本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你正在收听TIP。
You're listening to TIP.
你好。
Hi there.
我非常期待今天的播客节目。
I'm really excited about today's episode of the podcast.
我的嘉宾是我在世界上最为钦佩的两个人。
My guests are two of the people I admire most in the world.
其中一位是丹尼尔·戈曼,他是经典著作《情绪智力》的作者。
One of them is Daniel Gohman, who's the famous author of a classic book titled emotional intelligence.
丹尼尔拥有哈佛大学的心理学博士学位,并曾多年担任《纽约时报》的科学作家。
Daniel has a PhD in psychology from Harvard and then spent many years as a science writer for The New York Times.
他还是冥想科学及其如何帮助我们管理情绪、提升专注力、增强韧性并更理性思考方面的专家。
Among other things, he's an expert on the science of meditation and how it can help us to handle our emotions, improve our focus, boost our resilience, and think more rationally.
几个月前,他曾作为非常受欢迎的嘉宾做客本播客,谈论情绪智力如何帮助我们成为更成功的投资者。
He was an extremely popular guest on this podcast a few months ago, talking about how emotional intelligence can even help us to become more successful investors.
在今天的节目中,丹与一位传奇的藏传佛教冥想大师苏克尼仁波切共同出席。
On today's episode, Dan is joined by a legendary Tibetan Buddhist meditation master named Sukhni Rinpoche.
他们合著了一本关于冥想科学与实践的优秀新书。
They've coauthored an excellent new book about the science and practice of meditation.
这本书名为《我们为何冥想》。
It's titled Why We Meditate.
几个月前我们录制这段对话时,我刚参加完与仁波切为期一周的静默冥想闭关,‘仁波切’是藏语,意为‘珍贵者’,用以尊称最受敬重的导师。
When we recorded this conversation a few months back, I'd just returned from a one week silent meditation retreat with Rinpoche, which is a Tibetan word meaning precious one that's used as a title to honor the most revered teachers.
我绝不是一位有成就的冥想者,我必须承认,在闭关期间我没能很好地保持沉默,这或许不会让你感到惊讶,毕竟我如此喜欢说话。
I'm not a very accomplished meditator by any means, and I have to admit I did a terrible job of staying silent during the retreat, which may not surprise you given how much I like to talk.
但仁波切是一位非常出色的导师,过去几年里,他对我的生活产生了深远的影响。
But Rinpoche is a really wonderful teacher, and he's had a powerful impact on my life in the last few years.
他在如何应对情绪方面的见解对我特别有帮助,我必须说,他在帮助我变得更为平静,甚至可以说更加快乐方面发挥了重要作用。
His insights on how to deal with our emotions have been particularly helpful to me, and I must say he's played a major part in helping me to become both calmer and, I would say, happier.
苏通尼仁波切经常谈论那些驱使我们行为、使生活更加艰难的挑战性情绪模式。
Sotony Rimshet often talks about the challenging emotional patterns that drive our behavior and make our lives more difficult.
例如,我们可能因为童年时经历的痛苦而对批评或被抛弃产生强烈的恐惧。
For example, we might suffer from an intense fear of criticism or a fear of abandonment because of something painful that happened when we were young.
或者,我们可能深植着一种焦虑,觉得自己不够好、无能或不值得被爱,因为我们小时候感到不被欣赏和不被爱。
Or maybe we have a deep seated anxiety that we're somehow inadequate or incapable or unlovable because we felt unappreciated and unloved while we were kids.
索平尼仁波切有一个美妙的短语,用来描述这些由我们成长经历刻印在我们身上的艰难情绪模式。
Sopigne Rinpoche has a wonderful phrase to describe these difficult emotional patterns that have been imprinted on us by our formative experiences.
他称它们为‘美丽的怪物’。
He calls them our beautiful monsters.
我喜爱他应对这些‘美丽的怪物’的方式,因为它非常温和友善。
What I love about his approach to dealing with our beautiful monsters is that it's very kind and gentle.
他建议我们不要压抑、评判或逃避这些挑战性的情绪,而是简单地跟它们打个招呼,对它们微笑,允许自己更充分地感受它们。
Instead of suppressing these challenging emotions or judging them or trying to escape from them, he suggests that we simply say hi to them, smile at them, and allow ourselves to feel them more fully.
他将这种策略称为‘握手练习’,因为我们以温暖的方式问候这些情绪,与它们握手,而不是阻拦或推开它们。
His term for this strategy is handshake practice because we're greeting these difficult emotions warmly, shaking them by the hand instead of blocking them or pushing them away.
仁波切相信,当我们以善意对待这些‘美丽的怪物’,不与它们对抗时,它们就会逐渐敞开并愈合。
Rinpoche believes that our beautiful monsters open up and gradually heal when we treat them kindly and don't resist them.
我家里书房的墙上贴着一张便利贴,上面写着他的一句动人的话:总有一天,我们所有的美丽怪兽都会信任我们,成为我们的朋友。
I have a Post it on the wall of my study at home with a lovely quote from him that says, one day, all of our beautiful monsters will trust us and be our friends.
我不是心理学家或精神科医生,但对我个人而言,以觉知、温暖和善意面对困难情绪的这种练习非常有帮助,所以我真的很想与你分享。
I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist, but for me personally, this practice of meeting difficult emotions with awareness and warmth and kindness has just been incredibly helpful, so I really wanted to share it with you too.
在这次对话中,我们将详细探讨如何与我们的美丽怪兽握手致意。
In this conversation, we'll talk in detail about how to handshake our beautiful monsters.
我们还会讨论一些其他非常实用的技巧,帮助你变得更快乐、更平静、更专注。
We'll also discuss some other very practical techniques that can help you to become happier, calmer, and more focused.
例如,我们会谈到一种腹式呼吸技巧,当你内心和身体充满焦躁、急促、不安的能量时,它能帮助你恢复幸福感。
For example, we'll talk about a belly breathing technique that can restore your sense of well-being when you're feeling a lot of restless, speedy, unsettled energy in your mind and body.
仁波切还将分享两种简单冥想方法的指导。
Rinpoche will also share his instructions for two different types of simple meditation.
你还会听到他那句充满反叛精神的口头禅:谁在乎呢?
You'll also hear his wonderfully irreverent mantra, which is who cares?
那又怎样?
So what?
发生什么,就发生什么。
Whatever happens, happens.
没发生什么,就没发生什么。
Whatever doesn't happen, doesn't happen.
当我需要放松一点,别太把自己当回事时,我会时不时提醒自己这句话。
I try to remind myself of this mantra once in a while when I need to lighten up and take myself a bit less seriously.
无论如何,我非常高兴能为大家带来这场与宗尼仁波切和丹尼尔·戈曼的对话,他们恰好在仁波切飞回尼泊尔家乡前的几天里住在一起。
In any case, I'm really thrilled to be able to bring you this conversation with Sungni Rinpoche and Daniel Gohman, who happened to be staying with each other in America for a few days before Rinpoche flew back to his home in Nepal.
我们的对话可能不会让你在纯粹的财务意义上变得更富有,但我坚信它会让你变得更睿智、更快乐。
Our conversation may not make you richer in the strictly financial sense of the word, but I have high hopes that it's gonna make you wiser and happier.
非常感谢您的参与。
Thanks so much for joining us.
您正在收听《更富有、更睿智、更快乐》播客,主持人威廉·格林将采访世界上最伟大的投资者,探讨如何在市场和生活中取得成功。
You're listening to the richer, wiser, happier podcast, where your host, William Green, interviews the world's greatest investors and explores how to win in markets and life.
大家好。
Hi, folks.
今天能与几位特别的嘉宾共聚一堂,我深感荣幸。
It's an honor to be here today with some very special guests.
我有幸邀请到了索康仁波切,他是我们这个时代最伟大的佛教导师和禅修大师之一。
I've been joined here by Sokhni Rinpoche, who's one of the greatest Buddhist teachers and meditation masters of our time.
我们还邀请到了他的密友、也是我的朋友丹尼尔·戈尔曼,他曾多次做客本播客。
And we're also joined by his close friend and my friend, Daniel Goleman, who's been a guest on the podcast before.
丹,正如你所知,他是《情商》一书的作者,这本标志性著作销量超过五百万册。
And Dan, as you know, is the author of Emotional Intelligence, which is an iconic book that sold more than 5,000,000 copies.
我们也很幸运地邀请到了亚当·凯恩,他经常帮助仁波切将藏语翻译成英语。
We're also lucky to be joined by Adam Kane, who often helps Rinpoche by translating from Tibetan into English.
仁波切和丹在亚当的帮助下刚刚合著了一本新书。
Rinpoche and Dan have just written a new book with help from Adam.
在后记中,他们写道:我们这本书的愿景是帮助人们在各个方面都变得健康——扎根、温暖、清醒,并拥有帮助他人的能量与天然倾向。
And in the epilogue, they write, our vision with this book is to help create healthy people in every sense, grounded, warm hearted, clear minded people who have the energy and natural inclination to help others.
一个简单的口号概括了这一愿景。
A simple slogan captures this vision.
身体稳固,心胸开放,思维清晰。
Grounded body, open heart, clear mind.
所以我相信我们所有人都希望在身体、情感和心理上感觉更好,因为这无疑会帮助我们生活的方方面面。
So I'm sure all of us would love to feel better physically, emotionally, and mentally because it'll no doubt help us in every area of our lives.
所以这就是我们今天要讨论的内容。
So that's really what we're gonna discuss today.
仁波切,见到您真好。
Rinpoche, it's wonderful to see you.
今天其实是我的生日,所以能和您交谈就是我的生日礼物。
Today is actually my birthday, so speaking with you is my birthday present.
谢谢您加入我们。
So thank you for joining us.
生日快乐。
Happy birthday.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
我想先问问您关于您的父亲图库·乌尔吉安仁波切,因为他显然是一位非常非凡的人物。
I wanted to start by asking you about your father, Toukou Urdjian Rinpoche, because he was obviously a very extraordinary man.
我读过他几本书。
I've I've read a couple of his books.
我想问您,他究竟是怎样的人?
And I wanted to ask you, who was he?
他是个什么样的人?
What was he like?
他为什么对您的生活产生了如此深远的影响?
And why did he have this very profound influence on on your life?
他传承了一条禅修法脉,这条法脉来自他的父亲、叔叔,并贯穿了他的一生。
He has a lineage of meditation lineage that he transmitted from his father, his uncle, and all his life.
当然,他也以学术方式研习佛教,但我认为他主要专注于禅修和自我转化。
Of course, he studied Buddhism in the intellectual way, but mainly I think he focused on meditation and transform himself.
而爱与慈悲,是他本性的一部分。
And love, the compassion is part of his nature.
所以每当我与他连接,见到他时,当然他是我的父亲,但更像我的老师。
So whenever I connect with him, seeing him, of course he's my father, but more like he's my teacher.
因此,我认为我无论是否意识到,都从这个传承、这种修行中获得了许多影响和加持。
So I think I got a lot of whether I'm aware or not, so I got a lot of influence, blessings from that lineage, from that practice.
丹,你也非常了解托库·乌尔吉安仁波切。
And, Dan, you also knew Thoku Urdjian Rinpoche very well.
你为他写的一本回忆录写了序言,并在序言中称他为二十世纪藏传佛教最伟大的上师之一。
You wrote an introduction to a memoir that he wrote and described him in the introduction as among Tibetan Buddhism's greatest masters of the twentieth century.
我知道你曾与他共度了数周,我知道他大约在1996年圆寂了。
I know that you spent many weeks with him and I know this is I guess he passed away in about 1996.
所以这已经是很久以前的事了。
So this is a long time ago.
但我想知道,你能否让我们感受到,是什么让他如此特别?同时也让我们更深入理解索尔尼尔仁波切刚才提到的他们家族的重要性。
But I wonder if you could give us a sense of, a, what made him special and also to give us more of a sense of what Sokhnir Rinpoche just said about the importance of their family.
因为我觉得索尔尼尔在提及这个伟大禅修上师传承的显赫地位时,有点过于谦虚了。
Because I think Sokhnir is being a little bit modest about how eminent this lineage of great meditation teachers really is.
所以我认为我们先从家族说起,因为这非同寻常。
So I I think let's start with the family because it's extraordinary.
托库尔·乌吉恩的祖父是一位了不起的禅修证悟者,名叫秋林巴,他实际上创立了一个完整的修持传承。
Tokur Ujjin's grandfather was one amazing meditative visionary named Chokur Lingpa, who founded actually an entire lineage of practice.
他的女儿,也就是托卡鲁根的母亲,我想是这样。
His daughter who was the mom of Tokarugen, I think.
我认为秋林巴是曾祖父。
I think Chokur Lingpa is the great grandfather.
哦,曾祖父。
Oh, great grandfather.
哦,明白了。
Oh, okay.
无论如何,还有一位祖母,她也是一位卓越的禅修大师。
At any rate, there's a grandmother who was also an amazing meditation master.
家族中的大多数人都是如此。
Most everyone in the family was.
在那个家庭长大,这不过是家常便饭罢了,我觉得。
It was just part of growing up in that family, I think.
所以对别人来说可能需要一生才能领悟的教法,我想你在童年时就已经获得了。
And so the teachings that for other people might take a lifetime to get, I think maybe you got in childhood.
我有一个童年,我
I got a childhood, I
我觉得我十四岁的时候。
think when I was in 14 years old.
我在印度学习,所以回来了。
I was studying in India, so I come back.
有一天早上,他正在传授心性教导,这是一种非常深奥的教法。
So one morning he was giving mind teaching, which is quite high teaching.
你知道,你是在观察或寻找你内心真正的本性。
You know, you're you're like looking or finding your real true nature of this mind.
不是那种,你知道的,心有很多层面,比如思考,还有许多纷乱的情绪。
Not the, you know, mind has many aspects like thinking and like a pause, a lot of disturbed emotions.
是的。
Yes.
那是你思维的一部分,但还有一种思维像镜子一样清澈、开放,充满空间。
That is part of your mind, but there's another mind like a mirror clear and open with a space.
所以,他向我介绍了最内在的空间,我想我某种程度上领悟了。
So introduce me the innermost space, and I think I got it somehow.
当然,这个过程很缓慢,需要时间。
So slow, of course, take time.
所以,我认为这个空间对我来说非常珍贵,因为我可以感知一切,而不去推开或压抑,而是能够安住于这种内在的开放中。
So I think that space is very precious to me because I can perceive everything without pushing away, without blocking, but I can sort of rest, be with that inner openness.
通过这种开放,本具的本性——如慈悲、爱、理解——自然涌现,因为它们是你真实本性的一部分。
And through that openness, innate nature, like compassion, love, understanding, just come because of part of the your own true nature.
但如果没有被引导进入这种开放,我想会有许多东西被阻塞,我们执着于它们,却不知如何应对,于是便被卷入其中。
But without introduced the openness, and I think there's so many things are blocked and we cling on and we don't know what to do with that, so we sort of suck into it.
所以,我14岁时接收到的这种传承。
So that transmission I received when I was 14 years old.
当然,我们的人生中有许多起起落落,但不知怎的,那成了我的内在避难所,其中一个内在避难所。
Of course, so many ups and downs in our life, but somehow that was, I call, my inner refuge, one of the inner refuge.
所以仁波切所描述的,真正捕捉到了与多拉尔金相处时的感觉。
So what Rinpoche is describing really captures the essence of what it was like to be with Doklaergin.
他完全平静、完全临在、充满慈爱,而其背后却极为空灵。
He was utterly peaceful, utterly present, utterly loving, and very empty behind it.
他什么都不想要。
He he didn't want anything.
他只是在那里陪着你。
He was just there for you.
空,指的是自由。
Empty in the sense of free.
没错。
Exactly.
不是那种空洞的空。
Not like hollow empty.
他是一种非常富足的空灵。
He's very rich empty.
当你看着他时,我们知道他就在那里。
When you look at him, we know he's there.
他可以和我们交谈,一切都如此美好。
He can talk to us, everything very beautifully.
但如果你更深入地观察,会感受到一种开放与自由。
But if you look more into it, there's an openness, freedom.
有时很难与他建立联系,但我们又渴望与他连接,因为找不到任何阻碍他个性的厚重东西。
Sometimes it's very hard to relate, but we love to relate, but hard to relate because I cannot find some thick stuff that his personality is blocked by something.
他只是透明、美丽地敞开,随时准备回应你。
It's just transparent, beautifully open, but ready to respond to you.
但整年来的回应都是通过爱与慈悲,就像一个普通人一样。
But the whole year responding is through love, compassion, really like normal human being.
我有时称他为‘比普通人更正常的存在’。
I call sometimes more normal than normal being.
是的。
Yeah.
很有趣。
It's funny.
我本来打算给你读一段这本书里的内容,这本书是丹写的序言,是你父亲的回忆录。
I I was gonna read a paragraph to you from this book that Dan wrote the introduction to, which is your father's memoir.
这是你父亲对自己一生的一段精彩简述。
And it's an amazing one paragraph summary of his life by your father.
这是最不傲慢、最不自夸的人生描述。
That's the most unarrogant like like, it's the least prideful description of a life.
他说:我出生在西藏中部。
He says, I was born in Central Tibet.
他说我
He says I
我想说一下。
did wanna say.
嗯。
Yeah.
他并不想写回忆录。
He didn't want a memoir.
他想谈谈他遇到的那些了不起的人。
He wanted to talk about amazing beings he had met.
他真的从不谈论自己。
He he really never talked about himself.
嗯。
Yeah.
这其实讲的是你的祖先。
And it really is about your ancestors.
这不是关于他自己的,而是关于他的老师和他所学到的东西。
It's not it's about his teachers and what he learned.
所以,这是他对整个人生的总结,只用了四行。
So here's his summary of his entire life, which takes up four lines.
他说,我出生在西藏中部,被带到了营地,之后多次往返于两地之间。
He says, I was born in Central Tibet, taken to camp, then went back and forth between the two several times.
我逃离共产党去了锡金,最后搬到了尼泊尔,现在作为一名老人生活在这里。
I fled the communists to Sikkim and finally moved to Nepal, where I am now living as an old man.
这就是我一生的简要概括。
That's my life in a nutshell.
我并没有成就什么伟大的事业。
I haven't accomplished any great deeds.
大部分时候,只是一个悲伤的事件接着另一个。
Mostly, it's just one sad event after another.
这非常谦逊。
It's Very humble.
是的。
Yeah.
这极其谦逊。
It's extraordinarily humble.
对吧?
Right?
当然,考虑到他 presumably 影响了成千上万人的生活。
Given, you know, the fact that he presumably had an impact on many thousands of lives.
是的。
Yeah.
事实上,威廉,他周游世界,在各地授课。
In fact, you know, William, he traveled around the world, taught everywhere.
人们也从世界各地前来向他学习。
People came from all over the world to study with him too.
但他却从未提及这些。
He but he doesn't mention that.
丹,他也是你的老师吗?还有其他老师?
And he was your teacher, Dan, right, among other teachers?
他教过你和你的妻子塔拉吗?
Taught you and your wife Tara?
塔拉和我来是因为松嘎仁波切说:你们真该来见见我父亲。
Tara and I came because Songar Rinpoche said, You really should come and meet my father.
我们三十年前第一次见到他,就是他刚到美国那天,直接从肯尼迪机场来的。
We met him thirty years ago, first day he came to America, straight from JFK, actually.
是的。
Yeah.
而且感觉非常亲近。
And just felt very close.
这是一种自然而然的感觉。
Was a natural feeling.
仁波切为塔拉和我做的一件美妙的事,就是让我们结识了众多优秀的老师,首先是他的父亲。
And one of the wonderful things that Rinpoche has done for Tara and I is to connect us with amazing teachers, starting with his father.
我们当时是来跟随纽绍·肯仁波切学习的,另一位伟大的上师,你也曾来向他求法;后来,松林仁波切带我们去中国,见到了他的一位杰出老师——阿迪仁波切。
We were there to study with Nyosho Ken Rinpoche, another great master who you had come to study with And then later, Song Lin Rinpoche took us to China and we met with one of his amazing teachers, Adi Rinpoche.
所以我会说,我们有幸结识了这个传承中这三位非凡的老师,这一切都要感谢你。
So I would say those are the three remarkable teachers in this tradition that we were fortunate enough to meet, all thanks to you.
当然,塔拉和我与一个了不起的家族一起学习。
And of course, Tara and I studied with an amazing family.
仁波切有三位兄弟,他们也都是被认证的转世喇嘛。
Rinpoche has three brothers who are also Tokus, a recognized incarnate Lamas.
明亚仁波切非常杰出,秋金尼玛仁波切是一位了不起的老师,卓林仁波切已故,但他同样非凡。
Mingya Rinpoche, who's remarkable, Chokinima Rinpoche, an amazing teacher, Choling Rinpoche's passed away, but he was amazing.
因此,我们很幸运能与整个家族一起学习,但我认为,他们每个人作为托加吉宁的孩子,都从中受益匪浅。
So we were fortunate to study with the whole family, but I think each of them benefited from being the child of Tokarugyin in the same way.
为了帮助不了解这些术语的人澄清一下,仁波切的意思是‘珍宝’,对吗?
And just to clarify for people who don't understand the terminology, Rinpoche means precious one, right?
这是对重要上师的一种尊称。
Which is an honorific for an important teacher.
转世灵童,你如何定义转世灵童?
Tulku, how would you define Tulku?
嗯,你需要稍微深入一下藏族的信仰体系,假设转世确实存在。
Well, you need to jump into the kind of Tibetan belief system a little and and assume there's such a thing as reincarnation.
如果你做出这个假设,那些高度进化、做了大量内在修持的人,就可以转世回来帮助他人。
And if you make that assumption, people who are highly evolved, who have done a lot of inner work, can come back to help other people.
这就是所谓的‘土库’。
That's what a toku is.
所以,这是一种转世的喇嘛,一位伟大的老师,转世回来再次帮助我们。
So it's a reincarnated lama, a great teacher who's reincarnated basically to come back another time and help us.
是的。
Yeah.
而且他们通常在童年时期就被识别出来,并以特定的方式抚养,以便完成这一使命。
And who's often identified in childhood and raised in a particular way so that they can fulfill that mission.
有些人会说,哦,你知道,也许他们搞错了。
And some say, oh, you know, maybe they made a mistake.
我的意思是,被称为‘土库’的人有时对此非常谦逊。
I mean, people who are called Tokus sometimes are very humble about it.
在藏传佛教语境中,土库备受尊崇。
And Tolkien is venerated in the Tibetan context.
是的。
Yes.
所以,仁波切,我记得你大约八岁时,你和家人住在尼泊尔山区的一个偏远小村庄。
So Rinpoche, when you were, I think, about eight years old, you were in this little village in Nepal where your family was living in the mountains in a remote village in Nepal.
你无意中听到母亲和祖父说,有一封信到了。
And you overheard, I think, your mother and your grandfather saying a letter has arrived.
我认为那是来自第十六世噶玛巴的信件,他是藏传佛教四大主要教派之一的领袖,信中说你是转世活佛,需要立即行动,前去学习。
And I think it was news from his holiness the sixteenth Karmapa, who was head of one of the four principal orders of Tibetan Buddhism, saying that you were a reincarnated lama and that you needed to hop into action and come study.
你能告诉我们当时发生了什么吗?
Can you tell us what happened there?
因为这是一个非常不寻常的故事。
Because it's a kind of extraordinary story.
我的天,这一定彻底颠覆了你的生活。
Mean, it must have One turned your life upside
那天晚上,我听到了母亲、祖母和祖父谈论这个消息。
evening, I heard the conversation between my mother, my grandmother, my grandfather about this news.
所以我有一些概念,因为我有两个哥哥,还有Trugo。
So I have some sense because I have two older brothers, but also Trugo.
那时我并不知道自己是不是Trugo,所以听到了这个消息。
I didn't know I'm a Trugo or not at that time, so I got the news.
所以我有点难过,你知道,我得离开村庄了。
So I was a little bit upset, you know, I have to leave the village.
同时,又有点兴奋,因为我的另外两个哥哥也在做同样的事,但又有点困惑,不知道该怎么办。
At the same time, a little bit exciting that my other two brothers are also doing that, but then, you know, a little bit confused, so don't know what to do.
然后在某个时候,我们去了加德满都。
And then some point, we went to Kathmandu.
那时我父亲正住在加德满都。
And then my father was staying in Kathmandu at that time.
于是他跟我们说,是的,他收到了一封信,说我是,你知道的,这么回事,那么回事。
So then he talked to us, yeah, come up a he has come up a letter that I was, you know, this and this, this and that.
但因为那时我还是个小孩子,所以过了一阵子就忘了。
But then, you know, it's because I was child young, so I forgot for a while.
所以到了12岁的时候,真正的事情发生了。
So then age of 12, the real thing happened.
然后他说:你现在必须去印度,在喜马偕尔邦的塔什永跟随堪杜仁波切学习。
Then he said, now you must go to India to study the under the Khamdul Rinpoche in Tashyong, Himachal Pradesh.
于是我有点沮丧。
Then I got a little bit upset.
因为我不了解堪杜仁波切。
Like, I don't know anything about Khamdul Rinpoche.
我对印度也一无所知。
I don't know anything about India.
我从未见过火车。
I never saw train.
我知道他们说必须坐火车去。
I know they say you have to go by train.
火车看起来像是四五十栋房子连在一起,沿着轮子移动。
The train is look like forty, fifty houses joined together and moving on the wheel.
这让我无法理解。
Doesn't get in my head.
所以我一直在想,这一切到底是怎么回事。
So I was thinking I am thinking how all of that.
然后有一天,我出发了。
Then one day I went.
你知道,我父亲请人帮忙,于是我抵达了印度的塔吉昆。
You know, someone, my father asked someone to help, so I arrived at Tajikung, India.
最终我见到了卡姆达仁波切,于是我在那里住了下来,学习了大约十二年。
So eventually I met Kamdar Rinpoche, so I stayed there and studied about twelve years.
在我学习期间,情绪起伏很大。
When I was in study, really ups up and down.
我的情绪时高时低,发生了许多事情,因为我正在培养的图鲁库印记开始显现。
My emotional went up, down, then, you know, so many things happened because I called turuku imprint I was developing.
图鲁库印记就是所有人都把你当作你前世的样子。
Turuku imprints is everyone expect you as your previous life.
所以我感到困惑,哪一个才是我的?
So I was confused, which one is mine?
第二个索尼是我的,还是这个是我的?
The second sonny is mine, or this one is mine?
所以一开始我有点困惑。
So I got a little confused at the beginning.
有很多很多的困惑。
Lot of lot of confusion.
因为你转世成了两位不同的索康仁波切。
Is because you were reincarnation of two different Sokhni Rinpoche's.
对吧?
Right?
第一位出生于十九世纪,是一位伟大的人物,然后还有第二位?
There was the first one who'd been born in the nineteenth century who was a great figure, and then a second one?
我不担心哪个是第二位,哪个是第一位。
I don't worry about second and first.
我担心的是我自己和之前的那个。
I'm worried about me and my before one.
那哪一个才是我?
So which is me?
那个来自村庄的小男孩,就是我吗?
The boy, young boy coming from a village, is the me?
还是那个出生在西藏的伟大喇嘛,才是我。
Or the great lama who was born in Tibet, it was me.
那个才是我。
That is the me.
所以现在有两个‘我’在同时存在。
So there's a two me going on.
有人说,索南仁波切,不是我,因为他们见过之前的索南仁波切。
Someone said, Sonnya Rinpoche, not me because of they met previous Sonnya Rinpoche.
他们尊重我。
They respect me.
所以有很多所谓的‘图鲁库’模式,这些都是我从塔拉那里学到的,她是丹尼·科尔曼的妻子。
So just a lot of, you know, as as called turuku schemas, which I learned from Tara about schemas, his wife, Danny Coleman's wife.
后来,我回到尼泊尔,从我的父亲堪仁波切那里接受了更多教导,之后又从阿迪仁波切和尼奥吉金仁波切那里学习,于是我理清了这些。
So later, then I went back to Nepal, then I got more teaching from my father, Kense Rinpoche, and then later Adirinpoche, Nyogyakin Rinpoche, so I sorted out that.
你一定感受到了巨大的压力,非常大的压力。
You must have had a great sense of pressure, enormous sense of pressure.
你要想象一下,仁波切成长的那个村庄,离最近的城镇要走六天的路。
Well, you have to imagine, the village Rinpoche grew up in was a six day walk to the next town.
那里真的非常偏远。
It was really isolated.
所以你得想象,这就像生活在中世纪一样。
So you have to it was like growing up in a medieval age.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
Definitely.
然后突然间,他置身于一个更加现代的环境中,承受着巨大的压力。
And then all of a sudden, he's in this more modern situation with a lot of pressure.
你必须努力学习,因为你就是索南。
Study, you have to do well because you are the Sogne.
你知道,'索南'这个名字来自我的前辈们。
You know, name of the Sogne is coming from my predecessors.
所以他是一位伟大的上师。
So he's a great master.
他有众多弟子。
He has so many students.
他表现得很好。
He did very well.
你应该这样行事。
You should behave this way.
你应该坐稳。
You should sit still.
你不能东张西望。
You cannot look this and that.
就像那位老人的性格强加在小孩子身上,而这个小孩不知道该如何承受。
Like, the old man's character is putting on the young child, and this young child don't know how to hold that.
有很多情绪问题。
Lot of emotional problem.
但好消息是我遇到了很好的老师。
But the good news is I met great teachers.
所以我现在可以说,我已经转变了75%到80%。
So I can call I'm right now 75, 80% transformed.
但一些我如今称之为美丽怪物的印记依然伴随着我。
But some imprint I now call beautiful monsters are still with me.
但我现在对此已经坦然了。
But I'm okay with that now.
我们还会深入讨论这个‘美丽怪物’的概念,你能现在解释一下这个词吗?以便大家理解?
We'll talk a lot more about this idea of beautiful monsters, which is a it's can you explain the term now, though, just so that people understand?
但我们会再详细探讨‘美丽怪物’这个概念。
But we'll come back in great detail to this idea of beautiful monsters.
它们是什么?
What are they?
因为我经历了那些事情、那种训练和那种期望。
Because I was gone through that stuff, that training, that expectation.
我在之前的松裕如仁波切和玛雅人之间迷失了自己。
I lost myself between the previous Song Yuru Rinpoche and the Mayaperson.
所以那里有很多事情。
So there's lot of things there.
但后来由于修行、冥想、觉知以及对自己的善意,我那两种本性——由东谷慈马什所揭示的本性。
But then later because of practice, because of meditation, because of awareness, kindness to myself, my two nature, which is introduced by Togo Jirumashe.
所以最终我发现,哇。
So I found at the end, wow.
那些困难的事情其实很棒。
Those difficult things are great.
但它们确实像怪物,却蕴含着一种美。
But it is kind of monster, but there is a beauty in it.
所以这些美丽的怪物,用你之前提到的词,就是丹的妻子塔拉所说的‘图式’,它们就像童年时期形成的模式——比如受伤的爱、缺乏尊重,或者觉得自己不值得、害怕自己不够好。
So these beautiful monsters really, to use the word you used before, schema from Dan's wife, Tara, they're like these childhood patterns that we, like wounded love or the lack of respect that we got or a sense that we were unworthy or fear that we're not good enough.
这些来自童年的心理创伤,对吧?
The these psychological wounds from childhood, that right?
是的。
Yeah.
健康的那一部分,我不会称之为美丽的怪物。
The healthy one, I would not call is beautiful monster.
稍微偏离了正轨。
The little bit go astray.
它阻碍了我们的正常感受和认知。
Like, it blocks our normal feeling and perceptions.
我们把这误认为是‘我’和‘我的’。
And we identified that is me and mine.
所以你可以用某种方式去审视它。
So there's a way you can look into it.
我称之为握手练习,然后加以区分。
I call the practice of handshake and then to differentiate.
哦,这是健康的恐惧,而这是你内心形成的扭曲恐惧。
Oh, this is a healthy fear and this is a distorted fear built in you.
现在它看起来像一个怪物,但其实并不是怪物。
Now it looks like a monster, but actually it's not a monster.
你可以从这种恐惧中学到很多东西,你会更深入地理解自己,也会更好地理解他人的感受和情绪。
You can learn so many things from that fear, and you will understand yourself much better, and you will understand others' feeling, others' emotion.
哇。
Wow.
你可以学到很多东西。
There's so many things you can learn.
它变成了一片学习的土壤,美便由此开始。
It become a learning ground, then the beauty starts.
那么在你自己的情况下,你是如何应对的呢?
So how did you deal with this in your own case?
如果我们以这种方式为例,来处理我们从早期生活中习得的这些困难模式,那你具体是如何应对自己害怕不够好、不配拥有这个传承、或不够格成为父亲继承人的恐惧的呢?
If if we take this as an example example of how to deal with these difficult patterns that we've adopted from early life, what did you do to deal with your own fear that you weren't good enough or that you weren't worthy of this lineage or that you weren't good enough to be your father's successor or any?
我的意思是,这一定承受了巨大的压力。
I I mean, it just must have been so much pressure.
你是如何与自己的恐惧握手言和并克服它们的?
How did you greet and handshake your own fears and overcome them?
我微笑了。
I smile.
我感受到那些阻塞。
I feel that blockages.
我感受到那种情绪,然后跟它打个招呼。
I feel that feeling, and I'm say hi to it.
我与它们或与它同在,并继续微笑。
I stay with them or with it and keep smiling.
感受那个美丽的怪物,与它同在,或在它附近,不沉溺,不压抑,也不逃避它。
Feel that beautiful monster, stay with it or stay nearby and not indulging, not suppressing, not running away from it.
我在这里。
I'm there.
我在这里陪着你。
I'm there with you.
但什么都不做,不作任何评论,不讲什么华丽的讲座,只是倾听并陪伴。
But doing nothing, no giving any commentary, no beautiful lectures, just listen and be there.
我称之为全然在场。
I call fully being.
就完全与之共处,然后不时地微笑。
Just fully be with that and then time to time smile.
嘿,这不是我。
Hey, is not me.
这是我的残留印记被激活了。
It's my leftover imprint activated.
好的。
Okay.
对那个美丽的怪物温柔一点。
And to kind to the beautiful monster.
我知道这不是我。
I know it's not me.
这种信念来自你的认知思维,非常重要。
This this conviction is important from your cognitive mind.
是的。
Yes.
这是一些残留的东西。
It is a leftover stuff.
这不是我。
It is not me.
它可能会打开。
It can open up.
当它打开时,我们会学到很多美好的东西。
When it open up, there's a lot of beautiful things we can learn.
我们可以被改变。
We can be transformed.
哇。
Wow.
但现在它很痛苦。
But it is painful right now.
所以我有一个咒语,叫它真实但不真。
So I have a mantra called it is real but not true.
痛苦的感觉是真实的,但它传递的信息是错误的。
The feeling of pain is real but it is carrying wrong message.
所以最终,你们应该彼此交流。
So eventually, you should talk to each other.
认知思维和情感世界需要彼此对话。
The cognitive mind, the feeling world need to talk to each other.
但首先,它们需要走到一起。
But at first, they need to come together.
没有对话。
No conversation.
只是微微一笑,认真倾听。
Just smiling a little bit and listen.
有一天,那个美丽的怪物开始敞开。
And one day, the beautiful monster start to open up.
我想了解更多。
I like to know more.
你为什么这么平静?
Why are so calm?
你总是告诉我该做什么、不该做什么,这个好、那个坏,我喜欢、我不喜欢,但这次你却安静、放松,你在我身边,却没有责备我,也没有压抑我。
You're always telling me something, do this, don't do this, you'll this is good, this is bad, I like, I don't like but this time you're quiet, relaxed, you are there for me, but you're not scolding me, You are not suppressing me.
那是什么?
What is that?
发生什么了?
What happening?
于是,情感世界开始打开。
Then the beginning of opening from the feeling world starts.
对不起。
Sorry.
太长了。
It's too long.
不。
No.
这太完美了。
It's perfect.
这是一个非常重要的主题。
And it's such an important subject.
这个主题,实际上,鲁佩什,在过去几年里对我自己的生活产生了巨大的影响。
And this subject, actually, Rupesh, has had an immense impact on my own life over the last couple of years.
我一直在深入研究‘握手练习’这个理念。
I've been studying this idea of handshake practice a lot.
正如你所知,我最近刚参加了你在纽约州举办的一周静修营。
As you know, I came on a one week retreat with you very recently in New York State.
我向你提了一个问题,因为我说过,让我震惊的一件事是,当我试图保持沉默时,结果发现我几乎做不到。
And I asked you a question about this because I was saying one of the things that was shocking to me was as I was trying to be silent, which it turns out I'm almost incapable of.
这会让你感到惊讶。
This will surprise you.
许多情绪从我的青少年时期浮现出来,那时我感到一种悲伤,一种失落感,以及那种孤独的记忆。
A lot of emotions came up from my teenage years where I felt like this sadness and a kind of, yeah, just like a sort of disappointment and a memory of that loneliness.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我问你该如何应对。
And I asked you how to deal with it.
你对我说,要与之共处,接纳它,感受身体里的这些情绪,不要试图评判或改变它们,只是静静地与之相伴。
And you said to me, well, stay with it, be with it, feel the emotions in your body without trying to judge them or change them, kind of resting with it.
但你也对我说,要对它微笑。
But you also said to me, smile at it.
这对我帮助极大,因为我总觉得这些事太过严肃。
That was incredibly helpful to me because I feel like I take all of this stuff much too seriously.
是的。
Yes.
你似乎更轻松、更接纳,当这些痛苦的情绪浮现时,你愿意以更温和的方式与它们共处。
You seem more lighthearted and more accepting that when these painful things come up, you're happy to sit with them in a gentler way.
真的吗?
Really.
是的。
Yes.
我只是像你说的那样,就那样陪着它,不指望它会消失,但它自己就消失了。
I just I feel as you say, and I just stay with that and not hoping that it will go away, but it goes away.
所以每当你心存希望,哦,我在做握手练习。
So whenever you have hope, oh, I am doing handshake practice.
哦,通过握手方法、握手练习法,我那美丽的怪兽就会转变。
Oh, through the handshake method, handshake practice method, my beautiful monster will transform.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这是个很好的方法。
This is a great method.
我觉得你得跟那种感觉、那个想法握手。
I think you have to handshake that feeling, that thought.
这是你原本美丽的怪兽,然后握手就来了。
This is your original beautiful monster, then the handshake comes.
哇。
Wow.
握手是一种非常美好、奇妙的技巧和方法。
Handshake is so nice, wonderful technique, wonderful method.
我要把这个方法用在我的美丽怪兽身上。
I'm going to apply to my beautiful monster.
然后这又变成了怪兽。
And this is become monster again.
那个想法、那种感受希望通过这种方法不断转化、转化、转化。
That thought, that feeling want to transform, transform, transform by this method.
所以,再次,放下第一个。
So, again, drop the first one.
只是向第二个想法、第二个感受打个招呼,然后与之放松相处。
Just say hello to the second thought, second feeling, and relax with that.
只是放松。
Just relax.
然后就出现了一个空间。
And then there's a space.
我认为在西方,我们很多人如果
I think in the West, a lot of us If
你在这里放松,在这里放松,就会一直这样。
you relax here, relax here, then always like this.
所以我们必须一起放松。
So we have to relax together.
是的。
Yeah.
如果我们总是冲突的话
Always clashing if we're
这样。
like this.
是的。
Yeah.
握手,放松。
Handshake man and relax.
但一开始,你的手可以放松,但你知道,那个美丽的怪物可能会稍微给你点颜色看看。
But at the beginning, your mind hand can be relaxed, but, you know, beautiful monster might bang you a little bit.
让我回退一下。
Let me go back.
所以丹在书中将它描述为激进的不抵抗。
So Dan describes it in the book, I think, as radical nonresistance.
所以,丹,你能谈谈这个吗?
So in a sense, Dan, can you talk about this?
因为你也非常了解这方面的科学。
Because you also know a great deal about the science of this.
你的哈佛大学心理学博士学位,而且你还娶了一位在正念和如何应对童年模式方面都是专家的人。
Mean, you have a PhD in psychology from Harvard and you're also married to someone who's an expert both in mindfulness and in a lot of these ideas of how to deal with patterns from our childhood.
你能从自己的角度补充一下吗?当这些情绪浮现时,不去压抑它们,而是去迎接、欢迎、热情地握手,而不是立刻用对立的方法去应对。
Can you add your own perspective on what's going on here by not suppressing this stuff when it comes up, but actually greeting it, welcoming it, handshaking it warmly, and not necessarily applying an antidote to it.
你知道,从西方科学的角度来看,当我查阅文献时,我相当惊讶地发现,比如斯坦福大学有非常出色的研究表明,人们只需简单地与情绪共处并接纳,不加评判,不试图去修复它,正如仁波切所说,不回避它,只是感受并接纳这些情绪,结果证明这非常有效。
You know, from a Western scientific perspective, I was quite surprised when I looked at the literature to see, for example, there's very good research at Stanford University on how people can just simply be with and accept without judging, without trying to fix it, as Rinpoche was saying, without avoiding it, just feeling the feelings and accepting the feelings turns out to be very powerful.
现在有一些很好的脑科学研究表明,如果你能保持这种接纳的态度,它就会像仁波切所说的那样逐渐消散。
There's good brain research on this now that shows that if you can have this kind of accepting attitude, it dissipates, as Rinpoche was saying.
这是一项实验室研究,与你的问题毫无关系,但数据完全一致。
And this was a lab study, had nothing to do with your problem, but it's absolutely convergent data.
完全正确。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yes.
让我们短暂休息一下,听听今天赞助商的介绍。
Let's take a quick break and hear from today's sponsors.
当你经营一家小企业时,雇佣合适的人才至关重要。
When you're running a small business, hiring the right person can make all the difference.
合适的员工能提升你的团队,提高生产力,并将你的业务推向新的高度。
The right hire can elevate your team, boost your productivity and take your business to the next level.
但找到合适的人选本身可能就像一份全职工作。
But finding that person can feel like a full time job in itself.
这就是LinkedIn招聘的用武之地。
That's where LinkedIn jobs comes in.
他们的新AI助手通过为你匹配真正符合你需求的顶尖候选人,消除了招聘中的猜测成分。
Their new AI assistant takes the guesswork out of hiring by matching you with top candidates who actually fit what you're looking for.
无需再翻阅大量简历,它会根据你的标准筛选申请人,并突出显示最匹配的人选,为你节省数小时时间,并在合适人选出现时帮助你快速行动。
Instead of sifting through piles of resumes, it filters applicants based on your criteria and highlights the best matches, saving you hours and helping you move fast when the right person comes along.
最棒的是,这些优秀候选人已经活跃在LinkedIn上。
The best part is that those great candidates are already on LinkedIn.
事实上,通过LinkedIn招聘的员工至少留任一年的可能性比通过主要竞争对手招聘的员工高出30%。
In fact, employees hired through LinkedIn are 30% more likely to stick around for at least a year compared to those hired through the leading competitor.
一次就招对人。
Hire right the first time.
免费发布职位至 linkedin.com/studybill,然后推广职位以使用LinkedIn招聘的新AI助手,更轻松快捷地找到顶尖候选人。
Post your job for free at linkedin.com/studybill then promote it to use LinkedIn jobs new AI assistant, making it easier and faster to find top candidates.
这就是 linkedin.com/studybill,免费发布您的职位。
That's linkedin.com/studybill to post your job for free.
条款和条件适用。
Terms and conditions apply.
想象一下,借助真正理解您客户的科技来扩展您的业务。
Imagine scaling your business with technology that understands your customers, literally.
这正是 Alexa 和 AWS AI 背后的故事。
That's the story behind Alexa and AWS AI.
每天,Alexa 在 17 种语言中处理超过 10 亿次互动,同时将客户摩擦降低 40%。
Every day, Alexa processes over 1,000,000,000 interactions across 17 languages, all while reducing customer friction by 40%.
这不仅仅是让生活更轻松,更是改变客户互动并创造新的收入来源。
It's not just about making life easier, it's also about transforming customer engagement and generating new revenue streams.
在幕后,AWS AI 驱动着 70 多个专用模型协同工作,打造自然对话,证明企业如何以信心和安全性大规模部署 AI。
Behind the scenes, AWS AI powers more than 70 specialized models working together to create natural conversations, proving how enterprises can deploy AI at scale with confidence and security.
Alexa 的 AI 能力在亚马逊庞大的运营中经过实战检验,实现了可衡量的大规模实际影响。
Alexa's AI capabilities were battle tested across Amazon's massive operations, delivering real measurable impact at scale.
这些相同的创新现在为其他企业提供了经过验证的框架,以提升效率、解锁新的收入来源并获得持久的市场优势。
These same innovations now give other businesses a proven framework to boost efficiency, unlock new revenue streams and gain a lasting market edge.
访问 aws.com/ai/rstory 了解 Alexa 的故事。
Discover the Alexa story at aws.comai/rstory.
那就是 aws.com/ai/rstory。
That's aws.com/ai/rstory.
你的比特币资产越多,面临的挑战就越复杂。
The more your Bitcoin holdings grow, the more complex your challenges become.
最初简单的自托管,如今已演变为涉及家庭遗产规划、复杂的安保决策,以及一个错误就可能损失数代财富的境况。
What started as a simple self custody now involves family legacy planning, sophisticated security decisions, and navigating situations where a single mistake could cost generations of wealth.
标准服务并未为这些高风险的现实情况而设计。
Standard services weren't built for these high stakes realities.
因此,长期投资者选择 Unchained Signature——一项专为认真持有比特币的人士提供的高端私人客户服务,提供专业指导、稳健托管和持久的合作关系。
That's why long term investors choose Unchained Signature, a premium private client service for serious Bitcoin holders who want expert guidance, resilient custody, and an enduring partnership.
使用 Signature 服务,您将获得专属客户经理,他们了解您的目标,并在每一步为您提供帮助。
With Signature, you're paired with your own dedicated account manager, someone who understands your goals and helps you every step of the way.
您将享受全方位的入职服务、当日紧急支持、个性化教育、降低交易费用,以及优先参与独家活动和功能。
You get white glove onboarding, same day emergency support, personalized education, reduced trading fees, and priority access to exclusive events and features.
Unchained 的协作托管模式旨在为那些希望自行保管密钥的用户提供与全球最大比特币托管机构同等的安全保障。
Unchained's collaborative custody model is designed to provide the same security posture as the world's biggest Bitcoin custodians, but for those who prefer to hold their own keys.
了解更多关于 Unchained Signature 的信息,请访问 unchained.com/preston。
Learn more about Unchained signature at unchained.com/preston.
结账时使用代码 Preston 10,即可享受首年 10% 折扣。
Use code Preston 10 at checkout to get 10% off your first year.
比特币不仅仅是为了人生。
Bitcoin isn't just for life.
它是为了世代传承。
It's for generations.
好的。
Alright.
回到节目。
Back to the show.
这很有趣。
It's interesting.
几年前,我还另外开始多次阅读一本由前精神病医生大卫·霍金斯写的书,我认为他后来变成了一种开悟的神秘主义者。
There's also there's a book that I separately started to read multiple times a couple of years ago by, a former psychiatrist called David Hawkins, who I think became kind of an enlightened mystic.
他几年前去世了。
He passed away a few years ago.
他谈到了一种放下的技巧,这种方法非常相似,他认为,维持这些情绪和困难思维模式背后能量的,实际上是对此的抗拒。
And he talked about a letting go technique that's very similar, a mechanism, where he said, the thing that keeps the energy behind these emotions, these difficult thought patterns or emotions going, is actually the resistance to them.
因此他说,当你停止抗拒,只是允许它存在,与它共处,无论你是在冥想还是在日常生活中,因为正如佛教哲学所言,一切皆无常,事物会变化,强度自然会消退。
And so he said when you stop resisting and you just let it be and you just abide with it, whether you're meditating or just in regular life, because everything is impermanent, as we know from Buddhist philosophy, things change and the intensity kind of dissipates.
这有共鸣吗?
Does that resonate?
这是对正在发生的事情的准确描述吗?
Is that a fair description of what's going on?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我认为许多不同的传统都得出了相同的洞见,只是路径不同。
I think that many different traditions have come to the same insight, different avenues.
我不认识大卫·霍金斯,但他的观点完全说得通,无论是从科学角度——与情绪共处而不抗拒、不执着,只是接纳——来看。
So I didn't know David Hawkins, but it makes total sense, both from a scientific point of view, being with without resisting, without attaching, just accepting.
科学正是这样告诉我们的。
That's what the science is telling us.
但你的传统也是这样告诉我们的。
But it's also what your tradition is telling us.
他所说的也是如此。
It's what he's saying too.
我认为这本质上都是同一件事。
I think it's all the same thing.
这对我来说非常深刻,因为我觉得它真的能改变人生,因为我们从小在西方长大。
It's very profound to me because I think actually life changing because we grew up in the West.
我们并没有真正被教导如何应对自己的情绪。
We weren't really taught how to deal with our emotions.
对吧?
Right?
当负面情绪出现时,比如你感到不足、尴尬、羞愧或不够好,你根本不知道该如何应对。
And when negative stuff came up, like if you felt inadequate or you felt embarrassed or ashamed or not good enough, you couldn't really deal with it.
所以你可能会通过评判别人、憎恨自己、更加努力或苛责自己来处理这些问题。
So you would deal with it maybe by judging somebody else or by hating yourself or by working harder or by beating yourself up.
因此,我认为这些方法在我的生活中确实起过作用。
And so there were all of these techniques that I think actually worked in my life.
它们在很多方面让我更成功,但并不能让你快乐。
They made me more successful in many ways, but they don't make you happy.
所以我觉得,我们从未被教会一种真正有效的方法,如果这么说能理解的话。
And so I feel like we weren't taught a good technology, if it makes sense.
今天我们谈到为学校开发一个针对孩子的项目,帮助他们实现这种内在成长,以免走上你所描述的那条老路。
We were talking today about developing a program for schools, for kids, to help them with this kind of inner growth so that they won't go down the usual path, which is what you're describing.
我们的社会奖励的是表现优异,而不是善良、平静或清醒。
Mean, our society rewards us for doing well, not for being kind or for being calm or clear.
我们不得不在人生的后期去发现这一点,就像你正在发现的那样。
We have to find that later in life, you know, as as you're discovering.
但如果我们能从一开始就帮助孩子们获得这种能力,我认为这将是一份伟大的礼物。
But if we could help kids get that from the beginning, I think that would be a great gift.
仁波切,您的‘完全存在’课程中有一句非凡的话,过去几年我一直反复聆听。
There's an extraordinary line, Rinpoche, from your fully being course, which I have listened to over the last couple of years.
我会在节目笔记中附上这句话,以及您书籍的参考资料和链接。
And I'll include this in the show notes along with references to your your books, links to your books.
您曾说过一句非凡的话:总有一天,我们所有美丽的怪兽都会信任我们,成为我们的朋友。
There's an extraordinary line where you say, one day, all of our beautiful monsters will trust us and be our friends.
您还说:安住于不评判的慈悲家园。
And you also say, rest in the kind home of non judging.
我觉得这个‘不评判’、不评判自己的理念非常有趣。
And I thought that was just really interesting, this idea of non judging, not judging ourselves.
您能谈谈这种不评判、不自我评判的态度吗?
Can you talk about that attitude of non judgment, non self judgment?
是的。
Yes.
如果我们正确地握手,那就是不评判,因为根本没有评判的余地。
If we do the handshake properly, then that is nonjudging because there's no way to judge.
这几乎是一种与美丽怪兽的合一状态。
It is with almost like a oneness with the beautiful monster.
所以那里没有空间。
So there's no space there.
就像它自己打开了。
Like so it opened by itself.
所以你只需在那里,一开始不要把自己当成一个分离的个体,让心智、自我执着停止靠近,只是微笑、倾听。
So you just be there, not like a separate at the at the beginning, maybe you stay nearby, the mind, the the ego fixation, stop staying nearby, and smile, listen.
慢慢地,慢慢地,只是保持在一起。
Slowly, slowly, just stay together.
一旦你保持在一起,不评判就是自然的。
Once you stay together, the non judging is natural.
然后,当然,你可以在某些时候应用它。
And then, of course, you can apply it sometime.
你可以相信,哦,这个就是你所知道的,那个美丽怪物的内在能力或本性。
You can, oh, this is you know, trust the capable or innate nature of the beautiful monster.
正如你所说,它是无常的,它会变化。
As you say, impermanent, it changes.
它并不是你固有的、你所知道的那种东西。
It's not your inherent, you know, thing.
它只是偶然出现,如果有合适的因缘,它就会打开。
It just came about, and then if there's a right cause and condition, and it will open up.
所以,主要的是,你要信任那个美丽怪物,而美丽怪物最终也会信任。
So mainly, you trust the beautiful monster, and the beautiful monster eventually trust.
然后,就这样了。
And then that's it.
开放就会发生。
The openness happen.
所以,你是在对那个美丽的怪物说,你想待多久就待多久。
So there there's a sense that you're saying to the beautiful monster, you you can stay here as long as you want.
我不需要摆脱我的恐惧、我的不足感、我的悲伤、我的嫉妒或我的愤怒。
I I don't need to get rid of my fear, my sense of inadequacy, my sadness, my jealousy, my anger.
这就像它是人性的一部分。
It's like it's part of being human.
我能看见你在那里,而我愿意和你相处。
It's I can see you there, and I'm okay hanging out with you.
这样的态度可以这样总结吗?
Is that an okay summary of that attitude?
确实有这样一种态度。
There's some kind of attitude like that.
是的。
Yeah.
但已经改变了。
But it changed.
秘密在于它改变了。
The secret is it changed.
但一开始不能期望太高。
But you cannot expect too much at the beginning.
哇。
Wow.
如果我练习握手,一切都会好起来的。
If I practice handshake, everything will be okay.
但它确实如此。
But it is.
这种美会从其中显现出来。
It will be this beauty will come out of that.
你在书中专门写了一章关于美丽怪物的主题,我真的很鼓励大家去读。
You have a whole chapter on this subject of beautiful monsters in the book, which I I really encourage people to read.
它描述了握手练习的四个步骤:你与美丽怪物——这种令人不安的情绪或模式——相遇,并与之共处,感受它,倾听它,等待并陪伴它。
It describes the four steps for handshake practice, where you're meeting the beautiful monster, this upsetting emotion or pattern, and you're being with it, feeling it, listening to it, and waiting, staying with it.
然后,我想是与它沟通,并使用林池仁波切所说的咒语:它是真实的,但并不真实。
And then I guess communicating with it and using the mantra that Rinpoche said, which is it's real, but not true.
这种感觉是真实的。
This feeling is real.
痛苦可能是真实的,但那个叙事并不真实。
The pain may be real, but the narrative's not true.
所以我非常鼓励大家去关注这一点。
So I really encourage people to look at this.
这非常、非常有帮助。
It's very, very helpful.
但你在书中提到,有时我们所面对的情绪实际上过于强烈,必须退一步,特别是当它涉及严重创伤时。
But you do mention in the book that sometimes the emotions that we're sitting with are actually kind of too intense and we have to back off, particularly if it's something that's been traumatic, really traumatic.
你谈到过,在进行握手练习时,如果浮现的情绪过于强烈,该怎么办?
You talk a bit about this idea of what to do when the emotions that come up are too intense when you're doing handshake practice?
你该如何应对?
How do you deal with it?
因为显然,如果生活中发生过极其灾难性的事件,你不希望再次创伤自己。
Because obviously you don't want to re traumatize yourself if something really catastrophic has happened in your life.
如果感觉太强烈,你该如何应对?
How do you deal with it if it's too intense?
当然。
Of course.
所以你需要回到一些让你感到安好的方面。
So you have to come back to some of your well-being areas.
也许先从呼吸开始,或者只是安住于身体的感觉中。
Maybe on the breath first, or just rest in the sensation of the body.
也许不要过于靠近那种情绪,那个内在的情感世界。
Maybe not to go close to the feeling, the inner feeling world.
不要离那个美丽的怪物太近,或者你内在可能有一个安全、放松、开放的地方,那就去那里,滋养它。
Not too close to the beautiful monster, or maybe you have a some place in your being there's a safe, relaxed, open place, and go there and nurture that.
持续滋养那个地方,然后时不时地跟创伤打个招呼,微笑一下,再回到呼吸上。我相信,即使是受过创伤的人,内心也一定有一些积极的东西。
And keep nurturing that and then time to time say hi to the trauma and then smile and then come back to your breath, your I'm sure even the traumatized people have something in their being.
那里有一种幸福感和安全感,所以去那里。
There's some well-being and like a secure feeling, so go there.
我把这称为基地营。
And that I call this base camp.
所以你就像回到基地营,然后再去攀登珠穆朗玛峰,处理那些困难的事情。
So it's like you're going back to the base camp, and then you go back to climb Mount Everest and deal deal with the difficult stuff.
是的。
Yes.
你可以做一些行走冥想。
And you can do a little bit of walking meditation.
我甚至很喜欢这个。
Even I like this.
只是感受当你做时
Just feel when you do
给正在听的人们搓一搓手。
Rubbing your hands together for people who are listening.
非常放松。
Very relaxing.
吸气。
Breathe in.
就这样轻轻地。
And just gently like this.
对于正在聆听的人,仁波切正用双手轻轻抚摸自己的手臂,可以说是在安抚自己。
For for people who are just listening, Rinpoche is rubbing his arms gently with his hands, so he's kind of soothing himself, I would say.
然后让觉知停留在那里。
Then just awareness land there.
你带着那种感觉安住下来,放松。
You land with that feeling and relax.
然后,也许通过那扇门,你可以与一位美好的上师连接。
And then maybe through that door, you can connect with a beautiful master.
而且,时不时地,如果你能,也改变一下认知信念。
And then time to time, if you can, change the cognitive belief also.
认知信念。
Cognitive belief.
就像那样。
Like that.
换句话说,你正在想什么?
What you're thinking about, in other words?
念头开始改变,对念头友善一些,哦,我知道念头总会这样想,但只是觉察到它,与它一起放松。
Thinking start to change, be kind to thinking, oh, I know thinking is thing will think this way, but just aware of that, relax with that.
然后你会慢慢感觉到,我称之为茶包。
Then slowly you will feel I call tea bag.
茶在那里,那里有个茶包。
Tea up there, there's a bag there.
所以那个茶包可能是一种创伤。
So that tea bag could be a trauma.
或者创伤加上其他东西。
Or trauma plus something else.
所以你可能与一系列创伤握手,而不是主要的创伤感受。
So you can handshake maybe with a retinue of trauma, not the main traumatic feeling.
所以一个打开,另一个打开,减少强化,减少反应,即使我们有强烈的创伤,但周围始终存在开放性。
So one open up, second open up, and less reinforce, less reaction, then although we have intense trauma, but there's always openness around it.
因此,我们正在努力寻找这种开放性。
So we are trying to find that openness.
而这种开放性将包容或承载创伤体验。
And that openness will embrace or hold the traumatic experience.
所以这再次是一种温柔与温暖的态度,而不是对抗。
So it's again an attitude of gentleness and and warmth rather than fighting.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
完全不抵抗。
Not fighting at all.
有时候我说的对抗,你知道,创伤可能会稍微击倒你。
A fight, sometimes I call it, you know, trauma might beat you a little bit.
你就接受它。
You just take it.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
然后太多了,你就稍微退开一点。
And then too much, then you go away a little bit.
然后再回来。
And then come back again.
待在附近,待在附近,也许是个好地方。
Stay nearby, and stay nearby, maybe good place.
也许是个美好的回忆,也许是个平静的地方。
Maybe good memory, maybe a calm place.
是吗?
Yes?
在身体中找到一些放松。
Find some relaxation in the body.
嗯。
Yeah.
有趣的是,这与创伤治疗的方法相似,因为当你与治疗师处理创伤时,你也在建立一种信任的关系,并感到安全。
And interesting that this parallels a therapeutic approach to trauma because when you work with a therapist with trauma, you're doing the same sort of establishing a trusting alliance and you feel safe.
在这种方法中,有时他们会谈到自我调节剂量,这确实是一种看待接近或靠近的不同方式。
And sometimes in this approach, they talk about dosing yourself, which is really, I think, different way of thinking about being near or approaching.
你只接受你能承受的量,不要过多。
You take it only as much as you can and not too much.
因为你的问题其实是:当感觉太多时,你该怎么做?
Because your question was really, what do you do when it's too much?
每次都承担一点小风险,慢慢进入。
And Always take little risk, go in every time.
一点点,我进来了。
Little bit, I'm coming in.
一点点,更靠近了。
Little bit, coming closer.
一点点,更靠近了。
Little bit, coming closer.
但要温柔地。
But gently.
当然。
Of course.
非常温柔。
Very gentle.
非常温柔。
Very kind.
非常温柔。
Very kind.
在那次静修期间,你对我说了一句让我印象深刻的话,你说,你的那些美丽的怪物现在已经伤害不到你了。
You said something striking to me during that retreat where where you said, you know, your beautiful monsters can't hurt you now.
你不需要再害怕它们。
You You don't need to be afraid of them.
这让我感到安心,哦,原来如此。
And it was kinda reassuring to be like, oh, okay.
你知道,这些童年和青年时期的回忆,感觉非常强烈。
You know, this this stuff feels intense, all these memories of childhood and youth.
但确实,很多时候我们都会建立起强大的防御机制,来抵御一切痛苦的事物。
And but, yeah, it was I think so much of the time we build this very strong defense against anything that's painful.
尤其是对男性来说,如果你是一个有抱负的男性。
May maybe particularly for men, if you're, like, an ambitious man.
你觉得自己必须坚强、硬朗,假装自己没有脆弱之处。
You're like, I've got to be strong and tough and pretend that I'm not vulnerable.
所以,听到其实你可以对这一切更温柔一点、更幽默一点,真的是一种解脱。
And so in a way, it was a real relief to hear, well, actually, you can be a little gentler with it, a little more amused by it all.
谢谢你。
So thank you.
你有权利感受。
You're allowed to feel.
你有权利,你知道的,哭泣。
You're allowed to, you know, cry.
你可以哭,但不要评判自己。
You cry, but not judging.
这仅仅是一种馈赠。
It's just a offering.
你也可以笑。
And you can laugh too.
你可以笑。
You can laugh.
我打算在采访过程中尽量不哭。
I'm gonna try not to cry during our interview.
我会等到之后再哭。
I'm gonna wait till afterwards.
所以,仁波切,我想转向另一个我深知您深思熟虑的挑战性话题,那就是压力以及您所说的‘匆忙’。
So, Rinpoche, I wanted to turn to another challenging subject that I know you've thought about a great deal, which is the whole issue of stress and what you call speediness.
显然,过去三十多年里,您已走遍世界各地,在美国、英国、丹麦、台湾、香港以及许多其他地方传授教法。
And obviously you've traveled around the world a great deal for more than thirty years now teaching in The US and The UK and Denmark and Taiwan and Hong Kong and many other places.
我想先问问,您在美国等国家观察到这种压力、繁忙和您所说的‘匆忙’现象时,有什么发现?
And I'm wondering first what you've observed in countries like The US about this kind of this challenge of stress and busyness and and what you call speediness.
您能否谈谈这里文化上正在发生什么,以及它如何体现在我们的身体上?
Can you talk about culturally what's going on here and also how it's manifesting in our bodies?
然后我们可以再讨论一下该如何应对。
And then we can talk a bit about what to do about it.
我认为这种文化从童年起就鼓励人们做任何事都要快,从不给人们留出思考或停顿的时间,总是需要以快速模式行事。
I think the culture really encourage do everything fast from childhood, doesn't give any time to wonder or, like, always need to do something in the fast mode.
否则你可能无法完成任务。
Otherwise you might not accomplish.
因此,来自环境的这种持续信息会进入我们的系统——我称之为细微身,包括粗重的身体和认知心智,而在两者之间,有一个感受的世界,我称之为细微身。
So that constant message from environment goes into our, I call our system, our subtle body, the gross body and the cognitive mind, but in between there's a feeling world, I call the subtle body.
而这些信息就这样进入了我们的系统。
And that, you know, went into the system.
然后你又继续推动它,继续随它而行。
And then then you move that again and then going with that.
当你年轻的时候,这还比较可以接受。
When you are young, it's quite okay.
但总有一天,它会失去控制,失去平衡。
But the one day, that become out of control, out of balance.
你的内心渴望稍微放松一下。
Your mind want to be a little relaxed.
你的身体也想要放松。
Your physical also wants to be relaxed.
但在能量层面,我总想赶紧去做。
But this movement in the energy world, I want to I wanna go.
我想做这件事。
I want to do this.
我想去预订。
I want to book.
所以我称之为速度的失衡。
So I call this unbalanced of speed limit.
所以它总是像我所说的,汽车处于空挡状态。
So it's always like I call, like, car is in the Neutral.
空挡。
Neutral.
油门踩到底,但车却原地不动。
And the full accelerator, the car is going nowhere.
只是在加速。
Just speeding.
比如,你四天后需要去机场,但你的加速行为却让你在真正到达之前已经多次‘去过’机场。
Like, if you need to go to airport after four days, but your speeding is is went to airport many times before you really arrive there.
所有这些匆忙的事情,哦,回头。
And everything about a rush, oh, back.
我需要回头。
I need to back.
我正在和朋友说话。
I'm going talking to the friend.
所有这些令人压抑、空洞、忙碌的状态,实际上就是压力的根源,我发现的。
All this like loomy, I call that, airy, busy, that actually is the cause of stress, I found it.
如果你意识到这一点,然后通过某种技巧或冥想练习保持适当的平衡,那么健康的速度就会在你的能量身体中流动。
If you're aware of that, and then you can keep the right balance with some technique or meditation practice, then the healthy speed is moving in your energetic body.
那么,让我们详细谈谈如何做到这一点,仁波切,因为这本书提供了一些非常具体的方法来降低这种能量。其中一种是你提到的呼吸控制法——腹式呼吸。
So let let's talk about how to do this in some detail, Rinpoche, because the book offers some very specific ideas for how to bring down this energy when it's One of them, though, there's a breath control method you talk about, belly breathing.
你能简单描述一下如何使用腹式呼吸吗?我想你 either 躺在地板上 or 坐在椅子上。
Can you just give a basic description of how you can use belly breathing where you I guess you either lie on the floor or you sit on a chair.
那你具体怎么做呢?
And what do you do?
你的注意力集中在肚脐周围。
You're you're focused around your navel.
你该怎么进行这种呼吸?
How do you do this?
当你处于快速模式时,所有的能量都会往上冲到脖子和头部,变得急躁不安。
When you are in the speedy mode, so everything goes up into your neck, head, the speediness.
就像这样。
It's like this.
通过呼吸和正念觉知,缓慢吸气,将能量慢慢带下来,进行深沉的腹式呼吸,在吸气时稍作停顿。
So by the help of breath and mindful awareness, slowly breathe in, bring down, and you do a belly breathing, deep breathing, and of the breathing in, stop little bit.
所以你的腹部就像一个气球。
So your belly is like a balloon.
对吧?
Right?
吸气时腹部会向外扩张,然后你屏住呼吸,是的。
And it's expanding out as you breathe in, and then you hold the breath Yes.
大概屏住八秒钟,类似这样?
For, like, eight seconds, something like that?
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
嗯。
Yeah.
八秒、五秒、四秒。
Eight second, five second, four second.
舒服就好。
Whatever is comfortable.
嗯。
Yeah.
啊。
A
稍微屏住一下,然后放松,再吸气。
little bit hold it, and then let it go and breathe in.
总有一天,这会变得非常自然。
And one day that become very natural.
你会知道当你真正进入CBD状态时,一切都会向上提升。
You will know when you are really in that CBD, everything went going up.
威廉,事实证明,这些方法的科学研究表明它们是有效的。
And William, it turns out that the scientific studies of these methods show it works.
它真的能让你从交感神经系统模式(即压力下的紧张状态)转向副交感神经系统模式,也就是休息与恢复状态。
It really shifts you from the sympathetic nervous system mode, which is the stressed speediness to a parasympathetic, which is your rest and recovery.
而且这是生理上发生的。
And it happens physiologically.
事实证明,这是一种非常有效的方法。
It's a very powerful method it turns out.
因此,在西藏,这种方法是自发地从印度传入的。
And so in Tibet, that was discovered spontaneously- From India.
例如,你也能在瑜伽中找到相同的方法。
And you find the same methods in yoga, for example.
现在科学研究表明:你知道吗?
And now the scientific studies are saying, you know what?
这真的有效。
This really works.
你在这里呼吸得太急促了。
You breathing too much up here.
是的。
Yeah.
不是在胸部,而是在腹部更低的位置。
Not not so much in the chest and more down in the belly.
更像是腹部在呼吸时这样扩张,然后在那里稍微停顿一下。
More like belly is doing like this, expanding when you breathe in, and then hold a little bit there.
然后有一天,你做得越来越少,于是你意识到,哦,我的快速能量就在那里。
And then one day you do less and less less, and then you know, okay, my speedy energy is down there.
我更自由了,我的脖子放松了,眼睛更平静了,我的感知更像是一种时间般的生活。
I'm more free, my neck is free, my eye is more cool, and my perception is more like a time kind of life.
然后你在工作时、处理事务时保持这种状态,你知道,你可以做到。
And then you hold that while you're working, while you're in the doing your business, and, you know, you can do that.
在你的新书《丹》的科学部分中,丹解释说这具有多种积极益处。
And the in the scientific part of your new book, Dan explains that this has an a whole array of positive benefits.
其中一个好处是,你对困扰事件的反应减少了。
Think one of them is that you're triggered less by troubling events.
但还有一个好处是,当你处于这种放松状态时,你的恢复能力更强,我认为你更有韧性。
But one of them is that you recover better, I think, when you're in this kind of relaxed state, that you're more resilient.
是这样吗,丹?
Is that right, Dan?
是的。
Yeah.
例如,在实验室科学中,韧性的技术定义是你从情绪高峰恢复到平静清晰状态的速度。
The technical definition, for example, in laboratory science of resilience is how quickly you recover from the peak of upset to getting back to calm and clear.
结果发现,你越频繁地使用这些方法,恢复得就越快。
And it turns out the more you do these methods, the quicker your recovery.
因此,当我们查阅所有关于冥想和呼吸等的文献时,发现了一个明显的剂量反应关系。
So that's one of the strong effects we found when you looked at all of the literature on meditation and on breathing and so on, is that there's a dose response.
你做得越多,就越不容易被触发,即使被触发,强度也越低,恢复得也越快。
The more you do it, the less triggered you are, the less intensely you're triggered, and the more quickly you recover when you are.
那么让我们更具体地谈谈冥想,因为显然我们已经讨论了书中描述的几种方法,比如呼吸技巧和握手练习。
So let's talk more specifically about meditation because obviously we've talked about a couple of the techniques that you describe in the book, this breathing technique and the handshake practice.
但这本书名为《我们为何冥想》,显然这是我们这里讨论的核心内容。
But the book is called Why We Meditate, and it's clearly a central part of what we're discussing here.
你在书中讨论了几种不同的技巧,帮助我们在感到散乱、不专注和困惑时通过冥想平静内心、冷静下来。
There are a couple of different techniques that you discuss in the book for how to settle the mind and cool us down through meditation when we're feeling scattered and unfocused and confused.
仁波切,你能给我们一些非常简单的指导,教我们如何通过专注于一个支持性对象来平静内心吗?最常见的是呼吸。
Can you, Rinpoche, give us some very simple instructions for how to settle the mind by meditating first on an object of support, whether it's the, I guess, most common one is the breath.
你能解释一下我们应该怎么做吗?
Can you explain how we would do that?
好的。
Yeah.
我认为在那之前,我会先做一个放下冥想,让心态、呼吸和动作三者合一,然后放下。
I think before that, I will do a dropping meditation, like a neat gesture, attitude in the mind, and breath, three things come together, you drop.
比如心态,好吧。
Like attitude, okay.
无论发生什么,就让它发生。
Whatever happens, happen.
无论没发生什么,也让它发生。
Whatever doesn't happen, happen.
没关系。
Doesn't matter.
我要放下了。
I'm going to let it go.
同时,你的手就这样自然垂落,呼气时就像
And at the same time, your hand just drop like that, and the breath out is like
这样。
this.
所以
So
对于只听而不看的人而言,本质上就是你将双手轻轻放在膝盖上,同时呼气。
for people who are who are listening to this rather than watching, it's essentially that you're kind of you're dropping your hands onto your lap and you're exhaling.
所以,你是在放下心中的态度。
So it's like, and and so you're dropping the attitude in your mind.
你正在让自己更多地脱离思维,仁波切,而更多地回归身体?
And you're you're so you're bringing yourself more out of your thinking mind, Grinpoche, and more into your body?
这就是正在发生的事吗?
Is that what's happening?
嗯,思维、身体,一切都在内。
Well, thinking mind, body, everything.
比如,思维在上面,不停地想各种事情,忙个不停,根本看不到真正的放松。
Like, you know, thinking mind is up there, thinking all different kind of things, you know, busy, cannot see the actual relaxation.
所以你得对思维说点‘不’,放下思维,去觉察身体。
So you have to say a little bit to no to the thinking mind and the drop thinking mind and aware of the body.
然后就在那里停留一会儿。
And just stay there for a while.
然后你依然拥有觉知的心。
And then you have still the knowing mind.
觉察依然存在。
You have still the awareness is still there.
清晰依然存在,但不再喋喋不休。
Clarity is still there, but not chatting.
聊天停止。
Chatting drop.
你显然没有看过我的内心,仁波切。
You you haven't looked inside my mind, obviously, Rinpoche.
当我处于这种状态时
When I'm in this state
我的意思是,你
I mean, what do
当你的思绪飞驰,你会说,好吧。
we do here when your your mind is racing and you're like, okay.
我想放松。
I wanna relax.
于是你说,我要进行这种放下。
And so you say, I'm gonna do this dropping.
我要开始平静下来。
I'm gonna start calming down.
所以,你坐在垫子上、地板上、沙发上或椅子上,把手放在膝盖上,呼气,慢慢放松,试着感受你的身体。
So you sit there on your cushion or on your floor or on your sofa or on your chair, and you drop your hands down to your lap and you exhale and you kind of let go and you try to feel your body.
然后你的思绪开始飞驰,你开始想:等等,我有个截止日期,真不敢相信我妻子刚说了那句话,她真的要我去接孩子吗?
Then your mind starts racing and you start to say, but wait, I've got this deadline and I can't believe my wife just said this and really she wants me to pick up the kid?
当你的思绪开始飞驰时,你该怎么办呢?
Like, what do you do then when your mind starts racing?
然后你会意识到,确实有必要去接孩子,但别忘了冥想。
Then you see it is really necessary that I need to pick up my children, then don't wanna forget about meditation.
去接孩子吧。
Go and pick up.
但情况可能并非如此。
But it it might not be that.
也可能是一些别的事情。
It might be some other stuff then.
你知道吗,我认为仁波切有一些非常有力的咒语,可以配合‘放下’来使用,帮助你应对思绪纷飞。
You know, I think there's some powerful mantras that Rinpoche has that you can use with the dropping, which help you with the thought racing.
其中一个 mantra 是:谁在乎呢?
One of them is, who cares?
发生什么就是什么。
Whatever happens, happens.
当你放下时,如果能对自己说这句话,就意味着你能放下任何占据你思绪的牵挂。
If you can tell yourself that as you drop, that means you can let go of whatever preoccupation is capturing your mind.
我不是说永远放下。
I'm not saying forever drop.
我是说在那一刻。
I'm saying at that moment.
所以它为你打断了这个循环。
So it breaks the cycle for you.
我觉得这有点像握手练习,采取一种非常温和的方式。
I think kind of like the handshake practice where there's a very gentle approach.
当你采用放下的方法时,正如丹所说,这种方法在本书和在线的‘完全存在’课程中也有很好的描述,有一个 mantra:那又怎样?
When you do the dropping approach, which also is described very well in this book and in the Fully Being program online, as Dan was saying, there's this mantra, so what?
谁在乎呢?
Who cares?
这没什么大不了的。
It's no big deal.
我觉得像我这样的人,总是把一切都看得太严重,包括我自己和我所有的责任,其实这些责任也没那么重要,但我总觉得如果我不做,世界就会崩塌。
And I feel like for someone like me who takes everything too seriously, including myself, it's and all my responsibilities, just trying to learn, which aren't really such major responsibilities anyway, but I act like the world is gonna end if I don't do them.
抱歉。
Sorry.
别把你的生活联系得那么紧密。
Don't go all the way about linking your life.
责任是有的。
There's a responsible.
当然,你必须承担责任。
Of course, you have to take responsibility.
但你必须留出一些空间,我们不可能永远抱着杯子不放。
But the you have to have some space moment that you we cannot hold cup forever.
不是吗?
No?
那发生了什么?
Well, what happened?
你的手和杯子连在一起了。
Your hand is attached with a cup.
你能拥抱你的妻子吗?
Can you hug your wife?
不能。
Cannot.
所以先把杯子放下吧。
So drop the cup for a while.
现在手自由了,就保持这种自由一段时间,然后你就能敞开心扉,再去拥抱丹尼。
Now hand is free and stay with that freedom for a while, then you can your fresh open, then you can hug Danny.
否则,我手里拿着所有的书,所有拖着我的东西。
Otherwise, I'm I'm holding all the books, everything that carry me.
我一直在背着这些东西,所以根本没法做好。
I'm carrying that all the time that I cannot really do well.
我没法和他交朋友。
I cannot make friend with him.
我必须画下来或者放下来。
I have to draw or put down.
但放不下,其实是心的问题。
But put down somehow cannot, is the mind.
因为没有实实在在的东西支撑着。
Because there's no solid things holding.
但如果有实实在在的东西支撑着,你就能放下了。
But solid things hold hold, then you can put it down.
但这就像一个心理上的鞍具,东西都挂在上面。
But this is like a psychological saddleboard that stuff is hanging there.
所以你需要有点勇气,勇敢地放下。
So you're little bit like courage way couragely drop.
没关系。
It's okay.
无所谓。
Doesn't matter.
发生了的就是发生了。
It's whatever happened, happened.
没发生的反而发生了。
Whatever doesn't happen, happens.
所以好吧。
So okay.
无所谓的事。
Whatever doesn't matter.
好吧,现在重要了。
Okay, now it matters.
现在我的健康关怀来了。
Now my healthy care comes.
我的健康责任来了。
My healthy responsible come.
我有点开放和放松。
I'm a little bit open and rested.
那我们该怎么办?
So what shall we do?
我能为你做些什么来解决冲突问题?
What can I do for you to solve the conflict problems?
因此,智慧源于开放。
So the wisdom come out of openness.
智慧不会像速度那样突然出现。
Wisdom not come out this like a Speedyness.
速度。
Speediness.
是的。
Yeah.
放松。
Unclenching.
我感觉我总是在紧绷着。
Feel like I'm always clenching.
你知道吗?
You know?
就好像我在与世界抗争,也在与我的责任抗争。
It's like I I'm fighting the world and fighting my responsibilities.
总是这样,你知道吗?
It's always like you know?
所以,我认为我喜欢你的方法,仁波切,因为它给了我许可,让我能对这件事更柔软、更幽默一些。
And so I think what I like about your approach, Rinpoche, is it gives me permission to be a little bit softer and more humorous about it.
是的。
Yeah.
稍微像个孩子一样。
Be child a little bit.
保持一颗童心。
Child heart for one.
然后放松出来。
Then come out.
你需要休息,真正的休息。
You need to rest, proper rest.
如果你还紧抓着不放,你就没有在休息。
If you're holding on that, you're not resting.
当你没有好好休息时,你就无法体验到开放的状态。
When you don't rest properly, you're not experiencing openness.
当没有开放时,内在的美就不会显现。
When there's no openness, the inner beauty not coming.
所以,好吧,假设我们已经完成了放下。
So, okay, let's say we've we've done the dropping.
一
One
事情没问题。
thing is okay.
你可以放下,放下,但有些东西你放不下。
You can drop, drop, but something you cannot drop.
即使你想放下。
Even you want to drop.
那就是最后的一点。
That is the little final one.
强烈的印记。
Strong imprint.
你不能就这样放下。
You cannot drop like that.
所以你需要一个握手。
So there you need a handshake.
嘿。
Hey.
你吗?
Are you?
我来了。
I'm coming.
你想丢掉的那些东西是不能丢的。
That you wanna drop cannot drop that.
但很多东西可以丢。
But many things can drop.
有两样东西是不能丢的。
Many two things cannot drop.
所以这时候你需要来个握手。
So there you need to come handshake.
所以如果你在放下时,却感到自己仍然有些不堪重负、焦虑,心想:我永远不够好。
So if you're dropping and you have a sense that you're still a little overwhelmed and anxious and you're like, I'm never gonna be good enough.
我永远无法应对这一切。
I can never handle all of this.
你看看那个,然后和它握手。
You look at that and you handshake that.
和它握手。
Handshake that.
就是这样。
That's it.
是的。
Yes.
对它保持放松。
And be relaxed with that.
我不能放下。
Oh, I cannot drop.
我不能放下。
I cannot drop.
你好。
Hello.
放下那个想法、感受和握手。
Away of that thought and feeling and handshake that.
所以只是温柔地与它同在,就像说:哦,你好。
So just being being with it gently and being like, oh, hi.
好的。
Okay.
嗯。
Yeah.
我看到那个旧情绪又出现了。
I see that old emotion coming up.
欢迎欢迎来到派对。
Welcome welcome to the party.
所以这有点像是承认那些出现的、你熟悉的模式。
So it's a little bit so acknowledging the stuff that comes up that's just your familiar patterns.
但不仅仅来自你的认知思维。
But not only from your cognitive mind.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
它来了。
It's coming.
欢迎。
You are welcome.
不是那样的。
Not like that.
你感受到了。
You feel it.
情感世界中有一种真实感,是相连的。
There's some honesty from the feeling world is connected.
我惊讶于自己前额感受到的紧张程度。
I'm amazed at how much tension I feel in my forehead.
你知道吗?
You know?
我看着它,心里想:真的吗?
I, like, look at it and I'm like, really?
就好像我试图通过不断皱眉来解决所有这些问题。
It's like I'm trying to crunch all of these problems by frowning enough.
你知道吗?
You know?
当你更清楚地意识到自己是如何在身体上应对这些事情时,这真的很有趣。
It's interesting when you see how you're dealing with this stuff in your body when you become more aware of it.
所以我一直在努力停止对抗,停止和自己对抗。
So I'm trying to stop fighting the whole time, fighting myself.
不。
No.
欢迎。
Welcome.
这是我的放松方式。
This is my and relax.
你得坐在我书房里,提醒我这一点,仁波切。
You have to sit in my study reminding me of this, Rinpoche.
如果你能通过FaceTime接入,那就非常有帮助了。
If you could dial in on FaceTime, that would be very helpful.
那么,回到下一步,我们已经完成了放下。
So to go back to the next step then, so we've done the dropping.
我们把双手放在膝盖上。
So we're dropping our hands onto our laps.
我们放松。
We're relaxing.
我们在说:管它呢?
We're saying, Who cares?
那又怎样?
So what?
发生什么,就发生什么。
Whatever happens, happens.
没发生什么,就没发生什么。
Whatever doesn't happen, doesn't happen.
一切都很好。
It's all fine.
然后我们想开始冥想几分钟,只是为了稍微专注于某个支持性对象。
And then we wanna start meditating for a few minutes just to get a to focus a little on on some object of support.
你能稍微讨论一下这种技巧吗?我认为这是一种贯穿所有冥想传统的基本技巧。
Can you discuss this technique a little, which is a very fundamental technique that runs through all meditation traditions, I think.
这叫做业力咬合冥想。
It's called karma biting meditation.
你选择一个温和的对象。
You choose one gentle object.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。