本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本期节目将探讨你为何未能实现目标,以及我们如何解决这个问题。
Today's episode is why you're failing to achieve your goals and how we can fix it.
我请来了我的朋友萨希尔·布鲁姆,《纽约时报》畅销书作者,他已投资了100家公司,因为2026年——这个新年即将到来。
I brought on my friend Sahil Bloom, New York Times bestselling author, has invested in a 100 companies because 2026, the new year is coming.
而大多数人都是稀里糊涂地进入新的一年。
And most people drift into a new year without any real clarity.
所以今天我们做一期与众不同的节目。
So we're doing a different type of episode today.
我们将通过七个简单的问题来重新校准你的方向,梳理你的优先事项,并为你提供一个切实可行的清晰计划。
We're walking through seven simple questions that reset your direction, that clean up your priorities, and give you a clear plan that you can actually follow.
这些都是萨希尔、我以及我们合作的创始人们所使用的方法,因为他们希望在生活和工作中实现质的飞跃。
This is the stuff that Sahil uses, I use, and the founders we work with use because they want a serious upgrade in their life and in their work.
工作。
Work.
如果你认真思考这些问题,新的一年将会变得截然不同。
If you sit with these questions, the new year is gonna be a very different year.
准备好纸笔,我们要在本期节目中一起完成个人年度回顾。
And get your pen and papers out because we are going to do the personal annual review together in this episode.
让我们开始吧。
Let's get started.
我身边的是Sahil Boom。
I'm here with Sahil Boom.
欢迎收听《Where It Happens》播客第472期。
Welcome to episode four seventy two of Where It Happens podcast.
我的搭档,欢迎回来。
My cohost, welcome back.
最近怎么样?
What's going on?
这是怀旧特辑。
This is the throwback.
第几期来着?
Episode four what is it?
4.72美元?
$4.72?
某个疯狂的数字。
Some some crazy amount.
我缺席了其中的440集,而你却把它带到了更高的高度。
I disappeared for through 440 of those, and you've you've gone and taken it to much higher heights.
这太棒了。
This is amazing.
欢迎回来参加这期特别节目。
Well, welcome back for this, you know, special episode.
你有个非常有趣的话题。
You have a really interesting topic.
你今天想聊些什么?
What You do wanna talk about today?
听众们在这期节目结束时能收获什么?
And what will people get out of this by the end of the episode?
我想谈谈为什么我们都无法实现目标。
I wanna talk about why we are all failing to achieve our goals.
我们能从中得到什么?
And what are we gonna get out of this?
我希望这是解决方案,是解药,能真正为我们实现2026年的宏伟愿景奠定基础,同时提供一个清晰的路径指引我们如何到达那里。
I hope it is the solution, the antidote to that, to really set us up for the biggest 2026 that we've all imagined, but a clear structure for how to actually get there.
如何审视2025年,以便汲取所需经验,带着新见解和新视角全力迈进2026年。
How to look at 2025 so that you can take whatever learnings you need to and actually march into 2026 with those new insights, new perspectives to operate at full power.
好的。
Okay.
如果听众坚持听到最后,他们将获得你的方法论体系。
So if people stick to the end of the episode, they're gonna have your framework.
你将分享如何充分利用一年的方法论。
You're gonna give away your framework for how you basically get the most out of the year.
因为你有一套独特的方法论,我从未在其他地方见过,而你即将向我们揭秘。
Because you've got a very special framework, and I haven't heard I I haven't seen this anywhere, and you're you're gonna let us in.
你要揭晓它了。
You're gonna reveal it.
大家可以拿出笔和纸。
And people could take out their pens, take out their papers.
在我们讲解的过程中,他们可以实时回答这些问题。
And while we're going through it, they can actually answer those questions.
对吧?
Right?
完全正确。
Exactly right.
我们将通过七个问题,帮助你更有意义地反思过去一年,从而为来年的突破性表现建立切实可行的框架。
We're gonna go through seven questions that are going to allow you to more meaningfully reflect on the year that was so that you can actually create a real structure for crushing the year ahead.
酷。
Cool.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
首先,简单铺垫一下背景。
First, just to set the stage very quickly.
为什么这件事从一开始就很重要?
Why is this important in the first place?
有一句话我特别喜欢。
There's a quote that I absolutely love.
我们不会从经历中学习。
We do not learn from experience.
我们是从对经历的反思中学习。
We learn from reflecting on experience.
这是我们常常忘记的事。
This is something that we often forget.
对吧?
Right?
就像我们年底总是匆匆忙忙地为来年做计划,好吧。
Like we we are in such a rush at the end of the year to plan for the year ahead to like, okay.
我要设定所有的目标。
I'm gonna create all my goals.
我要建立所有的系统,却忘了最重要的数据点就来自我们刚刚经历的这一年。
I'm gonna set all my systems, all of these things that we forget the most important data points just happened this year that we just had.
所以我们将要进行的这整个七问框架流程,核心就是反思。
So this entire process that we're gonna walk through these seven question framework is all about reflecting.
就是要获取这些信息,从2025年汲取养分,让你武装起来在2026年去实现想要达成的目标。
It's getting that information, sucking it out of 2025 so that you're armed to use it in 2026 to go out and achieve the things you want to achieve.
我称之为我的个人年度回顾。
I call this my personal annual review.
这是七个简单的问题,但对我的人生旅程产生了变革性、真正改变生活的效果。
It is seven simple questions that have been transformative, really life changing for me in my own journey.
它促成了我做出的一些最大改变。
It's led to some of my biggest changes that I've made.
我认为,对任何正在听的人来说,完成这个练习会让你受益匪浅。
And I think, for anyone listening to this, you're going to get a ton out of going through this exercise.
强烈建议在我们讨论这些问题时拿出一张空白纸。
Would highly recommend taking out a blank sheet of paper as we talk through all of these.
你可以写下这些问题。
You can write down the questions.
我们也会在节目笔记中提供这些问题。
We'll obviously have them in the show notes as well.
但请在我们讨论时同步进行这个练习。
But run through this as we talk through it.
我们将逐一拆解每个问题。
We'll deconstruct each question.
格雷格,希望在我们讨论每个问题时你能分享一些想法,现在让我们直接开始吧。
Greg, I hope you'll share some of your reflections as we go through each one, but let's dive right in.
那么第一个问题:今年我改变了哪些看法?
So question one, what did I change my mind on this year?
这个问题之所以如此重要,是因为最聪明、最成功的人并非那些掌握所有正确答案的人。
The reason this question is so important is the smartest, most successful people are not the ones who have all the right answers.
而是那些能提出正确问题的人。
They are the ones who ask the right questions.
这一点我一次又一次地发现。
I have found that time and time again.
我很好奇你是否也观察到,这种愿意为大脑进行'软件更新'并拥抱这些更新,而非抗拒它们的态度,对持续成长和改变是一种多么强大的力量。
I'd be curious if you've observed that in others that like this willingness to have software updates to your brain and embrace the software updates rather than trying to resist them is such a powerful force for continued growth and change.
我同意。
I agree.
我认为我们认识的最聪明、最成功的人,他们都在不断重塑自我。
I think we're all like, the smartest people I know and the most successful people I know are constantly reinventing themselves.
如果你在重塑自我,你就必须改变想法。
So if you're reinventing yourself, you have to change your mind.
是的。
Yeah.
关于自我重塑的理念,你说得非常到位。
That idea of reinvention is actually really well stated too.
就像小时候,人们总告诉你改变是件坏事。
It's like I feel like when you're a kid, you are told that changing is like a bad thing.
仿佛你是个立场不坚定的人。
Like you're oh, it's like a flip flopper.
就像政治术语里的'骑墙派',人们改变主意就会被这样称呼。
Like that term from politics, people get called flip floppers if they change their minds.
但面对新信息、新证据时的自我重塑——接纳它、从中学习、进而改变自我和处世方式——
But that idea of reinvention of like new information, new evidence and I'm going to embrace it, learn from it, and shift who I am and how I'm operating in the world.
这应该是件积极的事。
That should be a positive.
我的意思是,在任何年龄实现自我重塑都值得我们庆贺。
I mean, that should be something that we celebrate really reinventing yourself at any age.
如果你的企业月收入至少5万美元,我有件有趣的事要告诉你。
If you have a business that's doing at least $50,000 a month in revenue, I've got something interesting for you.
这叫做线下模式。
It's called offline mode.
这是我和团队在一座超过2万平方英尺的豪宅里举办的两天活动。
It's a two day event that me and my team are putting on at a 20,000 plus foot square foot mansion.
没错,这就是1月23日和24日在佛罗里达州劳德代尔堡的活动现场。
Yes, this is what it looks like on January 23 and January 24 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
我会在描述里附上链接,如果你有兴趣参加的话。不过这个活动主要是为那些业务已经小有成就,但真正想让它进入火箭式发展模式的人准备的。
I'll include a link in the description if you're interested in coming, But it's basically for people who have a business that's kinda cranking, but they really wanna put it in rocket ship mode.
他们想要打造一批能创造巨额收入、充沛现金流、完美产品市场契合度及深远影响力的企业,只是目前还差那么一点火候。
They wanna create a set of businesses that generate tons of money, tons of cash flow, tons of product market fit, tons of impact, but they're not just quite there yet.
这还关乎如何让你的企业以人工智能为先导,思考如何不止打造一款产品,而是构建多元产品矩阵。
It's also about, you know, making your business AI first, how you can actually, you know, build not just one product but multiple products.
你将带着针对问题的具体解决方案满载而归。
And you're gonna leave with, you know, tactical, answers to your questions.
所以,若你符合条件且对此感兴趣,我们届时见。
So, if that's you and this sounds interesting, I'll see you there.
目标是实现两到三个关键转变。
So the goal is two to three key changes.
嗯。
Yeah.
找出几件事。
Identify a few things.
你知道,两到三个只是个参考数字。
And I you know, two to three is a placeholder.
如果最终有五件且这一年对你意义重大,那很棒。
If it ends up being five and you had a transformative year, great.
如果只有一件但意义非凡,同样很棒。
If it's one and but it's really meaningful, also great.
我是这样理解这个问题的,因为最初看到这个问题时感觉有点挑战性。
The way that I think about getting under this because when I first looked at this question, it's like it's it's kind of challenging.
就像是,嗯,我其实不太确定。
It's like, well, I don't really know.
我过去是怎么想的?
What did I think in the past?
我现在是怎么想的?
What did I think now?
我的做法是打开日历。
The way that I do this is I open up my calendar.
比如你打开谷歌日历或任何你使用的日历工具,回顾一下2025年1月的日历。
So like if you open up, your Google Calendar or whatever you use for a calendar, go look back at your calendar from January 2025.
看看你的一些周计划、活动内容、正在处理的机会,以及你共度时光的人。
Look at some of your weeks, some of the activities, some of the, you know, opportunities you were working on, some of the people you were spending time with.
让自己代入当时的角色。
Place yourself in those shoes.
就像站在那个参与这些活动的过去自己的角度,思考你当时的核心行为、心态、习惯、交往对象,以及看待世界的方式。
Like in the shoes of the person that was engaging in those activities from back then and think about what were your core behaviors, your mindsets, your habits, the people you were spending time with, the things, the ways you were thinking about the world.
真正地回溯并思考:在那些时刻我是谁?然后想想现在的我对年轻时的自己有哪些感到尴尬的地方?
Like actually go back and and think about who you were in those moments and then think about what am I cringing at right now about that younger version of myself?
那个年轻版本的自己有什么让我产生这种尴尬的感觉?
Like what what about that younger version of myself is making me sort of feel that like that cringe sensation?
对我来说,这是最简单基本的方法,能揭示你究竟在哪些方面发生了改变?
That to me is the most, sort of simple and fundamental way to get underneath where you have changed?
比如,你改变了哪些想法?
Like, what have you changed your mind on?
因为正是那些让你为年轻时的自己感到尴尬的事情。
Because it's the things that make you cringe about that younger self.
因为当我读到这个问题时——过去一年里你改变了哪些想法?
Because when I when I read the question, what have you changed your mind about in the in the last year?
这真是个宏大的问题。
Like, it's such a big question.
对吧?
Right?
所以我觉得人们需要一些工具来帮助他们真正触及这个问题的核心。
So I feel like people need, like, tools to get, you know, get them actually get to the core of that question.
这才是最难的部分。
That's the hard part.
是啊。
Yeah.
我认为日历这类工具——我坚信最简单的工具才是最好的,因为你看,网上每个效率大师都会向你推销昂贵的时间管理方案,或者什么昂贵的'第二大脑'之类的概念产品。
And I think the calendar like, I I'm a big believer in just the simplest tools because look, like every productivity guru on the Internet will sell you some expensive productivity solution or some expensive like second brain or whatever the thing gets called.
根据我的亲身经历,我发现使用那些复杂工具的结果往往是:你做了大量动作,却并未在实际事务上取得进展。
And, you know what I found in my own experience working with some of those things is that you end up moving a whole lot but not actually making progress on things.
你构建了复杂的时间管理系统,却没能真正推进那些本该完成的工作。
Know you like have this complicated productivity system but you're not actually you know creating progress on the things that you're supposed to work on.
所以我回归最简方案——比如直接用谷歌日历。
And so I pull up the simplest version like I use Google Calendar.
翻看我今年的日历。
Go look at my calendar.
从年初开始,我一月的核心信念就是:成就不会改变我的人生。
From the beginning of the year, one of my core operating beliefs in January was achievement is not going to change my life.
在过去几年里,我逐渐认识到成就不会以任何方式改变我的生活。
Like that has sort of been something over the last several years that I've grown to believe that achievements are not going to change my life in any way.
所以我需要享受过程,对吧?
So I need to enjoy the process, right?
这是我们经常听到的老生常谈。
It's like a pretty common thing we hear.
但对我来说,我改变最大的观点是:实际上某些成就是如此深刻。
And to me, one of my biggest things I've changed my mind on is that actually some achievements are so profound.
你为之倾注了那么多心血,它们确实有潜力改变你的人生并创造转折点。
You've put so much towards them and worked so hard towards them that they actually do have the potential to change your life and create an inflection point.
这意味着它们值得你全力以赴。
And that it implies that they are worth leaning into.
你不需要哀叹这些重大成就,或者说'哦,这不会改变我'。
You don't need to sort of bemoan these big achievements or say that like, oh, it's not gonna change me.
它不会改变我是谁以及我的追求。
It's not gonna change who I am and what I'm about.
你完全可以全心投入这些事情,不必为此感到愧疚,因为它们可能比你想象的更具影响力。
You can actually lean into those things and not feel bad about leaning into them because they may actually be even more impactful than you ever thought they could be.
酷。
Cool.
那么这是第一个问题。
So that's question one.
第二个问题。
Question two.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
所以你把这个问题分成了个人和职业两部分。
So you broke this out into personal and professional here.
是的。
I did.
对。
Yeah.
所以我认为,人们在进行这类反思时常常会专注于职业思维,但我认为在个人生活中同样重要。
So I I think that oftentimes people will get focused on a professional mindset when they do this kind of reflection and I think it's just as important to think about it in your personal life.
想想看,在这个背景下,主要是思考一些人际关系和一些在这些不同问题中遇到的人,因为总的来说,人塑造了你的结果。
Think about you know largely in this context like thinking about some of the relationships and some of the you know, the people across a lot of these different questions because in general, like the people shape your outcomes.
因此,能够一路上也对一些人进行这样的反思是很重要的。
And so being able to have that have that reflection on some of the people as well along the way is important.
所以当你说到人时,是指比如一月份我很期待与之共事的人,到了十二月却没那么期待了这类情况吗?
So when you say people, it's like who did I, you know, was I excited about working with in January and by December I'm less excited about that sort of thing?
是的。
Yeah.
关于改变想法的问题,更多是关于我在生活中对某些人或某些行为方式的看法发生了怎样的转变。
On the change your mind question, it would be more about like, you know, what did I change my mind on when it comes to, you know, certain behaviours or approaches towards certain types of people in my life.
随着我们深入这个练习的后续问题,我们会更具体地讨论不同类型的人是如何创造或消耗能量的等等。
As we get into later questions in this exercise, we'll talk about like more specifics when it comes to different types of people that created versus drained energy, etc.
就个人层面而言,可能是你意识到需要调整看待日常习惯的方式,改变处理事物的方法等等。
With this it would be like, you know, on the personal side, you know, maybe some of your routines like you've realised you needed to shift the context in which you viewed different routines, different approaches to things, stuff like that.
想跳到第二个问题吗?
Want to jump to question two?
好的,我们开始吧。
Yep, let's do it.
今年是什么让你充满活力?
What created energy this year?
第二个问题和即将讨论的第三个问题的核心理念是:你的人生成果取决于你的能量状态。
So the fundamental idea with both question two and question three which we'll come to is that your outcomes in life follow your energy.
核心思想是,当你专注于并投入那些能带来提升、自然吸引力的事物时,就能创造出最佳成果。
Idea being like when you are working on and leaning into things that create that lift, that natural pull, you create the best outcomes.
因此,识别生活中哪些事物能赋予能量、哪些会消耗能量至关重要——因为当你做到这点,就能真正引导并做出改变,从而投入能量创造者,远离能量消耗者。
And so identifying the things that create energy versus drain energy in your life is essential because when you do that, then you're able to actually guide and make changes so that you can lean into the things that create and lean away from the things that drain.
这个问题及其反向问题(即第三个问题)将让你回顾全年的日程安排,利用它们挖掘趋势背后的原因,开始真正解构分析。
This question and its inverse which is question three is going to have you actually look back at your calendars from the full year and use those to get underneath those trends to start actually deconstructing.
在你的生活中,究竟是哪些类型的活动在创造能量,哪些又在消耗能量?
What were those types of activities that created versus drained energy in your life?
好的,明白了。
So okay.
关于这一点我有个问题。
So I have a question about this one.
所以呢
So there
有
are
些事情,你知道,我只是在反思自己的情况。
certain things know, I'm just reflecting on my own stuff.
有些事情短期内会消耗能量,但从长远来看却能创造能量。
There's certain things that are, you know, drain energy red, but in the in the short term, but the long term benefit is created energy.
我给你举个例子。
So I'll give you an example.
对我来说——这可能会让一些人感到惊讶——实际上我发现录制播客节目时很耗精力。
For me, and this might come to a shock to some people, I actually find doing episodes of the podcast to be, like, draining in the moment.
有时候,我其实并不期待做播客。
Sometimes I, like, don't look forward to it.
但一旦完成后,感觉就像完成了一次锻炼。
But once I'm done it, it's like a it's like a workout.
我感觉棒极了。
I feel amazing.
不仅当下感觉非常棒——大脑立刻觉得神清气爽,而且我知道这些内容(希望能)帮助到他人。
Not only do I feel, like, amazing right after, like, brain feels amazing right after, but I also know that the content, I hope the content, is gonna help people.
因此,这几乎就像是一种利他主义。
So therefore, it's like it it it it's almost like altruistic.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
那么,你如何处理这种情况?
So how do you deal with that?
类似这样的情况?
Like, situations like that?
我尤其关注那些消耗精力的事情。
I always look at on the draining side in particular.
正是出于这个原因,我更关注事后感受而非过程中的体验。
I focus on how do I feel after rather than how do I feel during for that exact reason.
你提到的锻炼例子对我来说是最佳例证——很多跑步训练或举重练习中,我身心俱疲,但结束后总会感觉棒极了。甚至像冷水浴这种看似傻气的例子也是如此,对吧?
Working out actually the example that you brought up there is the best one in my mind for me because there's plenty of run workouts or different lifts or whatever where I'm clearly drained during it physically and mentally But afterwards, you always feel fantastic or even like a cold plunge as a silly example, right?
就像2022年或某年流行过一阵的冷水浴热潮。
Like the fad of 2022 or whatever year it was that everyone was cold plunging.
显然你不会特别喜欢泡在冰水里的感觉。
You know, clearly you're not like super enjoying being in freezing cold water.
这在很多方面都很耗精力。
Is draining in a lot of ways.
但当你出来时,会感到无比畅快。
But when you get out, you feel incredible.
生活中很多事都是这样。
There's plenty of things like that in your life.
因此在消耗精力方面,当我们进入第三个问题时,要关注你在事后而非过程中甚至事前的感受,因为会有很多类似的情况。
And so on the draining side, when we get into question three, focus on how you feel after rather than during or even before because there will be a lot of things like that.
我认为这也适用于创造能量。
I think that that applies to creating energy as well.
有些事情可能在过程中感觉比较平淡,但事后你会感到无比振奋。
There are certain things that maybe feel more neutral during and then you feel incredible after.
所以在思考你的能量时,要更多地关注那些即时的后续效果。
So on these, when you think about your energy, focus on, more on the like immediate aftermath effects.
比如,你觉得你需要去跑步机上跑步,还是觉得需要小睡一会儿?
Like, you feel like you need to go run on a treadmill or do you feel like you need to take a nap?
我很好奇,在你的生活中,是否有某些事情虽然过程不期待,但能为你创造能量?
And I'm I'm curious in like in your life, do you have like, some things that create energy in your life that you really don't look forward to during it?
或者你是那种人吗?比如我知道你喜欢锻炼,但你真的享受锻炼过程吗?
Or are you one of those people that, like you know, I know you enjoy working out, but do know, do you enjoy working out?
对我来说,锻炼绝对是其中之一。
I mean, for me is definitely one.
听着,写作是我的主业。
Look, writing is my main thing.
当初你我停止共同主持节目,主要原因就是我要写这本书。
When you and I stopped being co hosts, the main reason was I was going to write this book.
我当时就想,我要把写作当作我的主要事业。
I was like, I'm going to take on writing as my main thing.
过去几年里,我完全不记得有任何时刻是在动笔前或写作过程中就热爱写作的。
And I don't remember a single moment in the last several years where I have been like so in love with writing before and during doing it.
老实说,我觉得写作是个苦差事。
I find it to be a grind honestly.
从智力层面来说确实很有挑战性,但当那些突破性时刻来临——灵光乍现的瞬间,感觉棒极了。
Like intellectually, I find it to be really challenging but I feel incredible when I have those like little breakthrough moments where something clicks in my mind.
就像是来之不易的胜利。
It's like the hard earned win.
对吧?
Right?
那种你刚刚经历的有意义的挣扎,突然间就会迎来小小的突破。
Like there's something about that meaningful struggle that you just endured that like all of a sudden there's the little breakthrough.
写作对我来说绝对是这样的。
And writing is definitely that way for me.
所以我试着坚持每天写作,因为我觉得这是我需要强迫自己去做的挣扎,而之后我会感到满足。
And so I like I try to lean into daily writing because I find it to be that struggle that I need to force myself to do and then I feel good on the other side.
就像海明威说的,你只需要写出一句真实的句子。
It's like the Ernest Hemingway, all you have to do is write one true sentence.
就是逼自己做到这一点,然后从中获得那种突破的感觉。
It's like just push yourself to do that, and there's this feeling of breakthrough that comes from it.
酷。
Cool.
那么今年是什么创造了能量?
So what created energy this year?
职业、个人和人际关系方面。
Professional, personal, and people.
是的。
Yeah.
我喜欢更进一步把能量分解到这三个类别中。
I like to deconstruct the energy one even a little bit further into these three buckets.
因为在个人方面,我倾向于在自己的大脑中更多地思考健康实践这类个人范畴的事情。
Because on the personal side, I tend to just in my own brain think about like health practices a lot within that personal bucket.
对我来说,这通常像是日常习惯之类的事情。
Like that tends to be like routines and things like that for me.
因此我进一步剖析了人际关系这一层,因为关键在于识别生活中哪些人给予你能量,哪些人消耗你的能量。
And so I deconstructed that further layer because people on this one is like it's essential to know the people that create versus drain energy in your life.
如果要我说过去十年对我影响最大的改变,那就是不再把精力浪费在不值得的人身上。
I would say if there's been one single change that has been most impactful for me over the last decade, it has been closing off my energy to people who had not earned the right to it.
那像你这样的人呢?
What about for people like you?
要知道,你可是《纽约时报》的畅销书作家。
You know, you're a New York Times bestselling author.
你做得真的很出色。
You've done really well.
如果你不需要工作,可能根本就不用工作。
You probably don't even need to work if you didn't need to.
那些刚刚起步的人呢?
What about the people who are just starting out?
你知道吗?
You know?
如果你处于从零到一的阶段,比如二十出头,你觉得拒绝消耗你能量的人是一种特权吗?
Could you if you're in the zero to one phase, you know, you're in your early twenties, you know, could you like, is it a privilege to be able to say no to people who are draining you?
我认为逐步消除或减少生活中消耗能量的事物,是一种需要时间赢得的特权。
I think it is an earned privilege over time to eliminate or mitigate the energy draining things from your life.
但这是我们所有人都应该渴望持续争取的特权,对吧?
But it's an earned privilege that all of us should aspire to continue to earn over time, right?
就像你可以缓慢而稳定地逐步改进。
Like you can make slow steady incremental improvements.
顺便说一句,我认为没有人能达到日程表上全是能量补给活动的境界。
By the way, I don't think anyone will ever get to the point where your calendar is entirely energy creators.
我觉得生活中总会有消耗能量的部分存在。
Like I I think there is always an element of life that is energy draining things.
就是那些你不得不做、并不喜欢但这就是生活的事情。
Like just stuff that you just have to do, you don't really like it, but that's life.
这就是生活和作为人类的一部分。
That is part of living and being human.
而且你可能并不想完全消除这些事情,因为它们增添了生活的质感和意义层次。
And probably, you wouldn't want to eliminate some of those things because they add texture and they add a layer of meaning.
但我认为这是需要时间积累才能获得的。
But I think that is earned over time.
比如我在私募基金做分析师的第一份工作时,每周工作100小时,处理大量邮件、Excel建模之类的事情。
In, you know, my first job working as an analyst in a private equity fund, I was working hundred hour weeks doing a lot of like email, Excel modelling, all of that stuff.
我能从这些事情中获得能量吗?
And did I get energy from a ton of that stuff?
没有。
No.
我当时有能力改变正在做的许多事情吗?
And did I have an ability to change a lot of those things that I was doing?
没有。
No.
但随着时间的推移,你可以逐步做出这些小改进。
But slowly over time, you can make these little incremental improvements to it.
比如,找出一个你可能改变的事项。
Know, identify one thing that you might be able to change.
也许整个下午连续不断的电话会议让你精疲力尽,而其中某个电话可以改成散步通话——这种形式会让你感觉更有活力。
Like maybe it's back to back phone calls for a whole afternoon is really draining for you and maybe one of those calls could be a walking call which you find more energy creating.
突然间,原本灰暗的日程里就出现了一小块绿洲。这些微小改变实际上会不断累积,在
All of a sudden, there's a little pocket of green where it didn't used to be And those tiny changes can actually stack up and make a pretty big impact over the course of
很长一段时间后产生相当显著的影响。
a long period of time.
我非常喜欢这个观点。
I like that a lot.
这个问题自然引出了第三个问题:今年是什么消耗了你的能量?
So that question leads into and is you know connected obviously to the third question which is what drained energy this year.
就是反过来思考。
Just the inverse.
再次审视你的日程安排,深入挖掘,找出那些消耗能量的事情。
You're looking at your calendars again, you're diving in, and you're identifying what those energy draining things are.
有哪些事情让你在过程中或之后感觉不那么像个人,无论以何种形式。
What was sort of the stuff that just made you feel less human both during and after in whatever format.
对我来说,几乎每年都是电话和Zoom会议。
For me, that is almost always every year calls and Zoom meetings.
你知道吗,我总觉得我陷入了这种循环:承担太多,然后需要重新调整。
Know like I constantly feel like I go through these like cycles of taking on too much and then needing a reset.
同样,对这些事情做些微小的调整就能产生相当显著的影响。
And again, minor adjustments to this kind of stuff can have a pretty dramatic impact.
所以尽早识别出这些事项,然后学会根据需要调整方向,这真的非常有效。
So identifying what those are early and then learning to adjust course as you need to, really impactful.
老兄,Zoom会议,特别是背靠背的Zoom会议,简直没有比这更糟的了。
Dude, Zoom calls, like back to back Zoom calls, nothing nothing worse.
那你觉得这是你最需要改进的主要问题吗?
What's your like, is that your is that your big one that you feel like you need to work on?
实际上,你知道,我在这方面挺幸运的,我的日程安排相当宽松。
I'm actually, you know, I'm privileged in the sense that, like, my calendar is pretty pretty empty.
嗯。
Mhmm.
而且,说实话,如果我能安排更多Zoom会议,我可能会更成功,但我现在的生活要快乐得多。
And, you know, I've you know, the reality is, like, I would be way more successful if I did have more Zoom calls, but I just enjoy my life a lot more.
比如周四我们俩要聚一聚,这大概是我周四唯一的安排了。
Like, we're hanging out on Thursday, you and I, and, like, I think that's my only thing on on on Thursday.
你懂我意思吧?
You know what I mean?
这完全取决于你对成功的定义。
It just depends on your definition of success.
如果按我的逻辑来说,听起来你已经达到了自己想要的成功标准。
If you were to ask me, you know, according to to my logic, it sounds like you're just as successful as you wanna be.
你满足了自己的定义。
You're meeting your own definition.
是啊。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我...我就是这么看的。
I mean, I I that's how I that's how I see it.
你懂吧?
You know?
所以对我来说,有一些固定的每周、每月或每季度的电话会议,都是些例行会议。
So I think, for me, there are a certain set of, like, weekly or monthly or quarterly calls that I am on where I'm just like, it's recurring meetings.
就是这样。
That's what it is.
周期性会议。
Recurring meetings.
而这就是我最需要从日历上删除的东西。
And from that's the last thing I need to just, like, remove from my calendar.
是啊。
Yeah.
周期性会议也挺有意思的,因为我发现人们往往会为了这些会议硬凑些实际上无关紧要的话题。
Recurring meetings are a funny one too because what what I find happens is you create stuff to talk about on them that's not actually impactful.
你会觉得,好吧,
You you're like, oh, okay.
既然每月第一个周一都有这个例会,那我就得准备一堆需要讨论的事项。
I have this recurring meeting every month on the first Monday of the month, So I'm gonna have a bunch of touch points that we need to talk about.
但其实根本没必要。
But, like, it wasn't actually necessary.
这些事完全可以异步处理。
You could have done it asynchronously.
是啊。
Yeah.
我也认为,如果要安排定期会议,必须采用亚马逊的那种做法。
I also think what I wanna do is if I'm gonna have a recurring meeting, there needs to be this is, I think, the Amazon approach.
比如,会前必须发送PDF文件、演示文稿或原型供大家审阅。
Like, there needs to be a PDF, a deck, a prototype sent before that we're all reviewing.
这样我们就不会把一半的会议时间浪费在同步进度上。
So that way, we're not spending half the meeting, like, just, like, sharing an update.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
这类更新完全可以异步进行,我们应该把会议时间用在真正有建设性的事情上。
Like, let's do that async, and then let's use the meeting to actually be constructive.
这可能是我在私募股权行业学到的最重要的一课。
This was probably one of the most impactful lessons I learned from my years in private equity.
虽然我觉得私募股权基金在很多方面都存在问题,但他们董事会会议的结构确实发人深省——做得好的话,CEO、董事会和团队会提前一周发送业务更新报告,包含所有关键业务数据。
You I think private equity funds sometimes get a lot of things wrong but one of the things that I thought was profound was the structure of board meetings when well done which was the CEO and the board and the team would send around like maybe a week in advance a deck that was basically the business update and all of the key information about the business.
这样当所有人齐聚会议室时,会议就能完全聚焦于那些需要做出和讨论的前瞻性关键决策。
And then the meeting itself when everyone was in the room together was entirely focused on the like forward looking most critical decisions that needed to be made and debated.
因为如果不这样做,会议就会变成大家不断向你汇报各项指标和数据的场合。
Because what would happen in the absence of that was you'd get into the meeting and people would just be like updating you on the metrics and the numbers for the entire thing.
结果你根本没时间讨论关键的战略决策。
And you'd get no time on the key strategic decisions.
其实这些内容完全可以通过邮件或文档来传达。
And it was like, that is actually totally fine to just have in an email or a deck.
大家都会阅读。
Everyone reads it.
所有人都能提前熟悉内容。
Everyone's primed on it.
他们可以事先就任何必要事项提出问题。
They can ask any questions in advance on anything necessary.
然后当我们都到场时,就能集中脑力讨论真正能推动业务发展的事项。
And then let's focus the brainpower when we're all here the things that are actually gonna drive the business forward.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以这将是我2026年的重大转变。
So this is the this is gonna be the big change for me in 2026.
我也希望,某种程度上,这就像一个创业点子。
I also wish and somewhat, this is like a startup idea.
应该有人解决这个问题。
Someone should figure this out.
我希望有一种方法能确保大家真的阅读了准备材料。
Is I wish there was a way to ensure that people actually read read the prep materials.
你懂我意思吧?
Like, you know what I mean?
比如,问责机制。
Like, accountability.
因为我发现有时我们会在月度会议或其他场合实施这个。
Because sometimes I find we'll we'll implement this in in a monthly meeting or whatever.
然后到了会议时,你会发现75%的人根本没读过那些演示文稿或其他材料。
And we get to the meeting and, you know, 75% of the people haven't read the, you know, the deck or whatever it was.
是啊。
Yeah.
我想,比如用Loom,你能看到人们在文档里停留了多久,DocsEnd之类的工具也能做到。
I guess, like, with Loom, you can see, like or DocsEnd or whatever, like, you can see how long people were in it.
当然,这些系统总有办法被钻空子。
Or I mean, obviously, there's always ways to hack those systems.
没错。
Yeah.
确实需要个小测验之类的机制,来确保整个团队都看过了材料。
You do need, like, a little quizlet or something like that to make sure that the whole team is reviewed.
就像如果没看Loom视频,就不能加入Google Meet会议。
It's like if you haven't watched the Loom, you don't get access to the Google Meet.
哦。
Oh.
但这有点
But that's kind of
其实是个好主意。
a good idea, actually.
这就是解锁的方式吗?
And that's how you unlock it?
这就是解锁的方式吗?
That's how you unlock it?
你得输入一些...比如要从备忘录第27页找个问题来回答。
You have to put in, like, some you you have to put in a response to some question from, like, page 27 of the memo.
完全正确。
Totally.
是的。
Yeah.
就像不用验证码,而是证明你是人类。
It's like instead of a captcha, prove that you're human.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像是要证明你是个好队友。
It's like prove that you're a good team member.
这让我想起《哈利波特与魔法石》里的情节,他们必须穿越那个迷宫般的关卡才能到达伏地魔那里,底部的战斗,他们必须逐一通过每个挑战。
It reminds me of like, Harry Potter and like the Sorcerer's Stone when they have to go through the levels of that like maze thing to get to Voldemort, the battle at the bottom and like they have to like make it through each challenge.
比如他们下巫师棋,必须通过各种不同的考验。
Like they play wizard's chess and they have to like get through the different things.
没错。
Exactly.
我喜欢这个。
I like it.
我喜欢这个。
I like it.
好吧。
Alright.
所以这里也有三个分类。
So three buckets also here.
对。
Yep.
所以你指的是职业、个人和人际关系。
So you're you're professional, personal, and people.
没错。
Yep.
而且,人际关系这点再怎么强调都不为过。
And, the people one cannot overstate this.
比如,要识别出那些让你觉得相处后需要洗个澡的人,并想办法在2026年减少对这些人投入的精力。
Like, identify the people that make you feel like you need to take a shower after spending time with them, and figure out a way to limit the energy you give to those people in 2026.
我的笔记是:识别出'洗澡型人群'。
My note is identify the shower people.
'洗澡型人群'。
Shower people.
展开剩余字幕(还有 383 条)
我喜欢这个说法。
I like it.
很上口。
It's catchy.
对。
Yeah.
我会明白它的含义。
I'll know I'll know what that means.
好的。
Alright.
第四个问题。
Question four.
我生活中的船锚是什么?
What were the boat anchors in my life?
就是船锚。
So boat anchor.
你把它扔进水里。
You throw it in the water.
作为船只,它能让你固定位置。
It keeps you in place as a boat.
如果你试图全速驾驶船只,锚只会卡在你身后的海底。
If you try to drive the boat at full speed, the anchor is just stuck in the seabed behind you.
这显然会阻碍你以全力操作船只的能力。
It's gonna obviously hinder your capacity to operate the boat at full power.
用这个比喻来说,船锚就是那些拖住你的东西,在你的生活中制造阻力。
Boat anchors, using this metaphor, are the things that are holding you back, that are creating drag in your life.
可能是心态、行为、人际关系、你对自己讲述的故事、自我限制的信念等等。
That could be mindsets, behaviors, people, stories you're telling yourself, self limiting beliefs, etc.
那些阻碍你全力发挥的事物。
Things that are not allowing you to operate at full power.
识别这些障碍并斩断它们,可以说是取得进步的最快途径。
Identifying what those are and cutting the line, if you will, is the fastest way to make progress.
我们这些雄心勃勃、表现卓越的人总会下意识认为,取得进步最快的方式就是增添新事物。
We as ambitious high performing people automatically assume that the fastest way to make progress is to add something new.
你会想,好吧,我要努力在2026年取得进展。
You're like, oh, okay, I'm going to try to make progress in 2026.
该培养什么新习惯?
What's the new habit?
该创立什么新公司?
What's the new company?
该建立什么新思维、新惯例?
What's the new mindset, the new routine?
不管具体是什么,对吧?
Whatever the thing is, right?
用现在推特上流行的说法就是——新规约。
New protocol to use the language that everyone uses now on Twitter.
但事实上,最快的进步方式是斩断那些拖累你的事物。
The reality is that the fastest way is to cut something that's holding you back.
所以我们需要识别出这些阻碍因素。
So we need to identify those.
这正是这个反思问题真正要探讨的。
That's what this reflection question really gets under.
是的。
Yeah.
这确实非常棒。
This is this is really good.
我发现回答这个问题通常需要某种教练的协助。
I find that answering this question often requires, like, a coach of some sort.
或者就像某个你了解的朋友那样?
Or or just like a friend who you know?
因为回答这个问题时你必须非常诚实。
Because you really have to be, know, honest when you're answering this question.
要真正做到这点很难。
It's hard to it's hard to get to that.
是的。
Yeah.
这需要一种相当具有挑战性的自我消解程度。
It requires a level of, like, ego destruction that is really challenging.
你一开始就提到过这点。
So you said this at the outset.
比如,你可以和信任的朋友一起做这个练习,可能是伴侣,也可能是朋友,某个了解你且能对你直言不讳的人。
Like, you could do this exercise with a friend, someone you trust, could be a partner, it could be a friend, someone that knows you and that is a truth teller in your life, like someone who is willing to tell you the truth.
顺便说一句,我认为生命中拥有这样的人至关重要——历史上许多伟人的陨落,正是因为他们身边缺少敢于说真话的人。
I think that that's an essential person to have in your life by the way because the downfall of many great men and women throughout history is that they clearly don't have anyone in their life who is willing to tell them the truth.
随着他们越来越成功,周围尽是阿谀奉承之辈,夸赞他们了不起,说所有想法都很棒,而事实并非如此。
So as they've gotten more and more successful, they're surrounded by people who pat them on the back and tell them they're great, tell them all their ideas are awesome when in fact they are not.
我确实受益于生命中有这样一群人,尤其是我妻子,无论何时她都会直言不讳。
And I have certainly benefited from having a bunch of people in my life, but most importantly my wife who no matter what is always a truth teller.
所以找个这样的人陪你完成这个练习吧。
So find that person maybe to do this one with.
问问他们,从旁观者的角度能看到哪些问题。
Ask them what are some of the things they could see from the outside looking in.
而对于你自己,试着建立那种局外人的视角。
And then for you, try to create that outsider's perspective.
比如,要做到这点或许可以自问:如果有第三方观察我一星期,他们会说是什么在阻碍我前进?
Like, you know, to do that maybe ask yourself here, if a third party were to watch me for a week, what would they say are the things that are holding me back?
他们会怎么评价——比如说——我对目标的认真程度,或是我追求事物的态度?
Like what would they say about, you know, how serious I am about my goals or about the things that I'm going after?
你觉得用ChatGPT之类的工具来帮你找出那些拖累因素怎么样?
What do you think about using chat GBT or something like that to help you figure out what the boat anchors are?
我觉得这其实是个很棒的主意。
I think it's a great idea actually.
我之前没想到这点,但我认为整个年度回顾练习其实可以和ChatGPT一起完成,让它充当某种副驾驶的角色。
I hadn't thought of it, but I think that this entire annual review exercise could actually be something that you do with ChatGPT as sort of a co pilot.
我认为需要事先向ChatGPT说明,你需要它进行深思熟虑的批判性思考,充当一个智力上的陪练伙伴,而不仅仅是个友善的伙伴,这点对这个问题特别重要。
I think that setting the pretext to ChatGPT that you need it to be thoughtfully critical and sort of an intellectual sparring partner rather than a, you know, just a friendly kind partner would be important, especially for this question.
但它确实可能非常有用。
But it could be really useful.
是啊。
Yeah.
另外,你应该设定程序让它不要对所有事情都持积极态度,要像你说的那样,做个真相揭示者。
Also, you'd you should program it to not be positive with everything and just be like you know, I like the words you use, truth teller.
就像做个真相揭示者,有时候真相确实会伤人。
Like, being a truth teller, the truth hurts sometimes, basically.
所以
So
我们要不要现在就接入ChatGPT,看看它会给出什么建议?
Should we plug it into ChatGPT right now and see what it tells us?
当然可以。
Sure.
好的。
Alright.
我要试试看。
I'm gonna do it.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
我还没设置前提条件,但现在我很好奇。
I don't have, like I I haven't set the pretext, but now I'm curious.
所以你是想让我来提问还是怎样?
So you want me to all the questions or this
具体问题?
specific question?
一个。
One.
好。
K.
现在我很好奇,我要和你一起试试。
So now I'm curious what I'm gonna do it alongside you.
所以我要说,或者,你知道,我能这么说吗?
So I'm gonna say or, you know, can I say this?
假装好吧。
Pretend okay.
我要说我的名字是格雷格·艾森伯格。
I'm gonna say my name is Greg Eisenberg.
假装你是萨希尔·布鲁姆。
Pretend like you are Sahil Bloom.
我正在做年度回顾,我需要彻底弄清楚这个问题。
I am conducting an annual review, and I need to get to the bottom of this.
问题。
Question.
我生命中的船锚是什么?
What were the boat anchors in my life?
你会在这个提示里添加什么?
What would you add to this prompt?
我会说解释一下什么是船锚(阻碍因素)。
I would say explain what boat anchors are.
简单来说,船锚就是那些阻碍你全力发挥的心态、信念、行为和习惯。
So I would just say boat anchors are the mindsets, beliefs, behaviors, and habits that are holding you back from operating at full power.
我也刚输入了这个提示,得到了一些有趣的回答。
I just plugged it in too, so I got some interesting responses.
阻碍你实现什么目标?
That are holding you back from achieving what?
阻碍你发挥全部潜能或全力。
Achieving at full capacity or full power.
好的。
Okay.
然后我会按下回车看看结果。
And then I'll hit enter and see what happens.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
上面显示我会放大画面让大家看清楚
So it says I'll zoom in so people can see.
船锚是日常生活中不易察觉的隐形阻力,它们会拖慢每个决策、扭曲每个机会,最终累积成停滞不前的状态
Boat anchors are the hidden drag forces you don't notice in day to day, but they slow every decision, distort every opportunity, and compound into stagnation.
其实我还挺喜欢这个说法的
I kinda like that, actually.
需要审视的核心类别:那些限制你视野的信念
The core categories to interrogate, beliefs that shrink your aperture.
例如:我必须参与所有事情
Examples, I need to be involved in everything.
如果我放慢节奏,事情就会出问题
If I slow down things, things break.
这个例子举得很好
That's a good one.
嗯
Mhmm.
消耗而非创造能量的习惯。
Habits that drain wattage instead of creating it.
无法推动进展却消耗精力的重复行为。
Recurring behaviors that don't move the needle but consume cycles.
这有点像我们之前讨论的内容。
That's kinda like what we were talking about.
是的。
Yep.
将你引向错误游戏的激励机制,你经常提到这个。
Incentives that point you at the wrong games, you talk a lot about that.
扭曲判断的情感承诺,腐蚀直觉的信息饮食。
Emotional commitments that distort judgment, information diets that rot your intuition.
所以提取锚点的方法。
So the methods to extract your anchors.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
追踪生活中任何你持续过度思考的领域。
Track any area of life where you consistently overthink.
那里埋藏着一个锚点。
There's an anchor buried there.
追踪那些你总说等事情平静下来就会去解决的问题。
Track anything you keep saying you'll fix when things calm down.
锚点就藏在那类事项里。
Anchors hide in that folder.
追踪那些曾经让你充满活力但现在感觉沉重的事物。
Track anything that used to energize you but now feels heavy.
那是伪装成身份认同的锚点。
That's an anchor disguised as identity.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我喜欢这个观点。
I like that.
我的也不错。
Mine was pretty good too.
我知道,实际上它给了我一个强大的复合体。
I know that, it actually gave me it gave me one that was the strong one complex.
上面写着:你经常独自承担情感重担。
It says, you often carried emotional weight alone.
你很少承认自己感到害怕、不堪重负或不确定。
You rarely admitted when you were scared, overwhelmed, or uncertain.
你说人们依赖你,但有时这会带来无形的情感负担。
You said people rely on you, but sometimes it created an invisible emotional tax.
这个说得好。
That's a good one.
就是这样。
Like that.
所以人们基本上应该...如果你不想和伴侣分享,顺便说那是另一回事了。
So people should basically you know, if you don't if you don't wanna share with your partner by the way, that's a whole other thing.
对吧?
Right?
就像,人们就是不想分享
Like, people just don't wanna share
是啊。
Yeah.
某些事情与伴侣分享,无论出于什么原因。
Some stuff with their partner for whatever reason.
顺便说一句,这点我能理解。
Which I understand, by the way.
我...我这么做可能正是源于刚才说的那种'强者情结'。
I I do it probably goes to that strong one complex that I just said.
确实,我有时会把事情藏在心里,因为个人可能秉持着一种过时且传统的观念——认为对家庭的责任就是独自承担某些重担。
Like, I do carry things close to the vest sometimes because I personally am probably carry a dated and somewhat traditional belief that like my responsibility to my family is to do that and shoulder the burden of certain things.
这在很多方面让我感到自豪,但就像生活中大多数事情一样,这是把双刃剑。
And I take pride in that in a lot of ways, but I think it's a double edged sword like most things in life.
所以我理解你不想和伴侣分享这些,现在有AI工具能在这方面帮上忙真是太好了。
So I understand if you don't want to do something like this with your partner and it's great that there are AI tools that might be able to be useful in this way.
酷。
Cool.
我们该进入第五个问题了吗?
Should we go to question five?
开始吧。
Let's do it.
第五个问题,我因为恐惧而没有做什么?
Question number five, what did I not do because of fear?
这其实是前一个问题的自然延伸,同样需要一定程度上的自我剖析。
So this is a natural outflowing from the boat anchors one and similarly requires a level of ego destruction.
我认为这里最直接常见的观察是:恐惧其实源于经验不足而非能力欠缺。
I think the most common or upfront observation that I would have here is that fear is really about inexperience not incapability.
你害怕是因为你还没做过这件事,而不是因为你做不到。
You're afraid because you haven't done it yet, not because you can't do it.
而这种不熟悉正是需要解决的问题,你可以通过行动来解决这个不熟悉的问题。
And that inexperience then is the problem to be solved and you can solve that inexperience as a problem through action.
所以当我们审视恐惧时,我们真正试图探究的是:为什么我没有对这件事采取行动?
So when we look at fear, what we're trying to really get underneath is why did I not take action on this thing?
比如,是什么恐惧阻碍了我?
Like, what was that fear that held me back?
我错过了什么?
What did I not do?
我们该如何照亮这个‘怪物’,让你意识到它其实并没有想象中那么可怕。
And how can we shine a light on that monster, if you will, to realize that it actually wasn't quite as scary as we really thought.
就像你想象自己是个孩子,或者听众中有些人有孩子,他们害怕床底下的怪物或衣柜里的怪物。
Like you imagine yourself as a kid or maybe some of the people listening have children, they're afraid of the monster under their bed or the monster in the closet.
然后你打开门,打开灯,发现那里根本没有怪物,于是你就不再害怕了。
And then you open the door and you turn on the light and you realize there's no monster there and now you're not afraid.
这就是恐惧对我们大多数人造成的影响。
That is what fear does to most of us.
它在黑暗中滋长。
It thrives in the darkness.
当你照亮它、拆解它时,最终会发现它并不可怕,于是你开始对这些事情采取行动。
And when you shine a light on it, when you deconstruct it, you end up realizing it wasn't so scary and you start taking action on these things.
蒂姆·费里斯是我见到的第一个讨论这个问题的人。
Tim Ferriss was the first person I saw talk about this.
他有一个练习,我记得他称之为‘恐惧设定’,通过思考‘如果我采取行动会有什么坏处?如果采取行动会有什么好处?’来拆解恐惧。
He had a exercise I think he called fear setting where you deconstruct a fear by saying, what were the downsides if I had taken action and what were the upsides if I had taken action?
这让你对原本抽象模糊的事物获得一种平衡客观的视角。
And it gives you this balanced sort of objective perspective on the thing that was previously, you know, abstract and amorphous.
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
能分享一下你因为恐惧而没去做的事情吗?
Can you share like some things that you haven't done because of fear?
好的。
Yeah.
我想说的是,我最大的恐惧是在我的书即将发行前。
I mean, I would say my biggest one was leading up to my book launch.
那是在2024年底,2025年初。
This is late twenty twenty four, very early twenty twenty five.
我真正发现的是,我害怕的是全力以赴却遭遇失败。
My real fear around it that I uncovered was I was afraid of giving 100% towards this thing and failing.
我们常遇到的情况是,因为害怕全力以赴后失败会伤害自尊,所以干脆不全力以赴。
So one thing that often happens to us is like we don't give a 100% because we're afraid of what would happen to our ego if we did give a 100% and then failed.
对吧?
Right?
这就像是一种自我保护机制。
It's like a self protection mechanism.
你事先给自己找好借口。
You build in the excuse.
格雷格或任何听众,你们在生活中某个时刻可能都这样做过。
So you've probably done this at some point in your life, Greg or anyone listening.
你知道,你基本上就是在说,'哦,事情没成,但反正我也没真正去推广它'。
You know, you've basically said like, Oh, well it didn't work out but like yeah because I didn't really promote the thing.
对吧?
Right?
你知道,我并没有真正全力以赴。
You know, I didn't really give everything I had.
所以事情没成也是理所当然的。
So like yeah it didn't work out.
无所谓了。
Well whatever.
这种自我保护最终变成了自我否定。
It's like this self protection that becomes self rejection.
这是我必须克服的一大心理障碍。
That was a big one for me to get through.
我最终意识到,如果要失败,那也必须是在全力以赴之后——必须为真正在意且意义重大的事情拼尽全力。
To just realize that like if I was gonna go down, I had to go down truly swinging and push and give my all towards something that I really cared about and felt was really meaningful.
我来分享一个与此相关的小故事。
I'll share a little story about about this.
因为最近几周我一直在思考关于恐惧的问题。
I was because I've been thinking about fear a lot the last few weeks.
实际上,有一位我敬仰的人通过Instagram联系了我。
So someone who I look up to reaches out to me, actually, on Instagram.
嗯,是个非常有名的人。
Well, very well known guy.
所以我非常敬重他。
So I look up to him.
这个人我已经关注多年了。
This guy I've been following for years.
他说,我非常喜欢你的内容。
He's like, I I love your content.
我们能通个电话吗?
Can we hop on a call?
我简直惊呆了。
I'm like flabbergasted.
我超级兴奋。
I'm so excited.
然后我们开始通话,他说想让我详细介绍一下我正在经营的业务。
And he I get on the call, and he's and he's like, want you to walk me through the businesses that you're running.
于是我就分享了屏幕。
So I share my screen.
我说,我正在屏幕共享。
I'm like, I'm a screen share.
我需要...让我来共享一下。
I need I need a let me let me share.
我分享了我的...然后我就看到他的眼神变得游离,对我们正在做的其他三四家公司显得心不在焉。
I share my and and I could just see his eyes, like, glazing over of other, you know, three or four companies that we're working on.
然后他说:我能诚实地评价一下你正在做的事情吗?
And he's like, can I give you an my honest opinion of of what you're doing?
然后他说,这规模不够大。
And he goes, it's not big enough.
规模还不够大。
It's not big enough.
然后我们又聊了一会儿,他就挂断了电话。
And, like, you know, we talk a little bit more, hangs hangs hangs up.
我当时在想,其实我还跟我妻子提过这件事。
And I was thinking you know, I actually told my wife about it.
我在想,是不是我的格局不够大?
I was like, am I not thinking big enough?
你知道吗?
You know?
我是不是因为害怕而没敢放手去做?
Am I am I not doing things because of fear?
这次我不得不认真思考这个问题,最后发现并非如此。
In this case, I actually had to go through this exercise, and I realized, no.
并不是因为我不够热爱我正在做的事情。
I'm not it's not because I'm actually, like, loving what I'm doing.
所以对我来说这是满分十分。
So I'm it's a 10 on 10.
恐惧与此毫无关系。
Fear has nothing to do with it.
但我认为,关于恐惧的提示确实能帮助你更清晰地认识自己。
But I think that the prompt of you know, the fear prompt is so so helpful in giving yourself clarity.
因为突然间,当我展望2026年时,我会觉得,没错。
Because now all of a sudden, I'm walking into 2026, and and I'm like, yeah.
实际上,我对我正在做的事情百分百坚信不疑。
Actually, the stuff I'm doing, I totally 110% believe in.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以你算是被这个问题推动着重新评估了这件事。
So you kinda got pushed and, like, the question pushed you to reassess on it.
是的。
Yeah.
完全同意。
I Totally.
我也有过类似经历,比如我曾认为分散投资就是最佳策略。
I've had similar experiences with, like, my experience with sort of like assuming diversification was the approach.
可以说在过去三四年里,我一直坚持'我要多元化发展'的理念。
Like I would say for the three, four years leading up to this year, I was always like, Oh, I'm going to be diversified.
我总想同时涉足30个不同领域,以为这样总会有几个能成功。
I'm going to have my hand in like 30 different buckets and that's how I'm going to make sure that you know one of them is going go well and things will go well.
后来几位导师用类似观点点醒了我。
And I've gotten pushed on that by several mentors who said something similar.
他们说'你好像总在折腾些无关紧要的小事,而不是专注真正在乎的那几件事'。
Know it's like it seems like you have your hand in a bunch of small stupid stuff that you don't really care about and rather than just leaning into the couple things you do care about.
这让我经历了整整一年痛苦的收缩期,退出了许多根本不该参与的项目。
And it led me to a fairly painful like one full year of like unwinding a bunch of things that I had my hand in that really made no sense.
这就像是,我为什么要参与这些事情?
It's like, why am I involved in these things?
以至于现在我高度集中在两到三件事上,但这两三件事是我真正关心的。
To the point where now I'm heavily concentrated in like two to three things, but there are two to three things that I really care about.
我觉得我现在的处境和你很相似。
And I feel like I'm at a similar place to you.
在这方面我受到了你的启发,让这些事情符合我自己的成功标准和定义,不需要感觉自己在玩别人的游戏,而且,忠于自己的定义确实感觉很好。
Like, I've been inspired by you on this regard of having those fit within my own parameters and definition of success, not needing to feel like I'm playing other people's game, and, you know, living true to your own definition does feel good.
我太喜欢这个了。
I love that.
我特别喜欢这一点。
I love that one.
这真的是一个非常非常有力量的观点。
This is a really this is a really powerful one.
好的。
Okay.
这就是蒂姆·费里斯的'Yes'法则。
So this is the Tim Ferriss Yes.
练习。
Exercise.
对。
Yeah.
所以先勾勒出恐惧是什么,然后假设你要采取行动,会有哪些不利因素和有利因素?
So sketch out what the fear is and then like if you would take an action, what were the downsides and what were the upsides?
通常你会发现,你高估了不利因素而低估了有利因素。
And, you know, typically it's like you've overestimated the downsides and underestimated the upside.
你现在做的实际上是在努力澄清这些有利因素,因为你的思维全程都在夸大不利因素。
So what you're doing here is you're really what you're really trying to do is clarify what these upsides were because your mind your mind overstates what the downsides were throughout.
这就是为什么感觉如此可怕。
That's why it feels so scary.
这可能就是你没有采取行动的原因。
That's probably why you didn't take action.
酷。
Cool.
所以我想我们还有两个问题。
So I think we have two more questions.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yep.
还有两个。
Two more.
第六个问题。
Question number six.
你最大的成功和最惨的失败是什么?
What were your greatest hits and worst misses?
而问题的第二部分是:为什么成功会成功,失败会失败?
And the secondary piece of this is why did the hits hit and why did the misses miss?
这一点至关重要,因为你天生的偏见会扭曲你对自己一年的看法和反思方式。
This is so important because your own natural bias skews how you view your year and the way that you reflect on your year.
许多雄心勃勃、表现优异的人往往对自己过于苛刻。
A lot of highly ambitious, high performing people are overly critical of themselves.
他们只会看到一大堆的失误。
They'll see a whole lot of the misses.
他们会盯着那些最终没完成的事项清单,却轻而易举地忽视了所有好的方面和已经达成的成就。
They'll see the to do list of stuff that they didn't get to at the end of the day and very easily and readily ignore all of the good, all the things that they hit on.
于是你回顾这一年时会说:'哦,我什么都没完成'。
So you'll look back at your year and say, oh, I didn't accomplish anything.
'我得真正开始行动了'。
I need to really get going.
'我还有很多事没做完'。
I haven't gotten a lot done.
或者,你知道的,那些盲目乐观的人只会看到好的方面,忽视那些没成功的事,结果就无法从失败中吸取教训改进自己。
Or the, you know, crazy optimist will only see the good and will ignore the things that didn't work out and as a result, not improve on the basis of those failures.
所以把这两方面都列出来,明确知道哪些是成功、哪些是失败以及原因,试图深入挖掘每个结果背后的原因,这是一个相当有力的练习。
So laying them both out and being really explicit about what those hits were and what the misses were and and why, trying to get underneath the why behind each side of that, is a pretty powerful exercise.
你能给我举个最成功的例子和最失败的例子吗?
Could you give me an example of a great greatest hit and worst miss?
可以。
Yeah.
在成功方面,我今年最大的成就是书籍发行的成功。
I mean, on the hit side, my biggest thing this year was the success of my book launch.
就像开头说的,我改变的一个认知是:某些成就有能力彻底改变你的人生。
I mean, I said it at the outset, but one thing I've changed my mind on is like certain achievements have the power to completely change your life.
对我来说,这件事确实彻底改变了我的生活。
That was one for me that did completely change my life.
从人生轨迹和转折点来看,它改变了我影响他人、触及受众的能力,能进入的圈子,以及接触到的人群。
Know, in terms of like the trajectory and the inflection point of my ability to impact and reach people, the rooms I'm able to be in, the people I'm around.
这是历时三年的追求,当我克服了对失败的恐惧后全身心投入,倾尽所有,最终它成功了,产生了共鸣。
It was a three year in the making pursuit that I fully leaned into once I got over the fear of it not working out, gave everything I had to it, and, and it hit and it clicked.
最让我自豪的是,我确实直面了恐惧并全力以赴。
And I was mostly really proud of the fact that I did confront the fear and lean into it.
当我说为什么这次成功会成功时,部分原因在于所有付出的努力。
And when I say why did the hit hit, part of it was all of the work that went into it.
另一部分原因就像是,它成功是因为别无选择。
And the other piece was just like, it hit because there was no other option.
我当时的心态就是,我没有留下任何遗憾。
I was just like, I didn't leave any single thing on the field.
那种感觉可能只有在我运动员时期才有过,就是真正把一切都奉献给某件事。
And that feeling is one that I haven't had since maybe my athletic days of, like, truly giving every single thing I had to something.
所以这对我来说是非常深刻的一课。
And so it was a pretty profound lesson for me.
这有点像问自己:你是否真的全力以赴了?
It's sort of like ask yourself, are you really all in?
比如对你的书而言,你确实是全力以赴了。
Like, for your book, for example, you were really all in.
我的意思是,多年来积累了很多原因
And, I mean, you had years of like, there's a lot of reasons why it was
一个
a
成功。
success.
但你知道,你真正全力以赴的事实,我认为是它成功的重要原因。
But, you know, the fact that you were really all in, I think, played a big role in why it worked.
是的。
Yeah.
‘全力以赴’这件事很讽刺,因为每个人都说自己全力以赴,但实际上并没有。
And it's the all in thing is so funny because everyone says they're all in, but then they're not.
就像,我会和很多人讨论书籍发布的事情。
You're like, you know, a lot of people I'll talk to about book launch stuff.
然后他们会说不想厚颜无耻地自我推销,或者不想发短信打扰别人。
I'm like, and then they'll say they don't want to like shamelessly self promote it or they don't want to like text people.
我就说,老兄,你花了三年时间做这件事。
I'm like, look dude, you just spent three years doing something.
如果你对自己创造的东西感到无比自豪,你应该很乐意和朋友分享它。
If you are insanely proud of the thing you created, you should be happy to talk to your friends about sharing it.
如果他们不愿意,那完全没关系。
And if they don't want to, that's totally fine.
又不是要强迫任何人做什么。
Like, it's not like you force anyone to do anything.
但如果你为自己付出的努力感到骄傲,并且知道它会对世界产生影响——如果你自己都不愿意厚着脸皮推广,凭什么指望别人愿意分享呢?
But if you're proud of the work that you put in and you know it's gonna be impactful for the world, if you're not willing to shamelessly self promote your thing, why should anyone else be willing just to share it?
我认为这就是关键所在——真正全力以赴是非常罕见的事,你不可能在五年内对五件不同的事都全力以赴。
And I think that that is I mean, that's the key insight here is like truly being all in is a very rare thing and you can't be all in on five different things over the course of five years.
人生中这样的重要使命没几个,你需要明智地选择该投身哪些。
Like you get a couple of these missions in your life and you pick and you choose really well and wisely about which ones they are.
百分百赞同。
A 100%.
所以精选集锦然后反思。
So greatest hits and then reflecting.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
顺便说一下,我们可以把这个PDF分享给大家,比如在节目说明里或者其他地方,这样如果有人想下载使用就可以找到。
And by the way, we can share this PDF out with people, like, in the show notes or whatever it might be so that folks have a place to download it if they wanna use it to go through.
是的。
Yeah.
它会出现在节目说明里。
It'll it'll be in the show notes.
最后
And lastly
最后一个问题。
The final question.
这样就把所有内容都串联起来了。
So this brings everything together.
要知道,这里的理念是退一步思考,回顾前六个问题、你写下的回答、所有的笔记,然后提炼出三到十条、五到十条本年度的核心收获。
You know, the idea here is to zoom out, think about the prior six questions, your responses that you've written down, all of the notes, and synthesize three to ten, five to 10 core learnings from the year.
我今年学到了什么?
What did I learn this year?
有哪些宏观层面的领悟,我将带着它们进入2026年乃至更远的未来?
What are the big picture learnings that I'm gonna carry with me into 2026 and beyond?
我很好奇你今年会总结出哪几条收获,我也很乐意分享我的几条心得。
I'm curious what your what your couple would be from this year, and I'm happy to share a couple too.
我今年学到了什么?
What did I learn this year?
我们不妨在笔记上实际写下几条吧。
Let's let's let's write a few out, actually, on on my notes.
因为我确实打算在之后——对,之后去做这件事。
Because I'm actually gonna go and do this after Yeah.
比如,在这期播客结束后。
Like, after this this podcast.
我打算自己回答所有这些问题。
I'm just gonna answer all this stuff for myself.
顺便说一句,我还可以把这些内容转化成创作素材,这很棒。
And by the way, I can also turn it into content, which is great.
你可以分享出去。
You can share it.
完全同意。
Totally.
是啊。
Yeah.
我今年学到了什么?
What did I learn this year?
今年有个小遗憾,我遇到了一位我十分看好的创业者。
One sort of miss that I had this year was I met an entrepreneur that that I believed in.
我真的、真的非常看好他。
I really, really believed in.
我认为他非常出色,而且我知道他前途无量。
I thought he he was exceptional, and I knew he was going places.
但他带来的生意我并不看好。
But he brought to me a business that I didn't believe in.
于是他说,嘿。
So he said, hey.
我正在做这个项目。
I'm working on this business.
我想和你合作。
I wanna work with you.
我想和你的机构LCA合作。
I wanna work with your agency, LCA.
但我们拒绝了他。
And we turned him down.
我们拒绝他是因为不喜欢那个生意。
And we turned him down because we didn't like the business.
你知道吗?
You know?
他还向我们提供了他公司的大量股权。
And he offered us significant equity in his business.
你猜怎么着,那家公司现在价值30亿美元。
Lo and behold, that business is a $3,000,000,000 business.
我们当时得到的报价,简单算算就知道,大约是30亿美元的1%。
And we got offer you know, call it just simple math, you know, 1% of of 3,000,000,000.
所以保守估计至少是...
So Which is a no to at at conservatively.
那是多少来着?
What is that?
3000万美元?
$30,000,000?
百万美元级别的。
Million bucks.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
保守估计。
Conservatively.
所以我估计我们拒绝的金额大概在3000万到6000万美元之间。
So I would say anywhere between 30 and $60,000,000 we said no to.
我内心有一部分在想,别太自责。
And part of me is like, well, don't feel bad.
要知道,你不可能什么都答应。
You know, you can't say yes to everything.
但最重要的是,我明白了我的直觉告诉我这位创始人有问题是有原因的。
But the thing the biggest thing I learned was there's a reason my gut was telling me there's something with this this founder.
你懂我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
仅仅因为业务不合适——其实我没讲完的是,他后来彻底转型了业务方向。
And just because the business wasn't right he so, basically, what what I didn't tell of the story is he pivoted the business.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
他跟我聊过。
So he spoke to me.
我不是说我在他转型中帮了什么忙,但就是碰巧在聊完后30到60天里他完成了转型,然后公司就一飞冲天了。
I'm not saying I helped him pivot the business at all, but, like, spoke to me and just, you know, by chance, thirty or sixty days later, pivoted the business, and then it's a rocket ship.
2025年增长最快的公司之一。
One of the fastest growing companies of 2025.
是啊。
Yeah.
这么说吧——关于初创企业投资,我绝不是这方面的专家。
It's like So I I I mean, if I have one reflection on startup investing, I'm by no means some savant at this.
我投资过大概100家公司,但说实话没什么系统性的方法论。
I I've probably invested in a 100 companies, but I have no like good frameworks.
我并没有自诩为投资高手。
I'm not I'm not proclaiming myself to be good.
但我确实有过几次幸运的押注。
But I have had a few lucky shots.
而这些幸运几乎完全归功于我只关注创始人而非商业点子。
And the lucky shots are almost entirely because all I focused on was the founder, not the idea.
说实话,当我聚焦在点子上时,十次里有十次都是错的。
Like when I focus on the idea, honestly, I think I'm wrong 10 out of 10 times.
我会想'哇这个点子太棒了'之类的。
I'm like, oh, but the, you know, this idea is so great, whatever.
因为最终成型的业务总会与最初构想大相径庭。
Because the business ends up being something different than whatever the original idea is.
所以我最好还是专注于寻找那种顶尖的创始人。
So I'm better off just focusing on, like, who is an absolute killer founder?
谁能成为人才磁石?
Who is gonna be a talent magnet?
要知道,谁能吸引到最优秀的人才。
Who want you know, who's gonna be able to the best quality people.
这些人最终会找到真正可行的创意。
Those people end up finding some idea that really works.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我认为2026年给我的教训是,找到三到五个你真正想合作的顶尖人才,然后想办法与他们共事。
So I think my my lesson for 2026 is, like, you know, find the three to five extremely talented people you want to work with them and just figure out how to work with them.
嗯。
Mhmm.
别太纠结于具体做什么,也别过分执着。
Like, don't worry about the the what, and don't get too super attached.
实际上,我之前对那个创意和他们的产品都过分执着了。
Basically, I got super attached to the idea, and I got super attached to their product.
当我仔细研究他们的产品时,我就意识到这行不通。
And when I when I went through their product, I was like, this isn't gonna work.
因此,我无法参与其中。
Therefore, I can't be involved in this.
我感觉最近读到过几篇类似的内容,讲人们正在这样做。
I feel like I feel like I've read a few things recently of, like, people doing this.
比如Josh Kushner在Thrive可能就是其中之一,他特别擅长与那些暂时没有具体项目但属于我想合作类型的人保持联系。
Like, I think, like, maybe Josh Kushner was one of them at Thrive who is like exceptional at just sort of like staying in touch with people that like aren't really building anything right now but it's sort of just in the vein of like someone that I want to work with.
我就是想花时间找到能与这个人合作的事情。
Like I just like I want to spend time I want to find things to work on with this person.
所以我打算在机会出现时保持在场,这样就能成为被考虑的人选之一。
So I'm just going to like hang around the hoop and be in the room when the thing happens so that I can be one of those calls.
我认为这同样适用于你想共同创业、投资或其他任何形式合作的人。
And I think it applies to people that you want to build things with or invest in or whatever that might be.
但我喜欢这个思路。
But I like that framing.
我非常喜欢这个说法。
I like that a lot.
挂在篮筐上。
Hanger on the hoop.
是啊。
Yeah.
'挂在篮筐上'是我在私募股权时期最喜欢的策略之一,就是你明明知道自己不会成为主要竞标方,但还是会参与竞标,就是为了保持在场,如果主要竞标方交易失败,你就能随时接盘。
Hanger on the hoop was one of my favorites from, like, private equity days of, like, you you'd put in a bid on a company knowing that you weren't gonna, like, be the lead bidder, but you just, like, hang around the hoop so that if it doesn't work out with the lead bidder, you're, like, standing there waiting for the rebound.
完全正确。
Totally.
这套理论大概也适用于婚恋市场吧。
Probably applies to applies to, applies to the dating market too.
这方面我可没发言权。
I definitely can't speak to that one.
但确实。
But Right.
酷。
Cool.
这就是你的年终总结。
So that's and that's that's your year end review.
这就是你的年终总结。
That is your year end review.
希望到最后,大家能有个好的参考框架,最好记下一些笔记,为接下来的行动做好准备,或者也许在我们讨论的过程中你已经开始了。
So I hope that by the end of that, people have a good frame of reference and ideally jotted down a bunch of notes to kind of arm you to go and do this or maybe you've started as we've been talking during this session.
但这真的会让你感觉从2025年中获得了前所未有的深刻见解。
But this is really going to leave you in a position where you're going to feel like you've drawn a level of insight out of your twenty twenty five that you're not used to.
而这种洞察的深度和丰富性,将助力你让2026年成为迄今为止最非凡的一年。
And that insight and that depth and the richness of that insight is what's gonna arm you to make 2026 your most extraordinary year yet.
我很喜欢。
I love it.
非常感谢你的分享。
Well, thank you for sharing it with us.
我会在节目说明中附上关注Sahil的链接,以及PDF版本供想要自己实践的人参考。
I'll include links where to follow Sahil, in the show notes as well as the PDF if you wanna do it yourself.
那么,下次见面前,你得继续当我们的框架专家。
And, until next time, we'll have to you know, we gotta you gotta be our, like, our frameworks guy.
知道吗?
You know?
框架专家。
Frameworks guy.
我喜欢这个称呼。
I like it.
是啊。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我认为这个节目已经变得非常战术性了。
I think, you know, what the show has become is very tactical.
嗯。
Mhmm.
战术固然重要,但有时你需要从四万英尺的高空审视自己的行动,问问自己:我是否航行在正确的方向上?
And tactics are great, but sometimes you have to kinda look at what you're doing from a 40,000 foot perspective and be like, am I sailing in the right direction?
正因如此,能邀请你来这里思考,确实非常重要。
And, you know, that's why, you know, having you come on here, think, is is really important.
所以我要感谢你。
And, so I wanna thank you.
其实我认为这期播客本身也是对我们刚刚经历的练习的一种元反思。
Well, I think this podcast is actually a meta reflection on the exercise we just went through too.
因为对我们双方而言,2021年或无论何时我们共同进行时,当时的版本对彼此都是一种能量消耗。
Because I think for both of us, like, our own reflections when we were doing it together back in 2021 or whenever that was, was like the version of it that we were doing was energy draining for both of us.
而我们能坦诚讨论这点并保持友谊,让你将其转向长期能为你创造能量的方向,也让我得以专注能为自己带来能量的事物。
And our ability to talk about that and still be friends and have you take it in the direction that created energy for you in the long run and have me to go off and work on things that create an energy for me.
这确实是个完美范例,你在此基础上取得的成功就是最好的证明。
It's really a perfect example and the success of what you've built with it is, is a testament to that fact.
我很感激。
I appreciate it.
好的,老兄。
Alright, man.
我已经等不及周四和你一起吃肉喝酒了。
Well, I can't wait to eat some meat and drink some wine with you on Thursday.
吃点肉。
Eating some meat.
期待那天。
Looking forward to it.
回头聊。
I'll catch you later.
再见。
See you.
再见。
See you.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。