本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗨,埃丝特。
Hi, Esther.
我该从何说起呢?
Where do I begin?
嗯,我想首先要说的是,在我成年后的大部分时间里,我的浪漫和性经历都是与男性有关的,但我想和你讲的故事是关于一个女孩的。
Well, I think the first thing to say is that for most of my adult life, my romantic and sexual experiences have been with men, but the story I wanna talk to you about is about a girl.
而我真正想问的是关于单恋的问题,以及你该如何面对单恋。
And my question really is around unrequited love and how do you live with unrequited love.
故事的背景是,在我大约11、12岁的时候,我对一个同学产生了极度的迷恋,并且对她产生了非常成熟的感情,幻想着我们之间可能的浪漫生活。
So the background to the story is that when I was young, maybe around 11, 12, I became extremely infatuated with one of my classmates and had very grown up sort of ideas about the kind of attraction I had towards her and what a possible romantic life would look like.
然而事实证明,当我鼓起勇气向她表白时,她直截了当地拒绝了我。
As it turns out, however, when I took the opportunity to sort of confess all of these feelings to her, She plainly said that she didn't feel the same way about me.
这种拒绝并不完全出乎意料,因为你知道,她和我来自完全不同的社会阶层。
That rejection was not entirely unexpected given that, you know, she's from an entirely different class than I and I was.
而且我家乡的社会结构某种程度上决定了恋爱关系,这一点我非常清楚。
And the social structure of the place I'm from sort of dictates, you know, romantic relationships, and I was very aware of that.
如今我已三十多岁,但最近她频繁出现在我的记忆中,我似乎无法忘记她。
So I'm now in my thirties, but of late and quite often, she comes up in my memory and I can't seem to forget her.
她在很大程度上塑造了我对情感关系的期待。
And she shapes a lot of what I expect emotionally in relationships.
她就像我感情生活中一个无声的角色,给我留下了许多渴望与未实现的愿望。
And she's a sort of silent character in my romantic life, and it leaves me with a lot of longing and unfulfilled desires.
所以我的问题其实是——虽然我知道这无解——但对我而言这是个生命课题:该如何与无果的爱共存。
So my my question, really, I I think I know is not one that can be resolved, but it's a life question for me, I think, of how to live with unrequited love.
本节目由Nature's Sunshine全新推出的海洋焕彩胶原蛋白赞助播出。
Support for this show comes from Nature's Sunshine all new Marine Glow Collagen.
又到了一年中夏热消退的时节。
It's that time of year when the summer heat is fading.
空气开始变得清爽。
The air is getting crisper.
树叶正渐渐转红。
The leaves are turning red.
一切都开始有了肉桂和南瓜的味道。
Everything starts tasting like cinnamon and pumpkins.
随着日落时间提前,我们享受阳光的时间变少,而接触蓝光的时间增多。
As the sun sets earlier, we spend less time with beams of sunshine and more time with the glow of blue light.
这就是为什么Nature's Sunshine新海洋之光含有叶黄素和其他抗氧化剂的蓝光阻断能力,以对抗蓝光暴露对皮肤和眼睛健康造成的损害。
That's why Nature's Sunshine New Marine Glow contains the blue light blocking power of lutein and other antioxidants to combat the damage to skin and eye health from blue light exposure.
体验更光彩的肌肤和经证实护眼效果的Nature's Sunshine新海洋之光,这是唯一经临床验证能同时支持眼睛与皮肤健康、并防御蓝光的胶原蛋白产品。
Experience more radiant skin and proven eye protection with Nature's Sunshine New Marine Glow, the only collagen product clinically proven to support eye and skin health and defend against blue light.
立即访问naturesunshine.com,尝试Nature's Sunshine全新海洋焕采胶原蛋白。
Try Nature's Sunshine New Marine Glow now at naturesunshine.com.
Entre Nous是我在Substack上的新家,为所有渴望以更多联结、自信、想象力和趣味性来生活、恋爱和工作的人而设。
Entre Nous is my new home on Substack for anyone who wants to live, love and work with more connection, confidence, imagination and playfulness.
我将临床洞察与文化评论及社群对话相结合呈现给大家。
I bring to you the combination of clinical insight with cultural commentary and community dialogue.
我想做的是开启一场对我们此刻关系中错综复杂之处的集体探索。
What I want to do is kick off a collective exploration of the intricacies of our relationships at this moment.
请加入我的Substack,我将每周为你撰写文章,与其他创作者进行直播互动,并为付费订阅者提供社区讨论论坛,以加强我们彼此之间的关系与联系。
Please join me on Substack, where I'll be writing to you weekly, hosting live streams with other creators, and for my paid subscribers, offering community discussion forums to strengthen our relationships and connections to one another.
付费会员还将获得我的播客《我们该从何开始?》的无广告版本。
Paying members will also get ad free episodes of my podcast, Where Should We Begin?
以及我们所有专属的《办公时间》加更集。
And all of our exclusive Office Hours bonus episodes.
我邀请你注册成为我的Entre Nous社区成员,无论是免费还是付费,都可以在hesterparelle.substack.com上加入。
I invite you to sign up and become a member, either free or paid, to my Entre Nous community at hesterparelle.substack.com.
你先请。
You first.
是啊。
Yeah.
回听起来确实有点伤感,但在我看来这其实并不是个悲伤的故事,因为可以说这个人某种程度上救了我的命——尽管我们最终没能发展成恋爱关系,但高中时期我们其实是很好的朋友。
When I listen back, it sounds a bit sad, but it's actually not a sad story from my perspective because I would say this is someone who saved my life in a way because even though we never got to be in a relationship or got to be romantic, we were actually very good friends during high school.
她是班上最聪明的女孩。
And she was the smartest girl in the class.
我当时没那么聪明。
I wasn't so smart.
顺便问一下,这是在哪里发生的?
Where was this, by the way?
哦,这是在牙买加。
Oh, this is Jamaica.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
我们在课堂上坐在一起,我会模仿她做的一切。
And we sat beside each other in class, and I would copy everything she did.
她怎么写,她读什么书,我的意思是她当时在读《哈利波特》,而我的阅读水平还达不到那个层次。
So how she wrote, the books she she read, and I mean, she was reading the Harry Potter books at the time, and my level of reading was not at that level.
她把《哈利波特》借给我,我完全沉迷其中,那是我第一本从头到尾读完的书。
And she lent me the Harry Potter books, and I got into it so much, and that was the first book I ever read cover to cover.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
对吧?
Right?
所以在某种程度上,迷恋并爱上她让我走到了今天的位置,因为这给了我许多在学校出类拔萃所需的学术技能。嗯。
So in a way, being infatuated and in love with her has kinda led me to where I am now, you know, because it gave me a lot of the sort of academic skills I needed to excel in school Mhmm.
那些本不是我天生的能力。
When those were not my natural capabilities.
那些不是你天生的能力,还是那些不是你所处的环境?
Those were not your natural capabilities or those were not your circumstances?
是的。
Yeah.
也许吧。
Maybe.
也许那些不是我成长的环境,因为我实际上是在国家监护下长大的。
Maybe those were not my circumstances because I actually I grew up in in state care.
所以基于这一点,你知道,对我人生的预期本不该是达到今天的成就——就我取得的学术成就而言,毕竟我最近刚完成了博士学位。
So based on that, you you know, the expectations for my life were not ones that would have been predicted to where I am today in terms of, you know, the academic achievements I've had because, I mean, I've just recently completed a PhD.
所以你看,我现在已经过上了学者的生活。嗯。
So and, you know, have gone into living life as an academic Mhmm.
这与我最初的起点完全无法预料。
Which you would not have predicted from where I started.
但我想,正是因为接触到了...
But I think being Well exposed
如果只看你的能力,或许可以预见这一点。
If one looked at your capabilities, one may have predicted it.
但从你的处境来看,确实没人能预料到。
I'm not so at your circumstances, one did not predict it.
当我进入高中时,我觉得自己无法适应,因为其他人都遥遥领先。嗯。
When I got to high school, I didn't feel I could survive there because everyone was really ahead of me Mhmm.
坦白说,在学业上。
Academically, quite frankly.
我在班里有点跟不上进度。
And I was a little bit behind in the class.
但我不知道。
But I don't know.
我觉得
I think
但那是因为你的能力所致,还是因为你的生活经历?
But that's because of what you were capable of or because of what your life had been?
也许两者都有。
Maybe both.
我不知道。
I don't know.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
但我想是的。
But I think yeah.
我只是想记住这一点,等我们以后再说。
I just to remember this for when we get later.
是的。
Yes.
这是一个非常重要的区别,你也为她做出了区分。
This is a very important distinction, and you just made a distinction for her too.
不。
No.
她并不像我爱她那样爱我,但她成为了一个非常好的朋友。
She didn't love me in the way that I was in love with her, but she became a very good friend.
是的。
Yes.
而且她很关心我,也没有真正拒绝过我。
And she cared, and she didn't really reject me.
她说,我对你的爱是不同的。
She said, I love you differently.
这其中确实有拒绝的成分,但并不是说我不在乎你。
Now there's a rejection in that, but it wasn't like, I don't care about you.
滚出我的生活。
Get out of my life.
对。
Right.
意思是我对你没有那种感情,但在其他方面我非常在乎你。
It was I don't care about you in this way, but I care about you greatly in other ways.
是啊。
Yeah.
但这段经历中的某些东西成为了你预期被拒绝的范式。
But something in that experience became paradigmatic for you in expecting rejection.
在某种程度上,是的。
In in a way, yes.
而我
And I'm
感情上的拒绝?
Romantic rejection?
是的。
Yes.
我不确定。
I'm not sure.
我非常清楚它是如何显现的,但我确实知道那是一个关键点,对我来说就像是一个触发点。嗯。
I'm very conscious of how it shows up, but I do know that that is a point of, it's like a touch point for me Mhmm.
在感情方面。
Romantically.
跟我聊聊你说过的——我的性生活、感情生活和爱情生活主要是与男性有关的。
Tell me a little bit about your you say I did and and my sex life, my romantic life, my love life is mostly with men.
情况如何?
What's it been like?
我是说
I mean
可以说一开始并不顺利。
It started a little rocky, I would say.
比如,我当时并不清楚自己是谁。
Like, I didn't know who I was.
我有点害怕接受自己的这个真相。
I was a little bit just afraid of accepting this truth about myself.
但随着年龄增长和逐渐成熟
But as I've grown older and a little bit mature
你那时多大年纪?
How old were you then?
我想大概是20岁左右。
I was around 20, I think.
算是比较晚熟的类型。
So a bit of a late bloomer.
说实话,我的第一次经历并不是我自己会选择的那种,但事已至此。
My first experience was not one I would have chosen for myself, to be honest, but it is what it is.
所以在某种程度上我已经接受了。
So I I've come to acceptance in a way.
等等。
Hold on.
等等。
Hold on.
等等。
Hold on.
等等。
Hold on.
嗯。
Yeah.
等等。
Hold on.
我们稍微放慢一点节奏。
We're gonna slow it down a second.
好吗?
Okay?
好的。
Yeah.
我的
My
第一次经历并不是我自愿选择的。
first experience wasn't what I would have chosen for myself.
意思是与你想象的不同,还是说这不是一次好的经历?
Means it was different from what I had imagined or means it wasn't a good one?
这不是一次好的经历,因为追求我的人并不是我喜欢的类型。
It was not a good one in in that I was pursued by someone who I was not attracted to.
可以说那个人占了我的便宜,但如果能重来,我绝不会选择与那个人有任何关系。
And I would say the person took advantage of me, but if I were to go back and choose, I would not have chosen to be with that person.
只是当时,我想那个人可能看透了一些我自己都没意识到的东西,他们察觉到了这种吸引力并加以利用。
It was just that at the time, I suppose that person maybe had an insight about me that I didn't have, and they were able to pick up on this, I guess, attraction and take advantage of it.
倒不是说有多恶劣,只是他们能够在性方面与我建立联系,但你知道,我本不会选择与这个人发生性关系。
Not in a bad way, but just that they were able to connect with me sexually, but it wasn't you know, I would not have chosen to to be sexual with this person.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
只是当时的环境凑巧导致了那样的结果。
It's just that the circumstances at the time contrived to deliver that outcome.
这件事对你留下印记了吗?
Does that carry a mark for you?
这件事是否给你留下了伤痕?
Does that leave with has that left you with a scar?
没有。
No.
我不这么认为,因为归根结底,我仍然拥有自主权和选择权,而我在那一刻做出了选择。
I don't think so because at the end of the day, I still had agency and choice, and I chose in that moment.
好的。
Okay.
我只是希望当时能对自己有更多一点的了解。
I just wish I had a little bit more insight about myself.
那么
So
我可以说,实际上,那并不是我喜欢的。
I could say, actually, that's not what I like.
好的。
Okay.
或者说那不是我喜欢的类型,但这个领悟是在事情过去很久之后才有的。
Or that's not who I like, but I only came to that realization long after the the event.
但现在,我对自己喜欢什么、不喜欢什么、喜欢什么样的人、不喜欢什么样的人,都更清楚一些了。
But nowadays, I'm a little more conscious of what I like, what I don't like, who I like, who I don't like.
所以我对自己的感情选择有了更多主动权。
So I have a little bit more agency over my romantic choices.
我想如果不是经历过最初无法选择的那段经历,我可能永远都学不会这一点。
I don't think I would have learned that had I not gone through the the original experience of having not being able to choose.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
有什么爱情故事吗?
Any love stories?
有啊。
Yeah.
最难忘的是我在牙买加遇到的那个人,但他六个月后就要移民了。
So the most salient one is someone who I I met in Jamaica, but he was migrating in, like, six months.
不过在他离开前的那六个月里,我们经历了一段旋风般的浪漫。
But for that six months before he left, we were in a little bit of a a whirlwind of a romance.
是的,那对我的人生改变很大,因为在这段关系中,我得以展现自己能够多么深爱一个人,并全心付出。
And, yeah, that was very life changing for me because it it was a relationship in which I got to show how much I could love someone and give myself to someone.
直到今天,我们依然保持着联系。
And, yeah, to this day, we still talk.
尽管我们身处地球两端,却仍有着非常深厚的联结。
We have a really strong connection even though we are at two different ends of the globe.
有时我们会几个月不联系,但只要一拿起电话,就仿佛从未分开过。
Sometimes we go for months without talking, but when we pick up the phone and call each other, it's like no time has passed.
所以,那是个非常美好的爱情故事。
So, you know, that's been a beautiful love story.
是啊。
Yeah.
后来我来到新西兰,遇到了一位毛利人,那段关系充满了深刻的精神共鸣。
And then when I came to New Zealand, I met someone who is Maori, and that relationship was deeply spiritual.
我觉得我本质上就是个非常注重精神层面的人。
And I think by nature, I'm a deeply spiritual person.
于是我们在这种精神层面上产生了共鸣,可以说我们成为了彼此的精神支柱。
And so we connected on this sort of spiritual level and, you know, we were able to be each other's grounding, I guess.
要知道,当时我正在求学,而我那种对学业近乎痴迷的专注让生活变得有些疯狂。
You know, because I was studying at the time and things had gotten kind of crazy with how I was just slavishly focused on school.
他总能让我回归现实,提醒我说:嘿,除了你拼命想拿到的那张文凭,生活中还有其他重要的事。
And he was able to bring me back to reality and say, hey, there there are other things other than the piece of paper you're trying to earn.
我知道那张文凭很重要。
I know it's important.
你需要它来构建你想要的新生活,但生活中还有其他我们可以享受的事物。
You need it to build a new life you want to live, but there there are other things that we can enjoy in life.
所以他经常带我去他的祖地,我们经常去远足。
So he took me a lot to his ancestral lands, and we went hiking a lot.
我真正见识到了新西兰的美景,若非如此我本不会看到这些,因为我当时只顾着完成学业,觉得那是我通往更好生活的门票。
And I got to really see the beauty of New Zealand, which I would not have seen otherwise because I was so laser focused on finishing my studies because I felt that, you know, that was my ticket to a better life.
是啊。
So yeah.
所以我非常感激生命中的那段时光,那段恋情让我体会到爱情的力量,它确实能让你的生活变得更好一些。
So I I was really grateful for that period of my life, for that romance that opened me up to what being in love can do for you in terms of just, yeah, making your life a little bit more better Mhmm.
比独自一人时要好。
Than when you're on your own.
我们需要短暂休息一下,请别走开,稍后继续关注故事发展。
We have to take a brief break, so stay with us, and let's see where this goes.
本节目由Odoo赞助播出。
Support for this show comes from Odoo.
经营企业本就不易,何必再用十几个互不兼容的应用给自己添麻烦?
Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重介绍Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
这是您唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
这是一个全功能集成平台,让您的工作更轻松——包含客户关系管理、财务、库存、电子商务等全套解决方案。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的部分是什么?
And the best part?
ODOO能以极低的成本替代多个昂贵的平台。
ODOO replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
这就是为什么成千上万的企业已经选择了转换。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
你还在等什么?
So why not you?
免费试用ODOO,请访问odoo.com。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
网址是odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
调整舵轮。
Race the rudder.
升起船帆。
Raise the sails.
升起船帆。
Raise the sails.
船长,一艘不明船只正在接近。
Captain, an unidentified ship is approaching.
完毕。
Over.
收到。
Roger.
等等。
Wait.
那是一个企业销售解决方案吗?
Is that an enterprise sales solution?
触达销售专业人士,而非职业水手。
Reach sales professionals, not professional sailors.
通过领英广告,您可以根据行业、职位等精准定位目标人群。
With LinkedIn ads, you can target the right people by industry, job title, and more.
立即开始转化您的B2B受众群体。
Start converting your b to b audience today.
首期广告投放满250美元,即可获赠250美元信用额度用于下次投放。
Spend $250 on your first campaign and get a free $250 credit for the next one.
立即访问linkedin.com/campaign开启您的广告之旅。
Get started today at linkedin.com/campaign.
条款与条件适用。
Terms and conditions apply.
如果您厌倦了数据库的限制和扩展时崩溃的架构,是时候跳出传统行列思维的框框了。
If you're tired of database limitations and architectures that break when you scale, then it's time to think outside rows and columns.
MongoDB是由开发者专为开发者打造的数据库。
MongoDB is the database built for developers by developers.
它符合ACID标准,具备企业级能力,并精通人工智能。
It's ACID compliant, enterprise ready, and fluent in AI.
这就是为什么众多《财富》500强企业都选择MongoDB来处理他们最关键的工作负载。
That's why so many of the Fortune 500 trust MongoDB with their most critical workloads.
准备好突破行列的思维定式了吗?
Ready to think outside rows and columns?
立即访问mongodb.com/build,加速您的开发进程。
Start building faster at mongodb.com/build.
这个女孩的记忆是什么时候以现在这样的强烈程度重新浮现在你脑海中的?
And when did the memory of this girl kind of reemerge for you with the kind of intensity that it has now?
我想,大概是在过去六个月左右吧。
I guess, yeah, in the last six months, maybe.
发生了什么?
And what happened?
是什么让你想起了这件事?
What brought this up for you?
我的意思是,你并没有忘记它。
I mean, not that you had forgotten it.
是的。
Yes.
不。
No.
但确实出现了记忆的复苏,那种强烈程度,伴随的感受,以及你称之为单恋的那种单向情感。
But it really there was a resurgence of the memory, of the intensity of it, of the feeling that accompanied it, of the sense that what you call unrequited love is it's one-sided.
就是我会爱上某人。
It's I will love someone.
他们却不会回应我的爱。
They will not love me back.
对。
Right.
而这已经成为某种预期。
And that has become a kind of expectations.
你预见到了这一点。
You anticipate this.
问题不在于她是谁,而在于你与她共度的经历,以及这段经历如何成为了你现在的认知框架。
It's not who she is, it's what you experienced with her and how that has now become a frame for you.
我预料到自己不会得到爱的回应。
I anticipate not being loved in return.
我预料到自己不会有那种归属感。
I anticipate not having that sense of belonging.
我不太清楚具体是什么原因,但我记得当时在想,不知道如果直接告诉她她对我人生的意义并表示感谢会是什么感觉。
I I don't know exactly what bodied up, but I just remember thinking, I wonder what it would be like to just tell her thank you for what she's meant to my life.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然后,我刚刚谷歌搜索了她,发现她现在结婚了,可能还有了孩子。
And, yeah, I I just googled her and saw that, you know, she's married now and probably has kids.
我就觉得,这大概是我永远无法进行的一次对话了。
And I I and I'm like, you know, this is a conversation I'll probably never be able to have.
我想,正因为知道这件事永远不可能实现,那种可望不可即的感觉反而让人更加渴望吧。
And I guess just the idea that that will never happen, you know, the fact that something is out of reach, I guess, makes you want it more.
我也不知道。
I don't know.
什么永远不会发生?
What will never happen?
是啊。
Yeah.
那种表达感谢的机会。
That kind of that opportunity to say thank you.
为什么不行?
Why not?
为什么不行?
Why not?
我不知道。
I don't know.
她...她很难联系上,我想。
She's she's difficult to reach, I guess.
而且我想我们现在已经是不同的人了。
And I guess we're just different people now.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我做这档播客时遇到一位女士,让我意识到生命中许多最初痛苦的事情,后来都变成了重要的教训、转折或机遇。
I did this podcast with this woman, and it occurred to me that a number of times in my life when things started out painful, they actually turned into important lessons or transitions or opportunities.
这让我想起,你是我第一个真正共同经历这种转变的人。
And it occurred to me that you were the first with whom I had actually experienced this.
你知道,我们很少会给几十年前认识的人写信。
And, you know, we don't often write to people we met decades before.
但我有个念头,就是想对你说声谢谢。
But I had this thought that I wanted to say thank you to you.
希望你一切安好。
I hope things are good.
我只想让你知道,我读的第一本书是和你一起读的。不仅是我读了它们,更是你把这些书给了我,你给了我根基、认知、机遇,以及区分处境与能力的能力。
And I just wanted you to know my first book I read with you, and it's not just that I read them, it's that you gave them to me, it's that you gave me a grounding, a recognition, an opportunity, an ability to distinguish between circumstances and capabilities.
我不知道你为什么曾是州立监狱的看守,我甚至不确定她是否知道这件事。
I don't know why you were a warden of the state, but I don't even know if she knew it.
但我有种感觉,这是一所学校,一所你被邀请就读的特殊学校?
But I have a sense that there was this was a school, a special school that you had been invited to attend?
不是。
No.
就是普通的
It was just the ordinary
普通高中。
The ordinary high school high school.
在那个地区。
In the area.
对。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
但不是所有人都没有家吧?
But not everyone didn't have a home?
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
所以在某种程度上,当你想起她时,她给了你一个家的缩影。
And so in some way, when you think of her, she gave you a version of a a a small version of home.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我只是想写几句话给你,因为我们并不总是感谢那些在我们人生轨迹中非常重要却不自知的人。
And I just wanted to drop you a few lines because we don't always thank the people on our trajectory who were very significant and don't even know they were.
如果你收到类似这样的一封信,会是什么感觉?
What would it be like if you had a variation of this letter?
当你听到它被大声念出来时,感觉如何?
If when you hear it out loud, what's it like?
是啊。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我想我已经写过这封信好几次了
I think I've written this letter several times
好的。
Okay.
但就是一直没能找到她的联系方式寄出去。
But just have not been able to find her contact to send it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
但这封信我经常想起,一直带在身边。
But this is a letter I I think about a lot and I carry it with me.
它就像我在艰难时刻会去的一个地方。
It's like a place I go to in difficult times.
嗯。
Mhmm.
因为正如你所说,它某种程度上是我人生的基石。
Because as you say, it's it it was a sort of base for me in my life.
多说一些。
Say more.
就像你说的,那种被认可、被看见的经历给了我太多,我非常感激她,经常想表达这一点。
Just that experience, as you say, of being acknowledged, of being seen gave me so much, and I'm so grateful to her and just often want to to say that.
其实我经常对自己说这些话。
I often say that actually, you know, to myself.
你知道吗,有时候当我处于一个特别美好的季节,我就会轻声对自己说谢谢。
You know, sometimes when I'm I'm in a really good season, I'll just, you know, whisper to myself, thank you.
尽管她听不见,而我对这个关于单恋问题的思考是:你该如何为那个永远不知道对你意义重大的人保持那份感激之情?
Even though she can't hear it, and I think my thoughts around this question of unrequited love is how do you hold that candle of gratitude for someone who will never know how much they meant to you?
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我不知道。
I don't know.
这确实是个难题,我想,因为人们会经历人生的不同阶段。
This is it's a puzzle, I I think, because people people move through different phases in life.
嗯。
Mhmm.
而她可能正处于人生的某个阶段,即使听到了这些话,也可能无法真正接受。
And she might be at a phase of her life where even hearing that, she might not even be able to receive it.
我不知道。
I don't know.
但这只是我对单恋这个整体概念的一种思考。
But this is just one of my thoughts about this whole idea of unrequited love.
世界上有无数种我们爱着却不被知晓的情况,你本可能与生命中路过的许多人共度不同的人生。
There are so many different permutations of people who we love but who don't know that we love them, and there are many lives that you could have lived with many different people who come across your path.
我一直在想象那条未曾走过的路会是什么样子,因为那本是众多可能之一,却终究未能实现。
And my thoughts have just been about wondering what that path would have been like, you know, because it's one of many parts that could have happened, but it didn't happen.
对吧?
Right?
你觉得自己值得被爱吗?
You feel deserving of it?
最近,我越来越确信自己完全值得。
Of late, I have become more convinced that I absolutely am.
我以前从未有过这种感觉,但随着与自我更深的连接,我无比确信这绝对是我应得的。
I never felt that way, but as I've gotten more connected with myself, I know that without a shadow of a doubt, it's absolutely what I deserve.
某种程度上,我觉得爱一个永远不会爱我的人这件事本身有种自负——因为在爱她的过程中,我似乎也爱上了自己。
And I think, in a way, there's a sort of conceit about this whole process of loving someone who will never love me back because in that process of loving her, I think I sort of fell in love with myself.
我不知道该如何解释,但我把自己塑造成了她会想要在一起的那种人,因为我看到了她所欣赏的那些品质等等。
I don't know how to explain that, but I made myself into a person she would have wanted to be with because I saw the qualities that she admired and so forth.
在把自己变成那个人的过程中,我意识到,哦,其实我也很喜欢我正在成为以及每天都在成为的那个自己。
And in turning myself into that person, I realized, oh, I actually like that person as well that I that I have become and I'm becoming each day.
这就是为什么我开始觉得自己值得拥有这一切——当我回顾自己的转变时,有时会忍不住感叹,哇。
And that's where the whole idea of me feeling that I deserve it has come from in that when I look at how I have transformed, you know, I sometimes up and say, you know, wow.
是啊。
Yeah.
你其实非常棒。
You're actually quite wonderful.
能够对自己说出这样的话,我想这本身就是一种馈赠。
And to be able to say that to myself is a bit of a gift, I think.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
是啊。
Yeah.
虽然没能与我渴望的人相爱,但通过整个过程,我在某种程度上成为了那个人。
Of having not been in love with the person I desire, but through that whole process, I became that person in a way.
那我们还想称之为单恋吗?还是说它的定义已经改变了?
So do we still wanna call it unrequited love, or does it change title?
我不知道。
The I don't know.
我不知道。
I don't know.
在
In
爱你的过程中,我学会了爱自己。
loving you, I came to love myself.
你给予了我如此之多,这根本不是单方面的付出。
And you gave me so much, not unrequited at all.
你给予了我如此之多,而我懂得如何接纳,并懂得如何将其转化为美好的事物。
You gave me so much, and I knew how to take it, and I knew how to transform it into something beautiful.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
我很喜欢这一点,因为我最终获得的版本对我而言是具有变革性的。
I love that because the version I ended up with was one that was transformative for me.
是的。
Yes.
她成为了你的缪斯。
She became a muse for you.
她成为了,是啊。
She became Yeah.
你的催化剂。
A catalyst for you.
而且你可能不知道,她可能完全不记得了,或者她可能从不认为这是什么大不了的事,又或者她其实可能认为自己做了件真正的好事——给予者改变了接受者的生活,而接受者也同样改变了给予者的生活。
And for all you know, she may not remember at all, or she may never have thought it was such a big deal, or she actually may have thought that she was doing something really good, and that the giver changes the life of the receiver, but the receiver also changes the life of the giver.
有时人们表达感谢的方式,即便无法当面致谢,就是通过他们传递下去的东西。
And one way sometimes that people get to say thank you, even if they don't get to meet the person, is by what they pass on.
这是他们自己的传承。
It's their own transmission.
通过他们成为别人的光,并暗自明白这光芒的源头。
It's by them becoming a light for someone else and kind of privately knowing where it comes from.
他们手持的火炬并非始于他们。
That the torch they carry didn't start with them.
是某天有人曾照亮过他们。
That someone else one day shed light on them.
此刻你生命中有这样的受赠者吗?
Do you have a receiver at this moment in your life?
有。
Yes.
确实有。
I do.
我想是我的学生们,嗯。
I think my students Mhmm.
因为我从事教学。
Because I teach.
还有我的弟弟,我努力成为他的光。
And my younger brother, I try to be a light for him.
嗯。
Mhmm.
那么他是否在接收这份光呢?
And is he a receiver?
哦,确实如此。
Oh, very much so.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
你是否觉得这其中存在一种镜像般的体验?
And do you feel that there is a kind of a mirror experience going on?
是的。
Yeah.
绝对如此。。
Absolutely.
我想是的。
I think so.
而且我觉得,最美妙的是,他经常告诉我,我就是他的光。
And I think well, the beauty of it is that, you know, he tells me often that I am his light.
能得到这样的认可真的很美好。
So it's beautiful to have that acknowledgment.
所以从那个角度来看,这并不是单向的付出。
So it's not so requited from that perspective.
我能实时看到我的付出所带来的影响,这非常令人满足。
I I'm able to see in real time the impact of my my giving, and it's quite gratifying.
展开剩余字幕(还有 278 条)
而她可能也做了同样的事。
And she may have done the same.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,你知道吗,我其实忘了一件事。
And, you know, I actually, I forgot about something.
告诉我。
Tell me.
当你高中毕业后的那两年,差不多像是大学前的过渡期。
When you finish high school, those two years where you sort of do, like, it's like that period before university.
嗯。
Mhmm.
那两年,就像大学预科阶段。
Those two years, like college years.
在牙买加,我们称这两年为第六学级。
So for my two years, we call it sixth form in Jamaica.
嗯
Mhmm.
我去了不同的预科学校
I went to a different sixth form.
嗯
Mhmm.
它更有声望一些
It was a little bit more prestigious.
那是一所历史悠久的男子寄宿学校,培养过许多首相和商界领袖
It was like a all boys boarding school with a long tradition of educating prime ministers and business leaders.
这就是牙买加上流社会的男孩们通常会去的地方
And this is where all of the sort of upper crust of Jamaican boys would go to.
不知怎么的,我最后去了那里
Somehow, I I ended up there.
不会吧
No.
不是莫名其妙
Not somehow.
不是莫名其妙
Not somehow.
那不是,你知道的,这就是我问你是否觉得自己值得的原因
That that didn't you know, that's why I ask you if you feel deserving.
你不是莫名其妙进去的,没人能莫名其妙进入那种地方
You didn't just somehow nobody gets somehow into those places.
确实如此
That's true.
承认它吧
Own it.
这很美好
It's beautiful.
是的
Yeah.
这很美。
It's beautiful.
你拥有一个对生活微笑的笑容。
You have a smile that smiles to life.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
你为此付出了如此多的努力,却并不总能得到应有的支持。
You worked so hard for it, and you didn't always get the proper supports for it.
我对你的故事一无所知。
And I don't know anything about your story.
但我能感觉到你独自完成了许多事。
But I can sense that you did a lot of this alone.
是啊。
Yeah.
但你懂得在适当的时候接受书籍、果实和礼物,那些给予你的人或许甚至都不了解你的故事。
But you knew when to take the book and the fruit and the gifts from people who are giving to you who may or may not even have known your story either.
你知道吗,教室里总会有那么一个人,放学后不回家,没人知道他们不回去,没有现成的晚餐等着他们,诸如此类。
You know, there's often someone in the classroom who doesn't go home when the school day ends, and nobody knows that they're not going home and that they don't go to a ready made dinner and that etcetera, etcetera.
他们隐藏在人群中,渴望有归属感,于是模仿他人。
And they hide in the midst, and they wanna feel that they belong, and they copy.
他们模仿所见所闻,好让别人觉得他们也是其中一员。
They copy what they see so that people think that they're one of them.
是啊。
Yeah.
但实际上,有时他们住在车里。
But in fact, sometimes they live in a car.
有时他们住在政府的救济院里。
Sometimes they live in the warren of the state.
有时家里根本空无一人。
Sometimes there's just no one home.
告诉我吧。
Tell me.
是啊。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我只是,嗯,在回想那段旅程。
I I was just, yeah, thinking of that journey.
对。
Yeah.
那相当孤独。
It was pretty lonely.
一路上得到了很多帮助,有很多人给予我支持。
There was a lot of help along the way and a lot of people who poured into me.
现在依然感觉有点孤独,因为我现在正处于职业转型期。
And it it still feels a little lonely now because I I'm in a in a bit of a career transition, let's say.
所以现在我需要更多地从那段旅程中汲取力量,提醒自己,嘿。
So now I I need to draw more from that journey that you know, and remind myself that, hey.
你之前已经经历过这些了。
You've you've been through this before.
这只是更高层次上的另一个版本。
This is just another version of it at a higher level.
所以你并不孤单,你会没事的。
So you're not alone, and you're gonna be fine.
你只需要记住你是被爱着的,而且你已经拥有旅途所需的一切。
You just need to remember that that you're loved and that you have everything you need for the rest of your journey.
我们稍后将立即恢复会议。
We'll be back with a session right after this.
虽然我们感谢赞助商,但如果你想无广告收听本期内容,请点击'免费试用'按钮订阅Apple播客上的Astaire办公时间。
And while we love our sponsors, if you wanna listen to this session ad free, click the try free button to subscribe to Astaire's office hours on Apple Podcasts.
本节目由以下赞助商支持:经营企业已经够难了,何必再用十几个互不兼容的应用给自己添麻烦呢?
Support for this show comes from Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重推出Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
它是您唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
这是一个一体化全集成平台,能让您的工作更轻松。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier.
包含客户关系管理、会计、库存、电子商务等功能。
CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的部分是什么?
And the best part?
Odoo能以极低的成本替代多个昂贵的平台。
Odoo replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
这就是为什么已有数千家企业选择了转型。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
您还在等什么呢?
So why not you?
立即免费试用Odoo,请访问odoo.com。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
那是odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
青少年长期以来一直让成年人感到困惑。
Teenagers have been mystifying adults for a long time.
他为什么不能表现得成熟点?
Why can't he act his age?
他为什么就是长不大?
Why doesn't he grow up?
虽然我们无法确切回答为什么青少年会这样,但我们有一些科学家正在提出非常有趣的问题。
And we don't have definitive answers for you about why teenagers are the way that they are, but we do have some scientists who are asking really interesting questions.
他们问我是否抽过烟,我当时才九岁。
They asked me if I smoked once, and I was like, I'm nine.
这就是本周《不可思议》的内容。
That's this week on Unexplainable.
研究人员正在用各种奇妙的方法试图理解青少年脑子里到底在想什么。
All the weird, wonderful ways researchers are trying to figure out what's going on inside teens' heads.
青春期少年,我说得对吧?
Peenagers, am I right?
特朗普总统上周末很忙。
President Trump was busy last weekend.
肯尼迪中心荣誉奖
Kennedy Center honors
有时候你可以说人们要么快乐,要么不快乐。
It's like sometimes you could say like people, either happy or you don't.
这栋建筑的音响效果很棒。
Great sound in this building.
在白宫闯入了一场员工节日派对。
Crashed a staff holiday party at the White House.
你们中许多人从最初就陪伴我直到第一届任期结束,我们爱你们所有人。
Many of you have been with me from the beginning until the first term, and we love you all.
我只想祝你们圣诞快乐,新年快乐,祝所有孩子们光明节快乐。
And I just wanna wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah to all the whole kids.
但特朗普想要的圣诞礼物就是让印第安纳州的共和党人通过一项新的国会口罩法案。
But all Trump wants for Christmas is for Indiana Republicans to pass a new congressional mask.
社交证明。
Proof social.
如果他们愚蠢地拒绝,就把他们投票赶下台。
If they stupidly say no, vote them out of office.
他们不配,我会到场协助。
They are not worthy, and I will be there to help.
谢谢你,印第安纳州。
Thank you, Indiana.
特朗普认为自己可以通过选区划分操纵在2026年中期选举中获胜,但印第安纳州部分共和党人并不买账。
Trump thinks he can gerrymander his way to victory in the twenty twenty six midterm elections, but some Indiana Republicans aren't buying it.
特朗普和他的MAGA运动已经接管了共和党,但在印第安纳州及其他地区,联盟已出现裂痕迹象。
Trump and his MAGA movement have taken over the GOP, but in Indiana and beyond, there are some signs of cracks in the coalition.
以上是Vox《今日解析》即将播报的内容。
That's coming up on Today Explained from Vox.
此刻是谁在照亮你的生活?
Who is shedding a light on you right now?
我...我现在觉得身边没有人,所以我只能不断挖掘自己的内在资源,这可能也是为什么那些记忆会频繁浮现。
I I I don't think I have anyone right now, which is why I'm drawing so much on my inner resources and and which is maybe why the memory is coming up so much.
你知道吗?
You know?
上一次我感到如此强烈的孤独时,记忆把我带回到那个坐在教室里的男孩形象。
The last time I remember that acute sense of loneliness brought me back to seeing myself as this young boy in class.
是啊。
Yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
如果要说上次的话,我想现在应该说是每天都在经历这种感受了。
The last time, I think now is I would say it's every day now.
所以我保持着冥想和写日记的习惯。
So I have a meditation practice and a journaling practice.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以我以这些开始新的一天,因为我知道这条路是孤独的。
So I begin my day with that because I I know the road is lonely.
对吧?
Right?
所以在某种程度上,这就是我的自我关怀。
So that's my my self care in a way.
而且,是的,这段记忆,我认为也是关怀的一部分,因为正如你所说,它让我记住这段旅程。
And, yeah, this memory, I think, is part of what's is part of the care as well because as you say, it allows me to remember, you know, the journey.
它让我记得我曾经熬过这种时刻,也让我知道自己工具箱里还有些工具。
It allows me to remember that I've survived this before, and it allows me to know I have some tools in my toolkit.
我并不那么孤独,也不那么...是的。
I'm not so alone, and I'm not so yeah.
我并不像有时自以为的那样不值得。
I'm not as undeserving as I as I sometimes think I am.
同样如此。
Same on.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以现在在我试图建立的这种新型学术生涯中,情况可能会非常非常艰难。
So now in this new sort of academic career that I'm trying to establish, it can be really, really difficult.
你明白吗?
You know?
因为你要努力创造新知识并参与学术对话,如果你是个年轻学者,你知道,你是在和那些早已功成名就的人竞争,所以会感到有些压力。
And because you are trying to basically create new knowledge and contribute to academic conversations, If you're a young academic, you know, you're competing with people who are already well established, so it can feel a little intimidating.
因此,我必须真正与内心对话,提醒自己:嘿。
So, yes, I have to sort of really have that inner check with myself to remind myself that, hey.
我已经走了这么远,我有这个能力。
I've come this far, and I have what it takes.
我猜想——希望不是误判——但我觉得新西兰的牙买加人应该不多吧。
I assume I hope, not maybe mistakenly, but I assume there are not many Jamaicans in New Zealand.
不。
No.
那是什么感觉?
So how is that?
确实很困难,尤其是因为距离太远了。
It's really difficult and especially because it's so far away.
不像你可以随时跳上飞机回去看看。
So it's not like you can jump on a plane and and go for a visit.
文化差异大吗?
And culturally different?
我觉得文化方面还好,因为这里很符合我的性格。
I mean, call I'm okay with the culture because it suits a lot of my personality.
你知道吗?
You know?
我离开牙买加的原因之一就是在这里更有归属感,所以这对我来说不是问题。
It's one of the reasons I left Jamaica is I feel more at home here, so that's not an issue for me.
但我确实明白社区的价值。
But I do know the value of community.
我在这里没有太多这样的社区感。
I I don't have that so much here.
但我确实有朋友,非洲朋友。
But I do have friends, African friends.
他们分布在全国各地,但我们确实会时不时聚一聚,这很有帮助。
They're in different parts of the country, but we do try to get together every now and again, and that helps.
所以我对此心怀感激。
So I'm I'm I'm grateful for that.
因为否则的话,还会有种族孤独感。
Because otherwise, there's racial loneliness as well.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yeah.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
大多数时候,我是房间里唯一的黑人,你知道的,你能感受到那种感觉。
And most times, I'm the only black person in a room, you know, and you you feel it.
你当然,
You Of course,
你能感受到。
you feel it.
是的。
Yeah.
的
Of
当然,你能感受到。
course, you feel it.
是的。
Yeah.
就在两个月前,我去剑桥大学参加了一个会议。
And even just last two months ago, I went to Cambridge University for a conference.
是的,我当时感到非常孤独。
And, yeah, I just felt so alone.
比如,当我准备展示我的部分研究成果时,在早上正式演讲前,我不得不去洗手间让自己冷静下来,因为我忍不住哭了,那种孤独感实在太强烈了。
Like, when I I I was presenting some of my research and in the morning before I went to present, I had to go in the bathroom and, like, really catch myself because I I started to cry because of just how lonely I felt.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
没关系的。
It's It's okay.
没关系。
It's okay.
我就在这里陪着你。
I'm right here.
是啊。
Yeah.
这是一段漫长的旅程。
It's it's been a long journey.
我是说,那个会议是在皇家学会举办的。
I mean, yeah, that that conference was at the Royal Society.
那里是艾萨克·牛顿写下他最初发现的地方,而我作为一个黑人,作为奴隶的后裔站在那个地方。
This is where Isaac Newton wrote his first discoveries and, you know, standing in that place as a black man, as a descendant of slaves.
我当时真是...
I was yeah.
我只是,真的感到无比自豪。
I was just, yeah, just so Proud.
震撼不已。
Blown away.
自豪。
Proud.
是的。
Yes.
我感到自豪。
I was proud.
自豪又孤独。
Proud and lonely.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
但你知道吗,我最大的愿望之一就是希望她能看见我,因为这段旅程都是因为她。
But, yeah, it's one of the things that I wish, you know, was that I I wish she could see me because that journey was because of her.
你明白吗?
You know?
我真的很想说声谢谢。
I just really wanna say thank you.
我真的只想说声谢谢,因为如果没有她这个朋友,我不可能走到今天。
I really just wanna say thank you because I I would not have gotten there if she had not been a friend to me.
你会找到感谢她的方式的。
You will find a way to thank her.
你是个研究员。
You're a researcher.
你可以写信给她,找到她的地址。
You can write to her and find her address.
你有家人吗?
Do you have family?
有。
Yes.
有。
Yes.
我有。
I do.
但她已经成为了你想展示自己成长的那个家庭的象征。
But she has come to represent the family to whom you wanna show who you've become.
是的。
Yeah.
她是她的替代者。
She's she's the stand in.
在某种程度上,是的。
In a way, yes.
她是代表。
She's the representative.
是的。
Yeah.
我想是的。
I think so.
你怎么称呼她?
How do you call her?
她的名字是雪莉·安妮。
Her name is Sherry Anne.
也许她正在听。
Maybe she's listening.
你可以就在这里、现在感谢她。
You're welcome to thank her right here, right now.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,是的,雪莉·安妮,如果你在听的话,我只想说谢谢你对我的一切意义,谢谢你看见我,并给了我成为今天这个样子的机会。
Well, yeah, Sherry Anne, if you are listening, yeah, I just wanna say thank you for everything you've meant to me and, yeah, for just seeing me and giving me the opportunity to become who I am today.
谢谢。
So thank you.
你觉得她会立刻明白吗?
Do you think she will understand immediately?
我...我不太确定,因为我不知道她现在的生活状况。
I'm I I'm not sure because I don't know where her life is at now.
我想结婚生子后,人都会变得不一样。
And I suppose after marriage and kids, you're you're a different person.
你知道吗?
You know?
但我希望...希望她能理解。
But I hope I hope she understands.
她当时知道你在高中毕业后要去哪里吗?
Did she know where you were going at the end of school?
对,没错。
So right.
我要讲的故事是,当我离开我们一起就读的高中,去了那所更有声望的大学后,我们参加了一场公开演讲比赛,两所学校成了竞争对手。
So the story I was gonna tell was that when I left the high school we were at together and went to this more prestigious college, we entered a public speaking competition, and our two schools were competing.
而我们实际上站在了对立面。
And we were actually on opposite sides.
我是说,通常她都能赢得所有这些比赛,但那次结果是我赢了,赛后她走过来,真诚地对我说我确实值得这个胜利。
And I I mean, normally, she wins all of these competitions, but I it turns out that at that time, I won, and she came up to me after and just said how much I deserved to win.
她说,听完你的演讲后,我完全被震撼了,我只想告诉你我为你感到多么骄傲。
She said, after I heard your speech, I was just so blown away, and I just want you to know how proud I am of you.
所以我觉得她其实是知道的。
So I think she she knew.
是啊。
Yeah.
她知道,因为那场比赛为我打开了无数机会之门。
She knew because that competition opened up a lot of doors.
后来我还参加了区域性的比赛。
You know, I ended up going to compete in the regional competition.
那是我第一次出国,真正开阔了眼界,看到了更广阔的世界。
That was my first time traveling abroad and just opened my eyes to, you know, more of the world.
所以我认为,是的,在那场比赛中,她确实以一种方式认可了我,她看到了你的非凡潜力。
So I think, yeah, at that competition, she really sort of acknowledged, you know, that, yeah, I really see great things for you.
她确实说过,尽管她自己也很想赢,但对我赢得比赛感到非常骄傲。
And she really did say how proud she was that I that I won that competition even though she would have liked to have won it.
对。
Right.
两件独立的事。
Two separate things.
是的。
Yes.
两件独立的事。
Two separate things.
当你想起她,带着她的精神来到剑桥时,你是否感觉没那么孤单了?
And when you think of her, when you bring her with you to Cambridge, did you feel slightly less alone?
你是否感受到她对你爱的包围?
Did you feel wrapped in her love for you?
不是单相思的那种,而是爱、骄傲、支持、馈赠和给予中的那种感受。
Not in the unrequited, in the love, in the pride, in the support, in the gifting, in the giving.
不。
No.
我不知道。
I don't know.
剑桥对我产生了某种影响,我从来不怕孤独。
What Cambridge did something to me in that I I've never been afraid of loneliness.
事实上,我总是拥抱孤独。
In fact, I always embrace it.
但在剑桥,不知怎的,孤独变得如此难以忍受。
But being in Cambridge just, I don't know, made it so unbearable in a way.
我能问你些事情吗?
May I ask you something?
嗯。
Yeah.
你是否曾有过这样的感觉:当你追求更高的地位、成就、尊严、应得的尊重、学术认可等等时,实际上有一天你会感到比童年和少年时期更少的孤独感?
Was there ever a sense from you that as you reach for more status, achievement, dignity, deserving, respect, accomplishment, academic recognition, all of it, that in fact you would one day feel less lonely compared to how you had sometimes felt as a child and as a young boy.
事实上,你越是追求和取得成就。
And that, in fact, the more you were reaching and achieving.
相反的情况却正在发生。
The opposite was actually happening.
嗯,你知道,我一直明白智慧与知识的生活是孤独的。
Well, you know, I always knew that the life of wisdom and knowledge is a lonely life.
因为当你追求知识时,你正以他人所不具备的方式看待世界,你拥有他人所没有的信息和洞察深度。
Because when you pursue knowledge, you are seeing the world in ways that others don't, and you have information and depth of insight that others don't have.
所以我一直隐约知道这是条孤独的路。
So I always sort of knew it was a lonely road.
我只是不知道它实际上有多孤独。
I just didn't know how lonely it is actually.
如果我们回到你最初的问题,我不知道这个故事是个单恋的故事,还是该给我个新标题的故事。
If we go back to your original question, I don't know if the story was a story of unrequited love or if the story was give me the new title.
我不知道新标题是什么。
I don't know what the new title is.
你觉得我们刚才谈了什么?
What do you think we talked about?
我们谈话的真正核心是什么?
What is really the essence of what we talked about?
我唯一能想到的就是说声谢谢。
The only thing I can think of is saying thank you.
这听起来简单,但有机会去感谢他人,去感谢他们对你的意义以及如何影响了你的生活。
It sounds simple, but having the opportunity to acknowledge another, to acknowledge what people mean to you and how they've impacted your life.
如果你允许的话,我想再补充一点。
And I will add another piece to it if you allow me.
当我感谢那些影响过我的人时,我知道我并不孤单。
When I thank the people who have impacted me, I know I am not alone.
既然他们影响过我,那么即使在我感到孤独时,我也并非独自一人。
If they've impacted me, then I know that even when I felt lonely, I wasn't alone.
你能理解我的意思吗?
Does that land on you?
是的。
Yes.
毫无疑问。
Definitely.
在我感到如此孤独的时刻,向她表达感谢变得如此重要的原因之一,是因为感恩这一行为本身就蕴含着与他人的联系。
And one of the reasons why thanking her became so important at the moment when I felt so lonely is because in the act itself of gratitude lies the connection to another person.
你在用头表示认同。
You're saying yes with your head.
对。
Yeah.
你在对什么表示认同?
To and you're saying yes to what?
是的。
Yeah.
感恩确实打开了连接的门户,它具有治愈的力量。
That, you know, gratitude really opens up that portal of connection, and it's healing.
归根结底,这就是爱。
Ultimately, it's it's love.
你明白我的意思吗?
I mean, you know?
是的。
Yep.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
感谢你参与这次对话。。
Thank you for joining me in this conversation.
这是我的荣幸。
It was my pleasure.
谢谢你给我这个机会与你共同探讨这些。
Thank you for, yeah, allowing me the space to process this with you.
如果她收到了感谢,请告诉我。
Let me know if the thank you reaches her.
我会的。
I will.
好吗?
Okay?
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Alright.
好的。
Alright.
拜拜。
Bye bye.
再见。
Goodbye.
嗯。
Yeah.
这是一次阿斯泰尔的来电,一次远程录制于世界某两地的干预性电话咨询。
This was an Astaire calling, a one time intervention phone call recorded remotely from two points somewhere in the world.
如果您有想与阿斯泰尔探讨的问题,且能在四、五十分钟的电话中得到解答,请给她发送语音留言,阿斯泰尔可能会致电给您。
If you have a question you'd like to explore with Astaire that could be answered in a forty or fifty minute phone call, send her a voice message and Astaire might just call you.
请将您的问题发送至producer@EstherPerel.com。
Send your question to producer@EstherPerel.com.
《与埃丝特·佩雷尔同行:从何开始》由Magnificent Noise制作出品。
Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel is produced by Magnificent Noise.
我们隶属于Vox Media播客网络,与《纽约杂志》及The Cut栏目保持合作伙伴关系。
We're part of the Vox Media Podcast Network in partnership with New York Magazine and The Cut.
制作团队成员包括埃里克·纽瑟姆、德斯特里·西布利、萨布丽娜·法尔希、克里斯滕·穆勒和朱利安·哈特。
Our production staff includes Eric Newsome, Destry Sibley, Sabrina Farhi, Kristen Muller, and Julian Hatt.
原创音乐及附加制作由保罗·施耐德完成。
Original music, an additional production, by Paul Schneider.
《与埃丝特·佩雷尔同行:从何开始》的执行制片人是?
And the executive producers of Where Should We Begin?
是埃丝特·佩雷尔和杰西·贝克。
Are Esther Perel and Jesse Baker.
我们还要感谢考特妮·汉密尔顿、玛丽·爱丽丝·米勒和杰克·扫罗。
We'd also like to thank Courtney Hamilton, Mary Alice Miller, and Jack Saul.
本节目由Odoo赞助播出。
Support for this show comes from Odoo.
经营企业已经够难了,何必再用十几个互不兼容的应用给自己添堵?
Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重推出Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
这是您唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
这是一个全功能集成的平台,让您的工作更轻松。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier.
包含客户关系管理、财务、库存管理、电子商务等功能。
CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的部分是什么?
And the best part?
Odoo能以极低的成本替代多个昂贵的平台。
Odoo replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
这就是为什么已有数千家企业选择了转换。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
那你还在等什么?
So why not you?
免费试用Odoo,请访问odoo.com。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
网址是odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。