The School of Greatness - 为什么63%的年轻人已经放弃尝试 | 斯科特·加洛韦 封面

为什么63%的年轻人已经放弃尝试 | 斯科特·加洛韦

为什么63%的年轻人已经停止尝试 | Scott Galloway

本集简介

斯科特·加洛韦直面当今年轻人所面临的危机。他们自杀的可能性高出四倍,成瘾或无家可归的风险是三倍,被监禁的几率更是十二倍之多。尽管女性的崛起令人瞩目

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

男性正在挣扎。

Men are struggling.

Speaker 0

自杀的可能性是四倍,成瘾或无家可归的可能性是三倍,被监禁的可能性是十二倍。

Four times as likely to kill themselves, three times as likely to be addicted or homeless, 12 times as likely to be incarcerated.

Speaker 0

走进停尸房,五名自杀身亡者中有四名是男性。

You go into a morgue and there's five people that died by suicide and four men.

Speaker 0

如果是其他群体,我想我们会用项目和同理心来介入。

If it was any other group, I think we weigh in with programs and empathy.

Speaker 0

我认为他们中会有越来越多的人独自面对屏幕。

I think more and more of them are gonna be alone in a room with a screen.

Speaker 1

斯科特是《教授G播客》的主持人,并共同主持《转折点》和《愤怒的温和派》播客。

Scott's the host of the professor g pod and cohost the pivot and raging moderates podcast.

Speaker 1

他是畅销书作家,最新著作

He's a best selling author in his latest book.

Speaker 1

《关于成为男人的笔记》现已成为亚马逊排名第一的畅销书。

Notes on being a man is now the number one best seller at Amazon.

Speaker 1

欢迎斯科特·加洛威。

Please welcome Scott Galloway.

Speaker 0

我最忠实的粉丝是年轻男性。

My biggest fans are young men.

Speaker 0

我最坚定的支持者是母亲们。

My biggest supporters are mothers.

Speaker 0

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

当她们看清现状时,历史上最伟大的联盟就是男女之间的联盟。

As they see what's going on, the greatest alliance in history is the alliance between men and women.

Speaker 0

既然家里就有逼真的合成色情内容,何必费心费力去面对可能的拒绝、羞辱和种种麻烦呢?

Why would you go through the effort, the expense, the potential rejection, humiliation, effort when you have synthetic lifelike porn at home.

Speaker 1

如果他们整天除了消费什么都不做,要怎么生存下去?

How do they survive if you're not doing anything except for consuming all day?

Speaker 0

生活中能有男性给你些建议就很好了,不仅如此,更重要的是让你感受到自己的价值。

Just having men in your life that can give you a little bit of advice, and not only that, just give you the sense you have value.

Speaker 0

我从13岁就开始投资股票,这要归功于Sisera。

So I've been investing in stocks since I was 13 because of Sisera.

Speaker 0

哇。

Wow.

Speaker 0

我通过股票投资赚了数千万美元。

I've made tens of millions of dollars investing in stocks.

Speaker 0

它教会了我这项关于投资的非凡生活技能。

It taught me this incredible life skill around investing.

Speaker 0

你会

What would

Speaker 1

说哪三件事是你多年后如果今天是世界末日会留下的?

you say are three things you would leave behind if this was the last day on earth for you many years away.

Speaker 1

我人生中最大的突破是以下这一点。

The biggest unlock of my life was the following.

Speaker 1

欢迎大家回到《伟大之道学院》。

Welcome back, everyone, in the School of Greatness.

Speaker 1

对我们的嘉宾感到非常兴奋。

Very excited about our guests.

Speaker 1

我们现场有鼓舞人心的斯科特·加洛韦,他是《关于成为男人的笔记》的纽约时报畅销书第一名作者。

We have the inspiring Scott Galloway in the house who is the number one New York Times bestseller of notes on being a man.

Speaker 1

欢迎来到节目,斯科特。

Welcome to the show, Scott.

Speaker 1

谢谢。

Thanks.

Speaker 1

很高兴见到你,伙计。

It's good to see you, man.

Speaker 1

很兴奋你能来。

Excited that you're here.

Speaker 1

恭喜你的新书。

Congrats on the book.

Speaker 1

谢谢。

Thanks.

Speaker 1

我们之前聊到过,我七年前写过一本名为《男子气概的面具》的书,我觉得那本书的理念有些超前于时代。

We were talking beforehand about that I wrote a book called the mask of masculinity seven years ago that I think was ahead of its time.

Speaker 1

但我认为人们真的需要听听你今天要讲的内容,因为当今社会中的男性面临着太多困惑。

But I think people really need to hear what you're talking about today because there's so much confusion with men in society.

Speaker 1

所以我要先抛给你一个简单的问题热热身。

And so I'm gonna give you a layup question to start.

Speaker 1

当今社会中男性的角色是什么?

What is the role of men in society today?

Speaker 1

嗯,我觉得问题就在这里。

Well, think that's the issue.

Speaker 0

我认为过去的角色定位相当明确。

I think that the role was pretty clear.

Speaker 0

基本上就是养家者和繁衍者。

It was sort of a provider and procreator.

Speaker 0

而现在通往中产阶级生活方式的许多途径,那些传统的工作岗位,我们基本上已经为女性撕毁了旧剧本,告诉她们可以成为任何想成为的人。

And now that a lot of the on ramps into a middle class lifestyle, a lot of the traditional jobs, We've basically torn up the script for women and said, you can be anything.

Speaker 0

女性正在崛起,这太棒了。

And women are ascending, and that's fantastic.

Speaker 0

过去三十年间,全球范围内入选各类议会的女性人数翻了一番。

Twice as many women have been elected to some sort form of parliament globally in the last thirty years.

Speaker 0

如今全球接受高等教育的女性人数已超过男性。

More women are now seeking tertiary education globally than men.

Speaker 0

在美国城市地区,女性收入高于男性,单身女性拥有房产的比例也超过男性。

Women in urban areas in The US are making more money than men own more single women own homes than men.

Speaker 0

这些都是了不起的成就。

And these are all amazing.

Speaker 0

我们绝不应阻碍这一趋势。

We should do nothing to get in the way of that.

Speaker 0

但我认为现在男性的角色有时会有些困惑。

But I think sometimes the role of men is a little bit confused now.

Speaker 0

比如,我的角色到底是什么?

Like, what is my role?

Speaker 0

这确实是无法回避的事实。

And there's just no getting around it.

Speaker 0

男性正面临困境:自杀率高出四倍,成瘾或无家可归的概率高出三倍,监禁率更是高出十二倍。

Men are struggling four times as likely to kill themselves, three times as likely to be addicted or homeless, 12 times as likely to be incarcerated.

Speaker 0

所以我认为,男性在这个社会中的角色定位,目前还处于悬而未决的状态。

So I think the question, what is a man's role in this society, is a little bit up in the air right now.

Speaker 0

我认为部分问题在于,许多男性感觉自己缺乏行为准则。

And I think that's part of the issue is a lot of men don't feel like they have a code.

Speaker 0

他们感到迷茫。

They're not clear.

Speaker 0

是的,我觉得有些人缺乏人生目标。

Yeah, I think some of them lack purpose.

Speaker 0

他们原本可以依赖的许多天性特质——无论是职业工作、养家糊口、还是主动追求爱情(我不想用'侵略者'这个词,应该说'主动者')

And that is a lot of the natural attributes they would lean into, whether it's vocational work, whether it's being the provider, whether it's initiating romantic interest, I don't want to say being the aggressor, the initiator.

Speaker 0

这些特质要么不复存在,要么更难实现,要么正遭到社会非议。

A lot of those things are either not available, harder to attain, or being frowned upon.

Speaker 0

那么他们的角色是什么?

So what is their role?

Speaker 0

我是说,汽车修理、金属加工和木工课程都怎么了?

And I mean, happened to auto, metal, and woodshop?

Speaker 0

消失了,对吧?

Gone, right?

Speaker 0

想想人们现在追求的是什么——更多女性进入医学院、法学院,这些都是好事。

If you think about what people are looking for in terms of more women in medical school, more women in law school, and those are wonderful things.

Speaker 0

但通常那些工作——记得高中时那些根本不会上大学,但能修好你的车,后来过得相当不错的家伙吗?这样的人曾经很多。

But typically the job remember that guy in high school who was never going to go to college, there were a lot of them, but could fix your car and would go on and actually make a pretty decent living?

Speaker 0

我们基本上用计算机科学取代了所有那些课程。

We've essentially replaced all those classes with computer science.

Speaker 0

我们几乎把所有赌注都押在了那种上哈佛又辍学去创办科技公司的人身上。

We've kind of gone all in on the guy who goes to Harvard, drops out, and starts a tech company.

Speaker 0

整个国家都在为那种人优化。

The nation's been optimized for that person.

Speaker 0

而大多数男性并非那种类型的人。

And the majority of men aren't that dude.

Speaker 0

此外,越来越少男性去宗教机构、参与体育运动,远程工作也减少了人际联系,我认为这对建立人际关系非常不利。

In addition, fewer men are going to religious institutions, playing sports, connecting to work remote work, I think, been terrible connecting to relationships.

Speaker 0

而且他们还要面对财力最雄厚、拥有神级技术的公司,这些公司正试图将他们与线下世界和人际关系隔绝开来。

And then they're up against the deepest pocketed companies with godlike technology, really trying to sequester them from the offline world and relationships.

Speaker 0

因此,我认为有一群年轻男性感到有些无所适从。

And as a result, I think you have a cohort of young men who feel a little bit untethered.

Speaker 0

他们的道路不再像过去那样清晰,没有我们这代人拥有的同等机会——其中部分机会坦白说是非应得的优势。

Their path is not as clear as it once was, Don't have the same level of opportunities that my generation had and some of it to be clear was unearned advantage.

Speaker 0

相比其他群体,我曾拥有过多机会。但如果是其他群体——比如停尸房里有五例自杀者其中四名是男性——人们会制定帮扶计划并给予同情。但由于我们这代人的优势地位,反而导致了共情缺失。我常提醒人们注意一个数据,虽然谈论这个会引发不适反应。

I had too much opportunity relative to other groups but if any other group was, if you go into a morgue and there's five people that died by suicide and four men, if it was any other group I think it would weigh in with programs and empathy but because of the under advantage of my generation there is a lack of empathy and the stat that I remind people of I understand the gag reflex when I talk about this.

Speaker 0

这个数据是:1945年至2000年间,全球经济增长的三分之一是由占世界人口5%的美国人创造的。

And that is from 1945 to 2000, a third of the world's economic growth was registered by the 5% of the population in America.

Speaker 0

所以我们曾拥有相当于世界其他地区六倍的繁荣程度。

So we had six times the prosperity of the rest of the world.

Speaker 0

所以是六倍。

So 6x.

Speaker 0

然后你把所有这些繁荣都塞进了占人口三分之一的白人男性异性恋群体中。

And then you take all that prosperity and you cram it into the one third of the population that was white male and heterosexual.

Speaker 0

我差不多算是出生在三垒上(天生优势)。

I was kind of born on third base.

Speaker 0

直到大约你这个年纪前,我的说唱主题都是'看看我多厉害'。

My rap till I was about your age was check me out.

Speaker 0

虽然我没有同龄人的某些优势,但现在我承认,就我的身份背景和出生时空而言,我确实算是出生在三垒上。

I didn't have some of the same advantages as my peers but what I've acknowledged now is that I really was born on third base, my kind of identity demographics and when and where I was born.

Speaker 0

但不幸的是,我认为社会正在让年轻人为我这种不公平的优势买单,而他们根本没有同等的机会。

But unfortunately, I think society is holding young men accountable for my unfair advantage and they just don't face the same opportunities.

Speaker 1

他们也没有相应的技能,对吧?

They don't have the skills also, right?

Speaker 1

就好像他们缺乏应对这种不公平优势或处理这一切的能力。

It's like they don't have the skills to face that unfair advantage I guess or to manage it all.

Speaker 0

百分之百确定,所以我必须去工作。

100%, so I had to go into work.

Speaker 0

必须打上领带。

Had to put on a tie.

Speaker 0

我有既定的行为准则约束。

I had guardrails set up for me.

Speaker 0

我认为远程办公对年轻人简直是场灾难,尤其是男性——坦白说他们心理成熟较晚。

And I think remote work has been an absolute disaster for young people, especially men who quite frankly mature later.

Speaker 0

我的第一份工作是在洛杉矶市中心的摩根士丹利。

My first job was in Downtown LA at Morgan Stanley.

Speaker 0

如果不需要每天7点起床、打领带、注意言行举止、学习职场礼仪,我可能永远无法成长——我的上司经常把我从会议中叫出来训导,他是位真正的导师。

If I didn't have to get up at 7AM, put on a tie, act a certain way, learn to behave, I was constantly pulled out of meetings by my boss who was a real mentor.

Speaker 0

他会直接说:这种话不该讲。

And he would say just like, don't say that.

Speaker 0

而我确实需要这种管教。

And I needed that.

Speaker 0

我学会了如何与比我资深、比我成功的人相处,学会了如何与上司互动,也更多地了解了如何在职场环境中与女性交往。

And I learned how to interact with people senior to me, more successful than me, learned how to interact with a boss, learned more about how to interact with a woman in a professional environment.

Speaker 0

这段经历对我来说是极好的历练。

It was great seasoning for me.

Speaker 0

虽然我认为远程工作为需要照顾家庭的人提供了便利,但我认为这对年轻人确实不利。

And while I think remote work is an unlock for people who are caregivers, I think it's really a negative for young people.

Speaker 0

还有一点我们很少讨论:三分之一的恋爱关系始于职场。

And something we don't talk about, one in three relationships begin at work.

Speaker 0

那么人们在哪里结识朋友、建立师徒关系和发展恋爱关系呢?

So where do people meet and develop friendships, mentorships, and romantic relationships?

Speaker 0

现实情况是,年轻男性比女性更需要恋爱关系,或者说从中获益更多。

And the reality is young men need romantic relationships or benefit more from them than women.

Speaker 0

如果一个男性在30岁前从未结婚或与女性同居,那么他有三分之一的概率会染上毒瘾。

If a man hasn't been married or co habitated with a woman by the time he's 30, there's a one in three chance he's going be a substance abuser.

Speaker 0

有幅漫画描绘了一位30多岁却从未找到真爱的女性。

There's this cartoon of a woman in her 30s who never found romantic love.

Speaker 0

现实是她过得不错。

The reality is she's Okay.

Speaker 0

女性在没有恋爱关系时,往往会把这种精力重新投入到朋友和职业生活中。

Women when they don't have that romantic relationship oftentimes pour that energy back into friends and their professional life.

Speaker 0

男性则倾向于将其投入到更消极或低效的事情上。

Men tend to pour it back into more negative things or less productive things.

Speaker 0

比如上网、游戏、色情内容,不幸的是,还常常包括阴谋论。

Online, gaming, porn, oftentimes, unfortunately, conspiracy theory.

Speaker 1

坦白说,赌博或其他类似行为。

Quite Gambling frankly or something else.

Speaker 0

赌博。

Gambling.

Speaker 0

毒品,诸如此类。

Drugs, whatever it might be.

Speaker 0

它会以更糟糕的方式显现出来。

It takes on and manifests itself in worse ways.

Speaker 0

所以处于恋爱关系中的女性比单身女性寿命长两到四年,抱歉,我是说比没有恋爱关系的女性。

So a woman in a relationship lives two to four years longer than a man I'm sorry, than a woman not in a relationship.

Speaker 0

但男性却能因此多活四到七年。

But a man lives four to seven years longer.

Speaker 0

寡妇在丈夫去世后反而更快乐。

Widows are happier after their husband dies.

Speaker 0

而鳏夫在妻子去世后幸福感会下降。

Widows are less happy after their wife dies.

Speaker 0

所以奇怪的是,男性从恋爱关系中获得的益处和优势比女性更多。

So oddly enough, men benefit and accrete more advantage in a relationship than a woman does.

Speaker 0

这并不是说没有人有责任去照顾男性或为他们提供情感慰藉,以防止他们成为社会负担。

Which isn't to say it's no one's responsibility to service men or provide them with romantic comfort such that they don't become poor citizens.

Speaker 0

但现实是,我认为社会和我们这代男性确实欠下一笔债,那就是要在情感、生活和经济上参与年轻人的生活,帮助他们提升,让他们能拥有我们这代人曾有的一些机会。

But the reality is I do think society and men of my generation have a debt to pay, and that is to try and get emotionally, logistically, and economically involved in young people's lives and level them up such that they have some of the same opportunities that my generation had.

Speaker 1

是啊,这很有趣,因为我刚在《Vogue》上看到一篇文章。

Yeah, it's interesting because I saw article on Vogue.

Speaker 1

标题写着:现在有个男朋友是件尴尬的事吗?

The headline says, is having a boyfriend embarrassing now?

Speaker 1

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

而且,听到这些统计数据,如果我是一个女人,听到这些数据说没有男人我反而活得更久——谁知道这些数据的具体背景呢——但在某些方面,没有男人我也过得很好。

And, you know, hearing these stats, if I'm a woman hearing these stats that essentially I live longer without a man in my life, Who knows the context of all these things, but I also I'm fine without a man in some ways.

Speaker 1

如果单身对女性也有好处,那为什么女性还要和男人建立关系呢?

Why should women get in a relationship with a man if there's also benefit for women being single?

Speaker 0

是的,所以不幸的是,我认为...

Yeah, so there's unfortunately I think that there's

Speaker 1

除了组建家庭、养育孩子、以不同方式为社会做贡献,以及避免孤独终老这些显而易见的原因。

Besides having a family and raising children and providing for society in a different way obviously and not being alone your whole life.

Speaker 0

我认为尤其在网络媒体上,但所有媒体都在浪漫化独立坚强的女性形象,虽然很多方面确实很积极,但这也造就了一种文化,某种程度上鼓励女性像男人一样单打独斗。

I think in online media especially but all media there's a romanticization of the independent feminine strong woman and I think a lot of that is really positive but I also think it's created a culture where it's sort of women are encouraged to kind of be one striker out as a man.

Speaker 0

哦,他和父母关系不好吗?

Oh, he doesn't get along with his parents?

Speaker 0

危险信号。

Red flag.

Speaker 0

就像每个黄色或品红色的警告标志都被视为危险信号,而你是个坚强独立又美丽的女性,根本不需要男人。

Like every yellow or magenta flag is a red flag and you're the strong independent beautiful woman and you don't need a man.

Speaker 0

每当我询问约会建议时,我给男性的第一条建议就是:你自己会想和你发生关系吗?

And whenever I ask for a dating advice the advice I give to men is the first thing I ask is would you want to have sex with you?

Speaker 0

你身材保持得好吗?

Are you in shape?

Speaker 0

你有明确的人生规划吗?

Do you have a plan?

Speaker 0

你待人友善吗?

Are you kind?

Speaker 0

你是否展现出对多种事物的匠人精神和兴趣?

Do you demonstrate artisanship and interests in different things?

Speaker 0

你如何证明自己的卓越?

How do you demonstrate excellence?

Speaker 0

而我给女性的建议,我称之为'第二杯咖啡'。

And the advice I would give to women is what I call a second coffee.

Speaker 0

我认为女性因结束关系而受到赞美,就像卡莉·西蒙那些关于离开男人的歌《你不需要男人》所唱的那样。

And that is I think women are celebrated for exiting relationships, inspiring Carly Simon songs about walking out on that man and You Don't Need a Man.

Speaker 0

当调查中问男性,如果一个女性拥有你理想中80%的特质,这对你来说足够吗?

And when surveys when men are asked if a woman had 80% of everything you want, would that suffice for you?

Speaker 0

75%的男性表示,是的,那会很棒。

75% of men say, yeah, that'd be great.

Speaker 0

当女性面对同样的标准——拥有理想中80%的特质时,75%的女性表示这还不够。

When women presented with the same metric, 80% of everything you want, 75% say that's not enough.

Speaker 1

她们需要95%甚至100%符合自己期望的对象。

They need like 95% or 100% of what they want.

Speaker 0

好吧,让我直接说解决方案。

Well, and again, I think that let me go straight to the solve.

Speaker 0

解决方案就是男性需要自我提升。

The solve is for men to level up.

Speaker 0

但如果你看看算法推送的内容,很多女性会说基本标准指标是因为——我认为这是由于在线约会导致的,这些指标被简化为一些非常基础粗浅的东西。

But if you look at kind of the content of what algorithms like it's a lot of women saying like a basic standard metric is because and I think it's happened because of online dating where the metrics get distilled down to some very base crude things.

Speaker 0

六英尺身高,六位数收入。

Six feet, six figures.

Speaker 0

这要求并不高,六英尺身高,六位数收入。

That's not a lot to ask, Six feet, six figures.

Speaker 0

如果排除已婚男性、肥胖男性和50岁以上的男性,这仅占人口的2%。

If you take out married men, obese men, men over the age of 50, it's two percent of the population.

Speaker 0

如果你和结婚超过三十年的人交谈,80%的人会说最初有一方对另一方更感兴趣。

And if you talk to people who've been married longer than thirty years, eighty percent of them say one was much more interested in the beginning than the other.

Speaker 0

而几乎总是男方。

And it was almost always the man.

Speaker 0

现实情况是,丽兹,我们没那么挑剔。

The reality is, Liz, we're less choosy.

Speaker 0

如果一个房间里有100人,50男50女,并且有酒精助兴,大多数男性会同意与大多数女性发生关系。

If you have a room with 100 people, 50 men and 50 women and there's alcohol involved, the majority of the men would agree to have sex with the majority of the women.

Speaker 0

大多数女性一个男人都不会选择。

The majority of the women would sleep with none of the men.

Speaker 0

女性更为挑剔,通常在这些最终走到一起的关系中,女性会说'我最初并不太感兴趣,但我喜欢他在教堂里对待父母的方式'。

Women are choosier and typically what's happened in these relationships where people end up together is the woman says I wasn't initially that interested but I like the way he treated his parents in church.

Speaker 0

我们和同一个朋友圈一起玩,我发现他很风趣。

We hung out with the same friend group and I found he was funny.

Speaker 0

我喜欢他跳舞的样子。

I liked the way he danced.

Speaker 0

我喜欢他身上的味道。

I liked the way he smelled.

Speaker 0

我发现他真的很善良。

I found that he was really kind.

Speaker 0

他在工作中的表现让我印象深刻。

I was so impressed with him at work.

Speaker 0

他在自己的领域非常出色。

He was outstanding at what he does.

Speaker 0

如今年轻男性还能在哪些场合展现自己的卓越之处?

What venues now does a young man have to demonstrate excellence?

Speaker 0

如果他们不去教堂、不上学、不工作,他们又能在哪里有机会发展技能,并随着时间的推移展示自己的优势和能力呢?

If they're not going to church, they're not going to school, they're not going to work, where do they have the opportunity to develop the skills and then demonstrate their strengths and skills over time?

Speaker 0

而现在,这一切都被集中到了一个大多数人寻找伴侣或约会的媒介上,那就是网络。

And instead, it's been consolidated now to the one medium where most people are mating or finding dates, and that is online.

Speaker 0

任何市场一旦数字化,就会变成一个赢家通吃的环境。

And anytime you digitize any market, it does become a winner take most environment.

Speaker 0

然后他们就要面对这个几乎不可战胜的对手。

And then they're up against this almost indomitable foe.

Speaker 0

那就是标普500指数中40%的市值现在与AI相关,即所谓的'Magnumson 10'。

And that is 40 of the S and P by market value now is related to AI, the Magnumson 10.

Speaker 0

他们的目标并非恶意。

And their objective they're not malicious.

Speaker 0

但算法无意中发现,每当我们能把一个人从有机的哺乳动物世界拉进屏幕里一秒钟,我们就能从中获利。

But unwittingly, the algorithms have figured out for every second we can take someone out of the organic mammalia world and put them on a screen, we can monetize it.

Speaker 0

最容易将现实生活套现为网络生活的群体是年轻男性,因为他们前额叶皮层发育较不成熟,执行功能较弱,且容易对持续多巴胺刺激上瘾。

And the person who is most susceptible to arbitraging their real life to an online life is a young man because of a less mature prefrontal cortex, the executive function, the susceptibility to addiction around constant DOPA.

Speaker 0

因此当前经济体系的核心问题在于,我们通过将年轻人货币化来创造数万亿美元价值,本质上是在试图将年轻男性从他们的社会关系中隔离出来。

So ground zero for our economy right now, our monetizing our young people to drive trillions of dollars in value is essentially trying to sequester young men from their relationships.

Speaker 0

所以我担心,在这种由旧石器时代本能和中世纪机构监管的神级技术影响下,我们正在进化出一种新型的社交障碍、无性恋倾向的男性群体。

So I worry that at the hands of this godlike technology regulated by paleolithic instincts and medieval institutions that we're evolving a new species of asocial asexual males.

Speaker 0

我的预测是,除非我们通过项目和监管介入科技巨头,否则当你去商场时——今晚我要做一场2000人参与的现场播客——你会明显看到年轻男性越来越少。

And my prediction is unless we weigh in with programs and regulate big tech, when you go to malls I'm doing a live podcast tonight with 2,000 people I think you are going to visibly see fewer and fewer young men.

Speaker 0

我认为他们

I think they are

Speaker 1

外出或参加活动吗?

Going out or going to events?

Speaker 0

外出

Going out

Speaker 1

在现实世界中。

in the real world.

Speaker 0

我认为会有越来越多的年轻人独自待在房间里对着屏幕。

I think more and more of them are going to be alone in a room with a screen.

Speaker 0

既然有了Reddit和Discord,何必还要费心去建立社交圈呢?

And why go through the pecking order of trying to establish friends when you have Reddit and Discord?

Speaker 0

当你觉得自己能在Robinhood或Coinbase上交易股票或加密货币时,何必还要打领带、出席活动、应对职场中的种种困难和复杂局面?

Why put on a tie, show up, try and navigate the difficulties and complexities of the workplace when you think you can trade stocks or crypto on Robinhood or Coinbase?

Speaker 0

既然家里就有逼真的合成色情内容,何必还要经历建立恋爱或性关系所需的努力、开销、可能遭遇的拒绝、羞辱、以及坚持忍受挫折的过程?

And why would you go through the effort, the expense, the potential rejection, humiliation, effort, perseverance, willingness to endure rejection involved in establishing a romantic or a sexual relationship when you have synthetic lifelike porn at home.

Speaker 0

所以我认为我们将面临这样一种情况——现在每七个男性中就有一个被称为'尼特族'。

So I think we're going to have essentially, I mean there's now one out of seven men are called NEETs.

Speaker 0

他们既没有在接受教育,也没有就业或参加培训。

They're neither in education, employment, or in training.

Speaker 0

他们真的什么都不做。

They're literally doing nothing.

Speaker 0

而63%的30岁以下男性甚至没有尝试过约会。

And sixty three percent of men under the age of 30 aren't even trying to date.

Speaker 1

如果他们整天除了消费什么都不做,既不发展线下技能,也不培养线上技能来为世界创造价值,他们如何生存?

How do they survive if you're not doing anything except for consuming all day and you're not developing skills offline or even online skills to create value in the world?

Speaker 1

你是怎么生存下来的?

How are you surviving?

Speaker 1

是不是仅仅依靠政府、家人或他人的资助?

Is it just you're getting checks from the government or your family or people paying for them?

Speaker 1

这到底是怎么运作的?

How does this work?

Speaker 0

这是个非常好的问题。

It's a really good question.

Speaker 0

从食品券到失业救济,再到福利和医疗补助,政府提供了各种服务。

There are government services in everything from SNAP to unemployment to welfare to Medicaid.

Speaker 0

疫情期间他们还收到了经济刺激支票。

They had stimulus checks during COVID.

Speaker 0

25岁以下的男性中,有三分之一仍与父母同住。

One out of three men under the age of 25 is living at their parents.

Speaker 0

30岁以下人群中,每五人中就有一个如此。

One out of five under the age of 30.

Speaker 0

到了30岁,仍有五分之一的男性住在父母家。

At 30, one in five men are still living at home.

Speaker 0

所以我认为部分兼职工作、政府补助以及父母支持是主要来源。

So I think that some part time work, some government assistance, their parents.

Speaker 0

不过确实很多男性——我甚至不该只说男性,因为理查德·里夫斯在这方面就像我的尤达大师。

But yeah, a lot of men and I won't even say men because kind of my Yoda around all of this is Richard Reeves.

Speaker 0

你请理查德上过你的播客吗?

Have you had Richard on your podcast?

Speaker 0

理查德带来了数据和真正的严谨分析。

So Richard brings like the data and the actual rigor.

Speaker 0

我只是比他嗓门大些。但他有个很棒的试金石来判断男性何时成长为男人,因为确实很多男性至死都未曾真正成为男人。

I'm just louder than him But he has this great litmus test for when a male becomes a man because I do think a lot of males die never really having become men.

Speaker 1

男性何时才算成长为男人?

When does a male become a man?

Speaker 0

我很喜欢'剩余价值'这个术语。

I love this term uses surplus value.

Speaker 0

当你从创造性的角度来看待人际关系时。

When you approach relationships from a generative viewpoint.

Speaker 0

所以我常对儿子们说,你们现在还是负价值。

So growing up I say to my boys you're negative value right now.

Speaker 0

学校在你们身上投入了大量时间和资源。

You got a school spending a ton of time and resources on you.

Speaker 0

父母给你们的爱比你们回报的更多。

Your parents are giving you more love than you're giving us.

Speaker 0

社会为你们提供了道路等公共设施。

Society is providing you with roads.

Speaker 0

如果你拨打911,总会有人接听。

If you call 911, someone's gonna pick up.

Speaker 0

而你们还没有创造任何税收收入。

You're generating any tax revenue.

Speaker 0

没有创造价值

Not adding value.

Speaker 0

你处处都是负价值

You're negative value everywhere.

Speaker 0

我认为当你成为真正的男人时——不是指年龄,也不是某种宗教仪式

And at some point, I think when you become a man, not age, it's not some sort of religious ceremony.

Speaker 0

而是当你创造的经济价值超过你消耗的时候

It's when you are generating more economic value than you're absorbing.

Speaker 0

是当你关注他人生活,承受的抱怨多于你发出的抱怨时

It's when you're noticing people's lives and absorbing more complaints than you're making.

Speaker 0

坦白说,是当你给予他人的关爱与庇护超过你曾获得的时

Quite frankly, it's when you're giving more love and more cloud cover for other people than you have received.

Speaker 0

理查德用的术语是:你正在创造剩余价值,对吧?

You're adding surplus value is the term that Richard uses, right?

Speaker 0

是的

Yes.

Speaker 0

我认为很多男性永远达不到那个境界。

And I think a lot of males never get there.

Speaker 0

永远达不到,我认识一些人,他们父母都80岁了还在向父母抱怨。

Never get, I still know people who call their parents and complain when their parents are 80.

Speaker 0

这就像,到了某个时候角色应该反转,该由你来照顾父母了。

And it's like okay at some point it needs to flip where you're taking care of your parents.

Speaker 0

而且我得出这个结论时意识到,按照这个标准,我直到40多岁才真正成为男人,因为我曾经是那种人——如果在一段友谊中我获得的快乐和情谊少于付出,我就会觉得在这场资本主义交易中处于不利位置,然后退出这段友谊。

And also I came to this conclusion recognizing I didn't really by that standard become a man until I was in my 40s because I used to be that guy that approached every relationship of if I wasn't getting more joy and camaraderie from a friend than I was giving, it was like I'm on the wrong side of this capitalist trade and I'd exit the friendship.

Speaker 0

有意思。

Interesting.

Speaker 0

如果我陪女友父母在他们来访时花时间相处,我就会期待她付出同等或更多时间。

If I spent time with my girlfriend's parents when they were in town, I would expect her to spend as much or more time.

Speaker 0

如果我感觉员工创造的价值远低于我支付的薪水,我就会想:好吧,这样行不通。

If I felt an employee wasn't giving me a lot more value than I was paying them, I'm thinking, Okay, this isn't working.

Speaker 0

我会解雇他们。

I'd let them go.

Speaker 0

我曾完全抱着这种将人际关系视为交易的心态。

I was all about this mindset of relationships as a transaction.

Speaker 0

后来我逐渐意识到,这与创造额外价值和成为真正男人的意义恰恰相反。

And then what I've come to realize is like that's the opposite of what it means to add surplus value and be a man.

Speaker 0

最根本的试金石首先是你要照顾好自己。

That The ultimate kind of litmus test is first you got to take care of yourself.

Speaker 0

你得先戴好自己的氧气面罩。

You got to fix your own oxygen mask.

Speaker 0

然后照顾你的家人。

Then you take care of your family.

Speaker 0

接着照顾你的社区。

Then you take care of your community.

Speaker 0

理想情况下还要守护你的国家。

Ideally take care of your country or protect your country.

Speaker 0

而我认为,男子气概的最高境界是栽种那些你永远无法乘凉的树。

Then And the ultimate expression I think of manhood is you plant trees the shade of which you'll never sit under.

Speaker 0

所以这对我来说是一段旅程,但我很喜欢关系中这种盈余创造价值的概念。

So it's a kind of a journey for me but I like the idea this notion of surplus generative value in relationships.

Speaker 1

我很赞同这个观点。

I love that.

Speaker 1

我曾经认为,当你有了孩子或失去父亲时,或许在情感或精神层面,你就成为了一个男人。

I used to think that you become a man, and maybe it's more emotionally or spiritually when you have a child and when you lose your father.

Speaker 1

就像你必须经历某种精神上的突破。

Like you have to step into some type of spiritual breakthrough.

Speaker 1

但后来我想,好吧,其实任何人都可以生孩子。

But then I was like, okay, well anyone could have kids.

Speaker 1

他们可以生很多孩子,但未必真正承担起父亲的责任。

They could just have lots of kids, but not really be there as a father, as a dad.

Speaker 1

所以当我几年前失去父亲时,我真的感觉到自己内心发生了某种转变。

So, and when I lost my father a few years ago, I really felt like, oh, something shifted in me.

Speaker 1

其实早在二十年前他遭遇脑损伤时,我在精神上就已经失去他了。

Almost I lost him mentally twenty years ago when he went through a brain injury.

Speaker 1

他遭遇了一场事故,虽然肉体还活着,但在情感上已经无法给予支持。

He had an accident and he was alive physically, but emotionally he wasn't available.

Speaker 1

他不再能提供精神、情感或经济上的支持。

He wasn't a provider anymore with spiritual, emotional, or financial support.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yep.

Speaker 1

所以更像是需要我来支撑他,我们全家都得照顾他。

So it was more like I had to support him and our family had to support him.

Speaker 1

但当他完全离世时,仿佛某种更深层次的转变发生了——我意识到现在必须真正进入这种精神或心理层面的存在状态,因为我再也不能指望父亲来拯救我了。

But then when he fully passed physically, it's like something also shifted at a whole another level of like, oh, I really need to step into this spiritual or psychological way of being now because I can no longer rely that my father's gonna rescue me.

Speaker 1

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

尽管他曾经在世时或许还能以某种方式帮我解围,但现在父亲再也不能为我兜底了。

Even though he was here, like, maybe he could have bailed me out some way, but no longer can my father bail me out.

Speaker 1

确实。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

现在有了双胞胎,就像,哦,我必须继续成长为一个男人,继续成为自己的领导者,成为配偶的领导者。是的。

And now having twins, it's like, oh, I have to I get to continue to step up as a man, continue to step up as a a leader to myself, a leader to my spouse Yeah.

Speaker 1

成为我们大家庭的领导者。

A leader to our extended families.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

并在情感上、精神上、身体上和经济上提供支持。

And provide emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

并持续进化。

And continue to evolve.

Speaker 1

我不能...我不知道。

I can't be I don't know.

Speaker 1

我不再有表现得像个孩子的能力了。

I I don't have the ability anymore to act like a child.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

你懂我的意思吗?

You know what I mean?

Speaker 1

我可以在精神上保持童真。

I can be childlike energetically.

Speaker 1

对。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

但我必须能够提供一个空间去服务他人,超越自我。

But I have to be able to provide a space to serve and serve beyond me.

Speaker 1

没错。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

当然,也需要照顾好自己。

Obviously, need to take care of me.

Speaker 1

但我听到你说的目标是:我们如何能创造比索取多得多的价值?

But the goal that I'm hearing you say is how can we add way more value than we're taking?

Speaker 1

我认为这是其中的一部分。

And I think that is part of it.

Speaker 1

所以我现在不知道我的定义是什么,或者说你真正成为它的时刻。

So I don't know what my, you know, definition now is, like, or when you truly become it.

Speaker 1

不知道你是否能真正步入成熟,如果你的父亲还在世且你没有孩子的话。

Don't know if you can truly step into, like, manhood if your father's still alive and if you don't have kids.

Speaker 0

我不

I don't

Speaker 1

知道是否还存在一些孩子气的男孩能量,直到

know if there's still some, like, childish boy energy until

Speaker 0

其中

one of

Speaker 1

这些事情发生,但是,是的。

those things happen, but Yeah.

Speaker 1

我不知道。

I don't know.

Speaker 1

你对此有什么看法?

What are your thoughts on that?

Speaker 0

是啊,我觉得有很多人从未有过孩子却成为了男人。

Yeah, think there's a lot of people become men who never have kids.

Speaker 0

你谈到的出生与死亡确实是促使人们成长、开始以男子汉方式行事的重要激励点。

So the way you talked about kind of birth and death are tremendous points of inspiration to kind of grow up and start behaving in a way that makes you men.

Speaker 0

但我认为很多人有了孩子却从未成为真正的男人。

But I think a lot of people have kids and never become men.

Speaker 0

这倒是事实。

That's true.

Speaker 0

还有很多人父母活到五六十岁,他们自己也始终没成为真正的男人。

And a lot of people who have parents live well into their 50s or 60s never become a man.

Speaker 0

不过你说的确实引起共鸣,我想到两个促使我成为更好男人/达到男子气概的动机。

But what you say resonates in the sense that I think of kind of the two, I would say what motivated me to be a better man or get to manhood.

Speaker 0

这两个动机都涉及女性。

And they both involve women.

Speaker 0

其中一个比另一个更值得称道。

And one's more virtuous than the other.

Speaker 0

那是我妈妈生病的时候,我当时25、26岁,之前一直浑浑噩噩地生活,直到那时才振作起来。

And that is when my mom, I was kind of sleepwalking through life, didn't get my act together until I was about 25, 26.

Speaker 0

我妈妈病得很重。

And my mom got really sick.

Speaker 0

而我当时没有钱。

And I didn't have the money.

Speaker 0

她从研究生院给我打电话。

She called me from graduates.

Speaker 0

我当时在读研究生。

I was in graduate school.

Speaker 0

她刚做完第二次乳房切除手术,因为医院费用昂贵,所以提前出院了。

She'd had her second mastectomy and got discharged early from the hospital because hospitals are expensive.

Speaker 0

她在家给我打电话说,你需要回来一趟。

And she was at home and she called me and said you need to come home.

Speaker 0

我真的情况很糟糕。

I'm really in a bad way.

Speaker 0

我妈妈不是那种夸张的人。

My mom was not dramatic.

Speaker 0

于是我搭乘航班从伯克利赶回,走进那个让我不知所措的局面。

So I got on a flight back from Berkeley and I walked into the situation where I said I just didn't know how to deal with it.

Speaker 0

有些事情是儿子无法为母亲做到的。

And there's just certain things a a son can't do for his mother.

Speaker 0

我记得当时在想,我得给她请个护士。

And I remember thinking, I need to get her a nurse.

Speaker 0

我打了电话。

And I called.

Speaker 0

护士每小时收费35美元,而我名下只有大约700美元。

The nurses were $35 an hour, and I had about $700 in my name.

Speaker 0

那种羞愧感,就像在说:好吧,我是独生子,是被单亲移民母亲抚养长大的唯一孩子。

And just the shame, it's like, Okay, I'm the only son, the only child of a single immigrant mother taking care of me my whole life.

Speaker 0

她现在非常脆弱,而我却达不到自己的期望。

She's really vulnerable right now and I can't live up to my expectations.

Speaker 1

是啊,这确实很难。

Yeah, that's tough.

Speaker 0

那真的让人很沮丧,就在那一刻我决定:听着,你无法决定经济上是否安稳,但你可以选择全力以赴。

That was really upsetting and at that moment I decided look, you can't decide to be economically secure but you can decide to kind of go all in.

Speaker 0

那时我才真正振作起来,告诉自己:好吧,你无法掌控他们。

And that's when I really got my act together and said, Okay, you can't control them.

Speaker 0

市场力量胜过个人努力。

The market trumps individual dynamics.

Speaker 0

有些才华横溢的人终生勤奋工作、敢于冒险,却始终未能成功。

And there's some exceptionally talented people that work really hard their whole life and take risks and never get there.

Speaker 0

虽然无法掌控这些,但我决定要在自己能掌控的领域加倍努力。

Control that but the things you can't control I decided I was going to work really hard.

Speaker 0

这对我产生了极大的激励作用。

That was very motivating for me.

Speaker 0

而另一件事就不那么高尚了。

And then the other thing is less virtuous.

Speaker 0

我很早就注意到,那些在职业和经济上都很成功的男人更受女性青睐。

I noticed early that guys who had their together professionally and economically They attracted more women.

Speaker 0

似乎能吸引到更广泛的择偶对象。

Seemed to be attracting a broader selection set of mates.

Speaker 0

在UCLA时我就发现,大一女生喜欢幽默、酷炫、会穿衣服的男生,但到了大四,她们就对医学院预科生特别感兴趣。

And I even saw it through UCLA, the freshmen were interested in guys that were funny and cool and dressed well and by the time they were seniors, they were very interested in that guy going to medical school.

Speaker 0

虽然我们不愿谈论这点,但女性被男性吸引通常有三个原因。

And we don't like to talk about this, but women are attracted to men for three reasons.

Speaker 0

第一是资源信号。

The first is to signal resources.

Speaker 0

你不需要开着路虎或戴着沛纳海来证明。

And you don't have to show up at the Range Rover or Panerai.

Speaker 0

你只需要成为一个靠谱的人。

You can just be someone who has together.

Speaker 0

就像这个人会是个好供养者。

It's like this guy's going to be a good provider.

Speaker 0

第二点是幽默。

The second is humor.

Speaker 0

我们上次讨论过这个,或者说是才智。

We talked about this in the last one or intellect.

Speaker 0

然后第三点,我认为这是男性在求偶中最未被充分利用的秘密武器——善良。

And then the third and this I think is the most underleveraged secret weapon in mating for a man is kindness.

Speaker 0

这是因为女性本能地认为,由于怀孕或体型较小,她们在某些时候会处于弱势。

And that is women instinctively believe at some point they'll be vulnerable because of gestation or they're physically smaller.

Speaker 0

所以她们非常容易被表现出善良的男性所吸引。

So they're very drawn to men who demonstrate kindness.

Speaker 0

这种善良表现为不求回报的慷慨行为。

And that is acts of generosity with no reciprocal expectation.

Speaker 0

而大多数人、大多数男性都理解前两点。

And that's the most people most men understand one and two.

Speaker 0

但他们不明白的是,他们需要练习善良。

But what they don't understand is they need a kindness practice.

Speaker 0

因为我确实认为善良是可以学习的。

Because I do think you can learn kindness.

Speaker 0

这始于礼仪。

It starts with manners.

Speaker 0

但如果你每天尝试做些小小的慷慨之举,我认为这会逐渐成为第二天性。

But if you try to small acts of generosity every day, I do think it starts to become second nature.

Speaker 0

但我想照顾我的母亲,坦白说,我还想有更多约会机会。

But I wanted to take care of my mom and quite frankly, I wanted more dates.

Speaker 0

这两件事都激励我努力成为一个更好的男人。

And both those things were very motivating for me to try and be a better man.

Speaker 0

然后你谈到了养育孩子的事。

And then what you talked about having kids.

Speaker 1

你生孩子时多大年纪?

How old were you when you had kids?

展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
Speaker 0

我起步晚,42岁才要孩子。

I started late, was 42.

Speaker 0

是啊,我也是。

Yeah, me too.

Speaker 0

你42岁。

You're 42.

Speaker 0

哦,你42岁啊。

Oh, you're 42.

Speaker 1

刚有孩子不久。

Just had kids.

Speaker 0

是啊,你42岁的状态和我42岁时可不一样。

Yeah, you at 42 is a different look than me at 42.

Speaker 0

总之,当我孩子冒失地从我女朋友肚子里出来时,那是2008年,我那时已经一无所有了。

Anyways, but when my kid came marching or had the poor judgment to come marching out of my girlfriend, it was 2008 and I had lost everything.

Speaker 1

哦就在房地产危机那会儿,是啊。

Oh right at the housing crisis, yeah.

Speaker 0

我总是全力以赴。

I always gone all in.

Speaker 0

我在旧金山成为了一名职业经纪人,在那里你应该全力以赴,用股票抵押借款,而且你被灌输的思想是,如果你真的很有才华,就要为胜利而战,认为自己非常出色,只要100%投入某件事就一定能成功,却再次忽视了多样性的力量。

I became a professional agent in San Francisco where you're supposed to go all in, borrow money against your stocks, and you were kind of taught if you're really talented, you're in it to win it, and you can I'm so awesome that if I throw myself at something 100% it's going to win, not recognizing again the power of diversity.

Speaker 0

所以我曾三次变得富有,这意味着我失去过两次财富。

So I've been wealthy three times, which means I've lost it twice.

Speaker 0

我在2000年失去了一切。

And I lost it in 2000.

Speaker 0

然后我重新爬起来,有了孩子,就在那一刻又失去了一切,因为我愚蠢地没有分散投资。

Then I crawled my way back, had a kid, and literally at that moment lost everything because I was too stupid to diversify.

Speaker 0

你读过那本关于金钱的书。

You read the book on money.

Speaker 0

我当时还没学会分散投资的力量。

I hadn't learned the power of diversification.

Speaker 0

当我的孩子来到这个世界时,迎接他的不是明亮的灯光和天使的歌声。

And when my kid entered the world, it wasn't bright lights and angels singing.

Speaker 0

我真的感到焦虑和羞愧。

I literally felt anxiety and shame.

Speaker 0

我心想,不仅把自己搞砸了,现在还把完全依赖我的人也给连累了。虽然我本身就有抑郁倾向,容易把事态想得过于悲观,但我记得当时恶心得厉害,焦虑到必须坐下来。

I'm like not only have I screwed up for me but now I've screwed up for someone who is totally dependent upon me and granted I struggle with depression so I have a tendency to see dark things as black but I remember I was so nauseous and so anxious that I had to sit down.

Speaker 0

我觉得那时他们更担心的是我,而不是孩子的母亲,而我却无法说出'我感到失败'这句话。

They were more worried about me I think than the mother of the kid at that point and I couldn't say I feel failure.

Speaker 0

我觉得自己已经辜负了这个新生命。

I feel like I've already let this thing down.

Speaker 0

所以对我来说,这反而成了强大的动力。

So for me, that was very motivating.

Speaker 0

我认为养育孩子确实充满压力。

I think having kids is stressful.

Speaker 0

不是说每个人都适合,但这确实让我成为了更好的男人,因为我想以身作则树立好榜样。

I'm not saying it's for everybody, but it definitely has made me a better man because I want to model good behavior.

Speaker 0

现在我更加认真地承担起供养者和保护者的责任。

I take being a provider and a protector much more seriously now.

Speaker 0

因此我认为这确实是男性气概的三根支柱:供养者、保护者、繁衍者。

And so I do think this is kind of the three legs of the masculinity stool provider, protector, procreator.

Speaker 0

我认为这些确实是构成男性气概的坚实基础,而培养成为这三种角色所需的技能、优势和特质,大致上就是我心目中坦率而言的男性气概定义。

I do think those are decent legs of the stool and the skills and strengths and attributes you want to develop to be all three of those things are loosely thinking what I believe it means to be quite frankly masculine.

Speaker 0

但这本书更多是关于我犯过的错误、从中吸取的教训,以及如何围绕这些经历成长。

But the book is really more about where I screwed up and what I learned from it and try to evolve around it.

Speaker 0

不过说真的,我第一次面对这种情况时——听说你刚有了双胞胎。

But yeah, my first encounter, I know you just had twins.

Speaker 0

你现在的表现比我当时好多了。

You're doing much better than I was at that moment.

Speaker 0

但我当时感受到了巨大的压力和焦虑。

But I felt a ton of stress and anxiety.

Speaker 0

不过这段经历也让我收获颇丰。

But it also is very productive for me.

Speaker 0

而我为孩子担忧的事情之一,就是我自己的成长环境并不富裕——至少在物质条件上是这样。

And one of the things I worry about with my kids is that I didn't grow up with a lot, at least not economically.

Speaker 0

我想说的是,如果我拥有我的孩子们所拥有的一切,我就不会拥有我现在的一切。

And I would say if I had what my kids have, I wouldn't have what I have.

Speaker 0

我经常思考的是如何培养那种坚韧的品质。

And a lot of what I think about is how do you instill that sense of grit.

Speaker 0

对孩子来说,一点点恐惧感可能是有益的。

And a little bit of fear is probably good in kids.

Speaker 0

因为真正激励我的东西——如果我拥有我的孩子们所拥有的一切——我唯一可能沉迷的恐怕就是路虎揽胜和可卡因了。

Because the things that really motivated me if I had what my kids have, the only things I know I would have engaged in is like a Range Rover and a cocaine habit.

Speaker 0

我本质上是个懒惰的人。

I'm a fundamentally lazy person.

Speaker 0

年轻时我并没有拯救世界的抱负。

When I was younger, I didn't want to save the world.

Speaker 0

我不够善良。

I wasn't kind.

Speaker 0

我也没想过要创造价值。

I wasn't trying to add value.

Speaker 0

我渴望经济保障,因为缺乏它曾给我的生活带来太多焦虑。

I wanted economic security because an absence of it had caused so much anxiety in my life.

Speaker 0

我在想,如果你在富裕环境中长大,你是在有钱的家庭长大的吗?

And I think that if you grow up with money did you grow up with money?

Speaker 0

不是。

No.

Speaker 0

我认为有钱人可以同情那些没钱的人。

If people have money, I think they can sympathize with people who don't.

Speaker 0

但我不认为他们能真正感同身受,因为就像有个幽灵一直跟着我和我母亲,说我们不配。

But I don't really think they can fully empathize because it's as if my mom and I had this ghost following us around saying you're not worthy.

Speaker 0

你搞砸了。

You screwed up.

Speaker 0

你和你母亲都搞砸了。

You and your mom screwed up.

Speaker 0

当我没能被录取率74%的UCLA录取时,我成了那26%被拒的少数。

When I didn't get into UCLA down the road, they a 74% admissions rate and I was one of the twenty six percent that didn't get in.

Speaker 0

我记得当时去找朋友的父母,他们知道我没被录取。

I remember people, I went to my friend's parents and they knew I didn't got in.

Speaker 0

他们说,你明天就该坐飞机去密歇根,直接到招生办公室报到,你这么聪明。

They're like, you should get on a plane tomorrow and go to Michigan and show up at the admissions office and you're so smart.

Speaker 0

我听着这些话,心想‘去密歇根’——

And I'm listening, I'm like go to Michigan.

Speaker 0

可我连信用卡都没有。

I don't have a credit card.

Speaker 0

我这辈子就坐过两次飞机。

I've been on a plane like twice.

Speaker 0

我们根本负担不起这种开销。

We don't have that kind of money.

Speaker 0

我掏不起两三百美元就为了去露个脸。

I can't afford to spend 200 or $300 to go and show.

Speaker 0

这背后是自信的缺失、人脉的匮乏,说实在的还有种金钱阶层无法理解的处世经验的欠缺——以及那种如影随形的焦虑。

There's just a lack of confidence, a lack of contacts, a lack of quite frankly sophistication that people with money can't even relate to and the anxiety.

Speaker 0

我记得这种情况,我不称之为创伤,有人经历过更糟的创伤。

I remember like this, I don't call it trauma, people have worse trauma.

Speaker 0

我就是那种随时可能找不到钥匙的人。

I'm one of those people that's always five minutes away from losing your keys.

Speaker 0

我什么都丢,前妻总说要不是我的老二还长在身上,我们准能在Soho的牌桌旁找到它,旁边还摆着《好家伙》剧本和涅槃乐队专辑。

I lose everything and my ex wife used to say if my dick wasn't attached we'd find it on a card table in Soho next to a Goodfella script and a Nirvana album.

Speaker 0

我一周就丢了两件夹克。

And I lost two jackets in one week.

Speaker 0

不知为何那时候夹克要30美元一件。

And jackets were $30 for some reason.

Speaker 0

当时夹克市场简直像被垄断集团操控。

It was like a monopoly or a cartel in jackets.

Speaker 0

那种恐惧和焦虑至今记忆犹新。

And I remember just the fear and anxiety.

Speaker 0

我故意连续两晚在朋友家过夜,只因不敢告诉妈妈我又丢了件夹克——我知道她会崩溃的。

I purposely spent the night at my friends two nights in a row because I just couldn't face telling my mom I'd lost another jacket because I knew she was going to melt down.

Speaker 0

我母亲当时处于非常脆弱的状态,她会彻底崩溃,这让人非常痛苦。

My mom was in a very vulnerable place and she would just lose her and that was very distressing.

Speaker 0

所以我一直非常专注。

So I've been so focused.

Speaker 0

对这本书的一些批评确实很准确,那就是我太关注金钱了。

Some of the critiques of the book is that and it's actually an accurate critique it's that I'm too focused on money.

Speaker 0

而且我认为金钱能解决一个人的问题。

And that I think money will solve a man's problems.

Speaker 0

这确实是一个非常准确的批评。

And that's actually a really accurate critique.

Speaker 0

但这种想法源于曾经的一无所有。

But that comes from a place of not having it.

Speaker 0

当我获得经济保障后,一切都变得轻松美好了许多。

And things just got so much easier and better for me once I had economic security.

Speaker 1

嗯,我同意这确实是部分原因,但如果你有钱却不善良,只会像恶人一样毁掉别人的生活。

Well, I think it's part of it for sure like you said, but also if you're not kind and you have money, you're going to just ruin people's lives if you're just like mean.

Speaker 1

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 1

拥有所有的钱。

Have all the money.

Speaker 1

我有资源。

I have resources.

Speaker 1

我风趣又聪明,但为人刻薄。

I'm funny and I'm intelligent, but I'm mean.

Speaker 1

这对任何与他们建立关系的人来说都是灾难,无论是商业伙伴、团队成员,还是企业经营者,甚至是总统。

That is a disaster for any person coming into a relationship with them, whether it be a business partner or a team member if they're running a business or The president.

Speaker 1

总统或金融...我这么说吧。

The president or a finance I say that.

Speaker 1

我不清楚

I don't know the political leanings

Speaker 0

你或你的听众的政治倾向。

of you or your audience.

Speaker 0

但我发现,我们本应仰望的那些男性榜样——世界首富、资本主义赢家、总统之流

But I find that some of the role models for masculinity that we should naturally look up to the wealthiest man in the world, he's won capitalism, and the president.

Speaker 0

我认为他们并非年轻男性的良好榜样

And I don't think they're very strong role models for young men.

Speaker 0

我认为他们将男子气概与粗鲁残忍混为一谈

I think they've conflated masculinity with coarseness and cruelty.

Speaker 0

同时被两名女性起诉要求单独抚养权,只因你从未探望过自己的孩子——这简直是对男子气概的最大讽刺

Being sued concurrently by two women for sole custody of your child because you haven't seen that child, that couldn't be any less masculine.

Speaker 0

切断对HIV阳性母亲的援助

Cutting off aid to HIV positive mothers.

Speaker 0

我想不出还有什么比这更缺乏男子气概的行为了

I just can't think of anything less masculine than that.

Speaker 0

这些人确实获得了巨大的财富成功

It's like these guys have recognized tremendous prosperity.

Speaker 0

这确实令人印象深刻

That's really impressive.

Speaker 0

但繁荣的全部意义在于你能转向保护他人

But the whole point of prosperity is you can move to protection.

Speaker 0

这才是完整的使命

That's the whole shooting match.

Speaker 0

如果你在保护自己之后不能挺身而出保护他人,那繁荣的意义何在?

What's the point of prosperity if you can't get off your heels and onto your toes and protect others after you've protected yourself?

Speaker 0

我认为美国一些最有权势的男人恰恰错过了他们男子气概成长路上的这一整段历程

And I think some of the most powerful men in The United States have just missed that whole part of their journey towards manhood.

Speaker 0

这真令人失望

I think it's really disappointing.

Speaker 0

即便回顾镀金时代,那些曾经贪婪成性的人一旦功成名就,也确实感受到了公民义务的责任

Even if you look back at the Gilded Age, some of these men who were just rapacious, once they got there, they did feel a real obligation, a civic obligation.

Speaker 0

而如今在科技巨头和政府中的某些人,我觉得他们似乎跳过了男子气概中'保护'这个支柱

And that's where I think some of the individuals in big tech and in our government right now, I feel as if they've kind of skipped that whole protection part of the masculinity stool, if you will.

Speaker 1

繁衍、保护和供养——这就是那三条支柱吗?

Procreation, protection, and providing are those the three stools?

Speaker 1

供养者。

Provider.

Speaker 1

供养者。

Provider.

Speaker 0

然后转向保护。

And then move to protection.

Speaker 0

操作系统始终围绕保护,不仅仅是身体上的。

Operating system around always protecting not just physical.

Speaker 0

像你这样体型的人会在酒吧劝架。

Guys like your size break up fights at bars.

Speaker 0

他们不会挑起事端。

They don't start them.

Speaker 1

但情感保护、心理保护,所有这些都很重要。

But emotional protection, psychological protection, all these things.

Speaker 0

当你听到有人在背后说别人坏话时,默认的操作系统应该是介入,至少不参与,最好能保护他们。

When you hear someone talking shit about someone behind their back, default operating system should be to weigh in and minimum not participate and ideally protect them.

Speaker 0

你可能不认同跨性别群体。

You may not agree with the transgender community.

Speaker 0

你可能像我一样,认为企业被法律强制要求设置第三卫生间很荒谬。

You may be like me and think it's ridiculous that firms have to have legally mandated third bathrooms.

Speaker 0

我觉得这毫无道理。

I don't think that makes any sense.

Speaker 0

我认为允许一个身高六尺五寸的跨性别女性参加NC2A游泳比赛很荒唐。

I think it's ridiculous that we allowed a transgender woman who's six foot five to show up to an NC2A swim meet.

Speaker 0

我觉得这完全不合常理。

I think that's just irrational.

Speaker 0

虽然初衷是好的,但我认为这种做法不理性。

It starts from a good place but I think that's irrational.

Speaker 0

但与此同时,我不明白为什么人们要妖魔化这个群体,在他们光荣服役的情况下还要将其赶出军队。

But at the same time I just don't see any reason why people want to demonize this community and start kicking them out of the military when they're served honorably.

Speaker 0

当我们通过州法律禁止高中出现跨性别运动员时,有人问南达科他州高中有没有跨性别运动员,结果一个都找不到。

When we start passing laws in states that say there can't be any transgender athletes in high school and then someone actually says are there any transgender athletes in high school in South Dakota and they can't find one.

Speaker 0

这纯粹是在妖魔化一个群体。

That's just demonizing a community.

Speaker 0

这还不到美国人口的1%。

This is less than 1% of the American population.

Speaker 0

所以没错,民主党人或左派人士是否走得太远了?

So yeah, have Democrats or people on the left gone way too far?

Speaker 0

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

但随后又加入进来,只是出于恶意并妖魔化一个群体。

But then to weigh in with just being mean and demonizing a community.

Speaker 0

所以女性应该能够过马路,因为她们看到街对面有男性,而不是避开他们。

So women should be able to cross the street because they see men on that side of the street not avoid them.

Speaker 0

女性说她们在男性身边感到不安全,这令人心碎。

That's heartbreaking that women say they don't feel safe around men.

Speaker 0

我认为我们必须从小教育我们的男孩,保护确实是一个关键要素。

I think we have to teach our young boys from a very early age protection is really a key component.

Speaker 0

最后一点更具争议性的是关于生育的问题。

And then the last one is more controversial is procreation.

Speaker 0

我认为男性渴望浪漫和性关系这一需求已被病态化和妖魔化。

And that is I think men wanting romantic and sexual relationships has been pathologized and demonized.

Speaker 0

我认为这是特性而非缺陷,因为如果男性想要建立关系——坦率地说包括性关系——我在南滩罗利酒店的泳池边看到我的伴侣时,想的并不是‘将来和她建立关系能获得更低的汽车保险费率’。

And I think it's a feature not a bug Because if men want to have relationships and quite frankly sex I didn't see my partner at the pool at the Raleigh Hotel in South Beach and think I would like someday to have a relationship with her to get lower rates on auto insurance.

Speaker 0

我看着她时,坦白说想的是‘我非常想和那个女人发生关系’,这种欲望之火可能具有破坏性。

I saw her and thought quite frankly I would really like to have sex with that woman and that desire, that fire can be destructive.

Speaker 0

但大多数时候,这种火被引擎驯服后就能创造进步。

But most of the time it's fire that's captured in an engine and creates progress.

Speaker 0

这种进步体现在保持身材、提升着装品位、建立声誉、成为供养者、培养毅力,以及发展我认为贯穿人生多维度的关键能力——承受拒绝的能力。

Progress towards being fit, being a better dresser, having a rep, being a provider, having perseverance, and developing what I think is the key skill in life across multiple dimensions and that is the ability to endure rejection.

Speaker 0

你在这里建立的一切都不是凭空出现的。

All the shit you've built here, this didn't just happen.

Speaker 0

我唯一知道的是,这其中包含了无数次的拒绝——这种能力至今仍在。

The only thing I know that was involved in this was a lot of no's the ability Still today.

Speaker 0

那种被迎面痛击后,仍能站起来,掸去灰尘,重返赛场的能力。

The ability to get hit in the face, beamed in the face, get up, dust up, and get back to the plate.

Speaker 0

我认为男性在追求关系过程中培养的许多技能不仅具有启发性,更是他们人生其他领域发展的关键。

And I think a lot of the skills men develop pursuing relationships are not only informative and educational but really key to developing skills across the rest of their lives.

Speaker 0

如果你见过这样的人——你觉得他们才华横溢却赚得超出预期,或是伴侣比他们更优秀迷人——我几乎可以断定他们掌握了一项关键技能:用勺子吃饭的能力。而人生每个重大机遇背后,都堆积着无数次的拒绝。

And if you ever see someone where you think, oh, they're talented but they seem to have made more money than I would have guessed or they're with someone higher character and more attractive in them, I can almost guarantee you that one skill set and that is the ability to get out a spoon and eat and every great yes in your life will involve one thing and that is a ridiculous number of no's come before it.

Speaker 0

最近有个惊人数据:18至24岁男性中,40%从未当面邀请过女性约会。

And there's a scary stat that just came out that 40% of men eighteen to twenty four have never asked a woman out in person.

Speaker 0

哇,真的吗?

Wow, really?

Speaker 0

所以如果你作为男性,能主动接近女性,在表达爱慕之情的同时让她感到安全,你几乎已经超越了半数男性。

So if you're a dude that's willing to go up to a woman, figure out a way to express romantic interest while making her feel safe, you're almost already in the top half of men.

Speaker 0

但现在的男性不再主动追求女性——这只是我的观察所得。

But men aren't approaching women and this is anecdotal evidence.

Speaker 0

这方面我没有具体数据。

I don't have data on this.

Speaker 0

但当我经常外出时,和单身女性交谈时她们会说:我在这儿,我单身,我准备好社交了。

But when I go out to places on a regular basis, when I speak to single women, they'll say, I'm here, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.

Speaker 0

看看我,我看起来棒极了。

Look at me, I look amazing.

Speaker 1

她们确实在发出信号,没错。

They're signaling it, yes.

Speaker 0

却没有男性来接近我。

And no men approach me.

Speaker 0

且不论《大西洋月刊》《纽约时报》怎么说,80%的女性仍表示希望男性主动搭讪。

And regardless of what The Atlantic, The New York Times will say, 80% of women still say they want the man to make the approach.

Speaker 0

她们不想主动接近男性。

They don't want to be approaching men.

Speaker 0

对五分之四的女性来说,主动搭讪就是感觉不自然。

It just doesn't feel natural for four out of five women.

Speaker 0

我担心男性正受到诱惑,接收着混乱的信息。

And I worry that men are being tempted, have been getting mixed messages.

Speaker 0

没有男人想成为那种人,对吧?

No guy wants to be that guy, right?

Speaker 0

笨拙地接近别人,结果不顺利,就这么

Makes an approach, inartful, doesn't go well, off Just

Speaker 1

被嘲笑或被拒绝。

laughed at or gets rejected.

Speaker 1

或者

Or

Speaker 0

结果发现我们都在谷歌工作,现在我就成了那种人。

it ends up we both work at Google And now I'm that guy.

Speaker 0

而且这确实会有职业上的后果。

And there's actual professional ramifications.

Speaker 0

一旦有女性在职场上说(无论公平与否)'哦对,那家伙在酒吧搭讪我'

Mean the moment a woman says at work fairly or unfairly, oh yeah, that guy, he hit on me at a bar.

Speaker 0

他就是个变态。

He's a creep.

Speaker 0

所以我认为男性追求浪漫和性关系是特性而非缺陷。

So I think that men wanting to pursue romantic and sexual relationships is a feature not a bug.

Speaker 0

而我们却将其妖魔化和病态化了。

And we demonized and pathologized it.

Speaker 0

我认为我们现在正达到一个阶段,人们意识到男性作为主动方——我不想用‘激进’这个词因为它有负面含义——当我指导年轻男性时,我告诉他们需要主动与陌生人建立联系,我们有个练习叫‘学会接受拒绝’。

And I think we're now getting to a point where people realize that men being initiators and I don't want say aggressive because that has negative overtones but when I coach young men one of the things I tell them is they need to put themselves in the agency of strangers And then we have a practice called no, get to no.

Speaker 0

表达柏拉图式的友谊。

Express platonic friendship.

Speaker 0

嘿,想一起喝杯啤酒看比赛吗?

Hey, you want to grab a beer and watch the game?

Speaker 0

同时也可能是浪漫的邀约。

And then also maybe romantic interests.

Speaker 0

有兴趣一起喝杯咖啡吗?

Would you be interested in grabbing coffee?

Speaker 0

首先你得打开话题,建立某种融洽关系,比如问对方来自哪里等等。

First you got to open, establish some sort of rapport, where are you from, etcetera.

Speaker 0

关键在于学会接受拒绝

And then the key is no.

Speaker 0

因为接下来你会怎么做?第二天你会打电话给我,而我会问'你还好吗?'

Because what you're gonna do is you're gonna call me the next day and I'm gonna say how are you?

Speaker 0

然后他们会说'哦,我没事'

And they're gonna say, oh, I'm fine.

Speaker 0

关键就在于培养这种心理韧性

And that's the key is developing those calluses.

Speaker 1

我还活着

I'm alive.

Speaker 0

是啊,我没事

Yeah, I'm fine.

Speaker 1

I'm

Speaker 0

活着

alive.

Speaker 0

顺便说一句,她也很好。

By the way, she's fine too.

Speaker 0

她也很好。

She's fine too.

Speaker 0

如果你分不清表达柏拉图式兴趣和浪漫兴趣与骚扰某人之间的区别,那你还有更大的问题要解决。

And if you don't know the difference between expressing platonic and romantic interest and harassing someone, you got much bigger problems.

Speaker 0

但如今男性甚至在哪里能找到合适的场合来练习这些呢?

But where do men even have the venues to do that right now?

Speaker 0

所以作为供养者,我认为你必须在资本主义社会中具备经济生存能力。

So provider, I think you got to be economically viable in a capitalist society.

Speaker 0

我认为社会对你自尊的评价方式是不公平的。

I think your own self esteem, the way society judges you is unfairly.

Speaker 0

这种不公平体现在对男性经济生存能力的评判上。

It's unfairly based on the economic viability for men.

Speaker 0

这种不公平体现在对女性外貌条件的评判上。

It's unfairly based on the aesthetic qualities of women.

Speaker 0

我并不是说世界应该这样,但现实就是如此。

I'm And not saying this is the way the world should be, but it is the way the world is.

Speaker 0

第二点,要立即转向保护。

And then two, immediate move to protection.

Speaker 0

我认为这是拥有一定繁荣时最令人满足的事。

I think that's the most rewarding thing about having some prosperity.

Speaker 0

当我感觉孩子们安全、伴侣被关注时,那是我最安心、最有使命感的时刻。

That's when I feel most at rest and most of purpose when I feel like my kids are safe, my partner feels noticed.

Speaker 0

我觉得自己可以参与伟大的慈善事业。

I feel like I can get involved in great charities.

Speaker 0

我现在说了很多道德标榜的话,但这是事实——这给了我使命感,让我感到强大。

I'm doing a lot of virtue signaling right now but it's true but that gives me a sense of purpose and makes me feel strong.

Speaker 0

最后我认为,我们应该赞赏年轻人对建立关系的渴望。

And then finally I think we've got to celebrate young men's desire to be in relationships.

Speaker 0

我觉得这是个优点,

I think it's a feature,

Speaker 1

不是缺陷。

not a bug.

Speaker 1

我认为当男性学会提升自我以吸引女性伴侣或成为更好的人时,社会会变得更美好。

Well, I think society is better when men learn to improve themselves so they can attract a female partner or partner where they can be a better human being.

Speaker 1

他们能够为伴侣提供支持。

They can provide to that partner.

Speaker 1

他们也会变得不那么自私——希望如此。

They're less selfish, hopefully.

Speaker 1

他们会更多地思考如何为朋友、家庭和社区服务。

They're more, you know, thoughtful about how they can serve their friends, their family, their community.

Speaker 1

如果你遇到一个能通过自我提升吸引健康、有觉知女性的男性

If you find a man like that who can improve their life to attract a healthy, conscious woman

Speaker 0

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

当这样的男性找到愿意与其共度余生的伴侣时,世界就会减少战争、苦难、痛苦、侵略、愤怒,以及男性伤害他人的行为。

That wants to be with them, you're going to have less war, less suffering, less pain, less aggression, less anger, and less men hurting other people.

Speaker 1

我认为这正是社会所需要的。

And I think that's what we need as society.

Speaker 1

我看到你上了《The View》节目,有人发了个反应视频说,斯科特,所以你需要女人来拯救男人。

And I saw you go on The View and there was a reaction video that someone said, you know, okay, Scott, so you need women to come rescue men.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

因为,除非男人身边有个好女人,否则他们就会到处伤害别人,制造混乱。

Because, you know, unless men are with a great woman, then they're gonna be, you know, going around the world hurting people and just, like, causing a mess.

Speaker 1

而现在我们得去拯救男人。

And now we have to go and save men Yeah.

Speaker 1

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

你知道,当他们多年来一直压迫我们、伤害我们、打压我们时,这套说辞对我可不管用。

You know, when they've been oppressing us or hurting us for years and pushing us down, like, that doesn't work for me.

Speaker 1

那么你对这个怎么看?

So what what are your thoughts around that?

Speaker 1

当然。

Sure.

Speaker 1

女性们感觉她们已经非常努力了。

It's like women feel like they're already working so hard.

Speaker 1

为什么她们现在还得来拯救男人,让他们变得更好呢?

Why do they have to come rescue the man now to be a better man?

Speaker 0

是的,所以没有人有义务去服务或拯救男人,尤其是女性。

Yeah, so it's not, nobody has an obligation to service or save men, especially women.

Speaker 0

男性必须自我提升。

Men have to level up.

Speaker 0

我认为女性不需要降低她们的标准。

I don't think women need to lower their standards.

Speaker 0

我告诉女性们同意第二次喝咖啡,因为传统上,正如我们之前提到的,有时需要时间才能发现你对这个男人感兴趣。

I tell women to agree to a second coffee because traditionally, as we've referenced before, sometimes it takes time to find that you're interested in this man.

Speaker 0

但我从未以任何方式暗示或表示过。

But I've never ever in any way connoted or intimated.

Speaker 0

我觉得法拉的一些评论说,这些男人就是自以为是,觉得女人应该像你说的那样去拯救他们。

And I feel like some of these comments from Farrah, they say, these men are just entitled and feel like and women are, as you said, supposed to come say them.

Speaker 0

我认为除非男人提升自己,除非我们实施财政计划恢复所有年轻人的经济活力,否则你不能要求女人降低标准去拯救男人。

I think unless men level up and unless we put in place fiscal programs that restore more economic viability to all young people, you can't tell women to lower their standards and save men.

Speaker 0

我理解。

I get it.

Speaker 0

我百分之百理解。

I 100% get it.

Speaker 0

我认为有三个群体需要在这里提供帮助。

I have three parties that I think need to weigh in here with help.

Speaker 0

首先是社会。

One is a society.

Speaker 0

我认为我们需要停止经济权力从年轻人向老年人的转移。

I think we need to stop the transfer of economic power from young to old.

Speaker 0

我们每年转移1.2万亿美元,这是历史上最大规模的资金转移,从劳动年龄人群流向历史上最富有的一代老年人。

We transfer $1,200,000,000,000 every year, the biggest transfer in history of money from working age people to old people who are the wealthiest generation in history.

Speaker 0

我这一代人,与我同龄的人比四十年前富裕了72%。

My generation, people my age are 72% wealthier than they were forty years ago.

Speaker 0

40岁以下的人群则比过去贫穷了24%。

People under the age of 40 are 24% less wealthy.

Speaker 0

这对男性造成了不成比例的负面影响,他们正落后于女性,因为男性仍然主要被依据经济实力来评价。

This has a disproportionately negative impact on men who are falling behind women because men are still disproportionately evaluated based on their economic viability.

Speaker 0

即使碧昂丝在麦当劳工作,她依然可以嫁给Jay Z。

Beyonce could still marry Jay Z if she worked at McDonald's.

Speaker 0

反过来却不行。

The opposite is not true.

Speaker 0

现实情况是,男性作为浪漫伴侣时,其评价标准往往过度侧重于经济实力。

And the reality is men are evaluated as romantic partners disproportionately based on their economic viability.

Speaker 0

因此我们需要财政政策将更多资金——不是直接给男性,而是注入年轻人口袋。

So men need to we need fiscal policies that put more money, I don't think in men's pockets, but in young pockets.

Speaker 1

是不是女性会觉得没有经济能力的男性让她们缺乏安全感?

Is that women who are looking that they don't feel safe if a man doesn't have money or is

Speaker 0

那些被有钱男性吸引的女性?

that women who are attracted to men with money?

Speaker 0

我不确定是否因为她们缺乏安全感,但75%的女性认为经济实力是择偶关键,而男性只有25%这么认为。

That I don't know if it's they don't feel safe but 75% of women say economic viability is key to a partner, only 25% of men.

Speaker 0

我是说,你应该见过这种现象。

I mean, you've seen this.

Speaker 0

男性在社会经济层面横向或向下择偶,而女性则横向或向上。

Men made socioeconomically horizontally and down, women horizontally and up.

Speaker 0

当女性在经济地位上持续提升(这很棒,请不要阻碍这种趋势),可供她们横向或向上选择的男性群体就不断缩小。

And when the pool of horizontal and up because women keep getting taller economically, which is wonderful, don't do anything get in the way of The pool of horizontal and up keeps shrinking.

Speaker 0

那么该怎么办呢?

And so what do you do?

Speaker 0

我认为我们不需要针对男性的经济平权行动。

I don't think we want economic affirmative action for men.

Speaker 0

我认为我们需要做的是阻止财富从年轻一代向老一代转移。

I think what we want is to stop the transfer of wealth from young to old.

Speaker 0

美国最大的两项税收减免是房贷利率和资本利得。

The two biggest tax deductions in America are mortgage interest rate and capital gains.

Speaker 0

谁拥有房产和股票?

Who owns homes and stocks?

Speaker 0

像我这样年纪的人。

People my age.

Speaker 0

谁靠当前工作收入和租金赚钱?

Who makes their money from working current income and rents?

Speaker 0

年轻人。

Young people.

Speaker 0

当年轻群体没有钱时,最终会出现30岁以下女性在恋爱关系中占三分之二,男性只占三分之一的情况。

And when a young group of people does not have money, you end up with women who are two in three women under the age of 30 in a relationship, one in three men.

Speaker 0

为什么会这样?

Now why is that?

Speaker 0

你觉得这在数学上不可能吗?

You think that's mathematically impossible?

Speaker 0

并非如此。

It's not.

Speaker 0

因为女性倾向于与年长者交往。

Because women are dating older.

Speaker 0

因为她们寻求情感和经济上更可靠的男性。

Because they want more emotionally and economically viable men.

Speaker 0

因此我认为我们需要制定政策来提升年轻人的经济地位。

So I think that we need to weigh in with policies that level up young people again.

Speaker 0

提高最低工资标准,实施更进步的税收政策。

Raise minimum wage, more progressive tax policy.

Speaker 0

企业税率正处于1939年以来的最低水平。

Corporations are paying the lowest tax rate since 1939.

Speaker 0

最富有的25个家族仅支付约6%的税率。

The 25 wealthiest families are paying about 6% tax rate.

Speaker 0

我们正在经历大规模的经济资源转移。

We just transfer massive economics.

Speaker 0

有一种从年轻人向老年人抽离资源的声音。

There's a sucking sound from young people to old people.

Speaker 0

我认为这对年轻男性造成了特别严重的伤害。

I think it's taken an especially damaging toll on young men.

Speaker 0

其次,我认为像我这样年纪的男性真的需要积极参与并介入年轻男性或男孩的生活

And then the second group is I think men my age really need to lean in and get involved in a young man's life or boy's life

Speaker 1

因为我们欠他们一份责任。

because we have a debt.

Speaker 1

去指导年轻一代。

To mentor young kids.

Speaker 0

嗯,曾经拥有不公平的优势。

Well, had unfair advantage.

Speaker 0

我理解那种反感情绪,因为当我看到一个和我同肤色、同性取向、同性别、同年龄段的男性时,我会想:老兄,你们已经领先了三千年,现在却在抱怨男性处境。

And I understand the gag reflex because I see a guy of my skin color, sexual orientation, gender, and age and think, dude, you had a three thousand year head start and you're complaining about men now.

Speaker 0

我表示理解。

And I'm like, I get it.

Speaker 0

但一个19岁的男性应该为我的优势付出代价吗?

But should a 19 year old male pay the price for my advantage?

Speaker 0

所以我们有义务,特别是我这一代的男性,要参与进来并努力帮助他们成长。

So we have an obligation, especially men of my generation, to get involved and try and lift them up.

Speaker 0

我还认为女性也扮演着角色,因为我认为我们社会中有一种不健康的思潮,女性和进步人士对年轻男性说你们没有问题,你们本身就是问题。

And then I also think women play a role because I do think there's an unhealthy zeitgeist in our society where women and progressives say to young men you don't have problems, you are the problem.

Speaker 0

而答案是你们需要更像女性一样行事,我也不认为这是正确的答案。

And the answer is you need to act more like a woman and I don't think that's the answer either.

Speaker 0

我不认为是这样。

I don't think it is.

Speaker 0

但有时我觉得——我讨厌这种说法——人们断章取义地说你现在指望女性在终于取得一些进步后还要负责拯救男性。

But I feel like sometimes and I hate this term, people take this stuff out of context and say you're expecting now women are after finally getting some progress are responsible for saving men.

Speaker 0

不,她们不需要。

No, they're not.

Speaker 0

我们的社会有责任培养健康的下一代,这意味着既要继续推进女性的进步,也要帮助那些无论以何种标准衡量都确实在挣扎的年轻男性,而同理心并非零和游戏。

Our society is responsible for creating a healthy next generation which means continuing the progress of women and also lifting up our young men who by any standard are really struggling and empathy is not a zero sum game.

Speaker 0

我们仍然可以认识到女性面临的巨大障碍。

We can still acknowledge the huge obstacles women just face.

Speaker 0

你的妻子刚生了双胞胎。

Your wife just had twins.

Speaker 0

女性生育后,收入会降至男性的77%。

When women have kids, they go to $0.77 on the dollar.

Speaker 0

我们还没有找到方法让女性在生育后保持职业发展轨迹。

We have not figured out a way to maintain a woman's professional trajectory when she has kids.

Speaker 0

这是个问题。

That's a problem.

Speaker 0

黑人和拉丁裔家庭的平均家庭净资产为22,000美元,白人家庭则为160,000美元,美国仍存在经济隔离。

Black and Latino families have an average household net worth of $22,000 White families 160,000 There's still an economic apartheid in The US.

Speaker 0

但我们可以承认这些问题依然存在并努力解决,同时也要意识到如果年轻男性处境艰难,国家和女性就无法持续繁荣,就这样。

But we can acknowledge those problems still exist and work on them, but at the same time also realize the country and women are not going to continue to flourish if young men are flailing, full stop.

Speaker 0

所以再次强调,同理心不是零和游戏。

So again, empathy is not a zero sum game.

Speaker 0

同性婚姻并未损害传统异性婚姻。

Gay marriage didn't hurt heteronormative marriage.

Speaker 0

民权运动没有伤害白人群体。

Civil rights didn't hurt white people.

Speaker 0

帮助部分年轻男性,特别是通过经济援助项目支持年轻人,这不会损害女性利益。

Helping some of our young men, and specifically with programs for young people economically, that's not going to hurt women.

Speaker 0

这不会以牺牲女性为代价。

It doesn't come at the cost of women.

Speaker 0

我厌恶男性圈子的一个观点——传统意义上的男性圈子认为女性地位的提升与男性境遇存在此消彼长的关系。

And one of the things I hate about the manosphere, what people traditionally think is the manosphere, is they believe there is an inverse correlation between women's ascent and how men are doing.

Speaker 0

而事实是,如果没有女性地位的提升,我们不可能赢得第二次世界大战。

And the reality is without women's ascent, we wouldn't have won World War II.

Speaker 0

希特勒不允许女性进入工厂工作。

Hitler wouldn't let women get into the factories.

Speaker 0

他认为女性应该待在家里。

He thought they needed to stay home.

Speaker 0

而我们让女性制造P-51野马战斗机。

And we let women build P-fifty one Mustangs.

Speaker 0

我们将大量女工派往前线附近。

And we sent a lot of them overseas to be near the front lines.

Speaker 0

这直接决定了战争胜负,或是重大贡献因素。

That literally won or was a big contributor to the war.

Speaker 0

七八十年代美国女性进入职场,可能是推动美国经济增长的最大动力。

Entering the workforce in the '70s and '80s in The United States is probably the biggest driver of economic growth for The United States.

Speaker 0

在期望值不断攀升的资本主义社会,双收入家庭模式至关重要。

And in a capitalist society where our expectations keep going up, having dual income households is really important.

Speaker 0

因此我认为女性地位的提升对男性是有增益的。

So I think women's ascent has been accretive to men.

Speaker 0

我认为这是件大好事。

I think it's been great.

Speaker 0

我们需要年轻男性认清:当他们开始把感情问题归咎女性、把经济问题怪罪移民时,才是真正迷失了方向。

And we need our young men to recognize that when they really lose the script is when they start blaming women for their romantic problems and immigrants for their economic problems.

Speaker 0

女性的成功对她们来说是件好事。

That women's success is great for them.

Speaker 0

与此同时,我认为我们需要停止这种妖魔化行为——网上有种趋势,女性声称不再约会是因为可能会‘被非自然死亡’,我猜这是个政治正确术语,意思是被杀害、谋杀。

At the same time, I do think that we need to stop this demonizing of there's this thing online, this trend where women say they're not dating any longer because they could be unalived, which I guess is a political exact term, killed, murdered.

Speaker 0

非自然死亡。

Unalived.

Speaker 0

非自然死亡?

Unalived?

Speaker 0

非自然死亡。

Unalived.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

如果她们和某人约会就会被杀?

If they were dating someone they'd be killed?

Speaker 0

不完全是,她们不再约会的原因之一是觉得和男性相处存在人身风险,因为男性具有暴力倾向。

Well no, one of the reasons they're no longer dating is they feel like they're taking physical risks being in a man's company because men are violent.

Speaker 0

每年有2500名女性被谋杀。

And two thousand five hundred women every year are murdered.

Speaker 0

这是个非常严重的问题。

That's a huge problem.

Speaker 0

顺便说一句,其中70%是熟人作案。

Seventy percent by the way by people they've known for a while.

Speaker 0

但如果你查看实际数据,和男性约会后,他当晚回家后伤害自己的概率是伤害你的16倍。

But if you look at the actual data, if you go on a date with a man, he's 16 times more likely to go home that night and hurt himself than hurt you.

Speaker 0

为什么会这样?

Why is that?

Speaker 0

我认为男性有时确实... 你看男性正在经历大量自残行为。

I think men sometimes get very look men are engaging in a lot of self harm.

Speaker 0

你去停尸房会看到五例自杀死亡,其中四例是男性。要知道你在开车前往的路上受伤或在晚餐时噎住的概率都比这高四倍。

You go into a morgue and there's five people died by suicide four men and you know you're four times more likely to get hurt on the drive over or choke during dinner.

Speaker 0

所以我们决定——我认为是算法决定——要把年轻男性直白地塑造成社会危险分子。

So we've decided, I think the algorithms have decided let's portray young men as quite frankly as a danger to society.

Speaker 0

而现实是,那些危险的男性——虽然绝大多数并不危险——但少数确实对自身构成威胁。

And the reality is men who are dangerous and the vast majority aren't but the small minority that are dangerous towards themselves.

Speaker 0

他们更可能——大多数枪支致死案例是自杀。

They're much more likely, the majority of gun deaths are suicides.

Speaker 0

因此我认为我们也需要——我最大的粉丝群体是年轻男性,而最支持我的则是母亲们,因为她们看清了现状。

And so I think that we also need, my biggest fans are young men, my biggest supporters are mothers because they see what's going on.

Speaker 0

她们看到我有两个女儿和一个儿子:一个女儿在宾大读书,一个女儿从事公关工作,而儿子则在地下室打电子游戏和吸电子烟。

They see I have two daughters and one son, one daughter at Penn, one daughter in PR, and my son's in the basement playing video games and vaping.

Speaker 0

所以我认为需要重新认识我所说的'重建联盟'——历史上最伟大的联盟不是北约或民主国家间的联盟。

So I think that recognizing what I call restoring the alliance and that is the greatest alliance in history is a NATO or between democracies.

Speaker 0

历史上最伟大的联盟是男女之间的联盟。

The greatest alliance in history is the alliance between men and women.

Speaker 0

我认为家庭中阳刚与阴柔能量的结合能创造最幸福、最高效的家庭环境。

I think a combination of masculine and feminine energy in a household makes the happiest most productive households.

Speaker 0

顺便说一句,有时两位女性或两位男性也能形成这种奇妙的化学反应。

And by the way sometimes two women can bring that chemistry or two men can bring that alchemy.

Speaker 0

但我认为这种阳刚与阴柔能量的结合是一种美妙的融合。

But that combination of masculine and feminine energy I think is a wonderful mix.

Speaker 0

而两性做得最‘出色’的事,就是互相说服自己问题出在对方性别身上。

And what the genders have done a great job of is convincing themselves that it's the other gender's fault.

Speaker 0

男性必须停止责怪女性。

Men got to stop blaming women.

Speaker 0

这种指责毫无意义。

That just doesn't haunt.

Speaker 0

同时我也认为,某些女性和女权主义者——其实算不上真正的女权主义者。

And at the same time I do think that some women and feminists it's actually not feminists.

Speaker 0

我称之为进步主义者。

I'll call it progressives.

Speaker 0

自由主义与非自由主义思想的对抗。

Liberal versus illiberal thought.

Speaker 0

我们只需审视数据就能明白:扶持年轻男性对所有人都有益处。

Just need to look at the data and think, Okay, lifting up our young men is going to be good for everybody.

Speaker 1

是的,确实如此。

Yes, it is.

Speaker 1

你是否认为我在听你分享女性收入增加、职业不断进步、获得比以往更多机会是件很棒的事?

Do you think I'm hearing you share that it's great that women are earning more and are constantly progressing in their careers and getting more opportunities than ever.

Speaker 1

我们希望这种繁荣能持续下去。

And we want to continue that thriving.

Speaker 1

同时我们也希望看到男性持续进步,尤其是那些可能已不再具备财务成功所需技能或工具的年轻男性,或者他们尚未找到方法。

And we also want to see men continue to improve, especially young men who maybe don't have the skills anymore, the tools to become financially successful, or they haven't figured it out yet.

Speaker 1

你认为有数据显示大多数女性收入超过男性后,仍能在长期浪漫关系中保持对他们的吸引力吗?

Do you think is there any data around the majority of women being able to earn more than men and still be attracted to them in a long term romantic relationship?

Speaker 1

或者你见过任何关于女性收入更高却仍能长期被伴侣吸引的数据吗?

Or is there any data that you've seen around that that women can make more and still be attracted to the man they're with long term?

Speaker 0

现在17%的家庭中,女性是主要经济支柱。

So 17% of households now, the woman is the primary breadwinner.

Speaker 0

因此我认为随着时间的推移,社会正在变得...

And so I do think over time society is becoming

Speaker 1

但他们还爱着自己的伴侣吗?

But are they attracted to their partner still?

Speaker 1

好吧。

Okay.

Speaker 1

仅仅因为在一起并不意味着幸福。

This is Just because they're together doesn't mean it's happy.

Speaker 0

理想世界与现实世界的区别在于:当关系中女性收入超过男性时,离婚概率会翻倍。

There's the way the world should be and the way the world The way the world is is the following is that when the woman in the relationship starts making more money than the man the likelihood of divorce doubles.

Speaker 0

真的吗?

Really?

Speaker 0

男性因自尊心下降和功能障碍问题,使用勃起功能障碍药物的概率会增至三倍。

The use of erectile dysfunction drugs triples because the man feels has less self esteem and has problems.

Speaker 1

所以

So

Speaker 0

老实说,我不知道该如何跨越这个障碍。

the honest answer is I don't know how to get past.

Speaker 0

我们得想办法解决这些问题,然后继续前进

We're going to have to figure out things and we're going

Speaker 1

我们得训练我们的...这是生物学原因吗?

to have to train our Is that biology?

Speaker 1

这是否与心理学有关,导致当女性比她们的男性伴侣赚得更多时,这些挑战就会出现?

Is that like psychology around that causes these things to these challenges to arise when women earn more than the men they're with?

Speaker 0

我认为这非常具有人类学意义,女性天生觉得她们的职责或需要关注的事情之一是如何保护后代,她们需要与一个强大、能够保护她们及后代的人结为伴侣

I think it's very anthropological and that is women feel innately that their job or one of the things they need to be focused on is how to protect offspring and they need to partner with someone who's strong and can protect them and their offspring.

Speaker 0

而在资本主义社会里,力量往往与经济实力混为一谈

And in a capitalist society, strength is conflated with economic power.

Speaker 0

所以这一点毫无疑问

So there's just no doubt about it.

Speaker 1

那么如果一个女性在经济、情感和身体上都更强大,那是不是意味着她就不需要男人了,对吧?

So if a woman is stronger financially, emotionally, physically, then it's like, do you need the man then, right?

Speaker 0

嗯,事实上70%的离婚申请是由女性提出的,离婚率上升可能是件好事,因为女性不再感到经济上的束缚或依赖

Well, so 70% of divorce filings are by women and actually the increase in divorce rates is probably a good thing because women no longer feel economically indentured or dependent upon Not

Speaker 1

不再因此被困住。

trapped anymore yet from that.

Speaker 0

但这确实无法回避。

But there's just no getting around it.

Speaker 1

根据数据来看,男性似乎需要继续想办法比伴侣赚得更多,才能拥有更幸福的婚姻。

Men So need to continue to figure out how to earn more than the partners they're with in order to have a happier marriage, it sounds like based on the data.

Speaker 0

但至少,当女性在经济上崛起时,关系本质上就成了一种交易。

But also at a minimum, if a woman ascends economically relationships at the end of the day are somewhat of a transaction.

Speaker 0

当女性经济地位上升时,你会发现男性在后勤、情感和家务方面并没有跟上步伐。

If a woman is ascending economically, what you see is men aren't stepping up logistically and emotionally and domestically.

Speaker 0

他们没有在非经济领域保持同步成长。

They're not keeping pace without ascent.

Speaker 0

不。

No.

Speaker 0

于是关系中的女性最终会算这笔账,并意识到:好吧,我才是养家糊口的人。

And so at some point, the woman in the relationship does the math and says, Okay, I'm the provider.

Speaker 0

我是生育者。

I'm the procreator.

Speaker 0

而你在家里毫无作为。

And you aren't stepping up at home.

Speaker 0

那我肯定要离开。

Then I'm definitely out of here.

Speaker 0

我认为经营关系和推动关系发展是有区别的——很多女性作为主要经济支柱的夫妻其实可以共同克服这个问题。

So there's a difference between, I think, working on the relationship and trying to evolve the relationship, which I think a lot of couples where the woman is the primary breadwinner, I think they can work through it.

Speaker 0

他们完全有可能拥有幸福的婚姻。

There's no reason they can't have happy marriages.

Speaker 0

但这就是无法回避的事实。

But there's just no getting around it.

Speaker 0

数据显示,当女性成为经济支柱时,与生俱来的性吸引力就会面临危机。

The data shows that innate sexual attraction is at risk when the woman is the provider.

Speaker 0

哇。

Wow.

Speaker 0

我并不是说这种情况无法维系,但大量数据显示,当男性无法胜任或削弱了经济支柱的角色时,女性会对其失去性趣。

And I'm not saying that that can't work, but there's just a lot of data that women lose sexual interest in a man when he fails as a provider or diminishes as a provider.

Speaker 0

这种分歧或下滑的催化剂或助推剂,在于男性没有在生活的其他方面承担起责任。

The cocktail or the afterburner, the fuel on top of that division or descent is that when men don't step up in the other parts of the life.

Speaker 1

他们没有履行自己的角色。

They don't own their role.

Speaker 1

如果他们不参与支持整个家庭或任何形式的共同责任,就显得不够慷慨或体贴。

They're not generous or they're not kind if they're not contributing to Supporting a whole whole whatever it might be.

Speaker 0

我认为作为经济支柱的一部分,有时坦率地说就是要退居二线,更支持可能在理财方面更擅长的伴侣。

I think being part of a provider is quite frankly sometimes getting out of the way and being more supportive of your partner who might be better at that whole money thing.

Speaker 0

我认为我们必须解决这个问题,并培养我们的男孩在情感、事务和家务方面都能挺身而出。

And I think we're going to have to figure this out and train our boys to step up emotionally and logistically and domestically.

Speaker 0

因为现实是,医学院和法学院的女性比例越来越高。

Because the reality is more women are in medical school, more women are in law school.

Speaker 0

未来五年内,大学毕业生中女性与男性的比例很可能会达到二比一。

We're probably going to have two to one female to male college grads in the next five years.

Speaker 0

因此女性占比会越来越高,那个17%的数字还会持续增长。

And so women more and more that 17% number is going to grow.

Speaker 0

所以我们必须找到方法来训练我们的声音。

So we have to figure out a way to train our voices.

Speaker 0

作为供养者的一部分,是要在多方面做出贡献。

Part of being a provider is contributing on a lot of different dimensions.

Speaker 0

但同样,职业培训领域也有大量主流工作岗位。

But also, there are a ton of mainstream jobs in vocational programming.

Speaker 0

在英国和德国,11%的领英资料标注了'学徒'身份。

11% of LinkedIn profiles in The UK and Germany say apprentice.

Speaker 0

而在美国这个比例只有3%。

It's 3% in The US.

Speaker 0

我们没有学徒文化,而且还贬低职业工种。

We don't have an apprentice culture, and we have shamed vocational jobs.

Speaker 0

不知道你是否看过这些报道,现在有很多高中生年纪的年轻男孩正在学习安装高效节能的HVAC暖气系统,到毕业时年薪能达到8万甚至9万美元。

I don't know if you've seen all these articles, but there's now a bunch of juniors and 17 year old men in high school who are learning how to install HVAC energy efficient heaters and making 80,000 or $90,000 a year by their senior year.

Speaker 0

实际上有很多现成的职业岗位,虽然我们不愿承认,但男性似乎确实更享受这类工作,而且坦白说,平均而言他们在需要体力或户外作业的职业中往往表现更出色

There's actually a lot of vocational jobs ready and we hate to admit this but men seem to enjoy and quite frankly on average not always be better at this type of vocational work that require sometimes strength or working out

Speaker 1

也许待会儿在外面说吧

Maybe later outside.

Speaker 0

因此我们需要帮助男性提升自我,因为我认为问题不在于——我不认为当女性收入高出一美元时,就必然会导致男性地位下降、焦虑、性吸引力缺失或所谓的性张力消散

And so we need to help men level up because I don't think it's what I don't think it is I don't think the descent or the anxiety or the lack of sexual chemistry, the sexual diffusion if you will necessarily happens once the woman is making a dollar more.

Speaker 0

坦白说,关键在于当男方...好吧,经济上或许你没能与我同步,但你却毫无贡献

It's quite frankly when the guy, okay, economically maybe you're not there with me but you're not contributing.

Speaker 1

你没有创造额外的价值

You're not adding that surplus of value.

Speaker 1

并没有

There's not.

Speaker 0

你总得有所贡献,对吧?

You got to bring something to the table, right?

Speaker 0

而传统上这些角色界定得非常明确

And traditionally the roles are very defined.

Speaker 0

女性往往更富有同理心,比男性更懂得如何营造一个健康有爱的家庭环境,这就是我们所说的被低估的情感劳动。

The female offered kind of more empathetic, understood how to create a healthy, loving household better than men, kind of what we call the emotional labor that's been undervalued.

Speaker 0

男性在这方面并没有挺身而出。

Men aren't stepping up around that.

Speaker 0

所以这是一个非常坦诚的对话。

So it's a very honest conversation.

Speaker 0

就像,好吧,你妻子做得很好。

It's like, okay, your wife's doing great.

Speaker 0

你想要支持她,因为你需要钱,需要维持家庭经济。

You want to be supportive of her because you need money, you need economic household.

Speaker 0

但老实说,老板,你能提供什么价值呢?

But quite frankly, boss, what are you bringing to the table?

Speaker 1

你是否觉得在某些方面——我举个例,这只是其中一个例子。

Do you feel like in some ways I'm going give an example, and this is just one example.

Speaker 1

但你是否觉得在某些方面,女性被欺骗了,被告知必须追求事业、尽可能多赚钱、推迟生育、推迟结婚,直到经济稳定为止?

But do you feel in some ways that women have been lied to around the need to be career driven and earn as much as possible and delay having kids and delay getting married as long as you can until you're financially stable.

Speaker 1

我会给你一些背景信息,也许这要具体情况具体分析。

And I'll give you context around this, and maybe it's just case by case.

Speaker 1

我认识一个人——我不想点名道姓——这个人过去十二三年里一直非常专注于事业,从大学开始就如此,但总显得有点沮丧、有点不开心,总觉得哪里不太对劲,嗯。

There's someone I know, I'm not going to call them out, but there's someone I know who is very career focused and driven on their career for probably the last twelve or thirteen years and since college and just always seemed a little frustrated, always seemed a little unhappy, just always seemed like a little, I don't know, something was always off Mhmm.

Speaker 1

这个人的整体状态就是如此。

Around the energy of this person.

Speaker 1

他们大约半年前刚有了孩子,而我从未见过他们如此快乐的样子。

And they just had a child, you know, maybe six months ago, and I've never seen them happier.

Speaker 1

每次见面都感觉他们焕然一新。

Every time around, it's like something transformed.

Speaker 1

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

而且她非常热爱做母亲的感觉。

And there's and it's like she loves being a mother.

Speaker 1

她说这彻底改变了她的世界,是往好的方向。

She she's like, it is just changed her world in a positive way.

Speaker 1

从能量层面看,她仿佛找到了人生目标。

Energetically, it's like it's like she's on purpose.

Speaker 1

嗯。

Mhmm.

Speaker 1

她并没有停止工作。

And she hasn't stopped working.

Speaker 1

她回去兼职了一段时间,但我能明显感觉到她整个人都焕发了生机。

She's gone back kind of part time, but it's like, I can just see her come alive.

Speaker 0

嗯。

Mhmm.

Speaker 1

你是否认为女性某种程度上被误导了——被告知要尽可能推迟生育、先拼命赚钱、实现财务稳定、发展事业、不要依赖男人来做这些事?

And do you think there's in any way women have been lied to about delay having kids as long as possible, make as much as money as you can, be financially stable first, develop yourself in your career, don't rely on the man to to to do this.

Speaker 1

否则你就会陷入困境。

Otherwise, you get it screwed over.

Speaker 1

而我亲眼见证了过去六个月里,有人因为成为母亲这个角色而获得了前所未有的快乐。

Where I just saw someone have the most joy in the last six months of like stepping into this role as a mother.

Speaker 1

也许这只是个例,但你怎么看?

Maybe that's just one case, but what are your thoughts I on

Speaker 0

我认为这种'你被骗了,你努力工作,事业有成,现在却因为没花时间找个男人或组建家庭而痛苦'的说法。

think this sort of you've been lied to, you worked hard, you became a baller professionally, now you're miserable because you didn't take the time to find a man or have a family.

Speaker 0

我觉得这有点像是极右翼的陈词滥调或神话,他们想把女性带回到五六十年代——因为如果那个女性既找不到浪漫伴侣,又经济拮据呢?

I think that's a little bit of this trope or this myth from the far right that wants to take women back to the 50s and 60s because okay, what if that woman also wasn't able to find a romantic partnership and was also economically insecure?

Speaker 0

确实。

True.

Speaker 0

所以我发现有时这只是个借口,试图让女性权利倒退和废除。

So I find sometimes that's an excuse to try and take to regress and repeal women's rights.

Speaker 0

现实情况是,如果一个男人专注于事业,身材走样,性格也不太好,但事业很成功,他仍然能找到伴侣。

Now the reality is if a man focuses on his career and is out of shape, not especially nice, but a baller professionally, he's still gonna find a mate.

Speaker 0

但对女性来说就不那么适用了。

And that's not as true for women.

Speaker 0

律师事务所的男性合伙人,即使长相普通,性格不太好,也不够体贴,他照样能找到老婆。

A partner at a law firm who's a male who's maybe just modestly attractive and not that nice and not that nurturing, he's gonna find a wife.

Speaker 0

坦白说,我觉得这有点不公平,因为我们赋予女性同样的经济责任和期望,但在浪漫和性方面却没有给予与男性同等专注所获得的回报。

I'm not sure, I mean it's just a little bit unfair quite frankly because we put the same economic responsibilities on women and the same expectations, but we don't reward them romantically and sexually with the same currency as we reward a man for that focus.

Speaker 0

说实话,我认为女性追求经济独立、享受在财务和专业领域获得陌生人掌声的愿望,我们需要更多这样的例子。

So quite frank, but I don't think, I think women wanting to be economically independent and enjoy having strangers applaud for them on a stage financially and professionally, I think we need more of it.

Speaker 0

我确实认为无论男女都需要真正努力去接触他人,保持亲和力,勇于说‘好’,让自己置身于可能遇到合适对象的环境中。

I do think that both men and women need to make a real effort to approach people, be approachable, say yes, put yourself in situations where you might meet somebody.

Speaker 0

如果第一次约会没有火花,不妨给第二次咖啡约会一个机会。

Maybe if there's not sparks on the first date, give a second coffee a chance.

Speaker 0

但我不喜欢这种关于女性被欺骗、应该赤脚在家怀孕的权利论调或叙事。

But this notion I don't like the rights trope or this narrative around women being lied to and they should be home barefoot and pregnant.

Speaker 0

我只是觉得这某种程度上无意中暗示了

I just think that's kind of inadvertently saying

Speaker 1

这不是我在政治立场上表达的观点。

This is not me politically saying these things.

Speaker 1

我只是好奇,坦白说这就是

I'm just curious about like Quite frankly this is what

Speaker 0

查理·柯克说女性很痛苦,但数据恰恰相反,因为真正痛苦的是那些30多岁醒来却仍单身的男性。

Charlie Kirk said that women are miserable and here's the data flies in the face of that because you know who's really miserable is the dude that wakes up in his 30s and isn't in a relationship.

Speaker 0

数据非常明确。

The data is pretty clear.

Speaker 0

男性比女性更需要恋爱关系。

Men need relationships more than women.

Speaker 0

我在书里提到一个引发争议的观点——我告诉儿子们,只要有女性在场就该由他们买单,虽然这招致批评,但我坚持坦诚相告。

One of the things I say in the book that's gotten some push pushback is and I try to be very honest, I tell my boys that if they're ever in the company of women, they pay.

Speaker 0

人们说这是性别歧视。

People say, that's sexist.

Speaker 1

我认为这就是性别歧视。

I think it's sexist.

Speaker 1

我觉得这是慷慨之举。

I think it's generous.

Speaker 1

这是在创造价值。

It's adding value.

Speaker 1

这是礼貌的表现。

It's being courteous.

Speaker 1

这是体贴的行为。

It's being thoughtful.

Speaker 1

这就像,为什么这就性别歧视了?

It's That's like, why is that sexist?

Speaker 1

韦兰,你能主动提出付款吗?

Way land Can you offer to pay?

Speaker 1

如果她们拒绝,那好吧你就不必付了。

If they say no then okay you don't have to.

Speaker 1

不,你

No you

Speaker 0

主动提出,我认为你应该直接付钱。

offer, I think you just pay.

Speaker 0

现在我要进行我的土地致谢了。

And I'll give my land acknowledgement now.

Speaker 0

我试图提出的理论依据是,男性从两性关系中获得的收益比女性更多。

So the rationale that I try and propose is that men benefit more from relationships than women.

Speaker 0

数据显示寡妇在丈夫去世后往往更快乐,而鳏夫则相反。

There's just widow's happier after their husband dies, widower is less happy.

Speaker 0

女性的生育窗口期远比男性短暂。

A woman's fertility window is much shorter than a man's.

Speaker 0

性行为对女性可能造成的负面影响远大于男性。

The downside of sex for a woman is much greater than a man's.

Speaker 1

风险更大,确实。

Bigger risk, yeah.

Speaker 0

当你考虑到男性平均从关系中获益更多这个事实,女性在生育期更短的情况下承担着更大的风险,同时几乎所有哺乳动物都有某种求偶仪式时。

So when you look at the fact that on average a man's going to benefit more from the relationship, that the woman is taking more risks in terms of downside of risk when her fertility window is shorter and when you also acknowledge that almost every mammal has some sort of courtship ritual.

Speaker 0

通过某种方式承认这种不对称性是有道理的。

It makes sense for one way that you recognize that asymmetry.

Speaker 0

你需要主动站出来表示'我重视你的时间'。

One way you step up and say I value your time.

Speaker 0

我会珍惜这种情况,如果你愿意这么理解的话。

I value this situation if you will.

Speaker 0

一个简单的方式来认识和承认这种不对称性就是买单,而且本质上无论别人怎么说,我告诉我18岁儿子的是:任何时候你与人分摊账单,就意味着你们永远不会亲吻彼此。

One easy way to recognize and acknowledge that asymmetry is to pay and also innately regardless of what someone might say what I've told my 18 year old son is anytime you split the check with anyone it means they are never going to kiss you and you are never going to kiss them.

Speaker 0

这就是底线,我认为这些基因已经在我们体内存在了几千年,无论我们怎么辩解'是谁先约的谁'。

That's the bottom line and I think those genes are wired into us for thousands of years and regardless of what we say well it's who asked who out.

Speaker 0

我只是在告诉我的儿子们,在我看来,如果你和女性在一起,就该由你买单。

I'm just saying to my boys in my view that if you're in the company of women you pay.

Speaker 0

对于像你这样身材很好的人来说,并不一定是因为保持好身材的美观性。

To guys like you would who are in great shape is not necessarily because of the aesthetics of being a great shape.

Speaker 1

是自律。

The discipline.

Speaker 0

这表明你出现了。

It says you show up.

Speaker 0

这表明你能对某事做出承诺。

It says you can commit to something.

Speaker 0

这表明你状态很好。

It says that you're on your game.

Speaker 0

这说明你没有每晚都烂醉如泥。

It says you're not fucked up every night.

Speaker 0

这表明你知道如何每天坚持做一件事并为之投入。

It says that you know how to show up every day and do something and commit to something.

Speaker 0

但话说回来,我的观点是回到那个话题——我认为女性在职业上的崛起对她们非常有益。

But anyways my point is that going back to that I think women's professional ascent is great for them.

Speaker 0

我认为从长远来看,这对社会和男性都有好处。

I think over the long term it's great for society and great for men.

Speaker 0

但我们也必须认识到,当男性在经济上落后于女性时,社会会产生一些外部效应和连锁反应。

But we also have to recognize there's just some externalities and some knock on effects when we're in a society where men are falling behind women economically.

Speaker 0

不要阻碍这个过程。

Don't get in the way of this.

Speaker 0

解决这个问题。

Fix this.

Speaker 0

让男性重回正轨。

Get men back on track.

Speaker 0

我甚至不喜欢任何专门针对男性经济状况的项目,除了在职业培训上加大投入、增加大学新生名额。

And I don't even like any program that specifically targets men economically other than investing more in vocational programming, expanding freshman seats.

Speaker 0

我建议的是一系列能提升所有年轻人水平的公共政策项目。

What I'm suggesting is a series of public policy programs that would lift all young people up.

Speaker 0

因为重点不在于男方必须比女方多赚——如果恋爱中的女方年薪8万美元,男方不需要赚8万1,但他需要以某种方式做出贡献。

Because it's not about the guy making if the woman's in the relationship is making $80,000 it's not about the guy needing to make 81 but the guy needs to be sort of in a way contributing.

Speaker 0

他需要达到能做出贡献的层次。

He needs to be in that weight class where he's contributing.

Speaker 0

我认为可悲的是,现在很多年轻男性沉迷于网络虚拟生活,最终毫无技能,也没有为感情关系付出努力的能力。

And I think unfortunately a lot of men right now, young men are seduced by having a reasonable fact somebody of life online and then show up with no skills and no ability to contribute to a relationship.

Speaker 0

再说一次,当女性没有恋爱关系时,她们会把精力投入到朋友和事业中。

And again when a woman doesn't have a romantic relationship she pours that energy into her friends and her professional life.

Speaker 0

当男性没有恋爱关系时,虽然不总是但常常会把精力(消耗在其他地方)

When a man doesn't have a relationship not always but often he pours that

Speaker 1

把精力投入到破坏性的事情上,对吧?

energy Destructive things, right?

Speaker 0

沉迷于网络阴谋论,极度依赖网络。

Into conspiracy theory online goes extremely online.

Speaker 0

所有这些大规模枪击犯——我研究过政治暴力。

All these mass shooters I did some research on political violence.

Speaker 0

极左派想打击极右派。

And the far left wants to bring the far right.

Speaker 0

极右派则想归咎于极左派。

Far right wants to blame the far left.

Speaker 0

这完全是空洞的争论。

And it's a totally hollow argument.

Speaker 0

98.6%的大规模枪击犯是男性。

98.6% of mass shooters are men.

Speaker 0

几乎所有的政治暴力不仅由男性实施,而且主要是年轻男性。

Almost all political violence is committed not only by men but young men.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客