本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这个男人是我们国家最伟大的领袖之一。
This man is one of the greatest leaders in our country.
不。
No.
我没有缩小。
I didn't shrink.
这是魔术师约翰逊。
This is Magic Johnson.
这是魔术师约翰逊先生,这位男士在生活的各个层面——在爱上帝、在领导力以及所有方面——都是冠军、赢家。
This is mister Magic Johnson, and this man is a champion, a winner at every level in life, in love of God, in leadership, and all of it.
我无法再感到更兴奋和荣幸了。
I cannot be more thrilled and honored.
在肖恩·卡利根盲人播客中与魔术师约翰逊的这一刻是一个非凡的时刻。
This moment on the Sean Caligan Blinded Podcast with Magic Johnson was a remarkable moment.
你一定要看完整个内容。
You gotta watch this entire thing.
先生,有什么最后的寄语吗?
Any final message, sir?
没有。
No.
首先,上帝太美好了。
First, God is so good.
感谢你们为这里所有人所做的一切,帮助你们成长,帮助你们明白你们可以将自己的生活、事业提升到一个全新的层次。
Thank you for what you're doing for everybody out here to help you grow, to help you understand that you can take your life, your business to a whole another level.
请继续祷告,求上帝帮助你们。
Please continue to pray and ask god to help you out.
愿上帝祝福我们所有人,继续取得成功。
May God bless all of us and continue success.
这位先生是我们国家最伟大的领袖之一。
And this man is one of the greatest leaders in our country.
上帝保佑大家。
God bless everybody.
谢谢。
Thank you.
赢拉里·伯德三局中赢两局。
Beat Larry Bird two out of three.
没错。
That's right.
赢拉里·伯德三局中赢两局。
Beat Larry Bird two out of three.
没错,拉里。
That's right, Larry.
你们所有人
You all
对着镜头摆姿势。
strike the camera.
没错,鸟人。
That's right, Birdman.
如果你想成功,你就得相信自己能够成功,相信自己能做到。
If you want to be successful, then you gotta think that you can be successful and that you can do it.
让我告诉你一个几乎没人知道的故事,我可能也是第一次听到这个。
Well, let me tell you this story that very few people even know, so I'm probably seeing this for the first time.
这太棒了。
So this is great.
欢迎来到肖恩·凯利的《无遮蔽》播客,今天我们有一位非凡的嘉宾。在《无遮蔽》播客中,我们帮助人们通过提升财务丰盛、时间自由、生活自在、神奇体验以及在正直、成长与可能性的空间中产生影响力,来看见他们原本看不见的东西。
So here we are with another spectacular guest on the Sean Kelly, Unblinded Podcast, where we, on the Unblinded Podcast, are helping people see what they don't see by how they grow their financial abundance, time, freedom, magic, and impact in a space of integrity, growth, and possibility.
让我们介绍一下我们的嘉宾——汉克。
And let's introduce our guest, Hank.
今天,在肖恩·卡吉的《无遮蔽》播客中,我们欢迎一位传奇人物、一位远见卓识者、一位艺术家、一位大师,他的一生是一曲胜利与蜕变的交响乐。
Today on the Sean Calgee unblinded podcast, we welcome a living legend, a visionary, an artist, a master whose life is a symphony of triumph and transformation.
他是穿透局限迷雾的晨曦,以无法被束缚的光芒照亮了球场与社区。
He's the sunrise that broke through the fog of limitation, illuminating courts and communities with a brilliance that could not be contained.
当别人看到界限时,他看到的却是空白画布,将木地板变成舞台,让希望翱翔,每一条道路都成为可能性的笔触。
Where others saw boundaries, he saw blank canvases, turning hardwood into a stage where hope soared, and every path became a brushstroke of possibility.
他的旅程是一部来自密歇根州兰辛的年轻梦想家的史诗,他不仅以跳跃改写了重力法则,更以精神将球队、城市和人心提升至人们曾以为遥不可及的高度。
His journey is the epic tale of a young dreamer from Lansing, Michigan, who rewrote the laws of gravity, not just with his leap, but with his spirit, lifting teams, cities, and hearts to heights one thought unreachable.
在逆境的熔炉中,他化身为炼金术士,将挑战转化为黄金,将挫折变为逆转,将沉默化为千万人的呐喊。
In the crucible of adversity, he became the alchemist, transmuting challenge into gold, setbacks into comebacks, and silence into the roar of millions.
在球场之外,他是新世界的建筑师,在曾经矗立着高墙的地方架起桥梁,在他人只见岩石的土地上播下机遇的种子。
Off the court, he is the architect of new worlds, building bridges where walls once stood, planting seeds of opportunity in fields where others saw only stone.
他的遗产不仅体现在奖杯和奖牌上,更体现在他所触动的无数生命中,每一个生命都因他的光芒而闪耀得更加明亮。
His legacy is not just measured in banners or metals, but in the constellation of lives he is touched, each one a star shining brighter because of his light.
今天,我们致敬的不仅是传奇,更是那股提醒我们:真正的伟大不在于你取得了什么,而在于你唤醒了他人什么的力量。
Today, we honor not just the legend, but the force of nature who reminds us that true greatness is not what we achieve, but what we awaken in others.
让我们欢迎来到Sean Caligan Unblinded Podcast的魔术师约翰逊。
Let's welcome to the Sean Caligan Blinded Podcast Magic Johnson.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢,先生。
Thank you, sir.
非常感谢您来到这里。
Thank you so much for being here.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢您刚才的介绍。
So And thank you for that intro.
哇。
Wow.
迈克·泰森和魔术师约翰逊对介绍都说‘哇’。
Mike Tyson and Magic Johnson say wow for intros.
接连不断。
Back to back.
哇。
Wow.
听好了。
Listen.
我们两场都成功了。
We're two for two.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
谢谢你的介绍。
Thank you for that.
而且我们每一句话都是真心的。
And and we mean every word, though.
这并不是通过人工智能生成的。
And that wasn't created through AI.
这是出于真诚的意图和用心,为今天能有你们在这里感到荣幸和感恩。
That was created with intentionality and heart for the honor and privilege of having you here today.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你代表了太多东西。
You stand for so many things.
你是一位独特而卓越的冠军、传奇人物,充满影响力。
Such a unique champion, legend, master person of impact.
为了轻松一下,你希望世界更多了解的、但人们很少听到的关于你的事情是什么?
What would you say is something, though, just for a little fun energy to start with, that a lot of people don't hear from you that you wish the world knew more about about you?
我可能会说,我是个情感丰富的人,你知道的,我会因为电影和触动我内心的事情而流泪。
I would probably say I'm emotional, you know, and, you know, cry at movies and things that really touched my heart.
人们真的不了解我这一点。
People really don't know that about me.
你知道吗?
You know?
所以我想说,这可能是最主要的一点:我依然是个情感丰富的人,尽管我坚强、有韧性,这些都是我父亲传给我的品质,但你可能很难遇到比我更感性的人。
And so I would say that's probably the main thing is that, I'm still an emotional guy, even though I'm tough and I'm strong and those things that my dad passed on to me, but probably one of the most emotional guys that you'll run into.
哇。
Wow.
你最喜欢哪些电影?
And what are some of your favorite movies?
嗯,现在都是那种枪战、打斗的片子。
Well, they all gonna be shoot them up, bang them up now.
我一生中最爱的电影是《教父》。
So the number one movie of my life is Godfather.
我可能看过《教父》上百万次了,第一部、第二部、第三部都看过。
That's probably I've seen the Godfather probably a million times, one, two, three.
我认为它在剧本、演员和导演方面都是最出色的。
And I think it's the best, in terms of well written, the actors, director.
我的意思是,当你想到《教父》时,它真是一部了不起的电影。
I mean and and when you think about The Godfather, just was just amazing movie.
即使我看了它上百万次,它依然很棒。
And even if you watch it for me a million times, it's still great.
它依然非常出色。
It's still fantastic.
它依然令人惊叹。
It's still amazing.
所以这是我有史以来最爱的电影。
So that's my number one movie of all time.
你从《教父》中学到了什么?
And what what do you take away from the godfather?
如果人们能从《教父》中获得更多启示的话。
If if they people could take away more from the godfather.
我觉得是策略。
I think the strategy.
我喜欢这个策略。
I like the strategy.
比如,父亲把一切传给了迈克尔。
Like, you know, from the dad, pass it on to Michael.
我的意思是,这从来不是关于‘我就想杀个人’,或者我想控制赌博之类的。
I mean, it was and it was never about, I just wanna kill somebody, you know, or I want to, you know, control gambling or this or that.
这始终是一种策略。
It was always a strategy to it.
我也喜欢他说‘不’的时候。
And I love when he said no, too.
他答应的时候是策略,他拒绝的时候也是策略。
It was strategy for him saying yes, and it was strategy for him saying no.
然后他告诉你他为什么拒绝。
And then he told you the reason why he said no.
我觉得这很有力。
And I think that's powerful.
是的。
Yeah.
谢谢。
Well, thank you.
我该怎么称呼你?
And how how should I refer to you?
我感觉被吸引向约翰逊先生。
I I feel like pulled towards Mr.
约翰逊。
Johnson.
我知道,你更喜欢叫他约翰逊先生吗?
I know that well, would you prefer Mr.
约翰逊魔法?
Johnson magic?
我该怎么称呼你,无论你说什么?
How should I refer Whatever to
从你嘴里说出来的东西。
comes out your mouth.
因为我对魔法没问题。
Because I'm fine with magic.
没关系。
It's fine.
好的。
Okay.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我总是希望对您保持尊重。
I always want to be deferential to
你的,我非常感激。
your I appreciate that.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你在场外为什么如此成功?
Why have you been so successful off the court?
有这么多杰出的运动员,有如此大影响力的人。
So many incredible athletes, people of impact.
因为这个节目所关注的是人们如何以诚信的方式提升财务丰裕、时间自由以及影响力构建。
Because what this show is all about is how people can increase with integrity their financial abundance, their time freedom, their their building of impact.
你在球场上和球场下都如此出色地实现了这些目标。
You've done all those things so incredibly both on the court and off the court.
很多时候,球员们无法将球场上的领导力和成功转化为球场下的成就,许多人说你在商业生涯中的成就和影响力,丝毫不亚于你作为传奇篮球运动员时的表现。
And so many times players don't have that translation from on the court leadership and success off the court, and so many people say that you're every bit as successful off the court and you're impacting your business career as you were as an incredible legendary basketball player.
你认为这是为什么呢?
Why do you think that is?
因为我知道自己懂什么,不懂什么。
Well, because I understood what I knew and what I didn't know.
对吧?
Right?
所以我懂挡拆。
And so I I know the pick and roll.
我懂不看人传球。
I know the no look pass.
我知道勾手投篮。
I know the hook shot.
我知道防守、进攻和挡拆。
I know defense, offense, pick and roll.
但我并不懂商业。
But what I didn't know was business.
所以我决定找一些导师帮助我学习商业,同时也了解他们是如何成功的。
So what I decided to do was to make sure I got mentors to help me to learn business, also help me to understand how they became successful.
我喜欢与人见面,了解他们的经历。
I love meeting with people and understanding their journey.
我被知识吸引,所以我一直是个热爱学习、追求进步和不断提升的人。
I'm attracted to knowledge, so I've always have been a guy who loved to learn and loved to improve and get better.
于是我请教了巴斯博士。
So I asked Doctor.
他是湖人队的老板,我非常敬仰他,他同意做我的导师。
Buss, who was the owner of the Lakers, to become my first mentor because I looked up to him, and he decided to do that.
他给了我很多宝贵的信息片段让我带走。
And he really gave me a lot of great information nuggets to take away.
他还让我翻阅了湖人队的财务账本,这在当时是前所未有的,并向我展示了湖人队所有的收入来源。
And he opened up the Laker books to me when that was unheard of and showed me all the revenue streams of the Lakers.
然后他告诉我:听着,这不会容易。
And then he told me, listen, it's not going to be easy.
你必须付出努力和时间。
You've got to put the work in and the time in.
我说:如果这就是我在商业上取得成功所需要的,我愿意全力以赴。
I said, hey, if that's what it's going to take for me to be successful in business, I'm willing to do just that.
于是我经常和他一起吃午餐、吃晚餐。
And so I was meeting with him all the time lunch, dinner.
人们不明白的是,你必须投入这些时间。
See, what people don't understand is you've got to put that time in.
成功不会轻易降临到你身上。
It's not going to come easy to you.
所以你得对自己说,好吧。
So you have to say to yourself, okay.
我愿意投入时间,愿意去任何需要去的地方。
I'm willing to put the time in and willing to go where I have to go.
看,这是另一件事。
See, that's another thing.
很多早餐,很多午餐,
A lot of breakfasts, a lot of luncheons,
很多
a lot
很多晚餐,你都不想去参加。
of dinners, you don't wanna go to.
但
But
在新泽西的冬天,进行这样的对话。
Be in New Jersey in the winter, have this conversation.
和你一起,对吧?
With you, right?
所以我要
So I
愿意付出
was willing to put in
努力和时间,因为我从篮球中学到了这些。
the work and the time, because I took that from basketball.
一旦我明白了如何创业,我就从那里开始腾飞。
And so once I got to understand how to start a business, then I took off from there.
我认为我之所以成功,是因为我一生都是赢家。
And I think I'm successful because of the fact that I've been a winner my whole life.
我只知道赢。
I don't know nothing but winning.
因此,这帮助我明白,为了在商业上获胜,我会不择手段。
And so that helped me to understand that I would do whatever it takes for me to win in business.
然后我问自己,城市美国缺少什么?
And then I said, what's missing in urban America?
让我从我长大的地方开始。
Let me start where I grew up.
于是我从那里开始,我知道我们缺乏住房。
And so I started there, and I knew that we were short on housing.
我们缺乏零售设施。
We were short on retail.
我们缺乏人们可以吃饭或看电影的地方。
We were short in terms of places that people can go to have a meal or to go to the movies.
所以我就在那些需求旺盛但无人满足的地方开始行动。
So I just started in those areas where there were heavy demand, but nobody was meeting the demand.
这就是我进入城市美国的原因。
And so that's why I jumped into urban America.
是的。
Yeah.
这确实强大而鼓舞人心。
That's powerful and inspiring for sure.
我们有幸采访到——我很快就会提到——布斯先生的女儿。
And we have the blessing and privilege of interviewing, I do, come up shortly, mister Buss's daughter.
珍妮·布斯,我们一周后将在洛杉矶。
Jeanie Buss, we're out in LA in a week.
所以,我们将会
So, we'll be
我非常喜欢珍妮。
I love Jeanie.
我们基本上是一起长大的。
That's my we grew up together, basically.
哇。
Wow.
她可能也会跟你这么说。
And she'll probably tell you that too.
是的。
Yeah.
我们很期待。
We'll we'll look forward to it.
是的。
Yes.
我确实在来之前做了很多功课,所以我听说巴兹先生曾是你的导师。
And and I did and I did a lot of homework coming in, so I did hear that mister Buss was a mentor of yours.
嗯。
Mhmm.
如果你能与观众分享一下,因为这个节目最核心的就是你刚刚完美捕捉到的这一点:我们其实并不知道该如何做事。
And if you were to share with people in the audience, because what this show is so much about is what you've just perfectly captured is the fact that we don't know how to do things.
对吧?
Right?
你并不是生来就会做无球传球的。
You you weren't born knowing how to do a no look pass.
你生来确实有天赋,但你是通过学习才掌握这些技能的。
You're born you're genetically gifted for sure, but you learned how to do things.
稍后我们聊聊帕特·莱利,你介意吗?
And we're talk about Pat Riley in a little bit if that's okay with you.
但你觉得人们究竟在哪些方面感到困扰呢?我前几天和迈克·泰森聊过,还有库斯塔托。
But what is it do you think that people struggle with that I had this conversation with Mike Tyson the other day and he and Customato.
你是怎么学会信任巴uss的建议和指导的?
How did you find your way to trusting mister Buss's advice and guidance?
我的意思是,他是你的老板。
I mean, he's your employer.
对吧?
Right?
这中间是怎么运作的?你和他之间有什么摩擦点?甚至延伸到帕特·莱利,又是怎样的?
How how did that work, what were the friction points around that with him and, you know, maybe even bridging into Pat Riley?
你知道吗,人们很难听从别人的方法。
You know, please, about people struggle to listen to their methods.
丹尼尔,宫先生,《功夫梦》里的那位。
Daniel, mister Miyagi, the Karate Kid.
对吧?
Right?
他担心宫先生在利用他,并教他功夫。
He's fearful that mister Miyagi is using him and arming him.
这一切对
How did all that work out for
你来说结果如何?
you?
是的。
Yeah.
这是个很好的问题,可能我以前从未被人这样问过。
That's a great question, probably a question I've never really received or gotten from anybody else.
首先,你必须明白,你有资格坐在这个房间里。
Number one, you first got to understand that you belong in the room.
很多时候,我们还没进房间就已经认输了,心想:天啊,我真的有资格在这里吗?
A lot of times what happens is we're already defeated before we even get in the room because we, oh, my God, do I really belong there?
我有成为商人的能力吗?
Do I have what it takes to become a business person?
我认为这是第一点。
And I think that's number one.
第二点是信任问题,信任会在你与人见面时逐渐建立。
Number two, the trust issue the trust will come as you meet with people.
当我见到医生时。
As I met with Doctor.
巴士,他很真诚。
Bus, he was sincere.
我看到了,对吧?
I saw that, right?
他真的想帮助我。
He really wanted to help me.
所以,一旦你看到一个人是真诚的,他们向你敞开心扉,说‘我真的想帮助你实现目标和梦想’,那就是建立信任的开始。
So once you see that a person is sincere and they really open up to you and say, hey, I really want to help you reach your goals and dreams, then that's where to trust.
你深吸一口气,说:好吧。
You say you take that deep breath and say, okay.
现在我可以向这个人敞开心扉了。
Now I can open up to that person.
而且确实,途中会有一些考验,来确认这个人是否真的相信你、真心想帮助你。
And and sure enough, there will be tests along the way, right, to make sure that person really believes in you and really want to help you.
每一次考验,他都在测试我。
And every test, he was testing me.
我也在测试他。
I was testing him.
然后,突然间,我们放下了所有的防备。
And then all of a sudden, we let those guards down.
于是我们真正成为了非常好的朋友。
And then we just really became, first great friends.
别管什么老板和球员,我们首先就是这样。
Forget owner and player, so we were that first.
但后来我们在场外成了朋友,再之后变成了导师和学生。
But then we became friends off the court and then mentor and student after that.
这段关系的发展是有步骤的。
So there were steps to that relationship that we took.
听好了,我信任的人很少。
And listen, I trust very few people.
那些进入我圈子并被我信任的人,我信任他们都有原因,对吧?
Those who are in my circle that I do trust, there's a reason why I trust them, right?
反过来,他们信任我也有原因。
And vice versa, there's a reason why they trust me.
但你提到的一件事开始展现出你的正直。
But you said something that started to show off, integrity.
你谈到正直是你节目中的重要部分。
You talked about that being a big part of your show.
嗯,信任的核心就在于此。
Well, that's a big part of trust.
这是理解的关键:一旦你看到一个人具备这种品质,你就可以以此来塑造你的品牌。
It's a big part of us understanding that once a person have that and you see that in that person, and then you build your brand that way.
明白吗?
See?
我一直都是这样建立我的公司和品牌的。
I've always built my company, my brand with that.
我们要以此为先导。
We're going to lead with that.
我们要以‘我们追求卓越,力求顶尖’为先导。
We're going to lead with, hey, we believe in excellence, best in class.
我们要以‘我言出必行’为先导。
We're going lead with, I'm a man of my word.
所以我跟你说过,我会准时到场。
So I told you I was showing up here.
我在这里。
I'm here.
那就是
That's
我的本色。
who I am.
而且你来得很早。
And you were here early.
没错。
That's right.
我是个自律的人。
I'm a disciplined man.
我每天早上四点起床,从不靠闹钟。
I get up every morning at four without a clock.
然后我去健身房,之后一整天都在办公室。
And I go to the gym, and then I'm in the office all day.
所以这就是我。
So that's who I am.
这就是我作为球员的身份,但同样也是我作为首席执行官和商人的身份。
And so that's who I am as a ball player, but also that's who I am as a CEO and a businessman.
当我跟你握手时,我会告诉你我能做什么。
And when I shake your hand, I'm going tell you what I can do.
我还会告诉你我不能做什么。
Also, I'm going tell you what I can't do.
我认为这一点也同样重要。
And I think that goes a long way as well.
所以无论是客户、顾客还是我的合作伙伴,他们都信任我,因为我跟他们握手时会说:我会做这十件事,但实际上我会做十五件。
So it's clients, customers, or my partners, they trust me because of the fact that I'm going shake their hand and say, I'm going do these 10 things, but really, I'm going do 15.
因为我相信一个词:超额交付。
Because I believe in one word over deliver.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
所以我想要超额完成。
So I want to over deliver.
我认为你一生中在这方面做得非常出色。
I think you've done pretty spectacular job of that your whole life.
非常清晰。
Very clear.
谢谢你,魔术,感谢你的分享。
Thank you, certainly, Magic, for that.
那么,这种精神是从哪里来的呢?
So where did that come from?
我们会严格把握好时间节奏。
We're going to keep this super tight on appropriate timing.
还有几个话题要谈,但我相信,这场胜利必将属于我。
Got a few topics to go still, but the the power of this I win, I'm gonna win.
我知道你父亲是一位导师。
Like, and I know your dad is a mentor.
你知道,我确实看到了这一点。
You know, for sure I saw that.
帕特·莱利、查克·戴利,我很想聊聊奥运会以及其中的复杂性和其他一些事情。
Pat Riley, Chuck Daly, I'd love to talk a little about the Olympics and the complexity of that and a few.
那个,我赢了,这到底是从哪儿来的?
Where did that, like, I win.
我追求卓越。
I'm about excellence.
我追求纪律。
I'm about discipline.
这种精神到底是从哪儿来的?
Like, where did that come from?
请。
Please.
我认为,首先这一定来自我父亲的传承。
I think first, it had to come from my father passed on.
从那以后,这种理念来自我所效力过的教练们,无论是初中、高中,还是福克斯教练、T教练。
Then from there, it went from my coaches that I played for, whether it's junior high, high school, Coach Fox, Coach T.
科廷学院,然后是帕特·莱利。
Cotin College, and then Pat Riley.
我父亲总是说:‘你必须把每件事都做对。’
And so my father always said, You gotta do everything the right way.
他从不让我在这方面敷衍了事。
And he didn't let me slide on that.
我记得一个彻底改变我一生的故事。
You know, I remember a story that really changed my life forever.
我父亲有两三个工作,因为他要养活十个孩子。
So my father had two or three jobs because he had 10 kids to support.
我们经营着一项垃圾清运业务。
So we had a trash hauling service.
我们以前会去收人们的垃圾。
We would go pick up people's trash before.
现在有各种公司会到你家帮你处理这些事。
Now they got all the companies that do that for you at your home.
所以当时在下雪。
So it was snow.
我的意思是,密歇根州雪很多,而且很冷。
I mean, Michigan, we get a lot of snow, and it's cold.
所以我的工作是把垃圾桶周围的散落垃圾收集起来,然后装上卡车。
So my job was to get all the loose trash around the barrels and then put it on the truck.
那天特别冷。
So this day was so cold.
我只做了一半的活。
I did a half job.
然后我砸开冰块,把冰里的垃圾捡出来,装上卡车。
And I then chopped the ice up and get the trash out of the ice and put it on the truck.
于是我跑进小屋,跳了进去。
So I ran to the cabin, I jump in.
天啊,真暖和。
Oh man, it's warm.
我刚觉得舒服起来,父亲就打开了门,用一只手把我拎起来,带我回到冰面上,说:儿子,如果你做事半途而废,你这辈子做什么都会半途而废。
By the time I got comfortable, my father opened that door, picked me up with one hand, took me back to the ice and said, son, if you do this job halfway, you'll do everything in your life halfway.
你做事会半途而废。
You'll practice halfway.
学校里的一切,你的作业,你都会做得马马虎虎。
Everything at school, your homework, you're going to do halfway.
他说,你必须学会把每件事都做对。
And he said, You gotta learn to do everything the right way.
去拿把铲子,把冰凿开,把冰里的垃圾清出来,扔到卡车上。
So get a shovel, chop that ice up, get that trash out of that ice and put it on the truck.
从那时起,我就变得和我父亲一样追求完美。
That's when I became a perfectionist like my father.
这意味着我要把每件事都做对。
That means I do everything the right way.
所以,这就是它的由来。
And so that's where it came from.
然后我的教练们不断督促我。
And then my coaches pushing me.
你看,现在很多球员不喜欢被严厉指导,但我却喜欢被严厉指导。
See, a lot of players don't want to get coached hard today, but I love being coached hard.
因此,正因为如此,他们不仅帮助我在球场上成长,也在球场外帮助了我。
So because of that, again, they helped me to develop not only on the court but off the court as well.
所以,这就是为什么我今天是个勤奋的人。
So, that's why I'm a worker today.
我父亲和我的教练们,如果你给我一项任务,相信我,它一定会按时完成。
My father, my coaches, if you give me an assignment, trust me, it's going to get done in a timely fashion.
我们小时候,不能像现在的孩子那样看着父亲问:‘为什么?’
As we all grew up, remember, we couldn't just look at our father like our kids today can say, well, why?
我们不能问为什么。
We couldn't say why.
有人让你去把垃圾拿出去。
Somebody tell you to get go get that trash or go take it out.
我们必须起来把垃圾拿出去,不然就会有麻烦。
We had to get up and go take that trash out or something gonna happen to us.
没错。
That's right.
是的。
Yes.
现在,我的孙子孙女总是喜欢先问为什么。
Now today, my grandkids always wanna lead with why.
我说,你真幸运,要是我父母听到你这么说,他们才不会这么宽容呢,对吧?
I said, you lucky my parents wouldn't lie today to hear you say that, right?
它
It
甚至也发生在你身上。
even happens to you.
对,对,对。
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
我得告诉他,我说:听着,我跟你做个交易。
And I had to tell him, I said, listen, I'm going make you a deal.
我说,我不会对你做任何事。
I said, I'm not going to do something to you.
我惹麻烦了,对吧?
I get in trouble, right?
虐待儿童,虐待儿童。
Child abuse, child abuse.
但不,我只是让他明白,听着,你想要什么,对吧?
But no, I just let him know that, listen, you want what you want, right?
我从不质疑这一点。
And I don't never question that.
我会尽力给你买你想要的玩具、你想要的东西、你想要的运动鞋。
And I try to buy you the toy that you want, this that you want, the sneakers that you want.
我也不质疑这一点。
And I don't question that.
我不希望你质疑我。
And I don't want you to question me.
所以当我让你做某事时,请照做。
So when I ask you to do something, please do it.
你看,我父母从不说请。
And see, my parents never said please.
他们等着按铃。
They had a bell waiting.
所以让我们来看三个我觉得对今天有积极意义的短片。
So can jump into we have three quick clips that I think will be positive for for today.
我们先看第一个短片。
So let's hit our first clip.
我认为是1980年,那一年发生了一些事。
I think it's 1980, and something happened in 1980.
好的。
Okay.
让我们看看发生了什么。
Let's see what happened.
这位是
Here's the man of
本场焦点人物,魔术师约翰逊。
the hour, Magic Johnson.
魔术师,但你到底有什么特质,让你在这些总决赛比赛中表现得如此出色?
Magic, though, what do you have that makes you perform like this in these championship games?
因为你把我们带到了这里,而我们不想从你那里带走马特
Because you got us here and we don't we don't wanna take Matt over from the You
认识那个人吗?
know that guy?
我认识那个人。
I know that guy.
帕特·莱利,湖人队,80年代,卡里姆,标准,请分享一下。
Pat Riley, Lakers, 80, Kareem, standards, please share.
这到底是什么意思?
What's that all about?
当你想到那个片段时,首先,我们正在对阵费城的总决赛第五场,而我的偶像。
Well, when you think about that clip, number one, we were in the finals, game five against Philadelphia, and my idol.
我非常崇拜博士。
I idolized Doctor.
J。
J.
这太疯狂了,我竟然崇拜这个人,而现在我却在世界冠军赛上和他对决。
That's crazy, that I idolized the man, and now I'm playing against him in the world championship.
太疯狂了。
Crazy.
所以卡里姆在第五场比赛中扭伤了脚踝。
So Kareem springs his ankle in game five.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
那是一场重要的比赛,因为系列赛比分是2比2平。
That was a big game because the series was tied two two.
所以我们必须赢下那场比赛,才能回到费城,而我们确实做到了。
So we had to win that game, which we did, to go back to Philly.
所以我们以3比2领先。
So we're up three two.
但 Kareem 被宣布无法参加第六场比赛。
But Kareem has been pronounced that he's not gonna play in game six.
一旦这个消息公布,我们到达机场时,我看到所有队友都垂头丧气。
So once they announced that, we got to the airport, and I saw all my teammates' heads were down.
我问:怎么了?
I said, what's wrong?
然后你听说 Kareem 不能打了。
Then you hear Kareem can't play.
我说:那又怎样?
I said, so what?
我们无论如何都会赢。
We're gonna win anyway.
他们说:‘去坐好,新秀。’
And they were like, go sit down, rookie.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
没有卡里姆,我们赢不了费城。
We can't win and beat Philadelphia without Kareem.
我说,没有卡里姆我们也会赢下这场比赛。
I said, we're gonna win this game without Kareem.
所以我必须做点什么,因为有时候你需要做点事来打破气氛,让他们知道我是认真的。
And, so I had to do something because sometimes you got to do something to shake up the atmosphere, sure that they know that I was serious about what I said.
于是我问空乘人员,我可以先上飞机吗?
So I asked the stewardess, could I go on the plane first?
因为卡里姆坐在A座。
Because Kareem sat in one a.
那是他的座位。
That's his seat.
对吧?
Right?
于是我坐到了卡里姆的座位上。
And so I sat in Kareem's seat.
每当一位湖人队球员经过时,都会说:别担心。
And as every Laker came by, said, never fear.
魔术师来了。
Magic is here.
于是他们开始像你刚才那样笑起来。
So so they started laughing like you just did.
是的。
Yeah.
我说,我有五个小时来调整这种心态和态度,因为你的听众必须明白,如果你想成为一个商人,就必须拥有赢的心态和态度。
And I said, I got five hours to work on that mindset and attitude because your audience gotta know that they gotta have a mindset and an attitude of winning if you're gonna be a business person.
如果你想成为一名企业家并取得成功,你就必须相信自己能够成功,能够做到。
If you wanna start off being an entrepreneur, if you want to be successful, then you gotta think that you can be successful and that you can do it.
所以我知道,如果我们带着一种还没打比赛就已失败的心态回去,他们肯定会以50分的优势大胜我们。
And so I knew that if we went back and we had a mindset of that we're defeated before we even played the game, they were gonna blow us out by 50 points.
但如果我们抱有我们能赢、我们依然能击败他们的信念,认为我们还有机会获胜,情况就会不同。
But if we had that mindset of we can win, we can still beat them, that we had a chance to win.
果然,我和他们谈了话。
And sure enough, I talked to them.
当我们抵达费城时,第二天就要比赛了。
By the time we landed in Philly, we played the game the next day.
我已经让他们改变了心态。
I had their mindset.
他们做好了准备,最终我们赢了。
They were ready, and we end up winning.
现在,如果我要说这些,就必须用行动来收尾。
Now, if I'm gonna say all that, I gotta bag it up with action.
于是我成为NBA历史上首位获得总决赛MVP的新秀。
So I became the first rookie in NBA history to be named finals MVP.
我砍下了42分。
I scored 42 points.
15个篮板。
15 rebounds.
那场比赛我还有15个篮板、7次助攻,最终我们赢了。
15 rebounds, seven assists in that game, And we end up winning.
因此,我成为历史上首位获得NBA总决赛MVP的新秀。
And so I became the first rookie ever to be named NBA Finals MVP.
打中锋位置。
Playing center.
打中锋位置。
Playing center.
是卡里姆·阿卜杜勒-贾巴尔,不是拜特纳。
Kareem Abdul Jabbar, not Bainter.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯,我打中锋、控卫和前锋。
Well, I play center guard and forward.
太疯狂了。
Crazy.
我相信你必须拥有赢的心态。
I believe that you have to have a winning mindset.
但你为什么觉得你的这种信念与其他大多数球员不同呢?
But why do you think that you had that belief different from most of other players?
也就是说,是什么原因呢?
Like, what was it?
我们之前聊过你爸爸和那件事,但对你来说,为什么不一样呢?
And we talked a little bit about your dad and the whole thing, but why was it different for you?
为什么总是对你来说不一样呢?
Why does it always seem to be different for you?
当发生那件事时,那家伙说:我们赢不了。
When that happened, the guy's like, we're not gonna win.
你却说:你是个新秀。
You're like, you're a rookie.
而我们却说:我们一定会赢。
And we're like, we're gonna win.
你认为为什么你与众不同呢?
And why do you think that's different for you?
即使在地球上最顶尖、最出色的运动员中,他们也必须拥有非凡的心态,为什么你作为一个新秀就已经与众不同了?
Even among the most elite, masterful athletes on earth who had to have incredible mindsets too, why as a rookie already were you different?
对我来说,这一切都关乎准备。
Well, it's all about, to me, preparation.
我总是为那些时刻做好准备。
It was I was always prepared for those moments.
我渴望这样的时刻。
I live for those moments.
如果我感到自己做好了准备,并且理解了我们如何获胜。
And if I feel if I'm prepared and if I understand how we're going to win.
这不仅仅是我们会赢。
It's not just we're going to win.
你必须有背后的策略。
You have to have strategy behind that.
那么你打算怎么做呢?
And so how are you going to do it?
所以我告诉我们的队友,我们会比他们更快。
So like I told our teammates, we're going to be faster than them.
他们可能会比我们高大,但我们必须不断跑动、跑动、再跑动。
They're going to be bigger than us, but we've got to run them and run them and run them.
这就是我们所做的。
And that's what we did.
这就是我们的优势:我们比他们更矮小、更敏捷,我们利用这一点赢得了比赛。
And that was our advantage, the fact that we were smaller and quicker than them, and we used that to our advantage to win the game.
所以,是的,你可能会说,‘我们会赢’。
So, yeah, it's something that you could just say, oh, we're going to win.
不。
No.
你必须有背后的策略。
You've got to have strategy behind it.
然后最重要的是,你必须执行这个策略。
And then the number one thing, you've got to execute on the strategy.
记住,商业的关键在于执行。
See, people got to remember, business is about execution.
所以在商业中,你必须执行。
And so you've got to execute in business.
如果你能做到这一点,你就有了获胜的机会。
And if you can do that, you give yourself a chance to win.
医生是怎么做到的。
How did Doctor.
那之后,你和他有联系吗?
J relate to you after that?
那时候,之后,你知道,他是超级巨星。
During that, after that, you know, he's this superstar.
你是正在崛起的超级新星,但还是个新秀。
You're this emerging superstar, but a rookie.
对你来说,那种感觉怎么样?
How did that feel for you?
你们赢了之后,他是怎么对待你的?
How did he react towards you after you guys won?
让我告诉你一个几乎没人知道的故事。
Well, let me tell you this story that very few people even know.
所以,我可能这是第一次说这件事。
So I'm probably saying this for the first time.
这太棒了。
So this is great.
所以我在密歇根州立大学做了一个决定。
So I'm making a decision at Michigan State.
我们刚刚在N系列总决赛中击败了那个我讨厌的家伙——拉里·伯德。
We had just beat Larry Bird, that dude I hate, in the N Series Finals.
那场比赛至今仍是历史上收视率最高的大学篮球比赛,印第安纳州立大学对阵密歇根州立大学。
And that game is still the number one watched college basketball game in history, Indiana State versus Michigan State.
所以现在我要决定进入职业联赛。
So now I'm making the decision to turn pro.
所以我需要找个人聊聊。
So I needed somebody to talk to.
于是我问了我的教练,我想打电话给J。
So I asked my coach, I want to call Doctor.
J。
J.
他问:‘谁?’
He was like, what?
你能给我医生J的号码吗?
Can you give me Doctor.
我想给他打电话,因为我想问他当初是什么促使他决定提前退役去打职业篮球的。
J's number?
我想给他打电话,因为我想问他当初是什么促使他决定提前退役去打职业篮球的。
I want to call him because I want to ask him what went in for him to make the decision to turn pro and leave college early.
所以他最终找到了一个号码。
So he ended up finding a number.
他给费城打了电话。
He called Philadelphia.
他们给了他博士。
They gave him Doctor.
杰的私人号码。
Jay's personal number.
我给他打了电话,我们谈了这件事。
I called him up, and we talked about it.
我说,我正在努力做出决定,是离开密歇根州立大学还是提前转为职业球员。
I said, I'm trying to make this decision whether to leave Michigan State or turn pro.
他说,我要做得更好。
He said, I'm gonna do you one better.
你猜他说了什么?
Guess what he said?
我要飞你去费城。
I'm gonna fly you out to Philadelphia.
什么?
What?
我们正在打季后赛,我们要打季后赛。
We're playing in the, we're playing in the playoffs.
我希望你来和我住在一起。
I want you to come stay with me.
什么?
What?
我快晕过去了。
I'm I'm, like, fainting right now.
我简直要疯了。
I'm, like, going crazy.
我要去住J医生家。
I'm gonna stay at doctor j house.
你进入季后赛了。
You're in the playoffs.
嗯。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
我遇到人就告诉他们,别走,就住那位医生家。
I ran into I told everybody, oh, stay in that Doctor.
J医生家。
J house.
结果真的飞到了费城。
And so sure enough, flew to Philly.
他让我住在他家。
He put me up at his house.
你是说我们之前一直在讨论你今天要来这儿的事吗?
You mean like we were running around talking about you coming here today.
他给了我很多信息。
And so he he gave me so much information.
我看了他季后赛对阵老鹰队的比赛,然后就飞回家了。
I watched him play against the Hawks in the playoffs, and then I flew home.
现在六个月到八个月过去了,我要在NBA赛场上和他们对战了。
And now six, eight months later, I'm playing them in the NBA fight.
这算不算是
Is that a
一次旅行,还是
trip or
什么?
what?
本该告诉你留在大学里。
Should have told you stay
上大学。
in college.
这是一个智能戒指。
It's an app ring.
然后我在总决赛中击败了我的偶像。
And then I'm beating my idol in the championship.
所以我不知道他是什么感受。
So I I don't know how he felt.
你们有没有聊过这件事?
Did you guys ever talk about it?
有。
Yes.
我们确实谈过这件事。
We did talk about it.
对他来说就像一次旅行。
And it was like a trip for him.
我只是在
I just hosted you at
我家招待了你。
my house.
那是糟糕的事情。
That's bad matters.
我想赢。
I wanna win.
是的。
Yeah.
让我告诉你关于我的事。
Of Let me tell you this about me.
我不在乎和谁打。
I don't care who I'm playing.
我甚至可能和我妈妈打。
I can be playing my mother.
我女儿在当地高中打控球后卫。
My daughter played point guard for the local high school.
我妻子告诉我:和她一对一打。
My wife tells me, Play her one on one.
这样能帮她提高。
You'll help her get better.
我说:不,因为我了解自己。
I said, No, because I know who I am.
我说:不,我不想和她一对一打。
I said, No, I don't want to play her one on one.
但当你妻子两次让你做某事时,你最好
But when your wife tell you do something twice, you better
赶紧去吧。
get to it.
最好赶紧去。
Better get to it.
所以
So
我说,好吧。
I said, okay.
我们打到十分。
We go to ten.
我让她先拿到九分。
I let her get to nine.
这对我来说很难
That was hard for
我。
me.
那真的很难。
That was real hard.
我让她到了九分。
I let her get to nine.
从那以后,我就彻底压制她了。
And then I crushed her from then on.
我妻子对我很生气。
My wife was so mad at me.
她说,你本可以让她赢的。
She's like, you could've let her win.
不行。
No.
我不能让任何人赢。
I can't let nobody win.
这不是我。
It's not who I am.
这不符合我的天性。
It's not in my DNA.
我不是那样的人。
I'm not I'm not made up like that.
哇。
Wow.
好吧,我觉得有必要在我的聆听背景下 contextualize 这件事。
Well, super and I only feel like contextualizing this in my listening.
所以在失明之前,简单说一下。
So before I went blind, just real quick.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我曾是大学一级棒球和橄榄球的招募对象。
I was a division one college recruit in baseball and football.
我在哥伦比亚大学当了四年的一级主力球员。
Was a four year division one starter at Columbia University.
我是我高三那年的队长。
Was captain of my team senior.
哇。
Wow.
所以我只是,我只是在认真倾听你所分享的内容。
So I just I just I have a listening for what you're sharing.
我在运动方面有很棒的导师,一个在进入商界之前,嗯。
Had incredible mentors athletically, So one before business Mhmm.
我的背景是建立在体育之上的。
My background was built on sports.
所以这些故事、这些动态、这些元素——我在高中时是三项运动的运动员,在我高二那年,我是全国顶尖的10名击球手之一。
So these stories, these dynamics, these elements I was a three sport player in high school, and I was one top 10 hitters division one in the country my junior year.
所以,我接收到了,我也全然投入在你所谈论的——那种精通、竞争精神和其中的一切。
So it it I receive it, and I'm present to it for what you're talking about, the mastery, the competitiveness, the spirit of it all.
更重要的是,你并没有让这些阻碍你前进。
More than that, you didn't let that hold you back.
你看,我来是因为我对这一点印象深刻。
See, I came because I'm impressed with that.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你拥有我所拥有的东西,对吧?
That you got what I have, right?
那种即使面对困难也要赢的基因。
That gene of we're going to win despite.
阿门。
Amen.
而你现在正克服这些困难取得胜利。
And you're winning right now despite of that.
是的。
Yeah.
你允许自己这样做,同时也在分享它。
You allowing, but you're sharing it.
当你能与他人分享这一点,以帮助他们取得成功时,这便是一种强大的工具。
And so that's a powerful tool when you can share that with other people in terms of trying to help them to become successful.
所以上帝正在祝福你,而你也在祝福他人。
So God's really blessing you and you blessing other people.
这就是重点所在。
That's what it's about.
阿门。
Amen.
我觉得你现在说的是约翰逊先生。
And I feel like you're saying Mr.
约翰逊先生。
Johnson right now.
谢谢您,阿门,约翰逊先生。
So thank you, Amen, Mr.
约翰逊先生。
Johnson.
为了好玩,我相信影响力是人类唯一可以掌握的超能力。
And for fun, I believe that influence is the only human attainable superpower.
这就是博士。
That's what Doctor.
布斯所拥有的。
Bus had.
他就是这样赢得他人同意的,无论是在场内还是场外,你都这么做。
That's how he caused yeses, that's what you do off the court and on the court.
他在领导力上赢得了同意。
He caused yeses in leadership.
所以为了好玩,我打了个一百万美元的赌,赌我无法在一组中立事实中施加影响,我挑战所有人为了慈善参与。
So for fun, I have a million dollar bet that I can't be at influence on a neutral set of facts that I challenge everybody out there for charity.
所以我喜欢竞争。
So I love competing.
所以我赞同这一点。
So I amen to that.
我认为,如今商业、体育以及世界上你所面临的诸多挑战,很大程度上都源于人们没有像你那样去做。
And I think that so much of business now and so much of sports and so much of all these challenges you have in the world are because people don't do what you did.
我们只是走上球场,告诉自己要冲进去,像斗士一样全力以赴,这正是与你这样一位冠军对话如此鼓舞人心的原因。
We just step on that court and say we're gonna go in and put yourself out there as that man in the arena, and that's why it's so inspiring to have conversations with just a champion like yourself.
谢谢你分享这些。
So thank you for that.
我们能不能聊聊,呃,帕特·莱利,你介意吗?
And can we step into you know what, actually, you don't mind, Pat Riley.
我做了很多研究,你们一起赢得了五次总冠军。
So I did a lot of research, five championships together.
他是一个经常谈论心态的人,我们有过很多对话。
He's somebody who speaks a lot about mindset, had a lot of conversations.
同样的问题,这种演变、疑虑、挑战和信任是如何建立起来的?
Same type of question, how is that evolution, the doubts, the challenge, the trust build?
他的方法论是独一无二的。
His methodologies were unique.
我听说你们有时在某些事情上并没有完全达成一致,但从这个角度出发,您愿意分享一些关于帕特·莱利的执教、指导和领导力方面的看法吗?
I've heard there was moments of maybe not seeing things fully eye to eye, but what do you feel like sharing, please, about Pat Riley and coaching, mentorship, and leadership from that perspective?
他对我要求非常严格。
Well, he coached me hard.
当你追求同一个目标并拥有相同的心态时,难免会发生摩擦。
And when you're going after the same goal and you have the same mindset, you're gonna bump heads.
这很自然。
That's just the natural.
但这是积极的摩擦,我明白谁是领导者。
But but in a good way, I understood who was the leader.
对吧?
Right?
我也清楚自己的角色。
And I understood my role.
但我一直都很喜欢帕特,至今依然如此。
But I love Pat and still do.
帕特今天是我最好的朋友之一。
Pat's one of my best friends today.
太棒了。
Awesome.
但当他执教时,他让一切变得艰难,因为他时刻督促你做到最好。
But when he coached, he made it difficult because he stayed on top of you to be great.
他知道他必须每天激励我。
He knew that he had to push me every single day.
他把我与迈克尔·乔丹和拉里·伯德这两位球员的标准相提并论。
And what he did was he held me to the standards of two guys, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird.
所以他告诉我:听着,我绝不会让你偷懒或懈怠一场比赛。
And so he said, listen, I'm never gonna let you, take a day off or take a game off.
我会一直盯着你,因为我用的就是这两个标准作为衡量尺度。
I'm a always stay on top of you because I'm holding you to those two standard right there.
这对我来说就是衡量的标尺。
And that was the measuring stick for me.
对吧?
Right?
所以他一直有一个数字,我们三个人都打了700场以上。
And so there was a number that he always had, and all three of us played over 700.
如果你能超过700场,那真是太了不起了。
That was amazing if you got over 700.
有一天,他让我气得不行。
And so he made me so mad one day.
所以我们现在在这儿。
So here we are.
波士顿队的比赛先于湖人队进行。
And Boston played before the Lakers.
所以当我到达体育馆时,他们的比赛已经结束了,而我们的比赛还要几个小时才开始。
So when I got to the arena, their game was over, and we're getting ready to get started a couple hours from now.
于是帕特正在板凳上。
So Pat's on the board.
他正在制定比赛计划。
He's writing up the game plan.
你看,他知道怎么激怒我。
And see, he knew what buttons to push with me.
所以他说,他正在跟助理教练比尔说话。
So he said, he's talking to an assistant coach named Bill.
比尔,你看到拉里·伯德今晚的表现了吗?
Bill, did you see what Larry Bird did tonight?
天啊,45分,20个篮板,9次助攻。
Man, 45 points, 20 rebounds, nine assists.
天啊。
Oh, man.
这鸟人真是了不起。
That bird is something.
所以他知道我正坐在座位上。
So he knew I was sitting in my seat.
我现在生气了。
I'm I'm getting mad now.
我气得不行。
I'm steaming.
好吧。
Okay.
所以大约二十分钟后,他说:‘比尔,弗拉斯基,等一下。’
So about twenty minutes later, he say, Bill, Flask, wait a minute.
重要信息。
Bulletin material.
迈克尔·乔丹刚得了55分。
Michael Jordan just scored 55 points.
所以他知道,哦,我现在生气了。
So he knew, oh, I'm mad now.
我得出去拿个大号三双。
I got to go out there and get a big triple double.
我们必须赢。
We got to win.
所以他知道,有时候正是他那些话激励了我。
So he knew sometimes it's what he said about those guys that would motivate me.
他作为教练如此伟大的地方在于,他了解每一个球员,知道该对每个人说什么话,才能激发他们达到最佳状态,确保他们明白,如果你要为湖人队效力并赢得总冠军,你必须成为最好的第六人、第七人、第五人,以此类推,最好的控球后卫。
And so what made him so great as a coach, he knew every single guy and what button to push with every single guy to make them go to their highest level right, and make sure that they understood that if you're gonna play for the Lakers and we're gonna win the championship, you gotta be the best sixth man, the seventh man, the fifth man, on and on and on, best point guard.
卡里姆,你必须成为最好的中锋。
Kareem, you gotta be the best center.
詹姆斯·沃西,你必须成为最好的小前锋。
James Worthy, you got to be the best small forward.
他一个接一个地指出每个人。
On and on, he just pointed to everybody.
每个人都必须接受自己的角色。
And everybody got to accept their role.
他相信这一点。
He believed in that.
他相信家庭。
And he believed in family.
他宣扬家庭和团队。
He preached family and team.
任何事情都不能外泄给家庭之外。
Nothing goes outside the family.
如果我们有争执,就只留在家庭内部。
If we have an argument, it stays within the family.
如果我们有分歧,也只留在家庭内部。
If we have a disagreement, it stays within the family.
但他最看重的是,我们要成为NBA体能最好的球队,你知道结果如何吗?
But his main thing was we're gonna be the best conditioned team in all the NBA, and guess what?
我们做到了。
We were.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
我们要在心理和身体上都变得坚韧,猜怎么着?
We're gonna be mentally and physically tough, and guess what?
我们做到了。
We were.
这就是我们赢得冠军的方式,也是为什么我们在十二年内九次进入总决赛的原因,猜怎么着?
That's how we're gonna win the championship, and that's why we were in the finals, guess what, nine times in twelve years.
疯狂。
Crazy.
疯狂。
Crazy.
而且在三场比赛中赢了拉里·伯德两次。
And beat Larry Bird two out of three.
没错。
That's right.
赢了拉里·伯德三场中的两次。
Beat Larry Bird two out of three.
没错,拉里。
That's right, Larry.
都对着镜头摆姿势。
All strike the camera.
没错,鸟人。
That's right, Birdman.
没错。
That's right.
在NBA和NCAA冠军赛中也是三局两胜。
And two out of three in the NBA and the NCAA championship too.
所以当你有
So when you have
让他上节目时,就把这段录像放给他看。
him on the show, you run this tape back to him.
你知道,让他看看魔术师其实赢了四场中的三场。
You know, let him see it that the magic man had three out of four.
四分之三。
Three out of four.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
四分之三,是因为大学的缘故。
Three out of four because of because of the college.
没错。
That's
对。
right.
谢谢您提到这一点。
So thank you for that.
我们几个月前请来了1980年冰球奇迹的少年米卡·鲁内齐,她出演了布鲁克斯。
We had Micah Ruzione from 1980 Miracle on Ice Teen, played her Brooks on a couple months ago.
这就是模式,迈克·泰森、阿科斯蒂马托、你自己、帕特·莱利、米卡·鲁内齐、她的布鲁克斯,都是同样的动态,一遍又一遍地重复。
And it's just the patterns, Mike Tyson, Acostimato, yourself, Pat Riley, Micah Ruzione, her Brooks, it's the same things over and over again, that dynamic.
这太有力量了。
It's just so powerful.
那我们能给你看第二个简短的片段吗?
So can we show you a second quick clip?
好的。
Okay.
嗯。
Yeah.
现在将是查克·戴利进入奥运会,集结了我认为有史以来最伟大的运动团队。
And this is gonna be now Chuck Daly stepping into the Olympics and bringing together the greatest, I believe, the greatest sports team ever assembled.
另外,篮球,我非常热爱。
And PS, basketball, I'm very integris.
篮球是我第三喜欢的运动。
Basketball is my third favorite sport.
你知道,我小时候打过一点篮球,但后来在高中时转去练摔跤了。
You know, played a little basketball growing up, but then I transitioned into wrestling in high school.
但我确实相信,当年我是尼克斯队的铁杆球迷,看着帕特里克·尤因,我认为这是史上在球场上集结的最伟大的运动团队。
But I do believe, I was a huge Knicks fan back in the day, Patrick Ewing, that this is the greatest sports team ever assembled on the court of of players.
我真心觉得,在任何运动中都从未见过这样的队伍。
I authentically in any sport ever believe that.
所以,请看。
So please.
我在比赛前刚和马特·约翰逊聊过。
I was talking to Matt Johnson just before the game.
他脸上有一种我很久没见到过的专注神情。
There was an intensity in his face that I hadn't seen in some time.
他们觉得自己对阵立陶宛时表现不错。
They thought they played well against Lithuania.
克罗地亚更强。
Croatia is better.
最后几秒。
Final seconds.
新的信任,带着那七次85分的机会。
The new entrust of with that seven chance at 85.
为你国家赢得胜利,感觉怎么样?
How'd that feel for you winning for your country?
那完全是上帝的安排,真的。
That was nothing but God, really.
你知道的。
You know?
我经历了一切,才得以站在那个舞台上,和那另外九位队友一起,那支队伍是唯一一支每个成员都入选篮球名人堂的球队。
All that I had been through to be able to be on that stage with those other nine guys who that team is the only team that every single guy is in the basketball Hall of Fame.
这太了不起了。
That's that's amazing.
没有哪支球队。
No team.
没有其他球队能声称这一点。
No other team can claim that.
太疯狂了。
Crazy.
对吧。
Right.
当我退出篮球界、已经退役后,还能重返赛场代表我的国家、代表NBA、代表美国,并且和两位我的偶像一起打球。
And so with me being out of basketball, have been retired to be able to come back represent my country, represent, you know, the NBA, United States, and then play with two of my heroes too.
这些家伙都是我的偶像,但在我的人生愿望清单上,我一直想和拉里和迈克尔一起打球,有机会和这两位一起比赛。
All of those guys are my heroes, but I always on my bucket list, I've always wanted to play with Larry and Michael and get a chance to play with both of those.
天哪。
Oh, guys.
我的天啊。
Oh my goodness.
我直接跪在地上哭了,感谢上帝为我打开了这扇门,让我能参加奥运会,而且确保了两件事发生了。
I just fell to my knees crying saying thank you to God for allowing me to open up that door for me to be able to play in the Olympics and just to make sure that see, two things happened.
对我来说,这不仅仅是为了金牌。
For me, it wasn't just about the gold medal.
更重要的是,我想向人们展示,即使你正在面对疾病,依然可以坚强并取得成功。
It was about also showing people that you can, be strong and still with something that you're dealing with ailment, you can still be successful in life.
而你现在正在向所有人展示这一点。
And so you're showing everybody right now.
你作为盲人,正在说:嘿。
You, with being blind, you're saying, hey.
我依然能成就伟大的事,而你正在做到。
I can still do great things, and you're doing it.
所以现在,你对许多观看这个节目的人,以及许多可能不看这个节目但偶然遇见你的人来说,都是英雄。
So right now, you're a hero to so many people who watch this show, but also so many people who might not watch this show who just meet you, just run into you.
你仅仅通过与人相遇,就能因为你的生命历程而永远改变他们的生活。
And you can change their life forever just by meeting you because of your walk in life.
因此,我在那个舞台上的生命历程改变了无数人的生活,告诉他们:如果你正在面对困难,你依然可以成功。
So my walk in life on that stage changed a lot of people's lives and said, hey, if you're dealing with something, you can still be successful.
即使我生活在艾滋病中,你依然可以达到最高的巅峰,赢得金牌。
You can reach the highest of the highest and win a gold medal despite me living with HIV.
看到了吗?
See?
这真是一件美好的事。
And so that's a beautiful thing.
是的。
Yeah.
谢谢你,魔术师约翰逊先生。
And and I thank you, mister Magic Johnson.
当时我在哥伦比亚大学,你知道的,正处于1992年前后成为队长或崭露头角的时期。
I was at Columbia University at the time, you know, becoming captain or great during that 1992 time frame.
那段时间对很多人来说都充满复杂和恐惧,而你面对这种带有负面污名的状况时所展现的韧性、力量与脆弱,令人深受鼓舞,你以极大的谦逊提出了一个理念。
And it was a complicated scary time in a lot of different ways for a lot of people, and the resiliency, the power, the vulnerability for dealing with something that had, you know, the negative stigma that it it was so inspiring and with great humility I just throw out a concept.
我相信上帝使万事互相效力,叫爱神的人得益处。
You know I believe that God makes all things work together for good.
我听到你提到了上帝。
I heard you reference God.
如果你没说,我也不会提,我坚信你所经历的这段旅程——为其中所有的痛苦与挑战深表遗憾——却给地球上无数人带来了难以置信的祝福,原因多达数百种。我真的非常感谢你,这无疑是美国历史上最鼓舞人心的时刻之一,我甚至认为也是世界历史上最鼓舞人心的时刻之一。
Wouldn't have said if you didn't, and I believe that that journey that you went through and I'm sorry for all the pain and challenges that would have surrounded it, was an unbelievable blessing for so many humans on this earth for hundreds of different reasons, but really I thank you, and that was one of the most inspiring moments in United States history, and truly I believe world history.
那支队伍里发生了什么,你个人当时经历了什么,那个时代的复杂性,谢谢你。
What happened in that team and what was going on personally for you and the complexities of the time and thank you.
让我们回到领导力的话题,查克·戴利是怎么把你们这些人凝聚在一起的?我的意思是,每个人都是名人堂级别的球员。
How did did Chuck Daly, just to move back into the leadership for a moment, how he put you guys together, I mean, Hall of Famer, every person.
这到底是怎么做到的?
How does that work?
因为这和赫布·布鲁克斯与迈克尔·鲁齐奥的情况完全不同,那时候那些家伙都还是年轻人,世界已经变了,他们本可以……他是怎么应对这一切的?
Because it's totally different than Herb Brooks and Michael Ruzione because all those guys were kids and the world changed and they could have How did he handle all that?
我听过你如此优美地称赞他。
And I've heard you compliment him so beautifully.
但你认为他做对了什么,才让这一切如此成功?
But what do you think he did so well to make all that work?
我认为查克是整个梦之队的缔造者,他选对了球员,选对了心态和态度。
Well, I think Chuck, I mean, the architect of this whole dream team, and him picking the right players with the right mindset and the right attitude.
一切都为了团队。
It was all about the team.
他在第一天就说了。
He he said day one.
天哪。
This is, oh, man.
太棒了。
Awesome.
当他走进更衣室时,他说:好了。
When he walked into the locker room, he said, alright.
你们都知道,你们不会得到和平时一样的出手机会。
You already know you're not gonna get the same shots that you normally get.
你们也不会得到和平时一样的上场时间。
You're not gonna get the same minutes.
你们中的大多数人平时上场四十分钟,或者更多。
Most of you play forty minutes or not.
你们在这支球队里连那个都别想接近。
You're not even gonna get close to that on this team.
你们大多数人明白,你们可能只能出手30次。
Most of you understand that you probably take 30 shots.
你们在自己的球队里可以出手20到30次。
You can take 20 to 30 shots on your team.
你们可能只能得到10次出手机会。
You might get 10 shots.
所以你们必须接受这一点。
So you have to be okay with that.
然后他说,迈克尔·乔丹将成为梦之队的队长。
And then he said Michael Jordan's gonna be the captain of the dream team.
迈克尔·乔丹站起来说,不。
Michael Jordan stood up and said, no.
我不配当梦之队的队长。
I don't deserve to be captain of the dream team.
拉里和魔术师应该担任梦之队的队长。
Larry and Magic should be captain of the Dream Team.
一切都改变了。
Everything changed.
哇。
Wow.
那时,每个人都必须把自我留在门外,来训练、努力拼搏,上场比赛时团结协作,彻底击败对手。
Everybody had to leave their ego at the door at that moment and come to practice, to work hard, come to the games to play as a team, and let's blow everybody out.
别忘了这一点。
And once Don't forget that.
我们就是这样做的,对吧?
And that's what we did, right?
我们上演了一场精彩表演。
We put a show on.
但让我来说说发生了什么。
But let me say this, what happened.
我们当时不知道自己会有这样的影响力。
We didn't know we had this type of effect.
我记得有一个球员犯规了迈克尔·乔丹,他在比赛中间都哭了起来。
I remember one guy fouled Michael Jordan, and he started crying in the middle of the game.
我简直不敢相信我犯规了迈克尔·乔丹。
I can't believe I fouled Michael Jordan.
天啊。
Oh my goodness.
而迈克尔坐在那里,我们所有人都坐在那里。
And Michael's sitting there, we're all sitting there.
天啊,他真的在哭,因为能犯规迈克尔·乔丹而高兴。
Man, he's really crying, happy that he fouled Michael.
我的意思是,我们当时并不理解梦之队的力量,这让我们真正明白了这些球员第一次与我们交手时的感受。
I mean, but we didn't understand the power of the dream team, and that allowed us to really understand what these guys were feeling playing against us and finally meeting us for the first time in their lives.
所以我们永远地改变了篮球。
So we changed basketball forever.
这就是为什么今天NBA有这么多国际球员,都是因为梦之队。
That's why there's so many international players into the NBA today because of the Dream Team.
是的。
Yeah.
我听到你说的是,谢谢,查克·戴利为每个人制定了非常明确的协议。
And what I'm hearing you say, received, thank you, is that Chuck Daly created just, like, really clear agreements with everybody.
没错。
That's right.
让正确的人坐在正确的位置上,大家都遵从了这一点。
Had the right mindset, had the right players on the right seats on the bus, and everybody went along with it.
有没有什么摩擦点或复杂时刻?还是整个过程都很顺利?
Any friction points, any complicated moments, or it all sort of was pretty smooth?
是的,整个过程都很顺利。
Yeah, it was smooth all the way.
查克·戴利是个直来直去的人,所以你很尊重他,对吧?
Chuck Daly was a straight shooter, so you respected that, right?
所以他进来会说,魔术,你今晚不首发。
And so he would come in and say, Magic, you're not going to start tonight.
约翰·斯托克顿,我得给他一些首发机会。
John Stockton, I've got to get him some starts.
所以他今晚会首发。
So he's going start tonight.
没问题。
No problem.
你看,当教练提前一天坦诚地告诉你时,你就明白了。
See, when a coach is straight up with you and tell you the day before, then you got it.
所以查克·戴利一直都很诚实。
So Chuck Daly was always honest.
他是最会穿衣的教练,他的西装简直无可挑剔。
He was the best dress coach because he could dress man, his suits were incredible.
他和帕特·莱利都是穿衣高手。
Him and Pat Riley were incredible dressers.
所以我们明白,他也会支持我们,因为一旦员工或下属明白CEO或总裁在背后支持他们,他们就会为他赴汤蹈火。
And so we understood that he had our backs, too, because leaders, once their employees or the people who work for them, once those people understand that the CEO or the president got their back, they'll go through a wall for him.
果然,我们会为戴利教练赴汤蹈火,今天我依然会为帕特·莱利赴汤蹈火,因为他总是让我处于能够成功的位置,而且他从不对我撒谎。
And sure enough, we will go through a wall for Coach Daly, and I will go through a wall still today for Pat Riley because of the fact he always put me in a position to be successful, and he never lied to me.
他总是对我讲真话。
He always told me the truth.
无论我表现优异还是糟糕,他都一直对我坦诚相待。
He was always honest with me, whether I played great or I didn't play great.
他始终如一。
And he was the same guy.
看,一个领导者每天都必须保持一致。
See, a leader has to be consistent every single day.
你就是这样的人,我也是这样的人。
And that's what you are, and that's what I am.
这就是为什么那么多人听你的播客、关注你,因为你始终如一。
That's why so many people listen to your podcast and follow you, because you're consistent.
而且,你提到的诚信,你确实具备。
And also, too, the integrity you talk about, well, you have it.
所以,这正是全部意义所在,对吧?
So that's what it's all about, right?
做真实的自己。
Just being who you are.
然后我们都明白自己的使命。
And then we both understand our purpose.
你看,上帝赋予了我们使命。
See, God gave us a purpose.
你正在践行你的使命,而我正在践行我的使命。
So you're living out your purpose, and I'm living out my purpose.
所以,就在两天前,我举办了玩具捐赠活动。
And that's why I had the toy drive just two days ago.
那些城市里的孩子本可能过不上一个美好的圣诞节,我通过为他们提供玩具,确保他们度过了一个快乐的圣诞节。
All those inner city kids who wouldn't have a great Christmas, I made sure they had a great Christmas by supplying toys to them.
感恩节的时候,我们也做了同样的事,确保他们有火鸡、鸡肉和干货等等。
And Thanksgiving, we did the same thing, making sure they had turkey and chicken and dry goods and on and on and on.
因为这就是我的使命。
Because that's my purpose.
所以这就是一切的意义所在。
And so that's what it's all about.
我刚有个想法。
I just had a quick thought.
我不确定这是否有帮助,或者是不是太晚了,但你们知道怎么处理额外的一万件玩具吗?
I'm not sure if this will be helpful, if it's too late or not, but would an extra would you know what to do with an extra 10,000 toys?
哦,我知道该怎么用它们。
Oh, I know what to do with them.
就是这样。
That's it.
所以我们打算再提供一万件玩具。
So we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna provide an extra 10,000 toys.
哦,
Oh,
天哪。
goodness.
天啊。
Man.
这真是一个祝福。
That's a blessing right there.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我总是知道该怎么处理玩具或食物,因为今天有太多需要帮助的人。
I always know what to do with toys or food because there's so many people in need today.
而美妙的是,你和我所蒙的恩典远远超出了我们曾经以为自己会达到的地步,我的
And you know what's beautiful is the fact that you and I are blessed beyond We probably never thought we'd be in the position that we're My
我小时候,妈妈在泽西城推着热狗车。
mom pushed a hot dog cart in Jersey City when I was a kid.
我父母在学校食堂工作,所以我们懂。
And mine worked at the school cafeteria, so we understand.
但我们现在在这里。
But here we are.
他们都为我们感到骄傲。
They all are proud of us.
家人、我们的父母都为我们所做的一切和我们成为的人感到骄傲。
Families, our parents are proud of what we're doing and what we have become.
阿门。
Amen.
最后几分钟,你接下来打算做什么?
Final couple of minutes here is what do you do from here?
接下来会发生什么?
What happens?
如果你能再活一百年,而且奇迹发生了。
You you have the blessing of living another hundred years on earth and a miracle happens.
你拥有所有这些时间。
You have all that time.
从今天到那一天之间,还会发生什么对你来说重要的事?
Between this day and that final day what more happens for you?
如果你仔细想想,你希望被人铭记的是什么?
And if you think about it, what would you want to be remembered for?
我会因为我在球场之外所造成的影响而被铭记。
I'm going be remembered for really the impact that I made off the court.
还有,我为人们提供的工作机会,以及我们提供的超过一万份少数族裔学生奖学金。
And, you know, the jobs that I've given people, the scholarships we've given over 10,000 minuteority student scholarships.
他们中的很多人成绩达标,但却没有经济能力去上学。
A lot of them have the grades to go, but don't have the financial means to go.
我们在最贫困的社区建立的技术中心,让孩子们能够接触到电脑。
The technology centers that we build in the poorest neighborhoods that kids can have access to a computer.
你知道吗?
You know?
我可以继续说下去。
I can keep going.
这些才是我会被记住的事情,也是我希望被记住的原因。
Those are the things that I'll be remembered for and I wanna be remembered for.
并不是其他所有事情。
It's not everything else.
总会有球员赢得篮球冠军,或者成为MVP。
There there's always gonna be guys winning championships in basketball or, you know, guys being MVP.
但真正影响人们的生活,让他们明白自己需要帮助,而你就在那里给予帮助、拥抱他们、与他们击掌,这才是我希望被记住的。
But the impact in people's lives to understand that they need help, and you're there to help them, you're there to hug them, high five them, That's what I want to be remembered for.
最后但同样重要的是,我始终以正确的方式做事,从不欺骗任何人。
And, last but not least, that I did everything the right way, you know, and that I never cheated somebody.
我从不拒绝孩子们或想要我照片或签名的人,我总是尽力满足他们。
I never, you know, kids and people who want my picture or autograph, I try to accommodate them always.
所以,你知道的,这就是我。
And so, you know, that's who I am.
我长得像我的母亲和父亲。
I'm built like my mother and my father.
我母亲乐于回馈,她教会我们如何回馈,如何帮助邻人。
My mother gave back, and she taught us how to give back and to help thy neighbor.
因此,我从她身上继承了这种品质,还有她的微笑。
And so I got that in me from her and her smile.
而我的工作态度、力量和坚韧则来自我的父亲。
And then I got my work ethic and my strength and my toughness from my father.
所以,这是一种美好的结合。
And so that's a beautiful combination.
他们俩都教导我们要爱主,确保我们回馈社会、帮助他人。
And they both taught us to love the Lord and to make sure that we give back and help.
所以,一切都未曾改变。
And so nothing has changed.
所以我还是那个人。
So I'm still that guy.
我很高兴娶了一个也相信这一点的人。
And I'm glad I married somebody who also believes in that too.
可可也相信回馈社会,为我们的国家带来改变。
Cookie believes in that as well, giving back and affecting change across this country of ours.
嗯,约翰逊先生。
Well, Mr.
魔术师约翰逊,我希望这并不是了解您、您的使命、您的目标、教育和科技的开端的结束,我读过关于这一切的所有内容。
Magic Johnson, I hope this is not the end of the beginning in researching about you, your mission, your purpose, education, technology, I read all about it.
我们是一家人工智能公司。
We have an AI company.
我并不是在请求什么,而是想提供价值,提供价值,再提供价值,因为您在各处都打开了大门,我们希望改变世界。
I'm not asking for anything, but I want to give value, give value, give value because you open doors everywhere, and we want to change the world.
我们希望解决那些巨大且长期未被解决的问题,我无法表达有多感激您赐予我们荣幸,让您的莅临、您的卓越、您的身份、您身份的力量照亮了我们。
We want to solve problems that are enormous, have been unsolved, so I can't tell you how grateful I am that you blessed us and honored us with your presence, your mastery, your identity, the power of your identity.
我不糊涂。
I am not confused.
谢谢你把这件事带到肖恩·卡利根的《布兰迪》播客中。
Thank you for bringing that to the Sean Calligan Blondie podcast.
愿上帝保佑你,希望你心中所有为他人改变生活而怀有的梦想——那么多的梦想——都能成真。
May God bless you, and I hope every single dream you still have, which are so many for people and changing lives, comes true.
圣诞快乐,谢谢您,先生。
Merry Christmas, and thank you, sir.
嗯,圣诞快乐。
Well, Merry Christmas.
也谢谢你。
Thank you too.
致所有听众,节日快乐。
To everybody out there, happy holidays.
听着,对于一个成功的人来说,仍然愿意说‘我想帮助这个世界’,这并不容易。
And, listen, you you you know, it's hard for a successful person to still be willing to say, I wanna help the world.
我来参加这个节目,做了很多关于你的研究,了解了这个节目的内容,因为我很少参加播客。
And for me to come on this show, doing my research on you and what the show was all about, because I don't do a lot of podcasts.
我知道。
I know.
我希望他们已经告诉过你了。
I hope they told you that.
他们说了。
They did.
我之所以参加这期节目,唯一的原因是我们之间的对话不仅仅关于领导力。
The only reason I'm doing this one is because our conversation wasn't just about leadership.
它关乎主,关乎上帝。
It's about the Lord, about God.
它关乎回馈。
It's about giving back.
这就是我来的理由,因为你这个人。
And that's that's why I came because the man that you are.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。