本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是iHeart播客。
This is an iHeart podcast.
保证真人制作。
Guaranteed Human.
嗨,凯尔。
Hi, Kyle.
你能帮我起草一份简单的商业计划书吗?就一页,用Google文档格式,然后把链接发给我?
Could you draw up a quick document with the basic business plan, just one page, as a Google Doc, and send me the link?
谢谢。
Thanks.
嘿。
Hey.
刚给你把那份一页纸的商业计划书弄好了。
Just finished drawing up that quick one page business plan for you.
这是链接。
Here's the link.
但根本没有链接。
But there was no link.
根本没有商业计划。
There was no business plan.
我还没来得及给凯尔编程实现这个功能。
I hadn't programmed Kyle to be able to do that yet.
我是埃文·拉蒂夫,今天带来一个关于人工智能时代创业的故事。
I'm Evan Ratliff here with a story of entrepreneurship in the AI age.
请听我如何尝试用虚构的人打造一家真实的初创公司。
Listen as I attempt to build a real startup run by fake people.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用程序或您收听播客的任何平台收听我的播客《壳牌游戏》第二季。
Check out the second season of my podcast, Shell Game, on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
这里是幸福实验室的劳里·桑托斯博士。
Doctor Laurie Santos from the Happiness Lab here.
这是给予的季节,今年我的播客《幸福实验室》与非营利组织 GiveDirectly 合作,参与‘ Pods 抗贫行动’,为极度贫困人口提供他们所需的现金援助。
It's the season of giving, and this year, my podcast, the Happiness Lab, is partnering with GiveDirectly, a nonprofit that provides people in extreme poverty with the cash they need as part of the Pods Fight Poverty campaign.
我们今年的目标是筹集100万美元,这将帮助700多个家庭摆脱极端贫困。
Our goal this year is to raise $1,000,000, which will bring over 700 families out of extreme poverty.
您的捐赠将直接把现金交到这些需要帮助的家庭手中,他们会决定如何使用这笔钱,无论是用于上学交通、购买牲畜,还是创业。
Your donation will put cash directly in the hands of these families in need, and they'll get to decide how to use it, whether that's school transportation, purchasing livestock, or starting a business.
此外,如果您是首次捐赠者,您的善款将由Giving Multiplier匹配捐赠,这意味着能为需要帮助的人提供更多的资金。
Plus, if you're a first time donor, your gift will be matched by Giving Multiplier, which means more money for those in need.
请访问 givedirectly.org/happinesslab 了解更多信息并进行捐赠。
Visit givedirectly.org/happinesslab to learn more and to donate.
网址是 givedirectly.org/happinesslab。
That's givedirectly.org/happinesslab.
父亲传给儿子的那些循环模式是什么?
What are the cycles fathers passed down that sons are left to heal?
如果做男人不是关于强撑一切,而是学会放手呢?
What if being a man wasn't about holding it all together, but learning how to let go?
这是一个男性坦诚交流、找到疗愈与转变力量的空间。
This is a space where men speak truth and find the power to heal and transform.
我是迈克·德拉罗查。
I'm Mike Della Rocha.
欢迎来到神圣课程。
Welcome to Sacred Lessons.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听《神圣课程》。
Listen to Sacred Lessons on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你好。
Hi.
我是拉迪·德夫卢基亚,我是《一场很棒的哭泣》播客的主持人。
I'm Radhi DeVlukia, and I am the host of A Really Good Cry podcast.
本周,我邀请到了安娜·伦克尔,她也被称为“糟糕童年仙子”,是一位创作者、导师和引导者,帮助人们疗愈来自不安全或混乱童年的持久情感创伤。
This week, I am joined by Anna Runkle, also known as the Crappy Childhood Fairy, a creator, teacher, and guide helping people heal from the lasting emotional wounds of unsafe or chaotic childhoods.
但谈论创伤并不总是对人有益。
But talking about trauma isn't always great for people.
这并不总是最好的方式。
It's not always the best thing.
大约三分之一在童年时期遭受创伤的人,当他们谈论这些经历时,反而会感觉更糟,变得极度失衡。
About a third of people who are traumatized as kids feel worse when they talk about it, get very dysregulated.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《一次真正的好哭》。
Listen to A Really Good Cry on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
我其实并没有上节目的兴趣。
I didn't really have an interest of being on air.
我当时只是想混进去,潜入那栋大楼。
I kinda was up there to just try and infiltrate the building.
从塑造全球音乐的地下俱乐部,到构建文化帝国的牧师和创作者,《亚特兰大耳语》播客揭示了这个世界最具影响力城市背后的故事。
From the underground clubs that shaped global music to the pastors and creators who built the cultural empire, the Atlanta Ears podcast uncovers the stories behind one of the most influential cities in the world.
我热爱亚特兰大的地方在于,这是一座充满拼搏者的城市。
The thing I love about Atlanta is that it's a city of hustlers, man.
每一集都探索亚特兰大崛起的不同篇章,对话嘉宾包括 Ludacris、Will Packer、牧师 Jamal Bryant、DJ Drama 等。
Each episode explores a different chapter of Atlanta's rise, featuring conversations with Ludacris, Will Packer, pastor Jamal Bryant, DJ Drama, and more.
完整系列现已上线,可随时收听。
The full series is available to listen to now.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或您收听播客的任何平台收听《Atlanta Ears》。
Listen to Atlanta Ears on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
我是杰玛·斯派克,欢迎回到《二十岁的心理》播客,我们将探讨二十岁期间最重要的变化、时刻与转折,以及它们对我们的心理意味着什么。
I'm Gemma Spike, and welcome back to the psychology of your twenties, the podcast where we talk through the biggest changes, moments, and transitions of our twenties and what they mean for our psychology.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
欢迎回到节目。
Welcome back to the show.
欢迎回到播客。
Welcome back to the podcast.
新听众、老听众,无论你们身在世界何处,都非常
New listeners, on listeners, wherever you are in the world, it is so
高兴你们回到这里
great to have you here back for
又是一期节目,当然,我们会深入剖析二十多岁的心理。在这个十年里创业,尤其是在这个十年里创办一家成功的企业,是我知道你们很多人共同的目标。
another episode as we, of course, break down the psychology of our twenties, Starting a business during this decade, starting a successful business in this decade is a big goal that I know a lot of you guys have.
我经常收到关于这方面的建议请求,或者希望邀请一位嘉宾,给我们一些不加掩饰、直截了当的建议,告诉我们如何构思创意、如何执行创意、如何处理资金和投资问题。
I so often get requests for advice on this or to bring somebody on who can give us some no bullshit straight shooting advice on what it takes, how to formulate an idea, how to execute an idea, how to handle money, investment stuff.
今天,我非常幸运地请到了一位嘉宾,她能为我们详细讲解所有这些内容。
Today, I am so lucky to have that somebody on the podcast who can talk us through all of these things.
布里特尼·桑德斯是Fate the Label的创始人兼首席执行官。
Britney Saunders is the founder and CEO of Fate the Label.
这是一个标志性的澳大利亚服装品牌,在近年来迅速崛起,而她正是在二十多岁时创办了这家公司。
It is an iconic Australian clothing brand, iconic, that has exploded in recent years, and she started this business in her twenties.
我非常兴奋能邀请她来,听她分享自己的故事。
I'm so excited to have her on and to hear her story.
布里特尼·桑德斯,欢迎来到《你的二十多岁心理学》。
Brittany Saunders, welcome to the psychology of your twenties.
谢谢你邀请我,盖玛。
Thanks for having me, Gemma.
我觉得你的声音特别平静。
I feel like your, your voice is so calming.
别人经常对你说这个吗?
Do people say that to you?
是的。
They do.
是的。
They do.
但我不知道为什么,我觉得自己的声音其实很烦人。
I don't know what it is, though, because I find my voice really irritating.
但我感觉
But I feel like
我需要模仿你说话的方式
I need to match the way that you talk
所以我们不能。
so that we can No.
我其实不是那样的。
I'm not really that.
因为我的声音天生就很大。
Because my voice is, like, naturally very loud.
而且
And
然后你就变得非常平静。
then you're being really calm.
所以我觉得我需要
So I'm like, I think I need to
要善良。
be kind.
嗯。
Yeah.
大家好。
Hi, everybody.
嗯,我刚才说,我喜欢在之前喝点茶。
Well, I I was saying, like, I love having tea before this.
我觉得我喜欢 podcast 上再来一个澳大利亚人。
Was like, I love having another Australian on the podcast.
我觉得你需要找点傻瓜来。
I feel like you need to get some moron.
我知道我得。
I know I do.
我得。
I do.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我确实做很多事,但就像今年,就是还没发生。
I I I do a lot, but, like, just this year, I just have just hasn't happened.
不过,如果你能混合不同地方的人,这还挺酷的。
That's kinda cool, though, if you're mixing it up and getting people from all over the world.
但我总觉得人们总是说,天哪。
But I feel like people always say, oh my god.
是啊。
Yeah.
你没有很强的澳大利亚口音。
Like, you don't have a strong Australian accent.
而我觉得我有。
And I'm like, I think I do.
但听到你的口音
But hearing your accent
我的口音很重。
Mine's pretty strong.
是啊。
Yeah.
我很喜欢。
And I love it.
我想,哦,也许我真的应该回归我的根源。
I'm like, oh, maybe I should really maybe I should get back to my roots.
是的。
Yeah.
操
The fuck
我是。
I am.
真正地融入
Really get
其中。
into it.
你知道的吗?
You know?
比如,真正地投入
Like, really put
我们可以在这集的其余部分再聊这个。
us We can talk about that the rest of the episode.
不行。
No.
而且
And
大家都转过身去
everybody turns
关掉了。
it off.
下载内容也没了。
And the downloads are gone.
是的。
Yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
好吧,给我讲讲你的故事吧。
Well, tell me a little bit about your story.
我觉得我有点跑题了。
I feel like I'm gonna get ahead of myself.
你小时候想长大后做什么?
What did you wanna be when you grew up?
你在哪里长大的?
Where did you grow up?
Brit 的历史是怎样的?
What's, like, the history of Brit?
我来自纽卡斯尔,如果你不熟悉或者听众中有人不知道的话,这是一个位于悉尼以北两小时车程的小型地区城市,或者如果从悉尼的不同地方出发,可能需要两个半小时,因为悉尼实在太大了。
So I am from Newcastle, which if you're not familiar or anyone listening, it's a little regional city two hours north of Sydney or maybe two and a half depending on what part of Sydney you're coming from because Sydney is massive.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以我是个土生土长的纽卡斯尔女孩。
So I'm a born and bred Newi gal.
我十几岁末到二十岁出头的时候,曾住在澳大利亚各地。
I lived, like, around Australia in my late teens and early twenties.
简而言之,我在高中时发现了YouTube这个网站,觉得这看起来很有趣。
And a long story short is in high school, I discovered this website called YouTube, and I thought that looks fun.
于是我把它当作爱好开始做,并贯穿了整个高中时期。
So I just started that as a hobby and did it all throughout high school.
我16岁就辍学去当服务员,因为我讨厌上学。
I dropped out of school when I was 16 to be a waitress because I hated being at school.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我对学校毫无兴趣。
I had no interest in school.
我在学校并不差。
I wasn't bad in school.
其实我挺不错的,尤其是在十年级时,选修的那些科目上。
Like, I was actually pretty good and especially, like, in year 10, like, at the subjects that I chose.
但我就是完全不想待在那里。
But I just, like, had no interest in being there.
我觉得从年轻时起,当你还是青少年时,所有的老师和职业顾问都会告诉你,你现在就得弄清楚自己这辈子想做什么。
And I feel like from a young age, like, when you're a teenager, you're kind of told by all of your teachers and the careers adviser, you know, you gotta figure out what it is that you wanna do for the rest of your life right now.
可我才15岁啊。
And it's like, I am 15.
我连耳垂都还没长出来呢。
I don't even have a lobe to develop.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像,这
Like, it's
根本不存在。
not there.
我清楚地记得,上九年级时刚升入十年级,而且我那年还特别小。
I just so vividly remember being in, like, year nine and going into year 10, and I was a year young for my year as well.
嗯。
Yeah.
所以当我升入十年级时,我们被介绍给了学校的生涯顾问。
So I was going into year 10 and, you know, you'd have we like, we got introduced to the school careers adviser.
嗯。
Yeah.
你们有吗?
Did you have one
那个吗?
of those?
他们会让你做这样一个测验。
And they used to make you do this quiz.
你做过这个测验吗?
Did you do this quiz?
就是,有十页纸,问你长大后想做什么?
Like, this it was, like, 10 pages, and it was, what what are you gonna be when you grow up?
嗯。
Yeah.
这简直是糟糕透顶的消息。
And it's, like, just terrible news.
我记得那时候我觉得自己完全不知道想做什么。
And I remember back then thinking I have no idea what I wanna do.
真的完全没头绪。
Like, I had no idea.
我对上大学这件事毫无兴趣。
I had no interest in the idea of going to uni.
我记得当时我学校里的所有朋友都知道自己会上大学,以后当护士,因为她们妈妈是护士,或者想当老师之类的。
And I remember all my friends in school at the time, like, they knew that they were gonna go to uni and become a a nurse because their mom was a nurse or whatever, or they wanna be a teacher.
我记得去职业顾问那里时,想着并说,我不知道自己想做什么,然后随便说了一个很随机的职业。
And I remember going to the careers adviser and, thinking and saying, I don't know what it is that I wanna do and something really random.
有一阵子,他试图向我推销参军入预备役的想法。
At one point, he, was trying to sell the idea to me of going into the army reserves.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我刚刚起鸡皮疙瘩了,因为我也经历过同样的事。
I just got chills because that happened to me as well.
我真的起鸡皮疙瘩了。
I genuinely just got chills.
我不是在开玩笑。
I'm not even joking.
你起鸡皮疙瘩了。
You got goosebumps.
我起鸡皮疙瘩是因为我也经历过这件事。
I got goosebumps because that happened to me.
他们说你真的应该去加入
They were like, you should really join
陆军预备役。
the army reserves.
而且我
And I
我当时就想,我哪里让你觉得这
was like, what part of me makes you think that that's
是个好主意?
a good idea?
我不是那个年轻女孩。
I'm not this young girl.
嗯。
Yeah.
完全没概念。
Like, no clue.
我不知道他们是不是被 incentivized 了。
And I don't know if they were, like, incentivized.
也许那就是我刚才想的,旧宣传册
Maybe that's what I was just like, old brochures
还有模板,他把所有的都交给了我。
and templates, and he's handing them all to me.
我当时就想,哦,好吧。
And I was like, oh, okay.
也许这就是我想做的事。
Maybe this is what I wanna do.
于是我去参加了某个职业日,哦。
So then I went to some, like, career day at Oh
我的天。
my god.
比如军队,好像是在Advo之类的。
Like, the army Like, at Advo or something.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以我完全没概念。
And so, like, I just had no idea.
我申请了几个美发学徒职位,因为你知道,到了十年级,大家都退学去当美容师或美发师了。
I applied for a couple of, like, hairdressing apprenticeships because you know how, like, when you get to year 10, everyone's dropping out to go become a beauty therapist or a hairdresser.
我当时就想,嗯,对。
I was like, yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
这就是我想做的事。
That's what I wanna do.
嗯。
Yeah.
于是我参加了几次试工,想成为一年级学徒。
So I went and did a couple of trials to become a first year, apprentice.
你做那份工作时每天工作多少小时?
How many hours did you work when you were doing that?
太多了。
Just so many.
对吧?
Right?
或者
Or
嗯。
Yeah.
我觉得,有一次试工是一周。
I think, like, one trial was a week.
哇。
Woah.
无薪的。
Unpaid.
无薪?
Unpaid?
嗯。
Yeah.
那时候。
Back then.
我觉得你得拿报酬
I think you have to get paid
才能得到它。
for it.
我都不知道。
I don't even know.
我真不觉得他们会做出这种事。
I I honestly wouldn't put it past them.
那时候,是的,我记得我一分钱都没拿到,就在那儿干了一周,只负责扫地和泡茶。
Back then, yeah, I remember I got paid nothing, and all I did was sweep floors and make cups of tea for a week at this one place.
最后他们给了我一大包洗发水和护发素。
Then they handed me, like, a big pack of shampoo and conditioner at the end.
他们说,对不起。
They said, sorry.
你没得到那份工作。
You didn't get the job.
我当时就在那儿,哭得稀里哗啦。
And I'm there, like, crying.
但现在回过头看,我真的很庆幸那事儿没成。
But looking back now, like, I'm so glad that never worked out.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以,是的,我当时在纽卡斯尔当服务员,同时在做我的YouTube频道,就退学了。
So, yeah, dropped out when I was just waitressing in Newcastle, was working on my YouTube channel.
我十几岁到二十岁出头时,做过二十多份不同的工作,涉足各个行业,只是想弄清楚自己到底想做什么。
I had over 20 different jobs in my teens and into my early twenties and worked in every industry because I was just trying to figure out what it was that I wanted to do.
做YouTube。
Doing the YouTube.
在那些青少年后期,我还尝试了一些当时并不知道是生意的事情,但我只觉得那是一些小爱好之类的。
And then throughout those late teen years, I also dabbled in what I didn't know at the time were businesses, but I just thought they were like little hobbies or something.
你知道的吧?
You know?
嗯。
Yeah.
所以我做过移动式喷雾美黑,后来我在家开了个小喷雾美黑生意,因为我家房子下面有个割草机储藏室。
So I did, like, mobile spray tans, and then I set up a little spray tan business at home because I had this, like, lawnmower storage underneath my house.
这真的很聪明。
Like That's very smart.
我家建在斜坡上,你知道的,后面房子下面有个木门,然后是个砖砌的房间。
It was, like, on a sloping block, and then you knew how there'd be, like, the wooden door and then, like, a brick room under the back of the house.
嗯。
Yeah.
这特别澳大利亚。
This is a very Australian thing.
嗯。
Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
为什么?
Why?
嗯。
Yeah.
我以前总是路过这些地方,心想:里面困着孩子。
I used to always walk past these and be like, there are children trapped in there.
嗯。
Yeah.
你懂我的意思吧?
You know what I mean?
我当时
I was
嗯,我就在里面做小便喷雾晒黑。
Well, like I in there doing pee finkle spray tans.
嗯
Well
所以我在那里开了个生意。
So I set up a business there.
那时候我大概是17或18岁。
I would have been 17 or 18 at the time.
我自学了化妆,还在YouTube上做了一些化妆内容。
Taught myself how to do makeup and was doing a bit of makeup on YouTube and stuff.
后来我就做自由职业化妆师。
So then I was doing freelance makeup.
我尝试在Facebook上装饰并销售手机壳。
Tried decorating and selling iPhone cases on Facebook.
在那些早期的成长岁月里,我做了太多事情,只是觉得它们很有趣。
There were just so many things that I did in those early developmental years that I just thought were, like, fun.
你知道,我从来没从这些事情里赚到钱。
You know, I never really made any money out of them.
然后我的YouTube频道真正开始火了。
And then my YouTube kinda really kicked off.
你还记得那个视频吗?
Do you remember the video?
那不是视频。
It wasn't a video.
因为我从15岁开始就一直在做,一直做到21岁,这有多少年了?
It's because I'd been doing it for years, like, from ages of 15 up until 21, which is how many years?
六年?
Six?
大概六年吧。
Like, six years.
对。
Yeah.
所以从15岁到21岁,我的粉丝数从零增长到了八万。
So from, yeah, about 15 years old to 21, I went from zero subscribers to 80,000.
那时候,那可算是个大事。
And back then, that was kinda like a big deal.
哦,那现在也是大事。
Oh, that's still a big deal.
是啊。
Yeah.
但那时候,我记得是YouTube的早期阶段。
But back then, I remember, like, the OG YouTube days.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以当我21岁的时候,拥有8万订阅者确实是个了不起的成就。
And so to have 80,000 subscribers was, like, kind of a big deal when I was 21.
我当时在纽卡斯尔全职做行政工作,靠广告赚了一点钱,而那时Instagram也出现了。
And I was working full time in an admin role in Newcastle, and I was just earning, like, a little bit of money off the ads, and then this is when Instagram had come out as well.
所以我在Instagram上大概有两万粉丝。
So I had maybe 20,000 followers on Instagram.
我开始接到报酬,一条Instagram帖子能赚50美元,有的能赚100美元。
And I started getting paid, like, $50 for an Instagram post, a $100 for an Instagram post.
你知道的,就是举着蛋白粉贴在脸旁边之类的。
You know, just, like, holding up a protein powder next to my face or whatever.
那时候内容有多没劲啊?
How, like, how low energy it used to be?
是啊。
Yes.
我当时有
I would I had it
那时候。
back then.
那时候我合作过的一个品牌是Protein World。
It was, like, one brand that I worked with back then was Protein World.
我不知道你还记不记得那个。
I don't know if you remember that.
他们当时有个什么纤体奶昔之类的玩意儿。
And they had, like, this slender shake or some shit.
哦,经典。
Oh, classic.
那会儿还是‘瘦瘦茶’的时代。
It was in, like, the skinny me tea days.
对。
Yeah.
我刚刚就在想这个。
I was just thinking that.
对。
Yeah.
我肯定也发过那种排毒茶的推广帖。
I'm pretty sure I did, one of those detox tea posts too.
而且,你真的会收到产品,然后我就拿着它贴在脸旁边,摆个笑脸自拍发到Instagram上,就能赚个150美元。
And, like, you would literally get sent the product, and I would just hold it next to my face and smile in a selfie and put that on Instagram, and I'd get, like, a $150.
所以那正是所谓的‘嗯’。
And so that was, like, the Yeah.
所以那正是我通过Instagram赚钱、顺便从YouTube广告中赚点钱的开始。
So that was the start of me, like, earning money through Instagram and obviously making a bit off the YouTube ads.
再说一遍,长话短说,21岁时,我看了看自己通过YouTube和Instagram赚的钱,其实根本没多少。
And, again, long story short, but at the age of 21, I kind of looked at the money that I was earning through my YouTube and Instagram, which was nothing.
当时我住在一间合租房里,和另外三个人一起,每周房租100美元,汽油60美元,杂货50美元。
And I was living in a share house at the time with, like, three other people, paying, like, a $100 a week rent, $60 on petrol, $50 on groceries back then.
我记得算了一下,好吧。
I remember working out, okay.
这就是我生活的开销。
This is how much it cost me to live.
我要辞掉全职工作,试着把YouTube做成我的全职事业。
I'm gonna quit my full time job and try to make this YouTube thing my full time job.
最坏能怎么样呢,嗯。
What's the worst that's gonna happen Yeah.
如果这行不通,我就去再找一份工作,因为我那时候已经换过二十多份工作了。
If this doesn't work out, I will just go and get another job because I've had over 20 by this point.
没错。
Yep.
从那以后我就一直自己创业。
And I've been working for myself ever since.
所以这已经挺棒了。
So it's been Yay.
现在已经十一年了。
Eleven years now.
哇。
Wow.
我现在三十二岁了。
I'm 32 now.
而且,显然,YouTube之后彻底火了。
And, obviously, the YouTube then absolutely boomed.
三年内,我从八万订阅者增长到了一百万。
In in three years, that 80,000 subscribers I built to a million.
然后我就成了澳大利亚第一批网红中的一员,这感觉太不真实了。
And then I was like a full blown influencer in that first, like, wave of influencers in Australia, which was so surreal.
现在回头看,这一切都感觉不真实。
Looking back on now, it just doesn't feel real.
你在那段时间里最酷的经历是什么?为了打破第四面墙,呃,你比我小多少岁?
What was the coolest thing you got to do whilst you were because to break the fourth wall, like, was well, I'm how much younger than you?
我比你小七岁。
I'm seven years younger.
没错。
Yep.
我记得我上高中的时候。
So I remember being in high school.
所以你当时是个小少年?
So you were a little teenager?
我当时是个青少年,我知道你是谁。
I was a teenager, and I knew who you were.
是的。
Yeah.
你就是那种,堪称偶像女孩之一。
You were like, this is the you were like the one of, like, the it girls.
是的。
Yeah.
就是那个澳洲的‘Bogan’女孩。
Like, the the Aussie it the Bogan one.
哦,好吧。
Oh, well.
因为那正是美妆博主盛行的时代。
Because that was in the era of, like, beauty guru.
我知道还有其他很多人。
And I know it's there's all these others.
就像那个
Like, there was that
女孩罗斯·柯蒂斯,克洛伊·莫雷洛斯。
girl Ross Curtis, Chloe Morelos.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
什么都看。
Saw everything.
格里门,克洛伊·扎恩。
Grimmen, Chloe Zayn.
然后我就想,你他娘的怎么做到的?
And then there was me going, how the fuck are you?
然后每个人都会说,她是那个土妞。
And then everyone would go, she's the Bogan one.
我的天。
Oh my god.
一直忠于自己。
Just always stayed true to myself.
嗯。
Yeah.
你
You
知道吗?
know?
我真的做到了。
I really did.
那时候最不真实的事情,大概就是和品牌一起旅行的各种机会了。
The most surreal thing back then probably would have just been all the opportunities of traveling with brands.
比如,当Nars化妆品推出新款睫毛膏时,被带去西班牙参加全球品牌之旅。
Like, getting taken to Spain with Nars Cosmetics for a global brand trip when they were launching a new mascara.
只是为了让他们推出Red Climax睫毛膏,就专门飞去西班牙待了三天。
Just going all the way to Spain for three days just for them to launch the Red Climax mascara.
顺便说一下,那可是相当经典的。
Which by the way but that's kind of iconic.
是的。
Yeah.
我有这支睫毛膏。
I have that mascara.
嗯。
Yeah.
我到现在还留着。
I still have it.
我们去参加了它的发布会。
We went to the launch of that.
你知道吗?
That you know what?
整个经济体系里,很多人都觉得,像影响者和内容创作这类工作,根本不算正经工作。
This is just this whole economy where people think that, like, influencing and, like, content creation, like, that's not a real job.
就是,不是这样的。
It's like, no.
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
这些行业的背后资金高达数十亿。
Like, the money behind these industries is billions
数十亿、数十亿、数十亿美元。
and billions and billions of dollars.
说得对。
Exactly right.
自从我那时候做这些以来,变化已经很大了。
And it's changed a lot since back then when I did all of that.
整个行业完全不一样了。
Like, the industry as a whole is completely different.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我想那时候我们很幸运,因为我们所做的是令人向往的。
And I guess back then, we were lucky because what we were doing was aspirational.
天哪。
It was like, oh my god.
你听说布兰妮去旅行了吗?就是那个塔特旅行,去海曼岛的那种?
Did you see Britney got to go on the trip and with Tart trips, you know, to Hayman Island?
天哪。
Oh my god.
我记得那些事。
I remember those.
是啊。
Yeah.
塔特旅行。
Tart trips.
那时候很酷,因为那是全新的,整个影响者时代才刚刚开始。
It was, like, cool because it was new, and it was this whole new era of influencing.
然后影响力人物被选中,大家都几乎感到兴奋。
And then influences got picked, and then everyone was almost, like, excited.
哦,这太酷了。
Like, oh, this is so cool.
而如今,由于我在这个行业待了这么久,当品牌举办品牌旅行时,人们却会说:这真是不合时宜。
Whereas it's been so interesting now to have been around for so long where a brand will do a brand trip now and people go, this is tone deaf.
你知道吗?
You know?
他们都已经厌倦了。
Like, They're they're sick of it.
他们会觉得:这也太明显了吧?你前几天看到那件事了吗?
They're like, this is too on a did you see this thing the other day?
那简直就像在展示生活核心。
It was like having a life core
或者根本不是这样?
Or it's like No?
我前几天看到一篇帖子,说我们不想要遥不可及的东西。
I I saw this post about this the other day where it's like, we don't want unattainable things.
人们正在回归真实的生活,没错。
Like, people are moving back to, like, the authentic Yeah.
这种内容是关于那些遥不可及的东西的
Like, content of, like, this is unattainable kind
这类东西。
of kind thing.
去看日常生活。
To see just everyday life.
没错。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
人们去上班,然后记录下来。
People going to work and then documenting that.
但我觉得自己很幸运,因为我赶上了澳大利亚这一波影响的初期,那时候一切都新鲜又酷炫。
But I guess I feel lucky that I was in that kind of first wave of influences in Australia because it was new and it was cool.
大家都说:天哪。
And everyone's like, oh my god.
这简直是完美的目标。
This is amazing goals.
好的。
Okay.
所以,你经历了一段了不起的旅程,一段有趣的旅程。
So this is this, like, amazing journey you've been on, a fun journey.
你是什么时候决定不再做网红的?
Like, when did you decide to quit influencing?
你是什么时候第一次产生‘命运’这个想法的?
And when did you first get the idea for fate?
所以,‘命运’这个想法大概是在我23到24岁的时候产生的。
So the idea of fate came about probably around the age of 23 to 24.
现在人们总是会看Fate,问:你的商业计划是什么?
And, people will always look at Fate now and go, oh, like, what was your business plan?
你一定早就把一切都安排得井井有条,才能有Fate今天的成就。
Like, you must have had, you know, all of your ducks in a row to like, looking at what Fate is today.
但我总是说,当我刚开始做Fate时,就像我在家楼下做喷雾美黑一样。
But I always say, when I started Fate, it was much like when I started the spray tans under my house.
那根本不是什么宏伟的计划。
It was not this big grand plan.
我尝试过很多其他小生意。
I dabbled in lots of other small little businesses.
我觉得Fate和进入电商领域唯一的不同是我年纪大了一点。
I think the only difference with Fate and going into the world of ecom was I was a little bit older.
我仍然很年轻,但我已经拥有了一批粉丝。
I was still very young, but I also had an audience.
没错。
Yeah.
所以我知道,显然,我已经有这么多人关注我了。
So I knew, obviously, well, I've got all these people following me.
我有超过一百万的YouTube订阅者。
I've got these YouTube subscribers of over a million.
我这里有潜在的客户。
I've got potential customers here.
所以这对我来说是最大的不同,也确实是一个优势。
So that was the biggest difference for me, and it was definitely an advantage.
但这并不意味着我知道如何经营一家企业。
But that doesn't mean that, I knew how to run a business.
也不意味着我知道如何从零开始建立、扩展或维持一家企业,但我拥有这个受众群体。
It didn't mean that I knew how to build one from scratch or scale one or sustain it, but I had that audience.
我是一个典型的想到就去做的人。
And it was very much a I'm like a very think of it and do it person.
比如,我晚上躺在床上,突然冒出一个想法,然后我会想,AJ,我有个点子,第二天就开始行动。
Like, I'll, like, lay in bed at night and then have an idea pop into my head and I'll go, AJ, I've got this idea, and then I'll start doing it tomorrow.
是的。
Yeah.
在命运这个问题上,情况也完全一样。
It was very much the same when it came to fate.
一切都是靠我自己学习的。
It was just learning everything myself.
我想,我年轻时曾与许多品牌合作过。
And I think, like, I had the experience of working with so I work with so many brands, like, in my early twenties.
我有持续的合作关系,品牌每月都会付钱给我,让我发布他们的产品和故事内容。
I had ongoing partnerships where brands were paying me every month to do, you know, a post for their products and stories.
所以,我潜意识里一直想,为什么我不用自己的产品来做这件事,而不是总在推广别人的产品呢?
And so I guess I kinda thought in the back of my mind, why don't I do this but with my own products instead of just always promoting other products?
当我还在做影响者的时候,我甚至回想起,当时YouTuber们会做问答视频。
And when I was influencing, I even think back to, you know, when YouTubers would do, like, a q and a video.
是的。
Yes.
然后你会说,把你的问题发给我,我会做一期问答。
And it'd be like, send me in your questions, and I'll do a q and a.
然后你会说,大家好。
And then you'd be like, hi, guys.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
今天我要做一期问答。
Today, I'm gonna do a q and a.
然后你会收到成千上万条评论,提出各种问题。
And then you would get, like, thousands of comments asking questions.
我记得当时经常有人问的一个问题是:如果没有YouTube这些东西,你会做什么?
And I remember one common question that I would always get back then was what would you do if, you didn't have this YouTube stuff?
那总是会在我的问答视频里出现的问题。
Like, that would always be a question that would come up in my q and a's.
我总是会说,我大概还能翻出我以前的某个视频。
And I would always say and I could probably go back and find one of my old videos.
它们都被归档了。
They're all archived.
但我总是说,我知道我不会永远做这件事。
But I would always say I know that I'm not gonna do this forever.
我知道我不能永远当一个网红,这不可持续。
I knew that it wasn't sustainable for me to be an influencer forever.
我的意思是,我当然可以。
I mean, I definitely could.
我现在依然可以做个彻头彻尾的网红,每天接品牌合作。
I could still be, you know, a full blown influencer now just doing brand deals every day.
但即使在那时,当我处于YouTube事业的巅峰,做着大量网红赞助内容时,我内心始终清楚,我不想一直这样下去。
But, like, even back then, like, when I was in the peak of the YouTube stuff and, like, the influencer sponsored posts, like, I always knew in the back of my mind, I don't wanna do this forever.
我觉得我还有更多想实现或去做的事情。
I felt like I had more that I wanted to achieve or do.
我只是还不知道那是什么。
I just didn't know what it was.
所以当我推出Fate时,并没有一个宏大的构想。
And so when it come to me launching Fate, it wasn't this big grand idea.
我并没有想过要把这个做成一个非常受欢迎的品牌,还会有这么多尺码。
I didn't think I'm gonna turn this into a really popular brand, and we're gonna have all of these sizes.
我只是打算先把这个事情做起来。
It was very much, I'm just gonna start this thing.
我雇了AJ,他是我的合伙人。
I hired AJ, who's my partner.
他是我合作伙伴妈妈的朋友的女儿,来我家帮我做事,因为当时就是在我家做的。
He his mom's family friend's daughter to just come and work with me because it was just at my house.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道的?
You know?
所以我就
So I
就是,嗯。
was like, yeah.
过来吧
Just come
每周来两三天帮我打包订单、处理客服,去邮局信箱取退货。
and work with me, like, two to three days a week and just help me pack the orders and do the customer service and go to the PO box to get our returns.
所以当时完全是自己动手。
And so it was very DIY.
当时AJ是一名电工。
And AJ, he was an electrician at the time.
所以他帮我 setup 一切,比如澳大利亚邮政账户和网站。
So he would just he helped me, like, set everything up and, like, Auspost accounts and website.
我只是学会了如何搭建一个 Shopify 网站。
I just learned how to build a Shopify website.
一切都完全是自己动手。
It was just very DIY.
是的。
Yeah.
当我开始的时候,我没有看到那之后的任何东西。
And I didn't see past that moment when I started it.
你觉得这有帮助吗?
Do you think that was helpful?
是的。
Yeah.
就只是想着,我们现在就来做这个吧?
Just to be like, we're just gonna make this now?
是的。
Yeah.
百分之百。
A 100%.
而且我认为,就像我很早就开始了我的网红之旅一样,我很高兴我在八年前就创办了Fate,因为当时我没有现在可能有人创业时会有的那些期望,我可以想象,对于一个想要进入电商领域、开一家小型Shopify店铺的人来说,那可能会非常令人不知所措。
And I think, again, much like how I started my influencer journey really early, I'm also glad that I started Fate eight years ago because I didn't have all these expectations that maybe someone starting a business now would have because I could imagine it would be really overwhelming for, let's say, someone's wanting to get into e comm and start a little Shopify store.
本集并非由Shopify赞助。
This episode is not sponsored by Shopify.
我知道。
I know
我不行。
I can't No.
但它们真的很好。
But they're they're just really good.
嗯。
Yeah.
它们真的非常有效。
They just work really well.
Shopify用于Fate。
Shopify for Fate.
嗯。
Yeah.
你知道吗,如果我今天从零开始,就像我当初创立Fate时那样,那时候还没有小企业版的TikTok。
You know, if I was starting today and I like, when I started Fate, this was before, like, small business TikTok.
那时候根本不存在这种东西。
Like, there's no such thing as that.
没人会创作关于自己生意的内容。
You know, people no one was creating content about their business.
我记得当初刚创立Fate时,还在想:我不确定能不能把这类内容发到社交媒体上,因为我的观众可能更想看我做Kmart购物 haul 和逛街vlog,你知道的,去西尔斯商场购物那种。
And I even remember back then when I started Fate thinking, oh, like, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to put this, like, on my social media because don't I know if my audience will like this because they want me to do Kmart haul and vlog, you know, going shopping at West yeah.
问答环节。
Q and A.
于是我开始发布一些关于它的短视频,但从来不会展示我家的棚屋,因为那是它最初设立的地方。
And so I started posting a couple little YouTube videos about it, and I would never show my shed at home because that's where it was set up first.
我会上楼到空闲的房间,说这是我的总部和办公室,但从不展示车库,因为我对它感到羞愧。
But I would go upstairs into my spare room, be like, this is my HQ and office, but then I would never show the garage because I was embarrassed of it.
而如今,到了2025年或2026年,如果你在车库里创业,你会把整个过程拍得详尽无比。
Whereas now, like, in 2025 or 2026, you if you were starting a business in your garage, you document the shit out of that.
但也许这正是现在这么难的原因,因为你觉得一切都必须公之于众。
But maybe that's, like, why it's so hard these days because it's, like, you have to get over this this, like it just feels like everything has to be public.
是的。
Yes.
所以所有事情都必须被他人评判。
So all the things have to be perceived.
如果看起来不够好,不够完美……
So if it's not looking great, not looking perfect
那人们就会失败。
Then people fails.
这实在是太显而易见了。
It's like, it's just so visible.
但那时候,因为没人这么做,我就想:哦,我不能给这些人看这些。
But back then, because no one else was doing that, I was like, oh, well, I'm not gonna show these people.
我要让自己显得更认真些。
I'm gonna take me seriously.
但如果我能重来一次,或者现在重新开始,还是从我的卧室和车库里那些塑料收纳箱起步,
But if I could have my time over or if I was starting now and I was still starting in my spare bedroom and all the plastic tubs in my shed
嗯。
Mhmm.
我一定会100%记录下来,因为人们超爱看这些幕后花絮,他们真的喜欢。
I would a 100% document that because people love to see that behind the They do.
而且,简而言之,命运在头几年悄然推动着我们,我们搬了家,第一次在纽卡斯尔租了个小仓库,雇了第二名、第三名员工。
And, again, long story short, fate just grew over those first few years and we moved out, got our first little warehouse in Newcastle, hired employee number two, employee number three.
然后我们有了一个小团队。
Then we had a little team.
2019年,我们开了第一家店,那又是另一个故事了。
In 2019, we opened our first store, and that's a whole other story as well.
但我们开第一家店的唯一原因是我们不得不再次搬家,因为我们不断壮大,而租下的那栋楼一楼正好有个小展示区。
But the only reason that we opened our first store was because we had to move again because we were growing, and the building that we got had a little showroom downstairs.
哦,真酷。
Oh, cool.
所以那就是
So that's
比如,我们来
like, let's
做吧。
do it.
对。
Yeah.
那是2019年,就在新冠疫情之前。
So that was 2019 just before COVID.
我完全不知道该怎么经营一家店,但我就会去谷歌上搜。
Again, I had no idea how to run a store, but I would just get on Google.
这还是在ChatGPT或其他类似工具出现之前,
Again, this is before ChatGPT or anything,
所以我只是在谷歌上搜索
so I was just googling
这些东西。
this stuff.
我只是记得在谷歌上搜索,比如,在澳大利亚用什么点餐系统比较好?
And I just remember googling, like, what's a good point of sale system, like, to have in Australia?
你知道的。
You know?
怎么制作购物袋?
How to get shopping bags made?
我就是在不停地搜索各种东西。
Like, I'm just googling everything.
是的。
Yeah.
我可以隐藏我认识的人,比如家人、朋友之类的。
I can hide, like, people I knew, family, friends, or whatever.
我们刚开店时,大部分时间都是我自己在店里干活。
And, like, I just worked in the shop myself most of the time when we first opened.
当我开这家店时,我根本没打算再开第二家。
And when I opened that store, I had no intentions of ever opening another one.
这八年来,一切都像自然滚雪球一样,命运把我们带到了今天的位置。
It's just been like this natural snowball effect over the eight years of fate that it's gotten us to where we are today.
但这一切都始于我心想:好吧,我就试试这个。
But it all started from me just going, yeah, I'm gonna give this thing a go.
就像一步一个脚印的心态。
And just like the one foot in front of the neck kinda mentality.
你越是做那些让你吓破胆的事情,就越会有所收获。我记得当时觉得:好吧,我家的双车车库已经装不下了。
And the more that you do things that obviously scare the crap out of you like, I remember when I thought, okay, we're outgrowing my little double garage at home.
我想我需要租一个商用店面了。
I think I need to get a a commercial lease.
钱。
Like, money.
是的。
Yeah.
我当时四处查看,我们租的那间大约100平方米,挺小的。
It was I was looking around and the one that we got, it was, like, a 100 square meters, like, quite small.
嗯。
Yeah.
我记得租金大概是每年35000美元。
And I think the rent was, like, $35,000 a year.
我只记得当时想着,我有一个员工。
And I just remember thinking, well, I've got my one employee.
我还得按小时支付她的工资。
I'm having to pay her casual.
然后我还得每年付35000美元。
And then I'm gonna have to pay $35 a year.
如果我们赚不到钱怎么办?
What if we don't make money?
或者如果人们不再从我们这里购买了怎么办?
Or what if people just stop buying from us?
你知道的吧?
You know?
但即使吓得要死,你还是会去承担这个风险。
But you take that risk even though it scares the crap out of you.
然后你就搬进去。
Then you move in.
你心想,天啊。
You go, oh my god.
这居然真的行得通。
Like, this is working.
然后你就迈向下一步。
Then you move on to the next step.
只有当你真正做出这些决定、承担这些风险时,才会很快意识到,只要你迈出这一步,伟大的事情就会发生。
And it's not until you actually make those decisions and take those risks that you'll soon realize great things can happen if you just take that step.
哦,没错。
Oh, yeah.
我们需要在这里休息一下。
We need to take a break here.
我要是再问下去,脑袋都要炸了,好吧。
I'm gonna I'm gonna get over get over my head with questions Okay.
如果我现在不休息的话。
If I don't take a break now.
所以我们现在休息一下,然后我想聊聊这种感觉,好吗。
So we're gonna take a break here, and then I wanna talk about this feeling Okay.
就是当你觉得时机成熟时,你犯过哪些错误?谷歌没教过你哪些东西?
Of, like, you know when the time is right, what were some of the mistakes you made, what are some of the things Google didn't teach you.
所以请继续关注。
So stick around.
我们马上回来。
We'll be right back.
我是调查记者梅丽莎·乔尔森。
I'm investigative journalist Melissa Jolson.
我的新播客《纳什维尔发生了什么》讲述了辅助生殖诊所灾难性崩溃以及患者们在随之而来的混乱中团结起来的故事。
My new podcast, what happened in Nashville, tells the story of an IVF clinic's catastrophic collapse and the patients who banded together in the chaos that followed.
我们有一些突发新闻要告诉你们。
We have some breaking news to tell you about.
田纳西州总检察长正在起诉一位纳什维尔的医生。
Tennessee's attorney general is suing a Nashville doctor.
2024年4月,一家纳什维尔的生育诊所一夜之间关闭,超过一千个冷冻胚胎被锁在门内。
In April 2024, a fertility clinic in Nashville shut down overnight, and trapped behind locked doors were more than a thousand frozen embryos.
我吓坏了。
I was terrified.
在我们整个经历中,那是最糟糕的时刻。
Out of all of our journey, that was the worst moment ever.
最糟糕的。
Ever.
那时我根本没有意识到接下来会爆发怎样的争斗。
At that point, it didn't occur to me what fight was going to come to follow.
但这个故事不仅仅关乎几个家庭的未来。
But this story isn't just about a few families' futures.
它关乎现代生育护理的承诺是否真的值得信赖。
It's about whether the promise of modern fertility care can be trusted at all.
我再怎么抗争都没用。
It doesn't matter how much I fight.
我再怎么为这一切哭泣都没用。
Doesn't matter how much I cry over all of this.
我们获得再多正义也没用。
It doesn't matter how much justice we get.
这些都无法让我怀孕。
None of it's gonna get me pregnant.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《纳什维尔发生了什么》。
Listen to What Happened in Nashville on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嗨,凯尔。
Hi, Kyle.
你能帮我起草一份简单的商业计划书吗?就一页,用谷歌文档,然后把链接发给我?
Could you draw up a quick document with the basic business plan, just one page, as a Google Doc, and send me the link?
谢谢。
Thanks.
嘿,我刚给你把那份一页纸的商业计划书弄好了。
Hey, just finished drawing up that quick one page business plan for you.
这是链接。
Here's the link.
但根本没链接。
But there was no link.
也没看到什么商业计划书。
There was no business plan.
这不怪他。
It's not his fault.
我还没给凯尔编程让他能做这个呢。
I hadn't programmed Kyle to be able to do that yet.
我叫埃德蒙·拉利夫。
My name is Edmund Ratliff.
在听了OpenAI首席执行官萨姆·阿尔特曼说的很多类似内容后,我决定创造我的AI联合创始人凯尔。
I decided to create Kyle, my AI cofounder, after hearing a lot of stuff like this from OpenAI CEO Sam Altman.
有一个关于第一年出现单人十亿美元公司的赌局,如果没有AI,这简直是难以想象的,但现在它将会发生。
There's this betting pool for the first year that there's a one person billion dollar company, which would have been, like, unimaginable without AI, and now it will happen.
我开始想,我能成为那个人吗?
I got to thinking, could I be that one person?
我之前曾为我获奖的播客《壳牌游戏》制作过AI代理。
I'd made AI agents before for my award winning podcast, Shell Game.
在《壳牌游戏》本季中,我正尝试用真实的产品,由虚构的人来打造一家真正的公司。
This season on Shell Game, I'm trying to build a real company with a real product run by fake people.
哦,嘿,埃文。
Oh, hey, Evan.
很高兴你加入我们。
Good to have you join us.
我找到了一些关于AI代理在中小型企业中采用率的有趣数据。
I found some really interesting data on adoption rates for AI agents in small to medium businesses.
在iHeartRadio应用或您收听播客的任何平台收听《Shell Game》。
Listen to Shell Game on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
25年来,我一直在探索疗愈的意义,不仅为了我自己,也为了与他人共同疗愈。
For 25 years, I've explored what it means to heal, not just for myself, but alongside others.
我是迈克·德拉罗查。
I'm Mike Della Rocha.
这是《神圣课程》,一个用于反思、成长和集体疗愈的空间。
This is Sacred Lessons, a space for reflection, growth, and collective healing.
你会对正在痛苦中的男性说些什么?
What do you tell men that are hurting right now?
另一边一切都会好起来的,你知道的,只要坚持过去就行。
Everything's gonna be okay on the other side, you know, just push through it.
有趣的是,'精神'这个词的词根是'呼吸'。
And, know, ironically, the root of the word spirit is breath.
哇。
Wow.
这就是为什么我们作为人所能做的最具革命性的行为之一是
Which is why one of the most revolutionary acts that we can do as people is
只是呼吸。
just breathe.
在伤口旁边,存在着礼物。
Next to the wound is there are gifts.
除非你经历伤口,否则你找不到你的礼物。
You can't find your gifts unless you go through the wound.
这很艰难。
That's the hard thing.
你可能会想,我会得到我的礼物。
You think, well, I'm gonna get my gifts.
我不想经历这一切。
I don't wanna go through all that.
你必须经历你生命中的伤痛。
You gotta go through the wounds of your life.
听别人讲述他们的濒死体验,他们说的全是这些。
Listening to other people's near death experiences, and it's all they say.
总之,爱就是答案。
In conclusion, love is the answer.
收听神圣的教诲,这是My Cultura播客网络的一部分,可在
Listen to sacred lessons as part of the My Cultura podcast network available
在
on
iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你收听播客的任何平台获取。
the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嗨。
Hi.
这里是幸福实验室的洛里·桑托斯医生。
Doctor Lori Santos from The Happiness Lab here.
这是给予的季节,因此我的播客与GiveDirectly合作,这是一家为极端贫困人口提供所需现金的非营利组织。
It's the season of giving, which is why my podcast is partnering with GiveDirectly, a nonprofit that provides people in extreme poverty with the cash they need.
今年,我们参与了‘播客对抗贫困’活动。
This year, we're taking part in the Pods Fight Poverty campaign.
这不仅仅是《幸福实验室》的参与。
And it's not just the Happiness Lab.
我一些最喜欢的播客主持人也在参与其中。
Some of my favorite podcasters are also taking part.
比如《专注人生》的杰·沙蒂、《十分快乐》的丹·哈里斯,以及《上帝如何运作》的戴夫·迪斯特诺等等。
Think Jay Shetty from On Purpose, Dan Harris from ten percent Happier, and Dave Disteno from How God Works and more.
我们今年的目标是筹集100万美元,帮助卢旺达700多个生活在极端贫困中的家庭。
Our goal this year is to raise $1,000,000, which will help over 700 families in Rwanda living in extreme poverty.
以下是具体运作方式。
Here's how it works.
您向GiveDirectly捐款,他们会将这笔现金直接交到有需要的家庭手中。
You donate to give directly, and they put that cash directly into the hands of families in need.
因为这些家庭最清楚自己需要什么,无论是购买牲畜来肥沃农田、支付学费,还是创办小生意。
Because those families know best what they need, whether it's buying livestock to fertilize their farm, paying school fees, or starting a small business.
在这样的支持下,家庭可以投资未来,实现持久的改变。
With that support, families can invest in their future and build lasting change.
所以,请和我以及你喜爱的播客主持人一起参与‘播客对抗贫困’活动。
So join me and your favorite podcasters in the Pods Fight Poverty campaign.
前往 givedirectly.org/happinesslab 了解更多信息并捐款。
Head to givedirectly.org/happinesslab to learn more and make a contribution.
如果你是首次捐款者,捐赠倍增平台甚至会匹配你的捐赠。
And if you're a first time donor, Giving Multiplier will even match your gift.
捐款请访问 givedirectly.org/happinesslab。
That's givedirectly.org/happinesslab to donate.
嗨,我是凯莉,你们中有些人可能认识我,我是劳拉·温斯洛。
Hey, I'm Kelly, and some of you may know me as Laura Winslow.
我是泰尔玛,也被称为雷切尔阿姨。
And I'm Telma, also known as aunt Rachel.
如果这些名字让你感到耳熟,那你很可能熟悉我们俩在九十年代共同出演的电视剧《家庭事务》。
If those names ring a bell, then you probably are familiar with the show that we were both on back in the nineties called Family Matters.
凯莉和我这些年来做过很多事,扮演过很多角色,但我们都为曾参与《家庭事务》感到无比自豪。
Kelly and I have done a lot of things and played a lot of roles over the years, but both of us are just so proud to have been part of Family Matters.
你知道吗,我们是
Did you know that we were one of
播出时间最长的黑人主演情景喜剧之一?
the longest running sitcoms with a black cast?
拍摄这部剧的时候,有太多充满欢乐、笑声和搞笑的瞬间,我永远都不会忘记。
When we were making the show, there were so many moments filled with joy and laughter and cut up that I will never forget.
哦,姐妹,你说得太对了。
Oh, girl, you got that right.
你们所有人看我的那种眼神是
The look that you all give me is
太有黑人味了。
so black.
所有黑人都懂这个眼神。
All black people know about the look.
在《欢迎来到家庭》的每一集中,我们将分享制作这部剧的个人感悟。
On each episode of welcome to the family, we'll share personal reflections about making the show.
没错。
Yeah.
我们还会邀请部分演员和其他特别嘉宾加入,一起分享趣事和八卦。
We'll even bring in part of the cast and some other special guests to join in the fun and spill some tea.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您常用的播客平台收听《欢迎来到家庭》,由塞玛和凯莉为您带来。
Listen to welcome to the family with Thelma and Kelly on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
说到谷歌,说到那种非常 DIY、凭直觉和本能的方式,你在打造 Fate 的头两年里,有没有学到什么根本不可能靠谷歌搜索得到的东西?
Speaking of Google and speaking of, like, a very DIY intuitive gut gut kind of approach, What's something that you could never have googled that you learned in, like, the first two years of building fate?
一切。
Everything.
一切。
Everything.
做生意就是不断犯错,并从中学习,以便下次做得更好。
Business is just making mistakes constantly and learning better for next time.
你永远不可能在任何事情上都做到完美。
You're never gonna be perfect at any of it.
就像经营企业始终是一段自我提升的旅程。
Like, you just always it's like a self improvement journey owning a business.
但有些事情是谷歌根本无法教会你的,其中最主要的就是经营企业、创业过程中的情感历程。
But some things in particular that Google couldn't have prepared before, one of the main things would be probably the emotional journey of going on a business going on a business, starting a business.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
还有,创业根本就不是关于你自己的事。
And also how much starting a business isn't about you at all.
因为当我们开始创业时,这在某种程度上是自私的。
Because when we start a business, it is kinda selfish.
对吧?
Right?
因为你一开始想创业是因为我自己,我做过二十多份工作,全都不喜欢,我想为自己做点什么。
Because you're like, I wanna start this for me because I have worked in over 20 jobs and I hated them all and I wanna start this for me.
但如果你真想创业并把它做成一番事业,最终一定会牵涉到其他人。
But if you actually wanna start a business and you wanna turn it into something, it's eventually gonna involve other people.
当你拥有企业并雇佣员工时,事情就不再只关乎你了。
And when you own a business and you have staff, it's no longer about you anymore.
现在回头看我的企业,人们可能会看到我们的虚假社交媒体和我的个人账号,看起来大概就像《布兰妮秀》,因为我是品牌的代言人之类的。
And looking at my business now, people would probably see, like, our fake social media and my social media, and it probably just looks like The Britney Show because I'm, like, the face of the brand and whatever.
但在我日常工作中,从周一到周五在办公室里,事情根本与我无关。
But in my day to day life, when I'm at work from Monday to Friday in the office, it is not about me at all.
一切都围绕着其他人。
It's about everyone else.
我觉得这是谷歌无法教会我的东西。
And I think that's something that Google couldn't have taught me.
你会在过程中学习如何管理员工,应对人们的愿望、需求和情绪,没错。
You learn as you go from, you know, people management, dealing with people's wants, needs, emotions Yeah.
他们个人的生活以及从外部带入工作中的事情。
Their personal lives and things that they bring into work from the outside.
学习如何管理员工。
Just learning to manage people.
在我之前的所有工作中,我从未有过一天担任团队领导的经验。
I didn't have one day of experience as even a team leader in any of the jobs that I had.
所以我认为,正是商业中与人和情感相关的部分,是谷歌绝对无法让我做好准备的。
So I think it's like the people and emotional side of business that Google definitely couldn't have prepared me for.
在早期,你犯过的最昂贵的错误是什么?
What was, like, the most costly mistake that you made in, like, the early days?
你有没有过这样的时刻,心想:天啊。
Do you remember having a moment where you were like, oh my god.
我们再也不能犯这样的错误了。
We cannot make that mistake again.
有。
Yes.
我对此确实有答案。
I I definitely have an answer for this.
但当时这并不是一个昂贵的错误。
But at the time, it wasn't an expensive mistake.
但如果能重来一次,我会做得不一样。
But if I could do my time over again, I would have done it differently.
嗯。
Mhmm.
那就是在创业初期雇对人。
And that would be hiring the right people at the beginning of my business.
是的。
Yes.
当我们刚开始创业时,尤其是我最初在家操作、规模很小的时候,我没有认真对待,因为我没有一个详细的商业计划。
When we start a business, especially when it's small and it was just at home for me at the at the beginning, my and because I wasn't taking it seriously because I didn't have this big business plan.
那时我很容易就想:我就雇我所有朋友、朋友的朋友,还有家人的朋友吧。
It was easy for me back then to go, I'm just gonna hire all my friends, all my friends' friends, and all my family friends.
而且
And
我确实做过。
I do.
我做过这件事。
I've done this.
我觉得每个创业者都这样。
I feel like every business owner does.
你想帮忙,但关键问题是:我最信任谁?
You wanna help it's just this thing of, who do I trust the most?
完全正确。
Exactly right.
而且你心想,哦,这肯定会很有趣。
And and and you you think, oh, this is gonna be fun.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道吗?
You know?
因为你根本没认真对待你的生意。
Because you you you're not serious about your business.
你只是想让它有趣。
You just want it to be fun.
是啊。
Yeah.
我会和我最好的朋友、我表亲,还有这个那个其他人一起干。
I'll work with my best friend and my cousin and this and that and the other.
姐妹。
Sister.
是啊。
Yeah.
所有这些事情。
All these things.
在任何生意的初期,让它轻松一点是可以的。
At at the beginning of any business, it's fine for it to be way.
你知道,有些生意是家族经营或朋友合伙,这样也行得通。
And, you know, some businesses are family run or friends together and it works.
但就我个人而言,我最大的一个发现可能是:在头三年里,我总是说,生意的头三年就像一个试用期。
But for me, personally, one of the biggest discoveries for me, probably for the first three years I always like to say that the first three years of a business is like a trial.
三年之后,它才真正变成了一门正经的生意。
And then after three years, that's when it turned into a real business.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
但Fate的头三年确实很不严肃。
But, yeah, for the first three years of Fate, it was pretty unserious.
那段时间很有趣。
It was a lot of fun.
我与我雇佣的每个人都是最好的朋友。
I was best friends with everyone that I employed.
我们下班后一起出去玩,周末喝酒,互相串门,诸如此类的事情。
We were all hanging out outside of work and drinking on the weekends and going to each other's house and all that kind of stuff.
但随着业务发展,我意识到我不能把个人友谊和关系混入商业中,因为界限会变得模糊。
And then as the business grew, I realized I can't have this, like, mix of personal friendships and relationships in a business because the the lines just become
每件事都变成了个人的同意。
Everything becomes a personal Yes.
冒犯。
Insult.
每一条反馈。
Every piece of feedback.
比如,同意。
Like Yes.
你会犹豫说出你本该说的话。
And you hesitate to say things that you really should.
那是因为你关心他们。
That's because you care about them.
在那些早期年份里,避免艰难的对话是我另一个大问题,因为人们天生都想取悦他人。
Avoiding hard conversations was another big one of mine in those early years because, yeah, we're naturally people pleases.
我们不想让任何人不开心。
We don't wanna upset anyone.
而如果你和某个员工是最好的朋友,他们却做错了事或偷懒了,你就很难开口说:嘿。
And then if we're besties with someone that's also working for us and they kinda do something wrong or they've slacked off, you don't wanna go, hey.
比如,我注意到你的工作表现下滑了,因为你担心他们会说:你在说什么?
Like, I just noticed that you're dropping off in your work performance because then you're worried they'll go, what are you talking about?
毕竟,你们是朋友。
Like, you know, because you're friends.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以,如果让我重新走一遍我的旅程,我不会在任何一点上重来。
And so I would say looking back, if I could do my journey all over again, I wouldn't redo it, you know, at any point.
但假如我现在才开始,我在这段创业旅程中学到的最重要的一课就是——这虽然老生常谈,但人真的能成就或毁掉你的生意。
But I I guess if I was starting today, one of the biggest lessons that I've learned in my business journey, and it's great advice for any business owner out there, doesn't matter how far you in you are into your journey, is it's cliche, but people will either make or break your business.
如果你真的认真对待你的生意(而我刚开始时并不认真,很多人也都不认真,因为你根本看不到大局),我会聘请那些真正重视我生意的人,而不是走捷径去雇朋友和家人。
And if you're serious about your business, which I wasn't at the start and not many people are because you just don't think big picture, I would hire the right people that are serious about my business and not take the easy route of just hiring friends and family.
但我知道,我对此毫无遗憾,当时那样做是有效的。
But that you know, I have no regrets, and it worked at the time.
是的。
Yeah.
但如今回过头来看,想到我们2025年所处的位置——我身边已经是一支全由敬业员工组成的团队,他们对事业和职业发展充满热忱,渴望成长与进步。
But on reflection now and looking where we are in 2025 where I've just got a team full of a players who are so serious about fate and their careers, and they want growth and progression.
我亲眼看着他们一步步建立起自己的职业生涯。
And I'm watching them build careers right before my eyes.
我心想:唉,我真该从一开始就这么做。
I'm like, oh, I should have done this from the beginning.
但我认为,你当时根本做不到。
But I don't think you can.
我认为你必须经历所有的过程,再次从错误中学习,以便在未来做得更好。
I think you've gotta go through all the motions and, again, like, learn from your mistakes so that you can do better in the future.
是的。
Yeah.
我喜欢你所说的。
I I like what you said.
我觉得你真正想说的是,如果你或者正在听的人有一个初创企业,
I think what you're really saying is, like, if you had the option or if somebody listening to this has a fledgling business
嗯。
Mhmm.
并且有机会雇佣一个你不认识的人,
And has the option take the option of hiring somebody you don't you don't know.
所以,是的。
So, like Yeah.
这个人纯粹是以员工身份加入,仅此而已。
Who is coming in as as an employee, full stop, nothing else.
完全正确。
Exactly right.
而且还要雇用比你更强的人。
And also hiring people that are better than you.
是的。
Yeah.
这是另一个要点。
That's another one.
再说一遍,所有创业者都这样,我不希望任何人觉得我说得不对,但在Fate的前四年里,我非常乐意雇用完全没有经验的人,并把我知道的一切都教给他们,因为我完全是自学成才的,从打包订单、用Canva做邮件营销,到搭建Shopify、开发产品,所有事情都是我自己做的。
Again, like all business owners, and I don't want anyone to think that what I'm saying is wrong, but for the first four years of fate, I was so fine with hiring people that had no experience at all and teaching them everything that I knew because I had taught myself how to do every part of the business from packing orders to doing our email campaigns in Canva and building Shopify and doing products and all this kind of stuff.
所以在那前四年里,我总是只雇用那些善良友好、和我合得来的人。
So for those first four years, I would always just hire someone that was nice and friendly and that I got along with.
但另一个给我教训的是,尤其是在最近几年:当然,雇用有丰富经验的人成本会更高。
But another lesson for me, and especially, like, in the most recent years is, sure, it might cost more to hire someone who comes with a wealth of experience.
作为创业者,你知道,让一个基于经验要求更高薪资的人加入可能会让你感到害怕,但有一个真正懂行的人加入,其价值是无价的。
And as a business owner, you know, that can be scary to have someone who's wanting a higher pay based on their experience, but it's priceless to have someone come in who knows their shit Mhmm.
而且知道他们能为公司带来什么,而不是随便招个人进来。
And knows what they can do for the business rather than bringing someone in.
当然,你可能不需要付他们太多钱,因为他们没有经验,但你花了多少时间
And, sure, you might not have to pay them as much because they've got no experience, but then how much time are you spending
是的。
Yeah.
教这个人一切,还要反复检查每一件事?
Teaching that person everything and double checking everything?
所以这可能是我的另一个经验:是的,招聘合适的人,不要害怕雇用在某些方面比你更优秀的人,让他们能独立负责自己的领域,而不是你当一个事无巨细的直升机老板,非要确保邮件发出去前每处都完美,Instagram故事也都无懈可击。
So that's probably another one of mine is, yeah, hiring the right people and not being afraid to hire people who are better than you at certain things so they can come in and own their space rather than you being a helicopter boss trying to make sure, you know, the email looks right before it goes out and the Instagram stories are all good.
就是所有这些琐碎的小事。
Just all those little things.
他们可以
They can
直接去做。
just do it.
是的。
Yeah.
你现在的日常生活是什么样的?
What does a typical day in your life look like nowadays?
你刚才给我们提供了一些线索,但以前布里特的经历是,你曾经在社交媒体上非常活跃,主要是在做影响者,而现在你在经营这家企业。
And you kind of gave us an insight, but you used to you know, the history of Brit is like you used to be really prominent on social media and you were mainly influencing, and now you're running this business.
这到底意味着什么?
And, like, what does that mean?
你知道,人们总是说,哦,你开了一家公司。
You know when people always like, oh, you run a business.
你每天具体做些什么?
What do you do on a day to day?
没错。
Yep.
老生常谈,但没有哪两天是完全一样的。
Cliche, but no two days are the same.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我放弃做网红了,我想说大概是两三年前。
I gave up influencing, I wanna say, two or
现在三年前了。
three years ago now.
是公开宣布的吗,还是你只是慢慢就……
Make an announcement or were you just like
这是一个多年逐渐的过程。
It was very gradual over the years.
我曾经每隔两天就在Instagram上发一篇赞助帖,后来我逐渐减少了。
I went from doing a sponsored post, like, every second day on Instagram, and I really narrowed it down.
到最后,我想我只和两个品牌保持长期合作关系。
And by the end, I think I was only working with two brands that I had ongoing partnerships with.
它们是Esme护肤品牌。
They were Esme Skincare.
你认识Esme吗?
Do you know Esme?
Esme?
Esme?
我不知道该怎么正确发音。
I don't know the proper way to say it.
E s m I。
E s m I.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
对。
Yeah.
如果你看到的话,你可能会认出来。
You would probably know it if you saw
我知道。
I know.
当你说到‘我’的时候,就像是一个经典的澳大利亚品牌。
When you said I, was like, Classic Australian brand.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
还有加拿大俱乐部,因为我跟他们合作过很多次。
And Canadian Club because I'd worked with them a heap of times.
这可不是我预期你会说的。
That's not what I expected you to say.
对。
Yeah.
所以最后,剩下的两个品牌就是我还在合作的,我已经放弃了所有美发工具品牌。
So at the end, they were the two brands that I was left working with, and I'd given up, like, all the hairstyling tool brands.
比如,我跟GHD合作了很长时间,还有各种其他品牌。
Like, I worked with GHD for a really long time, all sorts of ones.
我最后只剩下这两项合作。
And I I ended up only having the two partnerships.
我考虑了大约一两年,想连这两项也放弃,因为我一直和它们保持着长期合作。
And I sat on the idea for maybe a year or two to also give those up because I had, like, ongoing partnerships with them.
我去见了我的会计师,对他说:我想干脆彻底放弃这一切,因为当时我是以布列塔尼·李·桑德斯这个公司名义运营,然后我还有Fate这个品牌。
And I went to my accountant and I said, I think I just wanna give up this altogether because I was like Brittany Lee Saunders as a company and then I had fate.
作为网红最棒的一点是,在Fate的前四年里,我根本不用从Fate拿任何薪水。
And the great thing about being an influencer was I didn't have to pay myself anything from Fate for the first, like, four years of Fate.
这正是我想问的问题之一。
That was one of my questions.
是的。
Yeah.
我一分钱都没给自己发。
I didn't pay myself anything.
我一边经营Fate,一边做网红,而网红工作才是我的个人收入来源。
I I worked on Fate and had my influencing on the side, and the influencing was my personal money.
然后,业务产生的所有收入都用于支付员工工资并重新投入业务。
And then all the money that the business generated paid my staff and went back into the business.
所以,是的,大概两到三年前,我决定放弃品牌合作了。
And so, yeah, it would have been two to three maybe three years ago now, I decided I'm gonna give up the brand deals.
到那时,我已经放弃YouTube了,是的。
I'd already given up YouTube by that point Yeah.
因为我忙于经营业务,实在抽不出时间。
Just because I was getting too busy running the business.
我必须优先考虑,不再花时间制作YouTube视频来推广业务。
And I just had to prioritize not spending my time making YouTube videos to grow the business.
然后,我咬牙决定,不再接任何品牌合作了。
And then, yeah, I bit the bullet and, said I'm not doing any more brand deals.
那是在三年前,是的。
And that was, yeah, three years ago now.
我认为在这三年里,我们只做了两个主动找上门的、实在无法拒绝的项目。
And I think over those three years, we've done, like, two that have, like, come our way that were, like, too good to pass up kind thing.
还有你关心的事情。
And things you cared about.
是的。
Yeah.
大概两年前,肯德基来找我,问能不能为七月的圣诞节做点什么?
And, like, maybe two years ago, KFC said, can you please do something for Christmas in July?
他们有一批很搞笑又丑的毛衣。
And they had these funny ugly sweaters.
我就说,好啊。
So was like, yeah.
我们会做这个,因为真的很有趣。
We'll do that one because that's really fun.
是的。
Yeah.
但过去几年我只做了几单。
But I've just done a couple over the last years.
但没错,我完全放下了,这让我得以首先把自己当作Fate的正式员工来发工资,每月都有工资单之类的,没错。
But, yeah, I fully gave it up, which just then allowed me, number one, to start paying myself from fate as an actual employee and getting a payslip and everything every Yeah.
这真的令人兴奋。
Which was really exciting.
而且它还让我能全身心投入到Fate上,而不再担心‘我得给某个品牌发帖’这类事情。
And then it's just allowed me to fully focus on fate rather than worrying about, oh, I've gotta get this post done for so and so brand.
我今天的一天是什么样子?我是个非常亲力亲为的创始人兼CEO。
What my day looks like today, I'm a very hands on founder and CEO.
我深度参与Fate所有市场营销相关的工作,无论是我们开展的大规模营销活动,还是我们组织的客户品牌之旅——这些都太棒了,尤其是得益于之前做博主的影响。
I work heavily with our marketing team for all things marketing at Fate, whether that's big campaigns that we're doing, any of our customer brand trips that we do, which has been awesome to do, like, off the back of, like, influencing
解释一下这些是什么。
Explain what these are.
你们的客户品牌之旅非常有代表性。
The customer brand trips are pretty iconic for you guys.
没错。
Yeah.
我们已经办了两次了。
So we've done two now.
我们去年在七周年纪念日时发起了这个活动,以庆祝公司七周年。
We started it on our seventh birthday last year to celebrate our seventh birthday.
每年生日到来时,团队都会跟我一起去,天哪。
Every year, our birthday comes around and the team will go to me, shit.
我们的生日还有两周就到了。
It's our birthday in two weeks.
我们还没开始安排任何事情。
Like, we haven't organized anything.
是啊。
Yeah.
去年,我想我们是在生日前提前两个月才想起来,因为你不会把公司周年当生日来想。
And last year, I think we thought about our birthday, like, two months before because you don't think about your business as birthday.
你有太多事情要忙了。
You got too much going on.
而且它在九月,所以马上就要进入繁忙期了。
And it's in September, so it's, like, coming up to the busy period.
我当时就想,为什么我们不带七个客户去一次品牌之旅呢?
And I was like, well, why don't we take seven customers on a brand trip?
就像我以前经常参加那些品牌活动一样。
Kinda like how I used to go on all the brand trips back in the day.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但这次我们不请网红,而是邀请客户,像对待网红一样款待他们。
But instead of taking influencers, let's take customers and, like, treat them like influencers.
于是,‘幸运七人’这个点子就这样诞生了。
And so then that's where the idea of the lucky seven came to be.
我们搞了一个大型抽奖活动,七位随机抽中的客户赢得了和我们一同旅行的机会。
And we did a big old giveaway and seven random customers, won a trip with us.
这活动大受欢迎,我们收获了大量内容素材,他们玩得非常开心,还都成了好朋友。
And it was, like, such a hit and we got so much content out of it and they had the best time and they all made such great friends.
我们和他们待了三天。
We were with them for three days.
你们去哪了?
Where'd you go?
我们带他们去了纽卡斯尔。
We brought them to Newcastle.
我们想,不如从家开始吧。
We were like, let's start it at home.
嗯。
Yeah.
纽卡斯尔也很有氛围。
Newcastle is also a vibe.
嗯。
Yeah.
我们现在有五星级酒店了。
And we've got, like, five star hotels now.
所以我们把他们安排在
So we put them in
我们有一家五星级酒店
We have a five star hotel
在纽卡斯尔?
in Newcastle?
我们有了两家,这以前是从来没有的。
We got two, which we never used to have.
但纽卡斯尔真的在迅速崛起。
But Newy's really up and coming.
但他们都各自住了酒店房间,我们还用各个品牌的好物把床铺装饰得满满的。
But, yeah, they all got their own hotel room, and we decked out the bed with all the goodies from all the different brands.
这简直像是一次完整的网红之旅。
It was like a full influencer trip.
因此这次非常成功,我们今年九月又重复了一次。
And so that was such a success that we've done it again just this year in September.
我们把它称为‘八福’,庆祝我们的第八个生日,去年是‘幸运七’。
And we called it the fate eight for our eighth birthday, and last year was a lucky seven.
而且,这又是一次赠品活动。
And, again, just a giveaway.
八位顾客,这次我们带他们去了波特史蒂芬斯。
Eight customers, we took them to Port Stephens this time.
我不知道你是否知道那里是哪儿。
I don't know if you know who that is.
我们租了一栋漂亮的大房子,氛围更像一个静修之旅。
We got this big beautiful house, and it was more of like a retreat vibe.
嗯。
Mhmm.
能够这样做的确很酷。
So that's been really cool to be able to do.
不过,是的,我经常与我们的市场团队紧密合作。
But, yeah, I work heavily with our marketing team.
我负责监督Fate的领导团队。
I oversee our leadership team at Fate.
有一项工作可能会让人大吃一惊,那就是我至今仍在Fate亲自负责所有商品的采购和订货,我不知道自己是否能放弃这项工作。
One job that would surprise people that I still do in Fate, and I don't know if I could ever give it up, is I do all of our stock buying and ordering.
真的吗?
Oh, really?
是的。
Yeah.
太酷了。
Oh, cool.
我们公司每一件进入的服装都由我负责订购,所有门店的库存和采购也都由我一手操办。
So every piece of clothing that comes into our business is my responsibility to order, and all of our store stock and buying for all the stores is me.
不会吧。
No way.
是的。
Yeah.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。