本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
汤姆·布雷迪并没有以全败开局。
Tom Brady did not start winless.
高中新生橄榄球队。
Freshman high school football team.
第六轮快结束了,我当时想,我不知道自己会不会有出路。
Sixth round is getting to the very end, and I'm like, I don't know if I'm gonna go anywhere.
你知道吗,也许我不得不放弃打橄榄球了。
You know, maybe I'm gonna have to not play football anymore.
也许我得像我爸爸那样去卖保险。
Maybe I have to be go sell insurance like my dad.
我第一次大学传球就扔给了加州大学洛杉矶分校的中线卫,他直接冲了45码,未被拦截,达阵得分。
I throw it to the middle linebacker for UCLA who goes 45 yards untouched, interception return for a touchdown on my very first college pass.
我在身体上发育得很晚,但我有一些非体力上的优势。
I was very much a late bloomer physically, but there were some intangibles that I had.
像这样的情况,对孩子们来说并不正常。
Like, that's not normal for kids.
当然,我会去打大学橄榄球,因为那就是我想做的事。
And, of course, I'm gonna play in college because that's what I wanna do.
比如,我为什么不呢?
Like, why would I not?
然后我就想,好吧。
And then it was like, okay.
现在我要去打职业橄榄球了。
Well, now I'm gonna go play pro football.
当然,我会去打职业橄榄球。
Of course, I'm gonna play pro football.
比如,我为什么不呢?
Like, why would I not?
如果你挑战极限,尝试做非常困难的事情,你一定会失败。
If you push the limits and you try to do things that are very challenging, you're gonna fail.
我认为真正的对手是我自己。
I think the competition is me versus me.
今天是我自己与过去的我的较量。
It's myself today versus the version of
欢迎收听肖恩·卡兰汉的盲视播客。
Welcome to the Sean Callaghan Blinded Podcast.
我们帮助人们看清自己在财务富足、时间、自由、魔力和影响力方面尚未意识到的成长。
We support people in seeing what they don't see about growing their financial abundance, time, freedom, magic, and impact in the world.
我们带来了本节目迄今为止最精彩的一集——关于卡利与盲视的播客。
And we have the greatest episode yet of the show on Cali and Blindness podcast.
也许永远不会再有超越这一集的嘉宾了。
Maybe never be surpassed with who.
我想妮可·梅洛将为我们介绍这位非凡、卓越的嘉宾。
Think Nicole Myello is going introduce the incredible, masterful Who.
想象一下,汤姆·布雷迪在第199顺位被选中,被忽视、被低估,但他走上球场时,并非天选之子,而是一个被看衰的弱者。
Imagine this, Tom Brady, drafted one hundred and ninety ninth, overlooked and underestimated, steps out onto the field not as a chosen one, but as an underdog.
他的故事呼应了那些伟大人物在怀疑的阴影中淬炼成形的古老传说。
His story echoing the ancient tales where greatness is forged in the shadows of doubt.
他不仅赢得了七个超级碗,更彻底打破了极限的定义。
He didn't just win seven Super Bowls, he shattered the very idea of limits.
当迈克尔·乔丹、科比·布莱恩特和魔术师约翰逊与他们标志性的教练并肩作战时,布雷迪却做了件不可思议的事。
While Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Magic Johnson shared with their iconic coaches, Brady did the unthinkable.
他离开了自己一手打造的王朝,加入一支新球队、一座新城市,并再次征服了全新的体系。
He left the dynasty he built with a new team, new city, a new system he conquered again.
这不仅仅是体育。
That's not just sports.
这就像奥德修斯离开伊萨卡,归来时已拥有了新的王国。
That's Odysseus leaving Ithaca and returning with new kingdoms.
布雷迪非凡的独特之处,不仅在于他的臂力,更在于他永不言弃的心志、对成长的执着,以及他在球场上、商业中和回馈社会时激励身边每一个人的能力。
Brady's heroic unique identity is not just in his arm, but in his relentless heart, his obsession with growth and his ability to elevate everyone around him on the field, in business and in giving back.
他是活生生的证明:真正的遗产不在于你从哪里开始,而在于你如何将每一次挫折化为垫脚石,将每一份怀疑转化为命运。
He is the living proof that legacy isn't about where you start, but how you transform every setback into a stepping stone, every doubt into destiny.
让我们欢迎来到《肖恩·卡兰格盲人播客》的嘉宾,他不仅是史上最伟大的橄榄球运动员,更是体育史上最具影响力的运动员与领袖之一。
So let's welcome to the Sean Calgan Blinded Podcast, not only the greatest football player of all time, but arguably the greatest athlete and leader in sports history.
唯一无二的汤姆·布雷迪。
The one, the only Tom Brady.
哇。
Wow.
先生。
Mr.
布雷迪先生,谢谢
Brady, thank
你。
you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
所以
So
那太棒了,而且
That was amazing, by the And
我认为这完全准确且恰当。
I think completely accurate and appropriate.
我本不指望你会这么说,但我确实相信这一点。
I wouldn't expect you to say that, but I do believe that.
所以在我们开始之前,我开玩笑说我对这个非凡的地方感到无比失望。
So before we started, I joked about my incredible disappointment in this remarkable place.
你们今天在拉斯维加斯正式推出的这张卡片金库。
The card vault that you're launching here in Las Vegas literally today.
再次,有您在这里是一种莫大的荣誉和荣幸。
And again, it's such an honor and privilege to have you here.
但我真的很难过,因为我的喷气机队在整个店里只有一张卡片,连头盔都没有。
But I'm so crushed that my jets have like one card in the entire store and no helmet here.
所以这是一个一生中一直折磨我的人。
So this is a man who's tortured me throughout my life.
事实上,我曾经强烈地反对你。
And the truth is that I used to root against you vehemently.
但随着我逐渐成熟,开始理解何为精通,我受到了启发。
And then as I matured and I began to understand mastery, I was inspired.
我被引领着。
I was led.
当你前往坦帕湾并完成转变时,我发自内心和灵魂深处为你加油,希望你能做到你所做到的一切。
And when you went to Tampa Bay and the transition occurred, I rooted for you so deeply in my heart and soul to do what you did.
是的,我对你的成就感到无比震撼。
And yeah, and I was blown away by what you created.
24岁就赢得你的第一个冠军,43岁仍奋战在赛场。
24 years old, winning your first championship, 43 to last.
再次感谢您,先生。
Thank you again, Mr.
布拉迪。
Brady.
当你身处自己的店铺中,感受到你以各种方式产生的影响时,你有什么感受?
And how do you feel about being in your store and the impact you're creating in all these different ways?
今天你心中最想分享的是什么?
What's on your heart and mind today, please?
非常感谢你的介绍。
Thank you so much for the introduction.
能够来到这里与你们交谈,对我来说是一次非常独特的机遇。
And it's such a unique opportunity for me to be here and talking to you.
我们每个人都有独特的旅程,这些旅程让我们在生活和事业中抵达某些地方,并以不同方式与他人建立联系。
And We all have our unique journeys that allow us to get to certain places in our life and our career and to connect with people in different ways.
我曾在球场上以一种方式做到这一点,我想人们每周六日通过电视屏幕都能看到。
I was able to do that in one way on the football field and I think people could see that on the television screen every weekend.
我对这项运动的热爱,对队友的热爱。
My love of the game, my love of the teammates.
而现在,当你进入人生的另一个阶段,不再佩戴头盔、不再始终与一支球队紧密相连时,我能够更多地走进社区,希望以多种方式带来积极的改变和影响。
And now, when you transition to another part of your life where I'm not wearing the helmet and really engaged with one team all the time, I'm able to be out there in the community more often and hopefully making a positive difference and impact in a lot of different ways.
我还在电视上担任播音员的工作。
And I do it on television, in a broadcasting role.
我通过各种演讲活动来做这件事。
I do it with different speaking engagements.
我通过像Card Vault这样的企业与人们建立联系,这些人不仅仅是足球迷,更是体育爱好者、社区支持者,以及那些激励你去追求不同目标的人。
I do it through businesses like Card Vault where we can connect with people that weren't just football fans but are fans of sports, fans of community, fans of people that inspire you to do different things.
我之所以能走到今天这个人生阶段,是因为那些进入我生命并积极影响我的人。
And I'm only at this place in my life because of the people that came into my life and impacted me in a positive way.
在我的人生旅程中,我从许多人身上学到了很多,我只是想回报那些一直支持我的人。
I've learned from so many people on my journey and I just want to give back to the people that have committed to me.
如果我能继续激励人们追求他们的目标和梦想,那将是一个伟大的人生遗产。
And hopefully if I can continue to inspire people to reach for their goals and their dreams, well, that's a great legacy to live.
阿门。
Amen.
所以,先生。
And so, Mr.
布雷迪,我们经常关注的一件事是
Brady, one of the things that we lean into
别叫我先生。
Can't call me Mr.
叫我布雷迪就行。
Brady anymore.
好的。
Okay.
请叫我汤姆。
Tom, please.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我绝不会对一个身份如此重要的人妄加揣测。
Well, I would never take somebody whose identity is that large and presume anything.
所以谢谢你。
So thank you.
你真慷慨。
That's gracious of you.
所以我们在《无偏见》播客中经常讨论的一个概念是我们所说的实现。
So one of the things we cover a lot on the unblinded podcast is the concept of what we call actualization.
咨询、告诉人们该做什么、培训和辅导的结合。
The combination of consulting, telling people what to do training and coaching.
先生。
Mr.
宫城对丹尼尔桑所做的。
Miyagi did for Daniel san.
赫布·布鲁克斯为那支令人惊叹的奇迹冰球队,以及迈克·泰森的私人教练所做的。
What Herb Brooks did for of course the amazing miracle nice team, Mike Tyson custom auto.
当然,你刚刚提到的这些人,都对你产生了影响。
And of course you have all these folks you've just noted that had this impact on you.
我会做深入的研究。
I do deep research.
我会为这样难得的机会做好充分准备。
I get very prepared for the privilege of a moment like this.
我知道你父亲就是这样的人,当然。
And I know your dad was one of those people, course.
还有贝利奇克教练和其他许多人。
And coach Belichick and many others.
但如果我们从这里开始,你现在如何看待这段旅程?与你当年作为密歇根大学球员初入NFL时的看法相比,有什么不同吗?
But if we would start there, what do you see now about that journey that's maybe different than what you saw as a team, college player at Michigan coming to the NFL?
不,请说。
No, please.
我认为拥有一个广阔的视角在人生中是非常宝贵的,它能让你看清自己所处的位置。
I think perspective is an amazing thing to have in your life to look at where you're at.
当你回望人生中不同的经历,以及那些走进你生命的人,思考他们如何影响了你,你就会意识到,没有他人的帮助,你永远无法成就任何有意义的事情。
And then when you reflect back on the different experiences of your life and the people that came into your life and how they impacted you and how you realize that you could never accomplish things in life of significance without the help of other people.
我觉得自己非常幸运,能够加入如此优秀的团队。
And I feel like I've been so fortunate to be on great teams.
我拥有一群出色的队友,他们每天都在激励我,让我坚持一种非常独特的责任感标准。
And I've had great teammates that push me every day to hold myself to a standard of accountability that has been very unique.
我知道责任感至关重要,因为当你每天醒来,怀有明确的目标,并且身边都是充满雄心的人时,我唯一的动力就是:如何不辜负那些依赖我的人?
And I know that accountability is so important because when you wake up every day and you have great purpose and you're around other people who have great ambition, my only motivation was how do I not let the people down that are counting on me?
当一切顺利时,当这种责任感体现在足球场上,那就是你的教练、队友、整个组织、所有球迷以及你的家人。
And when it was easy, when it translated into football, that's your coaches, your teammates, the whole organization, all your fans, your family.
你球衣背面的名字代表你的家族,而球衣正面的名字则代表你所在的城市、你所属的社区以及你效力的球队。
You have a name on the back of your jersey that you represent which is your family name and you have a name on the front of your jersey which represents the town you're in, the community that you're a part of and the team that you play for.
在漫长的时间里,没有任何事情改变过我的动力。
And there's nothing that ever changed my motivation over a period of time.
事实上,由于我在职业生涯早期就取得了成功,我意识到这正是我唯一需要的动力。
And in fact, because I had success in my professional career at an early point in my life, I realized that that was the only motivation that I ever needed.
这与合同无关。
It wasn't about a contract.
这与任何物质的东西无关。
It wasn't about anything material.
这与名声无关。
It wasn't about fame.
我只是不想让身边的其他人失望?
It was just how do I not let the other guys around me down?
我该如何以最好的方式代表我的家人?
And how can I represent my family in the best possible way?
在我的整个职业生涯中,我都秉持着这种态度。
And I took that approach throughout my playing career.
在我退役后的生活里,我也秉持着这种态度。
I take that approach in my life beyond my playing career too.
对于我所承诺的事情,我都希望做到出色。
And the things that I commit to, I want to do a great job.
我希望在这些时刻全身心投入,保持专注,每天出去都告诉自己:好吧,今天我该如何做到最好?
I want to commit my full self in those moments to be very present and to go out every day and try to say, Okay, well, this is how I can do my best today.
进入我生命中的人,我非常幸运能遇到一些最酷的人,他们有着独特而丰富的成长经历。我观察他们的人生经历,以及他们如何引导我,教会我那些如果没有他们,我永远都不会知道的事情。
And The people that came into my life, and I'm very fortunate to have met some of the coolest people that have the most unique upbringings and unique life, and I look at the things that have happened in their life and how they mentored me to teach me things that I never would have known had they not been in my life.
现在我也能遇见其他人,并产生影响。
And now I get to meet other people and I get to make an impact.
无论是播客、演讲活动、公开亮相,还是像我们这里的Card Vault商店这样,将我认识的许多了不起的人聚集在一起,让他们能连接到某种东西。
So whether it's a podcast, whether it's a speaking engagement, a speaking appearance, whether it's something like our Card Vault store here that brings together so many amazing people that I've met that want to be connected to something.
这与我本人非常契合,因为正是集换卡片让我与童年时 neighborhood 的孩子们联系在一起。
And this is so authentic to who I am because this is what connected me to all the kids in my neighborhood growing up, was trading cards.
我们会交换卡片。
And we would swap cards.
这在我们成长过程中是生活的重要部分。
It was a big part of our life growing up.
我意识到,这项爱好对我职业足球生涯所产生的影响。
And I realized the impact that this hobby made in my professional football career.
所以现在,我能去影响他人,前往不同城市,为不同城市的比赛做解说,我看到我们所造成的影响已经扩展到了更广阔的范围。
So it's like, now I get to impact and travel around to different cities, broadcast games in different cities, and I just see the impact that we made on a much more of a far reaching scale.
感谢你所做的一切以及你仍在继续做的事情。
Thank you for that and for all that you have done and continue to do.
我也祝你在今天拉斯维加斯开业的CardVault事业一切顺利。
And I wish you all the best with CardVault as Las Vegas opens up today.
是的。
Yeah.
我们就像在金库里面闲逛一样。
And we're in the vault like hanging out.
你小时候在家,父亲教了你哪些道理?
Growing up, your dad home, what were the lessons that were there?
这些又是如何与你在密歇根的经历融合在一起的呢?
How did that sort of merge into what happens, you know, at Michigan?
然后我们会谈到贝利奇克教练以及为他人服务的理念。
And then we'll come up to coach Belichick and in service of people.
我经常想到的框架,就是《空手道小子》里丹尼尔对先生失去信任的那个时刻。
And this is sort of the frame I come from very often is the moment in the Karate Kid where Daniel loses trust for Mr.
宫城,他满心善意,却让迈克以为宫城在利用他达到自己的目的。
Miyagi who has nothing but the best of intentions and believes that Mr.
宫城在利用他达到自己的目的。
Miyagi is using him for his own devices.
是的。
Yeah.
我曾就定制汽车这个问题问过迈克·泰森,我感到非常震惊。
I asked this question of Mike Tyson about custom auto and I was shocked.
迈克·泰森说,他从未对定制汽车失去过信念和信任。
Mike Tyson said he never lost belief and trust in custom auto.
这是我第一次听到有人如此深入地谈论这个话题。
I was the first time I've ever heard any human say that went deep on
它。
it.
哇。
Wow.
你成长过程中感觉怎么样?
How was that for you growing up?
我认识你爸爸。
I know your dad.
认识,认识希科什·比尔契克。
Know, know Shikosh Belichick.
在你赢得第一个超级碗之前,那些成长岁月里是什么样子的?
What that looked like in the formative years before you win the first Super Bowl?
我是四个孩子中最小的,有三个姐姐,她们都对我的人生影响深远。
So I was the youngest of four kids, three older sisters, All hugely impactful in my life.
小时候,我意识到家庭的重要性,以及它在我早期运动生涯和童年起伏中给予我的稳定感。
And as a kid, to realize the importance of family and the stability that it gave me through the ups and downs of my early athletic career, of my early childhood.
我的父母对我所做的一切都非常支持。
My parents were so supportive of everything I did.
我只是个普通的美国孩子,热爱运动,只想打球。
I was just like the normal American kid that just loved sports and wanted to play.
我有这样一对父母,他们对我始终充满坚定的信心,即使我自己都没有信心的时候。
And then I had this mom and dad that was like an unrelenting confidence that they had in myself, even when I didn't have it.
我在足球方面算是大器晚成。
And I was kind of a late bloomer to football.
我直到上高中才真正开始踢球。
I didn't really start playing until high school.
我小时候和朋友们在街上玩,那时旧金山49人队是一支伟大的球队,让我爱上了这项运动,但我同时也热爱棒球。
I played on the street with my friends and the San Francisco 49ers was such a great team growing up that I love the sport, but I also love baseball.
我热爱足球。
I love soccer.
我热爱高尔夫。
I love golf.
当我高中开始踢足球时,我们队并不强。
And when I started playing football in high school, we weren't very good.
从高中一年级到二年级,我逐渐爱上了这项运动。
And as I fell in love with the game through my freshman year in high school, my sophomore year.
我有个关于‘是’的简单问题。
I have one quick question on Yes.
那么,你在基因上有多天赋异禀呢?
So how gifted or not were you uniquely genetically?
不太有天赋。
Not very gifted.
不太有天赋。
Not very gifted.
我在身体发育上是个晚熟的人,但我有一些独特的无形特质,我想把我的竞争力、工作 ethic 和动力归功于自己,但我觉得这些特质是我与生俱来的。
I was very much a late bloomer physically, but there were some intangibles that I had that I think were very unique that I would like to try to take credit for my competitiveness and for my work ethic and for my desire, but I think those I was born with those.
就像你不会为自己的身高而自豪。
Like, you don't take credit for your height.
你也不会为自己的眼睛颜色而自豪。
You don't take credit for your eye color.
我认为你体内还有一些其他东西,比如我们通常认为意志力、决心或自律是后天培养的,或许在一定程度上是这样,但我认为我在这些方面有着很强的先天基础,只是当时可能没人能察觉到。
I think there's other things within you that maybe we think about willpower, determination or discipline as something that is nurtured in us, maybe to a degree, but I think there's a pretty strong baseline I had in those areas that maybe people couldn't recognize then.
我总是记得,五年级时我去健身房跳绳和做俯卧撑,这对孩子来说并不正常。
I always remember when I was in fifth grade, was going to the gym doing jump rope and push ups and That's sit not normal for kids.
所以我非常幸运,出生在了我这样的家庭。
So I was very blessed just being born in the family I was born into.
我父母培养了我良好的工作 ethic,以及对家庭和彼此的承诺,这给了我坚实的基础。
I was cultivated by a great work ethic by my parents and a commitment to family, and a commitment to one another that gave me such a great foundation.
因此,当我进入体育生涯时,我是个晚熟者,不如其他球员。
So I go into my athletic career, and I'm a late bloomer, I'm not as good as the other players.
我甚至不如我队友中的孩子们。
I'm not as good as the kids on my own team.
我不如那些……
I'm not as good as the So guys in the
你不是高中橄榄球队里最出色的球员吗?
you were not the best player in a high school football team?
不是,我花了好一段时间才达到那个水平。
No, it took me a while to get there.
我大一那年,是球队的替补四分卫,那支球队一场都没赢过。
My first year, I was the backup quarterback on a team that didn't win a game.
他们甚至没让我上场打过一场比赛,几乎没给我出场机会,而我们的球队也从未赢过。
Didn't even start me in a game, barely played me, and our team never won.
所以我表现得太差了,连一支赢不了比赛的球队都不愿意让我上场。
So I was so shitty, they didn't wanna play me on a team where we couldn't win a game.
我当时处于最低谷。
I was starting at the very, very, very bottom.
这是在你的新生队吗?
And this is on your freshman team?
我的新生队。
My freshman team.
哇。
Wow.
所以到了第二年,我尝试参加高中二年级的选拔。
So my second year, I try out for junior.
所以汤姆·布雷迪并没有在新生赛季首发。
So Tom Brady did not start No.
这个,我不是,我做了很多准备工作。
This, didn't I I did a lot of prep work.
我没找到这个。
I didn't find that.
他没有在高中新生橄榄球队首发。
Did not start on his freshman high school football team.
一支全年未赢一场的高中新生橄榄球队。
A winless freshman high school football team.
这是我最喜欢的、还没了解到的事实。
This is my favorite fact I haven't learned yet.
是的。
Yeah.
所以到了第二年,我进入了预备队首发,因为原本的新生首发四分卫、我的朋友凯文·克里斯托菲克退出了橄榄球。
So I go to my second year, and I start on the junior varsity team because the guy who was a starting freshman quarterback, my friend Kevin Kristofiak, he quit football.
他说:‘我不踢足球了。’
He's like, I'm not playing football.
我们太差了。
We stink.
所以我直接升到了首发位置,纯属偶然。
I'm gonna So play I elevated to the starter position just by happenstance.
我确实进步了很多,但第二年我们球队依然不算强。
I really got improved and got better, but we still weren't a great team my second year.
但我开始爱上这项运动了。
But I was falling in love with the game.
我遇到了一些教练,他们真正培养了我对这项运动的热爱。
I had coaches that really cultivated the love of the sport in me.
我的父母也很支持我,他们夏天带我去参加训练营,帮助我成长。
I had parents that were supportive, that wanted to facilitate my growth by bringing me to camps in the summertime.
我当时就想:嘿,我真的超爱橄榄球。
I was like, Hey, I really love football.
我爸爸说:‘咱们去圣马特奥学院的夏令营吧。’
My dad was like, Hey, let's go up to this camp at the College of San Mateo.
那里有一位名叫汤姆·马丁内斯的橄榄球教练,愿他安息。
There was a football coach up there named Tom Martinez, God rest his soul.
他大约在2012年去世了。
He passed away in about 2012.
他很喜欢我,因为他看到了我的敬业精神,说:‘这孩子真有潜力,进步空间很大。’
He took a liking to me because he saw my work ethic and said, God, can work with this kid and he can improve a lot.
所以到了我的三年级,我的水平提高了很多。
So I go into my junior year, much improved.
我的身体也在逐渐发育成熟。
I was growing into my body.
我三年级那年,我们球队表现不错。
We were a decent team my junior year.
我记得是六胜四负。
I think six wins, four losses.
到了高三,我又经历了类似的一年,但我仍然不如湾区长大的很多其他孩子出色。
And I go into my senior year and had another similar type year, but I still wasn't as good as a lot of the other kids in the Bay Area where I grew up.
那里是体育人才的温床。
Which is a hotbed of athletic talent
是的,在全国范围内,棒球也很强。
Yeah, in the country and it's good in baseball.
小时候,我的棒球水平其实比足球还要好。
Was actually a better baseball player growing up than I was a football player.
打棒球对我来说更自然。
Much more natural as a baseball player.
但我热爱橄榄球。
But I loved football.
我热爱团队合作。
I loved the teamwork.
我热爱团队情谊。
I loved the camaraderie.
我热爱参与这种团队运动,因为橄榄球就像一支交响乐团。
I loved just being involved in this team sport because football is like an orchestra.
有太多需要配合的环节,每个人都有自己的角色。
There's so many moving parts and everybody plays a role.
你不能做别人该做的角色,因为你自己的工作同样至关重要。
And you can't play a role that someone else is playing because you have a very important job yourself.
我是四分卫。
I'm a quarterback.
我不能接球。
I can't catch the ball.
我不能阻挡对手。
I can't block people.
我不能擒抱对手。
I can't tackle people.
我只需要做好自己的本职工作,同时信赖队友们也出色地完成他们的任务,我们才能取得成功。
I just have to do my job well and I have to count on my teammates to do their job well in order for us to be successful.
因此,由于我在第一年没有上场,有了这样的视角,当我作为大四学生和队长上场时,我对这项运动充满了热爱,因为我享受与队友们一起竞争的感觉。
So because I had perspective from my first year where I didn't play, when I was playing as a fourth year player and a senior, I had so much love of the game because I loved being out there competing with my teammates.
哇。
Wow.
那么,你带着这样的背景是如何来到密歇根大学的呢?
So how do you get to Michigan with sort of this background?
比如?
Like?
那整个过程是什么样的?
What does that all look like?
当时在圣玛丽学院有一个地区性选拔联合试训。
There was a regional scouting combine at St.
圣玛丽学院位于莫拉加,也在湾区的东湾地区。
Mary's College in Moraga, and it's also in the Bay Area in the East Bay.
我开车去了那里,因为那时还没有数字时代,你需要让其他教练对你有所了解。
And I drove over there because you wanted to gain some awareness by these other coaches, and it wasn't the digital age at that time.
那时人们必须通过想象和亲眼看到你,所以你会参加这些地区性的训练营,在营里展示自己的表现,然后这些表现会被写进一些小小的球探手册里。
It was just had people had to visualize you and see you, so you would go to these regional camps, and you would perform in these camps, and there would be write ups that would go in these little scouting booklets.
在参加了我第一次的综合测评之后,你投掷球并展示一些技能,教练们就开始来招募你了。
And after that first combine that I went to where you throw the ball and you show off some of your skills, well these coaches start to recruit you.
于是我开始收到不同学校寄来的招募信,我和我爸爸制作了我高中三年级赛季的精彩集锦录像带,并寄给了各所大学。
So I would start getting these recruiting letters from different places, and my dad and I made some cassette tapes of my highlights from my junior season and we sent them out to colleges.
我们做了50盘。
We made 50 of them.
我寄了一盘给密歇根大学。
And one of the tapes I sent to the University of Michigan.
于是他们收到了那盘录像带。
So they get the tape.
他们也看到了一些来自我参加的地区性综合测评的评价材料。
They also see some of these write ups that are coming from me, from these regional combines that I did.
我想说我当时只是被轻微地招募。
And I would say I got lightly recruited.
这并不是那种全美各队都争相招募我的大规模招募。
It wasn't this heavy recruitment where every team in the country wanted me.
有一些球队对我感兴趣,比如加州大学伯克利分校给了我奖学金。
There were teams that were interested, like Cal Berkeley offered me a scholarship.
我确实认真考虑过上加州大学伯克利分校。
I was really considering going to Cal Berkeley.
伊利诺伊大学也给了我奖学金。
And University of Illinois offered me a scholarship.
我真正想去的学校是南加州大学,但他们并不想要我。
The school I really wanted to go to was USC, but they didn't want me.
当时还有一个叫约翰·福克斯的男孩,他是西海岸评分最高的四分卫,他们想要他,他就去了。
There was another kid by the name of John Fox who was the top rated quarterback on the West Coast that they wanted, and he went there.
所以密歇根大学在1995年
So Michigan in the '95
而随着竞争的加剧和成长的开始,你对此感觉如何?
And with came the competitiveness and the evolution beginning, how did you feel about that?
你是说,你当时内心怎么样?
Like, you were you inside?
是不是在燃烧?
Was it burning?
我稍微读了一些关于选秀发生时的情况,以及你几年后的感受。
And I I read a little bit about when the draft was happening and how you feel a couple years later.
是的。
Yeah.
在这个大学申请过程中,还有像约翰·福克斯和南加州大学不感兴趣这些事,你感觉如何?
How are you feeling in this college process and about things like John Fox and USC not being interested?
这些事对你来说意味着什么?
How was that landing on you?
它们在你内心引发了什么?
And what was it causing inside?
我生活中可能还有另一个祝福,那就是我对自己的能力有一种非常天真的自信。
I always had maybe another blessing in my life was I had maybe a very naive confidence in myself.
这种自信并没有坚实的基础。
It wasn't a well founded confidence.
我一生中做过不少事情,因此在足球方面非常自信。
I had done enough things in my life to be really uber confident in football.
我们其实并不那么厉害。
We weren't that good.
我是个大器晚成的人。
I was a late bloomer.
我有一定的体型优势。
I had some size.
我臂力不错。
I had a good arm.
但我并没有稳定地表现出色。
But I didn't perform consistently well.
我投出过很多好球,但也犯过不少错误。
I made a lot of good throws, but I made some bad ones, too.
但我内心一直觉得,我会找到解决办法的。
But I always in some ways in my mind felt like, well, I'm gonna figure it out.
我会继续前进。
I'm gonna keep going.
当然,我会上大学打球,因为那是我想做的事。
Of course, I'm gonna play in college because that's what I wanna do.
我为什么不呢?
Why would I not?
我想打球。
I I wanna play.
总会有一支球队想要我的。
There's gonna be a team that wants me.
密歇根大学最终给了我一份奖学金,我觉得这几乎是不可能的。
So Michigan ends up offering me a scholarship, which I thought was a long shot.
我有点惊讶。
And I was a bit surprised.
我去那里参观后,真的爱上了这所学校。
I took my visit there, really fell in love with the school.
某种程度上,我选择密歇根大学是因为它通往成功的道路最艰难。
And I kind of, in a way, chose Michigan because it was the toughest path to success.
我选择了一个竞争激烈的地方,因为我一直认为,如果我想成为最优秀的,就必须战胜最优秀的人。
And I chose a difficult place to go that had a high level of competition because I always thought if I want to be the best, I gotta beat out the best.
而密歇根大学正是最优秀四分卫聚集的地方。
And that's where Michigan is where the best quarterbacks are.
这里有着辉煌的四分卫传统,比如埃利斯·格伯赫、托德·柯林斯和吉姆·哈博。
And it had a history of great quarterbacks like Elvis Gerbach, Todd Collins, Jim Harbaugh.
这就是密歇根橄榄球的全部意义。
This is what Michigan football was all about.
那里有一位伟大的教练名叫博·舍恩贝克勒,他常强调:团队,团队,团队。
And there was a great coach there named Bo Schembechler who used to preach, The team, the team, the team.
而这正是我想加入的东西。
And that's what I wanted to be a part of.
所以我去了密歇根大学,刚到校时队里已经有六名四分卫,这和很多其他学校的情况差不多,但我在第一年时在轮换名单上排第六或第七位。
So I go to Michigan, and there's six other quarterbacks on the team when I arrived on campus, which is not totally different than probably a lot of other schools, but I was the sixth or seventh my first year on the depth chart.
哇。
Wow.
要成为首发球员,还有很长的路要走。
It's a long way to go to being the starter.
那他们会安排你上场吗?
And did you were you they were gonna suit you up though?
他们会带六七个四分卫吗?
They were gonna carry six or seven quarterbacks?
他们会带你们是因为大学球队大约有一百人。
They carry you because there's about 100 guys on the team in college.
我是新生,他们让我保留一年参赛资格,让我慢慢发育成长。
And I was a first year player, and they red shirted me, and I had to grow into my body.
再说一遍,我当时身体上还落后于同龄人。
Again, I was still physically behind my ribs.
当我承诺加入密歇根大学并在1995年抵达校园时,我只有17岁。
When I committed to Michigan, and I showed up on campus in 1995, I was only 17 years old.
所以我不是18岁的孩子。
So I wasn't an 18 year old, 18 year old kid.
但一个
But a
如今很多孩子上预科学校时已经19、20岁了。
lot of kids today, prep school is 19, 20 years old.
没错。
Exactly.
所以我的身体还在追赶其他球员。
So my body was still catching up to the other guys.
事实上,我的一位新生室友是查尔斯·伍德森,他后来在1997年赢得了海斯曼奖。
In fact, one of my freshman locker mates was Charles Woodson, who ended up winning the Heisman Trophy in 1997.
当然。
Sure.
我记得第一天在更衣室里他脱了上衣,我瞥了他一眼,心想:天哪。
I remember he took his shirt off in the locker room on the first day, and I looked over at him and I was like, holy shit.
这才是真正的大学运动员,我低头看看自己,心想:天啊。
That's what a college athlete and I looked down at myself and I'm like, oh my god.
他根本不在同一个档次。
He's in another level league than his own.
他确实如此。
And he certainly was.
但因为他看起来和打球的方式,我需要追赶很多。
But I had a lot of catching up to do because of what he looked like and how he played.
他对自己有着惊人的自信。
And he had this crazy confidence in himself.
能和这样的人在一起对我很有好处,因为他激励我更加努力,变得更好。
And it was good for me to be around a guy like that because he inspired me to work harder to be better.
所以我的第一年选择了保留参赛资格,没有上场打球。
So my first year, I red shirted, didn't play.
我的第二年,这真是个疯狂的故事。
My second year, this is a crazy story.
我们对阵加州大学洛杉矶分校。
We're playing UCLA.
我们彻底碾压了他们。
We're blowing them out.
当然,因为我已经用掉了红衫年,现在我有资格上场了。
And of course, now I'm eligible to play because I already used my red shirt year.
所以我只是替补阵容中的第三或第四号四分卫。
So I'm like the third or fourth quarterback on the depth chart.
我们大比分击败了加州大学洛杉矶分校。
We're smashing UCLA.
第三节结束时。
It's the end of the third quarter.
我们领先了大约40分。
We're beating them by like 40 points.
他们看向我,说:‘布雷迪,你上场吧。’
They look over at me and they go, Brady, you're going in the game.
当然,我进入了密歇根体育场。
Of course, I got in Michigan Stadium.
哇。
Wow.
十一万名观众。
110,000 fans.
我知道这场比赛在全国直播,因为是UCLA对密歇根。
I know this game is being televised nationally because it's UCLA Michigan.
对。
Right.
戴上我的头盔。
Strap my helmet on.
这是第三节的最后一攻。
It's the last play of the third quarter.
我把球交给了队友。
I hand the ball off.
第三节结束。
Quarter ends.
我走到场边。
Come to the sideline.
他们说,我们要传球。
They say, we're gonna throw a pass.
我说,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
他们问,你想传什么球?
They say, what do you wanna throw?
我说,我想叫三外接左路,莱克·汉克·S。
I said, I wanna call trips left Lake Hank S.
明白吗?
Okay?
展开剩余字幕(还有 270 条)
三外接形成阵型,Lake是保护,Hank是跑路线,S表示我要在阵型后侧跑一个窄后门路线,这是一次展示我臂力的战术。
Trips left is the formation, Lake is the protection, Hank is the route, and the S means I'm gonna run a skinny post on the backside of the formation, which was like kind of a play where I wanna show off my arm strength.
他们采用了一种防守,给了我机会去投掷后侧的S路线,我想向教练们展示我能骗过前侧防守,站稳后脚,然后把球精准地传给后侧的大个子接球手。
So they come up in a coverage, and they give me this opportunity to throw this backside S route, and I want to show off to the coaches that I can look off to the front side, plant my back foot, and then rip this skinny post to the backside to one of my big receivers.
好,我跑上球场,进入集结区,喊出战术:三外接,Lane踢屁股,有人准备好了吗?解散。
All right, I run on the field, get in the huddle, I call the play, trips left, lane kick ass, someone ready, break.
解散集结区,来到开球线。
Break the huddle, come to the line of scrimmage.
他们摆出了完美的防守阵型,正好让我能投出后侧快速后门路线。
They're playing the perfect coverage for me to throw this backside quick post.
球被发出去,我后撤,骗过前侧防守,站稳后脚,看向接球手,扔出球,被接住,跑进达阵区。
Ball snapped, drop back, I look off the front side, plant my back foot, look at my receiver, throw the ball, gets caught, and run-in for a touchdown.
但我却把球扔给了UCLA的中线卫,他轻松推进45码,完成拦截回攻达阵——这是我大学生涯的第一记传球。
Except I throw it to the middle linebacker for UCLA who goes 45 yards untouched, interception return for a touchdown on my very first college pass.
我当时想,这支球队再也不会让我上场了。
I thought, there is no way this team is ever gonna play me ever again.
哇。
Wow.
于是我进去了,真的吓坏了。
So I went in, literally I was horrified.
我感觉太糟糕了。
I felt so bad.
第二天我去参加球队会议。
The next day I go into the team meeting.
我们的主教练劳埃德·卡尔回对我说:‘布拉迪,如果我们再让你上场,而你再犯这种错误,你就永远别想再在这座球场打球了。’
Our head coach Lloyd Carr, Brady, we ever put you in the game again and you do that, you're never playing in that stadium ever again.
这对我来说是一次非常谦卑的经历。
And it was a very humbling experience for me.
我必须回去,重新赢得教练和队友们的信任,让他们相信,一旦让我上场,我一定会做出正确的选择。
And I had to go back, and I had to earn the trust back from my coaches and back from the other teammates that I had that if they put me in, I'm gonna make the right place.
这真是我大学生涯一个不祥而谦卑的开端。
It was a very inauspicious, humbling start to my college career.
但我认为事情最终好转了。
But I think things worked out.
是的,随着时间的推移,情况确实如此。
Yes, so over time they did.
所以,我们要感谢你分享这段难以置信的故事。
So can we take you to thank you for that unbelievable story.
所以我听到汤姆·布雷迪说的是,一切并非一开始就完美。
So what I'm hearing Tom Brady say is it doesn't all start out perfectly.
成长、加速,以及我们在生活中面对的挑战,那些卓越的人会帮助我们解脱,而周围的人则会给我们真实的考验。
The development, the acceleration, the things we confront in life with masterful people freeing us up and getting real confronts from the people around us.
谢谢你的分享。
So thank you for that.
选秀。
The draft.
嗯。
Yeah.
1999年,第六轮。
One ninety nine, six round.
那天进展过程中,你感觉如何?
How are you feeling as that's progressing that day?
嗯。
Yeah.
所以我的大学生涯可以说非常出色。
So I end up having, I would say, a very good college career.
我以首发球员的身份结束职业生涯,在密歇根大学取得了20胜5负的战绩。
I finished my career as a starter, 20 wins and five losses at Michigan.
我赢得了两场碗赛。
I won two bowl games.
我认为我在大学期间进步巨大,并且在大学里经历了许多逆境。
I thought I improved a lot over the course of my college career and I dealt with a lot of adversity in college.
而且,我再次回到我的童年,我有着极强的工作 ethic,非常有竞争力,并且因为父母给予了我无条件的爱与支持,打下了应对成功与失败的坚实基础。
And again, I go back to my early childhood and I had a great work ethic, very competitive, had a great foundation to deal with success and failure because of my parents, total unconditional love and support from the people that mattered most in my life.
然后我离家很远去上大学,我是在加州长大的。
Then I go to college a long way from home and I grew up in California.
现在我去了中西部,天寒地冻,离家非常遥远。
Now I go to the Midwest, freezing cold, long way from home.
那是还没有手机的时代。
This is before cell phones.
我不能随时给父母打电话,所以我不得不学会独立成长。
I can't just call my parents up when they so I had to grow up.
于是我度过了我的大学生涯。
So I go through my college career.
我有着一段不错的大学生涯,现在我正努力迈向职业水平。
I have a good career, and now I'm trying to go to this pro level.
再说一次,我拥有的另一个福气是什么?
And again, what was another blessing I had?
正如我所说,我当时非常天真。
Like I said, I was very naive.
我想着,就像在大学时那样,嗯,我要上大学,然后打球。
I thought, like I did in college, well, yeah, I'm gonna go to college and I'm gonna play.
然后我就想,好吧,现在我要去打职业橄榄球了。
Then it was like, okay, well, now I'm gonna go play pro football.
当然,我会打职业橄榄球。
Of course, I'm gonna play pro football.
我为什么不呢?
Why would I not?
难道没人看到我在密歇根的表现有多出色吗?
Didn't everybody see how good I did at Michigan?
职业球探们可不这么看。
The pro scouts didn't exactly see it the same way.
职业球探们觉得:这孩子太瘦了,臂力一般,在球门区移动不灵活,一碰就倒。
The pro scouts were like, this kid's skinny, doesn't have a great arm, doesn't move very well in the pocket, goes down easily.
事实上,我在大学的第五年过得挺艰难,和一个更年轻的球员轮流担任四分卫。
And in fact, I had a, you know, challenging fifth year in college where I kind of platooned at quarterback with a younger player.
所以很多球探都认为,如果密歇根大学都不想让汤姆上场,那我们为什么还要选他?
So a lot of the pro scouts thought, well, if Michigan doesn't want to play Tom, why would we want him?
密歇根大学更想让德鲁·亨森上场。
Michigan wants to play another player, Drew Henson.
但我大四那年打了很多比赛。
And I played a lot, my senior.
但他们每天在训练中都能看到他。
But they see him every day in practice.
他肯定没那么厉害。
He must not be that good.
于是我心想,我已经克服了这么多困难,表现也很出色。
So I thought, man, I'd overcome a lot, played well.
我应该会被选为第二轮或第三轮新秀。
I should go like a second or third round pick.
但球探们又一次不这么认为。
And the pro scouts, again, just didn't see it that way.
所以我去参加选秀,那时候和现在选秀的氛围完全不同,现在可是媒体关注、热度十足。
So I go to the draft, and it was, again, very different time than today's day and age of the draft, which is, you know, all the media attention, all the hype.
那时候选秀几乎没什么人关注。
It was just kinda a little bit under the radar.
选秀是在周六和周日举行的。
It happened on a Saturday, Sunday.
前三轮是在周六进行的。
The first three rounds were on a Saturday.
第四到第七轮是在周日进行的。
The second rounds four through seven were on Sunday.
所以周六那天,我去看了旧金山巨人队的棒球比赛,想转移一下注意力,因为我并不觉得自己会被选中,大概不会在第二或第三轮被挑中。
So on Saturday, I go to a San Francisco Giants baseball game to take my mind off the draft because I kinda didn't think I'd be a second or third round pick.
我觉得可能第三轮会被选,但更可能是在第二轮。
I thought maybe third, but I'll probably go on the second.
于是我去看巨人队的比赛,想让自己放松一下,结果当然,我根本没被选中。
So I go to a Giants baseball game and to take my mind off it, of course, I don't get picked.
所以那个星期天我回家了,心想:好吧。
So I go home on that Sunday, and I'm like, alright.
今天是我的日子。
This is my day.
第四轮。
Fourth round.
会是谁选中我呢?
Who's gonna pick me?
第四轮过去了。
Fourth round comes and goes.
第五轮也过去了。
Then the fifth round comes and goes.
第六轮快到尾声了。
Sixth round is getting to the very end.
我当时想,我不确定自己会不会被选中。
And I'm like, I don't know if I'm going to go anywhere.
也许我不得不放弃踢足球了。
Maybe I'm going to have to not play football anymore.
也许我得像我爸爸那样去卖保险。
Maybe I have to go sell insurance like my dad.
那是他的工作。
That was his job.
幸运的是,爱国者队选中了我。
And fortunately, the Patriots picked me.
总第199顺位。
One hundred and ninety ninth pick overall.
被选中时,我甚至不知道新英格兰在哪里。
And I didn't even know where New England was when I got drafted.
我从小就是四九人队的球迷。
I grew up a Niner fan.
我生活在加利福尼亚。
I was in California.
你知道吗,我那时候地理也不好,对美国的了解不多,但新英格兰并不是一个州。
You know, again, I didn't know my geography, The United States, but New England is not a state.
你知道,当他们选中我去新英格兰爱国者队时,我心里想:这地方在哪?
You know, when they pick you to the New England Patriots, I'm like, here, where is that?
我当时不知道它在马萨诸塞州,但被选中后,我很快就弄清楚了自己要去哪里。
Not knowing that it's in Massachusetts, and I I figured it out pretty quickly where I was going after they picked me.
不久之后,我们举行了迷你训练营。
We had a mini camp shortly thereafter.
在所有可能去的地方中,这简直是完美的契合。
Out of all the places I could have went, it was an absolute perfect fit.
而且,这纯粹是巧合。
And again, that's just happenstance.
你本可能被选到其他很多地方,但我去了新英格兰,那正是比尔·贝利奇克执教的第一年,他是历史上最伟大的教练之一,堪称橄榄球界的拉什莫尔山级人物。
You could be picked to a lot of other places, but I got to go to New England, Bill Belichick's first year, one of the greatest coaches to ever coach, the Mount Rushmore coaches.
就在他担任我纽约喷气机队主教练仅仅一天后。
Right after being head coach of my Jets for one day.
我知道。
I know.
就一天。
One day.
他辞职时写在一张餐巾纸上,说:我不再担任纽约喷气机队主教练了。
He resigned on a nap kin that said, I no longer you know, I'm resigning as the head coach of of the New York Jets.
结果他去了爱国者队。
Ends up going to the Patriots.
贝利奇克教练有很多东西需要证明。
Coach Belichick had a lot to prove.
他看出我也有许多东西需要证明,这简直是天作之合。
He saw something in me where I had a lot to prove, and it was a match made in heaven.
他收我为徒。
And he took me under his wing.
还有个疯狂的故事,我之所以被新英格兰爱国者队选中,是因为一位名叫迪克·拉宾的教练。
And another crazy story, I was really responsible to get drafted by the New England Patriots by a coach by the name of Dick Rabine.
迪克·拉宾来到了密歇根大学。
Dick Rabine came to the University of Michigan.
他是爱国者队的四分卫教练。
He was the quarterback coach for the Patriots.
他对我进行了测试,然后回去向爱国者队汇报。
He worked me out, came back and reported back to the Patriots.
表现非常出色。
Very good workout.
他绝对是个有潜力的球员。
He's definitely a prospect.
没有其他人对我进行过测试。
Nobody else worked me out.
当时华盛顿红皮队也对我进行了测试。
Washington Redskins at the time worked me out.
所以新英格兰队来了,迪克·雷宾是我的四分卫教练。
So New England comes and Dick Raybine's my quarterback coach.
迪克·莱宾,我刚到新英格兰的第一年,我们表现不太好,战绩是五胜十一负。
Dick Raybine, my first year in New England, we didn't have a very good year, five and eleven.
进入我的第二年,在训练营期间,迪克·拉宾在跑步机上慢跑时突发心脏病。
We go into my second year and in training camp, Dick Rabine is jogging on a treadmill and has a heart attack on the treadmill.
就在那一刻去世了。
Passes away in that moment.
这让我们所有人都心碎不已。
And it was heartbreaking for all of us.
我们把2001赛季整个赛季都献给了拉宾教练。
And we really dedicated our season in 2001 to Coach Rabin.
由于他显然不能再担任四分卫教练,我们当时没有四分卫教练,贝尔ichick教练便临时兼任了四分卫教练的角色。
And because he couldn't obviously, wasn't the quarterback coach, we didn't have a quarterback coach, Coach Belichick became the quasi quarterback coach.
哇。
Wow.
他会来指导四分卫们,告诉我们该如何阅读防守、如何解读盯人战术、如何理解阵型、换位和跑动。
And he would come in and instruct the quarterbacks, this is how we're gonna read defense, this is how we're gonna read coverages, this is how you're gonna understand formations, shifts, motions.
我要教你们所有四分卫如何识别防守战术。
I'm going to teach all you quarterbacks how defenses are called.
让比尔契奇教练来担任我们的四分卫教练,这对我来说是一次极其开眼的经历。
It was just such an eye opening experience for me to have Coach Belichick come in as our quarterback coach.
他再次接纳了我,给予我指导。
And again, he took me under his wing.
他完全接纳了真实的我。
He embraced everything that I was.
他了解我的优势,那段时期我们建立了非常特殊的关系。
He knew my strengths, we developed a very special relationship over that time.
你那个赛季开始时并不是首发。
And you start that season not as a starter.
德鲁·布里斯尔受伤了。
Drew Blitzel gets hurt.
然后紧接着,我敢肯定中间还发生了无数件事。
And then a minute later, I'm sure 800 things that happened in between.
你赢得了超级碗。
You're winning the Super Bowl.
当时你作为第六轮选秀球员,从高中时没有成为首发球员一路走来,这一切发生时,你有什么感想?这难道不难以置信吗?
What was what was any reflections as that was happening on how improbable that was coming as a six round pick and going back and not starting as a freshman high school?
在那一刻,你对自己的一生有多少反思?
How much do you reflect at that point on your life?
发生了什么?
What's happening?
到底发生了什么?
What's happened?
这些对你来说意味着什么?
How does that land for you?
或者你只是想,嘿,我知道我会成功的。
Or you just like, hey, like, you know, I knew I was going work.
我知道我会走到这一步。
I knew I was going to get here.
就像,那是什么感觉?
Like, what is it like?
所以,当我决定上大学时,当然,我要去打大学橄榄球。
So, of course, when I wanted to go to college, yeah, I'm gonna go play college football.
当然,我要去密歇根大学打球。
Of course, I'm gonna play Michigan.
是的,我要去挑战其他家伙。
Yeah, I'll go take on the other guys.
到了大学生涯末尾,当然,我要去打职业橄榄球。
Then at the end of my college career, well, of course, I'm gonna go play pro football.
所以,我对自己那种天真的信心显然一直持续着。
So that naive confidence I had in myself obviously continued.
所以现在,德鲁在第二周受伤了,也就是09:11之后的星期天,距离09:11之后的两个星期天,我们对阵喷气机队。
So now, Drew gets injured in week two, the Sunday after 09:11, two Sundays after 09:11, and we're playing the Jets.
德鲁受伤了。
Drew gets injured.
当我冲上球场时,我想,如果我有机会,他们永远不会再把我换下来。
And when I ran on the field, I thought, If I ever get my chance, they're never going to take me off the field.
当然我们会表现得很好,因为这就是我擅长的。
And of course we're going to do well, because that's what I knew how to do.
我付出了巨大的努力,让自己处于能够成功的位置。
I had worked really hard to put myself in a position to succeed.
我得到了机会,我想好好把握它。
I got my opportunity, and I wanted to do a great job with it.
这个时刻对我来说并不显得太大。
And the moment wasn't too big for me.
我在密歇根大学打球。
I played at Michigan.
现场有十一万名球迷。
There was 110,000 fans.
在福克斯堡球场,只有六万五千名观众。
At Foxborough Stadium, there was only 65,000.
与我在大学时习惯的场地相比,这是一个小型场馆。
It was a small venue compared to what I was used to in college.
所以我最终在第二周上场了。
So I end up playing for week two.
我们输掉了那场比赛。
We lost the game.
我们赛季开局是零胜二负。
We start the season o and two.
下一场比赛是对阵印第安纳波利斯小马队。
The next game is the Indianapolis Colts.
他们保持不败。
They're undefeated.
我们还没有赢过任何比赛,而这是我的第一次真正首发。
We hadn't won a game, and it's my first real start.
关于那场比赛的一个精彩故事是我们最终大胜小马队。
And one of the great stories about that game was we ended up beating the Colts really bad.
40多分对17分。
40 plus points to 17.
对方那边有佩顿·曼宁。
They had Peyton Manning's on the other side of the ball.
当然,我非常崇拜佩顿·曼宁,因为我觉得他就是我仰望的榜样,尽管他只比我大一岁。
Of course, I'm so enamored by Peyton Manning because I thought he was the guy that I looked up to, even though he was just a year older than me.
我在赛前热身时看到了佩顿,于是我走过去跟他握手,说:‘嘿,佩顿,我是汤姆·布雷迪。’
I saw Peyton in pregame warm up, but I went over to him and I said, hey, shook my hand out, Hey Peyton, I'm Tom Brady.
他回答:‘嗯,我知道你是谁。’
He goes, Yeah, I know who you are.
我当时心想:天啊,佩顿·曼宁居然知道我是谁!那天我们成功拦截了佩顿·曼宁的两次传球,并且都回攻达阵得分了。
And I was like, Holy shit, Peyton Manning knows And who I we ended up intercepting two passes from Peyton Manning that day that were run back for touchdowns.
一次是由我的队友、角卫奥蒂斯·史密斯完成的,另一次是泰·劳。
One by my teammate Otis Smith, who's a cornerback, and one was Ty Law.
比赛结束后,比尔契克教练走进更衣室,打算颁发比赛用球。
Coach Belichick comes into the locker room after the game, and he wants to give out game balls.
他颁发了两个比赛球,他说:‘一个球给你,奥蒂斯·史密斯,不是因为你抄截回攻达阵,而是因为你为泰·劳的抄截回攻达阵所做的阻挡。'
And he gives out two game balls, and he says, One game ball is for you, Otis Smith, not for your interception return for a touchdown, but for your block that you made on Ty Law's interception return for a touchdown.
他说:‘另一个球给你,泰,不是因为你抄截回攻达阵,而是因为你为奥蒂斯·史密斯完成抄截回攻达阵所做的阻挡。如果你仔细想想,这正是团队运动的极致体现。'
And he said, the other game ball is for you, Ty, not for your interception return for a touchdown, for the block that you gave to get Otis Smith into the end zone on his interception return And for a if you think about that, that is the ultimate team sport.
橄榄球的荣耀不属于那个完成关键一击的人。
Football, the glory doesn't go to the person who makes the play.
它属于所有为队友完成进攻做出贡献的人。
It goes to all the guys who contributed to a teammate making a play.
这就是我热爱这项运动的原因。
That's what I loved about the sport.
我投出一次达阵传球,当然,这很棒。
I'd throw a touchdown pass, and yeah, it was great.
人人都在谈论:‘布拉迪把球传给了格隆考斯基。’
Everyone's talking about, oh, Brady throws it to Gronkowski.
布拉迪把球传给特洛伊·布朗完成达阵。
Brady throws it to Troy Brown for a touchdown.
我想和进攻锋线球员一起庆祝。
I wanted to celebrate with the offensive linemen.
我想和那些在前排为我掩护的队友们一起庆祝。
I wanted to celebrate with the guys who were blocking for me up front.
这就是这项运动的本质。
It's just that's the sport.
我们越能回归这种精神,这项运动就会变得越好。
And the more we can get back to that, the better the sport's gonna be.
它始终关乎我们。
It's always about us.
它始终关乎我们集体。
It's always about we.
这并不是关于我。
It's not about me.
无论是成功的企业、家庭还是运动队,生活始终关乎我们。
And life, whether it's a successful business, family, sports team, it's always about us.
我能贡献什么?
What can I contribute?
他们有的是能量给予者,有的是能量消耗者。
They're energy givers, and they're energy takers.
越多的人能给予能量,你每天醒来都会想:我如何为我的队友服务?
The more people that can give energy, and you wake up every day going, How can I serve you as my teammate?
我如何为我的伙伴服务?
How can I serve you as my partner?
我如何为我的父母服务?
How can I serve you as my parent?
过好人生最好的方式就是:你如何服务他人,如何回馈他人?
That is the best way to go about life, is how do you serve other people, and how can you give back?
这正是我在爱国者队漫长职业生涯中,球队根基的建立方式。
And that's what the foundation of our team was built on at the Patriots over a very long career.
我们在第一年就赢得了超级碗,由于团队所建立的价值观和文化,这种精神在我职业生涯的早期持续延续,随后这些价值观深深植根于我们所做的一切之中。
We won the Super Bowl that first year, and because of the values created by the team and the culture we built, that continued on through the early part of my Patriot career, and then those values really began to just become so rooted in everything we did.
这始终关乎团队。
It was always about the team.
这始终关乎作为队友彼此服务,去外面发挥我们最好的水平。
It was always about serving each other as teammates to go out there and be the best we can be.
这正是我在体育中最看重的东西。
And that's what I valued more than anything in sports.
阿门。
Amen.
因此,从这个角度出发,如果外面有人在听,我们最后几分钟一起聊聊,你希望他们了解什么,关于如何信任他人——无论是教练、老板还是领导者,如何判断他们是否值得信赖。
So from that place, if folks are listening out there, our final couple minutes here together, what would you want them to know about how they could trust the people, whether it's a coach, a boss, a leader, how they can trust people or not.
没错。
Right.
因为有些领导者并不为团队服务,也不促进成长和提升。
Because there's there's leaders that aren't serving the team and growing and effective.
而有些人,比如你曾经效力并受其指导的人。
And then there's people like you played for and mentored you.
你对人们关于这一点有什么想说的吗?
What would you say to people about that?
还有一个艰难的决定,你知道的,就像《龙威小子》里约翰尼和丹尼尔的时刻,还有丹尼尔和宫城先生的场景,你知道,约翰尼本不该被听信。
And difficult decision, you know, moment of Daniel san, the Cobra Kai Johnny thing, then the Daniel and Mr.
那些像科博凯这样的角色,比如,你会怎么建议人们去分辨领导力,以及如何被他人指导和带领呢?
Miyagi thing, you know, Johnny shouldn't have been listened to.
你会给人们什么建议,关于如何辨别领导力,以及如何被教练和领导者引导?
It looks like the Cobra Kai people, like how, how would you, what advice would you give to people about discerning leadership and being coached and led by people?
我认为信任是通过共同的经历和沟通建立起来的。
So I think trust is built up through shared experience and communication.
我认为是纯粹的意图。
And I would say pure intentions.
人们在生活中可能会操纵他人,只说对方想听的话来获取自己想要的东西,但这不是我的沟通方式。
And people can manipulate people through life and tell people what they want to hear in order to get something that they want, which is not my style of communication.
我相信领导者应该始终做两件对成功和领导力至关重要的事情。
I believe that leaders should always do two things that are critical to success and critical to leadership.
你应该关心与你共事的人,也应关心你所要实现的使命。
You should care about the people that you work with and you should care about the mission that you're trying to accomplish.
如果你的个人议程凌驾于这两者中的任何一个之上,你就永远不可能被定义为一位伟大的领导者。
If your individual personal agenda supersedes either of those two, you're never going to be defined as a great leader.
当我看到电视上的人谈论团队或公司时总是说‘我’和‘我’,我就觉得,这样行不通。
When I see people on TV talking about I and me as it relates to teams or corporations, I think, yeah, that's not gonna work.
因为伟大的领导者总是把功劳归于他人。
Because great leaders always give the credit to the others.
伟大的领导者在事情不顺时也会主动承担责任。
And great leaders also take the blame when things don't go right.
这才是你赢得一群人喜爱的方式。
And that's how you endear yourself to a group of people.
事实上,你应该总是把责任归咎于自己。
In fact, you should always point the finger back at yourself.
每当对某件不顺利的事情进行关键评估时,你都应首先从自身开始反思。
You should always think about any critical evaluation about something that doesn't go right should always start with yourself.
我还能做得更好吗?
What can I do better?
为了支持这个事业,我本可以多做些什么?
What could I have done more of to support the cause?
我本可以做些什么?
What could I have done?
我从这次经历中学到了什么?
What did I learn from this experience?
然后你努力不再重蹈覆辙。
And then you try not to repeat it.
我们总会犯错。
And we're always going to make mistakes.
人生就是不断犯错并从中学习。
Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.
事实上,如果你挑战极限,尝试做非常有挑战性的事情,你一定会失败。
In fact, if you push the limits and you try to do things that are very challenging, you're gonna fail.
而现实是,当你失败时,你内心究竟有多少韧性?
And the reality is, is within yourself, when you do fail, what kind of resilience do you have within you?
你为自己建立了什么,来通过失败解决这个问题?如果你真的解决了,你会获得巨大的自信和自尊,因为你意识到自己就是解决方案,你不是受害者,而是一个只要努力、谦逊、有自知之明、具备成长型思维并拥有不懈的工作 ethic 去解决这些问题,就一定能克服困难的人。
What have you built up within your self to try to solve that problem through failure, that if you do solve it, you can gain a tremendous amount of self confidence and self esteem because you realize that you are the solution, that you're not a victim, that you're someone that if you work hard, if you are humble, if you have self awareness, if you have a growth mindset, and you have a relentless work ethic to figure these things out, you will overcome it.
你不是你处境的受害者。
You aren't a victim of your circumstance.
你才是你人生的解决方案。
You are the solution to your life.
这是你的选择,这是你的一天。
It's your choice, it's your day.
你希望如何塑造它?
What do you want to make of it?
是的,你可以选择任何你想选择的东西。
Yeah, you can choose whatever you want.
每一天,我们都有选择的机会。
Every day we got opportunities to choose.
这取决于你。
And it's up to you.
这是你的生活。
It's your life.
无论你选择什么,你都可以做到。
Whatever you want to choose, you can do.
你可以去追求它。
You can go for it.
谢谢你的分享。
Well, thank you for that.
在简短致谢后,最后一个问题。
Final question after quick acknowledgment.
当你从爱国者队转到坦帕湾队时,你所做的一切,我认为这是体育史上最了不起的故事之一。
What you did when the transition happened from Patriots to Tampa Bay, I think it was one of the most remarkable stories in the history of sport.
七次超级碗冠军,所有其他了不起的人如果没有那些教练都无法获胜。
Seven Super Bowl, all these other incredible people didn't win without those coaches.
你确实做到了,我有九千个问题想问,但我们时间到了。
And you did, And I have 9,000 questions to ask, but we are at time.
所以最后一个问题,你充满竞争心,你有爱心,你有永不终结的动机和目标。
So this final question, you're competitive, you have a heart, you have a why and a purpose never ending.
你内心燃烧着一团火。
You feel a fire inside of you.
汤姆,你如今还在为哪些事情而竞争?
Tom, What do you still compete at?
如果一百年后的今天是你在世的最后一天,那会是什么样子?
And what does it look like if it was a hundred years from now and it's your final day on this planet?
从今天到那一天之间,你希望增添些什么,来丰富你已经创造的那不可思议、了不起、非凡的传奇?
What happens from this day to that day that you want to add to the preposterous legacy, amazing, matchful legacy you've already created?
我认为竞争是我与自己的较量。
So I think the competition is me versus me.
是今天的我与昨天的我之间的较量,是我每天都能做出的提升,无论是在身体、心理还是情感上,为了过上我想要的生活。
It's myself today versus the version of myself yesterday and the improvement that I can make on a daily basis, whether it's physically, mentally, or emotionally to live the life that I want to live.
每一天都有不同的优先事项。
And every day there's different priorities.
很有趣,有时候我早上锻炼,然后去见心理治疗师,之后再处理我的事业事务。
It's funny, sometimes I work out in the morning, I talk to my therapist after that, And then I go work on my career stuff after that.
所以在某种程度上,我关注我的身体。
So in some ways, I work on my physical.
我关注我的情绪。
I work on my emotional.
然后我去打磨我的心智。
And then I go work on my mental.
这种全面发展的状态让我能够过上我想要的生活,并持续挑战自己。
And that well rounded part of me allows me to live the life that I want to live and continue to push myself.
我认为很多年后,我希望自己身边都是那些促使我保持高标准、同时我也促使他们保持高标准的人。
And I think many years from now I hope that I've surrounded myself with people that push me to hold myself to a high standard and that I push them to hold themselves to a high standard too.
再次强调,我生命中发生了许多幸运的事,我意识到自己是多么有福气。
Again, you have the fortunate things that have happened in my life, I realize how blessed I am.
然后我想,我该如何继续为自己和他人树立好榜样?
And then I think, How can I continue to be a good example for myself and others?
我有孩子,他们是我的生命之光。
And I have kids that are the light of my life.
他们每天激励着我、鼓舞着我,让我成为最好的父亲。
They motivate me and inspire me every day to be the best dad that I can be.
然后我与那些我已承诺要支持的人一起工作。
And then I work with other people that I've committed myself to.
我想为他们做到最好。
And I wanna be the best I can be for them.
无论我承诺做什么,我都想信守承诺并付诸行动。
And whatever I say I'm gonna do, I wanna follow through and do.
太棒了。
Awesome.
能与我称之为体育史上最伟大的领袖和赢家共处,这对我来说是一种荣幸和特权。
Well, it has been an honor and a privilege to be with what I will call the greatest leader and winner in sports history.
我知道衡量这一点有复杂的方法。
And I know there's complex ways to measure that.
曾经作为喷气机队球迷,你是我最讨厌的人,但如今我却充满感激。
And somebody that was the bane of my existence as a jet fan to sitting here, massive gratitude.
当然,祝你在卡片保险库中一切顺利。
Wish you all the best, of course, with the card vault.
谢谢。
Thank you.
你所做的一切,世界都需要像你这样的领导者,你是地球上最伟大的领导者之一,布拉迪先生。
And everything you do, the world needs leaders like you and one Thank of the greatest leaders on planet you, Mr.
汤姆·布拉迪。
Tom Brady.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
谢谢。
Thank you.
很高兴见到你。
So great to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
So great to meet you.
你也继续保持出色的工作。
And you keep up the great work as well.
你正在做着了不起的事情。
You're doing amazing things.
干得好。
Great job.
谢谢您,先生。
Thank you, sir.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。