this weekend to answer these questions together.
别走开,因为我们回来后,将带来斯坦福大学奥德赛计划中的第二个问题。
And don't go anywhere because when we return, we got question number two in the Odyssey Plan from Stanford.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你们的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your buddy Mel Robbins.
今天,你我要共同思考由斯坦福大学两位教授设计的三个问题。
And today, you and I are asking ourselves three questions that were developed by two professors at Stanford University.
这是名为奥德赛计划的流程的一部分。
It's part of a process called the odyssey plan.
它能颠覆你的思维模式,帮助你发现生活中全新的可能性,并激励你立即开始改变。
Shakes up your mindset, helps you see brand new possibilities for your life, and it motivates you to start changing now.
我对此简直爱不释手。
I just absolutely love this.
所以感谢你们今天的参与。
So thank you for being here today.
我们已经讨论过第一个问题了。
We've already covered question number one.
如果你继续走现在的道路,你的生活会是什么样子?
How will your life look if you stay on the current path?
现在来到第二个问题,这可是个难题。
Now here comes question two, and it's a doozy.
如果你当前的道路明天突然消失,你会做什么?
If the path you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
这就是我所说的'抽地毯'问题。
And this is what I call the rug pull question.
这个问题就像突然把你脚下的地毯抽走一样。
This question just pulls the rug right out from underneath you.
对吧?
Right?
这听起来确实很吓人。
And it does sound scary.
我不愿想象当孩子们突然搬出去,我成了空巢老人时的情景。
I don't wanna visualize what happens when all of a sudden my kids move out and I'm an empty nester.
我不愿想象当AI抢走我的工作,或者懂AI的人取代我导致失业时的局面。
I don't wanna visualize what happens when AI takes my job or somebody who knows AI takes my job and I'm unemployed.
我不愿想象如果这份工作消失,或者这个给我生活带来活力的志愿活动结束,又或者读书会解散会发生什么。
I don't want to visualize what happens if this job disappears or this volunteer thing that I'm doing that that just breathes life into me ends or this book club ends.
我不愿去想象。
I don't wanna visualize.
如果这段关系结束了,我该怎么办?
If this relationship is over, what would I do?
我...我不明白你为什么要问我这些?
I I don't why are you asking me this?
我现在不想感到害怕。
I don't wanna be scared right now.
好吧。
Okay.
这就是为什么你我需要坚持思考这个问题。
So here's why you and I need to stick with this question.
因为尽管这个问题直面现实——如果你当前的道路明天突然消失,你会怎么做?
Because despite the fact that it's confronting, if the path that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
这个问题不是为了让你停滞不前或陷入恐慌。
The question isn't meant to keep you stuck or to make you freeze.
它实际上是为了解放你。
It's actually meant to free you.
明白吗?
Okay?
它现在促使你思考的是:备选方案是什么?
What it's getting you to think about now is what's the plan b here?
看,备选方案是大多数人在遭遇可怕变故时才会考虑的事。
See, plan b is what most people think about when something terrifying happens.
备选方案是人们在失业后、变故发生后、悲剧降临后、关系结束后才会考虑的事。
Plan b is what most people think about after they lose the job, after the thing happens, after the tragedy strikes, after the relationship's over.
工作没了,关系破裂了,计划泡汤了,现在怎么办?
The job's gone, the relationship dissolves, the plan blows up, now what?
当这一切实时发生时,我告诉你接下来会发生什么——你会进入创伤反应状态,先是僵住,然后陷入悲痛,接着坠入自我怀疑的漩涡,继而感到恐惧,开始觉得自己是个失败者,认为生活永远不会改变,最终彻底扼杀对可能性的所有想象。
Well, when it happens in real time, I'll tell you what, now what, you go into a trauma response and you freeze, and then you're in grief, and then you're in a spiral of self doubt, and then you are in fear, and then you start to feel like a loser, and then you feel like your life is never gonna change, and then you start to shut down the thought of what might be possible altogether.
而这个问题的绝妙之处在于:如果你当前的道路明天突然消失,你会怎么做?
And what this question does so brilliantly, if the path that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
你会怎么做?
What would you do?
知道这个问题的作用吗?
You know what this question does?
它把你推出舒适区,让你超越那个瞬间。
It pushes you out of your comfort zone, and it pushes you past that moment.
因为如果你能在仍处于A计划时就考虑B计划是什么,你就能调动大脑的全部力量来解决问题,并以截然不同的方式思考。
Because if you can consider what would plan b be when I'm actually still in plan a, you can leverage the full power of your brain to start problem solving and to think about things in a very different way.
万一这并非你世界的终结呢?
What if it's not the end of your world?
如果这不过是...好吧,接下来会发生什么?
What if it's just, okay, what would happen next?
你会采取的第一步行动是什么?
What's the very first step that you'd take?
你知道,我认识一个最近丢了企业营销工作的人。
You know, I know someone who lost her corporate marketing job recently.
那算是人工智能导致的裁员吧。
It was, you know, kind of an AI downsizing.
这种事正发生在很多人身上。
It's happening to tons of people.
可能现在就发生在你所在的行业。
It may be happening in your industry right now.
完全猝不及防。
Totally blindsided.
完全猝不及防。
Totally blindsided.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
你知道她后来做了什么吗?
You know what she did?
她开始兼职做自由职业,帮助小企业,就是那些夫妻店、本地商家管理社交媒体。
Well, she just started freelancing part time, helping small businesses, you know, mom and pop shops, local businesses with her social media.
现在她已经经营起了自己的咨询公司。
And now she's running her own consulting business.
我团队里有人认识一位遭遇职业生涯终结性损伤的舞者。
Someone on my team knows a dancer who had a career ending injury.
这打击绝对是毁灭性的。
Absolutely devastating.
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine?
你找到了人生真正的意义。
You found your actual life's purpose.
你是一名舞者。
You are a dancer.
你是公司的一员。
You're part of a company.
这是你的梦想。
This is your dream.
运动员也会遇到这种情况。
This happens to athletes too.
天啊。
Oh my god.
你入选了队伍。
You made the team.
哇塞。
Holy cow.
然后突然间,你遭遇了终结职业生涯的伤病。
And then all of a sudden, you have a career ending injury.
太令人崩溃了。
Devastating.
但她后来做了什么?
But what did she do?
她转型去社区中心教孩子们舞蹈课了。
Well, she pivoted into teaching dance classes for kids at community centers.
她依然保持着对舞蹈的热爱,只是换了一种方式。
She's still connected to her passion just in a new way.
这告诉我们,备选方案其实一直都在,但我们总是等到首选方案彻底失败后才考虑它。
And it goes to show you that plan b is already there, but we're waiting for plan a to blow up before you even entertain it.
还有一点我也非常欣赏这个例子。
And here's the other thing that I also love about this.
我欣赏的是,我们常常会固守现状,以至于对眼前的其他选择视而不见。
What I love about this is we can get so stuck where we are that we are blind to all the other options that are right there in front of you.
但这并不意味着你必须辞职。
Now it doesn't mean you have to quit your job.
我不希望你们把这件事理解成非此即彼的选择。
I don't want you to listen to this as an either or.
我希望你们能从中拓展思维,创造更多可能性。
I want you to listen to this as a way to expand your thinking and create ands.
那么我会怎么做呢?
So what would I do?
你们知道我会怎么做吗?
You know what I would do?
首先,如果我要支付账单,我可以教别人如何创办播客。
Well, first of all, if I had to pay my bills, I could teach other people how to start podcasts.
这确实是我在急需支付账单时能做的事。
That's one thing that I could do if I really had to pay my bills.
另一个选择是为其他播客主持人工作。
Another thing that I could do is I could go work for somebody else that is hosting a podcast.
还有件事我一直想做,就是经营一个花卉农场。
Another thing that I could do is, you know, I've always wanted to have a flower farm.
这是真的。
It's true.
我可以...在我住的地方附近有个人经营着一个花卉农场,他们正真的在想办法扩大规模。
I could I could there's a person near where I live that that has a flower farm that's that's really trying to figure out how to expand.
我可以考虑成为那个项目的合伙人。
I could look into being a partner in that.
但另一件我认为如果这个项目解散后我会做的事——这可能会成为那些未完成的心愿之一。
But another thing that I think that I would do if this dissolved, this is gonna be one of those, unfinished business things.
我就是有种想写一部奇幻三部曲的冲动。
I just have this desire to write a fantasy trilogy.
你有没有注意到,我说这些时有点不好意思地笑着?
Now do do you see how, like, I'm kinda smiling, like, it's kind of cringey to even tell you that?
但我一直...我是那种特别喜欢《荆棘与玫瑰的法庭》戏剧性有声书的人。
But I've always like, I'm one of these people that I love a Court of Thorn and Roses dramatic audio.
我超爱《第四翼》系列。
I loved the Fourth Wing series.
我也爱《哈利波特》。
I loved Harry Potter.
我热爱《权力的游戏》。
I love Game of Thrones.
我热爱《霍比特人》系列。
I love, The Hobbit series.
我热爱这些构建世界观的作品。
I love these world building things.
我热爱《阿凡达》,觉得尝试创作这类作品会非常酷。
I love Avatar, and I just think it'd be really cool to try to do that.
这个巧妙的小问题最有趣的地方在于:
And here's what's fascinating about this tricky little question.
如果你当前的道路明天突然消失,你会做什么?
If the past that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
你会做什么?
What would you do?
此刻世界上谁在激励着你?
Who in the world is inspiring you right now?
你还有什么未完成的事情?
What unfinished business do you have?
我要告诉你一些事情,因为我觉得你现在需要听一听。
And I'm gonna tell you something because I think you need to hear this right now.
你不必这么做。
You don't have to do this.
你不必用它来支付账单。
You don't have to pay your bills with it.
这个问题不是为了让你辞职或转专业。
This question isn't meant to get you to quit your job or to change your major.
这个问题旨在打破你非黑即白的思维方式。
This question is meant to break apart your very black and white thinking.
这个问题是为了拓宽你的视野,帮你抬起头来,认识到你生活中除了目前的工作或学业之外,还有更多可能性。
This question is meant to widen your gaze and help you lift up your head and recognize there's a lot more to your life than you think you do for work or school right now.
你的生活远不止照顾孩子和父母这么简单。
There's a lot more to your life than just taking care of your kids and your parents.
如果你现在走的这条路明天就消失了,你会做什么?
And if the path that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
这个问题是在邀请你内心深处重新开始梦想,对吧?
That is a question that is inviting the deeper parts of you to dream again, right?
去梦想。
To dream.
而且,你知道,人们很容易紧抓已知的事物不放,认为事情永远会这样发展,即便现状并不理想,因为这似乎比想象其他可能性更安全。
And, you know, it's so easy to cling to what you know and to think it's always gonna be that way, even when it doesn't feel that great because it seems safer than imagining other things that you could be doing.
但这就是这个问题对你的要求。
But that's what this question asks of you.
如果你现在走的这条路明天就消失了,你会做什么?
If the path that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
正如斯坦福大学的比尔·博内特和戴夫·埃文斯教授所说——我很喜欢这句话——当你真正迫使自己的想象力相信你必须另谋生路或必须用其他事情来填补时间时,你会想出办法的。
And as professors Bill Burnett and Dave Evans at Stanford put it, I love this quote, when you really force your imagination to believe that you have to make a living or you have to fill your time doing something other than what you're already doing, you will come up with something.
你会的。
You will.
关于这个问题,我还喜欢另一点。
And here's the other thing I like about this question.
它还能让你审视自己紧紧抓住的东西,即使内心深处你并不喜欢它,因为你可能告诉自己别无选择。
It also gets you to look at the thing you've been gripping tightly to, even if deep down you don't like it, Because you're probably telling yourself you have no other options.
你得付房贷。
You gotta pay your mortgage.
你得付公寓租金。
You gotta pay your apartment rent.
你有这个。
You got this.
你有那个。
You got that.
你还有别的。
You got the other thing.
但真正有趣的是,当事情消失时,它让你别无选择。
But what's really interesting about when things disappear, it leaves you no choice.
作为你的朋友,我会一直提醒你,你有能力解决问题。
And as your friend, I'm gonna always remind you, you're capable of figuring things out.
很多人直到被迫面对时才会意识到这一点。
A lot of us don't realize that until we're forced to.
我们被迫解决问题是因为被裁员了。
We're forced to figure it out because we got laid off.
我们被迫解决问题是因为没得到梦想的工作。
We're forced to figure it out because we didn't get the dream job.
我们被迫解决问题是因为,你知道的,主修传播学,却要在近年来最糟糕的就业市场中毕业。
We're forced to figure it out because we, you know, majored in communications, and now you're graduating into the world's worst job market in recent history.
我就直说了。
I'm just gonna say it.
这是事实。
It's true.
这是事实。
It's true.
现在你开始感到气馁了。
And now you're starting to get discouraged.
因为你没能得到那份工作,你原本的道路确实消失了。
So the path that you are on did disappear because you're not landing the job.
那么,好吧,你现在打算怎么办?
So, okay, what are you gonna do now?
这就是为什么这个问题很重要——因为它能让你在被解雇前、友谊消逝前、生活基础被抽空前,真正开始想象、头脑风暴并探索其他选择。
That's why this question matters because it it really gets you to start to imagine and brainstorm and tap into other options before you get fired, before the friendship fades, before the rug gets pulled out from under you.
那么为什么不现在就进行这个演练呢?
And so why not run that drill right now?
这正是问题在向你提出的要求。
That's what the question is begging of you.
这就是奥德赛计划的真谛。
This is what the odyssey plan is.
因为如果你仔细想想人生中的重大转折点,我说过要真正尝试写一部奇幻小说,这难道不是很讽刺吗?
Because if you think about any major twist and turn isn't it funny that I said I'd I'd really try to figure out how to write a fantasy novel?
因为奥德赛计划正是关于如何应对人生中的曲折与转折。
Because the odyssey plan is about navigating the twists and turns in life.
任何伟大的奥德赛之旅——想想希腊神话中的奥德赛故事。
And and any great odyssey, just think about the the Greek myth of the odyssey.
其中充满无数曲折转折,英雄往往始料未及,但你就是自己人生的主角。
There are so many twists and turns, and oftentimes the hero doesn't see it coming, but you're the hero of your own life.
所以问问自己:如果你不再以当前职业谋生,不再用现在的方式填充时间——或许你现在正忙于照顾年迈父母,或许正全心照料家中幼童。
So ask yourself, if you didn't do what you currently do for a living, if you didn't fill your time doing what you currently do, maybe you're filling your time caring for aging parents, maybe you're filling your time taking care of your littles at home.
这些都是生命的珍贵馈赠,但请允许自己想象:
That's a wonderful thing to do with your life, but give yourself permission.
如果这些责任突然消失——孩子们都上学了,父母也有人照料——你还想用时间做些什么?
If this disappeared, the kids are off at school, your parents are taken care of, what else would you wanna do with your time?
若不以现有职业谋生,你能否尝试自由职业?
If you didn't do what you currently do for a living, could you freelance?
你能否创立自己的事业?
Could you make a business?
你能抽出时间学习一项新技能吗?
Could you take the time to learn a new skill?
或许你可以学习如何在人工智能或科技领域构建产品,又或者尝试一些创意类的事情。
Maybe you could learn how to build something in AI or tech, or maybe it's something creative.
你能学会如何在网上赚钱吗?
Could you learn how to make money online?
你能彻底转行去做完全不同的事情吗?
Could you pivot into something completely different?
比如,你终于可以去参加急救员或志愿消防员的培训,或者进入一个新领域工作吗?
Like, could you finally do that training to be an EMT or a volunteer firefighter or working in a new field?
你能去读个硕士学位吗?
Could you get a master's?
我丈夫现在正在攻读灵性心理学硕士学位,一次只修一门课。
My husband right now is getting a master's in spiritual psychology by taking one class at a time.
这将花费他四年时间。
It's gonna take him four years.
他快完成了。
He's almost done with it.
为什么?
Why?
嗯,因为他开始想象。
Well, because he started to imagine.
如果一切消失,你知道,我可能想用我的生命做什么?
If things disappeared, you know, what is it that I might wanna do with my life?
他选择了灵性心理学。
And he's like, spiritual psychology.
我想如果我不再带领男性静修会,我会喜欢做这个。
I think I'd like to do that if I, you know, stopped leading men's retreats.
那会是一件非常酷的事情。
That'd be a really cool thing to do.
你想在周末去酒吧当保安赚点外快吗?
Would you wanna pick up extra cash being a bouncer at a bar on the weekends?
因为你年轻时当过调酒师,而且有点怀念餐厅工作的那种集体感。
Because you used to bartend when you were younger, and you kinda miss the community that works in a restaurant.
听着。
Look.
我以前在餐厅工作过。
I used to work in restaurants.
我曾经当过调酒师。
I used to be a bartender.
那就像第二个家一样。
It's like a second family.
你会去读法学院吗?
Would you go to law school?
你会去参加海军吗?
Would you go join the Navy?
我是说,这就是这个问题的意义所在。
I mean, that's the point of this question.
这个问题是为了让你明白,你还有未完成的心愿。
It's getting you to understand that there's unfinished business for you.
你其实有很多选择。
There are options.
有些事你一直想去探索,但大多数人直到生活崩溃或工作结束才允许自己这么做。
There are things that you'd like to explore, and most of us don't give ourselves permission to do that until life blows up or the job ends.
所以这个问题——感谢斯坦福的教授们——能让你看到,你拥有的选择总是比你想象的更多。
And so this question, thank you professors at Stanford, helps you see that you've always had more options than you think.
你只是把所有时间都花在自我纠结上。
You're just spending all your time arguing with yourself.
‘我不能辞职,因为要付房租’。
Well, I can't quit my job because I gotta pay my rent.
‘我不能做这个,因为还要做那个’。
I can't do this because I gotta do the other thing.
‘我根本没法改变,因为孩子和其他责任都指望着我’。
I can't possibly make a change because my kids and stuff are dependent.
那么,如果那不是真的呢?
Well, what if that's not true?
如果有一个你尚未发现的人生版本正等待着你呢?
What if there's a version of your life that is waiting for you to see it?
我只是邀请你去想象这些可能性。
I'm just inviting you to imagine the possibilities.
自己这样做很难,因为如果我问你这个问题:嘿,作为我的朋友,你能给我建议吗?
And it's hard to do for yourself because if you were to if I were to ask you the question, hey, as my friend, could you give me advice?
如果播客突然爆火,你能想出梅尔·罗宾斯可以转型做的五件事吗?
If if the podcast were to just blow up, could you think of five things that Mel Robbins could do in terms of a pivot?
你肯定会说:当然。
You'd be like, yeah.
砰。
Boom.
砰。
Boom.
砰。
Boom.
砰。
Boom.
如果你的某个成年子女回到家,他们因为讨厌职业道路而心烦意乱——他们在学校为此专业学习多年,现在却意识到:天啊,我真的讨厌从事科技行业的工作。
If one of your adult kids comes home and they're, like, all upset because they hate the job path and they studied for this in school and now they realize, oh my gosh, I really hate working in tech.
我打赌你能给他们列出五件可以尝试的事,因为你总能看清别人的选择可能,但我们自己却像戴着眼罩,看不清自己的出路。
I bet you could give them five things that they could do because you can see the options for other people, but we have blinders on and can't see them for ourselves.
这就是问题的关键。
And that's the question.
这就是核心要义——你其实拥有选择权。
That's what it's getting at, that you have options.
通过现在将这些可能性纳入你的意识,你可以做出微小的调整,逐步转向。
And by pulling some of these into your consciousness now, you can make small pivots, small pivots.
尽管思考这些可能令人不安,但这就是为什么它如此重要。
And here's why this matters, even though it can be confronting to think about this.
一旦你开始考虑如果当前计划突然消失,你能做些什么时,有趣的事情就会发生。
Once you entertain what you could do, if the current plan just disappeared, something interesting happens.
恐惧开始失去它的控制力。
Fear starts to lose its grip.
你不再对自己说‘天哪’。
You stop telling yourself, oh my gosh.
‘如果我丢了这份工作,我就彻底完蛋了’。
If I lose this job, I'm completely screwed.
‘如果AI接管一切,我的人生就结束了’。
If AI takes over, my life is over.
相反,你会想,总有备选方案,因为我愿意看到备选方案。
And instead, you go, well, there's always a plan b because I'm willing to see a plan b.
即使我失业了,即使我现在所做的一切都消失了,我依然相信自己有能力找到出路。
That if I lost my job, if all the things that I currently do disappeared, I actually believe in my capability of figuring it out.
我相信我会找到其他选择的。
I believe that I'll figure out options.
我坚信,当一扇门关闭时,另一扇门就会打开。
I do believe that if a door closes, another one opens, Period.
我太喜欢这句话了。
I love that.
这让我想到了三个问题中我最喜欢的一个。
And that brings me to my favorite question of all three.
我超爱这个问题,你们肯定也会喜欢的。
I love this question, and you're gonna love this too.
广告之后我们就来讨论这个问题。
And we're gonna get to it after this break.
好的。
Alrighty.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你们的老朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your buddy, Mel Robbins.
今天,我们将一起探讨一个名为'奥德赛计划'的内容,这是一系列你需要自问的问题。
Today, you and I are going through something called the odyssey plan, which is a series of questions that you ask yourself.
这是由斯坦福大学的两位杰出教授设计的。
This was designed by two extraordinary professors at Stanford.
这是他们最受欢迎的课程之一。
It's taught in one of their most popular courses.
我们已经完成了前两个问题。
We've already gone through the first two questions.
如果你继续当前的道路,你的生活会是什么样子?
How will your life look if you stay on the current path?
如果你的道路明天突然消失,你会怎么做?
If your path disappears tomorrow, what would you do?
我为你感到骄傲,因为你不仅来到这里,还认真思考这些问题,接纳新思维,发现新可能,感受思维方式的转变。
And I am so proud of you for being here, for really grappling with these questions, for allowing new thinking to enter, for seeing new possibilities, for feeling the shift in your mindset.
感谢你与你关心的人分享这一切。
Thank you for sharing this with people that you care about.
我迫不及待想听你和朋友家人再次探讨这些问题时的收获。
I can't wait to hear what happens when you do these questions again with your friends and with your family.
现在我们来谈谈第三个问题,也是我最喜欢的一个。
Now let's talk about the third question, my favorite one of all.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
我超爱这个问题。
I love this one.
如果没有任何束缚,你的人生会是什么模样?
How would life look if there was nothing holding you back?
这是个需要放手一搏的问题。
Now this is a swing for the fences kind of question.
这很符合梅尔·罗宾斯的风格,因为充满了无限可能。
This is a Mel Robbins kind of question because this one's full of possibility.
这就像给你一张无拘无束的通行证,让你为自己构想更宏大的可能性。
This is like unbridled permission for you to dream, for you to see a bigger possibility for yourself.
好吗?
Okay?
就一小会儿,让我们认真思考这个问题。
Just for a second, let's entertain this question.
如果没有束缚,你的生活将会是什么样子,会有什么感受?
How would your life look and feel if there's nothing holding you back?
我是说金钱不是问题。
I'm saying money is not an issue.
你不在乎别人的期望。
You don't care about other people's expectations.
不在乎。
Nope.
随他们去吧。
Let them.
对吧?
Right?
我们不在乎那些。
We don't care about that.
你可以去任何地方。
You could go anywhere.
你可以做任何事情。
You could do anything.
这第三个问题关乎你人生中的完全自由。
This third question is full freedom in your life.
暂时忘掉孩子们。
Forget about the kids.
暂时忘掉狗狗们。
Forget about the dogs.
暂时忘掉你照顾的所有人。
Forget about everybody that you take care of.
就这一瞬间,忘掉那些账单。
Forget about the bills just for this second.
让我们暂且考虑这种可能性。
Let's just entertain the possibility.
因为你上一次真正让自己做白日梦是什么时候?
Because when was the last time you let yourself daydream for real?
我是认真的。
I mean it.
你上一次不顾一切、允许自己想象一种可能性、一个未来、一种不被当前所有束缚所累的生活是什么时候?
When was the last time you just threw caution to the wind and you allowed yourself to imagine a possibility, a future, a life where you were not encumbered by everything that's holding you back right now.
真正让你的思绪自由驰骋。
Really just let your mind wander.
如果没有任何束缚,我的生活会是怎样的景象和感受?
How would my life look and feel if nothing was holding me back?
你脑海中不会有个声音说'哦,这太荒谬了'。
There's no voice in your head going, oh, that's ridiculous.
你这个年纪不可能当旅行博主。
You can't be a travel blogger at your age.
哦,你绝对做不到的。
Oh, you could never pull that off.
你凭什么觉得自己能开发应用程序?
What makes you think you could build an app?
你年纪太大不适合重返校园了。
You're too old to go back to school.
你又不是学医的。
You didn't major in medicine.
现在你想转行当整体健康教练?
Now you wanna go back and be a holistic health coach?
你脑子进水了吗?
What's wrong with you?
如果你和我、和大多数人一样,上次你允许自己敞开心扉拥抱可能性的时候
Well, if you're like me and like most people, the last time you allowed yourself to just open up the doors of possibility, crack open your heart.
大概还是孩童时期吧。
Last time was when you were a kid.
因为在那个时候,你可以早上想象成为宇航员,下午就变成摇滚明星,因为没人告诉你那是不可能的。
Because back then, you could imagine becoming an astronaut in the morning, ho, and a rock star by the afternoon, because nobody told you it was impossible.
我是说,做白日梦的感觉真好。
I mean, daydreaming was so good.
这不是在浪费时间。
It's not a waste of time.
这是你发现自己真正想要的方式。
It's how you uncover what you want.
这是你挖掘所有未完成之事的方式——那些被账单、责任、他人期望与意见、你现有生活的束缚以及你感受到的重压所掩盖的事情。
It's how you excavate all that unfinished business that's underneath the noise of the bills, the responsibility, other people's expectations and opinions, the trappings of the life that you have right now, the weight that you feel.
这就是为什么这个问题很重要,因为它很有趣。
That's why this question matters because it's fun.
思考这个问题很有意思,不是吗?
It's fun to think about this, isn't it?
我是说,你至今做的大部分选择,很可能就像我人生中许多选择一样。
I mean, most of the choices that you've made so far, it's probably just like the choices I've made for a lot in my life.
这不是关于你真正想要什么。
It's not about what you really want.
这是关于生存。
It's about survival.
这是关于支付账单。
It's about paying the bills.
这是关于地位、维持体面、让父母骄傲、确保你做邻居们都在做的事、让孩子参加合适的旅行联赛、选对专业、开对车,所有这些让你喘不过气来的事情。
It's about status and keeping up appearances and making your parents proud and making sure that you're doing what all the neighbors are doing and that your kids are in the right travel league and that you're doing the right major and that you're driving the right car, all that stuff that just weighs you down.
但这个问题,哦,这完全是另一回事。
But this question, oh, this is about something else entirely.
这个问题打开了大门,它问:如果你拥有足够多,如果没人关注,如果你不欠任何人任何东西,你会如何度过你的人生?
This question blows the door open and asks, if you had enough, if nobody was watching, if you didn't know anybody anything, what would you do with your life?
今天你会选择把时间聚焦在什么事情上?
What would you choose to focus your time on today?
研究表明,当你基于内在价值观生活时最幸福——当你与成长、联结和贡献保持一致,而不是追逐金钱、寻求认可、试图与所有人攀比时。
Research shows that you are the happiest when you live from intrinsic values, when you're aligned with growth and connection and contribution rather than chasing money, chasing approval, trying to keep up with everybody else.
我是说,生活中所有这些‘应该’让人精疲力尽。
I mean, it's exhausting, all these shoulds in your life.
你知道,2015年诺克斯学院的Kim Kasser进行了一项研究,发表在《积极心理学杂志》上。
You know, there was a study in 2015 done by Kim Kasser at Knox College, and it was published in the Journal of Positive Psychology.
这项研究发现,那些专注于内在价值——贡献、连接、做有意义的事、人际关系、快乐的人,比那些忙于追逐地位或财富的人报告了更高的生活满意度和显著更低的焦虑。
And this study found that people who are focused on these inner values, contribution, connection, doing something meaningful, relationships, joy, reported higher life satisfaction and way less anxiety than everybody else who's busy chasing status or wealth.
我想我们内心深处都明白这一点。
And I think we know this deep down.
追逐地位、金钱、名声这些破事根本不重要。
The chasing status, money, fame, all that crap doesn't matter.
重要的是当你晚上把头靠在枕头上时,是否觉得自己是个好人。
What matters is whether or not when you lay your head on the pillow at night, you feel like you're a good person.
你知道那些未完成的事——顺便说一句,这与你的价值观息息相关。
You know that that unfinished business, which by the way is connected to your values.
这就是为什么未完成的事会困扰你。
That's why unfinished business haunts you.
这就是为什么你未完成的事务与我的不同,因为它与更深层的东西相连。
That's why your unfinished business is different than mine because it's tied to something deeper.
当你知道自己今天已尽力而为,朝着对你重要的事物又迈进了一步,你就明白自己正过着美好的生活。
When you know that you did the best that you could with the time that you had today, that you inched yourself closer to the things that matter to you, you know that you're living a good life.
这个问题揭示的正是这一点,它也在问你:如果别人的看法不再束缚你,会怎样?
And that's what this question is uncovering, is it's also asking you, what if other people's opinions weren't holding you back?
如果你感受到的内疚、那些期望、害怕被人评判或失败的恐惧、突然感到尴尬或被人误解的担忧——如果这些都不再阻碍你呢?
What if the guilt that you feel, the expectations that you feel, what if that fear that people are gonna judge you or that you're gonna fail, and then all of a sudden you're gonna be embarrassed or that people are gonna misunderstand you?
如果这些都不再阻碍你,会怎样?
What if that wasn't holding you back?
如果你今天就能行动起来,在社交媒体上发布你的音乐,会怎样?
What if you could act you could go on social media today and put your music out?
如果你今天就能在社交媒体上谈论那项新事业,会怎样?
What if you could go on social media today and talk about that new business?
如果你今天就能在社交媒体上说'我刚完成了奥德赛计划',会怎样?
What if you could go on social media today and say, I've just done the Odyssey Plan.
这是斯坦福的一个项目。
It's this thing at Stanford.
太酷了。
It's so cool.
我意识到我想要做出重大转变。
And I've realized I wanna make a big pivot.
如果关注我的观众中有瑜伽教练,能否在评论区告诉我你们会采取的第一步行动是什么?
If any of you that follow me do, I don't know, you're a yoga instructor, would you tell me in the comments what would be the first move you would make?
我的意思是,这非常有力量,因为阻碍你的最大因素其实不是金钱。
I mean, this is so powerful because the single biggest thing in your way, it's actually not money.
而是你害怕别人会怎么想。
It's your fear of what other people are gonna think.
如果你读过'让他们理论',或者已经开始在生活中运用'让他们'和'让我'原则,你就会明白他人是你时间和精力的最大浪费源——因为你花了太多精力去管理他人的感受、取悦他人、担心别人的想法和行为。
And if you've read the let them theory, or you've already started using let them and let me in your life, you know that other people are the single biggest waster of your time and energy because you're spending too much time and energy managing everybody else's feelings, making everybody else happy, being worried about what other people are gonna think and do and feel.
我有更好的生活方式建议。
I got a better way to live your life.
随他们去
Let them.
随他们误解你
Let them misunderstand you.
随他们取关你
Let them unfollow you.
随他们对你不再想追求大公司职业发展而感到失望
Let them be disappointed that you no longer want to have the big corporate career.
你其实想卖掉一切去当个农夫,靠土地生活,做些让你心潮澎湃的酷事。
You actually wanna sell everything and go become a farmer and live off the land and do something cool that makes your heart sing.
让他们爱怎么想就怎么想,因为你知道吗?
Let them think whatever they're gonna think because guess what?
反正他们早就对你有负面看法了。
They already think negative thoughts about you anyway.
所以随他们去吧,把那些时间和精力都收回来,问问自己——让我来回答这个问题。
So just let them and take all that time and energy back and ask yourself, let me, let me answer this question.
如果被他人的意见所束缚,我的人生会是什么样子?
How would my life look if other people's opinions were holding me back?
如果我能任由他人误解、抱有期待或感到失望,同时仍能按照自己的意愿度过这唯一珍贵而精彩的人生,那会是怎样的感受?
What would my life feel like if I could let other people misunderstand me or have their expectations or be disappointed, and I could still do what I'd like to do with this one precious, amazing life that I have?
如果我今天就做出改变,尽管人们不理解呢?
What if I started making changes today even though people didn't get it?
如果他们嘲笑我改变饮食习惯,比如我改吃素、无麸质食品,或开始举重训练,而家人因此取笑我,因为没人做这种事呢?
If they tease me, what I change the way that I eat and I went vegan or gluten free or I started lifting weights and my family's gonna pick on me because nobody does that kind of thing?
随他们去吧。
Let them.
让我们深呼吸。
So let's take a deep breath.
假设你已经解决了资金问题。
Let's pretend you got the money handled.
假设无人旁观,没有任何事物能阻挡你。
Let's pretend no one's watching and that nothing is holding you back.
我知道这很难,但请允许自己畅想一分钟。
Just just I know it's hard, but just let yourself dream for a minute.
你会去当孩子足球队的教练吗?
Would you maybe coach your kid's soccer team?
你会选择在动物保护协会(宠物收容所)度过一天吗?
Would you spend your day at the Humane Society, you know, a pet shelter?
你会开始动手搭建东西吗?无论是乐高积木、拼图,还是准备在后院建个小木屋?
Would you take up building things, whether it's Legos or puzzles or maybe you're gonna build a little shed in the backyard?
你想住在哪里?
Where would you live?
比如,山间小屋听起来怎么样?
I mean, how does a cabin in the mountains sound?
我觉得挺不错的。
Sounds pretty good to me.
住在某个海滩边如何?
How about living on a beach somewhere?
那么乘小船环游世界怎么样?
What about a little boat sailing around the world?
那时会有谁在你身边?
And who would be there?
如果你不用一直工作,不用拼命赚钱支付账单和处理这些琐事,你会选择和谁共度时光?
Who would you be spending your time with if you weren't working all the time, if you weren't grinding it out to pay bills and do all this stuff?
这只是个畅想练习。
This is just a dreaming exercise.
我想让你注意到你的思维发散得有多快。
I want you to notice how quickly you start to go.
不。
No.
我们现在处于扩展模式。
We're in expansion mode.
你会花更多时间陪伴你深爱的朋友们吗?
Would you spend more time with friends that you love?
你会减少与那些只是勉强相处的同事共度的时间吗?
Would you spend less time with colleagues that you're just tolerating?
你希望在生活中感受到什么?
What is it that you want to feel in your life?
自由?
Freedom?
你想感受更多创造力吗?
Do you wanna feel more creative?
你希望生活更充满冒险吗?
Do you want it to be more adventurous?
你想要更多艺术气息,一种归属感吗?
Do you wanna have more artistry, a sense of belonging?
你想更深入地参与社区活动吗?
Do you wanna feel more engaged in your community?
请不要限制自己。
And please, don't limit yourself.
这是奥德赛计划。
This is the odyssey plan.
我希望你在脑海中开启一段奥德赛之旅,允许自己感受成为人生主角的滋味。
I want you to go on an odyssey in your mind and allow yourself to feel what it's like to be the hero in your life.
对你而言那会是怎样的感受?
What does that feel like for you?
你知道吗,梅尔·罗宾斯播客的一位制片人有个朋友叫亨利,他就做过奥德赛计划。
You know, one of the producers on the Mel Robbins podcast has a friend, Henry, and Henry did the odyssey planning.
他问了自己这三个问题,允许自己尽情做白日梦。
Asked himself these three questions, allowed himself to just daydream.
你知道如果没有任何束缚,他的宏大梦想是什么吗?
And do you know what his big dream was if nothing was holding him back?
那就是接管一座美丽的旧农舍,周围环绕着以电影和电影明星命名的猫,比如了不起的盖茨猫。
It was to take over a beautiful old farmhouse surrounded by cats named after movies and movie stars, names like the great Catsby.
听起来有点傻。
I mean, it sounds silly.
对吧?
Right?
猜猜怎么着?
Well, guess what?
这并不重要。
It doesn't matter.
因为亨利说,让他们嘲笑我给猫取的名字吧。
Because Henry's saying, let them let them laugh at my cat names.
让他们嘲笑我的梦想吧,因为这是我未完成的心愿。
Let them laugh at my dream because this is unfinished business for me.
就像此刻浮现在你脑海和心中的那个念头,对你而言也是未完成的心愿。
Just like whatever it is that's coming to your mind and heart is unfinished business to you.
这与他人无关。
It's not about other people.
这关乎你自己。
It's about you.
亨利还写下了拥有一台86英寸电视,一台能吐出无限免费意式冰沙的自动贩卖机。
Henry also put down owning an 86 inch TV, a vending machine that spits out never ending free Italian ice.
看到了吗?
See?
这就是重点。
That's the point.
即使听起来很傻、很荒谬,不如你我也像亨利一样?
Even if it sounds silly, ridiculous, How about you and I be like Henry?
只管写下来。
And just write it down.
只管写下来。
Just write it down.
我要告诉你们,我在几年前就做过这个练习。
I will tell you that I used this exercise several years ago.
几年前,我还没有主持播客节目。
Several years ago, I didn't host a podcast.
几年前,大概六年前吧,我靠每年出差150天为各大企业活动做演讲谋生。
Several years ago, this would have been about six years ago, I made a living by traveling one hundred and fifty days a year and speaking at large corporate events.
你知道,如果微软要办大型活动,他们就会聘请我,我会站在台上,面对数千名观众。
You know, if Microsoft were doing a big event, they would hire me, and I would be on the stage, and there'd be thousands of people.
事实上,我已经为微软做过近七场活动了。
In fact, I've done almost seven events for Microsoft.
我为摩根大通做过51场。
I've done 51 for JPMorgan.
我还在星巴克演讲过。
I've spoken at Starbucks.
所有这些了不起的公司,这曾是种令人难以置信的谋生方式。
All these amazing companies, and it was an incredible way to make a living.
偶尔我也会写本书。
And then occasionally, I would write a book.
我写过《五秒法则》。
I wrote the five second rule.
我写了《击掌习惯》这本书
I wrote the high five habit.
但对我来说总有些未完成的事
But there was just this unfinished business for me.
内心总有些东西在涌动
There was something stirring inside me.
你知道那是什么吗?
And do you know what it was?
当我真正问自己:如果明天你现在的道路消失了,你会做什么?
When I really said to myself, if the path that you're on disappeared tomorrow, what would you do?
梅尔,如果所有这些演讲事业都消失了,如果没人再买你的书,所有线上粉丝都消失了,你会做什么?
If all of this speaking business, Mel, disappeared, if no one ever bought another book, all your followers online disappeared, what would you do?
当时的答案非常清晰
And the answer was very clear at the time.
那就是:我会开一个播客
It was I would start a podcast.
但随后所有的借口都来了。
But then all the excuses came in.
光是Spotify上就有600万个播客,几乎没人能靠播客赚钱。
Well, there's 6,000,000 podcasts in Spotify alone, and almost nobody makes money in podcasting.
只有那些顶尖的大节目才能盈利。
Only, like, the top big shows make money.
我该怎么支付我员工的工资呢?
And how am I gonna pay for the people that are on my payroll?
那我该怎么还房贷呢?因为我现在有套房子,房贷比以前我经济拮据时高多了。
And how am I gonna, like, be able to pay my mortgage because I now have a house that, you know, the mortgage is bigger than it used to be when I was really struggling.
所以我该怎么平衡这一切,这又该怎么办呢?
And so how am I gonna make this all work, and what about this?
但我允许自己去做梦。
But I allowed myself to dream.
如果没有任何束缚,生活会是什么样子?
How would life look if nothing was holding me back?
这个愿景不断在我脑海中浮现,它是这样的
And I kept having this vision, and here was the vision.
这个愿景是:想象一个世界,我在波士顿创办了一档播客节目
The vision was imagine a world where I had a podcast, and the podcast was based in Boston.
我敞开心扉,直面那些未竟之事
I just opened up my mind and my heart to the unfinished business.
那该有多酷啊?
How cool would that be?
当你真正允许自己这样做时,最奇妙的是——我希望你也试试
And what's super fascinating when you truly allow yourself to do this is and I want you to do this.
我希望你把这个写下来
I want you to write about this.
我希望你写下:你的生活看起来和感觉起来是什么样子
I want you to write down what does your life look and feel like.
你猜怎么着?
And guess what?
当你进行现在这个过程时,奇妙的事情就会发生。
Something incredible happens when you do the process you're doing right now.
它不会像独角兽那样凭空出现,也不会神奇地从天而降。
It doesn't appear like a unicorn and magically fall out of the sky.
接下来发生的事情要酷得多。
What happens is way cooler.
通过问自己这三个问题,你正在撬开一直存在的可能性。
By asking yourself these three questions, you are now cracking open possibility that's always been there.
你正在允许自己的梦想脱离大脑,真实存在于世界上,并跃然纸上呈现在你面前。
You are giving your dreams permission to get out of your brain and exist out into the world and right in front of you on paper.
所以让自己沉浸其中片刻吧。
So let yourself bask in that for a minute.
放下规则。
Drop the rules.
暂时抛开金钱的烦恼。
Get rid of the money worries for just a second.
你马上就能把它们拿回来。
You can have them back in a minute.
忽略那些评判,只管想象。
Ignore the judgment and just imagine.
你天生就具备想象的能力。
You're built to imagine.
你的大脑知道如何这样漫游。
Your mind knows how to wander like that.
重新连接那个知道你真想要什么的部分,这速度多有趣啊?
Isn't it interesting how quickly you can reconnect with the part of you that knows what you really want?
就像那些未完成的事情一样。
It's like that unfinished business.
我太喜欢这种感觉了。
I love that.
所以现在我希望你注意一下,做点小梦想的感觉有多美妙。
And so I want you to pay attention right now how good it feels to just dream a little.
即便你对第三个问题的回答看起来只是'还行'
And even if your answer for question three seems like, okay.
嗯,是有点天马行空
Well, it's a little out there.
是有点不寻常
It's a little out there.
它依然为你提供了此刻所需的明确线索
It's still giving you clues to exactly what you need now.
你需要更多这样的时刻
You need more of this.
明白吗?
Okay?
这就是你需要的
That's what you need.
好的
Alright.
所以你大概在想,好吧。
So you're probably thinking, alright.
我该怎么处理这个,梅尔?
What do I do with this, Mel?
因为我有三个问题,我想要认可你。0
Because I've got the three questions, and I wanna acknowledge you.
我想认可你不仅是在倾听或观看基于研究的内容,这些内容将帮助你创造更好的生活,我更想认可你花时间回答了这些问题。
I wanna acknowledge you for not only listening or watching to something that is based in research and that is gonna help you create a better life, but I wanna acknowledge you for taking the time to answer the questions.
所以如果你现在沉浸其中,并且疑惑着,好吧。
And so if you're now, like, in it and you're wondering, okay.
然后呢?
Now what?
问得好。
Great question.
你已经打开了一张地图。
You've opened up a map.
你已经在生活中展开了一张地图,我要你审视所有你思考过并记录下来的内容,现在我要你好好想想。
You've opened up a map in your life, and I want you to look at everything that you've thought about and that you've written down, and now I want you to think about, okay.
我有了这张大地图,而我当前的生活正把我带向这边。
I have this big map, and my current life is taking me over here.
但当我真正放下所有评判,沉浸于白日梦时,我有点想去这边。
But when I really suspend all the judgment and I tap into daydreaming, I kinda wanna go over here.
现在你要做的是——这个方法来自斯坦福的课程。
And now here's what you're gonna do, and this comes from the course at Stanford.
我要你选择一件事、一个目的地、一个你想前进的方向,一件能抓住你兴趣的事。
I want you to pick one thing, one destination, one direction you wanna head in, one thing that just catches your interest.
看,这些问题已经为你在这张地图上标出了坐标点。
See, the questions gave you points on this map.
它们为你提供了所需的洞见和方向。
They gave you the insight and the direction that you need.
你并没有被困住。
You're not stuck.
你并没有迷失方向。
You're not lost.
在你内心深处,那些始终存在的答案会让你重新走上一条真正让你找回自我、重燃生活激情的道路。
Deep inside you are the answers that have been there all along that put you back on a path that really makes you feel like more of yourself again, that makes you excited about life again.
所以你可能在想,好吧。
And so you're probably wondering, okay.
那么,梅尔,我该如何在不颠覆一切的情况下,将这些问题中看到的更多内容融入我的生活?
Well, how do I pull more of what I'm seeing in these questions into my life, Mel, without having to blow everything up.
明白吗?
Okay?
因为这些问题,别以为你知道,也许你会是那个说'知道吗?'的人。
Because these questions, don't think you know, maybe you are the person that says, you know what?
这正是我需要的清晰答案。
This is the clarity I needed.
我已经存好了钱。
I have the money saved.
我知道我要做什么了。
I know what I'm gonna do.
我一直胆小害怕,不敢果断行动做出改变。
I've been chicken and scared to to just pull the cord and make the change.
我要行动了。
I'm doing it.
我要行动了。
I'm doing it.
真的,谢谢你。
Like, thank you.
奥德赛计划揭示了我其实一直都知道该怎么做。
The odyssey plan revealed that I knew what to do all along.
我只是害怕去做。
I've been scared to do it.
我知道我的B计划,今天就执行它。
I know my plan b, and I'm executing it today.
我要辞职了。
I'm quitting the job.
好的。
Okay.
这可能是个例子。
That could be one example.
但更可能是,你开始意识到所有这些选择和可能性。
But more likely, you're just waking up to all these options and possibilities.
你开始重新感受到希望和乐观。
You're starting to feel a sense of hope and optimism again.
那么如何在不大改一切、不辞职、不颠覆现状的情况下,将这些洞见融入你的生活?
So how do you insert these insights into your life without really changing everything, quitting your job, blowing everything up?
这是个好问题,我有个绝佳的例子。
It's a great question, and I have the perfect example.
我丈夫克里斯托弗一直想写本书。
So my husband Christopher has always wanted to write a book.
而且,你知道,如果你在自问,他是做什么工作的?
And, you know, if you're asking yourself, what does he do for a living?
克里斯托弗创办了一个名为'灵魂高度'的男性静修活动,每年主持三次。
Well, Christopher started a men's retreat called Soul Degree, and he leads those three times a year.
他还是一名临终关怀导乐师,但他一直想写本书。
And he also is a death doula, but he has been wanting to write a book.
他甚至不知道这本书要写什么内容。
And he doesn't even know what the book is about.
明白吗?
Okay?
他只是知道自己想写本书。
He just knows he wants to write a book.
于是在做'奥德赛计划'时——这是几年前的事了——他意识到了这点。
And so in doing the Odyssey Plan, this was a couple years ago, he recognized this.
所以他就想,好吧。
And so he's like, okay.
我现在要做的第一个改变就是培养一个新习惯。
The first change I'm gonna make to bring this into my life now is I'm just going to create a new habit.
顺便说一句,这是改变你当前人生轨迹的一种方式。
This is a way, by the way, to change your current path.
因为只要你改变一个习惯,无论是每天写作、每天散步,还是每天花十五分钟研究你感兴趣的事物,你的人生轨迹就会自动改变。
Because if you just change one habit, whether it's writing every day or walking every day or spending fifteen minutes every day researching something you're interested in, you automatically change the path that you're on.
所以克里斯只是从在晨间例行事项中加入写作开始。
And so Chris just started by adding writing to his morning routine.
这就是他所做的全部。
That's all that he did.
他坚持每天写作十五到二十分钟。
Just every single day, he would write for fifteen or twenty minutes.
最近,他突然顿悟:自己真正想要的不是随便写写,而是实实在在地写一本书。
Well, recently, he had this huge epiphany that he really wants to go from just writing to truly writing a book.
克里斯所做的——这也是我想邀请你们思考的——就是把最重要的事情放在首位。
Well, what Chris did, and this is what I want you in invite you to think about, is he now put the most important thing first.
他现在早上5:15起床,先冥想,然后写作。
He now wakes up at 05:15, he meditates, and then he writes.
小小的改变,不同的终点,不同的道路。
Small change, different destination, different path.
写完文章后,他会去遛狗、锻炼,然后开始一天的生活。
After he writes, he then goes and walks the dogs and exercises and starts his day.
但你有没有注意到,这个清晨的小小改变向他传递了一个信号:他正走在不同的道路上?
But do you see how that small change first thing in the morning signals to him that the path that he's on is different?
写作不再是可有可无的事。
Writing isn't a nice to have.
写作就是我的本质。
Writing is who I am.
每天起床后第二件事就是写作,这向我表明这件事对我很重要,现在它在我的人生道路上创造了什么?
Writing every day as the second thing I do after I am out of bed signals to me that this is something that is important to me, and it now creates a small fork in the road that what?
创造了一条完全不同的道路。
Creates an entirely different path.
这就是你的做法。
That's how you can do it.
你每天真的可以只做一个改变。
You literally can make one change a day.
就这样简单。
That's it.
而且你不需要一个小时。
And you don't need an hour.
你可以每天花十五分钟研究猫咪名字和会吐出意大利冰的自动贩卖机。
You could dedicate fifteen minutes a day to researching cat names and vending machines that that spit out Italian ice.
你可以研究花卉农场,看看它们的利润表是什么样的,人们是如何起步的,需要多长时间。
You could research flower farms and what does the p and l look like and how do people get started and how long does it take.
你可以研究护理或成为急救医疗技术员的在线课程。
You could research online programs for nursing or becoming an EMT.
你可以去滑雪场问问他们,如何成为滑雪巡逻队或滑雪教练。
You could stop by the ski resort and ask them for information about how you become part of ski patrol or a ski instructor.
你可以开始关注旅行博主,每天享用咖啡和早餐时,在开始处理工作邮件前的十五分钟里,研究人们如何起步的故事。
You could start following travel bloggers, and every fifteen minutes as you're enjoying your coffee and eating your breakfast before you log on to work emails, you could be studying the stories of how people got started.
这就是你只需一个改变就能做到的方法。
That's how you do it with just one change.
看,斯坦福大学的教授比尔·伯内特和戴夫·埃文斯真的很聪明。
See, the professors at Stanford, professors Bill Burnett and Dave Evans, they're really smart.
他们不只是让你做梦。
They don't just have you dream.
他们采用这种方法:一旦用这些巧妙而有力的问题打开你的思维,你就被迫思考——哦,原来还有其他选择。
They do this process where once they crack you open with these sneaky, powerful questions, and you're forced to entertain, oh, there are other options here.
哦,我的借口正在阻止我现在做些小事。
Oh, my excuses are keeping me from doing small things now.
哦,还有未完成的事情。
Oh, there's unfinished business.
一旦他们这样打开了你的思维,你就被他们抓住了。
Once they have you cracked open like that, now they gotcha.
现在他们希望你做的事情,他们称之为‘创建原型’。
And now what they want you to do is they call it create a prototype.
这是斯坦福大学里对我让你做的事情的华丽说法,其实就是找出一个小方法来尝试这件事。
That's the fancy word at Stanford for what I'm telling you to do, which is just figure out a small way to experiment with this thing.
那么这可能意味着什么?
So what could that mean?
这意味着你不必等待大事发生。
It means you don't have to wait for the big thing to happen.
你不必明天就彻底改变生活
You don't have to blow up your life tomorrow.
你可以从所有答案中获取线索,然后进行测试
You can take clues from all of your answers and just test them.
这就像进行一个小实验,而你必须这样做
It's just like running a little experiment, and here's how you have to do it.
你可以回听这段内容,回答问题,深入挖掘,圈出任何让你眼前一亮的东西——一个职业想法、一项你想学习的技能、一个你想多相处的人、一项你想投入的爱好,或者只是你想要更多的某种感觉,这些就是你的素材
You can go back, relisten to this, answer the questions, dig in deep, and circle anything that made you perk up, a career idea, a skill you wanna learn, a person you wanna spend more time with, a hobby that you wanna engage in, or just a feeling that you want more of, and there's your material.
现在选一个,问问自己:有什么低成本、低风险的方式可以探索这个想法?
And now pick one and ask yourself, what's a small low stakes way that I could explore that?
比如,如果你写下想搬到别处居住——现在大家都热衷于蒙大拿州——你的原型可能就是报名参加一次短途旅行。
If you wrote down, for example, that you would love to live somewhere else, everyone's all hot on Montana right now, your prototype might be signing up for a short trip.
但如果负担不起,目前预算不允许,也没关系。
But if you can't afford that, it's not in the budget right now, no problem.
何不找位当地居民聊聊,了解那里的真实情况?
How about talking to somebody who already lives there to get a sense of what it's like?
或者这里有个更简单的原型测试方法。
Or here's an even easier way to prototype this.
打开谷歌街景视图。
Go to street view on Google.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
打开谷歌地图。
Go to Google Maps.
点击街景视图。
Click on street view.
就像开车兜风一样,在风景中畅游。
And just cruise through the landscape as if you're in a car cruising around.
因为也许你会沉浸其中,体验这个原型,然后突然意识到:等等,
Because maybe you're gonna cruise in there and prototype this and be like, wait.
这个镇子只有两个街区那么长?
This town is only two blocks long?
这和我想象的不一样。
This isn't what I imagined.
或者,哦,这里看起来并不像《黄石》剧集里那样。
Or, oh, this doesn't really look like that, series Yellowstone.
我原本想象的是另一番景象。
I was kind of imagining something else.
又或许你会惊叹:天哪。
Or maybe it'll be like, oh my gosh.
我心花怒放。
My heart is singing.
我得想办法搬到那里去。
I gotta find a way to move there.
我得想办法攒点钱去那里旅行,而不是每周挥霍在酒吧和网购那些无关紧要的东西上。
I gotta find a way to save some money and go on a trip there instead of blowing it every week and going out on the bars and buying things online that don't matter.
看到这开始奏效了吗?
See how this starts to work?
因为你突然之间就在提升那些重要的事物。
Because now you all of a sudden are elevating what matters.
于是你的时间、精力和金钱现在变得重要起来。
And so your time and energy and money now become important.
因为当你明白什么重要时,你也会开始看清什么不重要。
Because now that you see what matters, you start to see what doesn't matter.
你会开始发现自己浪费在哪些事情上的时间、金钱和精力,这意味着你可以收回这些资源,开始为真正重要的事情储蓄。
You start to see what you're wasting time and money and energy on, and that means you can claw it back and start saving it for some of the things that matter.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。