本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
真相。
The truth.
这就是真相。
This is the truth.
我是乔纳森·米切尔,我们将在十二月暂停新的故事。
I'm Jonathan Mitchell, and we're taking a break from new stories in December.
我们的下一部作品将于1月15日上线。
Our next one arrives January 15.
我们对此非常期待,真迫不及待想让你们听到。
We're really excited about it, and I can't wait for you guys to hear it.
但在我们暂停期间,我们希望确保你们能听到一些新的内容。
But while we're taking this pause, we wanna make sure you have something new to hear.
因此,我们想与你们分享另一档你们可能会喜欢的播客。
And so we're sharing another podcast that we think you'll like.
它叫《与幽灵的对话》。
It's called Conversations with Ghosts.
它讲述的是失去、历史以及我们留下的东西。
It's about loss, history, and the things we leave behind.
故事围绕一座陵墓的看守展开,他试图说服墓地里的灵魂安息。
It follows a mausoleum attendant as he tries to convince the spirits of a cemetery to pass on.
他们每周三发布新一集,休息结束后,我们将播放我到目前为止最喜欢的几集。
They're releasing a new episode every Wednesday, and after the break, we're gonna listen to my favorite episodes so far.
但在开始之前,我想提醒大家,我们提供无广告的播放源,订阅无广告源是帮助我们制作更多故事的最简单方式之一。
But before we start, I wanna remind you that we have an ad free feed, and subscribing to the ad free feed is one of the simplest ways you can help us make more stories.
请前往 thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm。
So go to thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm.
节目说明中也有链接。
There's also a link in the show notes.
thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm。
Thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm.
现在为您呈现《与幽灵的对话》特别节目。
And now a special presentation of conversations with ghosts.
这个叫《棒球迷》。
This one's called baseball fan.
我叫马尔·弗莱明。
My name is Mal Fleming.
我在这里帮助你完成过渡。
I am here to assist in your passage.
你能记得你的名字和你去世时的情况吗?
Can you remember your name and the circumstances of your death?
梅拉·埃曼努埃尔。
Myra Emmanuel.
道奇队离开布鲁克林的那一刻,我就因心碎而死。
I died of a broken heart the moment the Dodgers left Brooklyn.
我还在理发店遭劫时被枪击了额头,但嘿,那时候我已经是个行尸走肉了。
I was also shot in the forehead when my barber shop was robbed, but, hey, I I was already a walking corpse by then.
我是从精神层面说的。
Spiritually, I mean.
啊。
Ah.
嗯。
Yeah.
我知道你试图让我离开或者超脱,不管你怎么称呼它,但我省你点时间吧。
I I know you're trying to get me to move out or pass on, however you wanna call it, but I'll save you some time.
我不会去任何明亮的光里。
I'm not going to any bright lights.
我不会穿过任何隧道,也不会打开任何门,不管它们是不是用黑曜石做的,直到道奇队回到布鲁克林。
I'm not going through any tunnels, not opening any doors, whether or not they're made of onyx, until the Dodgers come back to Brooklyn.
我不确定这什么时候会发生。
I'm I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon.
嘿。
Hey.
你能和幽灵交谈。
You can talk to ghosts.
如果你找到了拥有球队的那些有钱傻瓜,给他们传递来自他们父母的信息,说出只有他们才知道的事情,然后成为遗嘱的一部分,会怎么样?
What if you found the rich schmucks who owned the team and gave them a message from their parents, told them things only they would know, and then become part of the will?
那样当你拥有道奇队时,你就能把他们搬回布鲁克林。
Then when you own the Dodgers, you move them back to Brooklyn.
那这具体该怎么操作呢?
And how would that work exactly?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我们只是在随便想想而已。
We're just throwing ideas around.
动物比人类更能清楚地看到我们。
Animals can see us a bit clearer than folks.
对吧?
Right?
那么,如果你找到一个能离开格雷布里尔的幽灵,会怎么样?
Well, what if you found a ghost that could get out of Greybrier?
你去赛马场,吓唬一些马,这样就能赢赌注。
You go to a race track and you spook some of the horses so you win the bets.
你赚了钱,你知道的
You get money and, you know
我可以在赛马场赢到足够买下洛杉矶道奇队的钱。
And I'd win enough money to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers at the race track.
别这么叫他们。
Don't call them that.
嘿。
Hey.
你有别的更好的主意吗?
You got any better ideas?
即使我能够以某种方式利用我能与格雷布里永久居民交流这一事实——我要指出,这仅在格雷布里内部发生,而且即使在那里也极其有限——我也没有兴趣去利用它。
Even if I could somehow use the fact that I can talk to the permanent residents of Greybrier, which I will note only happens within Greybrier itself and is extremely limited even then, I have no desire to exploit it.
如果你能证明幽灵真实存在,你很可能赚到足够买下道奇队的钱。
You could probably make enough money to buy the Dodges if you proved ghosts were real.
只是说说而已。
Just saying.
这会引起麻烦。
That would cause complications.
卡德威尔在他的笔记中明确指出了这一点,我同意他的看法。
Caldwell made that very clear in his notes, and I agree with him.
总而言之,所有这些——死后生命存在的确证、购买一家价值数十亿美元的体育球队——都只是为了一个灵魂能够传递信息。
And to sum it all up, all of this, the proven existence of life after death, the purchase of a multibillion dollar sports franchise would be for one spirit to pass on.
我只是给你提供一些选择。
I'm just giving you options.
我乐意待在这里。
I'm okay staying here.
我可以听棒球比赛。
I get to listen to baseball games.
我可以和其他幽灵聊天。
I get to talk to the other ghosts.
没人需要理发。
Nobody needs a haircut.
嗯,除了你。
Well, aside from you.
我觉得我不需要理发。
I don't think I need a haircut.
谁给你理发?
Who cuts your hair?
我自己剪的。
I cut it myself.
疫情期间,我买了一个理发工具包。
During the pandemic, I bought a hair trimming kit.
这样便宜多了,而且我从来不太在意发型,所以再也没去过理发店。
It's much cheaper, and I never really cared that much how my hair looks, so haven't been back to a barber ever since.
首先,我能看出来你的头发不是专业人士剪的。
First off, I can tell your hair wasn't done by a professional.
完全不均匀。
It's completely uneven.
你的发型能反映很多关于你的信息,不管你是否在意自己给他人留下的印象。
Your hair says a lot about you, whether you care about the impression you're making or not.
如果你对弗拉特布什的每个人都说:‘我不在乎我看起来什么样’,这很重要。
It matters if you say to everyone in Flatbush, Hey, I don't care what I like.
你看我。
You see me.
这很无礼。
It's rude.
至少在我还活着的时候是这样的。
At least that's how it was back when I was alive.
事情已经变了。
Things have changed.
我明白。
I get that.
我只是说一下。
I'm just saying.
其次,理发店不仅仅是剪头发的地方。
Second, a barber shop isn't just about the haircuts.
这是一个你聊天、获取建议、倾听、谈论邻里和谁在招工的地方。
It's a place where you catch up, you get advice, you listen, you talk about the neighborhood, who's hiring.
你还会聊棒球。
You talk about baseball.
你喜欢棒球吗,孩子?
You like baseball, kid?
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
我喜欢。
I do.
我喜欢棒球。
I like baseball.
巴鲁克·哈谢姆。
Baruch Hashem.
卡德韦尔是个篮球迷。
Caldwell was a basketball guy.
打篮球很有趣。
Fun sport to play.
我明白。
I get it.
至少他不是个橄榄球迷。
At least he wasn't a football guy.
篮球节奏太快了。
Basketball just moves too fast.
棒球给你聊天的空间。
Baseball gives you room to talk.
让我们看看激情如何升温。
Let's see excitement build.
你现在有球队了吗?
You got a team now?
大都会队。
The Mets.
他们让我失望了。
They stood me alight.
你知道他们再也不会赢了。
You know they're never gonna win again.
我不会这么说。
I wouldn't say that.
去年我们已经很接近了。
We got pretty close last year.
如果你看看高级数据,翁索塔的选球能力在整个联盟中都是无与伦比的
And if you look at the advanced stats, Wonsota's plate discipline is unmatched in the entire
作为幽灵,给他们施个诅咒。
put a curse on them as a ghost.
他们试图在人们心中取代道奇队,而道奇队曾经是布鲁克林的球队。
They're trying to replace the Dodgers in people's hearts, and the Dodgers were Brooklyn's team.
大都会队,他们住在皇后区。
The Mets, they play in Queens.
拜托。
Come on.
这就是他们永远不会赢的原因。
That's why they'll never win.
玛拉·埃曼努尔的诅咒。
Curse of Myra Emanuel.
我的意思是,他们确实赢过。
I mean, they did win.
1986年和1969年,虽然那时我还没出生,但毕竟赢过。
1986 and 1969, before I was born, but still
即使是最优秀的击球手,也只有三分之一的时间能上垒。
Even the best hitter only gets on base a third of the time.
这里有没有幽灵真的能诅咒人?
Are any of the ghosts here able to actually curse people?
我最好的本事就是用幽灵天线收听棒球比赛的广播。
Best I can do is get baseball games on the radio, ghostly antenna.
我想说,我希望这不可能实现,但我已经对这里幽灵能做的事情感到惊讶,而且每个常驻居民的能力差异很大。
I I would say that I hope that it isn't possible, but I have been surprised by what spirits here can do and how much it varies between each permanent resident.
哦,抱歉。
Oh, sorry.
我不懂希伯来语。
I I don't know Hebrew.
意第绪语。
Yiddish.
我也不懂。
And neither do I.
从我父母那里学了几个短语。
Just picked up a couple of phrases from my parents.
生在布鲁克林,几乎从未离开过。
Born in Brooklyn, pretty much never left.
除了美式英语,我不会其他语言。
Don't know any language except American.
还有为我的成年礼学的一点希伯来语。
And a little Hebrew for my bar mitzvah.
你愿意聊聊除了道奇队之外的你的生活吗?
Would you like to talk about your life at all aside from the dodgers?
嘿。
Hey.
我知道你想干什么,梅尔。
I know what you're trying to do, Mel.
我随时都愿意聊聊。
I'm always ready to talk.
当理发师就是这样的一部分。
That's part of being a barber.
有些顾客就是想滔滔不绝地聊他们脑子里想到的任何事。
Some customers just wanna go on and on about whatever comes into their head.
有些人则只想听你说点什么。
Some of them just wanna listen to what you have to say.
你是第二种类型。
You're the second type.
我能看出来。
I can tell.
我随时都愿意聊,但除非道奇队搬回布鲁克林,否则我不会走。
I'm always ready to talk, but I'm not passing on until the Dodgers move back to Brooklyn.
明白。
Understood.
如果你愿意,我们也可以聊聊棒球。
We can also talk baseball, if you'd like.
你经常去比赛,但那已经不是谢亚球场了。
You go to many games at It's not Shea anymore.
那是
It's
大都会球场。
Citi Field.
这有点不对劲。
Something wrong about that.
一个以银行命名的棒球场。
Ballpark named after a bank.
可惜我只去过几次。
I've only been a few times, unfortunately.
门票太贵了。
Tickets are expensive.
我猜票价不再是85美分了。
Guessing they aren't a buck 85 anymore.
它们不是了。
They are not.
别担心。
Don't worry.
我知道事情已经变了,但埃贝茨球场就是这样的,你知道吗?
I I know things have changed, but that was the thing about Ebbetsfield, you know?
它很小,入场费也很便宜,尤其是因为 neighborhood 的孩子们常常偷偷溜进去。
It was small, it was cheap to get into, especially since the neighborhood kids would just sneak in.
我不是说我自己这么做过,但球场就在社区里。
Not saying I did that, but and it was in the neighborhood.
你可以从弗拉特布什步行过去。
You could walk there from Flatbush.
有时伊娃和露丝放学后,我就带她们去那里。
Sometimes Eva and Ruth would get out of school, and I'd just take them there.
我们吃了热狗,还让她们答应不告诉妈妈。
We did hot dogs, made them promise not to tell their mom.
你听说过嚎叫的希尔达或者道奇队的交响乐吗?
You heard of Howlin' Hilda or the Dodgers' symphony?
有点印象?
Vaguely?
嚎叫的希尔达。
Howlin' Hilda.
她就是一个普通的道奇队球迷,你知道的?
She was just a regular Dodger fan, you know?
但她特别吵。
But she was loud.
你在展望公园都能听到她有多吵。
You could hear her in Pros Pect Park how loud she was.
她还会带一个牛铃。
And she'd bring this cowbell.
我跟你说,你肯定没法把牛铃带进大都会球场。
I don't think you'd be able to bring a cowbell to Citi Field, let me tell you.
她会敲打牛铃,催促那些家伙们振作起来,对对方球队大喊大叫——一旦开始敲牛铃,她就会变得特别激动。
And she'd bang on the cowbell, telling them bums to get their act together, telling the other team to well, she could get a little worked up when she started banging her cowbell.
伊娃曾经在餐桌上重复了一些粗话,去看道奇队比赛是一种文化体验。
Eva once repeated some choice words at the dinner table, and going to a Dodgers game is a cultural experience.
这就像布鲁克林博物馆,只不过展示的是当下,而不是过去。
It's like the Brooklyn Museum, but for the present instead of the past.
至于道奇交响乐团嘛,他们算得上是一个乐队,如果你能称之为乐队的话。
And the Dodgers Symphony, well, they were a band, if you could call them that.
就是一群根本不会演奏乐器的人在瞎弄。
Just a bunch of people playing instruments that they had no idea how to play.
交响乐。
Symphony.
重点在‘假’字上。
Emphasis on phony.
明白了吗?
You get it?
雷德·巴伯给它们起了这个名字。
Red Barber named them that.
道奇队最精彩的部分之一就是解说员。
One of the best parts of the Dodgers were the announcers.
我们有最好的。
We had the best.
雷德·巴伯和文·斯库利。
Red Barber, Vin Scully.
道奇队辜负了布鲁克林,但别怪文。
The Dodgers betrayed Brooklyn, but don't blame Vin.
他是你能指望的最好的人。
He was the best you could ask for.
在唐·德莱斯代尔不得不担任解说之后,他依然是你所能期待的最好的人。
After what happened with Don Drysdale when he had to announce, he was the best you could ask for.
棒球在收音机里听更好。
And baseball's better on the radio.
我们总会在店里收听比赛。
We'd always tune into the game at the shop.
大家都会聊个不停,但只要一有道奇队的比赛,就全都安静了。
Everyone would talk and talk and talk, except when there was a Dodgers game on.
有时候,我通过收音机听到二杀或本垒打,就能发誓自己仿佛能听到埃贝茨球场的欢呼声。
Sometimes I'd hear about a double play or a home run on the radio, and I could swear I could make out the cheering all the way in Ebbets Field.
这很特别,你知道吗?
It was special, you know?
你在大都会球场不会有这样的体验,对吧?
You don't have stuff like that at Citi Field, do you?
我想不会吧。
I suppose not.
是啊。
Yeah.
我不是想取笑你。
I'm not trying to bust your chops.
你小时候就接触棒球了吗?
You get into baseball when you were a kid?
偷偷溜进球场,在街上自己玩棒球吗?
Sneak into ballparks, play your own games in the street?
哦,没有。
Oh, no.
我更感兴趣的是这项运动的历史,以及统计数据如何讲述这段历史,比如如何将克莱顿·克肖与早在克里斯蒂·马修森时代的桑迪·科法克斯相比较。
I I was much more interested in, well, the history of the game and how the statistics sort of told that history, how you could compare someone like Clayton Kershaw to Sandy Kofax all the way back to Christy Mathewson.
其他运动可没法这么做。
There aren't other games you can do that with.
真的不行。
Not not really.
嗯。
Yeah.
我想店里一半的对话都是在讨论谁是最棒的球员、最好的防守捕手之类的。
I guess half the conversations in the shop were about who the best player was, who the best defensive catcher, or what have you.
罗伊·坎帕内拉,如果你刚才在问的话。
Roy Campanella, in case you were asking.
在问。
Asking.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,我实际上玩一款叫《出局之外》的棒球游戏,游戏中你扮演球队的总经理。
Plus, I I actually play this video game called out of the park baseball, where you play as the general manager of a team.
你可以签约球员,建立球探系统。
You can sign players, create a scouting system.
我不得不给自己设定时间限制,否则我会在球队重建上浪费好几天。
I have to actually set limits on the amount of time I spend on it, or I will absolutely lose days on a team rebuild.
这个游戏实在太深入了。
It's just so in-depth.
抱歉。
Sorry.
这与那无关
That was not related to the
没关系。
It's alright.
但梦想成为总经理,而不是梦想击出本垒打或完成双杀,这难道不奇怪吗?
But there's something wrong about dreaming of being a general manager instead of dreaming of hitting a home run or making a double play, you know?
我小时候甚至在想象中也不是特别有运动天赋。
I I was never a particularly athletic child, even in my imagination.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我不想成为那种总在抱怨现在的孩子不对劲的老人。
I I don't wanna be one of those old guys who's always ranting about how the the kids these days aren't right.
我爸爸就是那样的人。
My dad was one of them.
我的岳父也是。
My father-in-law.
全家人都这样。
Whole side of the family like that.
不喜欢棒球,不喜欢我抚养埃娃和露丝的方式,也不喜欢我埋在这里。
Didn't like baseball, didn't like how I was raising Eva and Ruth, didn't like, you know, that I'm buried here.
我能想象。
I can imagine
那并不是我在抱怨。
that was Not that I'm complaining.
赫舍尔给了我一些钱来开理发店。
Herschel gave me some of the money to start the barbershop.
有了这笔钱和退伍军人贷款,我很快就还清了他。
With that and the GI loan, it was I paid him back quick, though.
理发店生意不错,但他总提醒我,当然我不是在抱怨。
The barbershop did well, but he'd always remind me, not that I'm complaining.
当然不是。
Of course not.
我不是在抱怨。
I'm not complaining.
那是一段美好的人生。
It was a good life.
最糟糕的事情就是道奇队离开了布鲁克林。
Worst thing that happened was the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn.
是啊。
Yeah.
我被一个愚蠢的小孩开枪打中了。
I got shot by some idiot kid.
战争。
The war.
那并不美好。
Wasn't pretty.
从那以后,我从未与上帝和解。
Never made my peace with God after that.
我和我妻子年轻时就结婚了,但这就是生活。
My wife and I, we married young, but that's just life.
对吧?
Right?
道奇队发生了什么事,那就不一样了。
What happened to the Dodgers, that's different.
他们不会搬走一支球队。
They don't move a team.
这会撕裂城市的灵魂。
Rips out the heart of the city.
我调查过你的死因。
I did research your death.
他们找到了
They found
这不重要。
Doesn't matter.
你管它无关紧要。
Are you Doesn't matter.
嗯。
Yeah.
这可能是更大故事的一部分,但对我来说无关紧要。
It was probably part of a bigger story, but it doesn't matter to me.
对我爱过、依然爱着的人们来说,也无关紧要。
Doesn't matter to the people I loved, still love.
所以无关紧要。
So doesn't matter.
这并不是让我留在这儿的原因。
It's not what's keeping me here.
那是
That's
道奇队搬到了洛杉矶。
The Dodgers moved to Los Angeles.
明白了,孩子。
You got it, kid.
我觉得有趣的是,这比你死亡的 circumstances 或你与上帝关系的变化更让你纠结。
I find it interesting that that's more of a sticking point than the circumstances of your death or your changing relationship to god.
我无法改变我的死亡。
Can't change my death.
而且,嘿,我在战争中看到了一些东西。
And, hey, saw some stuff in the war.
我问过上帝这件事,但没有得到回应。
Asked god about it, got no response.
现在我不用去犹太教堂了,不用遵守犹太饮食规条,也绝对不需要埋在你们的墓地里。
Now I don't need to go to synagogue, don't need to keep kosher, and definitely don't need to be buried in your cemetery.
格雷布赖尔是无教派的。
Well, Graybrier's nondenominational.
那你见过我家族里还有其他人埋在这里吗?
So You see anyone else from my family buried here?
他们没能从遗嘱中分到财产,一定气坏了。
Must have been pissed when they couldn't get out of the will.
是的。
Yes.
所以这比道奇队是否……感觉更重要一些
So that feels slightly more important than whether the Dodgers
你是棒球迷啊。
You're a baseball fan.
你不懂吗?
Don't you get it?
棒球远不止是棒球。
Baseball's more than just baseball.
1955年世界大赛的第三场。
Game three of the fifty five World Series.
我弄到了三张票,给我、伊娃和露丝。
I was able to get tickets for me, Eva, and Ruth.
埃贝茨球场那天,感觉整个布鲁克林区的人都在那里,你知道吗?
And Ebbets Field was it felt like the entire borough of Brooklyn was there, you know?
伊娃和露丝兴奋得不得了。
And Eva and Ruth, they were giddy.
对吧?
Right?
尽管洋基队已经赢了前两场比赛,她们还是坐立不安。
They couldn't sit still even though the Yankees had won the first two games.
尽管洋基队总是击败道奇队,但那时候洋基队简直不可战胜。
And even though the Yankees always beat the Dodgers, the Yanks were untouchable back then.
我心里暗想,我把伊娃和露丝带到这里来,到底是为了什么?
And in the back of my head, I was thinking, what have I got Eve and Ruth into?
道奇队肯定会输,她们的心会碎,这一切都会归咎于我。
The Dodgers are gonna lose, and their hearts are gonna break, and that'll be on me.
伊斯特告诉我别带她们去看比赛,别教她们怎么记分,尽管这能教会她们数学。
Esther told me not to take them to the games, not to show them how to keep score, even though it taught them math.
这可不是淑女该追的运动,但他们就是爱。
It wasn't something for nice girls to be fans of, but they loved it.
他们爱得甚至比我还要深。
They loved it even more than I did.
但当罗伊·坎帕内拉在第一局下半两人出局时击出一支两分本垒打,伊娃和露丝彻底疯了。
But then Roy Campanella hit a two run homer with two outs in the bottom of the first, and Eva and Ruth go crazy.
她们的尖叫声比霍兰德·希尔达还响,我立刻意识到道奇队不会赢得总冠军了。
They screamed louder than Howland Hilda, and I just knew the Dodgers weren't gonna win it all.
到了第七场比赛,我们围在收音机旁,听着埃利击出内野滚地球被B接杀。
And on game seven, we gathered around the radio, and we all listened as Ellie grounded out to B.
韦·里斯,道奇队赢得了系列赛。
Wee Reese, and the Dodgers won the series.
伊娃和露丝又跳又叫,但没人叫她们安静,因为整个布鲁克林都在做同样的事。
Eva and Ruth were jumping around and yelling, but no one told him to keep it down because all of Brooklyn was doing the same thing.
连伊斯特也露出了微笑。
Even Esther was smiling.
他们第一次赢得世界大赛。
First time they won the World Series.
也是最后一次。
Last time too.
真美好。
That's lovely.
是啊。
Yeah.
确实如此。
It was.
道奇队对布鲁克林来说很重要。
And it's the Dodgers were important to Brooklyn.
你知道这一点。
You know about that.
对吧?
Right?
每个人都谈论杰基·罗宾逊,但那是因为他对国家很重要,没错,但对这座城市也同样重要。
Everyone talks about Jackie Robinson, but that's because he was important for the country, yeah, but for the city.
道奇队做到了这一点。
The Dodgers did that.
而且我们感觉我们也做到了。
And it felt like we did that too.
看到所有人都在那里为他加油,这真的很特别。
Seeing everybody out there rooting for him, that was special.
人们忘记了他本身也是一位伟大的球员。
And people forget that he was also just a great ballplayer.
他打球时充满愤怒,我能理解他为何如此愤怒,也明白为什么人们很少谈论他的球技,毕竟他远不止是一位球员。
He played angry, I mean, get why he played angry, and why people don't talk about his ballplaying, considering that he was more than just a ballplayer.
但他真是位了不起的球员。
But what a ballplayer.
我见过的最棒的跑垒手,也是一位不可思议的二垒手。
Best base runner I ever saw, and an incredible second baseman.
他能把一记击球变成双杀。
He could turn one out into a double play.
桑迪在洛杉矶发挥出了最佳状态,但我曾在布鲁克林见过他,那时他还在寻找控球感觉。
And Sandy did his best work in LA, but I got to see him in Brooklyn when he was still finding his control.
想象一下,如果他在布鲁克林就能做到他后来所做到的一切。
Imagine if he could have done what he did in Brooklyn.
这座城市本不该允许沃尔特·奥马利做出那样的事。
The city would have you shouldn't be allowed to do what Walter O'Malley did.
本该有一项法律来阻止他。
There should have been a law.
道奇队并不属于他。
The Dodgers didn't belong to him.
这支球队属于这座城市。
The team belonged to this city.
抱歉。
Sorry.
这会让我在理发店被笑赶出去。
This would have gotten me laughed out of the barbershop.
太肉麻了。
Too sappy.
但没错,布鲁克林道奇队,真是非同凡响。
But, yeah, the Brooklyn Dodgers, they were something.
我认为道奇队不会搬回布鲁克林。
I the Dodgers aren't moving back to Brooklyn.
嘿。
Hey.
给它足够的时间。
Give it enough time.
也许
Maybe
埃马纽埃尔先生。
Mister Emmanuel.
嗯。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
但是,嘿。
But, hey.
但在那之前,我只能听棒球比赛。
Until that happens, I can just listen to baseball games.
大谷翔平正在做一些我出生前都没人做到过的事情。
Shohei Ohtani is doing things nobody's done since before I was alive.
他可能是洛杉矶的。
He may be a Los Angeles.
埃马纽埃尔先生?
Mister Emanuel?
卡德韦尔说,我留下没关系。
Caldwell said it was fine if I stayed.
让我想待多久就待多久。
Told me to take all the time I needed.
我不知道这是否健康。
I wonder how healthy that is.
你觉得人死后去天堂了,还有棒球吗?
You think they have baseball once you go towards the light?
因为地狱里肯定没有棒球。
Because they definitely don't in hell.
哦,也许那里有。
Oh, maybe they do.
也许只有大都会队有。
Maybe it's just the Mets.
我和卡爾德威爾聊的只有棒球。
I didn't talk to Caldwell about anything other than baseball.
他完全相信了我。
He just took me at my word.
我非得说出来吗?
Do I have to say it?
我觉得你已经知道了。
I think you already know.
你把它说出来可能会有帮助。
It might be helpful for you to say it.
他们去看过我的坟墓,你知道吗?
They visited my grave, you know?
跟我讲了他们的生活,他们在做什么。
Told me about their lives, what they were doing.
伊娃成了医生,露丝成了体育记者。
Eva became a doctor, and Ruth became a sports writer.
我知道我应该更为成为医生的女儿感到骄傲,但露丝有机会采访了罗伊·坎帕内拉。
I know I should be more proud of the daughter that becomes a doctor, but Ruth got to interview Roy Campanella.
所以她们都成为了如此了不起的女性。
So they both became such incredible women.
展开剩余字幕(还有 57 条)
几年前他们就不来探望了。
They stopped visiting a few years ago.
我知道他们不会埋在我附近。
They weren't gonna be buried near me, I know that.
但如果我穿过隧道,而埃娃和露丝都不在那儿,该怎么办?
But what happens if I go through the tunnel and Eva and Ruth aren't there?
我无法给你答案,埃曼纽尔先生。
I can't give you an answer, mister Emmanuel.
感觉你应该知道会发生什么。
Feels like you should know what happens.
如果我知道,我一定会告诉你的。
If I did, I would tell you.
我能告诉你的就是,听肖hei大谷和胡安·索托的比赛真的让我觉得大都会队明年可能会赢。
What I can tell you is that as great as listening to Shohei Ohtani and Juan So to and I really do think the Mets might win next year.
是我诅咒了他们。
It's I cursed them.
记得吗?
Remember?
他们明年不会赢的。
They're not gonna win next year.
你其实没有诅咒他们,这是一种幽灵诅咒。
You didn't actually It's a ghost curse.
还有什么能解释这个呢?
What else explains it?
我知道你并没有真的诅咒他们,但如果他们输了而你又没有撤销诅咒,我会怪自己。
I know you didn't actually curse them, but if they lose and you didn't retract the curse, I'm going to blame myself.
所以
So
明白了。
Understood.
诅咒撤销了。
Curse retracted.
谢谢。
Thank you.
虽然听棒球比赛非常美妙,但如果你离世了,而你的女儿们还在,你会后悔每一分钟没有和露丝与伊娃共度的时光。
As wonderful as it is to listen to baseball, if you pass on and your daughters are there, you're going to regret every minute that you could have spent with Ruth and Eva.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,还有其他灵体告诉过你,他们害怕,他们知道该做什么、应该做什么,但他们很害怕。
I mean, any other spirit tell you they're scared, that they know what they have to do, what they're supposed to do, but they're scared.
你在这里有一点安慰,但你不愿意为了未知而放弃它。
You have a little bit of comfort here, but you don't want to give it up for the unknown.
我能从一些灵体身上感受到这种情绪。
I get that sense from some spirits.
是的。
Yes.
而且有些灵体在这里很快乐。
And and some of them are happy here.
他们中的一些人仍然需要解决一些事情,但你说得对。
Some of them still need to resolve things, but you're right.
因为害怕,人们很容易变得安于现状,不去做那些你知道自己该做的事,我想是这样。
It's easy to get comfortable to not do something you know you need to do because it scares you in life too, I guess.
最糟糕的球队类型,就是一支平庸的球队。
It's it's like how the worst type of team to be is a mediocre one.
如果你在争冠,那你就是在争冠。
If you're contending, well, then you're contending.
如果你在积分榜垫底,那你就正在重建。
And if you're at the bottom of the standings, you're rebuilding.
你正在获得选秀权,培养新秀,为签下自由球员节省资金。
You're getting draft picks, getting prospects, saving money for a free agent signing.
但如果你只是处于中间位置,每年都在季后赛第一轮出局,那你就会陷入困境。
But if you don't but if you're just in the middle of the road, losing the first round of the playoffs every year, you're stuck.
你甚至没有未来几年有望冲击世界大赛的希望。
You don't even have the prospect of a world series a few years down the line to look forward to.
很容易变得安逸。
Easy to get comfortable.
胡说。
Pish.
这听起来像是某位总经理的胡言乱语。
That sounds like some general manager dreck.
抱歉。
Sorry.
但我看得出来。
But I see it.
我看得出来。
I I see it.
我们看法一致。
We're we're in agreement.
我本可以举些真正的球员例子,但我知道你的意思。
I would have brought up some actual ball players, but I know what you mean.
我想我该上场了。
I I guess I'm going up to the plate.
听起来谢谢。
That sounds thank you.
不过听我说。
Listen, though.
如果我听说道奇队真的搬回布鲁克林,我会缠着你的。
If I hear that the Dodgers actually move back to Brooklyn, I'm gonna haunt you.
明白了吗?
Understood?
明白了。
Understood.
好的。
Okay.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
迈耶·埃马纽埃尔。
Meyer Emanuel.
通道已完成。
Passage completed.
希望您喜欢本期《与幽灵的对话》。
We hope you enjoyed this episode of Conversations with Ghosts.
要收听更多内容,请在您获取播客的平台订阅《与幽灵的对话》。
To hear more, subscribe to Conversations with Ghosts wherever you get your podcasts.
《真相》将于1月15日回归,带来全新故事。
And The Truth will be back with all new stories on January 15.
我们对正在制作的内容感到兴奋,迫不及待想让您听到。
We're excited about what we're working on, and we can't wait for you to hear it.
在此期间,如果您想支持我们,我们提供无广告的播客版本。
Until then, if you'd like to support us, we have an ad free feed.
请访问 thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm。
Go to thetruthpodcast.supportingcast.fm.
我是乔纳森·米切尔,您刚才听到的是真相。
I'm Jonathan Mitchell, and you have been hearing the truth.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。